[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>To mark the 20th anniversary of Pokemon this year, the Pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: 1448344682118.jpg (3MB, 2742x1823px) Image search: [Google]
1448344682118.jpg
3MB, 2742x1823px
>To mark the 20th anniversary of Pokemon this year, the Pokemon Company has announced a number of upcoming promotions, starting with a Super Bowl ad that will air during the game on February 7th.

POKEMON Z IS GONNA BE ANNOUNCED AT THE FUCKING SUPER BOWL, LESS THAN A MONTH FROM NOW, IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING
>>
>>24990503
wew lad
>>
>>24990503
sauce pls
>>
>implying it won't be Go or the RBY rerelease
>>
probably a GO add to cash in on the gen 1 normies
>>
>>24990503
>Pokémon is now being associated with football
Wow they're really going down the normie road, aren't they?
>>
Nope. They're just going to reveal the new special 3DS to the normies.
>>
>>24990559
>Super Bowl full of dude bro normies nostalgiafags.
I agree with this.
>>
>>24990567
And that's bad, why? More coverage for Pokemon and you get to watch the super bowl. Win/win
>>
>>24990579
I'm not American and I've never cared about football for a single minute in my whole life though.
>>
>>24990594
I am American and I've never cared about football for a single minute in my whole life.

Guess that means no Americans care about football Americano, damn.
>>
File: image.jpg (200KB, 600x581px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
200KB, 600x581px
>>24990503
>mfw so many gullible fags will watch the entire super bowl and not a single Pokémon ad comes up
>>
>>24990542
Literally first link on google
>>
>ad contains a game of "who's that pokemon" that airs early during the game and has a followup

>it's just a fucking pikachu
>>
>>24990567
>Superbowl
>Football

handegg*
>>
>>24990653
bullshit
first link on google redirects to google
>>
>>24990662
and then there's this faggot
>>
>>24990665
http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/12/10754086/pokemon-20th-anniversary-super-bowl-commercial

>They say "Train On!"
Yep, it'll be Go and nothing to do with Z

Article also mentions a fuck load of stuff they're doing I had no idea about.
Z will have to wait for 2017 mark my words.
>>
The super bowl commercial will absolutely without a doubt be Pokemon Go related.
>>
While the super bowl is broadcast in a shitload of countries these days, the super bowl ads are only shown in murrica.
Gamefreak is not going to announce a new main series entry on live television in a US-only broadcast.
>>
>>24990567
That makes sense though, doesn't it? Genwunners stopped playing after gen 1/2, grew up to be normals, and normal people watch the super bowl. I'm always finding people who are surprised Pokemon is still around, so advertising it somewhere like that would work.
>>
>>24990503
It's going to be Go. Go > Z
>>
>>24990894
>Z will have to wait for 2017 mark my words.

Yeah no main game in the 20th annivesary year, especioally after a year break. How stupid are you?
>>
>rerelease of hard to find Pokemon amiibo
They just did that like two months ago. Lucario and Greninja shelfwarm these days.
>>
>>24990567
Pokemon has always been for 'normies.' It's one of the best selling video hame series. What kind of dingus would suggest that it were for 'hardcore' gamers?
>>
Pokemon Z announcement;

>Superbowl ad comes up, totally not obvious that it's pokemon
>A few fighting types playing football
>Pikachu comes rushing in in football gear, does a volt tackle on the guy with the ball
>It's an ad for Pokken Tournament, Football Player Pikachu is its own character
>>
File: 1420993449154.gif (164KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1420993449154.gif
164KB, 320x240px
It's probably gonna be another Pokemon Go ad.
>>
>>24991019
This. It's just going to be an ad for the special edition "new" 3DS and the virtual console re-releases. A lot of pokemon fans are now in their 20s, a great time to cash in on nostalgia since they've been out of childhood for a while and have money to throw around on this.
>>24991066
There's a difference between casual gamers and normies.
>>
>>24990602
Fuck off Boco
>>
>>24990503
http://www.theverge.com/2016/1/12/10754086/pokemon-20th-anniversary-super-bowl-commercial
>Pokemon won't be the first game to get a Super Bowl commercial. There were quite a few last year, all of which were for mobile games. Before that, a trailer for EA's Dante's Inferno ran during the Super Bowl in 2010.
>Mobile games
:'(
>>
It's better than Kate Upton doing ads for mobile games
>>
>>24991153
Oops wrong link

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/pokemon-ad-to-air-during-super-bowl-50/1100-6433724/
>>
>>24991154
>being gay
>>
>>24991163
Worse: female
>>
>>24991163
>>24991169
What about both?
>>
>yfw game freak wins the superb owl
>>
>>24991176
then you wouldn't be watching football
>>
Super Bowl on my birthday so I'll be watching it anyways, my team has no chance but those cocky patriots will so I'll be dragged to the bar with my mates by default
If anything a pokemon advert will be a godsend
>>
If it's true, it's gonna be for Go or Red/Blue for 3DS.
Normies are genwunners and aren't gonna want Z, and anyone who would want it wouldn't need an ad at the Superbowl in order to know it's coming out.
Go, on the other hand, would appeal to genwunners, and would therefore actually benefit from being shown at the Superbowl.
>>
File: image.jpg (40KB, 245x295px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40KB, 245x295px
I don't think I can watch after we lost to the fucking Seahawks
>>
>>24991153
Go is also a mobile game
>>
>>24991224
OP is expecting a Z announcement.
Besides, I personally don't give a fuck about Go.
>>
Makes sense, only normies watch the superbowl and it's the perfect opportunity to cash in on the "muh original 151" nostalgia.
>>
>>24991206
>we lost
I didnt think many football players went on /vp/
>>
>>24990567
>Football

Anon...
>>
>>24991421

Why is a leprechaun going on a date with that vase?
>>
>>24991649
He's the new Champion in Z.
>>
>>24990567
It's the 20th anniversary, so they're probably just pandering to the people who played Pokemon when Red and Blue first came out in '98 and has stopped playing Pokemon since then.
>>
>>24990503
Yeah no, nobody here is that stupid.
>>
Football and Poekmon don't mix.
They never have and never will.
It's not like Nate Irving plays or anything.
>>
Your a fucking retard if you think it's not going to be the Classic Pokemon Red and Blue 3DS bundles

>>>>>Revealing Pokemon Z on America first

football is america exclusive

If anything they'll reveal it in a worldwide direct
>>
>>24991386
There was an NFL player that used post here
>>
>>24991421
The sport that "man" plays is called soccer in the english language. All of the english speaking world other than great britain calls it that (Ireland, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, NZ). England used to do so as well until they decided they wanted no association with americans and shunned the name just so they could call americans idiots for saying soccer.
but it's soccer, faggot
>>
>>24990662
Originally, the only way to move the ball forward was kicking it.
Only Whimsicotts post this.
>>
>>24995376
Anon... the world not is only 'Murica...
>>
>>24995376
well, fortunately, the whole world don't speak english... and in many others languages, football is used for this sport played with an actual ball which you push with your foot... hence the name I guess...

but, out of that detail, I can't say which one I care less about.
>>
>>24997328
oh, and forgot one thing : the official organization which organize all the worldwide bullshit is called FIFA : The Fédération Internationale de Football Association.

Well, yes, their name is rubbish and it sounds silly in french AND in english but still, it's how those retards named themselves so... yes, every time ameritards speak about their rugby rip-off, expect a reminder.
>>
>>24995376
>(Ireland, USA, Canada, South Africa, Australia, NZ).
Only Canada and the USA call it soccer.
Everywhere else calls it Football on top of that non english speaking countries call it shit like Futbol, Futebol, Fussball and so on.

American's basically started calling it soccer to be different from everyone else.
>>
>>24998926

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2014/06/why-we-call-soccer-soccer/372771/
>>
File: 1445377683271.png (39KB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1445377683271.png
39KB, 298x300px
>>24999018
>called football
>shortened to soccor derived from the association part rather than football
>people over time saw how retarded because Rugby and Football can just be shortened and accurately describe each game
>America picking up dead slang as an official term
Good lord.
And to think you people couldn't get any more retarded.
>>
>>24999076
no, we picked up soccer, as did canada, ireland, and australia, because we all already had another form of football, though that one is rather misnamed as well
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.