[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After 20 years, what's the one thing you wish Game Freak

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: nurse.jpg (151KB, 702x601px) Image search: [Google]
nurse.jpg
151KB, 702x601px
After 20 years, what's the one thing you wish Game Freak would just fucking change already?
>>
>>25037249
No more overhead grids. It's a relic at this point.

I'm sure the kids of today wouldn't mind a Pokemon game where an active camera is present. The only reason why Lumiose City didn't "work" was because the fuckheads should have implemented an automap in the game.
>>
>>25037249
Nothing
>>
Ice types resistances
>>
>>25037249
At least now the pokemon center lady only talks ONE text box for ask for the heal.
>>
File: 1449512332046.jpg (72KB, 259x567px) Image search: [Google]
1449512332046.jpg
72KB, 259x567px
>>25037249
your diaper
>>
File: 1385419134588.jpg (106KB, 400x338px) Image search: [Google]
1385419134588.jpg
106KB, 400x338px
>>25037249
The developers.
>>
>>25037249
IV mechanics
>>
Stop removing features from previous games
Ban Legends from competitive
Buff Gyarados
Nerf Gengar
>>
>>25037287
Severely underrated post.
>>
Give enemies a properly EV trained team.

Bosses, Breeders, and Ace Trainers should have perfect IV mons.
>>
>>25037249
challenge mode
>>
>>25037284
Learn english
>>
>>25037249
Make breeding fun
>>
>More than 10 posts in.
>No one mentioned HMs yet.
>>
>>25040681
I get why they exist but what they should do is either

>make the move replaceable but there's a flag set on that pokemon for it to use said HM

or

>extra moves repository

So for instance you could have 2 or 4 extra slots for moves aside from their standard 4 moves that you can swap around outside of battle.
>>
>>25040723
I vote for having the outside of battle effect just be intrinsic to the species that can otherwise learn it as an attack. In other words, a pidgeot can always just use 'fly' outside of battle as long as you have the appropriate badge, whether it knows it as an attack or not (or at very least make it so that they do have to learn it through the hm, the outside of battle effect stays even if it's 'forgotten' as an attack)
>>
Having trouble trying to get this idea to make sense. Basically double the pokemon move set but keep it traditional with only four moves available during battle while the other four moves are inactive until you're able to switch the moves you want for the next battle.
>>
>>25040768
Holy god, THIS
>>
>>25040827

That's basically what I outlined in this post >>25040723

I call it the extra moves repository or loadout. Loadout usually gets the point across.
>>
>>25037569
>Ban Legends from competitive
Because the Golems are definitely more overpowered than Mega Salamence.

"Box Ubers" can go though. Not gonna risk allowing Mega Fug.
>>
Pick which gyms you want to go to first and have the difficultly/levels scale along the way.
>>
come up with a different plot
>>
Join whatever flavor of the week gang they come up with.
>>
>>25037249
7 pokemon
>>
>>25040866
How would a blanket ban on anything with a BST over a certain point affect the meta?

Say, 600 (including megas)
>>
>>25040681
Make them all useful in battle and forgettable like normal moves. E.G. Cut's power is increased and it becomes a Grass/Steel type move.

Another example is Flash being Electric type and being able to hit Ground types with a chance of accuracy drop.

Finally Defog, Lowers Attack and Speed one stage each.
>>
>>25037249
The entire battle system and grid-based maps
>>
>>25041310
Mega's are practically gone, but the genies are still around :^)
>>
>>25037249
there's no reason to not let Nidorina and Nidoqueen Breed
>>
Cutscenes and pauses at everyfucking door, cave, hm use and shit.
The menus also are the same shit and it was in gameboy.

All that little shit together make the game fucking slow as hard shit.
>>
>>25042479
This, and while we're talking about that. I wouldn't mind at this point if they retconned some things in gen 1 for continuity purposes. So that means maybe making the way the nidoran line handled, adding a baby kangaskhan pokemon, things like that. Even if it breaks muh 151. I would also feel like a sucker if I bought another Gen 1 remake and that remake was too much like the originals. Normally that's not the case, but even when I was playing Leaf Green you could feel the age. Everything was laid out in a manner that is way too simplistic and is likely only that way because the gameboy has worse hardware than older pre-smartphone era cellphones. And that was fine because I wanted a straight remake then, but now we already have one, and it's incredibly easy to access the originals even through official means.
>>
Be able to start a game and say "this is not my first time playing Pokemon" and skip all the bullshit

We used to have HM moves that required badges to protect the pace of the game, so you couldn't go to Rock Tunnel immediately after finishing Mt. Moon. Now they just stick a dude at the next route that says "uh no, you can't progress yet, go do a thing." It feels so clunky and artificial.

One rival is enough rivals.
>>
>>25037249
Mario Maker but with Pokemon
>>
>>25042735
kek
>>
>>25037249
Sell this shit already to Google. Google seems to be much more interesting in making Pokemon great than Game Freak.

Masuda, Ohmori and Sugimori deserve permanent vacations from Game Freak.
>>
Remove IVs
Have difficulty modes as a mainstay feature and without the retarded key crap
>>
>>25042327
>change flash from a type that can affect ground to a type that can't affect ground
>wants it to still affect ground

you're retarded
>>
>>25037249
>stopping the big focus on friendship
>stepping it up on the writing part
>twist the formula again, not in a big way, but with shit with the champion actually being your rival (which ironically, happened in the first gen), bring actual surprises
>release more mons on even gens
>>
>>25037273
A thousand times this. It's a great offensive type but only like 4 are viable because they have so many weaknesses and no resists other than themselves, and are usually made as a defensive type.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.