[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Homebrew & Hacking General - /hbg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 922
Thread images: 113

File: 1452129587341.png (56KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1452129587341.png
56KB, 800x600px
s there someone I can call to get my money back then? edition

http://strawpoll.me/6447025/

Previous thread >>127709032

/hbg/ Wiki: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (10.3 for userland / downgrade, eShop is x.x.x-28 only)
Wii U: 5.5 (Upcoming IOSU exploit)
Vita: 3.51 (Userland)
PS4: 1.76 (Webkit)

N3DS emuNAND can't be updated past 9.5
O3DS emuNAND can update all the way to 10.3

-GUIDES-
3DS: http://pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 http://i.imgur.com/tH9FMpc.png
DOWNGRADING: http://pastebin.com/ZfA8wtA2 http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji

DS: http://homebrew-general.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS

Vita: http://pastebin.com/zwBhCPtd

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-NOTICE: January 11th http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/extended_nintendo_network_maintenance_on_the_way
-Menu/Iron/Browserhax all work on the latest firmware again! DON'T DELAY in getting Homebrew.
-memchunkhax2 is a kernel11 exploit that allows downgrading to 9.2, and works on every firmware including 10.3.

>Is downgrading safe?
Things are going pretty well. Some bricks are simply people using the wrong firmware. Be sure you understand the risks.
-A libkhax variant of mch2 sysUpdater compiled by julian20 implements the safest settings so far
-Getting the downgrader to even start can require many tries, especially with New 3DS. Opening and closing an FTP app supposedly helps.
-Blank screen can be caused by Menuhax. Try pulling your SD card if you get it. Boot, reinsert, change theme.

>Wii U
-Apparently, the Wii U and 3DS use the same fucking keys... LOL
-Hykem is being weird.

>PS4
-Linux can run on PS4. Thanks /g/.

>Vita
-Cobra Black Fin was announced. http://wololo.net/2015/12/07/cobra-black-fin-an-upcoming-dongle-to-play-ps-vita-isos/
-A Vita update got released, you might not want to update since it fixes the email exploit.
>>
first for tech support
>>
repostan

I've successfully unlinked my sysNAND and emuNAND by formatting sysNAND but now my o3DS won't autoboot into rxTools/rxMode

What do I need to do to set this up again?
>>
What files should be in the SD cards root when trying to downgrade a n3dsxl?
>>
>>127726445
>everything else works but FBI.cia
help
>>
first for bricks
>>
>>127726445
>no root folder
>>
File: consider the following2.jpg (45KB, 720x405px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following2.jpg
45KB, 720x405px
What CFW do you prefer?
- rxTools 2.6
- rxTools 3.0 alpha
- CakesFW
- Pasta CFW (jk)
- Reinand (?)
>>
File: Jeb-Bush6.jpg (61KB, 662x800px) Image search: [Google]
Jeb-Bush6.jpg
61KB, 662x800px
Is there a way to install a custom theme on an unlinked emunand without breaking menuhax?
>>
>update emunand
>system reboots
>sysnand is still 9.2.0
>go to launch emunand
>black screen
fugggggg
>>
>pirated Yokai Watch update notification

Is it safe to on 10.3 emunand?
>>
File: not daijoubu.png (404KB, 722x524px) Image search: [Google]
not daijoubu.png
404KB, 722x524px
I'm doing this despite a constant fear of bricking. I've followed all the steps in the guides so far but holding L still doesn't boot homebrew. What could be causing this?
>>
I made an improved non-kickass starter pack.

It should have everything required point-to-point to get up and running from scratch (pre-downgrade) to rxTools (excluding the firmware files). I also took the liberty of rewriting the firmware .bat file to be more streamlined.

I wrote a pretty thorough readme for the entire process, but some wording is either vague or nonexistent so fleshing out those would be nice.

Also, it works during any part of the process so if you just downgraded and don't know what to do next you could follow along perfectly by starting to set up rxTools.

> a.pomf.cat/cgcwnc.7z

Thoughts and suggested improvements are appreciated.
>>
File: 1426306085261.jpg (119KB, 540x402px) Image search: [Google]
1426306085261.jpg
119KB, 540x402px
I'm about to unlink NANDs. Should I be doing this within emunand or sysnand?
>>
>>127726948
Someone said having emunand on shuffle might help. I don't think it'd be reliable though.
>>127726908
that girl's a megaqt.
rxTools nightly build. (no idea which build just downloaded it from some tutorial.)
>>
>>127726948
CHMM2 cia
>>
Where do I place the starter.bin file that comes with EmuNAND? I've tried putting it inside the same folder emunand is in but it still can't find it.
>>
>>127727075
formatting emunand is less buggy/weird but formatting sysnand lets you keep everything on emunand.
>>
Where the hell can I find a "ReiNAND 2.1" for its firmware.bin?
>>
Is it possible to restore sysnand after format, in case I want my saves and NNID there again?
>>
well somehow I downloaded a faulty rxTools nightly with fucked up online play (got a weird "Failed to connect to partner's device" error)

someone using 3.0 alpha or latest nightly can confirm that it got no problems when online playing?
>>
>>127726973
wtf okay
>rebooted after waiting a minute
>tried again after checking that sdcard looked okay
>after 30 seconds Preparing Home Menu
>boots
>everything is there including my old custom theme from before downgrading, my badges, and the eshop games and cia applications

well okay. I can live with this.
>>
How do I know pasta CFW loader is loaded? When I load the app in the HBL it just restarts HBL w/o any confirmation that it's loaded.
>>
>>127726960
Ok so i'll just follow these steps:
>Get the started stuff>BrowserHax>Menuhax

Then i just downgrade when he gets the bigger sd?
>>
Every time I try to launch rxTools it crashes the browser and says: "An error has occurred." Help?
>>
>>127727198
Buggy/weird how?
>>
Can I install cias in sysNAND?

I'm asking because currently I don't have enough space for an emuNAND, and probably the most I can install is one game in this 2 gb SD. I'm buying a bigger one next week.
>>
>>127727278
Can confirm it's just you/your partner and has nothing to do with rxTools.

Why are you so quick to blame it? TFH uses shitty P2P so you're at the mercy of your partners to connect.
>>
File: 02brwOo.jpg (474KB, 1806x2713px) Image search: [Google]
02brwOo.jpg
474KB, 1806x2713px
>>127726682
plzrespond. I don't understand if you should have the 3dsx file or the smdh too?
>>
>>127727406
mostly to do with NNID/eshop stuff.
>>
This may help anyone downgrading, going to repost here too.

First, this may take 100, 200 many tries. Many hours trying. And if something doesn't go right, don't panic.

If Y doesn't respond - Keep smashing Y
Cia not found - Press B
Black screen - Press R L DOWN B (keep presing until you are on the home screen)
Frozen screen - (no button works) - wait 5 minutes, power off, if the lights still on, power off again (hold it)

It's scary but never give up.
>>
>>127727436
I've got the same error screen with Smash, it's not only TFH, some anon said I have a bugged nightly
>>
when i try to install a cia it does this shit, what does it mean?

Summary: Wrong argument (0x8)
Description: Invalid description (0x189)
>>
>>127727420
Yes, inject FBI using rxtools into your sysnand, and you can install a cia into your sysnand.

Any game you want would have to be less than ~800MB though, otherwise there won't be enough roomon your sd card
>>
>>127727378
Well the problem is that he will get a bigger sd soon so unless he can copy and be good to go, i wouldn't know what steps to go through again
>>
>>127727150
Solved it. For anyone else having this issue stick the "EmuNAND9" folder containing starter.bin into the root of your card. It'll find it then.
>>
>>127727243
Yeah, take the original NAND.bin and put on root

Then access gateway menu and hold up when pressing A on downgrade to restore nand to sysnand. No need to buy the gateway red card to do this
>>
Formatted my sysnand to unlink
Do I need to do anything else? Relink my NNID?
>>
With unlinked nands, it's safe to go into Data Management in emunand, right?"
>>
>>127727605
Its possible to copy emunands to different cards

Its easier to just start on a bigger card, but, it's still possible.
>>
>>127727243
Backing >>127727642 because I had to go back and redo everything after I forgot to inject FBI. Worked perfectly.
>>
>>127725386
>I'm not going to check the guide to find out, so I'll ask you. Did the guide make you unlink your NANDs?

I had already unlinked them before and got all my games onto emuNand. They disappeared after I went through the fixing the eshop stuff.

But I managed to fix it by just lots of googling. Found some info on gbatemp about renaming the old ID folder in /Nintendo 3DS/ with the name of the new folder. Now I've got my games and saves back on emunand, and can access eshop. So I'm all set. Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question though.
>>
>>127727230
pls respond
>>
>>127727642
>>127727742
Nice! Thank you
>>
reposting

>>127724945
thanks for the heads up. I didn't install any cias (but I launched FBI to check if it's working), just updated emunand to 10.3 and tried to enter the eshop

it recognized the NNID I already had in this 3DS, but I got "an error has occured, please try again later"

not sure if I'm fucked
>>
>>127727642
I think you can even extract your emunand with emunand tool and restore that too, but I don't know how badly cfw fucks it up

Has anyone confirmed this works?
>>
File: 1406160345734.jpg (121KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1406160345734.jpg
121KB, 512x512px
So I'm on EmuNAND with rxTools, everything is fine. I've heard some games need higher firmware to run though. Wouldn't I lose rxtools and FBI if I updated? Is there a different way to update or do I just use the system settings? O3DS for the record.
>>
I understand .cias are safe to play online. Is there anything I need to do once I'm on 9.2 to play online? Do I need to go to 9.5? Do I need to install anything extra?
>>
>>127727568
Damn it. I might as well wait until I buy the card then.

Thanks anon.
>>
Does anyone know exactly what happens with your NNID when unlinking?
>>
>>127727975
update emunand to latest version and you might have to format your sysnand to get it to work with nintendo network
>>
>>127728054
nothing, you can link it again on a different console and it will work, including your eshop purchases
>>
3DS GUYS!
What's a good 3DS game with file seize is lower than 500MBs?
>>
how do i fix the fail to load native firm 4 issue?
>>
>>127727849
never mind I found a tutorial that seems to explain my case:

5) Great now you have separated your sysnand from emunand but there is a problem. When you try to go into eshop from emunand you get an error. This happens because after format NNID info on sysnand are lost so you need to go back on sysnand and enter your existing NNID info on your 3ds. Do not create a new NNID. PUT EXISTING NNID ON SYSNAND NNID. After that you can get into eshop on emunand normally

6) Last step is to boot gateway mode, backup sysnand again and downgrade your 3ds via the gateway downgrade option. After doing so you end up with a 4.5fw sysnand (for EU 3ds, I don't know about US or Japan etc) and your emunand as you left it. Eshop works normally on your emunand and sysnand is separated from emunand.

not too sure about this step 6 tho, will try just 5 first
>>
>>127727778
Wait so what did you do because all of my stuff disappeared and I can't figure out how to get it back
>>
I've been enjoying pirated and other region games for a few days now, everything is good but I haven't been able to test out streetpass with any games yet as I've been visiting familly for a few weeks. Is there anything you have to do to get streetpass stuff working with cia games or should it all be good from the start?

The reason I ask is because I launched streetpass plaza to clear some streetpasses I had gotten before doing all the downgrade stuff and it worked fine other than giving me a notification that it couldn't do something with spotpass data on the SD card. I don't care about spotpass at all, but will it cause issues with streetpassing in games?

I haven't used my 3DS much in the past year I got it, so I don't know what all this spotpass nonsense really does.
>>
>>127726445
>didn't even change the edition

NIGGA
>>
Trying to install rxTools and I get "Failed to load NATIVE_FIRM: 4" I'm following one of the pastebin guides mentioned in the previous thread
>>
To anyone wanting games, here's a link posted on /v/ but got deleted.

https://mega dot nz/#F!cc10iZ7I!6lsenuB_u1kvLukCOpDXSA
>>
Aw sheeit niggas. Forgot about Girls Mode 3. Now I don't have to wait for NoA to not localize it.
>>
Is it possible to create a new NNID on my N3DS's emunand? I downgraded to 9.2 without setting up a NNID. I don't care if my sysnand is without NNID.
>>
Does anybody know exactly what to do to backup an Animal Crossing New Leaf save? In 10.3, just to be safe before downgrading.

I hear it's difficult to backup.
>>
I finally got Cakes running. Thank you based anon.
>>
File: alis mom.png (20KB, 152x155px) Image search: [Google]
alis mom.png
20KB, 152x155px
Using the "old store version" to download v1 of ironfall put the present box in my 3ds desktop but it isn't downloading.
Did it stop working/has it been fixed by nintendo?
Or should I assume it's just too much traffic?
>>
Following this gude: http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji

>First off we'll need signature patching so we can run FBI. To do this, launch Pasta. It'll kick you back to your home menu, only this time with signature patching, allowing you to install whatever you want. If Pasta doesn't work, try MiniPasta. Now return to the homebrew menu via the browserhax URL again. Once here, launch FBI. Now that you're in FBI you can install .cia files. Go to where you save fbi.cia and install it. This will allow you to access FBI from your home menu instead of the homebrew launcher.

My question is, after launching Pasta or miniPasta and it kicks you back to the front, do I need to go back to homebrew menu without powering the system off? Can't figure out if that's possible with menuhax, and browserhax fails every time I try it after being kicked back.

If this does not matter, only thing that does matter is that fbi.cia is not installing no matter what I do.

>Install failed!
>SUMMARY_INVALID_ARGUMENT (0x7)
>Description: DESCRIPTION_INVALID_SIGNATURE (0x6a)
No idea what to do from here, I'm pretty sure I have everything I need so far.
>>
File: 1403050182230.jpg (33KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1403050182230.jpg
33KB, 600x400px
>downgraded first try
>installed cfw first try
>installed fbi and .cias no problem
>but tfw you only have the stock 4GB SD card

Well fuck, I guess I'm stuck with the ambassador games until I get a new SD card.

Any small retail games or dsiware you'd recommend?
>>
whats the safest sysupdater to use on n3ds
>>
>>127727465
Nobody knows the answer?
>>
>>127728456
Go into your /Nintendo 3DS/ folder on the root of your SD card. You should have a Private folder and then most likely two other folders with long IDs.

In my case one was 13gigs because it was my older folder that had all my games. When I fixed the eshop it created a second, new folder, that was only 99mb. I copied both folder names then renamed the newer 99mb one something like "newID". Then I renamed the 13gig one with the original folder name of the 99mb folder. Booted up my 3DS and all my games were back and I had eshop access still.
>>
>>127728774
The two in the pastebins works. I tried them with my 2 3ds and got it to work the first time.
>>
i'm having some trouble booting into gateway on my n3ds, using oot3d. im on 9.2.0 and have the correct savefile on my gamecard

when i boot in, the top screen turns black and the bottom screen turns white
>>
>>127728138
will emunand work perfectly at 10.3? I see reports that N3DS can only do 9.5 right now? All the info is scattered and fucking confusing and all I want to do is maybe just maybe hunt with some buds.
>>
File: 1385028439059.jpg (103KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
1385028439059.jpg
103KB, 500x540px
So, I am trying to downgrade my o3ds from 9.8 to 9.2, everything went fine until the end, but now is frozen in "Updates installed, rebooting in ten seconds".

What should I do?
>>
File: preview.png (121KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
preview.png
121KB, 400x480px
By the way what happened to these sluts? And why do they have so many themes on JP?
>>
File: Capture.png (51KB, 623x546px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
51KB, 623x546px
>>127728760
>Any small retail games or dsiware you'd recommend?
>>
Is there any upside in updating emunand to 10.3 on my O3DS?
>>
File: 1428365817478.jpg (618KB, 1201x884px) Image search: [Google]
1428365817478.jpg
618KB, 1201x884px
>Update emuNAND
>Rxtools black screens

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>127728706
Shit nevermind yeah I learned you can't power it off after being kicked back to the home screen. fbi.cia installed now.
>>
>>127729071

One of them left and was replaced by a new girl.
>>
Whats the name of the program that allows region free cia installing in rxTools?
>>
File: 20160106_225803.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160106_225803.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Help what do
>>
How to launch rxTool after instalation?
>>
>>127729206
run pasta under sysnand, clone sysnand to emunand
>>
>>127729206
Trash it and get a vita.
>>
Why are people using rxTools over CakesFW, anyway?
>>
Autobooting rxTools doesn't work on o3ds 10.3
alternatives?
>>
File: 1428298477902.jpg (14KB, 158x243px) Image search: [Google]
1428298477902.jpg
14KB, 158x243px
>few weeks ago
>move all data from 4GB microSD to 8GB microSD
>everything works, no problems
>today
>try moving 8GB data to 32GB using exact same method (copy everything to desktop, put it back on new card)
>digital games refuse to show up
FUCK
>>
>>127729378
Cake CFW
>>
File: simple question.png (78KB, 981x588px) Image search: [Google]
simple question.png
78KB, 981x588px
Hey folks, small simple questions here.

The files above are in my 3ds folder and the files below are in the root.
Since I know a few of the homebrew apps I use can be replaced with a .cia now, can I remove everything but the installer and menuhax?
I won't need sysupdate and the updates folder anymore since I'm on a O3DS (right?)

However, I'm having trouble figuring out which files in the root I no longer need.
Even then I install the emulator via .cia I will need the roms in the root, correct?

My last few questions are simple too:

I installed menuhax before my downgrade, will it need to be reinstalled?
Once I upgrade to 10.3 via emuand, will I still be able to access my NNID and miiverse or is it not safe to log in? I can still access the eshop so I should be able to right?

Thanks!
>>
Can anyone help me with this, I'm a bit stumped.

>Cakes
>https://github.com/mid-kid/CakesForeveryWan/releases
>Copy everything to the SD card. There are three files that end in .here (two are in /cakes/ ) you will need to copy the actual files so they are next to the .here files.

So I threw the .bin and .nds files into the sd card, but I'm confused by this last bit, am I only putting the .here files in?
>>
Should I use the beta gateway firmware or the normal one?
>>
hey which cia installer did you guys use for translated FE fates? fbi doesn't work.
>>
File: panic.jpg (381KB, 2400x1800px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
381KB, 2400x1800px
>load my 3DS with a few dozen games
>can't figure out what to play
>launch something, get 5 minutes in
>maybe I should play X instead...

HELP
>>
File: 20160107_005803.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160107_005803.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Just about to install Gunvolt's Update when...

Yeah, I made sure both were USA.
>>
I have a 4gig microSD, should I bother setting up CFW or should I wait until I get a bigger card?
>>
>>127729063
wait, if it doesnt reboot wait 10 minutes and reboot
>>
so it seems people are using this tutorial to fix error 022 on eshop with emunand

http://3dshomebrew.blogspot.com.br/2015/12/tutorial-how-to-fix-emunand-error-022.html

but wouldn't it work the same if I just went to sysnand (which was formatted) and set up the same NNID that is already on emunand? Did anyone try that?
>>
>>127727973
unlink your nands and then just update your emunand the normal way
>>
File: literally cucking nintendo.jpg (157KB, 936x1248px) Image search: [Google]
literally cucking nintendo.jpg
157KB, 936x1248px
A couple days ago I was here on /hbg/ asking about DLC that wasn't working

I had FE:A installed but the game didn't recognize the DLC I installed both via FBI and BigBlueMenu

I think I found the solution to that: For DLC to work on your system, you need to have the game and the DLC in the same region as your 3DS. I have an EU o3DS running US FE:A and the US DLC and it didn't work. Tried downloading the EU version and EU DLC and it worked perfectly (installed via BigBlueMenu, not sure about FBI, some people say it's better than FBI for DLC)

Anyone has had any similar experiences? Any NA game runs fine on my system, but the DLC so far didn't work, I should try that with more games

I think that shouldn't be a problem unless you are that guy from a couple days ago that was having the same problem as me with Taiko no Tatsujin, so installing JP DLC might be hard right now

Pic somewhat related, my 3DS homescreen with two FE:A copies
>>
>>127727075
If you format Sysnand you lose everything forever. If you have a bunch of stuff off the eShop and want to someday return to normal and pretend CFW never happened just unlink the Emunand. If you have a specific 3DS exclusively for piracy then unlink the Sysnand.
>>
>>127729454
Retard guide pls
>>
>>127729608
This 10 minute bullshit needs to go.

I walked a couple friends through it and they were fine powering off 10-20 seconds after it failed to reboot (so 20-30 overall). If it's done, it's done. Waiting ain't going to make it more done.
>>
>>127728669
is it a cart? if so then there's nothing to backup

is it a digital download? just backup your SD card
>>
>>127729709
It's my girlfriend's digital copy, and I was just wanting to be really careful in case of brick. She has about a million hours in that game.
>>
>>127729515
I used the beta one and it worked fine

not sure if there's risks tho
>>
File: 1431709883035.jpg (119KB, 617x932px) Image search: [Google]
1431709883035.jpg
119KB, 617x932px
>>127729651
>literally cucking nintendo.jpg
>ntr cfw
>>
>>127729515
I'd like to know this as well
>>
Is there anything specific I need to do to safely using wifi on CIA games?
>>
File: chihuahua2.jpg (108KB, 764x1024px) Image search: [Google]
chihuahua2.jpg
108KB, 764x1024px
>>127729819
>>
>>127729675
http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
>>
>>127728332
ace attorney
>>
>>127729579
i recommend getting a bigger card, but with a 4gig you can at least play one game at a time
>>
>7GB card
>all the games i want are huge
>>
I used FBI in the HBL to install fbi.cia. It said it worked but it's not showing up in the home menu like I thought it would? Still have to do the stuff with emunand though
>>
>>127729697
I pulled the battery on my N3DS at every lock. Sped up the process significantly with no damage. Only 4 hours spent brute forcing the exploit!

Call it reckless but if I waited 10 minutes every retry I'd still be nowhere.
>>
File: 1452120670726.png (239KB, 708x537px) Image search: [Google]
1452120670726.png
239KB, 708x537px
reposting
guys I installed a gba game on FBI in sysNAND by accidenet
How do I delete them now?

>>127725386
Uh I think I installed them in both
They appear as black boxes in sysnand and they appear and quickly disappear in NAND
Did I fuck up bigtime?
>>
>>127729139
please answer.
>>
File: Z5.jpg (50KB, 732x432px) Image search: [Google]
Z5.jpg
50KB, 732x432px
>>127729819

>cucking nintendo with ALL the smash DLC
>>
What's different about formatting emunand from sysnand? Leaving the SD card, I'm guessing?
>>
to undo everything is just to delete all the shit of the sd card and paste your backup on it?
>>
>>127729576
Also, help please.
>>
>>127730019
Online games
Some games need firmware (only example I can remember that happened with me was translated MHX)
E-shop
>>
>>127729907
Okay thank you
>>
If you don't format you SD card before downgrading will all your digital games still work after the fact, or do they become dead weight?
>>
After using tinyformat to format the emunand and unlink the emu and sysnands can I use emunand9 to clone the sysnand to the emunand and have them be basically the same but still unlinked?
>>
Anybody know anything about:
>>127728683

Getting ironfall v1, I mean.

Won't I get it if I download it from the normal store?
>>
>Get everything ready for pirating
>go to look for games
>realize I already bought and played every 3DS game I was interested in
At least I have it ready for Fates.
Can't wait to go through all this shit again when the Wii U exploit drops.
>>
File: IMG_20160106_201017.jpg (828KB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_201017.jpg
828KB, 3120x4160px
Using a N3DS with what I believe is Julian's latest sysupdate
is it safe to reboot here and try again?
>>
File: 1442506036886.jpg (31KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
1442506036886.jpg
31KB, 852x480px
Is it safe to download dlc while in emunand? I'm trying to play MonHun but I'm scared that i'll fuck something up.
>>
rip sd card

at least my system is still downgraded and working fine
>>
How do I boot up rxtools? I'm pressing L on boot up but it's just a bottom red and top black screen
>>
>>127726908
rxtools 3.0 on o3ds
cakes+ntr on n3ds

minipasta for sysnand on both
>>
Is it ok to update games with eShop in the emunand?
>>
>>127729541
PLS HELP
>>
>>127729459
Just a few simple questions... anyone?
>>
>>127730440
reboot your console from the sysNAND
>>
>Failed to get CIA file info

Do I keep trying or do I need to do something else?
>>
To unlink my NAND's it's as simple as booting with no sd card in, going to the system settings and using the format system option yeah?
>>
File: 1348490422517.png (98KB, 276x400px) Image search: [Google]
1348490422517.png
98KB, 276x400px
>>127729608
>>127729697
I've waited 10 minutes and it warked! Thanks guys, I'll get into this CFW stuff.
>>
>>127730587
How do I do that if I cant access the homebrew menu?
>>
>>127728796
I know the answer but I don't like the picture you posted so I'm not going to answer.

Also you're a cuck for waiting so long and hoping to piggyback off others who already blazed the trail on n3ds
>>
how do I exit out of homebrew channel withouth turning it off?
>>
>>127730593
Are you on a mac?
>>
File: 1361526308465.jpg (75KB, 560x550px) Image search: [Google]
1361526308465.jpg
75KB, 560x550px
>Updated emuNAND
>Rxtools freezes at black screen now

Please help, MHX is almost within my grasp.
>>
>>127730710
You don't.
>>
>>127727402
Pls respond
>>
>>127730770
No, I'm on loonix.
>>
I sucessfully dowgraded, but I can't use browserhax... When I open the link nothing happens.

What should I do?
>>
>>127729142
same kek
>>
>>127730307
anyone?
>>
Asking again, does anyone have a full smash dlc bundle? I don't want to wade through a million threads on 3dsiso.
>>
How do I go about formatting emunand? I'm assuming it's different from sysnand.
>>
is there a way to install .cia files via network? SocketPunch doesn't work for shit
>>
Hey, so. I can't seem to access the eshop despite everything. I've got the spoofer and everything running as told but whenever I open up Eshop, it loads up my name and what not for a few seconds before telling me that I need to update to use eshop, EVEN with the spoofer.
>>
>getting an sd card for games
>reviews on amazon say a ton of them are fake

which brands are you using and what sellers did you buy from?
>>
>>127730924
TinyFormat
>>
RxTools doesn't show the region or version when I check TMD, how do I install FBI?
>>
>>127727717
I did it and deleted some games to make room for downloading the update to 10.3. Everything seems fine.

This was on an o3ds running RX3D 9.2.0-20U
>>
>>127730489
help
>>
>>127730974
Oh, and I've got the N3DS. Almost forgot to mention, my bad.
>>
Is there a quick way to get into the Homebrew Launcher from emunand? Using an rxTools nightly.
>>
>>127730487
What if I use Cakes on o3DS? The rxTools author seems an idiot. Also, what is NTR? A CFW without piracy, or what?
>>
File: received_528385093997518.jpg (14KB, 337x506px) Image search: [Google]
received_528385093997518.jpg
14KB, 337x506px
sysUpdater 0.4.2b keeps freezing on me before i even hit downgrade.
what do i do?
>>
I'm using cakes. When I use go to system settings, am I still in cakes? I'm asking this because when I exit out, I'm out of cakes.
>>
>>127728332
Rhythm Tengoku: The Best+
>>
>>127731138
install home-brew launcher cia
>>
>>127731073
I went ahead and did it earlier, works fine (o3dsxl running cakes on 10.3 (9.2sysnand))
>>
>>127730823
O3DS?
>>
Can anyone tell me of a good 3ds to cis converter
>>
>>127730968
SocketPunch works fine, it's about the only method currently to transfer over network. It's also slow as shit anyway, because of the internal limitations of the 3DS hardware.

>>127731067
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

>>127731151
Cakes and rxTools work fine on both versions. I personally like rxtools more on o3ds because it boots more successfully, and vice versa for cakes. NTR is like... a shell process that you run on top of homemenu, so it's not necessarily a "CFW" in the traditional sense. You run the boot program, and then you get a nice menu that you can access with X+Y in any game or on the home menu. So you can run RX+NTR or Cakes+NTR.
>>
>>127730821
Mac has a tendency to creating hidden files on every folder, try looking for any hidden file.
>>
I have a N3DS XL (9.9E I think)
Since the whole downgrading thing doesn't seem to be stable yet, I'll wait until I can do it without hoping one of the steps work on the 50th attempt.

Can you play pirated 3DS games with a cFW and what SD card size would be recommendable once piracy works?
>>
Every time I hit downgrade on sysUpdater 0.4.2b it hits an error when gathering cia information. What did I do wrong?
>>
>>127731263
Yeah.
>>
Are there any special steps to installing games and DLC/updates from other regions using rxTools and FBI?

>>127731383
It's perfectly stable if you just follow instructions. You want at least 32gigs probably.
>>
>>127731383
Yes and you should get either 32 or 64.
>>
>>127730863
It's fine, reset and keep trying

>>127731406
Reset, try again. It might take 100+ tries

>>127731479
Click the slider on the blank page
>>
>invalid database save hash check failed
What to do?
>>
>>127729459
anyone?
>>
I cant start up rx tools because I dont have access to my Homebrew launcher ? It's just bottom red and top black. What did I do wrong?
>>
File: 1450380158980.jpg (157KB, 510x1027px) Image search: [Google]
1450380158980.jpg
157KB, 510x1027px
I'm using the retard's autoboot guide and I completed up to step 4. RxTools 3.0 has been run for the first time, my emuNAND has a different homescreen layout from sysNAND, etc.

Now I'm trying to run browserhax on sysNAND so I can install menuhax and eventually get autoboot up, but every time I try to launch browserhax it says an error has occurred. I've cleared my SD card of any .bin payloads and retried many times, but sysNAND still refuses to install browserhax (on 9.2.0).

Is browser/menuhax supposed to be installed on emuNAND instead? I feel like I've hit a wall here.
>>
>>127728886
Thanks man, that completely fixed it
>>
>>127728452
Can you share the tutorial? having the exact same issue.
>>
>>127730489
guise
>>
>>127728182
So you can never link it again on the one you're using?
>>
can i still buy physical games and use online with them without fucking up the cfw?
>>
>>127731575
i cant even get to the downgrade screen, ive only gotten it to show once and it froze before i could hit Y
>>
>>127730629
Lads please.
>>
>>127729576
help
>>
>>127730987
SanDisk
Walmart
Buy it site-to-store if the store doesn't have what you're looking for. They deliver but those shipping prices are atrocious. Might as well grab it while you're picking up some veggies.
>>
>>127731687
Believe it's just trial and error, but I don't have a N3DS
>>
>>127731734
yes as long as you have done the emunand9 process
>>
>>127731687
It's finicky, my n3DS liked to freeze on the HBL's yellow screen and my friends o3DS liked to freeze on the sysUpdater
>>
I have a black icon/blank title installed on EmuNAND, how to remove? When opened it just stays on the 3DS logo screen
>>
>>127731336
I didn't see any hidden files in the updates folder. What do I do now, am I fucked?
>>
>>127731894
Not him but what if I didn't use the emunand9 one? i used the gateway one
>>
File: 1232225213398.jpg (42KB, 400x540px) Image search: [Google]
1232225213398.jpg
42KB, 400x540px
>>127731318
Ok, I'll install rxTools then. I should grab the CFW from here, right? https://lavanoid.github.io
Also, this guide is still valid for doing it? http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
>>
Is there anywhere I can find PQ undubbed?
>>
>>127731894
I have, yes. I'm following the pastebin guide that ends in Aji.
>>
>only have a 16 gb sd card
>impatient and dont feel like going and getting a bigger one
I'll be fine with just 16 gb right?
>>
Anyone managed to figure out how to get past it softbricking every time when downgrading?
>>
>>127731010
How do I run this while in emunand, before? Before I've unlinked my NANDs.
>>
Just wondering, is there any issue with using a MicroSD to SD converter? Like, the SD cards you can plug a MicroSD into, just wondering.
>>
>>127732058
Lavanoid dropbox is dead for the moment, so here's the rxtools build I used. https://mega.nz/#!lR03UIZD!cJ8bhIwlN-JqYAM1p_aUwmus2jxK70fy8M5DEwyJcwA

And yeah, that guide is valid.
>>
File: 1450330580270s.jpg (23KB, 526x464px) Image search: [Google]
1450330580270s.jpg
23KB, 526x464px
Finally got everything where I want it. It's a testament to how pants-on-headretarded I am due to the fact that it took me two days to do it

N3DS 9.2 emuNAND w/ Cakes coldboot and some netorare on the side. Just tested everything using FEif, MHX, and RTTB+.
>>
>>127731734
yes
>>
So I'm trying to install the 2.5 Homebrew Launcher on my 9.2 sysNAND, and after trying multiple times with different downloads of the starter pack it keeps fucking saying it's the 1.1b version of the Homebrew Launcher, which doesn't work with Menuhax.

What am I doing wrong?
>>
hey, i'm getting an error when i try to use browserhax. it simply says an error has occured and that i should restart the system. i've done this before, and i'm doing it the same way i did back then, but it doesn't want to work. has anyone solved this problem?
>>
File: 20160107_023121.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160107_023121.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>>127731575
When I click the slider it gives me pic related, any ideas?
>>
>>127732127
so yeah, just format that bitch up (remove SD when the red format button appears)

you'll have to install menuhax again, though

>>127732010
I'm not sure, I didn't use that method, sorry

but it should be the same process

at worst you'll have to install menuhax again
>>
File: image.png (421KB, 598x723px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
421KB, 598x723px
http://strawpoll.me/5723003/r

>>127732130
Yes just copy/paste when you get a bigger one
>>
>>127731894
It's the "Format system memory" that I should be selecting? Just because it says it's gonna connect to the internet.
>>
Is downloading patches or buying games off the eShop safe with emunand on the latest firmware?
>>
>>127731954
Just keep trying.
>>
>>127731824
You're welcome, been doing tech support since it came out and even wrote this quick little flowchart guide thing.

http://pastebin.com/U6pGq6ih
>>
>tried to update emunand
>update failed

Should I just retry or did I overlook something? Where are these cias installing anyway? The guide I'm following just says to install some useful stuff like bigblue and hbl but no other details.
>>
>>127731658
it's this one, but quite old and for 4.5, though it seems to be the same problem

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-on-4-5-to-4-5-with-separated-emunand-and-eshop-working-correctly.378275/

the one in the pastebin people are probably using is this one

http://3dshomebrew.blogspot.com.br/2015/12/tutorial-how-to-fix-emunand-error-022.html
>>
>>127732304
repeat the process several times

it's retarded, took me like 15 tries every time I had to redo it

there's a way that supposedly works every time

>turn off wifi
>go to browser
>delete history/cookies
>go to camera and read the QR
>go to browser
>do the initial browser setup
>quit browser
>turn on wifi
>open browser and click slider

it worked once for me
>>
>>127732304
Clear cookies, reboot and try again until it works.
>>
>>127726678
yeah menuhax need to be resintalled after a format.

the rest of the files should be okay
>>
>update in emuNAND
>it's all gone
what?
>>
>>127730489
Someone?
>>
>>127731605
PLEASE HELP
>>
>>127729559
play psmd
get the german/french/italian/spanish translation patch if you want http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=04142126285816082300
>>
>>127732306
And just triple checking here but all my saves are 100% fine on emuNAND after unlinking?
>>
>>127732448
yes as long as it's same region
>>
>>127728796
read the open, read all the pastebin and stop being retarded
>>
>>127729459
Please, its just a few simple questions...
>>
File: 3dslawyer.png (2MB, 2586x2266px) Image search: [Google]
3dslawyer.png
2MB, 2586x2266px
is there a way to create .cia game patches that are installed like updates to create/install mods? hasnt this been done with the pokemon games?
>>
>>127732394
It's the definition of insanity, but ok. I was using 9.0.0-20U firmware before before my retard brother updated, so that's what I'm downgrading to. Does that make a difference?
>>
>>127732447
Did you unlink first?
>>
QUICK
Link me the latest guide for setting up CFW and stuff on 9.2
I JUST downgraded on my N3DS
>>
>>127729828
No, nothing at all

>>127730489
Yes
>>
>>127732431
Thanks a ton!
>>
is there anyway to play online without being in 10.3?
>>
This is stupid but how do I exit bigbluemenu?
>>
File: 0106162308.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
0106162308.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
Thanks for all the help you guys
I <3 you
>>
>>127732637
see
>>127732408

Quick and easy all you have to do is follow the steps.
>>
>>127732339
yes

reminder that if anything goes wrong you can just do everything again

>>127732503
I think so

my SMTIV and sm4sh saves were fine
>>
I'm trying to downgrade a n3DS using sysUpdater 0.4.2b and I keep getting the message

"titleException:
main.cpp : 148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!"

every time I hit the downgrade button.

>>127731575 says to keep retrying but I am worried that I fucked something up along the way
>>
>>127732782
That guide says O3DS
I'm using a N3DS, senpai
>>
>>127732438
That worked, thanks!
>>
>>127732613
>pic
THANK YOU FOR THAT

Yes, it's possible
>>
>>127732692
Home button
>>
>>127732667
you're welcome. If you could report back in case of success would be nice (and which tutorial you used)

I'm just waiting for my nand backup to finish before doing it
>>
>Summary: Out of resource (0x3)
>Description: Unknown description (0xd2)
I spent five hours on this. WHY?
>>
If I update my Emunand to 10.3, what entrypoints do I have available? OoT? Ironhax? Menuhax? Browserhax?
>>
>>127732880
then how? ive been searching around and havent found any guides pertaining to that.
>>
>>127732905
4GB right? Get a bigger card.
>>
>There are three files that end in .here (two are in /cakes/ ) you will need to copy the actual files so they are next to the .here files.

Call me stupid, but what the fuck does this mean?
>>
File: HNI_0001.jpg (106KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0001.jpg
106KB, 432x528px
I don't know why some people are that scared, everything was piss easy.
>>
Just finished downgrading to 9.2 and am now working on the next steps. It says I should put the FBI and emunand "3ds" folders into the root of the SD card. Should I merge it with the old 3ds folder I got for installing homebrew, or delete the old one and make a new one for these next few steps?
>>
>>127732970
I'm a pokefag and have spent way too much time on getting me some different coloured pixels
>>
>>127732959
8GB. Bravely Default block size can't be 20000
>>
>>127732613
>>127732880
Uhm. Sorry for being extremely dumb, I guess you wanted to know how to do it.
Check this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-rebuild-a-custom-update-for-pok%C3%A9mon-xy-oras.391282/

>>127732931
Sorry.

>>127732921
spider exploit
sliderhax
oothax
ninjhax
themehax
>>
Guys I fucked up. Don't feel like explaining how.

How can I start over?
>>
Okay, so. I finished everything and such. But when I try to spoof my N3DS for Eshop access, it connects and recognizes my id for a second before sending me away and telling me to update.

Did I goof something?
>>
What are the chances they block people on 10.3 out of the browser when 10.4 comes out?
>>
I'm trying to run menuhax but I get Failed to open theme extdata. How do I exit homebrew to go back to the home menu and fix it?
>>
I picked Type 0 when setting up menu hax... did I fuck up?
>>
Do I need to keep nand.bin and emunand.bin on my SD card, or are they just used for backups?
>>
Ok, after much thinking and shitting in my pants I downgraded my 3ds. Am I safe now? Can I try to install the cfw without any brick problems?
>>
>>127733175
Big time.
>>
>>127732840
asking again just incase
>>
When you install a game, you can delete the .cia right?
>>
>>127732961
Nevermind, I really am retarded and need to learn how to read. Another dumb question, though; would would I want to unlink my NAND or whatever? What purpose does it serve?
>>
File: image.gif (187KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
187KB, 192x192px
>>127733185
Yes, that was the scary part. Just don't update sysnand
>>
File: image.jpg (685KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
685KB, 1536x2048px
Post emunands.
>>
File: 3dshack.png (48KB, 983x566px) Image search: [Google]
3dshack.png
48KB, 983x566px
I'm using the recommended SysUpdater from the pastebin,
I have only gotten black screens in rows, is there anything wrong? My 3ds is n3ds.
>>
>>127732868
no problem breh

good luck with the rest of the process, it's lenghtly but worht it
>>
for 2ds I use the same files as old 3ds in the pastebin?
>>
>>127733247
Yeah
>>
>>127733185
yeah bro, just get a emunand and you are good to go.
>>
>>127733151
Pretty likely seeing as this is Nintendo's bread and butter

>>127733364
Yes
>>
Right guys, I have two 4GB SD's, and I'm formating my nand with gateway right now.
But I got a question, I'll still be able to play my games on sysNAND with the other SD, which have all my games?
>>
File: tumblr_nvm22fcOC21rc0ynmo4_1280.jpg (177KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nvm22fcOC21rc0ynmo4_1280.jpg
177KB, 1280x720px
Is Yokai Watch legit .cia has been uploaded?
>>
>>127733102
>Don't feel like explaining how.
enjoy literally no one trying to help you then
if you don't explain how, how are we supposed to tell you if you can start over, if it's fixable, or how to do it?
try L+R+A+Up arror right as it boots, if you want to update back to 10.3 and fix a softbrick
>>
>>127731489
Aa far as I understood the FAQ and n3ds anons, the process might take several attempts.
Not scared of bricking because if I can read I should be able to not fuck up.
Just a bit lazy/impatient
>>
I keep rebooting and loading the sysupdater but it's still not starting the downgrade process. I'm using Julian20's build and tried it with menuhax and ironhax.

Waah ;_;
>>
>>127729671
I thought you could restore sysnand as long as you have a backup. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
>>
>>127733228
Are you messing with me or can you explain how I fucked up?
>>
I can't get into rxtools with MSET after updating my emunand. Is there any way to get this fixed? I can't figure it out. (It worked once when I tried using a different build, but stopped working after that)
>>
File: 1436139896209.jpg (69KB, 611x548px) Image search: [Google]
1436139896209.jpg
69KB, 611x548px
>>127729998
>>127729998
>>127729998
bump
>>
>decide I want to play Rune Factory 4
>Can't find .cia of it anywhere besides in nipponspeak
>ok I'll convert the .3ds to a .cia
>can't because I'm not on 4.x
Life is suffering

by the way, is 3dsiso the only site that works? mega3dsblogspot just makes me end up on linkpays or whatever forever, and roms43 is literally shit.
>>
>>127733441
Sorry I scared you that much haha, you didn't fuck up nothing really, it's fixable. It's not a mistake, just an option.
>>
>>127733185
How many tries bro?
I'm like on my 50 try and half black screens
>>
Few questions here, I'd love to have someone answer them.
I just downgrade to 9.2 on my N3DS, is it safe to follow this guide from here on out? https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-rxtools-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/
Also I can no longer boot the system into menuhax, is that normal after downgrading?
>>
>>127733064
>Bravely Default
>26,498 Blocks
Jesus Christ
>>
>>127733414
https://mega dot nz/#F!cc10iZ7I!6lsenuB_u1kvLukCOpDXSA
it's at the bottom
>>
>>127733495
You can convert .3ds to .cia using the simple CIA converter.
>>
Help. I updated my emunand to 10.3 and now the hommebrew lanucher won't run.
>>
>>127729459
please... someone?
>>
When I'm setting up cakes according to the pastebin what should I grab from the github? There's cakeROP.nds, cakes102.zip and code.bin. What do I take from there?
>>
>>127733383
>Pretty likely seeing as this is Nintendo's bread and butter
Should I even bother getting a 2DS now, then? No way it gets here before monday.
>>
>>127733504
Well I think I still fucked up considering I can't enter the homebrew launcher at all after installing rx tools and stuff
>>
>>127733582
Reinstall Browserhax.
>>
>>127731618

Here. I had the issue in this post:
>>127732304

And the fix below got it working. I don't know how, but it did.
>>127732438

Many thanks to this anon.
>>
>>127733645
Just buy the same thing at a Target or something and return the one being mailed to you
>>
>>127733084
>127733084
this guide is for, well, the pokemon games. my wording was a bit confusing but i was asking for a method usable with all titles.
>>
>>127733182
Please, they take up like 3GB together, and if I don't need them I'd like to know
>>
I have a downgraded o3DSXL on 9.2 and I'm trying to install the Homebrew Launcher on my sysNAND using Ninjhax. I'm using the most up to date files, but when I scan the 9.2 QR code it takes me to the installer for 1.1b. It's especially annoying since I'm trying to install Menuhax but it only works on 2.0 or higher.

Any ideas on what's happening?
>>
>>127732431
when using the first tutorial, sysnand asks me to update to link my nnid. I assume I shouldn't upgrade the sysnand so how did it work for you ,pal?
>>
>>127733653
Tell me exactly your process please.

I have a theory: you're using ctrboot right?
Return everything to before that, before the boot_hn and such.
>>
Am I fucked? I just installed menuhax etc, then powered up holding L trigger where I'm supposed to run sysupdater but it's not here. am I fucked? Really nervous
>>
>>127733539
Asking again, p-please anons
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>tfw Senran Kagura 2 cia installing
>>
>>127733573
like that is able to be installed on 10.3?
>>
i have rxtools, now how do i create emunand?
>>
Question:

In this link (https://mega.nz/#F!cc10iZ7I!6lsenuB_u1kvLukCOpDXSA) most of the info files with each game say that they haven't been patched to remove region lock. I can just run them through NTR to make them work fine, yes?
>>
>install yo-kai watch cia
>A software update is available

Should I update??
>>
>>127734007
dont forget the delicious dlc senpai 1.2 gigs worth of tits and ass
http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-format-dlc-s-themes-and-updates/269588-multi-senran-kagura-2-deep-crimson-dlcs-eur-usa.html
>>
>>127733918
YA BLEW IT
>>
Been playing Fire Emblem Fates now, but I'm reading that Amiibo support isn't in 9.2. I'm using a N3DS, how do I upgrade my emunand to 9.5?
>>
File: IMG_20160106_235007759.jpg (2MB, 1836x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_235007759.jpg
2MB, 1836x3264px
>>127728182
Uhh I'm getting conflicting information here, last screen also said I could relink it to this console. I'm even more confused now
>>
>>127733806
There isn't a guide for that, but it seems like it would be almost the same if not the same really. Just look into it a little. Apparently it's easier if there's already an updated made by Nintendo so you can look at how it's done.
My guess is that you just add the stuff from the romfs to the update, but I might be wrong.
>>
File: 1345907227370.gif (72KB, 287x344px) Image search: [Google]
1345907227370.gif
72KB, 287x344px
guys is it important to be able to link my nnid if i just want to play offline?
>>
>>127734014
oh wait, no, I misread what you said.
No, it's not a legit cia.
There probably won't ever be one, legit CIAs are from pre installed titles.
>>
>>127734097
download it the update from the iso site but yes
>>
>>127733879
I am using ctrlboot.

What do you mean Return everything to before that, before the boot_hn ?

I think I completely messed up the ctrl boot process.
>>
>>127733720
I got it to work. All just needed to restart emunand. I was using the .cia version by the way.
>>
>>127733539

You need to reinstall menuhax.
>>
>>127732724
Block size?
>>
File: HNI_0001.jpg (110KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0001.jpg
110KB, 432x528px
>>127733313
Okay.
>>
>>127733812
Copy them to your computer then tell them to fuck off
>>
>>127734218
H-How...I can't access the browser because I'm not up to date.
And what do I do from there to install everything?
>>
File: image.gif (853KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
853KB, 600x338px
What are the moeist 3ds games to pirate?

Pls I want diabetes
>>
so the old eshop keeps asking me to create a nnid what the fuck am i doing wrong
>>
>>127734182
yea but there is a preinstalled yokai watch 2ds and now that its able to be downgraded you can get the legit cia
>>
>>127734023
read the tutorials
>>
>>127733354
Someone? Is my pic okay?
Is getting black screens normal?
>>
how do I install gba games
>>
>>127734097
Yes
>>
>>127734337
>there is a preinstalled yokai watch 2ds
really?
weird, I thought they started just giving download codes instead of preinstalling
>>
>>127734309
try moco moco friends
>>
>>127734186
I meant update for the game
>>
Anyone else having trouble installing FBI to H&S app?

https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

I'm following this guide the letter and no matter what, whenever I try to boot H&S after injecting I just get an error screen and have to restart.
>>
Question about installing FBI.cia. I installed it and then went to emunand. emunand froze on me so I restarted and checked home menu. Home menu didn't have fbi on it. Do I need to reinstall fbi.cia?
>>
File: 1451954667283.png (158KB, 561x561px) Image search: [Google]
1451954667283.png
158KB, 561x561px
>>127733627
In addition could someone better explain the process/where the files should go for installing cakes? The pastebin has been great until now but it's just fucking confusing at this poin.
>>
Hey guys just imagine this, there is going to be a waitfag who will do all this shit next week or maybe later, at the same moment he tries to update his RX-U 9.2 to 10.3, Nintendo will drop 10.4
How hilarious would that be?
>>
>>127733869
haven't tried yet but doesn't sound good at all

seems we gotta stick to the second guide
>>
So where is the quote in OP from. These threads use to move slow as fuck so I could catch stuff if i was laye but ive probably missed like 5 threads because of work
>>
I've been using Gateway forever and ever and just using the web browser to launch it, but I decided I wanted to try out Menuhax so I won't need an internet connection to enter Gateway mode anymore.

Now note I have linked sysnand and emunand. Preferably, I'd like to keep it that way.

When I install menuhax to sysnand emunand will cease to load and hang on a black screen. If I uninstall menuhax it returns to normal and I get back in no problem. Is this just because my nands are linked? Does it have to do with theme settings? Is there a way to fix this without unlinking my nands?
>>
File: dsada.png (858KB, 888x546px) Image search: [Google]
dsada.png
858KB, 888x546px
Hey guys, could use some help here!
Okay, so I got everything running, emunands and all. My question is... what do I do if I want to swap to a bigger sd card? I heard of injecting emunands and such, but I was hoping someone could toss me a current, totally vouched for guide.

Speaking of which, does it matter if my bigger SD card is a microSD in an adapter? It still functions like an SD card, but I'd figure I'd ask! Thanks!
>>
File: 1448536608711.jpg (24KB, 640x491px) Image search: [Google]
1448536608711.jpg
24KB, 640x491px
>>127734007
thanks for the wallpaper
>>
I'm following the pastebin guide up until where I install TinyFormat. The installation fails.

Any idea why?
>>
File: image.png (187KB, 400x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
187KB, 400x750px
>>127734113
Holy shit thank you
>>
>mfw regionchanged emunand
>I can have JP emu and EU emu on the same N3DS, with another O3DS on US emu
haha fuck yo regions nintendo, suck my dick
>>
Does sysupdater need to be within a folder? I keep trying to downgrade with sysupdater and it's just not starting!!!
>>
>stick sd card adapter into computer sd card slot
>nothing happens
>panic
>look
>I stuck it in backwards

I'm not doin so hot right now
>>
>>127734298
asking again since this should have an easy answer
>>
Anybody has a CtrBootManager config that includes both rxTools and Cakes? I tried adding Cakes to the one I had but it just made both of them fail to boot. Also, why Cakes>rxTools? im on o3ds if that makes a difference
>>
>>127734547
what game is that
>>
What happens to what you have installed on your SD card? can you still use it or should i just go with a clean card to do all this hacking?
>>
So what is the browser exploit for 9.2?
I'm following this.
http://i.imgur.com/tH9FMpc.png
>>
>>127734483
https://mega.nz/#!ztEkCJDQ!6rmgxbxUJ20piWl673IcL0YfekeDwDyk-nnTF3KtQRg
has the update cia with it, the actual update can be installed as a .cia and is on every fucking game torrent site and 3dsiso
>>
So let's say I install a US cia game and want to apply a patch. However, the patch is region free. Will the patch work on the US version or only on other region free versions of the game?
>>
File: 1416786845841.gif (335KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
1416786845841.gif
335KB, 460x345px
>>127733869
is it absolutely necesssary that my nndi works? I just wanted to play games and I have been on this all day.
>>
>>127733918

Did you put the sysupdater files in the correct folder?
>>
>>127734547
Honestly it's as simple as running a program. Format emunand onto the new SD card then search for "emuNAND tool."
Press the extract emuNAND button when you have your old SD in then press inject emuNAND when you have the new SD in. That's literally it.
>>
>>127734493
Nevermind I think I figured it out. I've found where the key goes, where the cetk goes and where the firmware goes, but where does the firmkey file go?
>>
>>127734547
If you wanna swap SDs you'll have to

>get menuhax working again
>backup SD
>use emunand9 to make the partition again
>unlink by formatting

and it's done

And as long as both the sd card and the adapter are working, it's fine, I never used an actual SD card on my 3DS aside from the one that came with the 3DS back in the day
>>
>>127734547
you have to extrac emunand for your current sd card and inject it on the new one with emunand tools if you want to swap cards to not lose anything and it doesn`t matter
>>
>>127734137

Any help people?
>>
>>127734138
Do I need to do a system transfer if I want to keep my NNID? I really would rather not lose that. Also don't I need one to play online, what does everyone else do?
>>
Why does FBI keep failing to install my cia files? I tried reinjecting into Health & Safety, I even tried remaking the title.db and import.db and it still tells me install failed. What the fuck did I do wrong?
>>
>>127734656
Put it in /3ds like the guide told you to
updates folder goes at the root
might as well double check you didn't download the wrong update file if you're dicking around on the SD card
>>
>>127734547
Emunand tool. There's a gbatemp thread

>make emunand backup on bigger SD card using Gateways browser launcher
>backup smaller SD card with emunand tool
>emunand.bin will be made
>plug in bigger SD card and inject emunand.bin
>copy contents of smaller cards to bigger one
It still functions as an SD
>>
Formatting the sysNAND on the system to unlink my nands is just format system memory right?
>>
File: helpfulguy.jpg (78KB, 528x330px) Image search: [Google]
helpfulguy.jpg
78KB, 528x330px
>>127734547
here's a screenshot I took of another anon's post from the last thread,
>>
>>127734685
Rhythm Heaven: The Best+
>>
>>127733524
First try, I don't even know how, but I just did what the pastebins said me to do and that's it. I didnt even had to do some of the other things like booting that FTP-3DS, just pressed Y and waited. I even tought that it wouldn't work or that maybe it was a soft-brick case but it still says I'm on 9.2 after rebooting and stuff.
>>
>>127734937
gbatemp as a thread about that
>>
>>127734531
Anyone?
>>
>Summary: Wrong argument (0x8)
>Description: Invalid description (0x2f)
this is after being booted into cake, trying to install hblauncher and big blue menu. any help?
>>
>>127734947
open shop
>>
Can someone give me a more concrete guide to installing GBA .cias?

I'm pretty sure there's an easy way to do it that doesn't require patching AGB_FIRM. Using RxTools 3.0 nightly
>>
Following this guide: http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji

>You can unlink your NANDs at this point by formatting your sysNAND. To do this you can either remove your SD card and format sysNAND from the system settings, or get an application called TinyFormat (https://github.com/javimadgit/TinyFormat/releases) that won't require you to have your SD card out. All your data will still be safe on your emuNAND after you do so.

I used Tinyformat's only function, to format the SD card after getting Emunand the way it was described in the guide. Then I rebooted and the 3DS acts like it's factory settings. The guide mentions all my data is safe on the emunand after it...

1. How do I access the data on my emunand?
2. I previously formatted this card with all my bought games on it, but they're backed up. Once I get the cake stuff working, can I get my bought and backed up games safely? Well I guess it doesn't matter either way, but would save me some time.
>>
File: 85c6d5684e29e3a9f59de2131dedabed.jpg (248KB, 1000x1200px) Image search: [Google]
85c6d5684e29e3a9f59de2131dedabed.jpg
248KB, 1000x1200px
>>127733481
Anyone? I'm really disappointed that it isn't working after an update
>>
I'm getting a black screen with nothing when I boot up rx tools, what did I do wrong ?
>>
Guys is it normal to be nervous as hell even if you're reading the instructions perfectly
>>
>>127734964
Should it be in "/3ds/sysupdater" or just /3ds/? I've been trying to run it with Julian20's build. Maybe I should try Tux's build?
>>
>>127735318
yes.
>>
>>127734937
Read the op
>>127735318
Yes
>>
>>127735227
It doesn't let me enter eShop. If that's the case, then what did I do wrong?
>>
>>127735271
>The guide mentions all my data is safe on the emunand after i
That's the next step you idiot.
>>
>>127735318
Yes, I'm especially nervous about losing my NNID
>>
Anyone else having trouble with the time/date settings in emunand using RXTools? Trying to get Animal Crossing set up for my sister but time keeps desyncing by hours whenever the 3DS isn't being used
>>
>>127735318
I stared at the filename of the firmware for about 30 minutes
>>
>>127735180
im using FBI, if it wasn't obvious.
deleted the dbs, redid the thing, same thing
out of ideas
>>
>>127735268
perhaps some tiddy will draw attention
>>
So by Janaury 11th the browserhax won't work? Or at that time will they release an update that if you update it wont work?

I ask because my cousin can get one on the 11th and I want to know if he can still hack it if he doesn't update past 10.3?
>>
>>127733782
It's one of the cheap refurbs being sold by Nintendo right now.
>>
>>127735375
>>127735394
>>127735425
>>127735510
okay cool. that makes me feel a bit better
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-06+at+09.07.43).png (23KB, 1110x460px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-06+at+09.07.43).png
23KB, 1110x460px
What folder do I want to stick the dbs stuff into? Both have a dbs folder inside of them?
>>
>N3DS
>Menuhax into HBL
>select sysupdater
>If it doesn't blackscreen, get red text
>titleException:
>main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
>Failed to get CIA file info!

What the actual fuck am I supposed to do, I'm freaking out. I have a NAND backup from before I went full retard and updated, but I also formatted the system memory. Am I fucked out of intentionally hardbricking and then hardmodding into an appropriate firmware?
>>
>>127735608
he won't be able to use browserhax
>>
>>127735578
install on rxtools sysnand, then on emunand, make sure auto agbfirm is selected in rx tools
>>
>>127733429
You can. Gateway Menu, hold Up and press A on Downgrade Console and it'll restore sdmc:/NAND.bin to sysnand
>>
I unlinked using tinyformat and formatting my emunand. My eshop games, friends list, etc is all gone from my emunand. Can I clone my sysnand to it to get all that stuff back while keeping them unlinked?
>>
>>127735668
one folder is sysNAND, the other emuNAND
>>
>>127735357
Just "/3ds" feel free to try the different updaters, just be prepared to sit there resetting for a few hours.
>>
>>127734337
>>127734456
Yeah, somebody please gib Yokai Legit cia
>>
File: 1430241343040.png (967KB, 750x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1430241343040.png
967KB, 750x1000px
browserhax seems to be working on my n3ds
but with the starter kit loaded onto the sd card, running the exploit boots me back into homescreen.
Not currently invested in a downgrade, but I'm wondering if there's something so simple that I'm missing
>>
>>127735770
how do i know which one to stick the stuff from the dbs zip into?
>>
>>127735727
So you don't "lose everything forever" like the other guy said?
>>
>>127735770
Yep. I suggest making a NAND.txt in that folder so you can log which one is which.

Also probably good to have dbs in both folders, so you can install .cia on both NANDs for any reason you need to.
>>
>>127734486
It still isn't working for me, I'm going to have to redo the emunand building process again, aren't I?

Can I relink emu and sysnand?
>>
File: 32896528.jpg (1MB, 1304x3255px) Image search: [Google]
32896528.jpg
1MB, 1304x3255px
Using CTRbootmanager and I have rxtools 10/2 build. Things are fine now with the booting, but I'm trying to access the rxtools menu and every time I run it and hold R it skips it and goes straight to home page. The rxtools is working, I just want to get to the menu now.
>>
>>127735702
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/extended_nintendo_network_maintenance_on_the_way
>8pm Eastern until Tuesday, January 12
So this means that at 8pm on the 11th browserhax wont work?
>>
>>127735840
My method was checking date modified, as I setup the system yesturday, the timestamp matched

I unlinked this morning, so it's timestamp had been modified. so in my case, the older one was the emulated system
>>
>>127735704
Alright, now explain that like I'm retarded. Where and how do I install to sysnand? I thought RxTools couldn't install .cias on its own.
>>
>>127735698
I'm guessing you're using the libkhax build of julian20's sysupdater, your result is a perfectly normal failure, you should retry until you succeed.

I've retried a few times before switching to the SUlib build though
>>
>>127735976
I'm setting up the emunand right now in this guide http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
So I haven't unlinked anything yet.
>>
What would be the potential benefits of updating my n3ds-xl emuNAND from 9.2 to 9.5?
>>
File: IMG_0555.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0555.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>127733313
JP n3DS, 9.1
>>
>>127735846
Nope. I think you can even dump your EmuNAND with EmuNAND backup tool and inject that back into SysNAND if you wanted

The big thing is that each NAND will read a specific folder from the /Nintendo 3DS/ folder, and if it (and all the files in it) matches with your NAND's internal ID (which can change by formatting) then it should work, just as long as you're using the proper CFW in the proper NAND
>>
Before I fuck up, is it OK to update if we are in emuNAND where it has rx3D in front of the firmware number if we are on O3DS?
>>
>>127729998
>>127729998
byub
>>
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-3ds-simple-cia-converter.384559/
Is this retard proof enough? I'm using Cake.
>>
>>127735702
smashax should still work ya?
>>
I've tried all this shit and I still can't install cia.

>open eshop and close
>replace title.db and import.db
>reinject FBI into health and safety

what did I do wrong?
>>
>>127735782
I was just a little worried about trying Tux's build because I think I read that Tux's had a higher chance of bricking?

I'm using a o3ds though.

>just be prepared to sit there resetting for a few hours
/hbg/ was lying when some said these builds are "stable" now.
>>
>>127735926
hold L, they changed it for some fucking reason on the 10/2 build
>>
File: 1311179812329.png (48KB, 188x231px) Image search: [Google]
1311179812329.png
48KB, 188x231px
>>127729459
GUYS PLEASE

I'M SORRY ITS A STUPID QUESTION

BUT I COULD USE THE HELP
>>
>>127736052
Yes update to 10.3 IN emunad.
>>
File: 1452140498071.jpg (76KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1452140498071.jpg
76KB, 480x640px
I got here. I'm so close to having my shit boot on emunand without me going through browser. Why isn't rxTools working?
>>
>>127735180
I'm having the same problem. figure it out yet?
>>
File: IMG_0478[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0478[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Stuck at pic related while following http://pastebin.com/6BBug6nD

Anyone have any ideas?
>>
>>127736029
But it just seems so hopeless to keep trying without making any kind of progress. It seems like sheer luck that this might work eventually. I am downgrading to 9.0.0-20, does that matter?

Also, am I fucked out of hardmodding since I formatted my system memory, since I have a NAND backup from before that format?
>>
guys, I got the downgrade to start, and it says 'rebooting in 10 seconds' and it's been there for longer than 5 minutes.

Should I be worried? im on N3DS if that matters.
>>
>>127735927
browserhax will still work if you're on 9.2, otherwise i suggest you downgrade now or at least update to 10.3 and get ironhax+menuhax before the 10.4 update, because a softbrick will still screw you over, forcing you to update to 10.4

>>127736115
FBI injection is a pain in the ass. Use pastacfw to get into HBL, run FBI as a .3dsx, install FBI.cia to sysnand, then copy sysnand over to emunand

if you already unlinked Sysnand, extract NAND.bin from EmuNAND using EmuNAND Tool and restore it to sysnand by holding Up and pressing A on Downgrade Console in the Gateway Menu

>>127736201
Try running rxTools through HBL without CTRBootManager. If you still can't run it, then it's probably a bad version of rxTools
>>
Updating emuNAND is just doing a system update while on it right?
>>
So I ordered a 2DS from the Nintendo store but unless I can go back and change the shipping method I won't get it before Monday and I don't really have the money to buy from a local store. Am I fucked?
>>
>>127736293
Yeah
>>
FUCKING DOGSHIT CBRBOOTMANAGER CAN'T LOAD HBL 90% OF THE TIMES

FUCK THIS SHIT I'LL JUST BUY GAMES
>>
File: HNI_0019.jpg (68KB, 432x528px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0019.jpg
68KB, 432x528px
>>127733313
>>
>>127735510
I was at the red screen for an hour. Staring. Hesitant.
it was frozen anyways
>>
can someone just pls tell me why fbi won't install fire emblem fates eng patch
>>
>>127729459
Yeah, you can remove all the .cia files you've installed, they're just installer files. You will need to reinstall menuhax after the downgrade. Upgrading to 10.3 will not hinder your NNID usage. You can delete the "private" and "updates" folder, as well as the sysupdater.
>>
>>127736162
"stable" as in not getting bricked, softbricks can always be reset

I've downgraded my N3ds and it was perfectly safe
>>
>>127736284
If its bad, does that mean I will have to reinstall it?
>>
>>127736332
Bye.
>>
>>127736293
On O3DS, yes.

N3DS is a bit more complicated. You should use sysupdater (the original one by profi200) to get up to 9.5 EmuNAND. Choose Update and not Downgrade. Also, spoof NVER/TIGER to get access to eshop, and this isn't necessary for O3DS either
>>
>>127736203
no :(
>>
>>127736035
Asking again, what do?
>>
>>127736115
Are you sure you're not lacking space on your SD card? lol
>>
>>127736383
How many thousand tries did it take you?
>>
>>127736332
chill, just use mset bro
>>
Which exploit is your waifu/husbando, /hbg/?
>>
>>127736319
>>127736416
O3DS so that's cool, thanks
>>
>>127736162
I tried every sysUpdater that was available when I was downgrading an o3ds, I'd try not to worry.

>>127736240
Remove your SD card and reboot it, go to the system settings and check the firmware.
>>
>>127736204
It's not installing data? Try to use the data folder in it and try again
>>
so if I froze after updating emunand, should I just wipe the card and start over?

system's on 9.2
>>
>>127736405
Yeah, but all that really means is that you find a better build and replace the /rxtools/ folder and .3dsx/.smdh with the proper firmware files it wants you to include (check the readme of each rxtools build you use. there's so many different versions of it i don't even know which one is best for n3ds/o3ds anymore)
>>
>>127734772
>>127734831
>>127734838
>>127734990
>>127735028

Much appreciated, guys!
>>
Ok, so I downgraded to 9.2 successfuly using browserhax and menuhax, but I'm having some trouble after that.
My 3ds won't boot if I have my SD card in.
It boots fine if I take the SD off, and SD works fine if I insert it after 3ds has booted. I also get a blackscreen crash when trying to run rxTools from emunand, even though I did the FBI injection and it worked.

Any idea what of may be happening?
>>
Can anyone tell me why my SD card went from having 2g space to 800mb? I can't install shit with how much it got lowered.
>>
Anyone have DevMenu 6.22.cia? I need it to switch regions.
>>
>>127736492
I just rebooted and I'm now on 9.2.0-20U!

... that's the ideal firmware right?
Now what should I do?
>>
File: 1433959054730.gif (2MB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1433959054730.gif
2MB, 600x450px
>>127736050
confirming this. i used emunand9 backup tool and have a backup of my original sysnand. you can dump your nand with everything on it and just store it anywhere, i have it on my pc safe and snug surrounded by frog pics
>>
>>127736645
Delete the 10.3 payload because it thinks it's a 9.2 3DS now. Menuhax is crashing because of it, and you should reinstall menuhax for 9.2 via browserhax
>>
>>127736317
Pray to god that it's on a firmware capable of running browserhax and menuhax

Pray that you dont soft brick and have to be forced to update to 10.4 when it comes on monday

That's it really
>>
File: 1335216667129.gif (946KB, 280x235px) Image search: [Google]
1335216667129.gif
946KB, 280x235px
>tfw you finally get everything working perfectly
I want to thank all of you helpful anons, especially the guy who wrote the guides for retards like me
>>
>>127736218
Yeah only seeing one message for failure everytime can be discouraging, that's why I switched to the SUlib build. At least I get to see what progress I'm at before it failed.

A tip if you decide to switch to SUlib: you'll most likely get stuck at numbers 5 and 7, just reboot using L+R+down+B, it'll take you back to HBL. If it doesn't work, hard reboot using the power button and then go back to HBL to start again. I think I've spent at least 20+ tries before succeeding.

As for your last question, I'm not too sure but you should be able to restore if you have backup and hardmod it in
>>
>>127735892
can't even run Decrypt here
>>
following this guide
http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji
I have it to where it autoboots to hbl, then I go to cakes, boot into cakes, then use browserhax to get into hbl again, then fbi. I'm trying to install big blue menu and hbl loader. Both give me a wrong argument error.
>>
>>127736671
Buy a bigger SD card. Emunand is a hidden partition thats takes up a GB on your SD card>>127736715
>>
>>127736454
around 20, SUlib build in the pastebin
>>
>>127736671
emunand takes up quite a bit of space.
>>
>>127736037
Anyone, I seems like an extra step for nothing if there's no benefits. Also, when I'm on 9.2 can I still play games from a cart without issue? (The only game on cart I have is MH4U, I'd hate to undo my work installing all of this by putting the cart in and having it break everything or something.)
>>
>>127736771
Not that guy, but my 2DS already shipped. The only thing that could fuck me is if Nintendo somehow disables browserhax when 10.4 comes out.
>>
File: IMG_0479[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0479[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>127736542

Okay, so we got past that but now pic related

I'm so goddamn close aren't I?
>>
>>127732802
pls help
>>
>>127736115
You probably forgot to repair database like me. Check your software in settings and you get error. Repair
>>
>>127735668
If they already have it you don't need to add it.
>>
>>127735892
Dump EmuNAND with EmuNAND Tool and rename the dump to "NAND.bin" and put it on root

Get into Gateway Launcher (there's a .3dsx version in the Gateway Download .zip) and hold Up when pressing A on Downgrade to restore your original NAND (which is EmuNAND's NAND.bin) back into SysNAND
>>
>thread is slower down
About time
>>
File: YCK8EDZgif.gif (377KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
YCK8EDZgif.gif
377KB, 300x169px
So I started with an old3dsxl on 10.3.

I downgraded to 9.2 according to retard guide in OP, worked great.
I have browserhax and menuhax working.
My nands are backed up and shit.
I have rxTools successfully installed, and my health and safety overwritten with FBI, also according to guide in OP.

So now, to install a .cia, is all I have to do drop it into root and then install it via the replaced health and safety?

H-have I finally made it?
>>
>>127736969
Decrypt9 just has a really high failure rate
>>
Alright, I'm starting to wonder if I should go through the procress of unlinking nands before monday. I have rxTools set to coldboot and don't have anything (that I know of) on my sysnand, multiple backups of my Sdcard's content, is it worth unlinking? what're the perks since I've already got coldbooting into rxtools?
>>
"Copy everything to the SD card. There are three files that end in .here (two are in /cakes/ ) you will need to copy the actual files so they are next to the .here files."

what are actual files
>>
>>127736724
Yep, now follow the guides on installing CFW.

>>127737087
Keep trying, there's else you can do.
>>
>>127728683
>>127730253
error code 2920?
>>
It's giving me a "Summary: Out of Resource" when I install my cia, does that mean I'm lacking the memory?
>>
>>127729998
>>127729998
>>127729998
I hope lewds help my call
>>
>>127737120
Would that keep the firmware on synand to the lower version?
>>
>>127736989
I should be installing to SD right?
>>
>>127737226
They should be linked right below in the pastebin.
>>
Everything on 3dsthem.es is shit. How can I make my own?
>>
File: 1424202074238.png (488KB, 322x387px) Image search: [Google]
1424202074238.png
488KB, 322x387px
I set autoboot with rxTool up on type 2. Goes through the loader into rxTool--but then it loads the loader again, followed by a red screen.

Going back to type 1 lets me boot into emunand.

What's the deal? Did I make a mistake?
>>
>>127737054
Is the firmware.bin in the right place
>>
>>127737187
yes, if you get problems with FBI just enter the e Shop once and you are done son
>>
File: 655647-parsee_mizuhashi_default.jpg (18KB, 300x401px) Image search: [Google]
655647-parsee_mizuhashi_default.jpg
18KB, 300x401px
guys is is necessary that my NNID is linked to install the cia game files ? because it wasnt in the guides and i don't get the tutorial to fix the 022 error.
>>
>>127737318
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-make-a-custom-3ds-theme.377533/

If you want to use it on EmuNAND, get https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-howling-theme-tool-create-your-own-cia-theme-packages-with-custom-and-official-themes.401081/ and pack all your themes as a single .cia and install via DevMenu/FBI
>>
>>127737275
yes.
>>
ok I'm following this

>https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-rxtools-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

I'm using an N3DS USA, I can't figure out how to get rx tools to boot up properly.
I'm using ctrl boot and I'm also using Menu hax. I don't understand why when I try to boot up rx tools I get a black screen and nothing else.
>>
>>127737312
oh those are dummy files. the wording confused me.
>>
>>127737325
Its type 1 that paste needs to be fixed
>>
>cakes just brings up a black screen
fuck, I feel like I messed something up during emunand shit
>>
>>127737473
'paste'?
>>
>>127737296
format the 3ds with sd card out it worked when i did the same thing
>>
Hey /vg/ I was using this guide to downgrade and CFW but I still got a few questions

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

1. I got to this step
>If you choosed the Cakes method in the first part you can just continue to use it : just replace the 9.2 firmware.bin with the 9.5 one and check the emunand patch.
I did use cakes and I replaced the 9.2 firmware with the 9.5 one and checked both the signature and emunand patch in cake, is that all I have to do, or do I have to update in sysupdater or something?

2. I never used the online on my 3DS (since I got it today), how do I make a friend ID and all that jazz so I can play online?

3. Should I unlink my NANDs? Will that help me play online?
>>
File: fuckthesalt.jpg (5KB, 600x46px) Image search: [Google]
fuckthesalt.jpg
5KB, 600x46px
fuck you salt team :^)
>>
>>127737350

Where should it be?

Also are you referring to the one I believe I'm supposed to take from reinand?
>>
File: 1448598672487.png (310KB, 721x598px) Image search: [Google]
1448598672487.png
310KB, 721x598px
>trying for 3 days/3 nights
>still can't pirate games
>>
I managed to launch cakeFW with emunand patch and signature disabled patch enabled following this link http://pastebin.com/ndvW5Aji I'm on n3ds with sysnand 9.2 and emunand 9.5 tried fbi, bigblue and dev menu and I can't for the life of me install non legit cia

is it something wrong in my config (I also tried rxtools 2.6 and nightly) anybody with a N3DS managed to install non legit cia? pleeeeeeease (I've been doing good so far but I've been on this since 11 am and I tried anything to disable those godamn signature)

thank you
>>
>Check Pastebin and the Anon sharing
>VC Injected FFV
How the fuck do I install this on a N3DS?
It can't be as simple as just installing the CIA and that's it?
>>
>>127737503
Pastebin guide for auto booting emunand m8
>>
File: Crying-Terrorist.jpg (223KB, 580x866px) Image search: [Google]
Crying-Terrorist.jpg
223KB, 580x866px
>>127737543
Literally same boat here man I know this pain
>>
>>127735927
If that long. Do bear in mind that it's possible, however unlikely, that the "network maintenance" and the inevitable 10.4 fix are actually distinct and the timing is coincidental.

Don't delay, because 10.3 really isn't guaranteed tomorrow.
>>
How do I transfer my 3ds pre-format saves with the svdt?
>>
Been trying to get browserhax working so I can downgrade. I'm able to get the URL in and stuff but the I just get a black screen on top and a red screen on the bottom. What have I done wrong?
>>
For those trying to boot into rxTool follow the steps under "Launching rxTools at Boot - Menuhax!"
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/
>>
File: 1292193788018.jpg (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
1292193788018.jpg
53KB, 256x256px
>>127734536
Re-asking.
Any help with this? Any idea why menuhax would be preventing emuNAND from loading?
>>
>>127737589
If you're on N3DS, why not just use Retroarch's PocketSNES?
>>
>>127737372
yeah I think the tutorial is kinda unclear too

will leave that for tomorrow I guess
>>
>>127737512
okay
format it on sysNAND or normal NAND
also what to do after that?
>>
i'll pay someone a steam game up to 15 bucks if they walk a retard through getting cia manager on a n3ds

i just finished installing rxtools 2.6 on my n3ds, but im not sure how to get the cia manager down.

>>
>only working MEGA link I can find for Rune Factory 4
>have to go through linkbucks to get to it
>countdown to skip ad ends but never lets me continue to mega
>disable adblock thinking that's the problem
>Refresh
>get bombarded with full screen porn ads

Jesus fucking christ what's a guy gotta do to play some weebshit around here
Anyway to get past linkbucks?
>>
>>127737528
2nd for this and to install cia
>>
>>127737540
Yeah i believe n3ds uses a different firmware bin then the one given in the guide
>>
>>127737669
I assumed that emulators were shit at this point, I'll check it out anon
>>
>>127736381
I can delete the private folder?
I've had that before I used homebrew though.
>>
>>127737495
Nevermind, got it working after 3 tries. Should I get big blue menu and hblauncher loader now?
How do I use cakes now that I have it?
>>
>>127736618
This is so strange. When I launch rxtools from the browser, it will start emunand just fine, but when I try to boot it from startup, it won't.
Bad version huh? I guess I'll live with it.
>>
>CIA installation is slow as fuck
Everything is okay right?
>>
File: 1447602223858.jpg (18KB, 292x302px) Image search: [Google]
1447602223858.jpg
18KB, 292x302px
>download a bunch of games
>all in .3ds
>I have to convert it to .cia
>I have to wait for it to install

I just want to play video games
>>
>>127737802
The private folder is some leftover garbage data. You can safely delete it.
>>
File: What_are_birds.jpg (30KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
What_are_birds.jpg
30KB, 600x337px
>>127737037
m8's
>>
>>127737540
/rxtools/sys
>>
>>127737701
Look up linkbucks skip extension for chrome, might work.
>>
File: my b.png (171KB, 294x294px) Image search: [Google]
my b.png
171KB, 294x294px
>>127737653
nvm forgot to have boot.3dsx in
>>
>>127737849
Yeah, that's just normal. Don't sweat it and make a sandwich.
>>
>>127737856
>getting free shit
>being fucking desperate
Come on son.
>>
I'm finally off this ride, emuNAND successfully set up and ready to use my portable pirateship
>>
>>127736604
for what it's worth, I still have my nand.bin backed up

will that save me any time at all?
>>
>>127737824
Which website are you using to load rxTools? Are you booting up with CTR, and if you are what does your .cfg look like?

There are two different versions of rxTool booting: sdmc:/rxTools/sys/code.bin and sdmc:/RxTools.dat

The latter is much outdated by now
>>
Can someone link me to somewhere where I can figure out where all this shit works on the n3ds so that I don't have to be a shitter here asking if I'll brick every time I use the internet, update, or get a new game?
>>
>Can't install CIA using cakes and menuhax on emuNAND
> CIAS Install fine on sysNAND using minipasta

I just get the argument error from FBI in emuNAND. I don't see why I can install everything find sysNAND and not emu

It's just a brick waiting to happen
>>
So I launch the browserhax, and use it to launch Pasta. 3DS resets to the homescreen as planned. But then when I go back to the browser and try to go to the URL again it tells me there was an error. Only choice I have is to restart. If it doesn't do this then when I go to the URL the screen flashes yellow and then the bottom screen turns grey. I can still move the page around on the top but none of the buttons work. Does this on both Pasta and mini. Any help?
>>
>>127737750

So is that a yes for reinand's firmware.bin on a n3ds?

I still need to know where the firmware.bin goes
>>
>>127737856
Just find CIA downloads.
>>
File: dcOBuVkgif.gif (1MB, 308x212px) Image search: [Google]
dcOBuVkgif.gif
1MB, 308x212px
>>127737356
>>127737187

Fucking fuck.

Install failed! Database does not exist (0x2b).

What happened? I booted into emunand via rxTools, went into health and safety and everything looked good, and then instant failure once I start the install.

Am I missing something obvious?
>>
File: 1452058540234.jpg (15KB, 168x200px) Image search: [Google]
1452058540234.jpg
15KB, 168x200px
>answer a bunch of retards questions for people who cant fucking read the OP
>no one can tell me where the quote "someone i can call to get my money back " is from

wew guys
>>
>>127737870
Gameyob and blargnes also have .cia I can use now too right? So I was going to remove them from the homebrew apps, but I should leave the roms where they are right? Or do roms need to be injected via .cia too?

Last question, thanks a bunch
>>
File: image.gif (140KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
140KB, 500x281px
>>127737701
http://unlimitzone.com/6ju7pnist3sp/CIA_18.rar.html
>>
>>127737685
I formatted sysnand and then the black boxes no longer appeared i really don`t know why but it worked sorry i can`t be of more help
>>
is http://www.3dsiso.com/ the best site to use for .cias?
>>
>>127738091
That was from a thread about 6 hours ago.
>>
>>127738028
enter through the qr code
>>
>>127738091
it's the autist that threatened to sue the thread when he bricked his shit, no?
>>127732613
>>
>>127738091
Are you genuinely curious where its from or are you illustrating how new the bunch of retards are?
>>
>>127738062
gotta open the eshop at least once senpai
>>
>>127738062
Oh my fucking god why dont you faggots use google before asking stuff holy shit
>>
>>127737993
Great

No it's time to become Tech Support
>>
>>127737647
Self bump cause fuck I am not restarting my MH4U and pokemon saves.
>>
>>127737445
Which version of rxTools are you using? I don't think 2.6 works.
>>
>>127738216
My 3DS camera is actually broken.
>>
>>127737870
Oh and one other dumb questions, are any other files in the root ones I don't need? Obviously if I remove blarg I'm removing the blarg related files but anything else?
>>
>>127738247
>>127738250

Of course I ran the eShop, dudes. That was in the first response to my question. I ask because it's perplexing and I thought I knew what was going on. The error remains
>>
fug, why is the busty may patch only for ss 1.1

if I want it I have to download as and manually patch in both hacks, then rebuild the cia
>>
>>127738220
Thanks desu

>>127738221
a little of both
>>
people having trouble with error 022-2634 on eshop can try this (from gbatemp)

1) Backup emunand and backup its folder in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/ (easier method: add a _ or something at the end of the folder so you don't have to copy it off your SD card, OR cut/paste it to the root of your SD card)
2) Go in emunand system settings, pick system format
3) Let it do its thing
4) Log into your NNID on newly formatted emunand
5) Restore emunand backup and put its folder back in sdmc:/Nintendo 3DS/

022-2634 happens when your NNID is unlinked from your 3DS on Nintendo's servers, but still linked to your 3DS on your nand.
So you attempt to log in with it, but the servers see it as not being linked to your 3DS, so it throws an error.

The way to fix it is to log into that NNID on the same 3DS, either by accessing NNID settings on sysnand and logging in from sysnand (difficult to do because it asks for system update, can be spoofed but more trouble than it's worth)
Or you can log onto that NNID from emunand again, and that is why you format emunand from system settings. This officially unlinks your NNID from your emunand, then you can link it again once it has finished formatting.
Then simply reinjecting the emunand backup you made prior to system format will give you back your emunand linked to your NNID, but this time it will work because the information has been updated in Nintendo's servers.

Formatting emunand from GW launcher is more trouble than it's worth considering you have to wait for it to format, backup your entire SD card, put everything back, do manual firmware update in emunand system settings, zzz
When you only really need any way of linking that NNID to your system again. For this, backup emunand and rename Nintendo 3DS folder, format emunand in system settings, link NNID again in system settings, restore emunand backup, rename Nintendo 3DS folder back is enough. Nintendo's servers just need a refresher.
>>
>>127738012
try here fampai >>127726445
>>
>>127738268
I'll gladly help out when I can, it's the only reason I got through it.
>>
>>127738057
I wish it was that simple anon. The things I downloaded are modded packs and some undubs
>>
>>127737528
Bumping this, sorry if it's obvious but I can't find the answers
>>
File: CurrentSDCard.png (25KB, 571x441px) Image search: [Google]
CurrentSDCard.png
25KB, 571x441px
So I'm trying to get rxtools to autoboot using this guide: http://pastebin.com/6BBug6nD

I have everything where it needs to be, but it just boots into the normal system menu whenever I use it

There is a step in the guide that says "once menuhax 2.1 is installed go to configurations and set it to autoboot (type 2)"
I did that, but was unsure which button I should use or if I should set a button for it at all. Did just fuck up the PAD or am I just missing some key files like a retard?
>>
>>127738007
Going through sysnand, I'm using the browser to load up rxTools. Just the good ole launch.rxTools.net address. This boots me up into 2.6 rxTools.

However, trying to get it to boot on start up won't work. I believe it is booting from rxTools/sys/code.bin.
Should I just make it boot from rxTools.dat at the purple screen? When I do that it just freezes.
Thanks by the way, this is intensive shit
>>
File: Capture.jpg (17KB, 573x125px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
17KB, 573x125px
So where do I put these?
>>
>>127738389
In emunand? Try creating import.db and title.db then
>>
>>127738439
That's guides on how to install the homebrews.

Writing a step by step guide for your grandfather on how to reinstall windows 95 won't make him proficient in using windows 95.
>>
>>127738306
did you save your sd card content somewhere before formating it? you can just drag/drop them into it boot into emunand and your games and savefile should be there
>>
>doing pastebin
>have to install fbi.cia
>do it
>continue on
>realize it didnt work after i've already done the emuNAND stuff and formatted my system and popped it back in and have an emuNAND
>go to fbi
>try installing
>install failed
>try installing bigbluemenu
>install failed
I fucked up. What now?
>>
>>127738516
all go on sd root
>>
>>127738318
only thing i can say is to keep trying through browser, the qr code worked right away for me, try using 3ds.reboot.ms
>>
Why doesn't the 3D work anymore?
>>
>>127738317

It's in the link in my other comment but I think it's rx nightly ?

Does rx nightly not work on N3DS?
>>
File: 6561312.jpg (153KB, 772x812px) Image search: [Google]
6561312.jpg
153KB, 772x812px
Anybody know anything about compatibility issues with 3DS CFW and CCP? Trying to play MHX but it refuses to detect my CPP.

On that note I still haven't been able to boot into rxTools with CtrBootManager. Already tried a lot of different files, versions and paths, but it always either freezes or gives me a red screen. Using version 2.6 as it has at least worked better with the browser boot. Also can't seem to launch MHX with Cake, even with NTR for some reason. Only works with rxTools.
>>
>>127738620
Ah thanks anon
>>
>>127738598
what's error message pops up it'd help figure it out
>>
>>127738540

And just drop em into root? So those just need to exist, and are supposed to be created when the eShop runs, but since FBI can't find em it's failing? If they can be empty files that just might work...
>>
>>127738630
Right after I posted that it worked. Except now when I launched FBI it froze on a black screen.
>>
I managed to successfully get my emuNAND and sysNAND going and separate, but I think I fucked up in the process even though everything is installed. I apologize in advance for flooding this general with more dumbass questions.

Is rxTools supposed to be reinstalling itself everytime I boot? And is there a particular reason why it crashes to home screen (in emuNAND mode) if I don't specifically press L?
>>

>You may also want to update your emuNAND to be newer than your sysNAND
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-update-emunand-on-a-n3ds.393701/
If you're on an O3DS, you can just go to System Settings and update (MAKE SURE YOU'RE STILL ON YOUR EMUNAND OR YOU'LL LOSE ALL YOUR HARD WORK)

Which "System Settings" are they referring to? I boot into EmuNand, and when I try the default 3DS system settings, I duck back out just to make sure I'm still in EmuNand but I never am, it just spits me back out into normal 3DS home screen. I'm a bit nervous to try a system update knowing that settings somehow messes it up.

Either way I'm going to attempt to get ctrbootmanager on there so maybe it'll be easier once that's accomplished. Though, the next step does say

>To start with, go to your sysNAND and make sure you've loaded a theme. I touched on this further up, but you've probably formatted sysNAND since then, so you'll have to do it again.

Which type of formatting specifically will I be using again? Tinyformat after backing the card up again? Maybe I don't need this part.

If not, I think I'll just go into the NTR stuff.
>>
If I want to move game data from one SD card to another, do I simply have to move the Nintendo 3DS folder from one SD to the other?
>>
>>127738695
once they're on sd root, go to launch.rxtools.net, it'll create the rxtools files in root/rxtools and boot you into rxtools proper
>>
>>127738667
I may have misread. How are you booting up rxTools? By auto coldboot?
>>
>>127738540
careful after importing those, it'll ask you to format your saves and data to repair the data management. backup the whole sd card just to be safe
>>
is there anything I have to worry about when going online on pirated games? Really don't wanna fuck anything up
>>
>>127738716
I know what happened. Somehow I fucked up pasta, so it did work the first time but then something else fucked up. Is there a way to reset my progress back to the start of the emunand formatting?
>>
So, RxTools didn't work I don't know why, I installed miniPasta but, how do I know I'm on emuNAND?
>>
Do 64 and 128gb SD cards work for 3DS? I just got my 3DS recently so I'm not sure.
>>
What are the differences between rxtools, cakefw, and pastafw? Can I just use rxtools and forget about the others?
>>
>>127738889
simply delete the files on your sd card and download new ones, pasta doesn't install anything on your system itself afaik
>>
File: 1452031518700.gif (988KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1452031518700.gif
988KB, 250x250px
>>127738865
I'm booting it by going to browser hax and pressing down on the d pad ( sorry I not an expert).
>>
>>127738881
No
>>
>>127738592
Where do I put emunand?
>>
>>127737879
>>
>>127737528
fuck a duck someone help me out
>>
I tried booting rxTools with ctrbootmanager, but I get the Couldn't Load Arm9 Payload error.
What to do?
>>
>>127739034
If I succeed with installing FBI, where would it be on my system without going into the homebrew launcher?
>>
>>127736907
>>127737031
When you say to SUlib, are you refering to the repost of TuxSH in the first pastebin? Or Julians? I'm seeing both in the first, and only Julians in the second.
>>
where do can I get the update to run mhx?
>>
For installing games I open the cia with FBI right? Can I delete it afterwards? And if I want to uninstall the game do I just uninstall it like any other game from setting?
>>
>>127738745
when that happened to me i ran pasta again
>>
how can i delete something from sysnand while unlinked? do I just go straight into it from system settings?
>>
>>127734728
It has a password anon
>>
For rxtools, on a n3ds, do I use the reinand firmware and where do I put it?
>>
>>127738992
64 do, no reason 128 shouldn't also work as long as its formatted properly.

>>127739140
FBI replaces Health and Safety app. Once there, then grab the latest version of FBI and install that (via H&S) and it'll add an icon to your home screen.

>>127739220
yes, install cia with FBI. Once installed, you can delete the cia file. Uninstall is same as any other.
>>
>>127738689
You'll have better luck in /mhg/, there's a lot of CFW users there.
>>
>>127739297
Does it still look like H&S or does it change?
>>
Where's the guide for autobooting rxtools?
>>
>>127739297
>FBI replaces Health and Safety app. Once there, then grab the latest version of FBI and install that (via H&S) and it'll add an icon to your home screen.

It never did this for me, I always had the icon on my home menu
>>
>>127739130
Help?
>>
File: 20160104_205016.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20160104_205016.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
Why do DSiWare games give me this error msg?

I installed them in Nand.
>>
So after downgrading to 9.2, should I also go ahead and reinstall menuhax before formatting emuNAND? Or just go straight to emuNAND and rxtools?
>>
>>127727642
if I format emuNAND, then go back to gateway and restore a different NAND, will that unlink my nands?

or should I just format the system again if I don't have anything to lose?
>>
File: 1430169652278.png (10KB, 408x286px) Image search: [Google]
1430169652278.png
10KB, 408x286px
Good games to download? Also any progress with the Great Ace Attorney fan translation, or did it never start?
>>
Will my CFW break if I try to use a game cart? Probably a retard question, but just incase.
>>
>>127739416
looks exactly the same but see below

>>127739447
weird, could just be we followed different guides. I had to use the png to get everything installed (injected FBI via rxtools 2.6 or whatever)
>>
>>127739517
Find the patched TWL_FIRM and install it to SysNAND via FBI (to NAND)/Dev Menu

If you don't have a NAND backup, do it now because this can be a dangerous process.
>>
File: 1451461697044.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
1451461697044.gif
1MB, 371x209px
le help me i axidentist my Super Nintendo three D ess plx
>>
File: 16654600.png (297KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
16654600.png
297KB, 500x500px
>>127739352
Already figured it out, was the batteries, but I'm really miffed about my inability to setup rxTools right.
>>
>>127739035
Uh, don't really know what to tell you. I'm guessing you haven't initialized rxTools yet? Make sure Menuhax can get booted before you try to autoboot rxTools.
>>
>>127739535
get menuhax on sysnand, imo. no harm in doing so, just in case shit goes down.

>>127739607
nope, at least my pokemans OR cart hasn't given me grief. nor has my legit eshop smash. both on emunand
>>
These softbricks are driving me fuckin' mad.
>>
>>127739535
Yes, reinstall menuhax, you'll need it if you want to autoboot rxtools
>>
>>127739607
no. you can still play cartridge games perfectly fine. I don't speak for the new 3dses though, I don't know if 9.5 is limited in any way.
>>
>>127739635
I guess I can live without DSiWare.

I was never told about this TWL thing, never heard of it until now.
>>
File: help.jpg (67KB, 720x1230px) Image search: [Google]
help.jpg
67KB, 720x1230px
ok, I managed to downgrade my 2ds to 9.2, did everything like the pastebin but after doing the restore database step I can't open browserhax anymore, it only gives me this error, help?
>>
>5 hours of struggling and playing it safe
>installing games, DLC and injected GBA roms left and right

Thanks guys, it's been a blast.
>>
Noob here trying to install themehax, I run the CIA from emunand and I should be able to boot into rxtools from sysnand once the exploit is installed right?
>>
How do I reset the emuNAND back to what it was before I formatted it so I can unfuck FBI and re make the emuNAND?
>>
>>127739838
with browserhax, try, try again.

you'll be fine on 9.2. clear cookies,reboot, etc.
>>
>>127739234
I got around it by pressing L when pasta restated the system to go straight to the Homebrew menu. Now I got FBI installed!
>>
>sd card reader keeps failing
how flimsy are these fucking things holy shit
>>
>>127739838
>open internet browser in 2ds
>reset/erase history & cookies
>if you want to, reset 2ds. (only do if it freezes when you hit url)
voila, go to your site for menuhax/rxtools/whatever.
>>
>>127739060
you can't mode emunand from your sdcard so idk what you mean
>>
>>127739635
do you really need a patched twl firm i thoug you only had to install the dsi ware on sysnand
>>
Where are the kids bricking their shit
I was promised kids bricking their shit

>>127739812
Will n3dses eventually get cfw on 10.3, or is it really unlikely?
>>
>>127739889
are you using fbi?
>>
File: potentialcrying.png (427KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
potentialcrying.png
427KB, 640x480px
>Every emunand autoboot or coldbooting doesn't work for me on emunand o3ds 10.3
>rxTools 2.6 worked fine but muh browser every time
Why?
>>
Why are people still using rxTools? Cakes is better.
>>
>>127739985
I'd rather never return to sysnand again, doing everything from emu is so much better. That's why I unlinked them in first place.
>>
>>127739993
SALT showed an N3DS running CFW on 10.3 a few days ago, so it's definitely possible. Sometime in the future. Maybe. All we can pray for is that the non-cuck devs eventually figure out how to get 9.6+ running.
>>
>>127739948
>>127739918
thanks, worked now
>>
I just bought a N3DS tonight. I'm piss scared of doing anything that might brick it though.
>>
>>127739985
Maybe. The newer CFWs auto-patch it but you still have to run it in SysNAND. This applies to AGB_FIRM (GBA VC injection) too
>>
>>127739993
Who knows, there was a vid showing them like the other anon said, but I'm 99.99% certain those guys won't release it. so it depends on the people who actually want to make and share the cfw/hax.
>>
Has anyone found a link to all the SMT4 dlc? The link on 3dsiso is dead. That's the only dlc I'm still looking for.
>>
>>127740026
Try this 3.0 build I used, it boots almost every time, also O3DS 10.3 emunand. >>127732217
>>
>>127740040
because guides in OP all recommend rxtools. and everyone else is using it so better chance of help from other anons
>>
>>127740139
So I need sys just if I want to emulate GBA and DSiWare.

I struggled a lot just to get 3ds games running, I'm happy with that only, I don't want to link nands or fuck my everything I've achieved.
>>
>>127740201
I'll try, thanks anon
>>
>>127740040
No it isnt. Alot of people don't use it compared to rxtools, you just want to feel like a special snowflake because you do
>>
>>127739913
Please. I just need to get FBI on my emunand since I fucked it up before. Do I need to restore my sysnand or something?
>>
How long until Nintendo starts banning everyone with CFW?
>>
>>127740040
Can't run MHX in Cakes. Otherwise I'd gladly use it.
>>
File: 1312124543009.png (150KB, 629x396px) Image search: [Google]
1312124543009.png
150KB, 629x396px
Can anybody help me get flipnote studio 3d working?

Both the Japanese and USA version give me an error has occured message when trying to boot the cia, it's the only one that's done this so far.
>>
is there any benefit of playing gba games with native 3ds gba player over a dstwo plus?
>>
Fuckingfuck 4chan. I can't get past the spam filter. Does it check the contents of pastebins?
http://pastebin.com/9LRw4wW3
>>
>>127740201
another anon here. I used that very same version and when I load it from homebrew it goes into black screen quickly after displaying the banner, and if I use browser method it gets stuck in the banner
>>
>>127740471
It hasnt happened in 3 years and wont start now
>>
>>127740483
Seriously? Fuck cakes then, MHX is all I really want
>>
>still can't inject FBI to emunand

f-fuck
>>
For the guide I'm using it lists:
>PastaCFW Ninjhax 9.0-9.2 version from VerseHell's thread

Is this Pasta only for ninjihax? Or can I use it? If not, where is the pasta download I need?
>>
>>127740525
Holy shit finally. This is how to get past linkbucks so you can download from that blogspot
>>
>>127740483
you can use ntrboot in cakes then it works. but its an extra hoop I guess.
>>
So I injected the FBI into the H&S but nothing has changed.
What do I do now?
Keep on trying to inject it until it works?
>>
>>127740502
>flipnote of all things

You honestly didn't download it when Nintendo was giving it out for free? How did you miss out on that?
>>
>>127740404
how do you mean your emunand is fucked? If it boots, and you have rxtools, you can boot into that and inject FBI that way.

You could copy sysnand to emunand and start over.
>>
>>127740657
Mine doesn't launch even with NTRBoot.
>>
>>127740040
Explain why instead of being a bandwagoning faggot because someone on /hbg/ told you it's better.

You can't and you won't.
>>
>>127737570
anybody who had luck installing non legit cia games on N3DS can help me please?
>>
>>127740597
>Is this Pasta only for ninjihax? Or can I use it?
Same question here
>>
File: zafitte.png (64KB, 278x270px) Image search: [Google]
zafitte.png
64KB, 278x270px
I already downgraded, made emunand, unlinked and setup menuhax to outoboot into it.

Can i delete Ironfall now seeing as it doesn't work on 9.2 anyways?
>>
>>127740186
Nevermind, found it. Fuckin sweeeet.
>>
Help, how do I run DSiWare the easy way in emunand without touching sys?
>>
>>127740716
Oh really? Is there a guide for Rxtools? The pastebin I'm using only explains how to do cake
>>
File: 0003203013.jpg (96KB, 525x295px) Image search: [Google]
0003203013.jpg
96KB, 525x295px
>>127740703
We still haven't gotten it in europe.

I've been waiting all this time.
>>
>>127740758
Yes. The game itself is shit
>>
File: 1451871912333.gif (855KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451871912333.gif
855KB, 500x281px
>>127739948
>10.3.0 N3ds
>exploit runs but doesn't work
>see this post
"Oh fuck that's right"
>doesn't work

;_;7
I just want ftp
>>
>>127740758
yes. as long as you have an injection point on sysnand (menuhax, browserhax, etc). and, like you said, ironfall only works on 9.5+
>>
>>127740821
>>
After formatting my emunand when restoring eshop access, what will i need to reinstall?
>>
>>127740751
>>127740597

Anyone?
>>
I only have a 8GB SD, so I can't install a 3.3gb CIA. So I resorted to trying wifi install with FBI, but it always randomly gives me a misaligned size error. Google doesn't help with any solutions. Anyone have solutions or workaround the file size, or am I fucked?
>>
how do i update my gateway emunand to 9.5?
>>
Any ideas why I can't reinstall browserhax/menuhax on 9.2 o3ds after the downgrade? When I go to http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax_auto.php it'll just load a blank page and do nothing. Want to get these 2 homebrew access points before I create/backup the emunand as other anons have suggested above.
>>
When I unlink the sysNAND and emuNAND will I lose my smash DLC that I bought?
>>
>>127729757
can't you use save manager or is that cart only? get her a cart and ask her to suck it up and use acnl_editor to rebuild the town?
>>
File: 1529119601425861547.jpg (80KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1529119601425861547.jpg
80KB, 800x600px
What was your first pirated game with the downgrade? Mine was Pokémon SMD
>>
>>127740912
Oh man, this is pretty different than the other pastebin. Can I interchange the begining of the cake pastebin with the beginning of this?
>>
>>127741037
is it really blank or are you overlooking the slider on the bottom screen?
>>
>>127741074
>>127741074
You can pirate it back
>>
>>127741037
Should be a slider that's very small when opening the link, tap as far right as possible on it and pray. If it's not there then I'm not sure
>>
>>127741084
they have ridiculous cheat protection that prevents you even using another player's save, for instance
>>
>>127741007
I guess we'll have to lay the waiting game for any installing via wifi.
>>
>>127740830
I don't have a n3ds, but isn't there a way to get cfw to 9.5 or some shit? I'd assume it's minor differences at most?
>>
File: 1451054327652.jpg (28KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
1451054327652.jpg
28KB, 720x720px
I'm downgraded with menuhax installed atm, 9.2.0-20U on N3DS.

I'm about to go into the nitty gritty world of moving forward, emunand and sysnand are just words to me atm and scare the shit out of me.

But I can read guides, I can understand that shit fine, just gotta read.

My main question. I've heard that you end up having to unlink them to stop bugs and issues from popping up, but i've also heard that doing so basically deletes your friendlist and downloaded games and saves.

My question before I begin is thus, am I able to transfer my old downloads/saves/friendslista data back into the new nand after I end up linking them, so I dont lose anything? Or is it the simply the cost of doing buisness.

Thank you again homebrew general, you've helped an old shit get back into the game.
>>
So I launch rxTool in EmuNand mode.
Install game CIA
So can I upgrade right now for online? Or I need to do some preparations first?
>>
>>127741151
Don't know, if you wanna try it then go ahead but if it fails you know why.
>>
>>127741159
Can I use pirated dlc on cart?
>>
>>127736989
>then use browserhax to get into hbl again, then fbi
Question about that part:
How exactly do you run fbi from the hbl? I don't see it anywhere in the options in hbl, am I missing something?
>>
>>127740912
>>127741151
Just ignore that shit guide.
>>
>>127741340
Yes
>>
>>127741271
As far as I know it ONLY DELETES IT ON SYSNAND. Everything is fine on emuNAND. I also hear not to connect an NNID to your sysNAND due to some quirks
>>
File: IMG_20160106_221912.jpg (2MB, 3120x2278px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160106_221912.jpg
2MB, 3120x2278px
Anons, I just installed Emunand and did a Emunand to bin backup and restored my SD card files. I installed FBI as a CIA earlier but I'm guessing this blank icon is it...? After I boot up my N3DS it appears and vanishes. Did I fuck up?
>>
>>127741132
Rhythm Tengoku, since it will probably never come out in the west and it plays fine without a translation
>>
>>127741007
if you want to install a 3.3gb game then have a space of around 6.6
>>
How can I get custom gba games to work with rxtools?
>>
>>127741368
What. But I want MHX and someone said you cant run it with Cake, and I fucked up the fbi thing already with cake
>>
>>127741340
>>127741074
You can pirate it back or if you have eShop access you can just download it back legitly.

>>127741368
How is it shit?
>inb4 I don't like rxTools
>>
>>127741461
There are really good Cakes guides in the OP.
>>
>>127741271
yes just backup your 3ds data thats in the Nintendo 3DS folder in the sd card. Each folder with a hex number name corresponds to a specific 3ds system.
>>
HEY GUYS THIS GUIDE SAYS I NEED TO USE PASTA:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-setting-up-9-0-9-2-n3ds-xl-for-rxtools-cfw-including-emunand-coldboot-cia-manager.405589/

BUT ITS FOR NINJHAX ONLY
CAN I NOT USE THIS GUIDE?
I WAS TOLD THIS WAS THE EASIEST ONE TO FOLLOW
>>
>>127741438
You're booting into sysnand if that's happening.
>>
>>127741132
did you install an unsigned cia? if so how? I've been trying to do this shit on my N3ds for about 13 hours now
>>
>>127741440
But all the other ones came out after a year or so
>>
>>127741459
install on both nands and use the agb patch
>>
>>127741010
please
>>
>>127741461
Dude it runs fine in Cakes.
>>
File: 350x700px-LL-4786a740_download.gif (93KB, 350x279px) Image search: [Google]
350x700px-LL-4786a740_download.gif
93KB, 350x279px
>>127741132
pic related

>>127741271
When you create your emuNand, it is an exact copy of your sysNand, with everything you have.
Your sysNand will be wiped after unlinking, but you'll have access to everything you got.
>>
File: IMG_0480[1].jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0480[1].jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
So I followed http://pastebin.com/6BBug6nD

and this is what it got me, any ideas?
>>
>>127741565
How do I boot into emunand?
>>
>>127741132
Rhythm Tengoku
>>
I managed to install Taiko DLC on my NA 3DS. You just need to have the language plugin installed on NTR.
>>
>>127741573
>Boot into Emunand
>Use FBI or BigBlueMenu
>>
>>127741562
Join the group >>127740597
>>
So am I retarded or something? I got Cakes running fine and installed a cia game file with pasta and FBI, but how do I actually play the damned thing?
>>
>>127741449
The problem is, all the CFW files and stuff cut my 8GB down to about 6. Unless there's a way to free up the space, it'll be impossible. The hidden partitions make the available space like 6.5GB as well, which makes me doubtful it's possible.
>>
>>127741461
protip: people who recommend cakes do it just because they want to be special snowflakes and they won't even state a reason why cakes is apparently oh so much better than rxTools

You'll notice literally no difference using rxTools and you won't have to go through extra steps just to play off region games.
>>
>>127741410

Wouldnt unlinking it automatically remove a NNID from your sysNAND?

Are you saying dont link a new different NNID after unlinking them?

What if I end up reverting all of this and going back to OFW, will the removal of it from sysNAND leave it gone forever in that case?

>>127741523

Would it be as simple as placing it back on the card after the un linking is complete?

>>127741610
Is there a way to re-add everything to my sysand after the fact if for some reason something goes wrong with my EmuNAND?
>>
I'm getting to the point of unlinking the NANDs and to be blunt I have no clue what the fuck I'm doing. I mean, I know how to do it, but I realized I had no idea what any of these things meant.
>What is emunand and sysnand?
>Why unlink?
>How do I tell which one I'm "in"?
>>
>>127741562
Follow our guides, I've downgraded mine and two friend's o3ds just following it by the book.
Everything on the first try.
>>
>>127734309
Project Mirai DX
>>
Is there anyways to create a NNID and link it to your 3DS while you're on 9.2?
>>
>>127741573
stop using the legit cia and downgrade for install unsigned cia :)
>>
is fates working on 9.2 or do I need to upgrade?
>>
I got a n3ds at 9.6, downgraded to 9.2, wont load pastacfw or minipasta at all. I saw somewhere that someone had to update to latest then downgrade again to make it work. Is latest update still safe or did nintendo patch it?
>>
>>127741578
Where can I get the agb patch?
>>
>still can't decide whether to format sysnand or emunand
>>
>>127741741
Ahahah, it's "special snowflakes" guy.
>>
>>127741741
I'm sure I'll notice no difference at all when I finally get the GODDAMN THING TO BOOT.
I've downloaded the latest 3.0 version and followed every step. From several guides, starting from ground zero every time. And it still freezes the boot menu every goddamn time.
>>
Worth waiting for this guy to release his shit? Or should I just downgrade now?

https://twitter.com/JustPingo/status/684771274434998276
>>
>>127741703
yeah I got that part allright (I read the open) it's the signature verification that fucks my shit up.
when I install cia it tells me description_invalid_signature I tried cake with all the patches, rxtools 2.6/latest nightly from this morning, emunand in 9.2 and 9.5
>>
So I put the files for cakes on, and now instead of hbl I get to "gridlauncher" instead. But there's 2 identical tiles that are both cakes, and both of them seem to just lead to a black screen and me having to force shut down. Did I fuck up putting cakes on? I'm sure I put across all the relevant files.
>>
File: 1392882551282.jpg (206KB, 649x638px) Image search: [Google]
1392882551282.jpg
206KB, 649x638px
>>127741772
Oh boy, anon.
Sysnand is your normal nand. It's what your 3ds boots into when you start it up.
Emunand is the fake one you made by setting up CFW. You can boot into it using rxTools.
Unlinking them allows the Emunand to install illegitimate CIAs, which basically means free games.
Once they're unlinked, make one look different from the other to tell which one you're in.
To unlink, just format either the sysnand or the emunand. If you decide to format, TAKE OUT THE SD CARD BEFORE YOU FORMAT once you have System Settings open.
>>
>>127741963
>I've downloaded the latest 3.0 version
you made an error
>>
>>127741963
Ignore that guy. Cakes is plain easier to get working and runs MHX fine.
>>
>>127738434
Is this true? I have the 022-2634 error too
>>
>>127741721
should add a launcher icon to home screen as present. unwrap present, play game.

>>127741772
sysnand is windows. emunand is a virtual machine running on windows.

you can tell which one you're in by going into the system settings. emunand will usually start with RX___ before the firmware version. When you leave your system settings, you will be dumped into sysnand (unless you setup auto-boot)
>>
So I fucked up and my emuNAND doesn't have FBI. How do I fix this issue
>>
>>127741963
The one thing that's right is that 3.0 is shit. Follow the pastebin from step one and you'll be done in an hour at most with your 3ds autobooting into your emuNAND and being able to play any game.

>>127742086
>>127741961
>still no reasons stated
every time every thread
>>
>>127742025
Is there any chance of losing my game files? I have legitimate games, plus saves I'd like to keep. I'm guessing I'd format emunand by booting into it via RXtools and then my normal saves would be okay?
>>
>>127742025
You're supposed to leave it in until you get into the system settings, then? Or can you start up the 3ds without the SD card in and just go straight to formatting?
>>
>>127741863
I just tried with 9.2 downgrading from 9.5 again and it's still saying invalid_signature, any idea?
>>
>>127741986
The risk of waiting is 10.4 :^)
>>
>>127741681
Asking again
>>
Holy fucking goddamn shit, the downgrade FINALLY worked. I was in softbrick hell until I just gave in and formatted system memory.
>>
>>127742025
Unrelated question but you seem knowledgable, I got everything working except for online play. I don't have an NNID at all, do I have to format my entire card, create one, and then rehack my 3DS to get online to work?
>>
>>127741747
No idea about the last thing, but yeah it's already removed, I'm just saying don't have 2 going at once.
>>
What all would I have to do if I were to Unlink/format my sysnand (Assuming I have backups of my sd card and take it out before formatting?)
Like would I have to reinstall rxTools, menuhax, etc? Would I lose all my shit? Have to redo the cfw installations/setup?
>>
>>127742204
I think I am fucked either way. My 2DS won't be here until Tuesday.
>>
>>127742086
Well I can't run MHX with Cakes either.
Even with NTRPatch it gives me an error and tells me to restart the console.
Maybe I'll just never be happy.

>>127742125
I made the assumption that I downloaded the latest version but perhaps I was wrong, I downloaded this one >>127732217
>>
>>127741132
actually playing? paper jam
downloaded? smtiv
>>
>>127742120
I just got FBI to work on my sysnand though. Should I just make a new emunand? How do I get all my old shit back on my sysnand?
>>
both of the 3ds pastebins in the op are down, has anybody reposted them yet?
>>
>>127742125
>easier to setup
>not a reason

I find rxTools setup convoluted and out of date, especially the 2.6 version people defend. Cakes also has its shit together more than the nightly.
>>
>>127742248
Truly there is no better feeling than escaping softbrick hell.
>>
>>127740084
soon(TM)
>>
>>127742113
How weird, I'm not seeing anything, I also installed Bigbluemenu and HBlauncher and I'm not seeing either of those anywhere.

This is going to be fun to figure out ;_;
>>
>>127741681
>>127742240
Use rxTools and select the option "... rxTools on EmuNAND"
>>
>>127742258
You'd have to get yourself eshop access on your emunand.
If you're on o3ds, you can just update emunand through system settings.
If you're on n3ds, you have a bit more work to do. You'd have to update to 9.5 and then setup certain files. There's some good tutorials online for that.
>>
>>127742341
They're not down, it's you.
>>
>>127742297
I had that problem

Are you using a prepatched version?

If so, you need your emunand at 10.3

JP version will run fine on 9.2, but not the translated one for some reason
>>
>>127742372
There is no need to defend any since you can just swap them at anytime.
>>
>>127742297
Just use all the downloads in the pastebin guide

>>127742372
Everything is easy to fucking setup if you know how to read.

What are the actual pros that cakes has over rx?
>>
>>127742162
saves and games are stored in the Nintendo 3DS folder on your sdcard. that's why you backup your entire sdcard before doing anything at all.
there should only be one folder in there of importance - a long hex string - this is how it links to your sysnand.

If you clone sysnand into emunand, you'll have access to those games/saves. If you unlink, then the nand that was NOT formatted can still see that shit, the formatted one will generate a new private folder.
>>
I'm all done and what not but games now don't update normally even if its in my region. Anyway to fix this?

I keep getting error 005-4273 when trying to update games.
>>
>>127742471
i-i don't have rxtools yet where i am in the guide
>>
>>127742013
Do I need to just keep trying and eventually one of them will boot?
>>
ONE GUIDE SAYS TO REPLACE THE FILES IN THE /dbs AND /exdata FOLDERS WITH NEW FILES, ANOTHER SAYS IT'S ONLY NEEDED IF YOU'RE USING A FRESH SD CARD.

I'M USING MY OLD 3DS DATA
DO I NEED TO REPLACE OR NOT!?
>>
if someone would want to switch SD cards, to a bigger one or something, would they just need to move the files on the SD cards or do something else?
>>
When I install the cia file, does the it take memory in the 3ds or sd?
>>
Question about 3DS modding. Should I update the system software on the Sysnand as well as the Emunand because I can't access the eshop once I load up rxtools.
>>
>>127740525
thanks senpai
>>
>>127742592
SD
>>
>>127742460
Wait, never mind, booted up Pasta again and everything's come in I have no fucking idea how any of this works
>>
>>127742472
Thanks anon I'm going to try doing that now but if you find anything to help me out I'd be very appreciative.
>>
everyone nejoying super mystery dungeon?
>>
>>127742597
On o3ds you can update your emunand to 10.3 to access the eshop. If you have error 022-2634 refer to this guide on how to fix it http://3dshomebrew.blogspot.com/2015/12/tutorial-how-to-fix-emunand-error-022.html
>>
>>127742597
No. Only update in emuNAND.
>>
>>127742573
Do every step in this image if you are switching to another SD card
>>127735028
>>
>>127742507
Ohh, that makes sense. Thank you so much for the help and info! Makes all the random shit I've been doing suddenly make sense.
>>
Is having eshop necessary? I'm getting the error but I don't really mind since I can get the games back anyways.
>>
Guys I'm seriously in trouble. I didn't get FBI to work until I already set up my emuNAND and Cake. So now my emuNAND is useless since FBI is on my new sysNAND. And all my save data isn't on my new sysNAND. I backed up my stuff but I'd really prefer not to start this whole thing over
>>
>>127742565
the files to replace should only be in the dbs folder not exdata, what tutorials are you following?
>>
>>127742759
I got you senpai https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
>>
i was on rx-e 9.2.0, went to system settings-system update and it updated my sysnand and not emunand, i need to hurry and setup all from the start
>>
>>127742460
stupid question, but you're looking in the right nand?

>>127742573
explained earlier in the thread. backup emunand on old sd card, copy to new sdcard, copy emunand.bin to emunand. all via emutools or w/e.
>>
>>127736029
>>127737031
>>127736907
Which one is the SUlib build? I looked in both of the downgrade pastebins and only saw Julians and Tux's. What do?
>>
>>127742759
I also don't think I backed up my shit right. I just copied and pasted stuff, should I have gone into settings and hit backup?
>>
File: 1365041565823.jpg (163KB, 1058x727px) Image search: [Google]
1365041565823.jpg
163KB, 1058x727px
So if you're on N3DS you can't update emuNAND right? I had to reformat everything because rxtools only showed a black screen right after I updated emuNAND,
>>
>>127742920
I'm guessing you at one point backed out of system settings? if so it booted you back into sysnand and if the two looked identical, it's hard to tell the difference after.
>>
>>127742760
>If you set up a fresh microSD, do the following two steps to create a working database.

>Navigate to the \Nintendo 3DS folder on the microSD and open the folder that's all numbers and letters. Inside will be another folder that's all numbers and letters. Open that and you will see a folder called \extdata.
>Create a new folder called \dbs there, next to the folder called \extdata. Put the two files that came in dbs.zip, called import.db and title.db, into the \dbs folder.
>Don't do this if you already have a \dbs folder containing import.db and title.db in there!
>>
>>127742752
Only if you want easy game updates and online play.
>>
>>127742712
>>127742925
Thanks sempais.
>>
>>127743018
now to think of it, maybe it was so
>>
Whenever I load minipasta the screen flashes red twice then goes back into HBL on new3ds.

What is going on oh god
>>
>>127743004
You need to use sysupdater with 9.5 files instead of the system settings to update, since max emunand on n3ds is 9.5. O3DS can go up to 10.3.
>>
>>127743004
>So if you're on N3DS you can't update emuNAND right?
You can lad.
>>
Holy shit, why is installing cia files so slow?
(I'm using the supposed outdated fbi but still)

Whats the average install speed you guys get on a game? I'm installing a 1.5 gig game.
>>
oh god finally fucking done

time to play some shit games!
>>
>>127742925
I guess I wasn't, managed to get it working though, thanks!
>>
so I just looked into how one might implement SD loading for DS games
summary: it would be incredibly complicated and would only work with DSi enhanced games (so basically pokemon, which has a fuckton of antipiracy shit in it that doing this would trigger...).
on the other hand, it would be pretty easy to make some sort of DS gamecard save manager.
>>
Recomend me some game please. Recent stuff would be good
>>
>>127742953
step one is backup sysnand with emutools, and move it off the sdcard asap. if you don't have a copy of your sysnand, i'm not sure what can be salvaged from your sdcard backup (saves, maybe?)
>>
>>127743084
Did it my first time too, pissed me off but the downgrading was pretty quick actually. Something that may help distinguish the two until you add apps to your emunand is the grid layout, if you have 3-4 rows or whatever on your emunand, leave the sysnand to a scrolling 1x1. You'll immediately notice the difference normally.
>>
>>127743264
I have a copy of my sysnand. Do I just put nand.bin back on my SD card and it'll find it? Do I restore it to the emunand or sysnand?
>>
>>127743270
nice advice
>>
>>127743224
Everyone should have a celebration fap by playing Ninja Tits
>>
>>127743324
if you have a copy of your original sysnand (nand.bin, iirc), drop that on your sdcard, go into emutools and clone nand.bin to sysnand. that'll get all your shit back (on sysnand) and you can start over.
>>
File: problem.png (7KB, 732x77px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
7KB, 732x77px
Uh so I have a problem here.
I have two different dbs locations on my 3DS.

Do I need to replace both \dbs locations? Only one?
>>
https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/
in booting emunand im on step 4
>4. Then start rxTools from the HBL. Press a key at the end of the data installation to boot into your emunand.
i started rxtools and immediately went to a black screen, do i keep trying or is there a way to fix this?
>>
I installed fbi but when I load it on emunand it just opens Health & Safety like on Sysnand. Should I try again?
>>
>>127743432
If I do that, will I still have my emunand?
>>
https://youtu.be/t4Ce-u1y98Y
Can anyone confirm if this guide works?
>>
>>127743447
yes
>>
>l+r+up+a
>you need to enable wifi to update
>nope
>powers it self off
still getting those update nags man, what did i do wrong?
>>
>>127743570
both locations?
>>
do i have to be on 10.3?
>>
Can someone please for the love of god link a video for N3DS so It can be easy for us retards?
>>
for anyone that wants the latest rxtools nightly build (2 days ago) its here http://www83.zippyshare.com/v/fwI4c3Ab/file.html
it apparently uses a better sd card driver
>>
>>127743448
black screen on rxtools usually means it's being retarded, or the nightly being used just doesn't like your system.
consider using this instead, seems to have higher success rates:
http://i.imgur.com/tH9FMpc.png

>>127743525
yes, emunand will remain untouched

>>127743623
tubehax dns settings
>>
>>127743623
Use tubehax DNS
>>
Can I pirate the streetpass plaza games?
>>
>>127729138
OOT is that small? Damn
>>
Okay, so with all these new hacks, is there some way for me to play my Japanese copy of monster hunter X online on my European 9.9 n3ds

I have cubic ninja
>>
protip: if you need to use system settings in rxmode, using your menuhax hotkey while exiting the settings app will trigger menuhax
>>
File: 1434428283297.png (32KB, 151x237px) Image search: [Google]
1434428283297.png
32KB, 151x237px
>>127741228
If I can't get the homebrew launcher working at all on it, then I can't get anywhere

also apprently the DNS people are suggesting to block updates causes the browser to crash almost instantly on navigation
>>
>>127741158
>>127741162
Oops haha I was all the way zoomed in and didn't realize. Thanks a bunch for not calling me a spastic and answering my question anons.
>>
How the fuck do I get into homebrew menu after I install CTR boot manager to auto load cake?
>>
5.5 when?
>>
>>127743637
Yes.
>>127743685
Not really. Read out the OP. It was easier for me to go to 10.3 then downgrade.
>>
>>127740807
You could at least post what you found. You're literally that nvm fixed it :) guy.
>>
File: panic.jpg (5KB, 171x249px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
5KB, 171x249px
>updating emunand to 10.3
>takes forever
>>
>>127743750
duh, exiting settings restarts the 3ds.
>>
>>127743713
>>127743718
can i do that with a brickway card
>>
Any ways to check is sysNAND and emuNAND unlink or not?
>>
>>127743749
>Downgrade
>Emunand
>Install CIAs of the MHX updates
>>
>>127743854
Patience mang. I thought the same thing when I was updating from 9.2.
>>
>>127743873
Change emunand theme.
Does it change the sysnand theme?
>>
>>127743769
find the hbloader .cia, install with FBI or whatever you use and it'll add the app to homescreen
>>
>>127743713
black screen anon here, do i use that even if im using a n3ds
>>
When I unlink my NANDS, i should go through the setup it puts me through on reboot right? Should I also connect it to the Internet?
>>
>>127743756
Yeah I heard that you're never supposed to update via system settings or shop or anything like that on a N3ds. Seems like the differences are pretty annoying. have you looked into any tutorials specifically made for the N3ds? surely there's got to be a bunch of others using the n3ds with homebrew/cfw?
>>
>>127743928
Yes. So I should format sysNAND right now? Just in settings?
>>
When I downgraded to 9.2.0, my new3ds had the whole "there;'s been a problem and you need to turn off the system" shit, but I'm on 9.2.0 anyway

This is fine except literally nothing in HBL will work, including emunand9

what do
>>
>>127744064
Yes.
>>127744032
Yes and it doesn't matter if you do.
>>
>>127744064
your choice of what nand to format.
make sure to remove the sd card first if your formatting sysnand, and use tinyformat if formatting emunand.
>>
>>127743207
Don't worry, it takes a super long time. I think it took me around ~20 minutes to install a 500MB game.
>>
>>127744130
Alright and then I can install cakes and everything and boot into emunand?
>>
>>127743871
you set tubehax dns in your internet connection settings on sys/emunand

>>127744021
oh shit, sorry. probably not for n3ds. not sure what the n3ds process is, hopefully another anon chimes in.
>>
>>127743854

WE DID IT BOYS
>>
>>127744084
wipe all your hax shit and reinstall them.
>>
>>127744172
Right. Don't forget to update to 10.3.
>>
>>127744016
I did that but it still brings me to the bootloader when I open it up.
>>
>>127744284
W-What.....but I just did the downgrade..... anon pls
>>
>>127744253
I've done that like 3 times, should I update to 9.9 or something with sysupdater and downgrade again?
>>
>go into emunand
>hit format
>remove SD card
>confirm format
>it freezes as soon as the confirmation box closes
I-is this normal? What'd I do?
>>
Is downgrading the New3DS 100% safe yet?
>>
Hot new:
>>127744316
>>127744316
>>127744316
>>127744316
>>
>>127744284
in emuNAND and not in sysNAND. Sorry for any confusion.
>>
>>127744334
He means update the emuNAND fool
>>
I've had everything run flawlessly in rxTools until now. I have my NANDs unlinked, and I've installed tons of .cia files and they have all been fine, except for a few that I installed just today. For some reason, they keep appearing as gifts when I boot emuNAND, which I've only read as being an issue when your NANDs are linked, or with other CFW in specific situations.

Anyone know what the problem could be?
>>
>>127743040
same one I followed too, basically go there if the files are there don't do anything. later after you got the emunand you will need to download the dbs.zip and out them in there for the sysnand.
you're gonna have two weird letter/number folder one of them will have them the other one wont, that's where you will extract the dbs.zip
>>
>>127744430
I'm on a N3DS, max I can go is 9.5
>>
>>127744334
Just follow the guide, when it is all over, and when you're successfully installing games, with your sysNand and your emuNand backups ready, you can start thinking about updating your emuNand.
>>
Question for the latest Julian, twofold as it didn't seem to be answered in the OP:

Do you require the KhaxInit:Done for proper downgrading, (meaning if it ever says failed, it'll never work), and when you get it at Done, hit Y to downgrade, should anything show up, or does it stay unchanged during the downgrade?

I got the downgrade to fire 3 times last night on a different SysUpdater, but nothing stuck, just ended up with the Error screen, and Recovery moded back to 10.3 to start again. Pretty frustrating so far, considering a friend of mine has gotten two to work within < 10 tries.
>>
once I have rx tools working does that mean I'm ready to pirate ?
>>
okay

I'm a retard

how do I get rxtools to not blackscreen after updating emunand?
>>
I'm trying to backup my emunand files (ticket.db etc), but I get
Error writing rxTools/ticket.db !
Any other way to back up emunand files?
>>
>>127726445
from my understanding after u are able to do this, u could still play legitimate cartridges right, if u wanted to in the future? or would that not be a good idea, as it might update your system? (i know this sort of thing can happen for psp)
>>
File: problem.png (29KB, 1156x334px) Image search: [Google]
problem.png
29KB, 1156x334px
>>127743805
Ok so, new problem with those multiple \dbs locations.

Can only help me here? Do I make a \dbs folder where the exdata is?
>>
so I'm following this guide: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-how-to-install-a-cfw-on-a-9-0-9-2-n3ds-without-cn-oot.398394/

I have a N3DS and I have gotten to step 10 of Method 1(with CakesFW).

when I boot into the cfw, am I suppose to run browserhax again to get back into HBL? or is there another method.

is there a way to verify that I am in my cakes CFW and not in the regular firmware?
>>
>>127742491
Nope, set up everything using the downloads from the pastebin this time. From a fresh install. Still nothing.

>>127742482
I've updated my emunand to no avail.
>>
Do I uninstall pirated games like normal or what?
>>
>>127744820
Yeah.
>>
So I just found out rx tools doesnt work with new 3ds's on 9.2.

What else can I use?
>>
File: 3ds.png (217KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
3ds.png
217KB, 1920x1080px
Something must be fucked here, Cakes wont load and its the only place on the SD that looks fishy.

Trying to load on new3ds, anyone know what the problem might be? Cakes loads but when I go to launch emunand it doesnt work, NANDS are unlinked for sure too.
>>
>>127744907
get cake?
>>
>>127744880
Alright thanks. I regret downloading Moco Moco Friends, so much pointless fucking dialogue and other shit for a Pokemon clone, none of which is fastforwardable or skipable.
>>
NEW

THREAD

WHEN
>>
>>127744908
you didn't read the instructions
>>127744705
yes
>>
>>127745020
There is one dumbass.

>>>/vg/hbg

>>127744316

>>127744316

>>127744316
>>
So, is it normal for the 3ds to wipe the date+time, settings, and playcoins after unlinking the NANDS? Or did I fuck up somewhere? On a N3DS, used TinyFormat to unlink the NANDS
>>
>try to download firmware.bin
>just got roses.txt

the fuck am i meant to do with this
>>
>>127744609
you also need to be able to install cia files
>>
>>127744880
do u know if after u do this, could u still play games u buy in the future, or is that not a good idea as it might update your system? (or is that not a thing, cause it happens for psp)
>>
>>127729206
Use sockfile.
>>
Uh, okay.
So I tried installing a theme via CHMM right?
Why'd it only effect my sysnand?
>>
>>127745373
>roses.txt
oooh, i forgot about that! i downloaded it like 10 months ago! i also reuploaded it and linked it on the op (it's not there anymore, it has been moved to the wiki) so people could get it easily, but you guys are kind of dumb
as proven by the fact that you're not figuring out how to use roses.txt
solution: rename the file
if that's to hard for you, download it from the wiki
>>
>update emunand
>3DS restarts
>launch rxtools
>black screen

what did I doooooo
>>
>>127747829
did you back out at all during the procress like before updating, did you leave your system settings? if so I've got some bad news for you because that'd mean you had actually updated your sysnand. if not, are you on N3ds? and what version of rxtools did you use/what method?
>>
>>127747829
if you're on a new 3ds you haven't read the op
>>
>>127748029
Didn't back up, sysnand still proper verson. On old 3ds, using rxtools2.6
>>
>>127748174
That's pretty weird then. Did it give an error or anything? Have you tried clearing your cookies/history since you're presumably using the internet method? if nothing else maybe look into the rxtools on your Sd card and possibly revert to what you originally put on your Sd.
>>
>>127748174
you can't have linked nands and themehax at the same time, is this your case?
>>
So if N3DS emunand can only be updated to 9.5, is there no way for me to play newer 3ds games via cfw? Just wondering if I should even bother with this unlinking business.
>>
>>127748582
id assume, there will be some work around in the future
>>
>>127748394
nope
>>127748285
No errors, clearing history and cookies didn't help. Guess I'll try reverting
>>
>>127748582
There is, just get their Firmware Spoofed .cia files.
>>
File: 1361469472348.jpg (142KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
1361469472348.jpg
142KB, 1440x810px
>RX-E 9.2.0-20U
>Tried updating emunand
>Failed

So where do I get RX3D from?
>>
>>127748394
I have Linked nands and I'm pretty sure themehax/haxmenu You can't have an active theme though if that's what you mean.
>>127748803
rxTools 2.6 launch it via webbrowser after downloading the files.
>>127748683
Shit that's definitely weird then. I'm not sure what would've fucked up the 2.6 version I assumed that was a lot more secure/reliable than 3.0/nightly (Though you may want to try them if nothing else works.)
>>
>>127748803
RX-E and RX3D are the same thing.
>>
>>127748959
If they are the same why did my update fail I'm trying to make it a 10.3.28 EMUNAND
>>
>>127748939
>I have Linked nands and I'm pretty sure themehax/haxmenu
Okay, then. As I said, you can't have both. You either stop using themehax or you unlink your NANDs.
>>
>>127748792
I think I might have better luck waiting for a workaround than finding spoofed CIAs,but it's good to know that's an option.
>>
File: IMG_20160107_000923[1].jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160107_000923[1].jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
it just hangs here. all im trying to do is access emunand. any help would be nice
Thread posts: 922
Thread images: 113

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.