[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/pmdg/ : Pokémon Mystery Dungeon General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 62

File: rescue pmdg.png (15KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
rescue pmdg.png
15KB, 512x384px
rescue /pmdg/ edition

PSMD French, German, Italian and Spanish translation: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04142126285816082300

PSMD .cia: https://mega.nz/#!hlNQXRrY!tIKxQUErgQxXKOQmp97m_ttPYv_idEOH6BVzYsahz7U Password: Traiver

Check the guides at >>>/vg/hbg if you don't know how to install the game. You won't lose any online feature or anything doing so, don't worry. You will be able to do everything that you'd normally be able to and much more.

Blue, Sky, and an emulator: https://mega.co.nz/#!6E8xWSzB!2TQy6qzEfI3qPxL3a2JJ9l7Wn6KXwHKxKxepMs3RIck

/vp/'s Mystery Dungeon guides: http://pastebin.com/Dbq61R5u

PSMD Wondermail codes: http://www.cpokemon.com/2015/11/24/todas-las-contrasenas-wonder-mail-

Super Mystery Dungeon FAQ: http://pastebin.com/aY45shVA

Super Mystery Dungeon Treasure List + Locations: http://pastebin.com/1xsZmqgJ

Last thread: >>25008912

What are your favourite move/ability/emera combinations? What makes them so great?
>>
>>25031091
Haven't played SMD yet, but I'll try:

>move
Room-cleaning moves, specially the ones that ups stats like Ominous Wind and Silver Wind.

>abilitiy
Steadfast, by making Cringe status and X-Eye Seeds free Quick Seeds. Too bad Movement Speed it was nerfed to only affect the movement instead of turns.
>>
File: 1366517568225.png (127KB, 338x302px) Image search: [Google]
1366517568225.png
127KB, 338x302px
>>25031091
Which MD is best MD?
I need to know because I never played them and I want to start
>>
>>25031091
Seems we failed that mission

Aura Sphere is crazy good. HP-draining moves can also be great because of how much health enemies have in SMD.
>>
>>25031187
EXPLORERS OF
S K Y
K
Y
>>
So, up until now, I've been maxing out Atk on Snivy for Leaf Blade and Aerial Ace, and Sp. Atk on Fennekin. Should I start attempting to max Sp. Atk on Snivy too for Energy Ball?
>>
>die on the hailing floor of Revelation Mountain
>mount the longest fucking self-rescue of all time
>revive myself and make it to the stairs
>cutscene
>20 HP
>walk into a hallway
>reach the last tile
>Noctowl in the next room uses Uproa, KOs me
Why is this bullshit allowed? I didn't catch if there was a save after that cutscene, or do I have to self-rescue again?
>>
Just finished what I assume is the last of the story in Super and now just have to find treasures.

Was pretty good, I liked how they subverted the usual PMD ending. Didn't like the game nearly as much as Sky but it's definitely better mechanically.
>>
>>25031560
Nope. You've gotta go self-rescue.

Daily reminder that you're not allowed to have nice things, and if you're wondering if there's something that might make the game easier, it doesn't work that way and you can go fuck yourself.
>>
>>25031608
Well he could level up a little on Pelliper Island, but that's all he gets
>>
Is running stat-boosting moves a good idea here? Seems like they just take up a moveslot and are questionably useful at best. Admittedly, they're very useful for boss fights if you can get a Petrify Orb off, but otherwise what use are they?

Worse, are status-inducing moves useful besides Confusion inducers, just because of how hard they fuck the opponent?
>>
I was really surprised that Simipour wasn't a bad guy
>>
>>25031187

This anon is right>>25031195
>>
>>25031626
Confusion, sleep, and petrification are all useful, but you're better off inflicting them with orbs and wands.

I'm on the fence about stat-boosters. Your allies never seem to use them at the right time, so you really have to take control and use it for them for make the most of them.

>>25031560
Don't forget progress devices. You ought to have at least one. No shame in looking up how many floors a story dungeon has and using it right before the boss.
>>
File: flare.jpg (119KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
flare.jpg
119KB, 600x600px
>>25031686
>>25031195
Thanks!
>>
Instead of a remake of DPP, can we just have an Explorers of Sky remake?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFUyic2jDss
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5gtv2NlRSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzLPTtvpjso
>>
>>25031741
Point. Attract has proven mostly useless anyway, so I feel no shame in taking it off and replacing it. I thought it'd be useful to tie up bosses and troublesome Pokemon. I was wrong.

On the other hand, Coil and Growth have proven incredibly useful in turn on Servine - the one I use most - so I'm kinda on the fence too. It's nice setting up just one boost at the beginning of a floor and just murdering everything as you pass with Leaf Blade. Speaking of which, Leaf Blade/Super Critical/Focus Looplet makes Snivy into a fucking crit machine. It's a pity crits don't bypass defense boosts like in the main series.
>>
File: crab pat.gif (914KB, 370x282px) Image search: [Google]
crab pat.gif
914KB, 370x282px
>>25031776
Why remake whats already perfect.
I doubt they would be able to remake the soundtrack that good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xT3kQKtKqrE
>>
Does Roserade only show up in cafes, or in towns too?
>>
>>25031187
Super is the only correct answer. Gameplay is vastly superior and the story actually gives its characters personality.
>>
>>25031843
Towns also
>>
>>25031776
Sky was great, but I'd rather have a new game instead of a remake.
>>
>>25031865
Thanks. I've spent two hours looking for this jerk.
>>
>go to do the Meet Up With Entei request
>Heatran shows up out of nowhere in the middle of the dungeon and OHKOs the entire party with some roomwide attack

Jesus Christ
>>
>>25031934
git gud.
>>
Is there an easy way to connect with Cofagrigus? I really want some of those treasures, especially the Excavation Looplet and the enhanced Sp. Atk Looplet. I've managed to connect with Kangaskhan, does that help?
>>
This game is pretty hard.
What level do you have to be to beat very hard and super hard dungeons? They kick my starter's ass. I haven't even rescued the partner yet. Am I supposed to only be level 30 for that Xatu shit? Fire starters get walled hard by Houndoom.
For the most part I've been cheesing dungeons with items or those super high level Pokémon. Does the starter and partner also automatically level up when not in use?
>>
File: cofagrigus.gif (185KB, 165x119px) Image search: [Google]
cofagrigus.gif
185KB, 165x119px
>>25031963
It's random, just keep checking back every "day"
>>
>>25031963
I don't know if you need one of the collection treasures or not but you could try getting one of those, if that doesn't trigger it then you'll just have to talk to him everyday until he does.
>>
File: 1411189956073.jpg (144KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1411189956073.jpg
144KB, 1600x1200px
OK /vp/. I've spent literal hours trying to come up with a legit way to fight this crap. I have to know. Tell me, please, so I can finally move on.

Is the real way to beat Reshiram and Zekrom just throwing yourselves at them with dozens of Reviver Seeds and hoping you get lucky?
>>
>>25031991
I was around level 25-30 when I got my partner back. Try using some gold bars to get roids and if you can learn a move that houndoom isn't immune to.
You could also try taking hoopa with you, but he's kinda unreliable.

>Does the starter and partner also automatically level up when not in use?
Not that I know of.
>>
>>25032008
I can guarantee it's not that, at least - I got the Water Looplet as soon as it became available by throwing three overleveled Dragon-types at it, and there is demonstrably not a Cofagrigus link. Oh well, I'll just have to keep checking.
>>
File: screams internally.jpg (9KB, 201x250px) Image search: [Google]
screams internally.jpg
9KB, 201x250px
>spawn on first floor in the back of a monster house
>>
>>25032091
Anon, this is why you always pack Petrify Orbs and Stayaway Wands. Did you learn nothing about dungeoneering from Watchog?
>>
Are Locked Doors only a mission thing in Super?

I remember the older games you had to bring keys yourself.
>>
>>25032108
Yes.
>>
Is it just me or is the Connection Orb mostly fucking useless? It's a hassle to navigate and I pretty much just ignore everything except the new postings.
>>
>>25032063
I think only your starter is allowed in the Xatu dungeon. I might have to grind for items then. And if that's the case with leveling that's kinda shit. I know for sure other Pokémon automatically level. I just don't know exactly by how much and how fast.
>>
>>25032213
Yes, technically only your starter is allowed.

HOWEVER. Hoopa can effectively be "smuggled" in by picking up his bottle and using it. He's unreliable as shit, but if you're constantly dying anyway it certainly can't make it much worse.
>>
>>25032213
You take hoopa with you as an item and he isn't considered part of your team, but I've never tried taking him with me to that dungeon while it was limited so I don't know if you actually can or not.

>I know for sure other Pokémon automatically level.
Really? I've never noticed that.
>>
>>25032227
By the way is that seriously the only way if using Hoopa? You never get to recruit or control it? Just have it tag along as a shitty guest that summons shit and is occasionally not useless?
>>
>>25032243
I've tested it, and it's common knowledge. Yes, you can.

>>25032245
Yep. It's kind of a pain. Hoopa even lampshades it when you first interact with it and pick up the bottle. You even have to talk to it to get it to summon shit, and that shit may or may not decide to attack you instead of the rest of the dungeon. Oh, and Hoopa leaves on the next floor. Why? Because fuck you, that's why.
>>
>>25032243
Yeah. I only used Salamence once before beating the final boss and I came back with it at level 51. I also noticed <20 Pokémon being level 20 or above. I could just be remembering their previous levels wrong. I know for sure Snorlax was less than level 20 but showed up as level 22.
>>
>>25031187
Sky and Super are both tied in terms of awesome.
>>
>>25032276
Hoopa's about as helpful as a pair of Whiff Specs. You're better off just bringing a ton of wands and spamming them
>>
>>25032280
I almost never bring anyone aside from my starters into dungeons so I never noticed.
He's lv57 for me and I'm pretty sure I've only ever used him two or three times at most.
>>
>>25032316
Did you evolve your starters? I honestly can't fathom how to beat some of the later dungeons without item spam. I might as well grind with an army of motivated Unown.
>>
>>25032368
Evolving your starters doesn't actually grant any stat boosts. It's purely cosmetic. Unfortunate, I know. Just do what everyone else does and roid up.
>>
>>25032368
Nope, evolving doesn't boost stats in super, and my starter is a riolu.
When I evolved him in sky it only caused me problems so I didn't bother this time around.
Just spend your gold on vitamins and you'll probably be fine.
>>
>>25032385
With Cofagrigus food or the regular drugs? I haven't used stat boosting item before. I also don't have a water bracelet thing yet either.

And I'm aware of that. The fully evolved starters usually get better moves but I'm attached to the cute scarves so I don't want to do it. Evolved starters lose the scarf right?
>>
>>25032430
Cofagrigus drugs, and why don't you have the water looplet?

Actually, where are you in the game? Have you even left Serene Village yet?
>>
>>25032430
but the evolved starters aren't as cute
>>
>>25032430
You loose the scarfs eventually anyway.
You're better off with the regular drugs, they're cheaper and I think the food only increases by one at random.
>>
>>25032439
I barely just beat the Kirby crossover and didn't bother saving my partner yet. I was cleaning up a couple of requests.

>>25032442
Fuck me. I liked that the starters were distinguished with a scarf. The thing I hated about Rescue Team was that the starter completely loses their personality after beating the game.

>>25032418
Problems? How so?
>>
>>25032472
evolving your starters just feels wrong
>>
>>25032472
>How so?
Mostly just type matchup problems.
Lucario's steel type fucked me over when I was going through fire type dungeons.
>>
>>25031091
Is there a site that you made custom text for rescue missions?
>>
Were the sprite sheets ripped off of the game already?
If yes, someone please happens to have Shiny Celebi's one?
>>
>>25031091
Just for curiosity's sake, i entered that Wonder Mail S code to see what it is.

It's a challenge letter to fight Mewtwo on floor 32 of Sky Stairway
>>
>>25032581
Both super and sky's portrait sprites are up on here
http://www.spriters-resource.com/
>>
>>25032368
Vitamins. I've pumped my guys up to over 150 in each stat, and I don't really run into issues that can't be solved with a normal amount of items.
Except Mewtwo, that was bullshit.
>>
>>25032665
Got it.
Thanks a lot, anon!
>>
Is it wrong that I still have Ember on Fennekin, rather than upgrading to Flamethrower? Between Heat Wave and Psybeam, I have all the Fire-type and/or long range coverage I need, and Ember works perfectly well as a semi-long-range Fire-type backup attack.

Also, why must Hawlucha be so expensive? I finally got Heat Wave for 10000, and now I need to come up with 8000 more for Shock Wave.
>>
>>25032730
I don't understand why you'd stick with ember.
Flamethrower works just fine at closer ranges too and is more powerful.
>>
>>25032730
I think Ember is sick and I had Flamethrower still as well. I mean, you can do whatever the fuck you want really as long as you have Heat Wave.
>>
>>25031091
>PSMD French, German, Italian and Spanish translation: http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04142126285816082300

The translation doesn't work for me.
I have emunand with rxTools on 10.3 and I'm using the cia version.
BootNTR (the zip one) says 'current firmware not supported'

I downloaded NTR 3.2 but doesn't work too.

any tips?
>>
>>25032751
>more powerful
Not when you've been using it for most of the game it's not. It's got 6 less PP (which is damning in longer dungeons) and only a little more power. It's really astounding how much power shitty moves can get if they get upgraded enough.

>>25032764
True, I suppose, but I only have so many moveslots and I don't have the PP or Elixirs to just continually spam Heat Wave, especially since CoFAGGOTrigus won't connect and give me the goddamn Excavation Looplet, so I can't get enough gold bars to buy PP/Power/Accuracy drinks. And yes, I already used the Wonder Mail codes.
>>
>>25032765
Are you on a New 3DS? If so, you need to install this version and then it should work. http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=81454121835010324331
>>
>>25032765
>>25032782
>Are you on a New 3DS?
wait, that's a dumb question, you said you're using rxTools.
Well, try it anyway. I was having the same problem before I installed that version, although I think I know why it was happening to me and I don't think you could have been in the same situation, but still.
>>
>>25032782
>Are you on a New 3DS?
Nope. I'm on o3ds

>>25032799
Ok. I will try once again
>>
File: 1442372208778.gif (2MB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1442372208778.gif
2MB, 320x239px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLJw7gbK4AY
Holy shit I could listen to this partner's theme forever. This has to be one of the comfiest songs I've heard in a while.
>>
>>25032847
No thanks I don't feel like crying today
>>
Anyone hit level 100 with your starter yet?
>>
>>25032847
They also have an extended track for Fire Island Volcano, which is one of my new absolute favorites.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH83aXI2mn8
>>
File: 1425368599147.jpg (82KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1425368599147.jpg
82KB, 1280x720px
>>25032901
Definitely my favorite dungeon music by far. Most of the generic dungeons just have recycled music from Gates.
>>
>>25032881
I could, if I spam some golden bananas
>>
File: 1414836248576.jpg (35KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1414836248576.jpg
35KB, 350x350px
>>25032953
>golden bananas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24
>>
What's the point of the teammate availability mechanic? Couldn't they just NOT give you access to strong Pokemon like Salamence until the postgame?

>tfw both of the Pokemon I've roided up besides my starter and partner are on break so I can't tackle a hard dungeon until one comes back
>>
>>25032998
I don't know why they didn't at least make it go away entirely once you are higher level than that pokemon.
Some of the early optional missions are a pain in the ass if you don't have higher level mons, so I understand why they give you Salamence and so early.
>>
>>25032827
Did it work?
>>
>>25033012
Why not make those missions easier so you can tackle them without a level-50 nukemon?
>>
>>25033021
If I had to guess, maybe to teach you that you can choose any 3 mons for those types of missions and that taking your starters might not be the best idea?
I don't know, but it's one of the things that makes me sad about the connection orb.
>>
>>25033021
Because using a nukemon feels good. They didn't want to completely scare away children, so they use Pokemon like Salamence or Bisharp to compromise. It's also a good excuse to give people their favorites earlier than might be expected, even if it's only temporary. Hopefully next PMD they'll do a better job of balancing it though.
>>
So what exactly is the trigger for connecting with Kecleon? He's the only one of the shopkeepers I haven't gotten yet.
>>
>>25033075
Connect with about 700 pokemon and then talk to him
>>
>Reuniclus I'm supposed to kill flees into the hallway
>Shit now I'll never catch him
>Look at items just in case
>Luminous Orb, use it
>It shows that the path Reuniclus is going down is a straight line for a very long way
>Check items again
>Pounce Wand
>Get in front of the hall and Pounce Wand to go straight to him

Having exactly the right items right when you need them is the best feeling this game has given me yet.
>>
File: empbla.png (120KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
empbla.png
120KB, 500x357px
>>25032368
Yes
>>
File: 1399472107621.jpg (67KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1399472107621.jpg
67KB, 480x360px
>>25031091
>just started the game
>get to the point you can start taking missions from the connection orb
>level 14 or so
>Axew wants to beat up Salamence
>go to it
>fucker has like a million HP holy shit my petrify wand can barely keep him still and my best attacks do sub 20 damage
>finally manage to down Salamence just as my resources run dry
>look at him in the recruit menu
>he's level fucking 50

Is this supposed to happen? I'd almost think I was supposed to lose that fight, except right after that I met a Victini who joined my guild just by talking to me. Does this game just not give a shit about level scaling or what? Because now I'm rolling in overleveled monsters and Salamence can solo monster houses without breaking a sweat and it feels a little... off.
>>
>>25033175
Salamence and similarly high leveled mons take lots of breaks. Don't expect to reliably use him.
>>
>>25033175
No. The point of that is to teach people unfamiliar with roguelikes that will they need to use items in this game.
Salamence will go on break for days at a time if you use him, so it's not like you can just use him for everything and story missions will force you to use your starters.
>>
>>25033175
They attempted balancing that with Pokemon going on breaks. You'll probably need that Salamence for some of the harder missions if you don't plan on item spamming. Only story missions are balanced around your level scaling. Everything else is the Wild fucking West.
>>
>rotom spawned me near the stairs
well that was the least threatening monster house
>>
File: 1402015011910.png (44KB, 349x349px) Image search: [Google]
1402015011910.png
44KB, 349x349px
>>25033197
>>25033195
>>25033199
I see. That's a pretty interesting way to go about it. I'll reserve him for those inevitable missions where the enemies consist of nothing but room-clearing move spammers and phasing-abuser ghosts, then. Thanks, m8s.
>>
>>25033213
>Zoroark spawned me next to a Petrify Orb
If I didn't know any better, I'd think they wanted to join anyhow
>>
File: 1423957651704.png (188KB, 381x381px) Image search: [Google]
1423957651704.png
188KB, 381x381px
>>25033213
>mfw Rotom was the first time I discovered they can summon monster houses
>I was controlling some random Petilil, left them for fucking dead and bolted the hell out of there
Fuckin assholes man. Smeargle was so friendly. Petilil's sacrifice was not in vain.
>>
>pick up game for first time since a while after I beat it
>no reviver seeds or oran berries in my storage
Uh oh. What's a good way to grind for them in PSMD, not counting Wonder Mail?
>>
>>25033310
Use recycle to turn plain seeds into useful seeds and oran berries, or buy with gold bars
>>
>>25033303
>Game gives you a choice to use reviver seeds

Sometimes it does feel good to sacrifice someone for the greater good
>>
>>25033310
If you have some money, you can do runs through Open Pass and buy out all five Kecleon shops' stocks of seeds and berries each day.

>>25033322
What all can plain seeds be turned into?
>>
>>25033378
Bulbapedo says it turns plain seeds into either an Oran Berry or any seed except Joy, Life or Doom. That sounds decent enough, I've been hoarding Plain Seeds hoping there was something I could do with them. I've just got to find a 'mon with Recycle, now.
>>
>>25033399
Snorlax is perfect for it. Just reteach it. I just went to Pelliper Island in the pissbabby first dungeon with 30 Plain Seeds and just Recycled all of them. Only got 2 Reviver Seeds though. The rest were a bunch of garbage like Sleed Seeds.
>>
>>25031091
In general?
Heat wave, barrage, chlorophyll

If together?
No clue
>>
>>25033439
Almost seems better to exchange 100 for a gold bar.
>>
>>25032385
>purely cosmetic

fuck you i wish. movepools are a thing, and i seriously am torn between evolving from braixen to delphox just for dazzling gleam. there be many a dragon boss it could be advantageous against.

thing is, braixen is qt and delphox has just about the jankiest animations i've seen in this game. the fucking conflict is real
>>
>>25033513
>Braixen is a qt
Ain't it the truth. I know Delphox gets some moves ol' Braix can't learn, but I like Braixen over Delphox anyhow
>>
>>25033461
Well it isn't so bad. I remember getting some Encourage Seeds if it matters. It takes a minute or 2 to spam Recycle anyways.
>>
File: has science gone too far.jpg (8KB, 240x200px) Image search: [Google]
has science gone too far.jpg
8KB, 240x200px
>that assclench moment right as you get teleported into a secret base and you don't know yet if it's gonna be a monster house
>after the first couple times the Pokemon start lampshading it
>then they start lampshading the lampshading
>>
>>25033660
>Coralwhat'sherface going on and on about it potentially being a Monster House
Man, I was so ready to punch a bitch
>>
>>25033513
I went to evolve my Fenn to Braixen and was disappointed at the Braixen animations.
>>
>>25033744
they're a little stiff, but they aren't nearly as bad as delphox's imo

one animation i was not at all disappointed by was serperior's, though. dat slither
>>
>>25033660
>>then they start lampshading the lampshading

SATANIC
>>
File: d4kmut6vjaps.jpg (86KB, 481x448px) Image search: [Google]
d4kmut6vjaps.jpg
86KB, 481x448px
>>25033770
>Wanted tasty Serp animations, but didn't want anything past Braixen for my partner
>Autism dictates that my partner and I must be on the same stage of evolution

I don't hate Servine but damn
>>
>>25033810
You honestly have shit taste in Pokemon.
>>
type bulldozer and better odds are best emeras. prove me wrong
protip: you can't
>>
>>25033843
>he didn't include Barrage
It's debatably better than Type Bulldozer if you roid out hard enough.
>>
File: 1449260350217.png (1MB, 1024x1181px) Image search: [Google]
1449260350217.png
1MB, 1024x1181px
>>25033839
Thanks familiar
>>
>>25033843
What does Better Odds do? Haven't come across one yet.
>>
>>25033810
I know your pain, I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I get to that point
>>
>>25033865
>moves never miss
>every time you use a move while it's PP is an even number, it's basically guaranteed to crit

it's the fucking best
>>
>>25033893
Jesus, that's two good effects in one.
>>
>>25033843
>Not adding 'Zerker Barrage for added "GET FUCKED"
The triforce, dude. Zerkers Barrage, Better Odds, and Type Bulldozer
Add Toughness and you're an unstoppable killing machine
>>
>>25033843
>Big ears, clairvoyance, surveyor
>>
>>25033843
>Not Ally Reviver
>Not Stair Locator
>>
>>25034012
>Stair Locator
>He's that bad at finding the stairs
>>
>>25034024
>wanting the postgame to take even longer
>>
>>25034048
>Not being determined to explore the dungeon
>>
>>25034051
>Giving a fuck about that
>>
>>25034051
>Wanting to explore a series of randomly generated mazes
>>
>>25034053
>Not being a true explorer of the sky/darkness/time
>Not being a super pokemon mystery dungeon explorer

>>25034063
>Not looting them dry
>Not liking the rush of it being random each time
>Not liking accidentally bumping into monster houses and battling your way to the top
It's like you've never been in a dungeon before
>>
>these people that don't explore the dungeon

I grab every item i can whenever i can, even in Wish Cave and ZIS
>>
>>25034100
>There are people in this thread RIGHT NOW that call themselves explores when they don't even explore dungeons
You guys don't even deserve that smile
>>
>>25022790
I'm late but http://pastebin.com/P7UNLJat
>>
>>25034072
>Not looting them dry
>When most of the items are things I already have multiple of in storage or emeras

>Monster houses being difficult
>Any room-clear move
>>
>>25034100
In SMD, sometimes I won't pick up an item that's like two steps away because an enemy might enter the room in that time.
>>
What does the excavation looplet actually do? I know it makes you see golden sparkles, but what else?
>>
>>25034121
Nothing else.
>>
>>25034121
That's it, as far as I know. And golden sparkles hardly ever appear.
>>
>>25034121
That's it. But the gold sparkles tend to have better stuff, so if you don't need a looplet that makes you stronger, excavation is a good one to use.
>>
>>25034112
>He doesn't take loot no matter what
You're playing this game wrong friend
>>
>>25034145
>Picking up every item in the rooms I pass through
Yes
>Going through every room of every floor to get every item available
How to: use five apples per dungeon
>>
>not playing rescue team and mining out all 29 floors of Lightning Field

CASUALS
>>
File: YOU SHALL NOT PASS.jpg (269KB, 705x800px) Image search: [Google]
YOU SHALL NOT PASS.jpg
269KB, 705x800px
Which tutor moves have you blown you pesos on? So far I've shelled out for

>Heat Wave for Fennekin
>Drain Punch for Chespin

Next might be Relic Song for Meloetta.
>>
>>25034238
Earth Power for Mudkip and nothing else.
I might need to get more tutor moves on it in the form of Aqua Tail (if I don't find Waterfall), Bulldoze and/or Ice Punch
>>
>>25034238
Heat Wave for a bunch of random Fire types, including my partner, and Earth Power/Ice Punch for Wooper
>>
>>25034251
>(if I don't find Waterfall)

92JMR48W

Big thanks to >>25034110
>>
>>25034268
Thanks
>>
File: 1387228778409.jpg (7KB, 250x249px) Image search: [Google]
1387228778409.jpg
7KB, 250x249px
>>25034238
>Just using Drain Punch for the first time
>It's strong enough to recover almost all my HP
>>
On the subject of moves, can I just say that giving my partner Aromatherapy was literally the best decision of my life
>>
>>25034350
I think I rarely use healing seeds and just tough it out on the floor usually.

Also more recently I feel like my dungeons have been "Stack reviver seeds and take names"

Is there an ideal number of seeds that adds equal challenge and fairness to these things? I like them for the life-lines but I also just end up with dungeons that take like 5 and don't put a dent in my supply because of gold bars.
>>
What's a good final set for Braixen? (Not Delphox, because fuck that model and those animations, the fully evolved parts were the worst.) So far, I have Heat Wave/Ember/Psybeam/Round. Round's the odd one out, and I was thinking about replacing it with Shock Wave, especially since as a Grass-type I'm highly vulnerable to Flying-types and she needs Water-type coverage that's not Psybeam. Any advice on that? And yes, Ember over Flamethrower, because I've been using Ember the entire game and it's almost as strong as Flamethrower while having a shit-ton more PP, and Heat Wave/Psybeam cover range pretty well.

>>25034369
>he knows he's going to be fighting Darkrai
>he doesn't bring Wakeful Looplets
>>
What's a good sun team?

What's a good rain team?

Are there any teams with good synergy?
>>
>>25032765
>>25032827
Okay, I tried it by myself. The laziness version I included clearly didn't support 10.3 yet, if it even existed when it was released. The latest Github 3.2 release says it loaded it, but actually didn't. The one I linked does work on my original 3DS, RX-E 10.3. I guess I should look for a laziness version of that, but i'm too lazy
>>
File: 1444426473083.png (114KB, 231x251px) Image search: [Google]
1444426473083.png
114KB, 231x251px
>Forgot that ghosts walk through walls
>Accidentally stole something from Klingon with Rotom and he killed my entire team
>Running through the dungeon trying to get to the stairs
>If only there was a faster rou-
>Walk into a wall
>Walk through the wall
H-Ha, I knew that. I was just, you know, joking around and stuff. Ha, hahaha, ha
>>
File: sticker,375x360.u2.png (90KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
sticker,375x360.u2.png
90KB, 375x360px
>Be shedinja
>In a water themed dungeon
>"I'm invincible faggots"
>Killed by bidoof who throws rocks
Fuck
>>
>>25034364
Yeah but with Aromatherapy any time you come across a minor inconvenience like
>Ditto confuses your entire party
>Poison, Confuse, Sleep, other status traps
>PERISH SONG
All you gotta do is wait one turn and Chikorita's got you covered.
>>
Entering destiny tower with satiated looplet. How many progress devices should I bring?
>>
>>25034467
0 if you're a dank motherfucker
I actually haven't seriously used one of those ever, they just aren't really that helpful outside of an emergency. DT is only around two hours long.
>>
>just used the water looplet trick for the first time

holy shit my mind has been fucking expanded. i'm so glad i read the FAQ. ya'll are blessed
>>
>>25034566
>Went from just using Gold Bars for Reviver seeds to buying Seeds and roids
That trick is bonkers
>>
>>25034566
Here's another trick for you
Eating Sitrus berries while on full health increases your total HP PERMANENTLY
>>
File: 1354824989652.png (35KB, 246x206px) Image search: [Google]
1354824989652.png
35KB, 246x206px
>>25034595
>trick
that's in the item description, anon. i may be dumb, but i'm not stupid
>>
File: 1416984655969.jpg (38KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1416984655969.jpg
38KB, 640x480px
>>25034617
Just making sure
>>
File: snek the protector of smiles.jpg (180KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
snek the protector of smiles.jpg
180KB, 1600x1200px
I did it! I'm playing through SMD again! Fuck Taiko for now. I also gotta play GTI story now that I have CFW but first I'll protect my cute fennec's smile again.

tfw choosing No when Nuzleaf asks you to his home, didn't expect that reaction
>>
File: noseboop.png (230KB, 979x816px) Image search: [Google]
noseboop.png
230KB, 979x816px
>>25034646

What does nuzleaf say? I forgot
>>
>>25034646
is snivy + fennekin so common a player/partner combo? i see it around a lot, and it's amusing to me because
>already ran the full gambit of fire types in previous games, wanted to try out fennekin
>bf's favorite pokemon is serperior, and i wanted to name my partner after him
so i picked them.

liking it though. i need lots and lots of art of this very specific player/partner combo
>>
>>25034687
Agreed. It's actually mechanically good too - Snivy does a good physical set, especially if you're willing to stick with Vine Whip for a while until you can get Leaf Blade, and works well at close range. Meanwhile, Fennekin can snipe with Psybeam and Ember, AND is special in comparison to your physical. Chespin works for the same reason, but using that particular combo just feels cheap.
>>
File: 1452873102354.jpg (96KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452873102354.jpg
96KB, 1280x720px
>>25034646
>Started the process of making a cute adventure fic in which smugleaf protecting funnelcake smiles
>Prospected plot I've been developing for later on gets way more raw than I would have anticipated

Guys it might get a little heavy if I do it right. I don't know what I'm doing with this antagonist.

>>25034687
I just chose my favorite and second favorite starter and went. For some reason shortly after the thread exploded with people who went the same combo, and we all agreed that Fennekin is a ridiculously good choice for the overenthusiastic partner.
>>
>>25034721
>Guys it might get a little heavy if I do it right.
Just remember, anon. Look the hardest-hitting stories and you'll realize: emotional contrast brings power to those emotions. That is to say, the generally happier the tone is, the harder the sad parts will hit. It's an extremely useful tool for storytelling, and I hope that you'll pull it off properly.

How's your progress going? Consider maybe posting it in chapters rather than all at once like with the Mawile fic? I'm getting antsy waiting for this to be done.
>>
File: 20160119_022454.jpg (561KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
20160119_022454.jpg
561KB, 1600x1200px
>>25034667
He apologizes so fucking bad and asks you to his house like that.

>>25034687
Fennekin is particularly a common partner because he's the "new cute guy", the partner personality REALLY fits him, and he's also pretty good like >>25034708 said. Snivy is more of a personal favorite for me, he's not particularly amazing so the main is more up to you really.

On this combo however, afaik there's only like 5 active people here with it, we just like to autism together. :^)
>>
>>25034739
Yes, but I don't think it's going to be all happy-cheery to begin with. Like the entire point of the MC for the first two chapters is to be like "Mmm fuck I want to protect that smile so hard it's distracting" but the reader is definitely going to get peeks at how shit is going down elsewhere. It's all cutesy and funny until shit hits the fan down in Alabama and only you know about it. Then I'm going to try my hand at morality and ethics a bit once those two sides meet.

Yeah yeah, sometime tomorrow I'll be finished with the rough of chapter 1 and will be able to start the final. Still don't expect it too soon, but it'll still be well within January.
>>
>>25034786
A facade of happiness over a drearier reality is equally fine. Consider, for instance, Earthbound. You only get peeks at how fucked up everything is until the very end when you deal with it yourself, and aside from a few other moments throughout, the game mostly has a pretty goofy, cartoonish, happy-go-lucky atmosphere. Which makes the fight with Giygas that much more jarring, impactful, and memorable in the end. There's a lot riding on that fight. It's heavy, the weight of the world is in your hands. And it's SCARY, too. The visual effects in the giygas fight, and the music after the Devil's Machine breaks, are unlike anything else in the game. There's no part of Earthbound more remembered than that. And part of its brilliance is how DIFFERENT it is, in tone, to the rest of the game.
>>
File: 1362707139598.png (60KB, 283x319px) Image search: [Google]
1362707139598.png
60KB, 283x319px
>>25034802
I'm not so much of a mastermind that I can recreate something like the Giygas fight in text yet, I'm making fanfiction for two threads on an imageboard. Technically what I meant by peeks besides actual foreshadowing are scene shifts. There's meant to be a change of perspective at the end of chapter 1 which vaguely gives you an idea of what kind of problems persist in this area that the partners are going to. However, I haven't technically gotten to that part yet and I'm wondering if it should really be there or not. It may not be needed considering that chapter 2 is meant to be cut in two halves in exactly such a fashion. If I do decide to hold on the scene shift then chapter 1 might not be much longer than 7,000 words.

It's certainly a very tricky issue, one that I'm not going to have much a problem with once the plot finally hits the actual characters like a cinder block.
>>
File: new game.jpg (57KB, 388x294px) Image search: [Google]
new game.jpg
57KB, 388x294px
Started sky today

Can't wait to find TM 13 so I can teach them ANCIENTS
>>
>>25034969
>Skitty

U IN FO A BAAAD TIME
>>
>>25034969
HAVE FUN BEING FOREVER A NORMIE WITH THAT ABILITY FRIENDO
>>
>>25034969
>Skitty
OH BOY
YOU'RE GOING TO FEEL IT NOW
>>
>>25034985
>>25035025
>>25035033

Normalize cant be that bad?
>>
File: 1443587438782.webm (111KB, 300x220px) Image search: [Google]
1443587438782.webm
111KB, 300x220px
>>25035042
Please post as you progress
>>
>>25035042
The only upside is STAB on everything, which is nice once you get Blizzard.

Otherwise, it's rough. May as well try a few dungeons and see how you fare.
>>
>>25034969
Are you trimming armor by any chance?
>>
>>25034843
Nevermind I had an epiphany

Rough is getting done tonight
>>
>>25035216
>tfw empty your entire belly searching for one traveling Pokemon
>>
>>25034566
FAQ maker here, you're welcome.

check out the other guides if you plan on playing the older games, I wrote most of them
>>
Are there shops in destiny tower? I forgot to bring money but feel too lazy to restart.
>>
>>25035042
I've heard Skitty be considered as at least decent. Normalize means no SE attacks, but STAB is stronger than SE in Sky, and it learns Blizzard.

Feel free to ask for rescues if you want, not to brag but I can take on any rescue
>>
>>25035281
Okay nevermind. I got my satiated looplet stolen somehow and have to restart.
>>
>>25035228
I always ended up having to eat an apple just to keep searching and would always find them the moment post. It's better to just switch to a different party member and keep looking since they'll restore all of your party's bellies once you find them anyway.

>>25035306
There's shops, I made nearly 15k on just my DT run alone anyway.
>>
File: new game2.jpg (48KB, 388x294px) Image search: [Google]
new game2.jpg
48KB, 388x294px
>>25035141

Finally got a D Claws drop
>>
>>25035324
>These fuckers getting D Claw drops and shit
>I couldn't halberd some Tz-Tok-Faggots for a single damn obby shield for a week
>>
>>25035324
>>25035337
Is there a reference i'm not getting?
>>
>attacks miss all the time
>third dungeon and I'm already facing enemies who can fuck me with status/disable

Jesus this is definitely harder than the others.
>>
>>25035346
Old school runescape
>>
I finally got my mudkip to level 41 and learned hydro pump, is there any other moves I need to get from mudkip or marshtomp, or am I golden and I can finally get my sweet mega powers?
>>
>>25035382
From what I was told Megas are worthless in Mystery Dungeon. I've been too much of a pussy to try it myself.
>>
>>25034743
Make that 6.
I thought that Sniv/Fen was a popular combo?
>>
>>25035382
You're good to go, though the real benefit from evolving is STAB on Earth Power
>>
File: WVW69izbBxUDr5zlaZ.jpg (89KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
WVW69izbBxUDr5zlaZ.jpg
89KB, 400x240px
>get a hold of a ton of elixirs, big apples, and wands
>avoid any combat by going FUCKING FAST + Tunnel
>any bad situation could usually be solved by Dizzying Stare + Comet Punch
>everything else is wanded away

BASED HITMONCHAN. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXQH6hT_Fcc
And with that I've achieved 100% completion. I had a lot of fun with SPMD even if Sky's story is still better.
>>
>>25035967
Holy shit, add Hitmonchan (with a little luck) to the list of 'mons that can pull this off. I didn't think it could, especially with the lack of room-clearing moves.
>>
File: 1433351246593.png (1MB, 1400x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1433351246593.png
1MB, 1400x1050px
>>25036285
>(with a little luck)
In Sacred Ruins, EVERYONE needs a little luck. Although I'll admit that the Primeape that Seismic Tossed me to the stairs was pretty darn lucky.
>>
Why would ANYONE want the Warp Looplet? It's utterly useless. It doesn't trigger reliably, and it just warps you away from your team, away from the stairs, and just away from everything, and not even when you want it to.
>>
>showdown mountain
Shit. Where's a good dungeon to get reviver seeds?
>>
It's a good thing Hoopa has its drawbacks.
>>
>>25035967
>>25036451
are 99 floors dungeon better than the other games?
>>
No special event/dialogue after connect to all 779? Fuck nintendo.
>>
What do you anons think about the first pmd red and blue?
>>
>>25037662
Gameplay-wise, fantastic. Not as strong a plot, but it has the definitive postgame of the series along with Super.
Most clunky interface.
Recruitment system could be better balanced.
>>
>>25031091
February come fast
>>
>>25037623
>nintendo

>>25037662
Nice gameplay, more interesting postgame dungeons compared to Explorers, frustrating when your pokemon go back to their area whenever you come out of a dungeon, enjoyable story. not being able to make your parter(s) eat stuff without throwing it at them might confuse you if you're used to the newer games.
>>
Should I play Super as my first PMD game, or will it spoil me for earlier games not being as polished/fun?
>>
>>25036931
In my opinion, no.

They're much more luck based, with random overpowered enemies thrown into there. At least in ZIS they were consistent with enemy power, save a few outliers
>>
File: SAVE ME.png (156KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
SAVE ME.png
156KB, 270x270px
>mfw the second visit to Revelation Mountain and the Abyssal Badlands
I THOUGHT THE DIFFICULTY SPIKES ENDED AFTER POLIWRATH RIVER
>>
>>25038465
It's only natural for a game to get harder as it progresses. Also spoiler that shit nigga
>>
>>25038494
>want to avoid spoilers
>go where spoilers are
>read the reply before reading the original post
>read a spoiler hoping it's not a spoiler
>the spoiler is that the post i have yet to read has a spoiler
thank you anon ^__^
>>
>>25038292
It'll spoil you bad.
Start from the start to see how it even caught so many people to begin with.
>>
>>25038292
Gameplay's easily the best in the PMD series, though the story, while easily better than any main series game, is considerably weaker than Explorers and Gates. Note that PMD is considerably more story heavy than the main series.
>>
File: 1451092601171.gif (999KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
1451092601171.gif
999KB, 250x251px
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>Sawk used Rock Smash!
>>
>>25035967
Can i get a little more info on how the run was?
>>
>>25037662
It's fun, but as it was the start of PMD, there were problems. You could only recruit 3 pokemon max, any more and you need to escape orb out.

You could have 3 more pokemon join the team in Friend Areas, but you could not ever ENTER a dungeon with 4 pokemon, unless the 4th was an escort.

Some pokemon are bullshit hard to find and recruit. I get Chansey's supposed to be rare, but EXEGGCUTE?

Smallest inventory holding space really hurts, you'll constantly be at the cap.

The rewards from missions are fucking trash. How about an escort to floor 88 of Purity Forest for a Torment TM? Or a rescue at floor 79 of Wish Cave for a Max Elixer?

Pokemon take so long to level up, also. Despite all these problems, it's still a fun game. The buried items in dungeons are generally pretty good, adding a little something into the game that is absent in SMD.
>>
>>25038741
>but you could not ever ENTER a dungeon with 4 pokemon
What? How would that happen?
>>
>>25038831
Alright lets say you're a Mudkip, and go out and add Torchic, Zigzagoon, and Oddish to your team.

You can add all 3 of those partners just find, but the second you try to enter a dungeon?

>"There are too many pokemon on the team. your team must be reduced by one member."

So, you can only enter a dungeon with up to 3 pokemon. You can RECRUIT a 4th pokemon in the dungeon, but that's the only way to get a 4th inside a dungeon, outside escort missions.

Escort missions existing are the only reason i got for why that 3 party member limit was imposed.
>>
>>25038864
Isn't that because of the star size thing? You need to use the right Pokémon, I guess it's trying to stop you from using a team full of legendaries or something
>>
>>25038870
Nope, the game straight up wont let you use Four Pokemon in a Dungeon, unless there's an Escort or you recruit one Mid-Dungeon. Size has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>25037763
>>25038095
>>25038741
Thanks for answering.
>>
>>25038870
No, the star size thing is different. The limit in Sky is 4 pokemon, OR a maximum of 6 Size stars. Meaning in that, if you took a Palkia and Articuno, that's it, that's your 6 size stars.

In Red/Blue it's 3 pokemon or 6 size stars.
>>
>>25038875
If you havent played Blue, i'd still recommend it. You won't be recruiting everything, but it's worth going through.
>>
>>25038873
Strange, I never noticed it. I guess I never actually used for Pokémon outside of GtI.
>>
>>25038879
Red was the only pmd I played to 100%. Just wanted to know your opinions.
>>
File: 1399182547103.png (247KB, 579x329px) Image search: [Google]
1399182547103.png
247KB, 579x329px
>>25038704
With Close Combat and Focus Punch, Hitmonchan's not the best fighter. But the real MVM is Agility, which Hitmonchan learns at Level 6. With double/triple speed you can run from pretty much everything, granted that you don't step on any traps, run within enemy sniping range, or get sandwiched in a corridor.

The most notable moments I can recall were finding a Thief TM that I actually had to use to fight off a Haunter, a Primeape tossing me out of a sandwich, and accidentally Stayaway Wanding a Gyarados right on top of the stairs. The last floor was an amazing play though.

>stuck in a dead-end room with mons pouring in through the only exit up north
>instead of fighting them I say fuck that, equip my spare looplet with Tunnel, Agility twice, and run towards the left wall
>and then I dig
>and dig
>and dig
>through sheer luck the room I come across is completely empty and has the stairs

I may have been awful at combat, but the evasion game was absolutely crazy.
>>
>>25038887
oh shit you actually recruited everything?

I'm still 7 mons away, got Rapidash, Exeggutor, Slowking, Blissey, Skitty, Delcatty, and Jirachi
>>
>>25038876
So, after all having three Pokémon at max wasn't really something new in PSMD, they just went back to how it was in Rescue Team and took the size stars away.
>>
>>25038923
You can still use only 1 giant mon in SMD.

I wouldn't mind the 3 mon team as much if there was a way to get pokemon to not go on break.
>>
>>25038890
Thanks for the info, i'll be sure to mark it down in the guide.

Once i wrap up Blue i might get back to that dungeon
>>
>>25034375
No idea on rain, but for sun I've used fire type with heat wave+ Cherrim+ lilligant. Cherrim is the sun setter, lilligant is cleric and attacker, and the fire type having heat wave (and generally one other fire move) boosted by sun AND it's Sp.Atk boosted by flower gift kills basically everything. You can set the rest of the move sets to coverage/cleric/status or whatever you want really.
>>
>>25038989
Oh and make sure lilligant has chlorophyll, Lucha tokens and evolving petilil
>>
File: 1450895268600.jpg (20KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1450895268600.jpg
20KB, 184x184px
>mfw Submerged Cave as a Fire Type
>mfw Water Pulse Spam literally everywhere
>mfw not even my Level 50+ Cunt Destroyers can rescue me after getting bullshitted by a Rain Dance Lumineon
>>
>>25034646
What does he say when you say no? No way I'm restarting any time soon, I'm only at like 56% complete
>>
>>25039025
See >>25034743 pic, basically he apologizes really bad for almost leaving you behind and getting angry at you as he assumed the Beheeyem were angry at you for your childish pranks, to the point you'd rather stay there with the risk of being attacked again instead of going to his place, and then he kneels and goes like "I'm sorry, please, come to my place.".
>>
Hey, when do I gain access to Togepi/Togetic/Togekiss?
Togekiss in particular is one of my favorites.
>>
>tfw you get a 6x exp team going for the first time
It's weird putting Gengar, Unknown, and Jolteon in a team but I made it work somehow.
Rolling in that XP. Went up by 4 or 5 levels each.
It's a shame that I usually only use my Squirtle, Pikachu and Victni though.
>>
>>25039741
togepi is postgame
togekiss is a wandering 'mon you can find randomly in dungeons
and i'm not sure about togetic. i feel your pain, the togepi line are my favorites.
>>
>>25039921
I just got Togetic in one of the later Sand Continent dungeons. Forget if it was a mission or wondering mon.
>>
>>25039021
git gud
>>
>>25032901
This might be one of the Top 5 best songs of any Pokemon game.

This game would be so great if it reused less of the mediocre Gates songs and had more plot in the postgame.
>>
>>25040857
>mediocre Gates songs
They're pretty good. And changing them to whatever song you like better is pretty easy.
>>
File: fennekinsuper.jpg (19KB, 293x335px) Image search: [Google]
fennekinsuper.jpg
19KB, 293x335px
>>25034743
Fennekin fits the partner role so well I can't even begin to imagine playing the game with any other Pokemon as the partner. I don't even want to evolve her even though I normally love Braixen. I didn't evolve my characters in the older games either though, I get too attached.

I just wish the game went on a little longer. I'm enjoying just going through dungeons in the postgame but Sky's plot content stretched out about 15 more hours than Super's.

>>25040900
>changing them to whatever song you like better

Explain.
>>
I still feel like the easier recruitment is a double edged sword. On one hand, it takes a ton of frustration out of the game, but on the other, you 100% the game far quicker.
>>
>>25041021
>you 100% the game far quicker

You mean you 100% the game at all. I don't see the appeal in 100%ing the old games. Ludicrously tedious, and unlike the main series no way to carry your progress into future games

Meanwhile the connection orb just lets me get all my bros and rescue /vp/ with them. I like that system more
>>
Is excavation looplet worth it? It says that it lets you see the sparkles... but you can already see the sparkles. Does it just show it on the map like normal items?
>>
>>25041021
I feel like the previous method was kind of pointless awful padding to begin with. Never even wanted to 100% the Pokedex on the old ones, just clear all the dungeons.

But I'm not totally in love with the new system. I'm so sick of watching the whole CONNECTED animation. Everything in this game just goes kind of slowly, loading screens take way too long, I don't know if that's improved on N3DS or not.
>>
>>25041021
I'm at about 80 hours and have only connected with 285. I'm probably going slower than I should though.
>>
>>25041072
60 hours in, and I've only got about 80 connected.
There is no mercy in Super Mystery Dungeon.
>>
File: 1452835562182-2.jpg (25KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1452835562182-2.jpg
25KB, 500x375px
>>25041072
>>25041084
You fukin wot?

By 70 I completed the postgame, what the fuck have you two been doing for so long?
>>
>>25041089
I-I enjoy exploring the dungeons...
I haven't even entered a 'super difficult' dungeon yet.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
>>
File: 1448262613952.png (278KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1448262613952.png
278KB, 600x500px
>>25041037
>>25041050
I can see where you two are coming from. God knows recruiting everything in Blue is a pain in the ass.

I feel like my complaints about it comes down to the fact that the treasure hunt is basically the whole postgame, save for Connection Orb missions. I know it's great to actually be able to GET SMD's equivalent to Goggle Specs/Tight Belts, but it all feels a little too easily gotten.

One major problem for me is the fact that the level 5 dungeons have no reward, outside of being able to come here and say "Hey guys I beat Sacred Ruins!" Your only reward is being able to screencap that "dungeon complete" screen.

And then there's the fact that there are no random missions to begin with. Sure, a lot of the missions netted you fuckall in the older games, but then you'd get the great ones, the ones that net you things like Vitamins, Joy Seeds, and maybe even an escort that leads to two chests that could have a Golden Seed inside.

All this stuff just feels like it hurts the game in the long run

>>25041072
Took me 200 hours, and yeah, that's a lot, but i let the game sit for quite awhile at times. It's just that even with that much time, i've still gotten less playtime in this than RT and Sky. I'm not trying to shit on SMD, I really like the game, I'm just conflicted with how i feel about it i guess. There's no doubt it's better than Rescue Team, though.
>>
>>25041095
>Not sure what I'm doing wrong
You're not entering the 'super difficult' dungeons
>>
>>25041072
>>25041084
I'm 34 hours in and I've connected with 375.

But I pretty much only do expeditions when I can finish 3-to-5 missions at once.
>>
>>25041099
I also have left mine idle a bit, probably more like 70 hours if I'm honest, but whatever.
>>25041103
Well, I like to use the lower level pokemon too, and they can't go there. And I hate fainting, but also hate using items, and also hate spending money on items. I'm just a 'save everything' kind of person.
>>25041104
I do that when I can, but like I said, a lot of the time I like to use the weaker pokemon, and at this point, all the easier dungeons have no more connection opportunities.
>>
>>25041099
Yeah I agree with all of that. It's not the recruiting that's bad so much as the lack of random missions. Sky just did things better. Also made you get more into the role of a heroic exploration team, I feel like. In Sky you're tracking down criminals, in Super it's just "help me beat up this guy i don't like".

The dungeon mechanics work great though, best in the series yet. It just all needs to be transported into a game with better fundamentals.
>>
>>25041099
I think the biggest advantage that the connection orb had over the old recruiting system was that it made each recruit feel a little more personal. They each get one or two lines of dialogue, you get to see each recruit's relationships with other recruits, and so on. It made it feel more like you had actually befriended someone rather than just picked up some faceless nobody off the street and added them to your army

But finite missions really hurt the postgame, as does the lack of postgame story arcs. I really think the connection orb could have been put to better use in this regard, with mini story arcs told across a couple sequential recruiting missions
>>
>the disappointment when you do a mission and it connects you with 4+ Pokemon
>all the missions that could have been
>>
File: 1433384107601.jpg (821KB, 2184x1588px) Image search: [Google]
1433384107601.jpg
821KB, 2184x1588px
>>25041117
I would have liked IQ in the game, albeit in a less grindy method. Possibly spending all that leftover cash on skills, with something of a skill tree? I dunno, but grinding Gummis took awhile. The dungeons themselves were fine. The dungeons aren't as deep, but each floor is longer to compensate. Being able to rescue randoms off the internet would have also added some longevity, i never got to help others back when Sky came out, since my DS couldnt connect to the internet

>>25041127
I can agree with all of that

>>25041134
It feels good the first few times, until you realize that it means less missions.
>>
>>25040935
Torchic. The partner is perfect for Torchic practically.

Riolu is also a viable argument.
>>
>>25040935
>>25041298
Chespin best partner.
>>
>>25040935
Especially how they act early on, I find it hard to imagine the partner as a girl. I'd vouch for something like Charmander or Chimchar or Riolu.
>>
So what happens when you connect with all Pokemon avaible? No more missions at all or you still can do tasks for Pokemon for some rewards?
>>
File: Ellie-Up.png (691KB, 1000x561px) Image search: [Google]
Ellie-Up.png
691KB, 1000x561px
>>25041349
>I find it hard to imagine the partner as a girl.

It's pretty well done that both genders are extremely possible for this scenario (Boy or girl, we're not going tumblr here). You have the village troll, someone who essentially is annoying and just does whatever the fuck they want, hell, I'd almost vouche they were even more as a girl because they want to be understood or some shit.

Hell, I'm reminded a bit of Ellie from Up. Notice how she's adventurous all throughout her life but Carl essentially "matures" her through being her friend.

Also it doesn't make the class room feel one sided down to espurr and deerling.
>>
hey guys. any idea how to get solrock?
>>
>>25041438
>Reminding me of Up
>Reminding me of the first couple minutes
>Now associating that scene with when you lose your partner
Fucking didn't need these tears man.
>>
File: asamifreakout.gif (703KB, 510x385px) Image search: [Google]
asamifreakout.gif
703KB, 510x385px
>>25041454
>mfw I realize your ARE playing Up
>A quiet relatively "normal" Pokemon meets a "wild and crazy" Pokemon and become best friends and seek adventure
>Seperation scene
>They grow up and perhaps make kids or can't
>>
File: Don't cry.jpg (42KB, 416x302px) Image search: [Google]
Don't cry.jpg
42KB, 416x302px
>>25041472
>SMD is the entire beginning of Up
Now I'm double sad
>>
>>25040935
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks to you I realized my PSMD romfs dump was incomplete and I spent some time trying to extracting it again. Sadly I'm not finished with it and I'm a bit tired now. I wanted to tell you the exact folder structure, but I can't now.
The game uses the standard 3DS sound format (BCSTM), you can easily convert (or download from http://smashcustommusic.com/gamelist) music in that format and mod the game to make it use the ones you want. BCSTM is also the file used by Home Menu themes, so you can also use the ones from http://3dsthem.es if you want. I put Spinda's Cafe music instead of GtI opening as a test. It's kind of funny.

Of course, you need either CFW or HANS to do this (the latter is a bit harder to do though, as it requires you repacking the whole romfs).
Right now I don't know what the music folder is in Super, but I'll make sure to let you know.
Check this if you want to know what to name your BCSTM files. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaaAXqy1XjbsWkTM3StjreaNsVbsg3m0r
Example: If you want to change the shop music, you rename your file to BGM_DUN_SHOP.bcstm and put it in the right folder.
I'll try to help you if you need it.
>>
>>25041681
Ah, I thought you meant there was some kind of function in-game that let you change the music.
>>
>>25041701
I actually considered that, don't worry.
>>
File: gen4 NPC mugshots.png (2MB, 1728x1024px) Image search: [Google]
gen4 NPC mugshots.png
2MB, 1728x1024px
Portrait anon here back from the dead. Here's the Gen IV portraits.
I got caught up with all the 3DS piracy after it was unleashed.
I'll have the Gen V portraits done sometime tomorrow.
>>
>>25042102
Mega luke has no emotions?
>>
>>25042105
Mega Garchomp and Abomasnow are the odd ones out here. None of the other megas have any expressions beyond the neutral one.
>>
>>25042102
Cherrim literally has no emotions
>>
>>25042349
You can just barely see its left eye from the bottom right corner of its mugshots.
>>
>>25042102
are you extracting them with unfarc?
>>
>>25040935
Female Pikachu fits the partner role pretty well I'd argue.
Pikachu's are pretty scampish Pokemon, but also very sweet (and somewhat naive).
>>
File: sacrebleu.jpg (66KB, 284x384px) Image search: [Google]
sacrebleu.jpg
66KB, 284x384px
>super releases February 19
>>
Which game would say has the best characterized partner?
>>
File: 1403524565904.jpg (38KB, 521x388px) Image search: [Google]
1403524565904.jpg
38KB, 521x388px
>>25042875
>He's not pirating it right now.
>>
>>25043098
>pirating the one good game of Generation 6

I actually feel kind of quilty for this
>>
is there a list of how to get all of the connections?
>>
File: 8af035ffae42a7bc2e6e01e4441c9f79.jpg (733KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
8af035ffae42a7bc2e6e01e4441c9f79.jpg
733KB, 1024x768px
>They call me Gilbrand.
>Your partner and a random Aegislash are the only Pokemon in the world with names
>>
>>25043190
It's sort of complicated so I don't think anyone has done it. Is there a specific one you're looking for?
>>
>>25043213
Solrock
>>
>>25043216
I haven't connected with Solrock yet either. It's near Regigigas and Diancie, so maybe one of them needs to be connected first?
>>
>>25043237
That's what I thought guess I'll need to gear up to fight regigigas
>>
File: 53865307_p0_master1200.jpg (166KB, 700x589px) Image search: [Google]
53865307_p0_master1200.jpg
166KB, 700x589px
>>
>>25043206
If aegisslash has it one could make the assumption it's a decision based thing in their world
>>
>>25043104
I plan to buy it when it is actually released though.
>>
Warning: Major Spoiler
So it turns out Nuzleaf is the one turning everyone to stone and that he's working with Yvetal? Whoah. I actually didn't see that coming. Though it makes sense now that I look back at it. He happens to stumble across you in the wilderness and takes you to the village and encourages you to get stronger and break the rules and explore so he can eventually lure you to the spring. It makes sense now why he told you never to go anywhere, and why he visits you at the expedition society. He wanted to make sure you wouldn't stray away from him
>>
File: image.png (489KB, 675x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
489KB, 675x800px
>>25043546
Well...you were played from day 1 as a response to dark matter wanting to "win" this time. We had a theory that you essentially are:

if you havent beaten the game dont move on with this spoiler: "Link" and your partner is the "Zelda." Its the idea you and your partner are reincarnated agents from something in the attempt to defeat dark matter.
>>
>>25043559
Nonono. I'm not going to read the rest of the spoiler. I'll find out once I beat this fantastic game.
>>
>>25043546
Woah, this is very interesting.

DIDN'T READ LOL
>>
>tfw you managed to scrape through revelation mountain with just your starter left.

I thought I was a gonner. But putting Ice Beam on my Squirtle saved my ass.
(And also barrage of course)

I will say though Ominous wind is a horrible thing to encounter. I will have to make a habit of carrying TWO revive all orbs and tons of revive seeds from now on.
>>
File: image.png (478KB, 600x871px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
478KB, 600x871px
>>25043586
>ice beam

Its like a standard to grab that when you hit lively town as a water type
>>
File: Hariyama.jpg (75KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Hariyama.jpg
75KB, 500x500px
I started playing Red Rescue team. I'm gonna finish the story (if there is any), but once I do, should I just go straight into Super Mystery Dungeon or are there any I should play before it?

And how far before I can start getting more pokemon than just me and my partner?
>>
>>25043586
Drifloon, as always, are murdermonsters between Unburden, Ominous Wind, Minimize, Acrobatics, and other fuck-your-day techniques. Avoid at all costs, and try to pack petrify wands.
>>
>>25043104
Pirate it and then buy it when it comes out in Europe. Not that it matters, it's Pokémon, it sells regardless. I still don't understand this 3 months wait ;_;
>>
>>25043638
You should definitely play Explorers of Sky before Super.
>>
Better/worst starters for PSMD?
>>
>that Monster House with the Delibirds

What the fuck, why can they teleport around? Is it just a thing exclusive to them?
>>
>>25043753
That's how they visit so many houses in one night
>>
>>25043206
i never noticed that photo before
>>
File: wario_0.jpg (39KB, 511x415px) Image search: [Google]
wario_0.jpg
39KB, 511x415px
Major spoils You play as a Pokémon.
>>
File: 1443650973158 - Copy.jpg (39KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
1443650973158 - Copy.jpg
39KB, 640x428px
>>25042102
>Fucking happy Rotom Grass
>>
At least one hour of playing this game has been exclusively watching the fucking Connected animation and reading the awful flavor text accompanying it.
>>
>>25043609
>Started as Totodile
>Made it all the way to Yveltal
>Still no Ice Beam

That explains why I'm screwed here.
>>
>>25043931
>not just using ice fang

How, totodiles starting movepool alone makes him probably the best water starter
>>
>>25043638
You can after Mt. Steel i think
>>
>submerged cave
To have a torchic partner is to suffer. Where do I farm reviver seeds?
>>
>>25044145
I wonder how far off am I from it then. I've only done a couple missions.

>>25043693
What's so good about Sky?
>>
New thread when?

>>25044654
Sky improves upon everything Rescue Team did, and it renders Time/Darkness obsolete, think Platinum compared to Diamond and Pearl. The only thing RT has that Sky doesn't is Friend Areas.

>>25044495
Hit up Pelliper Island, or check the OP for some reviver seed codes
>>
>>25043640
The worse part, is when they throw an Ominous Wind as soon as you take a step of the stairs.
It's like a giant "FUCK YOU!".
>>
I feel so massively underleveled throughout the storyline lol. I'm level 22 in chapter 15 and I'm having to rely on all sorts of items and shit just to survive, even with roids

Wat do? I mean, how do I get the story to slow down a little so I can grind up some and stop being bad and not good
>>
>>25044687
>The only thing RT has that Sky doesn't is Friend Areas.
I think the postgame dungeons in RT are more interesting than Sky, since the latter doesn't really have a reward that feels worth it or really have nothing special. They have more story though, at least.
>>
>>25044817
You're expected to have to use lots of items. My Snivy/Fennekin team spammed Stayaway Wands all through Fire Volcano Island, and I'd gotten stupidly lucky with a motivated Unown earlier and cranked myself up to 28 by the second Revelation Mountain trip. The whole thing's a clusterfuck. Just bring as many Stayaway, Petrify, and Guiding Wands as you possibly can.
>>
>>25044825
Well, it has that i guess, granted the story was pretty loose
>>
>>25044817
That's better than me. My starter and partner are level 20-ish, and I'm on chapter 20.
>>
File: 1451762933158.png (189KB, 396x934px) Image search: [Google]
1451762933158.png
189KB, 396x934px
>>25043729
>>
>>25045331
Too bad Charmander gets absolutely shit on in Submerged Cavern unless you fill your entire inventory with Sleep/Warp/Petrify Seeds, Wands, Orbs and Reviver Seeds.
>>
>>25045331
Why are Froakie and Snivy in Bronze tier? I'm a bit worried about that since Snivy is my mc and Froakie is my pc.
>>
>>25045380
Snivy doesn't really do much spectacular shit besides lob Energy Balls, and it's really difficult to even get that far efficiently. Leaf Blade and Wring Out are fairly decent but there's a TON of things it can do that everything else does better.
>>
File: 1453169332456.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453169332456.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>25045380
all the special water types are fairly even imo since they all get to use hydro pump/ice beam/water pulse eventually and snivy just doesn't have the coverage or movepool that the other grass starters get

If I made that image, I'd put chespin in its own tier because even compared to charmander it's really in a league of its own
>>
So, I have only two missions left, meet two legendaries, but I haven't connected to pokemon like Pidgey, Paras, Venomoth and others. Am I destined to not connect with these pokemon?
>>
>>25045416
>lob energy balls
And go without its best STAB, Leaf Blade? The fuck you smoking? Unless you're implying I have the resources to roid out the SpAtk stat on BOTH my starters, as well as roid out the Atk stat on Snivy.
>>
>>25045512
I used both. Maxed every stat. Didn't give a fuck.

I had a Fennekin partner so it's not like I was able to do anything much with so many fucking Heat Waves doing all the work. Plus you don't really need to absolutely max the stat for good damage to be dealt.
>>
>>25045462
No advice? Do I need to start over?
>>
Unf, that feel when Charmander and Mudkip go hand in hand.

>>25045546
Max is 255 right?
>>
>>25045552
Yepyep

>>25045462
>>25045551
You'll get em, calm yourself. Check towns for requests, recruit until traveling pokemon show up on your Connection Orb ticker, all that jazz.
>>
>>25045562
I did all that. I just don't have all the gold connection things yet. I've spoken to this pidgey five times in one town, but he still won't join.
>>
>>25045546
You have a good point. Given all the Calcium flying about (admittedly, a fair portion of it has been going to Ampharos too) I'm sure I could spare a bit for myself. Question is, though, am I willing to give up my boosting move for it?

...Ah, what the hell, sure. It's not like I have any other use for it.

>>25045562
This to be entirely honest family. They're probably either traveling Pokemon or randomly appearing in towns, which is a pain in the ass but what can you do.
>>
>burmy can evolve
How does that work? There aren't any gender (outside of Pokémon with gender differences and ones that can only be a particular gender).
>>
>>25045571
I never ended up with a boosting move. If I needed shit done I'd just take my support Cherrim and spam Helping Hand whenever I didn't need a party heal.
>>
>>25045571
Get 3 pokes, equip one with Water Looplet, boost 2 at once by throwing
>>
>>25045571
Pidgey and Venomoth are obtained by connecting to Cascoon, who is befriended via mission. Paras is obtained by doing Slowbro's mission. So >>25045462 needs to be on the lookout in towns.
>>
>>25045562
>>25045570
I'm Grand Master at this point. Do I still have a chance to see these fuckers that ellude me?
>>
>>25045599
Slowbro is connected to me, but not Paras?
>>
>>25045592
I know that trick, I'm not a moron. Why do you think I said "flying around?"

>>25045587
Coil's been surprisingly useful given the ability to make me actually hit because fuck the RNG, but eh. We'll see how I do.
>>
>>25045601
Of course, what makes you think you're on a timer?
>>
>>25045619
Well, I got Slowbro as a buddy, but he hasn't introduced me to Paras yet.
>>
>>25045612
Slight mistake on my part. It's a traveling Pokémon that appears after connecting with Slowbro.
>>
>>25045691
Persian, Pichu and a bunch of others I'm assuming are Travel Pokemon too, right? Those just appear in random dungeons and not just mission ones, right?
>>
>>25045708
Persian is a connection in Lively Town. Pichu requires you to connect to Togekiss.
>>
>>25045741
Well, Persian keeps hanging out in Serene Village. I think I fucked up and didn't get them when they were offered. I should start a new game.
>>
>>25045748
Right, so I only have the missions from Uxie and Zygarde. And a bunch of non-connected Pokemon What do?.
>>
I put off Lillipup's locked door mission for a longgggggg time, and then I finally did it. Suddenly I was able to recruit a bunch of town mons in the various towns. I think it was ~40 mons. Let this be a lesson to you anons.
>>
>>25045888
Well, I just have Zygarde and Uxie's missions available.
>>
File: Can't recruit.png (65KB, 545x528px) Image search: [Google]
Can't recruit.png
65KB, 545x528px
These are the 'mons I can't recruit for some reason.
>>
>>25038702
>enter the room
>Sawk is wailing on a wall
It feels like you've interrupted something private and personal
>>
new thread

>>25046088
>>25046088
>>25046088
>>
>>25043887
This. I'm so tired of that unskippable animation.
>>
>>25045972

A large number of these are travelling pokemon.

Legendaries are often encountered in a dungeon with their pic next to it. In fact, Reshiram and Zekrom are in a place where you ONLY have to battle them.

The genies are all in one dungeon, but they are like Heatran and will run once you poke them.
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.