[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

RPG Maker General #50 - /rpgmg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 61

File: Wow Dragon.jpg (165KB, 534x536px) Image search: [Google]
Wow Dragon.jpg
165KB, 534x536px
"What is our Progress." Edition

Previous thread: >>86473805

Getting started
https://docs.google.com/document/d/14ignTofv_bDRVHPUk9_sEpLUjuFyxpuy2Cr9mXDwkb0/

Demo/Full Game Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/fQnGVQTR

Recommended RPGM Games
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Rpg_Maker_Games

XP/VX/VXA RTP
http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/download/additional/run-time-packages

Art Resources (to be updated)
http://pastebin.com/FgVGxTqW

Updated DLC Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/D1Nr8Zwd

Humble Bundle DLC
https://mega.co.nz/#F!eJQEWLiC!Y66_MZgvuwB2ZUn2m6GzSQ

Game Character Hub
https://mega.co.nz/#!fcoTACRL!HfSdW_Y7yAjGrSbE143VzPqPqbxKZM8SF1j4RrcNrIo

RPG Maker VX Ace Master Script List
http://rmvxace.wikia.com/wiki/RPG_Maker_VX_Ace_Master_Script_List

Yanfly's Scripts
https://github.com/Archeia/YEARepo

---

IRC : #/vgrpg/ @ Rizon
Web Client : http://www.mibbit.com/#/vgrpg/@irc.rizon.net

----
NaGaMaMo 2! Information here: http://pastebin.com/J4PCH9BB
>>
https://mega.co.nz/#!7Fgi1QoZ!oab4icxrxqfdGKOqrA4ZrWrFmjp4sVgJNmA7AxCf1c8

Marpix's demo from last thread

>Wild West Tiles Pack: uploaded dot net /file /wp43xk2f
>Some of the other things missing from the top post can be found on this German forum here:
boerse dot to /thema /rpg-maker-alle-versionen.1069089/
or go to boerse dot to and search for RPG Maker alle
>>
File: theonewithharpiesinit-22.png (58KB, 1300x1280px) Image search: [Google]
theonewithharpiesinit-22.png
58KB, 1300x1280px
Post maps.
>>
>>87073945
I'm taking my first java class and have finals next week

How do I get into this vidya game making shit you guys
>>
>>87077357
Come back next week. Focus on your finals, man.
And also /rpgmg/ != /agdg/
>>
Since it's the only PVGames set you don't have in the pastebin, I'll share you my recently acquired Monster Legacy Pack.

https://mega.co.nz/#!tsFBDaCb!qDFwx7QDmT3GMazHbEYutJ1uYd1RCYMEi_geTsmbs7E
>>
File: bushidocharacters.png (262KB, 1316x623px) Image search: [Google]
bushidocharacters.png
262KB, 1316x623px
Hey everyone. I've been juggling a bunch of ideas and can't really decide what I want to do most.

So here I am, posting up my entire plot outline for my Samurai game idea.

I kindly ask that you not rip it off wholesale, but I would like some feedback. Does it sound interesting? Do you find any plot holes? Do you feel that anything just doesn't really make sense?

Wall of text ahoy!

http://pastebin.com/4wTnvyzT

[Spoiler]And yes, you are supposed to find the main character to be an utter fucking selfish fucktard at the start of the game.[/spoiler]

Included is an image showing you who is who.
>>
>>87082289
Added
>>
So did anyone ever get Luna Engine to share?
>>
>>87073945
I want to get into making RPGs, but last time I checked, VX Ace was fucking $70, is there a cheap or free version I could I get? Maybe the 2000-2003 versikns?
>>
>>87083358
Wait till the Autumn (next week) or Winter Steam sales. It usually goes on sale for 75% off.

Also no, 2k/2k3 were never officially released here.
>>
>>87083358
And you can try the VX Ace Lite version (not the demo) until the full version is on sale.
>>
>>87083612
>>87083972
but why is it $70? What so good about it that it costs $70 fucking dollars
>>
>>87084068
The RPG Maker devs like to pretend that it's because of all these people that need to be paid for the work on the game, but really it's so that they can inflate the price to absurd prices so that when they put it on sale, it comes out to a reasonable price - the price they actually want for it. Nobody ever pays full price.
>>
>>87084068
>>87084182
I'll ever understand why people expect things to be cheap just because they don't consider said things worthy of their price. People really love to complain.
>>
>>87084394
Do you really expect me to pay $70 for game that was $10 on the PS2?
>>
>>87084446
Do whatever you want, actually. Why not use the one on PS2 then ?
>>
>>87084504
If you wanted other people to play the game you, the other person would have to have the game as well, and you'd have to give the other person your memory card
>>
>>87084584
Yeah, I know that. That wasn't exactly the point of my question. Well, in the end, you can either use the very limited lite version of Ace, of wait for it to be on sale. Which I guess will happen soon. I don't really know what else to say.
>>
>>87084584
>Kaneko
>>
>>87084446
The console versions of RPG Maker are toys in comparison.
The PC version, you can actually make a program that you can distribute and sell, and change the actual programming of, so it's not really fair to compare them.
>>
File: 4map.png (424KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
4map.png
424KB, 640x416px
>>87074548
Here's four.
>>
>>87084068
Are you aware of how much most full game development engines cost?

It's like $500 for the full version of gamemaker. This shit isn't cheap to develop homie. Programming takes a fuckton of time and thinking as you're about to find out when you go to make a game
>>
>>87095641
Isnt the new UDK license like 100 dollars monthly per seat now? i dont remember what but its fucking silly.
>>
>>87095641
>Programming takes a fuckton of time and thinking
+ making art and music assets.
>>87097782
Game dev software appeals to a much smaller audience than mainstream games but probably costs a similar amount to produce, and they still need to make that money back. It's not surprising that the price is going to be the same or more.
>>
File: gas-station-sofar5.png (437KB, 639x444px) Image search: [Google]
gas-station-sofar5.png
437KB, 639x444px
Well, the door on it is depressingly bad but at leas the rest of the map is decent. Another map complete.
>>
>>87099004
Yeah no doubt, but it was advertised for smaller indies rather than megacorps. And switching to a monthly pay structure is actually a detriment to indies.

RPGM's one time payment of 70 isnt bad comparably, and it goes on sale pretty regularly.
>>
File: shitfuckassdongs.png (617KB, 1198x432px) Image search: [Google]
shitfuckassdongs.png
617KB, 1198x432px
>>
>>87102335
well shit, i forgot to type. now i just look like a rude arsehole.
anyway, i didn't wanna make it too ambitious considering it's my first actual project. turn-based battles, yanfly scripts, free-to-use & RTP sound/music, so i can focus on making it look nice.
>>
>>87102335
Mix between Spike and Ed? That'd be interesting to see. A lot of parts of their personalities contrast most notably that Ed loses his cool a lot and Spike's seen some shit and rarely let's his emotions effect him.

Or is it two mcs?
>>
>wake up
>old thread is dead
Every time
>>
>>87105249
it's the same guy, but time-skipped.
starts off as a cocky, hot-blooded kid who wants to be some famous explorer. then he fucks up, spoilers happen, and there's a time skip to when he's a man.
he got his dream of being an adventurer, but the experience years ago has kinda messed him up, so now he just tries to live off any work he can find.
>>
>>87082369
>main character to be an utter fucking selfish fucktard at the start of the game
LUKE 2.0. I actually like Luke's character development, so I like it. The plot reminds me a bit of Chronicles of the Sword from SCIII and I loved that. There's no part of that wall of text I didn't love and I especially liked the ending.
>>
File: swapnote.png (32KB, 291x406px) Image search: [Google]
swapnote.png
32KB, 291x406px
>>87107376
Never lose faith, anon.
Just keep posting.
>>
>>87074225
Not my game, just reposted it to give it some more exposure. I've yet to touch VX Ace, lol.
>>
>>87107376
its friday, most other threads gain more bumps.
But new thread, new posts ^^
>>
Guys how does one make a fun Action RPG?

I like Violated Heroine's combat but it quickly boils down to spamming space bar till everything is dead. Any ideas?
>>
>>87109928
It's been so long...
>>
>>87108243
Yeah he's actually inspired by Luke. A foolish hero who gets on everybody's nerves with his selfishness and naivety, who's actions end up causing untold chaos and death and he goes on a journey to remedy it, only to realize that he's been strung along the entire time.

A lot of people hate Luke, but honestly I really like his story. He's not a perfect flawless hero like most JRPGs have. Even the flawed ones tend to be "oh something terrible happened in my past", but Luke's actions affect the here and now and he and many others pay for it.

So people first hate Luke because he's a selfish, rich spoiled brat. Then they hate him because he gets depressed for the next several hours after he accidentally nukes a town. Then they hate him because he tries to atone and constantly beats himself up over it. I though that was very human. To be manipulated. To want to atone for your actions even if it wasn't entirely your fault. So I wanted to make my main character like that.
>>
File: 1397580693584.png (81KB, 208x192px) Image search: [Google]
1397580693584.png
81KB, 208x192px
I'm trying to make a guest system like SMTIV where guest party members will use a random skill after each turn.

I managed to have skills be forced after each turn, but the problem is that this relies on forcing current party members on the field to attack; force action from someone not in the scene does not do anything.

Any ideas how to go about this?
>>
G-guys

The artwork is taking up all of my dev time

what i wouldnt give to have text based games be popular
>>
File: huh.png (233KB, 639x417px) Image search: [Google]
huh.png
233KB, 639x417px
>>87143495
The graphics made are fine too, most people that play your game aren't going to play it for the AAA graphics
>>
>>87143793
well sure but some things in the game I need to design myself because somehow the DLC packs dont have anything close to them

It's doable, but holy shit i spend hours on one 32x32 sprite
>>
>>87143913
Speed comes with practice. There's really no other way around it.
>>
>>87137996
Perhaps have a script that calls an enemy reinforcement before turn 1 that has no battler and can't be selected to attack. That enemy will have max speed so it'll always attack before the enemies and it'll use custom attacks that all target ally/allies.
>>
>>87137996
Reminds me of DS version of FFIII. Uh maybe set up a common event with the skill, have a condition that's dependent on whose in the party and have just throw that common event on every troop in the game at the end of a battle turn.
>>
>>87143495
a game isnt easy
>>
>>87082369
Can I get some more feedback on my plot, please?
>>
File: 1400173631942.png (43KB, 150x150px) Image search: [Google]
1400173631942.png
43KB, 150x150px
>>87145624
>>87146115
Based on 1st anon's suggestion, I figured out a solution: have each troop's Index 1 be a placeholder for the guest, set it to appear halfway, then force action at the end of every turn. Thanks guys for the help.

So uh, on a different note, anyone want to give critique on my battle theme concept? ;~;

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1WatjSFxNKo
>>
File: 9082595.jpg (21KB, 358x378px) Image search: [Google]
9082595.jpg
21KB, 358x378px
>>87082369
You should change your emperors to daimyos. There is only ever one emperor in japan at a time.
>>
>>87158608
How does that help when the guest isn't in the party though?
>>
File: 2d.jpg (32KB, 377x421px) Image search: [Google]
2d.jpg
32KB, 377x421px
>>87160708
Well, if they aren't in the party, I just have a conditional branch that stops any action from that index. (If Actor X not in party, exit event)
I'm using the troop event pages to force action, not AI, so it's k.

(Unless you're getting at something I'm not aware of yet...)
>>
>>87161425
Nah, it's fine. You just did it in the reverse way I was thinking of. Hooray for versatility!
>>
>>87159753
Well it's not REALLY Japan. It's like... mock-Japan, but I see what you mean.
>>
File: 1345033696171.jpg (95KB, 477x500px) Image search: [Google]
1345033696171.jpg
95KB, 477x500px
>>87082369
>>87157534

Sure, why not.

>Despite being skilled enough to even take on the leader of the Hasegawa samurai squad - a man named Ryoma, Hasegawa will not allow Hiro to join the samurai. He claims that he is not yet ready. He is strong, but immature and reckless.
So does Nagashu's military not have any system for training recruits? If you're not already a good soldier, you can just fuck off? How did they not instantly lose this war?

>Hiro tells Kanae his plan. She thinks it is reckless and crazy and could lead to unforseen consequences.
I'm pretty sure the consequences of assassinating the leader of a country are all easily foreseen as being really bad to begin with.

>Along the way, they pass through a village in the Nagashu territory. It has been attacked by demons and evil spirits, and Hiro and Kanae offer to subdue them.
This better contribute something to plot or character development, other than just being something to fill the gap between plot points/character recruitment.

>The two of them continue on through a mountain pass - the border of Yawaman, when they are ambushed by a group of Yawaman soldiers.
Why? Are these soldiers just dicks?

>They are quickly saved by a mysterious girl named Rei, who kills the lot of the soldiers without any effort.
Why? Does she just hate dicks?

>Rei turns out to be an assassin, on a mission to kill "a certain someone" within Yawaman.
How to Be An Effective Assassin:
Step 1: DON'T TELL PEOPLE YOU'RE A FUCKING ASSASSIN.

>Rei notices that Kanae looks familiar, but can't quite place who she is. When asked her name, Kanae tells her that her name is "Kana"
This princess is fucking retarded.

>They break in the castle, and Hiro inadvertently sets off an alarm, causing the whole place to go wild searching for them.
If you could use nightingale floors for the alarms, it'd be a really nice touch.
>>
>>87168473

>Rei says she will accompany them as far as Kotoyama, but after that, she will split up with them. This isn't her land or her problem
1)Rei has stated she isn't from Nagashu
2)She planned to kill the emperor of Yawaman, so she's probably not from there.
3)By process of elimination, there's a strong possiblity she's from the only other remaining country, Kotoyama, which the party is now actively invading, but Hiro and Kanae don't seem to realize this.

>She admits that she didn't know that "Kana" was Kanae until they arrived at Nagashu
This assassin is fucking retarded.

>Turns out Rei and Shiina are lesbians and an item.
This is so forced. I'm fucking done. I guess she does just hate dicks, though.

>They were going to detain her, lock her up and force her army to stand down.
You know, after they just killed their way through most of said army.

>But then, a strange man walks in to the room. He approaches Shiina, and Rei doesn't stop him. Apparently, it's someone that Rei and Shiina know. He simply says "You have served your purpose." and strikes Shiina down.
Now you're just being lazy.

>In fact, it was he that ordered the assault on Nagashu, as well as the one who ordered Shiina to send Rei to assassinate her targets.
How? Fucking magic? Why is the empress taking orders from some random ronin? Why is a behind-the-scenes manipulator type character even giving direct orders, instead of, y'know, maniulating?

>Naturally, everyone is furious, and Hiro goes berserk and attacks Jin by himself.
So much for "killing doesn't solve problems." That aesop lasted for, what, six paragraphs?
>>
>>87168557

>He says that he has decided to let them live since they have been such useful assets to his plan, but if they raise their blades to him again, he will finish them off.
Literally nothing Jin has done in this scene makes a lick of sense. At least Bond villains intend to kill the hero after explaining their plans; this guy seems like he's actively TRYING to sabotage his own endeavors.

>Hiro can barely stand, but he knows he has to finish Jin off, in order to create a peaceful Hinon.
So killing does solve problems, got it.

>The screen fades to black. Narration by Kanae appears. "Hiro didn't make it down the mountain."
I can actually see this being a pretty powerful line to read.

>She says that no, you shouldn't be proud to be a samurai.
Dear Ryoma,
Fuck you.
Love, Kanae.

Bottom line: I like the general plot structure, but most of the specifics need an overhaul. Oh, and whatever moral about killing it's going for is all over the place. Like it's trying to handle this complex idea, but so clumsily that it just looks like its contradicting itself and doing total 180s.
>>
>>87169060
> I like the general plot structure, but most of the specifics need an overhaul. Oh, and whatever moral about killing it's going for is all over the place. Like it's trying to handle this complex idea, but so clumsily that it just looks like its contradicting itself and doing total 180s.
Bouncing off of this.
Try writing your plot and story with no regards to how you're going to handle it in a game. As if you're writing a novella or something akin to NaNoWriMo. You're gonna want to make sure that the story is intact with no holes in the plot, right? You're also going to want to edit and proofread it numerous times, as if it's an assignment to turn in, because you want to present the best possible work to your reader.
Of course, developing a story in this fashion is not going to be a fast process. I've been hacking away at mine for a very, very long time - something in the range of 4 years. At first, my story was really stupid. It sucked. There were holes everywhere and the storytelling was boring and cliched and I used stupid tropes everywhere. It was basically like what you would expect out of a chuuni kid. Over time, I matured and redid my story. Over and over again. Throwing out parts here and there that would not be interesting enough to a reader or too overused for it to be good anymore. Four years later, I've rewritten, reproofread, reedited, and completely redone my story so many times I can't even count. Is it the same thing as it was originally? No. But is it better than the original? Definitely.
Granted, what I wrote is actually the length of a (short) novel, and I'm only translating it to another medium just for the fun of it, but you should still get my point. This story is the prized child of your imagination that you want to share with your reader. Just make sure that's it's a good enough story for your reader to enjoy.
>>
>>87073945
>What is our progress
It's going pretty smoothly, I'd say. We're wrapping up a mini-dungeon, the last of the game, so it's pretty much done. We should start the last testing phase in a few days and get to the Italian release by the 1st of January - with an English version to follow a few months from there (sorry guys, I'm the only one translating this beast, and it's more than 40 hours of gameplay so it's going to take me a while).

I'm going to repost the trailer I posted on the previous thread, but next time I'll post a few more screens and stuff (or even a new video).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3raZXGrquU
>>
Is it only me, or the Fantasy Hero Pack in the DLC link missing 2 bust portraits?

I just checked their main store, and the page said that there's 90 bust portraits in the pack (and another folder with reversed bust portraits). But the one I downloaded only got 88.

The rest of the pack is complete, though. So I'm wondering about that.
>>
>>87082369

Thank you for actually trusting this thread enough to post something.

Your plot has a bit of cheese to it, and that's okay. With the right writing, it could be a pretty fun ride.
>"What, you can't protect me while assassinating an emporer? What kind of aspiring samurai ARE you?"
>"I'm an assassin, and I saved you because reasons. By the way, I really am an assassin."
>"We're killing... for peace!"

My only issue so far is how certain elements are established, and then quickly withdrawn/never mentioned again:

>Along the way, they pass through a village... attacked by demons and evil spirits, and Hiro and Kanae offer to subdue them
Are these the demons mentioned later on when they head off to visit Jin? That could be some interesting foreshadowing

>Turns out Rei and Shiina are lesbians and an item.
Two things: One, as soon as your party finds out, it stops being relevant. She's dead. Two, I think being subtle would be more effective here. "Good luck, my dear," or something like that. I'm all for representation, but obvious shoehorning is tacky.

Plot holes/questions:
>Rei notices that Kanae looks familiar, but can't quite place who she is.
Is there photography in your fantasy world?

>rumors were circulating that Hiro was a spy from the enemy
The boy raised from infancy by the emporer was thought a spy? Maybe he was just thought of as a spoiled brat off to do something reckless, which would still put the army at full panic. They wouldn't want to kill Hiro, but Ryoma would after what happens.

>This isn't [Rei]'s land or her problem
Which of the three lands is she from? Two just got wrecked and the third is on its way.

>[Rei] reveals that she is actually the second in command of the Kotoyama army
So she lied! The characters might actually believe it, too, if she pulls this part off well enough:

>Rei comments that she's "never been directly on a battlefield" and "never seen it like this", and she's a bit at a loss for words.
>>
Inspired by Lunar: Dragon Song, i'm intent of making the worst, bullshit rpg ever. Plenty of enemies that steal your items (and you can't get them back), destroy your equipment, permanently reduces your status, steal all your gold, all the good stuff. More ideas of terrible things in rpgs i can use?
>>
>>87189312
Final Fantasy: Legend. The levelling is bonkers

>Humans
You waste valuable gold on very expensive stat boosts that hardly do anthing

>Mutants
Instead of having an EXP system, your stats randomly increase. Instead of learning new spells, old ones are randomly replaced by (sometimes) stronger ones.

>Monsters
You eat the meat of killed monsters, which evolves you in a way that seems random until you go on GameFAQS ten years after the fact and find out there was an actual system in place.

Monsters do not gain any stats or skills from battle, only meat. The only way to make a monster stringer is to eat meat and hopefully become a stronger monster.
>>
>>87189312
Vanilla Morrowind Bonewalker type shit (they can drain your strength to 0 in less than a minute easily and leave you unable to carry anything unless you carry a shitton of restore strength potions)
>>
File: rupoor_7777.jpg (65KB, 332x240px) Image search: [Google]
rupoor_7777.jpg
65KB, 332x240px
>>87189312
Random warp mazes.
Obnoxious, trial-and-error dungeon/encounter design.
The ability to discard important,one-off plot items.
The ability for these plot items to be stolen.
A million missable sidequests.
No indication that these sidequests will be missable.
A completion meter that stop at a number lower than 100%.
Random encounters every other step.
Treasure chests that make you lose items/money.
>>
>>87189312
100 floor dungeon with no save spots or places for reprieve and tons of tough enemies, bosses on floors 10, 30, 60 and the last floor has the second strongest monster in the game.

Then a warp after you beat him takes you to the first floor of the dungeon and waiting at the exit is a souped up version of him that is the strongest monster in the game with maxed out health.
>>
>>87189312
Monster-in-a-box!
>>
>spend days balancing a load of classes and fine tuning the ideas behind the class change system I want
>decide I don't want a class change system anymore
>>
>>87210469
True suffering.
>>
>>87210469
Save it for later, anon. You might make a different game and want a class system, or you could make it available to others.
>>
>>87210469
see it as practice for the next time?
>>
How do I into monster design?
>>
>>87225875
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMluMPUggJI
>>
>told myself I'd have 3 hours of gameplay by the end of November
>barely have 20 minutes

I hate myself
>>
>>87230654
cool, but i dont think this will help >>87225875?
>>
>>87244173
the question is why?
if its because of time,
as long you do it not as your job, other things have higher priorities
if its because of you dont get the idea, maybe some breaks will help you get creative power back
>>
bymp
>>
Where does a gent go to find tutorials on programming for RPGMVXA?

Isn't it RUBY or some derivative of RUBY?
>>
>>87253582
It uses Ruby, but learning Ruby is only half the story. You have to become familiar with RMVXA's scripting system - RGSS3. I'm sure there are tutorials out there (try Googling), but I think most people just learn by reading other people's scripts.
>>
File: cannot open file.png (14KB, 640x479px) Image search: [Google]
cannot open file.png
14KB, 640x479px
Anyone else get this error when playing 7th Stand User?
>>
>>87253582
GubiD has some video tutorials on RGSS1-3
>>
So /rpgmg/, I'm currently coming up with a list of features I want in my game. Been working on the pre-maker stuff for a few months now. Comparing old notes, finding walls and other issues has really set my priorities straight with it. I have a new list but with just one issue; I don't know what I want the combat to be like. I want to keep it fairly simple, I'm using turn by turn still, but how to I make a turn by turn not so boring? I don't really care for the ATS out there, there is surely something else I can do. Any advice?
>>
Don't Die on me!
>>
What are your characters thankful for?
>>
Fuck. I get even get into a good mood when approaching my RPG. Every time I do something, all I think is "Nobody's going to play that shit". Even my story seems like a fucking disaster.

Tell me, /rpgmg/, how do you keep your morals up?
>>
>>87274548
Woops. Beginning should be
I can't even...
>typing sucks in the morning
>>
>>87274548
work in a team.
Aim to impress.

People who create for their own amusement are always going to be tripping over themselves.
>>
>>87275793
>work in a team.
b-b-but I don't have people around which want to work on such projects...

>Aim to impress.
Impress who?

>People who create for their own amusement are always going to be tripping over themselves.
I just realised that. Feels bad.
>>
>>87276353
Impress your audience. Make some safe assumptions about what they've seen and have confidence that what you're making will be different.

We're all bros. Any support forum can be your team. They don't need to be committed.
>>
>>87262898
Good question.
I want to avoid this too.
What i have in mind is to make every weapon special, tactical. The next one might not be powerfull, but has a tactical advantage.
And the mobs special weaknesses.
So you have to use tactical certain weapons and certain special attacks.
>>
>>87262898
Good question.
I want to avoid this too.
What i have in mind is to make every weapon special, tactical. The next one might not be powerfull, but has a tactical advantage.
And the mobs special weaknesses.
So you have to use tactical certain weapons and certain special attacks.
>>
>>87274548
I'm two years into making DtD right now, and let me say my future is what keeps me moving. I've always been one of those "talented underachievers," and I want to lose that second word from my title before the first no longer applies. I also namefag so people hold me accountable. I've said if you want to bump the thread, but have nothing to say, post "Marpix, where's Episode xx of Defeat the Darkness?" I want to be held to my word, and am willing to pit my imaginary online reputation against my laziness.

If you don't care about something, anything, your life will slowly lose value. What's important to you, Anon?
>>
>>87282651
So...
Where IS episode xx of Defeat the Darkness?
>>
>>87277124
>We're all bros. Any support forum can be your team. They don't need to be committed.
Wow, thanks for that advice. Never thought of it that way.

>>87282651
>If you don't care about something, anything, your life will slowly lose value.
>What's important to you, Anon?
Fuck, my mind is blown. Thanks.
>>
File: 1365580912451.jpg (36KB, 718x537px) Image search: [Google]
1365580912451.jpg
36KB, 718x537px
>>87283569
Episode 11, thank you has all the audio recorded. I need to chop it all up, record the footage, and splice it together. Looking at about 8 hours of work. I'd like to say it'll get done before Thanksgiving, but it'll likely be the night of. Gonna give it an honest try tonight, now that I've broken my addiction to Smash at least for the moment.

>>87284782
Anything for a fellow aspiring designer.
>>
File: MAP WIP.png (402KB, 1008x740px) Image search: [Google]
MAP WIP.png
402KB, 1008x740px
Any suggestions for this map? It's still a WIP so I'm looking for some input. Place is suppose to be in riot that's why there is destroyed buildings.
>>
>>87290495
Looks too sorted and geometrical for me. Especially the suburbs/slumps outside the walls. Not bad overall,
but you would likely have to replace/resize some things and add some breakups and unregularities here and there.
More intel on the purpose of the map would also help.
>>
>>87099227
I didn't even notice the door, that stair case is much more distracting. It just looks so clean and new versus everything around it.
>>
>>87290495
Hot damn! That's a one big ass city.
>>
File: 9_ground.png (418KB, 640x448px) Image search: [Google]
9_ground.png
418KB, 640x448px
>>87292230
How's this?
>>
File: gobu.png (3KB, 62x36px) Image search: [Google]
gobu.png
3KB, 62x36px
Flashing goblins bump.
>>
So what's your battle system like? I need ideas to see what's out there.
>>
>>87143495
I like text games, i just wish i knew a good spot to find them erotic ones too.
>>
>>87290495
I have a feeling thats gonna lag like a motherfucker.
>>
>>87296808
2creepy4me
>>
>>87282109
Not a bad idea at all, Good way of a addressing the whole "WELP, got a new weapon, better in EVERY way!" I suppose weapons that do extra damage to monsters in certain areas or cause negative status would be the best examples of that off the top of my head. Any ideas for the turn by turn mechanics, though?
>>
>>87304481
My game's world map is 500x300 and doesn't lag at all, it should be fine.
>>
File: ss (2014-11-24 at 04.58.54).jpg (5KB, 171x44px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2014-11-24 at 04.58.54).jpg
5KB, 171x44px
Sup guys, haven't viewed this thread in a while, hope everyone is working hard on their games.

I've hit a bit of a snag with my maps. How can I make my character walk behind the rails? I know you can have certain tiles set to have you walk behind them but I don't know how.
>>
>>87313392
When in the tileset tab, go to passage and click on the rail until it the symbol becomes a star.
>>
File: rails.gif (431KB, 288x227px) Image search: [Google]
rails.gif
431KB, 288x227px
>>87313769
No dice. If it helps any this is a parallax map so the tile I made into a star is blank.
>>
>>87314114
Then you'll have to make the rails on another layer, on top of the other. What kind of script do you use, if you use any?
>>
>>87314986
Yanfly's because all the maps I've made before were kept simple. Guess it's time to use something more advanced?
>>
>>87315195
Not necessarily. You can just use the show picture event command to show the top layer ( placing it inside the transfer event, between the actual teleportation and the fade out), or use scripts like Yami Overlay Mapping one.
>>
>>87311686
Yeah, but do you have events on there yet?
>>
File: 1414312674423.png (290KB, 438x369px) Image search: [Google]
1414312674423.png
290KB, 438x369px
>mfw something stops working for no reason when you haven't touched anything since last booting up rpg maker
>>
File: 7PGsd.jpg (85KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
7PGsd.jpg
85KB, 600x338px
Worked all day on my game. Hopefully tomorrow I can polish some stuff and post my 1% finished project in here. Goodnight /rpgmg/
>>
Vidyagaems
>>
>>87317782
Only a few.

On the other hand, I have a 100x40 map with 140 events and no lag so far.
>>
>>87320859
you too
>>
File: 1413596781284.png (17KB, 492x317px) Image search: [Google]
1413596781284.png
17KB, 492x317px
>>87315791
So I used Yami Overlay Mapping and everything was working fine and dandy. Whenever I run a common event or use anything under "Game Progression" in an event the map shit's itself.
>>
Let's do this!
>>
File: af.png (259KB, 541x414px) Image search: [Google]
af.png
259KB, 541x414px
>>87074548
Working on a starting area of a dungeon.
They each will get a distinct color scheme, this one is blue.
If you're curious about what those letters on the ground mean, it says "C.E.R Convenient Escape Route"
>>
... a little late to some of the party, but.

>>87274548
>Tell me, /rpgmg/, how do you keep your morals up?

release stuff for consumption. learn from the feedback and better your approach. live for the chance to make your game excel because you have already made all the mistakes. "the difference between a student and a master is the master has failed more times than the student has succeeded."

>>87302756
it is in it's eight iteration. /cry
>>
File: map wip 2.png (421KB, 1004x732px) Image search: [Google]
map wip 2.png
421KB, 1004x732px
>>87290495
>>87291430

Will keep that in mind. Here's a little of an updated version. Now I'm going to work on the outside of the walls.
>>
I just worked more on my game today than I have in four years. I think it's safe to say my game is finally out of development hell. Once I learned to be ambitious without going over the top, everything suddenly clicked. I wrote a novel length synopsis to finally flesh out the plot. I just learned so much about eventing it's not even funny. I cranked out more maps and graphics than I thought was possible.

Learn from this /rpgmg/
It's never too late to regain your hope and push forward
>>
File: whatispacing.png (252KB, 640x413px) Image search: [Google]
whatispacing.png
252KB, 640x413px
Bumping before I goto bed, night guys :3
>>
>>87302756
I'm leaving the default system in place. But I fixing the bland design.
>Battlers slide in and out.
>UI feedback
>Typography hierarchy
>>
>>87347651
Gotta agree with the other anon. Why are the dirt roads so much neater and straighter?

>>87351527
Good to hear. Keep it up!
>>
File: Bull.png (507KB, 738x558px) Image search: [Google]
Bull.png
507KB, 738x558px
I hope I'm not intruding but I was just dicking around and drawing something before bed, figured this might be the sort of thing someone here could use.
Good luck with your games!
>>
Anyone else experienced a weird bug with Yanifly's message system where the dialogue box just vanishes off screen and you can only see the rightmost border of it?

If I can't fix it, I'm just deleting the whole script ...
>>
>>87345594
Looks neat, anon.
>>
>>87074225
>>
Wow it's everything
>>
Morrowind 2D guy here. Haven't been doing anything for months, so this update is just a work from past two days. Anyways, here's what I added:
-Extended map a bit.
-Death of taxman quest
-Vodunius Nuccius quest
-Scribs (appears near taxman body)
-Fargoth's and Draren's houses
Also disabled intro movie since only way to skip it is using script that fucks up position of video. Still not sure how I will go about making classes and birth signs relevant and balance cast on use items (they have unlimited uses right now).
Anyways is anyone wanna check it out here is [DEMO] (not sure if it could be even called demo yet, but whatever)

https://mega.co.nz/#!JwIA0DKL!noKAAM0n3_mQhWRHchbw13VpzUSqhmrWg_tNRz8BBwI
>>
>>87143495
Kinetic novels that focuses on sound instead anon?
>>
File: priorities.png (66KB, 189x225px) Image search: [Google]
priorities.png
66KB, 189x225px
Anyone here have any experience selling their game(s) on DLsite?
Just wondering if there's anything I should be wary of before getting into it.
>>
>>87368284
>>87114960
>>
>>87357016
>Drunken Dragon
Thats the name of a tavern from Oblivion, i think
>>
>>87368317
Yoooo
>>
>>87362553
nice

>>87369627
sounds like you did alot of work
>>
File: 004-Fighter04.png (11KB, 160x190px) Image search: [Google]
004-Fighter04.png
11KB, 160x190px
Can anyone think of a body of work that's similar in style to the XP battlers? I want to learn to imitate it so I can make more. But the clothes and armor details are so small and fuzzy it's difficult to replicate on a bigger scale.
>>
Well, I'm all of a sudden trying to get into this. Are there any scripts and packs generally seen as essential?
>>
>>87391978
I don't know about essential, but Yanfly's scripts are highly regarded and easy to use.
>>
>>87391978
I highly recommend:
http://himeworks.com/
>>
Anyone have the complete Luna Engine to link?
>>
>>87402426
Probably not. No one wants to cough up 20 bucks for it, even to pirate it.
>>
>>87403174
Eh, I bought it for $20. Programming interfaces is just about the most frustrating thing I've ever done so any tool which lets me do it in a more foolproof manner is something I'm interested in enough to buy.
>>
>>87403465
How easy is it to use though? Might pick it up for the holidays.
>>
>>87403954
Haven't really put a lot of time into it just yet. Am investing most of my RM time into getting this vertical slice demo done for my RM game, but I intend to replace my current shit-menu with Luna Engine once I'm done with it. Ask me again in about four days and I'll have an answer for you.
>>
>>87403954
I used the demo(some option for the battle GUI) and was easy to use.
>>
the RM community has a funny skill curve.
If you're competent with the RGSS, image editing, or whatever, you probably don't need or want to buy any mediocre tools and resources because you can do it all yourself.
And if you can't do anything yourself, let's face it, what are you going to do with a hammer you don't know how to swing?

I like to think people have the common sense to use placeholders until their game is ready before they throw money away on graphics. I hate seeing rpgmakerweb play people for chumps selling commercial licenses and shit to people who will probably never finish their game anyways.
>>
Stop what you're doing!
Post what you're working on right now!
Then go back to what you were doing; this isn't an excuse to slack off you lazy shits.
>>
>>87412260
Uh, sure. But it's nowhere near 'ready' yet.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/80991744/DIM/dim-trailer-2.mp4
>>
>>87412260
Making black people 'cause diversity and what-not
>>
>>87412260
game with multiple main character using mostly rtp stuff and yanfly probably just gonna "complete" a tiny demo in it and just build it from there

also toying with a game using only one character party though just writing up possible mechanics
>>
>>87412260
>http://himeworks.com/
Putting weapons in the database even though I don't even any stores to put the weapons in
>>
>>87412260
Working on a shitty test game about monsters getting pissed off at the goddess of daytime. Nothing beyond the first map is even close to finished.
>>
File: Liberry.png (143KB, 546x416px) Image search: [Google]
Liberry.png
143KB, 546x416px
>>87412260
Putting words to books.
>>
File: touchedanerve.png (66KB, 728x613px) Image search: [Google]
touchedanerve.png
66KB, 728x613px
>>87393668

At the very least, some of them seem like they should've been core features of the engine, like the one that improves the Shop scene so players can actually know the complete effects of the equipment they're buying.
>>
>>87429014

Yeah, I find it strange how it only shows ATK and DEF and completely ignores MAT and MDF. Then again, older RPGs were the same way, so maybe they were trying to imitate them?
>>
>>87419353
>chairs, tables, and bookshelves clean and in perfect condition
>puddles and brick piles on the floor
>>
ded thred
>>
>>87441458
You must be new here.
>>
File: awkward rpgmaker.jpg (91KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
awkward rpgmaker.jpg
91KB, 512x512px
>>
>>87445703
Hey screw you, character animation is hard.
>>
>>87445703
The RTP-styled sprites? They ain't chibi, but they are dwarfy. I wish I could make them from scratch, and make them look good. I can draw objects and tiles just fine, but with characters, I need to base them on something ...

I basically take the naked sprite from the RTP and redraw/recolor them a bit, while trying to make them a bit thinner. Works for me.
>>
A bump with a question, how do you do mapping? Small but multiple maps together, or one big map for the most part?

Playing with both, but I feel like I make the former way too tiny, or the latter huge and just a block.

Not sure what to do with a map if I want to expand it; Would I just copy paste what I had, and then paste it where I think it'd be fine?
>>
>>87438756
There aren't dirty bookshelves in the RTP.

I might get around to editing some later.
>>
>>87450373
Thats something that should be dictated by your gameplay. Think game design.
Use smaller maps for linear games.
Big maps should connect to lots of areas.
Don't make maps that exist just to be walk from point A to B (Battles aside).
Don't let the player explore a big empty corner if there's nothing there.

I've seen let's players spend 10mins examining everything in a house. All they were suppose to do was go outside.
Why build a house if there's nothing to do in it? You shouldn't.
>>
>>87450373
I've been experimenting with a combination in the project I am working on. For example, the area I am working on now has a larger, confined room with a few branching small rooms. After you pass the area, it is a few small rooms, which then opens to a long cliffside map.

I find the larger maps make great primary rooms and a good place to put certain, larger puzzles. The smaller rooms make good small optional rooms and event rooms. I also feel that having a larger amount of smaller rooms than large rooms makes the exploration more pleasant.

That's my experience, though, and your mileage might vary depending on what type of maps you like to make.
>>
File: 6tHCSvD.gif (2MB, 294x233px) Image search: [Google]
6tHCSvD.gif
2MB, 294x233px
>>87412260
Implementing a better way to do this puzzle.
>>
>>87445703
Worked for Mogeko.
>>
Is there a way to make a Key Item' effect passively happen? As in, no need to select in from the menu, its just always in effect.
The effect in mind is an event, though; a relic that allows the holder to pass over quicksand.

I've got it all sorted and working, but I cant find a way to make the item just be "on" at all times.
>>
>>87457295
If the quicksand is an event, you could just check for the key item eventside.
>>
File: whoopsidoodle.jpg (48KB, 300x339px) Image search: [Google]
whoopsidoodle.jpg
48KB, 300x339px
>>87457295
>>87457421
I managed to do it. Turns out it was way simpler to just make the conditional branch for the quicksand event to turn off be to have the key item in possession.
I was messing about with several common events and shit beforehand.
>>
>>87412260
Trying to figure out how to do item classes in VX.
Basically I have a cutscene and I want a conditional that says "if you have any one of these 4 items" without having to do a bunch of conditional trees.
>>
>>87458493
Check at the beginning of the cutscene.

"Any one of four" means you run four checks at the start, (one for each item) and redirect the event to the correct scene if they have at least one. If you have to reference one of them specifically, make a small conditional branch for that icon/dialogue box, then bring it back to the next default seqeunce
>>
>>87457950
You can add an event page and just check "if item exists" (right over by the switch controls) and select your key item.
>>
>>87458752
Right, I'm trying to figure out the scripting language to do it all in one check, is what I'm saying. I think it'd be something like
>?$game_party.has_item?($data_items[1]) || $game_party.has_item?($data_items[2])

It's annoying because I know this exact thing was on VX.Net but that's deader than dead now.
>>
>>87460734
I could do this in my sleep on the PS1 version. Maybe check for one item at a time? You would just need 4 buffer squares (where walking on one would check for each item, and turn Switch A on if you have it), and a fifth to trigger the cutscene (while checking to see if Switch A is on, letting it know which cutscene to play).
>>
>>87461012
Actually, the solution I just posted works. Just had to test it.
>>
File: 1297577932848.jpg (18KB, 300x265px) Image search: [Google]
1297577932848.jpg
18KB, 300x265px
>>87461134
>>
>>87083612
>lying on the internet

http://crankeye.com/?page=downloads
RM2K 2000 and 2003 are readily available here, anons. Translated and everything. Knock yourselves out.
>>
>>87466746
Just a warning on newer OSes anon. Some are not very lucky with it.
>>
If there're people still interested by the Luna Engine, it's on sale on Steam.
>>
>>87467714
oh nice!! go go pirate it!!
>>
File: 1409076803540.jpg (153KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
1409076803540.jpg
153KB, 500x667px
>>87467714
>Pirated Ace
Would I still be able to use it with my Pirated copy? I don't want to shell out 70 shekels for it.
>>
>>87475808
I'm not sure you can buy it from steam if you don't already have a legal rmvxace version on steam, since it's considered a DLC for the software. But if you DL it somewhere else (or pirate it) you can use it without a legit copy.
>>
>>87478345
Too bad there's no place to pirate it.
>>
page 10 bump
>>
>>87467714
So who's gonna bite the bullet and buy it and upload it for us to share?
>>
>>87486814
would if I could, fellow anon
>>
>>87494185
>>87486814
There's nobody whose got it already? Last time i bought something for you nerds someone already had it and they were too lazy to update the pastebin.
>>
Steam 50% Sales bump
A reasonable price, i think.
>>
>>87486814
Since a dev for it actually comes on here, I think it'd be worth supporting him. If we don't, we prove him right in that people will pirate it at any price.
>>
File: 1298653171047.gif (2MB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1298653171047.gif
2MB, 450x253px
>>87499216
>If we don't, we prove him right in that people will pirate it at any price.

They will pirate it at any price.

Half the normal selling price of two cents is too much for hard core pirates... especially when they are getting something to fuck around with and have no intention of distributing/profiting off of their screwing around. No amount of effort is worth anything to them as long as their is a no cost alternative. The only reason they pay for anything is because they are absolutely forced to or be punished by law.

And if history has anything to prove, /rpgmg/ will spend the next six weeks filled to the nuts with beggars for everything on Steam. Last (Summer) sale someone was flaming the general upset that no one would buy and share shit with them. So buckle up.
>>
>>87500112
>/rpgmg/ will spend the next six weeks filled to the nuts

And they'll bump the thread for free!
>>
>>87499216
Does he do so regularly?
>>
so what even is the luna engine
>>
File: Retro SciFi UI - Screenshot 4.png (268KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Retro SciFi UI - Screenshot 4.png
268KB, 640x480px
>>87507549
It's basically a script collection (with UI) that adds customization to all RM GUIs and some bonus functionality. You can make stuff like this in under an hour. 3 hrs for a fully customized game. Depends on your plans.
>>
>>87506540
Hi. Yes I go to /rpgmg/ before I even sold Luna. I helped bumped this thread sometimes. :3
>>
>>87508387
It looks fantastic, but
>30 bucks
There's just no way I can justify that. Maybe if I got really serious into a project using Luna Engine and I was really proud of my work, I'd support the developer for supporting me, but there's no way in hell I'm spending thirty bucks on a collection of scripts for projects I'll inevitably abandon.
>>
>>87508839
It's 50% off right now :0
>>
>>87508902
Anon, I'm having trouble affording rent and bills.
>>
>>87508387
That's a pretty neat menu there. Portraits don't go with it at all, but it's neat.
>>87508839
I could if I was making something to sell. As it stand what I'm working on at the moment is mostly to get used to using RPG Maker, so maybe in the future.
>>
>>87508952
We're the same anon, don't worry. I have to take care of a baby and autistic sister XD
>>
File: 1346604383964.gif (303KB, 320x289px) Image search: [Google]
1346604383964.gif
303KB, 320x289px
>>87502660

Shhhh!
They aren't supposed to know their rage fuels our needs.
>>
>>87508387
>>87508582

Is there a comprehensive list available of the options available with the engine? I had a surprise infusion of funds recently and I am beginning to strongly consider purchasing the system if it will meet my needs. (That screenshot hints it might be able to.)
>>
>>87508582
That was a fairly fast reply. How was dealing with enterbrain getting your shit on steam? Hows the profit share?
>>
>>87509897
Let me see...

> Some basic functions over here: http://divisionheaven.wordpress.com/scripts/luna-engine/

Will it help if I show these videos anon? https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6U27R6KU6-NfcBfkgeqRtD3NbEe3zZaU

Here's a complete script list:
http://i.imgur.com/h2jaAz0.png

Here's an example config:
http://pastebin.com/ictjZHTT
>>
>>87510836
>http://i.imgur.com/h2jaAz0.png
>all this yanfly

is it really you yanfly
I thought you died
>>
>>87510424
You don't really deal with Enterbrain (otherwise it's impossibiru). But instead you go to the English Publisher, Degica. They have a guideline over here: http://forums.rpgmakerweb.com/index.php?/topic/4186-official-store-submissions/page-1

>>87510908
Noo, I'm not. I'm just his friend and we support each other.
>>
>>87510836

Thank you for the links. I have been researching your (all's) engine since I made that post, so i will be visiting what you have shared shortly.

I must say you have gotten glowing recommendations abroad.
>>
File: Oak9W.png (393KB, 1305x2860px) Image search: [Google]
Oak9W.png
393KB, 1305x2860px
obligatory...
>>
>>87500112
>Is one of the people who is asking someone to dump Luna Engine.
>Owns the actual program on Steam plus like 5 graphics packs and 2 music packs.

Not everyone who pirates shit pirates everything.
>>
>>87515651
I'm glad my diagram helped you anon :D
>>
>>87516052
>Not everyone who pirates shit pirates everything.

dilligaf?

LUNA Engine is more than a year's worth of work, providing a VERY commonly desired set of tools and solutions, for (as of this post) fifteen dollars. Custom UI packages that are not as verbose as LUNA go for $150 in the RPGM community.

They are giving LUNA away at $15.
>>
Help me with music. I would like to export lovely .mid files to Ace but it doesn't play them right.
So i see two options, either i somehow change Ace's instruments so it would play it like 2003, which i don't know how to do, or i just record it with stereo mix in audacity and export as .ogg which supports loops.

I'd go the loop way except i don't really want to manually find loop points if there is already such information available in the file itself but i just don't know how to find it.

First option, to change the instruments so i won't have to record everything, would be preferable though.
>>
>No Windows 8 RPGM
>Incoming Windows 10

Do you think we have another RPGM coming around the corner? Been a long while since Ace was released.
>>
>>87523827
RPG Maker has this thing going that it releases every 3-4 years.

RM95: 1997
RM2k: 2000
R2k3: 2002
RMXP: 2004 JPN / 2005 ENG
RMVX: 2007 JPN / 2008 ENG
RMVA: 2011 JPN / 2012 ENG

So probably...
>>
So about Luna engine.

I have Ace, but it's not associated with my Steam account. If I buy Luna on Steam will it still work?
>>
>>87525518
It should. It's distributed ala game project type :)
>>
>>87525518
Oh wait, I did hear that some people can't buy DLCs unless they have the base program in it? I can't buy stuff in steam so I'm unsure if you'll be able to access the dlc itself or if steam is not gonna download it for you to use.
>>
>>87525518
If it's DLC you need to have ace in your library. Steam wont even let you buy it if you don't iirc. You can also buy it stand alone on the rpg maker website.
>>
>>87525518
You could buy it for someone else who does have Ace and then they could share the files with you.
>>
I'm thinking of making a game almost 100% inspired by Five Nights at Freddy's, but hopefully it'll be a different game with a similar night system and person on the phone giving you instructions.

Night 1
>Phone: "Hello, first off I'd like to say thank you for taking this job, I know this neighborhood isn't exactly crime-free, but I'm sure you'll be fine. Now even though you're a security guard, we can't give you any weapons because of our policy. So instead, if you see someone break in, just record them on the security cameras, and we'll send the info to the police in the morning."
>Mostly suspense, a robber will break in between 5-7, he'll be relatively easy to deal with, only stealing one object near the entrance.

Night 2
>Phone: "While you may want to lock the door to the security room, I encourage you to leave it open, as a closed door may alert any robbers that there is someone else in here"
>More robbers break in that day, some will pass by your office

Night 3
>"You've been doing great, we've been able to catch a lot of robbers because of you. Be careful tonight though, yesterday someone was stabbed in town, they still haven't found the man who did it, so just be on the lookout."
>Around 5-7am a man with a knife runs into the store to hide, he'll go for the security room if the door is closed, if the door is open he'll try to hide in it, you have to hide in the shadows.

Night 4
>Phone: "Sorry about this, um, something went wrong with our circuits this morning, and for some reason the security cameras aren't working. You're gonna have to take the pictures yourself, there should be a camera in that office somewhere. If you see someone, just hide behind a shelf and snap a picture. We'll try to get the cams fixed tomorrow morning."
>You have to travel the store with a flashlight and a handheld camera to snap pictures of any criminals that enter.

Cont.
>>
Night 5
>Phone: "So the security cameras are back up and running, the weird thing is we didn't actually do anything to fix them, they were just fixed when we got here in the morning. Well, looks like it's gonna be an easy night for you."
>Night goes on as normal with snapping pictures until 8am, two hours before your shift is over. The security cameras go out again, so you have to go back outside to take pictures again.

Night 6
>Phone: We got your complaint about the security cams, we can't figure out what could have turned it off last night. Um, we're not sure if this will do anything, but could you try going the night without them? We're gonna leave them off for today to see if that fixes anything."
>Night goes the same except for jumpscares where the security cameras turn on without you pushing anything.

Night 7
>Phone: "I think we figured it out, our computer actually had a virus that would turn off the security cameras at niiiii---*static* run away run away run away *static* so we ran a system reboot and it should be fine, the virus should be out of the computer.
>This night very few criminals come in, until another man with a knife arrives, he begins approaching your room, if you lock the door he'll start banging on it, followed by a loud tearing sound, then silence. If you open the door you'll see his bloody body on the ground.

Night 8
>Phone: "So that virus we had, apparently it's not gone, it's still here *FOLLOWING YOU* you should probably not use them again, just to be sure *RUN AWAY*
>This night goes by as usual until 6am the criminals stop, and you begin discovering more bloody bodies around. As you return to the security room you see the security camera flash on with a text display of "WHY DIDNT YOU RUN"
>>
Night 9
>Phone: "*garbled sounds*"
>This night the cameras don't work, so you leave to take pictures. Your room has a large blood trail where a body used to be. You follow it to the back room. In the room is a large, robotic looking thing that seems to have human organs attached. It speaks in different sound bytes mixed together to spell words. It chases you through the store until 9am

Night 10
>Phone: "So that virus, I guess it's spread to all the tech in the store, so try not to go near anything electronic, it might be dangerous"
>This night there are no criminals, just the robot following you. It can manipulate technology with things such as displaying dismembered faces on computer screens, and playing recorded PA announcements in jumbles to threaten you.

Night 11
>Phone: "So we figured out where the virus came from, it seems like it was downloaded when downloaded when downloaded when Hello, first off I'd like to say thank you for taking this job, I know this neighborhood isn't exactly crime-freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
>The phone repeats the word free unill the night is over, if you reenter the office it'll still be saying free. Again you avoid the robot, criminals will pop in and distract the robot.

Night 12
>The phone speaks letters "i.w.a.n.t.y.o.u."
>The robot pursues you incredibly closely, and looks at you through technology

Night 13
>Phone: "Hey hey! We were finally able to get in contact with you, can you get out of there? We weren't able to get into the store this morning, were you there the whole night? There should be a key in the office to the front door, let us in!"
>You grab the key and head outside, you realize the robot just played words in a jumble to get you to leave the room. You have to hide

Night 14 (Final)
>Phone: "Hey so,I just want to apologize for putting you there, the only reason I offered you this job was to satisfy that thing, I really apologize, but you can't leave now, if you don't die it'll follow us forever.
>>
>>87523827

There's a Windows 10 already? It hasn't even been long since 8. And what happened to 9?
>>
>Have an idea for a unique battle system
>Have no clue how to code it

Anyone know any books or tutorials so I can learn how to script?
Have Christmas cake in return.
>>
>>87527934
>>87528278
>>87528629
Haven't played FNAF, but it sounds interesting. Are you sure RPGmaker is right for you? Looks like it would rely heavily on real-time free-movement actions, as opposed to grid-based, with all the events themselves being grid squares. Also, you would be able to manipulate the player's perspective (the player's view would always be from the south). If you overcome these limitations, you're golden.
>>
>>87534102
People say they want a new battle system. But all they really want is to change the layout.
Easy to change. Hard to make look good.

Imo, Luna engine is crap. The menu's looks like crap. We've got a decade of custom scripts and graphics but people are stupid and think if something has a price tag it must be good. Meanwhile all the good stuff is fading away on forgotten forums.
>>
>>87535950

You know, I'd actually pay money if someone would develop an honest-to-god custom rendition of Suikoden battle-systems. including the duel mechanics, and made it really easy to use and worked with just about every possible sprite, rendered on-screen like the games.

it'll never happen though and seems worth more money than Luna. The newer engine, with the custom animations/sprite animations seems worth it, though, but that's just from the feature-list. No idea how it works in practice, though.
>>
>>87535950
>But all they really want is to change the layout.

Want to make a mix between a tactics game and a card game.
Found a tactic battle script so i'm just going to play around with it and see what dose what.
>>
>>87534147
>you're golden.
you mean
>you´re golden freddy
>>
>>87073945

What are your inspirations for making that RPG, general? What have you played, or watched or read that had you decide, 'I want to make my own game.' or 'I want to tell my own story, translated to rpg form'?

And, what is your story about? Not a full synopsis, but just a general plan or overview of it, but it's entirely up to you.
>>
File: Diner.png (21KB, 544x417px) Image search: [Google]
Diner.png
21KB, 544x417px
I decided to try my hand at making my own tilesets. Here's my first WIP.
I'm not even sure why I'm making it, seeing as I don't have any use for it in any of my games.
>>
>>87535950
>Imo, Luna engine is crap. The menu's looks like crap. We've got a decade of custom scripts and graphics but people are stupid and think if something has a price tag it must be good. Meanwhile all the good stuff is fading away on forgotten forums.

I am curious to know how you actually perceive what -it is-?

Because if what you're saying is true, then I would like these magical scripts that allows me to fully customize RPG Maker's GUI without having to go through reading code and figuring out how to edit them.

As much as I love Yanfly's scripts, I found that editing his GUI is a monstrous task that made me give up on making something with them without looking like every RM Game ever.
>>
>>87533862
It was said that Windows 8.1 is technically Windows 9...
>>
>>87533862

9 was teased for awhile. Dunno if they ever released it, and i assume they either didn't or did and it got so little coverage and was so similar to 8 that they just went onto working on 10. i assume they just skipped 9, honestly and went for the magikal 1 0.

hopefully 10 won't be utter shite in a basket like 8 was.
>>
>>87535950
... then why don't you revive and highlight the good stuff, oh wise one? Being a fucking tool is easier, of course... but don't go bitching about "the good stuff fading away on forgotten forums" if that is all you are gonna do.

This entire RPGM community has an endless appetite for quality code/assets. If there is stuff rotting, then be the savior the community needs, not another fucking troll.

>>87540371
>What are your inspirations for making that RPG, general? What have you played...
Twenty years of awesome Dungeons and Dragons stories that beg to be brought to life with visuals that finally reveal in image what we wanted people to see in their minds. (Bold task, I know)

>>87541064
... makes me want Steak-n-Shake.

>>87543359
>>87544880
My understanding is Micro$oft didnt want the new Windows to be '9' so there wasn't any implied relationship to Windows 95 and Windows 98. I do not know for certain, just the argument I heard in networking.
>>
>>87542246
Uh, Logic? Half the screen width - half the window width; places the window in the middle of the screen. You don't need to know the exact X,Y, width, height of anything.
You just got to know how you want to divide something up into proportions. Like a block of text on the right half, or bottom quarter.
it does require knowledge of highschool geometry.
>>
File: D2anS.gif (519KB, 320x175px) Image search: [Google]
D2anS.gif
519KB, 320x175px
>blink your eyes
>on page nine

Must be a holiday. /vg/ is MOVING today.
>>
Do people still work with RPG Maker 2000?

I always found it more entertaining to use than anything since XP came out.
>>
>>87538438
>Found a tactic battle script so i'm just going to play around with it and see what dose what.
In the vein of Fire Emblem, or FFT? I'd kill for a tactical RPG maker for FFT-esque games.
>>87542246
>I am curious to know how you actually perceive what -it is-?
Not that guy, but isn't it basically a WYSIWYG editor for RPG Maker menus? Or am I completely mistaken?
>>
I was hoping the RPGMaker site would have a sale on Luna, but seems like that's not the case, welp.

Guess I gotta scrounge up funds for luna somehow.
>>
>>87563697
I did the same thing. Strange it wouldn't go on sale across the board.
>>
>>87550236
>My understanding is Micro$oft didnt want the new Windows to be '9' so there wasn't any implied relationship to Windows 95 and Windows 98. I do not know for certain, just the argument I heard in networking.

I was under the impression that the Japanese consider 9 to be an unlucky number so they just skipped it.
>>
Hi,/rpgmaker/-fags,
is it really possible to make actualy good game with RPGM(im not talking about SNES level JRPGS or quality of story, but to invent my own game mechanics and make non anime graphics)
and do you have any example of a good game made by RPGMaker?

Im not a dick and this is not a bait(IDK if your thread has a lot of trolls).
Im honestly interested if RPGMaker is a good,simple and fast way to tell a story/idea?
>>
>>87566578
Side scrolling games have been made with RPG Maker VX Ace... it is a very versatile piece of software.

>invent my own game mechanics
Yes. You need a foundation in RUBY programming to work with the script environment. It is one of the engine's biggest selling points.

>non-anime graphics
Absolutely. The image standards to work in the engine are fairly forgiving as well, some even adapting automatically to new resolutions.

>do you have an example
Only what you can find on YouTube. Unless you want to play horror games... which represents the bulk of games hailed as good on the engine atm.

>good, simple, fast way to story/idea
It is. It has enough stand in assets to prototype quickly. Depending on the degree you want to deviate from the built in mechanics it could be much more involved, but I would recommend it.

Dont be afraid to get the Lite version of RPGM... it restrictions are not so draconic you cannot get a good feel for the app.
>>
>>87566578
>good, simple,fast way to tell a story
I've seen some very interesting things done with the RPG maker; it largely depends on your skills as a story teller.

There was a game (more of a walking simulator, not that that's necessarily a bad thing) called Mainichi, about a transgender girl. It's exceedingly simple; you get dressed, put on make-up (or don't), and head to the café to meet with your friend. Along the way you're presented with options--dress like a girl or don't, spend the extra few minutes to put on make-up or just head out the door, cross the street to avoid a conversation or don't. They're very minimal choices and the game ends the same way each time, but along the route to the cafe you're stopped by little dialogue prompts
>The man stares at you, trying to decide if you're male or female.
>A child comes up and asks, "Are you really a girl?"
>The lady takes a quick glance at you and then embarrassedly buries her head in her book.
The stop-and-go pace that's inherent to JRPGs--the text boxes that stop everything, the caterpillar text, the clunky, slow, tile-based movement--all helped give these seemingly trivial annoyances weight.

It's a 20-minute experience at the most, but it shows what you can do if you understand how to use the nature of the medium and the engine to your advantage.
>>
Holy shit Marpix. Where the hell is chapter 11 of Defeat the Darkness already?
>>
File: enkxu.jpg (38KB, 490x490px) Image search: [Google]
enkxu.jpg
38KB, 490x490px
>Visual Novels
>Survival Horror
>Action adventure
>Side Scrolling (ugh, not using side view graphics)

Mfw, the bulk of the software isn't used. Using it to make games that are easily done with freeware.
>>
>>87574079
My thoughts EXACTLY!!
>>
>>87574079
I had tried to make a top-down 3D platformer ala Banjo-Kazooie with the program. But then I realized that wouldn't work because A) There's no way to mark height on tiles and B) Jump scripts didn't work the same way a platformer jumping system would.
>>
>>87566578

Yeah, I think XP and onwards you can make a variety of games with it. Have you ever played Cherry High Comedy Club game? Yep, that's RPG Maker. So were the PC versions of Corpse Party.
>>
File: 1411767333636.gif (166KB, 500x378px) Image search: [Google]
1411767333636.gif
166KB, 500x378px
>mfw beginning the journey to rgss3/ruby enlightenment.
>>
File: 20141114_103851.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
20141114_103851.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>luna engine on steam sale
>pirated vx ace

I want to die.
>>
>>87551363
>magical
Way to oversimplify how programming works. We both know that -aside- from logic you would require to learn the syntax of the program and read what window does what which could take a while to even get a window to appear without reading some tutorials provided by the community or just plainly learn how to program. Let's spend an entire month just reading how to learn RGSS3 and then hope that knowledge is enough to create the game you want.

How about you actually iterate the scripts you are talking about that are underrated and is actually better than Luna Engine AND that does the same thing? You completely avoided that point I believe. It's also hilarious that you say the "menu's looks" like shit when it's not the point of the thing.

Nobody is trashing other's scripts works. Everyone has different preferences. It's ok if you prefer others. But don't blame something on a product over the lack of Game Design and Creativity.
>>
>>87566578
Anon dropping some links!

http://rpgmaker.net/games/3892/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1773/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/101/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/736/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/1722/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/4820/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/6560/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/429/
http://rpgmaker.net/games/2897/

There's also some Japanese ones but I only linked the english ones. I hope they help? ;w;
>>
>>87566578
>I'm not talking snes level jrpgs
nigger
did you ever play chrono trigger
>>
>>87566578
Wait I am an idiot, you said none anime graphics. NVM.
>>
Looking for an old game made in either 2000 or 2003, intro had you killing a mob boss aboard a moving train and having you jump off the tracks. Don't think it was ever finished but I remember downloading it off some repository of old rpg maker games and demos.
>>
>>87570754
Fuck fuckity fuck!

Gonna record the footage tonight. It'll be up before December, at least. Shit.
>>
>"RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE"
be right back, getting in a game of Altered Beast before bed.
>>
>>87566578
>im not talking about SNES level JRPGS or quality of story
What the fuck, nigger?
>make non anime graphics
What does that even mean? You can import your own tilesets and drawings. What do you think?
>>
nothing
>>
>>87589538
No. You're missing the point. I'm not going to help. I'm going to push people to be more dependent. Learn the damn syntax. Learn principles of design.
Raise above store bought dough and cookie cutters.

I'm pointing, saying -hey look- those people made great stuff. Be like them. Stop sucking your mama's tit.
>>
Anyone with the Luna Engine to share?
Or I've to wait for a project to decrypt to have those scripts?
>>
>>87612192
Not everyone has the desire or need to go to those lengths. Stop being a stuck-up prick about it.
>>
>>87618208
Decrypting a project would be useless, since said project won't be necessary using all the scripts included in Luna Engine. ( and well, decrypting someone else project is worse to me than pirating a software )
>>
File: 1416940321717.gif (605KB, 320x220px) Image search: [Google]
1416940321717.gif
605KB, 320x220px
>>87574079
I actually love those genres (minus the side-scrolling aspect). I have nothing to complain about that there's a big freeware community dedicated to making some of my favorite types of loafy games, including rpgs. Do you nobs even check out the plentiful amount of rpgs coming in decently by the site or is this just fruitless complaining about other popular genres? Variety isn't bad.
>>
>>87074225
>>
>>87612192
>You're missing the point.
No. You're shit at articulating your point to everyone. You actually think you posts were a voice of inspiration? You think anyone is going to be driven to reach for excellence trolling around with ...

>Imo, Luna engine is crap. The menu's looks like crap. We've got a decade of custom scripts and graphics but people are stupid and think if something has a price tag it must be good. Meanwhile all the good stuff is fading away on forgotten forums.

... you JUST told everyone here that the stuff you want them to rise to some arbitrary challenge to produce is going to go to wasted and be forgotten on some forum because it doesn't have a price tag on it. You'd have to be genuinely retarded to say that and think you are promoting anything positive or compelling.

Taking a shit in the thread then trying to mold that shit into something other than a steaming pile of shit is the only thing you are doing.
>>
Scripting question:

I have an array of booleans to store the status of whether the player has unlocked pictures.How do i save the array state to the save file and how do i prevent the array from carrying over to different save files.

For example, if I unlock picture 3 in one instance, return to the main menu and start a new game I'll still have picture 3 unlocked already in the new game.

a nudge in the right direction would be appreciated.
>>
>>87638118
Try to set it as global variable ( $bool_array_of_unlocked_pictures) and add the variable in the save, and load, method int the DataManager(in VXAce). Not tested but it would work fine...
>>
>>87641875
Yeah it sounds pretty good. there are two functions called make_save_contents and extract_save_contents. I'm just going to add my array to the bottom. Now for another idiot question:
Where is the function that fades out windows on close? I need to see how it works so my pictures fade out with the windows, otherwise they stick around until the scene is disposed of and it looks bad.
>>
>>87644953
This is the function called when you select New Game at the Title Menu
def fadeout_all(time = 1000)
RPG::BGM.fade(time)
RPG::BGS.fade(time)
RPG::ME.fade(time)
Graphics.fadeout(time * Graphics.frame_rate / 1000)
RPG::BGM.stop
RPG::BGS.stop
RPG::ME.stop
end

so try use
Graphics.fadeout(time * Graphics.frame_rate / 1000)
when you close the scene.
Or you can change the opacity of the image whike fading out the rest o the scene
>>
File: SloMoClose.gif (215KB, 533x404px) Image search: [Google]
SloMoClose.gif
215KB, 533x404px
>>87649521
I'm trying to figure out where the code is written in window_base since it seems to be a default feature of windows and graphics, but its not applying to mine.
>>
File: profile1.png (27KB, 384x192px) Image search: [Google]
profile1.png
27KB, 384x192px
Someone needs to make a game where the picture of the characters included in the game portray the completely wrong message about the character's personality.

Like this picture.

>45 year old drunk. commonly uses profanity. is pedophobic, running in terror whenever he is close to a child
>>
>>87653132
As it is your idea, I nominate you to be the person to take on this project.
>>
File: BUMP!.png (15KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
BUMP!.png
15KB, 512x512px
>page ten

Black Friday has the thread more dead than normal.
>>
>>87659686
Went shopping. The writers of Freakonomics came out with a new book. As always, it's fascinating.
>>
>>87653132
I would age his sprite a bit, if you can, unless you're going for a Matthew Broderick-type look or something
>>
POST PROGRESS UPDATES!
>>
File: SlowMoFade.gif (1MB, 542x412px) Image search: [Google]
SlowMoFade.gif
1MB, 542x412px
>>87649521
>>87653086
I gave it a try, Its probably got something to do with graphics.freeze or something. Maybe based LUNA SCRIPT guy can help a brother out.
>>
>>87675962
decided to post the script feel free to tell me how shitty i am at scripting.

http://pastebin.com/Pnugz5kL
>>
Page 10 again boys.
>>
>>87673573
SOON*
>>
Bundlestars has a Steam VX Ace on 80% off ($13.99) compared to Steam's actual sale (50% off).

Just a heads up.
>>
>>87558932
>Not that guy, but isn't it basically a WYSIWYG editor for RPG Maker menus? Or am I completely mistaken?

Ah sorry, it's not a WYSIWYG editor. It's basically a script collection that separates configs from the main script. They contain constants/variables that makes manipulating window elements for GUIs a lot easier than with the "core script."

I wanted it to be WYSIWYG but we faced some compatibility problems and we had to cancel it. We did thought that we could probably make it print a config but it was super a lot of work and my partner went, sorry too much I'm tired after we're done. I'm still trying to have something similar implemented though.

>>87612192
Then you're missing my point as well. I only provided a tool that made customization a lot easier so we could see less of the same standard layout for every game. It's why we use an engine in the first place as the backend of game development -is- hard.

>>87677276
Super curious and will definitely try!

>>87675962
I'm ready to share as well. I have this script that you can set a character as guest character and won't appear in battle! http://pastebin.com/errQZfDQ :D
>>
>>87675962
Blargh, I quoted the wrong post on the last post and just noticed. I am terrible at reading today. I'll try to test it out anon.
>>
post your first complete line of dialogue
>>
>>87701090
"Hey! Welcome! You look new, champ. If you need any help, ask Brenda at the desk."
>>
>>87701090
"... Zzz... ..."
>>
>>87701090
>"Wake up, /n[1]!"
Yeah, it's one of those games.
>>
>>87701090
>>
>>87701090
And now I'm here, stuck in the abyss without you...A lonely journey forced to take as punishment of love.
>>
I want to make a game based on some dreams I had but make it not Yumu Nikki. I also want to use mostly real life pictures as textures because I'm a lazy fuck. How well will this work? Any other tips you have for me on my shitty video game making adventure?
>>
>>87717742
>How well will this work?
Depends entirely on how much effort you put into it.
>I'm a lazy fuck.
This is the biggest incompatibility.
>>
>>87699739
>http://pastebin.com/errQZfDQ
Your code is so neat it honestly makes me a little angry.
>>
>>87675962
>http://pastebin.com/Pnugz5kL
Here you go anon, it's not perfect but they all dispose now:
http://pastebin.com/sUvRbDHD
>>
>>87701090
"My dearest teacher, my continuing studies of magic have led me to discover that we are on the precipice of disaster!"
>>
>>87677276
Urgh, it was crashing when I try to close it, so I thought it was the problem. If I got it wrong, please tell me. Anon here is not very good at reading sometimes ;w;
>>
>>87720925
>http://pastebin.com/sUvRbDHD
What did i do wrong? did I just forget to dsipose picsprite or somethign?
>>
>>87721457
The only ones I changed was

def terminate
@picDisplay.dispose
super
end

and added this:

def terminate
@picSprite.dispose
@picViewPort.dispose
end

I haven't tested fully but that should be it I believe?
>>
File: LunaScriptGuySlowMo.gif (328KB, 531x408px) Image search: [Google]
LunaScriptGuySlowMo.gif
328KB, 531x408px
>>87721945
I just tested it and it doesn't work. It disposes the entire viewport window now, though. maybe if i just set the bitmap to release or something?
>>
File: 1.png (743KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
743KB, 800x600px
So have any good games been made using only the base resources? Always been curious to see what can be made using only the most basic or resources
>>
>>87722596
Slaw made a really good one even though i couldn't beat the fucking cave hermits. the name escapes me though
>>
>>87701090
>[bgs: rain] [ringing...] [audible click] Hello?
>>
>>87722670
Hero of Legends. I think it turned out okay given it was a one month challenge deal.
>>
>>87722596

I thought Jay's Journey was a fine game.
>>
>>87722405
Ohh I see, that's the one I wasn't able to test yes, I'll try again. Gotta figure out how to put the picture first haha;;
>>
>>87725957
I tried using pre_terminate, no luck with that so far.
>>
>Luna Engine on sale right after I buy it for the full 30 bucks
Argh
>>
Alright guys, I've been away for a couple months. What are all the great new games you folks have finished since August?
>>
>>87727156
It's really late here anon, I'll try tomorrow and see what's up. I'm trying to read the code to understand how it works. I'm sorry for being slow ;w;'''
>>
>>87732971
Share.
>>
>>87737750
Yes, so we don't have to suffer
>tfw just a kid with no money
>>
About the Luna engine. Couldn't you just wait for someone to release a game or demo with it and just get it from the project file?
>>
>>87741917
Chances are that the person wouldn't be using all the Luna Engine's script. So its kinda useless.
>>
>>87733903
It's ok, im going to fucking keep trudging away at it.
>>
If no one else releases it before the sale ends, I'll buy Luna Engine and share it with you guys.
>>
>>87737750
>>87737889
>>87751705
Don't do it anon, Luna dev guy seems like a rad dude.
>>
>>87755825
Hi, Luna dev guy.

In other news, where would you say is the best place for me to upload it once I buy it? Somewhere where it's least likely to get taken down.
>>
File: RED 2.png (86KB, 384x192px) Image search: [Google]
RED 2.png
86KB, 384x192px
>>87757823
I'm not Luna dev guy, just advocating for him. If you're serious about your game and you want to take it to the next level you should help support the community by buying it.

Also Luna dev guy browses these threads, so don't expect anything to last too long.
>>
>Buy Luna Engine
>Checking demo projects
>Etrian demo
>Start battle
>Game crashes

Good job, Luna Dev Guy!
>>
>Luna Engine says it's easy for beginners to use.
>Have no idea what the fuck any of these options mean.
>>
File: 1413908740208.jpg (52KB, 405x554px) Image search: [Google]
1413908740208.jpg
52KB, 405x554px
Do you guys normally inspect everything in a map while you're playing? I like to work on the small details in my map (dynamic sound, npcs react to your actions, etc etc) and I have an entire black and white flashback scene that only triggers if you interact with a certain item on the map and I dunno if I should include more of this stuff is nobody actually finds it first.
>>
>>87758772
Yeah, 15 dollarydoos is pretty much nothing if you're serious about making your game. Of course the ones who pirate it to use it are also probably the people who won't end up releasing a game or even a demo, so it is a waste to pay money for something you're just going to fuck around with for a few days and then drop.
>>
>>87759146
IIRC there is a script with no name in the list of this demo, you have to delete it. And then it should work.
>>
>>87761056

Maybe if there's a hint that a flashback would trigger if you examine it, or if the item stands out somehow.
>>
>>87761056
Give it lil' sparkles.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 61

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.