[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Model Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 11

File: V9OxX[1].png (295KB, 1288x855px) Image search: [Google]
V9OxX[1].png
295KB, 1288x855px
Any model/art fags around? We had a successful thread back with XY models. Now ORAS models are starting to become a thing.

My method still is a little hacky so i cant dump everything.
Also I hope that 3D printer anon comes back ;~;
>>
>>21980293
That's cool. Do you have any other models?
Can you get her in an Aqua/Magma uniform?
Am I asking too many questions?
>>
>.BCH files are still unworkable
>The only rippingfag is out doing nothing whatsoever
Why bother?
>>
File: iyjxI[1].png (599KB, 1288x855px) Image search: [Google]
iyjxI[1].png
599KB, 1288x855px
>>21980335
I'm importing Hoenn into virtual reality, what better reason to rip models?

>>21980316
I'll look for them.. mostly I have map stuff like pic related
>>
The only model I care about is Archie's full model.
>>
File: shauna.jpg (115KB, 733x387px) Image search: [Google]
shauna.jpg
115KB, 733x387px
>Also I hope that 3D printer anon comes back
Well, if you pose it and send me the .obj and the textures, I can offer to do a papercraft of it. Then you can build her yourself.

Attempted Shauna a while back, but I don't think I'll finish her because her face is annoying.
>>
>>21980293
Could anyone please rip Mega Beedrill? I've been dying to see if I could get him 3d printed.
>>
>>21980293
How the Zinnia full model or is it too early to say?
>>
>>21980293
Anon who first started animating lewd shit here, still have to wait a little longer before any of this means much, most ORAS battle models (like Zinnia's) are currently unworkable, and have most of the model missing. Those that have the full model there (like Serena) dont have a working rig at this point in time.

Im sure that it wont be a very long wait until these resources are full workable.
>>
Earlier I was trying to figure out how to pose a model in Blender.
I am so new at this so I have practically no idea what I'm doing except for using a software to convert it to an .obj file, importing the model and viewing it, anyone mind helping me figure out how I can pose it, maybe help me with importing textures as well? I know jack shit on 3D modeling.
>>
>>21980586
Link to said lewd shit?..
>>
>>21980641
obj files dont have any armature, only locations of faces, thus it is impossible to animate them without first creating a skeleton and weighting the verts to it from scratch, not recommended. What is the filetype of the original model before you convert it to obj?
>>
File: Snapchat--3878721990134861866.jpg (569KB, 1440x2392px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat--3878721990134861866.jpg
569KB, 1440x2392px
>>21980293
3d printing anon? Are you referring to pic related or did I miss a thread?
>>
File: miluS[1].png (280KB, 1288x855px) Image search: [Google]
miluS[1].png
280KB, 1288x855px
>>21980316
found archie

>>21980585
>>21980586
I can dump them fully rigged and everything, but theres still bugs to work out in some of them.. like the other zinnia model..i can extract the head fine but the body is derpy

Also I'll start uping these good ones to my dropbox in a bit
>>
>>21980677
I beleive it was the .fbx file type, which is Maya's file type and is unsupported by Blender. I just converted it to .obj so I could import it.

Here is the model in question:
http://www.models-resource.com/3ds/pokemonoras/model/8711/
>>
>>21980646
http://imgur.com/a/P7fX1
(NSFW, Please dont auto-delete this thread janitors, we stopped making new threads ;_;)

Most of this is mine, but not all, anything with a 3-sided cube as a background is mine, the nude may model was created by me, as was stuff using fluid dynamics, everything else was made by other anons.

>>21980715
Zinnia's model is absent save the head, fingers, and keystone holder thingy, I havent been able to get serena's battle model to work, the armatures are there, as is the model, but the armatures dont move the verts at all.
>>
>>21980701
It was back a few months.. the anon showed a gardevoir he made. Said if i could dump models with bone data, he'd print me one..
Now that i can he's probably gone ;~;

Anyways for those that want to play with some of this shit:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2z5zcuiisj7p9v/AADUiPlGzpAaQ1pAqXYny25Pa?dl=0
>>
>>21980814
Armatures arent actually deforming the model for me, any idea why? Or is it just not possible atm
>>
>>21980814
I see. I grabbed the aegislash from the xy dump and it turned out pretty well. I recently got my own 3d printer and wanted to mess around. could you upload the Mbeedrill files? IF i can get it to work ill post it back on /vp/ but might take a while.
>>
File: die to death.png (664KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
die to death.png
664KB, 1280x720px
I'm not the 3D printer anon but I do have one that I wouldn't mind using to make a model out of...

Still waiting for more models before I go back to animating some stuff too. The maps would be a great addition too since it means more natural backdrops.
>>
>>21980747
mfw one of my edits is in this archieve

>>21980844
didnt even notice that.. probably a bug on my end.. i'll look into it.
>>
File: xEqHaz0[1].png (674KB, 1440x870px) Image search: [Google]
xEqHaz0[1].png
674KB, 1440x870px
>>21980896
uploaded all the hoenn maps and textures
>>
do we sve the old pastebin
>>
Is this how they make the game or do they use something else?
>>
>>21981152
They use 3DSmax, which is common in the industry

>>21981103
How'd you figure out ripping maps? I can't even figure out decompressing the game files.
>>
>>21981217
decompressing GARCs, i just use kaphotics tool, and for model data, the magic to look for is BCH.. for map files, they start with GR, and the first chunk of data is tile data (movable/immovable surface etc), the second part is BCH. In ORAS BCH uses a pointer table of 0x44 as opposed to XY with 0x38.. everything else is more or less the same between the formats. A few different offsets but..
>>
File: i'll reck u m8.png (253KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
i'll reck u m8.png
253KB, 600x600px
>>21981267
I see
I think I'll just wait for them to be put on TMR then...
>>
can someone post the texture for the Mural inside Sky Pillar?
I really want to see a full image
>>
>>21981283
yea. well if you still want to try messing with shit, theres a program for it albeit its still in the works .
http://www.vg-resource.com/thread-25872-post-574220.html#pid574220

I'm working together with this guy to write the thing and we're still working some shit out.. i have a good feeling about getting this thing fully working within the next few days though.
>>
Think you could rip me primal groudon & kyogre along with mega ray if possible?
>>
File: May by the beach.webm (187KB, 1280x720px)
May by the beach.webm
187KB, 1280x720px
>>21981333
I saw that, looks like really good work. Shame it still fucks up on some models but like you said, still in the works.

I'm much more suited at animating than actually digging into the workings of converting this stuff.
>>
C-Can these be a thing over here again?

lewd shit can be posted on /pk/
>>
Okay, hopefully someone here could help me out.
Everytime I import these models in a 3D modeling program, it tells me the joints were missing links and the models don't animate well because of it.
I mainly use Maya, but I've also tried using 3DS and the .DAE files, but had the same issues.
Does this happen to everyone and do you guys rig it yourselves? Or am I missing something?
>>
>>21981579
well like i said earlier, it might just be a bug on my end but i'm not seeing anything wrong either so not entirely sure..

i've been using this for reference
https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Studiomdl_Data
the smd files open in text pad so if theres something im missing feel free to post
>>
File: maya open error.png (23KB, 725x534px) Image search: [Google]
maya open error.png
23KB, 725x534px
>>21981579
I suppose you mean these?
You can ignore them (this is Maya).

The model joints work fine for me, you're rotating the joints, not moving them, right?
>>
>>21981666
That's what I get yes, maybe it's just me being new to animating. But when I select and try to transform a joint it doesn't affect the model. It just moves the joint. Only certain joints will actually affect the geometry. I've only rigged two models before, and nothing like this happened while I was posing them.
Am I missing something here?
>>
>>21981735
Sounds like the skin isn't bound to the skeleton, which is weird.

Are you opening the .FBX file?
>>
>>21981810
Yes, I've tried Maya, C4D, and 3DSMax and get similar issues. I think it might just me doing something wrong since everyone else seems to be animating these fine.
Also, did the model-resources site get wiped? I just went there and most of the games were completely gone.
>>
>>21981810
>>21981852
Disregard me, I don't think I've been rotating the joints. Just tried again from scratch and everything seems to be working fine.
>>
File: best girls.png (894KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
best girls.png
894KB, 1200x720px
>>21981906
Oh anon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lzot0oWwWtA
>>
>>21981906
in C4D I had to bind the skin myself and i didnt think to upload the fbx, but i might just do that.. i'll update the dropbox for those who are interested.
>>
>>21981955
I use maya, I was just trying other applications to see if it was a problem with the files. But a dropbox link would be awesome
>>
>>21981852
Also, the model resource was changed around, the models are under the '3DS' category now, not 'other'

>>21981955
The FBX should have skin bind already, at least in the TMR files
>>
>>21981984
yea, i was just dumping the SMD data

>>21981981
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/p2z5zcuiisj7p9v/AADUiPlGzpAaQ1pAqXYny25Pa?dl=0
>>
>>21982095
thank you
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.