[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Etrian Odyssey/Dungeon Crawler General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 276
Thread images: 47

File: 1378820490044.png (656KB, 1600x1200px)
1378820490044.png
656KB, 1600x1200px
>EO Stuff
http://pastebin.com/Ct3KwmTP

>7th Dragon Stuff
http://pastebin.com/Eccw5mua

>Recommended dungeon crawler titles (work-in-progress)
http://pastebin.com/w1UumPMf

>EORPG Scan
http://www.mediafire.com/download/akyshxa3gn3c3s3/SRS_EO_RPG.rar
http://yggdrasil-labyrinth-tabletop-rpg.wikia.com/wiki/Project_Index
>>
>>69291786
At this point we should just merge with Persona general or something since PQ is around the corner.
>>
ded
>>
File: 1399832901783.jpg (72KB, 400x400px)
1399832901783.jpg
72KB, 400x400px
I want that smile to protect me
>>
File: 1240756009448.jpg (17KB, 400x266px)
1240756009448.jpg
17KB, 400x266px
>>69292886
Even as a joke, hell no.
>>
Picked up the demo for Millenum Girl, seems pretty good.

Does it go into neck-beard pandering? Dating sim shit, etc? The characters seem Chibi as opposed to underage. But I still feel skeezy playing it.Not as bad as Star Child's demo though. Jesus fuck.
>>
File: F.O.E.png (26KB, 443x376px)
F.O.E.png
26KB, 443x376px
>>69295406
>Does it go into neck-beard pandering? Dating sim shit
No.
>>
>>69295997

Excellent. Might give it a try.
When my backlog is finished.
>>
>>69295406
The story mode is generic anime tripe, but the actual game isn't weeaboo neck beard garbage at all
>>
>>69295406
You should give classic a shot instead.
>>
>>69292886

I can already see what it's gonna be like when PQ releases.
>>
>>69298884
"I just started PersonaQ. How fucked am I?"

Honestly seems exactly the same to me
>>
>>69299085

I expect a lot of waifu shit posters. Unfortunately that's all the Persona fanbase is now. And not like there isn't waifus here but they have threads all about that.
>>
>>69299445
"Hey guys have you praised your blonde Protector goddess today?"
"Old and busted. Gunner is the new hotness"
"MUH CANADIAN! MAPLE SYRUP"

If the thread gets any worse it'll be because the thread ALWAYS gets worse when a new EO comes out, not because of fursona
>>
Dang I missed the new OP being made. I wanted to add all my LoT links and descriptions. Next tiiiiime.

For anyone interested. Labyrinth of Touhou is an overlooked dungeon crawler, with amazing gameplay. Fielding a party of 12 characters, with 4 active slots, any character can take a turn to rotate any party member with another. There is a cast of 40 characters to choose from (while they aren't all unlocked at the beginning I'll provide a link to a save at the start of the game all lvl 1 with them unlocked) with varying abilities.

The skillsets of each character are predefined, and well-designed. Having a party of 12 gives you room to include very narrow-design characters, leading to your party having a very 'toolbox' feel. Some of my favourite examples of characters include

Iku, who has an absurdly powerful +80% ATT/MAG buff, which also paralyzes your ally. Build around her (Take characters naturally resistant to Paralyze, and characters that can cure paralyze) and your damage will skyrocket.

Reisen, who has a variety of aoe attacks that inflict status drops, as well as a very fast self-targetting buff that enhances ALL of her stats. I believe it leaves her ATB at 80%, allowing it to be quickly spammed, maxing all her stat buffs at +100% in the time an enemy might get one turn. She also has Discarder, a decent single target nuke that debuffs ALL of the enemy stats.

Lots of super interesting characters, paired with bosses that make anything in EO seem like a cakewalk. We're talking multi-phase, brutal fights.

The game's grind is similar to EO. As long as you fully explore floors of the dungeon you will only occasionally have to grind in order to beat a tough boss, and that will only happen in the very late-game. In addition player skill has a significant impact on whether or not you win boss fights. Proper tactical swapping of characters can make a HUGE difference in how well your party performs.
>>
>>69302351
So instead of mashing your best heal/attack and hoping the boss dies before you, you're actually making interesting decision of who to swap in/out at what times.

Game can be found here : http://moriyashrine.weebly.com/labyrinth-of-touhou.html

NG+ patch with all characters unlocked at level 1 can be found here (account may be required): http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=7188.0;attach=15055

And the wiki can be found here: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou

If you're an EO fan and seeking more of a challenge or are just bored, highly encourage you to check it out.
>>
>>69299576

Etrian waifufaggotry usually only lasts for like 5 posts before the topic gets switched around, though.

Persona waifufaggotry consumes entire threads.
>>
How important is it that I finish Etrian Odyssey 2? I'm getting more and more bored and the game doesn't seem to be getting any more difficult. If anything, the only thing going up seems to be enemy evasion rate.
>>
>>69302919
Well it's not like any of the stories are connected. So stop if you want.
>>
>>69302919
Welcome to EO, it's not really very hard at all.
>>
>Thread dying before I come back from work

Alright lets try it again: Is the group version of poison worth it? I'm playing the original EO1 right now.
>>
>>69304178
No it isn't.
>>
>>69302351
I'm pretty interested in this, but at the same time I'm afraid of setting foot on the 2hu slippery slope.
>>
>>69304346
That is too bad. Thank you
>>
>>69304178

Nope. If you want to get rid of mobs faster, just put a point toward the Alchemist's AoEs and/or max out Landsknecht's Allslash.
>>
>>69304531
Hah! The only 2hu I've dealt with is LoT and Genius of Sappheiros, a more traditional JRPG based on 2hus.
>>
>>69304708
Allslash is the best way to clear trash in the game. Bait from the Dark Hunter is also really good.
>>
>>69304708
I just got into the second stratum and currently get raped by slimes so it is a little early for Allslash. Will keep it in mind though
>>
>>69305635
That's about when I had allslash online. Got to rush that shit. Actually I think I had 1 point in it when I did first stratum boss.
>>
>>69305635

Those slimes take a lot of damage to thunder and ice, if you have an Alchemist.
>>
>>69305963
My party is godmode though.

M/D/L
B/S

Bravery giving every character +150% damage /w Immunize from Medic. Game is a joke.
>>
>>69306448
Uh, pretty sure you're talking about 2 different games there.
>>
>tfw I started a NG+ in EO4 last night before I made an Arcanist, Imperial, and Bushi
Aww dammit.
>>
>>69306442
I have one but she has poison only right now. I'll add ice when she levels up
>>
Canadian is mai waifu.

/endfaggotry
>>
>>69307194

Daily reminder that waifufags are pretty much the same as this guy.
>>
>>69307058

Prioritize volt over ice since volt has the least number of enemies resistant to it.
>>
>>69307551
That is handy thank you. Anything else I should know before I leave this thread until I finish the game?
>>
>>69306448
>>69306728
I thought he was talking about EO1
>>
>>69308238
The original person was. But I don't recall EO1 having a B or D.
>>
>>69308416
Bard, Dark Hunter.
>>
>>69302351
Do I have to be a big ol' Touhou fan in order to "get" things?
>>
>>69291786
im new to this, should I play Etrian ODdysey 1 first or start with 2?
>>
>>69310529
Doesn't really matter. But be warned, that 2 is probably the hardest in the series. And if you have a 3ds, there's not much point in playing EO1. Since EOU is a remake of the original.
>>
>>69310529

I'd say give 4 or Untold a try - 4 is a good entry point to the series, and you can get a feel for the gameplay. 3 is (IMO) the best, but I've got a soft spot for EO2 even though it's the hardest of the lot.
>>
Because I saw it asked in a previous thread, and it's not very evident and it will prevent people from coming in and asking again.
In order to get saving working in EO2 on desmume you need to go to config, then slot 1 and then pick Retail MC +ROM
>>
>>69310529
A lot of people recommend 3,4, or Untold as a starting point but like >>69310856 said, 2 is probably the hardest in the series.

Etrian Odyssey almost requires that you come up with your party members personalities. The story is pretty basic, so it relies a lot on your imagination on how your party would react to each other and to events.
>>
>>69310529
Just play 7th Dragon instead, it's pretty much the same thing only a top down RPG and actually enjoyable and well written, which EO isn't. EO is basically just grind, the games.
>>
>>69311542

This anon's right - a lot of the Etrian Odyssey games come from your own investment into it, rather than having a narrative told (Story more in Untold, 4 being outliers of this)
>>
>>69311035
>Etrian Odyssey almost requires that you come up with your party members personalities.

what the christ are you even talking about?
>>
>>69307331
Who is that guy?
>>
>>69311707

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj66f6Pvyuk
>>
>>69309790
Not at all. The 'plot' of the game is mostly meta RPG/Japanese culture jokes. You'll miss out on the meaning of some of the jokes, but you'll definitely get others. FF, Dragon Quest, even Etrian Odyssey is referenced.

The 'plot' is really minimal though, and mostly amounts to a small back and forth between the characters when you reach a boss or new floor. The game (like most touhou) is all about the gameplay.
>>
>>69311664
that wasn't what I meant you dumb fuck, god, you people are obsessive morons. 7th Dragon doesn't really have the best story in the world either and relies on investment as well and there is also a lot of grinding. Get off your fucking high horse, dear god. I swear EO fans are the worst things to exist.
>>
>>69311948
For example, when the party first gets to a warp point, they have a meta conversation about how it must be a warp circle, because well it's right at the start of the 2nd floor, what else could it be?

That kind of stuff.
>>
>>69312025

I was agreeing! I liked 7th Dragon's story and how it unfolded better than in some of the early EO games.
>>
>>69311707
Motomu Toriyama, a game director at Square Enix, I have no fucking clue what this poster is even trying to say here...
>>
>>69311676
There's no character back story for party members (aside from them joining your guild). To get really immersed in the Etrian games, it helps to give the people in your party(s) some backstory. This isn't as big in Untold and 4 where the NPCs are pretty lively, but the other ones are a little less fleshed out. I wish I had that pic where the guy states as much...
>>
>>69312243
Toriyama pretty much fueled the entire FFXIII franchise based on his apparent fetishization of main character Lightning

like how he made her breasts bigger with each installment
>>
>>69311858
oh no, he made a presentation that focuses on the main character in an upcoming game... He must be a waifu fag, yes this is most certainly the logical conclusion.
>>
File: 1360875346816.png (552KB, 552x608px)
1360875346816.png
552KB, 552x608px
>>69312296
Wasn't it from the same series as this?
>>
>>69312349
It's called marketing... and guess what, it worked.
>>
>>69312776
I think so. It had the same background too.
>>
>>69312870
They're up on the official English website. I'm really lazy, but if anyone wants to see all of them (there's seven entries) they're listed under the "Director's Diary" in the Columns section
http://www.atlus.com/etrian/
>>
>>69312296
>To get really immersed in the Etrian games, it helps to give the people in your party(s) some backstory.
this is the most retarded thing I have ever read, are you autismal or something? There is next to no story and you are the only person in your party that is ever referred to, why the hell would you need to give your characters back stories, wtf is wrong with you?
>>
>>69313021
>http://www.atlus.com/etrian/

Go to Columns > Director's Diary > page 5
>>
I've never made backstories for my characters in my crawlan. It's a dungeon crawl not a pen & paper RPG. I play dungeon crawls to slay strong beasts and explore dungeons. I play pen & paper RPGs to create a narrative.
>>
File: image.jpg (49KB, 500x500px)
image.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
>there are people in /eog/ right now who think that having a not big overarching plot is a bad thing
>there are people in /eog/ right now that can't immerse themselves as explorers of a gargantuan labyrinth
>mfw
>>
>>69313509
Same here. I pick a class, portrait and name, that's it.
>>
>>69313570
Sorry I just can't take Cirno trying to encourage me seriously.
>>
>>69313509
People experience media differently. No one's saying you absolutely have to assign your character portraits personalities, but it helps you grow a kind of attachment to your characters, and I think it fosters a stronger attachment than to characters that are presented to you, because even if some dude in Tennessee also has an L/P T/A/M team with the exact same portraits as you, how you experience the characters and how you write their narrative is entirely different from them. I really hate the term "head canon", but it's the best description to what a lot of us here do.
>>
File: 1400321940554.png (440KB, 1041x1259px)
1400321940554.png
440KB, 1041x1259px
>>69313570
>There is one guy in /eog/ who can't accept how others enjoy their single player experience in a single player game
>>
>>69313787
It's not my intention to talk down to people who do create backstories, just explaining how I interact with the medium.
>>
>>69314020
I kinda bled into talking to that guy flinging shit around, so my bad. Everyone's experience is valid, but some experiences are more valid than others.
>>
>>69313509
That's totally fine. I probably worded it wrong but what I meant was, it can really get you invested in the game when you do so. It's not absolutely necessary, but for some it can be a positive.
>>
>>69313787
>No one's saying you absolutely have to assign your character portraits personalities

Except for the guy that said exactly that.
>>
>>69314180
Except for that guy, but fuck that guy.
>>
>>69314473
Yes, it makes complete sense to ignore the source of the line of conversation that you are responding to.
>>
>>69313570
>there are people in /eog/ right now who think that having a not big overarching plot is a bad thing

>there are people in /eog/ right now that can't read an entire conversation and see that wasn't the point at all.
>>
>>69310997
>I've got a soft spot for EO2 even though it's the hardest of the lot.
What makes you say that? Feels pretty easy over here.
>>
>>69318853
EO2 is generally considered the hardest in the series. But there are some skills that completely break the game.
>>
>finished EO4, first game in EO series, really enjoy it
>want to do EO2 before I do EO3 or EOU
>order a copy to be mailed to me since no place locally has a copy, and I don't really want to play it on an emulator
>EO2 in the mail for over a week despite being shipped from within the same state
Why the fuck is the USPS so fucking bad?
>>
>>69319249
Is that counting force skills or no? I know Revenge is nasty so I'll only use it on bosses, but what else qualifies?
>>
>>69320161
Other than revenge, I don't remember, it's been quite a while since I've played it.
>>
>>69302351
Nothing on LoT2?

It's not fully translated (yet), but all the item / skill / spell effects are as well as important dialogue that you need to know.
>>
File: 1356853838979.png (233KB, 500x500px)
1356853838979.png
233KB, 500x500px
>>69313750
>>
>>69320161

Revenge is really good for bosses, but I didn't use it for random encounters. With torpor maxed, it's like a 80% chance to hit, so you can stop enemies from ever doing anything.
>>
>>69320161
>>69320843

Hell, Revenge is pretty much the best (or only reasonable) way to defeat Colossus. That guy was ridiculous.
>>
>>69321398

Well, dampen is what you need, but that's on a hexer anyway.
>>
>>69320613
I've only just started playing LoT2 yesterday. I'd feel bad doing a write-up on it. I don't recall where I found the original download either, I had it from months ago and just patched it.

The game seems pretty solid so far though. A nice rebalancing on a lot of the OP characters from LoT1
>>
>>69322867
Fair enough, I'm actually in the same boat as you. Just started playing it again the other day after sitting on it for months (mostly because I can't read much Japanese). So when I found out the important bits were translated I started up a new file. I just hit the jungle stratum and am cruising along pretty quickly, Orin and Utsuho carrying as usual.
>>
>>69323251
How's the difficulty compared to the first? I normally find the bosses on like floor 7/8 start being a bit of trouble, and then the mid 10's they start being a challenge. As an experienced LoT-er.

I think Yuyuko on floor 14 of the original is the first legit hard boss.

Oh god I've played this shit too many times.
>>
>>69323736
About the same difficulty, actually a lot of bosses that make a return are exactly or nearly exactly the same (Mokou comes to mind), so if you're experienced in LoT then you'll have no problem with LoT2.

The major differences come down to Evasion actually working in 2, as well as Rinnosuke being totally redesigned.
>>
>>69324006
And the new passives / skill system! Having characters that do things passively when they take their turn is pretty neat.
>>
>>69324303
Oh well yeah, but that's nothing new for EO players, I just assumed it was a staple for this sort of genre.

But you're right, it's super neat. I'm playing now and if it wasn't for Chen's instant attack skill I'd be sent back home way more,
>>
>>69324006
>The major differences come down to Evasion actually working in 2

That still never got fixed in 1?
>>
>>69329937
Not to my knowledge
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0Cx8aiBto

New FOE video went up earlier today for Persona Q.
>>
>>69292886
>>69298884
>>69293051
A Divorce with /SMTG/'s Younger brother sure would be funny though
>>
>>69341704
We'd be sluts
>>
File: 01.jpg (56KB, 527x603px)
01.jpg
56KB, 527x603px
>>69342350

But we chose a slut to represent us. Someone post the images I don't have them.
>>
>>69341004
Even in Persona, FOE
>>
>>69302351
As someone who's playing through the game normally (not NG+) I wonder how much of a different experience I'm getting since I don't have access to the "OP" characters right off the bat. Like right now the Suwako fight is still giving me a lot of trouble since she can paralyze the party, including the healers and just have her way with me.
I guess it's worth it to give my team +PAR resist.
>>
>>69345141
Everything is very doable. I played through the game twice in 'normal' mode before switching to NG+. The Suwako fight is completely optional and REALLY hard. Skip it for a while. She's a great character, but you can come back in a floor or two for her. Lots of the recruitment fights are like that in the mid-late game.

Are you using the wiki? That's extra important when playing normally. Also, get used to re-arranging your equipment. Every few floors I use the unequip all function and hand it back out. I use Iku to buff often in my teams, so I'm quite liberal with the +PAR resist gear, so I never noticed that difficulty with Suwako.
>>
>>69348927
Yeah, I decided to proceed with the story and just saved Ran.

Not really using the wiki much myself. So far only used it to check basic sys information (how rows work, evasion bug, etc.) and after I didn't play the game for awhile to look up where Komachi was after I defeated the ghosts. It's been pleasantly rewarding figuring stuff on my own and drawing my own maps (warps for Floor 7) up until now, but nice to be aware it's there if I do get stuck.
>>
>>69350124
God have mercy on your soul when you get to floor 10 - 12. Well it's probably not THAT bad if you keep very meticulous notes as you go through.
>>
>>69350124
But yeah, any time you get to a fight that is balls to the wall much harder than what you have done previously, you can probably skip it. Unless it's the floor 14/16/18/20 boss. That's where the fun begins.
>>
>>69302351
>Labyrinth of Touhou
I played this quite a while back (think 2011 or so), but for some reason I had to stop and I forgot about it. I still recall replacing the character portraits to the ones I like.

>>69345141
I have the 3.0.1 patch and I'm 6 hrs in (14 characters and level 25). How far away am I from finishing it? I'm thinking of restarting only if I can finish it in one go.
>>
File: check 'em.png (482KB, 650x510px)
check 'em.png
482KB, 650x510px
>>69351497
Also on 3.0.1 and I'm 20 hours in on floors 10-12. From previous discussion I think there's a total of 30 floors for at least the main game, so I'd bet this game will keep you busy for awhile. The anons who've actually finished this game are probably more suited to answering this though.
>>
>>69351798
Just noticed that I'm level 21 and at floor 5, not level 25. Guess I'm quite far away.

Thanks anon.
>>
Is a translation for 7th Dragon 2020 being worked on?
>>
Heyo, I'm currently at Floor 18 in EO1, and my EOU arrived last week.
What are the differences between EO1 and Classic?
>>
>>69355143
Sega sent a "cease & desist" to whoever tried to do the translation, the same seems to have happenned to the ones who translated the original game but somehow they could finish it.
>>
File: 1395279569697.png (21KB, 176x232px)
1395279569697.png
21KB, 176x232px
>>69364558
>Sega sent a "cease & desist" to whoever tried to do the translation
Fuck.
>>
>>69368480
Hopefully someone out there is just working on it very quietly, and one day they'll just surprise us with a release and it'll be too late to stop them.
>>
>>69368946
>Translators
>Working quietly

Pick one
>>
File: Asian_Finn.jpg (40KB, 600x600px)
Asian_Finn.jpg
40KB, 600x600px
I've been killed more times in the final few bossfights of Dragon Quest IX than I have been through the entirety of EO1. The final boss just obliterated my party, mein gott it was a massacre

Sadly I can't go get me some metal slime exp until reaching the slime plateau/tower of Nod in postgame- grinding on the MS/MM/LMS that are available up until that point is so tedious that you're better off just killing regular monsters in the final dungeon

Guess spending many hours to get the best gear through alchemy pays off and is almost a requirement.
>>
>>69369440
Worked for the NDS 7th dragon translation released in April.

How new *are* you exactly?
>>
Is reclassing a landshnuck into a highlander viable?
>>
>>69368480
What's worse is that they aren't doing anything with the IP. They're just being dicks.
>>
>>69372043
Holy water is your friend.
>>
>>69295997

I was bored and I had nothing to do so I made a backgroundless version.
>>
File: 1388999811693.jpg (972KB, 1577x2256px)
1388999811693.jpg
972KB, 1577x2256px
>>69388271
<3
>>
>>69351798
>>69352159
20 floors in the original game. And expansion (which is 3.01) came out later with another 10 floors. The 10 expansion floors ramp the difficulty up like mad. You can consider yourself won at the end of 20, or 30. I never had an accurate hour count as I leave the game open all the time, but I think a full playthrough of all 30 is probably ~80 hours. Each floor is generally harder and larger than the last. Some of the final floors in the bottom 20's are absurd. Floor 27? or 28? is a truly ridiculous maze filled with very strong enemies
>>
This guy totally gets it
>>
1-2 EO3
3-4 7th dragon
5-6 Demise
7-8 Starforce 3
9-0PoP Within Warrior

(don't) wish me luck.
>>
>>69393801
You should just nut up and play Demise. You'll only last 10 - 20 hours before it breaks you anyways.
>>
>>69389862
Thanks~
>>
>>69389862

Is there any extra story content or character interaction in the 20+ floors? Does anything happen after defeating Floor 30 boss?
>>
File: ritsu pft laugh.png (537KB, 820x720px)
ritsu pft laugh.png
537KB, 820x720px
>>69341004
>Personafags complaining about FOE
>>
>>69397832

I didn't see that. I expected >even in persona FOE and about 80% of the comments are that.
>>
>>69397642
Yeah, every floor has their normal dialogue. There's a bunch of dialogue events, 8 new characters to recruit etc. I don't know what happens when you beat the final boss, I've never beaten him.

Seriously read the description of his abilities: http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Dungeons/30F#.2A.2A.2AWINNER.2A.2A.2A he is utter insanity. I would have taken him down but I accidentally saved over my game on floor 28 a couple days ago.
>>
>>69397832
>Complaining
BAWW, MUH HARD THINGS
>>
File: 1358531769270.jpg (182KB, 600x557px)
1358531769270.jpg
182KB, 600x557px
slut
>>
>>69412406
Nice ass.
>>
>>69296479

You don't get to try classic in the demo, so he won't be able to experience it safe for buying/watching on youtube.
>>
>>69341004

>One of the FOE is a flexing bodybuilder

I don't play Purseowner 3/4, but now I am taunted to buy PQ.
>>
>>69302351

I got on it 3 years ago, but stopped abruptly when I started getting bored of tuhu. It might sound weird, but the setting is just not engaging enough when compared to EO series.
>>
>>69415905
I'm flipped the other way. Bosses are what I play these games for, and bosses in EO are boring as fuck. Bosses in LoT are interesting affairs. I outline my perspective on the bossfight in my previous point though.

I'd rather have a bland generic tunnel to walk down with several very complicated and interesting bosses, than a lush interesting dungeon with bland generic bosses.

I mean ideally you'd have both, but that doesn't exist yet (afaik)
>>
>>69416157

>EO bosses
>Boring

I don't know about that. I enjoyed fighting the bosses in EO3. A hydra boss who can heal up its heads if you don't cut them down at once? An automaton that splits its body? A queen that throws her retainers at you?

As far as I recalled, LoT is all about getting the necessary buff to beat the boss, sometimes through preservation. Kind of like SMT series.
>>
>>69372043

Do you have a Paladin to tank and/or buff your party's defenses, and someone who can cast Multi Heal? That might help.
>>
>>69416568http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Dungeons/16F#Yukari

Tell me of a boss that comes close to that in EO.

More importantly than the bosses themselves being complicated, the tactical decisions you make as a player are more interesting in LoT. What's the most complicated choice you ever make in EO? Whether to heal or risk another attack?

In LoT you have to choose who to switch in and out at which point, which characters do you need on the front line atm. It adds another layer of complexity on top of the normal JRPG experience.

Also I really love not having consumables.
>>
>>69419394

I didn't read it all, but doesn't Abyssal God match the criteria of having multiple phases?

EO3 has you decide how to build your team to make use of the sixth slot, whether to use a summon or have a ninja clone. The 3 ygg build that I enjoy most needs you to decide when to discard a which body part to benefit from the situation.

Haven't gotten much into EO4, but I like EO3 for the sea quests. Tackling bosses with slot limitation sort of turns it into a puzzle game, since you need to make use everything to put a strong enemy down. (Like that challenge to beat Elder Dragon with 3 AIs. Boy, ain't that a challenge).

I use consumables sparingly, so it doesn't matter much for me.
>>
>>69420370

Too me it looks like he's comparing what appears an endgame boss to just any boss in EO. To me all the choices and strategy come from outside the battles, you know, on how you make your teams. The bosses are just there to test your teams.
>>
>>69421050
LoT has those same choices when building your party. Each of the different girls is a different 'class' and you have to combine 12 of them to form a party. The bosses are more complex than EO almost immediatly. This a boss on the second floor.

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Labyrinth_of_Touhou/Dungeons/2F#Youmu_and_her_Ghost_Half

Again, the real hook for me is that combat is more engaging. In EO all I do is cast my buffs, and then attack. When I get low, cast heals. There's nothing more to it. Maybe setting up a chase, but even that is still very rote.
>>
Hey, kids. I have something that will make your trip through the labyrinth a lot more interesting... it only costs 999,999 en.

Ready?
>>
>>69426068

You're going to send in a horde of squirrels to steal our wires, aren't you?
>>
>>69426068
Well, I've never answered "No" when prompted in EO before.

So why not?
>>
>>69426068
and What about if we use you as Deer food?
>>
>>69426068
Can I pay in 111111 payments of 9en?
>>
>That part in EO4 where you have to go through all the previous strata, and if you warp out or you have to backtrack for 20 minutes

Whoever thought this was a good idea needs a slap
>>
>>69430152
Can't you just go through the boss door of that particular strata? I do agree though. I would have wanted the 5th stratum to have more than one floor.
>>
>>69430152
But it's hard!
>>
>>69430152
There's shortcuts behind each boss area.
>>
>>69431126
It's still a pain in the ass
>>
>>69431264
It's literally exactly like starting from the top of a stratum and making your way back to where you were, only with a little bit more autobattling this time.

There's plenty of little things wrong with EO4 but this is not one of them.
>>
So, anyone played MindZero or Demon's Gaze?

Are they good?

Also, Dungeon Crawler recommendations on Vita, please.
>>
>>69433686

Demon Gaze is alright and worth a shot, not as good as EO to me. Mind=Zero or whatever is straight up kusoge.
>>
File: eo4_artbook_comic.jpg (1MB, 1771x2547px)
eo4_artbook_comic.jpg
1MB, 1771x2547px
>tfw we won't be getting Teach from PQ (Obviously)

What else will we be missing out?
>>
>>69433686
If you like Wizardry style crawlers you should definitely check out Elminage Original.
>>
>>69430152
>Have to go through each of the previous stratums
>Not just giving stratum 5 five floors and having each floor have a previous stratum's gimmick

goddamn the Forgotten Capital was disappointing
>>
>>69436978
>Implying she won't be the final boss
>PQ is her attempt to kill EO because of Gunner and the others stealing her thunder.
>>
Stay alive
>>
>>69444070
No.
>>
>tfw everyone is level 10
>only one quest left aside from wolves
>need moar levels to take down boars so I can finish the map and get the stairs
>can't get it without retarded levels of grind
god why does this game place so much importance on question and why does it feel the need to split up your EXP and give you shit EXP for monsters not even SMT is this bad
>>
Does anyone know where I could get transparent character sprites for EO4? There's nothing on that .rar on the pastebin.
>>
File: EO4.png (16KB, 750x452px)
EO4.png
16KB, 750x452px
>1000 years in MS paint

Since there's not much to do with EO, I tried making up a roll game to spice it up. I haven't made rules regarding the three other classes, but hey, I made it in 5 minutes.
>>
Mmm... people what you think is a "good" build in 7th dragon? and by good build I mean one who abuses of one or more gimmicks making the party crazy.

Main: K/F or T/P/M
Secondary: F ot T/S/T/M (I have 2 thieves in the guild)

so far I can stand the fights pretty well. but the party is too standard. I would like to experiment with something
>>
>>69452324
oh boy here we go
>>
>>69455000
I guess you'll never die?
>>
>>69455000
OH HOLY... It sucks to be you.
>>
>>69455091
>>
File: 29296889.jpg (86KB, 600x600px)
29296889.jpg
86KB, 600x600px
>>69455091
>>
>>69455000
Congratulations.
>>
File: 1397860001509.gif (72KB, 100x100px)
1397860001509.gif
72KB, 100x100px
>>69455000
mein leben
>>
>>69452324
I'll try it
>>
>>69449539

By boar and wolves, I suppose you mean EOU? Why do you think you want to challenge high-levelled mini-boss that early?

You can still kill one with minimum stuff, barely.
>>
>EO3
>FemGlad (is best glad) subclassed with Shogun
>Put 1 point in Kaishaku
>100% enemy mortality rate
>0% friendly casualties
>FOEs
>Bosses
>Superbosses
>All fall beneath the blade

I AM BECOME DEATH, DESTROYER OF STRATUMS
>>
>>69457612
I accidentally challenged a boar and it nearly wrecked me,I survived with Raquna only and it a paltry 800 for it. Also what level am I supposed to be for fenrir and his hoard of bitches cause I've only got one available quest right now and I'm getting maybe 250 total exp from the enemies.
>>
I wonder how many people will buy PQ thinking it's the same as Persona then bash it for being too hard then the game getting really low scores because it's not beginner friendly.
>>
>>69462257

Against Fenrir for the first time, you need to be a cheap-ass and bomb its hope for reinforcements away. He's not so fearsome alone.
>>
>>69462401
So bbuy ALL the fire bombs then. The lleveling gets bbetter later on right?
>>
>>69462487
I used two flash bombs and one sonic bomb for that fight.
>>
>>69462348

>Instead of 2, the game will guide you around for the first few floors with 4 level 30 NPCs

Nope, not gonna gather tears any time soon. Newbie will never feel the joy of getting ambushed by 3 blind moles 5 minutes into the game.

>>69462487

EO series usually give you sufficient exp to keep up with a new stratum, at least for the first few stratums.

It's usually the norm to get some floors into a new stratum, then get back to kill the FOE from previous stratum for their loots.
>>
>>69452324
Seems simple enough
>>
>>69313570
The overarching plot in EO3 were so good though.

>we'll never get another EO with alignment routes
>>
File: RISKY.png (222KB, 600x337px)
RISKY.png
222KB, 600x337px
>>69462736
>Instead of 2, the game will guide you around for the first few floors with 4 level 30 NPCs
>not playing on RISKY
>>
>>69465471
I fucking hate JRPGs with branching storylines. If I want to replay the game I will. I do not at all appreciate being forced to do so in order to see the whole game.
>>
>>69465612
Has anyone translated those difficulty settings? I'm aware that 'RISKY' was never actually shown.
>>
>>69465612

>tfw it's revealed that Risky would just be "EO2 difficulty".
>>
>>69465985
I'm honestly expecting RISKY to just be EO normal, and the four others to be various layers of increasing babymode.
>>
>>69465884
Answering this myself. They're translated in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-lrvQRx3dA

Pretty generic descriptions overall. At least the EOU difficulty modes were fairly explicit in what they changed.
>>
File: ? ??.png (76KB, 790x445px)
? ??.png
76KB, 790x445px
>>69465985
Oh, I fully expect that.

I'll wait for word on how the balance is. Ideally I think I'd like to do my first playthrough on Hard and the second on Risky, as long as Hard is Hard enough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QM0Cx8aiBto
>>
File: mfw deep ones.jpg (143KB, 576x517px)
mfw deep ones.jpg
143KB, 576x517px
>>69465797
You don't like feeling like your choices made a difference?
>>
>>69466881
Ultimately no, since I effectively went back in time and chose the other path as well
>>
>>69466881

But you suck, your lowness. I'd be the new "onii-chan" of the little sister.
>>
File: 1400612931033.gif (942KB, 294x197px)
1400612931033.gif
942KB, 294x197px
>mfw Iron Turtles in Untold
>>
I want to have consensual missionary position sex with Gutrune.
>>
>>69470918

Normal mode or horrible tentacle monster mode?
>>
>>69471978
Why not both?
>>
File: PQ stratums.jpg (379KB, 1064x982px)
PQ stratums.jpg
379KB, 1064x982px
First stratum is essentially "You in Wonderland"
Third one here is "Group Date Cafe"; yes, they turned a shitty comedy scene from P4 into its own entire stratum, I can't stop laughing

I don't really mind that we're doing this instead of EO5 right away because it's letting them get more creative with stratum designs like Strange Journey.

Fourth one here, which we've seen the least of, seems to be reusing the gate mechanics from the Abyssal Shrine.
>>
>>69466064
I'm willing to bet Hard is EO Normal, while Risky turns up the bullshit factor (as recent Persona games tend to do with their Ultimate Hella Mode) by doing things like increasing your ambushed rate and making it so even if you attack FOEs from behind they still might get the jump on you.
>>
File: COLORS.jpg (30KB, 287x220px)
COLORS.jpg
30KB, 287x220px
>>69474841
I missed this the first time I watched all the trailers too. Lots of freedom for what color you want to paint your floor tiles.
>>
>>69465985
>EO2 difficulty
>EO2

So Fake then?
>>
>>69474847

I don't know, even on the hardest difficulty, P4G was fucking cakewalk. They cut the exp you earn but even still I was steam rolling everything after the first 2 dungeons.
>>
>>69486398
Vanilla P4 on Hard was like that for me, too. It was my first SMT game, but after struggling through the first and second dungeon, I just fused Black Frost and carried him through until the Heaven dungeon.
>>
Just beat Elminage Original (main story). 50 hours across almost one week. Great game!
>>
>>69486949
Congratulations! Now you can finish off the remaining quests, explore the postgame area, fight the game's deities, and start having babies with monsters
>>
>>69466779
>Ken takes 668 damage
Good. Fuck the little shit.
>>
>>69490724
I actually did all the quests except those requiring summoner. Perhaps that's why I felt like I am way too overpowered for the final fight.

But looks like I need to grind quite a bit for the deities.
>>
File: 009_MORGAEL5.jpg (74KB, 586x480px)
009_MORGAEL5.jpg
74KB, 586x480px
>>69491258
That's impressive, you did all that in one week?
Making your mage a summoner after getting all the spells you want is fun as heck, getting a bunch of monster girl pokemans as extra party members and shit. Monsters that get many turns or heal your party make exceptional summons
Also yeah, the gods are nuts. Party wide beheading and insane damage and stuff. You'll want a lord in your party for sure
>>
>>69491865
So the game has wizardry style reclassing? I am not intrigued.
>>
>>69492638
That should read now intrigued. oops.
>>
>>69491865
I did not change class at all. Almost all my battles were fast forwarded too (no animation).

Still, the recorded time is 52 hours. Not sure if that is considered fast, considering I spent some time reading FAQs.

>>69492994
It's basically Wizardry mechanics, plus new stuff. For example, you have the Samurai, lord and ninja as advanced classes. Monsters drop treasure after battle. etc etc. It's pretty well made in my opinion.
>>
>>69493393
>going to pirate it
>there's a patch out to fix the shitty translation on PSN
>I use an emulator
Damn. Oh well.
>>
File: 1399964775160.jpg (9KB, 239x250px)
1399964775160.jpg
9KB, 239x250px
>>69494278
I recommend getting a second hand psp somewhere cheap sometime and throwing on some custom firmware to run ISOs.
Being able to carry around Class of Heroes 1&2, Elminage, Tactics Ogre, Disgaea, and games like Patapon, ClaDunx2 and Holy Invasion of Privacy, Badman! What Did I Do To Deserve This? make it well worth it.
>>
>>69494278
Well, I would say that this is worth your money if you like Wizardry style crawlers. It's at least good for 70+ hours. The only thing that irritates me is the fact that I play this on Vita so I can't load custom portraits.
>>
File: 1380088985691.jpg (468KB, 566x800px)
1380088985691.jpg
468KB, 566x800px
>>69495096
Where can I find the best of said firmware? Getting portable disgaea and elminage sounds pretty amazing.
>>
Finished EO4, my first EO, and now I'm ready to move on: EO3 or EOU next? (EO2 is also on the to-do list, but not until later, and since I'm doing EOU, I probably won't do EO1, or at least not until I've done all the others).
>>
>>69501639
EO3 is my personal favourite. It shakes up the classes a bit more than other games do.
>>
>>69501639
Either is good. But 3 is my favorite.
>>
Starting Strata 4 in EO1, this is some pretty good music. Let's see if this strata can give the god-party a challenge.
>>
>>69501912
OH GOD ONE WAY SAND AND NO MAPPING TOOLS FOR IT WTF EO1
>>
>>69502295
I was curious how I did that floor, since it's been a good long while since I last played EO1

Turns out I just didn't map them.
>>
>>69502638
That's my solution as well I guess.
>>
>>69502638
It's only the one floor though right? please god say it is
>>
>>69502889
Next floor will be even worse :^)

Or is it B19F. Both are bad, I guess.

Also I guess I should've spoilered my map. My bad, dude.
>>
I pulled up my B19F map

holy shit how did I even manage with this
>>
>>69503064
Next floor isn't that bad. But b19f is the worst part of the stratum.
>>
File: 1401413656497.png (406KB, 607x743px)
1401413656497.png
406KB, 607x743px
>>69501389
I booted my old psp up to check- I've always had psp cfw pro 660-B. It's been a couple years since I got my custom firmware, so there should be newer versions out.

A quick search engine check and you should find it, or better firmware like it, easily. You can either replace the original firmware of the psp, or just have your psp run the cfw as though it's software; I recommend doing the latter to prevent any chance of bricking your shit. Find some instructions and throw all the files in the right folders, creating some if necessary. See if it works, if not you misplaced a file or it's not compatible with your psp model. Troubleshooting and patience. Once everything is in order you should be able to access any isos you have on your memorycard after booting your cfw. Takes a couple seconds every time

You can also run emulators after installing your cfw, which is pretty good. Muh SNES games
>>
File: rsz_wvzxmau.jpg (346KB, 1632x1224px)
rsz_wvzxmau.jpg
346KB, 1632x1224px
>>69503216
My floor 14. I'm not very bright.
>>
Don't get too relieved after passing B19F. I'll just say that I hope you get a few hours of free time. And lots of healing items. And lots and lots of patience.
>>
File: 38103767.jpg (40KB, 500x500px)
38103767.jpg
40KB, 500x500px
>>69504093
Excellent.
>>
>>69501779
>>69501829
Decided to go with EO3.

I tried to make a good setup that I felt would get me through at least the main story; how did I do?
H/M/N
A/Z

Also, which subclasses would be recommended for those? Thanks.
>>
>>69505505
Also, regarding Monks, the description says that "their bare hands are stronger than weapons." Does that essentially mean that I leave them completely unarmed for the entire game when it comes to pushing damage from them?
>>
>>69505505
EO3 is a little different, in that certain classes can make use of the 6th character slot. Those are, ninja, wildling and a hidden class.

A good sub for hoplite, is ninja. Monk, sub prince(ss). A and Z can both sub gladiator for charge.
>>
Just got Millennium Girl
never played any EO's. whats to expect
>>
>>69505963
dungeon crawling. And if you picked story mode: CANADACANADACANADA
>>
>>69505963
Pain. Pain and suffering.

Well if you play it on the original difficulty (which is called expert for some reason), expect everything to hurt, a lot. I mean monsters will 1-2 shot you until you get some decent equipment and level up a bit.

Also, I suggest playing classic mode.
>>
>>69506117
what, like the VA's are canadian i dont get it
>>
>>69505963

Visil is the killer
>>
>>69506173
Well, if you play story mode, you will find out what he means fairly quick.
>>
File: 615616543243.jpg (35KB, 499x451px)
615616543243.jpg
35KB, 499x451px
>start EOU's story mode
>time to name the highlander
>just want to be lazy/unoriginal and call the highlander "Highlander"
>not enough room to fit the 'R' on the end
God dammit, why?
>>
>>69508070
>Not naming him Connor
>Not having a lone highlander run
>>
I can't stop reading everything Shilleka says in Hermes's voice.
>>
>>69508945
You mean in a Jamaican accent?
>>
>>69509148
Essentially, yes; Hermes is just my go-to Jamaican reference.
>>
>>69508945
I always read it in Labrys's voice even though their accents are different. Did the same voice for Wynne, too.

Cindy Robinson is basically my "girl with an accent" voice.
>>
>>69454951
No one? Awwwwwwww....
>>
>>69508945
>Not reading her voice as Ms.Cleo
>>
File: eog.png (264KB, 931x335px)
eog.png
264KB, 931x335px
>>
Top kek
>>
Bump (again)
>>
File: 1380088379503.jpg (468KB, 1000x1361px)
1380088379503.jpg
468KB, 1000x1361px
I'm sorrry, I have no EO images, but bump.
>>
What's demise ?
>>
>>69519397
A game that breaks you. It's the most hardcore, absurd, large dungeon crawl in existence. I've played a few hundred hours of it
>>
>>69519495
Console?
>>
>>69520350
Toaster
>>
>>69520350
PC. I don't know if there's even a hacked copy of Ascension (the expansion) available. There wasn't when I checked a couple years ago and ended up buying. You can easily pirate the base game to see if its something you'd like.

Seriously, it's a very dense, very hard to get into game. If you're not comfortable with old archaic PC games, go elsewhere.
>>
>>69520446
Is it as bad as dota?
>>
>>69520624
>>
>>69520624
There's lots of let's play footage up on youtube, go check it out.
>>
I got started on Labyrinth of Touhou 2 the other day.

Anyone played it and beat Tenshi on Floor 9? What a ridiculous fight.
>>
>>69522656
Nah, the lack of translated events has stopped me from getting into it.
>>
>>69452324
Hit me with your best shot, RNGesus.
>>
Everyone is busy, it seems
>>
>>69525414
What a nice picture
>>
>>69504093
>>69503216

What the fuck are these from?
>>
>>69527091
Someone's custom drawn EO1 maps. There's not a lot of tools for drawing shit in EO1.
>>
>>
>>69529690
Seems about right. I forgot to shave this morning.
>>
>>69529690
Why does a bear need weapons. Would be pretty neat to have them be a weaponless class
>>
>>69529978
Bear=Strong
Weapons=Strong
Bear+Weapons=Stronger
>>
>>69533235
My uncle is a scientist and this formula checks out
>>
>>69533235
But they have the right to bear arms
>>
>>69533385
And bear arms they shall have.
Thread posts: 276
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.