[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emerald Hideout in ORAS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

File: 3yRAIII.png (427KB, 403x490px) Image search: [Google]
3yRAIII.png
427KB, 403x490px
>here we can see the team magma hideout entrance on Jagged Pass, previously only found in Emerald.
What does it mean? Emerald plot confirmed?
>>
Why would the Emerald plot not be confirmed? Have you even played HG/SS?
>>
>>20608965
Well, people are thinking that the plot will just be a remake of RS with some twists added in due to only seeing dialogue and information on the evil teams from RS with little evidence pointing towards emeralds plot being interwined
>>
>>20608965
HG/SS had Cristal's plot? Weird, i tought the main plot of these games was to catch Lugia/Ho-oh, just like in G/S...
>>
Maybe they retconned Groudon into the Magma Hideout for OR only. It really did make a lot more sense for it to be in a volcano than at the bottom of the sea
>>
>>20608953
Where did you get these pictures from?
>>
>>20609010
Pictures taken from the new mini trailers on the Jap ORAS website
>>
>>20609010
My dad works at Nintendo
>>
>>20608979
Suicune and Eusine are a Crystal only storyline.

Also FRLG were direct remakes of Blue, not red/green
>>
>>20609044
>Suicune and Eusine are a Crystal only storyline

yeah but in HGSS the Suicune events are something optional that you are not obligated to do, unlike Crystal where Suicune was part of the main storyline and you had to fight it in the Tin Tower at the end instead of Lugia/Ho-oh

>Also FRLG were direct remakes of Blue, not red/green

i don't know what you mean with that, as long as i can remeber they are the same game
>>
>>20609109

In Japan the original games were Red/Green. Blue came out later with bug fixes and updated sprites. The US got the localized version of Blue, with the wild pokemon exclusives of Red/Green
>>
>>20609128
but they still are the same game

also
>Fire RED
>Leaf GREEN
>>
Can you link the exact japanese site?
>>
>>20608953
I don't see the entrance, can you be more accurate ?
>>
>>20609232
I'm sure you can google 'Pokemon Japan'
>>20609249
First image, top right.
>>
>>20609334

There's something in bottom left of second pic that looks like a locked gate to the hideout.
>>
>>20609044
>Also FRLG were direct remakes of Blue, not red/green
No, you fucking retard.
>>
>>20609757
That's stairs.
>>
>>20609188
Actually, some of the map layouts are different.
>>
>>20610324
He's still retarded. FireRed and LeafGreen are remakes of Red and Green, not Blue, because Blue didn't change shit worth remaking.

As to the maps, it uses the ones from Red and Green (see Cerulean Cave). Of course some shit is different.
>>
>>20609776
Technically they are due to map layouts.
>>
>>20610341
Still wrong.
>>
>>20608979
Really? Last I looked all the legendary encounters are optional, the only "plot" G/S had was beat team rocket and become a pokemon master.
>>
>>20608953
>>
>>20608953
Something I'm consistently seeing in all of the new footage is that the locations are scaled slightly bigger then they were in RS, albeit still boxy.

Pretty sure this is a good sign for the rest of the game.
>>
>>20611055
Longer legs, bigger steps
>>
>>20608987
This is a possibility, if they don't go the Emerald route.

Either they have Magma's Hideout here, which makes more sense anyway since they're at Mt. Chimney, a volcano, rather than in the ocean in an ocean base
>>
>>20611143
Are trying to say that it will be faster because movement will be faster? That is what happened with XY, but we don't know if the roller skates are going to be in ORAS, and if they aren't you can just not ride the bike and be fine.
>>
File: oras magma hideout.jpg (24KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
oras magma hideout.jpg
24KB, 400x240px
>>20611149
Anon, I...
>>
>>20611253
Is that the hideout near Lilycove?
>>
>>20611263
It would appear so.
>>
>>20611263

That's not a hideout. It's the port, don't remember if Slateport or Lilycove, but they would go underwater afterwards, and then you go follow them etc.
>>
>>20611228
I meant locations are probably bigger because the player character is bigger. Not that there are necessarily more or less squares in the grid. It does look nice though.
>>
File: 0IkPz.jpg (68KB, 720x704px) Image search: [Google]
0IkPz.jpg
68KB, 720x704px
>>20611253
>The power of quintuplets
>>
>XY locations are tiny as fuck in comparison
thank fucking god. my only worry for oras was that it would be small and cramped, but it's bigger than the original
>>
>>20611589
Oh, it sounded like an idiom or something I hadn't heard of.
Anyway I'm too lazy to search for the exact spot in RS but if you compare all of the screenshots we have so far you can see that everything is clearly a little bigger. Like Fortree, Cycling Road, Route 119, Jagged Pass a bit too, and it looks like whatever the route is with the berry farm (where you see Brendan making a secret base) is very different. I think we saw part of the desert too although I'm not too sure on that one. Granted most of these are just more empty space but it's something.

I'm glad that we got these because it seems like this time they haven't been showing us a whole lot of the overworld (which is a big reason people wanted a remake in the first place) but they show mostly new megas instead. I'm glad that we're getting those but I can honestly wait and be surprised for that. I'd like to see more redesigns and more of Hoenn next months and maybe confirmation on what's returning and what new features there are, no more megas dammit.
>>
>>20610457
i don't remeber if in the original G/S/C they obligate you to capture the legendary before heading towards the league but in HGSS they do and in Crystal you had to face Suicune instead of Lugia/Ho-oh while in HGSS Suicune is part of the post game so no, you're still wrong
>>
>>20612413
No they don't. Tbh I'm not totally sure they tell you to go to Tin Tower/Whirl Islands when you get the Rainbow and Silver wing
>>
>>20609334
>I'm sure you can google 'Pokemon Japan'
I can, but i can't find the trailer.
>>
>>20613952
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/movie/
The last two video
>>
File: Hype Over.png (361KB, 407x400px) Image search: [Google]
Hype Over.png
361KB, 407x400px
>>20608953
These are just cliffs of varying sizes. No secret entrances here.
>>
>>20608953
>OP samefagging his hype for ORAS
>even when they're beyond saving at this point and people are finally starting to realize how shitty they'll be
>>
Emerald's plot was always confirmed, /vp/ is just filled with people who haven't seen more than one or two gens before.
>>
Cool, looks like we're basically guaranteed a comprehensive Battle Frontier then. Looking forward to the DPPt Battle Zone-style changes to that as well considering how dismal the wild Pokemon areas there were.
>>
>>20617664
It has been confirmed multiple times that ORAS will use the plot of RS. For the love of God it isn't going to follow Emerald just accept it and move on already. This is a remake of Ruby and Sapphire, Emerald's story is too different from RS's to incorporate it well. The most we can hope for is Rayquaza still intervening in the end.
>>
>>20617741
Moving the Magma Hideout is not a drastic change. The old one doesn't make any sense.
>>
>>20617741
Keep denying it all you want, that isn't going to change anything. Game Freak is honestly one of the most predictable companies out there. I don't understand why there's so many full grown adults that expect either stupid, expansive shit or barely anything at all in this series.

It's Pokemon, it's a remake, they're not going to make Delta Emerald, get over it.
>>
>>20615855
The texture looks funny though.
Those brown slopes weren't there in the original map either. So it isn't deconfirmed yet.
>>
>>20616954
Just accept that nobody agrees with you and fuck off back to your stupid petition.
>>
Those just look like the mud cliffs you use the mach bike to climb
>>
>>20608953
there has not been any confirmation of any Emerald features at all in ORAS
>>
I'm honestly just interested in seeing if they brought back customization
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.