[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

VGC thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 42

File: vgc_logo.jpg (19KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
vgc_logo.jpg
19KB, 300x200px
No VGC discussion? Let's get one going. This new meta is crazy! How have you adjusted to VGC16? You think Groudon and Xerneas is the new meta? Or Cybertron and friends's mons and spreads will prevail? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxGiQC2UbuU
Don't be afraid to share your teams, but don't be a faggot and use pastebin!
Interested in learning VGC? look at this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelkdNrHE18
>>
Now that the Battle Spot ladder is finally up I'm going to play it more, just need to stop being lazy and make some teams
>>
I'm putting together a team right now and I'm going to use an odd set for Smeargle. as far as spreads go, what's the optimal choice I can do for a defensive set on a sash Smeargle?
>>
>>25035238
I would do
252 HP/252 SpD/4 Spe
If you're going fully defensive
>>
>>25035238
Otherwise just full speed and HP
>>
>>25035173
How's the meta so far?
>>
>>25035977
Can be a mess sometimes but it's fun seeing the interesting anti-meta stuff people are coming up with, someone won a pretty big PC using Lapras for example, you can see it on cybertron's channel
>>
Kyogre is actually really easy to take out. Do some damage calcs and see just how many things 2HKO it, even special attacks.
>>
Any other YouTube activity from popular players besides Cybertron?
>>
File: 4L_JwTjUnhO.jpg (51KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
4L_JwTjUnhO.jpg
51KB, 500x479px
>>25035173
>"dude Groudon lmao" the metagame
I'm a scrub so I'll stay with my trick room team in Battlespot Doubles, thank you.
>>
>>25036582
tourney #1 of the meta I found my timid Kyogre to be a perfect switch in whenever they bring in Groudon. Although I feel like now that people are getting familiar with the meta, it will be much more predictable.
>>
>>25036568
Good question.
>>
>>25036568
There is the German guy that speaks weird, not sure about the others. Ogloza most likely won't upload anything because he went full jew and only uploads FEET to get more money.
>>
Anybody try Giratina O?
>>
File: 080Slowbro_RG.png (283KB, 596x431px) Image search: [Google]
080Slowbro_RG.png
283KB, 596x431px
>>25036568
https://www.youtube.com/user/CybertronProductions/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/YoshiSkillz/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/bazandersonvgc/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCtakogOXROtZgwBrU0tKMZA/videos

https://www.youtube.com/user/blazeking7/videos

Just the ones I watch. I hear Ogloza streamed some VGC 16 on Twitch, but his youtube is garbage for the mean time.
>>
>>25038097
>>25037403
Ogloza still plays vgc? I thought he was slowly giving up?
>>
Wonder if this trend of making anti-meta teams continue up to this year's Worlds since it completely backfired last year.
>>
>>25038919
People didn't plan for Kang, and it let Kang dominate.
>>
>>25038018

Here, incredible against most of the top threats, nulls Primal Groudon, Kang gets useless and can go head to head against kyogre and Ray with the right support, running it on Trick Room is the best option
>>
>>25039789
what moveset and type of spread did you run?
prefer offensive or support?
what were his weaknesses?
>>
>>25040862

Draco Meteor/Earth Power/Will o Wisp/protect

Basic modest max HP max SpA

My plan was always to throw him at late match because Draco hits extremely hard thanks to griseous orb and earth power does decent damage against aegislash and pdon

His weakness were mainly opposing dragon types , Xerneas as well but I barely saw one, ice beam kyogre is also a pain but it's easy to deal with if you can predict the opponent.

Also like I said T room is the way to go with him because of his "low" base speed, sure you can use it without t room but you won't be able to get his full potential
>>
>>25042491
What else did you run on the team? I'm guessing you ran with something fast like Xerneas to wipe threats and then transitioned to late game with TR?
I can't see a full TR team doing that well. Who was your setter?
>>
File: image.jpg (119KB, 654x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119KB, 654x523px
>>25042506

Currently with Giratina/Pdon/Kang/Cresselia/Whim/Ferrothorn

The fastest Pokemon in my team is Kang(besides prankster Whim)

Cresselia is the setter which almost always lead with Kang to get some fake out support if Kang faints(which happens 70% of time)switch out to Groudon, proceed with helping hand and whatever Groudon is using

I've been able to sweep 4 out of 7 teams under the 5 rounds of effect using that

I used to have Xerneas over Giratina but I could not make it work properly. Sure having a fast sweeper would help and improve my chances of winning but I feel a lot more comfortable with my current team
>>
>>25035173
>box legendaries
Gross
2014 was the best vgc
>>
>>25043010
let me guess, you started playing in 2014
>>
>>25043010
Spot the Korean.

Is Eruption/Water Spout a meme?
>>
Thinking of using a Greninja for the protien. The types it can change to can be useful I think during these weather wars.
>>
>>25045715
it's not even cannon enough to be a reliable glass cannon, but give it a try I guess
>>
Is dark void really as broken as everyone is saying it is?
>>
>>25046659
It is a pain in the ass, but it is not unbeatable. If you can carry 1 pokemon that can counter Smeargle, say a prankster taunt, then you are in the clear. Otherwise, it's quite problematic.
>>
So Groudons run Precipice Blade and/or Eruption, Kyogres run Water Spout or Origin Pulse. Shouldn't Wide Guard be... really good right now?
>>
What restricted legends do we have HAs for?
>>
File: best set.png (406KB, 860x480px) Image search: [Google]
best set.png
406KB, 860x480px
why do people take this guy seriously again

>>25046904
yeah, but they also carry a single-target attack, so it just introduces a lot of mind games
>>
>>25047224
who is this?
>>
>>25043010
You're right. Don't listen to tryhards.
>>
>>25047224
Fun fact: Vanilla ogre is D-rank in Ubers.
Pdon ban when?
>>
Now VGC15's over I want to know what the fifth best mega was. I assume it's pretty much agreed than Kang, Mence, Garde and CharY are top4 but who was fifth?

>>25047224
Scarf-Ogre + Ray/Cloud9 isn't exactly terrible, just very Bo1.
>>
>>25035238
Smeargle has no bulk and you're using a sash anyways. It'll get at least 2 shot by everything in the meta, even with max bulk. So with a sash smeargle, just run max speed and dump points into whatever you want
>>
>>25049504

Kang return is enough I guess
>>
>>25049504
Having 252Def lets you survive a Jolly Kang PuP iirc. So there's something to adding a bit of bulk.
That being said, on sash varients is max speed really worth it? All I see it doing is matching other Smeargle which just further adds to the inconsistency. There doesn't seem to be anything super relevant in the 130s (even 120s are a bit barren) so is max speed even neccesary?
>>
>>25049424
for my money, I'd say Gengar
>>
>>25049662
I always run it because it forces bulkier sets to either run speed investment and lessen their bulk/power or deal with smeargle shenanigans, but I really don't run smeargle much because I've found it to be really inconsistent and unfun, even when it works.
>>
>>25049504
Never underestimate what maxing defense can do for you. I've made Whimsicott survive more than it has any right to before.
>>
Hm... why not use Raichu in conjunction with a Trick roomer? Then when TR happens, switch out either manually or use Volt Switch. It would be risky to do the latter, but a sash would help your odds
>>
why do shitcunts always put 'VGC' at the end of their name on showdown like it makes them good? you're not cybertron, you're an underaged retard who doesn't even go to events. they're always bad too
>>
>>25055284
Do people really do it because they think they are good? I thought it was because their name was taken already
>>
>>25055284
Because that's what all the good players do so putting VGC at the end of their names must make them good too

Anyway I haven't really been enjoying this format, between Smeargle on every other team and all the speed ties, I don't think I'll play this year seriously. Who Anaheim regionals here?
>>
Team consists of:
Garchomp
Groudon
Hariyama
Espeon
Clefairy
Yveltal

I feel that Espeon is on the weak side. I'm only using it for potential Smeargle Dark Void countering.
>>
>>25057733
I think Xatu is better than Espeon. Mostly for the Ground Immunity but you can shove Tailwind, Twave or Trick Room on it for speed stuff as well.
>>
>>25057733
If you use Yveltel, I recomend using several Dark moves on your team. Knock Off on Hariyama is a good start. You could also use Foul Play on that Smeargle you are contemplating, as it would get Yvelt's dark boost.
>>
>>25057733
Are you planning on running Mega Garchomp? If not, get a good Mega on that team.
>>
which would be a good spread to palkia ? I'm look for something that is "fast" inside and outside TR, I've been think about a modest with maxed hp/SpA

will that do ?
>>
What is your counter to p Groudon? Another P Groudon? P Kyogre? I'm curious, because I battle many people who cant respond to him.
>>
How do you guys feel that legendaries made genies useless?
>>
>>25059188

Giratina-O to my Pdon team and Mega Fug occasionally

Water pulse ohko it and Giratina renders him useless

>>25059288

Glad Scarf Rock Slide and Chalk as a whole is dead
>>
>>25035173
It's basicallly CGALK with Groudon instead of Heatran (Heatran is dead). Cress and Kang are everywhere (TR/Skillswap support and strongest mega), Amoonguss sometimes as redirector/sporeuser and finally Landorus/Liepard for intimidate/fake out/taunt. Don't forget to spare your primal for endgame, otherwise you'll lose the weather wars!
>>
>>25059351
Desolate land tho
People often seem to be unable to respond to it unless they have liepard or other pdon on their team
>>
Hey guys, Aron "Cybertron" Zhang here. And today, we're...
>>
>>25059152
The thing about almost all restricted legends is they have base speeds between 90-110, so everything is mid tier
>>
>>25059370
Is Lando really that common though? I hardly see it going into later rounds of even Showdown tournaments. I don't think Liepard is the best choice either since it's easier to play around than Smeargle.

You reminded me Amoonguss exists and now I'm considering using one to catch special PDon Earth Power, but then I could use any Sash redirector. I guess it works better in TR though.
>>
>>25058160
Tje Garchomp is indeed mega. It's got Dragon claw, Earth power, poison jab and protect.
>>
>>25061006
Why? Poison Jab gets ~75% on Xerneas best scenario, It needs +nature to get the OHKO on 4/0 PDon and Dragon Claw can't even OHKO Mega Mence, especially not after Intimidate. I also question the use of Hariyama in a format with Xerneas, Mega Mence/Ray and Talonflame running rampant. In fact your team seems pretty weak to Xerneas with no real answers.
>>
so I caught me a ho-oh with adamant 17/31/31/31/31/31.

what do.
>>
>>25061534
>not injecting
>>
>>25061544
lawful scrub here. what's that?
>>
>>25061568
>he didn't get CFW on his 3DS in time
>>
KyogreStreamsUK on twitch
Wakefield (North england) regional.
I think they're doing senior's final then masters top8
>>
File: image.jpg (74KB, 688x374px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74KB, 688x374px
enigma berry nullifies damage and restore my hp or I get damage and only get my hp restored afterwards ?
>>
>>25046856
But it quite often runs scarf beside a quick guard Pokemon like Crobat or Talonflame, so that doesn't always work
>>
Alright so I'm trying to come up with a way to use Mega Houndoom. My idea so far is a Pdon/Yveltal/Houndoom core. Houndoom should theoretically be good next to either of those thanks to sun/dark aura. Probably going to add Crobat for support. Any other suggestions?
>>
>>25062100
Something to stop Xerneas, otherwise it will walk through your team.
>>
>>25062113
yeah that will probably Ferrothorn or possibly Mawile for a double mega option
>>
File: image.jpg (17KB, 284x245px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
17KB, 284x245px
Pdon is overrated as hell, any Pokemon with earth power can ohko it, shit even water pulse ohko it
>>
>>25061534
You'll want those 31 HP IVs on Ho-Oh.

captcha: augment clonHo
>>
>>25062025
If they're using an inconsistent strat like that, just go for the KOs. Use spread moves, lum berry, safeguard, feint, tailwind, etc.
Even if they get the double sleep, they need to waste a turn to reposition.
>>
Am I a terrible person if I decide to edit my 'mon's IVs?

what's the safest way to do it?
>>
>>25061972
Ray-Ogre wins
Double Primal TailRoom in second
>>
>>25062937
Do you happen to recall their full teams?
>>
>>25062846
No. You aren't a terrible person. I bred legitimately in the beginning, but after a few boxes, it gets tiresome. The safest way is to use CFW + save_manager + PKHeX
>>
>>25062972
Jamie Boyt:
M-Ray (Dragon A, ESpeed, OverHeat, Protetc; LO),
P-Ogre (Spout, Scald, IceB, Protect) Modest,
Scizor (SD, Bullet, BugBite, Protetc; Lum?),
Gengar (SludgeB, IcyWind, SkillSwap, Taunt; Sash),
Togetic (Tailwind, Follow Me, After You, Magic Coat?; Eviolite)
Raichu (Volt Tackle, Fake Out Feint, ?; Zap Plate/Magnet also has Static, he figured the threat of LightningRod was enough)

Alex Gomez (PokeAlex)
P-Groudon (PBlades, Fire Punch, SD, Protect) I beleive it's Adamant 0 Speed IV
P-Kyogre (Ice Beam, protect, I thiknk Spout +Scald) Also Modest with 0iv speed
Talon (BraveBird, Tailwind ?,?; LO)
Bronzong (Gyro, TR, SkillSwap, Gravity; Lum)
Smeargle (Dark Void, Crafty Shield, Spiky Shield, ?; item? assume Sash)
M-Mawile (Play Rough, Iron Head, Sucker, Protect)
>>
>>25063008
What about PCHex(++)?
Has it improved any?

It corrupted my save once.
But, you know, save backups are nice.
>>
>>25063072

King Fug still has its ways on doubles apparently, 1st on Brooklyn and now in UK
>>
>>25063072
Was that Bronzong Heatproof or Levitate? The combination of Skill Swap and Gravity suggests either.

Gonna guess the Raichu ran Nuzzle/T. Wave for its 4th and I'd be surprised if Smeargle's 4th wasn't one of Fake Out / Feint / Follow Me.

Interested in that Eviolite Togetic though. I want to say it's a TR tech for After You.
>>
>>25063335
Sorry, Bronzong was Levitate
And you're right on the TR Tech Togetic.
>>
>>25062005
the latter. healing part of the damage you take isn't as constructive as minimizing the hit.
>>25062194
>Water Pulse
Desolate Land makes all water attacks do no damage. You'll need to get Air Lock/Cloud 9, Delta Stream, or Primordial Sea up, or get rid of Desolate Land first in order to hit him with water.
>>25062846
No. In this day and age Pokemon isn't about getting the best IVs and EVs- that's standard and expected out of each and every player. Breeding has become so easy and with the perfect 3's from legends, you have no excuse to have something at least usable. Plus really since everyone hacks their own pokemon to get perfect 6's, it's just become the norm. Hell even official Pokemon judges don't care about hacking as long as everything that was hacked is either possible in game or harmless (see Ray "Dream Ball" Rizzo).
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 250x213px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 250x213px
TAKE ME BACK TO VGC 2014
WHERE THERE'S NO WEATHER NOR KILLS BY RNG

Now seriously which ubers/mega are you people using ?
>>
Me and a friend the other day were discussing an idea for using Bronzing in TR. He had an idea that heatproof might actually be a smarter call. See, people will expect the levitate to prevent ground moves. If you see a Bronzong, which are you going to guess- he'll have the ground immunity, or the fire/ice resistance?
Now that's where the beauty of it comes into play- Groudon, undeniably one of, if not the most popular pokemon in the meta- has both Ground and Fire attacks. Now, unless you anticipate it going for the Precipice Blades on your partner and hitting your Bronzeong by accident in the process, it is safe to assume any trainer would consider Bronzong to be carrying levitate. Therefor, they would most likely attack with the fire type attack, such as Overheat or Eruption. See, check this out:
>0 SpA Primal Groudon Eruption (150 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong in Harsh Sun: 174-206 (100 - 118.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That's max SpD Bronzong against a 0 investment Groudon. Against the same Groudon,
>0 SpA Primal Groudon Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 96-114 (55.1 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>0 Atk Primal Groudon Precipice Blades vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bronzong: 150-176 (86.2 - 101.1%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
So Bronzong would have a much greater chance of surviving the ground attacks, assuming he didn't have levitate.
Now let's see what he looks like with Heatproof:
>252+ SpA Primal Groudon Overheat vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatproof Bronzong in Harsh Sun: 134-162 (77 - 93.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Not even a full specially invested Overheat in the sun can take him out in one hit, and the Eruption isn't any better.
to be continued.
>>
>>25063644
Why not just run Cress?
Bronzong's partner likely doesn't want to take at least one of P Blades or a full health Eruption to begin with so either they put the pressure on PDon or they protect leaving PDon's partner free to do what it wants. Talonflame + Bronzong could work, but that seems too specific a lead and you potentially give up one of your 2 restricted or mega.
>>
Now let's optimize our Bronzong's EVs, bringing his SpD EVs down to 164 so we can give him 252hp/92def/164spD, this will give him enough special bulk to out survive a neutral Groudon at at most 76at EV's Precipice Blade.
>>25064018
A very good point. Bronzong is outclassed by Cress in bulk and popular type advantage. What Cress doesn't have, however, is Imprison. Imprison is the perfect Trick Room counter. As long as the user stays on the file, nobody- not even a switch in- can use the moves the user knows. Imprison/TR/Protect can cut stalling down tremendously. And, if knowing the meta right, means I can EV the other mons on my team to outspeed others quite easily.
My mate originally put the idea out on the table with a Dusclops, attempting to protect a Rayquaza and putting Ice Beam with Imprison on Clops.
I've also even considered a backup idea to put Imprison on a Smeargle and give him some big moves That Groudon, Cress, Xerneas, and others may learn. But that one's on the backburner for now.
>>
Is there an optimized Geo Xerneas spread?
>>
>>25064558
What's wrong with 252 SpA / 252 Spe?
>>
>>25064573
There might be something important it survives with a bit extra bulk
>>
>>25064618
It doesn't take much investment to take a LO Jolly 252 Dragon Ascent.

Actually, the one I pulled from Showdown was 44 HP / 20 Def, this leaves you with 192 SpA though.
>>
>>25064558
I'm pretty sure >>25064573 with 4 in HP is standard.
>>
>>25063627
I've been using Yveltal on pretty much everything so my second one is usually Groudon or Ho-Oh
>>
I'm thinking about getting back into pokemon (haven't played since gen 1), how many games would I need to own to do online battles competitively? Is it possible to with just the newest game release?
>>
>>25065294
It is possible to go with just either of OR/AS, for mons only available in X/Y you'd just have to ask someone/inject them into your save yourself.
>>
File: image.jpg (96KB, 932x339px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 932x339px
Help me up /vp/

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
Level: 50
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Rock Slide
- Protect

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Cresselia @ Mental Herb
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Ice Beam
- Trick Room
- Helping Hand
- Skill Swap

Kangaskhan-Mega @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Return
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 204 Atk / 52 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Protect

The idea is simple, damage all I can with Kang, set TR with Cress and sweep all I can in 5 turns, I'm not sure about Giratina but he brings a lot to the team such as tanking Groudon, Kang and defeating dragon types

I'm also looking for a last member, I used Mega Salamence at first but he is not bulky enough especially on SpD side, I'm looking for either a mega to fit in or something fast(and that can take a few hits) in case TR does not work

Any ideas ?

>>25065294

Sure is, unless you want all legendaries available, if that's what you want you need both Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
>>
>>25065358
>>25065306
Thanks, I was planning on waiting to see if Pokemon Z is real and coming out within the next year and planned on buying that and omega ruby, hoping that it gives me a good pool of pokemon and being able to trade for other things I need.
>>
>>25065507
Even if Z comes out this year, the whole VGC format will continue to use ORAS until the next year, so you're safe in buying OR.
>>
File: 1396066751025.png (26KB, 123x196px) Image search: [Google]
1396066751025.png
26KB, 123x196px
>>25065358
my advice?
use pastebin, faggot
>>
>>25065358
You should still use Salamence anyway because it's really good. Also, some sets could be better, like Kanga and PDon. Special PDon is really damn good, and even better than the physical one just because it can't get intimidated and your strongest STAB (Earth Power and Eruption) options can't miss, not to mention you can OHKO the majority of PDons with EP. For Kanga, Double-Edge is the better option, as well as Low Kick, because you want to worn out as many things as possible from the get-go, and in this meta most of the Pokemon are absurdly heavy, so your Low Kicks will most likely be at full power.
>>
>>25065569

Thanks I'm going to try that

>>25065530

sorry
>>
>>25065569
>Salamence
>Good
Enjoy getting OHKO by Kyogre, Palkia, and Fug.
>>
>>25065904
Mega Salamence outspeeds them all and threatens Palkia and Fug with DM. It can chunk Kyogre with even an uninvested Double Edge.
If those aren't on the field it can Hyper Voice. I don't even use Mega Mence, but I can identify its merits.
>>
>>25064788
I think having just 20def 0hp gives you a 15/16 chance of living it, the 44hp seems excessive for that small additional chance.
>>
>>25066362
You're right.
I still think I'll stick to a 252 spread, but that seems much more reasonable.
>>
File: 2016-01-24 13.16.44.png (152KB, 1049x300px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-24 13.16.44.png
152KB, 1049x300px
Idea for a team.
Sash smeargle w spiky shield, transform, dv, fake out,
special Grou
Mixed Greninja
Thoughts?
Also what is the most prominent form of M Kang these days?
>>
So have you guys been playing much battlespot these days?
>>
>>25069608
Yeah although the battles were far more fun when my points were on the lower end of things.
>>
>>25069664
Why's that? Easier, or more variety?
>>
>>25069677
Variety. Saw some cool strategies.
>>
>>25069596
Most people run Jolly max speed Kangaskhan with DE and LK. Also, Greninja isn't that great in this format.
>>
>>25069695
That's cool. What points are you at? Is it all just Groudon, Cress, Xerneas, and Lando?
>>
>>25069725
I was planning to use Greninja as conjunction with M Grou. Rock Slide can pick up an OHKO on most Ho Ohs, which I hear are becoming a thing, and Grass Knot can get the 2hko on Kyogres.
>>
I was running a pretty standard TailRoom starring PDon, Xern and Mega Mom with emphasis on PDon.
I would bring in Aegislash every now and then, however with the rise of Earth Power users and Cresselia not being a big threat I feel it's obsolete. Any suggestions? I feel Amoonguss can help for when opposing PDon are physical, but not sure if there are better options.

>>25069739
>Lando
The remove genies mentality is strong.
>>
File: tumblr_ntid8t20Sh1rs03nao1_500.jpg (59KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ntid8t20Sh1rs03nao1_500.jpg
59KB, 422x750px
>>25069781
I feel like Cress will be just as prominant. Many less darkies going around to knock off Cress.
>>
>>25069797
Yeah but after the TR, Skill Swap, HH/Gravity sequence it doesn't do too much. Xern and Mega Mom can do more than enough to it and PDon too if I want to Skill Swap its Levitate off.
>>
If been using a Weakness Policy on my Yveltal. +2 Oblivion Wings are dope. With Tailwind/Thunderwave for speed control, and Dark Aura boosting my parter Mega Mawile/Liepard it seems to be working out for the most part.

But I bet any good player would thrash me. Im still newish.
>>
>>25069804
You can have them all on a team. The beauty of Cress is its a defensive titan that doesn't take a legend or mega slot. Pokémon like Palkia that can TR and attack well take up one of said slots, and for a mon that is primarily a supporter you don't want to take up your bigger powerhouse slots
>>
>>25069823
Sorry, I probably didn't word my sentence efficiently. I want to replace Wide Guard Aegislash because of the rise of Earth Power and Cresselia not being a priority to counter. Gyro Ball is cool, but I can still hit Xern with my other physical attackers. I'm considering Amoonguss because it can redirect Earth Power or it can spore EQ/PBlade users. It also actually benefits from (opposing) TR vs. Aegislash which experiences much more gray tradeoffs.

>>25069818
Well you can treat the upcoming IC as the proving grounds for your team.
>>
>>25069835
That's true. Nobody wants to give tr to an Amoongus. You could also consider Gengar as he is immune to ground
>>
Does showdown work on the phone?
>>
>>25069964
Yes, at least on my iPhone 4. UI changes to your screen size though.
>>
What can Lugia do?
>>
>>25070027
Pray for Multiscale.
>>
Are all Ho-ohs physical? What about Ylveltal?
>>
who /complete garbage at this meta/ here

I'm struggling to keep 1:1 w/l on showdown
>>
What's a good set for a special Groudon? I have fire move, ep, and protect, what should the 4th move be? Or would a mixed set with precipice blades be better?
>>
>>25070281
Eruption + single target fire move
>>
Never used the artist before. Advice?
Considered Helping Hand, possibly over transform. Also considering Super Fang over Fake Out.
>>
File: 2016-01-24 16.05.30.png (181KB, 1064x806px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-24 16.05.30.png
181KB, 1064x806px
>>25070531
Forgot pic
>>
>>25070227
Is it your skills, or your team? Don't be afraid to answer honestly here.
Both are easy to improve, but you must first know where to improve.
>>
>>25070559
I was pretty good last year, just not doing the best in this format yet. I'll learn
>>
>>25070619
Ah I gotcha. Well it's understandable that this season is hard to get the hang of. I myself am also transitioning weirdly. Just keep trying teams, you'll find something that works.
I for example have been investing time and research in P Kyogre, as he may very well be the perfect counter to P Groudon. I just have to organize things right.
>>
>>25070094
Yeah, Ho-Oh tends to go physical because Sacred Fire + Brave Bird are way too good to pass. Yveltal on the other hand is quite hard to know because it can go either way and still do great, although I kinda prefer the physical set with Knock Off because it can OHKO most Cresselia.
>>
File: image.jpg (355KB, 1500x997px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
355KB, 1500x997px
>>25070227

4-7 here

I can barely bypass Pogre even though I have 2 Pokemons to deal with him

Also every mega besides Kang is terrible at this point, Mence is now a glass cannon
>>
>>25071454
Don't fear! PKyogre can still get 2 shot by a timid Thundy tbolt and the like.
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 640x864px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 640x864px
Is this Palkia set good enough ?

Allows me to OHKO 0HP/0SpD PDon and 2HKO Pogre with Spacial Rend also getting not much damage from both of them even with maxed SpA(most used moves get 25% or less while ice beam 45%), I was planning to put some IVs on Spe but it's does not help a lot if I see Fug or M Mence on the opposing side I need TR to defeat them

Main weakness as for any Dragon, Xerneas who OHKO me with a moonblast without any boost

Also can someone tell me if a maxed speed jolly mega Kang can outspeed max speed scarf smeargle ?
>>
>>25072563
>Also can someone tell me if a maxed speed jolly mega Kang can outspeed max speed scarf smeargle?
Not even close, Kang has 167 and Smeargle has 209.
>>
>>25072563
You need a mon with base 140 speed or more and a positive nature
>>
I recently moved from Germany to Argentina.
How can I change my GL and Play Pokemon settings to my current country without having to erase everything? I can't change my console settings either.
>>
>>25073238
No experience with this, but I'd say talk to TPCi. Doubt they have an automated process for this.
>>
File: image.jpg (42KB, 550x309px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
42KB, 550x309px
>tfw getting predicted left and right
>4 games losing streak
>gets wrong Pokemon to start the match
>completely outplayed
>negative speed Groudon
>>
http://nuggetbridge.com/blogs/entry/1232-teams-results-from-uk-regs-wakefield-24012016/

Togetic, Bronzong, Scizor and Raichu are cool to see but it's clear that the primals and Xerneas are too good not to use. Every team is basically those + standard mega(s) and 2 or 3 dedicated supporters for them
>>
What are good teammates for Kyogre?
It's my favorite Pokemon, I want to build a team around it.
>>
So why is the primals + Xerneas so good?
>>
>>25074907
Geomancy for Xern

You don't waste a mega slot for Primals, and they're just strong anyway
>>
>>25074866

Mega Ray, Crobat, Raichu + anything that likes rain

If you don't want mega Ray try Giratina-O, checks Kangas and Groudon
>>
I fiddled around a bit when VCG16 dropped (I quit for 15 because it was stale and I didn't want bother going to Kansas), when you say Xern/PDon is top, are we talking 80%+ of teams? What else is doing good? What's the sekrit meta?
>>
>>25069818
Adding to this. I battled Cybertron on the Special ladder last night. He ended up winning after I lost momentum with my Yveltal and Ferrothorn against his Palkia and Amoongus. Lost 2-0 against him. My battle wasnt on Road to Ranked though.
>>
>>25075352

Even though Xer/Don is great I barely see them together, Groudon eliminate steel types with no bothering making Xerneas hard to defeat.

Other good uber duos is RayOgre, and that's that I guess, nobody is really trying hard on team building, Giratina-O goes well with everything thanks to walling Kang and PDon, Palkia is good against primals as well

Now I'm looking for a good uber partner to Xerneas that is not Kyogre or Groudon
>>
>>25074853
The trend of underspeeding Smeargle scares me; such a versatile mon. I really wish Swiss was bo3.
If it continues doing well I might have to run it myself.
>>
File: VGC.jpg (57KB, 461x261px) Image search: [Google]
VGC.jpg
57KB, 461x261px
You HAVE registered, haven't you?
>>
>>25077719

Going to lose to everyone but yeah I did
>>
>>25077719
For what?
>>
>>25077719
Too lazy. I'd rather play on the Special ladder and not take it too seriously.
>>
>>25077719
>Reshiram exists
Holy shit, I don't think I've seen a single one in this meta
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 798x447px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 798x447px
People still play the VG competitively?
>>
>>25078834
only tcg players call it "VG"
>>
>>25078848
People still play the TCG competitively?
>>
>>25079919
No
>>
>>25035173
God people copying cybertron's teams are so fucking annoying

Mixed Groudon = best Groudon anyway
>>
>>25037403
>>25038525
Ogloza said he's get F4F to 300, but then changed his mind and gave it only to his Patreons. Also stopped doing Stempe Fridays
Disappointed as fuck since he was so much more entertaining than Cybertron and desu I think he was a better player too
>>
>>25081324
Cybetron's a little overrated but he is definitely better than Ogloza. Apart from winning a national he's done almost nothing, and from watching his vids he lacks some simple knowledge that top players shouldn't
>>
>>25081348
He's been out of the game for a while and it shows, but he's got stronger predictions imo, much better at thinking ahead several turns without being overcautious like cybertron. Results of course are in cybertron's favour though, i'll concede that
could be due to personality differences though
>>
Basically hacking a Pokemon in is easy as fuck but are people who play competitively do it? I don't want to do it because it wouldn't be fun at all Just got back on the Series with AS. Any recommendation for Pokemon to play competitively?

Blazekin / Latias / Kyogre is basically my team but then again not a competitive fag as of now.

On HG i had Typhlosion Lapras Snorlax Dragonite Pikachu and someone else

Other Decent Pokemon that i have on AS Breelom Gyarados Salamance and obviosly Rayquaza

Will catch Deoxys after beating E4 again

So what Pokemon Should i get to play competitively? Also i picked totodile somehow i will end up transfering my other pokemon from B/B2/HG and i will get X/Y aswell what game should i get X or Y?
>>
>>25082833
You're in a VGC thread so you should probably familiarize yourself with this year's format. You can start out with the links in the OP.
>>
So, I need a way to stop and KO Primal Kyogre. Any ideas?
>>
File: heavy ball.png (1MB, 1080x1216px) Image search: [Google]
heavy ball.png
1MB, 1080x1216px
:)
>>
>>25077719
Fuck
>>
>>25084474
nice
>>
How's Wolfe doing? I hear he's still up top in CP for here in Va
>>
>>25084474
I don't get it. Why's the heavy ball important?
>>
Now that I think about it, would Latios be use able this meta since it has Levitate and resists fire.
>>
>>25085053
pdon still runs through it easily without the soul dew
>>
>he is not using Me First mewtwo

He counters even God, if successful he can survive eruption/water spout and proceed to kill em on turn 2
>>
>>25037403
Baz?
>>
>>25084923
Are you literally retarded? Heavy Ball is illegal on Any Pokémon past Gen 4.
>>
>>25085436
Not competitive fag why is it illegal?
>>
>>25085714
it's a HGSS exclusive pokeball
>>
Do competitive fags hack their pokemon in?
>>
What game should i get? X or Y i'm playing AS
>>
>>25086064
Yes, it's not even a "come on kid, everyone's doing it!" thing, but everyone is doing it.
>>
>>25086184
X most likely for Xerneas. Start with Fenniken to get Zapdos.
>>
Is now a good time to get into VGC?
>>
>>25086336
Really? It's really easy to do it but i mean if i do it the novelty will wear off, is this how everybody plays? What is the point then? Is the Metagame just Perfect IVs and you only win based on strategy?
>>
>>25086356
Well never forget how heavy RNG plays a role in pokemon, but yes. It's for the best imo, since you can calculate things much more accurately assuming IVs are maxed and whatnot. Doesn't it sound better that way?
>>
>>25086367
It does so should i just literally hack my Pokemon in? Of course RNG plays a big role
>>
>>25081320
Cybertron didn't invent special Groudon, also, have fun missing your Precipice Blades in a very important turn.
>>
>>25086379
You don't have to, but genning your Pokemon (AND making sure they're completely legal so you don't get banned/disqualified) just saves a lot of time than soft-resetting or biking until the egg hatches.
>>
>>25086348
As good a time as any. The rules change every year, so it's all up to the year. As far as how big the meta popularity is, unless you live in the NYC or LA region, your PC turnouts will be modest and the regionals will be pretty popular. I'd say try it out.
>>
>>25086379
Personally
>>
>>25086379
>>25086436
*personally, I breed everything breedable with perfect 5s, but legends I gen.
>>
>>25086411
>>25086478
Genning is basically hacking a legit perfect pokemon right? Any pastebin or guide to follow?
>>
File: 1453860377430.webm (521KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1453860377430.webm
521KB, 1280x720px
Why is skill swap amazing holy shit
>>
>>25086704
>>25080391
Check out this thread. I'm afraid the injection general isn't up atm.
>>
>>25084474
are those cybertron's pokémon?
>>
>>25088209
No, they're his opponents.
>>
>>25085391
I'm interested. Who do you use him with?
>>
>>25085391
>He counters even God
I see how it can be useful against Groudon since every move he commonly runs does a lot of damage to it, but against everything else you'd probably be better just using Psystrike, not to mention that if you predict poorly you basically give your foe a free turn
>>
>>25088225

Xerneas(the usual geomancy set)
Crobat
Mega Mence
Amoonguss
Scizor

Team has some flaws that I'm working on but I'll try to build something definitive soon

>>25088380

That's why I'm trying to use it only when I definitely know that the opponent will attack, if you can't predict then yes psystrike is a safe choice
>>
What if i just edit my pokemon instead of hacking them? Will it screw up something?
>>
What do you guys do to stop Talonflame Quick Guard and scarf Smeargle Dark Void leads?
>>
Why the hell is Crobat so popular nowadays? I see the damn thing everywhere.

>>25094734
Taunt. Fucking kill is because Talonflame is paper.

Prankster Taunt/Quick Guard/Safeguard/Outspeed because Scarf Smeargle is not that fast, it just appears to be because base 90 is the new speed standard.
>>
File: 1444790028613.jpg (34KB, 403x303px) Image search: [Google]
1444790028613.jpg
34KB, 403x303px
>Nearly 10 days up
>Just about 200 replies
Where else do you guys talk about VGC? I cannot believe this is the only half-decent place in the world. This slowness is inhuman.
>>
>>25091197
Am I missing something because I'm doing the calcs right now and they're not that impressive. In fact Mewtwo is just not that great. Is it just to let Mewtwo get spread moves?
>>
>>25094760
It's very fast and relatively bulky, can run quite a lot of support moves like Quick Guard, Super Fang (really damn good for those bulky Pokemon), Tailwind, Whirlwind, Taunt, Haze and heck, even Swagger if you really want it and don't have room for Pranksters.

>>25094793
niggerbridge
>>
>>25094760
>>25097920
Also, can't get Fake Out'd, which can help against Kangaskhan + Xerneas lead and other variations of Fake Out + setup/support move.
>>
>>25094793
Nuggetbridge, and local friends. Mostly the latter. Honestly, I don't know anything about the people who reply to me if they don't have a big name, so with the friends I make, I can at least understand thier capabilities.
>>
>>25094793
twitter
>>
File: 134177632645.gif (113KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
134177632645.gif
113KB, 500x369px
So there really isn't anyway to make a move change without not being able to participate in the IC anymore is there?

I was only five games in before I finally wanted to use it so I wouldn't even mind resetting my ladder or starting 0-5. I just wanted decent practice.
>>
>>25104723
That is to say, I didn't use the mon with the wrong move until the 5th game where I first noticed the error. I ended up getting disconnected anyway.
>>
>>25104723
>>25104732
you're screwed
>>
>>25086064
I breed if I can, but soft resetting is a bitch

Of course, I am breeding with a "legit" 6IV Ditto, so it takes no time at all, really
>>
File: image.jpg (44KB, 417x318px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44KB, 417x318px
how's the IC so far /vp/? I'm afraid of joining in but I eventually will later, Groudon Xerneas much ?
>>
>>25086064

Legendaries probably
Common Pokemon I don't think so unless you are lazy as hell
>>
Do you think the new Lance's Dragonite might be useful with Barrier?
>>
>>25105584
Might have been if it had Multiscale
>>
>>25086064
Only sometimes. Autism prevents me from injecting something I could breed myself with reasonable ease, but for legendaries, fuck that.
>>
>>25105592
Might be okay to use in doubles. You wouldn't have to worry about Fake-out, though of course there's always better mons for the job.
>>
>>25105251
I think registration is over but you could check, personally I'm gonna start playing soon. you can play 15 games per day for the next three days, I'm willing to gen anything someone might need for the IC if you're actually competing in it, otherwise please don't ask
>>
>>25105251
I'm 2-1 so far. Last game some nip used a Belly Drum Self-Destruct Snorlax that OHKO'd my Ferrothorn.
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 750x366px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 750x366px
>4-3
>people are not using ubers at all or using the Same Xerneas/PDon Team

I'm dying inside
>>
I got 4-0'd by a Smeargle PuP Kangaskhan team last night.
How do you guys deal with that when the threat of Smeargle Xerneas is also present?
>>
Dunno if this is the best place to post, but would anyone have a spare Harvest Trevenant? Stats don't particularly matter (I have a 6 IV ditto)
>>
>>25106449
This isn't the right place to ask.
>>
I managed to catch a Naughty Rayquaza with perfect Attack, Speed, and Defense on my first try. Did I do gud?
>>
I'm about to lock in this team for the IC, can someone give it a quick go-over to make sure I didn't forget anything stupid?

http://pastebin.com/jzQbeNrK

I really want to stick skill swap somewhere but I have no clue where.
>>
File: image.jpg (84KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
84KB, 539x960px
>>25106437

I usually cry and hope for a Spiky Shield
If everything goes right I win

>>25107492

Remove precipice blades and put stone edge/rockslide
>>
>>25107532
But then I can't faceroll with gravity + TR + HH.
>>
>>25107539

I think TR/HH is enough, that's what I'm currently using as well, it will take a lot of time for you to set all those 3 moves, helping hand + whatever you use is already good enough
>>
>>25107603
I guess. In that case I might as well make my groudon a total special attacker and give it ancientpower or something instead.
>>
File: falcon.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
falcon.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>25107532
14-0
might aswell
>pic related
>>
>>25107713
He's actually lost 14
>>
PLEASE SEND HELP is it ok if i just edit my pokemon instead of Genning them? I didn't know that everybody just hacked their pokemon in
>>
>>25107727
yes, I do it all the time

just be smart and don't edit anything stupid and you'll be fine
>>
>>25107733
>l be fine
Like switching to heavy ball and 1000's of Evs thanks will play it safe unless i will use it offline only.
>>
went 9/6 on my first day

things aren't looking good. I only have that many wins cuz there are a ton of bad teams, some even without restricted legendaries.

I lost to a fucking mega-Sharpedo ffs
>>
Where can i find the banned pokemons for
Battlespot
Rated
Doubles

I'm using legit pokemon but i get
>You are unable to participate because fuck you and you have a bad pkm
>>
>>25107839
pentagon and no ubers

same ruleset as vgc15 if it helps you look it up
>>
>>25107839
>>25107848
oh and item clause
>>
File: salamence.png (16KB, 349x270px) Image search: [Google]
salamence.png
16KB, 349x270px
Used salamence since gold and now injected it days ago but i have no idea what i am doing
Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Hyper Voice
Protect

Special Obviously and Modest nature
>>
File: image.jpg (115KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
115KB, 600x400px
>everyone leading Xerneas x Smeargle
>goes Cress Kang
>Switches Kang for ferro
>sets room while opponent geomancy spiky shield
>OHKO Xerneas w/ gyro ball
>everyone quitting on the spot

I feel like God at the moment

>>25107713

He lost 14
>>
>tfw Ogloza posts new F4F video
>its a "look what you're missing by not giving me money for formerly free content" episode
>>
>>25108035
Can we blow up Patreon HQ yet?
>>
>>25108035
I never watched those, does he actually try to get 1st place or is it just a catchy name?
>>
>>25108054
He actually gets pretty high sometimes, like 1900s
>>
>>25108053
It's just a front for international Jewery at this point
>>
>>25108035
I'm wiling to be a patreon and leak all his videos if anyone is interested, because fuck paywalls.
>>
can someone here please give me a build for Gardevoir? in Smogon there are a lot and I don't know which one should I choose, thank you
>>
>>25108258
Gardevoir is just a bad Xerneas in VGC16. There is no reason to use it.
>>
>>25108258
None, and smogon shouldn't really be your go-to for vgc anyway
>>
>>25108269
then which webpage should I check?
>>25108266
ok thank you, I simply have a gardevoir with 5ivs so i was thinking of developing it
>>
sheer cold kyogre can fuck right off
>>
>>25108236
go for it, i'm sure heaps of his subs would be interested after he kinda boned them
he'll probably pull the series or some shit if he can't make money from it though, not that it matters since he only shows it to the few people who pay him anyway
>>
went 20-3 with this team on battlespot today, ended at 1705.

http://pastebin.com/q1JT7Psy

Yeah it's incredibly standard, sash never activated on amoonguss. Mental herb might be good and I would invest a bit more physical bulk next time since it doesn't live an adamant kangaskhan double edge. Double edge can be very good on salamence. pblades can be great on groudon, physical groudon in general can be good. You would usually play this team with smeargle instead of amoonguss but I hate relying on DV rng and amoonguss is so strong against TR, no tr teams this year prepare for it because the go-to fire type is groudon no goggles heatran. However, smeargle is extremely strong and with moves like fake out + follow me or even wide guard, tailwind or craft shield you can often make higher percentage plays than just spamming DV like a mongoloid.
>>
>>25108330
fuck off tim
>>
>>25108377
you fuck off and die scrub :)
>>
>>25108421
go back to complaining about how everything is the jews' fault :)
>>
>>25108432
>I hang out in the vgc chat room on pokemon showdown
lol
>>
>>25108498
You've been in there longer than I have :)
>>
pls answer >>25108275
>>
File: 1371069110784.png (69KB, 250x224px) Image search: [Google]
1371069110784.png
69KB, 250x224px
>>25107603
>>25107532
thanks man, I replaced gravity with skill swap and pblades with stone edge and they've been fantastic so far

7-0
>>
>>25108275
nuggetbridge team reports
>>
>>25108330
>http://pastebin.com/q1JT7Psy
Thanks for posting no bs actually thanks where can i find other teams like this? Like detailed and everything i would like to read all about the current meta
>>
>>25108581
on nuggetbridge.com, there is a blog section where players post teams. its right on the main page when you load nuggetbridge.com
>>
>>25108626
thanks
>>
File: 8kek.jpg (3MB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
8kek.jpg
3MB, 7680x4320px
>The communication with the other player was interrumpted
>>
File: Capture2.png (22KB, 638x136px) Image search: [Google]
Capture2.png
22KB, 638x136px
this nigga is my MVP
>>
>>25108796
How often have you been able to effectively use seeds? I haven't found them too useful and having been searching for a replacement.
>>
>>25109066
I don't use them very often, but they're very useful in stally games or in situations where neither ferrothorn or its opponent can damage each other very effectively, like against a dialga or cresselia or something. That and they help stop ferro from getting worn down as quickly.

If you want to replace it, thunder wave, knock off, gravity, or explosion seem like decent options. Thunder wave and gyro ball don't mix together very well though.
>>
>>25108796

I'm currently 8-5 thanks to him, god bless this bastard

it just kills me that I have a leftover on it instead of a lum
>>
File: image.jpg (50KB, 503x518px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 503x518px
>>25108567

Congrats anon

I'm glad I could help
>>
>>25108796
what does the spread do
>>
just had two really good games on my second day's quota. I know nobody cares but you can't stop me from posting the replays: L72W-WWWW-WW3F-KJ7M and C29G-WWWW-WW3F-KJ97

nice for a change of pace from the usual "I don't know what the fuck I'm doing" feeling. Also I might have a ton of tools against Smeargle but I certainly don't know how to use them.
>>
>>25109180
"This spread guarantees the OHKO on a minimal bulk Primal Kyogre, has enough HP investment to avoid being OHKOd by LO Mega Rayquaza and putting the rest into SpDef gives it a slightly easier time taking hits from Primal Kyogre and Xerneas which is the main reason to be using this mon.

228 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Primal Kyogre: 176-210 (100.5 - 120%)
252 Atk Life Orb Mega Rayquaza Dragon Ascent vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 136-161 (83.9 - 99.3%)
252 Atk Parental Bond Mega Kangaskhan Low Kick (100 BP) vs. 100 HP / 0 Def Ferrothorn: 135-159 (83.3 - 98.1%)

And the comparison of the two spreads:
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 252 HP / 116 SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 59-69 (32.5 - 38.1%)
252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Origin Pulse vs. 100 HP / 180+ SpD Ferrothorn in Heavy Rain: 51-60 (31.4 - 37%)"
>>
>>25109199
wait that's with sassy

shit I don't know what it does then, mine is brave
>>
>>25109185

Second day already started ? Well apparently I left 2 matches undone
>>
>>25109185
here's two of mine

TSVW-WWWW-WW3F-KZ77
PHUG-WWWW-WW3F-KZ8S

I'll watch yours now
>>
File: '.jpg (105KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
'.jpg
105KB, 1280x720px
Those games where I should've brought Xerneas and those games where I shouldn't have brought Xerneas.
>>
>>25109293

Better not bring Xerneas at all senpai desu baka
>>
>>25108733
Another disconnect
How salty can this people get?

Anybody getting disconnects even though not using the top tier? / OU
>>
File: image.jpg (82KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
82KB, 600x600px
>>25109389

Getting disconnected everytime I OHKO Xerneas on 1st or 2nd turn

People think using Xerneas/PDon/Smeargle means definitive win
>>
>>25109218
it uses UTC so we're on the second day basically. don't worry, your quota of matches gets rolled over if you missed any.

>>25109243
lol at Meowstic using Quick Guard against Xerneas and Ferrothorn, what even. also lmao at your opponent for doing that horrible bait at the end of the second one
>>
File: 1454038974184.jpg (390KB, 925x925px) Image search: [Google]
1454038974184.jpg
390KB, 925x925px
I decided to go full crazy with a Yveltal + TTar Dark Aura team and I'm against all reason I'm winning more than I should be winning considering all the Xerneas I'm encountering.

People psych themselves way too easily and go for the obvious GRRRRR IT'S A DARK TYPE GOTTA MOONBLAST IT so they leave themselves open quite easily.

Sand is more useful than expected against all reason too. People also leave their Primal far more open than they should because they become fixated on cockblocking the sand.
>>
>>25109499
Would love to hear more about your team at your leisure.

How do you guys pace yourselves?
I'm guessing if you actually want points you go for 1900+ then retire, but boy is it rough.
>>
File: smugp.jpg (74KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
smugp.jpg
74KB, 640x640px
>>25109445
>Using pikachu as my Xerneas/Yveltal Slayer
>mfw

Volt Tackle and Iron Tail OHKO almos everytime but honestly he is shit who should i use insteal of pikachu
>>
>>25109625
I'm just playing all my games and trying not to think too much about rating cuz God knows it'll be a great IC if I can get to 1700
>>
>>25109499
Based. I'm using WP Yveltal with Mega Mawile/ Liepard.

I think Yveltal is really underrated and versatile. You can go physical with Foul Play, Knock Off, and Sucker Punch, special with Dark Pulse and Snarl (hell even Heat Wave next to Groudon can nuke things), or even mixed between the two with support options like Tailwind , Taunt, Roost, and Disable.

131 in both attacking stats is great.
>>
>we send out our leads
>hmm, maybe he was expecting meto set the weather for him but it's otherwise not an overwhelmingly positive lead for me so I should err on the side of caution here
>opponent forfeits

S-sorry to hear that.
>>
File: 1448933567205.jpg (69KB, 471x476px) Image search: [Google]
1448933567205.jpg
69KB, 471x476px
>Opponent's Thundurus swaggers my Groudon and paralyzes my Mawile
>My pokemon don't move for two turns

Nice

A-at least I'm still 11-2 in the IC, r-right?
>>
I just got raped by a Greninja. Holy shit I should have Thunderwaved that pepe.
>>
>they spec their mkang to survive low kick from 252+ opposing mkang

yeah, fuck you too japan
>>
mother fuckers if you're going to blame the dc on me at least do it immediately

i hate coming out of a game and seeing two mre losses added
>>
File: 1422375056097.gif (20KB, 375x378px) Image search: [Google]
1422375056097.gif
20KB, 375x378px
>>25109651
I guess what I'm asking is when do you stop yourself from tilting.

I just lost all my progress of the evening in only a couple games.
>>
>>25109895
>yfw they only eved to survive jolly but you got low rolls
>>
SEND HELP
How do i genn in a Xerneas and Groudon into AS?
>>
>>25109925
I don't want to think about it anymore.
That sent my mentality down the shitter though since I should've gone for the PDon instead.
>>
Do you guys take notes while you play?
Even with shorthand I'm beginning to feel like it's not worth the time I could be thinking.
>>
>>25109967
I usually just take notes of trickroom/tailwind turns because I lose track of them very easily, though they are pretty useful in best of 3 play to remember your opponent's moveset and EVs
>>
>>25108575
>>25108626
I'm at nigger bridge to lookt for the teams but i don't find it maybe i'm just too stupid someone link it to me
>>
>>25109967
i'm a pokemon illiterate pleb so i have pokemondb open kek
>>
>>25109967
on real life tournaments I do (if I didn't forget to bring pen and paper), but only on bo3 sets or if playing against someone that's likely to advance to the top 8 (if I am going to advance too, of course). Though most of the time I'd just write down the pokemon on team preview, write up an attack or two they use, maybe tailwind/tr/weather turns and then nothing till the end of the match, when I remember I was gathering information and quickly write everything I can remember
>>
>>25110010
I have some stuff open too, but speaking anecdotally I've done better in events where I took minimal notes. Small sample size however and mostly speaking from in-person events.

I like to fill in spreadsheets when I'm at home though. At this point I suppose I should just treat this IC as practice.
>>
File: 1400885788223.png (2MB, 1105x964px) Image search: [Google]
1400885788223.png
2MB, 1105x964px
>>25109625
>Would love to hear more about your team at your leisure.

Team is mostly disruption and slowly wearing down.

>Yveltal
Carries Foul Play and Sucker with Oblivion Wing being the odd one. Killing those fucking Amoongus and refilling near all my health is wonderful. Specially when they think themselves so clever for redirecting Yveltal.

>TTar
Assurance, Rock Slide, Sub, Protect. Assurance hits like a truck when going second and boosted by Dark Aura.

Sands gets more use than you would think. People psych themselves thinking HAHA HE'S USING TTAR I'LL LEAD WITH MY PRIMAL SO HE CAN'T USE IT I'M SO CLEVER and then their Primal is dead and it's party time for TTar because nothing special can touch him. Well, as long as Xerneas is dead.

>Mega Mom
Standard bulky variant. Mostly Fake Out support. VERY IMPORTANT. I can't set-up shit without it. Free turns are needed to set-up my stuff.

>Thundurus-I
Bulky as fuck, Swagger and Thunder Wave everything, except Groudon. Fuck Groudon. Speed control is super important considering my team is on the slow-side and Swagger lets Yveltal hit like a truck. Obviously, I'm baiting for parafusion hard here. No shame. Specially with TTar on the side under a Sub and baiting for flinches as well. Helps with Kyogre a little too.

>Giratina-O
Total Groudon cockblock because fuck Groudon. Help with my massive Fighting weakness even if no one carries Fighting moves anymore. Damn thing never dies and hits surprisingly hard. Completely shut-downs Mega Mom too. I love this thing. Hits deceptively hard too. Like Mega Mom, it's mostly support and wearing down the opponent so that the big hitters can get the kill. Draco Meteor, Shadow Sneak, Dragon Pulse, Phantom Force.

>Excadrill
Even without Sand up it does a quick work out of Groudon and Xerneas and then it's fun times with uncle TTar. From what I've seen most Xerneas don't go full speed so when Sand is up it's always a joy to outspeed them after they have Geomancy up.
>>
>>25109914
dunno anon I just play.

for the IC, at least, I've just broken the quota into blocks of 3 or 5 games. since the day rolls over at 00:00 UTC that means I can squeeze a few games the night before and it'll count as day 2
>>
Today i found this nigger and i got so fucking rekt he was healing so much http://pokemondb.net/pokedex/trevenant
it truly was unexpected
>>
>>25110151
Would you mind sharing the importable after the IC? After this competition I need a change of pace.

>>25110200
Was it on a Groudon team or did it use your's? I'm surprised you had nothing to hit it with.
>>
>>25110267
>I'm surprised you had nothing to hit it with.
Exactly my fuck up kek
>>
>>25110276
Reminds me I still think Shedinja is a sleeper. Wouldn't be surpised if Wolfe or someone used one, especially in combination with Soak.
>>
>>25110291
Funny thing that you mention him because i found him today and it caught me off guard i never encountered that pokemon before the wonder guard i had to go to pokemon db and a sucker punch did it. Eventhough that was it i almost lose.

I think i will try with that pokemon but not sure
>>
>>25109943
rebumping how do i even use xerneas if i can't use traded pokemon
How do i properly genn it?
>>
>>25110336
You can use traded Pokémon. It just has to be 'legitimately' generated in Gen 6.
>>
>>25110336
What? You can use traded Pokemon, otherwise the whole point of the game would be lost. I can give you my files if you want though, they're legal so you can use them without problem.
>>
>>25110356
Please do because i don't know how to do it with xerneas

>>25110347
I read that you can't use traded pokemon like in the official site maybe i'm making shit up though
>>
>>25110368
I can't speak for TPCi's documentation as that site is a mess (though not as much of a mess as the new NB) but I imagine they meant to discourage players from using mons traded with randoms as they may not be legit.
>>
>>25110368
Groudon: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30485706/Groudon%20-%209D04EB31.pk6

Xerneas (event shiny): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30485706/%E3%82%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%8D%E3%82%A2%E3%82%B9%20-%203EAC16F5.pk6

Xerneas (non-shiny from X): https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/30485706/Xerneas%20-%208B0DC5AD.pk6
>>
>>25110409
So i can actually use these?
Thanks anon
>>
>>25110427
Yeah, I've been using the first two in the Special ladder with no problem. The third one is just an edit of a Xerneas I got from the GTS, so it should be legit as well.
>>
>>25110267
Sure thing. I'll most likely end up making big modifications to the this team afterwards so it's no biggie.

Hell, right now all my spreads are 252/252.I made this team on a whim to test if Sand could work on this meta and the results ended up much better than expected.

It kinda makes me wanna try Hail but I feel that one is beyond salvation no matter what I do.

>Abomasnow used to be supergood the last time big legends were allowed in VGC10
Feels bad man
>>
New thread. Migrate whenever.

>>25110509
>>25110509
>>25110509
>>
File: howbad.jpg (179KB, 898x600px) Image search: [Google]
howbad.jpg
179KB, 898x600px
>mrw i find a VGC team on free double
JUST
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.