[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>2016 >IVs are still a thing remove this piece of shit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 127
Thread images: 13

File: hurr.jpg (34KB, 409x437px) Image search: [Google]
hurr.jpg
34KB, 409x437px
>2016
>IVs are still a thing

remove this piece of shit and make berry tastes/hidden power typing based on pokemon ID
>>
agreed. And make Hidden Power passable via Arceus plates during breeding or something
>>
>>25022066
I like this idea
>>
[Creature registered]
Name: OP
Description: Fag who can't figure out how to git gud at breeding
>>
>>25022086
>can't figure out how to git gud at breeding

That's the thing though. There is no "gitting gud" at breeding. It's all bullshit RNG that's a waste of time. And getting 6IVs + HA can still take too long.

They already made EV training way less annoying, it's time to do the same with IVs.
>>
>>25022097
It takes maybe 1 hour for the vast majority of pokemon

>HURR WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK FOR THINGS
>WHY CAN'T THIS GAME JUST GIVE ME EVERYTHING FOR FREE >UUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH
>>
>>25022100
and what am I to do with unbreedable pokemon?
>>
>>25022100
>It takes maybe 1 hour for the vast majority of pokemon

No it doesn't. I've done it enough times to know. Most of the time I either need 6 IVs or 6 IVs + HA. The only time I can go with just 5 IVs is with some physical attackers. And god forbid it's a fucking legendary that you need to SR a billion times to get legitimately. All IVs do is encourage hacking.

>HURR WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK FOR THINGS
Why DO I have to do chores with video games? I play this crap for fun, not to press different directions on a circle pad for hours. There are more productive things I can do if I want to do chores.

>>WHY CAN'T THIS GAME JUST GIVE ME EVERYTHING FOR FREE

No one is asking for the game to give you what you want for free. Even with IVs gone you still need proper EV spreads, natures, and moveset. What people want is for it not to be a ridiculously boring waste of time.
>>
>>25022102
Just soft reset fgt

they all have 3 IVs now anyway, it's very very easy
>>
>>25022102
What? Legends? There are three guaranteed ivs. You don't need everything to be 31 to make sure it's usable. Just aim for 20+ or high 20's if you're ambitious. Speed's the only stat that matters hugely.

Remember, damage output is randomized to an extent, anyways.
>>
>>25022106
>>25022108
this just furthers shows how IVs are shit if you need to make them guaranteed
>>
>>25022108
31 is still objectively better in most cases so there's no reason not to go for 31. The fact that you need to say "b-but that's good enough even though it's worse!" means IVs are shit because all it does is give hackers an advantage. Every stat counts in competitive, if stats can be min/maxed they should be min/maxed
>>
>>25022110
>>25022112
>pokemon is 2 hard 4 me 2 handle

Do you have an IQ of 40?
>>
>>25022116
EVs are """"""""harder""""""""""" than IVs but you don't see me complain about it

that's because they made EVs not shit, they have yet to do this for IVs 6 generations in

they just said "fuck it" for gen 6 and decided to give them to you some for free because they couldn't fix the shit system
>>
File: 1370290114032.png (28KB, 500x469px) Image search: [Google]
1370290114032.png
28KB, 500x469px
>>25022057
berry tastes are based on Nature
>>
>>25022116
It's already been said, it's not a matter of difficulty. It's a matter of poor game design because it's just boring as fuck and it's all luck and no skill.
>>
>>25022120
oh ya got it mixed up
>>
>>25022112
It is good enough. Skill at battling and luck are 99% more important than those three or four IVs. You might lose one battle in every three-hundred strictly because of your missing IVs. In other words, good enough.
>>
>>25022125
>It is good enough.

No it's not. The best stats are good enough. The whole point of competitive is maximizing your chance of winning. There is no in-between.
>>
>>25022131
Unless you have super-autism you will be fine with some IV's being off, but obviously, that's not the case for you.
>>
Removing IVs would help competitive but ruin many casual aspects of the game, it's really not worth it. They need to make some significant additions to Pokemon data to make them unique before thinking of overhauling the IV system
>>
>>25022139
no, if you didn't have super-autism you would just inject

I don't want IVs because I'm not an autist
>>
>>25022140
>They need to make some significant additions to Pokemon data to make them unique before thinking of overhauling the IV system

literally no one cares
>>
>>25022147
>I don't care so no one else does
epic
>>
>>25022151
I have never met anyone, both casuals, competitive players, or autists who care about pokemon "uniqueness"
>>
>>25022131
Winning is winning, less stats that win=good enough
>>
>>25022131
Alright, chump, here's the deal: if you have perfect ivs, you'll lose. If you have imperfect ivs, you'll lose. Move on. Or, maybe, don't use legends. That's another viable option.

Also, if you're raising all this hell over IVs being a bit off and you use 252/252/4 spreads, you're an idiot. Work on better EV spreads based on common threats, speed tiers, and damage calcs before you start complaining about your IVs being a smidgen off.
>>
File: lolo_by_ladymurkrow-d7ucoiu.png (386KB, 548x774px) Image search: [Google]
lolo_by_ladymurkrow-d7ucoiu.png
386KB, 548x774px
>>25022154
Besides people who love pokemon? So why shinies then?
>>
>>25022176
shinies have a visual difference
>>
>>25022180
Um
>>
>>25022183
yes?
>>
>>25022185
What did you think we were talking about?
>>
>>25022154
Because they're stupid and don't have the foresight to realize how Pokemon not having unique "genes" would ruin fundamentals of the game. If everything is the same then it removes a lot of incentives to trade and have your own unique collection. IVs are just a shit way to implement it since they affect stats, why is why it would be perfect if they find an alternate solution
>>
>>25022187
a visual difference serves as a trophy or showing luck or because the colors are cooler

uniqueness is having same pokemon be unique, gender and all included which is something I've never heard someone praise or strive towards
>>
>>25022201
Then why all the breeding
>>
>>25022218
what do you mean
>>
>>25022189
You know, given that mainline games will keep using 3D models they could easily make small visual differences between pokemon of the same species and remove IVs entirely.

>each pokemon has hidden values related to appearance
>apply slight tone/saturation/brightness changes to textures based on each pokemon values
>small changes to vertices of 3D models depending on those values too

For example, Pikachu could have 5 different shades of yellow and 5 slightly different sizes of ears and tails. This way you would have 125 different Pikachus. I'm sure everybody would prefer this to having millions of suboptimal combnations of IVs.
>>
Between natures, shinies, nicknaming, egg moves, and EVs for less predictable stat spreads

I think uniqueness is covered.

Between filling up the entire pokedex, to version exclusives, and trade evolutions

I think incentive to trade is covered.
>>
>>25022164
>Winning is winning

exactly, so you want the thing that increases your chances of winning

>>25022174
>Alright, chump, here's the deal: if you have perfect ivs, you'll lose. If you have imperfect ivs, you'll lose

But you'll lose more with imperfect IVs.

>Move on
By hacking? sure

>Also, if you're raising all this hell over IVs being a bit off and you use 252/252/4 spreads
I have no idea what you're going on about. Plenty of things are best with 252/252/4 spreads because they'd rather have two important stats maxed out.

>>25022189
>would ruin fundamentals of the game

It really wouldn't. Competitive players always use the same IV spread and the vast majority of casual players don't give a shit. Without IVs you still have

>any of the 700+ species
>nature
>EVs
>moveset
>gender
>ability

so tell me more about how these arbitrary numbers that decide how much your Pokemon is handicapped "ruin the fundamentals of the game." If anything I think IVs make the atmosphere of the game WORSE because now you have people breeding hordes of Pokemon and releasing them instead of just finding one they like and training it to be their friend. It goes against the entire message the franchise keeps spewing in our faces.

"A comparison would be looking at a datasheet on different dogs and deciding about the data on the different dogs and deciding which one you want based on that data -- that would be soulless." - Masuda
>>
>>25022243
What like in Stadium
>>
File: Seviper.png (93KB, 358x467px) Image search: [Google]
Seviper.png
93KB, 358x467px
>>25022246
>increases your chances of winning
If I was a pussy
>>
>>25022264
no, it's a statistical fact

but keep reaching
>>
>>25022266
Right, like you getting paralyzed by lick every single time
I'm sure you think that won't happen, don't you?
>>
>>25022273
get some better bait
>>
>>25022276
>bait
I never understood this. Don't we come to these sites ''to'' respond to people? This is no feat you have accomplished
>>
>>25022105
Simulators exist.
>>
>>25022278
Baiting is when someone makes a post with the soul porpoise of provoking a hostile reaction.
>>
>>25022249
Yes, but with more possibilities.
>>
>>25022292
Simulating random number generation sounds super fruitful -sarcasm
>>25022296
There is no way to be hostile, we are physically separate
>>
>>25022292
Yes. I know they exist. What about them?

If you're trying to argue that I should play this free simulator for a better experience over a game I have to pay $40 for, you're not exactly arguing in the favor of IVs.
>>
Apparently everyone is against IVs

You know, I had always figured stat growth fluctuated. A and B pokemon are both at level 5 but B has higher stats, so maybe if at level 10 A will have the higher stats. I just realized I never actually bothered to check
>>
>>25022297
I think they should just start with something simple like slight colour differences. Nintendo's handhelds are always last gen's hardware (the 3ds has less than 1gb of RAM), which is fine actually, if something is cutting edge and sounds 1 gen away it's really 2.
>>
>>25022246
IVs are what allow thousands and thousands of different combinations that ensure everything found in the wild is unique, it's not even comparable to things like natures and gender. But I'm not defending IVs, I've already it's a poor way to implement this kind of realism.

Also competitive players and casual players aren't exclusively different people, they are just different ways to enjoy the game
>>
>>25022057

I am against IVs because they promote massive breeding, which is against the "Pokémon are our friends" mentality.

I suggest in place that EV growth would become unlimited, but it's cost would keep rising exponentially: it would eventually become so slow that it would be unrealistic to keep training for stats.
>>
File: sameshitswampert.jpg (103KB, 607x531px) Image search: [Google]
sameshitswampert.jpg
103KB, 607x531px
>>25022057
Just

i
n
j
e
c
t

it.

Literally nothing stopping you from setting your IVs to whatever you want other than your autism.
>>
>>25022490

Not him, but are you suggesting hacking?
>>
>>25022490
I usually don't throw my thoughts in, but here, I will. In most cases, I'll get a legendary with 4 IVs after maybe three resets. That's good, especially if the other one is 20+. That's fine for competitive. I play against people online and in real life who inject, and I've never had a problem "settling" on IVs. I'm not against injection, I just don't have a computer to do it and don't wanna go through the trouble.
Is the Pokémon mechanically the same as if it'd been caught? Are it's stats possible in game? Then it's fine, do it. If you don't want to inject, you might have to put in a little extra work for that Landorus or Cresselia.
>>
>>25022490
Hacking shouldn't be a solution. What would you have said to this thread during the 15 months of gen 6 where you couldn't inject?
>>
>>25022121
But that's how the game is in general. If you're lucky enough, you can win against the world champion, even if you have no skill.
>>
>>25022542

Not true. Even if your every hit was a crit you would lose if you didn't use types well.
>>
>>25022105
>Why DO I have to do chores with video games?
If you don't want to fuck with IVs, then don't. They aren't necessary to play the game, one of the Pokémon that I used in X had all IVs <5, and I still smashed the E4 with it. And there's nothing that prevents you from going into a battle with a Mon that isn't 6IV.

>BUT IF I DON'T THEN I WON'T BE ABLE TO WIN BATTLES
Well that's just too bad isn't it? You can't to go into a MOBA, say "Builds are too hard, I'm not buying items" and then expect to solo the enemy team. Expect to put effort into any game that you want to play competitively. And no, EV training is not putting in effort, it takes no time and you can literally do it by just playing the game.

In closing, you don't /have/ to do anything, like posting here. Feel free to stop anytime.
>>
>>25022667

Not him, but what is the effort of breeding until RNG gives what you want?

MOBA builds and items are usually things that you work for, you earn with talents points, store huge amounts of money and get them. They aren't 'keep pressing this button, sometime you will get what you want'.
>>
>>25022690
>what is destiny knot
>what is everstone
>why do people refer to Pokémon as 'eugenics simulator'
Oh right, I forgot that there was absolutely no way influence IVs, and that it is 100% RNG. How silly of me. Maybe I should be think before posting, huh? :^)
>>
>>25022726

I think so too, because you didn't actually argue against the point:

> what is the effort of breeding until RNG gives what you want?

You just said that you can use RNG items (destiny knot and everstone are not guarantees) to make RNG breeding give the result you want faster. That doesn't change it's a random mechanic that doesn't require skill, just time.
>>
>>25022759
I literally don't know how phrase this any other way, so, spending the time to hatch eggs, determine if the offspring is better than the parents and switching if yes. That is the effort, I'm not sure how you qualify effort, so I'm sorry I can't give you the answer you want.

Let's assume that I'm wrong though. Let's assume that IVs do objectively suck, and that no one enjoys messing with them. We'll take them out, just like OP wants. With no IVs, every Pokémon of a species would have the exact same stats, with no difference other than EVs, which are negligible, since they can be reset and changed anytime. What's the point? So that you can have your competitive Pokémon handed to you on a silver platter? If the only reason you are playing is to battle other people is to battle, someone has already pointed out that simulators like Showdown exist. You can just set your perfect team there and battle. What benefit does the game get from making everything the same?
>>
Just inject your fucking polemon and STFU

Anyone who injects knows that the product looks exactly the same as something that was bred

Hell, i even take it one step further and spread my hacks in wifi general

>in b4 cheating in a childrens game
Yeah, yeah. I value my time
Havefun playing bike simulator though
>>
>>25022867

Technically everything requires effort, but what you are looking is for 'skilled effort'. Taking your example of MOBAs, it's like those bring X things quest where it's random the chance of getting one. There is no challenge, or better there is... and it is to just keep wasting time until game decides you are done.

In my OP they should make an overhaul of the EV system, since EVs require you to nurture your Pokémon. Or to give in game the option of upgrading IVs, even if it's hard: that way even a Pokémon with low IV may eventually become a competitive one.

Taking again your previous example of MOBAs, do like Talent building usually works: with enough work you get points and then it's up to you to use them as effective as possible.
>>
>>25022066
this, i have no problem with IVs but Hidden Power is a dealbreaker for me, that's why i'll never battle on anything besides Showdown
>>
>>25022057
then all your pokemon would have the same hidden power.
>>
>>25022490
>Windows 10 is a telemetry ridden mess with adware in the OS by default
>just uncuck it with enterprise + this powershell script!
>IVs are just an annoying obstacle
>just inject it!

I'm getting tired of fixing the poor decisions of devs desu senpai.
>>
>>25022964
As long as you have Dittos, breeding for hidden power really isn't that different than breeding for a 5IV
>>
Not using pkhex to make competitive mons and taking them to events where they pass the hack check. Cmon people! Just gen your competitve mons and breed the fun shit.
>>
>>25022490
Injecting, and playing competitively is very possible, but these retards HAVE to breed their shit and waste their NEET lives.
>>
>>25022307
>muh $ I paid for muh game

Westerners are lazy disgusting entitled pieces of shit, same thing every time.

Reminder this is how you ruin your MMOs, with your incessant whining and "give me everything for free I don't want to work for it it's MUH X BUCKS".
>>
>>25022759
>That doesn't change it's a random mechanic that doesn't require skill, just time.

Literally nothing in Pokemon requires "skill", stop with this stupid fucking meme.

It's an RPG made for casuals and children, you get rewarded by putting time into it as any other RPG. In fact, it's more luck-reliant than even most other RPGs.
If you don't like the concept of time = reward, then stop playing RPGs.
>>
>>25023283

Not true. Choosing types that complement each other weaknesses and combining moves require skill.

And that isn't true either to many 'good' RPGs. You may keep grinding but if you don't use the right tactic you will end up losing.
>>
>>25023306
>You may keep grinding but if you don't use the right tactic you will end up losing.

Still true for Pokemon. You can put the time to get perfect 5/6 IV spreads on your entire team, but you'll lose if the team isn't designed well.

The reward I'm talking about isn't winning a competitive battle, it's the power that comes with having a strong team. That requires time, not skill, and that's perfectly fine and standard for the genre.
You're not supposed to have a powerful team without putting in the effort and time, that's never how it will work.

In fact, if they remove IVs, they will have by design to add something else so that it's not literally as easy as horde training a wild Pokemon for 30 minutes to get a perfect Pokemon, that would be completely retarded and make breeding useless (which is already easy enough since gen 6 hands 31s like candy).
>>
>>25022057
Honestly, I think they should get rid of IV's and just make it so that the personality traits like "likes to run" change the stats of the pokemon, and that the PID changes minute traits about the appearance. For example, instead of having hidden IV's behind the scenes, the "likes to run" trait maybe increases speed by 5% but lowers the defenses by 2.5% each. In this way, the "always max everything out" bit of IVs is taken away, and it makes all pokemon a little bit different.

I'm not saying breeding for IVs is hard, it's just a pain in the ass and it does keep a lot of people out of battling online as well.
>>
>>25023250
Jokes on you I don't play competitively, I only breed for roleplay
>yeah gardevoir, yo baby gonna know Will-o-wisp
>>
>>25023283
>Literally nothing in Pokemon requires "skill", stop with this stupid fucking meme.
Then I'm sure can become #1 on showdown ladder automatically right?
>>
>>25023259
Already went over how you'd still have to work on breeding and that taking out IVs would only take out needless tedium.
>>
File: 1452818026007.jpg (158KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1452818026007.jpg
158KB, 500x450px
>people unironically using hidden power
>>
Is there something that randomly generates a team and you battle with what you are given?
>>
>>25022388
>injected pokemon are even more powerful since they can just set their EVs to the highest possible number the pokemon data can hold and just say you grinded a lot
>>
>>25023462
Showdown randoms
>>
>>25023486
If that's a thing why do we even bitch about IVs? I Seriously cannot believe this
>>
>>25023485
Isn't that how it is already, everyone has max stats and they're just banging trucks together
>>
>>25023524
Trying to use a pokemon with more than 252 EVs gets you autobanned
>>
>>25023535
Do you have actual autism I don't fucking care
>>
>>25023556
Angry?
>>
>>25022086
>Git gud at breeding

Breedings easy as fuck. IV's are still a stupid, useless step.

Removing IVs wont affect anything at a competitive level, as it's assumed all IV's are full to begin with (outside of TR teams and 0 atk for special mon's to avoid that extremely stray Foul Play).

Who gives a shit if it only takes an hour to breed fully? It's still an entirely useless feature. There's no purpose for their existance any longer.
>>
>>25022246
> If anything I think IVs make the atmosphere of the game WORSE because now you have people breeding hordes of Pokemon and releasing them

It makes it worse for you. I imagine myself ingame as a crazy scientist with the goal of manipulate genes of my Pokemon to make them better. There, the atmosphere is not ruined :^)
>>
>>25023516
see >>25022307

>>25024310
you're not manipulating genes though. You're just waiting until RNG god gives you what you want.
>>
>>25024321
Then a crazy, gambler scientist. I didn't use to like IV in gen 4. But now it's so piss easy I don't really care.
>>
>>25023040
IVs are not comparable to botnets, anon. They don't affect you at all unless you play competitive, and if you play competitive you have to be autistic if you're going to breed a full team from scratch when injecting is a thing.

>>25022527
Well I guess we wouldn't have any solution other than Bike Simulator, I know I spent a lot of time on it (but not a ton, I only had one full team after regularly going to giveaway threads), but now isn't then, and I can't see Gen 7 taking place on new hardware, at most we'd get something like Gen 5's DSi/3DS capabilities, so injecting should be a thing for all of Gen 7 as well.
>>
File: 1420591086315.png (86KB, 569x340px) Image search: [Google]
1420591086315.png
86KB, 569x340px
>>25022945
>Hell, i even take it one step further and spread my hacks in wifi general

I haven't done this but wanted to, and I'm glad someone out there is actually doing it.
>>
>>25022057
Do we just remove IVs or should they be replaced with something?
>>
File: 1384229248579.png (75KB, 500x285px) Image search: [Google]
1384229248579.png
75KB, 500x285px
>>25023524
>>25023556
If you could infinitely rise your stats every Pokémon would be able to have maxed out stats of 999 in everything (or higher if they raise the cap) with injection. The only thing that would affect battles are moves, ability, and typing, because the stat blocks would be exactly the same for every Pokémon.
>>
>>25025677
Remove IVs, reintroduce gen 1+2 hard stat cap, reintroduce stat Exp via battle, EVs are now an overcap via touchscreen gimmick games, Hidden Power random at capture/hatch
>gives purpose to minigames
>horde battles mass train stat exp not EVs
>bike simulator 3000 is no more
>breeding only for natures, abilities, egg moves, and Hidden Power
>breederfags btfo
>injection now for old eventmons/illegal sets/super lazy fucks
>will never happen because Game Freak is incompetent in their mechanics
>>
>>25025677
either works, but for safety just remove it because I can't trust modern GF not to fuck up
>>
>>25026092
Stat exp was fucking terrible and took longer than IV breeding and EV training takes in gen VI combined. Much longer.
>>
>>25022296
>porpoise
You're a fucking retard and I hate you. Go die
>>
>>25022867
>simulators like Showdown exist.
And what if i want to play an actual cartridge i have instead of some third party knockoff shit with self-imposed rules made by fat pedophile faggots?
>So that you can have your competitive Pokémon handed to you on a silver platter?
And what's the point of locking shit behind pure rng with no end return? And same species already have same stats if they have same IVs, which is usually the case for anything competitive outside of very specific 0 IVs for specific mons
>>
>>25022296
RETARD ALERT
>>
>>25022097
>being this bad
why don't you go play you-kai watch then you fucking causal
>>
>>25030945
>not wanting to waste time with something that involves zero skill makes you a casual

???
>>
>>25030945
>implying bike sim is the good kind of challenging

If you can even call it challenging. It's just dumb, monotonous padding.

You know what should be hard and challenging instead? The actual combat.
>>
>>25023183
i didn't gen the Dittos someone else gave'em to me who probably cheated to get them
>>
>>25022057
>unironically posting a meme anime

*throws up*
>>
File: 1453043622880.png (184KB, 409x343px) Image search: [Google]
1453043622880.png
184KB, 409x343px
>>25022057
>REMOVE IVS
>AD SECOND NATURE FOR EVERY POKEMON AND CALL IT A TRAIT OR SOME SHIT
>NOW NO MORE BAD IV SHITMONS AND EVERY POKEMON WILL BE VIABLE
>GAME FIXED
>>
File: 1422853086295.png (343KB, 704x400px) Image search: [Google]
1422853086295.png
343KB, 704x400px
>>25031388
meme animes are the best son
>>
File: 1452995913871.png (501KB, 680x435px) Image search: [Google]
1452995913871.png
501KB, 680x435px
>>25032228
>This could happen but gamefreak will never try something new and just stick to the same old tired formula.
>>
As someone who just plays singleplayer, I had IVs because they're a random element when it comes to difficulty, making it harder for GF to build a good difficulty curve. This gen they just stopped caring and decided to make your pokemon overleveled.
>>
>>25022388
Why not just have IVs raise automatically by level so that even something with 0s in everything can be maxed out at 100 through sheer effort
>>
>>25032440
>I had
hate*
>>
I hope Game Freak never listens to you fags. Unique genetics are part of what makes Pokemon cool. If you don't want to grind to get perfect Pokemon just play Showdown.
>>
>>25032228
>>25032402
It might be

>backwards compatibility issues
>the codebase is such an ancient and jumbled mess that to remove something like IVs you might as well start from scratch

I mean, they could still do it but that would take more effort than the programmers, producers, the devs, and those funding them are willing to put in. Especially with a deadline. Sad to say, but I think the only way this would truly happen is if Gamefreak and the franchise take a big hit financially. They'd either experiment to stay relevant or scrap it all together. Kind of gamble.
>>
>>25032505
>Unique genetics are part of what makes Pokemon cool

It really isn't, and is one of the most unfun ways to represent genetics. Those who know about IVs grudgingly accept them for competitive play because they have to and most everyone else will say

>What are IVs?
>>
>>25032539
It totally is. I like how Pokemon are like animals and each one you find in the wild is different, and you have to breed them for certain traits. Maybe there is a "more fun" way to implement genetics while still having an interesting level of complexity, but I can't think of one.

Casuals don't pay attention to IVs, sure, but there are people like me who understand the mechanics and also appreciate the roleplay and adventure aspects of the games. Even if IVs aren't a perfect system, I like the depth they add to the world and breeding system.
>>
>>25032603
I'd much rather have some visible distinctions between pokemon than arbitrary stat differences

Like color, pattern, or body part variations, with some only available through breeding

But like people have said that's way too much effort to expect out of GF
>>
>>25032539
>>What are IVs?
Only because they dont have an actual name like Shiny does.

But theyve ALWAYS made players aware of EVs at theleast,and IVs occasionally.

"Did you know that a trainer's Pokemon, even if its the same level, is stronger than a Wild Pokemon?" and "Even if a Pokemon is of the same species, they can be stronger than others."
>>
>>25022086
Breeding is a retarded waste of time.

There's a reason the top players in competitive just hack their Pokemon, or at least hack specific IV values on Dittos.
>>
>>25022100
and then there's breeding for hidden powers
>>
>>25024321
You don't need IVs within the game itself. I was only wondering why people who love to battle outside of the game don't play with random teams that already have all the stats.
>>
>>25025805
Right, and with the concern for IVs isn't that what is happening?
>>
File: 1391658857964.png (36KB, 672x614px) Image search: [Google]
1391658857964.png
36KB, 672x614px
>>25035820
No, it isn't. IVs have a cap of 31. The difference between a Pokémon with 0 IVs in every stat and one with 31 IVs in every stat is, at Level 100 one Pokémon will have 31 more points in each stat than the other. That's not remotely comparable with being able to raise every single stat to 999.

To give a comparison, here's a Mew using Earthquake (for a round 100 damage non-STAB move) on another Mew. The first Mew has the best possible IVs and the second has the worst possible IVs, and everything else is identical.

>0 Atk Mew Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 83-98 (26.7 - 31.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

And an attack from the other Mew:

>0 Atk Mew Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 62-74 (18.1 - 21.7%) -- possible 5HKO

Here's a calc where we give that first Mew 999 in every stat. I couldn't do that in the calculator directly, if you give Mew a BST of 255 and max out its Attack IVs the stat doesn't go beyond 609, so I had to manipulate it to 500 then give it Huge Power.

>16 Atk Huge Power Mew Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mew: 349-411 (112.5 - 132.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

And a counterattack from the other Mew (giving the first Mew Fur Coat to double its Defense stat to 1000 similar to above):

>0 Atk Mew Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Mew: 16-19 (4.6 - 5.5%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Having better IVs than your opponents gives you a slight advantage. Maxing your stat out to 999 while your opponent is using their naturally gotten stats guarantees you victory.
>>
>>25036955
Quick amendment, for that fourth calculation I forgot to change Mew's HP. I couldn't find any way to set it to 999 so the highest I could reach was 714, so the actual calc is even lower:

>0 Atk Mew Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 16 Def Fur Coat Mew: 16-19 (2.2 - 2.6%) -- possibly the worst move ever
Thread posts: 127
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.