[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>seamless multiplayer >whenever there's no story events

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: pokemonxy0108-610a.jpg (47KB, 610x365px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonxy0108-610a.jpg
47KB, 610x365px
>seamless multiplayer
>whenever there's no story events in an area, one or two random online players in the same area will join your game if they enter that area (and vice versa)
>you can interact with them by battling, trading, or just talking in text chat to get help
>text chat would have to be enabled manually and require parental permission for kiddies
>if it's someone in your friends list, it's possible to meet them too

GF make this happen please
>>
le dark souls is the pinnacle of gaming meme
>>
>>24954697

how the fuck is this any different from PSS passerby aside from physically seeing the player
>>
>>24954707
Not a fan of the series and didn't take the idea from there. But it is interesting to see a game doing this.

>>24954712
>aside from physically seeing the player

But anon...

that's the best part

and you get to talk with them
>>
>>24954697
That would've made X&Y better
>>
>>24954697
Would this even be possible for 3DS hardware?
>>
>>24955076
Maybe who knows
>>
I've dreamed it for years, but just think about testing collisions, lag, and everything else that comes with these.
>>
>>24954697
Like other anon said, PSS was pretty close to that, first time playing Y was great, catching a bunch of wild pokémon and people asking for trades while I was in dungeons, so I got some nice mons that I wanted, while tried to talk using the Shout option.

For many instances, seeing all the players scrolling in the passerby with messages, and people asking me for trade and talking to me, made me feel like playing a mmorpg while I was in the main adventure.
>>
>>24954697
>>whenever there's no story events in an area, one or two random online players in the same area will join your game if they enter that area (and vice versa)

Isn't that what Gen 5 had? I could've sworn that's what that Dream Forest shit was.
>>
>>24955391
Wait, I missed the "online."

I personally don't think it would better the game that much, I don't play online until after I beat the main game.
>>
>>24954722
>Needing Gamefreak to implement something for you to talk to your friends.
>>
>>24954697
What this game needs is a proper chat and maybe private message function.

It's ridiculous that they're basically forcing people to spam differently nicknamed Pokemon in trade screen just to communicate.
>>
>>24955461
Nah, I was referring to the randoms. I dunno, it's just cool to think I could run into someone random or a friend at any moment during my adventure.
>>
>>24957961
thx for the bump
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.