[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Gimmicks General!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 307
Thread images: 16

File: bananas.jpg (44KB, 320x225px) Image search: [Google]
bananas.jpg
44KB, 320x225px
Sure, they won't get you extremely high in showdown ranking, sure they usually are outclassed by standard builds/better pokemon. But it sure is fun to surprise unprepared opponent with something fresh, it sure is fun to come up with non-kosher uses of your favourite pokemon.

What to post: fun builds, new ways tu use forgotten pokemon, things that actually can be useful [of course we're not expecting tearing apart OU teams, just something that is not dead-weight on your team]

What not to post: things like 'it totally can sweep after Baton Pass'; things that are just way to gimmicky ['if you can get Sap Sipper to activate and set up 2 turns you can probably get the kill with crit'], things well known like Focus Kingdra, Giga Nigga or Funbro.

So let's begin!

Houndoom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
IVs: 0 Def
- Counter
- Destiny Bond
- Sucker Punch
- Flamethrower

This build is actually quite good - while enemy expects a Mega [special sweeper] and focuses on shuting it down quickly - you just SashCounter his Talonflame/Conkeldurr/Whatever right to the ground. After that, if opponent uses something without priority and slower than 317- boom, second one down with Destiny Bond. Or at least you can go down with doing some harm with STAB Sucker Punch.

Pros
-you can switch in into fire safely
-very surprising set
-it's quite simple to use

Cons
-it requires some prediction [but most things do]
-while [if played correctly] you can be almost sure to get Counter kill, Destiny Bond is a bit harder to utilise in Priority: the Metagame
-breeding that is a bitch

You can dump remaining EVs into attack to maximise your sucker punch.

later on i'll add my Alomomola build here {if thread gets attention}, i'm also working on gimmicky Weavile/spoiler]
>>
i dont understand gimmick sets. theyre very 50/50 of playing out the way you want them to if that.
>>
>>20451697
It's really weird that Houndoom gets Counter. It's just a dog, not one of those anthro super saiyan jackals.
>>
>>20451726
Bewildering your opponent by not meeting their expectations and forcing them into making subpar choices as a result is the fun of gimmicks.
>>
File: diagnosis autism.jpg (86KB, 583x449px) Image search: [Google]
diagnosis autism.jpg
86KB, 583x449px
>>20451726
anyway, here's one that never works

FUCK OFF (Starmie) @ Lagging Tail
Ability: Analytic
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Trick
>>
>>20451697

I like this.
does smeagle with powerherb/geomancy count as a gimmick?
>>
>>20451697
Special Tauros (Tauros) @Life Orb
Sheer Force
252 Speed, 252 SpA, 4HP
-Fire Blast
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rock Slide

do the calcs fagget :^)
>>
>>20451755
It's only a gimmick if you can't pull it off.
>>
>breeding that is a bitch
Doubly true if female.
>>
>>20451753
Why would you have surf when Starmie gets scald?
>>
>>20446941
>>
Just using Attract is enough to make the opponent think "oh fuck you"
>>
>>20451778
because i don't have a fucking clue, really

for people who don't care about smogon/OU, m-kanga with icy wind always yields hilarious results
>>
Try this one out:

Cant buckle the (Shuckle) (F) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 252 HP / 228 Def / 28 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Infestation
- Shell Smash
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

If you can get at least one boost off in battle spot, you can pretty much sweep everytime since there is no sleep clause:

Prettiest bird (Vivillon) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hurricane
- Sleep Powder
- Substitute
- Quiver Dance

Works occasionally:

Tropenis (Tropius) @ Starf Berry
Ability: Harvest
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Roost
- Giga Drain

Hilarious if you can pull it off:

Chubby wubby (Volbeat) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Trick
- Encore
- Roost
>>
>>20451804

I use the exact same vivillon set, it catches people off guard and has let me sweep teams 3-0 on battle spot numerous times. I use bug buzz in place of substitute though, but I can see the utility of it.
>>
>>20451804
I actually have that shuckle [i think i have binding band or leftovers on it tho].

that Vivillon is pretty standard

>>20451753
lately i've read somewhere that Analytic also works when enemy switches, so it actually is something to consider over Natural Cure
>>
File: 1407247575230.gif (314KB, 497x378px) Image search: [Google]
1407247575230.gif
314KB, 497x378px
If you can pull of a shell smash, you'll have so much fun with flinch hax.

Cloyster @ King's Rock
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
>>
File: screen-7.jpg (128KB, 688x387px) Image search: [Google]
screen-7.jpg
128KB, 688x387px
>>20451898
i prefer cinccino myself for nut-busting rage

but are you tired for so-called "competitively viable" sets? try protean with spikes/quick attack/shadow sneak/aerial ace and step up your prediction game!
>>
File: into the trash it goes.png (86KB, 385x298px) Image search: [Google]
into the trash it goes.png
86KB, 385x298px
>gimmicks
You know where that belongs, huh? Do you want to know where we put gimmicks, son?
>>
>>20451932
...b-but that Houndoom actually works
>>
>>20451932
Pretend I posted a "No Fun Allowed" pic.
>>
>>20451998
i'll pretend that you're not a colossal faggot instead

this set works very well if your opponent is a recent victim of blunt force brain trauma:

Pardon me, ma'am (Swalot) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Belch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Stockpile
- Rest
>>
>>20452032
>i'll pretend that you're not a colossal faggot instead
Fair enough
>>
>>20451795
>for people who don't care about smogon/OU, m-kanga
But Mega Kanga got banned from OU
And Icy Wind is only relevant in doubles anyway
>>
>>20452109
Ubers can be fun if you go gimmick on low ladder opponents.
>>
>>20451697
>this dog's genetic line goes from qwilfish, to malamar, to delibird, then houndoom
>>
>>20452032
Interesting one, 10/10 description.

Also, I done goof
>>20451697
you want Taunt not flamethrower, that way it gains whole new usefulnes and interestingnes!
>>
Not necessarily a gimmick, just something weird I thought might work in Doubles:

Swoobat
Ability: Simple
~Double Team
~Calm Mind
~Roost
~Stored Power

Use the Double Team boosts to avoid attacks for extra chances to Roost, and to power up Stored Power. With Simple, things would snowball out of control quickly. Pairs well with an Acupressure user for another 4 boosts per turn.
>>
>>20452276
I don't think increased evasion counts towards Stored Power.
>>
Played against guy who had all level 1 with quick attack, endeavor, and focus sash.

I lead in with skill link/focus sash cloister.
>>
>>20452343
FEAR is well known nowadays.
>>
>>20452300
Bulbapedo says Evasion and Accuracy count toward the BP but I can't find another source. I guess I'll breed the thing and test it myself.
>>
Absol @ Absolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Snatch
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
- Megahorn

Mega evolve and it gets Magic bounce so Opponent can't set down entry hazards. Protect if you think its going to attack and Snatch if you think its going to set up. Sucker punch for stab and EV's can go into HP since priority and Megahorn for coverage
>>
>>20452515
Interesting. How that works for you?
>>
>>20452546
Not tried it out yet. Was going to try it on cartridge until i realised Absol can only learn snatch from a tutor in gen 5
>>
I used to play with a Mega Garfevoir that had mimic in doubles and triples

>Boomburst Gardevoire
Telepathy/Trace
Mimic
Protect
Psyshock
Wish

Pretty much I used other pokes to put my enemies to sleep. After they have been put to sleep, I switched them out for Noivern. Noivern has Telepathy and Boomburst.

Noivern will use Boomburst, wich is when you will use Mimic. Congratulations, Gardevoire now has boomburst

This is a pain to set up, but if you're successful prepare to start raping
>>
>>20452618
Jesus fuck how terrifying
>>
Metal Burst Sturdy Red Card Aggron.
Find something that could one shot it and spin the wheel of fortune!
>>
>>20452677
I toyed around with it never really got it down because I would lose more often than not by trying to set this up

I think I have some replays left of it on cart
>>
>>20452689
That's cool. Like really cool, the kind of gimmick i wanted to see.
>>
>>20451804
I love the Shuckle set, but I give it a Lum or Chesto Berry instead and swap out Sleep Talk with Toxic.
>>
>>20452276
I run a kinda gimmicky version of this in NU.

Mine holds a Kee Berry. Usually I have screens up, so even with it's pathetic defenses it can take one hit unless the opponent has boosts.

And then after one CM you have +2/+2 defenses, which should be enough (especially with screens) to let you CM/Roost up to the point where you have +6 SpAtk and a Stored Power of about 300BP.
>>
File: hmm.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>20452618
>273BP Boomburst

Oh my.
>>
>>20452618
>252 SpA Pixilate Mega Gardevoir Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Scizor: 177-208 (51.4 - 60.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
good god
>>
>>20451761
>rock slide
Why? That afraid of fire? Even Hyper Beam is a better choice
>>
>>20452877
If you add hyper beam then you have most of the gen 1 set.

Trade off ice beam for blizzard for full throwback.
>>
>>20452779
No no no, that's the point - if you get the shell smash setup, this mon endures a lot, but also needs to sleep a lot. I runned one with toxic instead of sleep talk, it took care of opponents swifter, but you definitely need to sleep more then once in a battle. And shellsmashing in your sleep is nice. You wanna go with lefties or Binding Band, to trap harmless [to shuckle] even longer, so you get to fuckle with him for 3 more turns.

>>20452877
it's not like he was serious
>>
>Gourgeist-Super @ Assault Vest
>252 HP/252 Att/4 Def
>Seed Bomb
>Shadow Sneak
>Rock Slide
>Flame Charge

The trick is to run this with a burn-absorber. Hit your would-be counters on the switch, such as Talonflame with Rock Slide, anything weak to Fire with Flame Charge obviously, and after one Flame Charge you outspeed Bisharp for the burn. It actually has really good physical coverage, and the Assault Vest makes up for its lackluster SpD stat, while the 252 HP already boosts it's awesome Def. A lot of people expect the WoW/Leech Seed set so this set has the element of surprise. The only thing this set fails to counter in OU that it would normally counter is M-Mawile because it's lacking Will-o-Wisp, but a max Att Flame Charge is still doing quite a bit of damage.

You can go either Adamant or Impish whether or not you want it to be more offensive or tanky.
>>
>>20452909

Edit: you outspeed Bisharp after a Flame Charge but can't burn obviously on an AV set, my mistake. Even after the +1 Speed you can't stay in on Bisharp because I believe it still outspeeds.
>>
Snorlax @Red Card
-rest
-sleep talk
-recycle
-whirlwind

The ride that never ends.
>>
>>20452959
It ends with taunt.
>>
Is this a gimmick?

Honchkrow @ Scope Lens
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Superpower
- Brave Bird
- Night Slash
- Sucker Punch
>>
In STABmons I run this.
>Bad Greninja (Greninja) @ Liechi Berry
>Ability: Protean
>Shiny: Yes
>EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
>Jolly Nature
>- Substitute
>- Acrobatics
>- Water Shuriken / Crabhammer
>- Knock Off / Sucker Punch

Pros
>Is the best Chansey lure you'll ever see in STABmons
>Hits decently hard with Acrobatics after +1
>Nobody expects it
>Substitute is a great tool to avoid being revenge killed
Cons
>Doesn't hit that hard with Water Shuriken
>Sucker Punch means no Knock Off to lure in Chanseys
>Doesn't fare too well in the Fake Out+Extreme Speed-infested metagame unless it still has a sub up
It's a breddy fun set.
>>
>>20452877
because that Tauros is made to break the meta

>252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tauros: 246-289 (84.5 - 99.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>4 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Slide vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Talonflame: 489-577 (164 - 193.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

suck my cock Talonfags

also this

>252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 421-499 (118.9 - 140.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

>252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Ice Beam vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Garchomp: 380-452 (106.1 - 126.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

>252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Ferrothorn: 359-426 (101.9 - 121%) -- guaranteed OHKO

kek
>>
>>20453218
Holly molly.
>>
>>20453218
>look at me I'm barely getting OHKOs on 4x weaknesses
>>
>>20453491
That's the point. This build is not meant to sweep, it's meant to be a surprising counter to handful of top OU mons. I like it.
>>
>>20453491
cry harder
>>
>>20452861
Can't beat the Bullet Bug with your shitty fairies:
252+ Atk Technician Mega Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Mega Gardevoir: 338-402 (121.5 - 144.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
>>
>>20451697
Spore/Transform Smeargle with Focus Sash is fun to use.
>>
>>20452974
You're better off using focus energy+scope lens on a Pokemon with Sniper. Since it gives you slightly higher damage output than a Swords Dance, cuts through defensive boosts, and isn't susceptible to Foul Play.
>>
FURIOUS (Kangaskhan-Mega) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Parental Bond
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fury Cutter
- Fake Out
- Power-Up Punch
- Protect

AVB (Blissey) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Charge Beam
- Ice Beam
- Flamethrower
- Dazzling Gleam

Thuggin it (Weavile) @ King's Rock
Ability: Pressure
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Ice Shard
- Fake Out
- Swords Dance

Mastermite (Magnemite) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Sturdy
Level: 1
EVs: 116 Def / 236 SpD
Bold Nature
- Toxic
- Recycle
- Protect
- Endure

BOOSTAN ROOSTAN (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Ancient Power
- Ominous Wind
- Thunder Wave

Citizen Snips (Drapion) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Knock Off
- Acupressure
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

half showderp pls no h8
>>
Does Trick Room count as a gimmick nowadays? Because I still use it in 2014.
>>
>>20453755
Trick room's still just unreliable more than anything else in singles. Not exactly gimmick, just ineffective like FEAR or something. Especially worse given talonflame just doesn't care at all.

It's usable in 3v3 battlespot or any doubles formats at least.

Gravity's more gimmick tier.
>>
>>20452898
I can understand you picking binding band, and I wanna give that a try.

Though I've never had luck with sleep talk and it doesn't appeal to me anyway, but I get where you're coming from.
>>
Landorus
Jolly/Leftovers
Earthquake
Knock-Off
>Okay so far, not gimmicky...
Substitute
Bulk Up
252 SP / 212 AT / 40 HP

Give him team mates to counter fast waters/HP Ice, and he'll do very well.
And if the opponent is using Gliscor, I basically win.
>>
>>20453829
Shit i ment grip claw. Also btw, Infestation is hands down best non-signature trapping move, only shedinja is immune.
>>
Torkoal @ Chesto Berry
Shell Armor
EVS: 252 HP/252 SDef/4 HP
Rest
Iron Defense
Amnesia
Lava Plume

Boost+spam lava plume till the opponent's burned. Had so many people rage quit because they couldn't KO it.
>>
>>20452618
Try bring Xerneas with you during Triples. With the Fairy Aura boost, the Mimic Boomburst could annihilate quite a bit.
>>
>>20453931
It really is. A lot of people seem to not know that you can escape with U-Turn and Volt Switch, too.
>>
I've actually had a lot of luck in 3v3 using 2DRAG1MAG

Magnezone doubling up for both Steel types and fairies is pretty hilarious, especially when fairies try to switch to outsmart you and you just volt switch out to a direct counter

Dragons offensively are still basically as strong as ever.
And it's great hitting Togekiss on the switch with a Stone Edge, then hitting it with Stone Edge again for a kill before it can dazzling gleam me.
>>
>>20451697
Best toad (Seismitoad) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast/Hp grass (for water pokemon you switch into)
- Earth Power
- Icy Wind

I've been using this with great success. Two extremely useful immunities (water being by far the most important). Decent bulk, and the benefit of being an unexpected special attacker (since it is usually physical)

Specs is needed for this particular set since its special attack is naturally lacklustre. It's capable of destroying most pokemon if it hits a super effective attack.

It's a decent check to Rotom-W and other common water pokemon. It was gains +25% if you can predict a water attack.
>>
I use Topsy-Turvy
>>
>>20454137
Completly walled by chansey
>>
>>20453984
I actually have a video of that
On a vs recorder

This against a Xerneas
58DG-WWWW-WWW5-T83U

I only have one other video, but it's more or less the same thing
>>
>>20454191

Definitely, most pokemon have a counter. But then again, I play this in singles with 5 other pokemon. If there is a chansey on the other team, then I'd try to get rid of it with my conk or something.

Also, in the earlier stages of the battle, I don't think people would be expecting a special toed, so wouldn't switch in, but who knows. I've never had problems with chansey countering him.
>>
Greninja @ Focus Sash
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Mat Block
- Grass Knot
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pledge

Archeops @ Hard Stone
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Hone Claws

Infernape @ Air Balloon
Ability: Blaze
Naive Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Fire Pledge

Turn 1: Mat Block + Hone Claws + Taunt or attack
Turn 2: Water Pledge/Fire Pledge + Rock Slide
Turn 3+: Keep spamming Rock Slide while Infernape and Greninja clean up

I used a similar strategy with Garchomp@Wide Lens instead of Archeops (gets the flinching going right away instead of turn 2) and got to 50 in Super Triples. B57G-WWWW-WWW7-EFHJ

Gets ruined by Trick Room users that are not next to Infernape, but oh well.
>>
>>20451753
>Shiny: Yes
why would you post this
>>
>>20452618
Try something like this in doubles:
Smeargle + Greninja lead.
>1st turn: Smeargle uses dark void and Greninja uses Mat Block.
>2nd turn: Smeargle uses Boom Burst and you switch Gardevoir in for Greninja.
>3rd turn: Gardevoir Mimics Smeargle and smeargle uses power herb geomancy.
>4th turn: Gardevoir uses either boom burst or psych up on smeargle (depends on how comfortable you are) and smeargle uses helping hand if you used boom burst.
Boom bursting Mega Gardevoir with Geomancy boosts + Helping hand.
>>
>>20453491
>barely winning
i know man. it's pathetic
>>
>>20451873
It does because switching is considered a +6 or something priority move, so you technically go "last"
>>
>>20452976
Pretty neat set. I think maybe you should try and fit in Dark Void in there somewhere, as it makes it easier to set-up a sub if the foe is sleeping. Not sure what would get replaced though.
>>
>>20454633
I wanted to do something with smeargle but I didn't want to cheese too much.
>>
I thoguht up a combo that might seem better in theory rather than a real battle; anyways:

>Set up Shuckle with Accupressure until has a decent amount of boosts
>Have another Pokemon with Psych Up
>Send it out
>Copy Shuckle's stats
>Spam Stored Power

And then there was another one some guy pulled off me similary, but with Geomancy Xerneas and Psych Up Gardevoir.
>>
I use this set in conjunction with Toxic Spikes with a whole team synergising around it. But I'll focus on only this set since it's the most interesting on the team.

Greninja @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
Jolly Nature
- Mat Block
- Protect
- Substitute
- Rock Slide

Basically this set stalls out the opponent while his/her Pokemon are badly poisoned while recovering HP from leftovers to stall even more as usual, but in a different way.
>Set up two layers of Toxic Spikes during some point of the battle.
>Greninja comes in after a teammate faints and uses Mat Block, then Protect, then Substitute, then Protect, then Substitute, and so on.
>Rock Slide is used when Greninja's sub is still up due to it not breaking, the opponent doesn't attack, or switches out; for a safe chance of that 30% flinch. Or used as a last resort; having nothing to safely switch out to.
>If you do get the flinch, Protect/Rock Slide for even more chances to flinch while your sub is still up, getting more recovery from leftovers. If not then the Protect/Substitute continues.

Also this set doesn't work well against Pokemon that:
>Have priority (Mat Block doesn't have priority, and more importantly substitute)
>Are faster than Greninja
>Are not poisoned yet, or immune to Toxic Spikes
>Have Infiltrator as their ability
>Pokemon with sound-based move

All these should be put into account on to whether you should avoid bringing Greninja in, or to switch it out.

Also Mat Block doesn't block status moves; so Protect sometimes can be a safer choice in exchange for less turns to stall for poison damage. You don't want to suffer from paralysis with something that relies on its speed, or any damage from a status effect.

I got a total of nine subs up once while taking out 3 of my opponents Pokemon due to the flinching and stalling. And also because my opponent was completely confused on what was happening and didn't know what the fuck to do.
>>
Lucario @Lucarionite
Justified/Adaptability
Brave
4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Sp.Attack
-Bullet Punch
-Vacuum Wave
-Extreme Speed
-Work Up/Swords Dance/Nasty Plot

Pretty much a janitor for any glass jawed sweepers.
>>
>>20452909
>Flame Charge on Gourgeist
My nigga.

What I used to do:

Adamant, Super Sized Gourgeist
+252atk/hp
Protect
Leech Seed
W-o-W
Flame Charge

Raped every and any Mega Kanga back in the days it wasn't banned from OU.
>b-but Scrappy
Yeah good luck trying to get anything down without Parental Bond, you have exactly one turn before Will-o-Wisp
>b-but Crunch
Isn't enough.

But Flame Charge wasn't for Kangas (actually you rather not use it because you get away from sucker punch).

It checks, walls and skills Scizor, Ferrothorn, physical lucario and some other funy shit. Absorbs Leech Seed and Spore, could also mess hard with lead Smeargles. Not only killing him or forcing him to pass a Leech Seed, but staying in with +3 speed right after.

But then Smogon decided to ban most things Gourgeist was good against and Knock Off became the trend...
>>
Don't know how common is this for you:

Terrakion in the middle.
Cresselia using Helping Hand on it.
Weavile uses Beat Up on that Terrakion. Justified will activate repeatedly.

Then you press Rock Slide twice to win.

Helping Hand will surely go first, and you can even use Choice items or calculate the EV/IV spread to make sure Beat Up will happen before Rock Slide.
>>
>>20452618
Reminds me of a doubles team:
Electivire @Life Orb
Motor Drive
Adamant
4 HP/ 252 Attack and Speed
-Ion Deluge
-Wild Charge
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch

Electrode @ Choice Band
Jolly
Max out Attack and Speed
-Explosion
Really that's about it, but if you feel the need you van go with a standard set just to be safe. All you have to do is have Electivire use Ion Deluge then Electrode use Explosion.

>252+ Atk Choice Band Electrode Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Blissey: 675-795 (94.5 - 111.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO

>252+ Atk Choice Band Electrode Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 492-580 (69.8 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

>252+ Atk Choice Band Electrode Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 144-169 (59 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Or a triples team of Explosion Carbink, Skill Swap Mega Gardevoir, and Xernious. Just Skill Swap Pixelate to Carbink who will then use Explosion.

>252+ Atk Choice Band Pixilate Carbink Explosion vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shuckle: 186-220 (76.2 - 90.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
>>
>>20456392
Use Diancie instead of Carbink
>>
Most interesting thread in a while
>>
Has anyone tried Trick or treat on Chansey/Blissey in doubles or triples? That Ghost/Normal typing sounds like a pain to deal with
>>
>>20457373
porygon z adaptability 3attack shadow Ball trick Or treat?
>>
I don't know how much of a gimmick this is really, but I've been thinking of putting together a mono-Ghost team, just to play nerds on Battle Spot. How viable would something like that be?

I'm thinking something like Mega Gengar, Aegislash, Sableye, Chandelure, and a couple others I'm undecided on.

Or I could not be a faggot and drop Gengar and Aegislash, but I don't really play Showdown or follow Smogon's tiers so fuck it
>>
>>20457454
It would be immune to ghost, fighting and normal attacks. It's only weakness would be Dark
>>
>>20457454
>>20457550
Sorry, forgot to add that Trick or Treat adds Ghost typing on whomever you use it. You could potentially make an enemy have 3 types.
>>
>>20457373
>Trick or Treat
Sounds like something that can be used to escape trapping.
>>
>>20457608
Trevenant has a move which adds Grass typing, too
>>
>>20457605
This wouldn't be so bad on Wigglytuff. It would get 4 immunities and its only weakness would be Steel
>>
>>20457688
>wanting to be grass type
eh...
>>
>>20457829
No, you add it to shit you hate
>>
>>20457767
what about ghost bisharp

>>20457829
grass/fire ninetales with stab solarbeam?
>>
>>20457894
Bisharp and Tyranitar would be very good candidates

Also, Charizard Y would destroy things with stab solar beam
>>
>>20457688
It would be good just to piss off Spore spammers wanting to switch in and ruin it.
Too bad it doesn't have increased priority.
>>
>>20457829
grass scizor 8x weak fire
>>
>>20457829
>Forest's Curse on M-Salamence
>8x weak to ice
into nu it goes
Show's over
>>
>>20452300
It does.
>>
>>20453711
>Furry Cutter's power will double every time it hits successfully
>Standard power is 40
>Guaranteed 2 hits
>2nd hit is half as strong as the first one so it only does 80
So if you could use it in two turns it'd deal 80 the first turn and the second turn 240.
>>20454492
Interesting, never cared to use the Pledges, but they go from 80 to 160 now so I'll try it some time. Not to mention the added effect helping Rock Slide.
>>20454633
>>20455366
Neat, reminds me of a Moody Smeargle I once went up against.
It used Fake Out, Protect, and I couldn't hit it thanks to it's evaisain. After 5 turns my opponent switched into Arceus and had Smeargle use Transform. I will always carry a taunter now.
>>
File: 1386057367041.png (135KB, 1272x464px) Image search: [Google]
1386057367041.png
135KB, 1272x464px
>>20456392
>>
>>20457992
hmm, so it's theoretically possible to have a Pokemon with quadruple typing... What would be a good combo, who could benefit from added grass and ghost. Heatran?
>>
File: 1400266589019.png (158KB, 408x453px) Image search: [Google]
1400266589019.png
158KB, 408x453px
>>20458077
jesus christ, how horrifying
>>
>>20458090
No, Trick-or-Treat and Forest's Curse cancel each other.
>>
>>20458090
Pyroar lol

In all seriousness, Maybe Rotom W and H
>>
>>20458120
oh, that's a fukang shame.
>>
>>20458077
>All of them have nicknames
>Last Pokemon
>"Golem"
Wut?
>>
>>20458106
Do aftermath and explosion stack?
>>
>>20458375
how. Aftermath is triggered by physical contact made by enemy attack
>>
>>20458077
Are these the most powerful users of Explosion?

>>20458232
Great comical effect, if you ask me.
>>
>>20451753
On that note:

>Starmie @ Leftovers
Natural Cure
Timid 252 HP / 252 Speed
-Cosmic Power
-Recover
-Scald
-Reflect Type

Mind you, the way to play this is NOT to setup to +6 defenses and stall things out.
You get a boost to so that you can Recover off any damage after a Reflect Type. Resist Scizor's U-turn, neutral Rotom-W's Volt Switch, etc.
Purpose of set is to spread Scald burns and be hard to kill while spreading more Scalds.

>>20456198
Was used in a Gen 5 tournament, and Nintendo gave out the winner's Whimsicott with Beat Up through wifi/mystery gift.

>>20457373
On that note:
>Alomomola @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Bold 252 HP 252 Def
-Toxic
-Soak
-Wish
-Protect/Scald

Poison EVERYTHING (except Poison types after they switch out). Soak, unlike Forest Curse/Trick-or-Treat, changes you into a Water type. Period. This means anything Soak-ed is now susceptible to being Toxic-ed. Toxic Skarmories, Ferrothorns, Scizors and more! You can use this method to Poison Poison types, but after they switch out, Poison has an innate cannot-have-Poisoned-status-effect clause built into the game (whereas Steel is only 'cannot-be-Poisoned,' but remain Poisoned if they are already affected by the status).

Similarly:
>Lanturn @Leftovers
Volt Absorb
Calm 252 HP 252 either defense (or split into SpA)
-Stockpile
-Rest
-Soak
-Discharge

The nice thing about Soak is that in addition to making them weak to Electric, they also lose their STAB, making your bulky Stockpiling more effective. If Parabolic Charge becomes widespread in distribution in ORAS (ex. Tail Glow/Sacred Sword in BW2/XY), Lanturn will be the best abuser of it in the lower tiers; you'd be free to replace Rest with Heal Bell or something like Whirlpool or Toxic.
>>
>>20458503
It made me chuckle, that's why I pointed it out.
>>
>>20458493
That sucks. It would have been amazing if they did
>>
>>20453755
Maybe in singles. I got pretty high up the ladder with a Trick Room team over in Smogon Doubles.

Trick Room duration extending item when?
>>
>>20458077
Should really use Snorlax in there. STAB on Self-Destruct easily overpowers Steelix's 85 base Attack Explosion.

With new tutors in ORAS, hopefully you can get some Aerilate/Pixilate/Refrigerate users with Explosion for type diversity and Ghost killing.

>>20458503
I don't think so.

Metagross, Landorus T, Gigalith, Azelf, Golem, Gensect^, Lickilicky* and Self-Destruct Snorlax* would fit that category.

*STAB users 1.5x boost overpowers the stronger base Attack and thus should be considered more powerful.
^Genesect can get a Download boost, effectively giving it STAB on top of its Item boost if it comes in on the right Pokemon
>>
>>20458535
This is amazing. I have been thinking about adding alomola to my team for a while now
>>
>>20454187
>mfw Topsy-Turvying a Baton Pass chain
>>
>>20458694
Great imput, thanks.
>>
>>20458535
I have that Alomomola, but with even def/sdef bulk. T'was an experiment, went quite well. Should try out fully physical tho. Always wondered why Alomomola is always NU, it's surprisingly decent.
>>
>>20458831
Usage. Plenty of mons are effective in higher tiers and even get sets on Smogon because of it, but they simply don't have the usage to justify being banned from the lower tiers (because that's what tiers are; being OU means you're banned from UU, RU and NU).
It's better this way. Alomomola shines in the bulky FWG cores and in Regenerator cores where Slowbro doesn't exist.

You can easily change the EVs, if you want. I wanted the Alomomola to pass Wishes as well as Soak+Toxic, so I maxed HP. Choosing physical bulk was merely preference (and can be paired with a specially bulky partner. Perhaps one with STAB Venoshock/Hex for fun times).
>>
>>20458831
imagine the feel I had after fucking up special MLuke with that forgotten fish. Also Soak pair very well with entry hazards - not many Pokemon can do jack to mixed Alomo after loosing stabs, so basically it's a forced switch
>>
>>20458897
yeah, usage. I meant 'why nobody uses that, it's good'
>>
A team of five Pokemon with Assist, with no damaging moves, paired up with a Victini with only V-Create. Everything spamming V-Create. It's a wrecking ball strategy.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-20651579
>>
>>20458831
>>20458910
After running some calcs on Alomomola, I find:
>Calm - 214 HP/ 44 Def / 252 SpDef
Spread: 524 HP/ 207 Def /207 SpDef

To be the best overall spread.

Neither Banded Talonflame nor Mega-Venusaur can 2HKO assuming you Soak after their first move (or even better, on the switch in), which I think is a fair benchmark. Thundurus, Mega-Manectric, and equivalent 'super strong fully invested STAB SE attacks' tend to damage you beyond what you can stall with Protect, Soak, and Wish, BUT you also aren't OHKOed by any of it, allowing you to switch and Regenerator out (caution: LO Thundurus can do up to 95% damage on you on a good roll).

Finalized:

>Alomomola @ Leftovers
Regenerator
Calm 212 HP/ 44 Def / 252 SpDef
-Soak
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
>>
>>20459163
What do you do with pokemon with Flash Fire?
>>
>>20459301
A full Bold 252 HP / 252 Def does have merit, though, being able to survive two Dragon Claws from a +1 M-Charizard X 99% of the time, and always living 2 Play Roughs from M-Mawile due to Leftovers recovery.
This is something a Calm, even spread Alomomola can't do.

So, you pick and choose.
Physical Alomomola is really impressive, but dies to Special hits (ex. OHKO by M-Man and Thundurus).
Even defense Alomomola can survive all those hits (more so with smart Soak use), but fails to survive the largest physical hits the game has to offer which a Bold 252 Def one could.
>>
>>20457522
Mono-Ghost is really easy this gen, and I'm a smogonfag and I say you should feel a-okay using that shit on cart.
>>
>>20459459
Actually, if you Soak on their first move, you can survive both 100% of the time on both sets.

The strength of a Bold/252 Def Alomomola is being able to survive boosted hits (+2 M-Mawile, etc).
Any defensively spread Alomomola can deal with any mon that can 2HKO with a smart Soak use as long as the first hit doesn't do more than ~70%

Dude. Alomomola is amazing. I knew this and used it last gen, but the damage calcs just keep getting more and more impressive with Soak.
>>
>>20451898
If you can pull off a shell smash everytng should die before king's rock procs.
cinncino still better and cuter
>>
Didn't really check what's on here but I just finished a team that I think fits into gimmick. It's a Heliolisk and Lanturn combo. Heliolisk has Dry Skin and Parabolic Charge and Lanturn has Volt Absorb and surf. Lanturn also has Ion Deluge and soak to help out.
>>
This bitch is best lead

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD / 30 Spe
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic
>>
>>20453947
Just tried this, the other guy had a umbreon with heal bell and wish so I ended up just stalling for 86 turns.
10/10 would use again
>>
>>20462377
Why are your IVs 30? You don't even use a hidden power move.
>>
>>20462553
I have no idea why it did that

sometimes it does weird shit for me
>>
>>20462487
What nature on the Torkoal?
>>
>>20459440
Concede
>>
So I just downloaded Showdown and run some of the gimmicks posted. Also, you should try Skill Link Flinccino if you haven't.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-151372757
>>
>>20462710
Also, I forgot how damn annoying Poison Heal Gliscors are.
>>
>>20462710
>I just downloaded Showdown
why?
>>
>>20462710
I'm very curious about this strategy. I'm if someone or you could try this out, it would be amazing.

>>20452618
>>20454633
>>
>>20462756
Because Pokémon Online is garbage, the bottom of the ladder is fun and I don't feel like breeding any more.
>>
>cosmic power starmie
>use cosmic power
>get hit
>faint
gimmicks suck
>>
>>20462796
Well, I'm not a great player and I've never done doubles, so I don't think I can pull it off.

>>20462801
That's why you have to force a swich. Most of them suck, yeah, but they're fun.
>>
>>20462796
No Showdown is fine, but you don't have to download it, you can just click play online. Right?
>>
>>20462837
Not really, I've already used my GB of internet until the next 3 days. Besides, I like use the teambuiler when I'm offline.
>>
>>20462868
Ohh, I gotcha. Carry on.
>>
>>20462647
I usually go for bold.
>>
>this is basically cheating
>how do you sleep at night?

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151383244
>>
>>20462710
>bull shit how can they all hit five times
>my sides
>>
So I tried doing a gimmick based team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151399015

Rate my results.
>>
>>20464155
Pretty good

Be smart about when to not lead with Gothitelle

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151403017
>tfw they just quit
>>
>>20464155
Gotta love that torkoal. Makes so many people mad
>>
>>20464155
You know, you just need to get better at predicting, which is a glorified term for understanding risk/reward mangement, and you could do fairly well with that team. Things like, Gothitelle should not take on Spore Breloom unless you're Scarfed prepared to Trick, switching Alomomola out at low HP because it has Regenerator and not risking RNG KO. Once you familiarize yourself with the team's limits, I can see you doing fairly well with it, gimmick though it is.

My suggestion is to replace the Volbeat with the special Tauros for Gliscor mangement (also gives good base Speed to team); Flinchinno is also another possibility. Also seconding the vote to being smart about Gothitelle use. It would have been an instant GG against Vaporeon or Bronzong (or even Weavile/Gliscor/Breloom post-Spore assuming you switched in on a resisted/ineffective move) assuming you had Scarf + Trick.
>>
>>20464385
In my defense, Goth was scarfed and I was going to trick. Alo -was- going to wish and heal up the next one. But that didn't quite work out. I was outsped both times. The thunderbolt on gliscor was completely my fault. I misclicked and regretted it immediately.
>>
>>20464431
Oh shit, scarfed? I gave her choice specs. Gotta change something.

I thought she was weak.
>>
>>20452959
>>20452970
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-136855461
>>
>>20464439
Me again. Scarfed Goth is best goth. Thanks for the team suggestion.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151408926 No funny chats in this one though.
>>
This combo is pretty fun

Heracross @ Heracronite
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Arm Thrust
- Bullet Seed
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast

Scolipede @ Black Sludge
Ability: Speed Boost
- Iron Defense
- Megahorn
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass

Use Iron Defence > Swords Dance as much as you safely can then Baton Pass to Hera

then watch 1000atk do its magic
>>
Not exactly a gimmick, but...
Paraflincher lead M-Aggron. I can't believe you can use this thing in UU.
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/uu-151414364
>>
I usually lead with:

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Taunt
Scald/WoW/Toxic
Recover
Hex

Generally I use Scald but it depends on the team, start with a taunt, scald until burned, switch to hex unless one is preferable for coverage sake. Recover and taunt again when necessary. Cursed body is wonderful since it gets rid of S.E. attacks often, just recover until it is disabled. It's also fun when you get to watch enemies struggle to death. Works pretty well.
>>
Need some ideas into this Gengar

Gengar @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Substitute
- Hypnosis
- Dream Eater
- Curse

Basically it's a curse stall

What would work better than the shitty Hypnosis/Dream Eater combo?
>>
>>20464866
>he gets Giga Drain

Jesus
>>
>>20464866
He can't learn Drain Punch, can he?
>>
>>20464876
yeah, but is it viable making him a Physical Attacker?
>>
On a team based around spreading status (plenty of inducers, toxic spikes etc), I used this fun Gengar build as a cleaner

Fat Sonic (Gengar) @Specs
Levitate
Timid
252S.Atk/252Speed/4HP
-Hex
-Sludge Bomb
-Coverage
-Coverage

Basically, in early game, you play this dude more carefully - bring in on an immunity, use correct STAB/coverage, kill something off, switch out. Then late game when status has been spread, you walk in and rain boosted Hexes on everything.

There's this guy, too

WhatDoISay? (Braixen)@Eviolite
Blaze/Magician
Calm 252Hp/252Sp.Def/4Def
-Fire Spin
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect
Enjoy being a decent and fairly annoying special tank and getting cockblocked by heatran

For Battle Spot players
Pure Evil (Dewgong)@Leftovers
Hydration
Defensive nature/EV Spread according to preference, I use Calm max HP/SDef
-Rest
-Sleep Talk/Toxic/Encore/Disable/Frost Breath/Rain Dance
-Sheer Cold
-Horn Drill
Quite possibly the most irritating motherfucker in existence. Causes ragequits and DC's like no other. Use in tandem with similarly built Walrein (SheerCold/Fissure Restalk) for maximum lulz
>>
Not exactly a gimmick, more of early test drives of an unreleased Pokemon.

Latias@Latiasite
Timid/Levitate 252HP/Speed/4SAtk
-Calm Mind
-Roost
-Dragon Pulse
-Psyshock

Anyone else have any Mega Lati ideas?
>>
>>20464881
I'd say it's more viable than reliying on Hypnosis.
>>
>>20464517
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151414987

Tried giving a similar team a go.

Alomomola + Cofagrigus are clear stars on the team. Pure status abuse duo with Alomomola's amazing bulk and Soak shenanigans + Cofagrigus' Burn and Hex abuse = fantastic.

Gothitelle is nice, but suffers from still not being enough of a threat in this meta after a +6/+6. Easily outsped and lacks bulk, but still manages to take a mon out like all Shadow Tag-ers should.

Misplayed (forgot Unaware ignored defensive boosts too) my Torkoal, but I find it hard to find time to setup. It'll either wall half the opponent's team or die miserably before it does anything; it dies often. Outsped by Wobbs too for unfortunate Encore into Mirror Coat retaliation. It's the definition of a gimmick, so worth keeping on a gimmick team. Just play with caution.

Gourgeist definitely feels lacking in effectiveness. Mostly in power. Its decent bulk is hindered by low Speed (always taking hits) and still doesn't actually have to power needed to take down targets. I feel a Trick-or-Treat + Shadow Sneak is a better gimmick to try out than Assault Vest offense.

Cinccino's great, but that's not news. Wondering if I should tinker with EVs and see if a little more HP is worthwhile given the flinch change.
>>
>>20451791
Agreed. It's especially true on simulators, which tend to make most mons male by default. It can be an alright alternative to Thunder Wave, since it affects Electrics and Grounds too. I wouldn't swear by it, but it's a fun alternative.
>>
>>20464968
>Wondering if I should tinker with EVs and see if a little more HP is worthwhile given the flinch change.
As a regular user, it is not. You need both the power and the speed. If you want to make him last longer, you could always use Thunder Wave in the fourth slot so you can paraflinch.
>>
Didn't even notice this thread, but here's my gimmick team.

It only works if the other person doesn't set up

Probopass @ Berry Juice
Level: 2
EVs: 252 SpA / 76 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 HP
- Pain Split
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Volt Switch

Donphan @ Shell Bell
Level: 25
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 HP / 0 Def / 0 SpA / 0 SpD
- Endeavor
- Ice Shard
- Rest
- Rapid Spin

Skarmory @ Red Card
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Drill Peck

Shedinja @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Sandstorm
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Sneak
- X-Scissor

Gyarados @ Choice Specs
Ability: Intimidate
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam

Roserade @ Big Root
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Aromatherapy
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Toxic Spikes
>>
>>20464968
Trick-Or-Treat is definitely not worth using. All it takes is for a switch in with a normal and there goes your entire gimmick, suddenly your opponent has 3 immunities courtesy of you.
>>
>>20464968
Gourgeist is there to counter the all-too-common ferrothorns since it is immune to leech seed and can do a nice fire move. Also, its slow speed means hardly any damage from gyro ball.
>>
>>20464780
I run this with rocky helmet
>>
>>20451697
I don't know if these would be the best EVs but its worked fairly well so far
Barbaracle @ Binding Band
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Clamp
- Infestation
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

You could also lose the resttalk and add toxic or taunt

Also, just thought of this while reading the thread

Sap Sipper Girafarig Skill swap w/ Swampert

There also might be something you can do with psyching up a 2x shell smash and baton passing to another sweeper. I know girafarig has the psych up + BP deal.
>>
>>20459301
now that's exactly my Alomomola. It's not bad even in OU/battle spot
>>
>>20464923
For the battle maison, I've been using mega Latios

Adamant nature
DD
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
Recover
>>
Some fantastic shit in this thread.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151434988
>>
>>20462710
you can play showdown on-site, you dont have to download anything
>>
>>20465057
How does a timid level 25 donphan work?
>>
>>20466047
It's a fear set.
Endeavor + Shell Bell
>>
Since this is a gimmick thread can anyone give me some ideas about rain room set? I cannot think up anything aside from mandatory politoed, mega pharos and hydration vaporeon for general status absorbing and walling
>>
>>20466344
Water spout octillery is pretty great in both rain and trick room.
>>
>>20466344
For doubles?
Clamperl is practically mandatory.
Hits harder than Palkia.
>>
>>20466410
Mostly for singles, but doubles are good too. i heard mega blastoise + something like aromatisse or slowbro works too
>>
I built an updated take on Assist V Create because of this thread. Lots of assmad forfeits.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151444599
>>
>>20466448
In singles I wouldn't use Clamperl since it's too frail but in doubles I don't leave home without it.
Bonus points if you TR with Jelli since you can keep healing it with Surf.
252+ SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Dusclops in Rain: 100-118 (35.2 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
This doesn't look like a lot but it really is considering it's unboosted and your other mon will be making a move. Clamperl is also slow enough to smash under TR if you want it to, at which point it turns nuclear.
+2 252+ SpA Deep Sea Tooth Clamperl Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Blissey in Rain: 382-451 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
>>
>>20458535
I always use Lumineon + Soak (it is its faster user) to help Shedinja to not die. It only works in Doubles. I use two Suicide Leads (Lickilicky with Normal Gem and Explosion and Accelgor with Final Gambit or a Destiny Bond and Protect to make sure they both fall dealing with TR users.

It works 80% of times. Mostly because this strategy is really underrated and because the Toxic user commonly dies in the first turn, because the player predicted the Shedinja in the start. If any weather user appears, Lumineon summons Rain in the first turn.
>>
>>20451697
Perish Trapper Dewgong

Dewgong @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD or 252 Def
Calm Nature
- Substitute
- Encore/Protect
- Whirlpool
- Perish Song

>Force switch with Encore
>Set-up Sub
>Use Whirlpool
>Perish Song

Mainly for lower tiers
>>
>>20467065
Every time I try to use Whirlpool for trapping purposes it misses.

The fuck is up with that 85% accuracy on such a weak move anyway.
>>
For double battle, a Froslass using min-damage Forst Breath on your Anger Point Tauros that is only like one speed point slower. Unexpected and fun.

I also like this team:

Regigigas @ Persim Berry
Ability: Slow Start
Adamant Nature
- Return
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake

Drifblim @ Leftovers/Focus Sash
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Skill Swap
- Swagger
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave

Just Skill Swap the Gigas, then Swagger him and sweep a team with unburden.
>>
>>20465754
>not switching out soaked toxiced Tyranitar
>setting up on Clear Smog user
>not switching from soaked heatran to scizor to absorb obvious toxic

list goes on, you played against a retard.
>>
>>20467627
Fuck, watched that till the end. That's 1500 rank OU. Damn son.

>>20466469
Contrary V-create [and that lucky sun], that's hilarious
>>
>>20452976
>>20454962
Not sure how the fuck greninja is getting crahammer or dark void.
>>
>>20467111
Use Smeargle for the Frost Breath instead. Does far less damage.
>>
>>20462647
>14
Calm to make up for its weak sp. defence
>>
Does Spooky Boogie still work?
>>
>>20468306
>stabmons
>>
>>20463103
my sides
>>
>>20452120
low ladder opponents are so retarded that you can defeat them with NU pokes.
>>
>>20468515
Too slow though.
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-151507432

I used a mega garde set I'd been wanting to test, but this was hilarious
>>
>>20462710
My fucking nigga. Flinccino is monster.
>>
I didn't think it was that uncommon but it surprises a looot of people so maybe it kinda is. I love to run Thunder Punch instead of Crunch on Scarf T-Tar. Leaves a lot of damage to switching water-types (even Rotom-W doesn't take it that well). Kills Talonflame if he somehow stays in though Stone Edge does too but is less reliable.
Crunch is nice but Pursuit is better to deal with Lati@s anyway and isn't so bad overall, so... Yep, got me to win quite a few battles.
>>
Adamant Iron Fist Pangoro
Black Belt
Hammer Arm, Crunch, Parting Shot, EQ (in case of electric types with static)

Umbreon with Baton Pass, Curse, Foul Play and Moonlight. The idea is to baton pass to Pangoro for the sweet sweet fuckeries.

Bronzong with Screens and clay and Trick Room.

Pangoro is now the fastest fucking thing and is a tank in just about every aspect.

The rest of my team is there for the sole purpose of backing up this idea.
>>
>>20469957
dat top quality rage
>>
Friendly bump so we don't lose this thread
>>
My current favorite gimmick is AncientPower/Fire Blast/Roost/Stored Power Togekiss.
20% chance to boost all your stats (and 100% chance to utterly destroy any Talonflame), Fire Blast to wreck things like Ferrothorn, Roost for roostan, and Stored Power for sweepan.
Really funny when someone brings in an Unaware Pokemon and they get destroyed by Stored Power.
Sadly, utterly walled by T-tar, but that's what you have the rest of your team for.
>>
>>20475150
Ominous Wind would be a good choice too if you have access to a Move Tutor.
>>
>>20469957
fun fight.

also, set i have been using in UU, very rewarding.

Maverick (Aggron) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Rock Head
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Aqua Tail
- Autotomize
- Earthquake

only weakness - priority. besides that we get very decent attack stat, blazing 398 speed [you can go jolly if you wanna be even faster], AWESOME stab, great coverage [that's why EQ and not second stab]

Maverick because that was Top Gun themed team

>>20474892
yeah, some marvelous stuff has been posted here, greatest thread i ever made - thanks to your exquisite deliverings anons, cheers!
>>
>>20475217
I was using it on Showdown, so there was plenty of access to moves. I just decided to use AncientPower due to Talonflame being on pretty much every team ever in OU.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 251x240px
>>20451791
>Mfw running sub+Attract Pyroar
>Mfw it works
>>
Yes a quite gimmicky set, but I have great experience with it:

Mew @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def
- Psychic
- Psyshock
- Transform
- Aura Sphere
>>
Dancing Lady (lilligant)
Ability: Own tempo @ Big root
EVs: 252 sp.atk
Modest Nature

-Petal dance
-Quiver Dance
-Teeter Dance
-Giga Drain
>>
http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oubeta-59719291

It's a damn shame this no longer works.
>>
>>20451697
Tried a triple battle rototiller, forest's curse gimmick team - it had too many moving parts and didn't work out too well, but yes, it involved Simple Bibarel, Trevenant and Florges - having to forest's curse both bibarel and florges was the annoying bit, and florges couldn't get the first attack boost from rototiller, or defense boost from flower shield.

really hoping to find a way to make this really work - but probably not possible unless these moves get better distribution.
>>
>>20476214
I have an even gimmickier set for Lilligant

item: big root
-quiver dance
-giga drain
-sleep powder
-dream eater
>>
Special Tauros is a great idea, here's a similar gimmick that I saw a long time ago.

Machamp@choice specs
252 HP/ 252 spa
Ability: No Guard
-Focus Blast
-Vacuum Wave
-Fire Blast
-HP Dark
>>
>>20475755
I used transform mew for awhile, it was fun.

@ Choice Scarf,
252 Speed/ 252 HP
Jolly/Timid nature

-U turn/Volt Switch
-Transform
-Me First
-Zen headbutt/Psychic/Psyshock/Whatever

I used it on a team with Ditto and Zoroark
>>
>>20476405
Why doesn't that work anymore? That looks kinda fun.
>>
gimmicks
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogondoubles-147159103
>>
>>20480700
I would guess Talonflame and its priority.
>>
>>20481821
because assist will fail on shadow force now
>>
Most recent featuring pika power
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-151745935
>>
File: 1406215348010.png (158KB, 270x255px) Image search: [Google]
1406215348010.png
158KB, 270x255px
>>20451728
>Anthro super saiyan jackals
>>
>>20480946
Gave me a chuckle with the dialogue
>>
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/oususpecttest-151760157 its impossible to win with the bomb squad. I tried.
>>
Togekiss@Leftovers
Calm
252 HP/252 SDef/4 Spe A
Thunder wave
Attract
Nasty Plot
Air Slash

Attract+T-wave then boost away. Usually pass some speed boosts from Scolipede first.
>>
>>20482726
Wait. So you win if your last poke kills the opponent and dies from recoil, but you lose if your last poke Explodes and kills?
That's bullshit.
>>
>>20451697
Unfezant (F) @ Power Herb
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Rivalry
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Attack/ 252 Speed
Attract
Sky Attack
Return/Night Slash
U-Turn

Can keep momentum up with U-Turn if gender match up is unfavorable or use Attract to force a switch. It's a really annoying set and enables the use of Sky Attack more with the opponent constantly switching to cure Attract.
>>
>>20483674
Not really. It determines a win through which pokemon faints first. If you use a recoil move you're obviously going to get hit after the opponent faints, but explosion make the user go do 0 hp before it even plays the animation
>>
File: horyshet.jpg (118KB, 759x759px) Image search: [Google]
horyshet.jpg
118KB, 759x759px
>>20454235
B-b-b-boomburst. I soiled myself watching Gardevoir.
>>
>>20483674
If your mon dies of recoil, it's a draw.
>>
>>20482036
This shit is why shell armor slowbro is a better wall.
>>
File: 289Slaking.png (142KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
289Slaking.png
142KB, 431x431px
In doubles, can't you just skill-swap Contrary onto this guy using Spinda and then Hammer-Arm your way to victory?
>>
Zoroark @Life Orb
252 Speed, 252 SpA, 4HP

Pick a moveset and put a Breloom in the last slot.

People always bitch at me that it's shitty but it fucks em up.
>>
>>20457522
dusclops is a must
>>
>>20486198
Carry Flamethrower and if your opponent has a grass 'mon on their team, pretty much a guaranteed KO
>>
>>20486169
That sounds amazing. Too bad its only doable with gen 3 or 4 TMs
>>
>>20486169
Yes, but you could also use mega kanga and have a tailwind user like aerodactyl, who is much more powerful than spinda.
Gimmicks in doubles that require one pokemon to basically be useless never work, ever. Unless you're playing against scrubs.
>>
What are some pokes where no one would ever see a substitute coming?

>>20486312
>not having a full savestate of every version in case you need something from somewhere
I think skill swap can be bought in gen 4. I recently had to do that aswell for my unburden-Regigias set.
>>
Drifblim @ Power Herb
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Phantom Force
- Acrobatics
- Explosion
- Substitute

Just swept with it on battle spot.
T7JG-WWWW-WWW9-3S5N
>>
>>20486329
No one expects substitute from zoroark as shedinja.
>>
>>20486169
Protean Kecleon with skill swap would also be good i would think
>>
>>20486304
Always do. I ran Extrasensory for a while too and it was somehow not shit. Prefer a fighting move though.

Also Yveltal 159-160BP sucker punch

Why is that a thing? I got a hasty one from fucking around but my god that special set is amazing.

>>20458070
Damage doubles? It thought it was like 1.5x?

>>20486346
Tried that once. Opponent dc'd immediately.
>>
>>20486346
That sounds fun as fuck, but I dislike Zoroark.
>>
Blaziken @ Focus Sash
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpD / 252 Spe
Careful Nature
- Counter
- Protect
- Reversal
- Baton Pass
>>
>>20486169
skill swap with gardevoir then mega evole, no more truant
>>
>>20486326
Then why not switch Spinda out for a support?
>>
File: 1406608238225.jpg (1MB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1406608238225.jpg
1MB, 800x1000px
>>20466552
TR?

I want to make a madoka themed team

Diance - Madoka
Audino - Kyubey
??? - Sayaka
??? - Homura
Dunsparce - Mami
??? - Kyoko

HMK: any one could be Cloyster

Give me mons for the other three and I'll do something
>>
Some Unburden sets, pretty fun to use if you can pull them off right:

Hawlucha @ Red Card
252HP/252atk/4 in speed or defenses
Adamant Nature
Unburden
-Swords Dance
-High Jump Kick
-Acrobatics
-Roost/Any other move that may fit your preference

Basically set up SD against a quick offensive poke, they hit, get swapped out by red card, hawlucha gets unburden boost, next guy gets rekt by either hjk or acro, and continue to sweep

Slurpuff @ Sitrus Berry
252 atk/252 spe/6 sp atk
Naughty Nature
Unburden
-Belly Drum
-Play Rough
-Return
-Flamethrower

This one is more known, but a cool way to use get an easy sweep on a team once pulled off right. Set up drum, heal up, rough or return your way through, if you run into ferrothorn or feel a scizor switch is gonna happen, use flamethrower.
>>
>>20480946
fun
>>
>>20486554
Trick Room
>>
>>20486780
Mons not moves
>>
This is my favorite STABmons team of all time.
http://pastebin.com/r6XSBa8t
>>
>>20486787
he was explaining what TR means, sillyface
>>
>>20486793
I'm a dumb

>>20486780
My apologies
>>
>>20486800
its ok
it's all good man
it's all good
>>
>>20486554
Sayaka is a shiny gardevoir. Homura is Gothorita, Kyoko I dont know
>>
>>20459163
>http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-20651579

Jesus Christ dat spinda tho
8/10 gimmick need to see how that works against a team that isn't mono bug
>>
Avalugg
Any -Speed nature
EVS: Attack, Defense 252
Item: Red Card
Attacks: Avalanche (always use first). Recover, Toxic and Gyro Ball
>>
>>20462801
Cosmic Power Clefable is the real winner.

Cosmic/Stored Power, Charge Beam, and Softboiled. Awesome. Works most of the time. Once they haven't Roar you can stall them out.
>>
>>20489637
Just tried it. It's shit.
>>
I wonder how shedinja with a soak seaking with lightning rod would work?
>>
>>20491034
Be sure to give him safety goggles and paralysis so he won't take passive damage. Might work in triples, but requires a lot of set up.
>>
>>20491034
It's easier to skill swap him sturdy
>>
File: Premier's_Sylveon_Attract[1].png (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Premier's_Sylveon_Attract[1].png
2MB, 1280x720px
A team based around Attract. How could that work?

The obvious hurdles are dealing with generless pokemon, and needing one pokemon of each gender to use attract.
>>
>>20491330
Add t wave and confuse a lot too to really abuse rng.

Could be fun but based on a lot of luck
>>
>>20491351
Shit if we are using Attract, use Glare.
>>
LIVE!
>>
>>20491433
why
>>
>>20494105
Fits the theme.
>>
Why would anyone use Thunder Wave over Nuzzle? Except for Pranksters
>>
>>20494105
for maximum frustration?
>>
>>20494170
because only 6 shitmons get nuzzle
>>
H
>>
>>20464923
>Latias
>Without Reflect Type
I guess stall is something of the past.
>>
File: 1341900679961.png (38KB, 231x231px) Image search: [Google]
1341900679961.png
38KB, 231x231px
I like clefairy and I like metronome. How do I build around metronome?
>>
>>20496945
---Clefable---
BOOM BOOM V2 (Clefable) @ Leppa Berry
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 188 Def / 252 HP / 68 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Cosmic Power
- Soft-Boiled
- Metronome
- Recycle
>>
>>20497053
I like it.
>>
I am back with another replay. This is one of the longer ones. Traded out Gourgeist for a Whimsicott since even a SE STAB attack couldn't down a mon. I've effectively turned my team into one of stall.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-152153246
>>
I just got a shiny dedenne through wonder trade and I'm not sure I can even find a gimmicky set for this guy. Impish with 31 in both spatt and spdef, cheek pouch.

I should go the annoying little shit route with double team, attract, nuzzle, and swagger holding a salac berry.

Or I could substitute down until I activate a liechi berry, heal a bit from it, then play rough/wild charge/thief.

but this just sound super ineffective at best, and utterly worthless at worst.
>>
aerodactyl holding a king's rock.
moves: iron head, fire/ice/thunder fang, rock slide, and earthquake
nickname: flinch king
>>
>>20500721
That sounds awful.
>>
>>20500721
Kinda meh. I used to Run one for doubles but flinch chance isn't enough. Everything with a King's Rock, good speed -or speed control on your end-, and flinching moves can do this. I don't even think it's a gimmick, it's just a bad set. Use Serene Grace abuser for flinch chance, no doubt.
>>
>>20503000
Jirachi with Serene Grace and King's Rock
>>
File: SandStorm57312170.jpg (19KB, 750x493px) Image search: [Google]
SandStorm57312170.jpg
19KB, 750x493px
>>20451697
I actually won like 2 battle spot matches on showdown with this

Sandstorm Greninja
Physical greninja with assault vest
-Rock Slide
-Shadow Sneak/u-turn
-Power up Punch/u-turn
-Water Shuriken/u-turn

The main move here is to spam rock slide for rock typing/flinching. In Sandstorm your sp def becomes actually useable with the assault vest without sacrificing evs in speed or attack.
>>
>>20503015
That, Togekiss, Flinch Hax in general aren't that gimmick of a set. I used Air Slash Togekiss instead of the Aerodactyl back in gen V, just didn't go into details because those set aren't gimmicky.
>>
>>20503131
nice thinking

I'm about [well im still breeding] to go on a BM run with autotomize Aggron, Paraflinchino and modest AVB. Wonder if i get stomped on 20+ fight, go crazy far or what.
>>
Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Shell Armor
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Atk/ 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Stockpile
- Synthesis/Rest
- Earthquake
- Seed Bomb/Wood Hammer/Stone Edge

Right, so I developed this a few days ago. Basically, Stockpile to boost both of your defenses (it's literally Cosmic Power that works until you hit +3/+3). You can actually avoid getting KO'd by things with STAB Ice attacks like Abomasnow this way. The only thing you have to make sure of is that the opposing team has no setup sweepers that resist your attacking moves. Synthesis recovers any damage you might take for when Leftovers isn't enough. Alternatively you can use Rest to avoid Status from walls (especially Burn), though Synthesis should be fine so long as you have a cleric. Earthquake is necessary STAB attack. Finally, you have the choice to either complete the EdgeQuake combo, or run Grass STAB. Wood Hammer destroys Ground-type and Water-type walls, though the recoil isn't very good considering you're trying to promote longevity. Seed Bomb, albeit weaker, does have some merit in that it can still handle the aforementioned types without any drawbacks.

Thoughts?
>>
>>20452689
I faced this set before.
I don't remember what I used to attack it (but it was a setup mon), then red card activated.
I cried.
And then, Skarmory came up. With full life.
Take that Sturdy back mothafucka!
>>
>>20505997
That's not gimmick, that's set-up sweeper.
>>
>>20506298
>What to post: fun builds, new ways to use forgotten pokemon, things that actually can be useful [of course we're not expecting tearing apart OU teams, just something that is not dead-weight on your team]
>>
>>20506298
set up wallosweeper... thingie? quite easy to shutdown :<

captcha: judges alMeso
>>
>>20453931
>Ghosts are immune to all kinds of trapping, including Infestation.
When I used this set, Taunt Gengar cockblocked it
>>
>>20456198
Why Cresselia, when you can M-Mawile Psych Up on Terrakion Turn 1?
>>
>>20506402
yeah, they are immune to trapping effect, not the move itself. with infestation you just can trap more pokemon then with sand tomb [flying types], fire spin [flash fire] etc
>>
Anyone have any ideas for a Carnivine?
>>
>>20477173
The real gimmick Tauros is the set I used back in BW NU
Naive, 252 Atk/Spe, 4 SAtk with Fire Blast as 4th move.
Eviolite Tangela never expected the OHKO
Thread posts: 307
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.