[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 757
Thread images: 76

File: MA Man Booster Builders.png (298KB, 960x403px) Image search: [Google]
MA Man Booster Builders.png
298KB, 960x403px
Novice pretender design edition

Previous Thread: >>128175647

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is ded.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the pastebin
>Read

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>128523015
>misfortune
>magic 3
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>128523081
MA Man has monks, though.
>>
>>128523135
>unaffected by magic scales,
>>
>>128523135
It's more that magic goes very well with luck. If you're running Magic 3, you may as well drop Order by 1 and take a point in a temp scale to get luck 1 as well.

>>128523330
Are they? I haven't played Man.
>>
Daily reminder to do your turns.
>>
File: girl 00.jpg (38KB, 362x346px) Image search: [Google]
girl 00.jpg
38KB, 362x346px
What about a nation who's dominion forces enemy units to make morale checks, or desert and join you at your capital?
>>
>>128525150
No.
>>
>>128525587
That'd be pretty cool.

I don't think it's moddable, though. You could possibly get enemy units to desert through events, but I'm not sure how you'd make them go to your capital.
>>
>>128525587
What about a dominion that killed enemy troops if they failed a MR check?

That would be more balanced than what you just suggested.
>>
>>128525850
Make it not affect commanders and it would be quite possible to deal with.

Either use mindless troops or use morale boosters to keep your troops.
>>
>>128525850
For army it's actually pretty easy to buff morale and not at all possible to buff MR. Sleeper with inspirational items would cover most of the morale checks easily.
>>
>>128525954
>>128525954
It still takes away your troops and gives them to the enemy. Due to how RNG works, even if it was an easy check it would still affect a significant percentage of your troops even with good morale. Saying you can compensate for it is like saying you can compensate for an enemy that autocasts casts Mass Enslave at the start every battle. It's possible, but that doesn't make it balanced. If nothing else it forces opponents to spend resources on coming up with counters, and not everyone has easy access to mindless troops or Sleepers.

Unless the nation itself was really weak and actually needed to rely on stolen troops to have a good army, it's completely overpowered.
>>
>>128525587
I'd prefer a dominion that forces every battle in it to constantly provoke fear checks, so squads just start turning and running.
And nation doesn't have mindless troops or commanders. Your land is just scary.
>>
>>128526385
Isn't there a global that basically does that?
>>
>take D9 blessing as LA c'tis

How do i get sacred undead to make the most use of this?
>>
>>128525587
what about a nation of lolis
>>
What exactly does the decay of bane blades do?
>>
>>128526140
Compare it to MA C'tis, who get a massive chance to disease everything living inside their dominion. C'tis dominion gives no saves, and it affects your mages and leaders too.

Losing a few % of non-commander units per turn is a lot less nasty than having everything you send in (including your mages/commanders) get diseased.

>>128528697
Decay causes targets to rapidly age on the battlefield. It will add afflictions and decrease health as age increases and eventually outright kill the unit from old age.
>>
>>128528756
what are the exact mechanics of the decay though? is it like a poison effect? how long does it last, etc?
>>
>>128528883
>Ages the target by five years per round of battle. There is a 5% chance per round that the target will get a chance to resist the spell. The resistance is checked by MR against 15
From the description of the Decay spell in the manual.
>>
>>128528756
>C'tis dominion gives no saves, and it affects your mages and leaders too.
It also doesn't give you free units, and disease doesn't instantly take away enemy units.
>>
>Ermor rushed BoT

Welp, at least we know he dumped like all his death gems into it and hasn't researched anything else. I'll be the worst hit, but I don't border him. If I did, I'd have already been balls deep in his cap with my forces.
>>
>>128528974
So is it a MR check every round or only a 5% chance to get a MR check every round?

When do more afflictions show up? Right after you hit old age?
>>
File: nice crusade cucks.png (1MB, 753x1028px) Image search: [Google]
nice crusade cucks.png
1MB, 753x1028px
So, anyone else wanna have a bad time?
>>
File: 152111523.png (2MB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
152111523.png
2MB, 1600x1064px
>>128529276
Pan was right.
>>
>>128528994
>It also doesn't give you free units
Why are you so hung up on free units?

Given that it's a morale check, what you would end up getting is mainly chaff with few useful units.

>disease doesn't instantly take away enemy units.
After 15 turns at 3% unit loss per turn (about what I'd aim to set it at for 10 morale troops) you'd have lost 37% of the troops in your army. None of the mages or leaders, none of your SCs or thugs, just a third of the troops. Less if you're using anything elite or using morale boosters.

By comparison, disease would have utterly crippled everything in your army after 15 turns in moderate-heavy C'tis dominion. Even if you managed to use Mass Regeneration to keep troops from dying, everything would be too afflicted to be useful in combat.

>>128529165
>So is it a MR check every round or only a 5% chance to get a MR check every round?
Judging by how long it seems to stay on units for, 5% chance of MR check per round.

>When do more afflictions show up? Right after you hit old age?
I think it's a chance to gain an affliction every time you gain age above your maximum. I'm not sure on this, but that's how it works outside of combat.

I believe HP (and stats like att/def/prec) decreases when you reach a % threshold above max (e.g. 150% of max age) but I don't know what these thresholds are.
>>
>>128529276
You know, undertale was an alright game. But god damn, you're annoying.
>>
>>128529276
>Killed by Elves
>Allive
>Arrested
>Killed by Elves
The lesson of the day is arround elves watch yourselves.
>>
File: wheeze.png (17KB, 345x327px) Image search: [Google]
wheeze.png
17KB, 345x327px
>>128529959
>Ulm
>Killed by elves
>>
>>128530207
What'd you call Vanheim taking the majority of their territory, killing over a thousand Ulmites and Ulm going AI the turn after losing a massive battle to Van?
>>
>>128529818
>Why are you so hung up on free units?
Because losing 37% of your army isn't just losing 37% of your army, it's also increasing your opponent's army by the same percentage at the same time. a 1000 vs 1000 just became 630 vs 1370, which means a 1:1 fight turned into a 1:2 and your opponent didn't even have to do anything but turtle.

Which is all he has to do anyway. Imagine sieging this nation's capital, while you're constantly losing units that pop up in his army to help with the defense. Even if he's outnumbered, holding out for enough turns means he simply turns the tables and brining reinforcements to speed up breaking his gate also speeds up the rate at which he gets new units.
>>
>>128530485
Giants have high morale. Skeletons have 50 morale. Plenty of ways to siege.
>>
>>128530636
Sure, but that's assuming you have the right paths to summon those and even if you do, that doesn't mean our regular armies won't still get drained.

Not to mention it will be super harsh on nations with naturally low morale. Guys like MA Ermor can just ignore it of course, but they can ignore lots of stuff that fucks normal nations up.

I mean, if you can make it an interesting nation that's cool and I'd honestly love to see it in action, but I don't believe a passive unit-stealing dominion won't be OP. I guess if you make the chance of it happening really low it won't have a huge impact, but from the way you're describing it, it would simply be OP against many nations.
>>
>>128530636
Yeah, cuz every nation has the ability to mass giants and skeletons in enough numbers to siege even a moderately well manned fort.
>>
>>128530485
>a 1000 vs 1000 just became 630 vs 1370, which means a 1:1 fight turned into a 1:2
That's still a lot better than C'tis, where sitting there for the same time leaves you with no usable troops and no usable mages.

>Imagine sieging this nation's capital, while you're constantly losing units that pop up in his army to help with the defense.
If he's stuck in his capital he's going to be losing units to desertion extremely fast and won't be able to keep a 1000 unit army. He'll still need to pay upkeep on those troops he's taking from you.

There are also other ways to increase siege strength without giving him troops. You can bring siege-boosting items, siege-boosting summons (crusher, great eagles), or anything mindless (nature has mindless chaff, and everyone should have some access to it at least)
>>
So can C'tis get any sacred undead?
>>
>>128531228
LA C'tis priests can reanimate Tomb Wyrms, which are sacred undead.
>>
>>128531228
Quadbless with them is surprisngly effective for the whole 5 turns I got to use a decent number of them.
>>
>>128520841

Incorrect. Vanheim has huge piles of gold from raiding, that it converts into mages. It tends to 'not have magic' only when the person playing it 'sucks'. It also has native high A and effective paths, especially in EA.

>>128529004

400000000000 vaetti and giants are marching there as we speak.
>>
>>128531293
strange, not getting any option to reanimate with keeper of the tombs. which units can do it?
>>
>>128532075
The undead priests, Tomb Kings and the like.
>>
>>128532049
I'm sending troops to assist, and to help Agartha retake the lands stolen by skellies.
>>
>>128532075
Oh, yeah. >>128532289 is right, they have to be undead priests. I think they need to be at least H2 as well.

The fastest way to get started with Tomb Wyrms is to summon a cheap undead (like with Revive Grave Consort) and make it your prophet.
>>
>>128532432
not sure what's going on, but i have a beseiged H4 priest that was able to reanimate last turn, but now the reanimate option has completely dissapeared...
>>
File: mercenaries on stalewarriors.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
mercenaries on stalewarriors.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
HOW
>>
>>128532492
You can't reanimate during a siege since they need to leave the fort to dig up dead snakes.
>>
>>128532514
AI cheats like a motherfucker.

Also he's probably bankrupt and got a gold event making his income positive.
>>
File: pls dont bully.png (173KB, 804x322px) Image search: [Google]
pls dont bully.png
173KB, 804x322px
Why are you so mean, niefel-sama? ;_;
>>
>>128523406
>suggesting a meme build like order2 luck1
Kek. Misf1 is fine you faglord, you get more indie attacks via thrones than you do Misf. And the tiny amount of lost gold is more than made up for by other events increasing prov income.
>>
>>128533201
Why can't you handle the bantz?
>>
>forgot to script thaumaturgs and lost around 30 of them along with 2k skellies
>the turn didn't get through and I staled
I'm sorry, guys. I'll go set myself AI now NOT.
>>
>>128533201
Git rekt skrub
>>
>>128534428
I was wondering why those guys did nothing but spam Banish.

Eh, your losses are easier to replace than mine so even though I won that battle it's not like it really matters in the long run. I'm already dead anyway, being at war with all of my neighbours at once. Just trying to kick some ass before I'm out of the game.
>>
>>128534358
I can, but he is such an experienced player and makes my heart beat faster
>>
ded
>>
>>128536693
It's 7 am in civilization on a weekday. How is it dead?
>>
File: preview_avlee_ea.png (51KB, 800x743px) Image search: [Google]
preview_avlee_ea.png
51KB, 800x743px
Ichtyid mod guy here. Made Rampart mod nation from Heroes of Might and Magic III today.

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/ea-avlee-elven-kingdom

http://www.mediafire.com/download/gu9ap6p81rp9s51/avlee_ea_v0.9.rar
>>
>>128537108
WHAT A MONSTER

Don't you think the name is a bit too similar to your Alee mod?

are you a robot
>>
>>128537108
Gelu, Gem and a centaur hero?
>>
File: 1.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>128537281
>Don't you think the name is a bit too similar to your Alee mod?
Yeah. That's because I came up with Alee just by removing 'v' from AvLee. Had no plans to make the actual AvLee mod.
>>128537426
>Gelu, Gem and a centaur hero?
Gelu, Snowjay (just some random her from HoMM4), and sylvan centaur multihero.
>>
>play c'tis
>literally easy modo

Not only is death an incredibly strong path, but undead are just OP. Indie water province? No problem, send in some cheap or free undead to take it. Free chaff. Really strong summons like wights. Horde of skeletons means you dont even need line blockers, because you can spam them in combat for free.

Meanwhile some other nations have slow to recruit A2 mages that get no fucking summons (or at least ones that matter) and cant even craft boosters.
>>
>>128537486

You planning to do all the HoMM factions so we could run a HoMM game?
>>
>>128537917
>run a homm game
rampart being EA and the other being MA kinda makes that hard unless he still kept the IDs separate

Would be cool, though.

speaking of IDs my damn unreleased, shit mod is 128 you son of a bitch
>>
>>128537917
I keep all my IDs compatible with each other, so HoMM game is possible (with some small number editing). I don't have any plans for other factions right now, but I didn't even have plans for this one. I just thought yesterday that it would be a good idea, and made it today.
>>
>>128538202
Do you use spritegen and recolor, or what?
How did you quickly do the reshading on the High Druid?
>>
>>128538202
>Do you use spritegen and recolor, or what?
No, I just use paint.net and make sprites piecemeal manually. If I need the recolor something it's as simple as select something and change hue.
>>
>>128538896
Obviously, meant to reply to
>>128538772
>>
>>128538896
make a loli mod
>>
>>128539242
Loli mod with ero story events.
>>
>>128539242
>>128539396
How degenerate
>>
Is there anyone capable of stopping this?
>>
File: 2016-01-14_00001.jpg (162KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-14_00001.jpg
162KB, 1920x1080px
>>128540210
And when I say this I mean this picture.
>>
>>128540356
How meme.
>>
>>128540391
I was hoping someone could dispel it so I could throw a bunch of gems their way.
>>
>>128540446
Me and Jotunhiem are doing the old fashioned dispell, stabbing the bugger.
>>
>>128540782
Well I wish you the best of luck in that endeavor
>>
just bought the game

any newb friendly factions?

I poste don the last thread about playing ermor and was wondering the best way to play it, as well as the best pretender set up.

I don't want to cheese with burden of time and just want to rp has the big ominous dead empire that doesn't really do much but if it did would be a pain in the arse to deal with
>>
>>128542169
Read the pastebin, it's in the OP.

I'll spoonfeed the relevant bit for you since I'm a faggot like that, but you should still read it.

>>What nations should I learn with?
>Human nations with a lot of magic diversity and mundane troops: T'ien Ch'i (any age), Arcoscephale (any age), EA Ermor, etc.
>Giant nations with a major bless: Niefelheim, Fomoria, Ashdod
>Heavy infantry nations with simple magic: MA Ulm, Abysia.
>Necromancy: C'tis (any age), Sceleria, Ermor, Asphodel, Lemuria
>Blood: Mictlan (any age), LA Ulm
>It’s worth trying out each of these playstyles at least once.
>>
>>128539730
>implying lolis are degenrate
>>
>>128542394
>t'ien ch'i
>newbie friendly

They are extremely reliant on communions because their mages are rainbow with a max of 2 in one path and a 25% chance of getting a level 3 mage. Their troops are shit and mostly poorly armored (scale mail while other nations in the same era have plate, and i'm not even referring to ulm), and the glaives are worse than pikes (length 4 weapons on shitty human soldiers without shields, good luck).

They have decent sacred summons, but limited magic command options as all their mages have shitty leadership. Some of their pretender chassis like the celestial general are hilariously bad (200+ points for poor magic, dominion, no fear, no awe, no survival abilities, doesn't even start with a shield, full armor or a magic sword).

I wouldn't call them newbie friendly.
>>
>>128543220
Good nations to learn with isn't the same as easy nations to play. Any nation that relies heavily on Blood or Astral is going to be a bit more challenging for newbies since blood economies and communions/sabbaths both take a bit more effort to use properly than simply pumping out more Niefel Giants, but that doesn't mean those aren't things you'll want to learn when starting out with the game.

Besides, I didn't write the pastebin. If you have an issue with anything in it, take it up with whoever did. Not that you will, considering you were too lazy to even read it in the first place.
>>
>>128543509
>Not that you will, considering you were too lazy to even read it in the first place.
what makes you think the guy who asked about newb friendly factions and wants to be Ermor is the same guy saying TC isnt newbie friendly?

you think some newbie asking about ermor would know shit about TC or its difficulties?
>>
>>128544840
>what makes you think the guy who asked about newb friendly factions and wants to be Ermor is the same guy saying TC isnt newbie friendly?
I'm not.

The reason I know why you didn't read it is that you didn't start whining about it until I copypasted it for the newbie.
>>
>>128545134
he started 'whining' about it then because that was when it and TC was first mentioned and posted in response to some guy asking about newbie friendly nations

the fuck am I reading
>>
I agree that Tien Chi is important for learning the game when you're new but I wouldn't put it first on the list when talking about good nations for newbies. Better to learn with a huge bless or summon spam nation and then move on to the finesse of communion mages.
>>
Look at this photograph
everytime I do it makes me laugh
>>
File: uh oh.jpg (169KB, 633x717px) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.jpg
169KB, 633x717px
So Mictlan, are we in for a collision?
>>
>>128550019
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEuU64Zt4B0
>>
>>128550019
>>128550341
Yeeees, collude at your leisure, good goyim.
>>
Are there actual black people who play Dominions? Not trying to start a shitstorm or anything...
>>
>>128550787
No, you need to send a certificate proving your pure Aryan heritage to illwinter before you're allowed to play dominions.
>>
>>128550787
Considering that Amuys was stabbed by a methhead, I'd say yes.
>>
>>128550656
>collude
I think that's more of a your thing, Shlomo.
>>
>>128550656
>>128551182
Best freudian slip ever.
>>
File: Rattling Skeleton.jpg (82KB, 446x451px) Image search: [Google]
Rattling Skeleton.jpg
82KB, 446x451px
>>128551176
>>
>>128550787
Well there's Kailasa/Bandar Log, dont think you need more.
>>
>>128550787
I tried to get a black guy to play dominions once.
He stole my bike.
>>
File: Bird we just dont know.gif (998KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
Bird we just dont know.gif
998KB, 250x251px
Burd question, when you cast Gale Gate, how many hurricanes can I expect to strike my enemies?

I don't want them to get too mad at me for casting it.
>>
>>128552710
It doesn't matter, they'll get mad anyway.

>Oh no, your global caused one shitty event in my land! I consider this a personal attack and will not rest until I've killed you!
>>
>trying to make PD less shit
>can't mod in more commanders because hurr hardcoded
>manual mentions that the default is 20 units per 10 PD, which obviously isn't the case (you actually get 1 unit per 1 PD, half that rate)

I tried giving most PD 20 units per 10 PD, except for tribals which are super shit so they have double that rate. Militia is replaced by light infantry in all cases, most of the poptypes that are really similar to militia/archers/hvy infantry are now standardized to light infantry/archers/hvy infantry.

http://pastebin.com/0ZEgL9GR

Not sure how effective the increased PD is, thoughts?

This is for indies only as it modifies poptype, PD in fort provinces will default to your nation's PD settings.
>>
>>128555048
>multipliers of 60, 80, and 120
what
>>
Can the next quote be the one with "I have become death, destroyer of worlds".

I feel it will be relevant, especially for three select people.
>>
File: don-t-break-the-seal.png (8KB, 178x178px) Image search: [Google]
don-t-break-the-seal.png
8KB, 178x178px
>>128556347
>>
File: Untitled.png (565KB, 1139x393px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
565KB, 1139x393px
>Cross-breeding
>Not viable
>>
>>128556347
Dude, don't.
>>
>>128556865
If it only gave you the big monsters, maybe.
>>
>>128555409
60 means 6 units per PD point.
>>
>>128556865
If the good results were more common it would be quite viable.

As it is, all it's good for is generating lots of chaff quickly.
>>
>>128557304
Yeah. That's a lot when you have 60 for troglodytes and 120 on cavemen and stuff, don't you think?
Or maybe not and I'm a baddie. Who knows.
>>
Any games open for a sorta-newish guy but not really newish?
>>
>>128557582
>120 on cavemen

That's like a 4000% increase on the default, what the fuck?
>>
>>128538025
>my damn unreleased, shit mod
If you're never going to release it can you at least tell us about it?
>>
>>128545254
It's been in the pastebin forever. If you had an issue with it you could have mentioned it at any point prior to this. In any thread, even.
>>
File: halmir.png (2MB, 1051x1702px) Image search: [Google]
halmir.png
2MB, 1051x1702px
>>128558652
You can have my shitty nation descrip and a picture of the unit roster and stuff that I just threw together.

The primary problem with it at the moment is its power level with mage pathing. Pretty sure they're too high, or something. Just like the description's word count holy christ + drama level, and the clutter on the banner.

It's basically as feature complete as it'll ever be, really. Ideally I'd add more spells to reinforce the theme but I got mad at the modding limitations/spriting and ideas are hard. I was tempted to just steal from Leijkis's spells because I noticed a similar theme (but mine is much less ...uncontrolled), but I can't do that.
>>
>>128556347
I believe it's closer to 'now I am become death, destroyer of worlds'
>>
>>128559157
>>128545254
And before that it was in the OP for even longer.

Which just proves that some people never bother reading anything, I guess.
>>
>>128560224
>mass horror mark

Jesus Christ, how horror-fying.
>>
>>128561241
ayyy lmao
Yeah I have no idea how to properly balance that, but I thought it'd be funny to throw in. It's Thaum 7 S5H1 3 pearls to cast at the moment.
National income is 3x pearls, 2x death gems, 3x slaves. EA nation.
>>
>>128560224
>>128562002
That's pretty neat. There's an old mod, Horror Scourge, that deals with the exploitation of horrors for fun and profit. Maybe you could draw some inspiration from it.
http://forum.shrapnelgames.com/showthread.php?t=31981
And here's a link to a version that I've updated for dom4.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/6s02sr7aac94kjs/MA_TheranEmpire_Dom4.rar

I do have some questions though.
What are the actual paths on their rec-anywhere mages?
Do they have powerful sacreds?
Can they summon sacreds?
How does the nation play? Does it horrormark the enemy army, then summon horrors and run away? Does it summon horrors to fight alongside their troops? Does it summon horrors and hope that the horrors kill the enemy first, and that Halmirran experience and specialized anti-magic weaponry can kill horrors before horrors kill them?
How did you make that "summon doom horror" spell? As far as I know, modded spells that summon uniques pick the summon at random; instead of picking a different summon should it select one that already exists, it summons the one that exists to the caster's province. I'd like to know how you made it work.
>>
File: GET BACK TO THE WATER REEEEE.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
GET BACK TO THE WATER REEEEE.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
Frog status: frogged out.

This nation is so damn fun, doublecasting mummies are the best thing ever.
>>
File: mage lineup.png (16KB, 851x323px) Image search: [Google]
mage lineup.png
16KB, 851x323px
>>128562856
Rather than be a clown here is the link to the mod. Hurrah.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/kn888xxp88d0ntt/Halmir.7z

>rec-anywhere mages?
See pic attached for the mages. Should be 98%+ right. What I probably need to do is reduce all of the random pathings a ton/flat-remove-em. Or manually increase their prices.
>powerful sacreds?
I think they're pretty strong, but they're also reclimit 4 cap-only magic beings. Still, quite strong.
>Summoned sacreds
Yeah, undead ones via a spell I didn't list. Who use the same sprites/stats as the not undead ones, but undeadified. Conj 5, "Call Ancestral Shiln".
>How does it play
I...don't know. They can skelespam if they want, and they have all the normal shenanigans S and B give you (horrors included). I don't actually have anybody with magic weaponry except for the sacred because I was worried about further balance problems there. I just figure magic protected them.
>The summon doom horror spell
I had problems with that. You can't use effect #87 with montags which sucks because then you don't get a neat "x has answered your call" effect. Instead it's just effect 37 using the montag of 8 (well, -8), which is assigned to Doom Horrors. It actually resorts to Greater Horrors if they're all on the map already (I believe that is what was going on), which is why I had to add that line in the spell. I tested the spell with #defector 50 still on the Doom Horrors so it made it slightly hard to tell what was going on though, honestly.
>>
>>128564307
Also here's a pretty good note: I've never played MP that isn't beating up computers with a buddy or two, so that should give you an idea of how well I know the games interactions and its balance.
>>
What level of appetite would DOMG have for an attempt to have a batch of balanced mod nations for each era? Obviously this would not be me just attempting it myself, but if it would never be used then bribing/coercing/blackmailing others to join would be pointless.
>>
>>128564720
Do you mean like us make a bunch of mods, or just collect a bunch of mods, or both at the same time?
>>
>>128564156
I really don't get why UW nations think they can compete with any serious land nation if they don't have a big magic or army advantage
>>
>>128564307
That lineup looks very strong not because any one unit is bonkers but because they're just so efficient. The insanity thing might be a mitigating factor just because it'll make things annoying to use from time to time. I might also be reading the randoms wrong, but the Court Masters have up to S5 random and B4 random? Because that's pretty strong - it means that with just a coin and things that you can forge natively, you can boost to wish casting and trivially make blood boosters without empowerment. The blood hunting priests in particular are basically overpowered just because they ensure a steady supply of slaves for a very low upkeep. I'm not sure I understand the 27 blood slave summon thing on the Brother, but recruitable H3s are also very good in general just because of the ease of throne claiming. Foreign rec S mages also means that you can get an insane number out, but since they require a temple they at least require more infrastructure than LA Ulm
>>
>>128565071
The UW v Land disadvantage fights are stuff like a bunch of melee v a bunch of crossbows. That battle is a bunch of chaff v sacreds and mages; the disadvantage isn't from being a UW nation, it's from bringing literally only infantry against an actual player force.
>>
>>128565389
Oh, I thought he had brought some sacreds with him, turns out it's mother guard and not coral guard that are the atlantis sacreds. I guess you lose as any nation if you just bring normal infantry against supayas.
>>
File: fortress denied.png (580KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
fortress denied.png
580KB, 1280x1024px
>indie commander standing in a province for 3 turns
>that player attacks you
>you attack that province
best feel ever :^)
>>
>>128564836
As in one mod, that adds a couple of nations for each era, which fall in the middle quartiles in terms of power.
>>
>>128565142
>efficient
What do you mean? In that they don't have a bunch of possible other things to get/level-1-paths? I mostly want to limit their non-SBD pathing as a balance/theme thing.

>Master S5/B4
Yes, possibly. Not both, but one or the other. I know, they're high.
Any suggestions, there? -1S base? Here's there because I wanted an SDB mage, but, eh.

>BH Priest
What do you think of the Ea Xibalba Ah Nakom versus this guy? I thought the he might be a bit too good as well, but the Ah Nakom sort of told me that it was mostly ok, but maybe not?

>Brother
Yeah, it's just a blood summon that costs 27 slaves. For here I was worried about the dyingdom/nopreach/bloodsac effects. The only other nation in the game with that combo is Mictlan, who has basically H2 on all of their mages (so you're generally never without a sacrificer/having-to-spend-a-turn-just-to-get-one) and an H3 reccom. My H2 has insane 10 which isn't listed, so that makes it slightly more annoying to manage your dominion. I put this guy in really as a way to add theme/flavor, and the blood cost was chosen pretty much arbitrarily, because I have no idea.

>For-Rec S
Yeah I was worried about that. I just wanted a mage that was mostly specific to the nomads so I thought he should be foreignrec, but I knew that foreign-rec mages (especially S?) are apparently a problem. They initially lacked H1 but I put it on as a counterbalance to ease-of-production, but yeah, still.

Any mechanical change ideas?
>>
>>128566205
Supayas can fly underwater, btw.
>>
>>128567084
By efficient I mean that they're cheap. Think MA Ulm smiths - he does what you need at a great cost for what you get.

Recruitable S5 just seems high, yeah. 1/1/1 would at least leave them below starspawn. Recruitable B4, by comparison, isn't that huge of a deal since B empowering isn't that expensive and many other blood nations get armor of twisting thorns as another booster.

The xibalban B1 hunter spreads unrest, so he effectively has a higher upkeep than what it says on the tin and contributes a tad more to the pop kill from patrolling.

Having the H3 be a blood summon seems totally reasonable, but it's probably too cheap. The bishop fish is aquatic, and gems are worth more than 2 blood slaves.

If the navigators are intended to be sailing commanders, I don't think that they need to be mages too. Maybe give them something else related to guiding people through horror-filled territory, like void sanity.

Also, if you don't have it already, having weapons that apply horror marks would be pretty awesome.
>>
>>128567254
Isn't that true of all units that have Fly in Storms? You just usually don't see them underwater. As I understand it, the not-flying-underwater thing is just the storm effect.
>>
>>128567782
I think so but they're the ones which are amphibious AND have fly in storms.
>>
>>128566174
Even if they were sacreds, MA Atlantis sacreds aren't particularly impressive. They're 1 attack size 3 infantry.
>>
>>128567254
Yeah I know it, I just need some more air gems to get my commanders underwater too.
How does one magic support underwater with no water magic? Mind burn is probably an option but I want tasty areas since atlantis seems to have a lot of size 2 units (two fireballs per turn per Royal mallqui made my dick hard this battle)
>>
>>128568218
orb lightning and lightning bolt both work underwater. That + buff spells (I'm assuming you throw some sort of buffs on your supaya) will be most of what you bring.
>>
>>128568218
Get an Itchyd Shaman province, slap 4 of them with slave matrixes, royal mallquis cast spells for days. I'm not quite sure what spells but at that level of magic spam I don't think it matters much.
>>
>>128568218
Horde of skeletons works underwater.
>>
>>128568523
Oh, and skelly spam
>>
>>128539730
Lolis are pure.
>>
>>128557913
Cavemen are incredibly shit by default though.
>>
>>128569164
Yeah but still.
>>
>>128569260
Still what? A 4000% increase will make them, at best, worth the gold sometimes.
>>
>>128568910
those that lust for lolis are not
>>
>>128555048
>This is for indies only as it modifies poptype, PD in fort provinces will default to your nation's PD settings.
Can't that stuff be modified too, albeit more tediously?
>>
>>128523015
how do I skelly spam

what is the best build for skelly spam?

is there skeleton jelly?
>>
>>128569664
120 units for 55 gold is a fucking lot even if they are bad units. And Cavemen hit like a truck, so it's not like they're entirely useless.

That mod doesn't seem to be about making PD "worth the gold" as much as it is about making light raiding impossible.
>>
>>128567646
Oh, they're cheap. Yeah I dunno, I'm just going off autocalc for most things. I guess the thing here is that they simply don't have extraneous abilities/pathing, so it's not increasing their cost a bunch.

I didn't even know about this aquatic fish. I'll bump it up to like ~45 slaves, then?

Navigators are not sailors. They're like spiritual guides/star-readers to the nomads. The only sailing comm in the nation is their fort-rec Captain, who is also the only guy with leadership higher than 40 [Nomad chief & Navigator] or 10 [all mages], at 80.

The sacred's sword horrormarks, and the Brother's fist (if he was to actually punch a dude for whatever reason) does so as well. Technically so does the little bird summon, but it's easymrnegates so is unlikely to ever actually do anything, especially combined with 8 ATT and overall terribleness.

Thanks for the feedback, by the way. I expected it to be a lot harsher, to be honest. Have you made any mods yourself?
>>
>>128570078
This is PD though, they're stuck to one province. Which means chances are you'll never spend that 55 gold because you've got like a hundred provinces and honestly when are you even gonna need shit like that?

>making light raiding impossible.
If your idea of "light" is "with a scout". Thugged out elves are going to cut through 120 cavemen like they were butter. Anything in mid-game can cut through it with a single mage, a strong bless can cut through it, and in the early game nobody can afford it so it doesn't matter.
>>
>>128570528
Well, if you're that set on it, I'm obviously not going to change your mind.

Do continue.
>>
>>128570715
I'm not even the modder, I just think buffing PD is a very good idea. I'd like to play a game with his mod and see how the specifics work out, and after we know a bit more about that I'd like to see PD buffs in sum1won's general purpose balance mod. Those buffs might end up smaller than in this test mod, but PD definitely does need buffs.
>>
>>128570894
What, in your opinion, is buffed PD meant to achieve that you can't achieve with regular PD right now?
>>
>>128567935
I'm probably going to copper arm + crystal shield my royal mallqui eventually. Because why the fuck not. Man I LOVE crystal shields.
>>
>>128571265
Two words:
Spellcasting Encumberence.
>>
>>128571742
i know but -50% fatigue cost is a lot in some spells, isn't it?
>>
jesus fucking christ, how long does it take to ban a single nation? with this pace we won't start till it's 2137
>>
>>128571913
24 hours to make a ban is enough imo, you should skip them if they last more than 24 hours (secon chance to pick nation after everyone pick theirs if they skipped pick phase)
>>
>>128571104
Being occasionally cost-efficient beyond 1pd in normal play, and being a potential counter to a raid-happy enemy, driving up the cost of raiding and allowing a wealthy nation to reduce the number of raids enough that a war can be won against raiders without inevitably plummeting you to the bottom of the rankings, assuming you don't get picked apart by the vultures who see you shedding provinces anyway.
>>
>>128571868
It's fatigue/(1+levels above spell level), so at most 50%. Asside from that with a clam they could cast it anway, and encumbrance is doubled for spellcasting, makes it as worth it as hearts of life on mages.
>>
>>128572093
So basically you want it to counter raiding as a tactic because you're not gud enough to do it the regular ways, even though you just claimed it wouldn't even stop a single raider?

Nice talking to you, chump.
>>
>>128572547
Yes that's exactly what I said.
>>
Damn, I thought we have 72 hour delay now (36+ turn or something).
>>
ded
>>
>NO TURNS
>>
File: rite.png (390KB, 525x394px) Image search: [Google]
rite.png
390KB, 525x394px
Pan was right
>>
>>128572059
well I'm not the admin, just an extremely butthurt signee.
>>
>>128577458
Llamaserver didn't send me a new turn file, that was interesting.
>>
Is there any way to make a unit/troop start with a magical item/effect?
More specifically, a way to start with Luck?
I wanna give all of these units Lucky Coins just by default, but I can't give them the luck/magical part of it - I can only copyarmor, which is just the prot/parry stats.

#onebattlespell only works for comms, so I can't do personal luck for em all unless I wanna just make a comm that casts Will of the Fates which I obviously don't want to do.
>>
>>128578164
will anyone mock on me if i ban MA ermor?
it's not thaaat strong, but they are annoying and sceleria is banned
>>
>>128579417
NO SKELETONS
>>
>>128579417
don't do it nigga
don't ban a faction just because shitters use shitty gimmicks and strats

just ban the strats and make sure you don't have absolute retard power gamers playing it
>>
>>128579417
Go ahead.

>>128579771
It's a game where each player gets to ban a nation and then pick a nation.
>>
>>128580456
isn't there any easy counters to ermor?
>>
>>128580762
Elementals
>>
>>128580762
That it's a disciple game.
>>
>>128550341
This ain't me actually. I just want all the yummy farm provinces.
>>
>>128579417
No that would be stupid
>>
>>128580762

Not if Ermor knows what they're doing.
>>
>>128580762
It's your argument, don't ask me to make it for you.

>>128580870
Disciples game, so its going to be a bit weird. Ermor is probably going to try to expand with an awake disciple and thug-commanders. He'll send provinces and gold to his allies, apart from that which he'll use for indie mages who will supplement research. His allies will give him all the death gems he can eat to make lictor factories.
>>
>>128580762

Magic duel plus whatever to remove skeleton chaff.
>>
went through the motions and I think I'm ready for a game.
are there any mods that are normally on for most of the hosted matches is it just the heroes mod like the pastebin says?
>>
>>128582191
Just the heroes mod.
>>
>>128579417
Just a warning, you'll be letting Nazca through, so you'll have undead spam either way.

And Nazca undead is much spookier than Ermor in Disciples, since using Ermor's Dominion in Disciples . . . is a bad idea.
>>
>>128582393
cool, guess I'm ready to play
>>
If anybody would like to know how to NOT diplo in dominions, let me direct you to the following thread:
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2750&st=45
>>
File: lukas3.png (369KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
lukas3.png
369KB, 750x750px
another fine drawing done by my friend. Please enjoy
>>
>>128584472
Ally is fucking hilarious, see also Boz 2 and I think Ffaanla threads for his brand of diplomacy.
>>
>>128584472
This is an impressive level of salt, even for dominions players.
>>
>>128584979
AN and Ally are two different players, but yes.
>>
>>128584917
That's a pretty sick art style, m8. Make your friend draw more stuff.
>>
>>128584917
What are his other drawings?
>>
File: M95f9OY.png (317KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
M95f9OY.png
317KB, 600x500px
>>128586223
>>
>>128586339
come on senpai

burden of time isn't even that bad

and ermor isn't overpowered, their fairly benign most of the time and are more scared of you then you are of them. They just want to turtle in peace and field 10000 strong skele armies, but not actually use em.

leave ermor alone
>>
>>128586630
read the comment chain.
>>
>>128585637
I just read the first post, which was Ally attempting to beligerently force others to do what he wanted them to, rather than the rest of the page. So it's not quite as stupid as mistaking usernames but still a fuckup on my part.
>>
>>128587118
Ally isn't even in that thread, though. I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>128587573
Well, turns out I had a tab open of a different thread from the forum, and didn't pay attention to the taskbar.

IE, I'm retarded.
>>
>>128564307
>>128564520
Their rec-anywhere magic is surprisingly low for an EA modnation, but that's not a bad thing. What they have is all they need to be effective.

The "free"spawn horror hawks are a little strange, but I guess they're thematic. That they can pull double-duty as chaff and patrollers is neat, but they're not exceptionally durable for chaff.

>making doomhorrors sacred
It's probably fine.

I think you forgot to make an Exalted of the Shade Court, unless the Master of the Court is supposed to be what Harbringers of the Shade Court become.

The sacred undead should probably have a bonus to MR, and enc 0, like most ethereal/ghostly undead. Also you made a typo/error with their spell; the actual fatiguecost is 12 (0 gems), but the note says that it's 12 gems. You got it right everywhere else though.

The Shiln troops are very cost effective. The Outrangers, less so. I think this was another error, but they're duelwielding a light lance and a falchion. The penalty from duelwielding a light lance and falchion without Ambidextrous is bringing them to 6 attack.

Not sure why the Outrider Chief has Heretic; that's for units that are actively working against your authority, not for those that just don't care.

And that's everything that jumped out at me. Maybe I'll find more after a slower perusal.

For what it's worth, I really like this nation; the idea (horror nation) isn't unique, but the execution certainly is. The lore is interesting, the nation is, at least, more balanced than pre-patch Nazca, the sprites are okay, and it's not even finished yet.
>>
>>128584472
It feels like I played with that guy. Several times. Under different aliases.

Goddammit, that's a lot of salt.
>>
What is the unit of gold you use to pay for things in Dominions?
When you don't have enough currency to build a fort but try anyways, it says "pounds of gold", but that seems excessive; even the most basic of militia would cost 7 pounds of gold to arm, train, and hire.
What's more, events refer to it as pieces, coins, bags. etc.

What takes precedence?
>>
>>128589670
Most of the money is in life insurance
>>
What games are currently recruiting?
>>
>>128590112
I'd like to know that too
>>
>>128590945
>>128590112
I don't think any, want me to start a "Serriously no skeletons"?
>>
>>128591246
That'd be nice
>>
>>128591484
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Seriously_No_Skeletons
No nations with death magic allowed.
>>
>>128588302
Yeah, I didn't want the hawks to be very great chaff. I intended them to be a patrol-aid for the most part.

I didn't forget to make an Exalted, it's just that the Shade Court is weaker than the Dream Sanctum in magical power, so simply doesn't have Exalted-tier guys. The Master, with his name, sort of implies that they are the T3 Court and they kind of are - but they're also a mix, which is just the DS creeping in again.
I should probably rename the Shade Court guys, honestly.

>Sacred Undead
I'm worried about boosting their MR too much, honestly. Nice catch on the enc 0, and yeah the gem cost was me forgetting to re-add the 0 after I was done testing it.

>Shiln
Yeah, they are effective. If they're too effective I could easily bump the price or so. They're 'rebranded' fir bolgs, one of my fav units

>Outrangers
I completely forgot about that ambidextrous thing, whoops. Now I'm wondering if I should just change em to lances or give them some ambidextrous or what.

>Heretic Chief
He just hates/is-annoyed-with the city people so much he constantly grumbles about them, which makes people wonder if the city-goers aren't so great/brave/amazing after all. Really, I just thought mild animosity generation would be funny. I think with the way Heretic works, 1 doesn't do terribly much but I could be bad.

>For what it's worth
It's worth a lot, seriously. Thanks.
>>
>>128592461
What faggotry is this? I'm going fast Astral Corruption then, just you wait.
>>
>>128592635
>>128592635
You could just not join the small 6 player game if a lack of skeletons offends you.
>>
>>128592818
My first time doing this, how exactly do I claim a spot
>>
>>128593265
>not reading the OP
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551
>>
>>128593265
Send an email to [email protected] with the subject field beingthe game name, in this case "Seriously_No_Skeletons" without quotes. Attach the .2h file from the "newpretenders" save folder of the pretender you want to use, and it's done.
>>
>>128594226
I am, but do I just say what faction I want here or is there a place in the 50th demension
>>
What is the generally-'best' temp scale to have as a national preference for point-gain and strategic benefit?
Like cold 2 you can flip it to cold 3 and be fine most of the time, so it's like 40 "free points"
Is cold 1 as solid for pushing it to 3? Are the heat scales similar?

I think cold is slightly more valued for strategic mobility, arent they?
>>
>>128594354
You just reply to that post with "[nation name] here, joining." or "Signing up as [nation name]", or anything like that.
>>
>>128594354
Just say it here. Quote >>128592461 and say what nation you're joining as.

Some games the admin will want you to post on our steam group, but they'll generally say that and post a link to the game thread.
>>
>>128570010
>how do I skelly spam
D2+ mage scripted to Horde of Skeletons x5. Or pick a nation that can reanimate.

>what is the best build for skelly spam?
You mean nation.
Off the top of my head, C'tis (any age), MA Ermor, Sceleria, Jotunheim, Asphodel, EA/LA Xibalba, EA Machaka, LA Agartha and Lanka. Some of them can reanimate outside of battle, some can spam Horde of Skeletons, some ca do both.
>>
Hey admin, are you here? This weekend I'll be traveling to attend my gramps' birthday , and I cannot guarantee I can take my turns. An extension for the whole weekend would be much appreciated.
>>
>>128592461
Joining as Vanarus
>>
>>128594390
>I think cold is slightly more valued for strategic mobility, arent they?
I think that's because most maps have more rivers than mountain passes.

It'll also depend a bit on your nation, since amphibians can go through rivers and mountain survival allows you to go through mountain passes.
>>
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B7AI19pZwWqBM0UzSkJ4T1lzUVk&usp=sharing
.112 is out now. Next step: Nation modding (with maybe a short detour to make some sites interesting)

>>128570894
That's not really in my sights right now. It's also likely to be entirely compatible, so while I'll leave space for bundling them together, I probably won't directly integrate it, at least not in the foreseeable future. There's no real need to, just as there isn't a real need to integrate worthy heroes.
>>
>>128595362
>No nations with death magic allowed.
>Vanarus
>>
>>128595741
When I looked at em they have two units with death, can't I just ignore it or should I just pick another faction
>>
>>128596056
what part of no nations with death magic did you not understand
>>
>>128596056
It's their cap only mage and their only non-cap non-forest mage. That's not slightly.
>>
>>128595615
If it's going to be extended to cover national PD, compatibility might get a lot harder. Not that it's something that should be done by 1.0 or anything, and there's plenty to do before then.
>>
>>128596719
Not really. It's only an issue if I also fuck with national PD.
>>
>>128596389
then remove me from the roster so I can re-pick
>>128596565
Don't know too much about the factions asides from ermor, nowI see why the other guy is being anal about it
>>
>>128596056
>>128596827
In MA:
Arco
Man
Marignon
Pythium
Ulm
Eriu
T'ien Ch'i
Abysia
Pangaea
Atlantis
and Oceania
are totally without death magic
if the admin is lenient
Bandar Log
Mictlan
and Pelagia
might be allowed

also I'm not the admin
>>
>>128596827
Admin here, remove from the list, and don't worry about the misunderstanding.
>>
>>128597061
Pelagia has death magic? On what?
>>
>>128597262
sent a new one in
>>
>>128598282
they can summon Daktyl which have a 1/5 chance at D1
>>
>>128598282
Daktyl summons.
Mictlan and Bandar Log were only honorable mentions for a similar reason; Mictlan has a 10% chance of Death magic on a rec-anywhere, plus summons with Death magic. Bandar Log has no chance of Death magic, but has summons with Death magic too.
>>
>>128584472
>http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2750&st=45
Would I be banned if I made a new account just to laugh at him? Would that be in poor taste, you think?

It's just... he put so much effort into those posts. Like, literally hundreds of words explaining why he's not having a meltdown, honest.
>>
>>128598282
Yeah I'm going to be fine with that sort of stuff.
>>
>>128599127
>would I be banned
Who cares?
It would be in poor taste but do it anyway.
>>
>>128599127
Do it you Nancy
>>
>>128599127
It'd be in poor taste, yes. Plenty of room to talk shit here.

That said, if you don't have an account there, I'd suggest you make one simply because it's a different sort of playstyle than you get here, and that can be nice sometimes.
>>
>>128592461
May want to look at the game page you already got a skeleton in that thar' closet. Ermor joined
>>
>>128599494
Check again, already booted Ermor.
>>
>>128599552
Are the fringe cases like Pelagia/Bandar Log/Mictlan really banned?
>>
>>128600364
yes and if you want to bitch about it go ahead I dont give a shit
>>
>>128600364
No they're not, I just said.
>>128600438
Fuck you imposter.
>>
>>128599461
How's the meta over there?
>>
>>128600438
>>128600609
Please don't make the real admin use a trip. That's just obnoxious and we don't need that shit.
>>
>>128600609
Fuck you imposter I said it was a "Seriously No Skeletons" game and I damn well meant it.
>>
>>128600858
I'm probably going to have to if >>128600928 keeps up his shit.
>>
I WANNA PLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY1111!!!11
>>
>>128600709
They don't really obsess over a "meta" like they do here (even though there isn't much of one here either). They're more likely to make peace if a war seems to be going nowhere for either player, though. More strong players there than there are here, but it's not a categorical rule. And they go in for testing and careful play more frequently.
>>
>>128595353
I was not here when this was posted. but I am now.
>>
>>128601407
>And they go in for testing and careful play more frequently.
That's true literally everywhere among players that are trying to win. Players that are very experienced no longer need to (I haven't tested anything in a while now) but if a new nation comes out, you can be damn sure I'll be testing it when I actually play it. I've only ever seen the 'testers' meme here and I'm reasonably confident that it's one or two retards rather than a trend.
>>
Poking around in the mod inspector just now, I discovered the [prophetshape] property that, I'm guessing here since I haven't had a chance to check it out in-game, upgrades a unit when you make it your prophet. That sounds like a really cool idea! The upgrades seem to range from palette-swaps (I caught a shiny Lizard King!) to minor statistical bumps, so it's not some huge deal, but it's definitely something I'd like to see on more units.

Unfortunately, it's only on 17 units, mostly Abysia C'tis, Caelum, and Arcoscephale. I don't really have a point, I guess, but I wanted to point out something that I'd never heard referenced before and people might be interested to know about.

Definitely something I'd like to see expanded in mods or something, but that's a topic I don't really know much about.
>>
>>128592461
>ohlmann worthy heroes
Did he fuck up anything? last I heard he fucked with Therodos' heroes a day after their launch
I might join but I gotta know what I'm getting into with 5.4.
>>
>>128601997
>Did he fuck up anything?
>Ohlmann
>>
>>128601992
It's very easy to add prophetshape to things, considering it's actually a mod command and one that adds a feature rather than removing it:
#prophetshape >new unit<

It is interesting to see it, yeah.
>>
>>128601992
Did you know that if you press "y" when you selected a province, you can control formations and orders of units that will move there?
>>
>>128602219
I should read the fucking manual, huh?

Thanks for pointing that out, though. Holy shit.
>>
>>128601997
5.4 is fine. 5.5 is the one that nerfed them. The Therodos heroes did trigger him, but that had more to do with the fact that they were far stronger than existing heroes and effectively raised the standard for what heroes could bring by a large margin by being so powerful.
>>
>>128602289
Did you know that you can set up repeating orders for your mages? You can press "O" for a monthly crafting ritual or "M" for a monthly spell.
>>
>>128602219
>>128602442
>Did you know
We should add something like this to the wiki.
>>
>>128602289
Did you know that you can select all commanders of one type or all commanders that share the same magic paths?
>>
>>128602630
Did you know that Dryad mother gets bonus vineogres?
>>
>>128601761
I'll do it after Abysia does his turn by the way.
>>
>>128602801
No
>>
The unit that can produce the most bonus vine ogres is the Dying Treelord, which has Ivy Lord 4. You can find this and other information by using the inspector at http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/
>>
>>128601997
Well, 5.5 starts nerfing heros, and 5.4 has been used here a fair bit, so I went with 5.4
>>
>>128601761
>>128602950
Thank you admin.
>>
File: white on black violence.png (22KB, 1000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
white on black violence.png
22KB, 1000x1500px
>>128592467
>I completely forgot about that ambidextrous thing, whoops. Now I'm wondering if I should just change em to lances or give them some ambidextrous or what.
>or give them ambidextrous
I know they're elves, but that seems a bit much.
>>
>>128607087
Yeah I didn't think it fit either, it's just a lance now.

Amazing art, though.
>>
>>128607087
give them regular lances so that they get only that charge attack with them and then they can use the falchions as their regular weapon the way that heavy cavalry does.
>>
>>128607283
>>128607338
Oh, you already did. Well, that's how most cavalry work anyways.
>>
>Oceania lost their recruit-anywhere white centaurs
Did the patch improve them in other ways at least?
Their units are still amphibious at the cost of being worse than Pan's units, their weapons are now inferior to normal weapons, and the new mage-priest is worse at magic than Capricorns, less efficient at research than Aphroi Hierophants, and aquatic to boot. It seems that Pelagia and Atlantis got a lore overhaul and a general buff, but all Oceania got was weaker.
>>
>>128609197
They now only have paths changes with landshape, not overall losses.
>>
>>128609459
The +E in exchange for -W for Capricorns, and the +A in exchange for -W for Sirens? They already had that.
>>
>>128609602
Didn't they used to be priced as though they had additional paths?
>>
>>128609803
They might've, but I don't remember their "old" price.
>>
>>128609602
Didn't they also have -1W on the not-mermages for no gain? Or am I getting confused.
>>
>>128609948
That's Pelagia you're thinking about.
>>
Are we Abbott and Costello now
>>
>>128610089
Huh, I thought Oceania had one that did that as well. Oh and did they use to get bonus scales in sea provinces but minus on land? (Order in sea, turmoil in coastal land)
>>
>>128610254
pelagia's on first
>>
>>128610261
They just get Turmoil on the coast now, I think.
>>
why are slings like blue shells?

they're bad if you're ahead
>>
>>128611089
i dont get it
>>
>>128612824
Not him but bludgeoning does 2x damage on head hits
>>
>>128595615
I created a list of nations that either severely overperformed or severely underperformed in each age. I then compiled pretty much all the rebalancing ideas and other proposed changes for those nations, and dumped them into a googledoc to spur discussion. MA has been reviewed pretty extensively (and the ones in size 11-12 font are the changes in which I'm most interested for MA at this point), but nobody has taken a look through EA or LA yet to provide feedback
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-0lPGb5Kwf9uPX0MQAm5WG2dU6tg7RpmNL7osenOce4/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>128617081
No, fuck your stupid shit.
It lists fucking LA Ulm as an underperforming nation because of fucking winrates.
>>
>>128617081
>lel buff everything due to wins
>>
>>128618214
should it base strength off feels then or what
>>
>>128617081
Looking at win ratio or using it as an argument for anything is one of the most idiotic things you can do in Dominions.

I really wish you people would fuck off with your list.
>>
>>128618214
I also specifically say on that page I probably wont change it because people are convinced it is OP whether or not it does well in games. since I'd like my mod to have an audience, I'm not going to buff things that nobody but me thinks is unncessary
>>128618282
What? Its only those nations with 1 or fewer wins that are being targeted.
>>128618356
You don't have to use it.
>>
>>128599127
Jesus fuck AN is a massive faggot
>>
>>128604127
I'm ready for the match and I think, we're filled up
so we get an email when it starts right?
>>
>>128592461
Ah good we got 6 now and the admin turned off autostart so that asshole Ermor player can't sneak in.
>>
>>128618342
No, but using win ratio is retarded because a lot of shit can depend upon diplomacy and maps, which you can't easily quantify.
>>
>>128617081
Update this with SA's community's games.
>>
>>128618342
I don't have to be a fucking genius at this game to know that LA Ulm isn't as trash as EA R'lyeh.
>>
>>128557582
I might be wrong, but isn't the default for most PD 1 unit per point, with up to 3 pop types?

For example if the PD is militia, archers, heavy infantry, the default should be 1 militia, 1 archer and 1 hvy inf per PD point.

This just doubles that.

60 means 6 units per PD point, not 60 units. I don't know if thats OP for stuff like trogs though.

>>128557913
That means 12 units per PD point, not 120.

>>128570005
oh yea definately, i've done it for LA C'tis so that their PD is now city guard/heavy infantry/falchioneers. I just did it mostly for indies because most provinces aren't going to have forts.
>>
>>128629501
Also an example, a PD value of 10 gives you 1 commander + 20/20/20 units for most PD now, and costs 55 gold. They are still super easy to route though, since they appear to be hardcoded into 3 different squads of 20 units each.
>>
>>128629501
>That means 12 units per PD point, not 120.
Yeah but you normally only get like 1 caveman per 3 points.

Which I agree is complete bullshit, but the increases suggested by that guy are over the top across the board IMO.
>>
>>128630080
1 caveman per 3 points, really? that's weird, so if you buy 1 PD, how many cavemen do you get?

Looking at the inspector, cavemen are 23 hp, have no armor and use clubs. How many cavemen do you think would be reasonable compared to a typical armored PD force?
>>
>>128630321
>if you buy 1 PD, how many cavemen do you get?
The first point of PD always gives you a unit. It's only from point 2 that the math starts happening.
>>
>>128630424
so 2 PD still gives you only one caveman total?
>>
>>128630572
Yep.
>>
>>128630572
Yes.

IIRC if you want 2 cavemen, you need 4 PD, then the next at 7, etc.

A couple of other poptypes work that way as well, like Troglodytes and those indie Abyssians.
>>
>>128630717
is there any way to find out what the default values are?
>>
>>128630717
Many poptypes work that way at high values, for an additional unit type, but that's in addition to the basic ones.
>>
>>128620653
No, that is artistry - crafting with vaginal sand as other masters would with oils and watercolours.

And it keeps getting better!
>>
>>128629501
>6 units per PD point
Yes, but that's a lot, even if they're not particularly strong.

10 PD would end up giving 60 units for 55 gold. That's enough troops to shut down most raiding forces, and it adds a big advantage to an earlygame clash.

>I might be wrong, but isn't the default for most PD 1 unit per point, with up to 3 pop types?
>For example if the PD is militia, archers, heavy infantry, the default should be 1 militia, 1 archer and 1 hvy inf per PD point.
Most population types give 2 units per point (until 20PD). After that they usually add one more unit per point.

>>128630321
>How many cavemen do you think would be reasonable compared to a typical armored PD force?
I think 1 per point (at least from 0-20, I think most PD gets more units per point after that) would fit with current PD numbers.
>>
>>128631550
what kind of raiding force are we talking about here? i'm seeing the AI rout 60 units worth of PD pretty easily with 30 units of mostly freespawn undead chaff.
>>
>>128631708
Undead are a special case because of unlimited morale, so low-morale indies will almost always break before them.

It also depends on the matchup. For example Troggies aren't that great for their price, but they can still fuck up human infantry because they all have trample. Cavemen are shit units in general, but against certain other high-value opponents they can do loads of damage because of their retard strength. Abyssian indies are also overpriced as fuck, but high armor and fire aura means they can fuck up many types of chaff pretty hard.

It's not like heavy cav who can be a problem to almost all expansion parties or non-thug raiding parties, but against the right type of unit they can still be much more effective than their stats suggest.
>>
>>128631708
Caelum with a Sastar and some Spire Horn Warriors. (let's say 40, as many as he can carry)

Depending what the PD units are, 60 units could end up beating them for around a tenth the cost. (475 for sastar+warriors, 55 for 10PD)

Even if 60 units can't beat him I'm confident 120 units (20 PD) will, which still only costs around half the price of the raiding party. (475g for raiders, 210g for 20PD)

>30 units of mostly freespawn undead chaff.
Undead fight harder than they should in small conflicts because they ignore morale checks.
>>
>>128592461

Can I just say, I really love this concept? It changes the meta a lot. Personally I don't give a fuck about skeletons, they're annoying, but so is caelum and easily-diplo'd players. But no D magic aka banning a bunch of nations really changes the meta afterwards.

Can we take D on our pretenders?
>>
>>128592461
>>128632540

>go to join
>game is full

Only 6 nations? Ehhhh.
>>
>>128632073
>>128632454
i thought the deal with freespawn undead was that they were supposed to be really weak though? Looking at the stats though, spectral legionnaires are ethereal which basically gives them 4x their listed HP on average vs non-magical attacks (which is basically most units), and that comes out to be way sturdier than the typical soldier.

I think most flying units are massively overpriced purely because they can fly (which is only of help if you are raiding poorly defended provinces). Flying in combat isn't very useful when combat logic is "hurr i will charge into the chaff instead of the undefended mages in the rear".
>>
>>128592461
why not just ban the use of skeletons. skeletons arent even a problem except for free/re-animated ones and horde of skeletons which is OP as fuck for a level 5 spell castable by any D2 mage.
>>
File: 1438970649743.png (347KB, 278x453px) Image search: [Google]
1438970649743.png
347KB, 278x453px
>>128592461
>Seriously_No_Skeletons
>Ermor
>>
>>128632876
>I think most flying units are massively overpriced purely because they can fly
Regardless, a raiding party of 40 units is pretty expensive. It shouldn't be countered by 55 gold of PD.

Making PD that cheap makes it very difficult to capture enemy provinces with anything less than an army or well-geared thug.
>>
>>128571742

You're dumb.

If a mage is wearing a booster it's to cast a spell that it needs boosting to cast. Those spells cost like 5000000 fatigue anyway, so it doesn't matter, but now, your army has fucking fog warriors, so it does matter.

>>128571265
>>128571868

You're dumb.

Anything a maliqui can do, an inca or coya can do, for a lot cheaper. Anything earth or death related a Hurin priest can do for non cap turn cheaper. Pretty much the only thing a maliqui should be doing in battle is Rain of Stones. And even then.. it's a toss up between that and a e1a1 hurin priest wearing boots. Sure, the hurin is slower, less survivable, needs armouring and buffing, but so much cheaper.
>>
File: Pantocrator.jpg (24KB, 433x184px) Image search: [Google]
Pantocrator.jpg
24KB, 433x184px
Guess the game by image. Protip: Seal was broken this turn too.
>>
>>128634859
AY probably?

>tfw I was killed early on
>>
>>128632876

If you know what you're doing with magic, you can cockblock infinite goasts.

Lemuria and Ermor and Aspho are supposed to be balanced around less magic. All freespawn undead and reanimation nations are a bit OP at the moment, though.
>>
>>128634716
That's true, although personally i would deal with that by adjusting the price of flying units. If we make PD super weak, then nobody is going to buy more than 1 point because why bother?

Right now if one of your provinces gets attacked, it basically gets taken over for free because PD can't stop it, you can't put armies everywhere, and a really small shitty army can keep running all over your land taking multiple provinces and stalling you for ages.

There is little to no risk involved because if you attack an enemy army in province A, you will never catch him unless he stays there (which he wont when he is raiding) since their army moves either at or before yours and he will just move to another province.

This is excluding magic phase movement obviously, which requires a spellcasting thug or SC generally.

I will see if i can mspaint a picture to illustrate my point.
>>
>>128634982
>less magic

Uh...how? Those nations have decent magic.
>>
>>128634924
Right on the money! Crazy game. Who said that Pelagia is weak? Tell him that he is a faggot.
>>
>>128635665

That's part of the problem. And Ermor/Lem generally do have less rp than non-doomed nations.

Overall magic got weaker in dom4, and popkill/freespawn nations have relatively stronger magic than in dom3, so. That's why they often win and often get dogpiled.
>>
File: dominions.jpg (597KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dominions.jpg
597KB, 1600x900px
>>128635576
Okay here's an example.

If i move to attack the lemuria army, they can simply move to attack my undefended province on the left. Netgain - 0. Or they could move to attack Pythium's province, or retreat into one of 4 friendly provinces. I can't catch them because all army movement happens at the same time and i don't have access to cloud trapeze or whatever.

Let's say i anticipate that they attack my undefended province on the left, so i move there. The AI seems to cheat because they will always know which province you are going to move into, but let's assume they don't and it's a flat 50% chance whether they attack it or choose a different target. If i guess wrong, then i have wasted a turn and my army does nothing.
>>
>>128636240

1. You don't play against the AI, because you can't read the moves of a mindless piece of shit that cheats and attacks in every direction without purpose or cause.

2. You retake behind this 'randomly moving' army and lay defensive movement traps until eventually it falls into one and dies.

3. Meanwhile, you take THEIR lands with smaller forces and lay siege to their forts, forcing them to come and attack you (and while besieging, you get the first turn).

This is kinda dominions 101. Armysplitting, laying siege to force a battle, retaking, etc. The actual strategy of the game starts after you understand these concepts.
>>
>>128636162
>magic got weaker

How? A 150 gold mage can easily kill 300+ gold worth of troops every battle with no gems or equip, whereas a non-SC melee commander is going to die in one or two spells from a mage even with 50+ gear worth of equip.
>>
>>128636351
So let's say this is a MP game.

Lemuria may or may not attack your provinces this turn. What do you do?
>>
>>128636240
>If i guess wrong, then i have wasted a turn and my army does nothing.
But if you guess right they lose a bunch of troops.

It doesn't matter if you guess wrong once or twice, since they lose a lot more than you when you guess right.
>>
>>128636443

Fighting Lemuria is pretty different to fighting most nations.

1. Consider whether I just want to hold a front at that farmland province because Lemuria lacks raiders and invading them is often a waste of time and my lands are a weird fucking shape that I need to fix before someone rapes me across my long, thin border. So I could just go kill Pyth, and leave some mages and units in that farmland to hold off Lem.

2. If I am invading Lem, leave that army parked/retreat it to the fort, and start forging supply items. Sohei are a useless unit to fight Lem with, because their swords aren't magic and they are expensive - too expensive to use as blockers. The exception to this is f9 or d9 or n9 sohei, but sohei are usually always w9.

3. Check my research. If where i'm at in research will determine if i'm solar brilliancing, star firesing, cleansing watersing, (or my personal favourite) Flaming Arrowsing Lem's goasthordes to death. Start to build the kind of troops, and move up the mage randoms, that will be useful against Lem. h1 priests help, but producing them en-masse on the spur of the moment is not pointful. Maybe make a few of those cheap mm1 h2 guys I get at that closest fort. Obviously don't fight Lem at all unless I have antimagic up. Suicide some scouts into his army/wait for him to hit PD to see what mages he's got in there with what gems. I'm a human nation and will need to spam mages to fight him, so Wind of Death or Rigor or RoS would suck, and I might need to change my research portfolio to deal with those kinds of tactics.

Etc. At no point am I worried about OH NO MAH PROVINCES - you know what retakes from the amount of PD ghosts can afford? 3 samurai and an indie commander. I'm worried about killing off the ghosts, because a 'regular army' won't cut it. Get it, won't cut it, because they are ghosts, you can't cut them.
>>
>>128637482

(cont)

If Lem wants to waste a big army just slowly marching through my lands, sure. I'll retake behind them, and eventually kill them with a big pile of research mages and reinforcements. In the meantime, i'm able to advance into them (at least once I have supply and the right research).

This is something new players tend to complain about a lot. It's because they want to 'hold a firm line' because they are playing against AI. In actual MP, you don't care if you lose a province and then retake it the next turn. You care if your army gets smashed and your lands are now wide open to mass conquering.
>>
ded
>>
Tartarians to the left of me, Tartarians to the right, here I am, in the middle with Life for a Life and Send to Inferno.
>>
still ded
>>
>>128643564

just let it die
>>
LET IT GOOOO
LET IT GOOOO
>>
>>128634859
Hmm, I wonder if this means Pelagia will actually have more gem income than me for once?

Not that it matters, incoming dispel in 5 . . 4 . . 3 . . 2 . . 1
>>
>>128643747
Astral nexus alone guarantees that
>>
>>128643807

Not if people stop expenditures. Which is what you do when AN goes up, unless the nation that put it up is fucked enough that you don't care.
>>
File: 1374397288268.jpg (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1374397288268.jpg
24KB, 300x300px
So this game is 30 yuros? Is there anyone in this thread who has actually bought it?
>>
>>128644264
Literally everyone here bought it on sale for 75% off.
>>
>>128644323
I preordered it at 30% off.
>>
>>128644264
Bought it during a sale.
>>
>>128644264
Bought at 25% off. Three days later it went down at 50%. Still worth it (and keep in mind I'm an inveterate pirate).
>>
>>128644264

The time you're going to sink into it (if you're autistic enough) is going to be worth those 30 EUR. Of course, no one buys it for full price.
>>
Just saying that you don't need to wait for the admin to edit the thread in order to continue the draft. If we do it this is going to last forever.

Just pick your nations in the order the admin said. It's turn for the team 5 to pick
>>
Does seeking arrow hit stealthed dudes?
>>
>>128645829
No. The only remote attack that can get stealth units is mind hunt.
>>
>>128627660
I'd do that, but there isn't a clear record of them (same problem for /domg/). That means people who have played in those games will have to submit them, which they are welcome to do. (post the googleform to SA for convenience).
>>128627904
They're not going to be treated the same in the mod, either. Winrates are a starting point I'm using, they're not the only determining factor.
>>
>>128644264
Bought it at full price. Bought it's predecessor at full price too, which was significantly higher.
>>
>>128644264
Autism and a sense of deep satisfaction with the series has led me into buy it at full price since Dom 3. Thank god the devs ditched Shrapnel though.
>>
File: pelagian3.png (336KB, 797x600px) Image search: [Google]
pelagian3.png
336KB, 797x600px
>>
I've bought like 3 copies of dom3, due to losing keys, and then dom4 twice? And a bunch of copies when it was on sale, for friendos.

Still think their marketing strategy is total shite though. Lower price, better videos, they'd have hundreds of thousands of sales, or even millions. The lore and world would sell it, not the pixelman graphics. Currently it's only known to exist amongst wargamers who buy Tanks of Europe XVIII: Yet More Eastern Front Unit Card Picture Turn Based Simulation The Game.
>>
>>128650820
>Lower price, better videos, they'd have hundreds of thousands of sales, or even millions. The lore and world would sell it, not the pixelman graphics.
I wish that was true, but I think you're underestimating how much importance people place on graphics.
>>
File: 1414177053988.jpg (26KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
1414177053988.jpg
26KB, 300x260px
>>128651682
>how much importance people place on graphics.
>>
File: 1452168271947.png (118KB, 582x475px) Image search: [Google]
1452168271947.png
118KB, 582x475px
>>128650820
>they'd have hundreds of thousands of sales, or even millions
I very much doubt it, maybe ten thousand more sales if they get lucky.
It's a very niche game.
>>
File: meme game.png (1MB, 1858x1080px) Image search: [Google]
meme game.png
1MB, 1858x1080px
I recruited this guy at the start of the game, or somewhere in the first month.

Why is he 55 years old.

it's not even year two.
>>
>>128650820
Pretty sure I read somewhere that expressed J&K are happy with how the series has done so far, especially after moving to Steam and other platforms. As someone mentioned before, Shrapnel Games is an awful publisher and they were better off dropping it.

And honestly, I don't want a Dom that would attract millions to playing it, because you'd probably so unrecognizable that you'd be hard-pressed into calling it Dominions at all.
>>
>>128652252
Age always has some randomness in it, so maybe just a really unlucky roll?

I've never seen that happen before, though.
>>
>>128652397
>Shrapnel Games is an awful publisher
They had some funny Dominions ads though
>>
>>128652252
What, do you think every mage springs forth from their father's head fully formed, educated, and magical?
Caelian Seraphs have a base age of 45, and a max age of 50. There's some randomness to calculate the age when the unit is generated. but magic paths are multipliers for that. The higher the paths, the higher the multiplier. Your Seraphs are all but guaranteed to be oldfags.

For other nations that have a similarly "fun" feature, see any age of Arco or Abysia, and MA Marignon.
>>
>>128652036
Nope.

Thanks to steam we really do know the kinds of shit games people buy. Indie is big, anything unique or with interesting concepts gets buys (hello dominions) and anything with a small vocal minority that like it gets buys.

The cutoff point for those buys is $10 though. Past that, it never reaches the public consciousness unless it's a blockbuster $60 big name advertised game like Fallout or Call of Duty or Total War.
>>
>>128652837
That's not a caelum seraph, but an airya seraph, the inspector claims their base age is 22
>>
>>128652397

Sure, but J&K think in terms of grognard Tanks of Europe style games (they were publishing at freakin' Shrapnel) rather than what they actually have their hands on, which is applicable to a less grognard audience.

Also they don't want to make money from the game, and their stated goal is 'make a game that is fun for them to play'. So i'm not really sure how happy they are with it matters much, except as regards dominions 5. Which eh? I don't particularly care about because i'm sure it will be dom4 with a few changed elements, same as dom3->dom4.

I mean, they aren't ever going to do it, because simplistic beliefs about how sales and marketing work means they think people buying a game is binary - either they will or they won't, when in reality it depends on a lot of factors, a major one of which is price. So it's gonna be $30 or $40 or whatever forever. But the audience for 'different, interesting, amazingly rich lore - Rock Paper Shotgun' indie games is super fucking high. Wouldn't get undertale level sales because it doesn't appeal to red pill tweens, but all the people who downloaded mods for civ would definitely purchase it, and others. I've showed it to mainstream gamer friends of mine and they have liked it/recommended it to others, a few even purchased at that price point. People who play mostly mainstream stuff like fallout or skyrim or minecraft, or vermintide or whatever. Not strategy gamer grognards.
>>
>>128653336

they have fucktons of magic paths

each path costs them years

base age doesn't take into account magic paths
>>
>>128652887
I remain very sceptical, the huge learning curve combined with the ancient graphics would turn nearly anyone off.
If I remember correctly it wasn't until EU3(which looked somewhat decent) that paradox map painting games became popular.
>it never reaches the public consciousness
It doesn't need to reach public consciousness, it need to reach the consciousness of people who'd be autistic enough to play this kind of game.
Maybe if illwinter tried advertising using popular autismgame youtubers like Arumba or Quill18 or something.
>>
>>128653336
>>128653606
I checked in game, airya seraphs actually have a base age of 45.
>>
>>128653689

EU is more obtuse than dominions. It's less cute. The lore is less engrossing. It's 'historical realism', a genre that has been up it's own ass forever (and which dominions, despite being associated with (Shrap!) is not actually a part of). And EU3 is honestly uglier.

I would not expect any of the people I showed dominions to to react anywhere near as positively to EU. I don't even play EU, not autistic enough.

Dominions has awful UI, weird learning curve etc but half the problem with the game is that the people playing it are autists coming from EU/ck/whatever because of the nature of the current community/where the game was initially sold/how it's been portrayed. It's not actually an autists-only game in the same way a lot of others are. It pays out not in historical realism/history-fan handjobs but in interesting writing, lore and emergent scenarios. That shit, as the current indie market shows, regular gamers will actually put up with shit UI in order to get more of.
>>
>>128653606
That's good to know
>>
File: 1447780236099.png (178KB, 436x512px) Image search: [Google]
1447780236099.png
178KB, 436x512px
So, uh, the email service I was using for Llamaserver got it's shit shut down by the kraut police. I'm gonna need a few email changes.

Please change these nations' email to [email protected]

2Scrubs1Tub: T'ien Ch'i
CastleDoctrine: T'ien Ch'i
MasterOfMoM: T'ien Ch'i
NewYearsNails: Shinuyama
Stalewarriors: T'ien Ch'i
TornVale: R'lyeh
>>
>>128656870
>TornVale: R'lyeh
Whehehehehe.
>>
>>128656870
Tell us more about this shutdown, please?

>4 TC games
>>
>>128656870
Fucking Chinaboo.
>>
>>128655491
>It's not actually an autists-only game in the same way a lot of others are
I disagree, EU and CK2 have far less of a learning curve than that of Dominions.
>regular gamers will actually put up with shit UI in order to get more of.
Maybe, but what they will certainly not put up with is the amount of time it takes to actually learn the game.
>>
>>128643747
>>128634859
>>128643956
I-I'm not strong, I swear! It's not my fault no one else wants to cast globals ;_;
cast lots of rituals pls
>>
>>128657135

The guys who actually bought the game certainly seemed to pick it up a lot quicker than the autists complaining in the thread/desura. Didn't tell them shit. I think this game may just be appealing to autists, but super hard for them to learn.
>>
File: 1448752724124.jpg (40KB, 640x334px) Image search: [Google]
1448752724124.jpg
40KB, 640x334px
>>128656981
cock.li had one of its two HDD seized by the Germans for reasons unknown last month. It was still up and running because it was in RAID 1, but they just took the second HDD so shit's fucked.

First HDD seized:
https://my.mixtape.moe/kchcwy.mp4
Second HDD seized:
https://u.pomf.is/imrkjv.webm

>>128656994
I really like TC.
>>
Yeah EU4 is very easy to learn and CK2 isn't /as/ easy as EU4 because it has some extra dynastic management stuff and whatnot, but it's not super complicated.

Plus the game tends to show you a lot of info in the game, and doesn't stuff shit into manuals.

Doms4 has tons of shit everywhere that interacts in possibly unexpected ways. Can you mash armies and cast battle magic relatively easily? Sure, but that is barebones stuff, really.
>>
>>128657487
He looks like a pedo manchild.

I bet they took his harddrives because of CP.
>>
>>128657428
Maybe you should try playing a steam game once in while.
>>
>>128657581
It may or may not be related that LA school shutdown last month, as the person that sent in the bomb threats used cock.li
>>
>>128657508

Yeah, but only autists sit there sweating buckets over 'omg but what will happen'. Ordinary people just do stuff that seems like it will work. Dom4 is intuitive to people like that. And completely unintuitive to people trying to play it from the history-sim meta. People who had the most trouble with it were the ones who had previously played EU, actually. Like, they don't play it now, and the regular gamers do.

>>128657618

If you mean /v/anheim, then uh, I play games there already. Also on dom3mods and desura. I like to mix it up.

If you're implying that 'lol you're a noob so you think noobs are gud', then no. I've been playing since dom3, and i'm definitely not bad at the game. Can tell if someone is doing badly or good at the game.
>>
>>128656870
Stalewarriors admin is staling since new year so he is either a giant faggot or was murdered during christmas.

Either way you should consider writing to llama about your trable.
>>
>>128658408
>history-sim meta
>EU
The only "meta" EU has is to ally with a strong nation and bully your weaker nations until you're large enough to paint most of the world your colour.

>If you're implying that 'lol you're a noob so you think noobs are gud'
No, I was saying that you should try joining a game on the dom4 community hub forums once, If you think that regular gamers have an easier time picking up the game you are severely mistaken.
>>
>>128659840

It shares a bunch of strategic and tactical and UI and design and reward structure elements with other games in the same vein, most of which are less successful and less well known. That's a 'meta', also sometimes referred to as 'genre', although genre isn't really the correct word.

>>128659840

I used to post advice on the steam dom4 forums (the community hub is either desura or dom4mods, bud), and I don't think many of those people were 'regular gamers'. Most of them had EU and shit on their profiles. And also I think anyone actually using the steam forums has some kind of problem, the people in those threads literally cannot learn.

I think basically if you end up at the steam forums rather than desura, you're too stupid to find the desura forums despite them being linked as the major forums for the game (at least until desura ded) in the steam forums, and therefore the stupidity is inherent rather than 'because they are regular gamers' (which again, most of them aren't).
>>
>>128657487
Were you per chance the TC in All Yesterdays too? Just curious.
>>
Oh shit, Dragon's Dogma just got released on Steam.

Don't wait up for me boyos, I'll be staling like a motherfucker.
>>
Going to change the turn timers to 48 hours, since the game is nearing turn 40, and there was already a bit of confusion about it leading to Kailasa stalling.

The turns will still be short if everyone turns in though ofc.
>>
>>128657363
You're one of the 5 most powerful nations in the game, for sure, probably in the top 3.

It's just the gap between #1 and everyone else is . . . well, Monkfish said he'd be posting the score graphs once the seal was broken, so everyone will see then.
>>
>>128657363
You dispelled my global immediately you piece of shit!
>>
File: le monkey face.png (3MB, 1858x1080px) Image search: [Google]
le monkey face.png
3MB, 1858x1080px
Are bandar log's troops regarded as animals?
>>
>>128663537
Yes.
>>
>>128663537
Yes. Machaka's troops too.
>>
>>128662558
Well, uh, I kind of dispelled eyes of god with my nexus. Sorry.
>>128662913
Hey man, the only global I intentionally dispelled was Pan's mother oak. I'll give you half refunds on your rituals until nexus goes down if you want.
>>
>>128664002
He should still have the score graphs from last turn.

Does Nexus add to score graphs? The gem income on that is a bit weird, not sure how it works.
>>
>>128662913
>>128657363
yeah, you tanked my mother oak too
nature gems are my favey man
>>
>>128664171

claim you cast a bunch of shit you didn't

profit
>>
>>128664275
Man, Pan put up mother oak first, I ain't do shit to you. Not my fault you didn't overcast over me hard enough.
>>
>>128664002
Who the fuck else would have the S and inclination to dispell mine rather than the fuck tonne of rituals you had? Unless it's Squids, god damn it, why is underwater such a shit shoot?
>>
>>128657487

NOT SO FAST MATE, CONFIRMATION QUESTION: WHATS THE CAP RING PROVINCE OF YOURS I TOOK NAMED?
>>
>>128657487
Shit, Cock.li was still up? I was one of the first people who joined then subsequently completely forgot about the whole thing after a day.

Can I have some confirmation that you're shinuyama so that I know this isn't an ebin trole?
>>
>>128664787
I didn't even see a global come up from you, but I haven't been paying a whole lot of attention lately. Probably just got overwritten.
>>
>>128665156
Nope, dispelled the turn afterwards.
>>
>>128664787
I get the feeling that an All Underwater Alliance was only a little more hopeful than an All Europe Alliance.

I'll be done with my All Asia Alliance soon though, filled with people I can reliably count upon.
>>
>>128665268
Was that why you complained to me? I just figured you didn't like me going for more and more globals. What was it?
>>
>>128664514
true, but it's tough overcasting an overcast
>>
>>128661958
Yep.

>>128664817
>>128664954
I'll post some screenshots when I get home.
>>
Does MA xibalba have stealthy preachers? I'm trying to domkill this asshole but he's hanging on
>>
>>128665346
They're all bastards.
>>128665482
Forge
>>
>>128667678
Alright, I do remember that then, just forgot about it because it fell off the global list. I didn't do shit though, was saving all my pearls for nexus.
>>
>>128660302
Desura stopped sending out confirmation e-mails months ago, so it's impossible for people to post there if they didn't have accounts already.
>>
File: NYN.jpg (260KB, 1589x903px) Image search: [Google]
NYN.jpg
260KB, 1589x903px
Ulm, the province in my cap ring was Zocs. You also just took Worshin.

And here's a screenshot from NYN.
>>
>>128669190
Okay, changed it.
>>
Also, anyone know where Moe, Curly, and Larry went off to?
>>
>>128669190

OK changed. Need an extension too?
>>
>>128669327
Thanks.

>>128669670
Nah, I already sent in my turn.
>>
ded
>>
File: 1450081244989.png (106KB, 648x1761px) Image search: [Google]
1450081244989.png
106KB, 648x1761px
>>128672650
I gotcha senpai
>>
is it possible to make rituals require a certain season in order to be cast?
>>
do tartarians get damaged by creature with lifedrain attack?
>>
>>128675175
That sounds really interesting. But no clue.

I guess to ghetto it you could make it fire an event which triggers a different event depending on the season? Eg a 'nothing happened you idiot' event in every season but winter.
>>
>>128675503

>tsundere rituals
>'nothing happened, you big idiot'
>'it's not like I wanted to summon creatures for you, i-idiot'
>>
>>128676972
I didn't know that I needed this in my games but now I know that I do.
>>
>>128676972
I guess you could do that, giving one of the weaboo personalities to each ritual.
>>
One spot left, and I keep having to boot out whoever is joining as Ermor.
>>
scoregraphs, as of the seal breaking and pelagia dispelling my eyes of god with his nexus.

http://imgur.com/a/vEmKb

btw, send me pearls and I'll dispel the nexus.
>>
>>128680194
Wow, having not got a D mage till like three turns ago (or more one that didn't immediately die), I'm surprised at my research.

Also, fuck you for dispelling forge.
>>
File: 1441644524620.jpg (96KB, 568x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1441644524620.jpg
96KB, 568x1000px
Ooga booga, where the sidhe/nemedian/partholonian/tuatha/vanir/chud women at?
>>
>>128680990
Having sex with lizards who not only have bigger dicks than humans, they're also more attractive due to being 85% homosexual.
>>
File: 1356677.gif (763KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1356677.gif
763KB, 500x275px
>around 1h in the game
>surrounded by other gods
>time to go to war instead of attacking neutrals
>attack the weak neighbor
>on the same turn the stronger neighbor attacks me from other side
>god is trapped alone while he was searching a site
>gets killed
I was totally not prepared for this. Did the AI do this intentionally or was this just really bad luck?
>>
>>128681649
Lizards also have two dicks, which I imagine would be more impressive. Not sure why being "85% homosexual" would make them more attractive.
On another note, why are you bring up humans when the subject matter is elves?
>>
>>128683579
The AI calculates your strength based on some weird things and the number of units (and amount of PD) you have. So if you lost a bunch of units in a fight that might be why. Or it could have just been coincideince.
>>
>>128683579
Bad luck.
>>
>>128680194
Alternatively, send me a list of your cast rituals / item forging and I'll give you the proceeds as long as nexus doesn't go down.

I mean, look at them graphs, I ain't even a threat.
>>
>>128680194
I've been saving pearls for dispelling nexus. why would I waste them on forge?

My astral income is terrible, I have mainly water and earth.
>>
>>128684067
>>128684164
I'm a suspicious man, okay? And I presumed whoever did it had a reason and it was after I killed Ermor's only way of dispelling it.
>>
>>128683610
Because elf women canonically prefer human males for breeding and lizard males for fun. Elf males prefer lizard males over elf females.
>>
>>128684608
>canon
Citation needed.
>>
>>128685240
>Implying it's not canon that humans nearly completely exterminate elves simply by outbreeding them
>Implying it's not canon lizards are literally the best in bed barring perhaps something from Pangaea
>Implying lizards harems aren't comprised of willing fukkgurls that need thick doubledick to make it through the day
>>
>>128685740
Clearly these are incontrovertible facts that aren't enlarging my scaly boner.

Please, tell us more.
>>
Hey Atlantis, are you here? As a punishment for thinking you could defeat me with infantry chaff, you are not getting any land province near my kingdom.

But I'm not interested in attacking you underwater, so you are safe for now if you stay there.
>>
>>128686383
C'tissians have the longest tongues out of all of the humanoid races. The skinny split-end type. Woman absolutely love it, and C'tissian prostitutes of either gender are the most popular kind in the world because of this very trait.
>>
>>128686934
*Women
>>
>>128685740
The first part is true, but is saying that human/human > elf/elf. No crossbreeding is mentioned or even implied.
The second bit is not mentioned in the lore at all.
Third bit is obviously furry wank.

It's fine to say that all that is true, since it's a fantasy game played by fantasy nerds, but you shouldn't call it canon without canonical references.
>>
>>128686383
>furries
OUT!
>>
>>128687462
>>
>>128686383
>scaly boner.
You should see a doctor for that.
>>
ded
>>
>>128687865
Pan was right, ya'll niggas need jesus.
>>
File: pan was right.png (8KB, 419x249px) Image search: [Google]
pan was right.png
8KB, 419x249px
>>128687865
>>
Le pan was rite forced mememe is the new forest bob
>>
Man, looking at Ur, he was pretty big. 3rd place in quite a few charts . . .

I hunger.
>>
www.reddit.com
>>
>>128693180
nice
>>
File: niefel vs yomi.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
niefel vs yomi.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
#Niefellivesmatter

Also all ya niggas that invaded me I'm open to negotiations if you want peace now that Im free to fuck you up.
>>
>>128697210
nice shikis, bless build?
>>
>>128697347

Eh N9B4E4A4 bless, not very heavy. Shikomes are just good when buffed with strength of giants. Plus it was a heat province since he intercepted my army moving to attack him.
>>
>>128690512
nah. Forester Bob stuff was accompanied by original art, whereas StalePan and the few people that are repeating it have no similar talent. Pan's posts were literally tumblr undershit. Give it some time and it'll go away until someone wishes for armageddon while he's still around to repost his meme.
>>
>>128698113
Don't kid yourself - it's all wank.
>>
>>128697768
I'm surprised they did so well. They're basically just sacred revelers with magic weapons - okay nevermind, I can see how that's strong.
>>
>>128697768

If by peace you mean province snipe, then sure. That said, telling giants to fuck off is much different than beating the giants.

That said, unless Vanheim attacked you too, its just you and the giants. Agartha is in a panicked withdraw (it won't matter), and I'm busy eating free worm food.
>>
>>128698262
Of course it is, but people are liable to repost entertaining pictures and there isn't a whole lot of original dominions related art. That's where Forester Bob stuff gets its longevity, and Pan's posting was literally unrelated stuff from tumblr and cobbled together screenshots that no one else will bother saving. That's why I think it will go away sooner or later
>>
>>128684067
well, until you get alt9 at least. don't expect anyone to be ok with you having a wish engine online.

besides, don't feel so weak. you're way ahead on research compared to a good 20 nations, me included. you also have 4 gemgens up; that definately makes for a lot. considering how many players are still in the game, you're gonna get a ton of free pearls from nexus.
>>
>>128686565
thats pretty much what I expected.
>>
>>128700015
mate you best not be aiming to collect all these astral pearls and 'dispel' my astral nexus with a nexus of your own

I'm on to you, bub.
>>
>>128698505
>not knowing Forester Bob caught on because of the ass anguish of some faggots.
OH buddy get ready for Pan to be right.
>>
You know who I miss?
Todger.
>>
>>128704927
I don't miss any of them
>>
>>128650820
>and then dom4 twice?
y
>>
Does this game have memes?
>>
>>128705716
yes XD
>>
File: image.png (126KB, 626x509px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126KB, 626x509px
24 hour delay on CliffsOfDivinity and memegamesiii please. This turn or next. I'm gone for the weekend.
>>
>>128705830
Excellent.
>>
>>128705716
>>128705830
>>128706692
50 TURN RESENDS
PAN WAS RIGHT
FORRESTER BOB
>colluding
your nation counters mine

I know all these memes
>>
>>128664787
Will Iron Walls prevent a castle from being stormed the turn it's cast?
>>
>>128707735
Didn't mean to reply, whoops.
>>
>>128707735
No, once there is the storm order, you can't stop it.
>>
File: 2561213217.png (2MB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
2561213217.png
2MB, 1600x1064px
Pan was right.
>>
>>128708921
All I've been doing since AC got put up is summoning another vampire lord, sending them to blood hunt more territories to death, and then submitting my turn.

I've come to the conclusion that Pan might have been right.
>>
ULM WAS RIGHT
>>
>>128705982
I'll do it after I take my turn.
Anyone willing to set manhuawhatever AI for me? He started staling in earnest finally, and is a faggot who did not go AI himself.
>>
>>128709158
this is Kailasa, right?
>>
>>128710026
Birds.
>>
>>128705982
Is that a Queen of Thunder?
Where'd you find that?
>>
>>128710194
Conjuration 8
>>
>>128710506
Wh-who drew it though
>>
>tfw no gemgen
muh EBDW
>>
>>128710645
Someone in the thread a few months ago.
>>
>>128710141
B-but i thought you were already into blood before AC.
>>
>>128710948
I was deep into blood, just not heavily invested into it. Mostly just had it laying around for item purposes while I worked towards complete magical diversity and the spells to accompany it.

In hindsight, I should have invested more in a blood economy.
>>
>>128710948
My bloodhunters were mostly wiped out in the purge unfortunately. I've finally gotten some Vamps though, so there's that.
>>
>>128711305
Same here. The earthquake taking out mages didn't help either.
>>
File: mother hydra.png (194KB, 1007x950px) Image search: [Google]
mother hydra.png
194KB, 1007x950px
>>128710194
>>128710707
Dude also drew this, I think.
>>
>>128701542
I wish I could, but I'm nowhere near ench9.
>>
>>128709907
p-pls respond.
I promise I set people ai all the time.
>>
Is bless MA pythium worth? their sacreds are cheap and nature 9 would be pretty good on big angel summons
>>
File: 2016-01-15_00001.jpg (249KB, 1217x863px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-15_00001.jpg
249KB, 1217x863px
Is there a way to take the seed from a random map and use that map in a new game? I rolled a map with severely fucked up province adjacency and want to fight my friend on it.
>>
>>128718167
host the map somewhere then have them download the map.
>>
>>128718140
n9 pythium is standard, sacred comslaves + angels make it worthwhile, their sacreds do not.
>>
>>128718686
what about B9N9? after playing mictlan i literally can't play N9 without B9.
>>
>>128719576
"no"
>>
>>128719576
way too high opportunity cost, you can't actually expand with their sacreds and angels takes a while to show up AND they don't really want a B9
>>
>>128718167
The map file will be inside the save folder.

Just grab that, put it in your map folder, and give a copy to your friend.
>>
>>128719727
>>128719890
o-oh

okay guys, thanks a lot
>>
ermor has overtaken us
>>
ded?
>>
>>128727519
well he's about to.
Mainly because I'm so fucking board with the way this game is going, I'm going AI if no one subs for me before the next turn.

And before Ermor in the game says anything, no that last battle didn't break all my forces. I could probably hold out a stalling campaign for at least another 20 turns, but I'll admit I'd probably lose in the end, and I'm just not interested in running that game out.

So watch out folks, ermor is breaking out of the cage I've been keeping him in.
>>
>>128719576
What on earth is B9 going to do for you as Pythium? Do you even know why it's at all feasible as mictlan, or did you take it just because?
>>
>>128728650
as mictlan B9 gets all your sacred into murder machines who bust through armor and take down giants, and just as importantly provides protection for your sacred swarms from evo spammers, as the BV will trigger often enough to pop the caster unless they plan to counter it (which is doable, but it means they have to add another layer to their strategy).

The N9 is to give the jaguars even bigger HP stats, but personally I'm not a fan. Scales or an offensive boost is better.
>>
>>128729476
>What on earth is B9 going to do for you as Pythium?
>Well, as mictlan ...
reading comprehension plz
>>
File: luck is for faggots.jpg (33KB, 308x341px) Image search: [Google]
luck is for faggots.jpg
33KB, 308x341px
please buff abysia
>>
>>128729647
I did fuck up the reading compreshension.
but it was on the first part of the second sentence i fucked up, Somehow read "Do you" as "I don't".
yeah, pythium makes no sense. They're sacreds can't be massed, and str of their hits isn't they're problem.
>>
File: bob.jpg (389KB, 750x757px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
389KB, 750x757px
>>128729784
>>
>>128729784
LA is fine imho.
MA need a boost to their non-cap mages. some combination of increased path diversity, a decent labrat, or cost reduction. I think they are close to doable, just need slight push.
EA all of MA's problems, but worse and replaces blood and horror power with better sacreds, which isn't a good trade in my eyes.

Also, having heat/cold scales give points based on distance form prefered level rather than distance form center really fucked them.
>>
>>128729784
>>128730169
Why are you posting MA Eriu's hero?
>>
>>128730436
He just can't get enough of his gae bulges
>>
File: sins.jpg (73KB, 1000x625px) Image search: [Google]
sins.jpg
73KB, 1000x625px
Dominions reminds me heavily of Sins of a Solar Empire for some reason.
>>
File: luck_is_for_faggots.png (119KB, 334x196px) Image search: [Google]
luck_is_for_faggots.png
119KB, 334x196px
>>
>>128730313
The problem with abysia, especially EA, is that their theme is basically firemans. Adding a bunch of blood or adding magic diversity screws with that.

Giving them cheaper stuff (specifically, dragons and salamanders) is probably the best solution. It's not a huge buff, but it's the most thematic.
>>
>>128730436
epic maymays
>>
>>128730645
EA is about magma, no? Giving them more earth wouldn't take too much away from that.
>>
>>128730645
Price cut for the fireman chassis would help a lot, since it's just a stats buff. But yeah, more E magic would be good or just buff fire magic to be less garbage
>>
>>128730645
for diversity I only think a touch of earth. They are Lavamen as much as they are firemen, so F2E1 doesn't really fuck with that too much.

But a F1 option that's actually cost efficient for research, plus 10-20% cost reduction on dragons and salamanders would also do. The cap only mages for MA are fine.
>>
>>128730606
Expansion is sorta similar with having to fight indies?
>>
also let them summon magma childs. They're Rhuax's favorites after all Rhuax said he loved them best, not the stupid ugly worms in their caves.
>>
File: 1428293671778.png (260KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1428293671778.png
260KB, 1600x1200px
Anyone has the Sad Agarthan pic?
>>
The fact of the matter is Abysia, the nation with all fire gem income, has 0 unique or valuable things to do with their fire gems.

This is an issue that NEEDS to be fixed. Currently Agartha, Vanarus, and EA TC, along with a few others, use fire gems MUCH better than Abysia ever will.
>>
>>128730606
I don't see it, but I was a fighter player so what do I know
>>
>>128730169
What does Lancer have to do with bob?
>>
>>128731398
see
>>128730757
>>
File: 1398567001673.jpg (25KB, 399x388px) Image search: [Google]
1398567001673.jpg
25KB, 399x388px
>>128731289
>>
File: 1433351263289.png (87KB, 713x572px) Image search: [Google]
1433351263289.png
87KB, 713x572px
>>128731468
Thanks
>>
>>128731356
that would be cool, but wouldn't do much to solve MA and EA abyssia's problems unless they were the best summons in the game.

Having magma children and other national spells with fire gems would be cool, but that needs to be added to the cost, research, and or diversity solutions.
>>
>>128732515

Does making Magma Children Sacred count as the best summons in the game?
>>
If an immortal mage who has cast a global dies in battle in my dominion, will he lose the global even if he is resurrected?
>>
>>128732809
no.
>>
>>128732515
Really all EA Abysia needs is magma children and earth paths.
>>
>>128732897
last time I tested it, he kept the global.

they don't count as 'dying' in their dominion. wishing them dead doesn't even work.
>>
>>128733136
>and earth paths
hey look that diversity problem I mentioned.
>>
>>128731013
They already get E1 on their cap only. Expanding the 0.1 random to a larger size wouldn't be unreasonable, I think. For reference, here are the various changes I've seen suggested across mods, etc.
Too slow and expensive. Decrease cost, maybe give anathements some decent earth access.
-scorpion man conj 6; unit-> Commander;10->12 gems; body slot added
(dunno about this last part - should also change pretender then)
+Demonbred, misbred get demon tag
-Anathemant Dragon - +0,5FESB
%0.1E random
.1 ESDB
%Anathement salamander .5E randoms
.1 ESDD
Annointed of Rhuax -1F; +100% FEAB (note: A is meant to provide access to breath of desert)
add caverecruit salamanders (FE)
Anathemant basilisks F1E1H1 +.1FE (version for la too)
Significant cost decreases for mages
Significant oldage reductions. Death scales are not supposed to be a severe problem for Abysia
Demonbred can lead misbred (demontag)
Can summon magma children
>>
>>128734027
I would rather have the EA Anathemant Salamanders and Dragons be like the LA ones but with Earth instead of Death.
>>
File: Muuch Muuch.png (97KB, 385x525px) Image search: [Google]
Muuch Muuch.png
97KB, 385x525px
>>
File: Ermor posters.jpg (478KB, 1170x780px) Image search: [Google]
Ermor posters.jpg
478KB, 1170x780px
>>
File: 1452357173785.png (153KB, 600x409px) Image search: [Google]
1452357173785.png
153KB, 600x409px
It's snowing, /domg/
>>
>all these clustered farm provinces in Flatus
>playing sloth nation heavily tilted towards gold
>I can build palisades
I love how retarded this map is
>>
>>128742971
>thinks the terrain clusters is the retarded part of the map.
it's dumb, but compared to the other clusterfuckery on that map, barely worthy of notice.
>>
Are there any good 3000+ province maps for longer games?
>>
>>128745482
What's wrong with you
>>
>>128745482
>>128746472
maybe we can make a map spreadsheet and use that?
>>
>>128745482
I would actually not mind joining a 29-30 player game on a balanced map with 320-380 provinces.
>>
Daily reminder to take your turns.
Being autistic is not my fault, I was born like this. However it's your fault if you are a procrastinator.

If you work or whatever on contrary you are excused. Have a nice day at work, anon
>>
>>128697768

>heat province
>niefelheim

He dun fucked up
>>
>>128706952

2000 ghosts in a fort
erf snek pls go
no cat nation/no dog nation
illfraud
checking on ermor
rain of stones
ulm toppest nation
pantokrator lyf
>blessrushing
domg dogpile
ulm staling
>>
I really really wish Illfraud took some time to rebalance all the useless shit and make it at least marginally useful, 90% of the spells, items, and units are shit.

inb4 "b-but they are useful in this one case that may happen once in 1000 hours of playing!"

By that logic there are no shit/underpowered/useless units in any games, you can always find that one extremely specific case where it actually is kinda useful. Doesn't make them any less underpowered.
>>
>>128753164
The game is dead and they will never patch it again.
Thanks for money, sucker.
>>
>>128680194
I'm assuming I'm one of the red ones? Are the colors always the same?
>>
>>128753164
What do you mean by useful?

Plenty of 'useless' spells have things which they do very well, but you seem unhappy with that.
>>
>>128753164
>90% of the spells, items, and units are shit
No they're not.

Part of them are useless since they're direct downgrades of something else, but most of them at least fit a certain niche. Like items or spells that are worse but require different/lower paths or less research, units that are worse but require less resources so they can be mass-produced in a pinch, etc.
>>
>>128755320

I'm not that guy, but a good half of all stuff shouldn't see use ever, and others are very situational. Like Falling Frost is just very rarely a good use of your time, and how many other water spells (numbness) have such limited use that they should be deployed only against very specific things like thugs or super elite sacreds or whatever? And that's like, spells people use. Fire Flies. Wild Hunt. Rejuvenate. Blood Boil. Earth Might. Summon Crocodiles.

Axe of Sharpness. Rod of Flame Bolt. Magical Pike. Doom Glaive. Enchanted Shield. Burning Pearl. Even rings of resistances are super niche.
>>
>>128756172
Not everything needs to be great all the time, or even half the time. Some items are extremely niche, but still have viable uses. As long as there is a reason to use it, it's not a bad item. The same goes for spells.

I do agree that weapons are probably the worst off though. A bunch of the magic weapons are bad because there's simply no reason to ever use them. Yeah a magic weapon is still better than a regular one, but you're not going to spend the gems to forge it unless it's either a brand, a weapons for a specific opponent (for example Dusk Dagger), or you're using it for other purposes than being a weapon (for example Thistle Mace).

You could argue that "useless" items still see some use though random events, but even that varies. A Summer Sword is normally too shit to bother forging, but it's still nice to get from an event because it gives supplies. If you get an Axe of Sharpness from an event you'll most likely end up slapping it on some random commander and forgetting entirely about it.
>>
>Weapons now rust underwater
>realize that half of my soldiers have rusted weapons
>as a underwater nation
FUCKING EPIC
ABSOLUTELY ALIVE GAME
>>
>>128756172
>Even rings of resistances are super niche.
I must object to that. You don't always need them, but being able to trade a misc slot for good resistance to a specific element can be very useful, especially for chassis which aren't humanoid.

It doesn't hurt that they're cheap and easy to forge too.
>>
ded
>>
>>128754754
>>128755320
>Plenty of 'useless' spells have things which they do very well
>muh niche

The things they do well are the things that will happen once every 100-200 hours of gameplay, and even then they aren't much better than many others, not to mention you probably won't have them anyway since they are so fucking limited you won't be making/researching/building them.

I bought into the whole "muh niche" bullshit for the first few hundred hours but really it's just shit balancing. There's a point where it stops being niche and it's just fucking useless unless the planets align, and half of the stuff in the game is like this.

inb4 it's meant to be shit by design

No it isn't, it's just that Illfraud doesn't want to put down the effort of balancing all the shit in this game. It's funny you faggots defend this yet all play with Worthy Heroes, guess heroes are exempt from the whole niche thing then?
>>
>>128756828
makes me laugh every time
>>
>>128760020
>Illfraud
>First few hundred hours
>>
>>128760020
Your constant hyperbole doesn't help your argument.

Nobody is saying the balance is great, but just whining about how everything is shit because you don't get to use it enough is retarded.
>>
>>128760020
Use the crone mod my friend.
>>
So how much damage does Vafur flames do? I can't seem to find anything. Is it like fire cloud?
>>
>>128742971
Xibalba has 20 large farm provinces with no indies.
>>
>>128709732
Which Ulm? Fashionably_Late Ulm?
>>
>>128709732
ULM HAS LEFT
>>
File: anime girl at desk a bit unsure.jpg (62KB, 590x400px) Image search: [Google]
anime girl at desk a bit unsure.jpg
62KB, 590x400px
>Tfw no cat nation
>Tfw no dog nation
>Tfw no bug nation
>Tfw no angel nation
>Tfw no devil nation
>Tfw no evil snowman nation
>Tfw no good iceman nation
>Tfw no Australian nation
>Tfw no nation of horses rising up against their riders
>Tfw no nation of fukkbois
>Tfw no nation of werewolves

>Nation of bats
>Nation of frogs
>Nation of vampires
>Nation of undertale
>>
File: 1286363435065.jpg (18KB, 365x289px) Image search: [Google]
1286363435065.jpg
18KB, 365x289px
>>128764136
>>
>>128709732
Ulm doesn't really have an opinion because he's a stalling cunt.
>>
File: anime.png (816KB, 849x659px) Image search: [Google]
anime.png
816KB, 849x659px
>Implying you can kill anime
>>
thread is ermor
>>
>>128767101
you anon you are the ermors
>>
>>128767135
no this anon is the ermor
>>128765556
>>
>>128760020
>Doesn't want to put down the effort
It's not that they "don't put in the effort." The game is clearly a labor of love that has had an immense amount of effort go into it. Anybody who says otherwise is delusional.

The issue is that they're simply shit at balance, and they wound up with a beta-test group that is pretty bad at balance too. Most of the recent balance changes have occurred in response to major balance mods or clear-cut cases presented to them by more balance-minded community members.
>>
File: Untitled.png (12KB, 325x205px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12KB, 325x205px
What is the point of this spell? Why is it conj 5?
>>
>>128768852

Fatigue damage that can only be reduced by armor, its an anti SC spell. Cast 10 times by shitty D1 mages and laugh at sleeping SCs.
>>
>>128768852
What are your D1's casting that is more helpful than dropping as much as 75 fatigue on an enemy thug?

Ghost grip is actually one of the better available options for D1 mages. You should have picked a better example for your argument.
>>
>>128769146
What argument? I just saw that spell in the inspector and wanted to know what its uses were.
>>
>>128769383
Ah, sorry. I thought this was a reference to the previousfew posts, which were whether niche spells were valid in terms of balancing.
>>
>>128760926
>Illfraud
>Not Shillwinter

I've been bamboozled.
>>
File: 2016-01-16_00001.jpg (150KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16_00001.jpg
150KB, 1920x1080px
I will be sending some gems your way.
>>
>>128770941

Jesus fucking christ, you thought this other guy was me
>your hyperbole
and now you're harassing random people asking questions? The entire thread isn't out to get you, niche spells guy.
>>
File: Untitled.png (25KB, 640x186px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
25KB, 640x186px
Was CoE4 LITERALLY made as a tribute to FLATUS?
>>
>>128772025
>>128769383
>>128769146
>more than one minute between posts

Epic as usual, bob.
>>
File: Untitled.png (87KB, 892x951px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
87KB, 892x951px
>>128772198
baka desu senpai
>>
>>128772498
>replying to memes
>>
>>128768852
It can completely wreck SCs.
>>
>>128772095
Dom4 also has different planes, you just can't play on them. There are even ways to send units to other planes, but all it does is trigger some random battles. CoE4 just expanded on the concept by making it possible to actually play on them.
>>
>>128772025
>harassment
>Attributing an argument to the wrong poster
>harassment
Go back to tumblr.
>>
>>128771898
Yeah no sorry that's off, Ermor made me a good offer in exchange for peace so I won't be taking any action against him in the foreseeable future.
>>
>>128772879
Being someone you're not is fun.
>>
>>128772879
But that burden of time will effect all of us man
>>
Deader than grandma
>>
>>128777670
My grandma literally died today, so this is hilariously true
>>
I wish there were cheap forging options that made, like, ten weapons or armors in one go, to make it practical to equip to generic troops with better stuff.

I wish troops had ANY kind of scaling, to be honest. Only the magic gets stronger.
>>
>>128772879
>>128773984

That's Ermor, pretending to be me. Screenshot incoming.

Ermor-bashing is 100% operational.
>>
>>128764136
>Tfw no angel nation
>Tfw no devil nation
Marignon, Abysia, and Caelum.
>>
>>128778209
Magic paths in the commanders affect the troops the lead (1 protection/defense/ attack per X magic levels)
Good ldea or not?
>>
>>128779921
bad idea. some paths would be worthless, some could stack to stupid
>>
>>128778209
you can't equip troops with forged stuff at all, so you'd need to solve that first.

I think someone is making a mod with magic item wielding troops for each nation.
>>
>>128778209
I'm told this is moddable by eventmodding, but it is well beyond me. If somebody wants to make a proof of concept mod, I'd be very interested.

I suspect you'd do it by creating an item called, for example, "blacksteel gear" (10 gems, const 6. Equiping a commander with it triggers an event which deletes the item and spawns one each of (cursed versions?) Blacksteel armor, Blacsteel helmet, Blacksteel Shield, and Axe of Sharpness.
>>
>>128779765
Caelum is just birds.
>>
>>128781326
EA has recruitable angel commanders.
After that,they are summoned
And summonable angels are a thing is multiple nations.
>>
>>128781326
Kailasa has angels.
Caelum also had angelesque beings (fravashi and their lower tier S summons)
>>
>>128779765
Angels are ingame summons for marignon and pythium at the very least. Devils are also summons for a number of nations.

Ashdod, Gath, Hinnom for old-testament angels
Kailasa, Caelum, Ragha have religious analogues.
>>
>>128781193
Ritual that requires construct 2, 4 or 6

costs x gems

activates an event

spawns y items
>>
>>128783532
Can this actually be done
(and the advantage of inserting an item into the start of the process is it allows for forging bonuses)
>>
>>128783967
You can have events trigger 100% of the time depending on conditions, but I'm not sure if there's events based on having items equipped on commanders
>>
File: 124235123245.jpg (172KB, 696x1160px) Image search: [Google]
124235123245.jpg
172KB, 696x1160px
I know this is a meme game, and we're the only three players that are left, but still, come on, son.

What's your Steam? I want to add you so we could potentially have no-stale no AI games.
>>
>>128778662
Got your back bro, coming from the north.
>>
>>128784539
Just give the item a ritual spell (like soulstone of the wolves), will take a commander turn though.
>>
File: 08089.png (287KB, 1127x794px) Image search: [Google]
08089.png
287KB, 1127x794px
New Game Released Yesterday
JOIN and apply for the /v/ Empire

We're taking OVER

Link Here:
www.avabur
.com/?ref
=1011
>>
>>128787692
This ain't /v/ son, are you lost?
>>
>>128787270

Turns out i'm too lazy for screenshot. But yeah, it looks like he's pulling back to the cap. I'll lay it siege, unless someone else thinks they can do it better.
>>
File: 2016-01-16_00003.jpg (309KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16_00003.jpg
309KB, 1920x1080px
>>128788331
This is what he has.
>>
>>128790817
A real muuch player! CUUUUUTE
>>
>>128788331
Sure, if you need to switch just say, I'll make enough gurus to feed a sieging army of monkies in the mean time.
>>128790817
So, not a lot. Thanks frogbats.
>>
>>128790817
Bro crop that shit out next time.
>posting your pretender and income
>>
>>128790817
thats a really bad pretender design.
>>
>>128790817
As >>128794542 said, crop that stuff out, selecting an unknown province half the world away helps. Interesting pretender, would like an explanation of it after the game finishes.
>>
>>128790817
Uh, bats? Did you make a god specifically to cast Astral Corruption? Because that's kinda what it looks like.
>>
>>128795051
I made it to cast Stellar focus and cross breeding.
>>
>>128795309
uuuuuuh
Why?
>>
>>128795381
So I can get astral pearls that can be used for just about anything and cross breeding for a army for mages
>>
>>128795381
Because he doesn't want you to gang up on him before astral corruption, and that's a lie you might believe.
>>
>>128795309
>Cross breeding
>No luck scales

YOU LIE

POWER RANGERS ASSEMBLE
>>
>>128797254
Luck would of put me in prison and since I already have better luck due to being a freak lord I just picked dormant
>>
>>128797254
Actually, I think he might just be new. He isn't running Sloth/Order and he really doesn't need water on his pretender given his national access. The fact that Luck has an impact on crossbreeding isn't something that everyone can be expected to know unless they look into crossbreeding specifically
>>
>>128797478
I'm sorry all I'm hearing is PLEASE GANGBANG MY BAT CLOACA UNTIL IT'S BROKEN AND BLOODY
>>
>>128797478
It stacks, dude. If you're already planning on using crossbreeding from before the game even starts, you take Luck 3 every time.
>>
>>128797684
Bats have normal anuses, actually. Frogs have cloaca, though.
>>
>>128797984
It doesn't matter what the hole is called, it's getting dicks in it nonstop for days on end.
>>
>>128798159
Muuch are for cuddling, not raping.
>>
>>128798258
If Muuch were for cuddling, they wouln't be such huge sluts walking around naked begging for dick all the time.
>>
>>128798464
Muuch aren't even naked, though.
>>
>>128798860
They are underneath their clothes.
>>
>>128778209
Ohlmann has made a mod that does literally this.
>>
I play on large maps with 9 other factions but find myself encircled by other factions in 5 turns. So I just stick to premade maps instead?
>>
>>128799512
Link? I have no idea where it is.
>>
>>128786065

... the fuck happened there? Infinite PD? Or some Enchantresses with silly paths?
>>
>>128806120
The ususal: Wind of Death + Rain of Stones.
>>
So asking again because I could really use them, does anyone have any Blood Slaves they're able to trade?
>>
>>128807595
Given my domkill and lack of native blood.

Yes

Two.
>>
>In 26 games
>Why did I do this to myself?
>>
>>128814103
There's a legend that if you're staling in too many games the methhead will come and stab you.

Watch yourself, anon.
>>
tranquility is dead.

turns out neither god vessels nor legions are a match for 3 aboleths and a mind lord underwater.
>>
>>128815394
Well another one is on Skopelos having a Mama Mia experience by summoning undead.
No clue about the thrid.
>>
>>128803529
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/expanded-industry-make-trinket-en-masse
>>
Is there any reason I shouldn't give all my stuff to Tien Chi (in the interests of fucking Xibalba) and go AI?
>>
>>128816646
Tc isn't attacking Bats. As far as I've seen anyways.
>>
>>128818445
Then you haven't seen as far as I have. He has a big army that took the throne province at 1187 and now it's making its way into the bat backcountry. He's also under siege at 698 and 851.
>>
Looks like Kailasa might be on the way out and in need of being set AI
>>
Is there any way to bring back turbocommunions with modding? Like, say we take that auto-communion thing that Pythium has. Then we put it on a mage we want to turbocommunion. Then we do the same thing but with communion master instead of slave (if that's not possible then we mod that mage to cast Communion Master automatically the way Telkhines cast Foul Vapors)

Would that render the mage capable of receiving the buffs like communion slaves while remaining capable of casting?
>>
>>128822446
No. Communion Slave turns off spellcasting. Other effects like Communion Master don't turn it back on.
>>
>>128822446
Turbocommunions work fine. Those are communions with many masters and few slaves, with the slaves built to recovery fatigue/hp rapidly. Common variations are using Skratti as fatigue batteries, using soulvortexed slaves in the middle of chaff, or using reinvigoration. (Bogarus can support massive thunderstriking on the backs of 4 slaves with one occultist casting reinvigoration).

You're thinking of reverse communions.

Anyways, if you're interested in finding out, mod theurg communicants to have paths, and then mod up a spell that summons a theurg communicant as a commander. Then try it out.
>>
>>128824145
It doesn't work. The communicant effect is just communion slave.
>>
>>128825210
Well, can you figure out how to make other noncommander units selfbuff like communicants?
>>
>>128821446
I'll set kailasa AI if you'll set manhuattlan AI
>>
File: 1417801802343.jpg (23KB, 315x324px) Image search: [Google]
1417801802343.jpg
23KB, 315x324px
>Everyone is fighting everyone else except me
Okay, I guess.
>>
File: 1378254212397.jpg (243KB, 535x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1378254212397.jpg
243KB, 535x1000px
>>128828845
now is the time to start stalling
>>
Did you work on your map today?
>>
>>128828845
They figure it will be easier to fight you when you're stalling.
>>
>>128829558
Yes, and it will be GOOD this time.
>>
>>128829558
Better question: What did you add to the wiki today?
>>
>>128828845
why not go fight elves? they just instacapped most of ashdod, and are slowly finishing what the third Reich started.

hmmm, I suppose that means you'd rather help elves than fight elves, huh?
>>
>>128830798
Well, to be fair, elves attacked Ashdod because Ashdod attacked Nazca.
>>
MY Dominions waifu is better than YOUR dominions waifu

Get fucking REKT you nerds
>>
File: monster_6437.png (9KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
monster_6437.png
9KB, 128x128px
>>128832854
Best girl coming through
>>
>>128823469
>>128824145
If that won't work, what about removing the masters?

I just read the manual and it says that when all communion masters leave the field the communion is broken but the slaves take a bunch of fatigue (3d50).

I tested this ingame, and while that's true, the slaves keep any and all buffs they get while a slave. Notably, they don't get the buffs and effects of spells with an AoE larger than "caster".

I also just took a look at the modding manual. My understanding is that, hypothetically, one could copy Soothing Song (since I couldn't find a fatigue-removal effect in the manual, and I'm not sure that negative stun damage would work), set the damage (fatigue removal) very high, give it a duration like Sleep Cloud, make the range very short (so the caster will have no choice but to center it on the communion slaves), and then put a nextspell in that is, in effect, an AoE 1, range 0 Returning.

This will allow the masters to vanish so the slaves can cast, and the slaves to recuperate in time to cast.

Is there any reason it wouldn't work?
>>
>>128833301
The slaves are also paralyzed for a bit.
>>
I want to start an MA game tonight. Anyone know of some really good yet underplayed maps? The Song of Ice and Fire one looked cool, but I don't expect to get enough players for it.
>>
>>128833985
I wasn't aware Dominions *had* good maps, just maps that were shitty in different ways.

If you want a laugh though, get 7 people to join a game on Dinosaur land, It'll be fun.
>>
>>128833301
It'd require extensive modding for no other reason than to bypass a mechanism illwinter inserted specifically to prevent this method.

Hell, why not cut out the fatigue shenanigans and just make communion slave +50 re-invigoration? It'll have the same effect with 1/10th the modding.
>>
>>128833023
What is that
>>
>>128834993
my waifu
>>
File: scabiel.png (34KB, 315x536px) Image search: [Google]
scabiel.png
34KB, 315x536px
>>128834993
that guys waifu
>>
>>128834642
It returns, to some degree, a strategic option that previously was unavailable to communion nations.
It makes the game more fun.
>why not...just make communion slave +50 re-invigoration
1: I don't think you can mod reinvigoration
2: It would stay with the slaves the whole battle and keep them casting forever, whereas what I suggested only stays for 2-3 turns, long enough to get them back to fatigue 100 at least
3: It would just buff communions (because every slave regens 50 fatigue a turn), not enable reverse communions
>>
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Masters_Of_Memes

Join, cock-copters. The one recommendation is that you name your prophet some kind of stupid meme shit.
>>
>>128836016
Oh boy, another everyone-gangs-up-on-Ermor game!
>>
>>128836291
You're saying that because its the same map as NoWeaboos?
>>
>>128836617
probably because it's MA
>>
>>128836291
the game maker picked MA agartha. I don't think its ermor getting the dick first that game.
>>
>>128836617
I'm saying that because that's every MA game.
>>
Is mass wither bones casting actually a viable way to deal with large ermorian armies?
>>
File: 2016-01-17_00001.jpg (361KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17_00001.jpg
361KB, 1920x1080px
>current state of Hinnom

I'll be dispelling astral corruption after this turn, assuming my demilich doesn't go feebleminded for a few turns. I got all the gems necessary and more.
That one stale has delayed me for a bit, sorry folks.

>>128816646
You can give everything to me. I've got a master plan cooking.

Also going ai is for pussies though.
>>
>>128837471
No, they're too big. It's a good way of smashing elites, but endgame ermorian armies have 2000 chaff. Wither bones kills like 18 per cast.
>>
>>128837471
RoS or earthquake will usually be better.

Wither bones isn't very efficient against longdead (requires high paths to cast, costs a lot of fatigue so mages get few casts), but it's great against stronger undead like Lictors. Priests would be better for dealing with Ermor's chaff if you can't use some form of battlefield clear.
>>
>>128838106
I don't want to give it to you. But if you're dispelling astral corruption, maybe I'll hang on a moment longer.
>>
MODS ARE ASLEEP

POST YOU'RE PRETENDERFUS
>>
File: 2016-01-17_00002.jpg (366KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17_00002.jpg
366KB, 1920x1080px
Arco was that your last commander? (also a prophet)
>>
File: monster_0754.png (10KB, 128x128px) Image search: [Google]
monster_0754.png
10KB, 128x128px
>>128839184
>>
Huli Jing are good girls and not sluts so they do not have seduction.
>>
File: Capture.png (395KB, 620x451px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
395KB, 620x451px
LA Agartha - thoughts?
>>
>>128842717
Its great
>>
>>128840980
They have charm
>>
>>128842972
Thanks. There aren't really any good guides for LA Agartha so I just whipped up something similar to what I would do with MA, although this time with productivity included.
>>
>>128843954
Amuys wrote a guide.
>>
>>128842717
Needs more death. Tanking your order scales is retarded and your reanimators make free resources.
>>
>>128844062
Amuys is not very good.
>>
>>128844259
Is he?
>>
>>128844259
And neither is this guide:

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/late-age-agartha-histories-of-innovation-and-undeath

Seriously. There are maybe 500 words of meaningful insight. This is being generous, and including things like "many of your national summons are in conjurgation" as an insight.
>>
>>128844259
Amuys is fucking awful.
>>
>>128844120
Why do I need more death?
>>
>>128844793
Why?
>>
>>128844835
Look at your summons.
>>
>>128844991
This is an actual quote from his guide, I shit you not:

"Conjurgation:
Most of your strong national summons are here."
>>
>>128845074
How is that wrong?
>>
>>128845016
I understand, but my Ktonians can already summon everything I need.
>>
>>128845226
High death brings a bunch of different rituals without expensive boosters, plus tomb wights scale with high death.
>>
>>128845374
For a second I thought you were talking about the scales, and I was gonna have to slap you.

Then I realized you meant the path, and we were cool.
>>
>>128845374
Noted. Next time I'll probably drop the production scales for some death.
>>
All right, let me phrase it a different way -
Amuys has never won a game as LA Agartha.
>>
>>128845568
or just take a D9 demilich.
>>
>>128842717
>Turmoil/Production
Unless you really need those resources to expand, don't take so much production and get some more order instead.

You should probably also take points from luck or temp scales until you're at order 3.

>E9
I don't like it. Blindfighters aren't good for LA Agartha (or at all), and your best mages (reanimators, alchemists) are not sacred.

>dom8
You're unlikely to be recruiting blindfighters at 8/turn (if you even recruit them at all; I'd advise against it) and a lower dominion score should be sufficient to keep dominion on your lands

You can probably keep that level of dominion, since it's fairly cheap for the chassis (49 points more than dom6), but consider dropping a point if it'll get you scales.
>>
>>128845589
I won a game with MA Mari since everyone went AI
>>
>>128845779
If your not going AI had to do with you being in a somewhat dominant position, you should include it in the results at the top to give people the mistaken impression that one can win with Marignon in a real game.
>>
>>128845589
>muh wins
Go away sum1won
>>
File: 2016-01-16_00004.jpg (291KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-16_00004.jpg
291KB, 1920x1080px
Update for anyone who gives a shit
>>
>>128845648
Really? I specifically took E9 for the blindfighters because of their 10 encumbrance. Also, a horde of 26 prot humans with nearly elf-like stats seems like a good way to defend my crossbows - which I plan to make the majority of my army.
>>
>>128845997
I want an update on your cute Muuch =)
>>
>>128845589
>>128845980
That's not me.
>>
>>128846060
They're cheap, but the problem is exactly that: they're humans with just slightly better stats.
>>
>>128846060
Blindfighters are actually fine units when they're in combat, but they are magic creatures which need magic leadership. Your cap only mages can bring 15-25 of them and your alchemists can bring 15-20 with a morale penalty. The only way to move reasonable numbers of them is with summons or wasting a fort turn on a blind lord which means paying 140 gold for what's effectively just a regular commander.
>>
>>128846203
So are there better and affordable ways to defend my crossbows?
>>
>>128846060
If you just want a meat wall, regular infantry and zeds work fine.
>>
>>128846060
They're pretty good. The guide itself is not great, but the comments have some good content on the role of blindfighters.
>>
>>128846360
Iron Corpses are pretty cheap for being unbreakable dudes with high natural protection.
>>
>>128846360
There are certainly other ways. Blindfighters are top notch at not dying, but they're comparably expensive in terms of both real cost and opportunity cost.
>>
While we're talking about LA Agartha - Are the heavy crossbows really worth their cost? Or should I just amass light crossbowmen?
>>
>>128847148
Amass light in most cases.

The exception is when you know you're walking into RoS and you can armor enough mages to go in with them.
>>
>>128846060
>I specifically took E9 for the blindfighters because of their 10 encumbrance.
E9 is the best bless for them, but taking a bless for them is an awful decision because they're humans with 10 encumbrance. Even with E9 they will tire out and die fast (6 fatigue per turn with E9)

>Also, a horde of 26 prot humans with nearly elf-like stats seems like a good way to defend my crossbows
A far better way to defend your crossbows is a massive wall of skeletons from your D2 mages. Your national summons are also a decent choice, or some non-sacred infantry.

Blindfighters may be somewhat tougher than the other choices, but they're far more expensive even before you factor in the cost of the E9 bless you're taking.

>elf-like stats
Elves have glamour+stealth, can actually move to places within a reasonable amount of time, and don't have 10 encumbrance. A group of elves will massacre your blindfighters in melee.

>26 protection
E9 major bless doesn't stack completely with armor. You'll end up with 2-3 extra protection, not 5.
>>
>>128846060
There are basically three things you should consider with your pretender:
Bless (note that your bless is also nice for Tomb Oracles and 3/5 of your mages.)
Scaling Shardwight Caster
Scaling Iron Corpse Caster

You can combine these more or less, but they don't have perfect synergy. An earth bless is basically necessary for blindfighters to stay upright for a decent amount of time. You can take E9D2 on your Pillar for decent scales which turn into massive amounts of iron corpses if you feel like combining them, but that's the best synergy you're really going to get.
>>
>>128847228
Fair points. I'll consider them the next time I make a pretender for LA Agartha.
>>
>>128847530
I have magic and luck scales, so I could empower my pillar to D1 and give him a booster.
>>
>>128847771
What D booster? He can't hold a staff or wear a hat.
>>
>>128847771
Pillar doesn't have arms or a head?
>>
>>128847771
A misc death booster? Frankly, it'll probably be easier to just empower twice. I guess it depends on whether you think 56 points are worth more than 80 death gems (assuming you want 70 iron corpses for 15 gems per cast).
>>
>>128847964
>>128848002
you're right, nevermind.
>>
>>128847964
>>128848002
>>128848071
Three options:
Ring of ***
Black book of secrets
Copper arm+Sceptre of dark regency

Checkmate.
>>
>>128848169
So an item you can't make or an artifact. Got it.

Also we need a new thread and I don't have a good picture for it on my phone.
>>
>>128848265
Don't be absurd.
It's not simply an item you can't make or an artifact.

It's an item you can't make or two artifacts you can't make.
>>
>>128848265
>or an artifact
You can't make the artifacts either. Agartha doesn't get D2B2 or D6.
>>
does anybody have the old ctis/caelum diplomacy screenshot?
>>
>>128848619
>>128848619
>>128848619
>>
>>128847530
>Scaling Shardwight Caster
Not worth the money, absolutely. Shardwights don't even have the exceptional statline and undead troops are pretty easy to counter in general.
Thread posts: 757
Thread images: 76

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.