[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I want the next games to be less linear what is meant by

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 1429471447868.gif (995KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1429471447868.gif
995KB, 250x250px
>I want the next games to be less linear
what is meant by this? What is it that you want? I do tend to see people state that a game being too linear as a complaint, but when has Pokemon not been linear?
Now if you're complaining that you're being railroaded into the linear plot since it is unnecessary and can feel degrading, that's a different argument.
>>
>>24997106
They want it like Zelda where you can usually tackle some dungeons in a different order.

Actually that sort of happened in Platinum, there were a couple of gyms you could do in a different order.
>>
>>24997106
>, but when has Pokemon not been linear?
RB, GS
>>
It would be good if there were multiple paths to a town like in real life.
Having non linear gyms is retarded tho because you're constantly getting more powerful so the only way it would work would be to make the gyms scale based on your level.
>>
I want it like the old FF games where it's a giant open world with towns in the middle
>>
File: trees.png (32KB, 1277x725px) Image search: [Google]
trees.png
32KB, 1277x725px
>>24997106
>>
>>24997246
But you could get lost anon
This isn't Pokémon GO
>>
>>24997215
Not really. In RB there were only two gyms you could beat out of order but that was more of an oversight than anything else. And GS was only non-linear in the postgame.

>>24997210
>could
No. You had no choice but to do them in a different order than from Diamond/Pearl.
>>
>>24997106
>what is meant by this?

Kanto or Johto level of linearty. In RGB after the second gym you could do the gyms in whatever order and there were multiple ways you could get to the same town. In GSC you could rotate between the 5th/6th/7th gym. Every region after Johto you're forced to do the gyms in order and you have to travel through the region in a certain way.
>>
>>24998732
in rse hoenn, you could skip Brawley and Winona
>>
>>24997220
>so the only way it would work would be to make the gyms scale based on your level
That doesn't sound very difficult to implement
>>
>>24998782
Yeah you could just have Gym Leader teams be based upon how many badges you have when you fight them. Gym Trainers might be an issue though
>>
>>24998732
>In RGB after the second gym you could do the gyms in whatever order and there were multiple ways you could get to the same town.
Only Erika and Sabrina can be battled out of order, I believe. Everything else has a roadblock that requires beating a gym to pass, unless you exploit glitches to bypass them.
>>
>>24998330

actually from what i recall if you wanted to you could have faced crasher wake instead of the fighting gym. i usually did because the lucario gave me trouble
>>
>>24999109
you can fight Koga before either of those two

Can't you choose between Maylene, Fantina and Crasher Wake in Diamond and Pearl? I know Platinum changed that and forced you to do them in a certain order
>>
>>24999109
Nope. Koga can be mixed in with Erika/Sabrina and you don't even need to fight Lt Surge until near the end of the game if you don't want to since Fly isn't required.
>>
>>25000000
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.