[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/vpwt/: Best ORAS waifu confirmed edition Previous Thread:

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 308
Thread images: 71

File: 1407784324421.jpg (121KB, 500x754px) Image search: [Google]
1407784324421.jpg
121KB, 500x754px
/vpwt/: Best ORAS waifu confirmed edition

Previous Thread: >>20254489
>post your favorite fanfics
>ask for opinions on fics you’ve written yourself
>share your works in progress and post updates to your stories

Join us in the IRC to hang out, bounce ideas off of us, and post snippets of your work for critique:
>#vpwritethread @ irc.rizon.net

Check out the catalog for something new to read:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gfEz6j8NP0xE_fr-UBw3zaMICkiTmYZM6hWlTmW6DsE

>How should I post my fics?
Please link to a pastebin or fanfic hosting site rather than dumping your fics in text posts in order to keep things tidy in the thread.

>Can I post NSFW fics?
Absolutely!

>Can I post NSFW pics?
Not unless you’re particularly fond of being banned.

>Can I add my story to the catalog?
If you wrote it, feel free to request it be added to the catalog by posting in the thread and filling out the following template:

>Title, by Author
>NSFW, y/n?
>link to fic
>Genre(s):
>Short description of fic in question

We also maintain a pastebin full of ideas and prompts we’ve thought up here in the thread. If you need inspiration, feel free to take a look!
>http://pastebin.com/YBGv8k97

TotT: What are bad cliches that you enjoy anyways?
>>
>>20480682
never clicked on this shit until now, but nice picture

:^)
>>
I haven't gotten around to writing a Pokemon fic yet but I will eventually, what I need help with is, how do I into dialogue? I always just do he said she said shit
>>
File: limpbizkit-24-02-12[1].jpg (53KB, 500x338px) Image search: [Google]
limpbizkit-24-02-12[1].jpg
53KB, 500x338px
>>20480918
It's all about the 'he-says, she-says' bullshit.
>>
>>20480918
Avoid having talking heads. Specify what the speakers are doing while they talk, like
>"What the hell do you want me to do?!" Duff demanded in a voice filled with panic, his hands nearly ripping out chunks of hair.
>>
>>20480918
Believe it or not, "he said, she said" isn't actually a bad thing. Most readers automatically strip out those tags in their minds as they read, so it's actually a lot more distracting if you utilize all sorts of fancy schmancy tags like "he extrapolated" or "she insinuated."

Don't be too afraid to have long lines of "he/she said," it's not a bad thing.
>>
>>20481003
There's definitely a balance. Too much of "he said, she said" can lead to monotonous, boring dialogue.
>>
File: i cant feel to this.jpg (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
i cant feel to this.jpg
37KB, 400x400px
>>20481003
Eh, I disagree. As both a writer and avid reader, I believe you shouldn't shame "said/says", but it's best to vary whenever possible, as it really doe make the entire thing mundane. As the other anon says, spice it up a little. You can still make things interesting without taking out 'says'.
>Her lips curled into a sultry grin, as her fingers gradually inched towards his, eventually lacing around them tightly. A reassuring confidence brimmed about her as she says in a seductively hushed tone, "1v1 me fggot."

You just need to be descriptive and have fun with it. You don't need a paragraph to describe it either, just be sure to explain what the hell is going on.
>He puffs, crossing his arms out of miffed agitation and disbelief. "Fine." He says, his voice strained with indignant disappointment.

So in conclusion, yes it's not a bad thing, but it's better to not ignore the importance of how the line is delivered in most cases.
>>
File: Giovanni206.png (376KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Giovanni206.png
376KB, 1280x720px
>>20465474
Holy fuck, Miyako was a character in another of his fics? I thought that was just the previous incarnation of Psymakio.
>>
Anyone recommend any good Maylene fics? Lewd is optional.
>>
>stories that will never be finished or author who will never finish their story or has gone quiet

Name them here, read fags. We all have some.

For me it's the author Edge Feyera. He wrote some of the best Poke-fiction I've ever read, but he hasn't updated his story in ages. I can't help but wonder what happened to him. Maybe he went on to write some original works. All I know is that he was by far the best Poke-Author I've ever seen in terms of quality of his work.
>>
>>20482573

Legacy, the sequel to Saffron (man fights pokephillia in his city) https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6640086/1/Saffron NSFW due to graphic violence and content

Despite what the author said, he too has gone quiet and hasn't updated since 2012.

It's really sad when authors dissapear without a trace, but what are you gonna do about it?

This thing only had 3 true chapters before he went ghost mode
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6751027/1/Legacy
>>
So

Mega Audino smut when
>>
>>20483475
How is it Mega'd outside of battle?
>>
>zygarde guy still hasn't updated
What the fuck?
>>
File: 1403482633863.png (181KB, 600x423px) Image search: [Google]
1403482633863.png
181KB, 600x423px
>>20483533
suddenly confessing your love to audino causing feelings to be ablaze, forcing megaevolution and vanilla cuteness(if you have the stone of course).

I would've thought that mega lopunny would be fanfiction bait because of popularity as well as it's sudden change to an agressive attitude, completely surprising the trainer
>>
Don't forget that the PWT contest is in progress. We're currently awaiting official announcement to continue it from the irc, so stay tuned.
Current Entrants

SadIdiot: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KX8tdlFw9CFlgh2GPe_UawwpUCdBuD7ayWlc6KDHwEY/edit?usp=sharing

Protonymic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10532972/1/Foppish-Pretense

so_s plz :https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dzw9z6uYrYnLlQMfkKZZCKEeL-eC0bJoPhk49hw3dv4/edit

Homestar https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rP734TGLN_2zIXUpxOBo7PL-WO-vA6akf5gAE6xQl2c/edit?usp=sharing

Reminder that the anon that's doing the Pokemon CoC clone is still looking for bugs in his game (more of a prototype). If you have time, feel free to crash test it. Still around anon?
ptsta.net

Trainers can now level up and gain perks to give them the edge in battle. Someone ought to crash test some of these perks to see what happens.
also giving oral scene has been added for both genders
>>
>>20483533
If a remember correctly, Megas are a thing because of the bond between the trainer and Pokemon being so great the Pokemon unleashes it's full power. There's probably a way to have a mega outside battle, if you take into account the anime, and the fact that the Lucario statue in XY was old, so there wouldn't have been cameras to take a pic and then base the statue of that. Logically, the Lucario would've had to pose at some point for it to look like it does.

>>20483836
That's sounds good too. A Mega Lopunny forcing itself on her trainer in such a way that it's aggressive, but she doesn't want to harm him. Or something.
>>
>>20483785
has he gone quiet like >>20482573 stated?

Also what happened to that anon that plotted out that drasna fic?
>>
>tfw haven't worked on my fapfic in a while
Alright, off of my lazy ass and continue working on it.
After this good night sleep that is!
>>
File: 1388710176177.jpg (7KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1388710176177.jpg
7KB, 251x251px
>Nate will never write for us ever again
>>
>>20485740
Newfag here. He used to write for /ffg/?
>>
>>20485970
supposedly. Then CYOA and ffg kinda separated with their own thing (forgot reason why, maybe it has to do with dumping?). For now it appears to be for the better.
>>
>>20485989
>Then CYOA and ffg kinda separated with their own thing
Negative, they never had anything to do with each other.

He infrequently took requests from us whenever he had free time but no one seems to have archived any of his work for us.
>>
>>20485996
ah, he would have to request his works he did for here to be archived then.
>>
>>20485989
>>20485996
Good. ffg is/was fucking pathetic tryhards.
>>
>>20486140
This *is* ffg, you idiot. Just under a new name.
>>
>>20485740
His writing is really overrated anyway
>>
File: 1404662400254.png (184KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1404662400254.png
184KB, 500x600px
>>20480682
Some time during my transition to high school I got into dark/edgy characters and scenarios (anti-heros, the heroes that act like complete assholes, etc). Dunno why; perhaps it has to do something with trying to find a way to atone for what they did?
>>
>>20486186
I can see that, but I do appreciate the amount of effort he puts into whatever he does though, IIRC he doesn't seem to get a lot of sleep because of it.
>>
>>20486231
The fuck happened to that Gardevoir?
>>
>>20486269
it is the symbolism of me remembering my days of liking said characters which I still slightly do

The gardevoir though...is pretty high on shoal salt
>>
>>20486331
Couldn't a psychic type get itself high more directly, by manipulating its own mind?
>>
<edgy bump>
>>
>>20481146
If you vary like that however, you sound like a 14 year old writing about people who flourish into charactertures whenever they talk.
I'm not just saying that for the sake of arguing, I'm always reading books, and sometimes fanfics, and I've taken a couple of creative writing courses so I'm just putting some experience into this.
It's better to make sure the content of their conversation is what's interesting, use boring he said, they went, it was, he did etc. so the plot and character development can be worked in easier, and quicker. Maybe reserve hyperbole for describing action scenes, emotions or the scenery?
>>
>>20488391
>>20480918
>>20488391
>>20481146

but in the end, it all comes down to one thing pointed out by >>20481096 : finding a balance between using 'said' and using words that fit a situation better.
>>
Sharing an amusing quick greentext from another thread involving mega slowbro

>>20488697
>>
>>20486416
You forgot about the most important rule anon. You can't get high on your own supply. Seriously, imagine if a psychic type screwed up its own mind. That would be quite...irreversable
>>
>>20489063
>That would be quite...irreversable
Why?
>>
>>20483475
>>20483836
>audino gets sweet kiss and draining kiss as egg moves
>its megaevolution description states that anyone that audino touches gets put into a deep slumber
Audino a succubus confirmed
>>
>>20489063
>implying I don't get high on my own blood all the time.
>>
>>20491757
well, I would think that trying to mess with your own mind is the equivalent of mind rape something like the thing Asuka (Evangelion) went through in the TV series.

I don't know any fics that explored in-depth about it, but one of vulpsis's stuff kinda has it.

NSFW
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9002471/6/Castelia-s-Daycare-Services
Be warned that the details can be a bit...graphic.
>>
>>20491765
>it has bright, glaring red eyes

This is an idea I can get behind.
>>
>>20491872
>Evangelion
Hm. I'd assume that in the world of Pokemon any condition inflicted by a psychic pokemon on itself would, much like a psychic attack, be temporary. The only risk, then, would be getting addicted to the effect, not the effect itself being permanent.
>>
File: 1403661038333.jpg (241KB, 500x1739px) Image search: [Google]
1403661038333.jpg
241KB, 500x1739px
>>20491946
all this chat about mind rape is reminding me of pic
>>
File: 1404277900104.gif (486KB, 306x227px) Image search: [Google]
1404277900104.gif
486KB, 306x227px
>>20491883
>>20491765
>it gets dream eater as a TM, possibly meaning it could invade your dreams
>>
>>20486235
To be honest I don't know any writers who DON'T have a fucked sleep schedule.
>>
File: seen some shit.png (847KB, 967x662px) Image search: [Google]
seen some shit.png
847KB, 967x662px
>>20492337
Tch, I can back that up.

>mfw two cycles in a row of sleeping for 3 hours then fifteen hours in the past week
It's not even because I was up writing.
>>
>>20482573

>Decide to revisit Edge's Fanfiction.net profile because of this post
>Sees he only has one story favorited
>It's that domestic one posted in a Gardevoir thread a few weeks ago
>Read it a few weeks ago when it was posted and the quality was incredible
>Author finishes story and says the next arc will start soon
>That was a year ago
>That author has also gone silent

What's with great authors going quiet and abandoning their works? It seems like it's that way with most fandoms. There's always a handful of incredible authors who get deep into their story then disappear without a trace. Do they get bored? It seems it's almost impossible to find a finished story/saga that's well written.
>>
>>20488916
now in pastebin format

http://pastebin.com/zM0mngv8
>>
File: 1404670597845.gif (1MB, 231x161px) Image search: [Google]
1404670597845.gif
1MB, 231x161px
>>20493801
I think some people just move on and forget about their story, or have something more interesting to do. The worst part is that the author doesn't even say that the series is cancelled or ended. That's what Gears my Grin-er, grind my gears
>>
>>20493914
I suppose. It just kills me to see such great works unfinished. It would be like if Tolkien stopped The Lord of the Rings after finishing The Two Towers. If they ever come back, they better have a damn good explanation as to why they disappeared for so long. I'd still accept them with open arms
>>
>>20493801
>Do they get bored?
I know of a couple cases (at least) where it's because they feel a need to express something and once it's out of them, the story is no longer meaningful; just work. So they walk.
>>
>>20493801

Great authors tend to get frustrated pretty easily from what I've seen, and at one point writing fanfiction becomes a torturous chore rather than something you do for fun. So they just ragequit.
>>
File: 98461156.png (23KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
98461156.png
23KB, 500x421px
>>20495645
As >>20493914 pointed out, one of the more frustrating things is how many don't mention they've decided to abandon their stories and instead leave people to wonder.
>>
>>20494122
I just want a good Garde story. ;_; I wish I could know in advance if an author was going to finish their work. I hate getting invested only to have it abruptly stopped.
>>
>>20496222
you could always check out cge's gardevoir story, though it is quite long and is still being updated.
>>
>>20496670
I've read it and it's decent. The writing is good in some aspects, but I'm not a fan of the characters so that's kind of a let down. The plot also seems all over the place with huge time jumps. I think my biggest thing against it is the use of a shiny as a plot device. That just seemed so cheap. I should probably write a review for it sometime. It has good and bad points.

Another one I read was An Uncertain Future. It started out really pretty good, had likable characters and serious potential for a plot. It stayed pretty good until about half way through, then things went downhill and it gained maximum edge. It's listed as complete but it left a lot of loose ends and "WTF?" questions. He was supposed to put out an epilogue to tie up all of the loose ends, but he never did.

Despite having such a huge fandom, it's difficult as fuck to find a good Gardevoir fic that's finished or not abandoned.
>>
>>20493914
I'm absolutely terrified of spiders, but I think that .gif is one of the cutest things I've seen all day.
>>
>>20498561
Spiders are adorable, man. I want to punch people who take pride in killing spiders. I understand being afraid, but I heard someone boast that they killed a mama spider and drowned her babies in bug spray stuff and it made me sick.
That's not cool, man, you just killed like 100 spiders.

Anyway, er, on that note: Perhaps someone could point us to a fun fic involving spider Pokemon (Joltik can come too)?
>>
>>20496890
> I should probably write a review for it sometime.
There are two updates left before the end of Book 1, so a good sometime would be in the near future.
>>
>>20498720
I suddenly want to write a short story about a school of Spinarak going on a fun field trip to the bug spray factory
>>
File: why.png (354KB, 687x372px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
354KB, 687x372px
>>20500062
What did I JUST say?
>>
File: 20140204_133650.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
20140204_133650.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>20500062
if you do, make sure that the survivor of it puts on some shades
>>
>>20500062
T-they wouldn't die, right?
>>
>>20495645
>at one point writing fanfiction becomes a torturous chore rather than something you do for fun.
So true that it's fucking sad. Writing hasn't been fun for a long, long time.

>Great authors
What does one's opinion of the person have to do with it?
>>
>>20498720
I sympathize with your frustration at someone boasting about it but killing spiders with their young is sometimes justified, like in case of an infestation or if that spider is of a species known to pose danger to pets and humans.

That said, you really shouldn't kill Pholcidae (commonly called "daddy long-legs" but that's an ambiguous name; "cellar spider" is a better name for them). They are harmless to humans and despite their small size and fragile look they actually prey on dangerous spider species like the black widow spider. They also vibrate to make themselves less visible to predator and prey, which is kind of crazy and interesting to watch.
>>
>>20493914
>The worst part is that the author doesn't even say that the series is cancelled or ended.

Very true. This is also a major problem with software, websites or really, anything managed by three people or fewer. I wish there was a universal way to deal with it.

If you're a writer you should seriously consider leaving a "last will" for your work. A pretty conservative version of it could read something like

>If I don't update this for a year you can take over. Email me with a link to your writing and I will give you my writing notes/outlines for future chapters. Once you've written a new chapter for the story I'll link to where you're publishing it and it'll be "canon".

Optionally, you could add

>If I don't respond in two weeks, consider you have my permission.

This is also why Creative Commons is a great idea, especially for original works and parodies where it's legally unambiguous.
>>
File: right before the orgy.jpg (922KB, 1573x1295px) Image search: [Google]
right before the orgy.jpg
922KB, 1573x1295px
>>20501387
I'm tempted to add something like that to my pages on the sites where I upload fics and stuff now that seems like a good idea in case I die or kill myself or something.

I already have a (not pokemon) fic that I probably will never get back to work on so maybe someone might be interested in taking that up for me.
>>
>>20496890
>it's difficult as fuck to find a good Gardevoir fic that's finished or not abandoned.
Perhaps people should plan for shorter fic plots.
>>
>>20501490
>I'm tempted to add something like that to my pages
Please do. This can't spread soon enough.
>>
>>20493914
I secretly wonder how many of those authors that leave without a trace have actually died, and not just gotten bored, etc.
>>
>>20504029
Most fanfic writers are young (though probably not not very fit on average). By definition they must have internet access, know English if that's the language they write in and have had the time to write enough to make us care, so we can conclude they probably don't live in an utter shithole or shoot up heroin daily. I'd say, by far the vast majority of them either a) just plain get bored; or b) grow up, get better and change their nickname and/or writing community because because they are embarrassed of their old stuff or have lost interest in whatever their old community was into.

(This is not the worst outcome. That would be to ragequit and delete fucking everything.)
>>
Well, I really do need a change of pace. It gets old writing SCP articles

I'm no stranger to smut, lewd, erotica, or any other perversion you may have. With that all being said, hit me with a request!
>>
>>20504861
tsuntsun Primeape getting it on with her trainer?
>>
>>20501186
If there's actually a reason for it like that it's perfectly justified, although still a bit disheartening. But it's more just people acting on extreme arachnophobia and, I guess, being proud of overcoming their fear?

>They also vibrate to make themselves less visible to predator and prey
That's fuckin' neat, dude. Bugs are so weird.
>>
>>20504861
I'd really love for someone to write a spooky/romantic fic about a relationship between a male human trainer and a female Gardevoir that emphasized how non-human and strange the Gardevoir actually is, physically and psychologically, and, to a lesser extent, how weird the human ways are to her. Basically, treat the Gardevoir a bit like a Shakespearean or a folklore fairy. Can be serious or slightly comedic. Bonus points for a haunted house/foods/ghost town setting, *not* making the Gardy tsundere.
>SCP
Looks like you're my man.
>>
>>20505187
>foods
Err, "woods".
>>
>>20504861
>>20505187
Actually this sounds like a really cool idea, and I'd second that request if you're interested in it.

Otherwise. Dr. SCP, how about some Pokemon horror stories? Something involving ghosts or psychics, perhaps. There's plenty of creepy 'dex entries you could look through (or google a list of if you're feeling lazy) and take inspiration from.
>>
>>20505187
Another relevant pic.
>>
>>20505187
Anon I love your idea!
>>
>>20505187
Bonus points if the dude pursues the Gard with a generic waifu relationship in mind and gets a fair bit more than he bargained for in a lot of departments.
>>
>>20483404
>Saffron
What was the deal with that fic? I remember shit had its morality all over the place although the character and his Mawile being psycho-forced to fuck was kinda hot..
>>
File: 1403404184605.png (142KB, 447x312px) Image search: [Google]
1403404184605.png
142KB, 447x312px
>>20505335
Basically a man is angry that the fact that his peaceful city was turned into a pokephilia hotspot when the law passed and it's gym leader brought popular pokemon (ralts, buneary, etc) around for use of said support for law. Soon everyone got into it.

It doesn't help that the MC's father left her mother for a pokemon.

I thought it was a good read when I first saw it and a sequel was being made, but....

>last update: 2012
It's dead, jim.
>>
>>20505324
Please no. As >>20505255, I'd rather have the story do without that. I fear that acknowledging the "waifu" status of Gardevoir within the story will lead even a restrained writer towards wink-wink-nudge-nudge self-aware bullshit, which gets old real soon. A naive character facing the unknown is a horror staple for a reason; it works very well.

Also, I've just realized that Gardevoir fics are basically the male version of paranormal romance.
>>
>>20505187
Well, Dr. SCP reporting in from an TF2 unusual scam I'll try and have a draft written up by evening.
>>
>>20505460
Yeah, I remember the basic plot. What I was wondering was, did the author actually side with their MC? 'Cause it read awfully like that.
>>
>>20505536
>I'll try and have a draft written up by evening.
Nice.
>>
File: creepy.png (48KB, 550x300px) Image search: [Google]
creepy.png
48KB, 550x300px
>>20505558
while we may never know the author's intent, I think it may have be based on the problem with fics here in early /vpwt/ years: they were mostly smut almost never developed romance/friendship.

Supposedly he was one of the ficfags of the past, so it might be possible. But what do I know?
>>
>>20505663
Huh, so it's basically a /vp/ hatefic? That explains a lot.
>>
I've been thinking about changing my pen name just to avoid any past negative shit, but my problem is I don't know what to do about the people I had that read my old stuff.

It doesn't seem fair to them.
>>
>>20507114
0. Make a new profile.
1. Copy old stuff to the new profile.
2. Delete it from the old profile.
3. Link from the old profile to the new one.
4. In X weeks delete the old profile.

The comments will be gone. Those who missed the transition period will be able to find the copies when they search by title.
>>
>>20507114
You could maintain two identities, each with its pen name (it's something that I do) or just deal with the Old Shame, I guess.
>>
>>20507114
If you were working on a series, for the love of god say that it's cancelled/ended you could announce that someone else will be picking up your series and forward them to a 'different' author, though technically that would be lying and that's always a bad thing.

However, if you truly want to start over then you have to, well, start over. Create another pen name without announcing it to your previous fans and see what happens.

I dunno, it's hard to get your name off the interwebs when you get on.
>>
>>20507273
>you could announce that someone else will be picking up your series and forward them to a 'different' author

Great idea. Create several "different author" accounts for different series for the sake of plausibility.
>>
>>20507114
Rewrite.
>>
File: 1391925646563.jpg (162KB, 1058x705px) Image search: [Google]
1391925646563.jpg
162KB, 1058x705px
>>20492276
>>20491765
>>20491883
>It could put pokemon to sleep via yawn or whatever moves it learn in ORAS
pic related

>>20485540
yeah i'm wondering that too.

>>20483905
news from contest yet?
>>
File: 1407901298238.png (200KB, 555x698px) Image search: [Google]
1407901298238.png
200KB, 555x698px
bump
>>
>>20507465
That might not actually work as well as you think lol.
>it's weird all these writers manage to capture so-and-so's style perfectly
>it's kind of weird how their continuations of his stories are all they've done though
>wait a minute am I being tricked
>>
>>20505187
You kind of described Edge Feyera's "Gift of the Protector" series of stories. The Gardevoir doesn't make an appearance until the second book, but he makes no qualms about describing her as non-human especially from a psychological standpoint. There's a clear line between human and Gardevoir in those books. Sometimes their interactions are cute, sometimes they're dead serious, and other times they're downright creepy in a Stephen King kind of way. The Gardevoir also doesn't come off as Tsundere at all.

It really is a great series of stories. His most recent story hasn't been updated in months so I don't know what the status of it is. Be aware that it isn't your typical Pokemon story. It's set in a pretty dark iteration of the Pokemon universe, but it doesn't come off as edgy which is kind of ironic considering the author's name. His world building is also bar-none the best I've seen in Pokemon fiction.

The only thing though is that it isn't a romance per se. It's been majorly hinted that the relationship between the Gardevoir and main character will eventually get to that point, but that's not the main focus of the story.

Damn... I'm making myself want to re-read his works. Considering he has about half a million words, that could take a while.
>>
oh gais, the foolz archive (not the vpwt archive) is soon to be shut downed (or bought by someone else), so if you liked a particular story from vp's past you might want to go and search for it

I shall be posting a few things that caught my interest while i'm digging it up.

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9885989/1/Meadow-of-the-Heart
Turns NSFW in the 2nd chapter
>>
>>20513919
http://pastebin.com/F5rEzaAu

A thing involving Clair's haughty attitude
>>
>>20514098
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1saTgrG8d0KhCsVwne47w-kYbfGoL9e7wsnrEEzoqqY8/edit

the extremely old, outdated catalogue
maybe some stories can be moved onto the new one

http://pastebin.com/fNLHTZVG some M Gardevoir/M Lucario thing by vulpsis that's NSFW

http://pastebin.com/UbzxVQRm
I think this is MassageAnon's thing involving calem X FGreninja. NSFW

http://pastebin.com/WSAmFkyx
A man learns that his Power items (Macho Brace, Power lens, etc) have....other uses. This is unfinished, sadly. Contains mature theme

http://pastebin.com/XB57QVDL
MTrainerxFVolcarona. This story was removed from FFN by you-know-who.NSFW

And a few fics that failed to make it into the old archive

Title: Blood In, Blood Out
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10416023/1/Blood-In-Blood-Out
SFW: yes
Genre: Crime/Drama
Description: AU-sortof Rocket/Hunter J origin fic.

Title: PKMN2K10
Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6328755/1/PKMN2K10
Genre: Adventure/Drama
SFW: yes
Description: I'm not even really sure. I guess you'd say it was an Ash adventure fic, but it's really so many other things cobbled together now...
>>
>>20514470
My policy regarding the catalog thus far is that, in order to keep it to writers who at least occasionally drop by, the author must submit their work themselves in order for it to be in the catalog.

I've been pondering a way to fulfill requests like these where it's simply a recommendation from the poster's part, but I'm not sure how to pull it off. Making it a "Thread Recommends" sort of thing would be the logical way to go about it, except that one person submitting doesn't really speak for the entire thread...
>>
>>20514470
http://pastebin.com/fPR0ZHNd
A thing involving MGreninja and MChestnaught NSFW

Mhuman x Vespiquen (with dem legs) NSFW
http://pastebin.com/BR250QBc

Something involving Medicham NSFW
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1AU8gzZQEEuwAlZsM5dpBqh76DcxAYZM_6N2YJw0ociY/edit

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10309375/1/Change-of-Heart
That old feminism fic

http://pastebin.com/t2srEpH8
a fic involving the Orre region.

http://pastebin.com/CkfqiHWm
Aegislash fic is slashing about

http://pastebin.com/yLaf41DX
Your father's a pokemon, jim, SFW

http://pastebin.com/AmEn2BVA
Dis thing involving a Hex Maniac

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8068559/1/Olivine-Romance
A large fic involving gym leader love. This version is SFW
>>
>>20514773
>Olivine Romance
>Change of Heart

This is inspiring more talks about quality control if we were to do something like a 'Thread Recommends' as I mentioned before. But, the same problems apply - we'd need to be reading through each and every fic that gets suggested, and that's just rather unreasonable.
>>
>>20514583
You could make a separate pastebin or Google docs, or you could make a separate section in the catalog specifically stating that they are just recommendations.
>>
>>20514819
I don't see that working. Either we check each and every fic, or we delegate to the word of the member who recommends - which would be less "/vp/ recommends" and more "hey, Anonymous #184755966872624 found this interesting. Click 'like' / '+1' / 'retweet' if you like!".

>captcha: abide arghstir
>>
>>20514773
>>20514819
>>20514773
>>20514819
stuff isn't meant to be archived, just digging through the foolz stuff before it's done for

http://pastebin.com/jU9SgwcN
Mtrainer x Fsneasel NSFW stuff

http://pastebin.com/Ky7YGEfQ
Something involving an OC region called Opal region involving Steel > Ice > Ground starters. Unfortunately it's cancelled, but it looked interesting at least

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4390479/1/No_Antidote
An adventure fic that goes horribly wrong

http://pastebin.com/R8TZSSMM
Involves herm mawile, especially NSFW

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/6973065/1/Meloetta-s-Icing-Fetish
Joke fic starting up a whole fetish storm of Meloetta. NSFW

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10050746/1/Bonding-Time
If I remember, this involves malamar and greninja with bondage. NSFW

http://pastebin.com/p8Smc90L
Gee anon, baby sitting sure is hard. SFW

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/9330168/1/Pok%C3%A9linality-The-Greatest-Pokemon-Story-Sometimes-Told
what is a joke fic?! A fic without any menial sense! SFW but...extremly casual, so take caution

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7761922/1/Look-at-me-Master
Female scrafty with male trainer on the side, NSFW

http://pastebin.com/TmTGjE1Y
An audino abuse fic NSFW

too tired to continue, so I'll be gone for the night.

Should I go back further or am I just taking up space?
>>
>>20515379
Keep going, may as well at least pastebin this list and stick it in the catalog for reference's sake. That I have no qualms doing, and then we can decide whether we want to give it a fancier doc or not.
>>
>>20514819
>>20515125
We could do it how I think tvtropes does it where someone recommends a fic, and if at least one, or maybe two if we want to be extra exclusive other people vouches for them it's in. If it doesn't get anyone else's approval it (by the end of the thread maybe?) then it doesn't get added.

There is the issue that people might second themselves, but I don't think it would be too much of an issue. It wouldn't be people trying to get their own fics in, just fics they like by people who don't come to the thread, so I don't think they would be THAT attached to the fics they like.
>>
Bedtime bump. Sweet dreams, writefriends.
>>
>>20515379
>>20515428
alrighty then. Note that these aren't all of the fics, just the ones that catch my interest the most

http://pastebin.com/P2mRYfrM
This thing involves a Machamp and a Karate NPC. NSFW

http://pastebin.com/ggvvYvF1
I think this is one of G's works named Honey and Clover I think. Safe

http://pastebin.com/Qn22nK8w
A snippet involving the chandelire sisters (2 of em). Nita was going to be punished, but it looked like it stopped there. NSFW

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10106266/1/Fallen
A slightly dark/edgy thing involving a Zoroark. SFW

http://pastebin.com/dGxYFRuG
A cute short story involving 2 female gym leaders. Totally SFW btw

http://pastebin.com/2rCzRhN1
Dis ting involving Trace Gardevoir. Hasn't reached NSFW territory yet, but keep an eye out

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10092192/1/The-chosen-of-the-tormented-god
A fic. not much to say here since i'm going in pretty deep. Involves Lucario though.

Well, I've hit rock bottom of the chained threads form here (the last general before it was broken had dressed Zubats with TheOnlyMoth named. Blame him for breaking it.

My job here is done. Good luck anons
>>
File: cOlvyHl.png (421KB, 2490x1406px) Image search: [Google]
cOlvyHl.png
421KB, 2490x1406px
Anyone know any decent crossover fics, preferrable one from video games?
>>
>foolz archive (not the vpwt archive) is soon to be shut downed (or bought by someone else)
Got a source on that? The Foolz blog says nothing.

Also, any /g/ent here up to setting up a mirror specifically for /vp/ if it really is shutting down?
>>
>>20519104
https://blog.foolz.us/2014/08/14/foolz-archives-farewell/
>>
>>20519239
Thanks. I missed it somehow.
>>
>>20519104
I'm in conversation with someone interested in setting up a "private" mirror specifically for stuff like cutethreads and drawthreads, I guess writethreads can make into it too.
>>
"This thread moves fast," thought Slowpoke.
>>
File: 1403960169886.gif (332KB, 500x451px) Image search: [Google]
1403960169886.gif
332KB, 500x451px
>>20522780
do you REALLY want the threads to be super sanic speed, anon?
>>
>>20525032
Nah, I just wanted to bump with /vpwt/ related text.
>>
File: 1403402813237.jpg (272KB, 713x923px) Image search: [Google]
1403402813237.jpg
272KB, 713x923px
murderous bump is murderous
>>20511398
yeah doing something like that can bring problems like what you said, but what else could one do? After all, what happens on the internet stays on the internet
>>
>>20493914
>>20498561
>>20498720
and now time to ruin spiders for you anons

also bump
>>
Short story idea: someone decides to commit suicide using a bathtub full of water and an electric type. Hilarity ensues.
>>
File: EP686.png (551KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EP686.png
551KB, 1280x720px
As a lot of my writing generally takes place in first/second person, I've decided that the frillish thingy will be my first third person story, to see if anything good will come out of it.

So i'd like to ask you anons something: What do you think are the advantages/disadvanges of writing in first/third person story respectively? Additionally what should I keep in mind when writing a completely new perspective (gotta word this better)?

You can never gather too much information
>>
File: charmander looks disappointed.jpg (18KB, 170x254px) Image search: [Google]
charmander looks disappointed.jpg
18KB, 170x254px
>>20532351
Suicide is no laughing matter, anon.
>>
>>20532391
>>20532351
caution anon. black comedy is best comedy.
>>
File: tefwgjl[1].png (468KB, 634x638px) Image search: [Google]
tefwgjl[1].png
468KB, 634x638px
>>20532416
Racism isn't funny either, anon. Tumblr would crucify you, man, get it together.
>>
File: 1363711882650.jpg (20KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1363711882650.jpg
20KB, 240x240px
>>20532446
what's racist about black comedy?

>tumblr
That...explains a lot
>>
>>20532387
Also I failed to get input last thread on a previous question before it died, so I'll just copy-pasta it.

Is there a general consensus on fics with visual aids/pictures in the story? From small, symbolesque pics to those huge pictures that take up 2 whole pages, it seems that sometimes it speaks louder/better than the words itself. I encountered a few books that use them on occasion, but I can't really give an opinion on it.
>>
>>20532446
>giving a fuck about tumblr
>>
File: feels.png (5KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
feels.png
5KB, 645x773px
>>20532351
>depressed human gets into bathtub
>beckons baby electric pokemon into bathtub
>pokemon has little control of electric powers
>human tells pokemon that (s)he'll be okay
>pokemon gets in and kills human
>pokemon has no idea what happened
>>
File: why would you.png (114KB, 263x284px) Image search: [Google]
why would you.png
114KB, 263x284px
>>20533764
>>
File: thanks satan.gif (878KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
thanks satan.gif
878KB, 500x211px
>>20533764
>no mention of leaving a note
>the situation is inevitably misunderstood by everyone
>>
>>20532446
>Tumblr would crucify you, man
>Tumblr would crucify [...] man
No need to state the obvious.
>>
>>20533764
>Baby Pokemon is considered a dangerous animal
>Is euthanized to prevent any further possible incidents
>Meets its end in a carbon-monoxide chamber crying and hoping its master will rescue it
>>
>>20533651
>>Is there a general consensus on fics with visual aids/pictures in the story?
Finding a picture I may have seen before in a story would be weird and distracting. OTOH, if you draw some original artwork yourself (or have an artist buddy draw it for you) and illustration quality is roughly up to par with your writing, go for it. See John Tenniel's work for Alice in Wonderland for how it can be done well.
>>
>>20534153
>outraged, pokemon rights activists conduct an investigation
>they find evidence it was a suicide
>there's a media campaign
>the pokemon is posthumously pardoned
>once the method becomes widely known copycat suicides follow
>>
>>20534204
>Pokemon rights activists like N try to deal with the problem by preaching that the countless Elekids and Pichus need to be released rather than further fucked over by humans
>The traumatized babies don't last ten minutes in the wild
>>
>>20534215
>parents become afraid of the threat of pokemon-assisted suicide
>they through out their kids' loyal, loving electric pokemon
>the kids are traumatized by their best friends having been taken away from them
>more kids than ever run away from home
>they wander the routes never to find their pokemon
>>
>>20534266
>a couple runaways die from exhaustion
>some come home, but not all
>those with the least to go back to simply stay
>they form gangs
>they start robbing passerbys of food, money and pokeballs
>they live in tents in the woods never spending two nights in the same spot
>the police investigates and captures some but the location works against them
>electric pokemon, stolen or caught, are used for gang warfare
>in several years a ruthless leader emerges
>he unifies the gangs he can and destroys those he can't
>the media think they are a new villainous team
>he thinks about it and embraces the idea
>>
>>20534400
>everyone starts having furious gay sex
>everyone gets AIDS
>everyone dies
>good end
>>
>>20534400
This thread is friggin beautiful... I want to read a fic like this now.
>>
>>20532387
>the advantages/disadvanges of writing in first/third person
First person makes writing a consistent and focused narrative easier because you're glued to your protagonist's third eye. Third allows more freedom and thus requires more responsibility.
>Is there a general consensus
No, there never is for anything. A consensus is either a poll or a dictation disguised.
>visual aids/pictures in the story?
As a writer, you know it if you need it.
>>
File: MadJoltik.jpg (28KB, 395x134px) Image search: [Google]
MadJoltik.jpg
28KB, 395x134px
>>20534400
Team Pichu?
>>
>>20533764
>>20534153
>>20534204
>>20534266
>>20534400
>>20534606
This could be something on par with the anon that wanted to do Cold Case, though this would be hard for it not to be public.
>>
File: cryingN.jpg (145KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
cryingN.jpg
145KB, 1000x800px
>>20533764
>>20532351
>>20534153
>>20534204
>>20534266
>>20534400

Damn it guys, come on...
>>
>>20539060
Speaking of, what do you think of N, /vpwt/? Is he a good character?
>inb4 accusations of pokephilia
>>
>>20540049
He fucks Pokemon. He doesn't use them for sex, though, both parties are totally into it.
>>
File: 1380751933005.jpg (136KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1380751933005.jpg
136KB, 1024x768px
>>20532446
>>
>>20540080
Feel free to present your evidence.
>>
File: N_Sawsbuck.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
N_Sawsbuck.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>20540313
>>
>>20541150
If that's your evidence then Ash and other trainers are guilty of the same because they have been affectionate with their Pokemon.
>>
>>20541331
It's normal in their world.
>>
File: 1400467471349.png (200KB, 450x425px) Image search: [Google]
1400467471349.png
200KB, 450x425px
>>20541150
>them souless eyes
He's seen some shit anon.
>>
N is kind of cute.
>>
File: 1407881688760.jpg (230KB, 816x276px) Image search: [Google]
1407881688760.jpg
230KB, 816x276px
bump
>>
>>20541150
>>20541331
>Not NxFSawsbuck Smutfic
>Not AshxSnivy smutfic

Why /vpwt/?
>>
>>20514819
>>20514773
Olivine Romance author here,
I don't mind being put up in the catalog.
Question for >>20514819, is there any interest in a SFW version? I switched to AO3 because it seemed like a fic about sexual maturation with zero lemon content would be pretty lame.
>>
>>20547321
>AshxSnivy smutfic
Only now did I realize how much I wanted this.
>>
>>20532387
I've stuck to 1st person as well, mainly because I think it gives unfettered access to the narrator's thoughts, and since I'm a chatty narrator, it fits my style.
Third person is great for plots that follow a large cast around. I think it might be important to decide whether a third person narrator has a personality or not, and whether you can pull it off- because without either personality or really strong prose, third-person can start sounding dry and boring.
>>
>>20547975
>Snivy is said to have abandoned loser trainers before
There has to be a reason she sticks around.
>>
>>20548041
She lives at Oak's place, now, which isn't too shabby. And she has her way with Samuel whenever she likes.
>>
File: 1407541349233.png (323KB, 384x574px) Image search: [Google]
1407541349233.png
323KB, 384x574px
>>20547984
>>20536431

Huh. I would never think that writing in first person would feel restricting, but I guess I could see the potential freedom experimenting with it since you no longer have to focus on the MC 100% of the time. Though I am curious as to how one could give personality to a third person narrator without having him to be part of the character roster.

I always wondered if it was possible to make a first person movie

>>20534183
I'm more of a photoshop user, but I could see where you're going with this. Though I'm pretty sure that not many websites that allow publication of fanfics would support pictures in the middle of the text.
Anons who hung around the irc know where I'm going with this
>>
Huh. It's been a while /vpwt/, anyone remember me or no?
I haven't been around lately due to gaming other than pokemon so I haven't been writing much ether.... Not much inspiration to do so ether so... Yeah, nice to say hello every once i na while.
>>
>>20550944
>>20547984
>>20536431

Huh. I would never think that writing in first person would feel restricting, but I guess I could see the potential freedom experimenting with it since you no longer have to focus on the MC 100% of the time. Though I am curious as to how one could give personality to a third person narrator without having him to be part of the character roster.

I always wondered if it was possible to make a first person movie

>>20534183
I'm more of a photoshop user, but I could see where you're going with this. Though I'm pretty sure that not many websites that allow publication of fanfics would support pictures in the middle of the text.
Anons who hung around the irc know where I'm going with this

dammit 3rd time's the charm
>>
>>20550724
>>20550904
>>20550960
>>This space reserved]
Because the narrator is meant to be transparent, avoid overt acts to make a character that isn't a character. But, do consider linguistic style (formal or informal?), asides that explain superfluous detail (sinfully done too often in newbie fan fics), and forth-wall breaks (sinfully done too often in my fan fics.) (Wait... aw hell.) While the narration itself is how you tell the story, the above details determine how the audience receives the story.
>>
>>20550960
>>20550960
Archive of Our Own allows you to put pictures of whatever wherever in your text. Just have to upload it to another site (e.g. DA) and then insert the link.
>>
>>20550960
Any BBCod-based forum, such as Pokécommunity's, usually allows direct insertion of images, so you just imgur your stuff and you're set to go. Otherwise, they allow attachments, but those require logging on to see.

ffnet to my knowledge does not allow for the insertion of any kind of images or links, except for a cover art thumb for your work.

There's DA, which I think allows stuff like imgur links but not the images proper.

One thing I do but I haven't had the chance to take enough advantage from is to publish a PDF or EPUB version of my fics alongside the web version, which allows for doing a lot of nice stuff.

>captcha: his pomptis
>wat
>>
>>20548156
>SnivyxProfOak
This sounds too lewd; also, Samuel can't cheat Muk
>>
>>20480999
That's actually usually advised against in professional writing. Particularly the "voice filled with panic" part, since it unnecessarily clutters the sentence. You should make better word-choices so you don't have to explain to everyone that he's panicking.
>>
>>20552963
Duff howled

Duff shouted

Duff cried

All of these work better than "demanded in a voice filled with panic!"
>>
File: 1404961206990.jpg (638KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1404961206990.jpg
638KB, 1600x1200px
Anyone got any good crime/fics revolving around death cases? Seeing pic related got me into the mood
>>
>>20547975
>>20548041
http://pastebin.com/2rX1wTGz

This was my first time writing lewd so it is probably pretty shitty.
>>
>>20498720
I burned an entire nest of the little fucks with a lighter. A thousand little pops, it was glorious.
>>
File: 1013535 - Dawn Porkyman.png (88KB, 661x496px) Image search: [Google]
1013535 - Dawn Porkyman.png
88KB, 661x496px
If any of you fuckers want to laugh at how terrible I am I dropped a PDF off here.

>>>/tg/34201142
>>
>>20553684
>She stopped as she reached Ash's pokeflute
>pokeflute
You're pretty funny, anon.
>>
>>20554512
>[Deleted]
Wait, what? Editing lewds out of pics aint good enough anymore? When did that happen?

Original message
>If any of you fuckers want to laugh at how terrible I am I dropped a PDF off here.

>>>/tg/34201142
>>
>>20554749
we got mods anon, remember?
also
>rape
>happy end

my head cannot stop meeting the desk now.

also based on your commentary,you supposedly stopped writing diary style and focused more on Barry's POV. Perhaps for a better transition, you could just have his writing interrupted by Dawn when she calls out to him?
>>
>>20552963
I've always resented this advice. It's pressure to have characters talk in ways that don't suit them, usually by giving them the vocabulary/articulation of a literature professor. Tone means a hell of a lot in the English language and there's not a good way to express it in text without descriptors.
>>
>>20517814
oh guys a new owner for the archive has been found, though I'm not 100% sure if /vp/ archive will still be spared
>>
File: 1408024942365.jpg (119KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1408024942365.jpg
119KB, 1280x720px
Pikachu and Fennekin walk in on Serena and Ash
>>
>>20553684
Hmm...now I'm starting to get the idea why Massage anon dislikes the idea of pokemon saying their own names.
Still a decent read though.
>>
>>20556275
It's another form of "show, don't tell."

There's a very distinct difference between writing: "Gah!" Duff said in a very loud tone of voice.

and

"Gah!" Duff shouted.
>>
>“Done already Bruce?” Rick asked, more casually than one would expect from someone who was currently raping a girl.
>“O’ course not,” he answered. “Just need a minute to catch my breath is all. So, how’s her mouth?”
>“Pretty good.”
>“And you wanted to just let her go!” Bruce laughed.
>“Yeah yeah…”
>“Why don’t we see what she has to say?” Bruce asked with a sleazy grin on his face.
>Rick laughed. “You’re fucked up, man.”
>Nevertheless, he pulled out of Lisia’s throat and let her go. As soon as she realized she was free Lisia pulled her head back, then wiped drool that had begun to dribble out of her mouth as Rick was raping her mouth.
>“You enjoying yourself?” Bruce asked.
>Both men laughed.

does anyone else ever find themselves with a nagging suspicion that they're actually an awful, awful person or is that only happening to me
>>
>>20557745
That's your remaining vestiges of morality talking to you.

It's up to you whether or not you want to listen to it.
>>
>>20554609
Thanks... I think.

>>20556355
I was the one who asked that question, and completely agreed with him in his reasoning.
It just seemed weird to variate from anime style for something directly based on it.
But yeah, for anything with OCs/game based, I'll definitely try to avoid name talking.

Anyway, if whoever is managing the archive thinks it is worth adding to said archive, feel free, if not, it was just really practice and getting the pairing out of my system anyway.
>>
Are there any fics about NEETs in the world of Pokemon posting on Pokechan?
>>
>>20559549
>There are people on /pt/ RIGHT NOW who still use Bill's pc
with /pt/ being the pokemon training board
>>
>>20559758
>/pt/
A good start. What would the other boards be?
>>
File: 1407874517540.jpg (75KB, 284x354px) Image search: [Google]
1407874517540.jpg
75KB, 284x354px
>>20493866
>>
>>20560376
All would be sfw.
>>
File: 1408153243060.jpg (12KB, 332x312px) Image search: [Google]
1408153243060.jpg
12KB, 332x312px
>mfw I end up extending a plan far more than I first wanted
>>
>>20493801
>TFW when Neo High School Daze and Switched Identities will never finish unless someone here does that job
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4234644/1/Switched-Identities
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7022588/1/High-School-Daze
>>
>>20560376
>>20560376
there would likely be boards for pokemon type fanboyism
boards for pokemon tv stars
boards for breeders
boards for trades
boards for pokefans/clubs
boards for competitive battling
boards for pokemon care
boards for collection
>>
>>20567755
Thank fucking god. Those fics look Chernobyl-level carcinogenic.
>>
File: Do not.jpg (78KB, 457x501px) Image search: [Google]
Do not.jpg
78KB, 457x501px
>>20567755
>A Little Incest Goes A Long Way

Holy fuck what is this shit
>>
>>20567766
>boards for breeders
>All that shit posting about in-breeding vs no in-breeding
>>
>>20567989
A fic that was sort of a discussion about sexual discovery in the adolescent years but it got WAY WAY worse somewhere. Read the original; there's time travel and an apocalyptic scenario neasr the end. Good for a few thousand keks. I could tell what the artist was trying to do, and it made me so sad that he couldn't do it.
>>
>>20567011
>mfw end up writing more backstory than actual story for my story
I just wanted to be good at world building, that's all. ;_;
>>
>>20567766
What about all the conspiracies and creepy/unexplained things that exist in the Pokémon universe? There could be an /x/ board...
>>
>>20567989
But they are all dudes, so it's OK!
>>
>>20568440
>more backstory than story
Anon are you me? Because if not, please give me hope.
>>
>>20568624
No, I'm just a fellow writer. I'm still shit, though.
>>
>>20568522
>sightings of a reanimated Kabutops fossil off the coast of Lavender
>conspiracy theories about Mewtwo's creation and escape from Cinnabar Labs, and the government cover-up that followed
>maybe cover the content of other glitches if you want to be more meta about it

I want this.
>>
>>20567989
Even more gay shit! http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7373914/1/Why_Gym_is_My_Favorite_Class
>>
File: tumblr_n63w7nEhGw1s5h198o1_500.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n63w7nEhGw1s5h198o1_500.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>20568440
Protip: Introduce backstory and world building elements -as you write- your story. If you spend too much time writing about the setting before you get your story off the ground, you'll never find time to start it.

Let the story start rolling by itself before you go off and attach a million training wheels on it.
>>
>>20568830
Whenever I try to insert a bit of history into a conversation orin any often way, it always comes out feeling forced, and I don't know why.
>>
File: muda intensifies.gif (426KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
muda intensifies.gif
426KB, 500x500px
>>20568702
very much so. Let it happen
>>
>>20568624
If that's your thing your fanfic should be a wiki, not a linear story. that would make it easier to both read and write.
>>
>>20556032
Eh... porn logic.

And cropped porn was always fine, and it is on all other blue boards, still.
>>
>>20572523
That's a shit excuse that's like saying that so many fanfics have mary sues that it's okay for you to have one.

It was never and isn't allowed on any blue board, it's just that not every post that breaks the rules gets caught, if a pic is still obviously porn it' going to get taken down
>>
>>20572523
Your crop was perfunctory and didn't hide the porniness of the porn. Face crops are okay.

As for "porn logic", I'd say that if you can't find a minimally plausible way to get to your planned ending either change the plan or just don't have an ending. It will piss off your readers less either way.
>>
File: SS4.png (35KB, 770x718px) Image search: [Google]
SS4.png
35KB, 770x718px
>>20483905
I only have time to work on it now and then, but an update is in the works.
>>
File: 39276866.jpg (309KB, 805x871px) Image search: [Google]
39276866.jpg
309KB, 805x871px
>>
>>20573784
say, what does leveling up your pokemon do? It doesn't appear to increase their HP/attack power...

>>20575930
arromatisse lacks fics of its own for now.
gonna need to do something involving yanderes and its order some day
>>
>>20575983
Currently, one of four stats will be increased at random, either attack, hp, speed or defense.

There's a trainer skill that lets you chose which is increased upon leveling, but I haven't added it to the public version.
>>
>>20505536
Any progress, anon?
>>
>>20572903
Give it an actual read, it's not as farfetch'd as implied by >>20556032
I've seen crazier situations IRL and it's not like I saw anything all that crazy either.

The whole theme of the story is how Dawn is smarter and knows more than she lets on which allows her to have that faith in Barry. She obviously resists the way he goes about the whole act but her faith in him is confirmed by his realisation half-way through, which puts her more at ease as well, so she allows him to finish.

The "porn logic" just makes the whole thing slightly smoother and takes out any potential emotional fallout in the aftermath, allowing for a more pleasant reading experience. At least, that was my intention. It was a bit of a challenge to balance this, obviously, as I've never written anything like this before and don't usually write at all.
>>
>>20571431
A wiki? Hmmm.... not a bad idea considering I already have a database. Will give it some thought.
>>
>>20578467
Do consider it. There is hardly enough hypertext fiction out there and it's a great format for worldbuilding. Plus, you could embed fragments of more traditional narrative in the wiki pages where you need by framing then as "legends", "TV interviews", "police reports", etc.
>>
>>20576122
Make sure to put up an item that allows stat relocation
>>
>>20573784
What are you making this with?
>>
>>20580596
remember that this is the CoC clone that the guy is making. This looks like the first event-based encounter though.
>>
>>20580965
I'm wondering if he's using CoC's engine or something else.
>>
>>20581206
oh its definetly a different engine. Forgot what it was though.
>>
File: 1391112684130 - Copy.gif (2MB, 400x212px) Image search: [Google]
1391112684130 - Copy.gif
2MB, 400x212px
>>20500661
>shades
>>
File: 1390846364886 - Copy.gif (1022KB, 460x246px) Image search: [Google]
1390846364886 - Copy.gif
1022KB, 460x246px
A few days back some anon in the IRC couldn't believe there was a smut story involving Claydol, so I digged around and fished it up for him.

Feel free to be traumatized by it

http://pastebin.com/zr6ch4pw
>>
File: tumblr_lwlgoyEPsF1r1eso1o1_1280.png (168KB, 946x759px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lwlgoyEPsF1r1eso1o1_1280.png
168KB, 946x759px
I did a penultimate update.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/8074636/1/Love-Lost
>>
>>20585399
Penultimate? Love Lost is almost over?

I don't mean to sound rude, but I love every one of your fics except for that one. I'm excited to see you move on to another, hopefully shorter project.
>>
>>20586923
Penultimate because the next update is the final chapter of the first book. The fate of the rest of the material is up in the air. I do intend to write at least a second arc, but I haven't decided when I would start it, if it would be a regular-updater, or even carry forward the LL title remains in the air.

So, Anon, have you already shared with me why LL lets you down, or are you teasing me with a chance to quit having a stinker in my stable? Because I think I have a good idea for Book 2, so if there are considerations I should consider before it begins, speak now or forever hold your peace.

I have another project in progress; the one I hinted at here a month ago has begun with the first chapter done and and about 8k written so far. I'm loosely guessing 30k but I really don't have a feel for how it's going to get where it's going, so that's a very rough estimate of four chapters of typical length.

Rude? I'm lucky to hear anything positive at all, ever. Six out of seven isn't a heartbreak—even if the lame one is a big chunk of the aggregate word count.
>>
>>20587341
I think I have a while ago. Basically, I did give it a shot, but petered out eight or so chapters into it. I gave it a good shot, but it just didn't hold my interest. Maybe it gets better later on, but unfortunately I just couldn't muster up the patience to trudge through it all. It's not even anything to do with your writing style itself, mostly; it's just the way you set LL up in particular and how the characters and everything played out. It's just a bad coincidence, in my eyes, that it happened to be the one out of all of your fics that I didn't end up liking.
>>
>>20587462
>trudge
Establishment overdose? Too many plot threads? Not enough fight scenes?
>>
>>20587752
>Not enough fight scenes

That's a bad thing?
>>
>>20587752
I would say mostly Column A, but a bit of Column B.

I wouldn't even say it's particularly your fault. Amongst my friends I have a notoriously short attention span to let a story get going. It's mostly a fault on my end, I think.
>>
>>20587853
Fighting is what Pokémon is supposed to be about, right?
>cge
>doing it wrong
>no surprise there

>>20588006
I don't think that "fault" is an appropriate word. But it does make me feel less funny about how the rest of my catalogue is made of such short little drabbles.
>>
>>20588206
Just because you're writing a Pokemon story does not mean you need to include combat in it.
>>
>>20588302
that's right, you can just make the characters fuck their pokemon instead!
>>
>>20588375
You can make that argument for any sort of fan work, really.

>Make the Joker and Batman fight? Nah! Let's have them lick each other's ears instead!

>Have Leonardo DiCaprio run through dreamscapes and steal information? Boring! Let's have him go off giving sexual dreams to sleeping victims instead!

Please don't actually do any of those.
>>
>>20588413
too late I'm doing all of them
>>
Leonardo DiCaprio as the Joker getting all ear licky with Ben Affleck Batman?

Is that what you want?
>>
>>20588865
It's what the people want, CGE. You musn't disappoint. Get to it.
>>
File: serena blush.png (863KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
serena blush.png
863KB, 1280x720px
http://pastebin.com/STwuYgQ9

'Financial domination' is a thing, and it's hot. Look it up.
>>
>>20589385
>and it's hot.
I'm probably not qualified to judge anyone, but you have some weird-ass fetishes, G.
>>
File: 1407523669755.png (1MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
1407523669755.png
1MB, 1366x768px
>>20589505
I do.

>>20589385
http://pastebin.com/0H4dz77p
>>
>>20589385
>'Financial domination' is a thing, and it's hot.
I've spent years on /d/ without ever seeing anyone mention this fetish nonironically. I know it's hard to analys this but can you explain what you think the appeal is?
>>
>>20590241
It's hard to really explain. I just think controlling someone through their wallet is kinda nice.
>>
>>20590259
All right. I won't ask further so as to not derail the thread but if you ever wrote an essay or something on it I'd read it.
>>
>>20588375
>there are only action scenes and sex scenes!

Do you get paid for trying to uphold the "/vp/ is for little kids and sexual deviants only" stereotype?
>>
>>20590722
>"/vp/ is for little kids and sexual deviants only
We can quantify the % of sex and action scenes out of all scenes in all fics ITT to answer whether that's true.
>>
>>20590759
That number won't support whatever ":^)"-type argument you were going for, especially if past iterations of this thread are taken into consideration. NSFW stories outnumber SFW ones, but SFW stories tend to be much longer (and not exactly overloaded with fight scenes because the people who'd write long non-porn fics would generally have the sense to avoid DBZ syndrome).

Anyway, someone would have to be really stupid or juvenile to believe that a Pokémon story can only be about fighting or sex.
>>
>>20590858
>tend to be much longer
Which is why I said you should count distinct scenes, not fics. I honestly wasn't making a ":^)-type" argument (though that's a nice term I'll make sure to remember) since I am genuinely curious what the percentages would be. If I were a betting man I would bet at least 30% of the scenes in Pastebin fics would be porn and at least 10% fighting. FF.net fics would have much, much lower percentage of both due to plot-heavy works like Love Lost.
>>
>>20588006
I think this is a common flaw for the audience here in 4Chan in general. It is quite difficult to keep attention/interest in long running fics, especially when some boards move lightning fast. It doesn't help that,some anons filter us by default.
While I'm on the subject, can someone show us anons how they 'hook' the audience into their story?.
>>
>>20590722
To be honest I'm pretty sure that post is supposed to be ironic.
>>
>>20591622
Hooks well, hook in the audience. Whenever I do essays, I generally start with a thought provoking question that is short but impactful. This would make my reader wonder why I asked such a question who would then read to find it out
>>
>>20591622
Starting in media res, usually with a bit of dialogue, that's both unusual and confusing. Readers keep going to figure out what's going on.
>>
>>20591622
Begin with the words, "Once upon a time, there was…"
>>
>>20593208
It was a dark and stormy night...
>>
>>20593267
I saved that for Chapter 21.
>>
File: 1398891514116.jpg (54KB, 415x548px) Image search: [Google]
1398891514116.jpg
54KB, 415x548px
>>20589385
>A spoilered pastebin
>This gotta be good
>Hey
>Wait
>Where are the lewds?
>What the fuck did I just read?
>MFW

Also I didn't expect Serena to be the one doing the dominatin', but then Trevor really was a little bitch.
>>
You know what this thread could use? More hatefics.
>>
>>20594491
see >>20483404 Saffron
or >>20515379 audino story
>>
>>20514470
Power Item author here. Boyfriend doesn't like me writing smut for other people, unfortunately, so I had to quit. I may try to write a PG13 version, or something, since I had an actual plot to the story. I dunno, we'll see. Still brainstorming.
>>
>>20595566
I'm not about to give you life advice as an anon on 4chan, but in my eyes your boyfriend sounds like a power-freak bitch if he won't let you do what you want.
>>
>>20595578
It's not like, "You're mine! Only mine!" It's more like he feels that, at the end of the day, I'm getting somebody else off, and that's uncomfortable for him, and I get that, and it's not an unreasonable request.
>>
>>20595491
>>20515379
I'm completely against abuse, but that Audino story was pretty hot...

Reminded me of this one, though, not as extreme: http://pastebin.com/zSHgraZK
>>
>>20595940
Oh, and this one about the slime dragon that some anons wrote making fun of the shitposter

http://pastebin.com/Ckg5tv6x
http://pastebin.com/ZydH9cmK
>>
>>20595566
I think it's possible to make a story like that SFW, though it would sound more like a legal battle on what to do and NOT to do with Power Item usage.
>>
>>20595604
BoyfriendAnon sounds like he's very uncertain with himself and his relationship with you.
>>
File: 1402522733998.jpg (122KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
1402522733998.jpg
122KB, 800x450px
how many of you anons have managed to sneak in mega evolution into your fics?
>>
File: 640a356c46e4ddc045fcebb075824d0f.png (204KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
640a356c46e4ddc045fcebb075824d0f.png
204KB, 1000x1000px
>>20598424
I'm actually planning on that in a future arc. It's still quite a ways away though.
>>
File: 1408496593328.gif (12KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
1408496593328.gif
12KB, 100x100px
>>
>>20593931
I can't tell if you liked it or just wanted pwp.
>>
File: pure fear.gif (1MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
pure fear.gif
1MB, 512x288px
>>20589385
>mfw I realized that I first encountered financial domination in one of my Engllish Literature prose books back in high school where everyone was reliant on a man's money.
>>
>>20603028
I really didn't do a good job of portraying the lifestyle at all, so I want to do more, longer things about the subject.
>>
>>20603028
>>mfw I realized that I first encountered financial domination in one of my Engllish Literature prose books back in high school where everyone was reliant on a man's money.

The Room, by Tommy Wiseau?
>>
>>20603464
nah, thinking more of Elephant by Raymond Carver.
>>
Anyone have any good Lilligant Smut?

Was reading through the idea pastebin and saw that idea for a MTrainerxFLilligant Anal fic and was curious if it ever got written.
>>
>>20604390
There's one involving a male Roserade and a Lilligant in the catalog, I think. Petal Power or something along those lines. Have you given that a look yet?
>>
>>20602922
I can't tell either, it was weird.
>>
>>20605123
I have, it's good but it doesn't do anything for me anymore, I've read in a few times already
>>
File: 1403415661747.png (132KB, 407x425px) Image search: [Google]
1403415661747.png
132KB, 407x425px
>>20605338
there hasn't been much material involving lilligant for a while, even on the NSFW side.

not even a cutesy date fic with one. It's suffering
>>
morning bump
>>
>>20606012
What a shame.
>>
There's someone in the gardevoir thread planning out a writefag for a yanderevoir. Should we invite him over here or do you think he's scared of us?
>>
File: 1407910718132.png (241KB, 502x541px) Image search: [Google]
1407910718132.png
241KB, 502x541px
>>20605337
>>
>>20610311
Consider revising it G? I think you could do more with money teasing (making Trevor kissher boots for it, waft a dollar bill scent to Tierno, insulting him in,that he probably eats the monry,, etc)
>>
>>20610654
In other words: Write more.
>>
This would be the right thread to ask, I think.

But I remember reading a fic, it was still WIP, but it was called "Sick Day" or something like that. Anyone know what I'm talking about, or know the link to it? It was a Nate x Yancy fic
>>
>>20610311
I never said I hated it
>>
>>20611177
Does... anyone know which fic I'm referring to?
>>
>>20611562
I remember it, but lost the link to it ages ago. Sorry
>>
>>20611177
I do recall, yeah. Let me see if I can dig through the archives and find it for you...
>>
>>20611652
Sweet, that would be much appreciated.
>>
>>20606012
Lilligant is 2cute.
I wish there was more than 2 decent smut fics for her.
>>
>>20609564
The story begins. Very much under construction
http://mibpaste.com/xhSdfX
>>
File: rape faic.gif (1MB, 200x118px) Image search: [Google]
rape faic.gif
1MB, 200x118px
>>20618463
http://mibpaste.com/cDH1Xv

still under heavy construction, but the author has chosen to go the SFW route (no smut).
>>
File: 1317700327387.jpg (127KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1317700327387.jpg
127KB, 1280x720px
bump
>>
>>20620630
Is it just me or did the site format the entire thing really oddly?
>>
>>20620952
yeah the mibpaste site the anon is using is really messing up the format.
>>
Any PMD smut that involves a side character/OCs that aren't main character stand-ins?

I've already read SullenFool's, which were pretty good.
>>
>>20621613
Thanks anon!
>>
>>20621707
You're quite welcome.

Any plans to write more, by the way? I've leafed through your SFW fics, but only A Little Tete a Tete really held my interest.
>>
>>20622038
Once again, someone skips over reading Braver. It gets better, honest!

I've been thinking of writing one last NSFW story to round out the other two, but I;ve been too busy writing my SFW ones that I haven't actually gotten any work done on it. So maybe I'll get it done someday.
>>
>>20605338
Glad you enjoyed it, anon. I wish I could get off my ass and write some more, Lilligant or not. Whimsicott is next on my list to include in a PWP fic, if that's what I end up doing next.

>>20622086
don't worry, he's enough of a fig that he'll assuredly get back to it sometime or another :^)
>>
File: iveseensomeshit.jpg (299KB, 1234x923px) Image search: [Google]
iveseensomeshit.jpg
299KB, 1234x923px
>>20622161
Still waiting on Palais Lane Nature Documentary.
>>
File: spooky scary.gif (487KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
spooky scary.gif
487KB, 500x500px
>>20622200
Someday, someday. Gourgeist and a select few human characters need love, too. And maybe, just maybe, I could try writing something SFW that's worth a damn one of these days, too.

Maybe.
>>
NEW THREAD
>>20622384
>>20622384
Thread posts: 308
Thread images: 71

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.