[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Even Drayano's hack of this game is easy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 7

File: ORAS.jpg (134KB, 530x318px) Image search: [Google]
ORAS.jpg
134KB, 530x318px
Why is 6th gen so easy? Why isn't experience split in half anymore? If I switch out a pokemon for another, both pokemon get full exp? No status damage out of battle, the game easily tells you wild pokemon locations, PSS is just OP in general, Super Training, just holy hell at the handholding
>>
>>25018930

Super Training takes longer than regular EV training
>>
>>25018939
Super Training is passive. You can have your Pokemon doing it while you run around or leave it idle. Normal EV training is also insanely easy now by just using sweet scent to attract low leveled hordes.
>>
I thought /vp/ was just shit posting when they hated on this game but it really is boring as all hell when you're doing single player
>>
>>25018947
no it's not, getting punching bags is passive but you have to play minigames for evs
>>
>>25018930
> Why isn't experience split in half anymore? If I switch out a pokemon for another, both pokemon get full exp?
to keep kiddos from only leveling up their starter 20 levels above the rest of the team. and before we start with EXP share, it is your choice to use it.
>No status damage out of battle
poison was the only one that did that it was was annoying at most. it made nuzlockes more difficult but other than that it didn't add anything.
>the game easily tells you wild pokemon locations
so does bulbapedia, and they don't throw it in your face when you enter a route. it's your choice to use the map feature and see these things.
>PSS is just OP in general
your choice
>Super Training
your choice, also EV training is easier anyways.
>just holy hell at the handholding
the game is created for children who may need this handholding. all games have become more handholdy in the past couple years, not just pokemon.

There are plenty of reasons to dislike gen 6/ORAS (wild encounters not being fixed, gym leaders not using their emerald teams, etc.) but you're picking literally the stupidest reasons to complain about
>>
>>25018939
Is it just the same values as training, it isn't separate like vitamins?
>>
>Grinding is good

I don't understand this fandom
>>
>>25019041
>There are plenty of reasons to dislike gen 6/ORAS (wild encounters not being fixed, gym leaders not using their emerald teams, etc.) but you're picking literally the stupidest reasons to complain about
Hes talking about a hack not fixing base issues you dumb fuck
>>
>>25019112
This fandom likes "challenge" and any game with a sense of casuality is instantly a terrible game, that is except their precious BW2 that has a "story" that can barely be called that.
>>
>>25019112
Just like grinding your girl in any other rpg, we're building our relationship and growing stronger together
>>
>>25019133
>implying I even like JRPGs
>>
File: Kid1.jpg (44KB, 230x560px) Image search: [Google]
Kid1.jpg
44KB, 230x560px
>>25019142
>Jrpg
Is there any other kind
>>
>>25018930
Drayano's ORAS hack is balanced with you turning the Exp. Share off, you should be aware. If you want an ORAS hack that's balanced around you using all the OP shit in Gen 6, I think Star Sapphire is built with that in mind.
>>
>>25018930
perhaps you should consider not playing children's games next time
>>
>>25019112
Anon please. It's true that you can grind to Lv. 99 or whatever the cap is in almost any JRPG and steamroll everything. Difficulty for games of the genre are typically built around you playing naturally, and the difficulty of each boss relative to what level a typical player, one who goes around fighting whatever encounters they're given and doing some sidequests but not sitting there actively grinding or running away from every single thing, forms a level curve.

ORAS has a very low, flat difficulty curve if you play it "naturally" using all the shit you're given. If you turn off and set some other restrictions you can give yourself some challenge, but I don't really like using that as a defense because then you'll get people saying shit like "Mario's really hard if you never press the A button!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc_xUKnw7Z8 There are other JRPGs out there that are moderately to very challenging if you play naturally without grinding.

And I do need to acknowledge that there are JRPGs that are pretty much impossible if you don't grind so it's clear you have to grind to beat them, but I'm not talking about those and those aren't the ones that should be emulated.
>>
>>25019164
WRPGs, Action RPGs, Tactical RPGs...
>>
>>25019228
ayy
>>
>>25019127
Sounds paradoxical, because Pokemon is a casual game where a way too large portion of its fanbase ignore the basic rpg elements in the first place. That's how easy it has always been, that you can solo the entire single player story with your starter.

Things like grinding are "challenging" for the wrong reasons too.
>>
>>25019228
Maybe you should consider not being a child.
>>
Drayano's hacks were never too hard, Blaze Black 2 on Challenge Mode was hard as fuck the first few gyms, but got really easy later on.

Play Star Sapphire, it never lets on and keeps ramping up until the ridiculous Delta Episode. Bring lube.
>>
>>25019228
The day the the faggot who tried to evolve a luvdisc calls anyone out for playing a kids game ia the day the mods need to start implemnting permanet IP bans
>>
>>25020977
The only thing I don't like about Star sapphire Is that you can't catch all 721 pokemon. It's pretty nice to be able to catch any mon once you're done with the game.
>>
>>25021308
I understand why he didn't touch wild Pokemon though, the feeling that everything you catch and train will be 100% legit and usable in your main online save file is very appealing, at least as someone who is currently going for 100% National Dex.

It does feel a little unfair when you consider random Picnicker trainers are pulling out exotic Sinnoh mons you can't get and gym leaders are using Entei and shit, though.
>>
>>25021383
Ah, yeah it is a plus for online play I guess, but I tend to just use Sp honestly, Plus I've got a normal Omega ruby Cartridge in case I ever go online. I'll probably consider trying Star Sapphire eventually just to see if it's super tough. I'm guessing it will be if I consider Neo-Y to be tough. but I have a low qualification for difficulty.
>>
>>25018930
They really need to bring back Gen V exp system and EXP.Share. Seriously, what were they thinking?
>>
>>25021966
I miss the old EXP Share. I liked leveling up a specific Pokemon without making my entire team massively overleveled
>>
>super trainjng during the main game
>>
File: 1449119656741.png (209KB, 584x604px) Image search: [Google]
1449119656741.png
209KB, 584x604px
>>25024076
>super training at all
>>
for some reason I end up way more underleveled in gen 6 than any other gen except gen 2, although thats due to the obvious problems gen 2 has.
>>
>>25024094
What did you do? Turn off EXP share, rarely catch new Pokemon, and skipped most trainers?
>>
>>25024099
all those except skipping trainers. I almost never fight wild pokemon in any of the games too
>>
File: smug wojak.jpg (35KB, 518x483px) Image search: [Google]
smug wojak.jpg
35KB, 518x483px
>>25024083
This. Just use hordes, senpai. Or bypass it altogether and :^)
>>
The games are a bit less challenging but they've added cool stuff and made it easier to get into the multiplayer stuff, which is where the actual challenge of Pokemon has always been
>>
>>25024315
>which is where the actual challenge of Pokemon has always been

There's no reason it should only be in multiplayer, the game has so much depth and it's all 100% wasted in braindead auto-win content.
Difficulty hacks can do a lot already, GF could do even more (better AI etc)
>>
>>25018930
>If I switch out a pokemon for another, both pokemon get full exp
I told you guys this is a much bigger cancer than Exp Share ever was, but you wouldn't listen.
>>
>>25024355
>you can GENERATE exp out of thin air by gradually switching your entire team into a battle
>switching 6 times for every enemy mon is technically the only way to not waste any exp

GF went full retard
>>
>>25024344
you're right, and I hope GF listens to the feedback from their older audience and increases the difficulty curve in Z (like they did with Platinum) or Gen VII. But I like what they've done with this gen otherwise.
>>
>>25024369
I'm more salty at the fact that gaining full exp removed the risk element the previous games had. Do I risk KOing this high level Pokemon with my underleveled shitmon and gain full exp or do I switch out and only gain half of it? Shit like this is what made Nuzlockes fun in the first place. Now it's just not the same.
>>
>>25018930
>No status damage out of battle
you do realise that was gen V doing, right?
>PSS is just OP in general
how so? you mean the O-Powers? They're not that much more OP than X-items
>Super Training
ridiculously tedious and generally not worth the effort in-game
>>
What about this video;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgQc4ZkVeMY
>>
>>25019245
>JRPG
for the 3ds?
>>
>>25024369
The exp share already generated exp out of thing air in Gen VI.
>>
They should just ask you if you've been playing for 20 fucking years when you start a new trainer.

Just make a hard mode, it's not complex.
>>
>>25024676
I actually haven't played any 3DS JRPGs (or any JRPG made in 7th or 8th Gen) other than Pokémon since there are a ton of older ones I'm still trying to play, though I do want to pick up Bravely Default and its sequel if the latter ever gets localized. I don't think the genre as a whole has been casualized too bad, though.
>>
>>25024355
This.

I think there's a lot of minor or major changes you could make to unfuck Gen 6, but reverting this would be the quickest and easiest one with the biggest impact.

I don't even hate the new EXP Share, I just wish we still had the old version as well, for catching up a single underleveled Pokemon.
>>
>>25024939
>I don't even hate the new EXP Share, I just wish we still had the old version as well, for catching up a single underleveled Pokemon.

Completely agreed. All they need to do is change the Gen VI one to EXP All and then add the old EXP share back.

I pisses me off how gamefreak completely disregards us players that like to keep their team level balanced.
>>
>>25024724
And if they were really scared kids would choose the option, just fucking put it in some setting option in the main menu. Kids would just go straight to new game but most pokemon veterans would have heard about the hard mode.
>>
>>25019121
Perks you have the option of not using and turning off are not "issues".

The new features, or handholding as some call it, are mostly to keep people's interest in the game instead of finding it too grindy and ditching for a phone game.
>>
>>25025192
Yeah, I know it's autistic as hell, but I really do try my hardest to keep my team evenly leveled.

...And when I have to backtrack from fucking Mauville to Dewford to pick up an Aron because it can't be caught without a Mach Bike, that really grinds my gears.
>>
File: 1453028451830.jpg (67KB, 570x661px) Image search: [Google]
1453028451830.jpg
67KB, 570x661px
I don't follow the Japanese Pokemon fandom too actively.
Did they also complain about how insanely easy these games have become through Gen VI?
>>
>>25019245
Everyone's capabilities are different though. Some people suck at Mario and some need to restrict themselves for any sort of challenge. Its already faggoty of adults to demand Gamefreak cater to them instead of kids who probably need the extra boost from exp all, instead of said adults being mature and just turning it off.
>>
>>25025246
No, they care more about which girl is best girl.
>>
File: 1364632189536.png (95KB, 1650x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1364632189536.png
95KB, 1650x1080px
>>25025252
If I could beat Pokémon Blue just fine when I was five, kids these days can beat Pokémon XY and ORAS today without the game handing them OP shit without them even seeking it out. At least we had to look for the Legendary birds or go through the Safari Zone if we wanted something super powerful like Tauros.
>>
>>25025268
That's what I don't understand, and it doesn't just apply to Pokemon.
They are kids man, not braindead mongoloids.
Respect the intelligence of your target audience, even if they are just kids.
>>
>>25024724
Remember Challenge Mode from BW2? And then you could only unlock it for the post game unless you hack it in...
>>
>>25019041
>to keep kiddos from only leveling up their starter 20 levels above the rest of the team.

but that's actually the easiest way to beat the game
>>
>>25025279
>>25025268
>not braindead mongoloids
the target audience, that being children, while not really a question of intelligence, does not have any patience whatsoever. they don't want to grind or sit for some time, some time being even 3 minutes, figuring out a puzzle. they don't want challenge they just want the end result. This is why mobile apps are so popular, which are of course notorious for being piss easy worthless wastes of time that give instant gratification with no work put into it at all.

Pokemon is and has always been aimed at children, if the game doesn't change to suit the current target audience it doesn't sell. So yea, for Pokemon, that means handholding and being generally easier to get results. these games have never been horribly hard or even moderately challenging and probably never will be.
>>
Requiring tedious grinding = difficulty

I guess GSC are the most difficult games because the fucked level scaling
>>
>>25025489
Well Game Freak's not going to win that way. If kids these days are that attention-deficit, then no matter how much Game Freak dumbs it down there'll always be some mobile game that just throws a win at you if you buy from their cash store, Game Freak's not going to match the mobile market without abandoning the handheld console market entirely and just making the mainline games on mobile and letting kids buy Lv. 100 Pokémon at $5 a pop. Fortunately Nintendo acts as a barrier to that with how much of Pokémon they own, but my point is this kind of movement will just drive away their secondary audiences without winning back their target audience. I'm pretty sure the majority of Pokémon fans in the west are adult or at least late teen anyway, Japan probably still has more kid fans than adult fans but they also have Yo-Kai Watch selling almost as much as ORAS over there if I remember correctly.
>>
>>25025570
>requiring

You people keep using that word. Are you really so awful at video games that you can't beat fucking POKEMON without your team being five levels higher than your opponent's?
>>
>>25025246
Probably not to the degree of the West. It's like MH in terms it's more of a social fandom; that said most serious trainers over there play competitive to some level if the post game facilities don't appeal to them.
>>
>>25025588
He's probably that one faggot who uses "artificial difficulty" unironically.
>>
>>25021966
Most players complained that they couldn't easily grind themselves up to mindless levels of strength with the Gen V exp scaling

Regardless of what we may prefer or want to believe, most players leave EXP Share on the whole time and enjoy being ridiculously overpowered
>>
>>25025588

Grinding is required in GSC for E4 and Red.
>>
>>25025664
Not if you git gud and have basic knowledge on how to build your team. I've beaten late-game battle in ROMhacks with a twenty-five level difference between me and my opponent.

Hell, you want to see some real shit?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFVSk7oTHBw

This guy beat Silver with a cheat code that prevents him from gaining experience, the above vid is his battle against Red using what are essentially freshly caught Pokémon.
>>
>>25025573
>what is Pokemon Go
That's the direction the series is going. They know main series games are pretty much done for kids. They'll still dumb em down though incase some get interested in main line games from their newly formed mobile market. handheld gaming is in serious danger outside of Japan, yes the 3ds is doing fine but for how long? It's not just Pokemon either, all games are having to match the mobile cancer movement. It's not about retaining your audience anymore, it's about entertaining them long enough to make a buck.
>>
>>25025782
>main series games are pretty much done for kids
(citation needed)
>>
>>25025489
>it's for teh kids they are dumb with no patience

Stop saying this bullshit. Pokemon was never grind heavy, and it has ALWAYS been for kids. We were kids when we started it and had no trouble beating our first pokemon game as a kid. Kids are not the brain dead idiots you Gamefreak cocksuckers say they are jfc.
>>
>>25025664
No it isn't you scrub faggot. Shops sell healing items for a fucking reason
>>
>>25025799
oh grow up, as if you don't know this. they are literally pandering to casual players to a T. maybe i was a bit too free in saying that its over for kids but seriously, do you honestly believe kids these days are looking at Pokemon first when they get a game?
>>
>>25025825
Yes
Maybe not in the numbers of RBY, but the industry has matured since then.
>>
>>25025807
did you even read the post? cause I can't stand what game freak is doing. doesn't make it any less true. you're missing the point, it's not that they're incapable of beating it it's that they don't want to, too much work.
>>
>>25025747
>using body slam on espeon instead of shadow ball

I'm amazed someone that retarded managed to pull this off to be honest family.
>>
>>25025840
Actually he explained it in the description.

>Espeon is the main threat in this battle. He OHKOs everything on my team besides Snorlax who fails to OHKO with Shadow Ball. What's worse is that Espeon also runs Reflect, laughing at Shadow Ball damage. This didn't occur on this attempt, but did so consistently on the previous ones, so I went for Body Slam instead, hoping for paralysis so that my other Pokemon could outspeed Espeon. Paralysed Espeon is still faster than Lax of course, but I also gave him a Quick Claw.

>Espeon went for a Psychic instead, and I had no luck with paralysis, so I switched out to sacrifice a useless Pokemon, then sacrificed another one while restoring Snorlax's HP with Hyper Potion. I expected a Reflect again, but got him by another Psychic this one time. Should've gone for Shadow Ball I guess. I had to repeat the sacrifice procedure yet again.
>>
>>25025839
Not him, but my problem with how GF is handling Gen VI is that they can cater to both (see Gen V) but choose to ignore the audience that enjoys a challenge completely.
Thread posts: 76
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.