[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spessmen on a Spess Station - /ss13g/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 802
Thread images: 102

File: station4.jpg (575KB, 1020x874px) Image search: [Google]
station4.jpg
575KB, 1020x874px
Truly Tiny Station Edition
Last time on /ss13g/
>a different kind of frog posting
>are bionics really worth that one million dollar investment?
>mancrowave: clean or meme?
>local botanist replaces 73% of bodily fluids with bong water, goes as well as expected
>why am I doing this guys I wanna go home

>What is Space Station 13?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHH1vfY6HTA
http://pastebin.com/VNcX2Quc

>New player guide
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/The_Basics
http://ss13.pomf.se/wiki/index.php/General_Help

>BYOND client
http://byond.com/download/build/LATEST/

>Pomf Serbian, main /vg/station server, running a vote script to change maps at round end.
byond://ss13.undo.it:7777

>Test server
byond://ss13.nexisonline.net:1336

>Public server list
http://byond.com/games/exadv1/spacestation13

>Forum, ban list and logs for vgstation
http://ss13.pomf.se/forum/
http://ss13.pomf.se/index.php/bans
http://ss13.undo.it/logs/

>How do I connect to the servers?
Hit the cogwheel in the upper right corner of the BYOND hub and pick "Open Location"

>Map renders collection: updated nightly
http://ss13.nexisonline.net/img/map-renders/

>Coderbus, here!
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13
@rizon #coderbus @rizon #vgstation

>SS13 booru for all your SS13 images!
http://ss13.booru.org/

>How To Install BYOND: The Video Tutorial: The Movie
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iWiZwv9f1o

>Nostalgia
https://boards.fireden.net/vg/search/text/ss13g/

OP Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/wa9fnYbg
>>
remove vox
>>
embrace vox
>>
remove vox
>>
File: 0368ef5d33[1].png (5KB, 255x127px) Image search: [Google]
0368ef5d33[1].png
5KB, 255x127px
Updated mancrowave sprites
Let's get this shit in the game

Also
remove vox
>>
remove vox
>>
>>127631543
why? they're literally worthless, all you need is 1 sheet of metal and 2 tools to make a hot shower to warm people up
>>
>>127631775
Even better, you can just space people and it'll technically have the same effect in the end.
>>
>>127631775
I said this on the PR, but it's a technology issue rather than a practical one.
So, keep in mind, with Celt's changes, people will come out of cryo cold, and without help, they WILL get hypothermia.
What would you expect a futuristic medbay to do to deal with this?
Would you expect them to just throw them in a hot shower or, even worse, have them huddle around a campfire?
No, that's low tech, and doesn't fit with the setting.
What would make more sense is shoving them in a machine designed to bring the human body to proper temperature.
And, of course, this being SS13, why not make that machine modeled and named after a microwave?
>>
File: 2016-01-03_02-27-20.png (56KB, 203x164px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-03_02-27-20.png
56KB, 203x164px
>>127632170
>What would you expect a futuristic medbay to do to deal with this?
cryo regulating their body temperature when ejecting them, which is LITERALLY WHAT IT DOES RIGHT NOW UNTIL CELT'S SHIT GETS MERGED
>>
>>127632170
How about just fucking scrap this stupid shit altogether that sounds real good to me
>>
>>127632415
No that makes too much sense and isn't convoluted enough
>>
>>127632415
>>127632454
Listen, I'm not the one coding it. Celt approached me to ask for a mancrowave sprite.
I've played a lot of medbay and I honestly don't know why people are so opposed to a machine that takes seconds to use and wakes the patient up, as opposed to having to shake them awake like it is now.
I like the idea but I'm also invested in it because I spent time making the sprites for it
>>
Some of you guys are alright, don't be in the thread tomorrow.
>>
>>127633341
they need to add in a frozen status for either A) being in an area with lethal freezing without protection B) Basilisk freeze. C) temp gun or other potential freezing devices.
Mancuwave can provide a safe way to thaw someone out and unlike a campfire wont only thaw out half of them first.

Or something.
>>
who /2yearclub/ here?
>>
>Be clown
>Go about playing basketball
>Outdunk some assistant
>Cargo tech wants to mmi himself and be put inside me
>After long journey and dicking around, somehow avoiding the murderers, we get to surgery
>After about 30 minutes I die from bleeding out, probably too many drill holes in my insides
>Get cloned as the shuttle arrives
well that was an adventure
>>
>>127633938
Sometime in May will be my 4th year in this shithole.
>>
Surgery was fun
>>
File: Happy black man.gif (1MB, 164x154px) Image search: [Google]
Happy black man.gif
1MB, 164x154px
>>127633968
>>127634164
>>
>>127633938
Let's see, when was Norodo the serber again? I started just when he left.
>>
>entirety of disposals piping follows an exceedingly long one-way circle that can easily be redirected at any point, has two practically vacant rooms near the end
>entirety of power grid comes out of one cable, purposefully sticks to one ramification at a time with no redundancy for maximum sabotage capabilities
>distribution loop has no filters, comes out of only one pipe that can easily be accessed, all of it interconnected
It was then that I realized Asimov bring flawed is fine.
The ENTIRE station is designed down to the core with hilarious incompetence and ease of sabotage in mind.
Essentially, allowing antagonization comes before logic.
>>
>>127634397
2012 i think
>>
>>127634827
Um duh

Where were you every time people brought up the fact that it's stupid the plasma miner is directly connected to distribution - all you have to do is open valves, no new pipes required at all? It's designed for action.
>>
Does Pomf ever play anymore?
>>
>>127635471
Yes, but always on an alternate ckey so no on knows it's him
>>
>>127635471
Apparently he does but under a different account so nobody knows it's him.
>>
>>127634827

can move the gas miners at any time.

To turn the station into death trap or a room
>>
>>127635152
It's not connected to distribution you parroting piece of shit, it's connected to the mix tank which is a perfectly valid reason. It also takes more than two valves, which shows me you're just parroting shit and haven't even done what you're describing yourself.
>>
>>127635859
Why would you ever do that? Why would you actually steal the thing that requires to be wrenched down and turned on to work, just to overpressurize a few rooms, when you could leave it where it is (conveniently piped to THE ENTIRE STATION) and use that instead?
>>
>>127635964
>WAAAH IT'S NOT CONNECTED TO DISTRO
>IT'S JUST CONNECTED TO MIX WHICH IS CONNECTED TO DISTRO

Also I said "open valves", you were the one who said "two", so nice job revealing that you're just parroting shit and didn't even read. I bet you literally just copy/pasted an old post and didn't even bother to go through and check out if it made sense in this situation - which it doesn't.
>>
>>127636645
Shut the fuck up nerd
>>
>>127636717
>You don't know what you're talking about! Parrot!
>Wait -- I don't know what I'M talking about -- so you're now a NERD!

Apex kek

What new reversals will your next post bring?
>>
>>127636851
Yeah, no, I feel pretty confident just telling you to shut the fuck up.
Go away.
>>
>>127636907
I get it. It's a dead thread, so you're hoping if this argument goes on back and forth for a really long time, people will skip it and won't read your embarrassing blunder post up above. So you get your wish, I'll stop replying - that way this no-reply thread will linger and it will be easier to see your fuck up for longer.

I don't know why you would care about getting dunked on an anonymous mandarin puppetshow board though, not like anyone can trace your abysmal fuckup back to your ckey.
>>
>>127637321
I am not hoping for shit. Telling you to fuck off is not part of some master plan centered about this one general like it was my life.
And that's a lie, every single fucking time you say you'll stop responding is a lie.
You know who you are.
I take it back, actually. The only thing I hope for is that you do us all a favor and sincerely fuck off already. You out of all people should know none of us know why you're still here .
>>
File: 1441643301252.gif (495KB, 250x375px) Image search: [Google]
1441643301252.gif
495KB, 250x375px
Oh hey guys what's going on in this sector of spe-
>>
>>127632415
>>127633014

I guarantee you, this will make medbay easier. I've tested it myself, I play medbay a lot, and I find myself missing the ability to delegate out the shaking up process and the annoying coldness they have slowing them down . Cryo dumped people out at -12C body temperature. I'm afraid that's simply nowhere near a "regulated" body temperature - that's dead. Don't believe me? Screenshot this post. If it makes medbay more difficult, I will revert this change and make mancrowaves a situational machine only.
>>
File: 1357612971589.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1357612971589.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>HoP traitor
>Load up in the armory
>Kill target grab thing I need
>Go about killing people I dont like, put the grey mime under a shower for spraying a flower on me and "resisting arrest"
>Kill an officer so he does not question me, and fuck greys and their magic mind powers
>"HALP LING"
>Rush to medbay
>Theres a skrite there
>laser it to death
>Go find the two people who one of which is a suspected ling
>Kill them both horribly
>Toss a welding tanker on top then laser it to secure ling gibb
>Who cares if I killed the nonling, JUSTICE WAS SERVED
>call the shuttle due to lack of engineers who know SME, and because murderboning everyone is not my style, just the ones who look at me funny
>Kill a geneticst for eating my dog
>stun some nerd who breaks into shuttle cockpit
>Diona comes to his rescue
>evovles after I dunk it
>Stun again
>YOU CANT KILL A DIONA
>shoot 3 lasers at it
>Unkown seizes up and falls limp and lifeless
>Find zombie powder on that assistant
>Inject people with it
>greentext
that was fun
also
>Vote result: Metaclub with 2 votes!
>>
File: pigskin.gif (2MB, 205x270px) Image search: [Google]
pigskin.gif
2MB, 205x270px
Top ten juiced up waifus
And the top ten juiced up husbandos
GO
>>
>>127638150
Is that you Celt? Get online somewhere I have a question for you.
>>
>>127639435
That's some other guy but I am here hello
>>
So I don't actually play SS13 but I play a few other BYOND games, and was curious if you guys have any knowhow on how to bypass the fucking ads. They're absolutely ridiculous and i'm pretty sure they're starting to become more dangerous too.
>>
>>127639548
Get online YA NERD
>>
>>127639595
I'm on steam, can't get on byond. Could join the IRC though rizon.net #vgstation
>>
that wiz got fukt
>>
>>127640815
knocked him out and the first axe swing
>>
File: fukoff.jpg (194KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
fukoff.jpg
194KB, 800x800px
>>127639057
1. not me
>>
>>127640815
Why don't people throw floor tiles at wizards?

FACT #1: Everyone is carrying a crowbar or can find one at a nearby O2 locker, because they know the dangers of firelocks

FACT #2: A floortile (available everywhere with a crowbar and also easily from metal) deals 15 damage when thrown

If you hit him just once -- just once -- that's a small chance of a bleed (basically instant win), and if not, you've done more than your part in defeating the wiz. If you hit him twice, he's a third of the way to destruction. The damage will make him move slower.

All you have to do is mob them with tiles and they're fucked.
>>
>tfw pew pewing shit, it's okay
>assistant runs up with a locker and hypo, uh oh cheese detected
>have to run around his cheap ass shield
>he runs up to me and hypos me
rip
>>
>>127641259
This is exactly what would happen if humans had to integrate with alien species in average life, we'd meme at them
>>
>>127641910
INFINITY CHEESE

REMOVE ALL POWERGAMERS

WIZARD ROUND LENGTH MORE THAN 5 MINUTES WHEN
>>
>>127632170
I like the idea of some kind of heating machine for people who are fresh out of cryo.

I don't like the idea of the "mancrowave". It seems way too silly and stupid for something that's going to become an integral part of medbay once hypothermia is finished. Just call it something like Heat Stabilizer or something.
>>
>>127632170
>>127642209
Call it a thermo-pod and have it look like a cryopod except red.
>>
>>127642209
Thermal Homeostasis Regulator (THR)
>>
>>127644048
Would it just inject Leporazine?
>>
>>127644089
I'm just pitching a name, Elim seems to be in charge of what it does
>>
>>127644048
Thermal Regulator seems nice enough whilst still being fairly short.
>>
>>127632170
I like the mancrowave, I want it in!
>>
>>127632170
I'd love the standart treatment procedure to involve more than stopping bleeding and cryo, I want the mancrowave, even if the name is changed to something more appropriate
>>
The ability to do surgery on someone in cryo when?

Being able to make a cryogenic surgical room that it super cold to prevent blood loss when?
>>
>>127644769
That would be pretty fucking cool, so never.
>>
>>127644769
There is already an incredibly easy way to prevent bloodloss.
>>
Game keeps crashing, how fix?
>>
DEFF HYPE
E
F
F

H
Y
P
E
>>
>>127645265
What is it?
>>
>>127645935
le olde activeX filtering
>>
Wouldn't it still be cold on a depressurizing station due to all the gas expanding and whisking away? When you use spraying cans of pressurized gasses they get cold, on a larger scale it would be the same, no?
>>
SCOTLAND
>>
>>127647032
Bandages you fucking mongoloid.
Literally one click.
>>
>scotland round
>doesn't end with scotland
>>
File: mw.png (852KB, 815x815px) Image search: [Google]
mw.png
852KB, 815x815px
>meteors on deff
wew
>>
>>127648365
>bandage
>internal bleeding
Oh wow you're fucking retarded
>>
>>127648390
>ai on scotland meteros
>>
File: abandon thread.gif (1MB, 340x218px) Image search: [Google]
abandon thread.gif
1MB, 340x218px
>that round
>>
>>127648441
To be fair your average medbay player doesnt know to use bandages on external bleeding
>>
>>127647951
in general, yes. this is an adiabatic process as temperature of leaving gas remains constant with that of 'source' gas as there is no time for heat exchange between these two bodies of gas to occur.
think PV=nRT. As pressure drops, left side of equation decreases as volume stays constant (station dimensions aren't changing). As for the right side, number of gas mols inside and out of the station is constant. R is the ideal gas constant, and T is temperature. So as T is the only variable in this case, it decreases for the equation to remain.
so yes, expanding gases cool down. Hence, if a room on the station depressurizes completely, you'd expect the temperature to drop to space-levels. However, you get heat stored on various surfaces (walls etc) which transfer to remaining molecules in space that just float around. I don't think this is included in spessmens. Due partially to SS13's atmos system and to realistic effects of gas flow (say you have a vent emitting breathable air at a suitable pressure far away from a breach in the same room) half the room may be fine while the other half is depressurized. The vent will work harder and spend more gas to make the room as livable as possible, but that depends on the location of the air alarm and what that senses.
>>
>>127648693
How much real science is in spess? I'm new
>>
>>127648772
i'm an undergrad physicist and as far as i can see, there is /some/. there's a lot of unrealistic BS like infinite-pressure pipes, but there are things like heat capacities (how much energy it takes to raise the temperature of a thingy by one Kelvin, obviously this is a function of its existing temperature, for large ranges heat capacity is not constant) which is why you use things like Nitrogen to cool the SME or Plasma in the TEG. As for the electricity side of things, there are a lot of inefficiencies introduced by the code, but in general it's pretty close to the real thing (although is looks like not many people understand what a Watt is, including some devs) and for the most part things work the way you'd expect them to work in real life.
Simulating things like gas flows in depressurization is tough in an engine like BYOND and so it does this through tiles. It kind of works, but the sheer processing power needed to do it realistically - especially on a tile-based game like spessmens - makes the current plan pretty good.
Lighting works very much the way you'd expect.
i have a real gripe about getting electrocuted by high-power wires, though. Power (Watts) is equal to resistance times current squared (P=V*I^2). When it comes to circuits, it's the current that actually kills you. Now, without knowing the resistance of wires in spessmens - if it's even part of the code - current would still be pretty high. However, no current would flow through you if you just grabbed one end of a high-current wire while the rest of you was perfectly insulated (still don't do this in real life, idiot). Insulated gloves shields your hands from the wire. If you were perfectly insulated - i.e, no circuit was ever created - you'd be fine. So if you wore insulated boots and held one end of a bare wire, you'd be okay. But if you then touched another end of an exposed wire and closed the circuit, then you go kaboom.
>>
>>127648772
More than you would think, Less than you would hope.
>>
>>127648772
>>127649363
Following on, it would make sense to open a wire in Engineering, connect it to a metal wall, and electrify the whole station with megaWatts of power. Anyone who touched a wall would die instantly. If the walls had a resistance, then they would heat up and probably melt with that much power. That could be some real fun. Wires with resistance can melt if too much power is passed through them, so in this sense, it's unrealistic as hell, unless the wires are somehow super low resistance. I think that when atmos had exploding pipes, that made a lot of people very upset (and it lagged the server hard) so we can't have melting wires for the same reason. Speaking of pipes, again, raising the pressure in atmos distro would immediately raise the pressure equally in, say, brig distro. This is also unrealistic, gases moving faster than Mach 0.3 begin to show non-negligible compressibility effects (leading to increased friction losses) and it would take much longer for the pressure to be reflected in brig.

All this being said, including this level of realism would go far over most people's heads, and for now, the system works fine as-is.
>>
>>127649685
>>127649363
>>127648693
>someone this smart
>is wasting his life playing an autistic 2d spessman game
>on an anime image board

fuck.
>>
>>127649831
>if you make science studies you can't have fun
>>
>>127649831
bruh it's the only game i play, and it's for maybe 30-60 minutes every couple of days. and it's a nicer community here than /sci/. cut me a break
>>
>>127649685

had fun with pipe bursting as antag atmos.

over load the wast loop with hot co2 and plasma and the station turn into death trap as all the pipes busted and killed/made holes in the floor on top of starting fires due to the plasma
>>
>>127649363
>>127649685
>>127648693
Thank you, that was interesting to read

I should learn atmos someday
>>
>>127649363
You must've missed out on some lectures about gas heat capacity: the SS13 representation of it is faulty to say the least, and the main difference is not in heat capacity being a function of temperature, but in heat capacity being completely different in different processes and not neccesarily different for different gasses: N2 and O2 are both molecules, which consist of two atoms, hence they have the same amount of degrees of freedom, which makes their heat capacities the same, assuming they are undergoing the same process, since the heat capacity for an isobaric process is not the same as one for an isohoric process and so on. SS13 just assigns the different gasses different static heat capacities, as if they were just different materials.
>>
>>127650343
you're right, i was switching between SS13-physics and realworld-physics a bit. it's been a while since i did any thermodynamics, all i remember is that for small ΔT, heat capacities can be seen constant and for large ΔT they can't be. completely forgot about degrees of freedom - the lecturer i had was this deranged swedish guy, so you'd be right i missed a few! i was trying to explain that part in a more SS13-physics relevant way, but yeah, your explanation provides better detail.
>>
>>127645265
having multiple open incisions causes massive bloodloss. Yes, even if you hemostat all the incisions. Yes, you can test this, I have.

Cryo surgery would be invaluable for large scale operations or emergency work
>>
>>127649363
>Now, without knowing the resistance of wires in spessmens
I don't know about the code but if I recall correctly the description for cable coil when examined claims that it is superconductive.
>>
>>127649831
>Smart
He's not smart. He's knowledgeable about his field of study. It's not really impressive. If you want to school for the same thing you'd know it too.
>>
File: 1436223965277.png (14KB, 528x530px) Image search: [Google]
1436223965277.png
14KB, 528x530px
>more esoteric, half-documented medical shit is on the way because of a snow mode that'll sit on github forever like the stupid steampunk cult
>>
>>127651109
Superconductivity (which is a feature of quantum physics, themoreyouknow.png) occurs in certain materials below a certain critical temperature to that material, typically <100 Kelvins. But hey its spessmens, NT probably has all sorts of crazy bullshit that superconducts at room temperature.

>>127651420
Th-thanks
>>
File: okay.jpg (49KB, 567x304px) Image search: [Google]
okay.jpg
49KB, 567x304px
>>127651420
>>
>>127651679
you smot
>>
File: thanks.jpg (35KB, 905x345px) Image search: [Google]
thanks.jpg
35KB, 905x345px
>>127651767
>>
>>127651886
you loyal
>>
>>127651679
That doesn't really address his point in any way. You my friend, are an idiot.
>>
>>127651679
You're not very intelligent yourself because you fail to make the basic distinction between knowledge and intelligence.

A mildly mentally retarded man is forced by the government to do nothing but eat, sleep, and study Physics for thirty years with slight breaks in between the daily study sessions. After 30 years have passed, the man is compared with many people whose job has nothing to do with Physics. It turns out he knows more about Physics than the President, a random school teacher, an FBI agent, a famous philosopher, a famous actor, a 12 year old boy, a chemist, a doctor, a lawyer, a billionaire CEO. When asked about any other subject than Physics however, the man doesn't know much. Would you wager that the man is smarter than all of the above people? Or simply more knowledgeable in the subject of Physics?

In this case, who is this Anonymous poster? He's just some random retard who's studied Physics. It's only impressive if you yourself are an idiot. Wow! A guy who has a degree in physics knows some things about Physics (though it could be said he doesn't know much or he could be wrong about the things he's said, we're just not qualified to judge) that is just so smart!

Would you be impressed with the French student who could speak fluent French? Or the Computer Science student who could write a program? Of course not. Why then is Physics impressive? It would be more impressive if say, a Physics major could tell you all about Physics AND give expert level knowledge on things outside of his field, but even still we are dealing with knowledge.

Now perhaps if he excelled at his field, and discovered or utilized knowledge in an impeccable way, it would be a sign of intelligence. But no, this guy isn't smart.
>>
>>127652376
Spotted the butthurt dropout.
>>
>tfw want to run away from life and all it's issues and know that spess will always be here to help me dream my life away

Help
>>
>>127652475
>No arguments just insults
Another internet argument won.
>>
>>127652376
>studied
studies*. i said i was an undergrad. If you want more detail, i didn't do physics in high school, did plenty of maths, was let in to do a physics degree based on my understanding of highschool maths, and just finished my first semester, so i've been studying physics as something completely new to me for around 3 1/2 months now. like i said, i play spessmens for maybe a couple of hours total over the week. i'm study for minimum 20 hours a week. judge me if you want, i don't really care, but given your essay i'd say you're fairly upset. why are you so upset, anon?
>>
File: 1428567729643.png (179KB, 500x395px) Image search: [Google]
1428567729643.png
179KB, 500x395px
>>127652613
>playing for anything other than fun
>playing a mary sue character instead of an interesting gimmicky one

I hope you're at least shouldering the blame for this and not whining about them ebil vidyers or da joos on /r9k/.
>>
>>127652801
>butthurt anon writes 5 paragraph to argue that some fag ain't smart
>huur le ad hominem
You're a riot
>>
>>127652376
There are some field of studies that require intellect to actually understand.

You can spout off random facts about physics, or any subject, for days. But the true test of intelligence comes from being able to come up with original solutions to problems in the field. You don't get that ability with simple knowledge, and you sure as shit won't get a degree if you can't solve problems.
>>
>>127652987
doesn't mary sue apply more to self inserts who can do fucking everything?

i'd figure the phrase special snowflake would apply better here, since it covers anyone who's character is 'unique' and 'out of the ordinary' and yet not powerful/smart enough to qualify as a mary sue

mary sues are all snoflakes, but not all snoflakes are sues
>>
>>127652849
I'm not upset, I'm just correcting an idiot. Maybe now he knows the difference between smart and knowledgeable and won't throw around words that are supposed to mean something dilly dally.

As for you, I was right. If you couldn't grasp such a basic point you're an idiot. Also refusing to speak properly. Yes it is 'studied'. Use your brain. Unless you've never been exposed to any formal education whatsoever, you've studied physics. This doesn't preclude you from continuing to study Physics, viz., He "studies" physics, but you seem to miss the main point.

There's nothing impressive about people who have been formally educated in something spitting out whatever it is they were educated about.

>>127653078
>Smartest man on Earth dignifies you with a post in a 4chan thread, to help you grow and be more knowledgable about important things, such as distinctions between two commonly used words
>Asshurt 4chan poster calls him dumb, and a drop out, knowing absolutely nothing about him ignoring everything he says.

Yeah okay buddy. Reject the fruit of knowledge. No Garden for you though either way.
>>
>>127653143
I was referring more to self inserty characters in general, or characters that act as wish fulfilment.
>>
>>127653143
Wouldn't half the station be mary sues then

I'm pretty sure most people on the serb know how to do every job by now
>>
>>127653535
god bless man
>>
>>127653409
You'd be surprised how few people know stuff about atmos and engineering in general. The people who know the most about engineering stuff tend to know way, way more than the regular crewmember. As in, you don't get people at intermediate stages of competence, you get the regular joe, and you get the mega autist.
>>
>>127653581
I've seen people work together on projects. One of them usually knows everything there is to do, and is only slowed down because he can't do everything at once.

The other doesn't know how to use a multitool.
>>
>>127653535
Thanks!
>>
>>127652987
What are you talking about? I just want to run away and be spessman. I don't know what I implied before
>>
>tfw no qt vox to call me smart when i explain to her physics
>>
>>127657426
>tfw no qt vox to take the helmet and nitrogen gear off of and stab in the gut multiple times, savoring their screaming and pained squawking as they beg for me to stop, then slowly start plucking her feathers off, pained screeches coming with the loss of each feather

don't judge me
>>
>>127657570
No.
>>
File: ss13_roid_lowFPS.webm (323KB, 917x918px) Image search: [Google]
ss13_roid_lowFPS.webm
323KB, 917x918px
Asteroid is perty at night
>>
MEANWHILE
>>
>malf, blue apc spotted
>borgs get blown and Plasma is unwrenched from distro
>some idiot took the pinpointer so everything after AI shunts is just a disimpowering B&E easter egg hunt
>absolutely nothing fucking happened otherwise, making the round extended but cut
Fuck this shitty ass gamemode so hard
>>
>>127658647
It's always night in SS13 though.
>>
>>127661094
the solars run off moon power?
>>
>>127661184
The sun has no real effect on the station is what I'm saying. Regardless of the Sun's position it's always dark on the outside.
It's essentially just a number the game looks at for solars.
>>
>>127661094
>>127661184
>day and night
>existing on a space station
>>
>>127661806
If you're orbiting a star there is some form of Day and Night on each side.
>>
>>127661882
>it takes a whole year for a day (whatever a day is deppending on the orbit.)
>>
>>127662030
Well then one side would be lit up, and the other dark, wouldn't it?
>>
>>127662114
It could be facing the sun and it's ass dark.
>>
File: snaaaaaaaake.png (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
snaaaaaaaake.png
314KB, 1920x1080px
Hello, my name is Nuklear, and yes, this will all end in tears.

First off, this is not finished.

Please criticize the fuck out of it, point out holes in the logic, make suggestions to better it, ways for it to incorporate the presence of, say, cultists, and how the escalation go from there once someone is found guilty.

Secondly, the goal of this is not to make an extensive and rigid document(it definitely needs and will be slimmed down considerably to just the basics). What it's basically for is having a clear process fora trial to take place and not take all the time in the world.
>>
>>127664256
Nah, I don't care
>>
>>127664256
trials get in the way of actual justice considering 9/10 arrests are open and shut
the only thing a lawyer can do is greytide the fuck out of a department by suing them for everything they have. not like any lawyer ever does that.
>>
Sorry Caleigh, I tried.
>>
File: 1451616619357.png (3KB, 411x354px) Image search: [Google]
1451616619357.png
3KB, 411x354px
Jesus that round was a shitshow.
>>
>extended
Can't tell who was worse.
>>
>>127665071
The fact that you tried so hard in the first place is good enough for me.

Also,
EXTENDED
X
T
E
N
D
E
D
>>
>>127638401
How about you feed them a chili or literally any other fucking way in the game to easily heat up a player.

Holy fuck the playerbase is retarded. We don't need more fucking redundant features because you are too retarded to learn about the ones we already have. This is Baytitude is exactly why their server is laggy as shit and we are headed down that path if we keep adding retarded shit like Celt's mancrowaves.
>>
File: manuel de potro.png (268KB, 383x446px) Image search: [Google]
manuel de potro.png
268KB, 383x446px
>the material cost of EVERYTHING that can only be made at the general fabricator is RANDOMLY GENERATED WHEN YOU SCAN IT
>you can literally scan something over and over until you get a version that doesn't use silver or gold
>the metal cost is picked with a random modifier FROM 3 TO 15
COMIC
WHY
FUCKING
WHY
>>
>>127666730

Comic was a one-man disaster to our code

He sounded like he knew what he was doing since he was constantly bitching at others for not using his datums, but he really wasn't. We're still fixing his shit
>>
>>127666305
>Coder being retarded
>>"Holy fuck the playerbase is retarded."
????
>>
File: are you real.jpg (7KB, 144x141px) Image search: [Google]
are you real.jpg
7KB, 144x141px
>>127666730
is this real
>>
>>127664256
I'm sure you meant to link something here but I'll throw my two cents in.

The process should be straight forward:
>Ciminal who is non-life threatening but in for perma/execution asks for lawyer (no piddly dindunuffing 3min brig time cases)
>If a lawyer is not present then normal space law applies, no court. Defending yourself shouldn't be allowed because then everyone will do it.
>If one is present, contact Captain or a Head to preside, cuff and legcuff prisoner and drag them over, along with evidence collected beforehand
>Defence and Crown/State each get one oppourtunity to present their case (the crown or state being HoS, Sec, IAA, or another head)
>if a witness is called, they have 1 minute to respond. Evidence admissible if they don't respond to summons in a timely manner to let the court know they are/aren't coming
>The final and only ruling should be by the Judge. Juries take too long to organize and will never be unanimous.

This should streamline things a bit more, but any sort of legal process is always going to take at least 3-4 people and a lot of organization, and if that can't be done in a timely manner (or at all due to lack of personnel) then I believe we should revert back to space law ruling regardless of whatever the prisoner wants.
>>
>>127666914
He made a list of bitflags.
Let that sink in.
>>
>>127667210
I always thought of Comic as a Goodcoderâ„¢, but the more I read of his blunders, the more it dawns on me that even I'm better than he was.
>>
>>127666305
>Holy fuck the playerbase is retarded. We don't need more fucking redundant features because you are too retarded to learn about the ones we already have.
See >>127632170
Also, SS13 is literally all about redundant features you big eejit you.
>>
>>127667084
Trials are stupid. They won't happen. EVER. You shouldn't WANT them to happen either. All the admins should be forced to set Head of Security on High and play it exclusively for a month. That would put an end to the stupid trial meme.
>>
File: 2016-01-06_14-13-26.png (28KB, 870x219px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_14-13-26.png
28KB, 870x219px
>>127667346
I keep finding awful stuff.
I just can't put into words how stupid this is.
>>
>>127664256
Trials seem like a bad idea for executions.

Executions should be done asap after getting captains aproval, that fucking AI if it is still on asimov will crash the trial because of human harm, if it isn't a shitter.

That is the main problem with asimov, if you don't try to save people from validhunters you are a shitter (IE handcuffing the wizard as people start jamming screwdrivers into their eyes and doing nothing as sec borg), but if you griff sec you are a shitter. It is a double standard. Law one doesn't extend to dead humans so you should be able to just fucking murder the guy found covered in blood with an esword and ebow before he can even mutter over the radio 'AI HALP SEC KILLIN ME'
>>
>>127668641
>Mentioned to him something that would be actually necessary to port many things over to construction datums
>"Not currently, no."
>"It's infrastructure that might be worth adding at some point, but has no easy way to implement without a sub-datum of some kind."

I'm pretty sure that isn't even true, but it wouldn't matter because IT'S FUCKING NECESSARY
>>
>>127661184
MOON
PRISM
POWER
MAKE UP!
>>
>>127668559
>>127664256
>>127667084

And because I'm Sarca, I'd just like to point an absurdity in the trial system.

The only trials you'd ever want to do or for things like execution and being permabrigged, however, wrongfully executing or permabrigging people is ban worthy. So nobody ever permabrigs or executes people who they don't actually have evidence for. Almost every time the Captain or HoS wants to permabrig someone they deserve it. Every single time the HoS or Captain wants to execute someone they're a confirmed antag. The purpose of a trial is to give people a fair shot at defending themselves as if they were innocent, but the admins already offer this except they KNOW if someone is innocent or not.

This means that to have a trial is usually almost all of the time going to be inefficient and a waste of Security's resources.

>Person is guilty of executable crime and is found guilty
A huge waste of time, resources, and energy.
>Person is guilty of executable crime and is found not guilty by some stupid meme
They're set free and fuck the station and round up.
>Person is innocent of executable crime and is found not guilty
The only time the trial would make sense, but this rarely happens, and if the trial didn't exist they'd just admin help it.
>Person is innocent of executable crime and is guilty
The trial results would be invalid because the admins would have to step in once they admin helped it.

Don't you see? Trials are shit. MANDATORY TRIALS are the stupidest fucking thing on the planet.
>>
>>127661439

It's only dark because we have yet to port that really good lighting engine someone else is going to make and proof-test for us, to add sun lighting

It's been an idea for a long while to have the sun illuminate the station from the side it is on
>>
>>127669314
it's an RP thing, you wouldn't understand sarca, you are just a big stale meme.
>>
File: 1450992947001.jpg (1MB, 1792x1412px) Image search: [Google]
1450992947001.jpg
1MB, 1792x1412px
WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN WHY IS THE GAME HOSTED AT CANADA I AM AMERICAN GOD BLESS
>>
>>127669872
So get your money and rent a serb
>>
>>127669872
because pomf does not want loli on the server
>>
>>127669314
Have you ever considered not coming here anymore?
>>
>>127669314
>what is roleplaying guise
>>
>>127632170
hot shower you stupid fuck
>>
File: autist.jpg (69KB, 1000x400px) Image search: [Google]
autist.jpg
69KB, 1000x400px
>>127669314
>>
>>127669923
But serbs are expensive and they smell bad
>>
>>127648693
no you faggot, the mols of gas inside the station is decreasing because gas is escaping to fucking space, otherwise you'd have to be increasing Volume as well
>>
>making people cold once taken from cryo
Well ok thats fine after all cryo is supposed to be cold any-
>make mancrowave to heat them from cryo
Excuse me what
>>
>>127673407
He's talking about Joule-Thomson effect, but you're right that it's not explained by the law of perfect gases.
>>
Idea

Large amounts of damage to a limb can damage sensory and motor nerves

Nerve damage can be fixed by surgery or a special late-game chem
>>
>>127674267
>hey you know how medbay is overwhelmed literally every round because of all of the annoying fucking status effects we keep adding?

>LET'S ADD MORE USELESS SHIT THAT NOBODY WILL EVER FUCKING FIX, MEANING YOU ARE FUCKED FOR THE ENTIRE ROUND

Fuck you, shut the fuck up.
>>
>>127674267
this adds nothing to the spessman experience
what we need is cocain
>>
>>127674428
Medbay is only overwhelmed because of idiots
>>
>>127649831
he's fucking retarded and doesn't understand how the ideal gas law nor electricity works
>>127674173
Is that the name of that effect? Neat.
Electrifying the station wouldn't do shit either, btw guys. You'd have to complete the circuit somehow; standing on a bare wire, even if it's carrying a shitton of juice, won't do jack shit to you.
>>127674267
SINRL (SS13 is not real life)
>>
File: normal.jpg (20KB, 652x94px) Image search: [Google]
normal.jpg
20KB, 652x94px
>this is completely normal on /vg/station
>>
>>127674428

>You know how Medbay is overwhelmed every round

Literally when
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-07+at+04.32.44).png (14KB, 831x251px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-07+at+04.32.44).png
14KB, 831x251px
What went on here? I got on just as the round ended.
>>
>>127674556
>Now crew member must be harmed from now on

That's the kind of mistake that ends lives.
>>
>>127674556
i've made a fucking typo, borgs batoning but not killing

kek, hope you had fun
>>
File: 1424534734098.png (62KB, 250x238px) Image search: [Google]
1424534734098.png
62KB, 250x238px
>>127674556
>>127674629
>Now crew member
>>
>>127674643
We just had to harm them a little, what is the problem?
>>
>>127674643
>>127674684
The law is just telling the AI to harm all things that are not crewmembers.
Wiz never saw it coming.
>>
File: 1429485290413.jpg (21KB, 313x235px) Image search: [Google]
1429485290413.jpg
21KB, 313x235px
>be a shitter hop all round because traitor

now I have to hide until the heat goes down and people stop thinking I'm a bad hop, time to play another character
>>
>>127674615
I had multiple rounds where I was the only one in medbay as other people just kept looking for powers
Wasn't great
>>
>>127674487
Right, so raising the skill floor on Medbay is a good idea how?
>>127674556
FUCKING BRILLIANT
>>
>>127672252
That's medically speaking is a very bad idea and a way to make the condition worse. I don't know about gameplay wise though.
>>
>>127674751
>shitter hop all round because traitor
Wait because you were traitor or there was traitor
>>
>>127675003

>Hot showers/baths are medically speaking a very bad idea as far as hypothermia wrong

Unless it's searing hot, that's completely wrong, although baths fare much better than showers
>>
>Wanna join MedBay
>Know that the second I do it'll be the end of days and I'll have ghosts yelling at me because everyone's dead

Only just got it into my head science isn't for me, after flooding RD with shit like 5 times.
>>
>>127675123
I was one
>>
>>127675003
And bringing them to a FUCKING HUMAN MICROWAVE won't harm them how?
>>
Cant we all agree that 'mancrowave' is the stupidest pun ever uttered?
>>
>>127675214
Oh that's ok then, you are expected to be shitter when you play traitor hop.

Tip: give all access to yourself. ALWAYS
>>
File: do you feel like a hero.png (659KB, 1280x716px) Image search: [Google]
do you feel like a hero.png
659KB, 1280x716px
>Officer
>do officer things
>get vamp warning from paramedic
>search person
>nothing
>continue patrol
>some scientist teled everything into telesci
>they run and insult me, calling me a luddite
>brig them for 7 minutes, and give ID to HoP for demotion
>continue
>people think it's ling now
>hop is in interrogation
>detective there with me
>he questions the HoP, saying he did ling things
>hop denies it
>det falls over
>panic.jpg
>tell CE to help the detective
>hop still denying it, he's panicking
>have no fucking clue what to do
>det comes back
>we kill the HoP
>medbay calls us, AGAIN
>go to medbay
>borgs got valids
>die
>find out that the HoP was never a tator or a ling
>I've been played like a damn fiddle by the detective
>mfw I helped the detective kill an innocent person trying to save the rest of the crew
I'm so sorry HoP
>>
>>127675195
Just know how to clone people and don't touch chemistry unless you're randomnaming and you're golden.
>>
>>127675185
>>127675250
Just use a thermal blanketEven DS9 has those
>>
>>127675470
Yeah why not that instead of a FUCKING MICROWAVE that can burn you into a crisp if the doctor is either a retard or a traitor
>>
File: 2016-01-06_15-46-21.png (58KB, 860x467px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-06_15-46-21.png
58KB, 860x467px
>Let's check if we should try to use up materials or not!
>Okay, I'm done checking all the materials now.
>Let's forget all of that and use all the materials anyways I'm sure the check wasn't important.
C
O
M
I
C
>>
Comic has an PR up by the way

https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/5000
>>
>>127676331
>jun 16, 2015

anon...
>>
Do you remember you first SS13 death ever? Did you walk out of an airlock?
>>
File: 1450495951166.png (231KB, 589x398px) Image search: [Google]
1450495951166.png
231KB, 589x398px
>>127675424
I was a traitor so dont worry

But I was sad
>>
>>127675250
>>127675470
>>127675887
These. Fuck the god damn microwave.
>>
>>127676527
Spawned as clown because the job looked simple
Captain dragged me and started shooting his laser gun at me while the HoS watched
>>
>>127676527
Yes

>Following the "Guide for New players" to a T, spawn in as assistant, put on internals, etc.
>Walk through the entirety of the map
>arrive at escape
>clown is slipping somebody
>Continue walking, and straight out the escape airlock because I couldn't see the space on the other side
>Stop playing for a month because, when I ahelp when I can be back in and talking about respawn, they say "Oh I coded it so it should be about 4 months to a new respawn"
>Don't come back for 4 months because I didn't know the game was round based

Woow
>>
>>127676598
>convinced by a traitor to kill another traitor
PLAYED LIKE A DAMN FIDDLE
>>
>>127676527
>spawn in as Assistant
>walk around a little
>have toolbox
>fiddling with buttons
>try to open toolbox by clicking on its actual presence on my character
>bash myself in the head
>think maybe I misclicked
>wind up critting myself
>never actually did anything that round

And I haven't done anything of note since.
>>
File: 6mw.jpg (112KB, 888x491px) Image search: [Google]
6mw.jpg
112KB, 888x491px
>only got up to 6mw before wizcuck died
>>
>>127676527
well I got dragged.
>>
>tried to draft someone to be a wizard hunter
>he rejected it
>>
>first wizard round
>staff of change
>hit borg
>borg asks nicely to be turned back
>God damn it
>turn her back
>get bullied by a monkey
>Teleport away
>die of blood loss

INTERESTING ROUNDS BROUGHT TO YOU BY THIS ANON
>>
>>127677350
I ASKED THAT YOU GO TO MEDBAY!
>>
Please fucking work. P.S. Fuck Mozilla fireshit.
>>
>>127676527
>spawn in mid-round
>ask if anyone needs assistance
>people clearly know i am new
>at least 3 different antag types instantly rushed down the hallway to jump me
>end up tied to a chair in maint begging for my life
>wizard removes all of my organs and brings them to life with his staff
>traitorling keeps scrambling my DNA
>vampire keeps spooking me with bats and trying to thrall me
>this entire time they are all dressed as stereotypical antags
>robes for wizman, vampire outfit on the vamp, syndie hardsuit on ling
>when i finally die they all laugh and collect my organs
>without changing clothes they go to medbay and sell them my organs
>everyone in deadchat laughing at me so i disconnect

And that's why i didn't try playing again for a few months.
>>
>>127677545
My photoshop isn't working

Man, FUCK MICROSOFT EXCEL!
>>
>>127678121
That sounds god damn amazing.

Don't really remember my first round, I didn't sign up as antag for months because scared. First round probably went like:
>Hey does anyone want any assistance?
>Friendly xenobiologist invites me down to his lab and teaches me the way
>Forget it all immediately
>The emergency shuttle has been called.webm
>'Oh well anon time to go to the shuttle'
>follow him out
>he murders me with a toolbox on the shuttle
>i dont understand
>>
>>127678121
Don't lie.
>>
>>127678817
It did happen but it was on /tg/
>>
CHECK THE HUB

HIPPIE IS KILL
>>
>>127679282

Oh boy, time for the shitler tide
>>
>>127679282
u wot
>>
>>127676527
It was actually several rounds before I died in Space Station 13, I was more hyper-observant back then.

I think the first time I died was my first shift as a miner. Too slow fumbling with my scanner to disable some gibtonite, got my shit pushed in and another miner bailed my ass out.
>>
>>127667931
>SS13 is all about the redundant features
NO. STOP THIS.

STOP MAKING UP NEW SHIT WHAT SS13 IS ABOUT.

IT'S FUCKING PARANOIA VIDEO GAME IN SPACE WITH WACKY ATMOSPHERICS.

EVERYTHING ELSE IS IRRELEVANT.

God damn I swear every week you people say something new:
>SS13 is about the antags!
>SS13 is about the RP!
>SS13 is about the Adminbus!
>SS13 is about the MoMMIs!
>SS13 is about Woody Got Wood!
>SS13 is about RnD!
>SS13 is about bomb making!
>SS13 is about slipping people!
>SS13 is about ERP!
>SS13 is about valids!
>SS13 is about Waifus!
>SS13 is about Redundant features!

FUCKING STOP IT ALREADY.

These are the absolute worst kind of features where they are designed with ONE SPECIFIC PURPOSE in mind to solve a problem that shouldn't even exist because a shitmin decided to start coding his winter rape fetish into the game.

Stop it with these fucking anti-emergent features designed to appeal to babby's first medbay.
>>
>>127667931
Fuck you retarded admin. Nobody gives a shit about your fetishes.
>>
>>127680215
>paranoia in space
6 pack of clones when?
>>
>>127680215
SS13 is about satisfying my autism!
>>
>>127680215
>SS13 is about the antags!
>SS13 is about Woody Got Wood!
>SS13 is about bomb making!
These are correct.

The rest are wrong and cancer.
>>
>>127680215
Nah, it's a 100-man CQC simulator. Your idea is stupid. Atmospherics aren't even that old and most servers don't even have the robust atmos that ours has.

So stop it. Your ideas about what SS13 is happen to be terrible.
>>
File: 1449439177224.gif (412KB, 189x300px) Image search: [Google]
1449439177224.gif
412KB, 189x300px
>>127679282
https://youtu.be/iNzYiLriH8Q
https://youtu.be/6NfRUpoUZaQ
It's time
>>
>>127680578
STATE YOUR ACCESS LEVEL, CREWMEMBER.

>>127680712
>Atmospherics aren't even that old
What the actual fuck am I reading?
>>
>>127680712
Wasn't the whole game built around atmos?
>>
>>127680801
>>127680808
If you can call what Exadv1 had "atmospherics" then I guess we had it from the start - but it wasn't anything like what we have now in any recognizable way, and no, the game was at that time built around finding the hidden guns built into walls and murdering people with them
>>
File: FRIEND COMPUTER.png (183KB, 794x1123px) Image search: [Google]
FRIEND COMPUTER.png
183KB, 794x1123px
>>127680578
When friend AI authorizes it.
>>
>>127676527
>Spawn as Assistant
>Following the newbie guide
>Accidentally toolbox a braindead assistant
>Thought it was fun
>Kill him
>Try and toolbox another assistant
>Scrubgloves me
>Stabs me to death with a spear
>Cuts my head off and runs away with it
>>
File: lawerewants.jpg (11KB, 206x244px) Image search: [Google]
lawerewants.jpg
11KB, 206x244px
>>127676527
>first few rounds were just getting used to the interface and controls
>just playing on the most popular pub serbs paradise and yog as training before going on pomf station
>after assistant, try a few other newbie roles
>favorite so far is janitor. clean messes while observing the now typical station chaos. love the fuck out of the push cart we never use cuz it holds all my supplies. the pussy wagon just never gave me the same feels
>RPing as a space man is new and fun, the magical new player experience
>this one round, starts out pretty normal
>I clean messes, replace lights, make small talk etc
>greytide is strong ,lots of light griffing. mime wont stop drawing grafitti, just keep cleaning after him and shaking my fist angrily
>be chilling in medbay cleaning blood drops
>some IAA tells me he needs to see me in his office
>first time someone has RPed with me specifically, play along
>act innocent and follow him to his office, irl thinking im in big trouble for some raison
>get to his office, same spot but only one desk
>he closes the shutters while sitting me down across from his desk
>still freaking out , ask if iv done something, or am a witness to something like the mime shitter
>he keeps RPing with me, says im fine, its not about the mime
>suddenly, while I was typing more RP chit chat, he whips out a revolver
>shoots 5 boolits in my head, instantly wake up dead
>im utterly stunned irl. my trust in spacemen from then on has been deflowered
>he drags my body and hides it nearby in maint
>ghost around abit while freaking out in deadchat
>no one notices im missing, the IAA even left my janicart in his office in plain view(he opened shutters
>follow the detective around, hoping he can find me
>after about half an hour of him patrolling maint he finds my body, as well as 2 others
>I get cloned and immediately shout IIA TRAYTOR!, but no one gives a fuck becasue he was already caught and prosecuted
>>
>>127680950
Exadv1's system was far more advanced and realistic than ZAS and LINDA is a modified form of FEA.

You fucking mong.
>>
>>127681872
It definitively was not. It was pretty shit mate.
>>
>>127681990
Yes it was.

Tilebased > Zonebased.

Exadv1's system was limited by the fact that Byond is absolute shit and ill-equipped to deal with large-volume calcs because the retard coders have no idea how to implement GPU-based calculation.

This meant it had to run at extremely low ticks or otherwise the game would be nigh unplayable.
>>
File: 1450127118579.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1450127118579.gif
982KB, 320x287px
>Another round of AI stretching out the round for no reason and with only one person able to stop them
yaaaaay malf is so fuuuuun
>>
>Flashes a secborg on malf
>Immediately lags out for about ten seconds

Thanks
>>
Sillycons are rogue, and you can't get into the Big red Button in the RD's office.

How do you fight it?
>>
>>127682293
>wahhh i cant win
>>
>>127682229
LINDA is just an optimized version of FEA, and guess what? IT'S ALSO SO SLOW THAT IT'S COMPLETE SHIT.

That's why tilebased schemes will always be inferior to zone based ones.
>>
as goonstation put it best
"In theory, this is a game mode, but in actuality, this happens every round, so it's more or less redundant. "
>>
>>127682445
No, not really, with the entire section of silicons being security and there only being three Ion guns behind a bunch of locked doors with no sec or heads.
>>
>>127682426

Flashes, numbers, evasion and surgical strikes.

Haunt maint like a ghost, stay off camera if you can and cut everything electrical that you can see.

If you're a bad enough dude to rescue the captain, get a suit and deconstruct your way to the Ai's power system from behind.
>>
>>127682426
1) flash
2) extinguisher
>>
>>127682293
Deff is incredibly hard to defend as an AI. You only win if you can blitz everyone worth a damn and hold your capture points or you're assfucked.

>>127682532
>Move a rable
>smash 4 or 5 windows
>Get armory
Ahahahhaa
>>
>>127682638
Turrets in space nigga. Assuming that anyone even goes in through there, during any given milf half of the people that give a shit assault the UPLOAD.
>>
>>127682229
>tilebased vs zonebased

GUESS WHAT YOU FUCKING NIGGER

ZONES ARE MADE OF TILES. YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TILEBASED VS SLIGHTLY LARGER TILES BASED.
>>
You can either play Janitor for the rest of your life or HoS.

What do you choose?
>>
>>127682786
>not wanting single atom based atmospherics simulation

plebes
>>
File: 1436207062721.jpg (40KB, 203x229px) Image search: [Google]
1436207062721.jpg
40KB, 203x229px
>>127682786
>YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT TILEBASED VS SLIGHTLY LARGER TILES BASED
This might have been true if zones were basically a 4x4 room of tiles but they aren't.
>>
>>127683114
Yes because squares are god given instruments to modeling how gases move. That's why when I release gas IRL it expands cubically.

You fucking idiot.
>>
>>127683073
Janitor, definitely
I still have fun playing janitor occasionally and I've been playing well over a year
Only ever playing HoS sounds hellish
>>
File: 1447698943692.gif (2MB, 400x535px) Image search: [Google]
1447698943692.gif
2MB, 400x535px
>>127683073
Janitor and just have a cozy round of fixing lights and cleaning the bar.
>>
>>127683292
>Going around screaming "IDIOT IDIOT" when you don't even understand how tile based atmospherics would be slow and laggy as fuck
>>
>>127683508
That's precisely what I'm saying you fucking idiot.
>>
>>127680215
>people trying to define SS13
It has no definition. That is up to the players and admins to decide.

You can treat it as Die Hard 2D, Trouble in Terrorist Town, a roguelike, Lord of the Flies the videogame, an atmospherics simulator, Garry's Mod, a Second Life knockoff, Sealab 2021 in space, a disturbingly gruesome and disheartening VN, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. in Space, Pokemon in Space, Paranoia in Space, etc. You name it, it can be done, and has been done before. That is the beauty of spess.

SS13 is whatever you make of it, much like life. Everyone has their own definition and approach to spess/life, and everyone treats it differently. Take spess for what spess is. Sit back and enjoy the spectacle firsthand. Everyone has their different visions of what spess is and do their thing, and as a result, conflicts arise as someone's vision clashes with an other person's vision.

When you realize how perfect spess is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the stars.
>>
>>127683073
You can't git gud at janitor, because the moment you git gud is the moment you do un-janitor-like things.
If I'm devoting the rest of my life to a role I'd want to git gud at it.
>>
>>127632170
>So, keep in mind, with Celt's changes, people will come out of cryo cold
THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO FUCKING REASON FOR PEOPLE TO COME OUT OF CRYO COLD
CRYO WAS LITERALLY CODED TO WARM PEOPLE AS THEY ARE EJECTED, TO PREVENT BURN DAMAGE (A.K.A. THE CURRENT SYSTEM FOR LOW TEMPERATURE)
CELT'S PR REMOVES THAT BIT FOR !!!NO GOOD FUCKING REASON OTHER THAN HE'S CONVINCED THAT THE MICROWAVE IS THE GREATEST THING, IS NECESSARY, AND EVERYONE WILL LOVE IT!!!
>>
File: 1426638017080.gif (2MB, 472x355px) Image search: [Google]
1426638017080.gif
2MB, 472x355px
>>127682475
Optimized my ass.

What we need is a tile-based atmos system based on obfuscations since byond is so shit we can't do gpu calcs. This can be achieved by using hexadecimals to store a large amount of data in a small string. 2 HD digits = 1 byte and can store up to 255 meanings. You can store 16 255-max values in a 8-character long hexbase string.

ABCDEFGH
A = Tile pressure ^ B/0.2 or some other nonreal number.
C = Tile temperature 255 = incineration, 0 = 0 kelvin
D = %of oxygen
E = %of N2
F = %of plasma
G = %of CO2
H = %of N2O

Wherein each tile is assigned one of these 8-digit real numbers, it works especially well because each tile has a specific volume so mols are already calculated. Exadv1 had this part down, unfortunately, he's not a computer scientist.

the limitations of this obviously being there are only 256 individual possible temperatures for tiles, you could always add an extra number (massively increasing processing time) or removing one of the gases.

Running a pass on each simulated tile that a playermob is on calculating A for each tile (two cycles for this, one for the exponent, one for the division) and then run a check for all the adjacent tiles, CMP D-H and offload the value to the new tile if it's lower.

the result is a lightning fast CPU-based tile-based atmos system. I don't know the exact CPU pomf is using, but this ends up taking 65,025 cycles for the first pass, and 520,200 for the pressure checks, assuming an entire z-level is using simulated tiles (they don't). Or ultimately, a little under 600,000 cycles for a full pass.

Any modern CPU can accomplish about 1/7.5 seconds. That's 10 FPS for CPU-based dynamic tile-based atmospherics as opposed to the previous record of I believe 5 SPF. So 500x faster.

People like me have better things to do than code something like this FOR FREE. But now that I've equipped the coders of this thread with the knowledge, maybe just maybe one of them might actually do something about it.
>>
File: 6dLMh6v.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
6dLMh6v.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
>>127683857
>>
>>127684604
And all because of a snow map nobody will play and a possible Taxi remake nobody asked for.

Someone take away his coding privileges, at least Duny settled for only wrecking his own map instead of ruining entire systems with shit nobody ever asked for.
>>
File: 1389254049424.jpg (57KB, 317x800px) Image search: [Google]
1389254049424.jpg
57KB, 317x800px
>always shit talk a certain admin on the general for shits and giggles and sometimes seriously
>see my notes for the first time
>they say nothing but nice things about me
>>
>>127684895
>Implying any of our coders is competant enough for this
I still remember reading when Ririchirio was complaining about switch statements and a very standard incremental for statement.

The only coder who'd have a chance in hell of doing this is N3X15 and he's too busy not being here to do that.
>>
>>127684895
LINDA is based on a 2 decisecond system for tile sharing and it's still too slow.

Also why are you such a fucking retard? What you have described is NOT significantly different in any way than the systems that already exist, and they are not fast at all. You're just too fucking ignorant to know how they work already.
>>
File: rockso.gif (374KB, 434x246px) Image search: [Google]
rockso.gif
374KB, 434x246px
>>127674469
>>
>>127674469
MORE DRUGS FOR SPESS

OFFICIAL DRUG DEALING POSITION WHEN
>>
>>127669810
RPing is fine, making RP gimmicks mandatory that will only impede someone's work and be a huge clusterfuck for sec, not so fine.

We really should do a Stanford project week sometime, so people can get an idea of what it's like to play security, so they then can think twice before coming up with some schmaltzy gimmick that will only get obnoxious over time, which will probably result in less people playing security. And I know how much some of you hard working NPC's and prattling bar hens love to see greyshitters tagged and bagged.
>>
>BYOND can't do GPU calculations
I don't deal with this kind of stuff, but would it be possible to have it query an external program that can?
>>
>>127669810

>using rp to slow down sec

>sec we bearly fucking have

fuck off with this or start forcing people to play sec
>>
>>127685180
> Notes saying good things

Since when ? Never seen my notes, I hope there's good things in them
>>
>>127674469
>not making your own cocaine with pills of combined hyperzine, synaptizine, and space drugs and labeling it as Sugar (50 Units)
>>
>>127685382
You mean he's too busy nursing his butthurt about the random map rotation being despised by most of the server, right?
>>
>>127685816
No because byond communicates internally/externally using strings.
>>
>there are actually people against the hypothermia system
Literally why
>>
>Adding a forced court system
>Making the only 3 autists that play Sec leave

how about no
>>
>>127686235
People want hypothermia but not the mancrowave
>>
>>127686279
No, a vocal minority doesn't want the mancrowave
In game polls have shown that the majority is for them
And besides, it's not called the mancrowave anymore
>>
>>127685467
No it isn't. LINDA can take up to 1 second to share a single gas between a tile and god forbid you have multiple gases exchanging then you can be waiting for quite a while.

And no it isn't, it's based on arrays that are more than 8 characters long. This is to-the-metal optimized.
>>
>>127686403
>in game polls
Celt's rigged polls?
>>
Whats a good release pressure for a flamethrower?
>>
>>127686403
What's it named?
>>
>>127686501
That's like asking "what's a good release pressure for the pneumo cannon"?

lower = more sustained fire
higher = fuck up one room more
>>
>>127686465
the wording of the polls have been pretty neutral and not all of them were conducted by celt
>>127686516
Thermal Homeostasis Regulator
>>
>>127686403
Polling lowpop doesn't mean shit.

There is zilch reason to remove the regulation that cryopods have just to add another step in the process. Kill yourself.
>>
>>127685992
That's slightly horrifying
>>
>>127685382
We use bitflags for tons of stuff but you are correct insofar as no one is going to literally rewrite all of atmospherics, can you imagine the pain?
>>
>>127686594
Nothing is being removed
The cryopod ejection temperature isn't being changed at all
>>
>>127686576
>Thermal Homeostasis Regulator
Does Celt know what homeostasis means?
That's completely unnecessary, just call it "Thermal Regulator"

better yet, don't fucking make Cryo not warm you up
>>
>>127686701
Well now it has
It's been *INCREASED*
>>
>>127686235
>there are people who want an unnecessarily complex system that makes medbay's job even more annoying and which will come into play outside of making cryo borderline lethal only on a map which is unlikely to ever be finished and on a Taxistation remake nobody wants

And yet some people still wonder why our code is so bloated.
>>
>>127686407
Fuck off fag it's easy to say here's a system which I haven't coded and will never exist that is ultra optimized
>>
>>127686576
>the wording of the polls have been pretty neutral
pictured here
"Given that we're changing everything so that you have to use the mancrowave, should the mancrowave be added?"
>>
>>127686790
Making cryo warm you up would actually be a change
As it is, it ejects you at a subzero temperature
>>
>>127686967
Why would I ever code something for this shitty fucking game?

The only people who code for this game are people who don't have a job or don't have anything better to code. I just play it. No need to get upset that your system is shit.
>>
>>127686628
In case it wasn't clear I made IO from things inside to outside of the program. External calls.

Obviously it wouldn't communicate internally from function to function just using strings.
>>
>>127686986
A better way of putting it is "do you even want all of these changes so a badmin can force his unfinished Dorf Fortress meme map down your throats even more?"
>>
>>127687138
You won't code something for the shitty game that's exactly what were saying. And it's more likely than not because you lack the capability and that's the topic we're all skirting around.

So FUCK OFF FAGGOT.
>>
>>127685992
It also can use scalars.

Why doesn't Lummox expand on this?

>it's not really important

Yes it's not important for us to be able to exceed the limitations of your shitty engine. By all means keep cleaning up the shit dancode and breaking legacy code by adding more functions and operators.
>>
>>127687290
People have responded really well to snow dorf fort rounds in the past.
This is why there's a general rule of "don't ever listen to what the thread says"
>>
>>127687341
Lmao no, I'll continually yell at you and your shitty coders for all eternity while playing the game and there's not a fucking thing you can do to stop me.
>>
>>127686838
>>127687021
You're being extremely dishonest here.
You're claiming that Cryo leaves you at subzero temperatures. While that's technically true, you're taking it out of context given that said temperature is not harmful under the current system. The temperature that Cryo ejects you at was CHOSEN SO AS TO MAKE IT NOT HARMFUL UNDER THE SYSTEM THAT EXISTED AT THE TIME.
What you're doing here is pulling the rug out from under the chosen number and trying to make fun of it because now it's misadjusted. No fucking shit, you've nerfed everything else that creates cold, because all of it was balanced for our current system (otherwise temperature gun would be an instant knockout).
The worst part is that you yourself know you're doing this and have absolutely no shame for it.
>>
>>127687161
I assumed that was what you meant. Communicating internally with only strings would be more than slightly horrifying.
It can't even communicate numbers to external programs?
>>
>>127687528
If the PR includes a very VERY easy way to counteract the new system in a controlled environment, why exactly is this a reason to get upset?
>>
File: fascinating.jpg (10KB, 249x238px) Image search: [Google]
fascinating.jpg
10KB, 249x238px
hahaha bickering code monkeys
>>
>>127687528
((Those two posts were made by different people))
>>
>>127686986
>Hey we're changing everything about cold and now the mancrowave will be required or else you'll freeze to death and die do you guys want the mancrowave?
>>
>>127687487
Because they are few and far between. Celt making them more than a special event but rather a dedicated mode is going to burn people out on it and make people start to hate it.
>>
>>127683857
underrated post
>>
File: lool.png (165KB, 1227x995px) Image search: [Google]
lool.png
165KB, 1227x995px
>>
>>127683073
>>
File: a screaming skull.gif (58KB, 752x752px) Image search: [Google]
a screaming skull.gif
58KB, 752x752px
>>127687649
BECAUSE THE OLD SYSTEM DID NOT REQUIRE SUCH BULLSHIT.
YOU'VE GONE OUT OF YOUR WAY TO SHOEHORN SUCH BULLSHIT IN, WHEN IN TRUTH THERE'S ABSOLUTELY NO REASON FOR IT TO BE ADDED.
IS THAT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
>>
>>127687867
Try updating your IE
>>
i was a late join. what happened this round.
>>
>>127687649
It's literally solving a problem IT CREATES
>>
What is the best way to go about setting up the sing, because I tried to set it up yesterday and got it to the right size and then a loud crash happened and it shrunk down a level.
>>
File: 7ac.jpg (12KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
7ac.jpg
12KB, 260x194px
>>127687913
>>127688065

THESE PEOPLE SPEAK THE FUCKIN' TRUTH!
>>
File: lo0ol.png (239KB, 1184x913px) Image search: [Google]
lo0ol.png
239KB, 1184x913px
>>
>>127687649
>Hey guys I'm re-doing power, now every time you want to set up a SMES you need to use a Professor's Sillywrench on it to open the panel, what do you think :)
>Woooooow why don't you like it I even added a Professor's Sillywrench right next to it
>>
>>127687487
I don't think you realize that they were accepted only as a rare adminbus thing (and the last one I was in ended very poorly indeed no thanks to random events not being disabled).

Now imagine that same map being part of the regular rotation, with all that it might entail. It would be a disaster, especially since with this shit going outdoors without equipment that will be stolen by greyshirts two minutes in will kill you. There's a good fucking reason that dorf fort maps are not the norm.
>>
File: veidt.jpg (50KB, 600x302px) Image search: [Google]
veidt.jpg
50KB, 600x302px
what is it okay to talk about in Dead Talk?
>>
>>127688307
Anything, but you have to forget all of it the moment you stop being dead.
>>
>>127688307
Anything
>>
>>127688281
So ban the assistants.

Why are they still a role? Let's just remove them, they are a haven for powergamers and newfags.
>>
>>127688307
Everything.
>>
>>127688357
so is it basically ooc?
>>
File: itssssperidot.png (139KB, 242x466px) Image search: [Google]
itssssperidot.png
139KB, 242x466px
So what the fuck happened with Nuke OPs, after I tried my horrible attempt at flaming drinks I ran out. Then I found a dead Syndie and wore his stuff
>>
>>127688307
The round, past rounds, everything really. It's like OOC but you can talk about everything. Of course, anything you learn about the round stays in deadchat if you're brought back to life as anything.

Had a fucking borg tell me HE HAD A VISION THAT AI WAS MALF once. No, that's not how you do it borg.
>>
>>127688432
Yep, MoMMI talk is also basically OOC
>>
>>127688432
You can talk about in character stuff too
>>
File: disparity.png (1MB, 1916x1001px) Image search: [Google]
disparity.png
1MB, 1916x1001px
Mapmakers why is this allowed

Why is so much effort put into unuseable Centcomm areas?
>>
>>127687867
>>127688198
Happened to me too, I just used the regular SEC board and not "Advanced Security" when I built it as IAA
>>
>>127688590
UPDATE YOUR IE
>>
Was I a good Warden?
>>
>>127688582
ARR PEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>127688675
Why the fuck would I use IE
>>
>>127686576
>ignores the fact that it's necessary for cryo
>ignores the fact that it's a microwave
Pretty Neutral
>>
>>127688502
>Be Mommi
>spend all my time fixing up Ghetto bar
>come out for lightbulbs
>station near destroyed
>go back to Ghetto bar
>realise that the dead can't appreciate a new bar
>cry robot tears
>>
>>127688675
>forcing us to download shitty IE to play a spessman game
why
>>
>>127688401
>remove Assistant
How many Job roles are there on the station?
I want to know a headcount before observers have to be diona, posibrains, borers, golems, pAIs, etc to get into a round once all the slots are taken.
>>
>>127688448
Journalist fag listened in on syndie comms, and caused shit.
Fucking AI ruined everything
>>
>>127688675
WHAT THE FUCKS AN IE NIGGER

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING BROWSER

EXPLAIN YOURSELF YOU CUNT
>>
>>127688675
>>127688740
>>127688786
>>127688872
Because BYOND is a shit language that's over a decade old and uses IE as a base.
You think we WANT to use IE?
>>
>>127688872
Internet Explorer.
>>
>Try to be more chilled out, Goodcurity borg that doesn't just taser everything because MUH HARMZ

>Get bawled out for not opening fire sooner, even after negotiating worked and the orificer was just blood-thirsty

Can't fuckin' win here, can I?
>>
>>127688851
>Fucking AI ruined everything
muh law one
>>
>>127682760
They're too slow cause of their placement, even with the upgrade. You can thermite an offset hole then go bonk the two to death, push in a fuel tank, shoot it, throw a grenade to kill the APC then it's shunt hunting. Because of the space tile, the AI is essentially fucked in the ass, even if you don't get tele welderbombed while you're busy anywhere but telesci
>>
>>127688448
I discovered that if you wear the jetpack in your suit storage it still propulses you but you can't change direction.
By the time I figured out what was wrong I had jeopardized the mission.
I'm so sorry Big Smoke. Fuck those obscure mechanics though.
>>
>>127688913
>>127688978
HOW THE FUCK DOES THE GODDAMN WEB EXPLORER HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE GODDAMN BYOND SHIT
>>
>>127688983
You're terrible in general, shitcone
>>
who did the splash arts that come up between rounds. they're good af
>>
>>127688448
My explosive implant didn't gib my body

That round was plagued with bugs
>>
>>127688983
You just stop caring then borg is 500% better

>>127689142
Dekret did a bunch
>>
>>127688983
Just shoot 'em, lad.
The only people who cry about "shitcurity" shooting people are the ne'er-do-wells getting shot themselves.
>>
>>127688401
It would change nothing about how this whole hypothermia thing adds nothing to the game but MUH REALISM.

And in case you thought Celt genuinely wanted to do this to improve the game as a whole, I quote from GitHub:

>I'm only coding this because it's my pet project, because it is (and I fail to see how that is in any way a bad thing)
>I fail to see how that is in any way a bad thing

It's like he's become Dylan, but with snow instead of meteors. Is that the kind of person we want coding around here- a guy who makes big sweeping changes solely to jerk off over his own projects at the expense of everything else?
>>
>>127689117
IT USES IE
THE WHOLE SOFTWARE IS BASICALLY A BIG SHITTY OFFLINE WEBAPP
>>
>>127688582
Okay, let's see...

>Area in bottom left of "all the actual cool shit" is the ERT and deathsquad prep area
>Middle left is cells, think DarkRP cell-lock on bad players who need to be talked to
>Top left is the ultra shuttle, been used a bit recently, just needs to be remade with the new shuttlecode
>Top middle is the meeting room, used to teach cult and stuff
>Top Right is the supply shuttle you dingus, it's gotta go somewhere
>Bottom right is the centcomm high court, used to be used for RP, personally used it to settle a dispute between two players about who was right for doing shit to who (One threw the other out of his salvage shuttle, the other came back and decapitated the first over it)
>Bottom middle, central highcomm "plaza", used for RP shit where players are brought back to centcomm for reasons (ERT extracting a VIP to get them treated at the medical bay, etc.)
>>
>>127689132

D'aaaw, so soon?
>>
File: banned-privateer.png (49KB, 644x551px) Image search: [Google]
banned-privateer.png
49KB, 644x551px
>>127688448
>mechanic
>AI asks me to setup power
>all I can do is the solars
>grab a hardsuit and a jetpack
>fly around and wire the solars
>screams over comms
>nuke ops in cargo
>fly a loop around the station
>find their ship and hack in
>they left an emag on the ground
>emag the navigation console
>move the shuttle to their base
>change the door access code
>find their comms channel on a wall mounted radio
>brag about taking their ship
>try to disrupt their communication
>attempt to PDA the AI some info but fail
>have an idea on how to arm the crew
>grab some of their weaponry to teleport it to science
>pictured happens
Well there is a rule I didn't know about.
>check the ban log
>"This classifies as metagaming, promoting terrorism and denying the immintent victory of lord emperor Trump. Have a nice day."
>check the logs and he gibbed me after I was banned
Can't dump the Trump. Thanks for reminding me Soca.
Guess I'm watching speedruns tonight.
>>
>>127688448
>be new to Nuke ops
>have another guy who's new
>Big Smoke and two others do well
>kill captain
>AI busts us out
>Our nuke guy goofed up (was new guy)
>I goofed up as AI locked me in
>bomb goes off as I try to help big smoke up

My view on things anyway.
>>
>>127686960
ENABLE HEART ATTACKS WHEN? WE ALREADY HAVE A LIST OF CHEMS AND FOOD THAT SPEED UP/SLOW IT DOWN. I WANNA SEE THOSE 'ZINE CHUGGERS COUGH UP A LUNG THEN SIEZE UP DEAD AND LIFELESS.
>>
are there ever consequences in game for shit that happens in thread?
is it just on the honor system?
>>
>>127689260
No actually, stay. I like laughing at you complain about metagrudge and cry about things like this.
>>
>>127689352
>Literally metagaming

Fuck off mate
>>
>>127689405
Just go to Goonstation, they go apeshit over that kind of thing.
>>
File: 1448864285931.jpg (148KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1448864285931.jpg
148KB, 960x1280px
>>127688357
>forget everything
>not just saying cryptic bits of things like "there was a blinding light" or "something jabbed me and it went dark"
>>
File: 1449730107841.jpg (19KB, 270x259px) Image search: [Google]
1449730107841.jpg
19KB, 270x259px
>Taking a fat shit in dorms
>Hear clown shoes
>>
File: untrusting of your bullshit.jpg (10KB, 264x255px) Image search: [Google]
untrusting of your bullshit.jpg
10KB, 264x255px
>celt gets away with adding a fireplace to the captain's (wooden) office
>sees his newfound power to add as much retarded shit to the game as he can, then holds it up on a pedestal saying it's what the game is supposed to be
We don't give the stick around enough.
>>
>>127689352
How the fuck is this against the rules, I once found their ship and bombed them with their bombs and didnt get banned, soca can eat a dick.
>>
>>127690173
The only reason he got away with that too was because Nexis would merge anything any time without reading it if it didn't have a big CONTROVERSIAL DO NOT MERGE tag
>>
>>127690173
I know. The adminbus needs someone that can step on its brakes every now and then so shit like this doesn't go unchallenged.
>>
>>127689352
>Preventing metagaming over promoting fun
Fuck that ban
>>
File: 1433510607110.png (51KB, 197x253px) Image search: [Google]
1433510607110.png
51KB, 197x253px
>>127689352
What the fuck? This is evidence enough that he's an incompetent memester that should be banned. Fucking Soca bet he won't even come here and explain his shittery.
>>
>>127689352
soca is such a shit admin
>>
>>127690282
It is legit in the rules to not touch the syndie ship if you aren't syndie. It completely fucks the round as the antags are now incapable of winning once some bumblefuck manages to find the ship, regardless of how good they were doing.
>>
So, Whats your survivals streak? How many times has your spessman gotten off the station in one piece in a row.
>>
>>127690767
why not just make it so the Syndicate's DNA can only move the ship?
>>
>>127690767
Why not actually make it impossible to fly the ship without being a syndie?
>>
>>127690767
this is like leaving a bowl of candy on a kindergarten table and shooting any kids that try to take one
if you want your candy safe why don't you put it on a tall shelf
>>
how equip belt
>>
>>127691451
Belt slot, where your PDA is.
Put ID in PDA, put PDA on ID slot.
>>
>>127690873
>>127690895
because das hurd :'( waah
>>
Speaking of Janitor is there any reason to use the mop or cleaner if you have soap? And is there any reason to use soap if you have cart?
>>
>>127631338
Anyone else have this problem where their game screen looks like this after updating byond?
>>
>>127692090
Nothing to do with byond its coming from your game rendering in software mode instead of hardware mode
>>
>>127692030
nope
soap power creep is real
>>
>>127690767
This is the dumbest shit i've ever read, and is the first i have heard of it. I remember me and some other guy raiding the ship and fucking the syndicates up, while a bunch of admins were on. I remember some guy raiding the ship and dodged rpgs shots and fucked the syndicates up and the admins even have him a trophy. I call bullshit
>>
>>127690564
What do you expect from a fucking female.
>>
>>127648390
>station integrity: 97%
>>
>>127690767
But dick johnson once stole the ship and flew it to the nuke ops base and nuked them.
>>
REMOVE SOCA
REMOVE SOCA
REMOVE SOCA

POMF YOU LAZY CHICKEN WAIFU WHERE ARE YOU
>>
>>127692030
No reason to use the mop or cleaner if you have soap. You can use soap to clean places the cart can't reach, though, like under tables.
>>
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/issues/7591
>>
>>127692727
Isn't that already the case ?
>>
>>127692727
Nah I don't like it, will just encourage people to find the shuttle more because it wont be bannable.
>>
>>127692239
How do i change it back to hardware instead of software?
>>
>>127692986
First try relogging.

Then if that doesn't work right click the top, go to client preferences, then make sure hardware mode is checked.

If hardware mode is on then simply relogging should work, maybe restarting your computer if it doesn't.
>>
>>127683073
HoS. Kill the nerds, bully the shitters and periodically die. Once you stop being a sperg about must all redtext it's actually pretty zen. You just keep slapping people in the brig according to actually problematic space law violations and perma if they're unnecessarily being a gigantic cunt or repeat non-antag pest.
>>
>>127693087
it is set to use graphics hardware already
>>
>>127692939
fuck off, soca
>>
>>127693087
>>127692986
Actually if hardware mode is on you can just turn it off and on again.
Just happened to me and it fixed it.
>>
>>127690767
>It completely fucks the round as the antags are now incapable of winning
Would be true if they left the nuke on the ship. They didn't. Even then the crew isn't able to move the ship without the help of an emag, which they conveniently left on the floor.
>go to the rules page
>ctrl+f "ship"
>5. Persistent characters and character relationships are fine, as long as they don't cause problems.
>>
>>127683857
>Print a bajillion guns for pogeyman hunting
>Layer them into a bag of holding plus backup satchels
>Have a med set and even chilis+ablative for hotswap
>mfw sec crawls up my ass over it
>mfw sec sec raids mining when I'm coming back with full belts and some rare minerals
>mfw sec removes my face and freedom cause of their paranoid meta
>>
>>127693337
oh wow neat that does work, thanks
>>
File: 1443042979052.png (196KB, 506x392px) Image search: [Google]
1443042979052.png
196KB, 506x392px
>Be Taitor
>Grab cartrage
>Erryone has disabled messaging
>Grab C4 and Pokeballs
>Syndie Commandos fumble over and die
>C4 The wrong wall confusing Silver Suit with Nasa hardsuit

I'M THE BEST, AROUND
>>
>>127693374
Sounds more like they were doing their job and giving you what you deserved. Now if only the rest of our security players were as willing to do that.
>>
Ban that fucking HoP
>>
Kaylie!

What was it you wanted to say in ghost chat?

t. dorf
>>
>>127692090
That happened with me before, blind bartending isn't fun.
Restarted my computer, worked for me, some other person went into settings and sorted it.
>>
File: 07e.gif (46KB, 194x192px) Image search: [Google]
07e.gif
46KB, 194x192px
>>127693678

Yes pls.
>>
>Take a long break of 4 months from spess
>Look at the names and notice no one besides the admins.
>Check the thread and there is no one prepetually complaining about admins in thread
>No one is crying about reddit or the panic bunker around the clock
>Everyone is complaining about a microwave instead.

Seems like a much more chill time to come back
>>
>>127686501
If your goal is to set people on fire, like 50. Just enough to cover em for a second or two after they slip or you stunned them.

If your goal is broiling this dept with no survivors and you have a backpack of them to enforce it then 1000, 2-3 shot and dump it for the next. If you prepped right, you'll hit about 15,000C, 1-3% oxygen, and pretty atrociously fucking high pressure that only grows every time someone opens a firelock to let more oxygen in
>>
>>127693372
>drop the nuke
>everyone rushes back to escape
>ship gone
>what the fuck
>nuke blows
>"If the Bomb detonates in the station successfully but no syndicates manage to escape, no-one wins."
>>
>>127693825
Do you only pay attention to waifus of the month or something?
They come and go. We still have some older staticnamers around.
>>
>>127693825
>take a long break
>come back
>mechanics are now a thing
I love that change. Scientists don't have to hang at the R&D counter anymore.
>>
>Roll mime, plague doctor
>Decide to help out with medbay
>Explosion out front, head there
>Captain bags the head rather than say, pass it to the doctor who's looking for a head amongst a pile of gibs
>Captain's in surgery now over busted kidneys, start the surgery
>Janitor just waltzes in, somehow already knowing where the captain is
>Get lasered, along with a nurse and the captain because the janitor has the captains laser gun
>Get back up, tell the HoS, according to him "the janitor already suicided"
>Find the captains head, somebody had called the shuttle because the power wasn't flowing or something casual
>Oshit, no time
>Grab the surgical tools needed to fix the captain, a headless corpse from escape, get it to the only table on the shuttle
>Time to fix us up a captain
>Somebody activates the flash on the door, be disgruntled
>Time to fix us up a cap-
>Flashed again
>Okay, third times the cha-
>Flashbang
>How about no-
>CLEANER GRENADE
>Never fix up the captain, while a vox security officer dances at the door

I mad
>>
>shuttle arrives at centcom
>Vox too caught up in murder so she falls
>had completely ignored the dude in the locker who'd already talked
>>
>>127694043
I am deeply amused, I was two of those.
>>
File: comfyoffice2.png (58KB, 529x558px) Image search: [Google]
comfyoffice2.png
58KB, 529x558px
>get IAA
>get office how I like it
>shuttle will arrive in 10 minutes

erry time
>>
>>127694279
WHY ISN'T THIS THE DEFAULT OFFICE
>>
>>127694460
Because the windoor isn't even finished
>>
For the purposes of Asimov what constitutes harm?
>>
>>127677098
Yo dog cool your plasma in the tanks.
Getting a full plasma tank at ~7 kelvin will produce over an entire MW just from singularity.

Cool your plasma to get big numbers.
>>
>>127694585
Fix it and bitch until that's the default office
>>
>>127694951
Physical, not mental.
>>
>>127694951
Anything that does clone, brute, burn, tox, or oxy damage.
>>
>>127695145
Does tazing and stunning?
>>
>>127695275
No not really. In real life it probably would, but whatever causes bodily harm in-game counts as harm.
>>
>>127695275
No.
>>
>>127693974
I noticed 1 person that wasn't an admin. Mind you due to work and timezones. I normally played on lowpop so I am not too familiar with this time to start
>>127694016
What new stuff has there been. Last thing I experienced is the pain in the ass digital wallet thing.
>>
>>127693825
Bans accumulated and an era of tentative peace descended.
>>
>>127689352
>>127690282
>>127690538
>>127690562

>Hear nukeops
>fly a loop around the station because of metainformation knowing where it can be. doing this as an engineer. Bragging about your abuse of meta knowledge.

Gee. I fucking wonder

>>127689428
Yes. Poorly IC OOCing or taking advantage of said meta info gets you assfucked. Other issues like x was griffan shit sometimes has a clear cut case in the logs and they get put down or asked about later.
>>
Did someone change it so showers don't kill slimes anymore?
>>
>>127693639
Arguably a harmless crime at best. I had a fucking blast blasting all the monsters with lascannons, smg's and AEG's though. It was a damn purge.
>>
>>127695928
That would be fantastic for double-efficiency slime feeding, but not last time I checked, at least
>>
>>127694279
>Move photocopier
>Re-do windows to incl a windoor and rtable to solicit
>Invite people in for privacy
>Use the airlock electronic in aux tool storage
>Done in 4 minutes
I guess?
>>
File: 1263845972775.jpg (7KB, 226x166px) Image search: [Google]
1263845972775.jpg
7KB, 226x166px
>>127693973
>someone effected their win condition
Isn't that the whole point of the crew existing on nuke ops game mode? Why not instead of admins having to babysit their shuttle how about the operatives leave someone behind to guard it. Or better yet don't leave emags lying around for the crew.
>>
>>127695823
This isn't Bay. Using round-specific meta knowledge is one thing, of course, but knowing something that is the same every round should not be a bannable offense on a server on which ANY RP isn't even required.
>>
>>127676527
It was goon back when TG was /tg/, my friend invited me to play and I played chef/bartender with him.
My first death was due to owls that explode into more owls, slowly covering the station in player and owl gibs
Rip donutstation and I HUNGER traitor botany man eating plants
>>
>>127695823
>because of metainformation knowing where it can be
I actually didn't know where it would be. I played nuke ops once and it was such a mess that I disabled it over a year ago. We tried to use the station's nuke. Anyway it made perfect sense to me that if we knew an armed crew of men were on the station that there must be a ship around here somewhere. I was also looking for the nuke on the solars when I found it.
>>
>>127696552
>owls that explode into more owls
Excuse me what the fuck?
>>
>>127696705
Goon magic. That was years ago and I have to find the image on my computer at home, I also think they spammed a bunch of xeno face huggers back when they were a mob that would chase people, back when goon had xenos
>>
>>127696325
>affected
You mean made completely impossible. Kill four out of five nuke ops and drop the nuke disk in the middle of the ai core, completely walled in and surrounded by sec officers with e-swords, and the last guy still has a chance to make it, but fucking stumble your way onto their ship and the whole game is done.

It's the exact same reason spacing the nuke disk is instaban too. You aren't playing the game at this point, you're just making an active attempt at ruining it for everyone.
>>
>>127697306
Maybe this will teach the nuke ops not to leave emags out in the open so that crew can just use it.
>>
>>127697306
>stumble your way onto their ship and the whole game is done
Only if some fuckwit left an emag lying around

>spacing the nuke disk is instaban
SPACING THE NUKE DISK DOESN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING IT JUST RESPAWNS WHEN IT HITS THE EDGE OF THE Z-LEVEL
>>
>>127693761
>>127693678
>get blamed for a bunch of shit i didn't do
>ban he
security brigged the clown for 4 minutes and lets green unrobust foot soldiers run the show
>>
>>127697306
>spacing the nuke disk
You can't fucking space the nuke disk.
>>
The only way to have a fun time as Chaplain is to go out of your way to be a dick to someone it seems.

I've tried holding mass and funerals and the like but like 1 person comes to them.
>>
How 2 fix text not scrolling?
>>
File: 1444194007839.png (1MB, 752x732px) Image search: [Google]
1444194007839.png
1MB, 752x732px
>>127698819
>I've tried holding mass and funerals
>fun

You're going about this all wrong.
You heathens need some religious fervor.
>>
That round was a shitshow on eng's part
>>
>>127697582
Another anon, it respawns instead of getting stuck now? Thank jesus
>>
>Wild ride normally: No big deal
>Wild ride while mute: Talk with your fists because nobody reads actions anymore

Chef, I just got you back from death, the least you could do is not loot the other corpses
>>
>>127698990

For the love of the Emprah, can we PLEASE remove defficiency station from rotation?
>>
>>127698929
Scroll all the way to the bottom, and click around to see if you accidentally highlighted anything.
>>
File: tumblr_nzzi37y2BN1v33g6zo1_540.png (214KB, 540x401px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzzi37y2BN1v33g6zo1_540.png
214KB, 540x401px
>>127696142
I'm slow and I have to snag a welding hood.
>>
>>127699083
Yes
>>
>>127699083
>Can't even fix a minor pipe issue
Shitgineering everyone
>>
File: dorf-fort.jpg (80KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
dorf-fort.jpg
80KB, 500x357px
>>127699083
No
>>
File: 1451236763461.gif (195KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1451236763461.gif
195KB, 500x281px
>>127698819
I just want you to know that if any part of you being a dick includes bashing people over the head with a bible for no reason until they get brain damage, I AM going to stuff your ass into disposals and throw your book out of an airlock.
>>
>>127698967
Going around killing those who do not seem worthy might just be bannable.

Actually, if that's a genuine reason which isn't just I'M CRAZY, it could work.
>>
>>127699216
Oh god, not like that, I meant stuff like having a go at borgs for not being human or calling everyone an idiot for believing in phony gods as an atheist.

Not random violence for shits and giggles.
>>
>>127699216
I just blind him or cut off his hands and a leg. If he's gonna be shit, I'll show him how shitters roll.
>>
>>127695823
If this is bannable then so should these
>getting emitters when you hear blob announcement
>making thermite when the AI goes delta
>handing out projectile guns when a wizard is spotted
>splashing everyone with holy water when cult is confirmed
>>
>>127699241
Sheesh. You don't have to be a Mujaheddin to be passionate to your religion.
>>
what are some good places for a wily assistant to break into.
>>
>>127699575
stop greytiding, you piece of shit
>>
>>127699575
perma is the patrician choice
>comfy
>can plant shit and cook shit
>sec cant do anything because you are already in jail
>>
>>127699575
everywhere
you scrub
>>
File: cory in the motherfucking house.png (27KB, 594x651px) Image search: [Google]
cory in the motherfucking house.png
27KB, 594x651px
>>127699575
MoMMI nest, nobody sees it coming
>>
>>127699575
The AI core.
>>
>Engineer
>Walk into Supermatter shard to open it
>Slam into wall
>Die
>Find out its cult
>Dont wanna ruin the fun so I kill myself when cloned

and that's how it happened
>>
>>127699753
> Break in perma as clown to make banana pies
> Warden, HoS and 3 sec officers rush in
> They all taze me
> Ask what the fuck I'm doing there
> Say I wanted to creampie
> HoS says I should be perma'd
> Nobody says anything for a minute
> HoS just leaves
>>
>>127699575
>station time 12:02
>on my way to getting tools for medbay, hear two explosions
>see gray assistant running back from arrivals
>find it suspicious, go check
>he literally broke into security checkpoint and opened the locker with two IEDs roundstart
>it was extended
>>
>>127699449
Last one is bannable, penultimate one is rather mean
>>
>>127700287
What's the problem here?
>>
>>127699753
>Try to get permabrigged constantly for comfort and protection
>Sec never let's me get permabrigged

it sucks
>>
>>127700327
No it fucking isn't.
Security has always tased people and force fed them holy water when it's confirmed cult.
>>
>>127700376
Powergaming extremely hard while being a massive greytider cunt about it.
It's not bannable, but holy shit would I rather if you didn't.
>>
>>127700502
Shitcurity may have done that. They wear the same clothes as security, that was probably what confused you
>>
>>127700571
Have you ever played security during extended lowpop? Gets so boring you want to kill yourself. I appreciate the efforts of asshole greytiders making my day more interesting.
>>
File: Untitled.png (225KB, 1188x949px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
225KB, 1188x949px
>>127699753
>break in and do this
>security gives no shits
>bake them pies
>they bring in traitors and I get to shoot the shit with them
breaking into perma is never not fun
>>
>>127700719
>barricading the windows to space
>the comfiest part of all of perma
Why
>>
>>127700848
meaty whores were coming so I barricaded it
>>
>>127700287
Props to him. I like his diligence.
>>
>>127700571
Doesn't bother me and I play sec almost 24/7.

That's small time.
>>
>>127700631
shitcurity or not, it isn't bannable
>>
>>127701181
That's not exactly an incentive to do it, is it? Or are you one of those people who don't ERP only because it's bannable?
>>
>>127700719
>eggs
How'd you get eggs?
>>
>>127701343
from chickens you dodo
>>
>>127701310
Your shits stupid and so are you
>>
>>127701573
Oh wow well actually no you
>>
>>127701509
There isn't a chicken in perma last time I checked
>>
Is it just me or does the connection keep dying for byond://ss13.undo.it:7777
>>
>>127701820
check again
>>
>>127699575
Yourself out of the straight jacket muzzle in the armory locker where I put you to give you time to think about not being a fucking nigger. Enjoy a ban for banbaiting if you try to be a dindu to the admins by the way.
>>
File: 1447050344602.jpg (206KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1447050344602.jpg
206KB, 1200x900px
>see someone you haven't seen in a while and want to play with them while observing
>get on the next round
>they left
>>
>>127700682
Not really. I perma them. they go braindead, then it's fucking nothing again more often than not.. 3 hour extended this morning and griffbay was griefing more than anyone.
>>
>>127702380
It's more fun if you get them a lawyer after you put them in perma. Also you should check in on them every now and then and give them opportunities to escape. Makes things more interesting.
>>
Join byond://ss13.undo.it:7777 for hypothermia testing

I will be supervising
>>
>>127703194
isn't that the normal serb
>>
>>127703194
wrong server, byond://ss13.undo.it:7770 is hypothermia testing
>>
>>127703194

byond://ss13.undo.it:7770 rather
>>
>>127703353
>>127703382
So are any of the /vg/ servers up?
>>
>>127676527
Spawned in as cargo tech. Some guy had a bunch of god blunts all over arrivals, offered me one. I spaghett and say no, but he puts it on me anyway. I had no idea how inventory worked so I managed to take about a 2 minute drag before getting critted. I had no idea what happened until the dude said, "woah man slow down with that shit" or something. Was pretty fun, I think I was in critical for most of that round
>>
>>127702531
>Extended
>Try to have fun with a greyshitter
>He tries to KILL me for arresting him
>He tries to kill any officer that gets near him later
>Have to gas him like a jew

don't ever let a greyshit have fun
>>
>people that run away when you get within a tile of them
>try to hand them something
>tell them first so they don't get triggered like the spergy cunts they are
>they move a tile away
>this repeats for a good 30 seconds
>fucking throw it on the ground between us because they're too autistic to take what I have in my hand
>they disarm me, run out of the room, and call sec

I hate people afraid of acting like normal human beings just because "I DUN WANNA GET ROBUSTED" so they leap 2 meters away if anyone even gets near them.
>>
>>127705775
If you call getting paperstunned/parastung/parapenned getting robusted.

I've caught chuckfuck cults trying to hand me evidence of there being cult only to shoot them right as they come up to me, and lo and behold, there's a paper dipped in NarNar's Secret Sauce® right under his stupid ass.

I can't count the number of times I've had to do that and receive unshocking results off of my hands.
>>
>>127706331
Oh, and let me follow that up by saying they usually try giving me an arcane tome by tossing it out on the ground so I can be distracted, only for me to find another arcane tome in their box and more papers. Of course, I'm not referring to the stun paper as the evidence they were giving, that would be a bit much on my part.
>>
>>127706331
Oh god the whole way this is phrased.
>LOOK AT THIS ASSHOLE SAYING HE IS BRINGING ME EVIDENCE THEN WHEN I SHOOT HIM HE HAD EVIDENCE.

Just the whole phrasing of it makes you seem like a stereotypical sitcom shitcurity officer.
>>
>>127705775
Safe spaces when?
Can't physically get within a tile of anyone.
>>
>>127706775
Wow. That was rude and dumb.
>>127706467
>>
>>127706775
50% of the "evidence" people want to give you is bait to lure you into a trap. And the other 50% is manufactured to frame someone else for a crime they themselves commited. When non security catch someone in the act they will either beat them into crit or call security. The crew doesn't gather evidence.
>>
Am I the only person that likes being a jobber?

Getting caught as an antag by blatantly antagonizing by going loud immediately, not powergaming, and intentionally throwing away fights so sec can easily robust me, get their valids, and be the hero.
>>
>>127707734
>not powergaming

I hope so. I want my validz to be satisfying.
How dare you.
>>
>>127707734
I don't like getting caught but I do like being an obvious antag. One of my fondest antag memories was walking into medbay with a bomb, telling the doctors to leave, and about thirty seconds later blowing it all up.

/vg/station is the PERFECT station for this because there are so many people who try to bait validhunters by acting suspicious and everyone is a flag-waving American who hates searches/cooperating with sec. So when you flaunt being an antag, people are suspicious of whether you're REALLY valid
>>
>>127703353
>>127703382
>try to connect
>requires a byond update
eh
>>
>>127708159
>eh
eh
>>
>>127708248
>eh
eh
>>
Next clown who tells me it was "Just a prank, bro" is getting airlocked.
>>
File: chem shitters.png (16KB, 383x358px) Image search: [Google]
chem shitters.png
16KB, 383x358px
is it icky ooky to post the fridge contents?
oh well
eh
>>
>>127708492
Thanks. Now I know where my objective is.
>>
>>127708549
happy to help.
>>
File: 1424230679408.jpg (29KB, 238x357px) Image search: [Google]
1424230679408.jpg
29KB, 238x357px
>>127708492
>12u alk
>5u Bicard
>5u Dermaline (or maybe mislabeled keloDerma)
>two different dosages of Rye for whatever the fuck reason
>10u DD
>no Antitox

Pain
>>
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/7516

This PR needs your opinion. Be sure to leave it.
>>
>>127710327
>over 250 comments
I'm not sure this PR needs any more opinions
>>
>No damage from cold.
Fuck yes. I fucking hated dealing with Lisks on the roid. Now I hardly have to worry.
>>
>>127710914
Oh boy you are underestimating hypothermia.
>>
>>127710327
>space is no longer cold to humans (because it isn't, duh.), this does not affect atmos.

Wait what the fuck
Why would you change this
You stupid dumb idiot
>>
File: 1447324219598.jpg (55KB, 451x720px) Image search: [Google]
1447324219598.jpg
55KB, 451x720px
>>127711309
>>
>>127711309
Probably because space isn't cold.
>>
>>127710914
>No damage from cold
Your body is going to be mangled form debuffs mate, up to having a serious case of death.
>>
>>127711464
Good thing SS13 is super realistic!
>>
>>127711584
>we shouldn't pursue realism because there's no other realism
Do you realise the circular flow of your argument?
>>
Who made those fuckin bombs
>>
>"""""""weighted"""""" vote
>>
>>127713209

Mike Dawson.

Don't worry, yer neighborhood secborg shat on him after a gunfight.
>>
>>127713279
I was impressed, that was like what.. 4-5 bombs?
>>
Alright so walk me through this. Ling mike hatsoon got outed and borged. Ling davion got lynched. I presume they saw him snatching dna. Mike got outed from a break-in + some loose evidence that his break-in helped pin on him and he got permad. how'd Israel gronko die? I found him in an emergency storage
>>
>>127713359

Yeah. Big ones, too. He was a pretty good gunfighter too, though apparently not good enough.
>>
>LAW 2 TASE SAWBONES
>LAW 2 TASE RAIL
>LAW 2 TASE VOX BESIDE ME
>LAW 2 TASE CMO
>I RAPED YOUR DOG
zozzle
>>
File: YOURS!!.png (64KB, 1464x537px) Image search: [Google]
YOURS!!.png
64KB, 1464x537px
>>127707228
This. Fuck them, if it's evidence I can pick it up after I fingerfuck them into a puddle of evidence.
>>
Goddamnit West, you slip all the floors and drag me to space but I wouldn't trade you for the world.
>>
>tfw beat the shit out of the dog killer
Serves you right, faggot
>>
>>127713457
That's what happens when you need to shoot a borg a dozen times before they go down and they only need one shot to stun you. I should have made an emp nade
>>
>>127713661
THE SMASH DOGS WILL LIVE ON, BROTHER
NOW AND FOREVER
DREAMS DON'T DIE
>>
>>127713701
You just had to step into a locker and flash n smash him
>>
>>127713701

I'da dunked you anyway!
>>
>I'll never have trhe skill to make multiple bombs without fucking up and getting caught/dying
>>
>>127713701
I'd have found you on my human control console and locked you down you naughty human.
>>
>>127713812
>get brainsnatched after brutal killing
>be borged
>WHAT SHOULD I DO MASTER
>"I dunno, go pester the clown for being a shit"

It was beautiful. Surprised they let me be a brain after that one.
>>
File: 18k1yj3ua80lmjpg.jpg (55KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
18k1yj3ua80lmjpg.jpg
55KB, 640x360px
post yfw you had your first robust moment

>mfw 2 wizards at once
>dunk both
>>
>>127709892
I thought it was good to stack keloderma into a pill for speedy burn heal. How else can you know what's in it? I guess just having each individual pill is better?
>>
>>127714121
I stabbed a guy in the face until he died for trying to push me. Then I got a 3 day ban to learn to not be a cunt.
>>
>>127714184

The endless trade off, mate, is effectiveness versus easyness/speed to produce.

The best recipe is not the "Best" in terms of raw healing. It's the one which gives you the most healing for the amount of effort required to make it, it's about the complexity/effectiveness ratio.
>>
Pomf is a dirty chicken.
>>
>>127714334
It takes an identical amout of clicks to make keloderm compared to derm.
>>
>>127714334
Is there any reason to not use tricord for most things?
Does Derma heal more burns than tricord or something ?
>>
>>127714470
Tricord sucks, period.
>>
>>127714459

Sure, but for it you could just adjust your ratios and make more Derma, which is the same but more.

>>127714470

Yes, by a LOT. Tricord is for clearing up dross, minor wounds, the crap that just sucks up resources. The specialist chems are for the serious stuff, tricord spamming isn't efficient due to the volume required.
>>
>>127714595
Damn , thank fuck no one told me tricord is shitty. I have been pumping that stuff out like 20 kids and counting does with babies
>>
>>127714786

Don't get me wrong, it's not /bad/ it's great for minor wounds or if there are many different damage types, but if someone rolls in with 80 brute you're gonna be there all day with it.

You can't go far wrong with it, but there's better available, it's a nice fallback.
>>
File: 1452045436258.jpg (160KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1452045436258.jpg
160KB, 1280x720px
OOC: Sarah Johnson: If you want to release a virus the answer is always fucking no. Kill yourself. Only a very small minority can cure themselves even when they have all the access or wires they need to. The rest can't tell the difference even if you repeatedly announce all the symptoms and they get a rand event virus. Then you have people thinking they're fine until whoops, plasma sub is popping

What did they mean by this?
>>
>>127715028

Viro's can make beneficial viruses that do good things, but anyone who isn't a medic can't really tell the different between that and gibbingtons.

Hence, the viro releases it with good intent but causes a panic/riot.
>>
>>127714121
Mine happened recently.

>tator tries to sword me
>slip him
>get his sword and lop his head off
>leave it all there
>nobody realizes what I've done
>>
>>127710327
What's the point when Celt refuses to listen to most of them?
>>
>>127714470
It's complete shit. The only things I use it for is filler in my bicard pills cause =>30u is an overdose and for self-treating viruses
>>
>>127714595
66% faster healing per tick in exchange for 17% less healing overall.
>>
>>127714334
I figure with having 10u of both dermal and kelp pills, a doctor could heal more total damage in total. I also figure either carrying both or taking both from the fridge when treating someone (who likely wants quick treatment) is slow or awkward. And I think if you can afford a slow dermaheal over long time for more total heal, you can just use sleeper, but for emergencies, I think the quick keloderma pill works better? Then again, crying is better for emergencies, so really the best situation for pills is in the field, where it is usually an emergency.
>>
>>127715220
>celt
>not listening

He's changed the PR several times to address others' concerns.
>>
>>127715220
That's not even remotely true
Celt has made a lot of concessions in this
Unless you're just cluster in which case fuck you cluster
>>
>>127715135
And then you get virologists making ""beneficial"" viruses that include Gaben.
>>
>>127715220
Celt actually listens to criticism unless he's done a poll or the criticism is coming from the thread, then he doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>127715527

But, by giving them a mix that doesn't heal as much, you're necessitating more of it, for the same effort expenditure to make it. So you're doing less work for the same amount if you just use the high-end version.

Plus, while it may be an emergency, once you've got the reagent into them at all, the emergency's over, it's just a waiting game now.

Plus, I dunno, cutting pills with shitter versions of the chem just seems shitty. Then again, maybe that's because I just flood tricord to deal with minor/medium stuff and use large doses of the specialist chems for "You've got too much blood in your bullet-stream, sir" cases.
>>
File: gibs.png (365KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
gibs.png
365KB, 1600x900px
>>127696705
>>127696552
its late but heres what I meant
>>
>>127714786
>4
>.
>5
>>>mg
Just do 10u, you fucking carrot. Nobody wants to sit around babysitting patients because the drugs are 1 parts cordial 100000 parts water.
>>
>>127715028
What it means is that pretty much at best, the stars align and you have fizzle, telepathy, lantern or maybe adrenalin extra if it's stopped killing people with overdoses, and maybe fill glass

Instead what usually happens isi t's "beneficial" with some strands that fuck shit up or a dumbass viro. Like space adaptation which leads to using cryo without a cure near impossible. At least in the old days adrenalin extra killed half the crew. People throwing biolubin causing internal bleeds, broken extremities by accident and "accident" All so some guy has useless telepathy for 10 minutes or is replicating 60 seconds in chem with a pill bottle. Not only that but roughly every 20 minutes a random event fires, one of these is a random viral infection. Now guess what happens when you have an epidemic of ignorance regarding viruses and symptoms that don't match the announced and a "knowledgable" virologist who doesn't know saying oh it's all fine. What happens is everyone starts emitting plasma, someone is smoking, and we all die in a puking sneezing hell of necrotizing lungs carpeting the floors and walls in viral sputum and we leave station completely lost to ignorance.

All for a "beneficial" virus that adds nothing of meaningful value. If you want to be a useful viro, cure your first three dishes, put the vaccine in cryo and the fridge then just be around to quickly cure any event viruses.
>>
>>127715761
He's done several polls, and half the coderbus has called bullshit on his changes. A fat lot of good that's done so far.

Also, he's literally trying to defend it by acting as if shaking people awake when they get out of cryo is a big fucking deal.

Smart doctors know to just leave them where they are and let them.wake up on their own. They're perfectly healthy, so it's wiser to let them wake up in their own instead of abandoning the rest of your patients to the WILD RIDE because you were too busy trying to help someone who was sleeping but otherwise 100% healthy.
>>
>>127716594
Half of coderbus are retarded opinionated hacks no better than anyone
>>
>>127715909
My answer would be that every second of waiting in crit is more suffocation damage needing treatment, but I guess that is negligible. Hmmm maybe pumping out 18 10u dernaline is better for the start, and if I find time with my thumbs up my ass, then I can make those shitty keloderma pills for //fun//
>>
>>127716594
Y-yeah but what about the cold?
They're too cold when they get out of cryo!
Even though this wasn't an issue before hypothermia was introduced
>>
>>127715909
Oh man that feel when sci brings them bluespace beakers and you fill a beaker box full of tricord to top pills off with. hnnng.
>>
>>127716916
>Get out of cryo
>Too cold! Can't a....
>foo has seized up limp and lifeless
>All cause ADHD man can't hold the fort
Fund it. Medbay hiring assistants to assist when?
>>
>>127716594
Hi, Celt isn't the one defending that, or at least not right now, that's me.

And to be quite fucking honest i couldn't possibly care less about half the coderbase, or even the entire coderbase not liking it.

There is one group of people that should like a change, and that's the playerbase. That's the only reason admins or coders should do what they do, to make the server and coderbase better and more enjoyable for players.

Which is why i've called for a public trial followed by an official vote on the changes to see what the players think. Yet Clusterfack mysteriously went silent when i asked him if he'd merge the PR if the player vote turned out positive or if he'd continue being a petty baby because he personally doesn't like it.

And this seems to be a big problem with coders, their own fucking egos. Riri does the same fucking thing, he seems to prioritize his own feelings over that of the playerbase's, and i would've thought Cluster was better than this.

And don't get me wrong, i expect Celt to suck it up as well if it turns out the players DON'T like his idea, but right now it mostly seem to be coders bitching.

What is wrong with a day-long trial to see what the players think once the PR is finished and go from there?

>>127716916
>>127717118
With Celt's system it's:

>get out of cryo
>lie on the floor with non-lethal hypothermia
>get up automatically with 100% health after a bit or get put into the mancrowave which takes 3 clicks

With the current system it's:
>get out of cryo
>lie on the floor unconcious
>get up automatically after a bit or have a doctor spend 20 seconds shaking you up.
>>
>>127716861

Ignore oxy damage except for very rare, special circumstances.

CPR heals more than they lose in between bouts of CPR. Spam it enough and you'll clear all oxydamage, no reagents required.

Hell, you can even spam the CPR while you're waiting for the reagents/first aid to work!

Unless they're about to die/have too little blood to even get out of crit (rare as hell but not impossible), there's just no point when yoyu can fix that damage for free with only your hands.

>>127716972

You monster! How dare you do things differently to meeeeeee!

</sarcasm>
>>
>>127716916
The irony is that they warm back to the point where hypothermia is just an inconvenience just a few seconds after being released from cryo now. You could literally do nothing and they'd be just fine- which of course makes the mancrowave or whatever it's called now COMPLETELY POINTLESS.
>>
File: 1442614330869.gif (915KB, 1279x720px) Image search: [Google]
1442614330869.gif
915KB, 1279x720px
>>127714121
>Warden
>Low-pop
>Low power because no engies and it's dark everywhere
>Take it upon myself to defend the HoP while he fixes it
>End up protecting the entire heads of staff including the captain from rampant lings
>Solo'd 3 lings with a shitton of stolen weapons/batons while protecting the knocked out RD in locked down bridge as the Captain, HoP and CE all worked to break in
>One of the admins was a ling and bitched after round about how the lings got stomped too easily

>Never did anything robust ever again
>>
>>127717732

No! Don't reveal that, then they'll nerf heat-transfer too just to make the fuckin' thing have a point!

We could have just ignored it entirely if you'd kept your mouth shut!
>>
>>127708492
>12u alkysine
MORE THAN TWICE AS MUCH AS NEEDED
>5u arith
Okay
>Bicaridine (5 units)
>Bicaridine (6 units)
BANBANBANBANBAN
>Dermaline (5 units)
BANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBANBAN
>>
File: 1382212888020.gif (2MB, 817x537px) Image search: [Google]
1382212888020.gif
2MB, 817x537px
>>127714121
>tfw 1v3ing cultists loaded up with eguns and tasers after waking up in a corner of the brig from a chloral coma, only to later dunk two more before I was finally surrounded from people who just came back from Armory Town
>>
>>127717597
Thanks for the discussion. I'm shit at experimenting, I just end up doing the same things even if they're shit.
>>
>>127716861

Yer gonna need a lot more than 10u in that thing, m80.
>>
>>127714274
>not be a cunt

You did well, personally, you should've glassed him first.
>>
>>127717585
>non-lethal (translation: completely harmless)

So you're basically saying that the wisest thing to do in either the old or the new system is to either let them stay on the ground until they wake up or get an assistant to wake them for you- you know, the thing I just told you about on GitHub less than ten minutes ago.

And you called me the shit medbay player when you can't even do triage properly. (Nice ad hominem response over there by the way, given that I'm part of the playerbase whose opinion you claim to care so much about.)
>>
Is it socially acceptable to keep drinking glasses on hand to smash into people's faces?
>>
>>127717597
Or you could use Dexalin Plus, which removes oxydamage completely and prevents it from even occurring as long as its in their system.

Did I mention you can't OD on it? Because if you have enough in your system, you don't need to breathe at all. I'd rather have to do that than fiddle around with CPR, which can't even bring people out of crit.
>>
>>127718893
I dont see why not. But I would fill it with fuel first so you can light them on fire after you get done
>>
>>127718348

Hey, this is just how I do things! If you can get your own system that works for you and is better, more power to you! I'm just hoping there's something useful to take away from it.

>>127718973

>CPR can't get people out of crit.

You are the wrongest man on the planet right now.
>>
>>127715909
Kelotane and Dermaline stack, that's why they're used together. Which would you rather have, a lot of the drug that heals 1.5 points per tick or some of that combined with the drug that heals 1 point per tick?

You choose the latter, since now it heals 2.5 burn damage per tick over the same amount of time as a.pure Dermaline pill would have been in effect. More bang for your buck.
>>
>>127717585

Senaat not sure if just full of shit or trying look good after all that shit you post on the hub about this.

but this not 1st time you pull shit like this any way
>>
>>127718704
>nice ad hominem

Nigga, did you see your own fucking post? You went full fucking retard, why the fuck would i respond seriously to that?

And you act as if every single second of medical is balls-to-the-wall maximum wild ride. There are moments where you can take five seconds to click on something and some situations where you want a head, a member of security or any crewmember up as soon as possible for a myriad of reasons. Why are you complaining about something being added that saves a few seconds in the situations where it is used and doesn't make a difference in other situations?

Also, Celt and Elim are both experienced medical players and they agree that it is important. Again, why not just poll the playerbase after a few rounds with the new systems? Why has nobody that DOESN'T want this merged agreed to try that yet?
>>
>>127719230
>Dexalin Plus isn't instantaneous in its effects

Not as wrong as you, apparently.
>>
>>127717585
>>get up automatically with 100% health after a bit or get put into the mancrowave which takes 3 clicks
So in other words there is no point for the mancrowave to exist.
Don't tell me about how it's going to be faster to put them in the mancrowave and heat them, because traitors will see this as a free "KILL TARGET" button.
>>
>>127719298

It heals more quickly, yes.

But not, over time, AS MUCH. As I said, time isn't relevant once you're applying the drugs, you hold them with CPR and let it take it's time to get the best results.
>>
>>127719491

I didn't say it didn't?
>>
>>127719298
20 carbon silicon
10 oxy phosph

Makes 6 keloderma which is 5 units of kelp and derma
>>
>>127719548
>Don't tell me about how it's going to be faster to put them in the mancrowave and heat them, because traitors will see this as a free "KILL TARGET" button.

...What? You can't kill someone with the mancrowave without emagging it and when you emag it it glows bright red and takes what, 30 seconds to finish.

What in the WORLD are you talking about?

And yes, it would be quicker. I thought medical cared about efficiency, you seem to argue cryomixes to death yet 3 clicks to wake someone up instead of spamming clicks for 20 seconds is too much?
>>
>>127719859
15 carbon carbon silicon silicon oxy phos for nine pills.
>>
>>127719486
>There are moments where you can take five seconds to click on something and some situations where you want a head, a member of security or any crewmember up as soon as possible for a myriad of reasons.

So in that case why would saving time you wouldn't be using for anything else even matter? Plus, givign them coffee still has the same effect as the mancrowave would in that situation.

Plus, Celt and Elim are hardly unbiased even if they are experienced- of course they would agree if it means pushing their pet project through.

>>127719583
No CPR, only Dex+ or Inaprovaline if they somehow lost their plasma. CPR is purchased by virtually every other method of healing oxy damage, including the Dexalin pills in the oxygen deprivation kits nobody remembers to use.

>>127719943
It does, which is why they don't want more steps no matter how fast it would supposedly be. True efficiency is not bothering to click that guy at all, hell wake up on his own just fine.
>>
I don't know about this argument, but I am against the mancrowave because

WHY ARE WE GETTING A MICROWAVE AND NOT A GODDAMN DIALYSIS MACHINE
>>
>>127720124
Oh fuck I'm a retard. Goddamb I assumed 45-45 couldn't be divided in 9 pills. They just can't be divided into 4.5 pills. Fuck me.
>>
>>127720303
Because you haven't coded it
>>
>>127720303
Because we can just make new kidneys. I don't think we even have any conditions that would require dialysis coded into this game.
>>
>>127720270
You forgot to answer something, anon.

>Again, why not just poll the playerbase after a few rounds with the new systems? Why has nobody that DOESN'T want this merged agreed to try that yet?
>>
>>127718348
>>127717926
How do you rate alky heal rates?

>>127717597
This, cpr, bruise pack, ointment, resting, and food can bring a lot of people back without fancy shit. Especially if it's the advanced.

>>127718973
CPR can easily bring someone out of crit. Fucking cryobabies.

>>127720568
I AM THE PLAYERBASE!
*PLAYERBASE
*PLAYERBASE
*PLAYERBASE
>>
>>127720474
quite a lot actually.

Basically any time a person is in full toxins meltdown and all their organs are dissolving, in fact.

The organs melt as soon as you put them in, it's awful.
>>
>>127720791
you are an autist thats for sure
>>
>>127720474
Parasites when? I need the clown to catch bloodworms
>>
>>127717847
>lings got beaten too easily
>the most babymode antag option in the game
>>
>>127720791
You're one single person, any one person's opinion on the subject shouldn't be a deciding factor.

Not to mention you haven't even TRIED the new temperature system yet, considering how many inaccuracies there are in your shitpost.
>>
>>127716323
I'm pretty sure vaccines don't work in cryo, because cryo uses on_touch
>>
>>127720870
It just takes a little testing period to get the I HATE CHANGE! HAAAAATE! people to stop jumping at shadows.
>>
I enjoy Deff kinda.
>>
>>127721087
Cured blood might do the trick, since you can infect people with blood smoke.
>>
File: anal.jpg (125KB, 399x600px) Image search: [Google]
anal.jpg
125KB, 399x600px
>>127714121
>clown slips me and farts on my face
>had just read about the fabled "windowslam" one round prior
>grab his ass and windowslam him until he deathgasps
>>
>>127720791
It's not really sustainable, anyone using it will most likely be wasting most of it. 5u helps everyone, for the same 60u you start with.
>>
>>127721217
No, that's precisely it, splashing blood doesn't work. Otherwise you could have a cryomix of 100% blood to instantly bring people to 600cc.
>>
>>127721440
Makes sense, I always did 10's and if they needed more it was probably brain chips.
>>
>>127720791
It only brings them out of crit if they have minimal.amounts of damage from other sources, and it sure as shit won't keep them out. Leave CPR to the paramedics, real doctors have better tools than they do.
>>
>>127721469
So wait, I can splash people with beakers of tricord to heal them? How much is transferred? Why has nobody told me this?
>>
>>127721030
Nobody has here if any of the posts are an indication. Who here has actually tried it, and is this mancrowave machine even useful enough to justify its existence?
>>
>>127721656
It's shit. I think only half of it gets transferred in a best case scenario, and it doesn't work if they have any coverage etc.
>>
>>127720870
Joke flew right over you head. T-Thanks...
>>
>>127720860
At that point you just clone them and be done with it.
>>
>>127721030
>new temperature system
What the shit is the new temperature system
>>
>>127720860
When it's bad I just put them on antitox, arith, pepto, tricord and if I can jew it, phalanxaminefrom the cmo office then just treat the organ since the repair heals it all the way anyway. He just has to hang on for like 40 seconds then slam him in cryo to stack the heals higher.
>>
>>127722210
Nobody really knows, the only thing that matters is Celt insisting on fucking up Cryo and adding a stupid microwave to Medbay for no reason.
>>
>>127722210
Space is cold enough to gib you without wearing insulated jumpsuits with a space suit.
>>
>>127720568
>>127720568
The last few polls that have been deceptively worded so as to misrepresent the actual changes being made leave me highly suspicious of both the polls and the people setting them up, and saying "just trust me on this, give it just one chance" simply reeks of desperation.

>>127722210
https://github.com/d3athrow/vgstation13/pull/7516

>TL;DR: MUH REALISM FOR MUH SNOW MAP
>>
IF YOU WANT TO TEST THE NEW TEMPERATURE SYSTEM

GO HERE

byond://ss13.undo.it:7770

IT'S BEING TESTED HERE.

There are bugs and balance issues, mind you. But please actually mess around with the new features before shitposting.

>>127722395
Clusterfack, why don't we try it for a round or two and then do a poll, see if the players like it? Or are you still too much of a baby to respond?
>>
>>127720860
>>127721990
>>127722249
Yeah, I can actually see why we might want a dialysis machine when you put it like that.
>>
>>127722498
Shots fired. beakers of kelotane needed in coderbus
>>
File: you.jpg (19KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
you.jpg
19KB, 512x384px
>>127720568
HEY REMEMBER WHEN THE NEW BLOOD LOSS SYSTEM WAS MERGED ON TRIAL AND CODERS SAID IT WOULD BE REVERTED IF IT PROVED BROKEN AS FUCK
REMEMBER HOW IT PROVED BROKEN AS FUCK, AND STILL IS BROKEN AS FUCK, AND WASN'T REVERTED
REMEMBER HOW THEN CODERS SAID IT WOULD QUICKLY BE ADJUSTED TO MAKE IT LESS TERRIBLY BROKEN
BECAUSE I DO REMEMBER NOTHING LIKE THAT EVER FUCKING HAPPENING, AND THEN BLEEDING WAS LEFT EXACTLY AS FUCKING IS
>>
where do pAIs have to be on you so they can inject chems?
>>
>>127722498
First, not even Clusterfack. Second, why don't the people actually involved in this testing who don't have a direct stake in the matter speak up about their experiences. (I would do so myself, but the internet connection is awful where I am now and its a miracle this place even gets wireless for me to shitpost over.)
>>
>>127722550
Like, you could probably do it without the tox nuke but it gives me a chance to crack out my full autism chemist pill bottle and that's hard to pass up.Antitox and tricord, fix the organ, cryo, re-fix it, let antitox finish up isusually enough

Cloning Is still faster and easier and requires no skill

>>127722685
>Bleeding made actually significant
>I don't like that Ican't just ignore every bleed forever
>This is broken
Cool story anger guy
>>
>>127677545
>Fuck Mozilla Fireshit

Please tell me it's giving you Untrusted Connection for basically every fucking website out there.
>>
>>127722802
COOL FUCKING STRAWMAN RETARD GO SIT OUT IN THE CORNER
>>
>>127722776
Probably testing instead of shitposting.

>>127722859
Yes. I can't even add exceptions and the ones I did it wouldn't let me anyway. Captcha has been spazzing out on other browsers.
>>
>>127722868
CAUSE IT'S BROKEN SIMPLY CAUSE YOU DON'T LIKE THE CHANGE RIGHT? YOU GO SIT OUT.
>>
>>127722776
Probably because only a handful of people bothered testing it so far.

I L I T E R A L L Y encourage anyone who wants this merged or doesn't want it merged to go to byond://ss13.undo.it:7770, check out the new features and then give constructive feedback and what could be changed.
>>
>>127722947
Lovely, I'm not the only one who had problems with it and had to move to fucking Google Botnet until it's fixed.
>>
>>127723141
Fine, I'll join you in telling people to test it because I can't do so myself. Just don't blame me if you don't like what you hear from them.
>>
>>127723114
YOU WEREN'T FUCKING THERE WHEN IT WAS MERGED, BECAUSE IF YOU WERE, YOU'D KNOW THIS ISN'T SOME FUCKING IDEA OF "JUST ME" AND THE ENTIRE THREAD WAS SINGING THE SAME SONG
>>
>>127722772
hand or pockets
>>
>>127723357
Ah yes, the "entire thread" Consistently consisting of your samefag bitching about the world is ending now that you can't ignore a ruptured lung for four hours with zero consequences. The HORROR!
>>
File: can't stan.jpg (25KB, 255x249px) Image search: [Google]
can't stan.jpg
25KB, 255x249px
>>127723532
>>
>>127723264
Mate, i'm not the coder, it's just that i personally like the changes (especially the blankets) and think it's got potential. Meanwhile Clusterfack is trying to shut it down because he personally doesn't like the PR or Celt or whatever. (He also thought the new comfy fireplaces were a mistake too.)

Seriously, go find bugs, go give criticism, help Celt improve his shit.
>>
>tfw no qt vox gf to greet you at home after a long day at work
>>
>>127723532
By the way I don't know what world you come from but you can still ignore ruptured lungs for pretty much forever provided you have dexaline
>>
Coderbus rogue blow the github

But really, balance/gameplay changes shouldn't get a DNM because a collaborator doesn't like it. Otherwise we're literally TG and their godawful coderbus.
>>
>>127723698
>He also thought the new comfy fireplaces were a mistake too.
I thought the fireplace was extremely tacky and out of place (and the subsequent disease of head roles AFKing in front of it, literally watching as the captain got ebowed and beheaded) but I didn't speak up because besides of people being stupid, there was no gameplay effect.
Unlike that blunder, I am fully convinced this microwave is for the fucking worst and I will simply not accept my workplace having this dumb fucking goofball-tier abomination that I am actually forced to use.
>>
What's with the sudden spike in people playing as female Vox?
>>
>>127724132
If there'll be a vote, vote against it then.
>>
>>127724132
And before you even say it, no I'm not clusterfack.
>>
>>127724296
How come Celt is allowed to hype every single dumb snow shit he comes up with, but I am not allowed to speak out against it? Isn't that kind of hypocritical?
Besides, every vote so far has been worded in a very biased way.
>>
>>127724467
no they havent you dumb nigger
>>
>>127724467
>How come Celt is allowed to hype every single dumb snow shit he comes up with, but I am not allowed to speak out against it? Isn't that kind of hypocritical?

Who says you're not allowed to do that?

You can have any opinion you want, the only person i expect to be impartial is Clusterfack because he's a collaborator on Github and he has the potential to merge or torpedo the PR.

But if you're just a player, please, have whatever opinion you want.
>>
>>127724743
See:
>>127686986
>>127688746
>>
>>127724773
If he really wanted to torpedo it, he would have already done so.
>>
>>127723948
Riri nex and pomf are dead. It's cluster and pjb's house now
>>
>>127724885
Pomf is alive, he just doesn't have the opposable thumbs needed to code properly.
>>
>>127680215
I'm pretty sure SS13 is about the engineer metagame cleaning up shitlers messes
>tfw just want to praise Lord Singuloth
>tfw Lord Singuloth ate my face
>>
>>127724872
Sure, he could've done it, but he still has a job as a collaborator to merge others' PRs, even if he doesn't like the idea behind them. If the playerbase wants it, he should merge it.

All i'm asking for is for the players to try it, and then give their opinions on it.

Why are people so opposed to this?
>>
>>127724885
Riri tried to torpedo a PR the other week because it added prayers and faxes to the special window and apparently the window that he coded as msay.output or something like that is for adminhelp only.

Still hasn't made any merges in months and still has an ego the size of your mother.
>>
>>127725065
Because that's logical and reasonable. Fuck youuuuuuu!
>>
>>127725065
Because most of the players are idiots.
>>
>>127725429
In my experience, so are most coders. What is your point?
>>
The weighted vote system is kinda fucked, it seems to always choose the smaller vote.
>>
>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""weighted vote""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
File: Please don't ask for source.png (112KB, 265x239px) Image search: [Google]
Please don't ask for source.png
112KB, 265x239px
>Play HoS
>Remember why I don't play HoS on unfamiliar maps
>>
File: hello darkness my old friend.png (3KB, 371x47px) Image search: [Google]
hello darkness my old friend.png
3KB, 371x47px
>>
So, it's all agreed, now.
We stop voting for box and dump all of our votes on meta from now on.
>>
File: Untitled.png (3KB, 338x50px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
3KB, 338x50px
DUDE WEIGHTED VOTES LMAO
>>
Deus Vult, my Jewbird Hunting companion, hopefully CentComm purges them all next round.

also fuck this weighted vote system
>>
File: RIGGED.jpg (26KB, 471x114px) Image search: [Google]
RIGGED.jpg
26KB, 471x114px
NOT EVEN FUNNY ANYMORE
>>
sleep tight assistant
>>
I thought weighted votees were admin fuckery
>>
File: data shrug.jpg (102KB, 1434x1079px) Image search: [Google]
data shrug.jpg
102KB, 1434x1079px
>Ripleys can't pick up lockers if they contain people anymore

I see the anti-griffing rationale behind the change but packing lockers full of people and carrying them with the hydraulic clamp when the station gets torn apart by meteors or loose singulo was an irreplaceable search-and-rescue tool.
>>
>>127725916
They are, soca's on.
>>
File: 1447970217974.png (98KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
1447970217974.png
98KB, 600x500px
>Zach can pick sec
>>
>>127721291
>had just read about the fabled "windowslam" one round prior
pls explain
>>
at what point does greytiding invoke admin punishment
>>
File: [Nasheed Intensifies].png (20KB, 640x509px) Image search: [Google]
[Nasheed Intensifies].png
20KB, 640x509px
>>127726039
That entire round as security was utter shit.
I gave up halfway through, but at least I still had the mercy to perma and isolate suspected lings instead of embrace my inner jihadi.
>>
>>127726180
Murder and/or sex.
Unless if soca, ghlor, or pain are on. They like to find excuses to get their banvalids.
>>
>>127726140
Grab someone and click on a window. Does a lot of brute damage, and you'll probably be able to grab them again right after.
>>
>>127726180
Usually when death is involved
>>
>Get Bwonked twice last round by Soca
>>
>>127720270
I'd just like to say that this isn't my pet project. I have absolutely no stake in this except for my mancrowave sprite
I legitimately think this a good change regardless of who made it.
>>
>>127726271
>>127726235
keep the body count low. gotcha.
>>
>>127726398
Bingo.
>>
File: 1418811544176.jpg (91KB, 690x729px) Image search: [Google]
1418811544176.jpg
91KB, 690x729px
>>127725741
no fuck you, the detective was the one that caught 2 out of the 3 lings. then you latejoin an hour late and blindly listen to any shitter's accusations of ling. ALSO FUCK YOU ALBERT FOR KILLING AN INNOCENT PET SNEK CORPUS! seriously why the fuck would you ruin so many peoples fun petting the snek by killing it. thats not valids, thats griff.
>>
>>127726198
I had a good laugh.

How we managed to execute two changelings yet be incompetent enough to let every other false suspect escape is beyond me.
>>
>>127726609
>>127726573
Whenever Perse Cutron is on the scene, incompetence reigns supreme and redtext is heralded by glorious serenades of imperialistic doctrine.
>>
why is soca such a shitty admin
>>
>>127727137
Lack of self-critique.
>>
>>127725968
They actually can senpai. You just gota jump in the locker as the ripley is loading to trick it.
>>
why does Rain7x shitpost in ooc so much
>>
I just ordered 3 large pizzas for myself and I don't know why
>>
>>127728610
three pizzas, huh?
>>
>>127728920
I kinda regret it now but its too late
>>
I think Soca should be deadminned
>>
File: 1445986673929.png (37KB, 108x185px) Image search: [Google]
1445986673929.png
37KB, 108x185px
>>127728920
What? Three pizzas?
>>
>>127728998
just tell him it's the wrong address or that you got pranked
you'll have to take them anyway, but that way it doesn't look like you're some fag who ordered 3 pizzas without any friends
>>
>>127703958
the accurate drugs experience
>>
>>127729236
this desu
>>
>>127728998
Could I have some? I haven't had pizza in really long.
>>
What's the single most entertaining moment you've had in this game?
>>
>>127729681
Where you live homeboy
>>
>>127703958
wait
you're supposed to take it out after a while?
>>
>>127729767
observing and shittalking the bads with all the other friendly ghosts
the metaclub has no power like the ghost council.
>>
>>127729767
>was clown the other day
>HoP gives me Meme status and thus all access
>get into chem despite Kifer's numerous attempts to beat the shit out of me
>make space lube
>spritz a little in the hallway above
>never used it before
>start seeing people going through that hallway at the speed of fucking sound
>actually in pain because of how much I'm laughing
>>
>>127724295
probably has to do with people and their >tfw no vox gf
theyre the attention whores showing up to take up the offers
>>
>>127730323
8/10 honks clown. would have been 10/10 if you did research enough to make a chem sprayer and load that full of lube
>>
>>127729767
Rail throwing a fucking fit at me as she gave me a new liver because I lit up a deathberry blunt in Medbay and was red within about 4 seconds.
>>
>>127729767
There's been a lot of moments, but a couple of rounds ago when I fucked up as ling and kept coming back in different forms and finally meeting Westballz for the last time that shift, with the doctor who gave him new hands despite orders, and I as an electrical brain.
It was totally homo.
>>
>>127730323
>I was Kifer
>trying to give you brain damage so you can't use chem dispensers
>They give you alk
REALLY NOW
>>
File: 1451555663591.gif (4MB, 158x223px) Image search: [Google]
1451555663591.gif
4MB, 158x223px
Wait so if space isn't cold, how will half of the engines even work? Especially the SME
>>
>>127725741
It's not bad. You'll eventually find the armory, empty it, then spend a shift in a whirlwind of lethaling people, putting them in your pulled HoS locker then carrying on until you've killed 1/3 of the station and we all go home or you get killed and we all go home.
>>
Is Rambling Maniac still around? I grew fond of his insanity
>>
>>127731792
Last I saw of him he was following a plate into deff's maint. he never made it out
>>
>>127726180
Don't kill, stay out of the armory, don't do stupid grief like splashing cryo beakers, don't cry to admins when sec shoves your shit in so they can have a moment of peace.
>>
>>127731739
Cooling loops are supposed to work as they do now. If they don't, they're bugged.
>>
>>127729767
Walked into the bridge, slipped the captain, killed him with his telebaton he dropped, killed sec one by one as they showed up and displayed a complete disregard for flashbangs and the buddy system. Shot some innocents in the hall and evacuated to greentext.
>>
>>127726398
Don't shit around and break into the armory. Seriously, STAY OUT OF THE ARMORY. You're banned as fuck for tiding in there, and that's if Sec doesn't waste you on the spot
>>
>>127732018

they fucking don't after testing this temp shit

temp guns do fucking nothing a slime can walk in snow and takes zero damage same with slime humans who go form 100% to 800 burn form cold just for stepping in space nothing.

This makes the TEG SME useless and bossting the Singuo power out point using space to cool plasma for it.
>>
>>127731354
Stab him with a syringe of mindbreaker then when he falls over, two syringes of cryptobiolin. If you're especially salty, chloral, load him up on mercury and impedrezene for turbo drain bamage

>>127731792
saw him last week at least.
>>
File: 1406478695676.png (92KB, 337x294px) Image search: [Google]
1406478695676.png
92KB, 337x294px
>>127732018
>space isn't cold
>except for this one specific instance and a few others that have an even bigger bearing on the round lasting longer than half an hour

If it's not already bugged it's going to be.
>>
>>127732497
We tested things with Celt there earlier, 90% of the things you posted in Github are known issues he's working on when he wakes up.
>>
File: Pacmanstation2.png (618KB, 1600x774px) Image search: [Google]
Pacmanstation2.png
618KB, 1600x774px
>>127732497
Do you remember the sins of our fathers?
Turbines refurbished WHEN?
Autismospherics station with hunger enabled WHEN?
>>
>>127732406
This. Armory shenanigans are an instant lethal and trip to the gibber. Fucking no. I'm not paid to put up with bullshit. Fuck off to tg if you wanna greytide like that
>>
>>127732886
>>127732406
Secure Armory or just the general one with stun batons and shit?
>>
The only thing I know about this game is its super detailed and theres great ways to grief

Give it to me straight, is the game for faggots?
>>
>>127733023
Both. Leave sec the fuck alone you nonantag piece of shit. If you want to shoot shit buy it from cargo or go to literally any department that is producing more guns and chloral than the entire crew combines.
>>
>>127732018
Not no more they aren't.

The results from the hypothermia testing are in: it's a total failure.

Highlights, as pointed out by 9600bauds:
>You can be cold and on fire at the same time. Being on fire inexplicably makes you starve, and dionaea take zero damage from being on fire.
>Basilisks are practically harmless.
>no gas can be cooled below 34 degrees Celsius in cooling loops
>if you climb into the mancrowave to use it and you're on fire, it COOLS YOU DOWN
>mancrowave console is indistinguishable from the machine itself (and isn't even in clickdrag distance of cryo)
>the emag functionality FREEZES people instead of burning them (temp goes down 4noraisin)
>hypothermia itself is a minor inconvenience apart from the unconsciousness, you're more likely to be robusted by anyone who sees you knocked out than you are to die from the hilariously slow oxygen loss

I gotta say, my expectations were ridiculously low and Celt still somehow couldn't live up to them. Bravo.
>>
>>127733163
It is and griefing is a good way to be removed from round and eventually be permabanned.

http://ss13.pomf.se/index.php/bans
>>
>>127733164
Don't be so hostile, I was just asking.

When I play grey I usually actually try to fix anything that's broken once I've acquired glubbs and a multi.
>>
>>127733163
You can be as faggy as pretending to kiss a man pretending to be a girl or as manly as making a cult with you and your buddies about hitting the gym and GAINS

Game is what you make of it
>>
>>127733310
EZ way to get guns
Wait until research is done
Print whatever you want (assault rifle and AEG reccomended)

take those lockboxes and pop em open with an IED
>>
>>127733463
I have never made an IED, how do?
>>
>>127733163
It has a high concentration of faggots yeah. You can get away with light griff but any crazy shit will get you banned pretty quickly.
>>
>>127733203
Why are a handful of people this fucking upset at Celt changing something? He's said it's far from finished yet you act like he just merged a change where assistants starts with emags and pulse rifles to the main server. Give your criticism like a grown up and not like an angry teenager so he can actually improve his shit.
>>
Do the fucking threat detectors Sec have even work?
>>
>>127733310
Sorry, it's just that the server is constantly shit from all the faggotry. It wouldn't be so bad if we could just kill them and gib them at the first sign of niggardly behavior to head off the grief but >rules

>>127733463
Hey retard, remember so many nice things that were coded out? Yeah, it's some stupid cunts like you don't think before you speak. Shut the fuck up before you know who pops a blood vessel and either removes or makes them unopenable without an id with clearance
>>
>>127733463
Buy can of soda
Put igniter in there
add welding fuel
add wiring
after that, click it to commence the countdown. Ideally you want to drop the lockboxes and the IED on the same tile. Just beware doing it too close to space or near glass, as a breach could potentially turn into a bannu
>>
>>127733716
>niggardly
I don't think you know what this word means
>>
>>127733757
I do mine next to fuel tanks. IED's doesn't always open them so the fuel tank gives it that added oomph to make sure you open all of them.
>>
>>127733757
where does welder fuel come from
>>
>>127733513
Empty soda can > Igniter > Welder Fuel > Wire > Done
>>
>>127733878
welder cows
>>
>>127733863
Language evolves. Stop being so niggardly with your definitions of niggardly

>>127733960
Someone post the security cow pic
>>
>>127733675
They're pretty useless honestly. On par with the sps
>>
File: jojo for dummys.jpg (2MB, 1714x1252px) Image search: [Google]
jojo for dummys.jpg
2MB, 1714x1252px
>>127733536

let me points this out for ya

>100% tested

celt and the man who fucks washer machines trying push this shit to live when no testing has been done by them until now by the players.

the fact that i can be on fire as a xeno and take no burn is a joke but the laser hurt like normal.

not only that horror mode lings who are space harden are slowing down to this cold out of no were and passing out form it.
>100% tested

You should probably not ever say this again none of the coder should say this shit any more
>>
>>127733536
"Far from finishes" is an understatement when plasmamen can walk around without their suits and not take a single point of burn damage from it.
>>
>>127733536
Why are you shilling this fucking garbage so hard?
>>
>>127734227
>100% tested

Where does it say that? Ctrl-F-ing the PR brings up no relevant results.

>>127734323
Thank god there's such a thing as bug reports, right?
>>
>>127733757
>Get welding fuel tank
>use blowtorch
>get a PM from Admins going "Well what did you expect would happen"
>>
Just spitballin, What if a wizard had a spell that turned you into a talking semi-random piece of a whizzard mech that it could assemble and pilot if it transformed enough people to collect the whole set.

>>127734101
the gps is bretty good, I've caught people a couple times thanks to it and a few more thanks to finding prints and fibers. The bigger problem is people who don't wear them and who don't rename the tag
>>
NEW THREAD WHEN? IT TAKES 20 MINUTES FOR ME TO POST CAUSE MOOTWO BROKE EVERYTHING TO HELL WITH HIS NIP HANDS.
>>
>>127734430
He has alleged that all his changes are 100% tested on other PRs that were clearly not
>>
>>127734430
And thank god that PR sure as shit isn't getting merged at this rate. I didn't even describe all of the things it broke.
>>
>>127734841
You should probably describe them in the github then, so they can be fixed.
>>
>>127734841
Instead of being a cancerous faggot, how about you explain them on the pr then go on a tirade about how this evidence shows celt is shit and it should be merged
>>
File: gillian_5.jpg (12KB, 175x157px) Image search: [Google]
gillian_5.jpg
12KB, 175x157px
>when the AI locks the doors and waits for Sec to get you
>when no human harm was taking place
>on asimov
Corpse was missing a head before I got my ling ass on it, gawd.
>>
>>127735060
Or, better yet, open a bug report
Nobody's going to read that PR anymore-it's closed and has over 200 comments
>>
>>127735079
Who were you? That you mike hatsoon the chaplain like a round or two ago?
>>
>>127734908
>>127735060
It already was. Complete with pictures like this one. Can you see what's wrong here?
>>
>page 9
>>
new thread:
>>127735287
>>
>>127735246
You're an AI being burnt to death by soylent viridians?
>>
>>127735079
>AI constituting corpse-abuse as human harm

b a n
>>
>>127735079
My rule as Asimov AI is once I have confirmed a changeling who has taken the appearance of a human I must destroy it on the basis that it absorbed a human to get aboard.
So if the AI saw you beforehand, then prepare your ass for law one.
>>
>>127735246
>Cause she's hot and hold, she's got it all.
>>
>>127735218
That's the one.
I have a feeling the Paramedic who I'm sure was eating the guys up for himself ratted me out to sec, and then sec told the AI to do so, but never have I felt so fucked the second HoS strolled in asking me how my day was.
>>
File: Jojo series.jpg (547KB, 1280x935px) Image search: [Google]
Jojo series.jpg
547KB, 1280x935px
>>127734227
That's a little different from the version I found
>>
>>127735396
Stopping human harm is a thing, not avenging. I mean, it's utterly within your right to stop and kill a confirmed ling, just damn, it sucks not being human when the borgs roll up.
>>
can i get a whitelist? ckey is tmilly
>>
>Soca: OOC is not for bitching
>Proceeds to bitch in OOC
>>
>>127736927
>Mutes OOC
>Shit talk me here

Anyway nah I don't feel like getting banned
>>
>>127736927
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks Soca is a huge faggot.
>>
>>127737357
Honestly, I don't have a problem with Soca in general (except maybe she's too quick to ban) but that was just a silly thing to do
>>
>>127736238
Ask one of administrators
>>127737470
Honestly, she should be deadminned, she is bad admin and bad person
>>
>changeling steals all the guns and exosuits and teleporters and shit
>dies to an AI with a door crush and a prediction

toppest of top keks
>>
>>127738160
dont forget the mime then gibbing the fuck out of it with a fuel tank and then walkin away
>>
>>127738160
> security does literally nothing
> assistants failed to contain the lings
the mime was our only option, and he lived up to our expectation
>>
>>127738160
>all the changelings sit out in space on the pirate ship for 3 hours and tele everyone to the transmitter on the DJ Sat
>>
>>127738296
>>127738310
good work mime.
>>
Being a coke-addled tree with security toys was fun
>>
TO THE ASSISTANT WHO SET UP AI CAMERAS FOR ME IN MAINTENANCE:

Your help literally was instrumental in crushing and gibbing the fuck out of a changeling.

I HOPE YOU FEEL WARM INSIDE, YOU DID A GOOD JOB
>>
>mime
>Just dick around and play chase games with the hos who goes braindead later
>Decide to steal all the head of staffs pets
>Steal the HoS too since he does no have a pet
>Ask god to grant me the mime curse at the cost of my legs
>He gives me the ability to make TWO invisible walls
>hell yeah thats good enough
>Show it off
>nobody is impressed
>CE is pissed yet confused why I broke into his office, does not realize poly is gone
>HoP was a ling or something
>HoS was braindead
>There was no RD
>CMO was oblivious
>Go steal the real nuke and find the nuke disk
>Spend a good 20 minutes trying to break the code
>Shuttle call
>Drag HoS and ian to the shuttle
>Go back to get runtime and the nuke
>ling is right there
>shit shit shit
>Go drag away some corpse, I already know what I must do
>Once corpse is out of the way, bring in a fuel tank
>put it on top of ling
>welder it
>Suprisingly unharmed
>Steal his armor and walk away with runtime
>get suprised by xenos and rekt as I get a trophy
was fun 10/10 round
>>
File: 1296858579944.jpg (11KB, 186x167px) Image search: [Google]
1296858579944.jpg
11KB, 186x167px
>>127738472
>mimes and assistants not being nuissances for once
what is happening
>>
>>127738559
They're stepping up their game to griff antags instead of griff non-antags
Just older players being old
>>
>>127732725
>90% of the things you posted in Github are known issues
THEN WHY DIDN'T HE FIX THEM BEFORE DESPERATELY CRYING FOR HIS SHIT TO BE MERGED
>>
Updated IE and advanced security cameras still fucked. is IE 11 all? or is there another update
Thread posts: 802
Thread images: 102

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.