[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst Pokémon type? I vote pic related.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 7

File: BugIC_Big.png (373B, 48x16px) Image search: [Google]
BugIC_Big.png
373B, 48x16px
What is the worst Pokémon type? I vote pic related.
>>
>>25028982

Strawpoll for you guys:

http://strawpoll.me/6573276
>>
normal
>>
>>25028982
Ice is worse.

Gen 5 saved bug types.
>>
>>25028985
>>25028987

Vote here: >>25028984
>>
Psychic

Fairy can do everything it can and better
>>
It's grass
>>
Water and dark
>>
>>25028987
Gen 5 really did Bug type justice. Ice is a terrible typing, it pretty much condemns any pokemon to be shit.
>>
>>25029032
It was good type to help on your team until Fairy was introduced, if only for Dragons. Now it's pretty useless compared to everything else.
>>
bug or rock
you literally already have fucking ground you don't need rock it's dumb
>>
Rock. Not only is it a bad defensive typing that can't have its weaknesses adequately covered by any secondary type, but its common attacks are all inaccurate (all physical ones) or weak (Power Gem) garbage, undermining what would be a good offensive type. I tried running monotype teams of various kinds and Rock was even worse than Ice.
>>
>>25029025
Water is one of the best types you double nigger
>>
File: 1449746975792.gif (204KB, 404x416px) Image search: [Google]
1449746975792.gif
204KB, 404x416px
>>25029025

> this anon probably voted Water
>>
Depends. I might go out on a limb here and say electric.

Being an electric type garuntees:
>A shit movepool
>An easily walled STAB
>A weakness to the most common physical coverage in the game
>A shit movepool.
>One, count it one, good resist.
>A shit movepool.
>Bad defences
>No recovery
>>
>>25029069

Vote on poll: >>25028984

You too, I didn't see your vote: >>25028990
>>
>>25028988
>>25029070
Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>25028987

Ice just took the lead over Normal.

I don't understand the Normal hate. It's a poor type but certainly not the worse.
>>
>>25028984

> 4 hours later
> Ice: 17 votes

Yep, /vp/ has spoken.
>>
Fire worst! flare~eon!
>>
I'd say the worst five are

Ice - too many weaknesses when most of them are slow defensive pokemon. Fairy does a better job of Dragon killing. Freeze Dry needs a better distribution.

Rock - too many weakneses when most of them are slow defensive types. Have horrible pairings with most typings (Rock/Ground, Rock/Ice, Rock/Steel being especially bad)
shit movepool, only really good moves being Rock Slide, Stone Edge and Power Gem

Grass - tons of pokemon resist their shit, tons of weaknesses, doesn't pair well with a lot of types (Steel and Water being an exception)
The resistance to powders does help a little

Bug - a lot of pre Gen-V bugs having dreadful stats and dreadful movepools. Way too many resists. However there are a lot of really good Bug pokemon (Scizor, Volcarona, Heracross, Scolipede, etc.) mixed in with the shit like Mothim and Dustox

Psychic - used to be the dominant type but the prevalence of Dark/Ghost type moves like Shadow Ball, Sucker Punch, the massive Knock Off buff hurt it bad. Fairy also does its job better for the most part by dealing with Fighting and Dark types while learning Psychic moves themselves
>>
My vote goes for Bug. While its defensive side is quite nice, its offensive side is shitty. Most of good Bug types are either saved by secondary typing or amazing abilities (sometimes by good bug moves too).

Rock and Ice Pokemon are worth mentioning as well for their craptastic tendency to be slow while having offensive typing.

>>25029970
>only really good moves being Rock Slide, Stone Edge and Power Gem
And Head Smash. And Diamond Storm. And Wide Guard. And Stealth Rock.
Hell, Rock Tomb, Rock Polish and Rock Blast have their uses. Most of Rock type moves are good.

I agree with the rest.

>>25029069
>A shit movepool
Electivire, Eelektross, Heliolisk etc.

The thing about electric Pokemon is that their STAB doesn't need much coverage (HP Ice pretty much covers everything that's not Rotom or Magnezone) and they have their own mementum move.
>>
>>25030082
Wasn't counting status moves as their type is largely irrelevant

Head Smash I actually forgot was a Rock move

Diamond Storm I didn't count because only one pokemon has it
>>
>>25028984
>eletric
>>
File: 62e8863662f85c70dd9a513c42f622ae.png (389KB, 840x1048px) Image search: [Google]
62e8863662f85c70dd9a513c42f622ae.png
389KB, 840x1048px
>>25028984
> http://strawpoll.me/6573276
> 30% ice
>>
Steel

There is no reason for it to exist
>>
>>25031647

Steel is like an upgraded Rock.
>>
Rock is the worst

which is unfortunate because there are a ton of cool rock pokemon
>>
>>25029069
>implying a resistance to steel isn't a good thing to have in Fairy vs. Steels: the Metagame
>>
>all these people voting for Ice and Rock
just stop, ice and rock are good offensive typings the only problem is that they make them slow and bulky instead (for the most part), just take Weavile or Terrakion for example

Bug is definitely the worst this gen with that pointless added resistance to fairy
>>
>>25031683
>there's a ton of cool rock pokemon
>i think rock is shit tho
what the what

>>25031647
>robots
>weapons
>magnets
sadly there's not a lot of any of those
>>
>>25032195
rock pokemon have cool designs but rock type is a shit typing for battling

what's hard to understand?
>>
>>25032204

Mostly because rock types have shitty special defense, am I right?
>>
>>25028982
Offensively, Poison type is the absolute worst type to have.
The only reason it is used at all is for removing fairies besides STAB, and even Steel type is favored for this job.
Flying does a much better job at keeping grass types in check as two of the most used grass types have a secondary typing that resists poison.
>>
Ice without a doubt. It's so fucking shitty another type is better at using its moves despite no STAB, and it even managed to drag an unrestricted 700 BST Pokemon down from Ubers.

Bug is pretty terrible too, probably 2nd worst, but at least it has SOME pros like Ground and Fighting resistances. Its users can also potentially get access to very rare status moves only balanced by shitty distribution if they're lucky.
>>
>>25028982
Ice is so shit that adding ice to another pokemon gives it a fuckton of new weaknesses.
>>
I actually don't think Bug is that bad, but that's partially because it has neat defensive synergy with certain types, plus STAB U-Turn is cool at times. Pretty horrendous offensively though. Ice is just dreadful, even if it's good offensively. Rock is the same to a lesser extent, although that at least resists Flying which seems to be ridiculous nowadays. Being weak to 3 priority moves really sucks though.
>>
>>25031825
Ice is learned by nearly all water-types.

Rock is learned by nearly all fighting-types and many, if not most/all Ground.

Also, thanks to protean, Greninja has one of the highest Sp. Attack stats of any Ice-type. Kyurem is a notable exception, which is incredibly sad because Articuno and Regice exist and are also legends and have SUB 100 SPECIAL ATTACK.
>>
>>25033025

Ice has my vote for reducing kyurem B to OU. Sure the lack of physical movepool hurts it, but being stuck with the Ice typing is literally the thing that broke Kyurem Bs back. Can you imagine if it was pure dragon? How broken that would be.
>>
>>25028982
Outside of the obvious ice and generic butterfly bugs I gotta throw mono grass types under the bus. Bless poison duals
>>
>>25028982
You're wrong on several levels. Design, effectiveness, statistics, and flavor are the ones that come to mind.
>>
File: heroe.png (202KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
heroe.png
202KB, 600x600px
>>25029123
Normal's tied for my favorite type. I can understand people finding it "boring" if they don't think about it too hard and forget all the really cool Normal types, but I can't understand people thinking it's bad. It's an absolutely great type defensively and all physical Normal Pokemon have access to a very hard-hitting and reliable STAB move without any drawbacks. Then they all get great coverage to get the type advantage when Return just doesn't cut the mustard.
>>
>>25028982

Gen 6 - Kyurem-Black and my bro Weavile are the only Ice types in OU (5.7% of all ice types).
Gen 5 - Cloyster, Kyurem-B, and Mamowsine (12.5% of all Ice types)
Gen 4 - Mamoswine and Weavile (11.7% of all Ice types)
Gen 3 - Cloyster and Regice (15.4% of all Ice types, disregarding snowy castform)
Gen 2 - Cloyster (10% of all Ice types)
Gen 1 - Articuno, Cloyster, Jynx, and Lapras (80% of all ice types, only Dewgong isn't in OU)

Ice types have been getting the shaft ever since Gen 2, although it doesn't help there's so few of them. Still, you'd be hard pressed to find an Ice type that wouldn't benefit from being a different type.
>>
>>25033412
chanseys been the end all be all representative of normal since release maybe tied with tauros
not many mons can say theyve survived 6 whole gens
>>
Psychic is just pathetic and obsolete
>>
>>25028982
Rock and Ice are the two shittiest types for sure.
They both get fucking destroyed by all the most common offensive types.

Rock has a severely limited move pool, so it's arguably the shittier of the two.
>>
>>25028984

> One day later
> Ice still double of Bug

Icefags BTFO
>>
File: dragon tears.png (186KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
dragon tears.png
186KB, 600x600px
Dragon
>>
File: blahh.gif (484KB, 500x419px) Image search: [Google]
blahh.gif
484KB, 500x419px
>>25028982
everybody knows it's fucking ice
>>
>>25038244

Well meme'd my friend. :^)
>>
>>25033412
Normal is also my favorite type. It's just so unconventional for a type.
>>
File: 1407330847270.png (247KB, 539x500px) Image search: [Google]
1407330847270.png
247KB, 539x500px
>Flying: 1 vote
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.