[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whose ready for new game announcement?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 100
Thread images: 16

File: image.png (387KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
387KB, 640x1136px
Whose ready for new game announcement?
>>
File: Springboob Squirepantaloons.png (124KB, 358x272px) Image search: [Google]
Springboob Squirepantaloons.png
124KB, 358x272px
>>25019680
>Implying it won't be one of the following
"HEY LOOK IT'S A VOLCANION!"
"GUYS LOOK AT ZYGARDE'S NEW FORME(S)"
"OH GUYS HERE'S A COMMERCIAL FOR RBY ON 3DS IN CASE YOU FORGOT"
"BEHOLD! AZ FLOETTE!"
Or the worst case scenario
"Here's a Pokken Commercial :^)"
>>
>>25019848
most likely pokemon go since that's more of a mass appeal thing
>>
>>25019855
Im hoping for a 20th anniversary thing with an emphasis on GO and a new game.
>>
>>25019888
i think youre hoping for way too much

but that would be nice
>>
more then likely gonna be go
>>
>literally a $5million announcement.

fuck bros i want to believe
>>
It's gotta be go, especially considering the information blackout.
>>
Yes, they'll announce a new game in a short commercial only viewable to Americans instead of focusing on GO.
>>
when is the superball? Im gonna eat white castle on that day and wait
>>
>>25019680

Amerifag here. Unless a big announcement is being made in japan before or alongside this, I don't see it being any mainline game related or for anything about a single pokemon distribution that they can just post revealed online. Possibly GO since we barely gotten any info on it and they are already a month into beta possibly.

This is likely going to be a big commercial for Pokemon 20th anniversary in general for the Western audience and not a simple trailer/teaser for The next mainline installment. They could tease at the end it though, who knows. I do know though that you're asking for disappointment again if you're hyping it as usual like last several times of "MUH ZEH, DIS ISH IT GUISE." Bullshit.
>>
>>25020136
Feb. 7th
>>
Nintendo is paying this out of their pockets?

Damn, this has to be something really big.

I can't just be a Go thing, and it's definitely not Pokken.
>>
It is going to be GO
>>
>>25020845
I think it's just the Pokemon Company doing it
>>
It'll be Pokemon Go for sure, but I can definitely see the next game being announced on February 27th to coincide with the actual 20th anniversary date as well as Red and Blue on VC, as well as to ride the hype Go would have generated the previous week

I can also see them revealing a new mega like Greninja and announce him as a Pokken fighter to promote that too
>>
>>25021187
>revealing a mega pokemon on a super bowl commercial and then announcing it for a fighting game

fat chance
>>
>>25019680

Any idea how much they've spent on the commercial? I wanna know how excited I should be.
>>
>>25021211
this year the price is 5 million per 30 second block, so if they only go for 30 seconds they spent at least that much
>>
File: NEVER EVER.png (379KB, 1084x771px) Image search: [Google]
NEVER EVER.png
379KB, 1084x771px
>>
It'll either be some general timeline thing or Go
>>
File: onlytrashhere.jpg (25KB, 321x285px) Image search: [Google]
onlytrashhere.jpg
25KB, 321x285px
You speculate for weeks building up to the Superbowl. The day comes, and you plop down in front of the TV you've come to find yourself using less and less. You don't give jack shit about the two teams, and you watch before hand just in case.

The game begins, and you watch half-assedly. Whenever the game is actually on, you take breaks to piss or get more junk food, hearing bullshit words like "tight-end" waft to you from the speakers. But you're always glued to the screen for the commercials, damn straight. There are a shit-ton of beer commercials. During one of the breaks you count the ratio, and three out of five are for beer (well, one was for Baccardi, but that's close enough to count.)

You check the clock, and it is 56 minutes into this wretched heap of normiedom. Another break comes on. Miller's Lite. Frat boys are running through a garden maze on all fours like dogs, trying to get to the cooler of Miller's Lite. GoDaddy. A blonde bimbo does a strip tease, culminating in her holding a tablet over her breasts that reads "FIRST YEAR ONLY $19.99." You unconsciously sigh. At least there won't be another sappy, vaguely-feminist tampon commercial like there was a break or two ago. Sheesh.

A pokeball opens from a dark blue (black?) background. A CG Charizard roars. "POKEMON ARE BACK. NOW ON YOUR IPHONE OR ANDROID DEVICE!" You see Pokemon running, you think you make out a Flaaffy and a Poliwhirl. A Greninja shoots water. A Volcanion roars against lava eruptions.

You check /vp/. You scroll past the Phox Phriday thread (on Sunday) and see a thread of your companions complaining. You join them until an anon links a Youtube video of the commercial on the official channel. You rewatch it for some kind of hidden clue or symbol. Nothing.

You scroll down. There is a commenter named Jason Hardwick who has an avatar of Fluttershy. "Lol, nobody watching the Super bowl cares about Pokemon!", he says. It has two likes. He ain't wrong.
>>
>>25021309
most of the people watching the super bowl don't even care about football
it's an event, nobody watches the game, its just an excuse to eat shit and hang out on the couch. The only time the TV get unmuted is when the commercials come on
>>
>>25019855
Why people think it'll be ONLY Pokemon GO? It should be about 20 years of Pokemon so it wont be just Pokemon GO, sure it doesnt mean it will have any real news but it wont be about just one mobile game
>>
>>25021335
Sports are mostly dead except for gambling and/or fantasy or old people who haven't caught on the games are meaningless even to the players now.
>>
>tfw it's going to be shown during some retarded hours where I live
There is no chance they would announce a mainline outside of nipland, r-right?
>>
>>25019680
what has pokemon to do with america football please I dont know football but europe we play soccer..

and they didnt also show something.

Super bowl HAHAHAHAHA

Pokemon new game announcement

It WILL BE FUCKING NOTHING
>>
>>25019855

>pokemon go
>mass appeal

KEK, nobody gives a shit about this crap
>>
>>25021942
>what has pokemon to do with america football please I dont know football but europe we play soccer

because a lot of people watch football
>>
When Pokémon Z? Please let it happen on 7th February. My body is ready once more again.
>>
File: Old man yells at the sun.png (451KB, 783x509px) Image search: [Google]
Old man yells at the sun.png
451KB, 783x509px
>>
>>25021950
>Stop liking what I don't like
>>
>an event for american normies only
>not Pokemon GO

If you think anything else you're retarded.
>>
>>25021950
You underestimate the normie appeal

This garbage will make mass profits off of normie Genwunners
>>
>>25021950
You tried
>>
This will obviously be GO for mass normie appeal, but the best case scenario, which is quite possible, is that it ends with a very obvious hint for Z.

>Intro theme (as in, from the start of the RBG intro and the end of GSC intro) plays at the end of the ad
>Shows the boxart of all of the games fading into each other in chronicle order, celebrating all the history of the franchise.
>The theme ends of the ORAS and XY Boxart, which stay for a few seconds longer
>Suddenly, a few extra notes play, like in the end of the movie trailers, and the boxes disappear in a green flame
>>
>>25021950
lol
>>
File: chinese bart.png (93KB, 162x300px) Image search: [Google]
chinese bart.png
93KB, 162x300px
>>25021309
>POKEMON ARE BACK
The worst. It's like when people are recently going "WOAH GUYS! DIGIMON/YUGIOH IS BACK!"

it never went anywhere you normie fake fan fucks
>>
Red and blue remakes.

Its the only thing normies would care for
>>
>>25024969
>what is the Virtual Console release
>>
>>25019848
Or Kanto Remake.

God I hope not.
>>
File: img_04.0.png (236KB, 785x171px) Image search: [Google]
img_04.0.png
236KB, 785x171px
I want all 4 of these.

i own the red and blue from when they came out in the US a while ago.

I was thinking of importing yellow from PAL and green from JP.

i bet we might get the yellow one eventually, but we will probably never get green right?

anyone seen anything about these coming to the US?
>>
>>25024143
I like this idea, maybe even flash a giant Z on the screen for one frame and let everyone go nuts
>>
>>25024143
I'd like this. The ad'll probably be mainly Go with rereleases and Pokken in the corners.
>>
It's going to be a giant AR display during the halftime show were the whole field turns into a pokemon battle and shit, mark my words
>>
>>25021556
Nah, I was in highschool last year and everyone was talking Hockey. Could just be Canada though.
>>
>>25019680
Yours, I think.
>>
>>25019848
All things revealed.
I'm not banking on Z, or even go...
My ecpectations are low. But it is a international reveal apparently.

So something new.. Like pokemon plushes or some shit. Or Something funny haha cuz superboooooowl.

We will just have to wait to see... Or suprise leaks
>>
This is one of the worst waits for a new game, and it wouldn't be as bad if the previous game wasn't fucking terrible.
>>
post yfw Gen 7 is announced instead of Z
>>
>>25026222
I really wouldn't care because I don't like Kalos that much.
It still makes no sense for them to pass up the easy money selling a few million copies of a mod of an already programmed game though.
>>
File: 1452733883615.png (840KB, 630x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452733883615.png
840KB, 630x720px
>yfw it's just the first GO trailer and literally nothing new
>>
>>25026260
I kinda want that just to see the bitching around here.
>>
File: 1391374515721.png (153KB, 900x800px) Image search: [Google]
1391374515721.png
153KB, 900x800px
>>25026222
i really dont care what they do at this point. nomatter the result i will buy it and hope it will be more challenging and entertaining than previous games
it probably wont be
at least if its gen 7 we can get a new flavor of things for a while. gen 6 seemed nice but all in all i thought it was pretty meh
>>
>implying Superb Owls are birds
>>
>>25025396
>international reveal apparently

Wait what? That changes everything. Source?
>>
>>25020845
>5 million is a lot
literally peanuts
especially for the number of people who watch super bowl commercials
>>
File: 1446522717321.jpg (19KB, 179x265px) Image search: [Google]
1446522717321.jpg
19KB, 179x265px
>"Let's announce a big mainline game at a fucking sports event."

What kind of fucking thought-process is that

You people are literal retards
>>
File: are you satisfied.png (4MB, 2016x1608px) Image search: [Google]
are you satisfied.png
4MB, 2016x1608px
>>25026222
It'd cement gen 6 as one of the worst for sure, but at least we'd get a new game
>>
File: espurr.gif (881KB, 267x212px) Image search: [Google]
espurr.gif
881KB, 267x212px
>yfw after rereleasing gen 1 on the eshop they announce a second gen 1 remake

post yfw
>>
>>25026572
It seems to work for FPS games.
>>
>>25026260
why would they spend all that money on that?
>>
>>25026610
Pokemon Go is going to be a lot more profitable than the main games by far
>>
>>25026623
I hope it's not
>>
>>25019680
after XY/ORAS?
THEY NEED to do something godlike ala black 2 to redem themselfs.
I really hope is a new gen and not Z.
>>
>>25027211
>I really hope is a new gen and not Z.
That's dumb.
>>
>>25025062
The red and blue ones from the U.S. are different, they don't have the coloured buttons
>>
>>25027271
You're mom is dumb, fagt.
>>
I don't think it's going to be an announcement, but I do think it'a going to be a tease. The commercial is said to not be for anything in particular, only to encourage trainers to "train on." So it's probably not going to be anything worth note, but it's possible that there may be a small tease. Like at the end, after we think it's over, you see a flash of white, then 50% Zygarde's face appears mysteriously, then it fades to black and goes to the next commercial.

But, who knows? We won't know anything until it airs in February.
>>
>>25027271
What if it is a new gen and Z
>>
It's so obvious, that it will be Pokemon GO only. Normies who are going to watch Super bowl don't know jack shit about Z or whatever, it's so retarded to promote a new mainine game instead of something made specifically for normies.

This board only proves that it's only for containing shit from other boards.
>>
File: Pokémon Go.jpg (5KB, 192x144px) Image search: [Google]
Pokémon Go.jpg
5KB, 192x144px
>>25029784
Nah. It's Pokémon Go.
Pokémon Z is coming later on this year.
And 7th generation of Pokémon is coming late 2017 or 2018.
>>
>>25029891
It is Pokémon Go.
Pokémon Z is coming late This year.
>>
>>25026623
Nah.
>>
>>25026623
>X and Y had sold 14.15 million copies worldwide last recorded, not counting bundled copies
>OR and AS had sold 10.69 million copies
>Doesn't count the factor that people bought a 3DS/2DS SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of playing Pokemon

>Pokemon Go will probably be free, with microtransactions and ads
>Literally almost everbody has a decent cellular device for every reason EXCEPT Pokemon

I don't think you quite understand how this works. Then again, I probably don't either.
>>
>>25019680
Its going to be a more indepth RBY remake commercial.

Nothing would sell more at something like the superbowl.

They wouldnt bother with a new pokemon generation or Z trailer there, kids dont watch the superbowl, older folks do.
>>
>>25030130
If you can market it correctly and cater the game to normies, you can definitely bet it'll make money.

Case and point: that Flappy Bird game came out of fucking nowhere, and while free, the game was netting the creator $50,000 a day.
LITERALLY. FIFTY THOUSAND.

I hate capitalism, mostly because I'm not good enough to exploit it. :(
>>
>>25027271
Fuck you fagoot.
>>
>>25019680
It'll be GO, faggot.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 600x375px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 600x375px
Implying it wont be gen one remakes for the "new"3DS
>>
>>25033841
Still waiting on that Pokemon Yellow remake to play as Yellow
>>
>>25034250
Coming in 2027.
>>
>>25033086
Still, $50,000 barely scratches the surface in comparison to how much the main series games make. Go will definitely be profitable, but it won't make nearly as much as the other anon thinks it will.
>>
>>25026579
Thats not how you spell Gen 5 anon
>>
>>25019680
It's going to be a fucking retrospective.

New game NEVER EVER.
>>
>>25025062
i ordered all 3 (minus green) from my local gametraders the day it was announced.

they were all like "uh, it's only been announced like a few hours ago dude. i don't think they're in the system yet"

meanwhile, the other guy was on the computer typing away and then found them available for preorder like "yup they're here. how many you want"

>"ALL"
>>
>>25019848
>implying floette-eternal-flower would be a bad reveal
>>
>>25020845
>I can't just be a Go thing
Not with that attitude you won't.
You gotta BELIEVE!
>>
Guys what if it's Mega Flygon
>>
>>25036189
Clash of Clans makes over a million dollars a day and Candy Crush brings in over 400000. In a single day. That's a lot of money.
>>
>>25036189
We have to factor in the casual market. If GO actually ends up being good, you have normies that'll eat it up, and those are more likely be willing to shell out for microtransactions.

And unlike flappy birds, this isnt coming out of nowhere. It's Pokemon, after all. Putting Pikachu on the cover is guaranteed an easy mil, even if it's just Red and Blue jerking each other off for six straight hours.
>>
>>25019680
It's more than likely gonna be a GO commercial.

>Huge amount of regular people stopped playing during gen 1/2
>Typical response when asked if they play Pokemon is "wait, they still make Pokemon games?"
>A fucking load of normal people watch the super bowl
>Advert features nothing but gen 1 Pokemon, Pokemon who they'll be familiar with/won't be potentially "scared off" by designs they don't know
>>
>>25036603
NEVER

E V E R
V
E
R
>>
>>25036625

I love this normal people meme.
>>
>>25019680
I bet it's Pokemon GO.
>>
>>25019680
Are we not expecting it to be similar the 20th video that came out a few days ago? Announcing all the new stuff for the 20th + Pokken/GO in 2016?
>>
>>25036684
No, because that makes no sense. Everyone who is in the loop already saw that. The Super Bowl ad is going for a new target, to bring back all those 90s kids who are now in their 20s with cash to spend on childhood nostalgia. If it's anything other than GO, the VC re-releases, and the special edition 3DS, I'll be pretty surprised.
>>
>>25036655
>Typical response when asked if they play Pokemon is "wait, they still make Pokemon games?"
Do you think a person who plays video games outside of Fifa and CoD is going to ask that?
>>
>>25026623
Hi John
>>
>>25019680
ebin
Thread posts: 100
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.