[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/esog/ ~ Elder Scrolls Online General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 16

File: elder-scrolls-online.jpg (2MB, 2120x1192px) Image search: [Google]
elder-scrolls-online.jpg
2MB, 2120x1192px
So anyone pick this game up recently? What's the consensus?
>>
its a good game, play it on pc
>>
>>128340490
What's the endgame look like?
>>
>>128340924
its decent like a 7.5/10, its best for pvp tho
>>
Doing my part in keeping this general alive.
From tesg with love.
>>
Stay afloat you!
>>
File: snowy.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snowy.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>128340369
I play this a lot, though I've only just started a second character, and only to reroll class.
>>
Anyone has exploits?
>>
>>128340369
http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/01/12/eso--the-year-ahead

Anything in particular you are looking forward to?

PC players don't care, but text chat on console platforms is a godsend.
>>
>>128345987

The things I was looking forward to are in the list of things they're no longer doing so I guess not.
>>
>>128340369
It was fun for a while. I think I'm suffering from some kind of syndrome because I can't find a mmo to hold my interest any longer than a week.

Alot of people were disappointed because it wasn't Skyrim the MMO. It was never supposed to be. It is what it is, and the end game PvP is pretty decent I hear. It's a step up from GW2 in terms of mechanics.
>>
Ded.
>>
File: suspicious.jpg (157KB, 1136x488px) Image search: [Google]
suspicious.jpg
157KB, 1136x488px
delicious and suspicious
>>
File: eso 2015-12-25 19-26-38-48.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
eso 2015-12-25 19-26-38-48.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>128360978
Not like these bananas.
>>
File: near the city of chorrol.jpg (666KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
near the city of chorrol.jpg
666KB, 1920x1080px
For a Templar healer build, with basically no DPS (a.k.a. I'm a masochist when it comes to solo'ing content) is Magelight/Inner Light worth a slot on each bar for the critical bonus? From the info I've found online, the Restoring Light abilities can all get "critical" heals, but not many of the Resto staff ones can.

Also, any opinions on Purge vs Cleansing Ritual? Cleansing Ritual obviously does more, but in tense, laggy PvP situations Purge doesn't require the target(s) to activate it individually.
>>
>>128340369
Any tips for a beginner?
>>
Anyone plays on ps4? How is it? Thinking of buying it just to have a comfy couch mmo to play when im not busy
>>
>>128372420
Don't spam heals in town, if you accidentally heal a player fighting guards you get a sizeable bounty yourself.

I spent some time on the run back when I couldn't afford paying off bounties.
>>
>>128373020
I play on PS4, mainly EU server with friends. I think it's great.
>>
>>128340369
disappointing game, wish there was ganking and world pvp outside of Cyrodiil
>>
File: bump.png (290KB, 396x554px) Image search: [Google]
bump.png
290KB, 396x554px
>>
so is this game worth $30
>>
>>128383663
yes
>>
>>128340924
the end game is pretty terrible. nobody does the raids, they're called trials.

the small 4 man dungeons are cool the first time you do them. some are pretty challenging.

there's a solo dungeon that's definitely a challenge.

the real end game is the mass pvp but it's on life support at the moment because of horrible lag issues since the game released that have only gotten worse even though the population has died.

>spellcrafting cancelled
>world pvp cancelled

Hopefully this means they are working on getting arenas and battleground in ASAP because that's really all this game has going for it once you get bored of leveling is the pvp.
>>
>>128393145
Well fuck this game then

Any mmos on ps4 with open world pvp? Im probably asking for too much but you never know.
Ffxiv is shit
>>
File: pvp1.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pvp1.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
bump
>>
File: 172325main_pia09188-516.jpg (48KB, 516x449px) Image search: [Google]
172325main_pia09188-516.jpg
48KB, 516x449px
I just bought this game for the PS4.

Am I able to play with everyone or just PS4 people? Did I make a mistake in not buying it for the PC?

Is there endgame PvE raiding?

What class should I roll. I played a warlock in wow from van to end of wrath.
>>
>>128402769

Also my favorite thing to do was to solo bosses that hadn't been done before/really hard on my warlock.

I hear this game has a decent solo pve endgame. Whats that like?
>>
Is there a way I can play Battlefront off its CD while I'm installing the update for ESO on my ps4?
>>
>>128402769
Just PS4 people, PC (including Mac) have their own servers as does Xbox One.

It's only a mistake if you specifically wanted to play with PC people. PS4 is populated. Basically what you don't get is UI addons/scripts or in-game text chat (the latter of which was recently confirmed to be coming).

>>128403987
afaik you can just let the update download + install in the background and play any game. Games requiring internet connections might derp if it's downloading a lot of data quickly.
>>
>>128403987
I'd just install it in rest mode while sleeping.
>>
>>128340369
If you're in it for the lore then stay away from the Altmer main Quest
They make you protect the Aldmeri Queen from an Organization that Criticizes the choice to ally with Elseweyr and Valenwood.
Everyone calls those people racists as if it was the weirdest thing for an Altmer to think of himself as better than pelt nigger or one of those smelly bestial """elves""" from the woods.
Also Skooma is like heroin, even for Khajiit. Just stay away from the Aldmeri dominion in general if you don't want to get angry about lore.

Morrowind is fine so far, haven't played as anything else yet.
>>
>>128412739
also this is what they turned Hermaeus Mora into
>even the skulls are laughing
>>
File: funnybone.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
funnybone.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>128412739
>Everyone calls those people racists
Like Skyrim, they imply racism but barely show it. In terms of NPCs the Altmer can seem way too friendly towards the Khajiit and Bosmer, but I believe the general excuse is that these people live on Auridon, the most worldly of the Summerset Isles, and "back home" Ayrenn probably has more trouble pushing her agenda.

>Also Skooma is like heroin, even for Khajiit
I don't remember them contradicting that. Unless you mean when they refer to Moon Sugar, which isn't the same as refined Skooma for Khajiit at least.
>>
File: cats.jpg (96KB, 500x361px) Image search: [Google]
cats.jpg
96KB, 500x361px
bump
>>
>>128412106
>>
anyone on the yurop megaserver?
>>
Looking forward to the thieves guild DLC, new zone , new trials, and current trial rewards will be scaled now, plus removal of the veteran rank system
>>
>>128429167
>removal of the veteran rank system
what for? aren't those 16 additional levels you can climb?
>>
File: 67UGGfO.jpg (386KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
67UGGfO.jpg
386KB, 1920x1080px
>>128340369
I haven't played for a while but I'll give my thoughts on the game.

I got it the last time it was on sale and thought price-wise it was worth it just to play through the content solo. Quests were generally a step up from skyrim but that's not saying much. I appreciated them all being voice acted though. There's definitely something to be said about part of the experience being to playing your character through each faction's quests rather than rushing to endgame, but it also makes making a 2nd character tedious.

The big raids and 4-mans didn't interest me very much. I got the feeling that people did dailies to get endgame items, but I personally didn't find the quests particularly fun in of themselves to do (except for the first time). Also I believe the big raids in Craglorn don't give top-tier items anymore so no one does them.

I had a lot of fun playing around with pvp, the stealth and siege mechanics were new to me. I participated in one insane fight between all three factions, with at least 70 players on each side, and that sold the pvp for me.

So overall, worth it for $30. Didn't buy imperial city or orsinium DLCs. I'll probably play it again when the thieves guild and dark brotherhood dlcs come out.
>>
I'm paying to anyone who finds me an working exploit or programs for hacking, post here and I will contact, paying with PP.
>>
>>128438647
the ToS say that eso is allowed to monitor all your programs for "hacking tools" so it's likely they actually do that. cheat engine will probably do the trick, though you might get banned, but hey it's your money
>>
>>128444754
>>
On paper the huge open world WvWvW area should be really cool, but in practice it mostly felt like shit. I can remember some cool moments like holding bridges with AoE spam but I think largely it suffered the same problem GW2's WvWvW suffered, namely that it just feels like a glorified battleground.

The beauty of open world PvP is that it comes from nowhere and is unexpected. When you funnel people into keep zergs that just leaves the other 90% of Cyrodiil empty. And since it's pretty much just a PvP zone you don't have the PvE playesr running around to create spontaneous pvp
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (2).png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (2).png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>An elder scrolls online general is up

Since fucking when??? Every time I've tried to get a community going we don't have enough people to sustain it.

I'm glad you fuckers are here though. Just started a new nightblade build on EP. Following one of deltias builds
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.