[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New evolutions vs Mega evolutions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: bestcrossevo.gif (985KB, 500x289px) Image search: [Google]
bestcrossevo.gif
985KB, 500x289px
Would you rather have more cross gen evolutions, or more mega evolutions?
Did eviolite ruin the possibility for more cross gen evolutions?
>>
I'd take both, but have it so that one doesn't outshine the other every new gen.
>>
>>24953000
>Did eviolite ruin the possibility for more cross gen evolutions?
kinda yeah that might be the reason they're holding out on evolutions but i think things like corsola and luvdisc still have the potential for evolutions without being broken with eviolite

both have their place as some low-BST pokemon might prefer evos while others (2-stagers?) might want something blatantly overpowered like most megas are
>>
File: What.jpg (175KB, 2328x1190px) Image search: [Google]
What.jpg
175KB, 2328x1190px
>>24953019
But I thought Luvdisc already had Alomomola as an evolution?...
>>
>>24953019
I would love for Luvdisc to get the Porygon treatment and receive 2 evolutions. Corsola could get a baby and an evolution like Roselia. Baby Corsola would be the cutest thing ever.
>>
>>24953031
They're closer to the Carbink, Diance relation.
>>
File: lenewglorifiedformchanges.png (488KB, 2198x588px) Image search: [Google]
lenewglorifiedformchanges.png
488KB, 2198x588px
cross gen, any day of the fucking week
>>
>>24953037
The joke

Your head
>>
>>24953098
What?
>>
>>24953000
Both
give mega's to fully evolved pokemon and give new evolutiosn to deserving pokemons.
>>
>>24953194
This. I would kill a marrowak and bully its orphaned child for more one-off gimmick pokemon evolutions and for more shit-tier final forms (primarily bug type, the shittiest type) megas.
>>
>>24953056
>tangrowth
>rhyperior
>lickylicky
>magmortar
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 820x95px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 820x95px
>>24953164
Here you go, newfag
>>
>>24953000
Cross-gens. I'm also fine with Megas but if I had to choose one or the other, I choose cross-gens, since we haven't had any besides Sylveon in two generations.
>>
>>24953233
>bug type, the shittiest type
That's not Ice. At least Bug-types get Smogon-approved OU-viable Megas.
>>
File: qoVUgKx[1].jpg (142KB, 900x570px) Image search: [Google]
qoVUgKx[1].jpg
142KB, 900x570px
>>24953000
Such wasted potential.
>>
>>24953410
Rock. Literally only useful for Stealth Rock. It is a liability 100% of the time.
>>
>>24953410
While Ice doesn't help their case as Megas, M-Glalie and M-Abomasnow have other problems that make them shit.

M-Glalie has next to no moves to abuse Refrigerate with other than Double Edge and >Explosion, plus a general lack of a movepool for good coverage.

M-Abomasnow on the other hand requires Trick Room support to be useful at all because of its abysmal speed.
>>
>>24953436

that's fucking awful and destroys all of sableye's appeal
>>
>>24953452
Rock is second-shittiest, and honestly wouldn't be quite so hopeless if it weren't for the moves issue.
Tyranitar a absolute best tho. Shame there aren't more Rock-types that can capitalize on Sand.
Sand Rush Mega Rhyperior/Rampardos when?
>>
>>24953302
Electivire
Blissey
Scizor
Steelix
Politoed
Sylveon
Porygon Z
Gliscor
>>
>>24953302
Better than
>bigger Charizard
>armcannon toise
>MANEctric
>bigger Aboma
>leg day gar
>more spikes dactyl
>abominaton #2
>even more spikes ttar
>>
>>24953000
Reg Evos > Meg Evos
>>
>>24953019
Why do you post everywhere?
Please die.
>>
File: well.jpg (95KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
well.jpg
95KB, 1000x750px
Personally I don't think that one is particularly better than the other, I like mega evolutions and I like crossevos too.
Certainly there's some mons that I want a crossevo instead of a mega first, but you can only expect to see it in Gen 7.
>>
>>24955287
Brett is alright. He's better than Buttscab. Brett, you better not be Buttscab in disguise...
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 500x488px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 500x488px
>>24956091
>Brett, you better not be Buttscab in disguise...
>>
Both. Cross-gen evos for well-designed but underperforming mons to make them viable. Mega evos as fanservice for the popular mons/whichever GF feel like boosting. Focus on cross-gen evos during main development and then pump out mega evos as DLC.
>>
>>24956091
Look at the tripcode he uses. Not the name, the actual tripcode. Brett and Buttscab are one and the same.
>>
>>24956152
>>24956286
The joke no longer gets to be subtle. Thanks.
>>
I'd be happy with both. For example, Ledian needs both a new evolution and a mega to be decent, whereas something like Mothim probably only needs an evolution.

Not to mention there are 2nd evo mons whom can't evolve anymore yet benefited from mega evo, like Ampharos, Alakazam, Gardevoir, etc.

>>24953436
That looks awful, M-Sableye is aesthetically pleasing.
>>
>>24953000
IMO they shouldn't give megas to pokemon that aren't already 'fully evolved' like say, swanna for example, if its not fully evolved they should just give it a new evolution then maybe later on give THAT a mega but hey ho
>>
>>24956807
I mean I know swanna is fully evolved I mean if it only has two stages or less
>>
>>24956811
I get you, mate.
>>
>>24953000

Eviolite's effects are generally pretty mild and aren't ideal for most Pokemon.

Eviolite is great because it makes more Pokemon viable than just max evolutions.
>>
>>24957011
Yeah but
>252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. Eviolite 252 HP / 4 SpD Sableye: 175-207 (57.5 - 68%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>252 SpA Life Orb Abomasnow Blizzard vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Sableye: 165-195 (54.2 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

... scratch that youre right. Eviolite isnt that big of a deal.
>>
>>24957023
Maybe eviolite isn't bad, but Dusknoir, Porygon Z, and Blissey are bad.
Anything else run eviolite more than their evolution?
>>
>>24957247
Porygon2 with eviolite is insane. It's the one thing I can consistently wall any of my friends with because it has access to recover, STAB Tri-Attack and a plethora of other useful and powerful moves. You can literally just sit there and shit all over people with it. Never tried with a Chansey, but I'm sure that it becomes just as useful.

Those are rare cases though, considering both Porygon2 and Chansey were already huge tanks when their evos were introduced. It's also offset by the fact that they aren't necessarily *powerful*, just bulky.

I'd love to see some more new evolutions for things that deserve them, like perhaps a Ledian evolution that makes it an actually viable mon with a big stat boost. I don't see anything that could reasonably be given an evolution that would absolutely break the game due to Eviolite. As far as I can recall there aren't any gigantically bulky pokemon that have a third spot open to evolve, other than Avalugg, and due to Ice typing, well... we'd probably be better off using an actual evolution of it if they get smart and give it something to offset the terrible ice typing.
>>
>>24957247
>Anything else run eviolite more than their evolution?
Combusken in lower tiers :^)
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.