[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you want from a Pokemon fangame or romhack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: 200px-XY_Pokedex.png (41KB, 200x164px) Image search: [Google]
200px-XY_Pokedex.png
41KB, 200x164px
What do you want from a Pokemon fangame or romhack?
>>
1. Close adherence to the way Gamefreak does things. Without this, it wouldn't feel like a Pokemon game.
2. New ideas Gamefreak hasn't done before or simply wouldn't do. Without this, the hack fails to justify its own existence.

Balancing these two opposing goals is the key to making a good romhack imo
>>
>>24975861
I just want a new region to explore
>>
>>24975861
ONLY FUCKING THING I WANT IS 718 IN ONE GAME, FROM THE START. I DONT CARE IF IT COST 100 SHEKELS I WOULD BUY IT.
>>
>>24975861
Dating sim with BELIEVABLE lesbians
>>
>>24975861
I legitimately just want a hack of OR/AS where both models of May are visibly pregnant. That's it.
>>
>>24975861
to stop existing because they arent real games
>>
>>24975890
This + no fakemon + good story, lore, and characters
>>
>>24976086
Either no fakemon or only fakemon. No in between though. Those ones tend to be the worst.
>>
>>24975861
GSC hack with all 721 pokemon and gen 6 mechanics. Not even a new thing, just needs the time to implement them all.

It's relatively simple, I need it.
>>
>>24976142
>GSC hack with all 721 pokemon
Impossible, in GSC the Pokemon count can't go above 255.

Or was it 256?
>>
A new region with good balance and a simple basic story
>>
>>24975890
Pretty much this, though I'd also specifically ask for some well-written recurring characters.
>>
>>24975890
>Close adherence to the way Gamefreak does things
>New ideas Gamefreak simply wouldn't do
>>
>>24976215
>balancing these two opposing goals
>>
>>24975861
Good music
If I hear the battle theme 50000 times it better not suck
>>
Literally just balance changes and a harder main story.

Give pokemon types that they actually should have and make every fully evolved pokemon at least SEMI viable. I mean, it's at least sorta possible right?
>>
>>24975861
violence and swearing
>>
>>24975954
pokemon insurgence has more :^)
>>
>>24975890
So PMD and the Colosseum series weren't Pokemon games?

This is the problem I have with /vp/'s problem with fangames. You're all so hopelessly fucking stupid when you think you know what would make a good fangame.

You ask for a basic story that doesn't immediately shoehorn the player into some undesirable situation, but then complain that those stories are too bland and boring.

You complain you want more difficulty in a game, but then you realize that unless drastic measures are taken, it's easy to just overpower a tough enemy by leveling.

You want well written characters, but then you don't have a first-hand idea what would even make a character well written. Most of you probably just regurgitate the term anyway whenever you feel like criticizing something.

You complain about how you want reasonable type changes and small little tweaks to existing mechanics but then usually complain when a fangame does this.

Keep in mind I'm not addressing you, but the whole thread. As a hobby, I've worked on fangames I've though were good or bad, and all I can say from general observation is that /vp/ bar a few folks in the /heg/ (which probably doesn't exist anymore) should never touch any hacking program or Essentials or whatever to make a fangame.
>>
>>24978855
From what I've seen most of these things are a fine balance. Too much one way or the other and it's flawed. /v/ and its sisters tend to intensely magnify flaws, but flaws they often are.
>>
Figure out how to get the game to produce eggs from compatible pokemon right in your party, even with a single pokemon that would be compatible with the player trainer
>>
>>24978855
>So PMD and the Colosseum series weren't Pokemon games?
They aren't mainline Pokemon games, no. I was referring to mainline Pokemon games. Spinoff titles are a different animal entirely.
>/vp/ doesn't know what it want, should never make a game etc etc
I assume you know /vp/ isn't one person.
With that out of the way, I actually agree with you. I spent a year working on Sage back when it was on /vp/ and it was a rough climb. I think the biggest problem is that /vp/ generally approaches game design as a player rather than a designer. They ask "what do I want to do?" rather than "what will the player want to do?", and they way these questions should be answered is radically different.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.