[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>the year of our Lord 1999+17 Friendly reminder that this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 2

File: comethefuckon.png (547KB, 1932x901px) Image search: [Google]
comethefuckon.png
547KB, 1932x901px
>the year of our Lord 1999+17
Friendly reminder that this was built by a professional web designer.
>>
>>24952021

how did he he ever find time to graduate? he literally spends all day playing videogames
>>
>>24952021
Serebii layout is better than Bulbapedia's generic wiki layout.
The organization of the side and top bars are perfect.
>>
>>24952038
he graduated at the pokemon university of course
>>
>>24952038

GameFreak paid his tuition out of pity.
>>
>>24952059

shut up joe

I would choose bulbagarden's page of any pokemon over your shitty green mess any day
>>
Sure beats those fucking hover-drop lists. Fuck those things. I like a site that displays everything it has to offer instead of hiding it in shitty swipe menus or those fucking three bars that are supposed to mean "menu"
>>
That bland black and green is fucking hideous. Don't even deny it.
>>
>>24952077
Nice digits, pomf
>>
>>24952087
Joe has been the Zygarde of the Pokemon community for a long time. Always monitoring, always maintaining balance, always black and green.
>>
>>24952021
It still amazes me that he still uses the generic Google search bar.
I mean for the low of God get some autodirects.
>>
>>24952021
I prefer this to Pokebeach's new look
>>
>>24952021
Honestly it is nice to see him going for some old style looks.
>>
>professional web designer

he isn't a web designer. that is a person who designs layouts and shit. he is a code monkey. he knows how to make things work. he doesn't know how to make them look good.

his websites design is mediocre but it could be worse.
>>
>>24952059
>The organization of the side and top bars are perfect.
>tiny black text off to the side on dark backgrounds

Holy shit, never work on graphic design. Even Serebii admits it could be a lot better.
>>
>>24952021
It's pretty basic, but way better than bulbapedo generic wiki style, besides, having all the info on the side is better when you're on mobile than swipe menus.
>>
If it ain't broke don't fix it.
>posting this on a website that hasn't changed layout since 1999
>>
There's literally nothing wrong with this.
Web 1.0 tier Japanese fansites are also pleasant to browse. No infinite scrolling, no laggy javascript or flash, just plain text, images, and frames.
Not making everything sleek, modern, and white also reduces pointless empty space and makes sites more recognisable.
>>
>>24952180
Fine use your iPhone on bulbapedo, since you like it that much.
>>
>>24952038
Serebii Joe posts on Neogaf in all the Nintendo threads regularly. He makes some good posts over there, very intelligent.
>>
>>24952021

Smogon has been on redesign for at least 3 years now
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-05-17-51-03.png (643KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-05-17-51-03.png
643KB, 1440x2560px
>>24952180
You can't read this? Shit.
>>
>>24952021
No, stop criticizing any aspect of him!
My Joe is flawless and he has a gargantuan American penis. You're just jealous, Pomf! Grr!

>>24952313
Didn't he say he was planning to change the layout?
>>
>>24952077
My name isn't Joe. Explain your strange accusation.
>>
>>24952021
He's smart enough to know that the horseshit modern fuckery that modern websites use is a bunch of fucking cuntshit. I'm glad there are websites like his that aren't overrun with useless non-functional graphical aspects.
>>
>>24952361
Took him too long to realize the conflict of interest issue. However glad he's finally realized it and grown-up from his
>ninty can't do wrong
phase
>>
>>24952313
Technically it's broken for newer technology, the thing that browses the gains the most audience,
>>
>>24952021

He just doesn't feel like giving it a new design, he wants to keep the style going.
>>
>>24952059
This blatant delusion sounds like something posted straight from Serebii's forums
>>
>>24952021
I like the look of it in a nostalgic way. Better than making it generic. I think old web design in general is comfy-looking and I hate the way most new webpages look.
>>
>>24952409
Joe is flawless. FLAWLESS.

>>24952764
mobile phones are for normalfags, you aren't a fucking normalfag are you?
>>
>>24952077
Pomf,age is just a number. Shut the fuck up you pedo.
>>
>>24953557
>are for normalfags
so is pokemon, what I am doesn't matter.
Browsing your phone from a phone sucks though.
>>
>>24952021
The cobbler's children have no shoes.
>>
>>24952021
a fellow autist is having success in his life. good for him
>>
Did Serebii support gamergate?
>>
>>24952021
I like the serebii website design.
It doesn't hurt my eyes, that's good enough for me.
>>
>>24953961
Gamergate is just skub with more people actually meaning to fling shit at each other.
>>
>>24952021
I copy edit stuff and things, and the usability and layout and white space and noise hurt me on, like, a deep, soul-y level.
>>
>>24952409
>Didn't he say he was planning to change the layout?
He is working on one. He even tweeted a working template of it on his site's birthday. Think he said he's currently working on getting pages to fit in mobile friendly layouts and then he'll be working on the looks of it.
>>
>>24953961

anyone with the slightest amount of intelligence avoided mentioning it.
>>
>>24952186
>>24952392
>having to massively zoom in on mobile instead of 1-2 taps
>text still right up against the side with 0 spacing
>>
>>24956220
Plus he's changing it anyway to be more mobile friendly, so there goes your defense of his shitty design.
>>
>>24956220
That zoom was for emphasis, not for my benefit. I never zoom that much. I prefer Serebii's organization over other sites.
I know where to find information on Serebii.
>>
>>24956481
>implying you can read the menu without zooming
>clutching at straws this hard
>>
>>24953737
>Browsing your phone from a phone sucks though.
So does typing apparently.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.