[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuff in Gen VI that you miss from older Gens

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 79
Thread images: 10

File: BW_Prerelease_seasons_autumn.png (149KB, 505x189px) Image search: [Google]
BW_Prerelease_seasons_autumn.png
149KB, 505x189px
Pic Related...

>Seasons.
I liked the concept of them even though once season only lasted for a month.

Also, even though we have still have daylight hours, you can't really tell them apart like in Gen IV or Gen V.
>>
>>20613135
>Also, even though we have still have daylight hours, you can't really tell them apart like in Gen IV or Gen V.
You can, they just aren't as defined. The bike light is a nice touch though.
>>
The only thing I didn't like about seasons was the changes-every-month thing. Day and night made the game immersive because I could look outside my window and think "Oh! It's night time! Just like in my game." But when I look at my game and see a shitton of snow, then look outside and see 98 degree weather, it kind of breaks the illusion.
>>
>>20613195
yeah but if you waited real-time for seasons the feature would be pointless. and imagine wanting a pokemon that only appeared during a certain season.

they really shouldn't have scrapped seasons, but i didn't like that gen v lacked day/night pokemon differences, though. could have had purrloin and gothita as night-time encounters, or solosis in the day, etc
>>
Even though weather wars were fucking shit, I miss my bro being top tier.
>>
Underground mining.
>>
Moving grass
>>
>>20613135
Overworld sprites
>>
>>20613358
BW2 had so many Pokemon overworld sprites it made me think that they were planning to add following Pokemon back.

>you will never walk with your Unova bros

;-;7
>>
A good region. And colors.

Kalos was shit and every Pokemon isn't as colorful as they use to be. Haunter for example looks great in previous games but in XY he looks like shit.
>>
Pokeathlon
That was the best alternative achievement place they've had
>>
>>20613224
Seasons should have rotated on a weekly basis, because fuck having to wait up to real life 3 months just to get a specific location with specific items or whatnot.
>>
>>20613837
The colors in the 3D models are SO washed out.
>>
That extra free bag space in BW2 to put whatever the fuck you wanted in there

It was very convenient for holding items you use frequently so you don't have to scroll through a huge list of items.
>>
>>20613135
>Also, even though we have still have daylight hours, you can't really tell them apart like in Gen IV or Gen V.

It's fine for me, I play during nightime most of the time so always seeing a dark scenario pissed me off.
>>
Walking Pokémon
>>
Following Pokémon.

AUTORUN
>>
Seasons was idiotic. It'd be great if it occurred during the actual seasons, but having winter in August is fucking stupid when you live in the Northern Hemisphere.

>>20613152
It's strange. The bike light is surprisingly comfy.

And it just hit me. Something that honestly should have existed in earlier gens, and possibly only in certain locations. What if the not-as-dark nighttime is due to light pollution?
>>
I miss being able to call Cheren for how mons evolve.
I mean, it's completely pointless, but with how obscure some of the evolution methods are in gen VI, it would have been nice first playthrough
(It's the condition AND level that gets me)

I miss walking pokemon

I miss gym leaders in the dojo for rematches

I miss the PWT.

I miss gen IV's frontier

I miss secret bases.

I miss Join Avenue

I miss the pokewalker.

I miss gen IV/V's frequency of event mons.

I miss Voltorb Flip

I miss encounter tables changing with the time of day.

I miss Missingno.

I miss Pokegear Radio

I miss Post-game E4 upgrades.
...that's a really long list.
I promise I'm actually really satisfied with gen VI and haven't once complained about it, i just like all the old features.
>>
VS Seeker
>>
>>20614027
>I miss Post-game E4 upgrades.
If ORAS won't have those I'll kill somebody.
>>
Poketch
>>
The dating sim
>>
>>20614027
>I miss Pokegear Radio
Fucking hell, this. It is one of the biggest peeves I had with Gen III. That and the loss of Day/Night and days of the week. Setting your clock feels like bullshit when it doesn't even affect daylight and major events other than the fucking tide.

The PokeGear was seriously the best tech though. The only thing that ever came close for me was the Poketch.

Also, yeah, I miss time-of-day Pokemon. Zubat fluttering around at night. Ghosts and shit. Bugs in the mornings.
>>
>>20613837
>>20613892
To be fair, they're not anywhere near as washed out as they were in the early art for the pokemon.
>>
I miss mid battle trainer talk. I miss mid battle music switches. I miss the bike having a purpose. I miss a rival. I miss the lower screen being useful, even if only for seeing how dead your party is.
>>
>>20614280
>I miss mid battle trainer talk

I had completely forgotten about this
>>
Everything.
>>
>>20614027
People trying to figure out how Sliggoo evolved was hilarious though
>>
File: why.jpg (128KB, 287x494px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
128KB, 287x494px
>>20614222
>radio in HGSS
>turns off after every pokémon encounter
>>
>>20615631
In the rain isn't it?

How people were meant to know how to evolve inklay I have no clue
>>
>>20615814
Pokebeach posted leaked information months before the game came out, it described how to evolve Pancham and Inkay.
>>
>>20615814
It was leaked
I had fun lying to my sister about how to evolve it though
and when I actually told her the truth she thought I was trying to trick her again
it was like the boy who cried malamar
>>
>>20614257
is this bait?

early art used a single colour and was literally washed with water to create effect
>>
>>20615874
>>20615923
I know, I mean without it it would have almost been impossible to know
>>
File: 1347876324045.gif (134KB, 340x340px) Image search: [Google]
1347876324045.gif
134KB, 340x340px
>>20615923
How did she react after it actually evolved?
>>
god, 5th gen was go good
>>
File: sfwcrop34.png (298KB, 374x486px) Image search: [Google]
sfwcrop34.png
298KB, 374x486px
>>20613135
>Pokedex habitat list
>That music when the Gym Leader only has 1 Pokemon left
>That music when low HP
>Seasons
>inb4 gen5 babby
>>
>>20615985
Indeed
3>5>1>6>4>2
>>
>>20615963
I don't remember if there's even a NPC that gives you a clue about it.
>>
File: drawfags.png (379KB, 1280x439px) Image search: [Google]
drawfags.png
379KB, 1280x439px
>>20615981
"OH MY GOD I CAN'T BELIEVE IT
I'M SORRY I'LL NEVER DOUBT YOU AGAIN"
the next day she asked me how to get Zapdos to stop fleeing from her and I told her stuff like she needs to get 1000 "nice"s on the PSS
>>
>>20613195
Same with me, anon. If people are impatient they can mess around with the system clock. I prefer immersion over everything else in Pokemon, tbh.
>>
The more pronounced day/night cycle that GSC had.

It had a very similar feeling to Animal Crossing due to it back then, it was great.

Now it feels like the day/night cycle is fairly worthless.
>>
i lost my white 1. i had so much fun with it and recieved so many events. i'm taking it much better than i thought i would, though
>>
>>20613331
YES! Finally someone! I loved the sinnoh mining, just that separating zones was somehow annoying
>>
>>20616198
It was the only fun way to obtains shards fossils and heart scales! way better than pickpocketing luvdiscs all the time
>>
>>20616198
>>20616229
It was a really great use of the touchscreen. Did Gen V have one other than the musicals? Gen IV had mining and Pokeathlon, Gen VI has Anime and Super Training
>>
>>20614036
I miss this, too.
Hopefully ORAS will have those various trainers that we can rebattle again, like on the route where the daycare is at in RSE.
>>
>>20614280
Just remembered. Fucking pokeball seals.

I liked my Giratina appearing in a stream of confetti.
>>
>>20613992
The rollerskates are basically autorun
>>
File: 3971440-4949894936-laugh.jpg (156KB, 1920x1440px) Image search: [Google]
3971440-4949894936-laugh.jpg
156KB, 1920x1440px
>>20616075
Never change anon
>>
>>20616198
To be completely honest I never used mining

>>20616229
>better than pickpocketing luvdiscs all the time

I named my Frisk-Thief Noibat; Thief for that same reason. Luckily I have enough Heart Scales now thanks to my Gourgeist brigade with Pickup.
>>
Pokemon that only appear at a certain time of day
>>
The 5-6 pokemon E4 teams from 1st Gen.

The Battle Frontier from Emerald, i spent most of my time of the play through on the Frontier and there i learned the most about new strategies, how types worked and the potencial of pokemon i didn't use.
>>
>>20616368
You can't use them inside buildings and are harder to control.
>>
>>20615631
>I miss voltorb flip

Hi satan.
>>
>>20616880
But anon I hate voltorb flip
>>
>>20616024
>Music when the Gym Leader only has one Pokémon left
>Music when low HP
Fuck, I miss those dearly. Nothing made me feel more pumped that those two.
>>
>>20618786
I enjoyed the Gym Leader cue, but the low HP music became really annoying after a few months. I much prefer the brief beep in XY.

Also, reposting this from a shitposting thread, because it's highly relevant.

>. . .in the published Capumon notes, Tajiri talks about the importance of walking with Pokemon, and the role it plays in fostering a bond. Like other features, it was dropped due to Gameboy limitations.

Keep in mind that B/W were developed at the same time as HGSS, and BW2 was built on the BW assets. Implementing the feature it in XY would've required over 1000 fully animated models, which isn't feasible given the current storage medium.

Walking with Pokemon will return, when the technology allows it to.
>>
>>20618817
Do you think that, now that the XY team has finished and released the game, will they work on the RGB re-remakes? After all, Kanto has just lost its connectivity with the rest of the games alongside Hoenn.
>>
>>20618872
>Kanto has just lost its connectivity with the rest of the games alongside Hoenn

What connectivity?
>>
File: meowth.jpg (57KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
meowth.jpg
57KB, 395x395px
Basically everything already listed in this thread.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Game Freak? Why do they remove so much shit with EVERY SINGLE ITERATION?

If they had kept adding features instead of removing them every gen since Gen 3, imagine how much better the current games would be. They would be amazing.
>>
>>20618872
We've had four generations with the worst region. Unless they drastically change it to make it more interesting, it shouldn't be remade again.
>>
>>20616368
Shitty non-gridlocked auto run that you can't turn off unless you break your thumb to use the d-pad.
>>
>>20619171
Johto's only been around for 2 though.
>>
>>20619168
Gamefreak's design philosophy is to start with a bare bones baseline and build up what they want the experience to be.

Their laziness and corporate meddling ensure the best features of the franchise are kept separate and can be marketed later when people miss them.
>>
>>20614203
Same, holy shit. It was simple in nature, but it worked. Yancy is best girl.

I feel like they should implement something like this in future games, maybe with your Rival or something. They'll start off cold and standoff-ish, but you can interact with them more and they open up to you, if you so desired. If not, they'll remain as they are. You could even let them develop as a tsundere or something.
>>
>>20614280
>>20616024
>>20618786
I liked the "Gym leader has one pokemon left," but the glorified beeping was annoying as shit. It always seemed to happen when I was fighting Team Plasma, pissed me right the fuck off. was it someone's sole job to figure out how to make the beeping more annoying than it already was? I mean, overriding that sick Plasma track should've been a crime.
>>
>>20619007
GBA games. Not being able to directly trade Pokémon with each other. The last Kanto and Hoenn games were during the GBA reign.
>>
>>20619678
Ah yes, because it's not like you could go to kanto in HGSS or anything.
>>
>>20619239
Pretty sure you misspelled Sinnoh, and thankfully it's been quarantined to just one shameful generation.
>>
>>20619721
Exactly, which is why we should be getting another remake with the main storyline (RGB/RSE)
>>
>>20614350
me too but now I want it back
>>
>>20618872
Honestly, I think it's likely. Nostalgia has a great deal of marketability right now, and that's not going to go unnoticed by Nintendo. The Origin was wildly popular, the games aren't on the eShop, and the most recent system able to play Fire Red and Leaf Green is the DS Lite. I'd say it's due time.

As I've argued before, the games have to be entirely retooled to accommodate britbongs and their restrictions on gambling in games, meaning a huge portion of the Rocket story line (the hideout, the Pokemon smuggling, the entire town under their control) would have to be re-written and retooled for some new area.

If any game would do it though, I'd wager it would be remakes of Red and Green.
>>
>>20619822
>the games have to be entirely retooled to accommodate britbongs and their restrictions on gambling in games
They already removed the gambling in FRLG
>>
>>20619854
No they didn't. They just removed the word gambling, as in "I'm a gamblin', gaming dude!". The Game Corner functionality was the same.

The EU release of Platinum changed the machines to a daily lottery where the player can get a random number of coins. The international release of HGSS changed the Game Corner to Voltorb Flip.
>>
>>20619899
Fuck, I meant ramblingbut you all knew that.
>>
>>20613331

I loved EVERYTHING about the underground. I always loved secret bases, and D/P/PT's underground is a close second. I like having a home base of my own. I loved being able to decorate it and own things and I had a lot of IRL friends to play pokemon with, we did the capture the flag, traps, playing together, all of it

now they're all some kind of married, pregnant, a deadbeat dad, drug-addicted, 60+ hour a week part time minimum wage slaves or in the military. fuck. ;_;
>>
File: kantostarter.png (12KB, 256x192px)
kantostarter.png
12KB, 256x192px
>>20619746
Uh?
Thread posts: 79
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.