[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we all agree that the worst part of ORAS was that EVERYTHING

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: Megars.png (3MB, 1655x894px) Image search: [Google]
Megars.png
3MB, 1655x894px
Can we all agree that the worst part of ORAS was that EVERYTHING was revealed before launch?
>>
Pretty much.
Remember the official map that covered the Battle Resort with clouds so we didn't know what was there? I was hoping it was because they wanted Frontier to be a surprise. They never planned to put it in or already knew they wouldn't be bale to.
>>
I blame japanese marketing
>>
This is why I steer clear from /vp whenever actual leaks of a new mainline game happen. By the end of it the game isn't even a surprise anymore, to whatever degree mainline games are capable of surprising you.
>>
For me the worst part was the execution of the pacing and storyline (especially the Delta episode) along with just plain laziness nearly everywhere.
The revealing of pretty much everything also played a part in destroying the excitement which was already lacking in the first place.
The only things I actually liked about ORAS were the soundtrack remixes and some of the character redesigns.
>>
>>24984622
yeah because so much was leaked
>>
>>24984640
This. I just myself out until the usual shitstorm is over and return when the game is released. At least then I get to be sort of surprised by things
>>
That's not the WORST part, it's merely a symptom of the game having nothing going for it outside of Megas and Dexnav.
>>
>No do not program any good moves on his Camerupt! We do not want any kids losing and giving up!
>>
>>24984622
Your fault for consuming the media. Everything about HGSS was revealed before launch too. Unlike with HGSS, ORAS at least gave us a good game.
>>
>>24984678
>Everything about HGSS was revealed before launch too

Actually, I remember there being quite a lot of things we didn't find out. None of the changes to Kanto were revealed prior to release, for example. BW1 also barely showed anything past Nimbasa City.

With ORAS, there was no choice but to reveal everything, because their wasn't much to talk about in the first place.
>>
>>24984678
b8
>>
>>24984667
shut myself* damn it
>>
>>24984675
>Not even one STAB move
Holy shit
>>
File: RSE.png (42KB, 787x394px) Image search: [Google]
RSE.png
42KB, 787x394px
>>24984675
For the sake of comparison.
>>
>>24984622
Disagree.
>>
>>24984675
orasfags will defend this.
>>
>>24984778
I can, actually

See
>>24984721
>>
File: 1422757323247.gif (942KB, 260x195px) Image search: [Google]
1422757323247.gif
942KB, 260x195px
>>24984625
>>24984653
>>24984671
This is all very very correct.
>>
>>24984781
You didn't make any points. The old moveset is clearly superior.
>>
>>24984622
>Can we all agree
bitch please
>>
>>24984781
Gamefreak knows how to make a better set. They deliberately made the story moveset shit.

See the battle maison moveset. They clearly don't have a problem consciously watering down the stories difficultly.
>>
File: Archie then and now.jpg (230KB, 430x743px) Image search: [Google]
Archie then and now.jpg
230KB, 430x743px
Archie in Sapphire and AS.
>>
>>24984675
>>24984721
I rather say both are equally shit. Camerupt, and all the others, only have their level up moves in reality. This could be easily edited in both games. However, it seems like they were never meant to be challenging at all. It's almost like they really wanted to waste that good - in Pokemon standards, obviously - and all the plot. I think that's basically the protagonist needs to look like a hero to the children who played the game feel stronger or something.

The biggest problem with ORAS is simply that when we first played it felt more like a challenge then it does now. Not because the games were harder (you can use the argument about Emerald or how gym teams were better in Gen 3, but still). It's because we grew up. However, not having a difficulty option really breaks the chance of making up with that issue, but who gives a shit about it after they just made entire remakes unremarkable by this same reason.

I could stay all day talking about many other things like "mfw no bf", but I can't hide the fact that if I couldn't have all those megas from the start, that silly Lati@s appearance or lots of overleveled mons, the experience would be a lot more refreshing, even with rushed maps or plain stupid AI.
>>
Can we talk about how the gen 6 battle engine looks like shit?

3d is cool but they half assed it.
>All trainer classes don't have models
>Trainers are not visible during battle like in the gamecube games and pbr
>Pokemon immune to earthquake still flinch as if they are taking damage
>Same if the attack misses one Pokemon in doubles. They flinch as if it hit

I could go on if I wanted to.
>>
>>24984844
It's because the models were pointlessly detailed and had a ridiculous polygon count. It made sense for Amie but in battle it slows down everything.
It's Gen 7's biggest challenge to resolve.
>>
>>24984622
If they ever do Z or whatever, I hope they don't reveal any new megas/forms/or anything else tied to the plot. I want to be surprised.

But they're gonna do it anyway...at least leave most of everything else for the player to discover.
>>
>>24985076
Blame the dataminers that are convinced their leaks are a service.
>>
>>24984622
Yes, I can totally agree with that.

Whoever thought that was a good marketing strategy needs to be fired.
>>
>>24984865

Gen 7 won't change the models, they're deliberately future proof. The "solution" will be better hardware.
>>
>>24985085
The only thing the datamine revealed that GF didn't before launch was Unbound Hoopa.
>>
>>24984865
No? The models dont have to be amazing, just make the yokai watch standard. You under estimate optimisation for the 3ds
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.