[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/civ4x/ - Civilisation & 4X Strategy General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 13

File: i wanttodie.jpg (365KB, 1274x932px) Image search: [Google]
i wanttodie.jpg
365KB, 1274x932px
RTS welcome edition/ded edition.

>Endless Legend User Manual
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467

>Endless Legend wikis
http://endless-legend.wikia.com/wiki/Endless_Legend_Wiki
http://endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Free Civ
https://play.freeciv.org

>/civ4xg/ Steam group
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/civ4xg

>Civilization V CIVILOPEDIA Online:
http://www.dndjunkie.com/civilopedia/
>A couple other Civ resources:
http://www.civfanatics.com/
http://civilization.wikia.com/wiki/Civilization_Games_Wiki

>Civilization V Analyst, with all the specifics of mechanics you'll ever need
http://well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html

>Civilization V Roulette
http://www.dropshock0.com/civ/

>Civilization V Drafter
http://georgeskleres.com/civ5/

>CivFanatics' Strategy and Tips forum, good guides and information.
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=391 -

>Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot, lets you play Civ V's hot seat mode like an e-mail game
http://www.multiplayerrobot.com

>Civ V Modding Wiki
http://modiki.civfanatics.com/index.php/Main_Page

>Civ V Mod databases
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse?appid=8930 (requires legit version)
http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=393 (does not)

>SMAC & SMAX official short stories
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri
>>
>>127851246
>>127838271
This general is rightful clay of /gsg/ and has been annexed.
>>
File: 2016-01-08_00015.jpg (446KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08_00015.jpg
446KB, 1920x1080px
This is what I managed to slay during 1 battle with my biggest baller marine army. Notice how I lost almost no health. <3 Fighting in a bottleneck with marines.
>>
>>127852304

Really? We promise we won't be a cock this time, for the first day anyway.

I just want a thread to stay alive!
>>
File: useful_natives.png (721KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
useful_natives.png
721KB, 1360x768px
wew
>>
http://www.poal.me/6j2ch7
>>
>>127855707
How did you get Civ 4 to work. supposedly the recent windows update breaks the game and every time you try to run it it says login with admin privelleges.
>>
>>127858035
don't use winjews 10
>>
>>127858195
im not its a security update for all windows OS
>>
>>127858506
it's running fine for me on windows 8
why didn't you disable updates anyways, it's the botnet after all
>>
>>127858612
im also on 8, but im weary to disable the update as it will supposedly put my computer at risk
>>
>>127858750
there's some discussions on civfanatics that might help you

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=561155
>>
>>127858937
thanks, but Ive already seen that. It seems all you can do is run some command line text or disable the update.

A bit shit of them not to release a patch
>>
I'm producing 48 adamantian per turn during winter holy shit holy resource is a hell of a drug
>>
>>127851246
how do i play a game like OP except multiplayer

i just want a huge ass map with small amount of players with a standard pace

the only mod i've used is the CPP and i haven't been able to find anything that works with it online
>>
File: 1409640076603.png (484KB, 676x478px) Image search: [Google]
1409640076603.png
484KB, 676x478px
Random civ always sticks me with Montezuma so I have embraced it. I am Monty.
>>
Can I have multiple Cultures in C2C?
>>
>>127851246
Merely passing through the area.
>>
Would anybody here happen to have the illustration for how weapons pierce armor in Aurora 4x?
It's not on the wiki anymore. At least I can't see it.
Also if you happen to know please please MSpaint it for 100000 hours and do humanity a deed.
>>
why is it so impossible to not get scientific victory in civ5? zerg rush conquest victory being pretty much the only exception

no matter what you do, you need a lot of science and production and pretty soon boom, you have shit tonne of excess production and research done and you notice you'll just win faster if you start building the ss parts, even if you were gearing towards some other victory from the start
>>
File: 1338064103515.jpg (360KB, 1162x850px) Image search: [Google]
1338064103515.jpg
360KB, 1162x850px
>think about starting Venice game
>remember that choosing civs is boring and pussy shit
>go random instead
>it's Venice

O Y V EY
Y

V
E
Y
>>
>>127869806
was just about to ask this question too

Sometimes I feel that domination victory is just the only one I should play with.
>>
So I just bought Endless legend complete on the sale, enjoying it so far and just getting used to everything, is it worth playing MP and if so would anyone like to play?
>>
>>127875463
there was a guy last night and the night before i think trying to setup some multiplayer games to breathe life into the thread. he might still showup, but i think he only had one or two takers
>>
Thinking of playing Fall from Heaven after what feels like 6 years, any advice so I don't get my ass handed to me while playing?
>>
>>127876705
You playing regular FfH2 or what? I only played modmods pretty soon after discovering FfH2.
>>
>>127876942
Thinking just regular or Wildmana.
>>
>>127851246
>that fucking missionary
"You guys better don't cross the line, or I might get mad and things will become unpleasant"
>>
>>127851246

>127797917

sc2 general here: sorry mang, but even with the poor quality of LoTV we haven't fallen to the point that you have. You're on your own; unless you hatefuck with /gsg/ already because clearly there is some sort of belligerent sexual tension between you.
>>
>>127877858

>>127797917

Damn it, but you get the point.
>>
>>127877201
Wildmana is Master of Mana now right? It's insanely unbalanced as some AI civs just trash half the civs in game before you even get to meet them.

>Sheaim in game
NOPE
>Clan of Embers
NOPE

Fucking blobbing scum. And the armageddon counter just zips up and down like mad. But at least the civ specific destiny victories are pretty cool.

Best just get a hit team and trash barbs around you for xp, gold and resources.
>>
Why are drakken so based?
>>
>>127858750
>computer at risk
Unless someone is after you or//and you download stupid suspicious shit you are fine. I got CIV4 and a bagazilion mods (dune, caveman, the magic one) to work just fine.
>>
>>127878695
and you disabled the update I assume?
>>
>>127878848
As I am brazilian, when I format my computer I am forced to use pirated windows and all pirate software (office, 3dmax,mathlab and cad and godknows what more) or sell my organs. Yes I have disabled them and check once in a while for things that might be helpful otherwise I don't install them.
>>
>>127864584
Missiles do inverted pyramid shape of damage
Plasma carronade follows the same pattern except it might have been even a bit wider than that.
So a a 15 power missile or carronade would look like this:

OXXXXXXXO
OOXXXXXOO
OOOXXXOOO
OOOOYOOOO

And then 16 would penetrate the next level at Y, rule of thumb is X^2 is optimal strength where X is layers you want to penetrate

Gauss always does 1 chip damage

Lasers penetrate according to their damage up to 3
If I remember correctly 6 looks like this

OXO
OXO
XXX
OXO

Then it fills the pattern not penetrating more until at 10 it penetrates 5 deep 2 wide and then kinda repeats the process of adding the side bits and going deeper

I think Particle beam does rectangle shapes depending on the power penetrates deeper. First few levels of power should be 2 deep, 3 deep, 2 wide 2 deep, 2 wide 3 deep and 3 wide 3 deep for powers of 2, 3, 4, 6 and 9

And finally rail guns fire 4 independent projectiles doing chip damage, then 2 deep lines then at 20 damage a volley do 4 of these and in between fill out the pattern.
OXO
XXX
OXO

Missiles, Carronades and Gauss I am sure.
Lasers I am sure for the low power hits.
Particle beams and railguns are bit of guess work but that's about how they work.

All info subject for change in the newest version.
>>
I finished a 260-turn global game on quick as the Dutch on Emperor. Global map.

I had the smallest army of any nation for the entire game, maybe 2 caravel explorers and a couple of infantry. Not once did ANY civ declare war on me.

My friend who's a veteran of civ 5 tells me this is acceptable. Is it?
>>
>>127881463
Science victory?
>>
>>127881654
Ye

I suppose I could've gone for a cultural/diplomatic victory if I wanted to pan out things a bit longer.
>>
>>127881463
>260 turn
>quick
>emperor
>acceptable
That's not setting the standard very high.
>>
>>127882016
Yeah yeah yeah whatever

The point is that the AI never did anything, 6/8 difficulty should be high enough for them to actually do something.
>>
>>127882147
The AI is garbage in Civ 5

The only way they actually win is trough the massive bonuses they get towards science victory
>>
>>127861541
Bump. Does anyone know?
>>
>>127861541
>>127884207

Yes.

You can build all the cultures belonging to your culture group and then there was one wonder which gave you more if I recall correctly.

So if you are playing as France you can build all European cultures.
>>
>>127881463
some of the AIs won't attack you as long as you have units defending your cities and you dont expand towards them. It's understandable if you didn't share a border with Monty or Napoleon
>>
File: latest[1].png (175KB, 488x406px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
175KB, 488x406px
Age of Wonders 3 is actually quite good (not as 2, but still good). Why does no one talk about it?
I guess it's because it's HoMM tier: loved by everyone, but known by few.

Anyway, best specializations for a Necromancer? I went destruction x2 and expander, since i love the "spread blight to cover the entire map" thing, but maybe it's a shit choice?
>>
>>127891297
>Why does no one talk about it?
It's an indie game by a small studio who did virtually no marketing, A lot of people never heard about it. It didn't get to ride on the failure that was CIV:BE at launch like Endless Legend did.

>best specializations for a Necromancer?
Go Grey Guard Halfling Necro, for happy undead halflings that dodge and crit a ridiculous amount of time.
>>
whats the bed mod and why is it Stay on Classical Era?
>>
File: ranier.jpg (248KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
ranier.jpg
248KB, 1024x768px
Does anybody just play this game for fun and to see how the AI grows and interacts with each other?

I love playing huge, max AI maps and not even worrying about a victory. Just play my little part in the world and watch the politics develop. Are there any mods that make this more appealing?
>>
>>127899783
What game? Too modern-looking for my tastes but I dig the assets.
>>
File: 2.jpg (328KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
328KB, 1024x768px
>>127900246
Second Life HD Remastered
>>
Ayy.
>>
I want to roleplay zealous warriors, but i don't wanna suck too much. Which civs should i pick in Civ5?

Celts?Ottomans?Spain?
>>
>>127902236
I mean going religion + domination. I tried poland, but it's hard to do so.
>>
File: 2016-01-08_00013.jpg (701KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-08_00013.jpg
701KB, 1920x1080px
>>
In Endless Legend, can you still do spy activities against factions with which you are at peace?

Or to put it another way, will the Forgotten go bother someone else if I'm at peace with them?
>>
>>127902236
>>127902442
aztecs
>>
File: 1445605355371.gif (959KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1445605355371.gif
959KB, 480x270px
>>127905820
The forgotten are Roving Clan tier garbage.
The tech buying and stealing mechanic needs a serious rebalance. They need HUGE amounts of dust to afford heroes to spy and to buy techs. It's just not feasible and their tech becomes stagnant around T3.

Plus stealing techs implies that the other players haven't teched retarded shit.
>>
Duel map size, 22 players, immortal.
What civ and map type shall I play?
>>
>>127910228
The injuns who get a bunch of territory when they settle
>>
>>127910354
Aight, lets see how this goes
>>
>>127910228
Post screens so we can keep this thread alive
>>
>>127911127
Sorry but Im going to play some board games with friends in 5min. Im just waiting for them to finish eating.
>>
Whenever I watch news I imagine how it would look like in civ game. Most of the shit sticks

2 Things don't, please explain

How do culture work? Can you give me an example of a cultural victory? Is it something like US right now with everybody speaking english, watching its films and stuff?

and 2, how would ISIS be ina civ game? Civ 4 in particular, Civ 2 had spies that could do terrorist activity.
>>
>>127912191

>Is it something like US right now with everybody speaking english, watching its films and stuff?

Here's the thing.

Nobody has ever won IRL civ.
They've just reached high scores and then fucked something up.
About the USA, you have to kind of keep it in the timeframe of the USA being a relevant country.

About WWI time, the world hasn't seen a major war in a century, and Europe is the richest place probably ever in human history, mostly centred in the British empire.
Long story short, most of that wealth transferred over to the USA (previously sitting on a rickety economy trying to carve out a place in the world) and they saw an insane increase in power. It didn't help that literally MILLIONS of europeans were killed in WWI and several countries fell apart to communism or just general economic failure.

The USA is standing on the shoulders of giants in terms of their influence, particularly languages like English which were largely spread way before the USA existed.

This doesn't make it any less legitimate though, after all, the best civ victories are from clutch moments where you just gain the edge and use it to grab a winning condition.

IRL there is no military/cultural/land etc. victory, they all come together, just with different priorities.

Hell, consider that the Ottoman Empire was torn to shreds after the Allies beat the shit out of them in WWI. If not for that, the Ottoman empire would've survived long enough to start digging up all that oil that was under their feet, and we'd be living in a world with an Islamic Caliphate as the world superpower rivalling the USA.

Also ISIS are just barbarians equivalent (they're a reactionary force that developed due to a long, long tale of complex relations in the middle east/western asia going back hundreds of years but fuck if you wanna get bogged down in that)
>>
>>127912191
>>127917223
Arguably the US has already won cultural victory
>>
>>127879429
Thanks, mate. The only things I was sure of myself were missiles and lasers.
>>
>>127918168
I forgot to mention mesons go straight trough armor and microwaves only target electronic systems.
>>
>>127918115

>Arguably the US has already won cultural victory

The point is that IRL, civ victories are temporary.

France, Britain, Germany, USA, China, Russia and even a few countries that don't even exist any more have had varying degrees of a 'cultural' victory.

France, Britain, USA all have massive amounts of their literature, media and philosophy spread throughout the world. Hell, it could also be argued that Britain and France still possess some more influence over more 'sophisticated' media (philosophy, classical arts) whereas the USA has a lot more influence over commercial culture with the amount of stuff they export

I'm not insinuating anything about those countries, but the world perception of those countries nonetheless gives them a lot of influence.

But just as countries can achieve cultural victory, they can fade into obscurity afterwards. The only thing cultural victory does is make your culture last forever, but not your country's power.

There's an argument that the Romans pretty much achieved domination victory when they took over most of the world that was relevant to them. However the thing is, Europe and the Med wasn't the only centre of civilization around.

Power is fickle and eventually changes/fades, hence why Civ victories don't apply well to real life.
>>
>>127919186
>>127917223
It's an interesting discussion nevertheless
>>
File: Venice pantheon choice.png (2MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Venice pantheon choice.png
2MB, 1366x768px
Fertility Rites, God of the Sea, God-King, Monument to the Gods, or Sacred Path?
>>
>>127919689
I'd say god of the sea for the early production boost
>>
game under way!!! ALL DLCs game name Low budget memes
>>
In multi is diplo victory the weakest? It seems hard to protect city states from other humans
>>
>>127918597
Nice. Mesons only have a really short range though, right?
I haven't gotten too far in this game myself. I've only ever built 1 warship and it was crippled by an alien (what I suspect was) probe ramming me before it exploded and I had to rescue my crew because I didn't understand training yet.
>>
>>127919186
I'd say 2 men achieved military victory.

NapoopaN and Alexandre the Great. Both of them conquered the entire civilized world.
At either of those times the Americas were hardly civilized.
>>
>>127919689
God of the sea. All your food is from the sea, so you'll be making fishing ships early anyway. Might as well make them good.
And what happened to your warrior?

>>127926256
I hope you're joking.
>>
>>127925695
The main drawbacks of Mesons are the fact that they have lower range and they ever only deal 1 damage.

So it's good against small things where that 1 damage will do significant damage or against things that are heavily shielded/armored, especially with a bit of luck might disable the craft with relative ease which buys time to bore trough the armor.

Against large lightly armored targets it's not that effective since other weapons could engage from farther range and destroy the light armor easily and then have enough damage to destroy the large craft that might simply not die from the 1 chip damage the mesons throw at it.
>>
>>127919689
I want that start.
>>
>>127926256
wtf
>>
>>127927220
Deleted him for lower upkeep. I'm only going to be using Naval and Ranged units due to the terrain
>>
>>127927560
How do I share saves?
>>
Is Brazil a decent civ?

Those Brazil wood camps with lots of jungle seems like it would get insane with universities, the right techs and that culture pantheon
>>
File: 7120749.jpg (35KB, 280x238px) Image search: [Google]
7120749.jpg
35KB, 280x238px
Holy fucking shit the AI is so GODDAMN ANNOYING it makes me want to punch the screen.

I've been nice to everyone else since the start, I gifted resources and money and made fair trades. I supported their stupid resolution at the congress even if I didn't care. I haven't attacked anyone and always stayed out of their wars against eachother and when I fucking take TWO cities because TWO of those fucking cunts (venice and siam) tried to invade me, everyone else denounces me.
I've lost my hard worked open borders and friendships in less than 10 turns because diplomacy doesn't make any sense.
Fuck the cultural victory and fuck this game. Next time I'm going science.
>>
>>127930175
Holy fuck they're great
>>
>>127933121
Cultural victory is still easy even with everyone hating your ass.

Don't take cities if you can't handle the banter that follows
>>
sdfgdfs
>>
>>127930175
>>127933168
they have the same problem as morocco though
sure they get a good bonus, but its lategame
a jungle capital can be a pretty piss start
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.