[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, I'm trying to join the ride. Which Pokémon game is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1447270844324.jpg (102KB, 899x811px) Image search: [Google]
1447270844324.jpg
102KB, 899x811px
Hi, I'm trying to join the ride. Which Pokémon game is the best for a newcomer?
>>
>>24978610
pokemon snap is best intro to the series tbqh
>>
>>24978610
Fire Red or Leaf Green. After that play Heart Gold or Soul Silver.

Then you're free to play any game of the series.
>>
>>24978610
Pokemon Colosseum
>>
File: ....jpg (113KB, 863x713px) Image search: [Google]
....jpg
113KB, 863x713px
>>24978618
>>
>>24978610
Do you have a 3DS? If so, try to play X or Y.
After that you can try to backtrack to old games.
>>
>>24978610
Pokémon Red and Blue.
Then Pokémon Silver and Gold.
Then move on to Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. Then move on to Pokémon Pearl and Diamond.
>>
I'ld suggest to start at gen 3. But to be honest, you could just pick up the most recent main game title and you'll be fine.
>>
Red and Blue: The originals, have aged about as well as movies from the 1910s
FireRed and LeafGreen: Remakes of the originals, give you lots of gadgets to help explain game mechanics
Black and White: Best games
X and Y: Current generation, not the best but it's what we mostly talk about
>>
>>24978638
>not the objectively superior third versions
>>
Probably FireRed LeafGreen first. If you really digged that you can go on with Emerald or for a newer feeling Platinum or HeartGold Soulsilver.
Then you could go oldschool with Red/Blue and Crystal if you feel like it. Black/White and Black/White2 are also amazing games (of course play Black/White first then BW2) but I feel like you should only play them after you've tried either/both Platinum and HeartGold Soulsilver.
Then you can move on to XY and/or ORAS.
>>
>>24978654

And from Black and White, which version you enjoyed the most?
>>
If you just want a Pokemon game to play

Black 2 White 2 is absolutely perfect

Though Gen 6 is also pretty neat with its variety between gens
>>
>>24978712
BW2 is a horrible starting point for someone who has no knowledge of the series. Not only is it a sequel, but it has one of the weakest and most intrusive stories in Pokemon, precious little exploration, and several early chokepoints that would cause a new player to quit the game. The glory of PWT and the great Pokedex aren't worth slogging through the rest unless you're really into Pokemon,

OP, go for Fire Red/Leaf Green if you can, followed by Heart Gold/Soul Silver. Both are great remakes of their original games that still hold up. (HGSS in particular) BW2 and Platinum are often referred to as the best Pokemon games, but I wouldn't recommend them to a beginner.
>>
>>24978632
this

x/y is easily the best starting point in the series - it's not grindy, looks good, has a pretty damn huge local pokedex and is riddled with gen 1 pokemon so you don't feel completely alienated if all you know is early anime seasons
>>
>>24978666
Personally liked White, mostly comes down to what Version exclusives you want.
>>
>>24978610
Crystal>emerald> frlg>hgss>platinum>bw2>wait for new game "z"
Fuck the rest
>>
>>24978610
Platinum
>>
>>24978610
Pokémon Vega
>>
>>24978818
< is the one that means less than anon
>>
>>24978830
Just ranking via difficulty
Easiest to "hardest"
>>
>>24978618
That was my intro to the N64
Purple controller still works fine, dead as my console is
>>
FireRed / LeafGreen was designed for newcomers in mind, but it was releasd 10 years ago so it's mechanically outdated despite aging decently.

You might as well just start with XY since they're the newest non-remake games in the series.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.