[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey All

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 3

File: image.png (38KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 250x250px
In Your Opinion What Are His Best Moves For Competitive Battling?
>>
>>25039114
Double Team. Opponents always get frustrated when they can't attack.
>>
>>25039114

Why Did You Capitalize Every Word Of That Sentence?
>>
dark pulse, hydropump, hidden power steel type, icebeam with life orb and HA
>>
>>25039114
Ice beam, Hydro Pump, Acrobatics, Water Shiruken with a Focus Sash he's a great mixed sweeper :^)
>>
>>25039114
Rock slide
Ice beam
low kick
protect

for doubles
>>
Hydro cannon
Ice beam
Extrasensory
Quick attack
HA
>>
>>25039114
Fern?
>>
water shuriken
u-turn
rock slide
acrobatics

NO ITEM
>>
What's so great about acrobatics and dark pulse I see a lot of greninjas have it?
>>
>>25039270
also Jolly nature
>>
HA
Water Pulse
Extrasensory
Dark Pulse
Quick Attack
>>
Power-Up Punch
Acrobatics
Substitute
Waterfall
>>
>>25039114
Remember, SmogFrog is an automatic game winner with protean. It honestly doesn't matter what moveset you use, because neither you nor your opponent will never be able to predict it. It's moves are extremely powerful with its insane base attack of 95, and an even more impressive base 103 special attack. They are simply unrivaled in terms of power with protean. Especially with a mixed set. That power, along with an impressive base 122 speed...it outspeeds every pokemon ever, even when they are choice scarfed, and has coverage for all of them.

You can never, ever predict what this poke is gonna do. There is no counter, or even check, for the SmogFrog.

There are actually people who still agree with this and believe this. It's pretty sad.
>>
Why did smogon frog and spooky sword get banned again?
>>
>>25039148
>hidden power steel

no one questioned this stupid shit?
>>
>>25039668
Because having to predict and react to more than two possible outcomes is too much for stupid people.

>Uh...it's so unpredictable. It's ruining the meta. My brain hurts.
>>
>>25039668
spooksword has 720 bst or some shit and the only things that can switch in on its shadow ball are bulky dark and normal-types, which is like 4 pokemon, who then get memed on pretty hard by its coverage options
>>
>no one saying gunk shot

that's the reason he got banned
>>
>>25039730
I don't remember it playing out that way with its meh speed, revenge killings, and wimpy defense in attack forme. The Pokemon they were banning when I played showdown were Genesect and Mega Lucario and it along with mega mawile were good but not unmanageable.
>>
>>25039668
Smogfrog has high immediate power and can feasibly 2HKO several high profile threats and switchins

For example, you might bring in Sylveon and it might have Gunk Shot, HP Fire for Ferrothorn, Extrasensory for Mega Venusaur, Low Kick for Chansey or Tyranitar, etc
>>
>>25039288
>110 BP (if no item) STAB
>Also turns into a flying type
>>
Mine is:
@Life Orb
Protean
Hasty nature
56 ATK
200 SATK
252 SPD

Gunk Shot
Ice Beam
Dark Pulse
Low Kick
>>
>>25039668
greninja got the shaft when Gunk Shot got released (and fairies countering it)

smogon sword when people realized how many viable sets it had
>>
>>25039756
it has king's shield, so it can get shield form with priority while dropping opponent's attack 2 stages if contact (and 150/150 offenses)

since it is slow, takes attacks on shield form and dishes them out on attack form because it goes last, combined with the above, it never takes hits on offense form

Also, god-tier typing, priority to make up for it's speed and strong to smogon peebles
>>
I know I'm gonna sound like a noob but what's gunk shot? Sludge bomb? Poison jab?
>>
>>25039989
...poison type moves.

Gunk Shot is physical with 120 BP and 85% acc.

Sludge bomb is special with 80 BP and 100 % acc.

and poison jab is physical with 80 BP and 100% acc.

They all have a 30% chance to poison the target.
>>
>>25040039
woops...Gunk Shot has 80% acc. My bad.
>>
>>25040039
sludge bomb is 90 bp
>>
>>25040090
...I'm gonna go to sleep now. Goddamn, I was off.
>>
>>25039679
For fairy types of course! Can't risk the gunk miss
>>
>>25039114
Here is mine.
U-Turn
Water Shuriken
Night Slash
Aerial Ace

Choice Band
>>
I like using Scald over Hydro Pump.
>>
>>25039668
Greninja was on the fence for a while until ORAS gave it low kick and gunk shot, Giving Greninja a theoretical answer to everything. Apparently it didn't matter that Smogon Frog needs 8 moveslots to make that happen, it was enough to make people whine more.

From all the banning and retesting threads for Aegislash, most people agreed that King's Shield's attack drop on contact was the dealbreaker. Making so that any physical mons were always at the disadvantage when fighting Spookysword.

Also people didn't want to play the mindgame's that he creates. Is he going for Swords Dance? if he gonna king's shield? Is he gonna call a bluff and shadow ball while still in blade forme? it was just a saltfest with how easily you can trick the opponent with Aegislash's mindgames.
>>
>>25039146
Underage.
>>
>>25039668
The only mon that could get Ice STAB without actually being an Ice type (that is, no SE weakness). It was great during the XY meta, but ORAS pushed it over the top since the tutors gave it other moves to beat the counters and checks it has in XY (most notably Gunk Shot and Low Kick).

>>25039646
If you treat it as 1 vs 1, then yes, Greninja is not bonkers. But that's where the rest of the team comes into play. Ice Beam and Dark Pulse are essentially the only two mandatory moves since they have such great offensive coverage, leaving the last two slots open to beat its usual enemies. Yes, it can't cover all of them even with its new moves, but a player CAN design its team so that the counters to their particular Greninja set is handled by other team members, while other walls who think they are safe can be beaten with Greninja's coverage moves.

So basically, Greninja was arguably the best cleaner there was. Excellent speed tier, STAB on everything, which coupled with Life Orb actually hit surprisingly hard despite not having fanastic offensive stats.

Either way, just play Battle Spot and VGC if you want to use it so badly. Being banned to Uber is essentially the best compliment a Pokemon can get.
>>
>>25041635
Meant no SR/Stealth Rock weakness.
>>
>>25039148
For that guaranteed mach punch death.
>>
lul. Skarmory tanks everything Narutoad can throw at it even when it isn't specced for Sp Def. I have literally never been beaten by one and almost everyone on battle spot uses one. Its fucking sad really
>>
File: screams externally.gif (929KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
screams externally.gif
929KB, 264x320px
tfw smogon are huge shits don't place torrent greninja seperate from protean because MUH COMPLEX BANS but they have this huge complicated checklist criteria for baton pass

when is poke battle or whatever the point system sim is coming back
>>
>>25039646
DAILY REMINDER
http://pastebin.com/PVdpHuFG
>>
>>25041962
Never, because it's shit
>>
Friendly reminder that Greninja was never overpowered in any form or shape, was easily countered with basic thinking and prediction, and should have never been banned.
>>
>>25042458
Ah, the infamous "just play around it xD" meme.
http://pastebin.com/PVdpHuFG <- Greninja just smacks pretty much everything in OU pretty hard.
>>
>>25039114
stop posting
>>
>>25042458
Greninja outspeeds almost the entire game, can hold an item, and has a stronger Ice Beam than:
Articuno
Vanilluxe
Aurorus
Walrein
Cryoganal
Abomasnow
etc.

In fact, it hits harder than everything thats not:
Kyurem
Glaceon
Jynx
Mega Abomasnow
And maybe shit like Mewtwo/-Y, Hoopa-U and Kyogre-P
>>
File: giphy-5.gif (2MB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
giphy-5.gif
2MB, 300x162px
>>25042281

It beats everything....IT BEATS EVERYTHING!
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.