[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/smtg/ - Shin Megami Tensei General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1ad0eb0a24c6be5499651e0ed09d777b.jpg (147KB, 1000x805px) Image search: [Google]
1ad0eb0a24c6be5499651e0ed09d777b.jpg
147KB, 1000x805px
>Starter guide
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10886965/smtstarterguide.png

>Tips and tricks
http://pastebin.com/qqxkrWFh

>Artbook, soundtrack, manga, and other downloads
http://pastebin.com/fgVp423S

OST need re-up apparently

>Misc. Translations
http://pastebin.com/LHKVLNQB

>Booru
http://smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended Reading
http://pastebin.com/YppqPPjf

Last thread:>>93290369
>>
File: 1405977590456.gif (919KB, 350x232px) Image search: [Google]
1405977590456.gif
919KB, 350x232px
I want to fuck Mirai
>>
>>93432275
I choose this one, for OP is actually SMT and not Peronsa
>>
>>93432319
But does Mirai want to fuck you?
>>
>>93432415
You're under the impression she would have a choice.
>>
>>93432485
So you're going to rape poor Mirai? How cruel.
>>
>>93432224
I'm sorry first OP, but glorious Asherah T&A beats out the bone-phone in my book.
Also, you only capitalized Tensei, and that bothers me.
>>
>>93432638
get out
>>
>>93432256

There are some things that hint at mem aleph being part of the great will. YHVH's relation with the great will parallels kabbalah's description of YHVH's relation to the ein sof. And mem aleph is literally taken directly from kabbalah, and is another emanation of YHVH that in kabbalah helped create the world. And her design is very obviously meant to call to mind the appearance of yhvh.

YHVH has been called an arrogant god and one who dethroned other gods to get his position since the first game. And SJ even talks about the ones who were dethroned being the mothers. And kagutsuchi says that the great will once granted the world freedom. This isn't conclusive, but its enough to put together that she at one point may have been an avatar of it like yhvh. But yhvh deciding that chaos was too destructive got rid of her.

So if the great will is eternally existing and beyond all gods, that could mean that mem aleph was simply an original part of it.
>>
>>93432224
>/smtg/ - shin megami Tensei general
>/v/

And this thread is full of Mirai shitposting, great.
Please guys, continue the discussion from last thread or start a new interesting one.
>>
>>93432839
Yeah, this is what I was thinking of. when it comes to the upper echelons of beings in SMT, all of them would have to have a common origin.
>>
>>93432975

And atlus isn't stupid. The choice to use the kabbalah letters of creation which are another emanation of the ein sof, which the great will is directly based on are probably not a coincidence.
>>
File: just hanging out.png (150KB, 623x372px) Image search: [Google]
just hanging out.png
150KB, 623x372px
>>
>>93433192
>>93432975
SMT also likes to play and have its own take on mythology.

If I recall right the interviews for II even mentioned that the Sephiroth in the world of SMT was inspired by Makai, rather than the other way around.

So making a completely assumption about such things is nice for a fan theory, but whether it's a true fact is another matter.

I wouldn't be surprised if the artbook for SJ had details about her and her origins.

http://dijeh.tumblr.com/post/88995324523/part-three-and-last-of-the-smt-ii-interview
>>
>>93432975

By extension, this could change the context of what actually happened during the "war in heaven." Maybe it was originally one side and it split in two, and law are simply the ones who won. Or maybe law was even the rebellious side, and they ended up usurping the original chaos side.

Lucifer also said originally that he was a small piece of god that god discarded. He may simply mean that he is a part of the great will in some sense, since everything is. But who knows what it might mean more directly.
>>
>>93433517
Even the idea of what Heaven is, or that there's only one heaven which YHVH rules, is also not quite accurate. There's likely several Heavens ruled by deities of their respective mythology. Just as Valhalla is its own world or the Diamond Realm.
>>
>>93433578

In buddhism and hinduism and even some jewish literature its a given that there are multiple heavens. In this, we may simply be dealing with realms owned by different gods. But the story of the angels and yhvh and what happened is obviously a specific story. Maybe from the "highest" heaven. Or maybe they are semi horizontal, and although this story is big to them, the other gods kind of ignore it. It seems like the great will, as well as the angels and lucifer in context are too large scale to be something that does not influence and interact with much of the pantheons. Considering that their story is the main basis of two of the three main general "sides." And arguably more, if you count mastema as now being a neutral representative.
>>
>>93433884
I wouldn't really call Mastema Neutral. Ultimately he's still working for YHVH. He could be becoming more Neutral though.
>>
Any new demons confirmed in Break Record yet?

Oddly the Wiki page for Mother Harlot says she's in, but I don't see that anywhere else.
>>
>>93435602
Those DRR ""demons"" are in. Are you counting those?
>>
>>93435662
No. Especially as I doubt they'll even be in our version.
>>
>>93435729
Atlus'll probably change them to Persona 4 guys for the western release.
>>
>there is BR DLC for maps to battle on to grind Macca
Uh... Are free battles DLC now?
>>
>>93435797
It's grinding DLC.

Macca, Addons, skills, etc.

It costs money.
>>
>>93435751
Please no.

Now that you said that, it's almost guaranteed Teddie will be in.
>>
>>93435848
But that's what free battles are for. Why would you buy something that's already in a game you already paid more than full price for?
>>
>>93435934
Cause it'll give a ton more than a free battle?
>>
>>93435964
But why would I need that? Who is this for? It's not like you ever need to grind in DeSu, and even if you wanted to the option is already there. I'd feel like I was cheating a game that's already easy.
>>
>>93436050
>Who is this for?

Casuals/impatient/rich ppl.
>>
>>93436050
>Who is this for?
Same people who buy SMTIV non-story DLCs. The people who don't want to waste their time playing a video game and are glad that they don't lose any progress when they die but still get butthurt when Charon laughs at them.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.