[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pre-patched romhacks: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aoz b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 304
Thread images: 60

File: purify.png (326KB, 619x462px) Image search: [Google]
purify.png
326KB, 619x462px
pre-patched romhacks:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46f42aozbdoba7i/AADUmKHucw-_Yv9w-53u4utoa?dl=0
https://mega.co.nz/#F!7YIlVRDT!jKoKP6CelJvpA85D_yolmg

>Nuzlocke Info
http://pastebin.com/12STviC1
>Links to official games
http://pastebin.com/WAC4ePwU
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Romhack Links
http://pastebin.com/bcPxpEQT
Most if not all of these are dead.
>Emulator info
http://pastebin.com/T6G4xScj
>Difficulty list
http://pastebin.com/X2pMb0ed
>Nuzlocke Ruleset Generator
http://emmaramirez.github.io/nuzlocke-generator/

>Pokemon Nuzlocke images
http://www.mediafire.com/?sxu318m9an5ulbm
>Pokemon Bank Sprites
http://www.mediafire.com/?ueadxvt1f52m0md
Additional Templates
http://www.mediafire.com/?vmfck3jdowgn472
>This includes
>All Pokemon images by Ken Sugimori
>Nuzlocke Templates
>Boxed image sets
>Badges
>>
Woo, first update in like half a year

Fantina's Mismagius was very threatening, but thanks to Mai's bulk I was able to take it down. On to Veilstone.
>>
File: bruh.gif (3MB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.gif
3MB, 400x225px
>>25018479
tfw I got a male combee in my last platinum nuzlocke

also just wiped on Watson in Cuck Emerald, not sure what I want to play next...any thoughts? I like GBA better than DS but i'm learning toward Sacred Gold.
>>
I keep wiping on the second gym in Blaze Black, everything on the gym leaders team has Retaliate. My usual three mons get destroyed by a successive series bidoofs avenging each other.
>>
Anyone up for another Cuck run

livestream.com/thejollyflyingman2
>>
Platinum nuzlocke is going relatively well (cant be assed to make pic so)
>Hoover the wormadam (trash)lv.25
>Kenshiro the Monferno lv.25
>NIGGERS the bibarel lv.25
>Cheese the Clefairy lv. 25
>Batoto the Golbat lv.25
>Luftwaffe the Drifloon lv.25

I'm about to take on fantina, I've got faith that Hoover will tank her mismagius, and ive got Batoto ready to fuck up her haunter with bite, this should go smoothly
>>
>>25017800
Star Sapphire is hard :/
>>
File: IMG_20160117_020559479.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160117_020559479.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
>>25019933
>>
Idk if this is the place to ask this, but does anyone know if Pokemon Sage can work on an emulator for mobile devices?

Or a mobile device at all?
>>
>>25020010
I think there's an emulator that can allow that sort of game to run on mobile, but it's extremely slow and buggy Just like how it is on computers
>>
>>25019941
How? I've never heard of Star Sapphire but I'm just baffled at how you could let this happen.
>>
>>25020117
Technician + Tailslap/Bulletseed
>>
>tfw lost my highest party member (level 40 Medicham) due to missing two HJKs in a row
>Lost Mantine due to a crit
>All against a trainer's torterra
>It wasn't even Crasher Wake, but one of his underlings
>Lost Wormadam (with those decent defenses) against Barry
>Lost Magnemite (on the brink of evolving) to a crit bubblebeam from a Tentacruel

If I would have lost my Adamant Nidoqueen w/ Shadow Force/Head Smash, I would have quit. Now I need to refill my team with shitmons in the PC (although my "rotom" was Mewtwo).
>>
>>25020117
>>25019933
>>25019941
>nuzlocking Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire

I know you thought you could be cool and ignore the rom hack's creator warning about not nuzlocking the thing, but really, fucking don't, DON'T.
It's designed so your Pokemon faint in gym/rival/ace battles, it's balanced that way and is pretty much the hardest experience you can have in a single player Pokemon game under the limitations of the current AI.

If you want to do it and waste your time, go ahead, but expect to waste dozens of hours grinding the same trainers to overpower all the crazy bullshit the hack throws at you by a lot, and you'll still die.

I'm playing a normal playthrough and giving it my all and it's not uncommon for me to get blackouts fighting random route trainers (and that's avoiding Ace Trainers, because fuck those guys), it's definitely made with a trial and error approach of brainstorming what you can do to counter the shit getting thrown at you, that's what makes it fun to play but also what will make it unbearable to nuzlocke.

The point of Nuzlocke even existing is because Pokemon games are too easy, so if you want to play a rom hack as brutal as this then just play the damn thing because you'll have enough to worry about.
>>
>>25017800
Doing a new run I like to call the AnimeProtagonistLocke.
Rules:
>No depositing, you can never abandon your friends.
>Level cap -2 the gym leader's ace. You're the underdog. If a pokemon overlevels, it gets sent to the infirmary box until the gym leader is beaten. It can't be replaced.
>No healing in battle.
>(Optional) Take full advantage of pokemon amie, Friendship is the only way to win.
>Dupes clause
>>
>>25020474

So, you only get new pokemon in your party when current members die? I would assume that you will keep going if you wipe and still have pokemon in the box.
>>
>>25020539
If a pokemon dies, replace it with something in your box. I assume a wipe means a loss.
>>
>>25020563

I guess if you're using Amie, wiping is a little less of an inevitability if you end up going into a gym you have no type advantage over.

Sounds like fun. Give it a whirl.
>>
File: ASNuzlocke.png (2MB, 1150x812px) Image search: [Google]
ASNuzlocke.png
2MB, 1150x812px
Well, here's what I've been up to in Alpha Sapphire. Beat the E4 a little while ago and will now be going through the Delta Episode.

Screencaps to come if serious shit goes down.
>>
>>25019208
I'm back for some late night streaming if anyone is here
>>
Doing an X Nuzlocke, currently trying to stop Lysandre from starting up the machine. team so far is:
>Kron the Drapion Lv45
>Rick the Hariyama Lv 47
>Victoria the Pyroar Lv 48
>Bunyip the Slowbro Lv 48
>Vlad the Crobat Lv 48
>Rose the Florges Lv49

Once this is done, I might see about getting some others. Any tips for what I've got going so far?
>>
I'm currently playing Neo X. Question: Finished third gym leader. Is the game gonna get hard again?
>>
Caught an Onix at Oreburgh mine in my Platinum nuzlocke
You guys think I can get any use of it?
Metal Coat is a long way away
>>
>>25020430
Is it better than Drayano's ORAS hack? I'm playing Rising Ruby and it's very basic for a Drayano hack
>>
>>25023201
Are you using EXP Share? Also are you on the full or lite version? I heard the full version fucks up the story with edgy bullshit
>>
>>25023666
Using exp share but I'm not overleveld. Full also
>>
>playing through Rising Ruby / Sinking Sapphire
>2ez, swept through the first few gyms without a problem

After I finish this think it would be a good idea to play through Rutile Ruby / Star Sapphire, but applying Rising/Sinking's pokemon statand balance changes? There are quite a few mons i couldnt fit into my six because most of the shittier ones got buffed and look fairly interesting to use now
>>
>>25023660
Deffo a lot harder, but I really like Dray's balance changes though. Thankfully it's easy enough to apply bits and pieces of the hacks you want, so you can have Drayano's pokemon changes and 721 wild encounter locations with Star/Rutile's trainers and battles.
Though it does seem like the changes have been a lot more conservative since BBVW2, so I'll be doing some adjustments to the pokemon stats and types on my own.
>>
>>25023819
Dray tones down the changes me makes with each new hack. I guess he looks back and feels he made some Pokemon too overpowered and neuters them

I know 3DS hacking is really basic atm so that's why he can't change TMs and item locations and such as much as he used to

>>25023796
You're not playing with EXP Share on are you? Even then, this is definitely Dray's easiest hack, because of how easy and streamlined 6th gen is compared to previous generations. Now to make a challenging hack you either make it Kaizo tough or it'll be easy no matter what
>>
>>25023986
Haven't played Star Sapphire at all, is it legit hard or is it artificial difficulty bullshit?
>>
>>25024105
The first gym starts with a level 17 set up stall Shuckle.

It's pretty bullshit that counts on you winning through trial and error. It's fun though too, because that's the only way to make 6th gen challenging
>>
I'm hoping to play through some XY and ORAS hacks soon after my 64 gig card comes in the mail. Currently I know of Dray's hack, and the Star Sapphire one. Is it easy to patch those onto a cia file or is it more complex than that? Also would anyone know what are some good XY hacks.
>>
>>25024151
You can just download the pre-patched cia file
>>
>>25024149
How would you even deal with that shit with the pokemon you have available before fucking rustboro?
>>
>>25024151
for XY there is just... Neo XY. It is good if you ignore the story
>>
>>25024253

Neo XY's pokemon changes are retarded though
>Elec/Psychic Electivire
>Fire/Psychic Magmortar
>Ground/Fairy Exploud
>Fire/Fairy Rapidash
>Fire/Dark Ninetales
>Plusle and Minun learn fire and water moves respectively (???)

That's like the farthest I got before NOPEing the fuck out.

Seriously who comes up with this shit?
>>
>>25024164
Oh neat, I imagine I'd have to do a little searching for that, since I don't think they would allow the creators to put that in the download document and files.

>>25024320
That does sound strange. I kind of want to peruse the changes document since that sounds ridiculous.
>>
File: helpmig.png (24KB, 487x304px) Image search: [Google]
helpmig.png
24KB, 487x304px
Time for Elite Four in Sacred Gold. For some reason I dropped this run right before Claire, can't remember why.

Any advice on who to take as 6th? Or any other rearrangements? Considering the HG/SS E4 I think I need something to handle the psychics on Will.
>>
>>25024320
Why the fuck would Electivire and Magmortar be part Psychic type?
Why change Exploud'd typing?
>>
More cuck emerald

livestream.com/thejollyflyingman2
>>
File: Go, Talonflame!.jpg (326KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
Go, Talonflame!.jpg
326KB, 800x800px
>none of my Pokemon have a favorable match-up against Maylene's Lucario

I'm scared
>>
>>25025091
Are you playing Plat or BS Plat.
>>
>>25025101
Regular Plat. Team is Monferno/Luxray/Bibarel/Psyduck (will be Golduck)/Vespiquen/Rampardos, aka the team from first reply.
>>
>>25025147
can't Vespiquen tank it forever? or does it have a Rock-type move?

I don't know if you can just straight overpower her with Monferno but I don't remember having any particular problems against Maylene. It's been a while, though.
>>
>>25025160
The issue with Vespiquen is that Lucario can attack with Metal Claw, while Vespiquen's best answer is... Gust. She's able to tank attacks, alright, but if it gets too any Attack buffs, I'm in trouble.

As for Monferno, I'm doubting his ability to outspeed and OHKO, especially when Lucario's waiting to shove a Bone Rush up my ass.

Currently, my plan is to use a combo of Luxray Intimidate/Golduck Screech/Vespiquen bulk to wear it down, but I still have worries.
>>
>>25024539
guys pls hilfe
>>
>>25024783
Stuff like this is why I'm avoiding Neo XY. It has a lite mode but even then I'm expecting the trainers to be unbalanced garbage. It seems like a poor copycat off a Drayano hack
>>
>>25022995

The Team Flare Gauntlet can be a bit of a hard stop in nuzlockes, since you'll likely have no more available catches going into it. Lysandre has some tricks up his sleeves that you need to be careful of.
Acrobatics on Mienshao
Steel Wing on Honchkrow
Earthquake on Gyarados
Dark Pulse on Pyroar
>>
File: SacredGoldTeam.png (132KB, 963x506px) Image search: [Google]
SacredGoldTeam.png
132KB, 963x506px
Just beat Bugsy with these guys.

Road from Violet city to Azalea town was full of deaths and failed captures due to crits.

Egg-san hatched, but since Friendship evo is a shit, it will be a long ass time until he's a Togetic.

Bugsy and Rival(Dick) weren't hard. Was underleveled for Dick, his ace being 21 mine being 18, but Holly tanked it and 45 turns (between 20-40 turns more likely) later it was over.

On to Rocket Shenanigans and Whitney!
>>
Can someone tell me more about cuck emerald?

I see it has pss split, what about other features? Is it finished?
>>
>>25026187
It has mons from all gens, some of which with slightly changed types. As far as I know, it's complete, and it's also very difficult.
>>
>>25017800
Isn't there a randomizer for these too or did I imagine that?
>>
>>25025379
My wonderlocke on X ended because HKJ Mienshao, all my team was weak, even the neutral ones.
>>
>>25026403
The universal randomizer ought to at least somewhat randomize most hacks, I think.
>>
>>25026521
>The universal randomizer
Am I crazy for not finding the .jar in the most recent version?
>>
roxanne in blaze black 2 just wrecked my shit
i'm not even nuzlocking this anymore, i don't know if i can
i haven't been intimidated by a videogame like this in years
i don't know what the fuck to do
>>
>>25026570
Probably. I just downloaded it to check, and there's a randomizer.jar in it.
>>
>>25026637
The early Hoenn gym leaders are assholes in BBVW2
>>
>>25022995
Made it ALL the way to Lysandre's last fight without a loss, then I made the mistake of not swapping out Florges after switching her in to end Mega Gyarados' Outrage. I also later lost Drapion to a trainer on Route 21 while grabbing my Pokemon for that route. My team now consists of:
>Dory the Sligoo Lv 48
>Rick the Hariyama Lv 55
>Bunyip the Slowbro Lv 57
>Victoria the Pyroar Lv 56
>Vlad the Crobat Lv 55
>Hailey the Carbink Lv 24
I'm trying to decide if I should stick with Carbink or replace her with another Pokemon. Candidates include Volbeat, Plusle, Amaura, Snubbull, Amoongus, Altaria, Xerneas and Mightyena.
>>
File: 250px-459Snover.png (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-459Snover.png
39KB, 250x250px
doing another Y Wonderlocke, just finished the 2nd gym and my party consists of
>Sandile
>Ninjask
>Mienfoo

RIP Snover who died to Relicanth
>>
I'm making a personal hack which combines

Rising/Sinking (Dray's):
>balance changes (BBVW2 actually, just transcoded them into ORAS as well as a bunch of changes of my own. Includes stats, types, moves, etc.)
>wild pokemon encounter locations (so all 721 can be found)

as well as

Rutile/Star's
>Trainers and Battles
>Items/shops
>Graphical changes
>pretty much everything else

It's gonna be a complete bitch to Nuzlocke so I'm doing a plain run, but would nuzgen be interested in it? I can upload the .cia to mega or something.
>>
>>25029338
Welp scratch that, I can get it working on HANS just fine but that involves actually owning a cart and having to delete or backup your savefile.
I seem to be having a problem packing it into a .cia, what I've just been doing was just building my romfs and exe into a .3ds and then converting that to .cia but it apparently doesn't wanna work, it just gives me an error screen when I try to launch it from the home menu even though I successfully installed the .cia.
>>
>>25029338
You could just zip up the changed files so people can do it themselves.
>>
>>25029556

https://mega.nz/#!Vo0CDBpR!LB94L6bHrTL-AfdOE2TA8n6EDVotEOARcA86A9CKKnQ

If anyone could test it out to see if it works it would be much appreciated.

Even better if someone were to build a working .cia out of it.
>>
>>25029625
Oh, it looks like my rom dump was just bad. I redid the rom packing.

Everything seems good so far, I'll make a shill post with a link to the patched .cia later today.
>>
>>25030091
Much appreciated, I hear Rutile Ruby is crazy hard
>>
>>25028923
I would go with the shroom
>>
>>25030237
Will it be easier because you have a shit ton more pokemon available to you because of Dray's 721 encounter changes, or harder because all of the shittier mons got reasonable buffs and type changes so it'll be that much harder to go against them when the enemy trainers use them?
I GUESS WE'LL FIND OUT SOON
>>
As it turned out, I really didn't have to worry about the Lucario as much as I thought. However, poor luck and a bad call on my part led to Mai's senseless death.

RIP Mai. You were the best Vespiquen a trainer could hope for.

But aside from that tragedy, my team is shaping up nicely, and I don't see any more significant roadblocks in the immediate future.
>>
Does Togepi still evolve through friendship in Sacred Gold? Egg-san isn't evolving.
>>
>>25031302
I think so. Nothing in the docs claim any changes regarding togepi's evolution.
>>
>>25031324
Alright.

This little bastard better start loving me or i'll chuck him into the box.
>>
>>25031340
I've long since gotten a script that I turn on everytime I want to evolve a pokemon through friendship. Makes me run back and forth until I stop it. Go do something else while it runs
>>
>>25031356
He's holding a Soothe bell. Crazy as this might sound, Pokemon that require friendship for evo seem to do it faster when they Aren't carrying that thing.
>>
>Skiploom dies because of Ice Punch from a Furret.
Well, now I can train my Pinsir up for Whit-
>Dies from self destructing Pineco.

Now i'm just grinding my Treecko.
>>
>>25030333
Waiting for the .cia man.
>>
File: ss (2016-01-19 at 12.28.28).png (24KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2016-01-19 at 12.28.28).png
24KB, 500x378px
Welp, a while ago I started a Sacred Gold run that I grew bored of around Claire. Picked it up again and beat Lance, don't think I'm gonna bother with Red.

This fucking Togekiss though. Absolutely absurd. Used the classic Serene Grace/Air Slash/Thunder Wave bullshit and it worked ridiculously well. Not even super effective moves from strong offensive pokemon brought this nigger below half.

Also want to highlight the Lapras who trucked through 5/6 of Lance's pokemon.

Trained up the Houndoom as a 6th and replacer, I think it used only a single move, Flamethrower on Will's Jynx. Camerupt didn't do anything during E4. Don't think Heracross did a lot either.

Espeon died to a Bug Buzz from Koga's Venomoth. Simply stupid of me.
>>
>>25032604
You forgot venomoth is bug/psychic in SG
>>
>>25032759
I was using Power Gem, so that shouldn't have mattered. I think I thought bug resisted psychic.
>>
File: meme sapphire.jpg (237KB, 578x380px) Image search: [Google]
meme sapphire.jpg
237KB, 578x380px
Hey guys I just finished this patchwork romhack.

Pokemon Meme Sapphire (Meme Ruby coming soon maybe probably not)

FEATURES:
>A daring synthesis of Star and Sinking Sapphire hacks, along with some original stuff
>All 721 pokemon are encounterable in the game, trade evolutions changed, etc. (Exact same pokemon encounter locations and percentages, as well as evolution changes, as Sinking Sapphire, so read up on Drayano's docs for that)
>Most of the shitmons (ie. below OU) buffed to a reasonable extent, with altered stats, types, and movesets (Most changes actually coming from Dray's BBVW2 hack instead of Rising/Sinking)
>Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire's hard as balls story trainers. Everything in that game still applies, so EXP Share is expected to be used and you should be nearing level 100 as you get to the Elite 4
>Rutile/Star's shop and item changes, most of the competitive shit you can get in Slateport like the original rom
>Rutile/Star's aesthetic changes, meaning its Title Screen/Home Menu splash as well as Brendan and May's older RSE style clothes

WATCH OUT FOR SOME WEIRD SHIT SUCH AS:
>Protean Eevee
>Ice/Steel Avalugg with Heatproof (Sp.D is still shite tho)
>Defeatist Fighting/Flying Farfetch'd from BBVW
>Permanent Sunshine Cherrim and Zen Darmanitan (similar to BBVW)
>Cosplay Pikachus having their stats, types and level up moves changed (so Pikachu Libre is Electric/Fighting, and learns Thunder Punch and Close Combat while its stats shifted to be physically oriented)

AND LITERALLY A FUCKTON MORE LIKE SERIOUSLY PRETTY MUCH EVERYONE UNDER OU GOT CHANGED AND THEN SOME

I probably wouldn't Nuzlocke this shit.

Hopefully it's a good hack!

https://mega.nz/#!4Z0WDIhB!JeWdyblBXBNpJYNrNJYM7EUaPC_Cok5BWtJKoYUsoAI
>>
>>25033089
>>tfw no 3ds emulator or capture card to stream
>>
Well anyone up for another Cuck run
>>
>>25031356
Why do that when you can just use Pokegen and edit his happiness?
>>
>>25033867
alright I started it

livestream / thejollyflyingman2
>>
>>25033913
Because I don't know what Pokegen is, and tampering with the game usually ends in shit for me.
>>
I didn't see any X/Y up there, is that not a rom still?
>>
File: 1384381263468.jpg (37KB, 490x470px) Image search: [Google]
1384381263468.jpg
37KB, 490x470px
>>25033089
>playing this
>first gen 6 romhack I've played on a fresh CFW 3ds
>get to Roxanne
>have an overleveled combusken who has double kick should be ez considering how I swept through the other trainers in the gym
>first two pokemon are fucking unkillable pieces of shit who set up web, sneaky pebbles and dual screens
>manage to kill both of them after 10 years
>probopass
>has fucking thunder wave
>manage to get a few lucky crits off double kick
>he has that berry that sharply increases Sp.A when low on health
>Roxanne used a Super Potion!
>ded combusken
>wipe

W A K E M E U P
>>
>>25033089
do I need custom firmware or this would work on sky3ds flashcart
>>
>>25036180
I know next to nothing about Sky3DS, but it's a .cia file and a quick google search said that Sky does support that format

sky-3ds.com/content/8-cia-games-and-installation-guide-via-gateway

You can try it out
>>
>>25036226
Or this
http://sky-3ds.com/blog/sky3ds-cia-files-installation-guide-for-nintendo-3dsnew-3ds-console/

Failing that I could just upload the .3ds version of it I have somewhere since I got the .cia converted from that in the first place, I'd have to do it some time tomorrow probably though
>>
File: 1387582143907.gif (33KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1387582143907.gif
33KB, 250x250px
>>25036226
k, thanks
>>
>>25033089
Did Probopass get Levitate?
>>
>>25036255
Not sure about Roxanne's particular one, but yeah Probopass does have levitate as an ability
>>
>>25035602
If you know how to use a fucking script you can use Pokegen holy shit
>>
>>25036152
That seems ridiculous wtf is a probopass doing in the first gym?
>>
>>25036341
It was like that in Star Sapphire too, no idea how people got through it lmao
>>
File: 0016.gif (140KB, 318x350px) Image search: [Google]
0016.gif
140KB, 318x350px
>>25036152
>>25036341
>>
>>25036341
To be fair Combusken was my only real pokemon in fighting condition, the rest were way too underleveled to do shit
Then again Probopass was like lv 19 while I was 21
>>
>>25036394
You'll have to overlevel it by like 5-10 levels to win, that's awful. Since you have no good TMs, no good healing items, no good hold items, that's not even competitive, that's just fuck you player mode
>>
>>25036394
On what, exactly? The wilds are weak as shit. You can't fucking grind.
>>
>>25033089
Is it prepatched so I only have to install it with BBM or do I have to run it using HANS?
>>
>>25036883
It's a prepatched .cia, so yeah just install it with FBI or BBM
>>
>>25036906
Do you know any changes to Staraptor and Porygon-Z?
>>
File: losing is fun.jpg (14KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
losing is fun.jpg
14KB, 293x172px
>>25036424
Remember: Losing is Fun!
>>
>>25036915
Porygon Z got some stat buffs but nothing too drastic
Staraptor is Flying/Dark and also got stat buffs, can't remember if he got a new ability or not
>>
>>25036942
Nice, I'm going to make some space for this on my SD card.

Do you happen to have a sheet of changes? Even the distributions would be nice
>>
>>25036953
I haven't had the time to make a document about that, however the distribution of wild pokemon are exactly the same as Drayano's, which you can find here:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BzJZMhlTQ-CPMndnWmJVOGtBOW8&usp=sharing
>>
>>25037998
> I just rushed back in after like a bunch of failed tries. I kept getting a fuckton of exp from the one or two pokemon of her's I'd kill so I'd always come back stronger than last time.

how is this a nuzlocke
>>
>>25038014
whoops i'm a dingus
>>
HTML template when
>>
File: WHYYY.gif (2MB, 300x170px) Image search: [Google]
WHYYY.gif
2MB, 300x170px
>>25017800
>Doing some desert training in Emerald with my Lileep
>Encounter resident suicide bomber Baltoy
>Switch out into Loudred to tank it since he's been able to withstand every SD so far and my Swampert is on low health
>As expected, Aloha Snackbar
>Watch in despair as my beloved Kageyama's health drops below the usual threshold and hits 0

This is going to end up like my last Emerald nuzlocke, I can feel it
>>
Wake was a pushover. Onwards to Canalave.

Can't wait for that Metal Coat on Iron Island.
>>
>>25024320
I'm pretty sure that guy waifus Braixen too
>Chespin and Froakie have shit abilities now
>all of them are dual type to start
>the first areas are full of trainers with fairies
>Delphox has good abilities and is the only one with an increased BST
>>
>>25036341
I haven't played that hack or Star Sapphire, but Nosepass's can evolve at any level, so it isn't too far-fetched for it to be in such an early gym.
>>
File: 1453083490991.png (1MB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1453083490991.png
1MB, 1000x1500px
>>25033089
mind putting together a document that lists the new poke changes like Dray does?
>>
File: Zd0hVOH.jpg (23KB, 500x299px) Image search: [Google]
Zd0hVOH.jpg
23KB, 500x299px
>>25033089
does it have the busty May mod in it? This is very important.
https://reisyukaku.org/prog/
>>
File: Emlocke 2.jpg (320KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Emlocke 2.jpg
320KB, 1552x1015px
Been a while, once again. I suppose work only makes it so frequent.

When last I left off, I was poised to face Wattson - and the deed was done, smoothly enough. Bit risky with Manectric and Magneton, but the day was won. Got past Maxie, and just recently finished the grind for Flannery. Team's been much the same since early on, but I think from Norman in, some changes will be necessary.
>>
>>25033089
Is there any way I can get a HANS compatible install?
>>
>>25042681
If you know how to do so, I've posted the replacement files to drag into your romfs folder up a few posts above that.
Failing that I could upload the entire .romfs file if you'd like
>>
>>25042697
Oh damn, didn't even see that. That works, thanks!
>>
>>25017800
What's the best Platinum hack to do a run on?
>>
>>25042934
BS Plat is a local favorite. Found in the OP under BS Intensified or Platinum Intensified or Bullshit Intensified, or something like that.
>>
>>25043187
thank you.
>>
What's a good game for a first Nuzlocke?
>>
>>25043567
The Base game of your choice. Most of these hacks are difficulty mods. Unless you just grab one is only adding in the other Pokemon..
>>
File: SacredGoldTeam.png (176KB, 963x506px) Image search: [Google]
SacredGoldTeam.png
176KB, 963x506px
So I just dealt with Whitney in Sacred Gold.

Started off with Jones, I forgot Lickitung had PowerWhip, luckily it missed.

This is my team/Box pre-Morty. I'm leaning towards Seviper for Bite or Crunch, What do you think I should do?

I also forgot Wigglytuff had Water Pulse, and that did hit Barbara. Which sucks, since she would've been my RocketGrunt tank.

Egg-san finally evolved! Just before Whitney too.
>>
>>25044386
Seviper sounds good.
You could just lead with a mon with high SP Atk and a strong Stab move. The first two should go down easy.
>>
>download desmume's latest build
>try to play a platinum hack
>ridiculous slowdown before I even leave the fucking house
Time to kill myself I guess.
This is why I stick to Gen 3.
>>
>>25020430
but what if you find star sapphire too easy? shouldn't you nuzlocke it then?
>>
>>25020474
>No depositing, you can never abandon your friends.
Muk
>>
Protip for OP: Zipping those roms will decrease their size significantly. In case you're worried about bandwidth use. Plus, many emulators can play zipped roms anyway.
>>
>>25024320
>-izer twins are psychic for some reason

>fire/dark ninetales
>not fire/psychic, fire/ghost, or even fire/fairy though that last one is kind of stretching it.

>plusle and minun get moves based on color

>what even is that exploud, why does it have dunsparce's should-be typing?
>>
>>25033089
>another protean eevee
WHY?! when will this meme die already?!
>>
>>25036650
sure you can. it just takes 40 forevers.
>>
>>25036942
>staraptor
>dark
>doesn't even learn dark moves

>not fighting for sweet sweet stab close combat.
>>
>>25039975
>Got past Wattson with no casualties
YES
>About to go into New Manville, kamikaze capital of Hoenn
FUCK
>>
What are the best GBA rom hacks, guys?

Just got my GBA flashcart in the mail and I'm ready to put some mad hours into this GBA micro I found.
>>
>>25045753
>Wattson

fuck me, *Norman
>>
>>25024320
The guy who made the hack is an autistic retard.
>>
>Catch a Voltorb
>Teach it thunder
>it dies immediately afterwords
>All of my pokemon have shit defense so they're all liable to getting killed while grinding pokemon that are even close to their level: I almost had my Machoke die on me while fighting a fucking Linoone
>No lightning types to take on the last two gyms, Glacia, or Wallace

I have a feeling the good times are over, and I wouldn't be surprised if history repeats itself and I end up near-wiping on the seventh gym again (or earlier, since my team isn't as solid as my last run)

I will never beat Emerald.
>>
>>25046965
Are these 6 the only mons you have?
>>
>>25049402
No, but I don't have much options either way.
>>
>>25049723
Torkoal can set up to be defensive against the right Pokemon. It can easily buy you time to whittle an enemy down.
>>
>>25049723
As can Claydol, which if I remember correctly also gets cosmic power and will wall the shit out of Tate and Liza.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-21+at+11.19.06).png (12KB, 477x318px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-21+at+11.19.06).png
12KB, 477x318px
Finally able to continue my Emerald nuzlocke. Just beat Tate and Liza, unfortunately Lucha and Amber had to die.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-21+at+11.25.06).png (14KB, 477x318px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-21+at+11.25.06).png
14KB, 477x318px
>>25050254
What pokemon should I use to replace them with?
>>
>>25050260
Oddish. Vileplume is relatively bulky.

Not sure about Amber.
>>
>>25020474
Overlevels? Sorri I Nub
>>
What is the best Emerald and Crystal hacks out there?
>>
>>25049729
>>25049741
Thanks for the advice. Might just put them in
>>
rollan for b2 starter
1-3:Snivy
4-6:Tepig
7-9:Oshawott
0-let first post responding to this one decide
>>
Alright you faggots what the fuck romhack should I play

I've never played a romhack in my life, blow my fucking mind
>>
>>25052926
>Star Sapphire.
>>
>try this
>get to roxanne
>full team of 6 mons with actual movesets
>the only place to level is grinding on level 8 wild mons
>this will likely only get worse with each gym
>>
>try Nuzlocke of Crystal
>everything goes swell on the first day
>less than half an hour into the second day and full party wipe by a geodude and machop
Welp.
>>
>>25051101
Let us know how it goes. I'm sure you'll win though, wiping is never an option.
>>
File: nuz.png (3MB, 760x4519px) Image search: [Google]
nuz.png
3MB, 760x4519px
To those of you who may care but haven't seen it yet, nuzlocke finally updated on Christmas Day
>>
Is mozume worth the trouble or is she too much of a pain to level?
>>
>>25055459
forget a pic or something anon?
>>
>>25055493
Yes, fuck. Its a skitty with normalize.
>>
>>25055718
ehehehehe I figured as such, I googled mozume and it only lead me to fire emblem which is why I asked
My reseach into the matter (very minmal) leads me to believe unless you've got ghosts and no one else to deal with them she should be alright to use, as the only downside is you can't hit ghost types with your moves I'd say go for it
>>
>>25053886
The first gym is probably the hardest actually considering how little options you have - once you get past her it go a lot more smoothly cause you'll have a lot more shit available to you.
To get past her I had to pussy out of my nuzlocke and just grind her first two pokemon, they gave like half a level's worth of exp each to all of my pokemon with exp share
>>
>>25053886
>>25056519
I sincerely hope you guys aren't talking about vanilla emerald
>>
>>25056624
>get to roxanne
>full team of 6 mons with actual movesets

What do you think mate
>>
>>25056629
Oh sorry. I thought he was talking about his own team
>>
>>25052059
rerollan
Second to last number decides game (evens, white 1, odds black 2) last number decides starter
>>
>>25056771
snivy in black 2 it is
First post responding to this decides whether I'm a boy or girl and my name,second decides starter's name
>>
>>25056907
boy
>>
>>25056959
boy named boy
>>
>>25018504
What's the difference between Emerald and Cuck Emerald? I can't seem to find a good description of the game anywhere.
>>
>>25056965
boy named boy
Still waiting on a response to name my snivy
>>
>>25056907
>>25056990
Snuggles the Snivy
>>
>>25057028
thank you, now I can start actually playing
Will keep you guys updated on snuggles' my exploits
>>
>>25053886
What romhack is this?
>>
>>25056978
Gen 5 mons. Gen 6 moves and typings. Revamped wild pokemon and trainer pokemon. Harder. Snoopy doesnt appear to be very fond of sharing docs
>>
Playing BS Platinum, is friendship evolution disabled? I walked 50,000 steps and leveled my Azuril twice and it still won't evolve. Am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>25057555
is it in the front of your party? it only gains friendship points from walking if its in the front
>>
>>25057700
FUCK! That is 3 hours wasted.
>>
>>25057555
>>25057714
Pretty sure most of the baby pokemon found at Lake verity evolve at level 12, that's at least in my experience that every single one of them has.
>>
>>25057714
it's okay anon, we've all been there
>>
File: Capture.png (24KB, 714x477px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
24KB, 714x477px
Picking up Cuck Emerald now, grinding for Norman
>>
A wild Geodude in Mt. Coronet I was gonna catch pulled out a Magnitude 9, crit'd and took out my Monferno from full health
I couldn't risk my other pokemon, so no Mt. Coronet catch for me...
I accidentally OHKO'd my Route 211 catch as well
>>
>Disable Night Slash
>Miracle Eye
>Confusion
>Fainted Skuntank
I knew Miracle Eye would come in handy some day
I feel bad about sacrificing a level 2 Bidoof for the switch in though
>>
Are Cuckold and BSPlat beatable? How many people have successfully beat these? I'm not the best of nuzlockers, and I don't feel like trying to beat something I will never beat.
>>
>>25061247
BSPlat is beatable. I have yet to hear of anyone beating cucklod without admitting to a bit of cheating.
>>
Starting VoltWhite
1-3 for Snivy
4-6 for Tepig
7-9 for Oshawott
0 my choice
>>
>Encounter diglett
>Send out underleveled chansey
>Use Double slap
>crits two out of four slaps

For fucks sake
>>
>>25061309
My friend did.
>>
File: Sinking Sapphire 1.png (534KB, 684x1344px) Image search: [Google]
Sinking Sapphire 1.png
534KB, 684x1344px
Current Sinking Sapphire run with no deposits allowed. Never thought I'd have to use the Tympole line. Always hated their design.
>>
What vanilla game has the best variety in wild pokemon except XY?

Otherwise, what's a good variety hack with a bit of difficulty changes? That is, not BS/Cuck/BlazeVolt level
>>
>>25063009
Highest variety is probably Gold and Silver reboots or ORAS. as for hacks, just pick a rom at random, you are likely to find one with most if not all the pokemon and a slight difficulty curve.
>>
>>25057128
Probably either Rutile Ruby/Star Sapphire or Rising Ruby/Star Sapphire.
>>
File: Capture.png (55KB, 734x486px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
55KB, 734x486px
Back to grinding a whole new team after a near-wipe in Cuckold emerald and this bad boy shows up

anyway I'm starting the stream, it'll be a long day since there's a blizzard outside
>>
>first boss of the Platinum Gauntlet
>lose one of my oldest members

If this an omen of the future, then I'm scared.
>>
>>25020430
It's impossilbe to nuzlocke imo.

I went to the pokemon league with 6 lvl 100's, max IV's and EV's

I used an OU team (cuz i have honor), which on pokemon showdown got me 1500+ elo (not amazing, but its about average for COMPETITIVE pokemon)

Still lost pokemon.

The only way I could win fights was to switch to a check/counter, and setup cm/dd/sd +6 and sweep from there.

It's impossible to nuzlocke imo, even with perfect.

It might, just MIGHT be possible to nuzlocke if you run a full doubleteam/swagger/thunderwave/foulplay team/toxic HARD STALL team with a wish chansey + skarmory/megabro core.

Otherwise, just bullshit.
>>
Btw, found a "guide" to getting the comined drayano+rutile ruby hack for omega ruby:

Trainers: Rutile Ruby
Everything else: Drayano

Basically the difficulty of rutile ruby but the encounter/balance changes of the drayano hack

https://soloplayer3.wordpress.com/2016/01/19/pokemon-rutilerubyrisingruby-combined-hack/
>>
>>25063841
Isn't this literally already >>25033089
>>
File: Rembert thumbs up.png (54KB, 239x373px) Image search: [Google]
Rembert thumbs up.png
54KB, 239x373px
>>25054965
About to pick it back up, wish me luck.
>>
>>25046965
>Lightning type
>>
File: 1402806251428.png (63KB, 367x202px) Image search: [Google]
1402806251428.png
63KB, 367x202px
>>25063549
>Lou died to a random trainer in Snowpoint Gym

Should I choose Adon the Buizel or Abyss the Tentacruel? Abyss needs less training and is bulker, but Adon will be stronger, faster, and have a better movepool.
>>
>>25064631
Abyss
>>
>>25064258
>Implying you can defeat Wallace with anything else
>or Glacia
>>
>>25064787
Anon please
>>
File: 20160123_170250[1].jpg (799KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160123_170250[1].jpg
799KB, 2048x1152px
Continuing from >>25021149

Welp, I've wrapped up the Delta Episode and all my main team is still here.

Time to go train up for the Elite 4 Round 2 and this run will be finished. See you all in about 15 levels.
>>
>>25065387
Your naming method is fucking gold
>>
I thought there were hacks for 6th gen. Was I imagining that?
>>
>>25066145
Gee, I dunno man.

Have you tried reading literally 50 posts or so upward?
>>
waiting for that HTML nuzlocke thing
>>
I always choose mudkip. Help me decide on something else, /vp/.
>>
>>25067297
Don't choose Mudkip
>>
>>25067297

Choose Treecko.
>>
File: 20160124_004009[1].jpg (989KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_004009[1].jpg
989KB, 2048x1152px
And now it is time to close the book on this Alpha Sapphire challenge with a rematch of the Hoenn League Elite 4 and Champion. This team has already bested the quarrelsome quintet, but can they stand their new and improved line-up?
>>
File: 20160124_005216[1].jpg (955KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_005216[1].jpg
955KB, 2048x1152px
Sydney's team put up a decent fight, making it impossible to simply sweep him with Mega Medicham. Mandibuzz's Brave Bird nearly spelled the end for Faye, but she held on. Rhonda and Gary took on the rest.
>>
File: 20160124_011310[1].jpg (665KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_011310[1].jpg
665KB, 2048x1152px
Carolyn came in Dark Pulses firing against Phoebe, blowing Banette away handedly. Phoebe retaliated with Chandelure, against which I took a risk. But, even in her Mega form, Carolyn wasn't strong enough. With inches of its life left, Chandelure melted our dear Carolyn with Flamethrower.
The rest of team banded together to avenge their fallen friend, warding off the touch of death for just a while longer.

3 opponents left and 1 casualty.

RIP, Cold Carolyn. ;-;7
>>
File: 20160124_013654[1].jpg (669KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_013654[1].jpg
669KB, 2048x1152px
Faye and Gary took on the Ice Queen with little a worry. Once more, Faye flirted with the undertaker as Froslass lobbed a Shadow Ball at her, but it only further fanned the flames of her Fire Punch. Gary stepped in to blast the rest away with its Flash Cannons and Thunderbolts.
>>
File: 20160124_015735[1].jpg (675KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_015735[1].jpg
675KB, 2048x1152px
With Carolyn gone, the fight with the big number four would not be so clear cut. However, with a little bit of planning, our team was able to best Drake's dreadful dragons. Faye Ice Punched Altaria and Flygon out of the air. When Haxorus came cutting in, Mack stepped in and got swoll to tank those tusks. The rest was up to Mack and Jared, taking turns sucking up damage while the other recuperated with enough strength to slay the mythical beast.

Only Steven remains...
>>
File: 20160124_023518[1].jpg (798KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_023518[1].jpg
798KB, 2048x1152px
It's almost over!
>>
>>25068101
You should play Star Sapphire
>>
File: 20160124_023753[1].jpg (618KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_023753[1].jpg
618KB, 2048x1152px
And with that, Steven is put in his place as FORMER Champion for good. The final fight was virtually all Murky Mack, dancing in the rain to drown out the competition.
>>
File: 20160124_025952[1].jpg (736KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_025952[1].jpg
736KB, 2048x1152px
It's quite a relief to finally beat a nuzlocke challenge after several failed attempts. The champions for this run are:

>Murky Mack the Swampert Lv 77
>Jammin Jared the Tentacruel Lv 73
>Fluid Faye the Medicham Lv 74
>Grunge Gary the Magnezone Lv 74
>Rowdy Rhonda the Crawdaunt Lv 73

I'll be back in the morning with a poll to see which game I run next.

>>25068109
That's the one that they were talking about earlier in the thread, right? Suppose to be super hard? I might try it out someday, though as a normal playthrough. It sounds like it's not nuzlocke friendly at all.
>>
File: 20160124_083912.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20160124_083912.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>Start an X wonderlocke
>This happens

It's a legit pokemon movie 15 arceus from Japan.
>>
With Cyrus taken down, the last of the Platinum Gauntlet is complete. Now, only a small break before the Elite Four... and Cynthia. Hoo boy.

Also, I forgot how fucking good the Mt. Coronet sequence was.
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqBaDX33Eew
Fucking beautiful.
>>
███████
>>
>using battle items
I hope you guys seriously don't do this
>>
>>25068564
Did somebody wondertrade you C-moon?
>>
Has cuck emerald changed since the last version I downloaded (july)?
>>
>>25066271
fuck off
>>
Do romhacks of the gamecube games exist?
>>
>>25070066
Also, if I were to nuzlocke pokemon xd, should I do standard nuzlocke rules, or just catch all shadow pokemon as there's a built in cap on the number of pokemon you can catch, which is the main point of the catch the first one rule in a nuzlocke?
>>
>>25068564
>wondertrade
>legit arceus
>>
Question: What is all in the best emerald file in the dropbox? I know it's partially Expert Emerald but there are some other changes. Was wondering if there is some sort of change log I could see for it.
>>
Can someone post the mega to the pokemon style touhou game that got released like 2 months ago? My folder got corrupted and I never completed it. NOT touhoumon
>>
>>25070066
>>25070097
I don't think there's hacks of the gamecube games, at least not that I've heard of.

XD technically only has 7-8 areas (a few more if you count pokespots), so the catching rule is rridiculous (and additionally, makes purifying a lot more annoying bc you can't catch anything for your purify chamber). The rules I used are:
>if a pokemon faints, it's dead. put it in a separate Graveyard box.
>you may catch all shadow pokemon, but only on the first attempt. This means if miror b. has a shadow pokemon you missed, you cannot catch it from him (you can still catch the voltorb he starts with)
>you may catch one pokemon per pokespot (excluding Cave pokespot where you are guaranteed to catch voltorb first; you may catch the voltorb and then whatever subsequent wild pokemon shows up. after that, you are done with Cave pokespot).

You could make the catching rule "I can only catch every other shadow pokemon" to make the numbers a bit more like the main game, but I think the risk of shadow pokemon doing SE damage to all your non-shadows and the fact that everything is doubles balances out the amount of pokemon you can get.

I decided to call off my nuzlocke run right before the ONBS building boss fight because I was losing a lot of stuff (specifically, I tried grinding my carvanha and aron at the colosseum and lost them both, and that was my breaking point). So be careful because grinding is dangerous when all your battles are doubles, especially in these early game situations. I don't use any items in battle besides pokeballs (so no potions/full heals/X-items/etc.) though.

If you try to nuzlocke I would recommend vaporeon, who can get Water Pulse at Area 2 of mt. battle and gets Aurora Beam at a pretty decent level, plus bulk and water absorb. I was using Espeon though because it kills shit fast, and Jolteon is also a good choice but you WILL lose jolteon to Gorigan if you use it in the fight
>>
>>25070754
additionally, don't use dead pokemon in your purify chamber
>>
>>25070516
Perhaps you should ask about touhoushit in the touhoushit thread
>>25054010
>>
File: 1446775098560.jpg (65KB, 366x380px) Image search: [Google]
1446775098560.jpg
65KB, 366x380px
>>25044386
>Eddie died due to crit.
Alrighty, time to get that third starter gift I kept as back-up in case one of em kicked to bucket.
>missclick Turtwig instead of Chimchar.
>Haven't saved in 2 hours.
Fug. Vulpix it is then, but Firestone is annoying to get in this game.
>>
Poll time. Which game do I run next?

http://www.strawpoll.me/6632209
>>
>>25070977
Go with Platinum
Gen 5 and HGSS are way too easy
>>
File: Update 1.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Update 1.png
2MB, 1280x720px
Starting a Sacred Gold run, here's hoping for the best. Went with totodile, I think I'll get Glaceon too.
>>
>>25070977
>>25071024
Challenge mode white
>>
>>25070754
I'll run ridiculous rules once, catch all shadows after
>>
>>25071784
http://www.strawpoll.me/6633175
On second thought, I'll let you all decide
>>
>>25071850
catch the first 2, and then something sorta gimmicky to earn extra catches, like 1 purification chamber you can reach max tempo on=1 free catch or something
>>
>>25071951
I actually really like that idea, so we'll go with that
>>
File: Update 2.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Update 2.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>lost eevee to wild seedot's bullet seed while grinding
>lost bidoof to Aroma Lady Juliet's seedot's bide
>no losses at sprout tower bc I grinded everyone pretty high
>lost flaaffy to Falkner's murkrow's crit faint attack (took 1/3 from initial switch-in from spoink)
>lost spoink to Falkner's pidgeotto's aerial ace (wasn't quite enough to take it out with psybeam)
well, it's been an interesting run so far. I'm really scared of bugsy so hopefully I get some good shit in these next few routes. I'll most likely get Combusken in Azalea town.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (36KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
36KB, 426x341px
So, for NPC trainers, and Gym Leaders/Elite Four especially, are the Natures random or fixed?

Like, as a hypothetical example, could Cynthia's Garchomp potentially have a Speed-raising nature?
That Garchomp is really scaring me I don't want to lose someone to it
>>
Best romhacks that have phys/special split (fairies optional) that are a region different than the base game?

Despite that, anybody have the latest cuck emerald rom? It's not in OP's mega.
>>
File: Update 3.png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Update 3.png
2MB, 1280x720px
>>25072759
I believe everything is fixed (like younger joey always have an adamant rattata with 31 IVs across the board). Not sure what the nature is on cynthia's garchomp, but I doubt it'd be +speed. probably adamant or a neutral nature.

>changed my template a bit (gym badges for pokemon lost during gym battles, translucent white background for text readability, removed box info for space)
>lost rhyhorn to Proton's zubat's Giga Drain (fucking bullshit)
>grinded up budew and magikarp (new one I caught at Ruins of Alph) to evolve
>beat Silver no problem
>beat Bugsy pretty easily (almost lost charmeleon though)
thank god scyther didn't have brick break or anything to take out Aron. I worry about those surprise coverage moves.

and now, to the nuzlocke killer: Whitney
>>
Alrighty, so White 2 is the winner of the poll, and so I will run that game next. But, do I play Challenge Mode or Normal Mode?

http://www.strawpoll.me/6634604
>>
>>25072850
>Proton's zubat's Giga Drain
Fuck that shit, I nearly forgot about that mofo, killed my slowpoke back in the day just after I caught it
>>
>>25072850
I wiped at Whitney, oh well. too lazy to rebuild
>>
>>25073143

Shitty, bro. What does Whitney have in Sacred Gold?
>>
>>25073268
Absolutely nothing. Should be the easiest fight in Sacred gold.
>>
>>25073423
That is bullshit. Whitney has the potenial to stop a run dead in it's tracks if you dont have something useful
>>
>>25073434
I don't even fucking remember what she has. I've made about a dozen attempts at Sacred Gold before I beat it. Half of those wipes were on Bugsy because Scyther has Swords Dance. The rest were on different shit in different places. Not a single wipe happened at Whitney. Least memorable gym fight in the game.
>>
>>25073458
I disagree. Her miltank is bulky, clefable has good coverage. Her and Bugsy can be a bitch if you don't have a good counter
>>
>>25033089
>checking some of the changes you made
>Audino now has the same stats as Mega Audino, and is Fairy type
>Mega Audino is unchanged
I didn't think it was possible to make Mega Audino even MORE useless, but... u did it champ.
>>
>>25073056
what's the difference?
>>
>>25073703
Trainer AI and Levels are increased by 1-5.
Gym Leaders also get revamped movesets, better IVs, and an additional Pokemon.
The Elite Four, in addition to the above, utilize items on their entire team.

In other words, for a game with as difficult an early game as BW2, it's hell.
>>
File: Storm Silver Nuzlocke 1.jpg (137KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Storm Silver Nuzlocke 1.jpg
137KB, 1552x1015px
Just Started doing my Storm Silver Nuzlocke. My template is shit and unoriginal, but I'll fix it when I can.
>>
File: fire dog.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
fire dog.png
6KB, 240x160px
Gotta love grinding in Cuck and finding a shiny fire dog
>>
Do you guys have any better nuzlocke templates? Preferably something much bigger.
>>
So Gen 6 isn't included in the difficulty list. What are these games like nuzlocking without the exp share?
>>
>>25073866
XY varies, depending on how good your team is against the 2nd or 3rd gym it can be average to difficult

ORAS is very easy even without exp share, catching and grinding is pretty straightforward
>>
Which rom hack do you consider better /b/ rutile ruby or rising ruby, considering i want to start a nuzloke run
>>
>>25073866
>So Gen 6 isn't included in the difficulty list.
Yeah what's up with this? I used to come here in 2014 and there was a list that included XY
>>
Done with the victory road. Unfortanately lost my Golem, Swellow, and Manectric on the way. Now to train for the elite four. What pokemon would you guys reccomend getting? I also have yet to catch any pokemon from shoal cave, and the sea routes from slateport to briney's house. Also for pokemon caught underwater do I count the route they're caught in or is it only one catch for underwater pokemon?
>>
>>25074434
I'd say that Torkoal and Altaria are no brainers give your two surviving members. From there, I guess two of Aggron/Banette/Relicanth/Gyara/Tentacruel. Walrein is also an option from Shoal Cave which might be good. In general, I count dive areas as the same ares that they're under, just to get a little more variety so I don't have a million Wailmer/Tentacool/Pelipper
>>
What the fuck ever happened to Shiny Gold? Is Zel ever going to finish it?
>>
>>25074434
Definetely Altaria and Aggron should be there. Then, choose one Pokémon that can easily deal at least one of the elite four, to make sure the team will have at least 3-4 members at Steven.
>>
>>25074588
>>25074686
Thanks for the help guys. This is the team I'm going to go with. Now to train them. What would you guys think is a good level to level them upto? I'm thinking 55.
>>
Now that Victory Road is out of the way, all that remains is grinding for the final battles.
My next update will be after my attempt at the Elite Four... for better or for worse.

>>25074829
Go to 58, at a minimum. That gives you some insurance against Wallace.
>>
What's the image cap on this board again?
>>
anymore nuzlocke templates?
>>
Neo X has a horrible grindy beginning. Especially since I'm playing the Lite version since they changed the damn storyline
>>
File: Storm Silver Nuzlocke 2.png (372KB, 1552x1015px) Image search: [Google]
Storm Silver Nuzlocke 2.png
372KB, 1552x1015px
>Lost Shinx to a critical hit Razor Leaf Bellsprout at full health.
>Lost Zubat to the Elder's Natu. I thought I could flinch and kill it with astonish.
>Lost Quilava to an Unown. The Unown used Hidden power which was super effective and kill Quilava at full health. I forgot Unown's base stats where changed in this rom hack and I underestimated it.
>Beat Falkner by executing the legendary Destiny Red strat.
>>
What's the latest version of Cuckold Emerald?
>>
On a Buttefree with Compound Eyes, which powders should I use? Assuming I want two attack moves
>>
>>25076587
It will be no more grindheavy after the second gym. However the difficulty curve will rise extremly after the 7th gym again with all team flare admins having 6 pokemons +megas and a few legendaries
>>
Gib cuck emerald plz
>>
>>25076648
Destiny Red strat?
>>
>>25078023
Spam your best attack until you win.
>>
>>25077154
>>25077914
it is in the prepatched dropbox, and I can already tell you will wipe because you can't even fucking find the rom
>>
>>25078222
I have the rom. Just wondering if there was a later version or if that was the one. I know snoopy has before been lazy with actually publishing updates.
>>
i haven't played any pokemon rom hacks in like a year. what the fuck is moemon platinum? bullshit platinum? i couldn't find documentation on those at all
>>
>>25078638
dunno about moemon, but BS plat is an edited hack of some other platinum hack. Bloody platinum I think, possibly some other. Hence why it doesn't have docs. The original hack's docs work for a while but then there's just too many differences to trust it
>>
>>25078648
ok so im still learning all the new games in the mega file. Pokemon Heart Red is a pokemon heart gold game right? since when could we edit tiles and shit in ds games? are there any good fan games fully made?
>>
>>25078666
Never heard of Heard Red, dunno.
>>
>>25078246
Ayy I only looked in the Mega
I was just gonna play it without a Nuzlocke to be quite honest because I wanted to play a Gen III game that has Fairy, special/phys split, and megas.
>>
File: 1447284611232.png (91KB, 320x239px) Image search: [Google]
1447284611232.png
91KB, 320x239px
>>
Just got lucky and caught an Absol on route 120

Is it worth using? If so, who would you guys recommend I switch it out for? I'm thinking my Azumarill honestly
>>
File: 1428894433325.jpg (68KB, 500x486px) Image search: [Google]
1428894433325.jpg
68KB, 500x486px
>>
>>25079850
???
>>
I've never seen a "no legendaries" rule or anything, but is it frowned upon to use legendaries in nuzlockes?
>>
>>25079529
Absol kinda sucks outside of perish song strats in vanilla emerald, so I'd probably pass. That said, Azumarill probably isn't very useful outside of the water HMs at this point, so I guess it's your call.
>>
>>25079890
It makes it easier, which defeats the point. But I thought there was a kill legends rule.
>>
>>25017800
Are there any good Pokemon hacks that add Mega Evolution to the DS/GBA games?
>>
are there any B/W or D/P/Pl remade on VBA roms?
the DSi runs so damn slow
>>
>>25080309
I think Gaia has it? Maybe a few others; I'm not sure.
>>
>>25078666
Heart Red just changes some scripts and trainers so that it's like a remake of the kanto games, I think.
As far as tiles go, there's only one game that's going out of their way to really change up maps in 4th gen, and that's light platinum ds.

>>25080349
You could try Platinum Red and Blue, which tries to remake Platinum in Fire Red. It's still in alpha, though.
>>
File: 1444484918719.png (13KB, 331x471px) Image search: [Google]
1444484918719.png
13KB, 331x471px
>>
>>25079890
>>25080249

People tend to react negatively to the use of legendaries in nuzlocke runs. However, there is no explicit rule against using legendaries. Plus, trying to catch legendaries comes with the risk of losing one or two of your teammates and/or running out of pokeballs.
>>
>>25077375
sleep and poison powder senpai
>>
Time for more Cuck

you know the link
>>25019208
Thread posts: 304
Thread images: 60

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.