[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jurassic Park type pokemon game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 46

So i know most of the "games" that this board made like the south american and australian one never go far and crash and burn. But how about one based off a sort of Land of the Lost scenario, you end up on a continent where pokemon never evolved into their modern day counterparts, pokemon would be dinosaurs and prehistoric animals and some would be the ancestors of modern pokemon. Civilization would be small outposts and towns set up for scientific research (provide you with pokeballs and medical supplies) that lie on the coasts, as you go deeper in you get farther from civilization you come across native tribes who are still wary of outsiders they have a prehistoric version of pokeballs and the gym leaders would be chiefs or champions of the village.
>>
>>24968093
>The south american game
But that's still in the works anon

But I'm all for making prehistoric pokedex. But does it have to actually be a game? Can't we just have fun making the region and pokemon and map without needing it to be functioning game? Because that's why people usually abandon these projects.
>>
>>24968093
bumping this thread because I'm mildly interested if we do this>>24968149
>>
>>24968149
We could always make a less traditional game. It doesn't have to be "Get 8 badges and beat E4"

It all seems way too convenient that even ancient tribes had pokemon gyms. How about we make just 3 or 4 towns and some dungeons? Maybe an overarching plot about an Aerodactyl or something stealing cattle.
>>
this sounds rather interesting
>>
>>24969203
what about a prehistoric sharpedo which is basically like a megalodon?
>>
>>24968093
This sounds like a cool idea, but be warned. If you really want this to succeed, you need to be able to put up with oceans of shitposting. As you probably know, when someone dislikes a pokemon idea that a decent number of other people like, they will be sure to let you know and won't stop until they have the last word. I don't see how this project would be able to exclude those types of people.

In fact these projects generally attract the worst type of people, even in the dex stages. The best you can do is hope that there are good people on this board who care about helpful contribution.
>>
>>24969203
But that still requires technical skills of building a game. Which I think is a turn off for me.

I'd much rather we just all collaborate on a pokedex, map, story, gym leaders, moves, etc, but without the end goal of a legitimate working game. I just think that goal is too unrealistic for most posters.
>>
>>24969343
Might as well make it it's own pokemon.
>>
>>24968149
yeah you can do that just a region and pokedex i have some ideas but I cant draw this would need to be more people
>>24969343
yeah that could be one, predistoric sharks were some of the weirdest creatures and had different varieties
such as

sarcoprion
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Sarcoprion2DB.jpg

xenacanthus
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d4/Sarcoprion2DB.jpg

helicorpion
http://www.dinofan.com/dfAnimals/dfAnimalsSitePics/dfLifeFormImages/Helicoprion2.gif

stethacanthus
http://res.cloudinary.com/dk-find-out/image/upload/q_80,w_1440/MA_00144974_ag2ptm.jpg

and others
>>
>>24969430
I would partake in this. But proabably this, too, will be a lot harder than it seems, seeing as people will ultimately have to be able to form a consensus and the "it's in the game so it's now as final as it gets" method won't work. It's either going to be brutal democracy or shitpost galore.
Shitpost will obviosuly also occur during the democratic process.
>>
>>24971366
I think we'd be able to handle a finalization deadline at some point without a game.
>>
>>24971782
How? Through a wiki? Pastebin? Since there will be disagreements and this 'project' would be open-ended in terms of practical application it's hard to imagine we'll be able to lean back and call it done. The dex maybe, but probably not stuff like abilities, movesets or stats.

I'm not saying it isn't worth a shot regardless. Even without finalisation, it could be fun.
>>
>>24968149
This could be good, just some fakemon resource for people to use, and let people use it in the way they see fit
>>
>pterodactyl, raptor and dunkleosteus starters
yes please
>>
>>24972739
What type would each be? I guess the dunkleosteus would be the obvious water starter, but what about the raptor and the pterodactyl?
A Fire Pterodactyl sounds cool as fuck
>>
File: quetza.jpg (36KB, 600x598px) Image search: [Google]
quetza.jpg
36KB, 600x598px
>>24973167
a dunkleosteus water/ rock or steel to simulate its armoured hide perhaps

pterodactyl could be flying/ fire, and will evolve into that huge quetzacoaltus

raptor grass who could evolve into a grass/ dragon perhaps. it would start out as a small velociraptor, then evolve into a utahraptor
>>
File: 1.-Pangaea_continents.png (44KB, 758x853px) Image search: [Google]
1.-Pangaea_continents.png
44KB, 758x853px
OP here, k so the world would obviously be based off Pangea distribution of climates would something to be discussed later

other thing to note what would be the number of pokemon, I would vote for 165 since dinosaurs roamed the earth for about 165 million years before their extinction
>>
File: 7Q0PM0x[1].jpg (169KB, 893x575px) Image search: [Google]
7Q0PM0x[1].jpg
169KB, 893x575px
>>24975168
Not nublar or sorna island?

Shit taste desu senpai
>>
>>24975186
I didn't want it to be a full rip off of jurassic park, though I actually wanted the Professor for your journey to be based off of Hammond with a cane and everything.
>>
>>24975217
also again this is the brainstorming phase there are no finalizations, we need more support if this were to get going especially artists i cant draw for shit though i have resources.
>>
>>24975168
Yeah, it'd have to be based off of Pangea, or a complete fabricated island if we want it to be more of a Lost World type location.

Before we start anything I think we need to decide 1. Is there a time travel element involved? Are they literally going back in time to an island full of extinct pokemon? Or 2. Is this an island where prehistoric pokemon are still around like The Lost World. Or 3. Is Jurassic Poke Park, where they've cloned them all. My personal vote is for 2, that way we can have a lot of fun stuff like fantastical pyramids and classic adventure type stuff.

Also, how do we handle the rock type issue? We'd need to figure out why all the fossilmon in the games are always rock type. Is it because only rock type fossils survive, because all prehistoric pokemon were rock type, or does the resurrecting process make that pokemon rock type? This is under the assumption that we want pokemon from other generations in it.

Also
>a dex of 165
Good idea anon. But I hope that doesn't count already existing pokemon, if we're including them. Since X and Y, I've really grown attached to the idea of a big dex. I'd say 165 new pokemon, and then add all pokemon that would fit the prehistoric theme.

I think for simplicity's sake, though, we might be better off only having new pokemon.
>>
>>24975227
I can draw regional maps, as long as we're not going to do a real game. My map skills do not include using the templates of existing games, I either make my own or hand draw a template-less map.

I'd be better for the conceptual stage, as I can also make outlines of maps for towns and routes as well. For anything else though, for drawing pokemon and stuff, I can't do shit.
>>
File: fakemon.png (547KB, 1808x768px) Image search: [Google]
fakemon.png
547KB, 1808x768px
I made a design for a sort of Fire/Flying or Fire/Rock Pterodactyl starter, also with a fancy background. It's the first time I've ever done a Fakemon "seriously", so suggestions to make the design better are always appreciated.
I really love the idea of a Jurassic Park/Dinosaur themed region, so if there's anything I can help on I'll be around
>>
>>24975262
OP again, yeah i think the only way this will work is just make the dex, region, gyms, basic plot etc etc. Im also voting for an isolation type scenario, due to it's geographical location the region was sheltered away from mass extinctions that wiped out prehistoric pokemon in the rest of the world, due to stable climate and environmental conditions and lack of genetic drift of pokemon from different lands the native pokemon on the island relatively stayed the same for millions of years.

For the dex i would still like 165 but new ones can be added later down the road, just 165 being the starting number. And these would be all new pokemon except for ancient ones from other games like aerodactyl etc since they never went extinct on this island.

Plot wise a big reason there would be no pokemon from other games on the island aside from the islands location is that the research teams are forbidden from bringing modern pokemon onto the island for fear introduced species would contaminate the environment and disrupt the ecosystem, there are a select handful modern pokemon in the camps like chansey for healing or houndooms for protection but they are for practical use or companionship and have to be approved by the administrative committee running the operation, they are also not allowed outside the compounds.

also working title is pokemon amber (up for debate)
>>
>>24975306
it's a good start, when i was thinking of a fire pteradactyl, I thought of pteradactyl for first stage it's evlution would be rhamphorhynchus
which is in the pic, and the final would be quetzalcoatlus
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Quetzalcoatlus07.jpg
>>
>>24975340
also forgot, the rock element is non existant in the living variations, it's discovered that cloning from fossils gives the pokemon the rock type attribute, though there are true rock pokemon living on the island. the scientists are still learning stuff about the pokemon on the island
>>
>>24975340
I think all that would need to be decided through surveys. But right now we need to see if there are enough people really interested in it.

If we really want to do this, first step would be making a wiki and and outline of the steps of process we need to accomplish.
>>
>>24975306
How long did it take you to make those?

I like the final stage, I think the first stage could work, but not as a starter. The wing arms are too 'unique' for a starter, I guess is the best way to describe it.
>>
>>24975419
I don't really like that idea. I think it's best to keep the rock types. Again, I think that'd need to be a question for a survey.
>>
File: a fat volcanothing.jpg (48KB, 843x538px) Image search: [Google]
a fat volcanothing.jpg
48KB, 843x538px
quickly sketched a thing
>>
>>24975474
Pretty neat.
>>
bump because I'm interested
>>
File: Hadrosaur.jpg (130KB, 1023x757px) Image search: [Google]
Hadrosaur.jpg
130KB, 1023x757px
>>24973167
>I guess the dunkleosteus would be the obvious water starter
What about a hadrosaur? It could even end up being called Hydrosaur
>>
>>24972739
>>24973167
>>24973197
>>24975501
I think the starters should be iconic animals. Dunkleosteus doesn't match that bill, IMO. I'd vote for a Hadrosaur or a Plesiosaur, but Lapras exists. For the grass, I'd say Stegosaurus, raptor for fire.
>>
>>24975501
i cmae with the dunkleosteus idea, but yours sounds much better, the name is so good and sorta fits better imo
>>
>>24975524
plesiosaurs could be the ancestors of lapris and could exist in game same with several others sarcosuchus being feralligator's ancestor
ambulocetus and Basilosaurus= wailords
megalodon/other prehistoric shars= sharpedos
eryops and diplocalus= all ampbibian pokemon
glyptodon= sanshrew/sandslash
megaloceros= stantler
cave bears, sabre tooths, dire wolves= bea, cat and dog pokemon actually we can even go further back and use Miacids too which are the ancestors of them all (parrallel to miacids bieng the ancestor of the carnivora order)
titanoboa= ekans, arbok and seviper

because of the location these pokemon gave rise to their modern day descendants.
>>
File: Lambeosaurus.jpg (29KB, 554x286px) Image search: [Google]
Lambeosaurus.jpg
29KB, 554x286px
>>24975501
i was actually gonna make the hadrosaurs the Evee equivalent since hadrosaurs had a variety of head gear. with the base form being an anatosaurus, and giving it a water stone would make it a parasurolophus, a grass stone would make it a corythosaurus, and a fire stone would make it a lambeosaurus
>>
>>24975580
argentavis (biggest bird ever) could be the ancestor of fearow/ pidgeot/ a bunch of flying types

it might have been the inspiration for the thunderbird legend, so making it electric would be cool, but that might crash with zapdos
>>
>>24975524
Hybodus that evolves into an Edestus, and then Megalodon for the Water starter.

Triceratops that evolves into a Nasutoceratops and then a Styracosaurus for the Grass starter.

Velociraptor that evolves into a Pyroraptor that evolves into a Troodon for the Fire starter.
>>
>>24975633
Actually switching Nasutoceratops and Triceratops would make more sense. 2 horns into 3 horns into a bunch of horns.
>>
>>24975449
In total, it took me 4 hours, mostly because the colouring took 3 fucking hours, picking the colours was hard.
Also, what if the first stage had, instead, small wings on its back, which would fuse with the wings by the final stage?
>>
>>24975685
*fuse with the arms, sorry, I need the sleeps
>>
>>24975633
Shouldn't the water starter be something that can actually also go on land as opposed to just being a fish?
>>
>>24975685
Wasn't there a small flying reptile that had 4 wings? 2 on its arms and 2 on its legs?
Could look pretty cool like that.
>>
>>24975607
This is a really good idea
>>
I think a pterosaur would make a good early "bird", with a terrorbird being the secondary bird and an archaeopteryx being the Farfetch'd/Murkrow/Delibird/Chatot/Hawlucha of the region.
>>
>>24975701
Would the whole evo line have the 4 wings, or just the first one/first two?
I'll keep it in mind, for now I'm off to bed

>>24975381
I know; I tried making a Pterodactyl+Quetzalcoatlus line, but it came off as just "it gets bigger"
>>
>>24975697
Maybe, if Sharks isn't good then maybe something like Diplocaulus into Koolasuchus into Ichthyostega could work.
>>
>>24975714
I'd support a ptero as the region's early bird.
>>
>>24968093
>normal/ground
Please stop
>>
>>24975306
not bad anon, not bad. Lose the shadow though, just have the BG be the BG and not some random red place they are sat.
>>
>>24975729
First 2 would be good.
>>
How about a Deinosuchus>Metriorynchus>Mosasaurus water starter that gets dark in the final stage?
It could just walk on it's fins.
I'm all-in on the fire pterosaurus idea, and I guess the grass one could be for example Leptoceratops/Psittacosaurus->Protoceratops->Styracosaurus/Triceratops with the quills and later horns being leafs or some other grass things.
>>
>>24975913
I like the grass starter idea, but not so much the water starter one. I think we should keep it more simple. If we want mosasaur then the whole line should be marine reptiles.
>>
>>24975913
Wait Wait Wait.
With the fire pterosaur, its head gear could be literally made out of fire, just getting a bigger and more complicated shape as he evolves.
>>
>>24975928
Metriorynchus was a marine reptile. The whole point was an amphibious creature evolving more and more marine, just as it happened with all marine reptiles.
>>
>>24975937
I don't like the idea as a starter.
>>
I feel like a raptor should be a starter considering how well known they are
>>
>>24975945
Ok then. How about primitive elephants then, something like: Moeritherium->whatever that was with two horns on each jaw> Platybedon?
>>
>>24975961
Don't think they're really iconic enough.

Basically my whole thing is that the starters should be basic iconic prehistoric animals. Raptor for the fire, Triceratops or Stegosaurus for grass, and maybe a Plesiosaur/Mosasaur for the water. Or some type of Hadrosaur. I'd also suggest a Sauropod but we have Amaura, which is blue and ice type so it's a little too close.
>>
Well
Omanyte as the regional tentacool stand-in? It has to be an ammonite.
We need something annoying to fill the caves with.
Yanmega should get an arthropleura counterpart.
Can we change the typing of existing fossil pokemon on the argument that they're rock because they were revived?
>>24975990
Amaura is just one sauropod, there were other far more iconic than amargasauus.
As for the water starter, crocodile ->Baryonyx->Spinosaurus seems iconic as fuck.
>>
File: Capture.png (681KB, 915x492px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
681KB, 915x492px
>>24968093
>>24975956
Excuse the bad quality, I took this when I had no internet to use but I made a water raptor starter awhile back that would evolve into a spinosaurus. I think raptors play the iconic role, and spinosaurus were said to hunt in/near water .
>>
didn't it say in a pokedex how old magikarps use to be fearsome and strong? Maybe we could use that too
>>
>>24976109
This actually looks really nice.
Maybe the middle stage would be Baryonyx based with a very low crest and only one claw on each hand really big, and then Spinosaur with all claws big and a huge crest.
>>24976117
Give it awesome stats but no more moves?
>>
>>24976109
Great art style, love the design. But I don't really see why the raptor should be water type.
>>
>>24976124
>>24976109
Sorry, didn't see the spino part. Yeah, so I change my mind. This is genuinely pretty great.
>>
>>24976124
I don't really see why a sauropod should be am ice type, or why a nigger would also be one for that matter.
>>
File: Hitoshi Ariga.png (257KB, 641x625px) Image search: [Google]
Hitoshi Ariga.png
257KB, 641x625px
http://hitoshiariga.deviantart.com/gallery/34075013/Dinosaur

I hope he will design all fossil Pokémon in the future.
>>
>>24976137
Water starters have always been aquatic animals. I know it's autistic but we're suppose to give our opinions to make these things so that's what I'm doing.
>>
>>24976013
fossilmons should definitely have new typing combinations to replace Rock, maybe with tweaked colors and new moves to reflect the changes

Tyrantrum Dragon/Dark
Archeops Flying/Fighting
Bastiodon Steel/Ground
Cradily Water/Bug
Omastar Water/Poison
>>
>>24976391
bug/water armaldo
ice/electric aurorus
water kabutops
flying/dark aerodactyl
ground rampardos
water/ground carracosta
>>
>>24976391
>Cradily Water/Bug
>Archeops Flying/Fighting
>Omastar Water/Poison
Why

Cradily is grass type, first of all. It has nothing to do with insects, so you might as well make it Grass/Water. Omastar should be pure water type. And Archeops probably Flying/Ground or Normal/Flying.
>>
>>24976448
oh yeah my mistake, Grass/Water is much better for Cradily. just tossing out ideas
>>
File: 1411326298416.png (394KB, 1076x1007px) Image search: [Google]
1411326298416.png
394KB, 1076x1007px
>>24968093
Wish we could bring back some of the PokeAus entries for reuse.
>>
>>24976526
We'd need the artists permission nigga
>>
>>24976533
do we even know any of the artists?
>>
Psychic type counterpart to Rampardos pls
Same stats but switched Atk and Sp Atk
Big skull for a big brain, my niggers
>>
>>24976543
Legendary meteor mon
Water/Ground plesiosaur w island elements
Normal/Fighting sabertooth
Normal caveman
Electric oviraptor
Ground/Dark terror bird
Ghost mon based on fossils/tarpits
Bug/Dragon mega yanmega
Grass/Poison mega tangrowth
mega mamoswine
>>
>Bills time machine from Gen 2 goes apeshit and releases a bunch of prehistoric pokemon into current day Pokemon.
>>
File: Phorusrhacos.jpg (10KB, 268x281px) Image search: [Google]
Phorusrhacos.jpg
10KB, 268x281px
>>24976606
Terror bird would make a good fighting/dragon type
>>
File: xiphactinus-size.jpg (84KB, 610x262px) Image search: [Google]
xiphactinus-size.jpg
84KB, 610x262px
What about the original Genesect?
The original superpredator being Bug/Rock or something.

Also:
>Flying/Dark Anurognathus working as annoying Zubat-like analogues in heavy forested areas, probably evolves into a larger Ramphorynchus.
>Dragon/Poison Megalania (Slow as fuck, massive defense and attack)
>Ground/Water Diprotodon (packs Sap Sipper)
>Grass or Grass/Dragon Therizinosaurus
>Rock Glyptodon
>Water/Ghost Hallucigenia
>Water/Dark Helicoprion that evolves into a Megalodon
>Water/Bug Trilobite
>Normal/Flying Haast Eagle/Teratorn
>Normal/Flying Moa
>Dark/Fighting Terror Bird

>>24976117
>>24976121
Pic related.
What if ancient Magikarp is a Xiphactinus?
>>
>>24976606
rock (or steel)/ water dunkleosteus
dragon spinosaurus
dark/water megalodon
grass megatherium as the acestor of slaking
dark/fire utahraptor
poson/ steel (because of the name) titanboa?
>>
File: fakemon first phase redesign.png (202KB, 793x939px) Image search: [Google]
fakemon first phase redesign.png
202KB, 793x939px
Tried to re-do the first one from >>24975306
Thoughts?
>>
Is this going to be free to use in other fangames (with credit of course)? I'm quite decent at spriting, but not willing to waste time on vaporware
>>
>>24978643
who knows as of now it's just pokedex, region, moves, npcs and basic plot
>>
File: Anurognathus1.jpg (60KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Anurognathus1.jpg
60KB, 426x600px
>>24978509
Anurognathus' wings are like this, which is the animal I was thinking of when I suggested 4 wings.
>>
>>24978509
I like it, maybe make give it some sort of design that goes from the neck, the belly, and down to the underside of the tail?
>>
>>24968093
Does anyone want to make a survey?

We need ask some of the basic questions like
>1. What's the backstory behind this region? Did people use a time machine, is it some sort of lost world, or did scientists resurrect them as fossilmon?
Whatever responses we get, that'll be the direct we head in the future. It's a good place to start
>2. How to we want to handle existing fossilmon and their rock types? Do we get rid of their rock type and give them a new type?
This needs to be asked because the game doesn't explain why all fossilmon are rock type.
>3. What should be base the map off of?
>4. How many new pokemon should we introduce?
The current idea is 165.
>5. Do we want to have pokemon from previous generations included?
>6. Should the existing pokemon only be fossilmon, or should we introduce existing pokemon that have a prehistoric theme but not necessarily a fossilmon (Swinub, for example)

I can make the survey later if no one else does, but I'm not going to be online for a good portion of the day.

Also, if you have any other ideas for questions that we should start with, this would be a good time to say them. I don't think we should ask about starters in the first survey though.
>>
>>24976606
>Legendary Meteor Mon
Oh man that's a good idea.

Maybe one pokemon that represents the extinction of the dinosaurs and another that represents the Ice Age?
>>
>>24979528
map should either be based of pangea or the islands in the jurassic park series
>>
>>24979528
Water starter:

Ambulocetus >> Basilosaurus >> Livyatan melvillei

If you include any previous pokemon it should be the ancient ones.
Like Relicanth.

Aside from that, just make pokemon and stop making it so structured. The more structured you make it the less fun it is.

So just make a bunch of pokemon and say fuck the rest. If you aren't making a game, then who cares?
>>
>>24976542
Nope. Unless they're interested in this project and post I have no way of finding them. So, I'd say we're better off not using their stuff.
>>
>>24979542
I'm not asking the questions now, I'm just listing what should be on the survey. Which would be made using SurveyMonkey.
>>
>>24979554
You're going to ignore me, that's fine.

But if you make this a project and not something fun, your little idea will die.

I've worked on Sage before. Your idea is fucking cooked the minute you make this a hassle. Keep it fun and keep it high energy otherwise your idea will die in roughly a month when no one wants to put up with your bullshit.
>>
>>24979562
Get your butthurt fucking shit out of here. You'll get to answer those questions when I make the survey. I'm not against your idea, I just thought misread what I was saying so I clarified that that wasn't the survey.

I've worked on both Sage and PokeAus too, you special snowflake. And this isn't my idea, I'm just offering help. So go fuck yourself.
>>
>>24979562
>>24979620
please don't start fighting this early
it's not nice
>>
>>24976533
i own them
>>
>>24979620
If you've worked on both you know how much bureaucracy kills projects.

Keep it fun Card.
>>
steel/water mega Relicanth
Tropius prevo/evo, now a common mon
Kecleon ancientpower quadrupedal evo
Primal Unown based on cave paintings
fire/grass giant flora
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 200x150px
>>24968093
>pokemon never evolved into their modern day counterparts
Do you even understand what evolution is?
>>
>>24969203
I like the concept where you play as a young Oak befriending Pokemon and recording them in your sketch book
>>
>>24980770
What so you mean?
>>
>>24980789
I like it, provided it's not Oak.

>>24980770
>mistaking real-life evolution with pokemon evolution
why not have both?
>>
>>24980696
what about tropius diplodocus? they both have similiartities with the long neck
>>
I guess someone should make a poll on the various ideas i would but i have know idea how
>>
>>24979940
>hey, let's all work together and make a project!
>But fairly voting on things? Lame city!
Okay, if everyone seriously thinks that we shouldn't do surveys of any kind, then fine by me. But I have no idea how else we would be able to correctly agree with each other.
>>
i'm thinking ice age to the north, canyons/mountains to the west, forests east, swamp/water routes south, and large plains and desert in the middle
>>
>>24979932
I really like your art man, do you want to be involved with the project? (also proof you're the guy?)
>>
Instead of gym leaders, what if there were tribal leaders who specialized in their environment? Their teams would be based on habitat and lore rather than typing. A non fakemon example could be like a swamp witch with a carnivine, yanmega, lampent, and murkrow. Maybe to fit the prehistoric theme the leaders could be things like the guy who discovered fire or a blind hermit or a feral dinosaur person or some shit.
>>
>>24982151
It's not that surveys are bad, it's that you want to keep it loose and creative and fun. Don't turn down any designs, just go with what people like. If people say it's shit, then keep working and tinkering until everyone loves it
>>
File: island outlines.png (14KB, 902x517px) Image search: [Google]
island outlines.png
14KB, 902x517px
>>24982199
That'd be good. Just need an outline for the island/region/wherever this'll be.

Just drawed up some random shapes, as I don't know if the region will be based off of anything specific.
>>
>>24980873
>why not have both?
Why not just play spore?
>>
>>24982308
sweet shapes. there should be a group of small islands off the southern coast to surf between
>>
>>24982299
Why would we do any of that? Going with what people like is the point of voting on things.
>>
>>24982350
Because voting takes forever and you don't want this to be a hassle.
>>
What if all of the pokemon in this game were somehow connected to modern ones (pre evolution, evolution, mega, primal, designed as a clear ancestor)? The vast majority of purely original fakemon are terrible, this way our artists and critiques would have a firm starting point. It is just an imaginary fangame after all, and it'd set our dex apart from the 10 other vp games.
>>
>>24982199
Yeah that makes sense.
>>
File: island outlines 2.0.png (19KB, 902x517px) Image search: [Google]
island outlines 2.0.png
19KB, 902x517px
>>24982349
>>
>>24982363
Explain to me how else it would be done.
>>
>>24982391
I know it's sort of autistic, but I always had the idea of prehistoric versions of the Kanto starters. One stage pokemon that are Venusaur, Charizard, and Blastoise with spiced up designs. By spiced up, I mean like Mega evolution designs.

We have shit like dog-Zygarde and Ash Greninja now, so I can't imagine it'd be more autistic than those things.
>>
>>24982408
i like the top left one but i was thinking more like an archipelago. like a proto hawaii with a bunch of tropical and sea dwelling mons
>>
>>24982391
Having a nice balance of prehistoric mons and original mons would be good.
>>
>>24982420
the substitution of "autistic" for "timidly trying to be creative" on this website is frustrating. there's definitely a good amount of weirdos on here but there's nothing wrong with sharing pokemon related ideas on a pokemon forum. your idea is cool, you should try drawing them
>>
>>24982409
Just post shit and keep honing it. At some point you will have to survey it, but if you make this a rigid process, it will become a pain in the ass and people will stay away. Just have fun drawing pokemon and making your continent anon.
>>
>>24982461
>At some point you will have to survey it
I know that's why what I've been saying. You're the one arguing against it.

I'm sorry if I cam off as 'rigid', I'll try to sound more fun next time I talk about a survey. Otherwhise you're arguing about nothing, as we're on the same side.
>>
>>24982391
Ankylosaurus Sandslash evo pls
Giant Squid Tentacruel evo pls
Sabertooth Luxray evo pls
Titanoboa Arbok evo pls
>>
>>24983009
What does Sandslash have anything to do with an Ankylosaurus other than having a shell-like back?

If we do stuff like that, we shouldn't go too crazy with it. I'd much rather have new lines of pokemon with those concepts rather than taking older pokemon and throwing a prehistoric themed alt. evo at them. For a few of them, it might be interesting, but those examples aren't good IMO.
>>
File: 1396220110199.png (12KB, 470x344px) Image search: [Google]
1396220110199.png
12KB, 470x344px
Here's a fakemon idea I have (I didn't draw this)
>>
File: 1396219531445.png (12KB, 486x270px) Image search: [Google]
1396219531445.png
12KB, 486x270px
>>24983046
>>
File: 1396843221194.png (20KB, 534x487px) Image search: [Google]
1396843221194.png
20KB, 534x487px
>>24983069
>>
>>24983009
luxray could be interesting, the rest are garbage
>>
>>24982446
I can't draw for shit.
>>
>>24983077
love these
>>
>>24982391
>>24983009
>evos
This is changing the concept. Unless it comes with some sort of unique evolution method that somehow got 'lost' through time, then giving new pokemon prehistoric evolution woulf ruin the isolated prehistoric feel I thought we were going for.
>>
>>24968093
Alright guys, not OP, but I made a survey. Since one of you guys got grumpy about surveys I'm going to ask before I post it. Should I post it now or wait a bit longer?

I asked three simple questions, just to start us off with. I thought they were important to ask because it'd really help us get a tiny bit of focus for us to go wild with in the future.
>>
>>24983077
Are they suppose to be..like Pikachu?

There is already an electric type eel pokemon, though. I kind of dig the design even though they look like Pikachu.
>>
>>24983573
I totally agree.

My idea would be separate Pokemon that look a bit like iconic Pokemon. I would just keep it to the Kanto Starters and maybe Pikachu. Call them "Proto-Venusaur, Proto-Charizard, Proto-Blastoise" etc. They'd be one-stage.

I think It'd be kind of fun, honestly.
>>
File: sandslash5.jpg (248KB, 1302x1006px) Image search: [Google]
sandslash5.jpg
248KB, 1302x1006px
I enjoy designing pokemon for these things, but that's just the thing; I only like the designing. Not the other aspects of making a full game. I wish there were just pokedex-making projects on /vp/ so that we could just have fun. Would be less drama too since it wouldn't be as much of a massive undertaking.
>>
>>24983610
That's sort of what we're doing, as of now. We're doing more than just Pokedex but it seems the general opinion is that we're not going to make a functioning video game.

I too find dex making incredibly fun, I just wish I could draw.
>>
>>24983578
Questions being? That's kinda the main thing you should be talking about.
>>
I'd love to see an electric/rock stegosaurus with lightning rod and rough skin.
>>
Can someone photoshop ghastly into the comet that killed the dinosaurs
>>
File: gastly did nothing wrong.png (520KB, 768x559px) Image search: [Google]
gastly did nothing wrong.png
520KB, 768x559px
>>24984290
>>
>>24976533
So many artists worked on them redrawing them it's hard to pinpoint. I think I can only recall one person who ever authenticated themselves.

It's possible you could take the idea and just redraw it though since nobody can truly claim it belongs to them.
>>
>>24983578
Yeah sure.
I just wanna get all this dex making stuff underway, so I can put my shitty knowledge of Dinos to the test.
>>
>>24984627
Perfect
>>
Hallucigenia pokémon. Psychic/Water, is my suggestion, with confusion moves.
>>
>>24968093
Not OP so I can't update thread but here's the survey I made.

Let me know if you have any questions about the survey itself.
>>
>>24985262
www.surveymonkey com/r/N9VL6HL
>>
Surely it wouldn't be that difficult to make a rom hack with these ideas. You could go for a simple open world design with limited scripting, and just go through to fight however many gyms and then go to the E4.
Or even X badges before fighting a legendary.
>>
>>24985324
Add the period between monkey and com.
>>
>>24976390
Semi-aquatic, you dingus. Not a single water starter has been aquatic. Hence Baryonyx and spinosaurus being good choices. The line should only be raptor-esque though. That'll keep it iconic without keeping us from doing a more conventional dromeosaurid later.
>>
>>24976121
Learns Tackle... and then *nothing else*, or better yet, every move it can learn is under 55 power?
>>
>>24985625
Semi-aquatic, right, that's what I meant. And if you read what I wrote, I liked the spino/Bary approach. I just disagreed with the raptor.

Because of Jurassic Park 3, I'd say Spinosaurus is iconic enough.
>>
>>24985324
So, regarding the question of fossils. I have always, i.e. since gen one, considered the rock-type to be a bi-product of the defossilisation process. The reason being that rock types tend to look like rock types fairly unambiguously, except for a majority of fossils. But maybe that's just me.

But even if we keep the typing, I'd be in favour of subtly tweaking their designs so they still feel like 'precursors' in a way.
>>
>>24986024
Looking at the responses of the survey so far, that's what everyone seems to be agreeing with.

If we change the typing, I really don't think we need to change the designs at all honestly, except for something like Mega Aerodactyl, which has rock spikes. The rest of them don't have rock-like features on them.
>>
>>24986107
>If we change the typing, I really don't think we need to change the designs at all

Perhaps not. And there might well be some, like perhaps Cradily, that could remain rock type. But that will have to be decided on a case by case basis.

Also, how many replies?
>>
>>24986163
At this point, only four people have taken the survey. But I think that's pretty good considering I thought there were less people actually interested in this, and I only posted it a couple hours ago.
>>
>>24985344
>open world
fuck off
>>
>>24986236
Maybe not true open world, but at least nonlinear. I like it when the games allow you to gyms out of order.
>>
>>24986250
Considering this is most likely not going to be a conventional eight gym setup designed to help the player progress, I'm all for the "gym leaders" being potentially fightable in a random order. However, depending on their characters, I doubt they have a deliberately low-levelled gym team ready for you and challenging them too soon will inevitably result in failure.
>>
>>24986236
>wanting to be spoonfed for the entirety of the game
fuck off
>>
>>24986236
>>24986250
I don't the idea of doing gyms out of order but I would like the map to be larger, more nonlinear than the last couple maps in the games.
>>
>>24986268
Depending on how level curves are treated, I think it's totally possible to do. Of course I don't mean you can take on #8 as your first leader, but some midgame variety would be fun.

Blaine, Sabrina, and Koga all had Pokemon in the late 30s and early 40s in gen 1, and the one thing Kanto did very well was allow you to go around in nearly any order.
>>
>>24983585

They are based on Pikaia (an early proto-vertebrate) which kind of sounds like Pikachu

They're the earliest known Electric type Pokemon
>>
>>24983009
sandslash is a mammal anklyosaurs are reptiles, while it is true that reptiles evolved into mammals that huge of a jump wouldnt make sense, an animal like a glyptodon which has close relations to pangolins and armadillos which shanshrew/sanslash were based off of would make more sense.
>>
what type would a giganotasaurus be
>>
>>24986649
Ground, Rock/Ground, or Dragon
>>
how do we do the ghost types? pretty hard for a ghost to have a prehistoric form
>>
>>24986771
Op here i was thinking about that another possible thing to add to account for ghost types could be pokemon based on dead civilizations aztec, babylonian, rome etc or early fetishes of early human culture. other than that we could just make ghost type dinosaurs.
>>
>>24986771
It doesn't have to. It just can't be associated with non-prehistoric things. A simple ghost would not technically be a problem, boring though it would be.
>>
File: creature.png (203KB, 610x310px) Image search: [Google]
creature.png
203KB, 610x310px
Why not simply give a spooky looking dinosaur/prehistoric creature ghost typing?

pic related (frill shark)
>>
>>24986771
Not all pokemon have to be based off of animals.
>>
File: fakemon 2.png (651KB, 1789x1290px) Image search: [Google]
fakemon 2.png
651KB, 1789x1290px
>>24984851
What about a Echinoidea evolving into a Hallucigenia? I think they both originated in the Paleozoic
>>
>>24987641
I think echinoderms have been around longer but yeah that could work
maybe use this as a pre evo vetulocystis catebata
http://www.palaeocritti.com/_/rsrc/1254674990898/by-group/echinodermata/vetulocystis/Vetulocystis_catenata_SF.jpg

though i guess an urchin works too
>>
>>24986771
Ghost/Bug based off Mosquito's trapped in Amber, learns Transfrom.
>>
>>24986771
dino stuck in tar (slower/bulkier each evolution)
living fossil
ancient alien civilization ruins mon (Beheeyem ancestor)
some type of strange insect
Marowak's mom
cave painting
>>
When should the deadline for the Survey be? It's very simple and basic so honestly I don't think we need to wait too long but what do you guys think?
>>
File: devillizard3b.png (314KB, 560x1084px) Image search: [Google]
devillizard3b.png
314KB, 560x1084px
I'll give permission if anyone wants to use this design. Tried to incorporate samurai armour into it, so it could be half fighting type.
>>
File: molocross.png (107KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
molocross.png
107KB, 600x600px
>>24988120
Here's another version someone did up for me.
>>
>>24986903
This is a good point. I'd like to see some flora.
>>
File: fern2.png (748KB, 779x480px) Image search: [Google]
fern2.png
748KB, 779x480px
>>24988276
Well, you gotta have ferns.

I didn't draw this, but it was from a failed project I worked on a few years ago. Might help as inspiration.
>>
File: therizino.jpg (224KB, 640x928px) Image search: [Google]
therizino.jpg
224KB, 640x928px
Therizinosaurus was pretty bad-ass. I'd want it to have some kind of crazy additional superpower and not just long claws. Like psychic or ice type or something.
>>
>>24968093
>the issue isn't the group behind it, its the location
/tg/ has a phrase "/tg/ gets shit done" but if you look at it, it's either one guy asking for help on something he is doing all the hard work on OR one guy doing all the hard work first and then just showing it off.

If this is our project and not your project, it's going to just be a dream. Forever.
>>
>>24976390
This is a good jumping point for a theory I posted years ago regarding the grass starters.

Up to this point its obvious all water starters have been amphibious, the prevailing theory is that the fire starters are all representative of the chinese zodiac... but the grass starters?

They're all prehistoric animals in chronological order from the Triassic era through to the Pleistocene (so far)

Check it-

-Venusaur- Triassic "doglike" reptiles: Uralosaurus or Rabidosaurus
-Meganium- early Jurassic Sauropod; Camarasaurus or Apatosaurus
-Sceptile- Jurassic Theropod; Dilophosaurus considering it's popularized connection to venom per JP
-Torterra- Cretaceous Ankylosaur
Serperior- This one was tough at first, until I learned that snakes first appeared in the fossil record during the late Cretaceous
Chesnaught- Pleistocene era; Glyptodont, a giant armadillo.

If this is in fact the trend, my guess for the next starter would be a Smilodon (sabre-tooth tiger), Grass and Dark perhaps?

Thoughts?
>>
>>24989113
I don't mind following this trend. But the Chinese Zodiac thing holds no water considering Cyndaquil has to be forcefully shoehorned in. Still fun.

Grass/Dark sounds a bit predictable too. What other type could a sabretooth tiger have? Fighting? Steel? Normal, even?
>>
>>24989143
Grass/Electric with electricity between its fangs tesla coil style
>>
File: 1437628642919.png (6KB, 215x190px) Image search: [Google]
1437628642919.png
6KB, 215x190px
How about a Grass/rock Elasmotherium?
>>
drawfag here tell me a dinosaur and i will try to turn it into a pokemon just say the dino and type
>>
>>24989515
Water/Ground Hadrosaur >>24975501
>>
>>24989523
thats a parasaurolophus but ok brb
>>
>>24989529
hadrosaur refers to members of the family Hadrosauridae, including the genus Parasaurolophus
>>
File: hadrosaurus.png (3MB, 7016x4961px) Image search: [Google]
hadrosaurus.png
3MB, 7016x4961px
>>24989589
im gonna play with the concept of a water gun a litte more to get the final design
>>
File: hadrosaurus2.png (4MB, 7016x4961px) Image search: [Google]
hadrosaurus2.png
4MB, 7016x4961px
>>24989523
>>24989589
you like the concept ?
>>
File: hadrosaurus3.png (1MB, 7016x4961px) Image search: [Google]
hadrosaurus3.png
1MB, 7016x4961px
>>24989523
>>24989589
you can apply color as you like i need to sleep is 4am here kek hope you like what i did
>>
>>24984851
I like the idea of Precambrian-to-Silurian inspired Pokemon being majority psychic or ghost types. A lot of weirdness happened in those eras.
>>
bumporino
>>
Hey guys, the survey guy is here. No one has filled out the survey in a few hours, and it's been over a day. When should I close it and post results?
>>
>>24990371
might be the for the best unless we just apply psychic to some dinosaurs that fit the part

also Cryolophosaurus ice type, and compsagnathas evolving into either something like celophysus, gallimimus/struthiomimus or plateosaurus as the rattata of the region.

also another good water starter would be Nothosaurus evolving maybe into a Tanystropheus

also some water reptiles to considure is the mosasaurs like tylosaurus and mosesaurus versus the pliosaurs like Kronosaurs and lioplueredon
>>
>>24992373
how many have there been?
>>
>>24989613
>>24989700
>>24989735
This design kind of reminds me of how when I was a little kid, during long trips we'd past those big oil pump things and I always thought they looked like Parasaurolophus. I don't know what they're called, does anyone know?

Anyway, I think that'd make a good concept for a dino-themed Pokemon because of the shape and also because of oil.
>>
>>24992390
10, it's been that way since last night.
>>
File: le epic luxray.jpg (46KB, 775x606px) Image search: [Google]
le epic luxray.jpg
46KB, 775x606px
made some autistic renderations
>>
>>24992410
an oil drill
>>
File: 496.png (68KB, 320x300px) Image search: [Google]
496.png
68KB, 320x300px
>>24973197
>>
>>24992484
it's nice but it looks too much like luxray is it possible to make it look more like a smilodon with subtle hints of luxray?
>>
>>24994089
Personally, if we want these 'proto' pokemon then they shouldn't have that much of a different design.

But I really don't like the idea if they work like normal evolutions or mega evolutions. It's the exact opposite that should be happening IMO.
>>
So is it time to reveal the poll results yet?
>>
>>24992484
It's a good start, but I agree with >>24994089, it's still a bit too similar. Maybe try adding or removing fur, like at the midriff?
>>
>>24994089
>>24997504
i'll screw around more with it, black fur on the midtriff sounds better. i'm thinking of toning down the mane, since smilodon is pretty much a tiger
>>
>>24997564
The thing is, we don't really know if smilodon had a mane or not (since we just have bones to go from), and it doesn't have any modern descendants (it's actually not really closely related to tigers at all).

Personally, I'd even try making the mane bigger, at least to see if it makes it look wilder.
>>
>>24997593
yea, a bigger mane might make it seem more powerful and all that, maybe beef it up a little bit. judging by pictures, smilodon looks pretty swole, so i'll try to add that.
>>
>>24997704
may be make the mane closer and around the face and neckor give it a ridge of fur along it's back, im not sure if the colors are needed either again we want subtle hints so maybe like the face and paws be a different shade of blue again just suggestions
>>
>>24986274
>wanting the entire world spoonfed to you the instant you pick up the game
fuck off
>>
>>24997451
This. Survey guy here. No one has answered my questions on when exactly they want me to reveal the results so I haven't done so already.

If no one answers me otherwise, I'll just post them in a few hours.
>>
>>24998525
I would like to say that a reveal at around 20 votes would be appropriate. But I suppose it's been long enough and having an idea might hhelp the spitballing process.
Post when you deem the results useful, surveyanon.
>>
>>24998662
It's not 20 yet, but I have feeling it'd take awhile to get there. It was intended to be a quick survey for what you said, to help with the spitballing process.

I'll post them now.
>>
Survey #1 Results!

https://www.surveymonkey com/analyze/CH5yKF7_2BexV3_2FDLxnxYMgEmQeUWFrinNGS_2FLkDHv9QM_3D

Remember to put the dot in the space between monkey and com anons. If that link doesn't work, let me know.

You can check the full response yourself, if the link works correctly, but I'll post the winners.

>What is the backstory of our Pokemon region?
A Lost World of prehistoric Pokemon on an island isolated from the rest of the world.
>Do we want to include Pokemon from other generations? Do they HAVE to be fossilmon or prehistoric themed?
Yes, but only fossilmon and Pokemon that fit the prehistoric theme
>Under the assumption that we want to include Fossilmon from other generations, how do we want to handle the issue of rock type? All current Fossilmon are rock type, and the reason is not currently explained. Why do you think Fossilmon are always rock type?
During the resurrection process, they gain the rock type

The results mean that 1. We have an original island which exists in the modern Pokemon world where an island of still living prehistoric pokemon live. 2. We can include pokemon from other generations, as long as it makes sense for the region. 3. We have to retype all fossilmon.

In total 13 people did the survey. Thanks for answering everyone!
>>
>>24998749
thanks for the work anon!
>>
>>24998749
>3. We have to retype all fossilmon
Not necessarily. It may well be that a pokémon was rock-type before fossilisation, too. Cradily and Armaldo could both easily be interpreted as rock type independent of being fossils, but they could also be given a slight design overhaul. It will ultimately be a matter of preference.
>>
>>24999003
I think Armaldo would be much better suited as Steel/Bug, but that fire x4 weakness could backfire easily
>>
>>24998749
When I answered the third question, I didn't get that it was supposed to mean "should we retype all fossil pokemon", but rather "should all the prehistoric pokemon be part rock type, just because the fossils in the games are".
>>
>>24999003
I agree, it's possible they were still rock type before ressurection. Same with Rampardos, who is pure rock type.
>>24999089
It's both. But since we went with the fact that the rock type is gained through them being fossils, that means not all of the fossilmon had the rock type. So, naturally, at least some of the fossilmon would need to change typing.
>>
File: primal luxray.jpg (43KB, 675x548px) Image search: [Google]
primal luxray.jpg
43KB, 675x548px
>>24997939
>>24997593
>>24997504
added fur and shiet on a new sketch, while making it bulkier like a smilodon. might continue on it tomorrow
>>24999517
we could always let some be rock, while changing the type of some, like amaura
>>
>>24999517
some like kabuto/ kabutops, omanyte/omastar and tirtoga and carracosta could just be plain water, and sinc armaldo is technically an anomalocaris which were water it could be bug/water anlos the dex say they lived by water too.
shieldon and bastodon can still have rock type or it could be ground, aero could be flying or flying/dragon
>>
>>24999664
That the head a bit bigger, it's too small now. Other than that, it looks fine.
>>
>>24999664
much better, only thing i would lose are the two tufts of fur on either side of it's head but other than that I think it's great and again others may think it's fine as is.
>>
what should be our dog pokemon, it's canus dirus but this is another one that could be an ancestor pokemon, which dog should it be based off of.
>>
File: primal luxray 2.jpg (28KB, 503x403px) Image search: [Google]
primal luxray 2.jpg
28KB, 503x403px
>>24999747
>>24999751
fattened the head and got rid of the things on the mane
>>24999758
mightyena/ houndoom?
>>
>>25000204
eh, might make the head bigger
but sleep now
>>
>>24999664
>>25000204
I think it's sort of a waste to make the saber tooth inspired Pokemon a Luxray. That being said, I do like the design.
>>
Oh shit someone should make a wiki or at least save the art and current ideas somewhere. I'm already handling the surveys. Anyone else want to give this a shot? We'd need to do it before this thread reaches it's limit.
>>
b-bump
>>
>>25000375
I agree. The primal idea is good but there are too many cool possibilities for an original sabertooth pokemon
>>
>>24999758
Stoutland
>>
Taken from an NPC from X/Y, might be an interesting notion to keep in mind:

>Traditionally Pokémon battles were a ritual that people and Pokémon used to learn about and accept one another.

>>25003121
Honestly, dogs and especially ones like Stoutland are practicaly synonymous with breeding. If we have a canine ancestor, it should look nothing like Stoutland.
>>
>>25000375
>>25003117
any ideas who else fits better to be the sabertooth tiger? arcanine sounds like it works since it looks like a tiger, and there aren't that many tigers to pick from
>>
>>24999068
I'd rather give the typings without caring for weaknesses/viability, it's too easy to end up with more than half the dex being steel type pseudolegendaries

Water/Bug Anorith & Rock/Bug Armaldo?

Also any consensus about fairies and megas?
>>
>>25003790
Fairies, sure. They are a naturally occuring type after all. Could be quite rare, though.

Megas, no. They require certain stones, so I guess maybe the player could stumble over them. But having mega bracelets seems something a little too 'modern'. Could have an equivalent though.

>Water/Bug Anorith & Rock/Bug Armaldo
I'm okay with this. Going through the fossils, here's what I'd reckon:

>Omanite/Omastar
Pure Water or Water/Rock
>Kabuto/Kabutops
Pure Bug or Bug/Rock (or maybe even Dark)
>Aerodactyl
Dragon/Flying
>Lileep/Cradily
Grass/Rock or Grass/Ground, though I prefer the prior
>Cranidos/Rampardos
Steel, Fighting or Fighting/Steel
>Shieldon/Bastiodon
Steel, Ground or Steel/Ground
>Tirtouga/Carracosta
Water
>Archen/Archeops
Flying/Dragon or, to break the mold, pure Flying?
>Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Dragon or Dragon/Fighting
>Amaura/Aurorus
Ice, Ice/Dragon or even Ice/Fairy

As for the custom fossils, I suggest them being either purely mineral-based, highly simple (as in very simlple lifeforms), or if those sound too weak legendary or pseudo-legendary.
>>
shall we change the design on fossil pokemons? or just change the colour to fit the new typing?
>>
We need one of these as a predecesor to Donphan
>>
>>25005059
There is no way, none whatsoever, that this guy will not look derpy as hell.
>>
>>25003452
>>25003452
I doesn't have to be based on anyone. I'd just prefer an original sabertooth pokemon.
>>
>>25004241
We don't need to change the designs or color of any of them. None of them have rock themed designs on them except for Mega Aerodactyl. They all look fine as is.
>>
>>25003875
No thoughts? I know it's ultimatley the drawfags' say but spitballing is fun.
>>
>>25005059
>>25003452
I think we're getting way to carried away with this primal pokemon form stuff. We should maybe 5 pokemon at most to have these forms and keep the rest of the pokemon original.
>>
>>25003875
>Omanite/Omastar
Pure Water
>Kabuto/Kabutops
Pure Bug
>Aerodactyl
I say keep Rock/Flying, because of it's Mega
>Lileep/Cradily
Pure Grass, or Grass/Water as it's based on an underwater plant
>Anorith/Armaldo
Water/Bug
>Cranidos/Rampardos
Since it's pure rock type, keep it rock type.
>Shieldon/Bastiodon
Pure steel
>Tirtouga/Carracosta
Pure Water
>Archen/Archeops
Normal/Flying or make it Ground/Flying or keep it Rock/Flying
>Tyrunt/Tyrantrum
Pure Dragon
>Amaura/Aurorus
Pure ice

No need to make them too special, just keep it simple IMO.
>>
>>25003875
>>25005711
The fossil Pokemon aren't part rock because of the fossilization process. They got fossilized because they were part rock. What type would Cranidos be? And as a side note, why in the heck would you take away Kabuto/tops' water type. It plays a huge role in its design and its dex entries.
>>
>>25005737
>The fossil Pokemon aren't part rock because of the fossilization process. They got fossilized because they were part rock
Not according to the result of the survey, which is why that question was asked.

The survey showed, which was pretty much slide by the way, that the rock type was gained when they were resurrected because of the fossils.

Personally I would agree with you in that regard, but the decision was made.

>What type would Cranidos be?
It's pure rock type which means, to me, it was rock type before it was a fossil.
>>
>>25005766
*pretty much a landslide
>>
>>25005766
Guess we have worse taste here than I thought.
Hopefully gamefreak doesn't agree.
>>
>With an special stone that came in a meteorite you can evolve the prehistoric version into the one of the future
Let's say we have a prehistoric pikachu with its own prehistoric evolution but you can choose with this stone make him a normal pikachu. (This would be possible if the prehistoric version is based on a real pokemon obsly)
>>
Guys don't forget prehistoric plants and insects. Also prehistoric mamals because why not?
>>
>>25005827
We need a 2 stage Smilodon tree. I would say to make it ice type but Smilodons didn't live in the icy parts of NA during the ice age. Maybe a pure ground type.
>>
>>25006304
we have one so far as a precursor to luxray but again things may change
>>
>>25005817
that might be an interesting mechanic if fleshed out more. I like the direction.
>>
>>25005817
we are not sure how many of these pokemon would have modern day descendants, it probably be best to get some more pokemon going before we actually start seeing which ones would have modern day descendants, and technically we only have the sabretooth and that is still up for debate whether it would have a modern descendant or be it's own thing.
>>
Before we talk about all these primal form things we really ought to focus on the starters.
>>
File: image.jpg (913KB, 2817x1121px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
913KB, 2817x1121px
A gorgonopsid would be cool.
>>
>>25007359
Water or Fire Raptor that evolves into Spino if Water or some other Raptor if Fire.

Grass Therizino or Ankylosaurus

If no Water Raptor then a Water Hybodus that evolves into Megalodon.
>>
>>25006304
What's this obsession with making this biologically accurate? You do know some will breathe fire and shoot lightning, right?
>>
>>25007640
I was thinking of Stegosaurus for grass, some sort of carnivore for fire, and a Hadrosaur for water.
>>
Question: if a prehistoric creature (a trilobite, for example, or Tyrannosaurus Rex) already has a pokemon based on it, can we still have a fakemon based on it? Because I really like trilobites.
>>
Sharovipteryx would make a great pokémon.
>>
File: Indominus Rex.gif (2MB, 500x254px) Image search: [Google]
Indominus Rex.gif
2MB, 500x254px
Evil team should have genetically engineered a Pokemon from prehistoric Pokemon DNA a la Mewtwo and use it to come and reap the rare Pokemon from this land with it.
>>
File: tumblr_mfgq53CtKn1rp754so1_1280.jpg (21KB, 800x437px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mfgq53CtKn1rp754so1_1280.jpg
21KB, 800x437px
>>25010487
Forgot ma pic.
>>
>>25010490
Fighting/Flying. The leg wings has freed up its arms for punching.
>>
>>25010501
Why not make it pink and Fairy/Flying, using its arms for hugging? :3

Just kidding. Remove Fairies.
>>
>>25010503
That's a good point, though. Are we doing fairies at all?
>>
>>25010512
I don't fucking know I just came here to bump the thread by shitposting.
>>
Okay, I think we need to settle this.

1) How many people are interested in this and would actively partake in discussion, spitballing, critique? I.e. how many ideaguys do we have?

2) How many people are seriously interested and would contribute stuff like concepts and/or designs, map suggestions, move suggestions, stat distribution suggestions, region-specific lore suggestions etc and partake in their overall integration (i.e. don't just post something and leave)?

To make this easy to see, post a reply saying either (1) or (2) or both so we can gauge interest and see whether this is worth keeping up.
>>
>>25010992
2) is the hard part
>>
>>25010992
i could do both
>>
>>25010478
I think as long as you have a good idea about the concept, then yeah maybe. But if you just want generic trilobite than no, because we already have one.
>>
>>25010992
1 and 2. I'm doing both. I can also draw maps sketches, although I'm not confident in my map skills enough to say that I can make a finalized version of the map.

I'm also the survey guy. Do you want me to make this a survey?
>>
>>25010512
I think we should, no reason not to.
>>
>>25010992
I'm in for (2), maybe (1) but I'd need to read up more on life forms from the past
>>
>>25010992
I'd be up for being an idea guy, I'm shit at drawing but I've got a ton of dumb stuff to ramble on about up in my head.
>>
>>25010488
yes
i like this idea
a lot
>>
File: raptor1.jpg (45KB, 840x642px) Image search: [Google]
raptor1.jpg
45KB, 840x642px
okey, just dropping off some autism cus thread is slow
>>
>>25010992
1 for sure

2 only if it shows potential
>>
>>25010992
OP here i'm game for brainstorming suggestions , i cant draw but I do have research material but I can do lore etc. I'm not too good with stats but I do have move ideas.

also I know we have 165 as pokemon number but maybe we should have a small pool of supplementary pokemon that are good but probably wouldn't make the 165 (with all the ancient plants and animals we will probably exceed that number and some good submissions will be cut) roster these could be "added " on the small islands surrounding the main region (these islands could have the geographical shape of the Jurassic park islands).

also 3 things
1. we should probably create a list of dinosaurs/prehistoric animals we want to see and maybe vote on which would make it into the 165.
2. open a discussion on legendaries what should they be should we make our own or just continue the legendary birds, beasts, regi line
(personally I think the birds and beasts didn't come around yet but the Regi's could be eternal golems that have existed since the dawn of pokemon)
3. I have a submission for one NPC the gentleman is a scientist who was denounced by the scientific community especially since he proposed pokemon evolution be renamed metamorphosis since it doesn't follow the tenants of evolution a (subtle jab at how anime fucks up the concept of evolution) so he decided to run away and ended up on the island with his own secret lab doing research in solitude. Some minor side notes on the character he is a little crazy and cosplays as other fictional and real world scientists ie Doc Brown, Bill Nye, Beakman, Rick Sanchez, Professor Farnsworth. Also he has a an Agumon he keeps in a research pen in back, he never says where or how he got it all he says is "the world isn't ready for the stuff i've seen"
>>
>>25014210
Sounds good.
>>
>>25014210
Survey Guy here. I disagree with number one. I think we should have artists create what they want based on ideas we through at each other, and creating a list forcing artists to draw just wouldn't be much fun. It's not collaborative IMO. Also because not all of these pokemon should be just based off of animals, there are always pokemon based off of nonliving things as well as plants in Pokemon. It works for the starters and legendaries, but I don't think we should do the whole process like that.
>>
>>25014182
Looks pretty cool.
>>
Well, a few people seem interested though not many.

>>25012121
>Do you want me to make this a survey?
Nah, it's easier to see in-tread. But thanks for the offer.

>>25014210
>I know we have 165
Do we?

>legendaries
I see what you mean with the regis, but think of the region. Most legendaries are region-specific even if their lore encompasses more. Why would the regis be hanging around on Jurassic Island?

>Professor
Not sure if world-mixing suits the style, but I like the notion of a pokemon professor advocating for use of the term metamorphosis and actually studying pokemon evolution.
However, I'd also be all for the region having no professor at all.
>>
>>25015249
What if the main character's parents are professors, and that's why you visit the island in the first place? Then you go to each little settlement, some are research bases and others newly made towns (maybe some ancient Indiana Jones-esque ancient city?) which hold the gyms and elite four.
>>
>>25015562
That's one way of doing it - having the setting be one of a freshly discovered world where the pokemon league is only just beginning to set foot and where most things are unexplored. I could imagine earlier gyms being either completely modern or 'civilised' natives, while they become increasingly more primordial as it goes. The elite four may be so in name only and not, as it were, as an institution.

Another approach would be to have the setting be isolated from the start. Have the protagonist be native and have the journey mirror a modern conventional one without actually being so. You know, different types of pokeball and items, different settings for 'gyms' and 'badges' and, of course, pokemon centers and PCs.

Either could be interesting.
>>
regarding starters, i was thinking that the raptor one could start as a velociratpor (since they are prety small), then to deinonychus and then to a utahraptor
>>
>>24976109
I like this a lot. Can we see where it goes?
>>
I am a prehistoric animal guy. Like, obsessively into them.
I want to help. What sort of help is needed? Is there a google docs or anything in the way of organization yet or is this still in the very first stages?
>>
>>25017345
Survey guy here. I thought about making a wiki but no one replied to my post about it. I think making a wiki or pastebin is a good idea.

Someone should also be saving all the images somewhere. Eventually this thread will have reached it's limit and we'll everything saved and archived.
>>
>>25017300
I agree>>24976109 is the best fakemon art in the thread.
>>
bumping for preservation
>>
>this little interest
already doomed
>>
>>25021880
meh it may kpick up steam once artwork starts flowing in, would anyone be interested in doing a giganotasaurus no idea what types it would be
>>
>>25021880
Yeah yesterday we reached a slow point, wasn't sure if the thread would make it through the night. It looks like it did, but barely.
>>
>>25023430
I could imagine a Giga pokemon that's considered one of the rarest non-legends of the region. Doesn't evolve, just a big giant beast.
>>
>>25023998
OP here should I make a new thread later or just let it die?
>>
Bumping with major interest.

Just a quick suggestion... how about having the starters based off creatures from different geological ages instead of just dinosaurs or ice age mammals?

>Fire type could be Pyroraptor>Deinonychus>Utahraptor
>Grass could be Plesiadapis>Dinopithecus>Gigantopithecus
>Water could be Tiktaalik>Eryops>Dimetrodon or Gorgonopsid
>>
Just a little idea for how the story might work
>Start in modern times
>Evil Team Insert Name goes to the past to do some diabolical shit
>Somehow you get chosen to go in after them by good guys
>Maybe get sent back by accident
>Maybe you accidentally get roped into the whole thing
>Would be a few other good guys you would run into along the way in the past
>Stores and Healing centers are good guy hideouts where they bring in supplies and fight the good fight

I dunno just thinking off the top of my head. I was thinking this whole time, "Where would they get pokeballs?" but then realized you could do something simialar to apricorns
>>
>>24975474
Keep up the good work!
>>
>>25026991
I think as long as the thread survives we should keep it going. Someone needs to save all the images in the thread as well. Anyone do that?
>>
>>25027447
I think that's a bit uselessly complicated. We should just choose what animals we want, and then see who made the best design.
>>
>>25027848
We did a vote awhile ago. No time travel is involved. It's basically going to be a Lost World scenario, where it's an isolated island where prehistoric pokemon still roam.
>>
oh fuck, yes
this is the perfect format to project my autistic headcanon onto
what if some of these prehistoric pokemon were designed to be the common ancestor of certain modern day pokemon?
pokemon with similar physiologies are presumably distant relatives like humans and chimpanzees
ideas for ancestors:
pyroar/luxray
golduck/magmar
muk/swalot/garbodor
mightyena/manectric/houndoom
pinsir/heracross
miltank/tauros/bouffalant
machamp/conkeldurr
tyranitar/aggron
reshiram/zekrom :B
you get the idea
>>
>>25033423
>muk/swalot/garbodor
now i kind of want a primordial ooze legendary that spawned a bunch of other pokemon, à la Mew
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.