[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dyg/ - Duelyst General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 518
Thread images: 57

File: 1440896084128.gif (372KB, 620x809px) Image search: [Google]
1440896084128.gif
372KB, 620x809px
Why did they recolour edition

All accounts made before January 3, 2016 will receive a free gift box containing a Spirit Orb, some spirit, and a Snowchaser emote.

Previous thread: >>127471138

>What is DUELYST?

DUELYST is a competitive strategy card game focused on tactical combat, squad building, and ranked ladder play.

>Play in Chrome
http://beta.duelyst.com/

>Client Download
https://updates.counterplay.co/launcher

>Squad Builder
http://duelystdb.com/

>Forum, Announcements...
http://forums.duelyst.com/

>Faction overview, guides and general information
http://duelyst.gamepedia.com/Getting_Started
>>
>>127706549
Supremely ded
>>
NETWORK ERROR
>>
Is it true that this game is shit and that the general is dead?
>>
>>127714649
The game is doing alright, needs balancing, but isn't shit

General is dead because we have no memes or new controversy
>>
should we even keep making threads? We never make it to bump limit
>>
>>127714649
It's shit and the general died twice under half the post.
>>
>>127715147
could just stop making threads until the next patch comes out I guess
>>
>>127715824
more like we should just have threads on /v/ instead
>>
>>127715960
This, it's pretty dead since we stopped advertising on /v/
>>
Advice on an abyss deck for a new player?
>>
>>127716124
I saw one earlier but it died too. It was shitposting rather than advertising the game, though, which is when the threads were the most active on /v/.
>>
I haven't played in a while, why is magmar abyssian? and why is he red
>>
File: Fenrir_Warmaster.png (80KB, 264x334px) Image search: [Google]
Fenrir_Warmaster.png
80KB, 264x334px
How do we fix Fenrir?
>>
>>127719215
4/4 so it doesnt die to tempest and plasma storm
>>
File: 1450128953351.jpg (103KB, 687x693px) Image search: [Google]
1450128953351.jpg
103KB, 687x693px
>>127719749
>tempest
Perfect, that card needed a nerf.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-06+at+09.36.59).jpg (276KB, 1278x717px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-06+at+09.36.59).jpg
276KB, 1278x717px
Hue
>>
>Burn Abyss runs my control Lyonar out of cards
>The swarm and burn deck has 3 AoE spells
>The control deck gets its AoE nerfed to being unplayable, and people want to nerf the only good card the entire faction still has (Holy)
This game's balance is a joke, it actually made me reconsider Hearthstone. Abyss can fucking do what Tempest did for 1 mana without friendly fire, they have tempest + global heal, and they have an AoE that can do 4 to 12 damage.
>>
>>127719215
By not giving the faction that has it infinite removal would be a start.
>>
>>127721269
damn, that's pretty awesome. But why Sarlac?
>>
>>127721896
Because in a deck with 8 different buffs and a shit ton of spells you need your creatures to be as sticky as possible
>>
>>127722073
decklist?
>>
I just started playing the game a few days ago, I did all the challenges and shit, ive unlocked a decent amount of cards, and I think I have a good idea on how to play.
That being said, I'm stuck at rank 19
is there any trick to progressing through the ladder as a Vetruvian player?
Is there a certain build I should be working towards for my Vet deck?
Also I saw in the email i got that If you hit rank 20 or higher you get a monthly card, is that distributed at the end of the month?
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>127722158
Dick

>>127722296
Obelysks suck and Vetruvian in general is a very expensive deck to play. These days we're mostly trying to get as much value out of Third Wish as we can.

Good neutral commons to craft are Primus Fist, Dancing Blades, and Jaxi. Emerald Rejuvinator is a must-have in pretty much ever deck save Abyssian and Songhai so it's a good idea to go for him too even if he's a rare.
Good Vet commons are Siphon Energy and fuck you. Starfire Scarab, Orb Weavers, Dunecasters, and Bone Swarm can work on a budget but really get ready to dust your whole collection if you want to stick to Vet.

Aymara and Third Wish are your priority.

Good basics include Healing Mystic, Saberspine Tiger, First Wish, Pyromancer, Entropic Decay is a good Lyonar tech, Ethereal (and fireblaze, a rare) Obelysk can work on a budget, and Cosmic Flesh depending on your deck

Other than that, Sand Howler is a decent budget creature too but really only with Third Wishes so not really a budget creature at that point.
>>
>>127723619
rude
>>
File: index.png (374KB, 300x880px) Image search: [Google]
index.png
374KB, 300x880px
>>127723708
>>127723619
fuck I typed up all of that and forgot my image
>>
>>127722296
>>127722296
I don't play Vet anymore since I don't have the cards for it, but my guess is that you want to throw out as much nonsense as possible and buff it to oblivion.

What legends/epics do you have?

My advice would be 3x healing, 3x saber, 3x or 2x ephemeral, 3x pyromancers, and then a bunch of buffs. Aim for 3 emeralds, and if you have a sand howler throw that in.

Honestly, if I was starting in Vet, I'd aim for a mech deck, since you can buff everything you throw out pretty easily, and at your rank, I don't think many people are playing Mechaz0r.

Beyond that, I can't think of much for a beginner deck. Hopefully you can get 3x helm, 3x wing, and maybe 2x cannon, and that should help you out if you want to build around mechs. Don't forget an Entropic Decay, which should help you out if you want to carry 1-2.

It gets better, don't worry.
>>
>>127723826
neat thanks
>>
>>127723826
No more sand howler?
>>
I wonder why people not using Mirage Master for Vetruvian.
>>
>>127725325
3/3 vanilla just doesn't do it for a 3-drop.

It's nice it dodges Phoenix and Hailstone but Chromatic Cold is still everywhere.

Maybe if I had more room but I value the Chaos Elementals and Sarlacs over them.
>>
>>127725772
Too few good targets run in the meta.

Maybe if you could Aymara + Mirage on the same turn but otherwise he's too slow.
>>
File: rare.png (677KB, 1189x583px) Image search: [Google]
rare.png
677KB, 1189x583px
>>127723619
>>127723826
Thanks I really appreciate the advice.

>>127723965
>What legends/epics do you have?
I guess these are my rarest Vet/Neutral cards.
Also thanks for the advice.
>It gets better, don't worry.
I hope so,
I really like Vet so far and I'm pretty reluctant to play the other faction decks.
>>
>>127726662
The bottom row is all great for a Vetraz0r budget deck, and Twilight Sorc is also great, in addition to Syrael, although the latter is entirely up to your preference.

Zurael is great for aggro decks, but takes control over your own minions to pull off. Sarlc, as well, works very well with it, since you're essentially duplicating it.

Grailmaster is up to you - if you can drop two helms at the same time, it becomes incredibly useful. I would honestly probably recommend it, since I don't think you have any outstanding duplicates other than Twilight Sorc + TW. If you can throw down something next to it on the same turn it's cast, you'll already have a really nice card. Play it once they've exhausted most of their dispels/removals.

That's about it. Lux Ignis is nice, but there are plenty of better things you can use, unless you're really hard-pressed for cards.
>>
>>127726662
Aymara, Third Wish, and Rasha's are Vet staples so you did well there.

I'm probably the only person running Sarlac these days but Vet's new game plan is to abuse Third Wish so I'm a fan of the consistent target. 3 mana 1/1 is a pretty serious tempo loss however. Doesn't fit in every deck but I still think he's useful.

Twilight Sorc is a strong 4-drop. We'd see more of him if Emerald Rejuv wasn't so mandatory. Especially now that Plasma Storm's nerfed.

Chassis is sometimes run in mechaz0r decks. Not amazing.

Zurael is a pretty decent 7-drop. Can lead to huge tempo but can feel awkward to run at times.

Grailmaster, Syvrel, and Lux all suck.
>>
>>127727827
>>127727620
>>127723826
I built this deck with the cards I had available already, is this ok at all? I'm not totally confident in my deck building abilities, I have 370 spirit to spend and I have some legendaries in other decks I could disenchant if I really needed to craft something else though I would be a little reluctant to do so.
What do you guys think? I tried to follow your advice as best as I could.
>>
File: Vet.jpg (96KB, 189x1022px) Image search: [Google]
Vet.jpg
96KB, 189x1022px
>>127729842
Whoops forgot image and a post I meant to respond to.
>>127723965
>>
>>127730037
1 siphon, are u mad?

remove pyromancer already
>>
>>127730919
I removed 2 pyro and created and added 2 more siphon.
What should I add for my last card?
>>
>>127730037
Songweaver and Prophet aren't really worth their effects. Ash Mephyt ain't great either.

Entropic at 3 might be a bit too much. It's mostly a Lyonar tech so if you're seeing a shit ton then 2 is fine. Otherwise 1 can help you out of sticky situations.

Siphon Energy at 3 ASAP. Until then, run some Ephemeral Shrouds to fill in the blanks.

Orb Weaver is probably the next thing out. They're okay budget but you'll start to feel them fall off pretty quick.

In general I'm worried your curve might be a bit too late game. Pay attention to how often don't have the mana to make any plays and adjust accordingly. You might be fine but I'm unsure.

>>127730919
Pyromancer is fine. Very risky but can also completely snowball a game. I'd say he's fine until he starts feeling it's dealth with too easily.

>>127731092
Rock Pulverizer is another decent basic 2-drop but not everyone's a fan of him. 3 Saberspine wouldn't hurt I don't think. 3 Primus, 3 Jaxi, and 3 Healing Mystic are what I run in my 2-drop slot, personally. Not everyone agrees with the Primus fist for some reason but I honestly can't see why you wouldn't run them in Vet.

Crossbones can be a good tech card if you're seeing a lot of Mech decks. Instantly removing their win condition with the added benefit of dealing with Jaxi and Heartseekers.
>>
>>127731559
Alright I think I'm set, thanks for the advide, i really appreciate it.
>>
>>127716412
You play aggro burn or you play a different faction.

Flameblood Warlocks, Nightsorrows, Saberspines, Dark Seed, Shadow Reflection, Void Pulse
>>
>>127733380
I thought Nightsorrows were bad? I'm currently trying to run a creep deck but I'm having issues mid game.
>>
>>127734108
What? Where'd you get that from? Nightsorrows are great.

>creep
There's your problem
>>
Well, I tried out my deck, and it worked really well for the 3 games I just played, I lost two of them to pure RNG bullshit
so I'm still stuck in rank 19
but it was definitely a bit better than when i was using the deck I hashed together
>>
>>127734506
Some guy on the forums. I started last night so I don't know the factions core yet so I just read what's on the forums.
>>
>>127735113
That guy's insane, then. Nightsorrow is staple.
>>
>>127735901
Ok so what should I start crafting? I have a Nightsorrow and 225 spirit plus tons of cards to disenchant.
>>
>>127736636
Well if you want to play creep craft those cards I guess. Creep won't get you very far though. It's all about aggro burn or nothing for abyss now.
>>
>>127737981
well I'd rather be competitive so if aggro burn is the way to go I'll do that. So what else do I need besides Nightsorrows.
>>
>>127738386
See
>>127733380

Outside of that, Spectral Blade, Jaxi goes in everything, Alcuin can help recycle your spells, Lure gets rid of big provokes, Grasp can be strong, Wraithling Swarm is pretty staple, Deathfire or Soul Grimwar can both be devestating amounts of burst damage, Horn can be really obnoxious to deal with

Just off the top of my head. I don't really play them but just cards I see played.
>>
>>127719215
How do we fix Vanar period?
>>
>>127739709
>>127737981
Thanks for the suggestions I made a deck and I'm gonna test it out now.
>>
>>127741156
Just make Vanar the Jack of all trades faction. Give minions faction abilities like Blast, rebirth and backstab on top of their infiltrate abilities. There's pretty much no synergy anyway
>>
>>127741465
Anything's better than the current plan of "give them insanely efficient recovery and then also give them insane value creatures and then nerf all the cards that kept those creatures in check"
>>
Abyssian is balanced
>>
>>127747516
They're fine. I wish they had more than one viable build but it's not like they're worthless.

It's just kind of lame that most of their games are decided on whether or not their opponent drew their Rejuvinators or not.
>>
So what exactly was the point of making a new thread if we're going to be dead all the time
>>
How 2 neovanar?
>>
Could a Vet Dervish/Opening deck work, or am i wasting my time even concidering it??
>>
>>127714649
We constantly have to reanimate the general, it's pretty funny
Why doesn't /vg/ have a higher thread slot count
>>
>>127757564
Just to elaborate, I got 2 Fire Obelyscs (or whatever they are called) of the early packs I got, and they served me well on getting out of Bronze.
>>
>>127761720
Dervishes are pretty shit atm. I mean, you can probably get to gold with them, but they're just not very strong. Dispel rapes them, minion flood rapes them, zen'rui rapes them, they're rng
>>
>>127761814
I see. Well that sucks. Also you guys were not wrong, Fenrir are turbo cancer. Had a guy drop 3 of them as his first 3 summons. I think I wanted to off myself after that one...
>>
So vanar is the new cancer?
And Lyonar and magmar are shit?
>>
>>127762965
Everyone except Aby is somewhat balanced atm
>>
songhai makes me want to suicide
>>
Can someone give me some tips for the next gauntlet? I always do really bad
>>
>>127775017
Pick value, as in minions and spells that trade well. An obvious example is Fenrir- 3 mana for 3/3 and spawn 3/3 on death. There's way less dispel in gauntlet, so cards like Oculus can be really strong. Dancing Blades is a pretty nice drop, too, since it often removes an enemy minion while playing a big body yourself. Golems can also be pretty nice, I often pick the 4 mana one.
>>
>>127775017
Also make sure to get lots of 2 and 3 drops, little advantages snowball pretty hard in gauntlet and a shit turn 1 often means gg no re
>>
christ this game is such pure RNG bullshit
>>
>>127757564
>>127761720
Dervish is basically the budget version of Vet. It doesn't work forever but you'll be okay until you start seeing literally everyone running 3x dispels.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (279KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
279KB, 1366x768px
>>127775017
be lucky, don't be unlucky
>>
What if KotV dispelled the minion while bringing it back? Would it still be so bad?
>>
>>127786036
Still massive value variation
It's just shit design
>>
I fucking hate playing as vetruvian now. Unlike before, when I had fun shitting arund ebin plays with star fury and some blast things and artifact, now it's all about shitting out minions endlessly until something sticks and you can buff it. Mirrors also went to shit since they changed to "who can play third wish first?" It feels like yet naother suh faction because god knows that we didn't have enough with abyss and songhai game after game.
I mena, previous third wish was broken, but new one is just boring as shit to play, and star's fury was the most fun card to play with as vet and around against them because it actually used the fucking board.
>>
>>127786097
This.

Keeper of the meme plus changing meta to "le epic me go face x-ddd" made me quit.
>>
>>127762965
>>127768879
Vanar and Songhai are cancer
Keeper of the Value is cancer
Lyonar and Magmar are fine
Abyssian is fine if limited in their build options. Burn Abyssian can race you very strongly and if you don't draw Rejuvinators then you're gartunteed to lose.
>>
>>127787337
Abyssian is worst than songhai. At least songhai have the decency of taking damage and not healing like bitches.
>>
>>127787337
>Vanar
>cancer
Nah
Fenrir might be too strong/might have too few counters atm but all in all they're about playing the board which factions should do, something like Songhai is cancer because it's basically solitaire
>>
>>127787547
Fair enough. People have different meanings for cancer.

Vanar gaining just a little bit of tempo in the early game is basically assured to snowball into insane board presence though
>>
>>127787748
Maybe make hailstone 3 mana to stop it from being such a cookie-cutter tool, making it more of a tool against mid-endgame threats instead of being good all game long
>>
>third wishing the primus second turn
>face abyss concedes and sends friend request to shit talk
>try but I cannot banter for shit and end up being friendly with the guy
Shit, I'm soft. Cannot be mean even if I want to.
>>
>>127790640
That's the best way to shit talk.
>>
>>127787547
>not cancer
Vanar took the retarded removal spell that was overtuned in magmar with no changes for no reason whatsoever.
Every single AOE out there nerfed to shit, so there's no hard counter to the deer and stuff like fenrir run rampant around the place with keeper of value reviving them with ease if you play second. A revived fenrir is pretty much game over too.
What I wanted was good vespyr minions and good sinergy in the faction with infiltrate not being complete shit. What I got is an obligation to pull out snowchaser, the only useful vespyr that vanar had, because muh new lego must be used or I just lose game after game.
And vanar right now has the best removal, the best 3 drop, the best 4 drop and access to the best 5 drop. If that ain't cancer then I don't know why you fuckers complained about magmar.
>>
>>127791385
Tempest still rapes deer just as hard, even harder since it's cheaper, plasma is 1 more expensive which doesn't change much since deer combo is 5 mana at its cheapest
Of course KotV is cancer, that's not Vanar tho
>>
>>127791692
No it doesn't. Tempest used to also fuck up the rest of their board at the same time. Now all their 2-drops are left at 1 HP.

It doesn't hit important targets anymore.
>>
>>127793971
Good thing you have 1 mana more to play some more shit on your own
And one card no longer hardcountering the whole faction is a good thing
>>
>>127794309
It's not a good thing. But saying that Tempest is just as good against Deer plays is fucking retarded.
Even pretending like 1-mana on Plasma Storm isn't a big difference is retarded. It means it's now 7 mana to gain board advantage instead of just returning it to neutral and the card doesn't even kill the deer itself.
>>
>>127795293
Are we talking about the same plasma storm
Because the one I'm thinking of costs 5 mana and kills deer
>But saying that Tempest is just as good against Deer plays is fucking retarded.
It still kills the adds, it still leaves deer in auto range. Of course it doesn't kill any potential 3-life activators, but that's taking the hypothetical example too far- and tempest was a fucking retarded card anyhow, it's good that it's nerfed
>>
>>127795640
>Because the one I'm thinking of costs 5 mana and kills deer
Oh shit im retarded, nevermind
>>
>>127795640
How is that taking the hypothetical example too far? You think people are just going to put down a deer on-curve? Fuck no, they're going to combo it with 2-drops with 3 HP. Tempest doesn't do shit against that kind of board state.

Too strong is a separate discussion. Claiming it's just as good - no - claiming it's better because you save one mana is retarded.
>>
>>127796825
Because we're pitting best or near-best case for Vanar, deer with 2 drop with 3 life on curve, against worst drop on Tempest, 2 mana tempest only
Vanar might as well have played a 2 life jaxi, or a 2 life Hearthsister, or a 1 life loremaster
But yes, you're right 2 mana 2 damage tempest is not better against deer than 3/3 one
>>
>>127787513
>songhai
>not running triple tracers kitting like pussies the entire match
>not dodging until your broken OTK combo
>not relying on bullshit Inner Focus insta damage and rush

don't delude yourself songcuck, you truly are the most cancerous faction in the game
>>
File: image.jpg (68KB, 456x361px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 456x361px
>jaxi to mini jax to mark of solitude

Why didn't anyone tell me? This is hilarious
>>
>>127800467
Mark of solitude was already fun on that 1/2 ranged drop, with jaxi it's bonkers
Also get it in arena, also get the frenzy 2/2 drop. It's basically an insta-win if you manage to drop it early
>>
>>127800467
Mark of solitude is broken in general if you play small minions. I play a shitload mechavanar and if a single cannon or mini jaxi survives one turn I can clear with it till kingdom come.
>>
>be vanar hipster
>Get to be cancer
>WEZ NO CANCER!!!
>WEZ DO NOTHEN' WRONG

Meanwhile a magmar (not even top-tier tourney deck) was uber cancer.
Ayyy.
>>
File: image.jpg (13KB, 250x186px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13KB, 250x186px
>>127807717
What the hell are you even saying
>>
>>127798530
That's not near-best, that's the standard fucking play for a deer drop. that's literally what you're looking to do on the same turn you play it.
>>
File: 1425364563524.jpg (149KB, 850x850px) Image search: [Google]
1425364563524.jpg
149KB, 850x850px
>>127800338
I'm jewtruvian though. Always liked the egyptian style.
>>
>>127810245
Turns out that deer is not a compex card
>>
>>127811374
Not claiming it is. Just that Deer into a 2-drop that, outside of jaxi, is going to have 2 health isn't some kind of super uncommon play that is unreasonable to account for when discussing how effective tempest is against it.
>>
>mfw never gonna get past rank 11
>>
>>127811819
but it's easy nigga. I got to rank 5 the month that I started riding on the fox dick.
>>
>>127811659
There's about a 50/50 distribution between 2 and 3 health 2 drops for the average Vanar deck, I'd say. 3 jaxis, 2-3 hearthsisters, 3 mystics, 3 cloakers or headhunters.
>>
>Snowchaser
>Fenrir
>Razorback
>Mark of Solitude
>Hailstone
>Mana Burn
>Aspect of the Mountain
I don't understand, what's the point of playing other factions (Songhai excluded, because it still has its kill the general niche). Vanar just has better creatures and spells than any other factions, the others just have a gimmicky keyword that requires you to jump loops to achieve the same result they get for free.

Jax into Razorback is the old Vet combo, Mark+Jaxi is better than any other buff into Jaxi. Snowchaser is a mini Sarlac for 1 mana, Fenrir needs 2+ cards to get rid of. There's no counterplay here, you're at the mercy of the Vanar player's draws. You can't use ranged shit of your own, because le balanced sister of teleportation. They do all this, while shitting the most efficient and powerful removal for 2 fucking mana, 2 mana to get rid of any threat in the game that doesn't have spell immunity.

Can't wait for them to get their balanced version of tempest that deals 4 damage to all enemies only for 4 mana. It's balanced, because everyone is playing Vanar or general killing Songhai, so who cares right? Hope they enjoy having a game as dead as this general with their hearthstone audience chasing.
>>
>>127815139
Because all your theory crafting means nothing in tournament.
>>
>>127815139
Jax into razorback is a two turn combo and relies on 1 health minions
Snowchaser requires a not-full hand to work properly which is actually often not the case, especially if you run stuff like aspect of the mountain

Vanar wasn't buffed nearly hard enough to warrant all the bitching in this general
>>
>>127815892
>Steal the most broken dispel in the game from another faction
>Nerf the hardest counter to the faction, AoE
It doesn't matter though, not worth arguing the matter. People will defend their brain dead easy win deck of choice to the death. Magmar players were frothing at the mouth when nerfs were suggested to their obvious broken faction. The new overpowered faction will be no different, it's the nature of any competitive game where cards/characters aren't completely free to play, and even when they are free, people will defend the thing they invested time mastering.

Almost no one is interested in fair play, people just want to win. No amount of arguing will yield any result. The devs will cave in to whatever the vast majority of ladder plays bitch about, and once it's Vanar's turn, you'll be the one shitposting.
>>
>>127815139
kinda funny how 2 weeks ago everyone on this general was crying for Vanar to get buffed and Lyonar/Magmar/Vet/Songhai to get nerfed

Vanar got a nice removal tool and better board presence due to AoE nerfs, but they're not nearly close to broken status. Razorback combos existed way before and require so much setup it doesn't really warrant bitching

Fenrir could be turned into a 3/2 for token or something. Aspect is slow as fuck and is basically a worse Holy Immolation, why are you even crying about it? Snowchaser is dead after turn 1, unless they run aggro (Infiltration is awful overall)

Basically, minor adjustment to Fenrir seems to be the only needed thing.
>>
>>127816362
>magmar was broken
Lyonar>=Vet>>Magmar>>Songay>Abyss>>>>Vanar.

Magmar was a midrange junk style deck, that punishes dogshit players with 1-1/1-2 until it out values you and you lose.
>>
>>127816362
Two aoe choices got nerfed since they were overpowered and cheap bullshit. There's like a dozen more to use, on every faction except Vanar
And for your interest, I'm not even playing the game much at the moment because keeper of the vale is pissing me off, so it's not just a case of me wanting to keep on pwning newbs.
>>
>mfw climbing diamond with songhai black locus deck
This is fucking hilarious because no one expects it and no one runs AOE right now.
>>
>>127816931
And Vanar got access to the neutral ones, of course
>>
>>127817042
So you just try to get 2 asap and pray that the enemy can't remove both?
Still, all the usual AoE choices still rek you. Hell, Magmar drops a single spirit harvester and all your flood is gone
>>
>>127816931
Which clears?
>Plasma
5 mana so the thing is already out of control by then, only removes 1 fenrir
>Tempest
Useless card general
>Fury
Lmao, just lmao.

Your faction is now ûbercancer that puts magmar to fucking shame, get fucked vanarcuck.
>>
>>127817901
All of them? Morph, harvester, holy, mantakor, that shitty aby spell, the neutral options, tempest, fucking everything
>>
>>127742856
how does vanar have efficient recovery?
>>
>>127817901
>why can't I drop a mana card to make a full board of enemies go away
This game shouldn't have boardwide spells at all unless they're super weak.
>>
>>127818630
*3 mana card
>>
>>127817646
Usually I get one and inner focus it away while I dodge around the place and clear with my masks. Next turn I buff one of them with killing edge and start the flood.
I got wrecked once against abyss of all things because a breath of the unborn happened. Magmar would wreck me, yes, but I fought against 2 of them and I could kill them before locust even came out.
It either works amazing or falls into my face, but that's songhai for you and I was tird of the foxes anyways.
>>
>>127816460
Literally the only thing that was weak about Vanar was that they were reliant on tempo in a game where AoE removal was rampant. The two biggest offenders are now nerfed and rare on ladder. They now have an extremely powerful new removal tool to boot. Fenrir was always a monster to get rid of and now they just have all the tools to back it up.
Did the AoE deserve to be nerfed? Absolutely. But its effect on the game is far-reaching. The game will be better off in the long-run, but for now Vanar are dominating this style of play.
Don't handwave the entire environment around the game suddenly shifting as "AoE just got nerfed, no big deal." It's a game changer for a tempo-obsessed faction like Vanar. Getting mana burn is just a cherry on top. Now they have 3 of the best removal in the game instead of just 2.

Are you implying that Snowchaser isn't easy as fuck to activate? If they have turn 1 they're basically garunteed to get its effect.

Making Fenrir a 3/2 would be a god send, I'll agree to that. That it takes two 2-drops and a dispel to be dealt with is insane.
>>
>>127819018
but the only vanar deck that is "dominating" the ladder is mech, which is not tempo
>>
>>127818565
I meant removal, my bad
>>
>>127818630
>ME GO FACE!
>ME AGGRO
>ME NEVER LOSE
>me also bad player, but me never lose, me go face me over extend me get no punish
>>127818310
>Harvester
2 damage to everything at 5 nice.
>Makator
6 mana 4 damage
>Morph
>Removal
You're retarded.
>Neutral options
You mean sword and not even outside of songhai? Yeah you're retarded
>Tempest, breath of the unborn
>Playable (this is your brain on aggro)

Ladder is and will be 100% aggrocucks, tourneys are to be ruined by aggrocucks. This was said, but every upset vanar hipster aggrocuck was like "N-nuhhh!!! WEZ BALANCE NUH CANCEEER!!!" now they've shown their true colors, rancid fucking cancer.

Aggrotads, not even once. Thanks for ruining the game with 24/7 crying so you can go face and there is ZERO way to punish retarded aggroshitters over-extending all the time.

>>127819018
This sets an example tho, and it's a bad one. I guess "yay for HS2.0 now with leggo RNG must have"
>>
>>127818565
Because their strongest minions are low cost and they have enough removal to deal with anything. Their weakness used to be early removal and no good board wipe. Early removal got covered by giving them the best single target removal spell in the game, board wipe got covered because everyone else got nerfed to irrelevance from vet to lyonar. Honestly with stuff like fenrir and razorback in their lines vanar was a timebomb waiting to happen, they just needed a little push.
>>
>>127819185
I don't know what ladder you're playing on but I've seen very few mechaz0rs compared to the flood of standard tempo Vanar.
>>
>>127819217
Congratz, you know numbers
What's your point
>Morph
>not Removal
???
And why are you posting like an ironic shitposting cunt fresh out of /v/
>>
File: 1377556761028.jpg (77KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
1377556761028.jpg
77KB, 625x626px
>>127819217
but aggro doesnt leave a bunch of shit on board because your going face

do you even play this game?

>makator is bad
>harvester is bad
>megamorph is not removal
>>
>>127819217
And thus the general went down the shitter.
It was a fun ride guys, see you ingame
>>
>>127819517
Begone vanar scum, you suck at this game like you do at life.

>>127819594
>be vanar/songhai shitter
>defend your cancer-filled shitfaction to death and basically kill the game

THIS is why aggro players should be genocided en masse, a game is only as good as the amount of aggroshitters in it.
>>
>>127819707
General was always shit though. Dead shit.
>>
>>127819742 (you)
>>
>>127819919
It was dead but it had decent quality posts.
Now it's all retarded.
I guess we let it die
>>
>>127819994
The devs did go full fucking retard and made the game into an aggro-combo filled piece of soggy shit.

>inb4 butthurt aggro or combo kids
>>
>>127820390
They are sellouts. Jaxi was the beggining of the end, keeper will stay here for long and I can't wait to see the next retarded RNG that they will try to force down our throats.
>>
>>127819994
I'll agree that guy's a fucking idiot for saying Metamorph is somehow not removal but not gonna disagree that Vanar's too strong as-is.

The RNG is getting hard to ignore these days too.
>>
>>127820573
My guess is 3 or 1 drop.

At least jaxi had the decency of being common.
>>
>>127820826
Sure, rng is fucking cancer, and maybe Vanar is too strong, but I quite doubt it
But just look at his trainwreck of a post, I don't want to converse with memespouting cunts like that one
>>
File: NoDQ.png (706KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
NoDQ.png
706KB, 1366x768px
Guess I'm not getting a daily
>>
>>127821071
Don't respond to meme spouters and try to keep discussion worthwhile. It's the best we can do.

All generals are eventually overtaken by memes.
>>
File: rwH70Ex.png (895KB, 1300x760px) Image search: [Google]
rwH70Ex.png
895KB, 1300x760px
wew lads getting that second best quest combo
>>
>>127821071
>>127821071
Vanar is basically pre-nerf goodmagmar now.
>>
it's just been vanar and lyonar on ladder all day
>>
>>127824865
Here it's vanar, abyssian and songhai
Magmar has become the new hipster faction so it's time for me to change sides I guess.
>>
>>127825214
Magmar is unplayable m8. You lack value plays you had before, jaxi or similar ranged unit at range is pretty much auto-lose.
>>
how the fuck am i supposed to kill this general cuck in one turn
>>
>>127825370
It's pretty fucking ridiculous, how is Magmar supposed to deal with threats the first few turns? Jaxi into buffing the mini Jaxi is practically a play for all factions except Lyonar, and Magmar can literally do nothing if the mini spawns far from him.

Why the fuck does Abyss have breath of the unborn? It's not a control style faction, give that shit to Magmar. Hell, they'd even make use of that shitty 2 damage sword spell that poorfag Lyonars use. Just anything, to make them not completely helpless before 5 mana.
>>
>>127825370
kinetic equlibrium m8
>>
Literally what's the point of arcanysts and golems? It's not like the decks are anything amazing and basically only one card in each actually helps with their decks
>>
>>127786545
Droopy?

I agree. To all Vetruvian player: remember, we are now playing another WWE game, boys.
>>
>>127829304
Golems have 2 cards, Arcanysts have just the owlsage I think?

>>127829438
No I still enjoy Vet. Time Maelstrom is forever my favorite thing to do and blast is fun to play around with so the new TW doesn't bother me. I don't get the hilarious 25+ damage combo blowouts anymore but I get to take 3 turns in a row so I can't complain.
>>
>>127829304
golems auto win against aggro if they dont out your vanquishers
>>
>>127824865
>Lyonar
Fucking how? It has to be aggro Lyonar. It's impossible to play anything more expensive than 3 mana that isn't keeper of the hearthstone audience. Playing a guardian is just game over, they always have hailstone. What can possibly save us from this "shit minions on board" meta? There's no way to deal with sticky bullshit, and Vanar has the stickiest bullshit by miles AND the only way to effectively deal with sticky bullshit, 2 of them actually, since le mana burn 2.0 :^)
>>
>>127829617
wait what, 25+? I thought it just 15+

But there's still no deny about: "Whoever plays 3rd Wish first wins" most of the time.
>>
File: ss+(2015-12-09+at+03.16.29).jpg (539KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2015-12-09+at+03.16.29).jpg
539KB, 2560x1080px
>>127829956
With three 2-attack creatures and one Third Wish yes it was 15. Not every game was ended with SF + TW, though.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 402x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 402x500px
>>127829956
>shitting on vet mirrors where they draw all their 3rd wishes and I don't draw any Legos
>>
>>127829438
>>127829617
I will say that I don't like that they're becoming a buff faction more than a control faction. I hope it doesn't continue. I like playing to end game.
>>
>>127833216
Vet is da new WWE Champiuuuuuuuun
>>
>>127833370
I don't get this meme
>>
Plasma Storm at 5 is stupid. By that time your opponent is deffo dropping or buffing 4/x's

Kinetic Equilibrium is fuckin amazing though. 4/1 young silithars and white mages are great at closing out games.
>>
>>127836841
Has anyone experimented with the white mages? They look too situationational to play in all but the most niche of decks.
>>
>>127837264
lad white mage is healing mystic
>>
>>127837264
What card are you thinking of, anon?
>>
>>127837571
My bad, thought it was the white palm guy.
>>
>>127838847
I was thinking about the white palm + kinetic since you could get away with using in on your minions with less than 2 hp to lethal someone.
>>
>>127834016
all vet does now is buff until it's strong enough and slam all other minion and the general, no need to think how to play and dont give a fuck about the opponent.
>>
HOw big is this game now days?

I started playing since the dawn of time but I haven't touched it for a long time now.

Do people still play this bitch?
>>
>>127846286
Finding games is quick so yeah.

General's just dead.
>>
File: 6YfEuap.png (749KB, 1110x717px) Image search: [Google]
6YfEuap.png
749KB, 1110x717px
>tfw you play vanar but you unbox 3 post nerf sarlacs in a row

I DON'T EVEN HAVE WINDBITCH FUCK YOU ORBS GIVE ME ACTUAL LEGOS
>>
>>127848918
>people complaining about 350 dust
what meme is this
>>
>>127849131
Has to wait again for another balance change to redeem full value
>>
>>127849428
if you're desperate for a card just dust it immediately
>>
>>127849428
I doubt sarlac will be changed anytime soon
>>
File: 3642132315321328132.png (2MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
3642132315321328132.png
2MB, 1280x1024px
poor guy, such gang bang
>>
>>127854821
why are you hiding your name there anon?
>>
>>127855475
because why not, nub said
>>
>>127855475
don't want to reveal the fact that a famous streamer trolls the 4CHINS
>>
>>127856619
4chinchins
wait there is a "chim"er here?
>>
I'm guessing Dervish were at least somewhat okay back when Strike Back didn't exist right?
>>
>>127858498
let me tell u, Wind storm was once gave dervish flying.
>>
>>127858498
strike back does not affect dervishes at all since they die after a turn anyway
>>
>>127859768
>>127858850
I'm just thinking Obelysks are weak because of universal strike back. Being able to trade in the current build is pretty important. I'm just guessing about the Alpha build, but the game was completely different since SB was a special ability and trading might not have been as common. 0/6 wouldn't mean much since a Dervish is going to appear your next turn.

If obelysks existed back then anyway...
>>
ded
>>
Actual balance patches when
>>
/dyg/, fix obelysks in one change.
penalty for attacking that doesn't involve counterattacking?
>>
>>127863532
Can't be dispelled.

easy.
>>
Magmar is better than people think, even though it's probably less consistent now. Getting to s rank took more time and a lot of games were decided by not having enough healing in top 20 cards. Getting flash&Makantor into Keeper against Vanar or Vet is hilarious. Also you supposed to run double crossbones now, that's how you deal with ranged crap. Third wish early is pretty autistic though.
>>
>Play big minion
>Hailstone
>Play small minion
>Chromatic
>Play medium minion
>4 damage + draw for 3 mana
>Have to be on the opposite side you start to remove their cheap 1 mana drop
>Have to use a dispell plus a 3 mana rush or a 3 cards to remove their 3 drop
>Can't leave anything alive or Mark of Solitude and Razorback :^))))
>Try to run away or hide a weak ranged/buff minion? 2 mana Juxt on a 3/2 body
>Keeper on curve summoned Fenrir? GG, unless of course you're playing a balanced faction like Vanar with their remove anything 2 mana spells of course ;)
>>
reminder that vanar players dont actually run avalanche so you can stay on their side to avoid blue goblin and shit while you build up your meme fox otk
>>
>>127865780
That's literally the only way to win now. You gotta play solatire and ignore board, because it's literally impossible to wrestle the board from the class with the best removal and stickiest minions. At least fucking Magmar's removal and sticky minions aren't all 3 mana or cheaper.

Literally every card their faction uses needs a1 stat point or 1 mana hit to put them in line with everyone else.
>>
>>127865780
reminder that i always run avalanche specifically for that

>meme fox
how many ribs did you break sucking your own dick
>>
>>127863532
Structure is a dispel-able ability.

A dispelled obelysk can now move and attack.
>>
Bitching about Vanar balance is pointless as long as kotV isn't changed. Vanar has the big advantage of having their best card as a 3 drop, which obviously works well into resummon
>>
>>127865780
I run two exactly for that. It ain't always useful but it's there when you need it.
>>
>>127865637
What faction do you play
>>
>>127867804
KotV won't change though. He's on every game right now until they shit out the next balanced card next patch
>>
File: image.jpg (356KB, 5000x2571px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
356KB, 5000x2571px
>make a vet deck with only legos and epics
>fight a Songhai
>lots of ranged and mech pieces
>I don't even attack or anything just go up to the enemy general and summon minions along the way
>it's 8 to 21
>by the end he has 3 buffed mini jax, 2 cannons and some other stuff on the field
>he kills all my minions and still has lethal
>he concedes
>>
>>127867935
>kotv won't change
>until he will change
Well yeah
>>
How to fix Jaxi
>Dying wish: Summon a Mini-jaxi in the closest unoccupied corner
Of course it's random when he's in the middle, can't really fit that on the text though
>>
>>127867984
I could not make heads or fucking tails of this story man
>>
>>127869165
I read it like thrice and then gave up
>>
>>127869165
>>127869295
>>127867984
who's fucking doing what to whom?
>>
Hello good people, Hearthstone shitter here.
You talk about RNG all the time, but compared to the cloaca I come from this is paradise.
I'm still in silver and it's my second day playing, but I can tell I will stay for a long time: I'm finally having fun.
Sorry for ruining your game by joining it when it got worse.
>>
>>127875134
I don't see why devs adopting some of the worst cards from HS has with you. Anyway, made me reply, so W/E.

That aside, what's the concensus on Vorpal Reaver? He seems like something any weenie/deathwatch deck would love to run. if he isn't I guess it goes int othe furnace so I can get my Vet going, haha.
>>
>>127875512
Oh, nevermind then.
I was misinterpreting some posts for scorn towards us, hs newcomers.
Would you mind telling the worst cards that were imported here?
>>
>>127875512
Reaver is amazing in big boiz since he demands a removal fast or he just wins the game, but you need to play the sacrifice thing which is a pain in the dick tbqh
>>
>>127875512
I DUNNO MAN IT HAS THE WORD RANDOM IN IT
>>
>>127865780
vanar player attempting to bait bronzers into getting board-wipe-chain-stunned to death detected
>>
>>127867659
this is actually pretty fucking clever
>>
>>127875662
Fenrir Wolfguard, a 3/3 for 3 mana that leaves a 3/3 token on death, and Keeper of the Vale, a 4 mana card that will revive any one of your unit that died during the game. Those two on curve are pretty much GG. There are some other problematic cards, but that isn't because they are too good on their own, but rather because they are all on one faction.
>>
>>127875134
>You talk about RNG all the time, but compared to the cloaca I come from this is paradise.
RNG cancer started pretty recently. I mean, the game alwys had some rng, but weak one with little variation, that's basically there for balance purposes. Like Obelysks spawning their dervishes on random spots- if you could choose which spot they'd spawn on, they'd be vastly stronger.
But the last two months introduced two impactful rng cards. Jaxi, which is a 2/2 that spawns a 1/1 in a ranged corner on death. If it spawns in the furthest corner from the enemy, he has to dedicate removal to getting rid of a measily 1/1, because otherwise the enemy will buff it to high heavens. If it spawns close to him, he can just bash it. It looks innocious, but it can actually cause major swings. At least you can still somewhat play around it, by positioning your stuff correctly and only killing the jaxi when you're sure it'll spawn in a favourable way, or that you can remove it.
This month, however, introduced Keeper of the Vale, which is turbocancer rng. It's a 5 mana drop with 4/5 stats, which is decent but not good, buit its effect is killer- on playing the card, it spawns a minion on a spot that you can choose, and the minion is a friendly one that died in your game. So, one guy plays the kotV and gets a Jaxi, the other one plays it and gets a 5/5 or something, and the game is basically over and decided by rng.
Most of the community is up in arms because we want the card(s) changed, and don't want more turbocancer to be introduced. The next balance patch, coming at the end of January, will basically decide if the game goes down the shitter or not.
>>
>>127878042
Fenrir isn't rng, kotV is neutral and 5 mana
>>
>>127879798
>Jaxi, which is a 2/2 that spawns a 1/1 in a ranged corner on death.
*in a random unoccupied corner
Also KotV is a legendary, increasing the turbocancer factor by also making it p2w
What a trainwreck of a card goddamn
>>
>>127879890
They are cancer. I didn't say they are RNG cancer specifically.
>>
>>127878042
This is quite funny, because those 2 cards/ effects are not really good in hs.
I can see why they are broken here, playing 2 things instead of one is really powerful playing on a grid.
>>127879798
>positioning your stuff correctly
Teach me, sensei, that Jaxi has raped me many times.
>>
File: jaxi.jpg (157KB, 1002x528px) Image search: [Google]
jaxi.jpg
157KB, 1002x528px
>>127881570
There's not much you can do except occupying the corners yourself and focussing on these two spots, since they allow you to reach two corners at once
>>
>>127881570
Are you kidding man? 4 mana Shredders ruined every other card in the meta in it's cost bracket, because nothing else had that kind of value, and this was with it always dropping a strictly worse card after dying.

That being said, the ARE worse here at the moment, mostly because the only faction that has them is the one that also has the Freeze Mage skills. UGH.
>>
>>127883535
Again, KotV is a neutral, stop misinforming
>>
>>127883749
I never mentioned what faction Wolfguard or KotV are, so stop choking on your dick already.
>>
>>127884070
> mostly because the only faction that has them is the one that also has the Freeze Mage skills. UGH.
>them
>implying multiples
>while talking about kotv and fenrir
>>
>>127884192
I was talking only about Fenrir, because someone said Shredder isn't that bad (which I disagree with), and I also said why Fenrir is regarded as one of the most cancerous cards ATM. I never mentioned KotV specifically.

There, is that specific enough?
>>
>>127885829
Yes, good job
>>
Holy shit. So much Vanar cancer on ladder
>>
>>127888630
You asked for this.
You killed tempest and magmar control for this.
It's your fault.
>>
>>127888725
I didn't kill anything. I didn't even care about Magmar
>>
I'm new and I'd like to play vetruvian probably. Are they still good after recent changes? If so what cards should I craft first?
>>
I still don't really like the placement of the mana tiles. It basically forces you to play a certain way if your player 2 or else player 1 will take the advantage.
>>
>>127893406
i just take mana tiles even if i dont need them, just to deny my opponent. better to stay even than get too greedy, imo
>>
At what levels do you unlock all the faction emotes?
And other emotes?

I couldn't find anything about it in the FAQ.
>>
>>127895937
starting at level 12 i think and then every old numbered level until you reach level 29.
>>
>elucidator + diretide frenzy

and people think makantor is retarded.
>>
>>127897658
but makator + 2/2 buff is a better 2 card combo for the same mana
>>
>>127898142
but makantor is 6 mana and the 2/2 buff is 1mana
>>
>>127897658
Well its a 2 card combo vs 1 card play. What did you expect?
>>
>>127865637
Watch out! If you go to the enemy's side, he'll avalanche!
>>
Someone please explain how you beat Vanar. Shit looks easier to play than Magmar.
>>
>>127900607
Kill their units. Everything except Warmaster dies to stiff breeze.
>>
>>127900854
That's why they only use warmaster, le blue goybling, horsie and cloaker (not always) from their faction.
>>
>>127902718
horsie?
>>
File: Lantern_Fox.png (82KB, 264x334px) Image search: [Google]
Lantern_Fox.png
82KB, 264x334px
Quick, post balanced cards
>>
>>127868159
I see this suggested a lot and I don't see how it would fix much. Sure it'll be less frustrating to lose completely to RNG but now you'll just lose to well-placed mini-jax more consistently instead of having a chance of dealing with it. What's the point?

Summon it where he died. It's already a better than a Vale Hunter.
>>
File: eggmorph.png (80KB, 250x316px) Image search: [Google]
eggmorph.png
80KB, 250x316px
>>127909250
so salty, anon
>>
>>127909751
>Kill one
>The other OTKs you
;)
>>
>>127892814
They're still good.
New Third Wish is a monster for controlling the board.
New Cosmic Flesh is strong with all the aggro on ladder
New Portal Guardian seems to have disappeared but I feel people have been too reactionary about him and he's still a fine card. Not that I would run him but to call him bad is jumping the gun, I'd say.
New Star's Fury is disappointing in my eyes. Third Wish makes conga lines way too risky so you'll find more efficient board states to use it on but now there's less of a reason to use it. There's no insane damage combo you're looking to achieve and Third Wish controls the board well enough that blowing 5 mana just to reset to neutral is a shit idea most of the time.

Now that I think about it, why doesn't Vet get old Chromatic cold? Helps reinforce their idea of forcing bad positioning into Star's Fury. Not that it would help with that card getting fucked but I'm surprised they didn't do it. Just get rid of Bone Swarm. Give that to Magmar, might as well with how shit Mana Burn is now.
>>
>>127909751
>>127910581
i know egg morph isn't a counter to lantern fox, i guess i took your shitposting at face value and posted a balanced card
>>
>>127909571
Because I have a chance of dealing with it. I know were it'll spawn, I can do stuff against it.
>>
>>127912386
But it'll be spawning in the best possible possition for your opponent rather than having a chance of spawning in the best possible position for your opponent.

Spawn it under him. He's already 3/3 for 2. Why even give him an opportunity to get insane positioning?
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-08+at+03.33.37).jpg (537KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-08+at+03.33.37).jpg
537KB, 2560x1080px
>4 games
>4 Vanar wins
Jesus is this all ladder is anymore?
>>
>>127914590
I see you have been using my man sarlac, has he been wrecking face for you?
>>
>>127914590
It' what tourney's gonna be too, just you wait.
>>
>>127912789
>But it'll be spawning in the best possible possition for your opponent
You want the mini-jax to spawn away from the action, which usually means away from where the Jaxi died.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-08+at+03.57.30).jpg (559KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-08+at+03.57.30).jpg
559KB, 2560x1080px
>>127915101
>5 games
He conceded, obviously

>>127914765
I like him. I've got him as a 2-of right now and every time I post my decks everyone always find him the most contentious part of it. You're constantly looking to buff something now with Cosmic Flesh and Third Wish Changed so he's a consistent body in the best case, and is a much-needed Chromatic Cold soak at worst. His shit body isn't even that big of a concern anymore with how strong TW is. 4/4 blast gets the job done even if it's not as strong as other targets. I've won quite a number of games just because he's been on the board. I dunno if I'd bump him to 3 but I'm happy with trying him out.

Makes me feel more unique too which is always a minor plus.
>>
>>127915328
I was talking about when your opponent uses it on you.
The free positioning you get out of his effect is simply too strong.
>>
>>127883535
I was thinking more of Cairne, since the drops are both identical to the original one, now I get it.
The token should be a 2-1, maybe 2-2 I guess.
>>
File: engineer there is a situation.gif (301KB, 136x240px) Image search: [Google]
engineer there is a situation.gif
301KB, 136x240px
>can't kill enemy chaos elemental
>3rd wish 1st wish 1st wish
>>
>>127921329
>oponent wipes every minion in the field
>two third wishes and a siphon in my hand
>draw
>cosmetic flesh and first wish
>mulligan
>another third wish
Can't wait to never draw them in the next game. That fucking spell is the inner focus of vetruvian, you win if you can play it you lose if you can't. And aymara just sucks now,everyone either ignores the board or just lolhailstonechromatic now.
>>
Vanar matchups:

Advantage:
>vetruvian

Even:
>Magmar
>Lyonar

Disadvantage:
>Songhai
>Abyssian
>>
>>127924140
Magmar is advantage.
>>
>>127924273
Lyonar too. I can't mantain a minion in the field against them, I lose early against fenrir and after that everything gets hailstoned.
And I don't know about abyss, but as songhai there's nothing worst than having a fenrir in the back of a general.
>>
>>127925742
That's a good point.
Songhai can still facefuck you with foxies
>>
>>127912789
Well, below him makes him utterly useless, you'd have to buff the stats hard to make it worth it.
Closest to him, which allows both you and your enemy to play for/around it. Maybe nerf the stats to compensate. It's certainly better than rng bullshit
>>
>>127914590
I got like 12 wins in a row, from above gold to diamond with Vanar, last season
That doesn't mean shit anon
>>
>>127912789
>>127929134
To elaborate: if you see that the enemy has a jaxi on the field, you don't necessarily put your minions on the middle line, since that allos the enemy to suicide his jaxi into it and get a safe mini-jaxi. This inherently creates more interesting board dynamics. That alone is a vast advantage over the current system.
>>
>>127925742
Your personal inability to play against Vanar effectively does not mean the matchup is Vanar-favored.
>>
nth for fuck songhai
>>
>>127929319
I was talking about all the Vanar more than straight wins.

My day went:
7 Vanar (3 mechaz0r)
3 Abyssian (1 mechaz0r
1 Vet
1 Songhai

Remember to like, favorite, and subscribe to my blog posts.
>>
>>127931306
he is right tho.
>Play early game minions
Vanar's are better
>Play midgame
Silenced+2 damage for ez removal
>Play lategame minions
Lmao hailstoned

Both Lyonar and magmar used to just board wipe, now they can't and hence it's a bad match up. The tempo loss from getting your archon or elder removed for 2 mana is huge.
>>
>>127932157
Mechazor has always been a fucking shit boring concept
>>
>>127932269
I agree to no end. It's just a "Oh do I have an answer? No: I lost; Yes: I win"
>>
>>127932424
Exactly
There's even a fucking 3 mana card that instantly counters the whole archetype
Why can't the devs into good gamedesign despite having a decent game at their hands
>>
>>127932246
>Vanar's early game minions are better
Fenrir is the best 3-drop in the game. He is better than all of your early game units. All of your early game units are better than all of Vanar's non-Fenrir early game units.
>Silenced+2 damage for ez removal
No, Martyrdom and Lasting Judgement are ez removal spells. They actually kill the Vanar minions. Chromatic Cold leaves your guys up and all of them except Silverguard are still decent afterwards.
>Lmao hailstoned
Don't drop a huge minion when you have too many cards in hard, or possibly drop that huge minion anyway if it's named Keeper of the Vale. Fuck are they gonna do, Hailstone your Keeper? Who cares.
>>
reminder that silverguard trades with fenrir :^)
>>
>>127932786
>All of your early game units are better than all of Vanar's non-Fenrir early game units.
Cloaker trades with zealed windblade.
The rest are neutrals.

Oh wait.
>That whole hailstone rationalization
yeah, you're bad. Nevermind.
>>
File: high level gameplay.jpg (455KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
high level gameplay.jpg
455KB, 2560x1080px
>>127929134
>>127930868
How is that useless? It's still better in every way to Vale Hunter. Why is it okay for it to be overpowered if we take away the RNG involved in its strength?

Should Keeper of the Vale just spawn the strongest creature that's died? It's not RNG so it's okay that it's overpowered.
>>
>>127933278
>How is that useless?
Because it will instantly die to everything
Okay, maybe I got too used to Jaxi being the default neutral 2-drop and it's worth a though, to make jaxi more of a situational card. But I'm pretty sure it'd just disappear instantly
>>
Should Keeper of the Vale just spawn the strongest creature that's died? It's not RNG so it's okay that it's overpowered.
You don't have to make hyperbolic nonsense arguments for us to get your point anon
>>
>>127933065
But Windblade is on pretty much all the time, Cloaker isn't. Hence, Windblade is a better unit.
>The rest are neutrals.
Silverguard isn't. It also happens to tear through everything Vanar's got in the early game unless they can silence it.
>>127933278
>How is that useless?
Because your 1/1 ranged unit is being spawned in melee range.
>>
>>127933605
>It also happens to tear through everything Vanar's got in the early game unless they can silence it.
If only they didn't have hailstone, mana burn and aspects... If only ;_; If onl they couldnt fenrir and general hit...
If only.....
>>
Jaxi
2 Mana
Ranged
Airdrop
1/1

fixed :^)
>>
>>127917947
cairne costs like twice as much for 50% more stats
>>
>>127933605
You have the best tool in the game to mess up with zeals. It's a minion called hearth sister which is actually fucking amazing. If you don't use it that's not my bad. If you don't fully exploit stuff like mark of solitude and jaxi in order to clear everything that's not my bad. No one gives a shit about cloaker, everyone knows that it's trash.
>>
>>127933749
>wasting hailstone and aspect on a 3 mana creature

go right ahead m80
>>
>>127933749
>hailstone
>2 mana to bounce a 3 mana card
>mana burn
>2 mana to not even kill a 3 mana card
>aspect
>1 mana to turn an 1/5 into a 3/3
Anon please
>>
>>127933749
>Hailstone
One less hailstone that will be used on a unit that isn't meant for the early game. Hell, you're pretty unlikely to have a full hand at that point.
>aspects
>Aspect on a 3 mana minion
Hahahahahahaha
>>127933882
Hearth Sister is a shitty body that trades with an un-zealed Windblade, though.
>If you don't use it that's not my bad.
To be clear, all this is from the perspective of a Lyonar player who has never felt like Vanar is advantaged against me.
>>
>>127933580
>>127933605
If you kill it off in melee range, sure. You can pick off an enemy that's out of position just fine with it. Is that not an interesting positioning mechanic?

Even if it dies instantly it soaked 2 attacks and dealt 3 damage. How is that not strong for a 2-drop? Especially when it's not guaranteed you can deal with the mini-jax. Only two faction-specific 2-drops can say they do the same thing and Gloomchaser would still be a worse Jaxi even with this nerf.

You've gotten too used to a mini-jax being able to give you free effective trades. You've forgotten what a balanced 2-drop is supposed to look like.
>>
>>127934231
Just make the minijaxi an opening gambit like gloomchaser, spawning in any position near the jaxi
>BUT IF HE SPAWN IN THE FRONT THEN IT'S USELESS
well, that's rng for you you piece of shit.
>>
>>127934214
>Hearth Sister is a shitty body that trades with an un-zealed Windblade, though.
Hearth sister trades with all windblades, zeal or not
>>
>>127934231
Actually I now agree with you, I hadd too strong of a case of stockholm syndrome, where I warmed up to my jailor because I thought I'd be stuck with a shitty variant anyhow
I remember that I wanted the card to be deleted when it was first introduced
>>
>>127934683
just make it spawn the mini-jax like 4 tiles or less behind jaxi
>>
Love FFT.
Love Tactics Ogre.
But I see this involves cards, and I got sick of Hearthstone real fast, mainly seeing the same fucking cards/decks every single game.

Would I enjoy this?
>>
>>127934231
>If you kill it off in melee range, sure.
Well...yeah. How would it get killed off outside melee range barring Darkfire Sacrifice? You would have to have it trade with an enemy while also not have any other enemies nearby.
>Only two faction-specific 2-drops can say they do the same thing
The 2/3 2-drops routinely soak 2 attacks and deal 4 damage, if I'm right about what you're referring to.
>>127934683
No.
>>127934791
That is true, yes.
>>127934974
>like 4 tiles or less behind jaxi
That's kind of the point of the proposed change. You should be able to reach the Mini-jax if it spawns in the nearest corner.
>>
>>127935054
Fuck no, tiny card pool atm and lots of very strong and thus mandatory faction or neutral cards
Check the game out again in a year or so, it'll either be good or turbocancer
>>
The game needs more vanilla cards like golems to balance around, like a 2/4 2 drop or something along those lines
>>
>>127935054
this game has much less to do with board positioning than either of those, although it has gone up with the aoe nerfs last patch
>>
>>127934683
That's literally gloomchaser but with range.
Hell, that's probably even stronger as a turn 1 play than current Jaxi.

We're also trying to minimize RNG as much as possible.

>>127935102
>You would have to have it trade with an enemy while also not have any other enemies nearby.
That's what I was saying

>The 2/3 2-drops routinely soak 2 attacks and deal 4 damage
In optimal cases, sure. Those creatures also don't have ranged, though. They don't spawn a body making them extra-sticky.

How is 3/3 for 2 a bad card?
How is a free optimal positioning on a ranged minion a balanced card? How is a 2-drop that can completely control the pace of the game a balanced card?

>>127934912
I'm glad you agree, Anon.
>>
>>127933868
Jaxi
2 Mana
Ranged
Airdrop
1/1

if the opponent is songhai, deal them 25 damage
>>
>>127936043
>I'm glad you agree, Anon.
But I only agree with you because of >>127935417
There's no true neutral 2 drop to balance jaxi against. I'd say that on the same spot was too weak if there was a 2/4, and in that case closest corner would be fine, since it allows for board-centric plays
>>
>>127936043
>How is a free optimal positioning on a ranged minion a balanced card? How is a 2-drop that can completely control the pace of the game a balanced card?
It's not, which is why people are asking for a change that spawns the ranged minion nearby in a predetermined spot. Jaxi-related problems arise from when it spawns on the opposite side of the map.
>>
And vale hunter obviously got powercreeped hard
>>
>>127936547
And it can still do that very easily as early as turn 2 with the proposed change. Now it'll just be more consistently in an untouchable position.

So how is that a good change? Just because it's less random doesn't make it too powerful.

>>127936396
There's the vanilla 3/2 golem, unless you want to consider the creature type part of his effect.
>>
>>127936897
2 health minions don't really count, they're just fucking shit by default unless they have some amazing effect, like heathsister, since 2 dmg general attack
>>
>>127936897
>Now it'll just be more consistently in an untouchable position.
The whole point is that "nearest corner to the Jaxi" is the least untouchable position you can get in pretty much all cases.
>>
File: ee360b3c301a75b9b21e913f7cae76fe.png (985KB, 713x1074px) Image search: [Google]
ee360b3c301a75b9b21e913f7cae76fe.png
985KB, 713x1074px
>playing vet, get third wish and the other guy doesn't so I blast him away
>friend request
>we complain about how boring the new vet is and we shit on keeper and jaxi
This happens with every single person that I add. It's like no one likes this game anymore, not even me. It might be time to leave for a while at least.
>>
Going to start playing, just installed and creating account.

Anyone want to give me their referral code?
>>
>>127937109
But that's not true. The treshhold where it would switch from one side of the map to the complete other side of it it exactly where most of the game takes place. It's very easy to simply move to a different position and get guaranteed perfect position on the mini-jax. Again, this is something you can do very easily on your second turn.

Alternatively, player 2 puts down 2 Jaxis in front of him turn 1. First Jaxi is in an advantageous position for him, forcing you to either back off or give him a perfect mini-jax. Second Jaxi is in the exact middle of the map. 25% to spawn in any corner just like it is now. Nothing changes.
Hell, if he was smart he'd put the second Jaxi on his side too then you're forced to run away or completely concede board control.

The change makes Jaxi just as strong. Just less random. Jaxi is a problem because he's both random and too strong. Solving one problem isn't making the other go away.

So what exactly is the problem with having the mini-jax spawn under him when he dies?
Honestly the mini-jax wouldn't even need ranged for it to be a decent card. 3/3 for 2 is not going to be a bad card ever.
>>
>Stuck with Abyssian Challenger quest, but I'm a bit low on gold so I decide to go for it anyway
>Build unbelievably shitty creep deck and lose 3 games in a row to people whose card choices imply they were also doing quests
>Fourth game is against full on Magmar Control
>Actually win
I don't know what to make of this.
>>
Thoughts on Voice of the Wind? Is it generally better than Ancient Grove/AOTM? Just got one and I'm wondering about swapping it out for the Grove or Aspect or not.

>>127937872
There are no referral codes. Use redditpals if you want 100 starting gold and to be branded as a redditor

>>127937134
Eh, I'm betting they'll fix it in the new patch. Hopefully.

Keeper severely needs a nerf, but the nice thing about is that you can't play it if you're already losing.

Jaxi needs a slight nerf, too, but it's not nearly as bad as Keeper.

>new vet
Well, the previous one had tactics, but this one is shit. I can't say it didn't need a nerf, though. It just needs more synergy with SF and everything else - maybe if one card was reworked to give +1/+1 to three minions, but third wish was kept as blast (because quite honestly the synergy with sand howler is great).

Vanar needs to be straightened out, because holy fuck they barely have any thematic anymore, although their "stay on either side of the field and get punished" ability is kind of impossible to play around, but not nearly as much as Songhai. Not to mention Fenrir having a really annoying health pool to play around. If they just made the Spirit Wolf 3/2, I think I'd be happy enough.

And Songhai is the worst of it, along with Abysshit. Songhai still has no weaknesses beyond easily-removable provokes, and any Abysshit is running aggro to the point where they're incredibly frustrating to play against.

That is, they're mainly frustrating to play against because not only do they have high attack but two Shadow Nova and you've lost almost 25% of your base health, and another one and you'll lose 50%.

Magmar has lost its stance on any pure control builds due to the loss of Mana Burn, while aggro Magmar is still where it's always been.

Lyonar's been nerfed, but I don't really think I can argue with it, beyond that they need something else to keep them effective against swarms.

People will leave
>>
>>127939776
>Vanar needs to be straightened out, because holy fuck they barely have any thematic anymore
You're not wrong, but I always see people bringing this up while disregarding the fact that you can say the same thing about Vet.
>>
>>127939776
The whole game feels like a clusterfuck to me atm
Songhai is completely detached from the rest of the game and does its own thing
Vanar and Vetruivian don't really have a theme anymore
Nor does Abyssian, really
Magmar seems okay, but to me their playstyle doesn't seemt o be particularly enjoyable or satisfying to either player
Lyonar seems to be the most fitting concept still left, but their default wincon, Divine Bond, is all kinds of lame
>>
>>127939776
Jaxi and Keeper sort of fill different niches of OP though. I wouldn't call one worse than the other. Obviously Keeper's going to bull bigger bullshit since it's 3 more mana but Jaxi's position as a 2-drop that can completely dominate the board is pretty notable in terms of broken.
You're wrong that you can't Keeper while behind though. It's pretty often the optimal play to try and regain tempo via roll of the die actually.

I agree they need to give us more SF synergy. It wasn't a broken card, shitting out 15 free damage was broken. With the current card pool SF could be a 3-mana card and be fine.

I'd like both Fenrir and the wolf to be 3/2s, honestly. I don't think that's too unreasonable of a nerf.

Songhai isn't even countered by provokes. Juxtapose means you need an unreasonable amount of protection to be safe from. MDS is bad enough on its own but when you need to be hugging a wall and 1 provoke still isn't enough there's a fucking problem.

Shadow Nova is fine, though. Dark Seed is honestly my biggest agitator.

And kill Archon already. And Metamorph if they ever plan on buffing Magmar.

>>127940049
I got into Vet because I liked the spell-slinging blue control feel it had. Now they play like a white aura deck and the niche I loved is gone. Maelstrom keeps me interested but it's not enough.
Shoulda changed TW to be like Cruel Edict. 3 different control-y effects targetting different shit involving 3 somehow. A lot more interesting than blast blast blast.
>>
>>127940610
Eh. Looking at Vet I always think they ahve a "stronghold" there, where you are supposed to make a fort that will lead you to victory (high HP "walls"/ literally walls with Obelisks), and Blast as their "cannons", hitting from the back line. I'm only Silver tho and just started recently.

Abby is obvious all about ALAHU AKBAR, sending units into you untill you die.

You aren't wrong about Songhai. Playing against them is scrambling to kill thembefore their solitare game ends and they OTK you.
>>
>>127941642
That's probably what they intended for Vet when this game wasn't a card game and was a tactics game but now they're just a faction that plays the stickiest creatures possible to slap buffs on them
>>
>>127941252
>And Metamorph if they ever plan on buffing Magmar
Mate magmar is and will be dead.
>>
>>127944068
They're dead but if they ever want to be buffed nerf that shit first.
Didn't say they weren't dead.
>>
>>127937872
>>127939776
Nevermind that, I've already uninstalled. Seven games in a row of getting shit on by people with full-on epic/purple cards at Bronze/starter level.

At least Hearthstone is transparent about forcing you to pony up the wallet.
>>
>>127941252
>I'd like both Fenrir and the wolf to be 3/2s, honestly. I don't think that's too unreasonable of a nerf.

Hmm, I don't know. I like the Warmaster having 3 health, since he's tanky at base, and at the same time, having just 1 health on the wolf would mean a Bloodtear or Wing of Mechaz0r could oneshot it and have a minion left over. I like the card as one of the meatier ones of Vanar, but they need to work on Avalanche + positioning + whatnot.
>>
>>127944574
The game is actually super generous with rare cards. I'd wager a good majority of the posters here haven't spent money on the game and feel happy with their card pool.
>>
File: spellcasting lizard.webm (1MB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
spellcasting lizard.webm
1MB, 480x360px
>>127944574
Hmm, I would've waited.

The ladder is hell until halfway through the month or so, because talentless songoloids and abysshits use decent decks but suck so much that they get pushed back into earlier ranks.

It's a fucking mess, but rare cards are actually rare. People having epic cards isn't surprising, though, if they haven't played in ladder before.

Start on the quests, get a bunch of packs. You can pretty easily get free legends + epics from starting achievements, and you might find yourself enjoying the game with a more well-built deck.

>>127944950
I am, but I've never fucking got TW, so I've never even been able to switch to Vet.

Back when I played Magmar, I didn't have any Metamorph/Silithar, either, but beyond those two instances, I'm really happy with the cards I rolled.
>>
File: BasedRNG.png (1MB, 1275x718px) Image search: [Google]
BasedRNG.png
1MB, 1275x718px
After days of only getting bland packs, I got this.
>>
>>127946130
Sooooo
470 dust? And an OK lego? nice
>>
>>127946298
but both of those leggos are good
>>
>>127946368
>Magmar
>Playable
Hahaha
>>
>>127944950
I didn't spend any money in HS and I'm happy with my card pool. It only took me seven months of getting outvalued by more expensive decks.

Maybe seven games wasn't enough of a sample, but it's a very ill foreboding.

Also, they were all seven against Songhai. Not even in HS there's this level of "single-classitude".
>>
>>127946579
They literally took the game out back and killed it last patch.
>>
>>127946298
Thats pretty good for someone who's starting out.
>>
As a beginner should I buy gauntlet tickets or orbs?
>>
>>127944574
I can probably agree on that. I got a friend to play recently and I shit you not that he ran into someone at bronze with a fucking fleshed out magmar deck.
>>
>>127946579
Most of the people here started playing when open beta hit. So, what? 2-3 months ago?

You get legends/epics much quicker in this. Much much quicker.
>>
File: t9rsXii.png (392KB, 1300x760px) Image search: [Google]
t9rsXii.png
392KB, 1300x760px
>>127947250
depends on if you are good at gauntlet
>>
>>127947870
Well don't you get a free orb anyway? So even if I lose I'll get one. Doesn't that make it better?
>>
>>127950278
Someone did some calculations and the rewards for gauntlet are just as good as busting orbs if you manage to get 1 win every time assuming you dust everything
>>
Finally got to gold after Vanar hell. Can I level some other factions now without losing rank? If I can which faction will be good after they nerf the cancer?
>>
>>127952474
S-rank here.

You're never out of vanar hell
>>
>fotmers follow mana burn

kek
>>
>>127952474
Yes.
>>
reminder that aspect of the mountains literally destroys the mirror
>>
>>127946579
I've been playing for about 10 days and have all Magmar commons, rares and the majority of epics. But I keep pulling vanar leggos so I spirit them away to complete my Magmar collection.

You can quite easily open 1 pack a day, 2 if you grind out 15 wins etc. Plus instead of the usual pack being 1 rare 4 commons, like HS. It's more like 1epic, 2 rares 2 commons.
>>
>>127952889

>tfw you have to make up names to hurt others because you can't win
>>
File: cilmL5o.png (880KB, 1300x760px) Image search: [Google]
cilmL5o.png
880KB, 1300x760px
>>127954272
but I can win anon what are you talking about?
>>
>>127950401
So you're suggesting I do gauntlet? I have enough for a ticket should I wait until tomorrow?
>>
>>127954697
>vanar player

epic
>>
>>127954865
you get a free ticket your first time

>>127954992
check the patch shitposter-kun
>>
>>127955110
so, it's not even him. even epicer.
>>
>>127955110
I used my first ticket on wednsday.
>>
File: mfOdDc6.png (722KB, 1300x760px) Image search: [Google]
mfOdDc6.png
722KB, 1300x760px
>>127955221
wrong again
>>
What deck will be good after they nerf stuff?
>>
>>127955387
I bet you KS backers have special incite on the patches months before release.
>>
>>127955572
im not a backer, ive spent no money on this game, I played briefly in closed beta.
>>
>>127955572
why so salty?
>>
File: Snow_Chaser.png (80KB, 237x301px) Image search: [Google]
Snow_Chaser.png
80KB, 237x301px
What would you change about Snow Chaser?
>>
>>127957995
make it a 0 mana
>>
>>127957995
infiltrate is now a permanent effect as long as you spawn the minion on the opps side
>>
how do we fix holy immolation lads?
>>
>>127961475
Make it heal and deal 2 damage. Make it 2 mana.
>>
>win 7 games in a row after on a roll from yesterday
>get no gold or credit until I lose

welp
>>
>darkspine elemental
>blood siren
>gloom chaser
>crawler

Why does Abyssian have such terrible low drops?
>>
>>127966370
most of them are for synergy
>>
/vg/ to 15 pages when?
>>
Counterplay to fix their shit when?
>>
Anyone actually go to the forums enough to know how they're reacting to this patch? Counterplay is never gonna be paying attention to what's said here but if their forums are in an outcry to Vanar, Fox, RNG, Keeper, Jaxi, etc then maybe we'll actually see some good changes.
>>
>>127973479
vanar is balanced in relation to the rest of the factions though

if you mean nerf their big boi units and give them actual synergy then probably not anytime soon technically they are supposed to be the minion removal faction anyway
>>
>>127973479
They haven't said shit and probably won't until the end of the month. Until then, they are going to follow the LoL tradition of pumping out broken shit every month so people can buy packs, complain, and get it (implying) nerfed at the end of the month. Repeat cycle until game dies.
>>
A patch is going to happen next week right? It's supposed to be every two weeks.
>>
>>127973479
why don't you
>>
File: The Listening.jpg (295KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
The Listening.jpg
295KB, 1280x720px
I haven't played in about two weeks, how is the meta shaping up right now?
>>
>>127980583

Worse, somehow
>>
>>127980583
>haven't played in about two weeks

but you sure still find enough time to post in the general in those two weeks.
>>
File: Great Thing.png (593KB, 760x400px) Image search: [Google]
Great Thing.png
593KB, 760x400px
>>127980717
Elaborate

>>127980759
I haven't posted all week actually but sure. I stopped a bit after New Year's to focus on other games.
>>
>>127980867

No. Fuck you.
>>
File: Maybe.jpg (286KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Maybe.jpg
286KB, 1920x1080px
>>127981476
>>
>>127973479
People bitch about kotV a lot, but Vanar isn't seen as particularly overpowered
>>
I just don't understand the thought process behind making kotV
It doesn't even have the 'spawn on random spot' mechanic most other spawn minions have to balance things
>>
>>127966370
Because you want to smash them into the enemy for the Deathwatch/Deathwish effects.

In case of Blood Siren you just treat her like a Ranged unit and make sure she is never in melee range of anything.
>>
>>127986243
Mistook Siren for Shadowdancer sry.
>>
How to fix the game:
>remove Mana Burn/Chromatic cold
BAM! No more FotM faggots, no extra 2 mana removal for Vanar.
>>
Gauntlet choice:
Vanar, Songhai, Lyonar.
Pick for me, I'm noob.
>>
>>127992762
Vanar usually does the trick for me
>>
What is the best faction for gauntlet?
>>
>>127995229
Dude: the last 2 posts.
>>
>>127995373
>Vanar Songhai Lyonar

Forgot only 3 factions existed. Thanks, faggot
>>
>>127995508
>Vanar usually does the trick for me
This was the answer, it was in absolute terms.
You are welcome.
>>
Do you wish they had made the game more tactical instead of a tempo value blitzfest where the average minion survival time is 0.8 turns?
>>
heck of bunp
>>
>>127995508
>>127995583
To elaborate, I lucked out and got Vanar in my last 5 runs (4 before the update) and got 9+ wins every time with okayish drafts
Vanar just got tons of removal and value minions
Pick all the fenrirs and hailstones and manaburns you can get
>>
File: Untitled2.png (678KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled2.png
678KB, 1366x768px
>tfw this general keeps dying and I'll have no one to brag about my 12 wins to
>>
>>127999220
I lost all interest in this piece of shit game as soon as it was made clear that devs don't give the slightest of fucks and are slow as fuck to make new content.
I'll probably come back when the alt general for Vetruvian is released or a decent, meta-changing patch.
>>
>>127999685
>as soon as it was made clear that devs don't give the slightest of fucks
explain further, I've only been playing for two weeks
>>
>>128000392
He's probably mad about the slow update frequency, only once a month, at the end of it, at the moment
Also everyone is worried that there'l be a flood of rng cancer, see >>127879798
>>
>>128000392
I'll start when I began playing, so it's not a full picture:
>3x 2mana Sarlac deathwatch dominates the meta
>Sarlac nerfed to 3 mana
New season:
>Deathwatch Abyssian disappears, replaced by Rush/Creep
>meta is COMPLETELY LOCKED DOWN by Magmar Control with their retardedly OP cards
>SF+TW Vetruvian makes people as butthurt but that deck needs a lot of dust to craft and has easy-to-pull-off counters
>Songhai is still a solitaire OTK faction with only a slight variety in the way they go face: backstab+buffs or spells+artifacts
>Vanar is the underdog but they aren't unplayable

New season:
>new annoying 2drop Jaxi and a few shit cards
>no balance changes
>everyone cries about Jaxi except magmar who just shit on it with Mana Burn
>one more season of retarded fagzillas stomping on everything
Here's the worst part:
>forum shitters whine more about Vet's legendaries than Magmar, thinking that TW is just 3 mana 9dmg even though it needs a setup of 3 minions alive to cast it
>devs cave in and take away the SF+TW combo replacing it with a different TW and 5 mana SF
>Magmar gets 1 of its OP card transferred to Vanar which causes retarded Vanar outbreak we see today
>still a bunch of card combos that are broken as fuck, e.g. Flash+ Elder/Harvester/Makantor/Elucidator
>Vet plays with TW differently, utilizing early game blast very effectively
>Lyonar gets nerfed in the wrong places bc Tempest wasn't as broken as Holy Immo
>New legendary is fucking broken in decks where every minion trades well, e.g. anything Vanar/Magmar
>devs won't do shit until the end of the month because of their retarded schedule
>a good chance of no balance changes at all as well
>>
>>128001192
Also:
>Magmar's Plasma storm nerfed, making them almost completely disappear from the ladder
>new cards favor aggro and RNG shitfests
>>
>>128001192
>>meta is COMPLETELY LOCKED DOWN by Magmar Control with their retardedly OP cards
Totally false, but do go on.
Oh wait
>vet shitter
Ayep, disregarded.
>>
>>128001935
Castrated fagzilla detected. Fagmar was everywhere from Silver to S-Rank.
>>
>>128002109
>M-muh ladder
The broken decks where
Lyonar=>Vet>Fagzilla>Songhai

Also magmar was balanced it just made shitty players upset. Like midrange in mtg really.
>>
>>128002201
>lyonar
>broken decks
Fuck no, they were no more trouble than the rest.
>magmar was balanced
Opinion invalidated.
>>
>>128002303
>Lyonar
>Not broken decks
Ayup, forgot your anime image there shitposter.

Magmar was 100% balanced shitter slaying faction, but shitters run this crap it looks like. Enjoy your eternal aggrohell.
>>
>>128002436
>>128002303
Quality discussion
>>
>>128002436
Holy immo and regalia stacks are the only things wrong with Lyonar. Fagzillas shat on everything indiscriminately with their rebirth fucking shits/plasma storms/nat selection on empty boards/flash elders/buffed up makantors. If you think nerfed Magmar is the cause of aggro hell you're completely mistaken.
>>
>>128002643
Fagmar destroyed bad players. You're a bad player. The end.

Magmar was the gatekeeper of slaying dogshit players and aggro genocide, killing magmar is surrendering to the HS audience, AKA subhumans like you.

Thanks for destroying the game m8.
>>
>>128002806
So basically, you're a control player and you're super buttmad that your archetype is no longer overpowered bullshit
>>
>>128002806
Lmao that's one of the most bullshit ways to justify Magmar abuse for 2 whole seasons, faggot. I'm no aggro player and I still detest the existence of Magmar control. And if you can't pack enough heals to outlast aggroshits you're the shitter here.
>>
>>128002806
Also it's pretty funny how you seem to assume that there's only two archetypes, aggro and control, and that everyone who disliked Magmar cancer must be an aggro player
>>
File: gib advice.png (901KB, 1369x822px) Image search: [Google]
gib advice.png
901KB, 1369x822px
I honestly have no idea what the correct choice is here.
>>
>>128002806
>being this mad at plasma storm and mana burn
>>
>>128005052
Elder is prob best, gotta get more early drops tho
>>
File: Blogging keeps the thread alive.png (3MB, 1915x965px) Image search: [Google]
Blogging keeps the thread alive.png
3MB, 1915x965px
I am enjoying this deck.
>>
>>128011524
vanar mirrors are why infiltrate should become a permanent effect as long as you spawn it on the opps side
>>
>Panddo can be transformed in to Panddo
Transform mechanic is fucking bullshit.
>>
>>128002806
>plasma storm destroyed the viability of weenie decks
>metamorph destroys control mirrors
>good early drops
>good midgame drops
>best late game drop
>best removal in the game

Last season they were just as prevalent as Vanar is this season. 7/10 of my games were Magmar. 3/10 were Lyonar.
>>
>>128015154
Infiltrate should just be reworked entirely. I hate the mechanic.
>>
>>128018046
This and I'm a Vanar player
I like that they tried to make a mechanic centered around the board but there's certainly better ways to do that
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-09+at+02.47.55).jpg (568KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-09+at+02.47.55).jpg
568KB, 2560x1080px
Nice Time Maelstrom :^)
>>
>>128019535
How many do you run in your deck? I Just started with the game and I pulled 2 of them already, so I might just try to play them. Any tips for a vet beginner/bugdet deck that could use the maelstrom?

If that's possible at all.
>>
>>128021040
The kind devs made it so if you want to play vetruvian you need 3 third wish. There's no other powerful thing in the faction at all, maelstrom is cool but it rarely wins games.
>>
>Just want to win a game so I can open my pack today
>Same lyonar player 3 matches
>gets perfect answer every turn and holy immo after holy immo
Yeah, thank you game. I don't know why but after I invested spirit in a deck it never turns out right.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-09+at+02.53.56).jpg (505KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-09+at+02.53.56).jpg
505KB, 2560x1080px
>>128021040
Well first things first Vet isn't a budget faction. A lot of their core cards are legends. They /need/ 3x Aymara and 3x Third Wish. Rasha's Curse is a pretty powerful tech card though I'd hesitate to call it necessary. They no longer require 3x Portal Guardian and 3x Star's Fury since both got nerfed but now there's Keeper of the Vale every faction save for aggro is running at 3 (thanks counterplay).

That said Time Maelstrom is very powerful but requires the right kind of deck to function. If you don't have your 3x Aymara 3x Emerald Rejuv and 3x Third Wish I dunno if you'll be able to stall the game out long enough to get the use out of it. But that's in upper brackets. If you're just starting out I'm sure you'll be able to just stick it into any janky Vet deck and see results. I run two, personally, but I feel my deck is pretty differentiated from most other Vets at the same time. I /never/ see anyone else running Sarlacs, understandably. You might want to try it out as a 1-of and gauge its success from there.

I'll talk more about budget Vet options in another post, character limit and shit.
>>
>>128022384
Is this your deck? Seems like it since you are running sarlacs
I ended up modelling mine after it with some small changes. It's been giving me good results so thanks for posting it bra.
I disagree with the 3 ayy. Imo they are too slow since mostly everyone is running aggro and they are too weak to dispel now since they portal guardians are kill. Don't get me wrong, they are still good. 3 just seem too much for me, 6 mana is high cost as fuck in this meta.
>>
>>128022384
Meant this deck >>127723826
>>
>>128021040
>>128022384
As for budget Vet you might be able to get away with dervish deck until you start to run into people running 3x dispels.

Siphon Energy at 3 might be your top priority. That card is mandatory.
Pyromancer gets a lot of hate but she's quite powerful if unanswered. The problem is that she's answered very easily. Very risk/reward. You'll probably be fine until the dispels start flowing in.
First Wish is great and top decks run it as a cantrip.
Cosmic Flesh is good now but I'm not sure how it'd work in less fine-tuned builds.
Second Wish is kind of a trap, I think. You need a very very aggressive deck to really get use out of it and that's not something Vet really builds for. Especially with TW changed.
Entropic Decay is another card I feel is a bit of a new player trap. It's great as a tech card against people playing beefy, singular drops (mostly Lyonar but anyone running Archon) since Vet has few options against those. But new players seem to run it at 3 and that's dead too often.
Orb Weaver is decent. Pretty weak since general can just take care of one of them. Run Sand Howler over it if you can.
Bone Swarm is okay on a budget. I wouldn't rely on it too long.
Starfire Scarab is pretty strong when you're new. Too slow to run later but can handle boards well until then.

Generally good neutrals include Healing Mystic, Jaxi(OP), Rejuv(get ASAP), Primus fist, Tiger, Dancing Blades, Rocky is okay, Maybe Bloodtear with all the Jaxis

>>128023180
Yep That's me
>>
>>128023180
>>128023510
>>128023643
Oh, accept I swapped out a Chaos Ele for another Crossbones because I keep running into Mechaz0r
>>
File: first_try_at_vet.png (490KB, 300x1167px) Image search: [Google]
first_try_at_vet.png
490KB, 300x1167px
>>128022384
>>128023643
Thanks a lot for your answers. They're pretty useful. Meanwhile here's what I've come up with after playing for about a week. It's performing kinda ok-ish.

I shoved in cards that help me against situations I run into more often than I'd like. So I have a lot of odd numbered cards in it, partly because I lack a 3 set and partly because I'm using them a silver bullet.

Absolutely loved it when I could wrestle lethal out of a Songhai because he was cocky and let some of my creatures alive and I could drop a Maelstrom for two rounds of attacks into his face.
>>
>>128024495
I'd recommend taking out the 1 drop and the shroud for healing mystics and maybe the silhouette/mirage master for hailstone golems. Second wish could also be cosmic flesh.
>>
>2 mana 2/3 that let's you heal anything
>4 mana 4/4 that only heals your general

One of these is fine and the other is crazy retarded. Can you find out which one?
>>
>>128025196
You're retarded if you're seriously suggesting Mystic is stronger than Rejuv
>>
>>128025319
I think the point of that post was to say that whining about ER is retarded.
>>
>>128025196
Neither. Mystic and Rejuv are autoincludes because burst damage and burn are ridiculous and that will still be true no matter how often you bring them up.
>>
>>128025667
This. If you want to go anywhere against an aggro Abysshit or Songoloid you definitely need healing.

Thoughts on making the Grailmaster 6 mana and the Sun Elemental 3 mana? Sun Elemental just never has the space to be played, and it's objectively worse than a Razorback or Primus Fist (partially because of the cost).

Grailmaster is just annoying, because in almost every scenario

a) it can get pretty easily dispelled
b) another play establishes more board control (at turn 4-5)
or c) it gets thrown out with only room for 2 mana, leaving you basically no extra room for any other board control at all, instead relying on a high-priority target that can fairly easily be removed.

Thoughts? I'm certain Sun Elemental needs a buff for it to be useful in even midrange decks, and I'm not sure about GM.

ofc I'm not saying a bunch of other stuff isn't broken, just wondering about these two
>>
>>128024495
As I said, Entropic and Second Wish are new player traps. Try to avoid them, though Entropic is okay as a 1-2 of.
Dragonlark is total trash
Mirage Master is waaay too slow
Staff of Y'kir and High Hand are okay I guess. I wouldn't run them.
>>
>>128027126
>>128025104
Alright, Thanks guys.
>>
>>128027126
it's weird that drawing cards isnt really a desired action in this 'card' game
>>
you already draw 2 cards per turn and there is a max mana limit of 9 and a hard hand limit of 6 so a card that only net draws you 1 card for 1 mana is only eh
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-09+at+04.52.36).jpg (613KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-09+at+04.52.36).jpg
613KB, 2560x1080px
>cosmic flesh on pando
I can't breathe. This board.
Juxtapose your way out of this you faggot.

S-rank took me a bit longer this season. I blame that on Elite: Dangerous.

>>128031696
It's not that it's not desired. That's not the case at all. It's just that different decks focus on it more than in other card games. Drawing a lot is generally associated with combo decks but with the small hand size, two draws a turn, and ability to mulligan every turn combo decks end up with too many cards in hand and not enough need to draw their pieces. So in this game, aggro is who draws more than anyone. Rite of the Undervault and Ancestral Divination are both powerful draw cards.

The problem is with a standard Vet's mana curve they're going to have a full hand way too often to make use of it.
>>
File: okay1.jpg (482KB, 1280x967px) Image search: [Google]
okay1.jpg
482KB, 1280x967px
>>
>>128032657
>30
>8
>>
>>128032508
I can smell the spiral technique
>>
>>128032657
>tempest
>>
>>128032508
I lost after doing the same thing except >>128017461
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-09+at+05.00.32).jpg (283KB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-09+at+05.00.32).jpg
283KB, 2560x1080px
>>128034176
I replaced the crossbones for a first wish. Put Third Wish on an Aymara and the middle Rejuvinator and moved to attack with the other Rejuvinator. Woulda been 21 damage. He conceded. Shoulda tried to sac that shit but maybe he only ran 1 Spiral. I don't know how many Songays generally stick in their decks.
>>
>>128034450
I stick two, always. If I reach the late game I will need them and I can always mulligan them away.
I like the faction but fuck playing songhai with bad RNG. It has to be the worst feeling in the whole game.
And I still find no way to play with my ebin kage. I like his style but the guy doesn't work for shit.
>>
>>128034817
Kage isn't a ladder thing. He can fuck up Lyonar really well since they heal too efficiently to really deal with the usual Songhai strats.

I honestly wish he was a ladder thing. Tired of the usual Songhai shit.
>>
File: itdesntworforshit.png (79KB, 690x222px) Image search: [Google]
itdesntworforshit.png
79KB, 690x222px
>>128036241
Tel me about it. I made this deck just for trying something a little different for once since I was tired of always playing songhai in the exact same way. It's bad, but at least it's fun to play from time to time.
>>
>>128026987
Sun Elemental shouldn't be random and Grailmaster doesn't need a buff.
>>
>bored of no lucky draws in muh chinese faction and quick aggro every game
>build a lyonar deck
>healing myself while winning against the aggro shitters and blast spammers left and right
This is chemo for the cancer. Jesus aproves of my deck
>>
>>128041317
>Archon
>not cancer
>>
>>128032508
Not that anon, but you should really elaborate on what deck uses it well (Dervish decks)
Also I feel Dervish decks with Sand Howler are not bad at all (in Silver), if the enemy isn't running Shrouds/Elightenders, which I don't see that often. I run 2nd Wish x 2 because the plan is to have a lot of trash one turn and Oasis it to help me box in the enemy the other.
>>
>>128043631
Even in a dervish deck I don't feel Second Wish is particularly noteworthy.
Inner Oasis is a very very win more card. It's super powerful when you can make good use of it but you rarely get the opportunity to play it where it's not a tempo loss over a creature.
Sand Howler is good now mostly because of the Third Wish change and tempest/plasma nerfs. Chromatic Cold is still everywhere to threaten him, though. You can't get too comfortable against Vanar.
>>
>>128044237
This goes for everyone tho. I just started, so I never played when Vanar weren't busted but MAN. A lot of their shit seems like it's scewed just enough to be bullshit (for instance, Chromatic dispelling a square, not a minion).

Also, while you are not wrong n Oasis being a "win more", I dunno. It often seems that the biggest flaw of Derwish decks is fragility. Especially when you got shit like Lynar about with 3/5 Provoke near their general.
So far it's ALWAYS been the better idea to bitch out and play like a coward, build up forces and Oasis when the chucklefuck reaches you with his buffed army.

So yeah, since everything there is so fragile (a 6 HP unit is actually rather fragile with 0 attack), I feel like 2 2nd Wish are mandatory for Dervishes, weather to throw more bodies out, or get the card that will prevent you dying to a stiff wind.
>>
>>128042153
archon is a soft counter to spell spam
so if your getting destroyed by archon you are the cancer
>>
>>128044963
The biggest flaw with dervish is that obelysks are trash. Inner Oasis doesn't fix this. Second Wish doesn't fix this.

>>128045237
Spell spam isn't cancer, Lantern Fox is cancer.

And Archon is still an insanely strong body what are you on about? He has the same stats as the vanilla in his mana cost but he gets an annoying effect on top of it.
>>
>>128045237
>Lyonar talking about how "spells are cancer"
My fucking sides. It isn't like Lyonar are about anything but bullshiting their way out of everything with Divine Bond and Holy Skillmolation.
>>
>>128045537
I dont play lyonar though anon because your right divine bond and holy immolation are cancer
>>
>>127957995
make it 4/4
>>
>>128045483
>The biggest flaw with dervish is that obelysks are trash. Inner Oasis doesn't fix this. Second Wish doesn't fix this.

I paritally agree. Fire ones can be good, windstorm ones are highly situational. and normal ones are just TRASH. I dunno, most "fixes" I've in mind probably wouldn't change a thing.

Giving Obelysk Dervishes one extra movement would be pretty swell IMO, or a card that forcbly spawns dervishes at Obelysks, or ANYTHING to make them more reliable... Then only thing we ahve like that ATM is Dune Caster and they are really not all that good.
>>
>>128046440
Fire is highly situational.
Regular ones are trash.
Windstorm is next level trash.

If they couldn't be dispelled is the only way I could imagine them being playable at all, really.

windstorm used to give dervishes flying but that got nerfed. I honestly don't see why but I guess it was a different time.
>>
>>128047437
My guess is that we can't have stoping Songhai ranged teleports or, god forbid, Mini Jaxis that easily!
>>
File: dahk.png (391KB, 505x762px) Image search: [Google]
dahk.png
391KB, 505x762px
Well, this is probably the most disgusting thing I've done in Duelyst ever.
>>128047437
>windstorm used to give dervishes flying but that got nerfed. I honestly don't see why but I guess it was a different time.
Probably Stars' Fury.
>>
File: 1450740202435.png (82KB, 391x388px) Image search: [Google]
1450740202435.png
82KB, 391x388px
C-could I have a Vanar deck?
>>
>>128050802
Sure! What'd ya want sweethearth?
Answer quickly cuzI'm going to bed soon
>>
>>128051938
VANAR CONTROL PLS
>>
File: iknowwhatimdoingson.png (107KB, 690x222px) Image search: [Google]
iknowwhatimdoingson.png
107KB, 690x222px
>>128052039
There ya go. Feel free to add two jax truesight somewhere, probably for the avalanche and a cloaker .
>>
How would you buff some of the worst cards in the game?
>>
>>128056043
by making them better

for some reason every flying creature in this game has shit hp
>>
>>128058695
I think Counterplay wanted flying units to have shit hp so the game wouldn't become "air dominant" and have everyone ignoring the fact there is a board. Current meta is doing a good job at that one already though.
>>
>>128061207
well its definitely better than last meta where 2 factions couldnt even keep a minion on board
>>
>>128061207
There's no reason why they couldn't make it flying (x). So the further you can fly the more heavily stats will be penalized.
>>
The only way to fix flying is to make it immune to provoke
>>
>>128064451
They could do this for a fucking lot of shit, though. Attack range, move range, spell range, plenty of shit.
>>
How do we fix frenzy lads?
>>
>>128067679
Make it a 3-square "cone" Attacks the target and the two available adjecent squares.
So you can at least slightly try to position around it.
>>
>>128067679
Increase attack range
>>
File: 1446094815226.png (527KB, 590x582px) Image search: [Google]
1446094815226.png
527KB, 590x582px
>>128038718
Eh, I'd disagree. Sun Elemental is fine with 2 random minions, because if it was chosen it'd basically be a 3/3 no-general heal instead of what could be 2 2/3 any heals.

Honestly, I'd just make it 3 cost, and see if it needs a nerf. The issue with it being 4 cost is that most of the time you can't squeeze it in with whatever play you make.

Same reason I thought Grailmaster could use a buff - maybe 7/7 for 7 cost, or keep it at 6/6 for 6. Right now, though, it's a mediocre body for 7 cost, and it's designed to be a fighter - not just a mage-type like Lady Locke or Spelljammer.

Speaking of which, how would you make Spelljammer actually useful? Thoughts?
>>
>>128069454
the reason its shit is because you draw at the end of your turn, so after you play it you draw 1

then your opponent kills it and they draw 2

its also easy to remove and not very bulky, dies to meme storm, etc
>>
File: 1449795508199.gif (637KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1449795508199.gif
637KB, 512x512px
>>128069382
I do actually want 2-attack range minions, like "reach". I can only really see it on a few cards, though, since ranged is already a thing.

I'm thinking of it as a potential keyword for Grailmaster, and that would honestly suck so much to roll it instead of ranged.

That being said, maybe a more powerful variation on ranged, but limited to 2 square reach, so you have to be in range of your target? Doesn't sound awful to me, provided the variation isn't overpowered.

I also used to wonder about the potential of a two-block provoke. It seemed interesting, since you could lock down an area without them being able to attack. Might be a better Gravity Well, but holy shit that would rule in things like Gauntlet.
>>
File: 1450437985887.jpg (2MB, 4096x2302px) Image search: [Google]
1450437985887.jpg
2MB, 4096x2302px
>>128069969
Yeah, that's why I mentioned it. I know it's pretty much the worst legendary out there.

Hence the "actually useful". So, how would you fix it? I was thinking of it only having effects for your opponent and being flimsier or more costly, but I dunno.

Also, speaking of terrible uncommon cards, how would you guys fix Captain Hank Hart? I mean, he's already tacky and everything, but he's just like Lux Ignis: a healing ranged enemy. Thoughts on him?
>>
>>128070513
spelljammar is 100% unfixable due to it fucking you over if it is dealt with next turn, i would need to have a completely different effect like your opponent cant play spells next turn :^)

Hank heart is irredemably shit, his stats are shit and his effect is shit, needs to be ompletely reworked

Lux ignis would actually be a decent card if it also healed your general and was a 4/4 instead of a 2/5

basically it would force your opponent to approach or else you would heal forever
>>
Black locust or Metamorphosis in Magmar Gauntlet? I heard dispel is a lot more uncommon, so I'm actually leaning towards the locust.
>>
>>128073630
Even without the removal, black locus is a massive tempo loss. Gauntlet is all about tempo. What's the third choice?
>>
>>128073726
Alright, thanks.

memejammer
>>
>>128073840
yeah metamorph will deal with the few big drops you'll see
>>
>>128073892
Thanks. This is the first time I've actually gone into gauntlet since I started a month and a half ago, so I'm sort of nervous.

/blog
>>
>>128074213
Nah don't feel bad about blogging this thread. We're dead without blogs.

I've haven't done gauntlet since before they upped the win cap to 12. I have all the cards I want and I don't enjoy the experience enough to keep up with it.
>>
>>128069454
Grailmaster is a minion that generates so much value the turn after you play it that you basically cannot lose from that point. It's not popular because, despite having the highest ceiling of any single minion except maybe Khymera, its floor is too low and the risk isn't worth it. It absolutely does not need a buff.
>>
>>128074558
I DID IT I WON MY FIRST GAME
>>
Is Archon still a viable Ayy replacement? I might craft Vet next month with the dust I assume I'll get when they nerf RNG Llama.
>>
>>128081109
Dunno about replacement but Archon is still as strong as ever
>>
How do we fix 6+ mana creatures
>>
>>128089048
Increase mana pool to 10
>>
What is the purpose of games capping mana anyway?
>>
>>128091116
>http://beta.duelyst.com/
>>128090554
>>128081109
>>128073726
>>128069382
>>128067349
>>128050802
>>128046206
>>128044237
>>128043631
>>128042153
looks like shitty hearthstone, and hearthstone... was a really shitty game.
>>
>Try this game out in December
>Amazing fun, finally a none Magic CCG that doesn't completely shit on control decks
>2 weeks later they nerf control the ground and turn it into the same mindless tempo and burn as every CCG on earth, with a dash of RNG just to make we know they're trying their hardest to be Hearthstone
>>
The koot thing about kotV is that it's rather cetianly going to get changed in some way, and that means loadse dust
>>
File: 1445733133841.png (288KB, 1536x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1445733133841.png
288KB, 1536x1536px
>>128093681
>op aoe and meme combos nerfed except fox
>control nerfed to the ground
Glad they made those changes, before the patch the only decks control which made all decks that wanted to use the board obsolete, and wombo combo burst which didnt need to use the board.

Now we have aggro, tempo, control, midrange, combo, and mechazor so we are already in a more diverse and fulfilling meta
>>
>>128094693
No. We have Vanar, Vanar, Vanar, Fox, Third Wish, and Vanar
>>
>Find out about this game
>Fall in love almost instantly, looks like something I'd absolutely LOVE
>Realize it's PvP and not a single player game

God, kill me. Really really not liking that, I fucking hate Hearthstone. I really want to try it, but jesus am I hesitant. Expecting netdecking fucking everywhere, and overall just not the good times I was hoping for when I saw gameplay and stuff for the first time.
>>
>>128094992
Hey now, let's be fair here. That one Vanar doesn't play le balanced blue goblin for a higher chance of keeper into fenrir. So much strategy, skill and variety :^).
>>
>>128094992
Why does only /dyg/ bitch this hard about Vanar?
The forums or reddit pretty much never mention them as OP
And I don't really believe that you guys are somehow all top tier comp player
>>
>>128095169
Don't bother, the ride is over. I literally got in 3 weeks before this patch, and was having a blast. There were barely 2 decks alike even in diamond division. Right now, I'm literally seeing decks card for card with what's on the forum in silver division every single game.

Also, literally every played deck is Jaxi, another 2 drop or buff, 3 drop or buff, keeper, game ends. Only Songcucks don't play by this style, because they never played the board to begin with. The game is literally Hearthstone right now. Just tempo and face decks, sticky minions, turn 6 and 7 ends. They caved hard to the ADD faggots who just want to farm gold and can't stand a game lasting longer than a minute and a half.
>>
>>128095169
>card game
>pve
>>
>>128095563
>Implying Pokemon TCG was a bad game
>Or Yu-Gi-Oh Forbidden Memories for that matter
>>
>>128095458
I'm bitching that that's literally all ladder is, not that they're too strong.

12/15 games today were Vanar.
>>
File: 1445743369486.png (199KB, 617x576px) Image search: [Google]
1445743369486.png
199KB, 617x576px
>>128095169
>casuals foreshadowing their endless shitposting because people copy tried and true decks from the internet
http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/introducingthe-scrub
>>
What the fuck are the devs doing all month long
>>
>>128095821
>not being a competent enough player to make your own tried and true deck
>>
>>128095821
I take issue with that simply because people just don't take the time to learn anything themselves, and just copy shit from the internet. That isn't fun to me. I actually really loved Hearthstone, I got in via one of the first few invite waves, and the game was amazing.

Then over time it just devolved into that shit I mentioned before. But being there when people were just putting forth their own time and effort into their decks was such a good time.
>>
>>128095821
I disagree with this. You can want to get better without copying the fotm decks to do so- especially since copying fotm decks doesn't actually give you much insight into how the ggame works, as in it doesn't let you gid gud. There's also the matter of fun- I'd have no fun copying a shitty fox deck, even if it made my win% increase by a few %. That's because I'm not a comp player, who does this to earn money, but I do this as a hobby, and deck building is a huge part of the game.
>>
File: 1420946803805.jpg (10KB, 324x278px) Image search: [Google]
1420946803805.jpg
10KB, 324x278px
>>128096176
>Many scrubs have strong ties to “innovation.” They say, “That guy didn’t do anything new, so he is no good.” Or “person X invented that technique and person Y just stole it.” Well, person Y might be one hundred times better than person X, but that doesn’t seem to matter to the scrub. When person Y wins the tournament and person X is a forgotten footnote, what will the scrub say? That person Y has “no skill” of course.

its almost like the author already knew what you were going to say
>>
>>128096205
I don't take issue with people having refined decks.

I'm just disgusted by inferior players who can't do it themselves. Casuals.
>>
>>128096146
Figuring out the best way to be Hearthstone without getting sued or pissing off their Hearthstone hating fanbase too fast. Can't ditch your core audience before you hit it big, gotta reel in the casuals first.
>>
>>128096360
>>128095821
To elaborate, the author is the kind of person who derives nearly all of his enjoyment from games out of beating people. That's okay, but he's not the only kind of person there is. I'm having way more fun with beating others with my own creation/playstyle/character of choice, sine that's a way better proof of skill to me than using someone else's creation.
>>
>>128096365
S-rank every month bro

Net decking is for casuals.

I said nothing of innovation. If your tried and true strat turns out to be the same one everyone else has found then that's simply the way the game is. There's always bound to be an efficient route.

It simply shows a lack of understanding of the game. It's not hard to know what cards work especially when the card pool is this small.
If you have no understanding of the game then you can't adjust when the game changes. If you have no understanding of the game you don't know why every card in your deck is run. You don't know when or how to play them to their strengths.
That lack of knowledge shows pretty clearly in game.
>>
>>128096527
>The scrub has still more crutches. He talks a great deal about “skill” and how he has skill whereas other players—very much including the ones who beat him flat out—do not have skill. The confusion here is what “skill” actually is. In Street Fighter, scrubs often cling to combos as a measure of skill.
I guess in card games that would be deckbuilding

>>128096756
And that difference in knowledge will show up during a game if you are better than them, I am simply telling people who complain about netdecking that they are retarded.
>>
>>128096882
I take issue with netdecking because I take issue with people who have no understanding of the game.

Is that not fair?
>>
>>128096882
That quote doesn't really have much to do with what I'm saying though
When I'm getting beaten by a fotm deck I'm not going 'yeah well at least I'm a more skilled deckbuilder than the other guy!', since I don't know if he came up with the deck himself. I think more along the lines of 'can I adapt my deck to account for the deck that just beat me?'
>>
>>128096882
Netdeckers are scrubs though, they're basically skipping more than half of the skillful parts of the game like original shitters would
>>
>>128097004
No because if you can play the game and win then clearly you have understanding of the game regardless of your deck origins. You may not be able to play other factions, you may not even be able to play other decks in your own faction, but as long as you can win with your one deck then none of that matters.
>>
>>128097393
What if the game is unbalanced as hell and your netdeck has an 90% win rate
>>
>>128097510
if the game is unbalanced as hell and you are netdecking the best deck you should be playing mirror matches at the highest levels, and having a 90% winrate in mirror matches is pretty fucking good.
>>
If you mean "even a total fuckboi could make it to rank 0 with Meme Fox combo if he has the full deck" that is a cards power problem not a netdecking problem. Only the devs can prevent that.
although in the future when everyone has way more cards the chances of a total scrub getting to rank 0 with a pay2win deck get much lower
Thread posts: 518
Thread images: 57

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.