[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just picked up Super Mystery Dungeon on a whim. I played through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 13

File: smd.jpg (183KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
smd.jpg
183KB, 1280x720px
I just picked up Super Mystery Dungeon on a whim. I played through Red Rescue Team a long time ago, but otherwise, I don't have a lot of experience with PMD.

What are some good starter/partner combos, and why?
>>
Why woukd you even lay anything other than the main gamefreak games?
>>
>>25046782
>>25046773
Super Mystery dungeon is significantly better than the recent main series games and arguably better than most of the other main series games if don't care about the competitive scene.
>>
Any good ranged/room attacks on starters? I don't really know how iq skills work either
>>
File: 36.png (9KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
36.png
9KB, 112x112px
>>25046782
Because XY and ORAS are subpar and Chunsoft is really based? I mean Gates was a misstep but they fixed the majority of their mistakes this time.

>>25046899
Actually PSMD doesn't have IQ skills, it's one of the only things cut from Gates that didn't make it back.

As for starters, almost all of them have a ranged attack as a starting move.

http://www.serebii.net/supermysterydungeon/starters.shtml

Do not be fooled by how good these movesets are, PSMD is probably the hardest PMD game. I'm still playing the story mode and trying to get through the Prehistoric Ruins without having to reset from my party eating up too many Reviver Seeds.
>>
>>25046899
Pikachu eventually gets Discharge, Fennekin starts with Psybeam and can eventually get tutored Heat Wave, and Chespin starts with Pin Missile.
IQ skills aren't in SMD. Instead, there's a new Emera mechanic.
>>
>>25046782
Why would you limit yourself to just the main series?

I mean, if the spin offs don't intrest you, then all the power to you. But there are enough people here that want more then just the main series games.
>>
Chespin is literally GOAT starter in SMD. Anybody got the chart that ranks the starters?
>>
>>25046773
Chespin and Charmander are literally the beat protags to use but Fennekin and Totodile are pretty high tier as well. There was a tier list circulating around for a while but honestly you can use anything you want/get from the personality quiz.

Also you need to use wands and monitor your Belly
>>
Chespin outclasses literally everything
>>
europoor here, never got into the PMD series, I'll buy Super and give it a shot. Is it worthwhile? Also, starter tier list?
>>
File: 1453336321608.png (189KB, 396x934px) Image search: [Google]
1453336321608.png
189KB, 396x934px
>>
>>25049058
I received Snivy as my starter and haven't had too much trouble, but maybe it's just me picking a high tier like Fennekin as a partner.
>>
>>25049074
Proper item usage is more important than pokemon choice
>>
>>25046773
>>25048969
I usually choose whatever pokemon I like. I feel like picking the best pokemon takes away from the difficulty of the game.
>>
>>25049058
What makes Charmander elite tier? I can see Chespin with Rollout and Pin Missile but I didn't notice anything overly fantastic during my time with Charmander. They nerfed Smokescreen so there goes that. Dragon Rage is only useful the first couple of dungeons.
>>
File: 1451923325408.png (265KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1451923325408.png
265KB, 500x500px
>>25049137
But Chespin IS my favorite starter
>>
File: 1452834687152.jpg (119KB, 909x686px) Image search: [Google]
1452834687152.jpg
119KB, 909x686px
>>25049144
Did you respond to the right person
>>
>>25049144
Youre an underaged faggot.
>>
>>25046773
I went with Totodile/Fennekin and breezed through after some Pelipper Island farming early on. Totodile has water gun and Fennekin has ember and psybeam. These are all ranged attacks BTW.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 256x287px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 256x287px
>>25046782
>6th gen. main games
>anything but crap
>being this close minded
>>
>>25049301
Nice try Gaiafag, I was 7 when red and blue came out. Take off those rose tinted goggles anytime
>>
>>25049058
Would it be weird to pick a Cute Charmander as your partner?
>>
File: 1449950536225.png (297KB, 2400x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1449950536225.png
297KB, 2400x1400px
I choose the Oshawott/Fennekin team we had a nice combination of ranged and close up fighters. My only problem was towards the end my Shell Blade missed quite a few times when it was crucial I deal damage
>>
>>25046773
Chespin fennekin is good. Chespin gets rollout (godslay) at an early level and they can both spam powerful ranged moves
>>
>>25051683
How much do accuracy potions raise for a single move? Are they worth the 9 gold bars if you're in the middle of the story (or near the end even)?

Also fuck Beeheeyem. I was getting my ass kicked in the Prehistoric Ruins, he could easily kill the enemy, he was in range for a Psybeam, and he just fucking stood there, like 70% of the time he just fucking stood there. Had to reset like five times so I didn't lose all my Reviver Seeds.
>>
>>25050223
I don't see why it would be.
>>
File: 324534.jpg (305KB, 699x430px) Image search: [Google]
324534.jpg
305KB, 699x430px
Cyndaquil/Pikachu master race
>>
>>25046948
>Because XY and ORAS are subpar
Compared to what? They're objectively bigger improvements than anything gen 4 or 5 spat out.
>>
File: 1377872472951.png (57KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1377872472951.png
57KB, 184x184px
>>25049301
>he actually thinks Johtoshit is better than ANY of the Kalos starters
>>
>>25046773
So is this game worth playing? idk I picked up gates to infinity on a whim and I couldn't play it for more than an hour. Mostly cause of the story
>>
File: espurr.jpg (8KB, 225x224px) Image search: [Google]
espurr.jpg
8KB, 225x224px
>play PSMD
>didn't realize Espurr was this cute

I used to whine how Espurr is just a 2nd rate Cincinno lookalike, but god fucking damn she is cute! CUTE!
>>
File: 38.png (29KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
38.png
29KB, 112x112px
>>25054129
I disagree. Gen 4 and 5 are my top two favorite Gens and Gen 6 has just been mediocre at best. No postgame, casualized the games even further (not that BW2 didn't start the trend, but BW2 also gave us a Hard mode so it's not all bad), ORAS actively ignored any third-version content of the game it was remaking and left out shit from the first two versions, the only reason to ever pick up Gen 6 is if you want to play online, and even then if you aren't doing the official tournaments why not just use Showdown?

I'm not too optimistic about Z either just because it's been hinted that Masuda is directing again, and while he's made good things his whole mindset right now with Pokémon is garbage.

Meanwhile PSMD, after a bad last game, looked at the biggest complaints people had with Gates and addressed almost all of them. I don't agree with 100% of the decisions with the game but they clearly put heart and soul into it and wanted to make a quality product, as opposed to Game Freak who it feels like is rushing through everything and pandering to casuals to the detriment of veteran fans.

You're probably baiting me but I can't in good conscience dismiss something as bait when it's their first post in the thread (according to IP).
>>
>>25054157
>I'm not too optimistic about Z either just because it's been hinted that Masuda is directing again
Source?
>>
>>25054169
https://twitter.com/Junichi_Masuda/status/684189205967183872

I don't speak moon but to my understanding it's saying he's working on his next game and it's planned to have a 2016 release. Unless it's some side project I can only assume he's talking about Z.
>>
File: tumblr_o06tc3Y4RR1sqobleo1_500.png (79KB, 500x309px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o06tc3Y4RR1sqobleo1_500.png
79KB, 500x309px
Myself as Mudkip and my partner Fiamma as Fennekin. Never regretted choice I made and now I'm legendary hunting. I have Victini, Meloetta, Virizion, Keldeo, the Regi trio, Regigigas, Diancie, Mew, Shaymin, and Hoopa for now.
>>
>>25054300
It doesnt hint at him being the director of Zygarde game, not to mention it doesnt hint at any Pokemon game at all (yes, GF makes other games) which of course does not mean there wont be new game this year. Its obvious there will be one, its just January so have a lot fo time for any announcement (ORAS was announced in May so who knows)
>>
>>25054157
>ORAS actively ignored any third-version content of the game it was remaking and left out shit from the first two versions
This shit again.!Let's be real here....
>HG/SS had the exact same battle facility (Sinnoh's Battle Frontier) as D/P
>OR/AS had the exact same battle facility (the Battle Maison) as X&Y
>HG/SS included the Eusine storyline from Crystal
>OR/AS incorporated a Rayquaza storyline into postgame
>It also incorporated the team up battle with Steven you had at the Mossdeep Space Center in Emerald
Also, here's a reminder that Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't include any features from Yellow.
>>
>>25054609
this has to be bait, right? r-right?
you do know that D/P just had the Battle Tower, and HGSS had the Battle Frontier from Platinum? besides, GSC didn't have a Battle Frontier. HGSS did, so it was an improvement. Emerald had a Battle Fontier, ORAS didn't. I'm not saying it's shit because it didn't have one, but it's still a step down in comparison to the last remakes. also
>OR/AS incorporated a Rayquaza storyline into postgame
yes, it did. too bad Delta Episode was shit, aside from the cutscene where you ride into space on M-Fug's back
>>
File: 39.png (28KB, 112x112px) Image search: [Google]
39.png
28KB, 112x112px
>>25054609
>HGSS brings stuff from the other game that ADDS to the original
>ORAS brings stuff from the other game that REMOVES from the original
>HGSS keeps in a sidequest and keeps it very similar to the original
>ORAS puts in a completely different plot line
>>that plotline is also dogshit with a Mary Sue

And you ignore EVERYTHING ELSE from Emerald that didn't make it like locations and DOUBLE BATTLES WITH MORE THAN TWO POKéMON ON THE OPPOSING TEAM.

And Yellow wasn't the third version, it was a non-canon anime tie-in, everything it added was an anime reference. The only comparable thing that could've been added from Japanese Blue but wasn't was Mewtwo's dungeon layout being different.
>>
>>25057264
And before you respond, no, a couple multi-battles in which the opposing team has more than two but you also have an overpowered teammate does not satisfy the criteria of double battles with more than two Pokémon on the opposing team being a common occurrence.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.