[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do you fix ice type?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: what the fuck.png (4KB, 147x204px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
4KB, 147x204px
how do you fix ice type?
>>
>>24955070

Remove rock weakness

Add Flying, Ground, and Dragon resists
>>
>>24955070
Make it hard counter water.
Make it resist ground.
Remove its rock weakness.

But the biggest thing Gamefreak can do to help ice is give us ice types that actually make sense. None of this bulky ice type bullshit, ice types need to be fast sweepers.
>>
resists ice, flying, grass, bug, and dragon
weak to all the same stuff
>>24955083
>spoiler
That's why Weavile is the best ice type
>>
SE on water, also resists water.
>>
Cue the absolute fucking idiots wanting to make Grass or Bug even worse.

Have it resist Ground and Flying, but really just make faster mons.
>>
>>24955070
>resists water
>does normal damage to fire
>super effective in bug
>>
>>24955079
>Add Flying, Ground, and Ghost resists
I fixed it
>>
File: 1447270450610.jpg (85KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
1447270450610.jpg
85KB, 400x240px
>>24955070
best i can do is learn to accept reality instead of posting this thread every day
>>
Resist Ground, Flying and Water.
Make it do neutral damage against water.
>>
Resists water
Super effective against water
>>
you'd think with how obviously unbalanced the type chart is somebody would make romhacks of earlier gens that fix it slightly
>>
File: icetype.png (5KB, 93x237px) Image search: [Google]
icetype.png
5KB, 93x237px
Does it need fixing?
>>
>>24955308
that means ice beam is balanced
that doesn't mean anything for glalie's viability
>>
File: megaglaile_by_vaporotem-d82wkko.jpg (960KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
megaglaile_by_vaporotem-d82wkko.jpg
960KB, 900x900px
>>24955319
I dunno man, Mega-Glalie's pretty underrated.
And not every type's good defensively, you gotta have some offensive types.
>>
Make freeze uncurable again
>>
Stop giving all of ice's good moves to water types.
>>
pleb rock weakness makes entire types unplayable.
>>
>>24955357
Yeah, like Flying!
>>
>>24955070

It doesn't. Ice is awesome: Articuno > Moltres and Zapdos, also Frozen > Burning and Paralyzed.
>>
File: All out.jpg (53KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
All out.jpg
53KB, 420x420px
>>24955363
>Articuno > Moltres and Zapdos
>>
>>24955070
Make the type chart actually reflect what pokemon are in a type.

Ice should be better defensively than it is offensive, because 90% of ice types are slow and bulky with no recovery some have recovery unlike say rock.

>>24955357
I love not using fire types ever.
>>
>>24955070
Remove the ability for 99% of Water-types to have good Ice-type coverage.
>>
>>24955369

It is. Articuno Ice Beam is very OP. If I am lying then how did I beat them both with Articuno when free matching on Pokémon Stadium?
>>
>>24955388
kek what?

Both Moltres and Zapdos are faster and hit super effectively with their STABs and higher special attacks.
>>
>>24955388
>Gen I
Because the Special split fucked Articuno over. Articuno was a beast in Gen I for multiple reasons.
>>
>>24955392
>>24955401

Yes, I was referring G1 Articuno. Sadly I couldn't find a video on youtube about it.

Didn't know he got nerfed through. Sad.
>>
>>24955404
To be fair, it wasn't just that Articuno got nerfed. Ice also got nerfed in two huge ways (probably for the best, but still)
>Freeze status is no longer permanent.
>Blizzard's accuracy was reduced (which was only fair, as Blizzard had an absurd 90% accuracy in Gen I)
>>
>>24955408
I think they kind of overcompensated on FRZ considering it now lasts an average of 0 fucking turns and is completely useless when Sleep is ten times easier to inflict and you can usually rely on it buying you at least one goddamn turn
>>
articuno would be a really cool mon after gen 4, because it got roost and later hurricane

if it were not for pleb spocks ensuring it starts with 50% HP
>>
>>24955491
if it got magic guard it wouldn't even break RU, let alone VGC where rock slide spam is the pro strat of the moment.
>>
>tfw a fvcking legendury burd struggles to stay relevant - in PU
>>
>>24955325
Quit gen 6 and everything game freak is gonna put out in the future so I have no idea how they buffed glalie, I was just trying to think of a pure ice type and he was the first one
also, the big problem with Ice blowing ass defensively is that too many ice types are bulky stat-wise. meanwhile electric types tend to be sweepers and glass cannons, yet they only get one weakness.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.