[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This vidya generation >Monster Hunter arrived to Nintendo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: 1452467443455.jpg (417KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
1452467443455.jpg
417KB, 960x544px
>This vidya generation
>Monster Hunter arrived to Nintendo handhelds and has been very, very successful
>Yokai Watch is born and puts lots of pressure to GameFreak by gaining a huge young fanbase
>Digimon is reborn and comes with very good quality games

So, will GameFreak wake up in front of all this competition giving us a glorious 7th gen full of content and the quality Pokémon deserves as a best seller franchise?
Or are they going to keep stagnating like they did with ORAS?
>>
>>24982024
is that charmander?
>>
>digimon games
>lots of content
>>
>>24982024
A well-seasoned bait. I don't even know where to bite first
>>
>>24982043
Where's the bait in this?
>>24982036
I didn't really say that.

Well, I guess with this fanbase GameFreak doesn't need to put any effort. You are all going to accept whatever they make.
>>
>>24982043
>things I don't agree with =/= bait

MH3 or 4 are infinitely worth more of a buy than ORAS.
>>
>>24982057
Don't even bother, anon. The same shitty defense force for ORAS calls the entire previous generation bad just because they didn't like it. These people don't know shit about quality.
>>
>>24982072
I guess so.
Most people here just blindly accept GF's decissions because they are too autistic to criticize what they love.
>>
>>24982024
>Yokai Watch "Pressuring" Game Freak when it bombed in anywhere not-japan and constantly seeing people saying it's dying down in japan
>Barely anyone talking about Digimon
>Monster Hunter isn't even a turn-based monster capture/train game
>>
File: 1447442729343.jpg (29KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1447442729343.jpg
29KB, 240x320px
Gamefreak doesn't need to do anything. Pokemon is eternal.
>>
I haven't heard a thing about Yokai's sales. Did it really do well?
>>
>>24982024
I'll bite:
I fucking hope so. My real life headcannon here is that Z or whatever was going to be released last year, but given the things in your post and the overwhelmingly negative fan response (when I say overwhelming, I mean "hardcore fans in Japan and abroad) to ORAS lack of content "haha I don't really know" and all, they realized it would be a huge flop, and are now adding all kinds of features and connectability to really assert pokemons dominance of the genre.
That's what I keep telling myself
That's what I keep telling myself
>>
>>24982133
For a while it was The Pokemon Killer in Japland because its games were selling great and the anime was considered better

Right now the sales for the sequels didn't match up to its first game and the ratings for the anime have petered down to around the same ratings the pokeyman animu gets. In the West, it still hasn't really caught on at all and probably isn't capable of being a global franchise like Pokemon
>>
>>24982139
I actually quite enjoyed ORAS, if only because XY were such a fucking bore I died inside a little.
>>
>>24982139
Let's hope.
If anything, it will be The Pokémon Company who will force GF to work harder. GameFreak is pretty comfortable being richer than they ever wished to be. And their main work consists on traveling the world getting "inspiration" or have fun making art and posting on social media. They don't feel any pressure by themselevs.
>>
>>24982024
Competition makes companies wake the fuck up.
Maybe the 8th gen will change something.
>>
>>24982145
>In the West, it still hasn't really caught on at all

it will never catch on, it's to Japanese for kiddies
>>
>>24982133

No, it flopped bad in the U.S. Was by far Nintendo of America's worst-selling major Christmas release for 2015. Tri Force Heroes, Super Mystery Dungeon, Happy Home Designer, etc. all ran rings around it.
>>
>>24982333
let's not forget that the anime dub is a fucking embarrassment, way worse than current Pokemon
>>
>>24982435

It's on fucking Disney XD, where like 150,000 people watch it.
>>
>>24982133
I know that its merchandise has been shelfwarming at my local Target.
>>
>>24982024
Yokai Watch won't catch on, it's way too culturally Japanese. I'd consider getting the game if I more familiar with Japanese culture, but I'm not, and so the game has no appeal.
Digimon is convoluted and has a design style that doesn't appeal to me.
>>
>>24982381
source?
>>
>>24982024
>Digimon is reborn and comes with very good quality games

this is what faggots who never played a Digimon Story game says
>>
>>24982024
>Comparing MonHun to Pokemon
For what reason? They're extremely different games.
Is YW even popular outside of Japan?
Don't know about Digimon to be honest.
Also are these games' sales comparable to the total sales of XY and ORAS? Last I checked XY were still the best selling and ORAS were pretty up there, MonHun was in the top 10.
Also
>Game Freak
>Caring about the "quality" of their games post BW2
>Frame rate issues and future proofed models up the wazzoo
>No New 3DS hardware support
>Pandering to Mobile-fags and babbies
Nah, unrealistic expectations
>>
>>24982723
best selling 3DS titles*
>>
pokemon still has the best monster catching system
>>
>>24982057

I just don't see the point in comparing.

There hasn't even been a digimon game that uses a third of the Digimon that exist
>>
>>24982119
>Constantly seeing people saying it's dying down in japan
That's got to be bullshit since it's newest film beat out mother fucking Star Wars.
>>
>>24982024
>Or are they going to keep stagnating like they did with ORAS?
?
ORAS is the best remake yet, though.
>>
>>24982784
To be honest, every Pokemon remake has a glaring flaw that we can't help but notice in retrospect.
>FRLG has the inability to use cross-gen evos until postgame
>HGSS has not improved the level curve
>ORAS has a moderate-to-severe lack of content
>>
File: 56843.png (407KB, 929x567px) Image search: [Google]
56843.png
407KB, 929x567px
>>24982755

Star Wars isn't in the East what it is in the West. It lost out in South Korea too (pic related).

The 2015 YW movie did half as well as the 2014 one did. The Japanese merchandise sales and anime ratings are both way down too. Make no mistake it's extremely popular in Japan, but it's unquestionably in its decline phase.
>>
>>24983013
>half
it already surpassed the first one's success
>>
>>24982544
probably vgcharts.

According to them since its release, YW sold about 100k before the end of 2015.

NPD reports that YW sold 71K in a month and possible 110k in digital sales
>>
Pokemon needs to lose millions in sales and merch before they even think of making it good
>>
>>24982024
>is gamefreak going to make a good pokemon game ?
no they are not going to,X/Y and ORAS lacked of content,and when gen 7 will come out the hype about it will be enough to the point where gamefreak doesn't need to do anything
>>
>>24984731
slap the word pokemon on any name and it sells.
Fallout Pokemon? everyone loves it
Metal Gear Solid VI: Pokemon Palp? Diamond mine.
Super Pokemon World? Came coins
>>
>>24984731
>>24984811
Do you just not know how to type properly?
>>
File: moco.jpg (44KB, 540x309px) Image search: [Google]
moco.jpg
44KB, 540x309px
>>24982024
lets not forget about the boom of other pokemon killers on the 3ds
>>
>>24984925
PAL version never
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.