[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gdg/ Grim Dawn General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 191
Thread images: 23

File: 2015-02-17_00004.jpg (393KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-02-17_00004.jpg
393KB, 1920x1080px
I think it's dying Edition

>What is Grim Dawn
Grim Dawn is an ARPG made by a few left over developers from Iron Lore Entertainment who also made Titan Quest along with a few other devs including one D1/D2 designer. Currently you can't really pirate it because it breaks NPCS and quests (custom DRM I'm guessing) but there is a DRM free version planned for launch.

>What are some features
Dual Class System
Faction-Based Questing
Refined Loot Drops
300+ Hero Monsters
Destructible Environments
Dynamic Weather
Recipe-Based Crafting
Modding Tools (Future)
DRM Free Version (At launch in February 2016)
Survival Mode (think endless dungeon) (for all backers)
More here http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/featurelist.php

>FAQ
http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/about/faq.php

>Game Guide
http://www.grimdawn.com/game.php

>Wiki
http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Grim_Dawn_Wiki

>Advanced mechanics
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23720

>Build Planner
http://grimcalc.com/
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23967

>Item Database
http://gracefuldusk.appspot.com/items

>Store Page
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

>Why is this game taking so long to make?
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=257065#post257065

>Trade
Post in the thread, in the forums or in the ledit.

>Story summery by aniki:
https://imgur.com/SJIlwBX

>Devotion skills level 1 - max level comparisons
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30184
>>
Hey man don't say such things. It will get a lot more players when it's finally released. I'm still enjoying it a lot and it's one of my favorite game ever. I just wish there was some end content like challenges or survival.
>>
>>129172094
I meant the general. The last one died and I had to revive it. The game is awakening! Soon my brother! We'll cleanse these filthy Aetherials
>>
>>129172172
we need more autistic posters who never leave the foru- i mean thread
>>
>>129172172
Next time I'm playing I'll drop a /v/ server. Too bad there's only 4 players at once. I hope no one is using cheats here but I doubt it.
>>
does the "25% reduced elemental resist" from the viper constellation stack with the "30 reduced elemental resistance" from sacred strike (from Blessed Steel component?)
>>
>>129173238
Meant vg
>>
2handed Warder with high resists in Elite. How the fuck does melee deal with the constant stun/freeze/snare bullshit. I expected to die pushing my first toon through elite but this sucks.

I see Frozen Hearts I can put on jewelery and I have a few points in Decorated Soldier but is there gear/sets/legendaries that stop the constant CC bullshit, not that Ill ever fucking find anything for my spec.
>>
File: 1446246451158.jpg (6KB, 200x195px) Image search: [Google]
1446246451158.jpg
6KB, 200x195px
>game is DOA
>>
does anyone has a nice nightblade/dual wield guide? do not know how to skill mine
>>
last i played this game a lot was during b28

i havent read any patch notes but im gonna assume arcanist is getting nerfed bad on release

or not?
>>
>>129179637
There has been a lot of improvement. I don't play arcanist because I'm not a fag sorry.

>>129176498
It isn't arrived yet. Go back to PoE or D3 please.
>>
>play melee
>keep picking up items
ffs
>>
>>129173271
no
>>
>>129179637
Maiven's was nerfed (read: made less blatantly OP, it's still good). That's about it for the Arcanist as far as nerfs go. It got some cool new changes via two new exlusive passive auras. One boosts Aether%, Fire%, Converts Physical to Aether% and Cast Speed%. The other one is similar but for Cold%, Lightning% and reduces cooldown%.
>>
>>129181171
>not having force-move on LMB
I rarely judge on face value but people like you disgust me.
>>
>>129173837
> How the fuck does melee deal with the constant stun/freeze/snare

By getting stun resist? Stun resist works for stuns and freezes, nor sure about snare. The resist% is actually how much of the duration it reduces, so it's very good to have capped out if you play melee.
>>
>>129173837
>>>
> Anonymous 01/19/16(Tue)23:50:29 No.129183000 ▶

empty throne constellation provides some good resists including 15% stun resist. since you're warder, put points into scars of battle on soldier mastery (it provides stun, freeze, bleed resist, and increased armor absorbtion)

rest from gear
>>
Holy shit this general really is dead. RIP. I ain't going to the Crate forums for discussion either because that place is a cesspool of non-stop circlejerking the devs.
>>
>>129184335
Really? A complaint I made there some time ago got a lot of agreement and even dev replies. They fixed it in the next build as well.

It's worth posting if you believe in what you're thinking, regardless of how you perceive the community.
>>
>>129182730
it still picks up shit faget
>>
File: 1327160817196.png (112KB, 356x342px) Image search: [Google]
1327160817196.png
112KB, 356x342px
>>129184631
Maybe don't click on items during combat, anon. Just a suggestion. Also, you better have magic+ or rare+ item filter on.
>>
>>129184420
I'm glad you got a good response. I don't shitpost or act rude, I try to be on point and as informative as possible with my posts, but each time I get dogpiled regardless by the fanboys and get flooded with "it's their game, they know what's best :^)", despite Crate employees having said again and again that they don't actually play test the game at all because they don't have the time for it.
what was your suggestion that got changed?
>>
>>129184872
Post it on the forums and link it here we can circle-jerk back.
Some shit about Pet AI being dog-shit in Log'. It's still sort-of retarded because Pet AI in general is mediocre (with hitboxes being shitty too) but basically I learned that you simply don't use the "force pet attack" skill and there'll be 1-2 pets attacking Log' while the others kill adds.
>>
File: 1251662037636s.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1251662037636s.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
I like the game, mostly because I was a fan of TQ (with Underlord it's one of my favourite games), seems to me like the devs tried to improve on things that didn't work too well in TQ and added a bunch of stuff you would expect from a mod, without really getting over the line and maybe fucking up just a thing or two.

As a casual player, who started nearly a month ago, but due to work etc. is only getting to the end of act 4 on veteran difficulty, I hope Crate won't pander exclusively to people who post on their forums and to lessen extent 'oldfags' who inhabit this general, otherwise barely anyone new will pick up and stay with the game once it's finally released, because the early parts of the game could use some polish and we won't get that if the devs focus too much on the content for players with multiple lv 70+ characters.
>>
>>129186401
The people who are doing the majority of the play testing for the game are doing it via unlegit means i.e using gear that is otherwise unobtainable unless you have some 500 hours put into the game or are touched by RNGesus.

Regardless, Crate is scaling the games difficulty down despite their whining that the game is too easy (no shit if you cheat the best gear for yourself), so you can remain hopeful that Crate listens to the public opinion as a whole rather than a group of few specific people.
>>
>>129185949
The pet AI is a pile of shit. I only use force attack if I'm being beelined by specific enemies who'se AI ignore my pets, otherwise I just let them do what they do.

I don't have any specific posts yet, the last time I posted there was when they were introducing the new faction system and expressing my disappointment that I wasn't getting the game I was sold in their Kickstarter videos.
>>
>>129184767
>just dont click on items
>that are on the ground below the enemies youre attacking
ok
>>
>>129186886
Maybe just git gud, anon.

>play strongest type of build (melee)
>still complain

Or go to D3 or Lame of Exile where you can 1 shot whole screens constantly.
>>
>Have an idea for a build
>Start working on it on grimcalc
>Too many useful skills for the build and it's impossible to choose between them

why
>>
>>129186673
>scaling difficulty down
I hope they don't. Game is just challenging enough in elite. Haven't tried ultimate yet.
>>
>>129189537
>I hope they don't
>Haven't tried ultimate yet

Opinion invalidated. Not being smug, but your opinion just isn't worth anything if you haven't tried Ultimate yet.
>>
nth for I have too many characters.
>>
>>129191383
>made 5 alts to horde epics
>just as I decide to just vendor 99% of the bullshit in the game
they're all still full :DDD
>>
>Play through elite with no problems
>Fix up all my resistances and boost up my defensive ability before heading into ultimate
>Get 2 shotted by the first miniboss
Am I supposed to struggle this much or do I need to reroll my trickster and start with something else more easier?
>>
do constellation abilities apply to all skills?
also are reduced resistance mods and attack damage converted modified by % of weapon skills?
>>
does avoid cstack?
>>
>>129189926
Well I don't play 10 hours a day and I'm playing HC so its taking more time.
>>
>>129191716
You need to hoard up all the OA% and defensive procs from the devotions for Ultimate to work.
>>
>play on colour blind mode
NOW THIS IS GRIMDARKAN
>>
>>129192474
Yeah, ok. When you get to Ultimate you'll see what it's like. The amount of viable builds plummets and the only way to do Ultimate in any sane way is to do as >>129192514 says. Basically everyone picks the same devotions regardless of their build, because some of them are just that good and important to the point that they are mandatory. The only way to fix this is to nerf the difficutly levels, which is going to happen. Crate said that this isn't how the game is supposed to be.
>>
>>129192514
Cheers, I'll try tweaking my build. Hopefully I can at least crawl my way through ultimate at the very least.
>>
>>129193259
Scales, Tortoise, Viper, Chariot of the Dead and Empty Throne are popular picks.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 886x537px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 886x537px
>>129134043
If you have some good gear saved up for the build, you can go Witch Hunter, if you don't Blademaster is probably better. My first acid/poison dual-wielder was a Blademaster, but with the changes to Occultist last patch I felt I had to give Witch Hunter a try too. Witch Hunter might have the edge on damage and healing, but the Blademaster is noticably tankier while still dealing insane damage.

Blademaster: http://grimcalc.com/build/9dDGN2
Witch Hunter: http://grimcalc.com/build/dRE6Ks
Not taking +skills into account, which is why it says I have too many skill points spent.

Devotion constellations:
Scorpion Sting on Belgothian Shears
Guardian's Gaze on Amarasta's Quick Cut
Acid Spray on Beronath's Fury
Abominable Might on Execution
Tainted Eruption on Whirling Death
Fetid Pool
Giant's Blood & Wayward Soul for some healing

Honestly, going more defensive would probably be better, but I enjoy all the procs and I'm not dying too often anyways, mostly thanks to good gear. If you don't have that available, going more defensive is probably a good idea.

There's a bunch of good poison/acid weapons, but I roll with Venomlash and Plaguebearer of Dreeg. Open Hand of Mercy is an amazing ring, Lifegiver's Signet or Ring of the Matriarch is fine too. Thorn Girdle of the Misty Glade has a nice proc. Mark of the Apostate has an insane proc that reliably confuses enemies. Malediction BiS relic, Zeal will do.

Insane single target dps paired with lots of AoE procs, great fun.
>>
>>129194353
>>129137839
Fuck off nigga.
>>
>>129194618
B-but why, anon? Other thread died before he replied. Plus the build is great fun and others have asked for it before. :^)
>>
>>129194335
Id say behemoth and chariot are the two most popular picks, basically essential
Throne, viper and falcon? Are the ones that get you those two, so they are also essential picks
>>
>>129194353
I tried rolling a melee poison witchhunter but its really weak early game. Basically devotions and items make the build work from stacking poison procs as well as getting an array of skills that synergise to make poison useful.
I ended getting bored around lvl 16 and just went back to other witchhunter which is a chaos/vit pb spammer which is super strong early game
>>
if thread got bump limit (750 posts) she didn't died
>>
>>129195564
The build doesn't really take off until you have 5 points into the first 3 DW-procs, NHH maxed and a chunk of points into Night's Chill and Pneumatic Burst for survivability. It also makes a big difference if you have a Mistborn Talisman so that you can put Acid Spray on your autoattack.
>>
>>129196962
>maxing AQC chance proc
Is it just to have more poison stacking? The skill itself doesnt seem to have much contribution other than more dw atks
>>
>>129197160
NHH makes AQC do a shitload of damage. Also, if you have Acid Spary on your autoattack, ACQ helps proc that more often.
>>
>>129194901
Yeah, but Throne has good resists and viper has a nice amount of OA%, resists, and a badass -25% elemental resist debuff, if your character does any of that damage. Throne and Viper are first tier devotion picks but overwhelmingly good ones at that when compared to many other devotions of the same tier.
>>
What's the verdict on Tenacity of the Boar? Seems kinda shitty to me.
>>
>>129197752
>mfw caster
>viper debuff procs but doesnt do shit because of weapon% modifier
>>
>>129198330
Honestly, the entire Savagery-tree is a waste if you can craft Shard of Beronath. Saves you a ton of skill points without sacrificing much, if any, dps.

Tenacity of the Boar is good if you're lacking in OA, I guess.
>>
>>129198903
I'm using Savagery to boost my Bleed damage than then unleash my Bleed/Vitality damage via spells so I'm not sure if a Shard of Beronath would be useful for my setup.
>>
>>129199064
If you only use savagery for some measly % bleeding damage, you're better off dropping it completely and spending those points elsewhere.

Link build?
>>
>>129194353

How useful is Execution to the build? Wouldn't you be better off using all those extra points in Frailty/Vulnerability, merceless rep, or nidalla's justifiable ends?
>>
>>129200390
CoF/Vulnerability is just overkill, everything dies so quick I just don't need it. Execution does great damage on its own, while applying a pretty big DoT because of the 350% weapon damage. Also, since I'm reducing resistances like crazy, the % life reduction on Execution hits like a truck. As for Merciless Repertoire, I already have pretty huge acid/poison %, and adding more does almost nothing for my damage output. I'd like to put more points into NJE, if only for the CD reduction, but I can't really justify moving them from Execution.
>>
What are the top 5 strongest builds for ultimate right now after the nerfs?
>>
What do you guys do with doubles of epic items?
I tried disasembling some but I don't think it's worth the 4k dynamite. Should I just vendor them?
>>
>>129201480
Blademaster, Battlemage, Spellbreaker, Sorcerer, Saboteur
>>
File: S4zYkUa.jpg (13KB, 601x154px) Image search: [Google]
S4zYkUa.jpg
13KB, 601x154px
>>
File: laughing hotheads.png (875KB, 968x745px) Image search: [Google]
laughing hotheads.png
875KB, 968x745px
>>129194353
>not dying too often
>dying
>too often
>>
>>129205641
I know right? Stopped reading as soon as I realized it was a softcore babby who just thinks they know what they're talking about.
>>
>>129176498
>game in early access limbo five-ever
>all the enthusiast players are burnt out now
>nobody left to be excited except people living under a rock
Such is the life of EA gaming.
>>
>>129187068
Nigger shut the fuck up, it's a valid complaint.
>click enemy
>mouse clicks item on ground
>if you played the game instead of being a shitposting faggot you'd know the filter doesn't matter if you click something manually
>pick up item instead of attacking
It's bullshit
>>
is it out of "early access" yet?
>>
>>129207262
Just keep your left click pressed, there's no need to spam it like a mongoloid.
>>
is this worth playing over poe or d3? no memes pls, serious question here.
>>
>>129207262
Not once have i picked up a filtered item, and i play a shitload of melee.
What the fuck are you doing?
>>
>>129207979
He's probably too dumb to realize there's a "Lock item pickup" option in the menu.
>>
This game is dildos
>>
>>129208906
so you like it?
>>
File: retaliation builds on ultimate.jpg (85KB, 500x705px) Image search: [Google]
retaliation builds on ultimate.jpg
85KB, 500x705px
>>129208962
HE HATES IT
>>
>tfw using meme constellations

Why are Kraken and Blind Sage so expensive?

>tfw running into hero mob with Loxmere

Why?
>>
>>129210949
they're apparently balancing devotions next build so we'll have to wait and see.
>>
>>129199238
You may be right. I don't have a build yet since I'm still thinking about what to pick from the Occultist tree.
>>
>>129203770
>saboteur
wut srsly?
>>
>>129203770
I'll try to demonstrate you're wrong when I ll beat Log in HC ultimate with my Witchblade.
>>
>>129220309
>Witchblade not being top 5 means theyre garbage

except for the part where I never said that
>>
>>129207919
It's literally number 3 aRPG in current market.
If you asking should you buy this or d3 though, i'd say this, because it's cheaper (cause you must purchase RoS..) and have more depth imho.
If you already own both, then you can hop in s5 and be done after 2-3 days of grind and then try this. Or wait for full release next month. And play talisman league while waiting ;^}
>>
>>129210949

How is Blind Sage? I'm thinking of making a PRM build with it.
>>
>ultimate moosilauke
>get one shot even with resi cap
>he heals each time I die
>all points in phys
>all defensive devotions

Yeah, okay. I think this is the part where I'm done with the game for now. Maybe they'll make Ultimate less banal next patch.
>>
Someone spoonfeed me a fun and good Witch Hunter build.
>>
>>129224031

I had the same 1 shot dealings with max resists and over 11,000 hp and just gave up, some of the other nemesis mobs are easier. I guess you have to dodge his melee attacks but I honestly don't know how.
>>
>>129224334
Poison dw
>>
File: 1436447426_Grim Down.png (901KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1436447426_Grim Down.png
901KB, 640x480px
>>
File: Desktop_Shaman_1920X1080.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Desktop_Shaman_1920X1080.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>
If I use a no cooldown devotion on eye of dreeg, will it activate off everyone in the AoE? What about the poison damage?
>>
File: bumpting.jpg (301KB, 1280x768px) Image search: [Google]
bumpting.jpg
301KB, 1280x768px
>>
File: 1429813017968.jpg (28KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1429813017968.jpg
28KB, 320x240px
>>129230091
wait, is that a girl? Damn shame.
>>
is there any viable bloody pox build for play at ultimate or its just shit
>>
>>129232904
Devouring Swam + Bloody Pox
>>
What would I even pair up a PRM aether build with? Occultist for healing and buffing bird?

Fuck soldier.
>>
Good farmspot for Roiling blood and Chipped Claws?
BoT?
>>
File: 2016-01-20_00002.jpg (581KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-20_00002.jpg
581KB, 1920x1080px
Whats the damage type of those faggots?
Vitality, Pierce or blood? Because I get fat chunks of damage out of nowhere, despite good res
>>
I'll trade Cronley warrants for stacks of chipped claws. Anyone?
>>
>>129235795

How many do you even need? And for what?
>>
>>129236476
Relic crafting
>>
>>129232972
its shit. There's no way that garbage skill works on ultimate. It doesn't even work on normal
>>
>>129240735
There's a guy on twitch right now who's streaming hardcore elite with devouring swarm/pox
>>
>>129222584
>literally 3 ARPGs on the market
>It's 3rd place
>You think it's good

one of these does not fit
>>
>>129240907
if its fokkatv he's in elite, and his build looks like absolute garbage. He's having trouble taking down white mobs..
>>
>>129241942
You said there's no way those skills work even in normal which is where I did not agree and since that guy is in hardcore elite at blood grove playing self-found I feel you're really underestimating the build.
Though I do agree with you that I don't really see it working in ultimate.
>>
>>129242248
i guess the operative word here is "work".. If you consider kiting a group of 5 white/yellow mobs for 2 minutes to clear them with bloody pox "working" then sure skill is great
>>
My conj is pretty shit. What should I be focusing on? I'm only 26 but I'm so weak I just go online and get carried.
>>
>>129224334
This, senpai >>129194353
>>
>>129207262
>it's a valid complaint
But it isn't, retard-san~

We've even told you numerous ways to fix it but you still complain like a child.
>>
Is there PvP in this?

Like in Diablo 2, you can commit hostility and murder people in random games as long as they're out of town.

Can you do something like that in this game? Or is it Path of Exile esque and you can only PvP in PvP areas?
>>
How does MP even work in these games? Do you just do your own thing while someone else does theirs? Do you share xp even if you just afk and they kill shit?
>>
>>129249273
You're supposed to stick together, nerd.
>>
Someone trade me some chipped claws. I'll overpay to skip this grind
>>
>>129254402

Got 58 of'em, how many do you need?
>>
>fuck-huge mob pack in Ultimate
>so much shit going on actually getting FPS drops for once
>boss dies
>2 lego drop
Need more mobs and harder content. This is better.
>>
whats the best aoe skill
>>
Holy fucking dead game, batman. Sure is a great game you made, Crate
>>
>>129264692
Keeping a gd general alive on a chinese cartoon forum wasn't even a possibility a few months ago.

Hopefully Crate will fix ultimate and make the occultist and offensive devotion skills good.
>>
>>129260827
PRM.
>>
>>129265372
really?
>>
>>129266379
>procs
>>
>>129265224

>fix ultimate
>fix occultist
>fix devotions

I want to believe but I don't really expect anything.
>>
what's wrong with occultist?
>>
>>129271710
its the worst class
>>
File: A (1).jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
A (1).jpg
71KB, 640x480px
Anyone know if...

Is there PvP in this?

Like in Diablo 2, you can commit hostility and murder people in random games as long as they're out of town.

Can you do something like that in this game? Or is it Path of Exile esque and you can only PvP in PvP areas?
>>
>>129248853
>>129276085
Fuck off, nigger.
>>
>>129271710
Nothing, honestly. Curse of frailty, blood of dreeg, sigil of consumption are all pretty stronk.
Imo worst mastery is demolition.
>>
So what other ARPG are you guys going to play when you burn out of this and the game dies? Sad to see the threads dying since I'm only just now really getting into the game.

Are there any other good arpgs coming soon, or are we forever stuck with shitty Diablo 3 and boring PoE.
>>
>>129278614
>or are we forever stuck with shitty Diablo 3 and boring PoE.
Basically yeah. ARPGs are a dying thing. Crate are the only dev studio doing an ARPG with any creativity, but a lot of their ideas are half cooked and come out shit.
>>
>>129276085
>posting old /mu/+/r9k/+/soc/ camwhore
An hero
>>
>>129271710
half the class is pets, so if you're not doing that thats half the class wasted. all the other skills are pretty disjointed and are only useful for other masteries to steal.
>>
rip
>>
>>129280242
Ill agree that it really lacks a default attack skill and therefore is trash on its own
Other than that its not bad
>>
Laba ryta
>>
>>129234846
Huh chaos man....
>>
Going full Physique is best strat
>>
File: lucianna2.png (788KB, 588x634px) Image search: [Google]
lucianna2.png
788KB, 588x634px
ayyy gonna see if I can hit 50k dps
>>
>>129290384
legit?
>>
This game looks fun but does it have any problematic content that could trigger me?
>>
>>129290384
>4594 hp
>>
>>129291005
ayy. yeah traded alot for them items but my devotions and build dont quit

>>129291531
Maivens sphere and mirror or erotics plus canister and flash bang i never die
>>
Are there any cool fire/chaos dual gun demolitionist builds? I saw one of those in /gdg/ a week or so ago.
>>
>>129290384

>Rhowari Void Seals

I couldn't find anything better for the longest time. Good thing they have faction vendors.
>>
>>129292645
Pyromancers are a good combo, you could make a Solael's Witchfire Firestrike build doing chaos/fire/vit with a ton of life leech

>>129292792
they are god tier I cant find the legendary rings I want anywhere
>>
>>129291689
>Maivens sphere and mirror or erotics plus canister and flash bang i never die
i dont habeeb. bosses wil lieterally one shot you in ulti
>>
>>129293459
Yeah, I don't see ulti being that great with this character. My DEE Occultist with Possession and Maivens, 2000+ more HP and better resists still gets slapped around quite badly if the enemy gets a hit on me. Some bosses are flat out impossible for me like Moosilauke because they just one shot me. I suppose the survi isn't much of an issue vs trash with DPS like that, but anything that wont die within a few seconds will be a problem.
>>
>>129295259

>flesh hulks
>chillmanes
>vanguards/dreadguards/tyrants
>fleshwarped commanders

>tfw most things that have retardedly high HP are also fast as fuck
>>
>>129290384
>go in aether
>die

Oh you're one of those scrubcore.
>>
>>129271710
It's a mess of game styles and damage types, and the class' skills don't synergize with each other at all.

It should have been split in two masteries instead of being the game's thrashcan where you throw all the shit you can't put anywhere else.
>>
>>129271710

Remove the pet junk and make that a separate class, replace the pet stuff with more chaos/poison content and there you go.

You'd also have to add heavy chaos related armor for the 65 -75+ brackets instead of forcing witchblades to wear physical oriented or caster gear.
>>
File: 86576576.jpg (106KB, 324x366px) Image search: [Google]
86576576.jpg
106KB, 324x366px
>TFW haven't played in a long ass time
>All this new shit
>>
>>129299756
Well I just lost my lvl 67 HC elite Witchblade ... against a fucking archmage boss. Aether is a fucking bitch, there is absolutely no component that gives protection against it.

I will never play in ultimate...
>>
>>129305179
For Ikon armory is horrible.
>>
>>129305179
Theres a ammy gem plus a weapon aura plus armor powders
>>
>>129305179
Aether Soul gives 12% Aether resi and it's for amulets and medals.
>>
File: screenshot01.jpg (2MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot01.jpg
2MB, 1680x1050px
What the hell kind of build would you even use such a rifle for?
>>
File: 1402595307656.jpg (48KB, 365x444px) Image search: [Google]
1402595307656.jpg
48KB, 365x444px
Since Firestrike deals a mix of Fire/Chaos/Physical damage should i go for Spirit or Cunning?
>>
>>129307801

Physique
>>
>>129309198
But Physique only fags got BTFO this patch i heard. Besides how will i have enough Cunning for weapons
>>
>>129307207
Elementalist

>tfw using fire strike
>find will of Fate
>think nothing of it and sell it
>respec for primal strike because want to use electricity based dmg
>tfw I fucked up and will never finfind that rifle again
>>
>>129307801
Definitely spirit.
If you're not sure see the difference in dps bonus when you add cunning or spirit.
Also get some item that convert physical to elemental/chaos dmg.
>>
>>129311039
But why would you spec into primal strike instead of fire strike if you use a ranged weapon
>>
What to pair up a PRM aether based build with? Nothing really stands out. I guess Occultist for the heal bird?
>>
Can any kind anon whip up a good physical blademaster build?
>>
>>129312348
Soldier is probably your best bet. Useful defensive passives and good stats from the mastery bar.
>>
>>129313576
Something along the lines of: http://grimcalc.com/build/AGbhZW would probably be a all right start. If you get some +skills you can take points out of some skills, giving you more room to try other stuff out (War Cry for defense, more points into Dual Blades for more piercing dmg maybe).

As for devotion you'll probably want Assassin's Mark on your autoattack, and go defensive with the rest of your points. Chariot of the Dead, Behemoth, Empty Throne, Crane, Tortoise and whatever. Hp-nodes from Targo the Builder. Dryad.
>>
>>129313995
Thanks.
>>
File: 1429420052098.jpg (196KB, 500x321px) Image search: [Google]
1429420052098.jpg
196KB, 500x321px
>Elite playthrough
>just killed that aetherial boss at fort ikon and left through the door after him
>as soon as the world is loaded hear the shadow strike noise
>get one-shot by something Nightmage before I can react

Good thing this isn't a HC character.
>>
>>129267468

what procs should I go for?

Haven't made an arcanist yet
>>
>>129311320
Because tenacity of the boar helps me survive im HC and primal strike add more dps at the highest charge which is almost always the case.
>>
>>129316578

nevermind PRM is pretty dumb

going savagery trickster
>>
>>129316578
It depends of the element(s) you're focusing on, but there are plenty of viable options. Aetherfire, Arcane Bomb, Acid Spray, Meteor Shower etc.
I haven't tried Elemental Storm and Elemental Seeker since the buffs and can't tell if they are good at the moment, but if they are they should be great on an elemental PRM build.
>>
>>129317810
the empowered version is literally a sorc weapon with +skills to arc/demo
it works better with sorc desu
>>
>>129319013

>PRM is pretty dumb

Until you put some points into it, attach a good, no cooldown constellation and get some nice proc items.
>>
>>129319896
Oh ok. I'm okay with going full 2H melee but I don't know of any good electricity/physique based weapon. And I don't mean electrocute, I want real flat dmg.
>>
>>129320245

Alvarick's Rebuke is the go-to for 2handed melee lightning.
>>
>>129320393
>>129320393
Thanks. Any pistols or rifle ? I don't want to spec chaos because every single one of my character deal chaos dmg and I'm bored of it.
>>
File: 11206186.jpg (22KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
11206186.jpg
22KB, 500x300px
Question:

Do devotion WPS procs, item granted WPS procs and skill tree WPS procs operate seperately or are the thrown all in the same pool where if I go over 100% I'm losing out?

Say if I'm making a savagery trickster and want to stack Belgothian's shears and as many other AOE WPS procs as I can what should I go for?

Am I wasting my time making this character because Benorath's Fury on a Blademaster is so much better? I'm not that far in the game and don't have that much stuff to twink characters out yet and waiting for the relics that grant that stuff sounds annoying.
>>
>>129323832
freakin procs, fryman
>>
whats the easiest faceroll facetank build in the game?
>>
>>129323832
When you reach 100% WPS proc chance and above, the procs get weighted based on the number of their respective level.

I don't know if devotion procs actually count as WPS though.
>>
>>129326095
prob blademasters
>>
>>129326257
blademaster with what?
>>
>>129326832

Blades.
>>
File: slow-chew-llama.gif (2MB, 371x316px) Image search: [Google]
slow-chew-llama.gif
2MB, 371x316px
>>129326912
>>
File: 1442178257995.jpg (65KB, 406x406px) Image search: [Google]
1442178257995.jpg
65KB, 406x406px
>>129326912
keked
>>
Just finished act 4 on veteran, what do I do now?
Is there any place I can farm, and if so, any efficient way to do it?
>>
>>129316261
>play a glass cannon ranged build
>one shot myself on reflect all the fucking time
Fuck reflect no fun allowed: the skill
>>
>>129330530
Play like a man and try elite.
>>
>>129326220
Devotion skills can set off other procs on their own afaik
Thread posts: 191
Thread images: 23

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.