[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smtg/ - Shin Megami Tensei General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 5

File: 42440709489320849032.gif (30KB, 608x479px) Image search: [Google]
42440709489320849032.gif
30KB, 608x479px
>Starter guide
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10886965/smtstarterguide.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/qqxkrWFh

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/fgVp423S

OST need re-up apparently

>Misc. Translations
http://pastebin.com/LHKVLNQB

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
http://pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

Last thread: >>94699837
>>
Chaos a best.
Law a shit.
Neutralbest route.
>>
Devil Summoner games make me sleepy
>>
>>94774058
Cute as fuck OP pic.
>>
File: nakajima.png (2KB, 124x126px) Image search: [Google]
nakajima.png
2KB, 124x126px
>>94733195
>MT1 you can skip

C A S U A L S C U M
>>
Should I buy Strange Journey? I can see Atlus rereleasing it for the 3DS eventually though.
>>
Is it just me, or are the characters of DS2 pretty much DS1 characters all over again, barring a few differences?

Abel > Bunny (Even more so in Break Record)
Yuzu > Io (Pretty clear)
Atsuro > Daichi/Fumi (Split between the computer person and best friend role)
Naoya > Yamato (Silver haired Chaos representative who knows more than he's letting on)
Misaki > Makoto (Soldier who follows her duty)
Mari > Otome (Nurse of the group)
Kaido > Keita (Literally the same fucking person)
Amane > Miyako (Oh, hey. A waif girl who's actually harboring a monster inside her body and is determined to save the world)
Midori > Hinako (Annoying attention whore)

And so on.
>>
>>94778662
Fuck off.
>>
>>94778406
That just made me remember how much I like the first game more, although I think some of the characters are more different then you let on, for example, despite fulfilling the same role, Yuzu is much more annoying then Io, who I just found kind of bland, and Hinako and Midori have extremely different personalities and motivations. On the other hand, Keita is Kaido if you removed anything decent about Kaido and turned him into the blandest, most psychopathic cardboard cutout ever.
>>
>>94778406
Switch Io and Daichi around, because Daichi is the one doing most of the whining in DeSu2.
>>
I got the P1 and P2 English guides, and shit is all black and white. What a disappointment.
>>
>>94778048
>I can see Atlus rereleasing it for the 3DS eventually though.
Then buy it again later on.
>>
>>94778406
Yuzu and Io are nothing alike. Daichi is much more like Yuzu.
Yamato isn't even Chaos.
I don't see the similarity between Midori and Hinako.

The rest are kind of accurate though.
>>
>>94781160

>Wants a world where the talented rule
>not Chaos

That's pretty much one of the major themes of Chaos: Survival of the fittest.

If anything, it's Naoya who's less Chaos aligned. He just wants God to butt out of human affairs permanently, and is more than happy to accept a Neutral end.
>>
>>94778406

What makes Bunny more like Abel in Break Record?
>>
>>94781647

In Record Breaker, Bunny can become an Administrator, much like how Abel could become the King of Bel.
>>
>>94747553
>there is no orden's patch for II

He made an incomplete one.
>>
So when are scientology demons going to be introduced in Shin Megami Tensei?
>>
>>94782518
After we send some of the designers to a Scientology conference and they come back to Atlus with some great news!
>>
>>94781574
Except a Meritocracy is based on you getting your position based on skill and strength. Incompetent people or those who cheated their way to the top will not be placed in positions above their power.

And as a shota shows, the strong will lead and protect the weak under them at the expense of their own life if needed. Chaosfag Darwinist are all "Tough Luck faggot".

Plus you can't compare mainline alignments with spinoff games routes, because it gets blurry as fuck because Chaos does not equal world of str in most spinoffs. Which is why the logic doesn't work.
>>
>>94781574
Yamato was all about imposing order upon humanity and brainwashing them to acquire it. He's not trying to overthrow Polaris or anything.

That role belongs to Alcor, the real chaosfag who unlocks Asura and Lucifer through his Fate, and all fate demons are connected with the character.

Miyako even got Sandalphon, the loser sibling of Metatron in Break Record.
>>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QQ2Py5h1xQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7cU8ucDj3E

At least Soejima hasn't gotten rusty by only doing Persona music lately.
>>
>>94784310
>Soejima
Fuck I meant Meguro.
>>
File: 1391074209278.jpg (10KB, 242x357px) Image search: [Google]
1391074209278.jpg
10KB, 242x357px
>>94784395
>>
File: DeSu2.png (14KB, 514x466px) Image search: [Google]
DeSu2.png
14KB, 514x466px
>>94784220
>>94784104
>>94781574
>>94781160
>>
>>94786125
Perfect
>>
>>94786125
Missing Daichi
>>
Hey smtg, is any of the SMT4 DLC worth buying?

I think there is one that makes the game easy mode? I'd like to avoid that, but if there is some DLC that adds more challenging content I'd be happy to buy that.
>>
>>94786737
I don't know where to put him. Pure neutral?

Besides, it would have messed up the symmetry.
>>
>>94786835
Don't buy the money DLC. There's too much money in the game as it is.
>>
>>94786908
Yes.
>>
>>94786835
I know the "Ancient of Days" boss lets you get a skill called Spiritual Focus midway through a playthrough, it stacks with concentrate and triples magic damage (Yes, 600% total damage).

That would be pretty game-breaking but I never bought any of the DLC.
>>
>>94786835
>>94787018
Don't listen to this faggot, out of all the things to be hard in IV, it's getting money, get that one so fiend hunting can go by quicker
>>
Fuck Persona
>>
>>94788897
Which one?
>>
>>94789242
Your favorite
>>
>>94789242
How does money help in fiend hunting?
>>
>>94789386
Sorry, reply to
>>94788342
>>
>>94789386
It's not the money, the DLC itself makes it easier, when you start any grinding DLC, it resets the RNG, so you don't have to leave the room. I was saying you might as well get the money DLC since money is difficult to get, and the full Demonica set is over a million
>>
>>94786835
The grinding DLC is useful for getting fiends to spawn. It's also pretty necessary if you want to get the DLC bosses done with in a reasonable amount of time. I'd say pretty much everything except the armor DLC is good, although the armor can also come in handy for said DLC bosses.

Basically just get the boss DLCs and when the time comes, see if you really need the ability to grind up macca quickly/some kind of special resistances.
>>
>>94789803
Really? I didn't know this. Thanks.
>>
Like I said before, I'm having dinner with some old friends.
It's surprising... Most of them are already married, and almost half of them have kids. They're all showing off pictures of their families and it makes me feel left out.
Maybe it's time for us to get out of our "comfort zone" too.
>>
>>94790167
/ksg/ or /r9k/?
>>
>>94790167
Did you mean to post this on /r9k/?
>>
>>94790214
>>94790218
It's a quote from Catherine you faggots
>>
>>94790381
Not SMT
>>
File: 1391300857502.png (23KB, 438x469px) Image search: [Google]
1391300857502.png
23KB, 438x469px
>>94790214
>>94790218
Catherine confirmed for robot.

>>94790414
>>
>>94790167
9-2 on Hard is such bullshit
>>
>>94790594
Just started the game on hard, I want to get all endings, is it really that bad?
>>
>>94790789
If you're relying on playthroughs to get all levels on gold, 9-2 is gonna be a piece of shit
>>
>>94778406
I don't see it. Fulfilling basic roles does not same character make.
>>
>>94784104
>>94784220
Yamato doesn't impose order. The ending makes it very clear his world is in-the-moment and you're free to act however you please if you're strong enough. It really emphasised that nothing was set in stone and you could enter strife at any time. You were living on the edge. It shows some will use their strength for good, and some just as much for bad. Don't use that kid's personal choice as an example of how the society as a whole is run while ignoring how it shows examples of clear darwinism happening as well. Also that "brainwashing" involves removing empathy from humanity to get his dog-eat-dog world.

I can't tell if you people are willingly ignorant or what.
>>
Speaking of Yamato, a week or so ago, some people here were wondering about Yamato's eccentric behaviour in the ending scene of his Triangulum route.

After he becomes self-aware of just how badly he's socially retarded after multiple failed attempts at casual socialization with your friends, he decides to travel so he can discover the world and understand normal society better. That's presumably why he was throwing darts at the globe map and had clothes on his couch in the ending.

Also if you want, you can choose to say you'll go with him, which causes him to become ecstatic and blurt out something rather gay.
>>
>>94793082
He's some sort of dark-law/chaos hybrid.
While he manipulates Polaris to get what he wants, his motivations are chaos-driven and the end result is a slightly more practical world of STR than the usual, basically a world of STR for real life, like Ronaldo was law made to work for real life.
Yamato and Ronaldo's routes were real-world politically influenced rather than the usual megaten religious fare.
>>
Is there some way to increase how often Omoikane will spawn or something in DDS?
>>
>>94778406
>the "best friend" character is similar
Really? I've never noticed. Junpei and Yosuke are such completely different characters, as are these two.

It's not like every best friend character is some retard who does stupid shit all the time. That's never happened.
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.