[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/cgg/ - CUHRAYZEE GAMES GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 152
Thread images: 32

File: 1446243456532.jpg (139KB, 773x721px) Image search: [Google]
1446243456532.jpg
139KB, 773x721px
Previous Thread: >>128805847

CUHRAYZEE THREAD FAQ (please read this and CUHRAYZEE NEWS before asking questions):
http://pastebin.com/XFGyzhzB

CUHRAYZEE RECOMMENDED GAMES (INCLUDES INDIES):
http://i.imgur.com/lEnXRlO.jpg

CUHRAYZEE TIPS, TECHNIQUES, AND MODS
http://pastebin.com/Pzmmx36v

STEAM GROUP: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CUHRAYZEE
WIKI: http://cuhrayzee.wikia.com/wiki/CUHRAYZEE_GAMES_GENERAL_Wiki
FORUM: http://cuhrayzeegames.boards.net

DMC, Bayonetta, We Shall Wake, Viewtiful Joe, God Hand, Ninja Gaiden, Wonderful 101, Vanquish, Sengoku Basara, Rising Revengeance, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Rainblood, Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae.
>>
File: can you question who's to blame.jpg (20KB, 680x510px) Image search: [Google]
can you question who's to blame.jpg
20KB, 680x510px
This is sad you guys
>>
not being able to switch lock-on manually in God Hand is unfortunate
>>
>>129049504
What the fuck buttons would you use
>>
>>129049634
select
>>
>>129049634
>>129052921

>Not knowing how to do the perfect God Hand controls

D-Pad: Moveset Switch
R1: Hold and tap left or right on the left analog to turn 90 degrees
R2: Misc. function that can be assigned to anything else or the left God Hand for the never-to-be God Hand 2
Select: Taunt
L3: Lock on/off (clearly optional as the game can still function without a hard lock on)
R3: Switch target
Everything Else: The same
>>
File: Vomit Estus.jpg (64KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Vomit Estus.jpg
64KB, 400x400px
>>129054128
>>
>>129054706

Name a single flaw with that control scheme
>>
Anyone know whats up with this?

I'm going for ss rank on dmd in dmc3se and even though i go through a stage with no damage at the end it says i took some incredibly small number like 300 damage when i made sure i never took a single hit. where the fuck did this damage come from? It's happened on several missions. I used royal guard on mission 2 making sure to gold parry each time and on mission 3 i was using swordmaster so it wasnt some small guard damage i didn't notice. I was always keeping an eye on my hp and it was always full. Why the fuck did it still say i took damage?
>>
>>129049634
personally i'd be fine with just switching lock-on target in slo-mo roulette mode.

But that made me think.

I played Jet Li Rise of Honor and it wasn't good but sitll interesting how one can do combat without lock-on, where you set the direction each time with the flick of a right stick.

Mark of Kri used similar system, right?
>>
>>129055407

>everything else: the same
>have two dedicated buttons for taunting

>press R3 to switch target
>in a game where you dodge with R Stick
>when L3 or even R2 would be better

>L3 to toggle lock-on
>when R2 would be less cumbersome while moving
>having this function even exist in the first place when having an in-game option to toggle UI-cue for who Gene is soft-locking on would be more efficient. Much like roulette's golden glow. because like you said
>clearly optional
>game can still function without a hard lock on

>hold R1 + stick to turn 90 degrees
>when just increasing Gene's turn speed would be suffice I find his turn speed to be a bit slow in God Hand

>no space to put both Roulette or God Hand

the entire layout you thought up is fucking garbage.
>>
>>129055541

AFAIK that's not a common problem at all. You mentioned gold guarding everything, but you could be doing silver releases. Damage in mission 3 could have easily been from cerberus, I guess. A lot of his attacks that look like they hit once actually hit multiple times, so you could silver guard a few of those hits while gold guarding some of them without noticing.
>>
>>129058205

>two buttons dedicated to taunting

That's not what dedicated means you inbred retard

>press R3 to switch target
>in a game where you dodge with R Stick
>L3 to toggle lock-on
>when R2 would be less cumbersome while moving

You're normally picking your targets when you have space to breathe. Nobody's going to randomly switch targets when they're already occupied with one enemy.

>hold R1 + stick to turn 90 degrees
>when just increasing Gene's turn speed would be suffice

It was incredibly obvious you were awful at God Hand even before this part but this just drives home that you've never lasted at higher level. The reason Gene needs that set speed during turns is for aim during crowd control. The pace for the turn is fine, the angle of the 180 is a missed opportunity in itself and the 90 degree at half the 180 turn speed is a legitimate addition/fix.

Go back to /v/ and pretend to know what you're talking about there, maybe you'll actually delude someone or yourself that your input is worthwhile
>>
>10
>>
>>129061918
Cuhrayzee is fucking dead
>>
>>129062007
/vg/ is too fast for us
>>
>>129062007
just let it die. Everybody join the Discord/Skype train
>>
>>129063320
at this the point it's better this way. there's nothing to look forward to this year until something gets announced or has a release date.
>>
I'm usually too busy playing the games to post, what's everyone else doing?
>>
>>129066429
contemplating suicide. As usual
>>
what should I beg today

new IP
Metal Gear Rising 2
Vanquish 2
God Hand 2
Wonderful 101 2
Bayonetta 3
Viewtiful Joe 3
Ninja Gaiden 4
Devil May Cry 5
>>
>>129066429
playin non-cuhray
Dragon's Dogma unlocked fps edition, Shadows of the Damned
>>
>>129069968
How is DD on the PC? Worth picking up?

>>129068316
Devil May Cry 5.
>>
>>129063320
What is the Discord?
>>
>>129070914
>Worth picking up?
it's fun. I guess. It's weird. I hate 90% of the experience but the 10% that is good is so good it hooks me in. Don't expect cuhray just because Itsuno directed it. PC controls are ass but the port is very good.
>>
>>129070914
I played it for three hours, got bored, filed for a refund. Not a bad game just doesn't have a ton new to offer
>>
>>129071612
Then you are fucked, refunds are only for 2 hours
>>
>>129073406
damn it
>>
Why must we die? What did we do to deserve this?
>>
>>129075758
>What did we do to deserve this?
Being niche. Just give up this place
>>
>>129068316
DMCV is quite probable.
They never admitted DmC was a bad idea, but Itsuno being shocked by NT's stupid design decisions were enough of an alarm, I'd think.
4SE was initially teased after DmCDE's announcement, so they thought they could attract hype to the old rugged franchise. After release, they said it sold well.
The problem would be how would Itsuno's development team be treated, considering how DMC4 was halved, and Dragon's Dogma was overly ambitious. I'm not hoping for an announcement anytime soon, let that boy cook, dammit.

I'm certain I've read about an article on Siliconera about Ninja Gaiden 4, at least a couple of years ago.
They're working on Ni-Oh right now, so it's safe to assume it's in development hell. They took the notes from NG3's disaster, so hopefully it won't strike twice.
>>
File: Chungking.Express4.jpg (116KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
Chungking.Express4.jpg
116KB, 1200x720px
>>129078264
DMCV having a proper budget and not being rushed to hell would be nice.

I"m sure you guys have noticed this buy most publishers thought that this GEN the consoles would fail which is why we are only seeing decent games this coming year. Capcom is having money problems so hope that DMCV is given proper funding.
>>
File: 1-Shotgun-Animation.webm (426KB, 601x450px) Image search: [Google]
1-Shotgun-Animation.webm
426KB, 601x450px
>>
>>129070914
I liked DD, It is fun. Especially if someone on your friend list also plays it. You can summon their pawns and they will help you with monsters/quests if their master already slain/did them. And if he didn't, they will learn how to do that quest or kill those monsters and will help their masters after you send that pawn back.
>>
I don't get it. Why do people say Awakened Alma is hard? That's like saying slot machines is hard.
>>
>>129083318
fast attacks, one the them is a grab which is faster still
alma has an armour most of the fight so flying swallows just bounce off her
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3APGw7o1YOQ
this is the new standard for MGR play
>>
>>129085547
Did MGR ever get any decent mods?
>>
File: 1452970360963.png (283KB, 354x367px) Image search: [Google]
1452970360963.png
283KB, 354x367px
>>129075758
>Why must we die? What did we do to deserve this?
Not letting other games be cuhrayzee.
Lite Cuhrayzee = More Traffic = Less dead

But it also means E-Peen from faggots who think their game is better. Like, an example; if we were to let Narutofags post here the DMC guys would pick on them. "Haha, enjoy your scrub one button masher", y'know stuff like that. There are better games I could have used but you get the point. Either we die or you guys finally open up a bit. If you want to attract more traffic here allow.... idk allow so of those almost/kinda cuhrayzee games that are right below the cuhrayzee standards BUT can still be enjoyed and played with the cuhrayzee mindset.
My vote would be:

Tales of series
Oneechanbara
Spiderman
Shinobi/Nightshade
Killer iz Dead
EL Shaddai
Odin Sphere
Darksiders 2
Senran Kagura
Anarchy Reigns
WO3
Many Classic 2D Beat Em Ups
Otogi
And many more that have at least one something interesting about them.

But we're not going to do that right? We'd rather stay dead right? Gotta live up to our reputation as cuhrayzee badasses who look down on the weak(the weak being those games listed).
>>
>>129087652
>But we're not going to do that right? We'd rather stay dead right?
Yes
>>
>>129085708
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghoGEuNNC5s
>>
>Killer iz Dead
ok, now I want to know. That game is literally a button masher, everything about the combat is mashing melee until the controller breaks or you go in to witch time where the only thing you can do is mash melee or don't. Why are there people keep thinking or even asking if it could be cuhrayzee. Did nobody play it except me?
>>
File: Vergil (2).jpg (22KB, 549x605px) Image search: [Google]
Vergil (2).jpg
22KB, 549x605px
>preparations for the bash

What did he mean by that?
>>
File: pzv5j7l.jpg (77KB, 666x499px) Image search: [Google]
pzv5j7l.jpg
77KB, 666x499px
>>129087652
>Not letting other games be cuhrayzee.
Lite Cuhrayzee = More Traffic = Less dead

We've been through this a million times. Adding in lesser games has no benefit. It won't foster discussion because people barely talk about the games we do allow. It's not even that there's nothing to discuss now, since every game other than DMC is basically uncharted territory due to only having 1-2 highly skilled players tops. Bringing in a bunch of games that have as much depth as a paper bag only invites exactly the kind of casualfag we don't want around here to begin with. There's no incentive to talk about the depth of a game's mechanics if it has little or none to begin with. Then the already arbitrary and ill defined criteria that is cuhrayzee is basically nullified altogether and you're left with a bunch of lorefags and shit posters.

It's dead in here because

People are lazy.
People only play one game.
People cant make their own content or flat out aren't good enough to do so.

Don't expect a bunch of outsiders to take up an active role if people here can't bother to change any of this themselves.

If you're so concerned with bringing in newcomers to talk about absolutely anything then make an action games general (nobody ever does), you can't have it both ways.

>But we're not going to do that right? We'd rather stay dead right? Gotta live up to our reputation as cuhrayzee badasses who look down on the weak(the weak being those games listed).

>Played every named game and series in that list

Only about 5 of those are actually worth a shit
>>
>>129098578
He was going inside Dante's joke in his own way.

Dante complained that it was a bady party, than Vergil says that he couldn't prepare one properly.

But hey, liking other aspects of a game besides gameplay makes me a lorefag, right?
>>
Anyone here playing/played the Transformers game? I still have no idea what counts towards SS rank and what doesn't. I can't get past A with Optimus or S with Bumblebee.

Got SS on the last boss tho.
>>
>>129098637
>We've been through this a million times. Adding in lesser games has no benefit.
Oh the games named, Namco's Tales series has a huge community of Youtubers and the game themselves have a lot going in terms of combat.

>It's not even that there's nothing to discuss now, since every game other than DMC is basically uncharted territory due to only having 1-2 highly skilled players tops.
I think the reason is due to people wanting to get into something that is new rather than something that's been around for years. We'll see how this goes when Nier 2 releases. There was a lot of discussion around here when Transformers as well as Metal Gear Rising came out.

>Bringing in a bunch of games that have as much depth as a paper bag only invites exactly the kind of casualfag we don't want around here to begin with.
Looking at that list a lot of those games aren't catered to casuals and have a small dedicated community, and I highly doubt someone from the XB360 PS3 era has played most of them. Hence the reason why they no longer exist and when they do they come in small sizes. Strider (not mention) is a good example. It'll never see a full budget release.

>People are lazy.
>People only play one game.
>People cant make their own content or flat out aren't good enough to do so.
There are many people here who play more than one game whether it be the same series or not. I don't think people are lazy at all, we just had VST7.

>/agg/
/cgg/ is /agg/. The whole reason it was create is so people could discuss other action games outside of DMC.
>>
Bumpo
>>
>>129101748
>Namco's Tales series has a huge community of Youtubers

It also has it's own general where people talk about a whole lot of nothing, but aside from that.

>Challenge runners
>Huge community.

Stop

>due to people wanting to get into something that is new rather than something that's been around for years

DMC4 is still the most active game and it came out 8 years ago.

W101 - 2013 - 1 high level player
Bayonetta 2 - 2014 - kekbayo2
Basara 4 Sumeragi - 2015 - 1 high level player

It's not about wanting something new (unless that new thing is called DMC5), stop making excuses.

Also pointing out the fact that half the games you listed yourself are 3 years old or more.

>We'll see how this goes when Nier 2 releases.

No we won't, because anybody expecting Nier 2 to be cuhrayzee is an idiot. It's not a plat game, it's an SE game. Plat has no creative input whatsoever on this game and they're nothing but code monkeys. Even when they were introduced as the developer of the game, right off the bat people were told to not expect typical platinum style action from this game.

>Transformers as well as Metal Gear Rising came out.

Nobody here cares about Transformers. Very early on people saw how basic and boring it was, but some genius decided to shill /cgg/ on /v/ and we got invaded by retards. Nobody cares about MGR either, it's the game that started the whole "platfags general" arguments and for the longest time the mere mention of it would trigger the fuck out of people.

>The whole reason it was create is so people could discuss other action games outside of DMC.
>Being this much of a newfag

It was literally /dmcg/ until Bayonetta and Godhand rolled around.

>I don't think people are lazy at all, we just had VST7.

How many of those people were VST regulars?
How many of them already had a history of creating content before VST?
Pre-VST there were around 90 posters in here, how many of those actually entered?
>>
Guys, is God of War considered cuh-rayzee? :^)
>>
>>129105167
>It also has it's own general where people talk about a whole lot of nothing, but aside from that.
Sengoku basara does too. That didn't stop you from bringing it here.

>Wii U and Japan only
Non-accessible anyone? I mean you just mentioned the WiiU and a PS3/4 game that's never going to release outside of Japan.

>Nier 2 will not be cuhrayzee
>It's not going to have that Platinum touch
Source? And I don't mean posting Square Enix as the owner. I'm talking about all that stuff you're suggesting is going on behind the scenes. I want a source for that. Based on what I've seen the games got potential.

>Transformers and MGR
My point was that the two game brought discussion into the thread but you and others decided to completely shat on them ala "shitformer" and "over hype garbage" because those games were being discussed more than whatever the fuck was going on at the time. I'm not saying I'm with them, I'm just saying that those two games brought in discuss, newfags, and for some they seem to be annoyed by that.
>It was literally /dmcg/ until Bayonetta and Godhand rolled around.
Hence the being created so we could talk about other games that aren't DMC.

>How many of those people were VST regulars?
>How many of them already had a history of creating content before VST?
>Pre-VST there were around 90 posters in here, how many of those actually entered?
This is true. But what about yourself, talking that big suggest you put in an entry for every VST and is a regular content creator. Where's your work?
>>
>>129087652
>Tales of series
would be a good addition, the three or four games with good combat are really cuhrayzee.
>Oneechanbara
eh it's okay. Oneechanbara is arguably not a good game but if those 2-3 posters want to create thread content they should be able to
>Spiderman
which one is this supposed to be? I heard one person say web of shadows but that game sucks so idk
>Shinobi/Nightshade
very arguable, Nightshade fits in more than shinning but they're really supposed to be platforms more than anything
>Killer iz Dead
fuck no
>EL Shaddai
also no.
>Odin Sphere
too early to tell but it looks promising
>Darksiders 2
we already allow discussion of this it's just not very fun so no one mentions it
>Senran Kagura
cuhrayzee in spirit but it's very low skill floor/ceiling. i personally wouldn't include it
>Anarchy Reigns
you can do rad stuff if you learn the combo system. too bad about the shifty campaign and dead multiplayer
>WO3
no idea but all the others are museum shut so i don't see how this one is any different
>Many Classic 2D Beat Em Ups
yes for avp alone. a couple others (sengoku 3, makai denjin 2) are also pretty cuhrayzee
>Otogi
can't play, no opinion
>>
>>129108442
>Non-accessible anyone?

It's like you want the bumfag anon to show up and start his usual shit. Regardless you're still making excuses, and you didn't refute the point.

>Source?

Google is a thing if you didn't know. There are numerous postings of the interviews where they constantly reaffirm that it's still very much Taro's game. It's still a jrpg and they have no intention of revolutionizing it into a full on PG action game, out of respect that they have for the original and what it was trying to be.

>Based on what I've seen the games got potential.

There's literally nothing to suggest the game is cuhrayzee from that trailer.
The game has a dodge mechanic and the combat looks smooth.

Wow
So cuhrayzee

>the two game brought discussion into the thread but you and others decided to completely shat on them

Discussion of games no one likes or cares about

>no one likes
This is the important part.

> But what about yourself, talking that big suggest you put in an entry for every VST and is a regular content creator. Where's your work?

How is asking questions about the correlation between VST entrants and pre-existing content creators talking big? My content has nothing to do with anything and you're only diverging this into something completely unrelated by asking for it. You realize linking my shit would only further solidify the point I was originally trying to make right? That it would add absolutely no points in your favor?
>>
>>129112470
>Google is a thing if you didn't know. There are numerous postings of the interviews where they constantly reaffirm that it's still very much Taro's game. It's still a jrpg and they have no intention of revolutionizing it into a full on PG action game, out of respect that they have for the original and what it was trying to be.

I don't think it means it will not be cuhrayzee, but more that in a "structurally-sense" it still will be a ARPG, with open world and what not. I haven't played the Original, so i don't really know if they could keep the things that made the original, while changing the combat to be Cuhrayzee

PS: I'm not american, My english is shit
>>
>>129112470
>Regardless you're still making excuses, and you didn't refute the point.
>Please support shitty conosole from nintendo
Kek. I guess I'm a bumfag.

>Google
I could have sworn the reason PlatinumGames was brought on was to make good combat. Toro himself admitted his previous games were fucking garbage in terms of action combat.

>Trailer
It's something to look forward to, keep an eye on. Why do you fail to realize this?

>Discussion of games no one likes or cares about
I remember people trying to discuss both of them while at the same time taking disrespectful shots from all sides. Hence the "shitformer" and "over hyped garbage" memes.

>no one likes
>This is the important part.
Last VST there was a Transformers entry. What are you talking about?

>typical I'm not going to show you my content reply instead of just posting said content
Alright lol.

^I expect you dig deeper as based on the reply I've given you. Because, y'know, that's what they all do.It was a very typical reply, it's what I expected from you. At the end of the day your content will remain anonymous, so don't even quote this part in your next post buddy. Just simply agree and we both agree your content isn't going to show up anything soon.
>>
>>129112470
>Senran Kagura
>cuhrayzee in spirit but it's very low skill floor/ceiling.

SK2 is the best game by far and it can actually be very demanding. From a technical standpoint the ceiling is incredibly high and It's harder than every game here other than DMC, no question. The problem is that enemies have terrible AI and make Bayo2 combo breaking look like a joke if you don't use post game items, the game is still piss easy in spite of that even on hard mode, they still use that shitty rpg leveling system, and although the tag system alleviates it somewhat you don't have enough moves with the current string system.

It has a lot going for it mechanically, and the same developer made oneechanbara which took a few steps in the right direction, so they seem to be learning. Supposed to be news coming later in the year about the series, one can dream that they somehow manage to pull a DMC3 with SK3
>>
>>129087652
>Tales of series
But it already has its own general.

>WO3
If that's Warriors Orochi 3, it fits /eagg/ better.
>>
>>129098578
Bash means party in highclassspeak. He was being a fancy, sarcastic sonovabitch.
>>
>>129114617
oh damn, meant to reply to
>>129111760
>>
>>129081096
Aspect Raito(should be 4:3)
>>
>>129114596
>It's something to look forward to, keep an eye on. Why do you fail to realize this?

>There's literally nothing to suggest the game is cuhrayzee from that trailer.
It's like you can't read. Look at that trailer again and then give me 1 reason outside of platinum's affiliation that people think the game has any chance of being cuhrayzee.

>Transformers entry.

I doubt it'll see another one either. It was the least interesting entry, surprising no one. Nobody is talking about the game because the /v/ tards are gone and it has nothing worth discussing. The only reason it's still here is that people are so apathetic about it they haven't bothered to update the OP image, same with Korra and MKH.

>.It was a very typical reply, it's what I expected
Because you know you were deflecting the questions and derailing into something totally irrelevant.

>At the end of the day your content will remain anonymous

>ask for VST entries and other shit which is mainly YT links
>anonymous

You're too stupid to continue to hold this conversation with.
>>
MKH is $2.50 on GoG right now, so if you were waiting for a sale, go get it
>>
File: Bagu.webm (1MB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
Bagu.webm
1MB, 600x338px
Anon that was waiting the arrival of my copy of NG3:RE here. My copy arrived yesterday.

I'm having fun with the game a lot, i beat hard mode, had a lot of struggle with some sections and bosses, managing health is not easy, and i'm having fun in general, but i can't wait until i unlock everything to not touch ryu ever again (lunar stuff is fun, if i might say something).

Trying to unlock stuff, understand the combat sytem in general, and just tried Momiji for the first time, she feels just as good as the other girls.

And also, came across this glitch when i died (it happened once in the demo, but the game came back to normal by itself, this time i had to close the game)
>>
File: 1446046080714.jpg (316KB, 1280x788px) Image search: [Google]
1446046080714.jpg
316KB, 1280x788px
>>129118118
>It's like you can't read. Look at that trailer again and then give me 1 reason outside of platinum's affiliation that people think the game has any chance of being cuhrayzee.
I bet you're the Shitformers guy. You seem to have a history for disliking PlatinumGames. pun intended. I've looked at the trailer many times. You're no different than the people who hated on DMC4.

>Transformers
>b-b-b-but...
That's not the point. We're not discussing the future of VST. Transformer made a appearance at VST7. You have no argument.

>Because you know you were deflecting the questions and derailing into something totally irrelevant.
I mean... you wanna point out that those people aren't content creators and that they weren't VST ol' school kids. You also pointed out that you ARE an ol' school kid. So I was curious about your work.

>hurr durr pick a name any name and hope it's me!
I would be stupid had I actually done that. More like you're retarded and a fake.
>>
>>129122286
wait. you died but the character got back up?
>>
>>129123352
yup. Stuck in this position.
>>
>>129118118
>The only reason it's still here is that people are so apathetic about it they haven't bothered to update the OP image, same with Korra and MKH.

Someone give me the template and I'll update it right now.
>>
>>129122885
>you're the Shitformers guy
How about no.

>We're not discussing the future of VST.
Reading comprehension clearly is not your strong suit.

>I mean... you wanna point out that those people aren't content creators and that they weren't VST ol' school kids.

Holy shit you really are so fuckin dense that I have to spell this out for you.

>Pre-VST there were around 90 posters in here, how many of those actually entered?

Apparently this completely went over your head. This past vst had a fair amount of newcomers, but some of them already had a history of creating content beforehand, and the rest of the entrants were vst veterans. Meaning there was an extremely small percentage of actual newbies that decided to contribute. That means despite the much greater than usual thread traffic it hardly had any effect on productivity. Which was the entire basis for this stupid argument in the first place.

There was no increase in meaningful content posted.
No increase in meaningful discussion.
If anything it actually had the adverse effect because the shitposting hit an all time high at that point in time.

>More like you're retarded and a fake.
Keep telling yourself that.
>>
Has anyone every tried putting Dante's styles on L/R buttons and the other functions on d-pad?
>>
>>129127223
Some functions like lock on you kinda need to use at the same time as you are moving the stick and using the face buttons, putting that on d-pad is not a very good idea. BUt i've seen many different control schemes, so, who knows.
>>
>>129126383
I agree with you, Shitformers guy. Now just post your youtube link grandpa so I can guss over the feel of ol' school cuhrayzee content featuring that one generic metal band all the 2005 kids love. What's their name again?
>>
File: 1449807467206.jpg (49KB, 616x699px) Image search: [Google]
1449807467206.jpg
49KB, 616x699px
guys
But lets face the truth of today. there arent that many people here and we just have nothing to discuss. We are lazy and dont want to produce any content if there is no big reason to . Threads mostly consist of shitposting and questions like how to/or should i (usually there aren't that many of them)
maybe we should stay dead till something happens. Like maybe new tech is discovered or next vst happens or new game comes out or something else. you get the idea. pic related by the way

We could try and resurrect cgg with something like making new accessible tutorials for your fav games and spreading them out. Or making something like weekly challenges. Where we would do certain stuff and record and send it to someone to make a video(I could montage those videos if no one wants to) and post it somewhere then and make CUHRAYZEE more popular etc etc bring more people interested in being good at CUHRAYZEE. people that belong here.

Allowing new games aka lite crazy is a bad idea imo better being dead than being that.
>>
There's a friend of mine who is bullshiting me saying that Megaman X/Z and Castlevania are totally 100% Cuhrayzee.

I told him to post here, but he is too lazy/busy and i'm too dumb to argue with him, what should i do?
>>
>>129130239
>We could try and resurrect cgg with something like making new accessible tutorials for your fav games and spreading them out.

I'm currently working on this. It's just not a top priority. I'm mostly busy with work and hanging out with friends.
But then again, I don't know if anyone will be interested with in-depth tutorials of Freesia.
>>
File: 1418317373845.jpg (279KB, 891x695px) Image search: [Google]
1418317373845.jpg
279KB, 891x695px
>>129130239

>tfw you're still waiting for the complete version of the ng 2 guide by the ng anon
>tfw probably the only one who gives a fuck about that anyway
>>
>>129130239
>Allowing new games aka lite crazy is a bad idea imo

How so? We've tried the quality > quantity approach, it doesn't work for cgg. That's why we are here now. We should try quantity and ignore people like shitformers guy.

If you want to at least get people through the fucking door, start with something lite. Then present them to more advanced games. That's the only way. Because trying to shill DMC lead to "OMG TOO FUCKING HARD. ABANDON SHIP!" People pick the game up, boot up the spoileral, fuck around for a bit and then go back to the shit they were doing before. DMC is NOT a good way to market cgg. It has failed in the past and it will fail right now.

HOWEVER... if this Itsuno project is DMC5, then DMC3/4 is the CORRECT approach to use.
>>
>>129127719
Lock is pretty much the only one, but I hadn't thought of that. I guess most people could do without gunslinger....
>>
>>129135394
I don't know man. Just can't understand how playing non crazy games will get them into crazy. And if they will come here, what will they discuss? Tech? Don't think there will be much to talk about. Lore/story? This is not the thread for this.
So what's the point?
>>
>>129131035
Of course, argue with him and delve even further on stupidity.
>>
>>129135394
>shitformers guy.

You can say this as many times as you want, it'll never be true. FYI the shitformers fag started targeting Basara quite some time ago.

>We should try quantity
>History shows this doesn't work
>Let's do it again and see what happens

Like I said before, if you care that much about getting newfags go make your own /agg/, or better yet go make the next /tagpag/.

>>129138952
>So what's the point?

None whatsoever. You're telling him the exact same thing I just tried to iterate 3 times.
>>
>>129138952
"near misses" can help in getting some closer to the ideal of crazy. People see GoW and DMC and without having played either one, or having played only one, they will consider them very similar. Those crazy-lite games often have a very close experience to playing crazy, when there's a dearth of true crazy out there.

The other problem is that many criteria for /cgg/ are subjective, and trolls like you want to scream bloody murder about how black-and-white it is to foster a sense of elitism.
>>
What exactly are the inputs for star raves? I figured it's about time I get off my ass and learn it
>>
>>129140396
I don't know man, it's kinda not that subjective if you think about it.
Anyway. Good luck with your own new community. Maybe you will prove us all wrong some day. See ya.
>>
Ok, Ninja Cinema is a really nice feature.
>>
>>129140396
By the way, I think you'll have more success if you'll advertise crazy games in communities where people play games to express themselves. I think they will understand crazy more than action games community.
For example there is Toribash community. Part of it focuses on making great looking replays. It takes a lot of time and a lot of skill to make a ~10sec replay. And every player has his own style, moves his own way. It is kinda like art. It is kinda like crazy.
>>
File: smile-megan-fox-.jpg (238KB, 1600x1144px) Image search: [Google]
smile-megan-fox-.jpg
238KB, 1600x1144px
>>129142958
>Good luck with your own new community. Maybe you will prove us all wrong some day. See ya.
Not him but...
>cgg died 3 times
>can barely reach 100 post
>>
>>129144735
Not sure what you're getting at when we know it's dead as fuck here. Point is we'd rather die before we get overrun by casual shitters.
>>
>>129145572
>overrun by casual shitters
It's like dying but denying that we are actually dead.
>>
>>129145572
>casual shitters.
What the fuck do you think we're trying to allow here, Batman? God of War? Asura's Wrath? Bloodborne? DarkSouls? DragonsDogma? Seriously, what the fuck are you thinking over there?

>causal shitters
>playing any games efficiently
Blasphemous. Your logic is pitiful.

>Point is we'd rather die before we get overrun by casual shitters.
Ok grandpa. You grandpas are hilarious.
>>
>>129144164
http://youtu.be/vqJpxCbbrPk
Here is toribash gameplay video if anyone is interested.
>>
>>129147049
>All that work
>Shitty ass result
lmao
>>
If only we had the GOAT shitposter Mrstarkiller and his lacky here to revitalize the thread with their obnoxious posting style and line by line retorts.
>>
>>129149753
Yeah, good stuff takes a lot more time. Couldn't find gameplay videos of making it though, only already finished replays. But you get the idea and potential.
>>
>waaaahhh cgg is bad because they won't allow my obscure ass games nobody but me plays

Seriously, you guys need a fucking reality check. Do you SERIOUSLY believe that by allowing a bunch of minor, more obscure games in an already niche as fuck general will do anything to spike our activity? Do you retards seriously think that beyond maybe one or two people anyone will play those games?

For fuck's sake. We already harbor some incredibly popular action games. Introducing a bunch of mostly unknown weeb games is not going to change things. Do you think people who haven't heard of games like DMC and MGR will come here and revive the general by talking about fucking old ass beat em ups or Tales games?

Do you think that will do anything but dilute the general's quality? I mean shit just seriously think about this for a moment

What will be accomplished by a bunch of people attempting to talk about games literally nobody gives a shit about? I don't doubt someone out there can go full sperg on one of these unknown games, but then what? Said person posts webms that look boring as shit and then some huge walls of text nobody cares about because nobody even plays those games

You are retarded and miss the entire point of why the general isn't as active if you think "allowing" (I don't even know what you fucking idiots would consider allowing) a bunch of games literally nobody plays anymore would do anything to revive the general
>>
>>129155181

And shit the more you think about it the less sense it makes. People already are too lazy/too uninterested to discuss or make footage for the most popular games here, which also happen to be the highest quality games

Introducing a bunch of "cuhrayzee-lite" games does nothing because once again not only are those games more niche than the ones we already discuss, they're also of lesser quality. If half the general already doesn't play say, ninja gaiden, what the fuck is going to be their incentive to buy and play games that are lesser in quality? What is the draw to playing such games beyond "I have literally nothing else to play so I'll give these old/obscure games a try"

Sometimes people forget that most people also don't just stick to one genre. Someone who's an expert in X game in the general can just be busy playing something completely unrelated like a warhammer game for example, or a horror game or whatever.

So really what the fuck do you expect from "introducing" more "cuhrayzee-lite" games? Because the general is going to stay just as dead since virtually no one is going to play these new lesser games over the more popular and better games. It just makes no fucking sense. Cuhrayzee-lite is just codeword "I've played most of the recommended games and I need a fix for a new good action game that sort of resembles these other great games I've already played". It's also codeword for "I want shit that's available on PC so I can torrent it instead of having to buy games only on console"

I mean if you really want to hear the truth is that the majority of people who at some point have visited the general only play DMC because it's the most easily accessible and in their eyes the flashiest one. Few new people are going to be hunting for copies of Vanquish for example. Much less are they going to fucking go and buy a copy of Oneechanbara
>>
>>129156141

Actually it makes sense that the community is slow, in the typical older forum fashion of slow. It just 'feels' as if we're dying because the board is too fucking fast. Unless you want us to be filled with shitposters and tripfags all circlejerking over some stupid inane shit then there's nothing with the generals dying sometimes. I mean fuck I don't think I've ever seen any other action game community that's half as active as /cgg/ (and I mean that in a more than 10 posts per day way). You've all got retarded expectations for what our activity should be.

Unless, like I said, you want to discuss trivial bullshit like game lore and circlejerk over e-celebs and stuff
>>
>>129155181
>What will be accomplished by a bunch of people attempting to talk about games literally nobody gives a shit about?

There are certain games that people discuss in the general that are completely ignored by everyone except for a few people. And as you say, more games will make it worse.
>>
Am i imagining things or dodges sideways in God Hand actually count as shoves?
>>
>>129156870
>shoves
Player doesn't push away enemies while side stepping. If anything, they would actually get stopped by the enemy. Been a while since I got surrounded enough to let something like that happen though. Better check when I can play the game.
Unless you mean enemy dodging sideways in which case I am even less sure
>>
>>129156841
>nobody here plays Viewtiful Joe and I am not good enough to be truly viewtiful
sad. Is there a tutorial for VJ 1 or 2?
>>
File: 1452472186283.jpg (32KB, 720x480px) Image search: [Google]
1452472186283.jpg
32KB, 720x480px
>>129155181
This post is trigger as fuck.
>>
>>129156595
This.

/cgg/ is not dying. /vg/ is simply too fast.

Maybe moving to doublech would help
>>
File: 1442954920768.webm (2MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1442954920768.webm
2MB, 1920x800px
Bump.
>>
File: azoaew1.jpg (32KB, 451x299px) Image search: [Google]
azoaew1.jpg
32KB, 451x299px
>>129164742
>health packs
You heard them, we'd rather die.
>>
File: 1452326525976.jpg (105KB, 792x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1452326525976.jpg
105KB, 792x1000px
>>
Is it okay to ask people to team up for Tag Climax in Bayo 2 here?

I can never find a partner with quick match
>>
>>129173315
i really hope you realize you can play with CPU and even continue with story campaign while you're waiting in the lobby
>>
>>129096247
laughed and choked on my spit
>>
File: wI1bzwd.jpg (324KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
wI1bzwd.jpg
324KB, 800x450px
Roadtrip to hell WHEN
>>
>>129179363
We are already dead, so soon.
>>
File: JKiMRUr.jpg (255KB, 447x322px) Image search: [Google]
JKiMRUr.jpg
255KB, 447x322px
Why didn't Mundus ever show up in his concept design?
>>
>>129185539
because Kamiya wanted his shooting mini game instead of making a boss that could top Nelo Angelo 3
>>
have a vital star before i go to bed, /cgg/
>>
>>129185539
Because Naruto stole it.
>>
File: Genji Dawn of the Samurai.jpg (109KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Genji Dawn of the Samurai.jpg
109KB, 640x480px
I JUST finished Genji for the PS2, here's a quick review:
>Pros
-Simple but very tight, responsive and rewarding gameplay
-Difficulty is great, not too easy and not too hard, "difficult mode" is a blast
-Amazing art direction from music to character design and level design
-Nice RPG elements and your character actually wears/use what you equip him with, you don't see that in every game
>Cons
-Too damn short
-Story is too dumb, predictable and overall a big piece of shit in this regard
-No bonuses, minigames or anything

Overall a great short game, the uber-retarded story almost ruins it but the setting and gameplay definetely make up for it.
>>
>>129179363
I doubt dante would freak out that much
>>
File: 61cuRmDFydL._SX425_.jpg (20KB, 425x340px) Image search: [Google]
61cuRmDFydL._SX425_.jpg
20KB, 425x340px
Do you folks use any specific pads when you play your cuhrayzee games?

Or do you just use the standard PS3/360 controllers?
>>
File: 1452326301260.gif (3MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452326301260.gif
3MB, 400x300px
>>
>>129194223
>gif
It's the current year, granddad
>>
>>129194216
I recently started using the Xbone controller. It's great. The only problem I have is my fingers bumping to the cord causing the controller to disconnect. It might be the wire.
>>
File: Livestream recording (02).webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Livestream recording (02).webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>129194216
PS3 controller.
>>
>>129194216
ps2 all the way
>>
File: 1871900-130696736626.jpg (23KB, 721x489px) Image search: [Google]
1871900-130696736626.jpg
23KB, 721x489px
>>129195136
>It is the CURRENT YEAR
>>
>>129194216
Xbox 360 controller, because it is the only that i have that works on my pc, and also most of my cuhrayzee is on my xbox 360 anyways.
>>
>>129195809
What advantage does the PS2 controller have over the PS3 controller?
>>
File: 1452655772707.gif (3MB, 240x135px) Image search: [Google]
1452655772707.gif
3MB, 240x135px
>>
>>129198927
triggers feel better
>>
>>129201169
*vomits*
just use WebM for Retards
>>
>>129201508
>*action*
>>>/g/aia
>>
File: 1452624099999.gif (3MB, 231x132px) Image search: [Google]
1452624099999.gif
3MB, 231x132px
>>
So, playing more of NG3:RE. And i honestly feel that i'll be spending a lot of time with this game, like, is probably going to be my second game, being after bayonetta.

At least for what i've seen and played yet, but i can truly say that once i beat all difficulties and understand the game well enough.

Bad enemy design, and steel on bone are things that i can get past due to the fact that Momiji, Ayane and Kasumi are so fun to control, and to use in general.
>>
File: TFnlBy16Qsw.jpg (131KB, 1280x719px) Image search: [Google]
TFnlBy16Qsw.jpg
131KB, 1280x719px
>>129194216

using this. It has a really cool feature. It can switch between xbox and usual controller(there is a swtch on the back side). So you can play games that support only xbox controller or that don't support it. Thats pretty neat I think. Not recommending it though. fingers tend to get tired of lower triggers. They are way to stiff. Thats good for racing games though because you can easily control the throttle. But sadly I don't play them. Thats pretty much the only downside of this thing.

hey cgg, post your controllers maybe?
>>
File: 1439310764605.jpg (36KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1439310764605.jpg
36KB, 640x480px
>>129205614
>All that repetition at the end
How is this even a GOOD combo? DMCfags, do you just like the fact he did a little bit of moving while throwing the rose over and over? What grade would you give this combo?
>>
>>129205632
>Playing for the waifus
I love you RE bro, but please stay away from my best girl Momiji. Go back to your best girl Ayane. Momiji is mine and you can't have her. And keep up the good work. I'm on your side of the fence when it comes to RE. When you get a chance post something so we can see how things are coming together for you.
>>
>you will never be Ryu who gives all the waifus the taste of his massive Dragon Sword and fill them with Ki
why live
>>
>>129205614
wow this is great, anon
>>
File: 1452526901291.gif (2MB, 200x171px) Image search: [Google]
1452526901291.gif
2MB, 200x171px
>>
>>129210531
insert
DMCsavage.mp3
DMCsensational.mp3
>>
>>129194216

I'm using a PS3 controller currently but since I've gotten into VJ I'm pulling together a bit of cash to get a proper gamecube controller PC setup.
>>
File: ecT6US5.png (107KB, 534x719px) Image search: [Google]
ecT6US5.png
107KB, 534x719px
>>
>>129191419
Huh. I only ever played the PS3 demo. I'll give this old one a go, then. Thanks
>>
File: 1446096372496.jpg (95KB, 330x327px) Image search: [Google]
1446096372496.jpg
95KB, 330x327px
>>129190089
Jesus Christ, Naruto, the fuck happened with YOU?
>>
Is PSO2 anon still around? I didn't know PSO2 had weapon switching and stuff, what's holding the game back from being cuhrayzee again?
>>
>>129173315

I'd join you but my FUCKING DISC DECIDED TO BE SCRATCHED AND THE DAMN SCRATCH IS SO MINISCULE YOU NEED THE HUBBLE TELESCOPE TO SEE IT BUT MY FUCKING WII U STILL CAN'T READ THE BULLSHIT ASS DISC AND I'M SO FUCKING MAD JESUS CHRIST I WILL SNAP SOMEONE IN HALF

and then I'll just buy the digital in a few weeks I guess
>>
>>129071612
pure gameplay mechanics wise it doesn't have a lot of new stuff to offer, but getting capcom level tweaked combat mechanics together with shadow of the collosus climbing in an open world package together with pawn training, dungeon crawling and messing with the very good character creator and clothing system is pretty unique for one game to have.

DD gets better the more you play it. You start to realize how to have fun. The classes are also all different in playstyle.
>>
>>129085547
a speed icnrease for MGR wouldn't be a bad idea really. But 2.1x the normal speed? Meh.

Though anyone know what attack raiden was doing before the game crashed?
>>
Seriously, what the fuck.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm25462205
>>
>>129131238
>Freesia.
>4 skill slots
Very unlikely.
>>
>>129225257
For those without an account:
http://www.mmcafe.com/nico.html

copy paste the link to tthat page and you can watch.

>>129225257
As for the video, I'm sort of impressed but not really. What was your point in posting it?
>>
>>129226550
>What was your point in posting it?
Didn't we say this game had nothing interesting besides some movement cancelling and that in the form of combat depth there's nothing to offer?

Doing an evaluation of that video;

+ Re-positioning
+ Juggling
+ Allowing the enemy to touch the floor and still being able to complete the combo in a stylish manner
+ Weapon switching on the fly
+ Doppelganger(?)
+ Different properties in moves
Charging, Cancelling, Launching, Bouncing, Knock away/toward, Grabs, Stuns, Holds
+ Apparently that's not even half the moves in the game.

We know it's got movement tool like dash cancels and guard cancels, so what exactly is this game missing in terms of cuhrayzee?
>>
>>129228675
I'm not prone to getting into discussions about this, but if I'm correct it needs to have some sort of system that motivates creative use of attacks, and enemies that have different weight and hitbox properties to make the juggling different.
That is, officially spoken.

Still when I think about playing the game I'm sort of interested, but then realize that if I do play it I'll be focusing on builds, levels ups, and grinds 90% of the time so I can get my moveset.

I dunno man. I'd rather play dmc4 and when I run out things to learn I'll play dmc3.
>>
>>129230725
> it needs to have some sort of system that motivates creative use of attacks
A style meter? There's no style meter in the game, not even a combo meter.

>but then realize that if I do play it I'll be focusing on builds, levels ups, and grinds 90% of the time so I can get my moveset.
I asked my friend about this via quoting your post. He said skill trees and weapon skills are not tide to one another. Weapon Skills are obtained through killing enemies or buying them from the shop. He also said that a lv30 character with a pet can learn every skill in the game. He also said all weapons can be used at level 1.

When I asked for a source on weapon skills he sent me this incomplete list: http://pso2.cirnopedia.info/others_4.php

And here are the skill trees in the game which doesn't have any weapon skill on it: http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/skillcalc.php

So the game is disqualified because it doesn't have a style meter. Oh well I guess.
Thread posts: 152
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.