[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember how mad people on here got at injecting? Nowadays, save

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 8

File: 1306809563765.png (73KB, 281x259px) Image search: [Google]
1306809563765.png
73KB, 281x259px
Remember how mad people on here got at injecting? Nowadays, save editing is so easy that anyone can do it in seconds.

Have breeders just been on a constant suicide watch lately?
>>
>>24983203
no because for some reason they still value "legitimacy."
they don't care if the inject is "legal" they want it to be "real."

buncha weirdos if you ask me. unless its one you actually grew with, and have sentimental attachment and a story to, a pokemon is just data.

if you're just spending hours upon hours riding a bike and spawning eggs, you're not bonding with anything. You might even be circling lumiose tower with your d-pad held down by tape, not even present with the game anymore. That's not a bro. Its just data you had to spend hours or days (if you didn't have good breeding stock to start with) eugenics-ing for. If all you want is the stats, no memories, just save your time and inject. There's no heart involved to care about "realness" or "memories," don't even act like it.
>>
>>24983237
I want to not be a filthy cheater
>>
>>24983203
>Have breeders just been on a constant suicide watch lately?

They huddle close to other for warmth while they slowly starve to death.
>>
>>24983265
you're already going to be a heartless smogonfag. why care about one more evil on the list?
>>
>>24983399
>a heartless smogonfag
No, I would rather not be a scrub.

Yes, smogonfags are, by Sirlin's definition, a scrub.
>>
>>24983265
If Ray Rizzo can do it without any reprecussions then it doesn't matter
>>
>>24983404
if you're caring about perfect IVs and moves, only stats not memories, are you not sort of inherently a smogonfag?
You only play for the competitive aspect, the raw data, not the monsters it represents.
>>
>>24983644
Not all competitive is Smogon, anon. Smogon isn't even official competitive, it's a scrub circlejerk.

See also: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
>>
>>24983688
butthurt vgcfag detected
>>
>>24983691
>resorting to ad hominems
Did you even read the thing I linked? Most of it fits Smogon to a T.
>>
>>24983732
>arguing with one of Haunter's white knights
Anon....
>>
>yfw GF can stop this
>yfw they don't
>yfw they overhaul the data system like they did in gen III
>yfw they blame injecting
>>
Uh...........hi.........
>>
>>24983732
no, I didn't read the thing you linked, mr. vgcfag, because it doesn't matter. Smogon is the superior metagame because more pokemon are viable.
>>
>>24983804
Enjoy your mental prison.
>>
>>24983808
I can't enjoy it because I don't play vgc
>>
File: Begging the Question.jpg (41KB, 448x252px) Image search: [Google]
Begging the Question.jpg
41KB, 448x252px
>>24983810
>>
>>24983816
>using memes in place of a valid rebuttal
>>
>>24983808
I'm curious as to how playing by Smogon rules is a 'mental prison'.

Is the argument 'Smogonfags can't beat X, therefore they just ban it rather than think up new strategies'? Because I'd argue Smogonfags are the people putting the most effort into breaking the Pokemon games, which is how they find broken things that they want banned.
>>
Guys, please stop fighting. We all have our preferences, it is foolish to squabble over them
>>
>>24983830
My preference is 'no preference' and your post triggered me.
>>
People who don't spend their whole lives breeding pokemon aren't real pokemon fans.

They are as bad as gen 1ers.. Fuk that..

These fucking scum bag cheaters would rather go outside and have a 3dpd girlfriend than wank to cartoon characters and live in ther mums basement.

Cheaters are what makes pokemon fans look bad imo.
>>
>>24983237
Karenfag for the story but Smogonfag for competitve. Isn't that how it should be?
>>
>>24983836
Nice falseflag.
>>
If you breed, you better do it with pokemon you caught in the friend safari because guess what, that 6IV jap ditto in your daycare was injected, and all you're doing is lengthening the process of "cheating".
>>
>>24983871
I'd venture to say that more than half of the pokemon in existence have been injected or pokegen'd. Unless you go full-hermit and catch your own breeding material, you can't be absolutely sure you're legit.
>>
>>24983822
Okay, I'll bite...

>>24983824
>Is the argument 'Smogonfags can't beat X, therefore they just ban it rather than think up new strategies'?
That's exactly what scrubs are like; they'll call cheap when you use the proverbial throw that gets past their proverbial block. The good players, on the other hand, abuse the "cheap stuff", know how to stop it, and know how to stop others from stopping it so they can keep using it. The good player will attempt to turn the game to the direction of their own advantage.

It's all a matter of what you do when you come across someone using a strategy that you can't beat right now. Will you try to find a way to beat it, or will you ignore your loss and cry cheap?
>>
>>24983880
half of the battle ready mons anyways

breeders have boxes upon boxes of lvl 1 mons
>>
>mega rayquaza
>primals
>mega kanga
>evasion
>OHKO
>funbro
>swagger klefki

hahahahaha smogon isn't needed at all it's just for faggots who can't beat legendaries xD
>>
>>24983840
Sure.

So you play the story, make memories with bros on your journey, then inject your competitive mons, in whom you don't really care about sentiment so much as stats, as the creation of a perfect stated mon is not an enjoyable or even memorable journey, just a chore.
That's what I do.

You may eventually have a journey with those competition mons, how you rose through the ranks as the best team ever, but that is a journey of tactics and competition, of mindgames and planning, not of physical growth. As such, that you designed them, made them exactly what you envisioned, learned how they work a a unit, then led them to victory is more the important factor rather than their origin.
>>
>>24983900
>still not herbomancy
por qua?
>>
>>24983924
I dunno man. Plowing through the game isn't fun anymore. I kind of like bros that suck - no homo - so that I at least have some chance of failure.
>>
File: 1433986451449.png (19KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1433986451449.png
19KB, 1920x1200px
>>24983237
>you're not bonding with anything
FILTHY CHEATER
U
C
K

Y
O
U
>>
>>24983840
This is /vp/, one of the worst containment boards. You either don't care how others play, or you're a closet furry who's basically just screaming all day >LE KAREN AND SIRLIN EBIN SCRUB LELELELELELE XDXDXDXDXD
>>
>>24983892
It's not banning because things aren't being beaten by X people. It's related but not exactly so. Smogon's rules aren't as a set of people ignoring what is "cheap", rather removing what is clearly broken and over centralizing for each environment in a tiered system for more balanced and varied play within each tier.

The mental prison would be to not use a certain Pokemon which is defined within a metagame to be valid for use, that you personally do not use even though it would be a complete upgrade for you.

In comparison VGC is basically a clusterfuck of the same four Pokemon over and over because almost everything's allowed. The only way a Smogonfag would be scrubby with its own rules, is to go into VGC and hold some kind of code of honor to not use things which would be banned in Smogon OU or something,

Nothing wrong with establishing a game to play, essentially.
>>
>>24983937
>so that I at least have some chance of failure
Without a Game Over screen showing up when you lose, your only failure is you giving up.

I think those Rareware collectathons on the N64 were on to something when they showed the Game Over animation whenever you quit...
>>
File: 1445433926443.jpg (28KB, 355x400px) Image search: [Google]
1445433926443.jpg
28KB, 355x400px
I like to play the game
I like to have a connection to my pokemon
Tourneyfags go
Pokemon are NOT tools
>>
>>24983970
You have an emotional attachment to 0's and 1's.
>>
>wanting to bond with a bunch of pixels and data
>>
>>24983979
>>24984014
le doylist is the only perspective that matters meme

we cannot discuss how things work in-universe, any discussions about such will be derailed to be about the creators' decisions xD
>>
>>24984019
I never said your emotional attachment was good or bad, I merely stated a fact. However, the fact that you treat it like I said a bad thing shows that you do in fact understand your position.
>>
>>24983937
If you want to play the competitive with your ingame team for an added challenge, go ahead. there's nothing to stop you.
and injecting wold actually be more work, since you already have your team.

injecting is mostly only just a tool for getting a pvp competitive team, created perfectly to your specifications, quickly.
if you don't care about minor deviations from the optimum scenario (your case), or don't care about wasting time (the friendless autist's case), or don't intend to ever pvp (the casual's case), then there's no need.
>>
>>24983949
but why would you ever be a closet furry when /trash/ exists, and is actually a pretty chill place?

like, realtalk, its actually got a lot less shitposting problems than here.
everybody stays on topic, and friendly, and fairly high quality.
>>
>>24983979
>>24984014
see, these are the aformentioned smogon/tourneyfags.

they have every reason to gen, and no real reason not to.

>>24983970
and this is the guy playing for memories and the journey.

he has no reason to gen, and a severe lose off meaning to do so.

And for those that do both, por que no las dos?
>>24983924
have your journey, then when you decide you want a break from that or yo feel your jounrey has come to an end, spawn in your uber-mon-sch and do pvp without any of the pointless grinding required to get your team made.

the only exceptions should be like this guy here, >>24983937 where they want to play the pvp with their journeymon as a continuation of said journey. and this is fine, so long as he's willing to accept he may be at a disadvantage doing so.

but even then he's not wasting time breeding and breeding and breeding to make his team. it already exists, he spent his entire journey making it.

Basically, what I'm saying is, there's no reason to ever breed a team anymore. If you only want the journey, chainbreeding doesn't supply that, only having a journey with them will. If you only want the stats, injecting is faster. If you want both, you already have your team from when you journeyed. There is no reason to ever spend hours breeding again, except maybe pokedex completion, which is a journey of sorts that could still require it.
>>
File: 1434235740224.jpg (14KB, 220x320px) Image search: [Google]
1434235740224.jpg
14KB, 220x320px
>>24984066
You're jumping the gun, "You have an emotional attachment to 0's and 1's." is not an insult, it is a matter of fact. It's something that can be taken either good or bad depending on how you see fit, and the fact that you, too, believe it to be a bad thing just shows that you believe bonding with data is a bad thing. It's exactly like putting a glass in front you you and saying "half of this glass contains water". It's a fact, how you perceive it is entirely a matter of personal affairs. But agian, taking my phrase and treating it like an insult shows you're insecure about your relationship with your data.
>>
>>24984024
>>24984087
>You're jumping the gun
Ah, my mistake. However, I doubt that >>24984014 was taking a neutral stance like you were
>>
I can get why people stopped breeding. It's kind of a pain. Hell, I just play Showdown now because I'm that lazy.
>>
File: ySSb6If.jpg (227KB, 1000x1375px) Image search: [Google]
ySSb6If.jpg
227KB, 1000x1375px
>>24983979
>>24984014
No bro I like the atoms in the circuits
>>
>>24984087
did I say it was bad? No.
I said it was a predominantly tourney/smogon mindset.
>>
>>24984087
>>
>>24984087
where did he use your phrase as an insult?

all he did was explain the two mindsets, their meeting point, then say there's no reason to ever manually breed a pokemon anymore.
>>
>>24984087
>#PostingPseudointellectualDrivelToMakeMyselfFeelSmarterOnAnImageboardAboutAChildrensVideogame
>>
File: image.jpg (25KB, 386x381px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
25KB, 386x381px
>>24984087
>>
>>24984173
You can't disprove that what I'm saying is objectively true.

You're all acting completely illogical, being defensive over your imagined relationship with inanimate, immaterial objects.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.