[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would save Pokemon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 4

File: pokemonsucks.jpg (234KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonsucks.jpg
234KB, 1920x1080px
What would save Pokemon?
>>
>>24967095

A Pokémon M game.
>>
>>24967099
You mean H game.
>>
>>24967095
XY is one of the best games, and I play since gen1.
>>
>>24967095
Stripping down features like they said they might,keeping the same number of Pokemon and focusing on singleplayer,making dungeons and cities larger and interesting to explore. VGC only needs to change format to anything but doubles and ban megas and it would be fixed.
>>
>>24967095
Increase challenge
change up story (8 gyms, elite four, bad guy team, etc.)
stop removing neat features from previous games
stop the power-creep with mega evolutions
>>
Redoing the battle system from scratch
>>
>>24967095
The power of Z
>>
>>24967095
Complete and thorough focus on single-player elements.
>>
>>24967095
-Making the battle system more interactive (limit the number of pokemon if you have to)
-Hiring decent writers and basing the game around the story instead of shoehorning it in at the last second.
-Better trainer customization.
-Giving the MC dialogue, which has choices of what to say
-seamless multiplayer PSS (physically seeing them to interact)
-Don't make HMs have to take a move slot
-PWT
-normal mode with a good difficulty curve so you're not curbstomping nor having the need to grind
-veteran mode for those wanting to grind or get through with strategy
>>
>>24967095
Stoping the XhYtposting would help.
>>
>>24967095
Well, it doesnt need saving.
That said, putting more post game content, forgetting about nostalgiafags and making an anime show would make the franchise perfect.
>>
>>24967858
>using the term power creep seriously
>>
Kanto remake where you have to beat Johto too before going against the elite 4
>>
>>24967095
New developer or bullet in the brain.
>>
>>24967805
>ban megas and it would be fixed
cresselia, heatran, amoongus, landorus-t and thundurus would still be on every team which fixes nothing.

>>24967858
>>24968222
I would legit stop playing pokemon if they implented any of these.
>>
>>24968365
I already did when ORAS failed to deliver. Only thing I'm playing now is Super Mystery Dungeon.
>>
>>24967095

Remove IVs
Unlimited EVs, but number of effort required increases exponentially

Now it's true to the anime. Only Pokémon with the deepest bonds should be strong.
>>
>>24968479
that'd be neat but what about the pvp
>>
>>24968488

> but what about pvp

Ah, this is why I said cost rises exponentially. Eventually it would rise so much that it would hit the so called 'soft cap', where the pay for training would become extremely small.
>>
>>24968479
>>24968488
and in that case EVs should be lost whenever it's defeated

too bad it wouldn't make things any more difficult
>>
1.redesigning every pokemon from gen 3 onward to look more like gen 1 pokemon. Its very offputting to see pokemon in completely different styles when you look at the side by side.

2.remove IVs

3.make every cartridge of a new pokemon game have different pokemon depending on the region you live in irl

4.fix the gts

5.make pokemon hacks impossible

6. remove hms

7. use gym leaders from previous generations

8. gain exp from online battles (up to six times per day)
>>
>>24968365
I'd understand some of my ideas to be controversial but what's wrong with difficulty options? Better customization? And do you actually like being forced to have HMs take up move slots?
>>
>>24967095
ITT
Terrible ideas
>>24968559
Only good post
>>
How about they make EVs be "skill points". Everytime you defeat a pokemon and they give a certain EV, instead of that EV being automatically applied, they will be an unused skill point for that specific stat.

Also remove IVs or come up with a way to make them perfect without a stupidly tedious method like breeding.
>>
Option once staring:
>Easy Mode (decreased trainer levels, fewer Pokemon, reasonably higher catch rate for legendaries)
>Normal Mode (balance between the two, default)
>Challenge (trainers, especially gym leaders/e4/admins have more pokemon, higher levels, box cover legendaries are harder to catch).

>Go a different route instead of the traditional 8 gyms, evil team using legendaries, e4, etc. Genius Sonority did this in Colosseum/GoD with the pre-gym. Evil team should be kept, but no more focus on saving the world due to evil team trying to obtain legendary.

>Don't remove customization
>>24968222
>MC having dialogue
Awful. I can't stand ROM hacks that do this, and knowing GF/translators, the dialogue would be cringy.
>>
Does everyone saying "remove IVs" realize that it would do absolutely nothing for the single player? And as for multiplayer it would just make things even more cookie-cutter than it is now.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it needs to be taken out of the game.
>>
>>24967095
MMO with Skyrim combat where you can visit all the regions and join Team Rocket, obviously.
>>
>>24969361
>How about they make EVs be "skill points"

That's what TPDP does, it works pretty well for it.
>>
>>24969402
Tell me, how did you manage to operate a computer? Retards fascinate me.
>>
>>24969510
Not him, but how exactly does removing IVs affect single player? And for competitive, there are minor variations you can make from 6x31 to give your Pokémon an edge, like 0 Attack IVs against Foul Play or 0 Speed for Trick Room.
>>
>>24969510
>hurr durr let me resort to name calling instead of refuting the actual point
>>
>>24969393
>Awful. I can't stand ROM hacks that do this, and knowing GF/translators, the dialogue would be cringy.

Eh, we don't know how it could go and putting them on the same level of fangames is kinda unfair. Personally, I'm sick of silent protags. They feel lifeless and robotic. Characters that try to interact with you and put words in your mouth is cringy for me.
>>
>>24967095
>Make the story more neutral, not edgy or too childish.
>Add more fluff, even just cool dialogue, like more readable books.
>Add more lore.
>Add a few new stats.
>Redo all moves.
>Rebalance type chart.
>Give some Pokemon better or worse stats/moves/abilities.
>Add a few more evos for old 'mons.
>Make IVs simpler, but do not remove them.
>Change the EV system, make it more complicated.
>Change the battle system, but only slightly.
>Give trainers some sort of strategy, Youngsters have less than Ace Trainers, but all have something.
>Add difficulty options at the beginning.
Just my ideas, but don't take them too seriously, I don't know anything.
>>
>>24969542
Not any of the people in this argument, but as someone who just plays singleplayer and battles friends but not into the competitive part of pokemon, it feels kinda unfair. I mean, if me and a friend caught the same pokemon and trained it to the same level, but I was unfortunate to have caught one with very low IVs, therefore he would keep winning whenever we both go up against each other. Being a casual, I don't want to spend the time to breed a better one nor do I want to get rid of the pokemon I've been on my whole adventure with.

I think it's the fact that it's a permanent and random thing that bugs me. If they include an easy way to increase IVs without having to ditch your old pokemon, I think most people would be happy. Except that group of people that enjoy the tedious breeding for IVs. I'll never understand those people.

And after writing this I realize this could sound like "hurrr durr it's too hard for me cause I'm casual", probably. Take it as you will.
>>
>>24969635
>Make the story more neutral, not edgy or too childish
Edgy or neutral, as long as it's good I don't care
>Add more fluff, even just cool dialogue, like more readable books
As long as it's optional.
>Add more lore.
Yes please.
>Add a few new stats.
Eeeh.
>Redo all moves.
That'd be a nice change.
>Rebalance type chart.
Also a nice change.
>Give some Pokemon better or worse stats/moves/abilities.
Again, nice change.
>Add a few more evos for old 'mons.
Sad that they're neglecting this over mega evolutions.
>Make IVs simpler, but do not remove them.
Agreed. Or at least easy to be changed without breeding.
>Change the EV system, make it more complicated.
Nope nope nope.
>Change the battle system, but only slightly.
Depends but change is welcome.
>Give trainers some sort of strategy, Youngsters have less than Ace Trainers, but all have something.
100% agree.
>Add difficulty options at the beginning.
1000% agreed.
>>
Nothing

Because it doesn't need saving

X Y is fine, it just lacks content

Lacking content doesn't mean it's in a bad state

They always do this shit on their first try on new hardware
>>
>>24969661
FUCK you mean you want to get good in pokemon but dont want to invest any time? Shit Gamefreak better remove breeding!!!
>>
>>24967095
>save
The #2 best selling videogame franchise in the world doesn't need saving.
Did you actually mean, "what would make the games more like my personal ideal game?" How the fuck am I supposed to know that?
>>
>>24967095
Nothing. The thought of it being in a bad state is just a /vp/ illusion. Pokémon is having no troubles whatsoever.
>>
>>24969708
By "New stats," I mean something like "Working with others" stat. Pokemon that live in hives, flocks, herds, or packs would have good stats, while bears or dragons would have bad stats. It would make newly added combo moves and interactive moves(Think pressing A to get a crit) stronger, or lower the foe's attack, or something like that. That's just an example of a stat that would help out some underperforming 'mons, while not making a bee as strong as a bear.
>>Change the EV system, make it more complicated.
>Or at least easy to be changed without breeding.
I just mean being able to manipulate the egg, up a few IVs, then have a perfect 'mon in just a few generations.
>>Change the EV system, make it more complicated.
>Nope nope nope.
Some Pokemon shouldn't just give out certain EVs, it should be something like using a hundred special attacks to increase your special attack EV. Using that method, you should be able to get all EVs to a max, without the 510 cap. Then, you should be able to train in gyms to increase the max EVs, in a system like we have today, with minigames.
Those just seem like somethings that would make the next games a bit better.
>>
>>24969944
Yep, I figured someone would simplify my post into exactly this. Breeding can stay for other uses. I simply don't want to invest my time doing something repetitive. It just gets stale really quick. And there's also the point of wanting to use a pokemon you've caught and bonded with and making it viable without having to discard it.

It just has to do with gamer mentality I guess. Some like to invest time in something no matter how repetitive or boring it is for a reward. It doesn't matter what reward, just as long as not many people would have it is what makes it special and worth it to them.

But in the end, the only fun you get is the "reward". The journey to that reward is just "work", not "fun work". And I don't see any problem with making both the work and the reward fun.

Unless you're the weird oddity that enjoys repetitive breeding. Then there's really nothing to say to you except we simply have different opinions on what we consider fun.
>>
>>24967095
The Second Bell Selling Video Game Franchise on Earth.
Doesn't need Saving.
>>
>>24970096
Then everyone has the reward, and it's no longer a good reward. I don't even breed Pokemon, but what you're saying is stupid.
>>
>>24970121
Creating a different, fun process doesn't exactly mean it'll be easier or shorter than the repetitive one.
>>
>>24967095
>>24967858
Get whoever wrote the last mystery dungeon's story to write the one for the next pokemon game as well. Make the games hard as well. Super Mystery dungeon game was better than all of the gen 6 pokemon games.
>>
File: 102384-1301051510.png (2KB, 56x55px) Image search: [Google]
102384-1301051510.png
2KB, 56x55px
>>24967095
If all of the competitiors pushing it out of the market were to die. Digimon, Monster Rancher, Yokai Watch... how can Pokemon hope to compete against such powerhouses?
>>
File: 1396118320261.jpg (22KB, 316x232px) Image search: [Google]
1396118320261.jpg
22KB, 316x232px
>>24969661
I wouldn't say you're at a "hurr durr" level. Personally if I play against someone I know is casual I always limit myself using gimmick Pokémon or theme teams like all Regis or some dumb shit. If your friends are tryhards to the point of sending OU: The OU against an in-game team it sounds like they're shitty people.

I do think people who spend 80% of their game on bike simulator are silly I mean I used to do that, but I stopped once injection became a thing especially the ones that defend it as "it's part of the game, if I take the time to do it I deserve the advantage!" I don't consider IVs to be that much of a hassle though just because of injection, especially when you can edit the stats of your in-game team to make them competitive-ready.
>>
make the plot not be about collecting badges. it's been twenty years for god's sake
kidnap the PMD people and have them do it
>>
You not making a thread about this
>>
>>24967095
Gen 6.
>>
>>24972182
No. more future generations of Pokémon.
>>
>focus on story and lore
I mean, come on. It's long overdue. XY at least tried.
>make world seem less formulaic
i.e. spice up gym themes, item shops, trainer types, battle types, modes of interaction, a handfull of trainers actually 'progressing' through the game with you as opposed to staying stationary the whole time, have certain trainers use nicknames
>rebalance shitmon and shittypes
Varying degrees of utility are fine, but laughingstocks are not. You can do better, GF.
>more methods of manipulating catch-rate
Tossing pokeballs ad nauseum is not a challenge. More strategy, please.
>make all pokemon actually catchable in every game without reliance on limited events
As an offline-person, this would make my day. It will never happen, though.

And the obvious
>difficulty setting
pls
>more than one save slot
PLS

>>24968089
This so much, too.

>>24970087
>"Working with others" stat
This sounds neat.

>>24968571
>only good post
>deleted
Damn this suspense.
>>
>>24967095
>What would save Pokemon?
official nsfw amie
>>
>>24967095

Technically it doesn't need saving because Pokemon has reached the point that no matter what happens to it (except barring a complete reboot of the series and even then they just need to do it correctly by ending it off with a bang) Pokemon will sell just for being Pokemon.

But I guess for a small minority like us it just needs better multiplayer balance and a more challenging and fulfilling single player.
>>
>>24974266
:)
Sounds good but Everyone plays Pokémon. not just Adults.
>>
File: Game_Freak_logo.png (4KB, 199x136px) Image search: [Google]
Game_Freak_logo.png
4KB, 199x136px
The Second Best Selling Video Game Franchise doesn't actually need Saving at all. Game freak and the Pokémon company are doing a good job.
>>
>>24968534
Shittiest ideas I've heard after making EVs infinite.
>>
>>24967095
Nothing at this point
>>
>>24968222
>-Making the battle system more interactive (limit the number of pokemon if you have to)

The way I could see them doing this is by giving a point system. Then assign each pokemon some point value. For example the player has 6 points. Pokemon will have a party cost of 1-3 points. Weaker and less used pokemon will be worth 1 point. The bulk of good pokemon will have a cost of 2 points to be in the party. Legendary pokemon will cost 3 points.
>>
>>24967095
Removing black characters like Brock
>>
>>24978015
Brock is from Kanto (region).
>>
>>24968235
>being a fucking retard
>>
>>24968230
>being so mad about gen1ers that you pretend to hate all the original pokemon.
>>
>>24968479
And miraculously every VGC-fag has a full team of the best possible evd mons.
>I h-have a l-l-life
because i cheat
>>
>>24968235
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're baiting.
>>
>>24970378
So the guy who just copied Tales of Symphonia's story word for word?
>>
>>24967095
For it to end.

Alternatively, a much more competent dev team.
>>
>>24978109
Nah. Pokémon is not done.
You have been misleaded.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.