[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Well, /vp/, it's been nearly a year since we've gotten

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 182
Thread images: 26

File: fairy-type.jpg (34KB, 481x288px) Image search: [Google]
fairy-type.jpg
34KB, 481x288px
Well, /vp/, it's been nearly a year since we've gotten to know the new Fairy-type. So far we got

>35 fairies in total
>22 of them being retcons of older gen mons
>There are now 5 fairy-type megas
>1 fairy gym leader with a dollhouse gym full of furisode girls
>moves range from having astral connections (moonlight, moonblast) to alluring and playful behaviour (sweet kiss, play rough, baby-doll eyes)

So, flavor-wise, what exactly is it that makes a fairy type?
>>
>>20558473
Cuteness and playfulness incarnate.

Think of it as a kid.
>>
I like the new type, too bad is from one of the worst generations.
>>
>weak to poison and steel only
It needs a weakness that isn't complete ass as an offensive typing

I wouldn't mind a Fire weakness and at least neutral to Bug
>>
some unifying traits could include:
>astral/lunar connections (sylveon, clefairy)
>displaying stereotypical feminine attributes(florges, gardevoir,diancie)
>"cute"ness
>being related to actual fairy lore (mawile, gardevoir, xerneas)
>having a concept revolving around happiness, healing, and benevolence (togekiss, gardevoir, mega audino and even mega altaria to an extent)
>being mischievous(whimsicott, mawile, klefki)

imo
>>
>>20558603
>giving fire an offensive buff when that's the last thing it needs

i feel you, anon,but come on
>>
>>20558473

Cuteness, astral connections, and demons (Mawile, Gardevior and Granbull)
>>
faggotness makes fairy, which makes it being immune to dragon and resistant to fighting even more insulting
>>
>>20558603
How to spot a retard.

Gee I wonder if gamefreak wanted to give a buff to two shitty types to use offensively.
>>
>>20558631
Ok, I didn't put any thought into it

How about a weakness to Psychic?
>>
>>20558694
>Gee I wonder if gamefreak wanted to give a buff to two shitty types to use offensively.
That's the point, they have shitty distribution which is why they're so terrible as an offensive type
Better distribution of Iron Head, Poison Jab, Gunk Shot and Gyro Ball when
>>
>>20558603
Weakness to bug would be neat.
>>
>>20558744
When? Fucking move tutors are just around the corner. Stop being such a whiner.
>>
File: literalfairyswan.jpg (9KB, 211x238px) Image search: [Google]
literalfairyswan.jpg
9KB, 211x238px
>>20558610
after typing this shit out, i realised that quite a few older gen pokemon could have easily been given the type. these are pokemon i feel would work well, conceptually, as fairy-types

-meganium (it needs something to set it apart, honestly)
-gothitelle(Bows: The Pokemon, wide pale blue eyes, THE ASTRAL BODY POKEMON)
-blissey(look at it, loooook at ittt. also it coneptually fits the same mold that pokemon like clefable and togekiss/togetic)
-mismagius(banshee)
-banette(ghost of a doll, idk, for some reason it just feels right)
-lilligant
-milotic
-musharna

aaaand last but not least, pic related
>fairy-but-not-a-fairy sparkly moon swan
>>
>>20558802
I agree with most of these but Banette.
>>
>>20558695
I feel like this would be a good idea, given that fairy rendered Psychic rather redundant this gen, and this would give it a niche.

honestly i just wish there was a way to help out grass, ice and bug without nerfing fairy too muchand making it psychic 2.0

>tfw all four are your favourite types
sucks, honestly
>>
>>20558802
You keep that fairy shit away from Cresselia.
>>
Psychic should resist or be immune to fairy, and bug should be at least neutral if not SE on it.
>>
>>20558928
But anon, how is Cresselia supposed to beat big, bad, mean darkrai without STAB Moonblast?
>>
fairy=magical girl type
>>
>>20558949
She doesn't need to be given fairy cancer, she could be given an ability that let's her STAB with Moon/Lunar whatever based moves.
>>
>>20559102
but anon, don't you think that psychic/fairy would thematically fit cresselia much better, than mono psychic?
>>
>>20558492
This
>>
>>20559185
No, you Fairy type cocksucker.

Fairies are historically more like Dark types than even Dark types are they are the very definition of evil and love to torment shit.

Which is the comfuckingplete opposite of what Cresselia does, hell it would make more sense to make Darkrai a Fairy than Cresselia based on how Fairies behave.

Secondly even the modern interpretation of Fairies they are still complete and utter assholes or prissy little bitches if you are lucky.

Finally just because it has pink on it (it's infact mostly blue and cream in coloration) does not mean it's a fucking Fairy.
>>
>>20558802
Mega Absol needs to be Fairy, it looks faggy as shit and it would help him to survive mach punch and u turn.
>>
>>20559454

>Muh historical accuracy

Get wrekt, nerd. They're going with Disney-style fairy interpretation.

Tinkerbell never beheaded a man and shit in his neckhole. She just sprinkles pixie dusk and winks at people and shit.
>>
>>20558473
>22 of them being retcons of older gen mons
Here's something that baffles me. Originally, many of these Fairies were Normal-types, weak to Fighting. Now all of a sudden they can resist and even fight back. Now how do you think this can be justified in-universe?

"Oh, we just discovered they were faking it this whole time"? Or what?
>>
>>20558694
But even still, nobody uses them. They'r enot to be offensive types. If they wanted to buff Poison, just make it strong to Water.
>>
>>20559533
Mutations, I guess. The same way a Bulbasaur evolves (mutates) into an Ivysaur, a Normal type grows (mutates/evolves) another type out of nowhere. It actually makes a lot of sense from an evolutionary perspective: the pokémon adapts, grows a defense against its 'predators'.
>>
>>20559533

They became fairies after they visited Kalos. The French corrupted them with their cheese-eating surrender monkey DNA.
>>
>>20559516
Forth line from my post.

>Secondly even the modern interpretation of Fairies they are still complete and utter assholes or prissy little bitches if you are lucky.

Try reading the entire post next time or don't reply at all

Also Tinkerbell is a bitch.
>>
>Play Rough is now a move tutor
>yfw
>>
>>20559566
Words cannot express how much I hate France right now.
>>
>>20558473
Fairy Pokemons are aliens
>>
>>20559557
>Pokemon evolution is the same thing as type change of previously established species
>>
>>20559736
Now you're just being conflictive for the sake of it.
>>
>>20559533
I've always interpreted it as such:
>trainer battles are simulations of battles between wild pokemon
>type match-ups are based on extensive research and documentation of battles between wild pokemon
>steel, dark, and fairy were discovered when the scientific community agreed to change the rules based on overwhelming evidence of battles between wild pokemon (kinda like how we reclassify established species in a new family, order, etc. in real-life biology)

I'm basing this mainly off of a single statement made by that one kid towards the beginning of the game that mentions how the fairy was newly discovered and changed match-ups.
>>
File: 186752.jpg (99KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
186752.jpg
99KB, 600x600px
>>20559533
Kalos versions are more resilient. Soon, pokemon breeders will import them around the world and the old breeds will become abnormal.
>>
>>20559454
>Florges
>Sylveon
>Xerneas
>Mega Audino
>Gardevoir
All protecting, caring, benign Fairy mons. At most, ones like Klefki or Whimsicott are meant to be cheeky and whimsical, but hardly "leading people astray into forests to watch them die" levels.
>>
File: tumblr_m06bsiGNJc1qadqfco8_250.png (67KB, 228x228px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m06bsiGNJc1qadqfco8_250.png
67KB, 228x228px
>>20559691
>taking that seriously
jesus
>>
>>20560017
>taking a quote from TF2 seriously.
good god
>>
>>20559102
>she
>her
>>
File: fairies_togekiss.png (571KB, 952x796px) Image search: [Google]
fairies_togekiss.png
571KB, 952x796px
>>20558473
Kind of a mix of traditional and modern interpretations of Fairies, which honestly is pretty nice.

Sure there are no shortage of cutesy, pink Pokemon under the Fairy umbrella, but the moves and general feel of the type take inspiration from different sources. Many of the more "magical" attacks have to do with drawing power from Nature (Geomancy, the Moon moves, the Mist moves, and Flower Shield). There's also a number that are based on trickery and deception (Crafty Shield, Draining Kiss, Fairy Lock, etc). Many of the Pokemon with this type have either healing powers, Nature-connections, or a mischievous streak, which is better than simply being the cutesy lace-and-ribbons type.

Sure, it isn't the sinister, Fae-folk, old-god based type some people wanted it to be, but there was never really a chance of that happening. At least it draws some basis from traditional lore, and we have a number of Fairies already who are more mystical than cute. Xerneas is the perfect example and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more like it in generations to come. Mega Altaria, Florges, and Gardevoir have a majestic air about them as well, and mons like Mawile, Carbink, Whimsicott, and Klefki take a lot of cues from mythology and folklore.

Basically every Fairy is cute or beautiful, sure, but there's very much a theme of mysticism and "more than meets the eye". Many of them are magical, tricksy, or even a little unsettling. I originally wasn't sold on the type when it was revealed, but I think it's been a fair and enjoyable representation. They've made a good new additio n to the games, and I look forward to new Fairy-type moves and monsters.

If you still need convincing that there's a bit more mythos to the type beyond the frills and fluff, the Fairy Tale Girl trainer class exemplifies it perfectly.
>>
A lot of the fairies are in the fairy egg group before it became a type
>>
>>20559603
You are a faggot.
>>
>>20558802
I agree with all of those except milotic, blissey and banette. The fairy typing would be a straight up buff for Milotic and blissey and they don't need that to stay good. Benette just got a decent mega, prankster is so good, but I would change it to activate on its first turn. Musharna needs more love.
>>
>>20561278
>caring about competitive viability changes instead of just wanting a pokemon to realise it's full potential

But where is your heart, anon
>>
>>20560943
OP here, these are all my thoughts and feelings exactly! Holy shit, I love you
>>
>>20561504
My heart is sick of milotic and blissy. I wouldn't mind the idea so much if the fairy type was better balanced, but as is M and B would be disgusting with the fairy buff. They have far more potential than most pokemon as they are.
>>
>>20560883
>100% female
>>
>>20558603
>>20558759
Yeah, who the fuck thought it would be a good idea to nerf bugs even more. Come the fuck on
>>
File: altaria_megaevo.gif (1MB, 245x160px) Image search: [Google]
altaria_megaevo.gif
1MB, 245x160px
>>20561543
Glad you appreciate my analysis. GameFreak did a pretty admirable job with the Fairies overall, not going too far in either direction on the cute-to-creepy scale. This is Pokemon, they have to maintain the cuddly factor, but it would've been disappointing if they totally glossed over the more mystical and trickery-based elements. Even moves like Play Rough and Baby-Doll Eyes, which on the surface are simply "cute" attacks, play in to the theme of "don't let your guard down or underestimate these guys" that has always been a crucial aspect of fairy tales and mythology. Overall, the Fairy type feels cohesive, like it has unifying elements and an interesting theme. I'm pleased.

I'm especially pleased because the Mega for my old favorite Altaria is a work of art and nicely balances the majesty and cuddliness of being a Dragon/Fairy type.
>>
>>20558473
>So, flavor-wise, what exactly is it that makes a fairy type?
Vague "weird and cute," just like how Dragon is a vague "tough and reptilian."
>>
It's a broad type like Poison, I'd say. Generally Fairy-mons are either:

1) Cutemons
2) Mystical
3) Feminine

>>20559533
Same way they justified type match ups changing in Gen 2: they won't, and after the change they'll just pretend it's always been that way. For Gamefreak, gameplay trumps continuity.
>>
File: crockermon.gif (248KB, 446x327px) Image search: [Google]
crockermon.gif
248KB, 446x327px
>>20561754
I'll admit, as much as I like how Fairy type was handled in terms of theme and execution their resistance to Bug is some bullshit. The type matchups for Fairy aren't ideal, but that is the biggest flaw. At least the other interactions make more sense based on lore, such as traditional weaknesses to iron and clean-burning fire, the idea of pollution impacting Nature (which the type is clearly closely tied to), and the fate of Dragons in most fairy tales.
>>
>>20560943
>>20561543
>>20561832
Screencapped for truth.
>>
File: fairy type analysis.png (110KB, 1007x610px) Image search: [Google]
fairy type analysis.png
110KB, 1007x610px
>>20562046
>derp
>>
>>20562089
I'm honored you capped it but looking at the image just makes me realize how many times I said "sure" instead of phrasing things differently.

Writer's remorse.
>>
>mfw when it was just made bluntly just to counter dragons
>just for dragons
>nothing else behind it but cute stuff
>>
>>20560943
>Sure, it isn't the sinister, Fae-folk, old-god based type some people wanted it to be
Maybe in future gens? I keep hoping for a Dark/Fairy goblin.
>>
File: aku_book.jpg (80KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
aku_book.jpg
80KB, 400x300px
>>20562633
I'm not saying we won't get Pokemon like that, but it isn't the point of the overall type. We could certainly get a malevolent Dark/Fairy, which uses dark magic and deception to defeat opponents. How about a Troll, pairing Fairy with Ground or Fighting? Maybe a Fairy/Fire Will-o-the-Wisp that focuses on status, confusion, and stat-lowering? How about a Water/Fairy Mermaid, as a swift, special counterpart to Azumarill's physical tanking? A pure Fairy Changeling with Protean and a wide movepool? A Fairy/Flying Griffin, a Fairy/Grass Dryad, a Fairy/Rock Kobold, or a Fairy/Ghost Banshee?

By allowing the type to take inspiration from folklore and mythology as well as the surface-layer cute-appeal, the floor is open for monsters like these.
>>
>>20563328
Any ideas about how to make the fairy type more balanced in terms of weaknesses and resistances?
>>
cute/creepy
>>
>>20564455
Change its bug resistance to Ghost

Make Grass resist it instead of Fire
>>
>>20563328
Sounds good to me.
>>20564455
I still say Normal should have an advantage of some sort. It already has a weakness to Fighting and a bad offense towards Rock, why can't it have something good about it? If the argument is that it's Normal and therefore neutral, then why Fighting and Rock? You know?

I also think Fairy resisting Bug is sort of weird. I'd said it in another thread someplace, I think, but it's screwy that the instance Bug actually becomes useful, they have to nerf it again.

Perfectly fine with everything else though, I think. Even though its matchups with Fighting and Fire are a bit baffling. Not that I'm complaining about fire - my Flareon did really well defending against Sylveon not too long ago.
>>
>>20564569
Nah, make Ice resist it instead of Fire. Give Ice some love.
>>
>>20559102
>Wanting to fuck a limbless space duck

underaged faggot, pls, go back to your shithole
>>
>>20564569
>Make Grass resist it instead of Fire
>implying they didn't make fire resist fairy solely so charX would take neutral damage from faries
>>
>>20558802
I agree with most of those but we don't need more cute fairy types like blissey. Fairy types should be based on lore and astronomy.
>>
>>20558473
Dragon, Bug, and Fairy types shouldn't exists
>>
>>20564753
>>20564616
Fire makes at least some sense. There are a few traditional myths and superstitions about repelling fairies or changelings with fire and hot coals. Similar to their fear of iron, though it's not quite as widespread or well-known you can find plenty of references to it in folklore.
>>
>>20564569
Cool, grass and bug need the help, fire really doesn't.
>>20564616
Yeah, normal should have something going for it other than the ghost immunity, and otherworldlyness being weak to neutrality is a cool idea. Again bug needs all the help it can get and being resisted by fairy really sucks for bugs. Fighting doesn't need the weakness.
>>20564753
Yeah, zardX would still be good regardless of fairies. GF didn't need to give the whole type a resistance to fairies just for chraizard.
>>20565318
I hope this played at least some part in their thought process, I feel that it was mostly about chraizard though.

If I were in charge of type matchups (not that I am even remotely qualified) fairy would be;
Immune to; dragon
Weak to; poison, steel, bug, normal
Resistant to: dark, something else should be here.
Resisted by: poison, steel, rock, bug, fire
Super Effective against: dragon

I think bug needs some kind of buff, and psychic needs it's anti-fighting niche. I gave rock a resistance to fairy because it isn't really that good as defensive type and could use a few more perks. I took away is x2 against fighting it doesn't really need that, and I don't want fighting to become irrelevant. I think my revision should give it another resistance, but i don't know what that would be, psychic, grass or fighting maybe? The dragon resistance is a big deal though, so maybe it doesn't
>>
>>20560000
Reread my post.
>>
>>20561097
Your precious Tinkerbell is still a bitch.
>>
>>20564714
>Implying anywhere in there I said I wanted to fuck Cresselia.

>Implying Cresselia has no limbs.
>>
File: fuck sake.png (464KB, 719x719px) Image search: [Google]
fuck sake.png
464KB, 719x719px
>>20560820
Not everyone plays TF2, despite what r/teamfortress2 tells you
>>
>>20562470
Besides having to pack Poison Jab or Iron Head have Dragons actually suffered much because of the Fairy type?
>>
>>20566312
They can't spam outrage anymore if the opponent has a fairy.
>>
>>20566147
>Implying I go to r/teamfortress2, or even know where that is.
>>
>>20560943
>There's also a number that are based on trickery and deception

>Bite
>Embargo
>Steal
>Feint Attack
>Assurance
>Fake Tears
>Flatter
>Taunt
>Foul Play
>Nasty Plot
>Snatch
>Sucker Punch
Sounds familiar...
>>
>>20567925
Way to cherry pick from the post. There's a bit of overlap, but Fairy moves are a bit more mischievous and about cute appearances while Dark moves are a bit more Sinister. There's much more to the type than the nature of those few moves.
>>
I wish it was weak to Normal.

Like, what ruins fun, imaginative things like Fairies? Normal things. Life.
>>
>>20568430
It does have weakness against pollution (Poison), and man-made technology (Steel).
>>
>>20558949
I have a feeling its mega will be Psychic Fairy, because Altaria is the only other non Fairy type that learns Moonblast naturally, and guess what it got a Fairy mega.

I'm also hoping Darkrai gets a Fairy Dark Mega
>>
>If I were in charge of type matchups (not that I am even remotely qualified) fairy would be;
Immune to; dragon
Weak to; poison, steel, bug, normal
Resistant to: dark, something else should be here.
Resisted by: poison, steel, rock, bug, fire
Super Effective against: dragon

You just nerfed it really hard. Fairy is meant to check the OP types. The only thing wrong with it is Fire should not resist it and it should lose its bug resistance in favor of something else.

If we're going to be talking about OP types, we ought to look at Ghost and Water first, then secondly, Electric.
>>
>>20569096
Oops meant to resond to

>>20565470
>>
File: altaria_blend.jpg (41KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
altaria_blend.jpg
41KB, 1024x683px
>>20568953
Lunatone actually learns it too. Both can be attributed to their lunar theme, to play devil's advocate.

Altaria was an oddball case before the reveal of its Mega. It's always been a very mystical creature even by Pokemon standards.
>huge learnset of natural powers including Fire, Ice, Ground, Grass (Solar Beam), Psychic (Dream Eater), and Fairy
>lots of moves based on protection and healing
>uses voice for attacking as well as support, can induce a dream-like state in listeners
>very friendly and cute, while also looking majestic and having all the powers of a Dragon
>closely tied thematically to the sky and clouds
>some vaguely mythological basis in legends about sky-dwelling birds and dragons
It fits the mold of the Fairy type pretty well
>>
File: Granbull.png (22KB, 140x182px) Image search: [Google]
Granbull.png
22KB, 140x182px
>>20558610
what defines fairy types again?
>>
>>20569806
Apparantly it's the Cu-Sith or however it's spelled in Scottish mythology but it resembles it the same way Probopass resembles Mao Zedong
>>
I don't mind it, I just wish its type match-ups were more balanced

For example, it was supposed to keep Dragons in check, but it ruined Fighting and Dark types more than it did to Dragons. Did fighting types really need the nerf this gen? As if Gale Wings/Aerilate wasn't enough?

Additionally, it also stole from Psychic and Ice niches, which were already two of the worst types in terms of match-ups.

If it at least lost SE or resist against Fighting and if Grass maybe resisted it or was immune to it (flavor/lore-wise and balance-wise this makes sense), maybe it would have worked out even better.

Lastly, they could have drawn more inspiration to other fae folk, instead of concentrating it with pink blobby stuff.
>>
>>20569882
Every pokemon that received fairy type was buffed quite significantly through typing alone and they claimed it was used to help balance the types. It's like trying to but out a fire with a bucket of oil.
>>
I still just wish they went with Cosmic instead of Fairy. It's a lot easier to fit into the lore.
>>
>>20569882
Ground and Fighting types were both offensive types, but look how much types resists Fighting moves now. And it's not like you can use the "Flying-types are immune to ground types" card, since Ghosts are also immune to Fighting types. Additionally, Ground types have at least one immunity.

I'm not against Fairy-type, I'm just against a few of its flaws against other types.
>>
>Second least common type after Ghost which is monstrous
>90% of Fairy types are shitmon (Wigglytuff, Granbull, Dedenne) and therefore useless
>Of the maybe six viable Fairy types, half are Megas and as such competing for the Mega slot in your team
>One good special move in Moonblast, one shaky physical move in Play Rough
It's shit
>>
>>20569806
>Literally the Fairy Pokemon
It's joke has always been that Snubbull and Granbull are ugly/intimidating Pokemon, but women dote over them
>>
>>20569882
Fighting was just as good as Dragon last gen. Maybe better since they had a SR resistance. Terrakion and Keldeo took no prisoners.
>>
>>20569882
>Did fighting types really need the nerf this gen?
Yes they did

> As if Gale Wings/Aerilate wasn't enough?
Only 2 pokemon have these abilities

Dark received a huge buff this gen

Also, Dark and Fighting were up there with Dragon and Water in Gen 5's metagame. These types needed a nerf.
>>
>>20570146
>Dark recieved a huge buff this gen
No it didn't.
>>
>>20570166
Knock Off buff and Steel lost it's resistance to Dark.
>>
>>20570146
Literally the only thing they got was Knock Off. I don't think the Steel nerf was that major to it.
>>
>>20570188
Lots of non-darks can learn knock off, and fairy resists and is super effective against dark. It broke even.
>>
>>20570166
Knock Off and the removal of Steel's resistance go a long way, even with the Fairies.
>>
>>20570146

And Fairy's next in line for a nerf. Mark my words.

I don't understand why they bothered to add a new type this far into the series. It wasn't the only option to balancing the game nor was it the most practical.
>>
>>20570146
>>20570104
>naming 2 legendary mons
you could have said Conkeldurr, but even then, how many pokemon are that to represent the whole type? The whole Gen has that minmax stats thing going on, which is why a lot of people would title Conkeldurr as the "better Machamp", but look at the rest of the fighting types. The type as a whole is far from overpowered. Even Blaziken was because GF loves their cock so much they gave him speed boost. And look at where these "special select few fighting types" are--taking NEUTRAL damage to the new type supposedly made to "nerf" fighting types. Yea, okay.
>>
>>20570218
Couldn't they have nerfed dragons by removing a couple of resistances or even all four? High stats and diverse movepools at the cost of an undesirable type.
>>
If fairy represents childlike innocence, why isn't Banette a fairy type? It's literally a haunted CHILDREN'S toy. Gamefreak pls.

Also I guess they kinda dug themselves a hole with Granbull by calling it a fairy pokemon. I never understood that. It's a fucking bulldog.
>>
>>20570146
>Only 2 pokemon have these abilities
But look at where that Talonflame is. EVERWHERE
>>
>>20570273
That's your fault for not having counters
>>
>>20570238

This. Fighting-types like Mienshao, Gallade, and others were fine in Gen. 5. It sucks that they had to be give a new weakness because of a couple of OU mons.
>>
>>20559454
Bu-but much fairy horror is more marketable to 10 year old kids than cute things being associated with fairy
>>
In OU rankings

13 dark types
5 fairy
9 fighting
14 dragon

Sure, Fairy did nerf them hard. If anything Water and Flying are the OP types

Water has 19 pokes

Flying has 21
>>
>>20570597
Flying is just a very common sub-type. Not every Pokemon uses Flying STAB, except the dedicated birdspammers and other mons with the higher-powered moves.
>>
>>20570207
>I don't think the Steel nerf was that major to it.
Steels are more common than Fairies in pretty much every tier. Fairies hut Dark types defensively but offensively, Dark types are the best they've ever been because being able to get past the most defensive type in the game with just their STABs is huge.
>>
I'm very, very excited to see what GF has in store for future gen fairies. Remember dark and steel types in gen 2? Barely any moves and mons. I probably have a bit too much faith in GF but I wholeheartedly believe that there will be many more mystical, majestic and xerneas-esque fairies to come in the future. I just hope I live long enough to see it.
>>
>>20572153
Same here. I am hoping Florges gets a mega. Hopefully, without that dreaded Grass typing added to it.
>>
>>20570325
That's not my point. My point is that, yes, only one pokemon so far has Gale Wings, but that's irrelevant when everybody has one.
>>
>>20558694
Then they should have made them better offensively.

Having more SE doesn't make them not shit.
>>
>>20559830
This is a dumb theory but makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>20570244
Yes let's nerf a type that consists almost entirely of pseudo-legendaries, and by design was to be a miniboss to try to get the player off of their starter Pokemon.
>>
>>20559454
This is just not this game's interpretation, period. If it was, they had the perfect chance to make Hoopa a fairy instead of psychic (and about a billion times better by doing so). They didn't take it. Instead Diancie did because it fits the game's definition. Ghost types already holds the position of 'asshole spirit being that just might want to kill/torment you. Deal with it.
>>
Fairy should take neutral damage from Bug and be weak to Psychic. This way Bug and Psychic would be more useful and Fairy less overpowered.
As for the fairy mons, the only one I really dislike is that abomination of Aromatisse, like, a feminine plague doctor would have been the right choice
>inb4 lel muh edgy plague doctor
fuck you and your ignorance and while you're at it fuck your precious transexual fatty bird
Also, some more pokemon should have been retconned, Glalie, Ninetales, Lilligant, Mismagius and M-Banette. I hope to see more fairy pokemon a la Xerneas honestly, but I'm overall ok with the type, some new physical moves would be appreciated though
>>
>>20558473
Mahou shoujo
>>
>>20576112
This. Also, ice should resist ground and dragon, fairy should only resist dragon
>>
>>20558492
freaking Kender. first they invade my dnd, now they invade my pokemon.
>>
File: Fluffy.gif (431KB, 500x271px) Image search: [Google]
Fluffy.gif
431KB, 500x271px
>>20561832
>>
>>20563328
so long as you design them like they're going into an episode of MLP instead of a monster manual for dnd, all of those ideas are perfectly fine.
>>
>>20567336
>implying you don't know what redit is just so you can try and throw us off your very repugnant reddit trail
>>
>>20567925
It's more about intent.

A dark type screws you over cause they like causing people problems. their pain is fun.
A fairy screws people over because the act is fun, and they're not really thinking about how it affects the person.

Sadicious and backstabby v.s. Whimsical and capricious.

Planned murder v.s. my tummy was making the rumblies only hands can satisfy.
>>
>>20569498
why is a fairy bird a dragon again?
>>
File: 1375440462968.jpg (2MB, 3680x1892px) Image search: [Google]
1375440462968.jpg
2MB, 3680x1892px
I'm always so excited to post these
>>
File: 1375440527441.png (1MB, 3325x2203px) Image search: [Google]
1375440527441.png
1MB, 3325x2203px
>>20581464
>>
>>20570218
make normal resist it
done.
>>
>>20581490
>>
>>20570253
because it's based off http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/On_the_Origin_of_Species:_Shuppet_and_Banette
>>
File: 1375440659659.png (28KB, 718x252px) Image search: [Google]
1375440659659.png
28KB, 718x252px
>>20581516
Clever me, forgot the picture.
>>
>>20570597
water nerf when?
>>
File: 1403104385342.jpg (391KB, 1230x876px) Image search: [Google]
1403104385342.jpg
391KB, 1230x876px
>>20581541
>>
File: 1403104661631.jpg (469KB, 1230x993px) Image search: [Google]
1403104661631.jpg
469KB, 1230x993px
>>20581564
>>
>>20581500

Give it another weakness too.
>>
File: 1403104806948.jpg (641KB, 1230x1231px) Image search: [Google]
1403104806948.jpg
641KB, 1230x1231px
>>20581590
>>
They intended to Nerf Dragon, and instead got Fighting and Dark.

Fighting nerf is okay, but dark was far from needing it.
>>
>>20581594
weak to normal. resisted by normal. done.
>>
>>20568430
>I wish it was weak to Normal.
>I wish Mega Kangaskhan was even more broken
>>
>>20575774
Anybody else find it odd that Dragon resists Electric, even though Pikachu wasn't planned to be a Starter?
>>
>>20558473
>moves range from having astral connections (moonlight, moonblast)
<spoiler>Deoxys = Psychic/Fairy</spoiler>
>>
>>20581621

Dark would be pretty OP if it didn't get another weakness and something to resist it. Knock Off is everywhere.
>>
>>20581564
I have respect for the guy in the bottom right.
>>
>>20581590
>mew, celebi, jirachi, manaphy, victiny, mesprit, uxie and azelf guessed as fairies
>>
>>20581763
I feel like the idea there was that dragons, the most rare and "legendary" of Pokemon, would resist all of the basic elements, in this case electricity, fire, water, and grass. Kind of cementing their role as god-like creatures.
>>
File: BadPun.jpg (178KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BadPun.jpg
178KB, 1280x720px
>>20569833
>Probopass resembles Mao Zedong
I thought it was an 80's ROCKer
>>
>>20570085
>Wigglytuff
>shitmon
Competitive + Assault Vest isn't actually too bad.
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 346x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 346x240px
>>20581420
No one really knows. Bulbapedia claims it has to do with a myth that even from the Wikipedia article sounds like a reeeeaaaaallllly tenuous connection. If Fairy existed when Altaria was created, it might have gotten that from the start. I like it better the way it is, but even I can't make much sense of it beyond being a generic, mythical, sky-dwelling dragonbird.
>>
>>20558603
I wouldn't mind if Fairy was weak to Psychic. Makes sense, since a rational mind is resistant to fantastic trickery.
>>
>>20583969
>a rational mind is resistant to fantastic trickery
Did you know that psychic is weak to dark because of the opposite?
>>
Fairy is easily one of, if not the best type in the game as it stands. Clefable went from an extremely meh Pokemon to a top tier threat by virtue of a type change, and Xerneas has dethroned Kyogre.

Only weak to two awful offensive types, and strong against some of the best offensive types means that once get more Fairies with decent stats, they'll be OU for sure.
>>
File: 1404612692035.jpg (51KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1404612692035.jpg
51KB, 512x512px
>>20584445
>TFW OU because of Fairy
>>
>>20584553
Was mostly the Mega. But Steel/Fairy is a ridiculously good type combo.
>>
File: 1404629042078.jpg (100KB, 825x538px) Image search: [Google]
1404629042078.jpg
100KB, 825x538px
>>20584668
That it is. MegaWile is one of my favorite dudes this gen, but it sucks when my opponents see the Mawile in their preview and they immediately know who's in the Mega slot.
>>
>>20563328
I'm still waiting for my Fairy/Dark redcap and Fairy/Grass mushroom ring.
>>
>>20581464
>>20581490
>>20581541
>>20581564
>>20581590
>>20581609
>tfw I was one of those people who thought sylveon was going to be normal-type

But I have seen the light. Fairy's one of my favorite types now.
>>
>>20582018