[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you make this piece of shit OU?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
52KB, 250x250px
How would you make this piece of shit OU?
>>
>>24959054
with the power of mega evolution
>>
Get enough of smoggon to use it.
>>
>>24959054
Mega evolve with at least a 100 base hp and +40 Attack, give it morning sun and earthquake. It will be at least uu
>>
what needed fixing was the need for a physical fire move, and now it's fixed with Flare Blitz.

it's just bad as far as fire types go, why choose flareon when ZardX/Y and Volcarona can be used?
>>
>>24959091
yeah

as one of the prototypical physical fire types there was a lot to fuck up
>>
>>24959091
Rocks and dignity
>>
>>24959054
give it firoliate so it can use it with quick attack
>>
>>24959054
For fake shit, give it an ability that gives it +1 attack on switch in. For real shit, give it Reckless. Give it Iron Head, Crunch, Wild Charge, Close Combat, Morning Sun, and Swords Dance - basically Arcanine's good moves, with SD included for non-Band sets. Also give it a +20 boost in Speed.

Basically, it's always going to be an inferior Arcanine no matter what you do with it. Reckless and the fake ability plus SD might give it an edge but Arcanine just simply has better stats, can tank better thanks to Intimidate, and has enough speed to threaten what it needs to force out (though even RK9 looks like it's threatening to move down to RU, I legitimately cannot remember the last time I've seen it in UU).
>>
What's holding it back is that crippling low speed and the fact that it's got the Eevee family drawback of shit movepool.

Give that thing U-Turn, Iron Head, Knock Off, and at least 80 base speed and it would be reasonably scary.
>>
>>24959414
This is a good idea seeing most of it's moves are normal anyway.
I don't think it should or would go OU but less if fine for this guy
>>
>>24959054
Give him E Speed (I am shuddering at the idea that other eeveelutions could also get this then), and Fire-iate, Immolate maybe? thats the best I got for a name
>>
>>24959082

Burnnnnn
>>
>>24960024
>E-speed Sylveon

the fucking thing is already cancer incarnate
>>
>>24960253

Fire is one of the stronger offensive types.
Now imagine Flareon with an 80 BP priority move that would get a 1.3 boost and STAB and running off a massive 130 attack stat.

That is Mega level bullshit. Flareon would shoot straight up to OU alright... but at what cost?

Bad idea.
>>
>>24960024
>Immolate
Not a bad name. I approve.
As for the Extremespeed thing, the easiest thing to do would be to not give it to Eevee. Make it a Flareon (and probably Jolteon)-exclusive, and it could work.
>>
>>24959054
It being a slow mono Fire type with no HP is what ruins its usability. Flare Blitz does help but when it makes it a kamikaze mon why would you use it over Talonflame or any other Fire sweeper?

The best fix would be to swap its Special Defense and Speed when it's fragile as hell anyway.
>>
>>24960282
That would be pretty fucking retarded, but it is still a pretty hard glass cannon. A bunch of water types, Lando T, and dragonite would all help keep it in check.
>>
Every eeveelution gets Protean as hidden ability.
All current HA become slot 2 regular abilities.
>fixed
>>
>>24959414
It will still have literally nothing in terms of type coverage, now even more so.
>>
>>24960513
What would you be using normal type to cover?
>>
Give him Sheer Force and Wild Charge
>>
>>24959054

Give it Speed Boost
>>
>>24959054
It simply must go faster
It is too fragile to have such low speed to be viable in OU.

I could see one set with its current stats.

Focus Sash
+Sheer Force
Flare Blitz
+Wild Charge
>filler

And Baton Pass it +2/+4 speed from a Ninjask or something.
>>
>>24960627
>Focus Sash + Flare Blitz/Wild Charge
why do you people even pretend to know anything about anything
>>
>>24960641
>Sheer Force
It's almost like you didn't read the whole post.
>>
>>24960659
Sheer force prevents life orb damage, not recoil damage.
>>
>>24960659
>implying Sheer Force takes away recoil

Are you having a stroke? Do you need help?
>>
>>24960659
i hope you're merely feigning ignorance because that made me angry
>>
I'm going to suggest something absolutely retarded. You know how Lightning Rod makes a pokemon immune to electric attacks and increases special attack by a stage? Give an ability like that for Flareon, but make it immune to rock moves, and it boosts attack. Also, it works on Stealth Rock.
>>
File: 1432962758294.jpg (47KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
1432962758294.jpg
47KB, 400x267px
>>24960665
>>24960667
>>24960669
I have never seen this board provide so many responses so fast lmao holy shit
>>
>>24960610
oops meant reckless
>>
>>24960513
>i'm too retarded to use flash fire or guts

in what way is this our fault
>>
File: Pokereaction11.jpg (17KB, 500x531px) Image search: [Google]
Pokereaction11.jpg
17KB, 500x531px
>>24959054
>slow, frail mono fire without viable boost, healing or support moves
>OU
>>
File: 135873312085.gif (2MB, 344x224px) Image search: [Google]
135873312085.gif
2MB, 344x224px
by switching the stats around. switching speed and special attack (which it doesn't even use) would be a good start

same as articuno and its special attack and special defense stats, really. all these mons got fucked up from gens 1 to 2
>>
>>24962317
they still would be so, so far from OU
>>
>>24962327
but much better though, i hope you can agree with me on this. flareon would be a shitty darmanitan, but that's miles better than being bottom PU. articuno would have two very nice stabs coupled with agility and recovery, which i can see as bumping it to UU
>>
>>24959084
I thought Mega Evolutions didn't change base HP tho
>>
>>24959054
>OU
why would want it to be stuck in that horrible tier?
>>
>>24959054
Fire version of Delta Stream
>>
>>24962718
thats right.

why try so hard to push mons in the highest possible tier, when tier is inversely proportional to performance?
>>
>>24959054
If only one change can be made (one new move, ability, or +100 stats), then only Wonder Guard would put it in OU
>>
>Eevee gets extremespeed now
>Flareon /Mega with Fire-iate ability
There, you have a budget version of Fire Scizor now.
>>
>>24962712
and they don't, he's just stupid
>>
Fur coat
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.