[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tell me your favorite Pokemon game and what you actually liked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: 250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg (21KB, 250x228px) Image search: [Google]
250px-HeartGold_EN_boxart.jpg
21KB, 250x228px
Tell me your favorite Pokemon game and what you actually liked about it. Looking for some positive opinions.
>>
>>25038066
>positive opinions.

You may have come to the wrong place.

Anyway... BW2. Gen V had great Pokemon, and I really love the character and atmosphere of Unova, which BW2 only improved on. Coupled with one of the better postgames in the series, it's pretty easily my favorite.
>>
I started with Gen1 to Gen3. I stopped playing for over a decade. I decided to try and pick it up again and bought a used copy of Pearl, it sucked and I couldn't get into how slow it was. About a year and a half later I purchased Platinum and I couldn't put the game down. The played through Soul Silver and that was better than Platinum play through because I remembered loving Crystal so much. I'm on my Gen 5 play through now and just recently finished Black, I loved how all the Pokemon were new and I have some new favorites, plus, not needing HM slaves to finish and game and no zubats in crappy caves.

Currently I'm on my 2nd gym badge in White 2 and once I'm done with that onto Gen 6! So, to sum up, Platinum would have to be my fav as it brought me back to playing the franchise.
>>
File: SV.gif (393KB, 250x225px) Image search: [Google]
SV.gif
393KB, 250x225px
>>25038066
Soul Silver.

Gen 2 was favorite.
2 regions to visit
Fighting red
I liked having the pokemon follow me outside.
Team Rocket
The Pokeathon (this was the best shit, it reminded of the Pokemon Stadium mini games)
The PokeWalker (I still use this. Even at work, I keep it on my belt, nice pedometer.)
>>
File: 250px-Black_2_EN_boxart.png (118KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Black_2_EN_boxart.png
118KB, 250x229px
Pearl was an absolute snoozefest and HGSS couldn't keep my attention. Gen 5 got me back into the games again. Prefer 2 over 1 for its bigger dex and content.
>>
>>25038182
But what did Gen 5 do differently than Pearl/HGSS to keep your attention?
>>
>>25038199
Not the poster you're responding to, but in my case, I'd say it was the "freshness" of it. Entirely new Pokemon in BW, a very different region, and at least for me personally, the unlimited TM change really opened up a lot of new possibilities and made the game a lot more fun to play through.
>>
BW2, love just about everything in the games. Played through B2 and later sucked myself into getting W2 to play through with a different and on Challenge mode. The only thing bad about these games is how Challenge mode was implimented.
>>
>>25038199
New Pokémon (although I admit gen 5 was outside gen 1 the only gen where I didn't know the new Pokémon beforehand), great rivals (Bianca/Cheren) who had some character development and some places were really great (Nimbasa). And for Pokémon standards, I liked the plot.

Besides, Pearl was too slow for me and was not a fan of the many new Pokémon hidden until postgame. Also, too many legendaries.
And the original Johto games only got interesting for me when I reached Kanto. That didn't change for HGSS.
>>
HGSS. Im replaying it for the third time, and I still love it. Gen 2 is my favorite, except for maybe 5, and the only problem I have with it is the slowness. Also, walking around with your pokemon made it so you could actually feel attached to them, (it was the only game where I did,) instead of just using the top pokemon from a Smogon list.
>>
I miss the Pokewalker. I like peripherals you can catch Pokemon with, that don't have to rely on the shitty Nintendo WiFi, and made you go outside and get some air to do so.
>>
>>25038066
Soul Silver.

Brought in the phys/spec split that was needed.
Nostalgia maintained.
Re-battle gym leaders after E4 if you found them loitering.
>>
I wish Platinum would get romhacked into Gen6 or something. Sinnoh was by far my favorite region. The one thing I didn't like about it, and pokemon in general is the serial escalation of Pokemon threatening to destroy the world and adding a million legendaries every generation.
>>
File: image.jpg (33KB, 250x223px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33KB, 250x223px
Unpopular opinion. I wouldn't say Alpha Sapphire is my favorite game, but it's definitely up there. I'm saying this because of that and the fact that it's an unpopular opinion.
Reasons:
>turned a meh game into a great game
>more megas
>3D because I'm a pleb that cares about graphics
>all those new 'mons in Hoenn
>ability to catch like 70% of all legendaries
>obligatory muh waifu qtfication redesign
>updated soundtrack
>dexnav
I don't see people's issues other than,
>"muh bf"
>>
>>25038159
>>25038512
>>25040544
What about the terrible level scaling?
I can't remember, but did they end up fixing the whole thing where the majority of Johto Pokemon were in Kanto, and vice versa?

>>25038091
Pretty much this, though it's a toss-up between BW and the sequel for me.
>>
Crystal because it's relaxing to not need to worry about EVs and natures and shit.
>>
File: Pokemon Emerald01.png (15KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Emerald01.png
15KB, 240x160px
>>25038066
Probably Emerald.

>comfy ass GBA grafix that are simple enough to be charming, but complex enough that you can actually tell what everything is
>fucking lovely soundtrack
>Good selection of new mons, most of my favorites are from gen 3
>Good variety/selection of different environments
>Phoebe

It's simple, but effective. Honestly I don't see why it's one of the most hated games, it's definitely not bad.
>>
X/Y. After beating the E4 and doing the post game facility a bit I get bored and start a new game. I've played through X/Y up to ten times with different teams and it's been enjoyable every time. Having 450 pokemon to choose from pre-national dex made the replayability go through the roof for me.
>>
Generation 1 and 2.

Nostalgia.
Pokemon was popular as fuck then, not a niche like it is now.
Upload teams to pokemon stadium.

Generation 3 was ALRIGHT, but since then it's never been the same.
>>
File: giratuna.jpg (1MB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
giratuna.jpg
1MB, 1200x800px
Definitely Platinum. I really liked the selection of pokemon available, the story, Team Galactic (mainly Cyrus and Mars), the fun little bonus things like contests, ball capsules, and the unown, the region itself, and the game's music. I can elaborate on this stuff if you guys want, feel free to ask about specific topics that I mentioned and I'll elaborate.
>>
>>25038066

>Main Series
>Emerald

I liked how they intertwined both Aqua and Magma instead of having one be the main villanious team and the other one just sit on the sidelines. I also liked the gym revamps and the gym rematches, as well as the trainer rematch system. It's no Vs. Seeker but it's a hell of a lot better than GSC/HGSS rematch system.

And of course the itroduction of the Battle Frontier.

>Side Games
>Gale of Darkness

an improvement of colosseum in almost every wau and also a bit more challenging as well in some aspects.
>>
>>25041596

This. Also good location variety, good post-game/ amount of things to do outside of the main story, and MAY.
>>
>>25041515
The DexNav was such a wonderful addtion to the series. I love how much Gen 6 optimized the touch screen, even more so with the addtions in ORAS.
>>
>>25041688
so.. you only liked pokemon because it was just popular?
>>
>>25042254
Yes that's how most nostalgiafags work
>>
>>25038066

> Emerald/ORAS

Love hoenn and the region is still my favourite

> HG/SS/GSC

my favourite games and their remakes. Still love that you can visit two regions and the music is godlike

> X/Y

Super fun for me. Yeah there are some flaws, but the game itself was more fun than I had with the past two gens.
>>
>>25038066
>FRLG
I still love Gen 1 for its lore and melancholic atmosphere compared to later gens, and FRLG really improved its quality for the better. Not to mention how much of an improvement the OST got with that Ichinose treatment, along with the whole Sevii Islands extension. In fact I actually get more nostalgia for the FRLG arrangements of the Johto songs than from GSC to begin with.
>>
>>25041575
There's equivalent of EV's present in Crystal though.
>>
Platinum

Best singleplayer campaign, best Pokémon designs, best end-game, online play and physical/special split.
>>
>>25038066
pokemon dash

The gameplay ;)
>>
>>25042331
Pokemon team turbo

The quality
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 588x331px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 588x331px
>all 3 starters have dual typing
>game's story is about metaphysics
>2D/3D done right unlike BW/BW2
>great in game Pokemon selection
>contests (not that I participate but it's an option)
>pokeradar
>battle frontier
>battle island

I could go on but I'll be late for work
>>
>>25041533
>your favorite game
>everything takes place between 1-70 in the game
>exp engine is gimped so it takes 25 years to level up
>wow this scaling is so fucking good
I seriously hope gen 5 fags die painful deaths.
You guys have such shit taste. Do you just east nothing but American mayonnaise and durians?
Inb4 hurrrr le genwunner
>>
>positive thread
>people start shitting on other games
shaking my head, niggers
>>
File: Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg (316KB, 1200x986px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon-Black-and-White.jpg
316KB, 1200x986px
Gen 5 as a whole because I love that Black/White forced people to use new pokemon, I still to this day love it when people complain about no old pokemon until postgame.

Black2/White2 because
>that 300 regional dex
>that poketheater thing whatever, I still love it
>Join Avenue
>Fanservice World Tournament
>all those postgame "boss" battles
>>
>>25038066
Platinum, firstly because of Sinnoh; it feels geographically "real" and has a lot of culture to it. It's a challenging region to traverse with a lot of value and rewards for exploring. Hell, you can get Earthquake TM after the second gym if you're crafty.
The wild Pokemon selection is great as well. It's got a good mix of new and old with day/night and honey trees making Pokemon hunting feel more organic and varied.
>>
>>25041596
Emerald is the most hated?
>>
>>25041533
Calm down. If I recall, no. The leveling is still pretty shit. But the OP was just asking about positives. There's a lot of things I dislike in SS, but still my favorite game.
>>
>>25038066
Emerald
I loved battle frontier (Got almost all gold symbols), Hoenn's structure and music, and I was really active in Pokemon tournaments/Competitive and shinies' hunt in the 3rd Gen so I got most of my multiplayer's memories here.
>>
File: 1407352698349.jpg (76KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1407352698349.jpg
76KB, 600x600px
Platinum.
Sinnoh is easily my favorite region, I love the comfy winter clothes that the characters wear, and the music is incredible, especially with the day/night differences. The difficulty is pretty good for a Pokemon game and the post-game is solid, plus it's the game I played the most competitively.
Also, it has the best waifus.
>>
>>25041596
This. Tropical region was sonfucking fun to play through, battle frontier was fun. But my opinion my be a bit colored becuase gen 3 is when I transitioned from "everyone is playing Pokemon so I guess I am" to "ok let's figure out what's what and get hard core".
>>
X

I love Kalos it was a great design choice to go with a 'beautiful' french region to show off and sell the new 3D. Also I'm a europoor and it reminds me of home.

Xerneas is a great legendary. Customization and amie were glorious. Gym leaders, trainer sprites, breeding improvements. All new pokemon were amazing designs. I can't fucking wait for pokemon Z.

That's it.

I'm out.

*drops mike*
>>
>>25042007
Personally I liked the SS/HG interface where they put basically all options all the time down there.
Instead of holding down the b button to run I could just toggle it, etc.
Was hoping ORAS would bring that back along with the poketch radar and other addons, in a way I guess they kinda did but I was hoping for more
>>
>>25042369
you forgot
>most beautiful graphics

those fucking trees man

BW2 looked good too but it was so pixelated
>>
>>25041533
That is a real blight on the game. Both wild mon level scaling and distribution still suck

and the trainer mon level scaling sucks too. But they brought a lot of new charm as well
>>
>>25038142
Sorry to say and X and Y might be let downs...
>>
>>25041575
I can win champions tournaments but that battles tower...
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.