[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/rhg/ -- ROMhack General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 23

File: Pokemon Shining Opal Version.png (18KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon Shining Opal Version.png
18KB, 240x160px
Talk about Pokemon ROM Hacks here. Tell us about ones you're currently playing. Play some shitty ones while others laugh at your suffering. Whatevs.

http://pastebin.com/px8h2vhe
Pastebin of decent Hacks
>>
>>21202404
So, that wasn't that cringey, really, maybe I was just expecting worse.

One thing I noticed that's a nice detail is the NPCs changing dialogue between missions. None of their dialogue is good or even memorable, of course, but that it changes is nice at least.

I go back to Gardevoir, and she congratulates us on our mission and tells us someone's being stalked and chased in Boquet Field and we need to go investigate. We head out there, and apparently we need to go all the way through the first set of woods again, I guess for padding.
>>
>>21202509
Oh, must have been later at some point. I clearly remember something that made even 12 year old me cringe in pain.
>>
File: 138502734060.gif (381KB, 969x732px) Image search: [Google]
138502734060.gif
381KB, 969x732px
http://pastebin.com/7EALuWaH
http://thepiratebay.se/torrent/8947231/Pokemon_Rom_Hacks_Volume_4
>>
>>21198448
>Speed or Tech Aya?
>Power or Tech Sanae?
depends really

you need to think about the rest of your team, and if you can also the ivs of your pokemon.

generaly speaking,
Attack have good offanse
Technical have large movepool and the stats to make use of them (like speed to make sure you manage to make a wish for your wall before your enemy manage to 1ko you)
Speed are about moving before your opponent. glass canon, but when you got speed you don't have to worry about getting hit- your oponent won't be hitting anyone if he's already dead.

just think what fit your style. you can go full blitz with SAya and TSanae, or rely more on your move managment prowess with TAya and TSanae, or have SAya for when you need speed and ASanae for that delicious surf stab on a base 130 s.atk.
>>
>>21202509
Sidetracked by Sm4sh again, back.

I think this is the cringefest >>21202525 was thinking of.

We go through generic forest again, and find a rescue team bullying an Eevee, who they call Rose. Mmmmchu immediately recognizes that name, and when they reveal she's a human, I learn that this is the same Rose that was at Mmmmchu's yiff birthday party. I call it right now, Jagold is going to have turned into some Legendary or otherwise super-strong or super-edgy Pokémon, if not a Fakémon.

After Rose screams 36 exclamation marks, we beat Team Greenleaf -- I'm just glad they didn't rip this team from the animu special -- and they run away, still refusing to reveal why they're so misanthropic. My teammates walk away and then, ooohhh.

I cut out the majority of the conversation, but it was so fucking bad. Mmmmchu reveals their identity in the same way a teen might come out of the closet, there's a ton of ellipses by both sides of the conversation, and Rose timidly decides to be rescued.

Worst case scenario is they become romantically involved later in the game.

Hopefully won't be as sidetracked by Sm4sh tomorrow so we can make more ground. This is a goldmine.
>>
File: Typing Adventure.jpg (57KB, 400x360px) Image search: [Google]
Typing Adventure.jpg
57KB, 400x360px
Any hacks of this game around?
>>
>>21203732
God forbid...
>>
File: 1408397726170.png (208KB, 327x316px) Image search: [Google]
1408397726170.png
208KB, 327x316px
>>21203732
This would be fucking fantastic
>>
>>21203732
>The only word you can type is DICKS
>>
>>21203732
Someone needs to combine this with Scribblenauts.
>>
File: I didnt know thmon had those.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
I didnt know thmon had those.png
6KB, 240x160px
i know i said no blogging,
but yay shiny
>>
>>21205152
It's all good, a Shiny is a Shiny.
>>
>>21205152
'course it has shinies, at the same rate as the base game. 1 in 8012 or so.
>>
File: its all very generic.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
its all very generic.png
6KB, 240x160px
>>21205152

This has been a blogging thread the last four times it's been made and only the ebin troles have had a problem with it

Safe to say I have no idea where to reclaim the Torchic so I've been pushing on with the OC.

First gym was a bunch of short-arsed electrics, we already have two to three rivals and, while the route you're meant to go on has level 7s, the one you're not yet meant to bother with has level 16 raticates that near two-shot my electric fetus.

isn't particularly interesting as of currently
>>
File: with jews you lose.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
with jews you lose.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>21205168

>walk past a gatehouse guard
>you can't pass this way
>nope haha fooled you it was me Dio I mean Anita
>hand over the small device
>what you won't without a battle fine

she's not very smart is she
>>
>>21205152
it seems the zombie fairy it sprouts is also a shiny, not there is much visible change to the original zombie fairy.
(I used a swift shard just to check. also, shiny SRin is a white cat.)
>>
>>21205206

>Anita tries to grab the shekels, sorry, small device
>it by the power of DeviantArt fanfaction transfers bodies over
>so now I'm Anita
>which means I'm trans
>trannystomp.webm
>>
>>21205221
That's stupid.
Can you at least use her pokémon now?
>>
Anyone know a ROM hack that is a remake of gen 2 and is finished, but isn't Liquid Crystal, Shiny Gold, Crystal Dust, or that Japanese-only one that has the same name as a JRPG?
>>
>>21205387

Nope, inexplicably I still had Mikachu.

Turns out I, or him, or xhe, or has, got captured by I think they're called Team Psytric? anyway found my way to where they were keeping [correct pronoun] and yup, via fudging the ID code I proved it was reverse-samefag, the machine re-assigned our genders to un-trans the pair, and then the building entered self destruct sequence for NO REASON
>>
>>21205437
What.
Then what was the point of this?

Except to demonstrate that the hacker has watched too many saturday morning cartoon shows.
>>
File: PAUL.png (5KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
PAUL.png
5KB, 240x160px
>>21205481

>Paul
>>
>>21205651
>Paul with Misty sprite
>recolored Red
The creators of this hack seem lazy.
>>
File: ShinyChansey.png (338KB, 1167x576px) Image search: [Google]
ShinyChansey.png
338KB, 1167x576px
>>21205152

I found my first shiny ever in Storm Silver yesterday. I was so excited I made this.
>>
File: Moemon 3rd+ randomizer03.png (13KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Moemon 3rd+ randomizer03.png
13KB, 240x160px
Any other Moemon players here?
>>
>>21205933
>tfw I can tell what most of these were
Why was this hack made?
>>
>>21205943
> New sprites not just the same shit
> New post game
> Improved difficulty
>>
File: Toho ningyo geki sazanka-101.png (15KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Toho ningyo geki sazanka-101.png
15KB, 240x160px
Just finished Touhoumon Sazanka. Hardest
-mon game ever.
>>
File: Moemon Delta01.png (12KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Moemon Delta01.png
12KB, 240x160px
>>21205933
Another E4 pic
>>
>>21205998
how is it hard? how did you manage to finish it?
>>
>>21206092
>Insane level curve
>trainers have OP mons that are inaccessible
>caves can take hours because of puzzles and lack of flash
> Almost all double battles
>sometimes needing to do up to5 double battles without healing
> need to be lv 100 by the 6th gym
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gq85Ugzh1xg this gives a good idea of the battles
>>
>>21206173
>trainers have OP mons that are inaccessible
This is what was wrong with Liquid Crystal. The gyms had overleveled Pokemon, some that were Hoenn Pokemon that couldn't be caught even in the shitty OC postgame.
>>
>>21206188
the only way I finished it was by using A-Map to get some trainer mons because everything else was too weak. also its all in Japanese which add a lot to the difficulty.
>>
>>21206173
wow. guess there is a good reason why no one translated it.
>>
File: Toho ningyo geki sazanka-101.png (3KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Toho ningyo geki sazanka-101.png
3KB, 240x160px
>>21206308
the only really good part of this game is when you win a battle you feel like a fucking beast
>>
>>21206173
As a note, I just looked up Sazanka. Brock has a full team of six, and his ace is a level 29 Attack Yuugi. Wild levels are unchanged.

whadda fck

No really how can anyone think this is enjoyable or rewarding or fun instead of just tedious?
>>
>>21206414
Yea Brock is a cunt. Once you get to lv 100 it evens out but up to that point it is truly unbearable.
>>
>>21206449
I mean, I guess there are ways to do an extreme level curve, but this definitely isn't it, as it's not a curve so much a series of vertical walls as drops. Regular trainers have unchanged levels, as do wilds, but rockets and "bosses" have absurd levels. It's just... really not the way to go about it.
>>
>>21206497
I completely agree. It is clear that almost all the effort in this hack was put into the post game.
>>
>>21206497
not to mention. THIS IS ROCK TUNNEL AND YOU DONT HAVE FLASH
>>
>>21206765
Is this also the game where Viridian Forest is a huge dark maze and you dont have flash?
>>
>>21206777
sure is
>>
>>21206777
>>21206800
A different hack, but the same basic idea still holds. The one you're thinking of is probably Touhoumon Insane.
>>
>>21206809
Those damn Japanese.
>>
>>21206809
they have a very similar set up. both are very hard and very dark.
>>
>>21206816
In fairness, the original iteration didn't require flash; it just made Viridian a huge maze. Touhoumon Insane was made by some edgy-as-fuck 13 year old who ripped off all the maps from Touhoumon Lunatic, which was made by the Japanese, made it so that you couldn't see shit, completely rewrote the script, and called it a day.
>>
File: Moemon 3rd+01.png (8KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
Moemon 3rd+01.png
8KB, 240x160px
>>21206839
its hacks like that that just arent even fun or a challenge they just suck and are fucking impossible.
>>
File: InsaneVersion_15[1].png (4KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
InsaneVersion_15[1].png
4KB, 240x160px
>>21206892
You know, in the original version of Touhoumon Insane, the author's self-insert shows up right before your fight with Yukari, who was the champion of Lunatic, kicks her ass, and makes you fight him instead. He also replaced Giovanni with Hina, who wants to destroy and recreate the world because it's corrupt, somehow, and the Rocket admins are Rozen Maidens. Shit makes no sense.

Oh, and this is your rival.
>>
File: uwoaht.png (47KB, 737x703px) Image search: [Google]
uwoaht.png
47KB, 737x703px
Does anyone have experience using Pokemon Essentials/RPG Maker?
I tried creating this trainer who heals your Pokémon after you beat her, but none of the scripts after the initial text display actually function.
It worked perfectly for a different NPC –who isn't actually a trainer. I've already spent several hours trying to figure out what I am doing wrong but to no avail.
>>
File: touhoumon1.png (6KB, 240x160px) Image search: [Google]
touhoumon1.png
6KB, 240x160px
Me and my boyfriend have been playing that one Touhoumon 1.8 Enhanced game by Sanae Aichiya. He's never played Touhoumon before so I thought I'd start out with a basic hack of it with the more updated sprites and typings.
>>
>>21207082
I'd seriously just go with either Purple or Enhanced. They're two of the best, though if you really want to play an older hack, Blue is also decent.
>>
>>21207161
Hmm... never heard of the purple one. It looks cool. I may try it out sometime. Thanks :)
>>
>>21207179
A fair warning, though, it is a bit more challenging than Enhanced, as enemy trainers tend to have "smarter" movesets that compensate for their weaknesses.
>>
>>21207205
I'll be fine, I in particular played Touhoumon Insane, which I see a couple of people talking about.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.