[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/domg/ - Dominions General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 770
Thread images: 66

Standing on someone's shield while you stab his friends edition

Previous Thread: >>126872330

Dominions is a fantasy turn-based strategy game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a strategy game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Dom4 Manual
http://jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Pastebin
http://pastebin.com/JMmSrpdE

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is ded.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the pastebin
>Read the memes

Submit completed games here:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: 1244612365324.jpg (67KB, 364x386px) Image search: [Google]
1244612365324.jpg
67KB, 364x386px
First for wood poisoning.
>>
File: dominions.jpg (571KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dominions.jpg
571KB, 1600x900px
That's a lot of units...
>>
>>127176273

everything about this post is cringey
>>
Fourth for erf snek, the prophet of erf snek, killing an erf snek, in a province named erf snek, on a map that is a giant erf snek.
>>
>>127176373
what
>>
I took the advice from some dudes here for EA Mic Pretender ........hit me.
>>
>>127176518
Too bad the game isn't called erf snek too.
>>
>>127176584

1. That's not a lot of units.
2. gridsquares/verbose battle reporting in a screenshot
3. the ellipsis
4. filename
5. acting like you know anything about the game when it's obvious you don't
6. SP
7. ugh
>>
>>127176803
#rekt
>>
>>127176803
>7. ugh
You're as big of a faggot as he is.
>>
>>127176896

>pretending you were trolling when you were just being shit

Leave, never come back.
>>
File: EA_Feel_the_Bless.jpg (443KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
EA_Feel_the_Bless.jpg
443KB, 1920x1080px
>>127176663
Forgot pic.....

Also are there any other forums besides Deadura for dominions?
>>
Is anyone trying to start a game?
>>
>>127177029
Yes.
>>
>>127177029
yes
http://www.llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=domgmagame
>>
>>127177007
Growth 3 > Order 3 if you don't need the gold right away (ie, first 12 turns), and especially for blood nations like Mictlan. Also, why are you going for a blood bless at all if it's not B9?
>>
>>127176896
lel im not the guy who posted the picture you fucking autist. I was just commenting on how utterly #rekt he is now.
>>
>>127176803
there were 800+ units in that battle, that was pretty large for me
>>
>>127177795
>>127176896
>>127176987
>>127176803

Absolutely subhuman. Thanks steamsale.
>>
>>127177991

There aren't 800 units in that screenshot. So, you've totally failed to communicate anything to anyone. Well done.
>>
how does i shoot cumunion magic
>>
>>127176803
Nigga that doesn't matter
What I want to know is why he's managed to research up to getting artifacts but he's still using collosi and few mages
>>
>try out EA ulm
>sacreds are ok, but surprisingly squishy
>get some heroes
>the son of steel is barely better than a generic unit
>mages are shitty
>everything is so squishy
>no good priests

>try playing a random giant nation
>good magic, super powerful units, just cake walk everything

why.jpg
>>
>>127178285
well it was hard to get 800+ units on the screen at once without zooming out to make everything really small

>>127178293
The collosi were left overs from the early game and i wasn't expecting to get hit by such a large army. What units do you think i should have been using?
>>
>>127178432

take order 3 growth 3, research storm demons and staff of storms, then fly around and zap the fuck out of everyone
>>
>>127174896
Nazca can dump sloth to 3 and give zero fucks, much like Mictlan can.
>>
>>127178293

He's playing SP. Big horde of trash units on one side, poorly scripted non mage supported 'units that kill trash units' on the other. Doesn't understand how game works because new, but posting up screenshots to amaze us at his battles with AI xibalba's vast hordes of mermen and ogres.

>>127178297

Because you're new and don't understand how the game works, and you're playing against the AI.

Players wreck giants, and the reason EA Ulm is low tier has nothing to do with it's priests, sacreds, or excellent infantry - it's the path combinations/lack of depth on it's mages that make it hard to use.
>>
>>127178607

But how the fuck do you expand with them?
>>
>>127178432
>What units do you think i should have been using?
Millions of demons and other blood summons
And a lot more mages, seeing as Berytos has really good magic diversity.
>>
>>127178553
>storm demons
>not shed
>not Se'ir
It's like you can't even burritoes.
>>
>>127178774

>can only cast in wastelands

derp
>>
>>127177583
>Growth 3 > Order 3, especially for blood nations like Mictlan
I thought it was the other way around.

Order means less troops patrolling (and less population killed by patrolling). Growth won't replenish the population fast enough to keep up with bloodhunting.

>Also, why are you going for a blood bless at all if it's not B9?
+strength is pretty good for Mictlan's troops.

I don't think it's worth it here though, B5 is more than 3 scales of points.
>>
>>127178737

You use the sacreds, with a bless, or an awake expander. And your expansion is shitty. Nazca is a sub-par nation without multibless supaya spam, at which point it becomes quite good but a one-trick pony exploiting a single broken unit, and one that gets hard-countered after a certain stage in research. And that is super boring to play.

Non-supaya nazca is surprisingly fun. You're a nation of flying skelespam, and other wreckface magic that costs you so much gold and rp to develop that it's rare as hell and might never actually reach the battlefield.
>>
>>127178737
Supaya factory turn 3 :^)
But in all seriousness use your sacreds, they aren't amazong but with a dual bless they give zero fucks.
you are taking a double bless, right? Right??
>>
>>127178906

So fort a fucking wastelands. Bery uses a variety of tactics to lay waste to whatever, and se'ir are an excellent tool in that arsenal. Shed, eh. Shed can take or leave.

Using Bery in SP is like using fine lockpicks to screw in a screw. Sure, they can do it, but why would you.
>>
>>127178906
And? Terrain locking a summon does not make it any less "shits all over everything". It just means you build a fort on a wasteland and you make damn sure you beeline for a wasteland.
>>
>>127179072
>>127179001

Only went with d9 + awesome scales. Maybe should snag d9n9 for tarts, or d9w9 or funsies.
>>
>>127178553
is staff of storms really worth it other than the auto storm? the lightning bolt seems pretty weak

>>127178725
the colossi were set to hold and attack, but they got surrounded before they could move. what would have been better orders?

>>127178758
Why no colossi though? I mean, spamming demons seem like a really easy strategy with any nation that has decent access to blood magic, but is it so good that it invalidates everything else?

What kind of magic do people tend to use? Most of the spells seem to be shitty single target or 1 area spells. Only a few of the spells really stand out because they have decent AOE like false fetters or earth meld. Stuff like armor of achiless seems really shitty.
>>
>>127179125

Ok, so we set out to fort a fucking wastelands. And then it turns out that we don't have any on the map we're playing on. Or there are wastelands, but we're far away from them. Or we do get to the wastelands, but so does someone else, and the province we try to fort becomes a DMZ.

Now do you understand the problems that could arise from relying upon that strategy? Besides, Storm Demons kick ass. You need to reach a certain critical mass with them before they work on their own, but still. They're awesome. Fuck your berserking furries.
>>
>>127179270

>d9n9 for tarts

Yeah, you should definitely take a sub par bless to wait for a possible lategame tactic that requires fuckloads of gems you probably won't have due to a sub par bless. That strategy is one that doesn't get the shit kicked out of you by most people.

The best supaya bless is b9f9. There are arguments for d9f9, and for d9f9n9. But the blood vengeance combined with the +atk turns supayas into blenders and shuts down evo based defenses to their antics. This ensures you'll overrun several nations in midgame, and thus, have the possibility of actually winning before counters to you come online.
>>
>>127179447

Gasp, if there are no wastelands within range or on the map at all, you don't use se'ir. It doesn't mean that 'use se'ir' is bad advice.

Storm demons are an EXCELLENT unit. In a storm. When you have enough of them.

You know when se'ir are a BETTER unit? At all other times. You make se'ir until you can mass-produce storm demons in lategame, and have flying mage support and commanders for a flying demon army.

In the midgame, you are deploying se'ir, making them into marble liquid strong se'ir, or fog flying se'ir, or all of those things, and then you watch the se'ir rip apart literally everything. They have TWO MAGICAL NON ELEMENTAL ATTACKS EACH. It's almost worth taking a bless for them, if the map has actual wastelands on it (as most good maps do).
>>
>>127178928
There's something to be said for order in blood nations, but growth will be more valuable later on when blood nations tend to do better. I think I would rather take G3 and have better income later on and just move to different provinces to bloodhunt instead of worrying about depopulating them.

>>127179323
Colossi aren't great, especially compared to other sacreds in EA, even if they do fine against indies. You're better off buying another mage than another few colossi, but this is the problem with Berytos in that they have bad troops all around. Spamming demons what you do since they are way superior to anything you can recruit (although recruiting chaff to shield your mages is fine, just don't recruit them to do more than that), but it takes a while before you can do it effectively. At the stage of the game you're at, you should have primarily demons and some chaff whilst your diverse and strong mages go to work.
>>
>>127179839

>Gasp, if there are no wastelands within range or on the map at all, you don't use se'ir.

Aaand, guess what that means?

I'll give you a hint: it has something to do with their actual availability.
>>
>>127179447
So fucking trade the nigga for a wasteland.
>>
>>127179976
How do you judge whether a unit is good or bad? Colossi looks like it has decent all round stats and i had a E9/B4 bless so they were pretty tough.
>>
>>127180169

Who the fuck would just give Berytos a wasteland when they have a summon like that? You'd have to be dealing with someone who simply doesn't know about it, and again, you're banking on something that is very unreliable. You can't just assume that your opponent is ignorant.

If I was facing Berytos and saw that they were about to capture a wasteland province, I would stop them. I would not accept anything in exchange for that province. I would force them to fight me for it.
>>
>>127179323

You're playing SP, and you don't really get how the game works at all. Storm stops flyers, and enables first-turn casts of Storm Power, the air boosting spell. If you don't have a Storm Staff, enemy flyers can and will hit you if you are attacking them (first turn defensive advantage) - with a storm staff, they walk along the ground. The lightning bolt effect has nothing to do with anything and you should have your storm staff on a large, powerful unit that is hopefully a mage, in the back, and buffing itself to protect against stray arrows/explosions, so you don't lose your air gem investment.

Colossi are a decent sacred, but not for the price. Without a bless, you should only buy them as bodyguards if you expect assassination on important mages. Even with a bless, you stop buying them fairly quickly and rely on berytos excellent mages to win fights.

Read this: http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/another-magic-primer

and this: http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/basic-magic-a-primer

Mages can teleport in, kill thousands of enemy units, and then go the fuck back home. Mages can summon giants who wade through lesser mages, troops, and whatever to wreck entire armies. Mages can link their shit together and explode entire battlefields, or individually hurl enough fireballs to blot out the sun. Mages can turn 100 shortbows into enough firepower to wipe out 300 armoured troops. Troops become chaff (useless units used as speed bumps) as the game and research progresses, some slower than others. Buffing troops turns them from chaff into actually useful assets, giving them the ability to fly to enemy mages, rout enemy troops, or just not take any losses while killing stuff. Regular humans generally are not worth the time to buff. Demons with buffs will kill literally everything.
>>
>>127180464

>give berytos a wasteland

Yeah, cause every nation beelines for wastelands purely to stop berytos summoning se'ir. If that's how you plan your expansion, my guess is you lose every single game around early midgame.

>if I saw berytos

Okay. So in expansion, you have scouts inside other people's expansion zones, and armies ready to pounce?

>I would force them to fight me for it.

So you've crippled your expansion, marched your armies across the map to 'deny' a wasteland province to berytos, you're lucky enough that that is their ONLY possible wasteland, and now you're forcing them to.. kill your weakened, shitty self in order to get that wasteland plus whatever other land you've managed to get in a truncated expansion? Well, okay.

And if they can't do that for some reason, they now have to gasp, use one of their many other fantastic things to kill people with? And you've still fucked yourself to slightly weaken one of your multiple neighbours?

Theorycraft harder.
>>
>>127180406
It depends, really, but the main thing is that colossi only have one attack and are size three, and don't have anything particuarly good aside from better than average stats. Compare them to Se'ir's, a national summon of Bertyos, which have three attacks each, have more hp, berserker 4 and unbreakable morale. They don't cost anything but blood slaves, which gives you more money to buy more mages (which will actually win you fights). They're not strictly bad considering them by themselves, but Berytos has much better stuff to use once they get a blood economy going.
>>
>>127180945

That post was based upon a specific in-game scenario. Kind of like your obsession with se'ir.
>>
>>127181163
Dude there are at least two people posting about se'ir, probably 3.
And 'hypothetical situations' are gasp! Theorycrafting.
>>
>>127180945
how do you tell what terrain type a province is? pressing i doesnt tell you, mousing over the province doesnt tell you either...
>>
>>127181745
truly, you are the most retarded amongst us
>>
File: here.png (109KB, 744x218px) Image search: [Google]
here.png
109KB, 744x218px
>>127181887
Mouse over the little icon under the province name
>>
Open game......
>>
>>127181009
okay, just found their stats. they seem to have pretty low protection, defence skill and hp...how do you keep them alive?
>>
>>127181745

It's not hard to understand, you dolt. At least not for a normal person with a properly functioning brain.

>If I was facing Berytos and saw that they were about to capture a wasteland province, I would stop them.

Does that sound like I intended to cover the map in scouts, and lock down each and every wasteland as a matter of general strategy? No, genius, it really doesn't. Because that's obviously not what I meant. Since you're having so much difficulty understanding this, I'll explain it to you: I was saying that *IF* I was up against Berytos, and I *HAPPENED* to notice that they were about to take a wasteland, I would stop them because that would give them access to a powerful spell.

Of course I'm not going to base my entire strategy around taking wasteland provinces, just in case one specific nation decided to use one of them to cast one specific spell. Why would you even assume that? It takes a special kind of moron to arrive at that conclusion.
>>
>>127182085
but most provinces have no icon?
>>
>>127181163

I've posted twice. It's either 2 or 3 people who are disagreeing with you here, mate. And saying se'ir are a better buy than storm demons in most circumstances is not controversial, or the sign of an obsession. You're just wrong. Look at the stats of both units. Consider the possible buffs in play. Look at the research/mage turn/slave cost of summoning them.

Have you ever actually played bery? I have played a lot of bery. And you are just incorrect.
>>
>>127181982
Why because I used anon number two's expression? Because I disagree with you? Or because you've lost the argument and are resorting to calling me a retard?
or because GASP se'ir are better than Storm Demons in almost every case, and the few that they aren't Shed are.
>>
>>127182351

The best part is that guy isn't even me.

>*HAPPENED*

Do I even need to refute you, or can you go back to SP on your own
>>
This is why we need IDs.
>>
The bottom line is this: yes, se'ir are nice when you can get them, but you can't bank on getting them if they're only summonable in a single terrain type.
>>
>>127182267
They're not there to stay alive, they murder everything else because they have 6 attacks per square and take buffs extremely well. Having a bunch of flying, ethereal high protection berserking Se'ir running into a front line will murder shit fast. 28 hp isn't exactly bad for a size 3 unit, either. Note that they're sacred as well, so you can take a bless for them if you want to make them more durable or more killy.
>>
>>127182606
I seriously considered putting a name down, but that is not /domg/'s way, nor should it be.
>>
>>127182578

>Do I even need to refute you

Go sharpen your $20 ebay katana or something. You make it sound like I should be afraid of your stupid argument or something, like I'm in some sort of real, physical danger.
>>
>>127182416
Most have no icon, that's just generic terrain. You'll see icons if it's a mountain, swamp, border mountain, wasteland, forest, farm or cave. There's differnt terrain for UW provinces as well.
>>
>>127182831

The bottom line is look at the map, look at the coastal starts, and then consider how likely you will be to snag a wasteland. If it seems likely, bank on it. If it seems maybe, bank a little on it. If it doesn't, just make fiends of darkness or demon knights.
>>
>>127183001

I understand you may have nothing going on m8, but I prefer not to have to write a bunch of words if I don't have to.

Since the bread seems to already get that you're wrong, i'm gonna save my fingers the effort.
>>
>>127178297
Ulm's sacreds aren't good at all, you're supposed to use their troops and buff them.

Their mages are weak individually but really cheap and don't need a fort.

Giants are only mediocre troops (as a general rule, some are better or worse than average). They have good stats but size 4/5 is really bad and they cost a lot.

>>127179976
>just move to different provinces to bloodhunt instead of worrying about depopulating them.
Moving provinces regularly is a sign of poor bloodhunting. Every time you move province you waste a bunch of mage-turns which could have been spent getting more blood slaves or researching.

Besides, Mictlan can (and probably should) bloodhunt every province that's between 4000-8000 population by the time they hit midgame.

>>127182416
That means they're just a generic province with no type. Some provinces can even have 2 types.
>>
Tips on Bandar Log?

Do they want a w9 bless for their tigers? What do they expand well with?
>>
>>127183214

>i'm gonna save my fingers the effort.

Yeah, you'd better do that. Wouldn't want to, uh, break a finger or something from over-typing. Yup.
>>
>>127168087
There actually is a nation like that.
It was kinda like Pangaea in that it had Nature/Earth/Blood paths mainly, and also in that it had lots of freespawn. It had some pretty unique mechanics though.

It didn't have any recruitable troops or mages, but summoned everything with bloodslaves.

Their mages had two forms: an immature, mobile "princess form" (with B1 or something because of negative pathboosts), and a immobile (and permanent) "queen form" with N2B4E2 (I think).

Only the "queen form" produced freespawn and both quality and quantity depended on dominion strength. The freespawn didn't have popkill or anything, but they were size 4, came in the hundreds once you really got your factories going, and didn't have "need not eat", so you couldn't just turtle on them forever because they would starve to death within a year.

Furthermore, once you got Dominion to 10, the very, very slight domkill would slowly begin to outpace even Growth 3.

This all amounted to a very strong reason to spread as fast as you can once you get going, paired with a military that can facilitate that desire.

It was a lot of fun to play around with.
I wish I could remember what it was called ;_;
>>
>>127183251
why is size 4/5 bad? it just means more hp, which seems like a good tradeoff compared to humans that die in one hit.
>>
>>127183251

Moving every few turns is, but i've had good success with straight up depopulation. Saves on the micro, and you get more slaves overall than spread hunting, in the short term. And more slaves = more lands, or staving off an otherwise fatal invasion, so it's generally worth it.

>>127183281

w9 tigers are pretty okay. Mostly people use cascades and various tricks to carry through midgame. Tigers help with the expansion, which can be a bitch otherwise if you get unlucky with elephant use. Either full scales with a touch of prod, or w9, is generally what I see people using. You could probably try an awake expander, too. The problem with the nation is crappy troops and not good enough magic to fully counteract that. Bypassing that problem somehow is often what determines success. Summoned troops is what i'd look at, claymen perhaps.
>>
>>127182848
its just that you can only summon 2 of them per mage right? so you need lots of mages on summoning duty to keep replinishing them, which means mages not in combat...
>>
>>127183652

Less attacks per square. More attacks on each individual giant. Means they get whittled down fast, and their defense stat/shield is weaker. Given that they cost as much as 3-5 humans, it's not a good trade.
>>
>>127183669

Are there blood/death summons worth fucking with or n
>>
>>127183652
Size 4/5 only fits one to a square. Size 2 fits 3 to a square. So a giant gets attacked at least 3 times for every attack it gets on a human. And if the giant has a short weapon, they have to deal with three repel attempts every time they make an attack.
>>
>>127183763

You also need mages on blood hunting to get the slaves for them, troops on patrol to reduce blood hunt unrest (or scouts/commanders shuttling slaves around), mages researching to get spells to cast, mages walking around sitesearching.

Most mages don't spend their time walking around with armies. This is why you have lots of forts and lots of mages.

The main issue with summoning them is that they need a cap-only STR expensive mage on that duty. But later you switch over to cheaper mages with blood boosters if you need those brides in battle.

The thing about se'irim is that you don't need 500 mages in a battle where you have 40 se'irim. You buff them, send them on their way, and watch the carnage. They replace mages needed in battles, and they do so for 4 blood slaves each, and zero upkeep. A low gold cost, compared to the high cost of a Stormcaller.
>>
>>127183763
2 per mage for a low level demon summon is actually quite good. Not to mention they're B1 so your workhorse mages that you need a lot of anyways can summon them.
>>
>>127183930

Their blood summons ARE worth fucking with. Since their summons can blood hunt, and thus create more blood summons, and break them into blood.

The problem is, though, that bandars that go that path tend to die before it produces any results, because they're already a weak nation, and no bless/less gold to spend on cascades or whatever tends to get them eaten before it pays off.
>>
>>127183763
Se'ir are fairly easy to summon, really. The ritual only needs B1 to cast, so you can set a few Berytian priests on it (which are pretty expensive for bloodhunters but aren't going be seeing combat much). It's an easier spell to cast than the summoning rituals that only summon 1 demon at a time. Later on you'll be moving towards the high end demon summoning spells which give you lots of demons per mage turn, so it's not so bad.

>>127183930
Death summons are good if you can afford them, they're extremely good if you can get gift of health and tartarians, which are extremely cheap, strong and durable casters that are a bit insane and usually have afflictions (which is what you need the gift of health for, to heal them so that they can cast spells).

Blood summons are the best in the game, it's the main feature of the school. Unique demons are tough and high level casters, normal demon units are better than almost every other regular unit.
>>
>>127184219
B3a2 is shed.
>>
>>127184426
>>127184219

Whoops, I mixed up Scapegoats with Summon Se'irim. Scapegoats only needs b1, so your little noncap blood mages can cast it, and you give ZERO FUCKS about their time. Compared to needing a cap mage to summon 1/turn of demon knights or fiends of darkness, it's a good deal. A great deal in fact. And the demon knights/fiends are worth summoning if you don't have a wasteland for se'ir. Well worth. Buffed knights/fiends are insanely powerful.
>>
>>127183930
>>127184451
Woops, thought you were talking about them in general.

The monkey blood summons are good if you can get them, but it takes time and effort to get a blood economy going. Dakini especially are great for the price.
>>
>>127183652
Say you put a giant against 3 humans.

The humans have 3 attacks, all of which aim for the giant. Since consecutive attacks reduce defense, the giant will have -2 defense for the second attack and -4 for the third attack. This gets even worse if the humans have more than 1 attack each.

Meanwhile the giant has something like 11 attack against a human's 10 defense. While he's going to kill for sure if he hits, it's only about a 50% chance of hitting and he only gets one chance per turn.

So the giants end up taking ages to kill the humans. During this time they take a lot more hits than their stats would indicate because of the defense reduction from multiple attacks.

>>127183669
>but i've had good success with straight up depopulation
We're in agreement then, I think that's the optimal strategy too.

I just don't think growth 3 will help to alleviate the population loss from that kind of bloodhunting. Order 3 won't help much either, but it will at least reduce the number of patrollers you need by a little.
>>
>>127184862

Neither really helps. They both mitigate it slightly. You take either/both because you want gold to buy more mages to hunt more bloods to make more demons to kill more fools so you can hunt more bloods.
>>
Dom score of 5 is safe with non forted temples right /domg/?
>>
>>127185428

Most people seem to agree that dom 6 is the minimum. Personally, I'd say that you shouldn't go below dom 7. 5 is definitely too low.
>>
>>127185428
That should be safe, though having lots of non-forted temples is a bit risky.

Consider using a bit of preaching to help keep your dominion high and not so many non-forted temples.
>>
>>127187059
the unforted temples at least serve a purpose (terrain specific recruitables which require a temple)
>>
>>127187270
That's fine then.

You better not be talking about flagellants, though
>>
>>127187531
someone already submitted Mari to domgmagame, and flagellants aren't terrain specific.
>>
File: boom.jpg (46KB, 624x467px) Image search: [Google]
boom.jpg
46KB, 624x467px
Has anybody tried alternate strategies with Abysia? Something besides evospam? They get Prison of Fire at thaum 4, which is basically earth meld, but with fire magic. It binds enemies in place and lets your guys beat them up with impunity. At thaum 5 you get Raging Hearts, a powerful unrest ritual, which has a range of 5 and costs 10 fire gems. In my experience Raging Hearts creates about 50 unrest per casting, so with 3 castings you can reliably shut down mage and troop production in an enemy fort, as well as killing that province's gold income. 30 fire gems to shut down a fort (a fort that could easily be an enemy capital, given the spell's range) is a meagre price to pay for Abysia. Hell, the range on that spell might as well be 6, because at construction 2 you can make a Staff of Flame Focus for 5 fire gems.
>>
>>127187868
Prison of fire looks nice, but it's nearly half the AoE of earth meld (3 vs 5). It's also easier to break out of (morale vs 20 compared to strength vs 22). Worst, thaum doesn't lead to many other useful fire spells, whereas alteration has a wide array of vital earth magic spells.

I've never tried Raging Hearts, but 150 unrest will only shut down an enemy province for a short time if the enemy is smart and starts patrolling away unrest. It could have some use in an extended war, but actually killing their troops and armies is a lot more valuable then preventing them from making more.
>>
>>127183968
but the humans cant hurt the giant anyway due to having way worse stats, while the giant is insta gibbing at least one human per attack.
>>
>>127188725

What about Inner Furnace (ench 5) and Heat from Hell (ench 6)? Both are easily castable with EA Abysia's Anointed of Rhuax, but I can't say how effective they really are. Ench 6 also gives you Eternal Pyre, the fire gemgen.
>>
>>127187868
With MA and LA Abysia, I focus on Ench 4 first. I spam a ton of indie archers, and they wreck face with flaming arrows, which only requires one mage for a big spike in offensive power. And my gold+prod scales means I can field a lot of indie archers. And there is great synergy with my tower shielded fire immune infantry. (also, if I do want more fire, ench 6 gives me great heat-fatigue spells)

Also, it leads into my next tactic, which is antimagic+bloodletting. Bloodletting is easy to spam with a tiny bit of construction (one blood booster+void eye/spell focus), you want construction for bloodhunting as LA abysia, and bloodletting means you can fuck up entire enemy armies that have been preparing for your fire magic instead. Then, for fire magic I spam a ton of fire jars and have anathements raid by summoning fire elementals.
>>
>>127190095
heat from hell is fucking awesome for Abysia
>>
>>127190218

How do you cast those big fire enchantments with LA Abysia's F2 mages? Phoenix Power to boost to F3, then an extra gem?
>>
>>127191109
LA Abysia gets F3 access on anathement dragons, and I'll probably swing by const 6 relatively early on for blood thorns, flaming skulls, and lanterns in any case. I mean, most cap recruitment is warlocks, but you only need 2ish fire mages to cast all the big spells you want, since you probably won't combine inner furnace and flaming arrows anyways, since you don't want to cook your archers.
>>
>>127191543

>anathement dragons

Right, I forgot about their random paths. As for Inner Furnace/Heat from Hell, when would you use them if buffed indie archers are such a big part of your strategy?
>>
>>127191893
Later on. One of the smarter things to do in dominions is to rotate strategies. Flaming arrows is a great early-midgame strategy, but by the time people start to hit research 6 a number of counters come online. It's still helpful, but not something to lean on. So you want to rotate in other strategies so they don't know what to expect. Heat from hell/impspam/innerfurnace is a great combo to switch in. (not only will imps tie enemies up to give heat from hell longer to work, but inner furnace will affect previously summoned imps).
>>
>>127192248
Also, I'm going to add an additonal note:

People who keep using their midgame strategies for longer than a single war, and don't have something new within 10 turns of deploying their last trick are asking to get their asses kicked. It's one of the biggest issues I see mediocre players struggle with.
>>
Why is blood so much better than conjuration.

There is literally no reason to go conjuration if you have access to blood because blood summons are so much better. Assuming you dont need the weird utility spells in conjuration (which should be in other schools anyway)
>>
>>127193143
>why is blood better
dunno
>no reason to go to conjuration if you have access to blood

now you're just saying stupid things. One fundamental reason is that you can't spend all the gems you're accumulating on blood summons, but you can spend them on Living Foo, Elemental Royalty, Tarts, Summon Foo Elemental, Ivy Kings (for that mass regen buff), etc, etc, etc. Blood is generally a better spell, but that doesn't mean there is no reason to go to conj, since that is a better source of mages and lets you use more resources.
>>
>>127184862
thats what armor is for, so that the puny humans can't hurt your giants. And if you stack a fire bless, you won't have any problems hitting.

Also 3x humans per square is a huge disadvantage when enemy mages are throwing those 1 AOE spells that can't hurt giants but kill humans in 1-2 hits.
>>
>>127193143
Unlike gems, which just passively accumulate once you've found some sites, you need to sacrifice mage turns and potential gold income in order to acquire blood slaves. It's a bigger investment but has a bigger return.
>>
>this fucking admin
This is why we can't have nice things.
I'm considering going AI, but I'm gonna miss having half the artifact list.
>>
>>127194331
I sent you the gems I knew you needed and some gold, since you'll probably feel AI skele dick.
invest in EQ is all I can say, and sorry.
>>
Agartha a-are you okay?
>>
>>127195684
>tfw two of your neighbors are diplomonsters
shit which one do I kill?
>>
>>127198805
the one with late game
>>
Skeleposter come back!
>>
i like how some autistic kid got mad at a guy for posting a screenshot that wasnt up to his standards and not knowing everything about the game.
>>
Do damage sustained and fatigue gained persist between a magic phase battle and an actual battle?
>>
>>127199184
I never left!
>>
>>127187868

I often spam fire elementals as abysia. It helps. A lot. As does devil raid groups. MA gets flying demonleaders.

Bloodletting + Antimagic is another tactic that helps.

Fire elementals are better though, because you can do it with anathemant salamanders. Bloodletting needs a small pile of warlocks.
>>
>>127189121

you should test this theory by joining mp as a giant nation. I'm sure you'll be proved right.

>>127190095

Heat From Hell and Firestorm are both okay, but they don't end fights very fast, and abysia lacks chaff generation. Even losing 50 humanbreds is painful, because those are 13g a pop.
>>
>>127189121
EA Ulm and EA TC devour giants as a past time, and EA Vanheim, while not humans per se, make an all you can eat buffet out of them.
>>
>>127203243

Watching jaguars consume giants like a delicious meal is fantastic. Anakites evaporating like dew in the morning under the gentle caress of Arcoscephalian acid and magma casters is the aperitif served with the wine course. Niefel giants burning like twigs under the relentless fireball hail of advancing abysian artillery is the sweet scent of your girlfriend's perfume. Fomorian infantry falling beneath the hacking axes of TNN firbolg infantry is like the after-dinner mint - odd, a bit old-fashioned, but weirdly appropriate.
>>
>LITERALLY NOT A SINGLE RACE OF POLAR BEARS

WHAT
THE
FUCK
DOMG
>>
>>127203592

LA Atlantis is the inuit nation, they have a undead bird bear fish thing. The tupilak.
>>
>>127203592
>Tfw no dog race
>Tfw no cat race
>Tfw no horse race
>Tfw no Swedish race
>>
>>127203786

Vanheim

beautiful long golden haired elvish swedes riding fay horses and being better than everyone at everything
>>
276 is not ocean type terrain, despite being sea coloured, etc.
>>
Any games need another player? Noob here.
>>
>>127204679
I think Counter Strike could use another player. Or League of Legends if you're into MOBAs.
>>
>>127204679
admin mentioned banning ermor.
>>
>>127204679
Noob to, although I played a few hours of SP
and lurked here for a month.
Here's an MP game with six more slots MA. Also you know basic MP stuff right ?

>>
>>127204830
Anything else admin mentioned?
>>
>>127204947
that you can bitch about the mods + map if you'd like.
>>
>>127193505
>thats what armor is for, so that the puny humans can't hurt your giants.
Good troops will hurt your giants through the armor, especially as they get tried from fighting in heavy armor.

Smart players put buffs on their troops and/or cast destroy armor to make it even worse for your giants.

>And if you stack a fire bless, you won't have any problems hitting.
Your cap-only sacreds might not have any issues, but the rest of your army still will.

>Also 3x humans per square is a huge disadvantage when enemy mages are throwing those 1 AOE spells that can't hurt giants but kill humans in 1-2 hits.
Giants do make better chaff, but when you want good troops rather than a big sack of HP you go elsewhere.
>>
>>127177149
Is Ermor banned in this one or n?
>>
>>127205313

Pretty sure that guy is trolling.

>>127204873
>>127204679

Maybe there should be another noobs game. Not that they are very good, best way to learn is to watch people better than you turn you into a thin slurry.

>>127204828

Underrated post.
>>
Is it common practice too sell map info MP and how does trade working (gems and items)?
>>
>>127205458
they're the same game.
>>127205585
people might pay for it if they're desperate but it's not common. gems are usually 1:1 items you'll usually overpay for (by a lot if it's a booster)
>>
>>127204873
Yeah, I know the basics. So do I just send the pretender in? Or do I need to contact the admin first?
>>
>>127205941
Just send it in .......who are you playing as btw?
>>127205880
But how do you transfer items/gems between to players I don't see any trade interface
>>
>>127206138
Send message should have an option to send gems/items. Each player sends the agreed items/gems to the other.
>>
>>127206138
>send messages
>send gems
>send items
you'll have to communicate your needs though.
>>
>>127206138
Abyssia. I'm going to lose, but oh well.
>>
>>127206361
>>127206315
Thanks for being so helpfull
>>127206419
Don't be so pessimistic look up so some guides and advice your should be fine .
I'm ulm btw.
>>
>>127206829
I'll look up some but again, I've only played Ulm and Ermor extensively and this is my first mp. I know I'm going to lose, but I'm gonna have fun with it.
>>
Does a trampler with heroic quickness trample more?
>>
It seems C'tis is really negative about Abysia after all.
>>
>>127208825
Yes, but also got tired more quick.
>>
Oh man agartha, I wasn't aware your cap circle was this close.

Well what is done is done.
>>
File: Splatterroad the trampler.png (406KB, 748x462px) Image search: [Google]
Splatterroad the trampler.png
406KB, 748x462px
>>127209091
Bueno
>>
>>127209447

Dude's gonna die. Needs two shields, reinvig, amulet of giants, armour, if you're going to actually try to trample stuff with him.
>>
I just want to hide behind over 9000 skeletons.

Can i hide behind over 9000 skeletons?
>>
>>127211848
Pls respond.

Wont buy unless i can hide behind over 9000 skeletons
>>
>>127210773
I picked up this stuff randomly, This would work if it's still early game right?
>>
File: let me tell you about ermor.jpg (457KB, 1920x1028px) Image search: [Google]
let me tell you about ermor.jpg
457KB, 1920x1028px
>>127211848
>>127212146
This is a slow general, don't be impatient.

Yes, you can hide behind many skeletons.
>>
File: ermor.jpg (381KB, 1346x722px) Image search: [Google]
ermor.jpg
381KB, 1346x722px
>>127212146
Yes, although there are plenty of spells that can blow them all up
>>
>>127212332
JESUS CHRIST HOW TERRIFYING
>>
File: awe 6.png (1MB, 1040x806px) Image search: [Google]
awe 6.png
1MB, 1040x806px
>>127212146
MA ermor gets endless skeletons

>>127212312
Forgot my picture, awe 6 total
>>
>>127212332
Then i shall grind my enemys to dust with an endless horde of skeletons.

>gotta wait to download when i get off work.
>>
>>127212431
Awe doesn't work against arrows or spells.
>>
>>127212365
Good, from their ashes only more skeletons will replace them, endless tide of white death.

>will look at the faq later, needed a new game and strategy was next on my list.
>>
File: 1451639646496.png (487KB, 800x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1451639646496.png
487KB, 800x1800px
>When you tell someone they're gonna have a bad time but they attack you anyway
>>
ded
>>
>>127216541
game
>>
Atlantis 2h file received
Shinuyama 2h file received
C'tis 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
Ashdod 2h file received
Jotunheim 2h file received
Nazca 2h file received
Pelagia 2h file received
Pythium 2h file received
Ulm Waiting for 2h file
Vanheim 2h file received
>>
File: 1451478011331.jpg (32KB, 330x226px) Image search: [Google]
1451478011331.jpg
32KB, 330x226px
>>127218121

Atlantis Waiting for 2h file
Shinuyama Waiting for 2h file
C'tis Waiting for 2h file
Ermor Waiting for 2h file
Ashdod Waiting for 2h file
Jotunheim Waiting for 2h file
Nazca Waiting for 2h file
Pelagia Waiting for 2h file
Pythium Waiting for 2h file
Ulm 2h file received
Vanheim Waiting for 2h file
>>
>>127204947
>>127204830

actual admin here. don't give a fuck if you sign up as ermor, nor have i ever made any posts even hinting to that.

feel free to bitch about mods/maps.
>>
>>127218729
Glad you woke up and did your turn Ulm.
>>
Any good mod for conquest of Elysium 4?
>>
File: Untitled.png (429KB, 653x554px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
429KB, 653x554px
How is this for an MA Caelum pretender? Can summon all national summons, given some gear that he can craft himself.
>>
>>127223243
Whoops, I just realized it needs only F2
>>
So, this game has been in my inventory since i think 2015 Spring Sale, and i have finally installed it now.

What am i in for exactly?
>>
>>127223927
Autism.
>>
>>127223243
Why magic 3 instead of luck 3? cealum doesn't really need research that bad, their labrats are super cheap.

If you can get water 4 fire 4, you can craft elemental staffs, great boosters
>>
File: Untitled.png (428KB, 646x553px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
428KB, 646x553px
>>127224085
All of Caelum's good summons are at high levels of research, and the summons themselves need high research to be utilized properly. In my opinion they're definitely a lategame nation, and Research 3 helps them reach this a little sooner.
>>
>>127219724
Are story events turned on in your game?
>>
File: Untitled.png (483KB, 650x561px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
483KB, 650x561px
>>127224085
Better? A water bracelet'll bring W to 4
>>
>>127224525
That seems good.
>>
>>127223243
I don't think aiming for all national summons is necessary at all.

Get something which can summon the F/D summons, those are the only ones you can't really get without your pretender.

Ahurani are available from a High Seraph with the +S helmet.

There are a variety of methods you can use to boost your astral magic for Yazads/Spentas.
>>
>>127193331
you can spend gems on items instead.

blood slaves are so easy to farm compared to site searching which takes forever.
>>
>>127193546
you need to spend mage turns site searching anyway, and it takes a LOT longer.
>>
>>127203854
why are vanheim and helheim so similar
>>
Well, this is a surprise, I hope half awake me sent in a decent pretender at least...
>>
>>127227142
>>127227268
Site searching uses different mages and produces different resources than bloodhunting.
>>
>>127227820
Scandinavian favoritism.

There's literally no reason why Vanheim and Helheim couldn't have been one nation other than Shillwinter wanting to have even more nations based on Scandinavian mythology.
>>
>>127204830
>using a massively outdated version of worthy heroes

why.jpg
>>
>>127205313
>Good troops will hurt your giants through the armor, especially as they get tried from fighting in heavy armor.

In most games, giants can wear much tougher armor and get tired less quickly because of their massively increased strength. Also a human sized sword doesn't do much when poking a giant the size of a mountain.

But doms doesn't have this for some reason.
>>
God damn it TC, your god couldn't have waited just one more turn could he?
>>
>>127219724
Sorry thought this: >>127149632
Was part of your post for the game for some strange reason.
>>
>>127227925
site searching is slower, that was my point
>>
When you guys imagine an astral/blood/death nation of not-elves what do you imagine for theme?

Anything in particular?
>>
File: 1445473151406.gif (203KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1445473151406.gif
203KB, 600x338px
>>127230583
Tremble before the bigass statue! Or at the very least, be mildly inconvenienced by it!

I can't actually see what's going on there though. Is it sieging the fort?
>>
>>127230704
Since you use different mages for one and the other, they're not in competition, so its a useless point. Your WSD mage doesn't care that bloodhunting is faster (over the short term) because he can't bloodhunt. But he can sitesearch, and once he finds ~3 sites he'll produce a greater passive income than the same number of bloodhunters.
>>
>>127224525
You could instead just drop F to 3 and either keep W at 3 or drop it to 2, since caelum has no native priests, and using fravashi to preach is naughty. (Flame helm +water robe +bracelet makes an f3w2 f4w4 you could also throw a flaming skull in if you only wanted F2)
>>
>>127230972
Yeah but I have no means of getting a flame helmet without getting F4
>>
>>127230953
Yes, its sieging the fort. Not really hurting much, since the indy statue will never storm the castle, and my units will never starve, but he is costing me something near 100gp per turn by reducing the income of the Province.

Not important enough to divert actual troops to deal with it though. Probably just gonna see how many Mind Hunts it takes to get to the center of a statue for funsies.
>>
>>127230886
my first thought was Aztecs, but Mictlan already does that, maybe some kind of steppe nomads? They could sort of fit that range and are criminally underused by the setting. Make it an EA/MA race to fit into them conquering TC in the LA
>>
>>127230886
A star gazing race that lets their spirit leave their body in order to explore the stars.

They want to go ever further traveling, for that use blood magic to extend their lives to the furthers, and death magic to keep at it once their body fails.

Allows astral summoning of ayys and whatnot.
>>
>>127230886
I usually think of Gath, which has Astral/Blood/Death/Earth/Fire

Sometimes I think of LA Abysia, though. They've got blood/astral/fire/death.

Of course, Bogarus is all about dat astral/blood/death.
>>
>>127230886
A nation of not-elves that have been corrupted by blood thirsty undead astral beings that raid other races for torture slaves.
>>
>>127230970
yes, but research uses the same resources, why devote RPs to conjuration when you have blood which allows you to easily spam better summons, at a much faster rate than conjuration can?
>>
>>127231954
because you get different units and use your other magical resources. If you can summon elemental royalty, for instance, you can probably get a higher level caster than what you used to summon it (assuming that you can transfer the boosters over). For blood in particular, if your nation doesn't have units that are good at leading demons, then summoning a Bane, Bane Lord, or Mound King to ferry your demons about can be very useful. There are many examples of where summoning something with gems just does stuff that summoning things with blood slaves can't do as well.
>>
File: dominions2.jpg (310KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dominions2.jpg
310KB, 1600x900px
I'm guessing this is a hero that worthy heroes added. Why don't his weapons gain bonus damge from strength?
>>
>>127234419
Lugh is a base hero and one of the main comparisons for power level that worthy heroes tries to make most heroes.
Cause they're magical nonsense, I dunno.
>>
>>127235047
how do you mod his weapons to use strength?
>>
>>127234419
Because one is a magical sling and the other is a flying spear that fights on its own
>>
>Have a mage that is N4
>can craft thistle mace to boost to N5
>Need N6 to craft the treelord staff or cast gift of health

Any ideas on how to boost it to N6? I'm playing EA tir na og.
>>
>>127236292
Moonvine Bracelet
>>
>>127236086
Well it has the #nostr tag, so that'd have to be removed. I'm not a modder so I am not sure how.

I wouldn't be surprised if you had to do something clumsy like remake/clone Lugh and give him a remade Gae Assail without #nostr, to be honest.
>>
Is the desura forum broken? I cant sign up because it claims im already registered, but at the same time i cant do a password reset (never get the email) or sign in with any of their options.
>>
>>127236292
Break into blood and make the Armour of twisting Thorns
>>
Midget's revenge says that it gives you enlargement but your max size is 1? what does that mean?
>>
>>127237851
Desura is bankrupt, so yes, it's broken
None of their email functions work for shit, and I won't be surprised if the entire site goes down relatively soon.

IIRC their sever bills are due on the 4th (?) and they have no money, so who knows what'll happen then. Maybe the entire site goes down? I dunno.
>>
>>127238018
You have to be size 1 when you initially put it on, and Enlargement makes you bigger.
Once you were tiny, now you're normal-sized! But no normal size becoming huge, etc.
>>
>>127236613
>>127237578
But tir na og has no access to astral or blood?
>>
>>127238423
What good melee commanders are size 1?
>>
>>127234419
he's not actually wielding the spear, it's flying around and attacking on it's own.
So you keep it even if you equip him with crafted gear.
>>
>>127239052
Mages slapped by gnomes.
>>
>>127239141
weird, why is that not mentioned ingame?
>>
>>127239803
did you look at the sprite? And how it's clearly not held by anything?
And how it's mentioned as being awakened?
>>
File: Dominions fan art.png (227KB, 1012x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dominions fan art.png
227KB, 1012x800px
ded
>>
>>127240054
It's not very clear, the description should have said it was a flying spear.

For all i knew the spear was just there to show it had a spear and he could switch to it in melee.
>>
>>127242301
That's really good.
>>
>>127243135
I didn't make it, some other anon posted it a while back.
>>
How do you see how many units are defending a castle?

How do you tell what units a province can recruit, without going into the recruit screen? It looks like some provinces have special native units that can be recruited, but how do you tell without conquering them first? Is there a way to tell what kind of natives a province has before attacking it?

What kind of units are best to use as a prophet?
>>
>>127244018
>How do you see how many units are defending a castle?
Send in one unit (like a scout or something) to attack.

>How do you tell what units a province can recruit, without going into the recruit screen? It looks like some provinces have special native units that can be recruited, but how do you tell without conquering them first? Is there a way to tell what kind of natives a province has before attacking it?
Usually, the type of units that are defending a neutral province before you take it are the same type of units you can recruit from that province. For example, a province guarded by lizards will almost certainly have recruitable Shamans.

>What kind of units are best to use as a prophet?
It depends. You can prophet a scout for stealth preaching, a flying unit for additional mobility (useful for capping thrones), a good commander so he can lead lots of sacreds and bless them, an undead unit so he can animate skeletons, etc. The sky is the limit.
>>
>>127244018
Usually an expensive mage (no upkeep), an H3 priest if you want H4, or a highly mobile commander (sailing, flying, etc)
>>
>>127245685
Or a undead for free skellingtons.
>>
What's the special thing with armor encumbrance for cavalry, again?
Or is there nothing and I am retarded
>>
>>127249142
Barding penalty
Useless horse armor basically
>>
Hey I thought Ermor was banned in the domgmagame game?
>>
>>127251543
Well we had one guy claim to be admin and said it was (I think), and then another claimed the same thing and said it was fine.
>>
What's the reason for Mictlan having a dying dominion/temples-dont-spread
Is it just to counter/offset their H3 priests with bloodsaccing?
>>
>>127245019
i meant, how do you see what units are defending a castle before the gates are breached?
>>
>>127245685
when is it good to go H4?

The HP bonus from being a prophet seems most useful if you have a SC, but at the same time you want a H3 prophet (if you dont have access to H3 normally) to bless sacreds (assuming you are using them).
>>
How much fatigue do you incur per melee attack? The fatigue menu doesnt say for some reason.

And is the defence penalty per attack from one squad, or per attack in one round? E.G. If 10 mooks in 4 squares attack your SC, does he get a defence penalty of -20 or -4?
>>
File: dominions.jpg (281KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
dominions.jpg
281KB, 1600x900px
Would this qualify as a SC?
>>
>>127255880

No, it would qualify as 'dies to two mages'
>>
>>127255880
Tarrasques are newbie baits.
>>
>>127252698
Their god has a prayer intolerant diet
>>
File: 1407665697243.png (712KB, 919x550px) Image search: [Google]
1407665697243.png
712KB, 919x550px
Oh hey guys, didn't see you there.
>>
>>127256032

I wish the Dom Tarrasque was as OP as the D&D one
>>
>>127255880
Looks like a really fancy Evo catcher. Use it over Vine Ogres if you want to show off your high levels of research I guess.
>>
File: 1405146971020.png (94KB, 288x326px) Image search: [Google]
1405146971020.png
94KB, 288x326px
>>
>>127252698
thematic balancing
their god tier sacreds encourage you to have a high as shit dom score and build temples everywhere so they make you have to blood sac to not get easy dominion supremacy.

plus the Aztecs are what everyone thinks of when they think of blood sacrifice anyway
>>
>>127257549
The Dom Tarrasque is as OP as the DnD one, which is trivialized by competent level 5 wizards, and with any halfway intelligent level 7 wizard. Killing it can be a bit tricky, sure, but disabling it isn't tough.

The fighter gets fucked, of course, but that's par the course.
>>
>>127258185
>which is trivialized by competent level 5 wizards

uwotm8
>>
>>127258558
Misjudged the level of the spell that summons Allips. Level 5 wizards can only casually escape from the Tarrasque (Fly). 7th level is actually needed to deal with it, unless you count items . . . which I'm not.

In DnD, if the monster doesn't have spells or spell-likes, chances are it isn't spooky, no matter what its base stats say.
>>
>>127255974
why? its got lots of hp and 20% regen.
>>
>>127259136
what edition is that? Isn't the 3rd or 4th edition Tarrasque not even killable unless you destroy its body and then wish it away?
>>
>>127259964
The edition for the example I gave is 3.5, in which a 7th level wizard can defeat it with 2 spells (Fly and Summon Allip). This leaves the Tarrasque incap'd for as long as that wizard is around, though the wizard can't actually kill it, because he needs Wish.
Best solution at that point is the Patrick Star solution of push it somewhere else, which given it weighs a little more than 1/2 lady liberty, isn't impossible, but isn't easy either.

Not sure about 4th, but the 5th edition tarrasque is pathetic. No regen, no wish needed to remove, literally dies to hordes of archers because crits don't even need to be confirmed. I am disappoint WoTC, I am disappoint. Would take the Dom Tarrasque over the shitty 5th edition one any day.
>>
File: stonehead.jpg (104KB, 313x312px) Image search: [Google]
stonehead.jpg
104KB, 313x312px
>>127259964
>Haven't played since Dom 4 came out
What does wish do apart from get you gems?
>>
>>127260763
The salty tears of Pan when you wish for the end of the world.
>>
>>127260763
Wish in D&D gives you whatever the DM says it will I'm pretty sure
>>
>>127259796

It also losses consciousness really fast and then can be critted to death by militia.
>>
>>127255880
>Dragon gas
Y-you what?
>>
>>127259796
Well, try to attack a few D2 mages with horde of skeletons and see what happens. How new can you be?
>>
>>127209354
>>127195684

i made horrible decisions my first few turns and I couldn't live with them. I legit had only 3 provinces including my starting and the throne.
>>
File: 1425579608933.jpg (108KB, 600x599px) Image search: [Google]
1425579608933.jpg
108KB, 600x599px
>>
>>127261557
The d2 mages with skeletons will work. With the items it had on it, one being a reinvigorate 3 item, the militia would get stomped though.
beating militia does not an SC make though.
>>
File: 1425591847925.png (77KB, 600x486px) Image search: [Google]
1425591847925.png
77KB, 600x486px
>>
File: 1451410722356.png (387KB, 789x900px) Image search: [Google]
1451410722356.png
387KB, 789x900px
>>127262656
I won.
>>
>>127263138
This shit is what Omlec tried to sell me, but his rates were full of shit.

Sure was tempting though.
>>
>>127256982
Wished for bodhisattva, got her extreme obesity, and then just super commandered the shit out of it?
>>
>>127261874
I uh, I'll let you keep your cap circle

it shouldn't be over yet for you it is nearly impossible to siege agartha, get some olms, they are pretty good.
>>
P-please Jotun send your turn
>>
>>127264097
I went quadbless once.

FLAtus, shame it died just when I started to pump out lots of skeletal snakes.
>>
>>127264670
I already went AI. I made poor decisions with my pretender as well im p sure.
>>
>>127265129
R'lyeh was raping you right then, anon
>>
>>127264670
Oh but thanks for the advice though, this was my first multi game so I really just wanted to see how everything worked out and how to do it. I didn't really realize how important every turn was.
>>
>>127265596
Buy R'lyeh was my friend, he even let me have the island to the north-east of his cap, even though it was closer to him.
>>
>>127265970
my scouting wasn't perfect, but i saw him invading your desert
>>
>>127266201
Nope, he got a bit of the dessert that was adjacent to his cap, but there was never war.
>>
Nub from >>127223927 here. Just finished my first game, which was a 4-way with normal bots as Ur with some random pretender. Pretty gud, but i have a bunch of questions.

Is there a simpler way to micromanage priests? I am talking about things like summoning shit, forging shit, and then equipping forged shit and gems.

Also, gems - whats the best sink for these? At later stages i felt like i was swimming in them, and forging/summoning shit non-stop with a bunch of priests felt tedious, while transmuting them all into earth and then into gold felt inefficient as hell.

Summoned creatures - whats the best way to lead them? Dont know about other races, but Ur seems to lack a decent commander that can lead summons, besides the expensive "king" one.

Leading in general - how do i make my units not flee? Okay, i have my bannermen giving a +1 morale, but the armies led by regular commanders still have a tendency to run away instead of getting slaughtered as intended. Are there any other eaxily obtainable sources of +morale?

Sieging - i use large armies to siege, and as result they start suffering due to supply problems. I do not yet have access to that forgeable thing that gives supply. What do? Just ignore the bad effects and keep sieging?

Also, it seems like i have missed the start of a new multiplayer game, any other games starting soon? I wanna try playing is against humans.
>>
DO YOUR TURNS. Seriously, it's the first turn, like 10 seconds to do it.
>>
>>127266878
>Is there a simpler way to micromanage priests?
There are hotkeys for autocasting rituals and forging items.

>Also, gems - whats the best sink for these?
It depends, but items, battlefield spells, good global spells and summons are all good uses for them. Generally you never transmute gems into gold or turn them into other gem types unless you really need to or are drowning in them.

>Summoned creatures - whats the best way to lead them?
Mages for magic creatures and undead, normal commanders with high leadership for everything else.

>Leading in general - how do i make my units not flee?
There are a few items that give inspirational bonuses to commanders who hold them. Putting less than 5 or less in a squad is also a bad idea because of how the morale calculations work, but that's probably not your problem.

>Sieging
Yes, sieging can be tricky. There are a few ways to do it more effectively, like summoning units that are good at sieging (flying units, those with siege bonuses as a trait, units with high strength). Also, try and forge some supply giving items, starving troops get a big morale penalty and also can get diseased, although if you're only using a few supplies more than the province can prove you can probably ignore it.

Before you play against humans, find a nation that you like and figure out how to expand with them, what pretender design they need, what their research goals are and how to use their mages effectively.
>>
>>127266878
There is no simpler way to micromanage mages (I know they're also priests for Ur, but there are priests which are not mages), you can group them and/or set them to repeatedly cast a ritual/forge an item with M/O.

The latter questions are all solve the next one, use gems to summon commanders that can ead summoned troops, items can give +inspiration (wich give moral to led troops)/supply/siege bonus, also summoned birds are great at sieged due to the bonus from flying.

Also, if you haven't, use http://larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector it's great for searching through spells and items.

New games start regularly.
>>
>>127267678
Shinu here, my lady is sick and my truck is fucked, I've been busy all day, and can do it 'soon'
>>
>>127228182

Scandinavia has more exploitable, more numerous, and more interesting mythology than most places. You might as well say that TNN and Fomoria should be the same nation, since they're both based on british celtic myth.
>>
>>127268320
That blows man. I work nights so I just woke up like an hour and a half ago. I'm sure I'll be on the receiving end of "hurry the fuck up" eventually.
>>
>>127268678
Yeah that diverse and numerous mythos, where they share like 60% of the same units.
>>
File: 1438970685682.jpg (76KB, 519x600px) Image search: [Google]
1438970685682.jpg
76KB, 519x600px
>>127268678
>Scandinavia has more exploitable, more numerous, and more interesting mythology than most places.
>>
>>127258185

The game is pretty explicit that the GM is supposed to patch continuity holes like one bindable monster defeating the tarrasque. Also the allip/drowning methods to kill the tarrasque don't take into account the land speed. It outruns an allip extremely easily. The Tarrasque is also a 'stop it destroying the city' monster, not a 'fight it inside an impermeable cube/barren plain' monster.

Also, level 5 is when you can easily summon it with items, in core. 3 without items, noncore. 1 I think, with items, noncore.

The whole thing was originally a thought experiment on how dumb dnd is if the dungeon master doesn't actively make the world more realistic in response to shitty mechanical interactions or whatever. Not 'shut down player loopholes', make everything more realistic, from the business rules to how magic works to rewarding heroic play and devaluing loophole focused logistic play, etc.
>>
>>127268678
>Scandinavia has more exploitable, more numerous, and more interesting mythology than most places.
You're retarded. Just because you're don't know anything about most of the major mythologies in the world doesn't mean the one you are vaguely familiar with is automatically better.

>You might as well say that TNN and Fomoria should be the same nation, since they're both based on british celtic myth.
Scandinavia has Niefelheim, Vanheim and Helheim. Nobody will complain about TNN and Fomoria for the same reason nobody will complain about Vanheim and Niefelheim. They're different enough to justify having two different nations dedicated to the same thing. But Helheim is just a worse version of Vanheim, with a huge overlap in themes, strategies and units. Having both Vanheim and Helheim in the game is completely redundant and there's literally no way to justify it besides "Illwinter is from Sweden so they like Swedish stories."
>>
File: 1437683771856.png (33KB, 219x264px) Image search: [Google]
1437683771856.png
33KB, 219x264px
>Find a mine of superior iron in a province whilst playing as ulm
The game knows.
>>
>>127269756
Greece has 4 nations in EA, so how do you justify that?
>>
Join and feel the wrath of C'tis
http://steamcommunity.com/app/259060/discussions/1/458604254
>>
>>127270245
They're not carbon copies of one another.

Can you even read?
>>
File: 1427722357082.png (3KB, 292x346px) Image search: [Google]
1427722357082.png
3KB, 292x346px
>>127270318
>mfw I've never joined a game outside of /v/anheim or /domg/
Maybe I should have a go and see what it's like, one day.
>>
>>127261258
wouldnt the poison AOE work against anything that isnt poison immune?
>>
>>127270479
Goats and Wetgoats are carbon copies only ones underwater.

That's pretty comparable to what being Bloody and one being deathy with some fliers mixed in.
>>
>>127270654
Don't think its much different except less memes and knowing a players steam name
>>
>>127269756

Except for the whole 'two different kinds of elves, eternally at war' thing. By this argument, Nazca and MA Caelum should be the same nation.

Also, you're ignorant. Scandinavia has, by volume, more mythological stories than any place in europe other than greece. Those myths are also accessible, studied, and have traction in the zeitgeist of western consciousness. This is a western game, written in english - if you want there to be as many japanese myths in the game as western myths, write it in japanese, and release it in japan.

There' 'literally' multiple reasons there are 3 scandinavian myth nations in EA, all of which make perfect logical business/game development/storywriting sense, none of which have bias. They're not even overpowered - Vanheim is fun to play, which is why good players tend to play it more often, but it's countered by any number of things - the true EA powerhouses are Lanka and Fomoria.
>>
>>127270881

He said /v/anheim. That's the steam group. If you mean joining games on steam, don't, it's noob city.

The only two largish communities are desura and dom4mods.

>>127270654

The meta is hugely different. Coming from other communities to /domg/, there's a lot of differences. Domg likes big doomstacks, knows more about the game but less about how to apply it outside ideal circumstances, is a mixture of high-diplo and low-diplo players so gangbangs are common, is more about managing noobs and AIs than about fighting other skilled players, as usually by the time you get around to that there's a concrete advantage.

It's weird. Worse in some ways. The pace is faster, though.
>>
>>127270245
Wait who are the 4?
Arco, Pan, Therodos, and atlantis?
>>
>>127271294

Arco, Pan, Therodos, Oceania.

In MA there's Asphodel, Pan, Oceania, and Arco.

In LA just Pan and Arco.
>>
>>127271294
Oceania.
Atlantis is the deep ones.
Oceania is wet goats
>>
>>127271294
Oceania is basically underwater Pan.
>>
>>127270989
>Except for the whole 'two different kinds of elves, eternally at war' thing.
Lanka and Kailasa are also two opposing nations of the same race, but they play nothing alike.

>By this argument, Nazca and MA Caelum should be the same nation.
Have you ever played Nazca? Or even looked at their lineup once? Just because they also have birds doesn't mean the two nations are anything alike.

>Scandinavia has, by volume, more mythological stories than any place in europe other than greece.
And yet, by variety, Illwinter has only managed to make two unique nations out of it. Then why not just keep it at those two? Why force another nation in the game when they obviously can't be arsed to differentiate them?

>There' 'literally' multiple reasons there are 3 scandinavian myth nations in EA
Multiple bullshit reasons, maybe. Nothing you have mentioned is an excuse for having Vanheim and Helheim be almost the same nation. Even if you wanted to have more Scandinavian nations, there's tons of material they could have used instead of "uhh, they're Vanheim except with a bit of death." You could do a Dwarven nation based on the Svartalfar instead of just having one unit of them. You could have fire giants to counter the ice giants. You could have -actual- elves based on the Ljosalfar. And so fucking forth.

You can make up bogus excuses all you want, but there simply is no good reason to have both Vanheim and Helheim. The fact that they are so much the same only makes it more blatant and less excusable.
>>
>Sitting in the steamchat of broken dreams
That went about as well as any other five person alliance has done, aka badly
>>
>>127272475
Not as bullshit as your whining.
Get a beer, relax and cut the bitching.
>>
>>127273003
no u
>>
>>127273003
I'm not bitching, I'm just pointing out your arguments don't make sense.

>get BTFO
>y-you're just whining!
>>
>>127270989
>Fomoria
>overpowered

How?
>>
>>127273197
>thinking someone has been btfo because they don't feel like continuing an argument with an autist
Is science in closer to a cure for Autism? Or are we just going to have to wait for genetic engineering of fetuses?
>>
>>127253492
>How much fatigue do you incur per melee attack? The fatigue menu doesnt say for some reason.
Your encumbrance.

>And is the defence penalty per attack from one squad, or per attack in one round? E.G. If 10 mooks in 4 squares attack your SC, does he get a defence penalty of -20 or -4?
Per attack in one round, -20.
>>
File: meh.jpg (87KB, 684x468px) Image search: [Google]
meh.jpg
87KB, 684x468px
I'm not proud of my name.
>>
>>127273197

I'm the guy, you're replying to, not him.

So your argument is that kristoffer osterman wasn't going for the whole 'brothers at knife's edge' theme with helheim and vanheim and their eternal war and their similarities aren't there to accentuate their differences and show the whole civil war aspect but rather laziness. This is vastly different to your earlier argument that it was scandinavian bias and had run out of other scandinavian mythology to make nations out of.

So, goalposts, shifted. But basically now your argument hinges on it being laziness rather than civil war portrayal, and this is a guy who has designed a breadth of nations found in zero other games. Which I find unlikely. He's portraying a long running elvish civil war between the elves who served the god of the underworld and those who live in the sunlit lands. It's an old trope not unique to (but part of) scandinavian literature. That's the obvious design goal, and the fluff reflects that. That you're too butthurt over the mechanical similarities to realize this doesn't surprise me, and while the nation could use a redesign mechanically, it almost makes me want to say to leave it just how it is, purely so you'll stay mad over trivial shit that is nothing compared to how interesting the fluff is.
>>
>>127274249

They have one of the top win rates in EA, due to excellent paths on giant chassis that can take a lot of punishment in deploying them. They also sail, have cheap sacreds for what you get, and have cheap researchers and tstrikers. People also underestimate them, because if you try to play them as a standard troops + tstrikes nation they kinda suck.
>>
>>127275168

why didn't you just name yourself goblingoblingoblingoblingoblingoblingobl

or Bakemono Blitz

or - Rejakor
>>
>>127275168
I feel like I've seen "Can't see the Forest" elsewhere
>>
>>127275916

I may have signed up as Jotunheim in two different games with the same pretender
>>
>>127275814
it was late, and I was in a hurry to think of a name, so I just used the FDA list thing.
looking back on it now I wish I had made an Odd Future reference.
>>
>>127275916
>>127276062
It's in NearYearNails as well
>>
File: TrecherousBirds.png (125KB, 1017x170px) Image search: [Google]
TrecherousBirds.png
125KB, 1017x170px
Never trust burds!

My army was not bearing down on you, I had simply moved half of it out of a swamp because of supply problems. Don't you think I would have sent my whole army if I was planning on attacking you, instead of splitting it between two neighboring provinces?

And to think that I was planning to use indie water mages to expand underwater, and to learn to peacefully coexist with you.

Take note, TC and Yomi! You will share the world with this beast if you let his unwarranted aggression go unpunished! And that's if they can survive attacking us unscathed, which is highly doubtful.

I'm glad I didn't take the advice given in thread to take a booster-forging, late-game global-caster god
>>
>>127279286
Late game forger on Sauro is much better when there's a real amount of people in the game. With 5 people though . . . eh, probably not worth.
>>
File: Trigger warning SPOOKY.png (3MB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
Trigger warning SPOOKY.png
3MB, 1680x1050px
Well, BoT is down, I guess my evil twin's empire of undead shall no longer randomly kill people.

Also, the fate of the Pretender, if anyone wanted to know.
>>
>>127280335
You just made a lot of really old dudes really happy.
>>
Abysia - those skeletons invading Ermor are from a random event. They'll be moving on, so feel free to go for the fort if you were going to do that.
>>
>>127282589
Err, wrong game.

Anyways, I also wanted to say that I can sell Shademail Haubergeon for those that may need them.
>>
Quick noob question: was playing the friendly ape people. Unfortunately, 2 thrones were out of my reach: one on a island isolated by 2 kinda small rivers (in a hot province, so no ice) and the other one underwater.

I do not have lvl 3 priests, and my pretender can't breath under water.
I assume the only solution would be to have some item to breath underwater, but i have no idea how to get that.
Is there any other solution?

Also, how can i estimate how many troops i need to take a castle? Had the antlantean sieged and breached the gates, but my troops were repelled.
>>
>>127282069
Apparently the giants weren't too happy, immediately attacked me.
>>
>>127283689
Where's your prophet? He can capture thrones.
Bandar Log also has some H3 astral summons that can do the job, like the Siddha. Your astral summons also break you into air magic, which can forge some water breathing items.
How much stuff you need to take to capture a castle depends entirely on what the opponent has, but assume that you need to be as overwhelming as possible, since castles are pretty nasty chokepoints if your units can't get over the walls easily.
>>
>>127283689
>I assume the only solution would be to have some item to breath underwater, but i have no idea how to get that.
Ring of water breathing. W1, construction 2.

There are others, but that's the easiest.

>Is there any other solution?
You can summon an aquatic H3 priest underwater (which requires you to get underwater somehow anyway, but not necessarily with your pretender).

If your pretender has A2 or S3 they can teleport to the land throne. You can also give them Winged Shoes, which will let them fly over rivers.

>Also, how can i estimate how many troops i need to take a castle? Had the antlantean sieged and breached the gates, but my troops were repelled.
No easy way, it depends on too many things.
>>
File: Direfourtents.png (39KB, 564x92px) Image search: [Google]
Direfourtents.png
39KB, 564x92px
>>127284213
And he has Universal Healthcare too. Unfortunately, my only neighbors are BL, TC and Mictlan, and I'm diplomatically committed with all three. Good luck stopping Ashod.
>>
>>127284272
My prophet was an ape as well, so non-aquatic.

>>127284463
>Ring of water breathing. W1, construction 2.
So to forge it, i would have to have a mage that has the needed points in those magic paths, or are there other prerequisites?

Thanks for your help!
>>
File: 2016-01-02_00001.jpg (494KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_00001.jpg
494KB, 2048x1152px
Hows this for a pretender?
>>
>>127284798
No other prerequisites, just a mage with W1 and lesser artifact construction researched.

It's a misc item, so it'll be found in the last tab.
>>
>>127284798
To forge an item all you need is a mage with the magic levels needed, a lab, and the gem cost of that item.

>>127284830
Drop luck 3 and get O3 or G3 and it's okay for a dualbless. Maybe a point or two of sloth.
Not really sure that Vanheim really needs more than W9 to have their sacreds be killing machines, but you could probably rush someone fairly easily.
>>
>>127284830
I don't know Vanheim at all, but I would take Order 3 Misfortune 1 and another positive scale. Though Luck 3 is awesome, as your only positive scale I don't think it's consistent enough. Also, can you recruit 8 sacred without production? (Again, IDK Vanheim). If not, I would drop a few points of dom for scales.
>>
>>127284778
Aren't you eating two of them?

It's fine, I mean, it's not like I made a bee-line for Ermor's cap to stop BoT and that there's still hundreds upon thousands of Ermorian undead arround the place.
>>
>>127284830
Son of Fenrir gets that 20 points cheaper and not immobile.

I don't like W9N9 as a bless, I think W9E9 would work much better for both Vanhere and for their mages/thugs.

>>127285103
>>127285192
T3L3 is a net 0 points.

You're both suggesting changes which cost 80-120 points. Where are they coming from?
>>
>>127285103
>>127285056
Alright, thanks folks!
>>
>>127285543
Woops, I saw the L3 and didn't think about where the points were coming from.
I would probably follow this guy's suggestion >>127285192 and drop a dominion point or two, some sloth and get order instead. Or drop the N9, since it isn't really needed.
>>
>>127285540
Currently I'm helping TC defeat Man in exchange for fealty, and BL is rallying the last of his troops for a last stand, but will soon be vanquished. Is Ashod attacking Mictlan? Part of our peace deal involved him retaking some lands I had captured, but he hasn't gotten around to it.
>>
>>127274725
So buffing defence on SCs is pointless then?

Does the charcoal shield give permanent fire shield or does it only have the fire shield effect IF the attack hits the shield? It seems much worse than vine shield if its the latter.

>send a SC to participate in the arena
>it gets the shitty champion trident
>cant remove it
>way worse than a brand in every way

What the fuck is this thing for.

What's the best way to use a stealthy SC? Yea you can use it to raid, but that does nothing except annoy someone since you can't defend the newly taken provinces anyway.
>>
>>127286395
Probably? My scouting is somewhere south of NOPE.
>>
>>127286665

Defense is more of a thug thing but should be respectable. SCs are about layered defenses.

Fire shield only hits those who hit it.

Arenas are just something to do for fun.

Use stealthy SCs to take out armies.
>>
>>127284830
either go dom 9 for awe on a awake SC pretender or go dom 6 o 7 on everything else. The difference between dom 8 and 7 is too little for the cost.

IIRC vanheim would do better with E9 because they don't have any nature mages. W9/E9 doesn't synergize very well for crafting though, except for the staff of elemental mastery.

Off the top of my head, turmoil 3/luck 3 is pretty bad for most nations unless it's something like yomi.
>>
>>127287184
Ah, I didn't realize your global got over-casted.
>>
>>127287351
why is defense more of a thug thing? what kind of layered defenses are we talking about? i was using SCs with fear, awe, decent protection, vine shields, temper flesh + ironskin + fire shield, and chaff was still racking up wounds on them.

By fire sheild, do you mean the charcoal shield?

Some of the arena items are really good though, the trident is just shitty. They all give quickness, which is a great buff, but kind of redundant when you have multiple champion items.

Arent all SCs used to take out armies anyway?
>>
>>127287397
turmoil 3 luck 3 means I get lots of positive events though.

I went N9 because the tree starts at N3, that's a lot of free points. Also +8 health is a lot considering neither vanheres or the commanders have more than 20. 8 health is a big percentage boost.

>>127286001
Order's pointless, Vanheim's resource capped, not gold capped.
>>
>>127287972
you need a regen item to help prevent afflictions.
>>
>>127288097
yea they had the ring of regeneration. they still got afflictions and almost nobody in the game can cure afflictions.

its like nobody studies medicine or something.
>>
>>127287663
If I'm not mistaken it was overwritten by my other global, which is shit luck given all the rest were Ashdod.
>>
>>127286665
>So buffing defence on SCs is pointless then?
It's a bad way to defend yourself against normal troops, but it does have some use.

The main use of defense on SCs is to stop some dude with an eyegouger/axe of hatred/flesh eater from coming along and wrecking your expensive SC with an affliction.

>Yea you can use it to raid, but that does nothing except annoy someone since you can't defend the newly taken provinces anyway.
It forces the enemy to send troops to retake that province. If they don't send a proper army, use your stealthy SC to kill it and go back to taking provinces. If they did send a proper army, you had them wasting the time of a bunch of mages/troops for at least a few turns.

>>127287397
>The difference between dom 8 and 7 is too little for the cost.
It's an extra Vanhere per turn for 28 points.

>W9/E9 doesn't synergize very well for crafting though, except for the staff of elemental mastery.
That's F/W and A/E.

>>127287974
>Vanheim's resource capped, not gold capped.
No they aren't. Your non-cap mages are 285 gold each and your troops cost around 3 times as much as normal.
>>
>>127288890
But you lose your well equipped SC just to distract him. That doesn't sound like a good trade off.
>>
>>127288890
They've been resource capped every time I've played them. You guys really underestimate how much money turmoil 3 luck 3 can bring in.

>he actually trains vans mages
nigga just get some indies. And shit out quills.
>>
>>127195082
Don't worry, I'm already investing the hell out of EQ.
>>
>>127289034
Only attack his forces he doesn't have anything that can kill you there.

You should have a good scouting network and leave 1 PD in provinces you take so you can see what he's recapturing them with.

>>127289054
>They've been resource capped every time I've played them. You guys really underestimate how much money turmoil 3 luck 3 can bring in.
Then you're playing them wrong. Build more forts and get more mages if you're not using your gold.

>nigga just get some indies. And shit out quills.
Indies are useless in combat and can't blood hunt.
>>
>>127290326
>Indies are useless in combat and can't blood hunt.
Yeah, which is why I use them as lab rats.
>>
>>127290709
But your combat mages still cost about twice as much as other nations'.
>>
>>127289054

The fuck is wrong with you. Turmoil/luck is not RELIABLE gold, which is what you need as vanheim - you need to build your expensive ass mages and expensive-ass sacreds every single fucking turn.

>wasting air gems on quills as a nation incredibly hungry to use them in war

Right, you're a singleplayer hero. Why the fuck are you giving advice on vanheim when you have never played MP, you fucking useless fuck.
>>
>>127291157
w-what do I use the air gems on for in war

I'm not that guy, just some other turboscrubnewb.

Storm boosting, cloud trapezing, fog warriors?
>>
>>127187729
>someone already submitted Mari to domgmagame, and flagellants aren't terrain specific.
You can find flags in some provinces.
>>
>>127290326
Okay lets say your SC takes a province while raiding. He immediately goes to another province right? Then your opponent just sends a few trash units to take that province back. All you are doing is annoying him and wasting a well equipped SC to temporarily take one of his provinces each turn.
>>
>>127287397
Dom 8 is nice for a sacred-dependent nation.

>>127287397
>doesn't get n mages
All EA nations get n mages. They're called shaman, and they'll do for sitesearching (and forging with a thistle mace).

E9 is also simply a shittier bless than N9 in dom4.
>>
>>127292814
You double-back and kill off the trash he sent. Force him to actually commit.
>>
>>127294994
And that same turn he sends a small group of trash units to delay your SC. He's spendig a minimal amount of gold to keep your expensive SC occupied.
>>
>>127292814
There are a few things you should be doing.

First, avoid taking provinces next to significant concentrations of enemy forces. That means he needs to move troops from a distance or recruit new troops to take back your provinces. If he's leaving a decent army in each fort just to counter-raid, you've already done a massive amount with your stealthy SC.

Second, If he's just sending something like 10 useless units to take back a province, increasing PD can be enough to kill that force quite cheaply (15 PD is 120g, usually gets you at least 30 units). This leaves the province under your control for longer and forces him to send even more troops out to take it. Don't do this all the time or you'll waste gold, just surprise him with it from time to time.

If he's sending moderately sized forces which can't kill your SC but will easily deal with PD, use your SC to kill a bunch of troops.

If he's sending large armies with specialized anti-SC support, just go elsewhere and make him chase you (or teleport in a different SC which he doesn't have a counter to, bait and switch is fun)

A lot of this relies on predicting what your enemy is going to do, so sooner or later you'll lose your SC. That's ok, no SC lives forever and that's why you don't make them too expensive. Summon another and continue being a massive nuisance.

Scouting will help a lot with predicting your enemy, and the further he has to move to retake his provinces the more useful scouting is.
>>
>>127287397
Turmoil Luck is fun on nations with efficient national summons and I especially like doing it on nations like Jomon or EA TC where you have good ways of using every gem that you get your mitts on.
>>
i have some kimchi that was opened in my fridge, its like a year old yo. is it still good, was gonna put it in some ramen. No mold or anything just a bit fizzy.

also whats a good and fun race thats present or has similarly played equivalents in all 3 ages.
>>
>>127295978
There aren't any nations that really play the same across the eras, honestly, with the exception of Arco's mage lines, and even then the different supporting cast across the ages makes their battlemagic look different and you tend to employ different expansion parties too.

My favorite nation is Berytos, and while it doesn't have an MA equivalent, LA Gath actually plays somewhat similarly in my experience.
>>
>>127296261
Ulm doesn't change much either. They do the same stuff in all eras, it's just that stuff gets better.
>>
>>127295978
Caelum and Agartha are fun and roughly equal in all three eras
>>
>>127296436
This is very, very untrue.
>>
>>127296460
>>127296436

... shut up. Just, ugh. Shut up.
>Agartha
Switches from elemental powerhouse to sacred-focused, and then to a necromancy/crossbow nation
>Caelum
Thunderstrikes/Thundertrikes/suddenly skelspam+earth magic
>ulm
recruit-everywhere stealthy troops, earth/nature magic for a raiding nation becomes
earth-only magic, forging, heaviest infantry nation
becomes
blood nation with stealthy spammable astral recruits
>>
>>127296807
will you stop saying ugh, i recognize you as that poster from earlier that sperged out on a guy for posting a screenshot. you sound like one of those "UGH JUST STOP" tumblr kids.

im not anybody you are replying to.
>>
>>127296807
>fun race that's present or has similarly played equivalents
what part of that word vomit you just wrote means that any of those three aren't fun or present in every era?
>>
>>127296954
>stop using this phrase, you must be the same person
UGH UGH UGH Fuck off. It's a common phrase. I don't even know what screenshot you're talking about, so no, you don't recognize shit. Also, it predates tumblr.
>>
>>127297062
>they do the same stuff
>they stay roughly equal
not the guy you're replying to, but the guys he's replying to are either wrong or giving a misleading answer
>>
>>127297165
calm down retard. no shit it predates tumblr.
>>
>>127297062
They're not similarly played, and the people I was replying to present them as being similarly played. All LA and MA caelum have in common is that they fly and the name, and that's still more in common than Ulm has age-to-age
>>
>>127297240
in the same way that narwhal, bacon, and spork predate reddit.

also congrats theres two tumblristas in the thread.
>>
>>127297364
>talking about bacon must be a reddit reference.
>using ugh must be a tumblr reference
While both have cult status on those sites, they're incredibly fucking common outside of those sites too. I used both in a sentence today when complaining about my bacon sandwich being soggy.
>>
>>127297364
Pretty sure that literally every undertale shit slid their way here from a tumblr leak.
>>
File: lemme.gif (1MB, 779x821px) Image search: [Google]
lemme.gif
1MB, 779x821px
Are you ready for FUN?
>>
>>127297287
LA/MA caelum have plenty in common, both have iceprot infantry with magic weapons, both rely mainly on air magic, LA has more tricks than just "MORE THUNDER" but they are still going to rely heavily on Tstrike, they both have mages that produce resources, and they both have absolutely useless sacreds.
oh plus they both desperately want their summons, but only LA can summon any natively.
I can list more that they have in common if you'd like.
>>
>>127297569
oh what? that post wasn't mine. it just happened to use the same language and be complaining about the same sort of thing.
>>
>>127297580
>>127297648
Case in point.
>>
File: da640a5201b2c9959a95d9a5dfee8fc6.png (245KB, 800x1124px) Image search: [Google]
da640a5201b2c9959a95d9a5dfee8fc6.png
245KB, 800x1124px
>>127297712
>Getting THIS upset you're losing a 5v1 war
>>
>>127297823
i'm not in any games with you and i don't think he is either. i too dislike your undertale meme garbage.
>>
>>127297897
This. I don't even know the context, I just found it hilarious that literally as soon as I mentioned the undertale wank that's somehow managed to seep into the threads, you show up unironically posting it.
>>
there's nothing wrong with tumblr XD
>>
So, I'm NOT arguing that an E9 bless is better for MA Agartha than an N9 bless. But I'm just curious if people think about which is better:
>N9, with Dom 6
or
>E9, with Dom 7, and +3 scales over the N9 bless
>>
>>127272814
Dude, the alliance itself was conceived by a land dweller
>>
>>127298496
there's nothing wrong with going E9 on MAgartha, it's cheap and functional.
it's also good on your mages, and decentish on your statues (the +5 prot actually stacks properly on them but I'm not really sure how much better 27 is over 22 prot)
>>
>>127298496
I've run N9 imprisoned and an E9 snake as Agartha, so there was already the big difference in awake expander vs pure scales which really threw off the test, but the awake build naturally did way better early since I had more stuff but the N9 opened up marble oracle SCs which can't regenerate without the bless. I really liked having those.
>>
File: 1450852689211.gif (2MB, 300x264px) Image search: [Google]
1450852689211.gif
2MB, 300x264px
]>>127298153
Please don't
>>
>>127298917
That's about the most obvious troll you'll ever find mate. There's absolutely no point in responding to it.
>>
>>127298496
N9. Some people here really overvalue scales. The most you can hope for is a 5% increase in gold, and its usually significantly less. If you already have O3G3, are those 3 magic scales really going to be worth more than a nice bless? That's like having maybe 6 forts making mages instead of 5, and in exchange your sacreds are like 1/2 as good.

>>127297663
>LA Caelum relies mainly on air magic ... ice prot with magic weapons
LA Caelum should rarely recruit the icelance nerds. The fact that they both have them in their line up does not mean they play the same, because Ravens Guard are much, much better, so LA Caelum will almost never recruit ice lances (unless fighting lemuria). Comparing available units is useless unless you're comparing the units a nation actually uses.

>air magic
LA Caelum is going to be shit if you treat air as your main path. Only 1/5 of any of your mages can thunderstrike, and that only with storm. You'll get an average of 1.2 stormcasters per year if you devote your capital to nothing else. This is not enough to base a strategy around. You should be using your earth magic instead.

MA Caelum gets thunderstrikers AND stormcasters in EVERY FORT IN THE GAME. This is more comparable to Cold Ragha than it is to LA Caelum.
>>
Indeed, why don't we have more of a real skeleton in here.

It also seems like 'exactly where I need to be' means underwater. Hmmmmmmm.
>>
>>127297823
You do realize that one of the main reasons for the coalition against you is your incessant memeshitting, right?
>>
>>127299265
The scale difference actually came out to 9% gold difference, from O2, P0, H3, G3, L3, M1. increase the Order by 1 and Prod by 2.

Of note: This was an idea being tossed around for a pretender for a disciple game, with Abysia being one of the disciples.
>>
>>127299426
it's funny this got me thinking "man if someone avatar posted as skeletor that would be great actually, how come no one ever avatar posts as anything fun". but then i realized anyone who avatar posts likes to eat garbage frequently.
>>
>>127299768
Also because avatar fagging is against global rules.
>>
>>127299426
Your skeleton sucks!
>>
>>127299903
>Muh rules

>>>/reddit/
>>
>waiting on Arc
>>
>>127300594
When you spend more time on 4chan, you'll discover that not only are the rules sporadically enforced, but if you get banned for avatarfagging then you'll get mocked if you post your ban screenshot.
>>
File: Pan vs mercs.png (425KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Pan vs mercs.png
425KB, 800x600px
I didn't expect the mercs to actually hold out.
Fuck, I'd still have a good portion if the rollback hadn't stopped me from paying them.
>>
>>127302863
>harpies
>>
>>127302863
This is castledoc agartha posting by the way
>>
>>127303001
I don't even know what the harpies were supposed to do, most of them just sat behind the commanders and did absolutely nothing.
>>
File: 1414177053988.jpg (26KB, 300x260px) Image search: [Google]
1414177053988.jpg
26KB, 300x260px
>>127302863
>turmoil pan
>>
>>127302863
4 mages with a bunch of ethereal troops that tear weak shit to pieces is pretty good. Also Pan kind of sucks at usong his mages properly.
I'm surprised at how much survived though.
>>
>>127302863

>wind master
>hydromancer
>earth... uh.. spectral mage?
>pyr... inquisitor...

>water elemental

alright here we go

>sylphs

shit's getting good

>pikeneers

uh

>Ghosts

nooooooooooooo

look you had one job, ONE JOB, and you fucked it up. dom4 Planeteers were there for you and you failed.

Also, pan, 400 maenads is never a good choice. Ever. You bring like, 50 maenads. To die screaming, while you do something actually worthwhile.
>>
>>127291890

I use'em for air elementals, hand them out to tstrikers for more tstrikes, mass cloud trapeze so all my shit is where I want it when I want it to shit on someone, and obviously to enable storm, fog warriors, mass flight, and other buffs you should be putting up everybattle(tm). Also air hats, for more fog warriors casters, storm staffs if I expect defensive flyers, blah and bloop and so forth. Phantasmal Attack, Phantasmal Army.

But in the stage of that game that earlier shitter was talking about, when you're strapped for research, all your gems should be pretty much handed out to tstrikers so they can smash the enemy who has researched and deployed a vanhere counter. This won't happen in noob games, but in pretty much all other games, someone will show up with shit that ruins a vanhere's day, and you will show up with tstrike, and ruin his day instead. Then your mages go back to the lab, mostly, and a few carry the torch into his capital and set the capital on fire with said torch, ruining his last stand with fewer, but still numerous, tstrikes. This should give you a minimum of one conquered nation by midgame, ideally 2 (1 with vanhere, 1 with tstrike). Then vanhere go to mostly raiding duties until you have mass flight, at which point they go back on point.

Handing out air gems to 20 tstrikers for possibly multiple battles so instead of storm power-> tstrikex2 they go storm power-> tstrike x3 or x4 (in extremity you hand out more gems), or in emergency they can tstrike at all (no storm, no stormpower, but have tstrike, an extra gem per cast will let vanjarls shoot it twice before sleepytimes), will annihilate your gem supplies. Using gems for call of the winds/great eagles so you can actually siege down forts (or wall shakers if you're so inclined) in a reasonable timeframe etc will also consume your earlygame gems. Spending them on quills is a waste. Especially since it lowers your war potential instead of raising it.
>>
Why are MA abyssia humanbred units so bad. They are too expensive for what they do and seem to just get in the way. Or am I just using them wrong?
>>
>>127306229

They're fire resistant speed bumps. They're there to give your anathemants time to kill things with fireballs/heat from hell/firestorm. Yes, they cost too much for what they are, but you're Abysia - all your stuff costs too much, and it's why abysia rarely wins games (or even survives to midgame).
>>
>>127260539
A tarrasque shouldn't really be some sort of god-beast anyway, though.
>>
>>127263138
>quadbless ermor
eh
>>
>>127307286
A dude on Dom3Mods was winning with it, but he's a good player in general.
>>
>>127307286
>>127307494

Are you guys seriously trying to say quadbless Ermor isn't OP as fuck? You can do all the theorycrafting you want, but I've personally won and seen many other wins happen with only a tribless Ermor.

You can't touch Ermor going with that strategy in early and mid game and by late game he'll have expanded so much that you can't touch him then either.
>>
>>127307494
Yeah, it's not terrible or anything. But you want magic and domstrength to get freespawn, and gold to get the temples and castles required for the actually good freespawn. Without those, you need to be an incredibly top-tier player to mitigate a lack of quality units, and one extra bless doesn't really make up for it until you're able to transition to free-summoned lictors.

And it you're not relying on knights of the unholy sepulchre, which are freespawn, then there's not nearly as much point in going for water.
>>
hey agartha, you might want to keep moving your troops along, currently theyre cutting off all access to ermor from my side so i just have to sit my priests here removing his shitty dominion.
>>
>>127307958
>magic to get freespawn
???????
>>
>>127308012
You really want that poor little army of yours to die that badly, huh? What, are they costing you too much upkeep?
>>
>install worthy heroes 5.4
>try a EA arco game
>get the old hoplite hero
>he literally has no abilities other than old age and inspiration +2

I thought this was mod was supposed to make shit heroes better?
>>
>>127307958
>>127307286

tribless/quadbless ermor is extremely difficult to do poorly with.

Most of the wins on the spreadsheet are due to it. Like supayas, it's easymode, and if you're not in a game with gud players, they're going to struggle/fail to counter it. Even if you know the recondite ways to actually stop it, it's still awful as fuck to deal with.

Winning with it is less a matter of skill and more a matter of 'will you run into someone who knows how to stop you before you snowball'.
>>
>>127308327
>if you're not in a game with gud players
>considering scrubs in your assessment of a strategy
Quadbless is vastly inferior to tribless regardless of the fact that if your enemies are slow you can do well with it.
>>
>>127308248

I'm not even in your game, and you're an obnoxious fuck playing a nation that requires no skill in the easiest possible way (that will likely get patched out as soon as jk and ko are done with coe4), and bragging about how you've managed to kill people's units, poorly, with the easiest, and most powerful build you copied from the people who actually pioneered it, with shitty creepy fucking images that remind me that while nerds in general are okay they contain within their ranks nervously sweating shitbirds who are only stopped from date-raping underage girls by their suburban white fear of prison time.

Overall, you're a trash human being. Stop posting your shitty fucking awful images in the thread I read.
>>
>>127308460

I was talking about either. Quadbless is not significantly different to tribless. It's more memey, a bit less efficient, overall both play the same/are the same on the receiving end.
>>
>>127305616
>Also, pan, 400 maenads is never a good choice. Ever. You bring like, 50 maenads. To die screaming, while you do something actually worthwhile.
What's so bad about lots of maenads?

They work like skellyspam. Individually weak but they'll eventually wear down anything which isn't regenerating and fatigue-neutral.
>>
>>127308012
I posted to this effect earlier in the thread mate. They're from an event that spawned them in an outlying province that I raided, so don't worry about them. They're going to keep moving until they die, so feel free to hit the fort that they're on.
>>
>>127308323

People complained super hard about heroes being good, so there's still shit heroes in the mix, and a lot are nerfed from being actually notable.

Go look at some of the old desura discussions about it. A lot of shitty players whining incessantly about heroes that do anything good for a nation, and demanding everything be shit, predictable, and able to be put into their spreadsheets.
>>
>>127308737

Skelespam doesn't count for your rout hp timer, and if you took turmoil, you are making up for the fact that on a gold hungry nation like pan you have less gold by having free chaff. Wasting huge piles of that chaff to try to wear down people (maenads die even faster than skeletons, because they aren't spread out and are vulnerable to arrow fire and literally everything else - even with Mass Protection they are still archer bait) loses you that advantage, makes anything you brought with that army more likely to rout, and is just generally not a good use of your time. Enough maenads to buy time for foul vapours or something, sure, in little scattered maenad pockets all over the field, but 400 maenads? That's just a free kill buffet for whoever wants it.
>>
File: 8c3.jpg (146KB, 496x496px) Image search: [Google]
8c3.jpg
146KB, 496x496px
>>127308535
>>
>>127302293
You can get banned for being "off topic" if you post about anime/manga on /a/. Even if you post a screenshot from an anime.
>>
File: get.png (175KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
get.png
175KB, 640x496px
>>127309092
>>
>>127309101
/a/ moderation isn't representative of the rest of the site.
>>
>>127307929
>hey guys what if we designed a nation that can drop almost all of their scales to -3 because they dont recruit troops with gold/resources like everyone else
>and they get tons of free points for it!
>it's like if we allowed players to pick a cold nation and start with the temperature scale at 0, so that they can adjust it to their preferred rating and get free points!

Has nobody told illwinter that this is retarded yet
>>
>>127309092

Your self-deprecating self-satisfied guffawing shit isn't funny - it isn't interesting - it doesn't make you cool. It's autistic as fuck, and I don't mean that in the 4chins hurrr way, I mean you are actually on the fucking spectrum because you don't understand how human interaction works, and you're faking it and thinking you're winning, when in reality you are not winning and in fact pissing people off.

I am utterly terrified by the fact that you exist in real life and think this shit you're spouting is in any way an appropriate means to deal with literally anybody.
>>
>>127308803
but most of the vanilla heroes were shit?
>>
>>127308951
>Skelespam doesn't count for your rout hp timer
So? Everything you have (except mages, who just need to cast a couple turns of buffs then fuck off) will be berserk.

Hitting HP rout will do literally nothing to your army. You'll hit turn timer and have the enemy rout off the field before your troops will run away.

>maenads die even faster than skeletons, because they aren't spread out and are vulnerable to arrow fire and literally everything else - even with Mass Protection they are still archer bait
Every arrow that hits a maenad isn't hitting one of your actually valuable troops, and maenads don't cost you anything to produce more of. They also start in skirmish formation, which has large gaps where arrow fire can miss.
>>
>>127309410

Most of the vanilla heroes were shit, and some were good. Since heroes were supposed to be a non-minor part of taking a Luck scale, Worthy Heroes set out to make getting a hero something you would actually notice happening. People complained about this a lot, and as a result, a lot of the worthy heroes heroes got nerfed. So a lot of heroes are still 'roughly the same as a national mage' or 'a random commander with 40 more leadership'. People hate shit being interesting or good because IMBALANCE!!!>!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Basically people elevate vanilla versions of things to being 'balanced' in their head, despite them not being balanced, and then lose their shit if anyone changes anything. Part of that whole deifying game developers/authors/directors thing people do.
>>
File: large.jpg (23KB, 500x674px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
23KB, 500x674px
>>127309383
tl;dr
>>
>>127309542

Growing Fury/berserking only kicks in when the target is wounded. Unless you're Bloodletting your own troops, some of your stuff will not be morale immune.

Not to mention maenads get in the way of your better troops, leaving them to die to Magma Eruption or whatever, while the maenads scratch futilely at your enemy's armour while mewling at their feet.

Maenads cost you turmoil scales and pans to produce. That's a serious, hefty cost in gold. They are NOT free. They're a unit that has uses, but throwing a big horde of maenads at people is usually counterproductive. Even buffed, they won't kill anything worth killing. When a small army with encumbrance and no archery/battlefield kill is there and you have nothing better to hurl at them than maenads and you have enough maenads to seal the deal, then a horde c an work out. The rest of the time, not so much. Buying time for foul vapours/grip of winter/curse of stones is a job for 50 maenads, at the outside 100. Not 400. As pan learned, as many turns worth of maenad buildup, that he took turmoil scales for, just evaporated on a few merc squads.
>>
>>127309792
>Growing Fury/berserking only kicks in when the target is wounded. Unless you're Bloodletting your own troops, some of your stuff will not be morale immune.
Growing Fury berserks every unit with berserker, starting about a turn after it's cast. Being hit is not required at all.

>Maenads cost you turmoil scales and pans to produce. That's a serious, hefty cost in gold. They are NOT free.
You want Pans anyway, because they're by far your best mage.

Turmoil scales are a cost, but they're not a per-maenad cost. It costs the same amount whether you lose 0 maenads or 2000 maenads. Turmoil scales also give you points for use elsewhere on your pretender. You're comparing -120 points of scales to +120 points.

>Not to mention maenads get in the way of your better troops, leaving them to die to Magma Eruption or whatever, while the maenads scratch futilely at your enemy's armour while mewling at their feet.
This is an issue which skellyspam shares.

>As pan learned, as many turns worth of maenad buildup, that he took turmoil scales for, just evaporated on a few merc squads.
Pan clearly didn't berserk them. I suspect a large portion of his maenads died while retreating from the scary ghosts rather than actually fighting, but I don't have access to the battle to prove it.
>>
File: Strategy.png (16KB, 721x177px) Image search: [Google]
Strategy.png
16KB, 721x177px
Is this a trap?
>>
>>127312549
What is?
>>
>>127312641
Caelum attacking then staling. I guess if I should have last minute resubmitted my turn to attack his raiders, but I'm pretty sure I can take his army anyway so I'm following my original plan.
>>
>>127309176
It's one of the largest boards, if stuff like that is happening there, it says a lot about moderation about the site.

For the record you can get banned for starting a fantasy setting discussion thread on /tg/ and also for starting a thread about weapons on /k/. Sometimes you get banned for trying to talk about touhou or japanese specific stuff on /jp/ as well.

It's been happening a lot for the past 3 years or so.
>>
>>127310854

Pan is a gold hungry nation. It wants Order, not turmoil. Taking turmoil instead is a massive income loss. The cost of each maenad is lost income/total amount of maenads, which makes them cheap, but not free. If you're taking a heavy bless, the turmoil is cheaper, as you can't afford both o3 and g3, making the maenads cheaper, but if you have a heavy bless, using too many maenads in fights can cause your wcs to not carry the fight as they should, making the maenads less valuable.

Skelespam is powerful because it creates staggered groups of units that largely mitigate archery and evos, and can't be RoS/earthquaked down as easily. Maenads don't have that advantage, while not being as numerous as ma ermor's longdead chaff. It takes a while to accrue 400 maenads, and they can will die to quite small armies without fatiguing those armies out. A huge horde of starving maenads, even berserked, will still tend to suck and die, be shot to pieces, or simply evaporate under a ros, quake, or firestorm.

They're a solid chaff unit for a nation that lacks siege strength and cheap chaff, trying to use them as a swarm or sub-par skelespam knockoff is a waste of resources.
>>
>>127312549

No. You're reading way too much into someone being too busy/forgetful to put a turn in.

If you obsess over dominions games to this extent, you'll either burn out or turn into caldius, both things you should try to avoid.
>>
>enemy army is a province
>move to attack it
>enemy army moves away before my army gets there

Why? This just allows infinite merry go round since a single stack can keep running away forever.
>>
>>127314148
all armies move at the same time, move where you think he'll be at if you want to attack him
>>
>>127314148
Moving to a friendly territory happens before moving to an enemy territory to allow people to properly retreat
>>
>>127308327
Tribless is where it is at. Quadbless fucks up the scales you actually need to have competitive research, so all you have is lictors, without any meaningful magic support. I've never seen a game won with more than tribless - there's a quick dropoff after that, just as most living nations dropoff quickly after two majors and a minor
>>
Are mechanical men any good? They seem pretty shitty for a construction 7 spell...
>>
Does Amulet of Vengeance trigger with Phoenix Pyre?
>>
>playing as EA arco
>wind lords are sacred but can't bless themselves

How are you supposed to use them as thugs then.
>>
>>127315193
just bring a cheap shit priest with them
>>
>>127314689

They're awful, but have elemental resistances. you use them as blockers when casting Fire Storm, Wrathful Skies, etc. They're still shit though. Most summons are awful.
>>
>>127314860
Probably. Phoenix Pyre has its own death-explosion thing though, so you wouldn't be able to tell.
>>
File: Dom 4 diplo donte edition.png (417KB, 944x507px) Image search: [Google]
Dom 4 diplo donte edition.png
417KB, 944x507px
>>
>>127321163
This is made twice as good because copypaste doesn't work in dominions, so you know he manually typed out al those FUCK YOUs.
>>
File: 23457621323512.jpg (236KB, 726x1050px) Image search: [Google]
23457621323512.jpg
236KB, 726x1050px
Post more shit that people manually typed.
>>
Reminder to dogpile Ermor while you still can. They have four thrones in reach, they have three capitals and they're invading Arcosephale.
>>
File: 1235214623.jpg (106KB, 736x682px) Image search: [Google]
1235214623.jpg
106KB, 736x682px
This is not how I wanted this battle to go, but here it is anyway.

I hope you're ready for another 100 vanheres and jade maidens, Mictlan.

Seriously, what the fuck were you thinking when you attacked another bless nation instead of raiding a conventional one? Blood jagers are good, but they're one-trick ponies.

>>127323489
Who are you playing?
>>
>>127323774
A friendly neighbour.
>>
File: 1447542726776.png (174KB, 468x210px) Image search: [Google]
1447542726776.png
174KB, 468x210px
>>127323774

It's Abysia. He's been accusing me of being big since I was 11 provinces, and sent assassins against me despite not sharing a border with me for that same reason. He has no idea how to play and is saying things he's heard other people say in the hope it will earn him gudplayer bonus points. Since I called him on his shit and bragging in the thread, i'm sure his hatred has crystallized into the deep loathing of wounded pride.

As for thrones, I have one, and am currently eyeing another. Four is, unfortunately, a pipe dream. Other than the one you and mictlan are fighting over, the only other thrones are at least 5 provinces march away from my borders, and over impassable terrain (river connections, mountain connections).

Plus i'm not exactly a powerhouse, as my income's been pretty bad for most of the game.

Mictlan did initially come after me, but I fought him off. Attacking a SC god in it's own dominion with buffs and persistent skelespam/fire elemental spam is tough. I didn't win any battles, but I managed to push him back nonetheless. I believe after that he took some of pan. I'm kind of surprised he doesn't have ozelotls at this stage in the game, though. With a f9b9 bless they'd rip face.

>>127323934

A whiny, useless camper who has decided that instead of playing the game to win, they'll pick someone safely far away to organize a gangbang on and then claim victory if that person loses.
>>
>>127328617
I'm not Abysia, though. And lying about the thrones you have access to is low. I'd shore up province defence if I were you. I don't take kindly to liars.
>>
>>127323774
>>127328617

Oh, and I have two capitals - mine, and carthage's. That he thinks 'capitals' mean more than 'overall income' (Berytos was pretty small, like 7 provinces small) is yet another sign that he does not understand the game. Initially I was pissed off, now I only feel pity - it must suck being so insecure you have to pretend to be clued in and gud when you're a noob.
>>
>>127328617
>I'm kind of surprised he doesn't have ozelotls
He has ozelotls, but not for long, as he seems to lack the ability to manage his commanders properly. The fuckup (of sorts) that happened on that image was solely because I forgot to use arrows/wind ride on the adjacent province. And even if he manages to bless them, I have corpse constructs and elemental spam to kill them.
>>
>>127328821

You type like Abysia, Abysia has regularly shit the bed calling for other people to attack me (dogpile! dogpile!), I own one throne province and am looking to attack another (the island one owned by Arco), which is easily provable by anyone with scouts, and all other thrones are at least 5 provinces away, except for the one vanheim and mictlan are fighting over, which is out of my reach as I don't have a hope in hell of advancing into the teeth of EITHER nation's sacreds.

So you're the one either lying, or making shit up because you don't have scouts. Possibly because you're Abysia, and you were using assassins as scouts, and my augurs literally punched them all to death. (I really should have screened basic 1s1f augurs punching assassins to death, golden)

Or because you're immature and trying to organize a gangbang/dogpile by lying to people, and think your cunning ruses are in any way believable at this stage in the game.
>>
>>127329025

Sorry, yes, I did see 15 ozelotls in that battle. I meant MORE ozelotls, generally mictlan is overflowing with flying jaguars at this stage in the game and even with storm up, they run quite quickly regardless.

From the way he handled his armies/my assassins, I get the feeling he's relatively new to mictlan/the game, and doesn't realize to bring extraneous commanders/scouts along with an army to counter seeking arrow etc, but he seemed to learn quickly from the various tricks I pulled, so likely a good player in the making.
>>
>>127329257
Nevermind what I said. I'm not going to sneak a few armies into your general vicinity because you're a liar. I'm going to do it because you're a dick. Just like America, you think everyone that hates you is a sandnigger.
>>
>>127329509
Don't forget to send me my payment for that elemental armor. Any gem type will do. When I'm finished with Micltan, I can start sending you air gems.

And yes, he has around 80(?) more. We'll see how it goes next turn. He might as well lose all of them if I'm successful.
>>
>>127329551
>Nevermind what I said. I'm not going to sneak a few armies into your general vicinity because you're a liar. I'm going to do it because you're a dick. Just like America, you think everyone that hates you is a sandnigger.
While not every that hates America is a sandnigger it's certainly true that everyone who hates America is some sort of nigger.
>>
>>127329551
Vanheim here.

If you really want people to attack Ermor, then tell them which nation you're playing. It's only polite. Just telling people to attack other people while being anonymous will not help you.

I'm sure I'm not going to attack Ermor, as he's proven to be a good ally and trade partner. I'd rather attack some faggot who's trying to be shady for no reason.
>>
>>127329551

>sneak a few armies

Abysia, please. Stop implying you're vanheim - he's in the thread. The only other person anywhere near me with stealth units is Machaka, and they're embroiled in a huge war with Arco, and don't type like you do at all. It's just embarrassing at this point.

>>127329684

Will do. Although I don't know if i've received that armour yet? I vaguely remember not receiving it.
>>
>>127331249
>I vaguely remember not receiving it.
I sent it last turn. Check your treasury.
>>
>>127331336

Haven't checked this turn yet, it's probably in there. I'll send your gems along this turn. They may be largely comprised of nature gems.
>>
Okay, lets break up this discussion with some more nub questions.

So, i kept playing as Ur so i could get familiar with at least one race.

When trying to take a tier 2 (or was it 3?) throne, i met an enemy 200HP monolith. Predictably, my zerg rush attempt has failed miserably. So i got an even bigger army, somewehre around 600 units, and it got smashed again, losing like 200 before fleeing after 100 turns.
What would be the best way to deal with it? Its blocking a throne so i cant just leave it alone, and i dont have access to any blunt-weapon units except for one very basic unit.

What i have tried is mass-producing hammers and giving them out to my commanders, but how many do i need? I mean, they still need to survive getting close to it, and i assume i should remove my normal troops so they dont block the commander team?

Also, what if i tried to use magic? What kind of options do i have considering my priests/mages only have access to Water 2-3, Naure 2 and earth 1-2? Would i have to give out specific orders for it to work?
>>
>>127333904
Oh, forgot to add, in the end, An AI player killed the monolith and the next turn i swooped in and killed the AI's army, claimed the throne and won.
This does mean i couldnt try any of the tactics described above, but i want to be prepared next time.
>>
>>127333904
Shatter, the spell, will work.
Also they always have some amount of astral magic, so if you make a bunch of S1s (indie lizard shamans work for any side) and make them cast magic duel then it'll eventually roll low and die.
>>
>>127333904
Immobile pretenders are can be impossible to kill if you don't bring specific counters for them.
For Ur, smashers could work, but you could also bring a lot of earth mages there and have them cast shatter at the monolith. The problem with shatter is that it's ridiculously short range, but if you cleared out everything except the monolith then you can set your mages to attack a few times then cast shatter.
>>
Atlantis it would be super nice of you to move that army out of the caves. Would be really annoying to have to seige it down, ya know, though the ogres, cave grubs, and whatever assorted indies you bought has no chance of actually winning.
>>
>>127333904
Immobile units are a pain in the ass to deal with.

I think the easiest way for you would be to have every W1+ mage you have spamming Frozen Heart (Alteration 6). It ignores protection and the monolith doesn't have cold resistance. The only issue is the range isn't great, so make sure your mages are near the front of your army.

Another good option would be Weapons of Sharpness. It can only be cast by a strong earth mage, but it gives a group of units AP (armor piercing) for their weapons. This halves enemy protection and should let your troops kill it a lot faster.
>>
File: Shooting fish in a barrel.png (389KB, 958x946px) Image search: [Google]
Shooting fish in a barrel.png
389KB, 958x946px
Welp
>>
>>127334416
>>127334473
Thanks for the advice. How would i make the mages close in and cast it instead of just cheerleading like they usually do?
Do I just fill the script with Shatter and they will automatically pick the susceptible target and go there to cast it?
I kinda assumed script only gives orders for the first 4 turns and then the general unit AI kicks in.

Also, another clarification:
What are the rules for commander routing? The rules explain how squads are routed, but hwat about commanders who may or may not have units under command? Does it matter for the squads morale if their commander dies in battle and vice versa?
>>
>>127335447
>Thanks for the advice. How would i make the mages close in and cast it instead of just cheerleading like they usually do?
Tell them to attack a few times, then cast shatter. Something like, attack large enemy monsters x 2 then shatter x 3.
>>
File: my hero.png (1MB, 1257x968px) Image search: [Google]
my hero.png
1MB, 1257x968px
What's this?
>>
>>127334920
Serves you righ for being a water nation.
>>
>>127336786
Increases his priest level by 1 but makes him diseased, if I'm reading the mod inspector right.

Get him a disease healing item quickly so he doesn't get afflictions or die from disease.
>>
>>127337557
I'm not pelagia, retard
>>
>>127316340
150+ gold priests are not exactly cheap.
>>
>>127316485
so what are good summons?
>>
>>127316340
Priests can't fly. There's not much point in trying to thug a wind lord if you're going to restrict it to walking.

>>127339394
60 gold indies are.
>>
File: hotkeys.png (31KB, 481x54px) Image search: [Google]
hotkeys.png
31KB, 481x54px
Who else didn't know about these 2 commander-selection hotkeys?
Well, now you know.
>>
File: Troy.jpg (46KB, 516x333px) Image search: [Google]
Troy.jpg
46KB, 516x333px
How comprehensive is the tutorial?
>>
>>127339903
Very, but it's a little bit out of date at this point.
>>
>>127340402
I'll run through it first before trying to become up-to-date. I was worried it'd be one of those "eh we'll tell you the extreme fundamentals" tutorials, like in Distant Worlds or Paradox.
>>
>>127296807
>ugh
Ugh.
>>
>>127340825
Why do all the new danknesses crop up when I'm not designing pretenders?
>>
File: SiteSearching.png (320KB, 1061x591px) Image search: [Google]
SiteSearching.png
320KB, 1061x591px
If I hadn't found the second and third castles, would they have still drawn resources from the neighboring provinces?
>>
>>127342350
What the fuck.
>>
>>127342350
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Admin
http://dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Forts
>>
>>127340680
You're going to run into a problem where your pretender god is going to be in the negative with what is suggested.
This is because pricing and whatnot was re-worked.
Just telling you so you don't have to wonder if you're doing something wrong, or whatever.
>>
>>127339520

vine ogres, corpse constructs, vitriols, black hawks for patrol only, wolves, all the agarthan national summons, most of the berytian/jewish giant blood national summons, ozelotls, dakini, great eagles (for sieging), p. much any demons really, manticores for raiding, terracotta warriors if you want to burn F gems, fire snakes for the same reason, the armoured trolls are surprisingly good, wights via legion of wights, ghosts, pale riders/longdead cav, claymen. Mostly in their niche, although some are just generically useful.
>>
Everytime I hit enter on the wikia it linesdown twice
Shift enter and alt-enter do nothing
How do I make it not do this?
>>
>>127343534

nonsum1 wiki-anon here- we have no idea. it's a known bug, and the dude we contacted sort of shrugged his shoulders and said he's working on it.
>>
>>127343729
goddamn, do I hate wikia.
Alright, thanks.
>>
>>127342660
Yeah, I figured that was the case. It's a pretty normal thing to happen, in all fairness; pricing is the thing most changed in games. Related; which is better, going ham on one thing (productivity, growth) or spreading it more equally? Or is it just a case of different builds?
>>
>>127343231
>pale riders

Why? They literally die in one hit.
>>
wow, that would have worked out better if my armies hadn't gone in the complete wrong directions
Could be worse
>>
>>127344516
Generically?
Productivity isn't overly necessary, since you tend to be more limited by gold than resources, and once you get a few forts up you have a lot more resources to throw around.

LA nations more commonly (versus EA/MA nations) take 1 or 2 prod to help expand, as everything is in heavier armor and it might be necessary to help you grab the areas immediately around your capital - capturing the areas around forts increases the resources available in said fort.

Growth is generally taken at 3 because pop increase of +.6%+.6% etc is much better than like +.2%+.2%
Other common scale patterns are if you go turmoil you go turmoil 3 and then compensate with Luck[aka Fortune] 3 to maximize good events to help recoup money-loss and get tonsa gems, and also Order 3/Misfortune 1, because order decreases event frequency.

Everything else just varies to what you want and can afford.
>>
>>127345280
Interesting. Thanks, anon.
>>
>>127344516
Typically going ham.

For a good rule of thumb, most nations want Order 3 Growth 3. There is definitely an argument for Order 2, Growth 2 and hope that you get a throne that gives you +1 Order/Growth, butyou have no way of knowing if that will happen.

If you take turmoil, take some luck.
Besides some of the domkill nations, always take growth 3. EA Abysia (not caring about growth) and MA Asphodel (a domkill nation that wants grwoth 3) being exceptions.

Productivity is very different in that it doesn't give much gold, but a lot of resources. Most nations don't want Production scales, but in the Late Age taking a point or two wouldn't be a bad thought. Production 3 is highly recommend against. Production 1, 2 is a maybe.
>>
>>127339730
panko bless you, I've been playing since 2007 and didn't know them.
>>
>>127345632
EA Abysia most certainly wants G3. So what if they don't get the supply boost, the pop growth and +% gold is why you take it.
>>
>>127346384
They don't get the % gold, IIRC.
>>
>>127346902
They do actually, even though it alludes to the not getting it on the nation description, it was tested and confirmed that they do, and when you add growth scales it even shows you getting the +% income.
>>
I'm trying to add sprites and whatnot to the EA TNN wikia page
I did http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Special:MultipleUpload this to upload the sprites I had - you can see one @ http://community.wikia.com/wiki/File:Sidhe_Lord.png

But the page isn't recognizing any except the Baobhan Sidhe, which I added by clicking the "Add Features and Media" -> Photo button on the right side of the screen in edit mode.

How do I do this properly/easily?
>>
>>127309574
Allow me to pontificate in a manner you may find manageable enough to cogitate upon:
U R A FGT
>>
Pythium you know where those mercs are headed. I hope we can avoid collision.
>>
>>127345632
Also very interesting. What do you mean by domkill? Are they necromancer-based/non-standard population nations or something?
>>
>>127349808
Yes, there are a few nations that kill their population and get undead freespawn in return. MA Ermor gets regular skeletons and some sacreds, Lemuria gets ghosts, Asphodel gets manikins of various creatures, and Therodos also gets freespawn ghosts and some sacreds.
>>
>>127347543
Well what I ended up doing was just manually adding them all to a gallery and then they worked.
So, whatever. Bloody site.

>>127349808
Domkill is where your dominion kills population over time. More dominion, quicker death.
Some, like MA Ermor do it quite fast, while Asphodel and Therodos are a bit slower.

Also "Domkill" could mean you killed a nation or player by removing all of their dominion, as you lose if that happens.

They're undead nations, yeah. They rely on summoning and freespawn/units-that-just-spawn-everywhere-for-free
>>
>>127349808

Yeah, more or less. There are some dominions, like Ermor's, that kill their population so that you must keep expanding to keep your income up.
>>
>>127350004
>>127350118
>>127350124
Cool, thanks anons. Awesome that the game plays with its mechanics so much.
>>
>>127349753
Towards the horses? I was heading due south.
>>
Are there any active AARs or anything I can read?
Maybe a decent video series?
>>
>>127312780
>>127312641
I just staled because I was doing things IRL. A pretty unfortunate time to stale but it's whatever.
>>
>>127350124
why the fuck do ghosts need money
>>
>>127351820
Forts and temples and indie recruitment and whatnot

Even in undeath, builders demand gold.
>>
>>127322348
>Nightbane
kek
>>
>>127312549
You've been playing too much Diplomacy, anon.
>>
>>127351249
Sorry to hear, if I noticed I'd have given an extension
>>
Which nation would you guys recommend for t-strike spam? So far it looks like my best bet is Fomoria. They don't need communions for it, and their casters are giants, making them far more resilient. And you can give them a minor air bless to offset the precision loss from casting in a storm. Hell, since Fomoria starts with air income, you could even get a few of your fir bolg druids to make some eyes of precision if you wanted.

Also, what do you guys think of giving my pretender S5 in addition to A4, that way I can cast Wrath of God? I'm already going to evo 5 for storm, WoG is evo 6. Should I put those points into extra scales or a bless instead? Also, how much extra damage does WoG do with turmoil scales?
>>
>>127357056
Birds? They're pure air, and most players I fought were using massed T-strikers.

Sometimes Vanheim can pull it off, but IMO it's situational and not worth concentrating on as a general strategy.
>>
>>127357056
TNN Or Caelum or also good for t-strik spam.
>>
>>127357361

I don't like Caelum. Their troops are just too flimsy for my tastes. They even struggle against indies.
>>
>>127357056
Wrath of god isn't worth casting.
>>
>>127357615

Are Fomoria's sacreds worth a bless? They're pretty resilient, but they're both cap only.
>>
>>127357056
It's not worth to design your pretender for that spell. I cast it once when playing as Ermor, and it was pretty irritating for everyone, but it's not very effective on its own. Now, if you can cast it along with Foul Air... Ermor already has Turmoil 3, you know...
>>
>>127357695
They make decent blockers with an N9 bless, and N9 isn't exactly an expensive bless for them.
>>
>>127357695
It might be worth it for Formorian kings, but scales Formoria also does quite well, apparently.
>>
>>127357695
I've seen Fomoria thugging their druids and kings and even pulling off part-time elf stuff with E4N9. But you have to be bretty gud to manage that.
>>
>>127357865

Ermor is cheesy as hell, though. All they do is wipe out pop with their dominion and dump skeletons on people.
>>
>>127358032
I played rainbow Ermor that time, so my knights were not that useful.
>>
>>127357615
>>127357865

Thanks for the confirmation, I was already leaning towards that conclusion... I have no starting astral income, and turmoil scales are *really* bad for a mage nation like Fomoria. I thought that it might be worth it since I'm already going into evocations, and I can always turn my water and death gems into pearls. It's inefficient, but it would work if I really wanted to cast the spell.
>>
>>127340680
The extreme fundamentals is all you'll know after 100 hours.
>>
>>127358439
There's also 'Nemedian' Formia, taking prod 3 and treating the cap only Nemedians as your elite troops, they fare fairly well compared to most sacreds.
>>
File: 12464213.jpg (13KB, 262x122px) Image search: [Google]
12464213.jpg
13KB, 262x122px
>>127358440
>100 hours
I've seen people being total scrubs after 500. Hell, I got 700 recently, and I consider myself knowing roughly half of the match-ups and counters.

Inb4 that faggot with 2k hours again. I played with you a few times, and you're a goddamn staler trash who sets himself AI at a whim. I hope a methead stabs you to death.
>>
Does regeneration stack from the blessing and from build in regeneration, like trolls?
>>
>>127358929
Yes.

Have fun.
>>
>>127305616
I'm sorry, the merc list wasn't quite right for an elemental gimmick ;_;
>>
What should I focus on when creating a pretender for EA Machaka?

I've thought about going full scales. Order and Growth are obvious. Luck and Magic could be useful for gem events to utilize Bouda's superior forging. Magic also turns Voices of Lion into okay researchers (and they can fill other roles, like firing bows, leading animals and blessing). I'd avoid dumping Sloth as well since Rhinos are pretty resource-intensive.

That said, Lion Warriors, while not impressive, hit pretty hard and have additional stun damage. A minor Fire bless seems okay for them. Air would be a good path to break into and A4 gives Precision boost for all the evocation-spammers and Voices of Lion equipped with bows.

What else should I consider?
>>
>>127357615
Whats wrong with Wrath of god it always seemed like a good think for me.
>>
>>127362274
It's an annoyance at worst, and it makes everyone dislike you.
>>
Which globals would you guys say are safe to cast in multiplayer? Globals that won't immediately get dispelled, or have cause everyone to team up on you?
>>
>>127362903
Gem gens are fairly inoffensive. Especially Well of Missery, which could as well be of Misery as most people won't dispell it due to them getting a bit of extra gold.
>>
>>127363224
Does Admiral Torgrin's wild ride fall under the category of offensive or funny?
>>
>>127364209
A bit of both.
It's definitely fun, though.
>>
>>127361462

I don't know about pretender design, but keep in mind that Boudas can cast both summon earthpower (reinvig) and horde of skeletons right out of the box. I'd definitely take order and a strong dominion, since you'll be using them quite a bit.
>>
Hey admin, I think I'll need an extension, I don't think I'll be home in time to submit this turn. It'll only be a couple of hours, if that.
>>
ded
>>
>>127373420
ded
>>
>>127373772
ded
>>
>>127373879
ded
>>
File: 1252435.gif (998KB, 246x253px) Image search: [Google]
1252435.gif
998KB, 246x253px
>>127373420
>>127373772
>>127373879
>>127373948
>>
Anybody get a DOW from Friendly skeleton?
>>
>>127374345
Yes
>>
>>127352048
then why cant you tax ghosts?
>>
>EA sauromatia with a N9 bless
Y/N
>>
>>127375418
because you're the lord of death, not Bernie Sanders
>>
>>127375548
>the nation with literally 0 wins
Whatever.
>>
>>127375548
Y
>>
>there will never be population statistics in Dom 4, despite the huge variety of races

>you will never be able to kill all humans in a glorious tidal wave of fire as Abysia
>>
Have you won a game? How many months after you started playing MP was it before you won your first game against competent opponents? Did you win because of your strengths as a player, or because you had a strong nation?
>>
>>127376189
Pop stats? Like worldwide, in a province, both, or what?
>>
>>127365119
on it
>>
>>127376305

I mean instead of conquering a province and having just 5000 "population," or however much it is, you'll have 3000 humans and 2000 Milesians. Or 3000 humans and 2000 Abysians. Or whatever. And each population type would be compatible or incompatible with other populations, for example Milesians would get along fairly well with humans, whereas Abysians and Niefel giants would hate them because they're weak. Different races would also have different rates of reproduction, and different behaviors (some would generate more unrest, or work harder and produce more gold/resources/supplies, etc). You should also be able to wipe out undesirables and migrate other population types to take their place.
>>
>>127376695
Now this would be some heavy-ass autism.
>>
>>127376695
That's way too in-depth 4X/Grand Strategy stuff for a wargame like Dominions.
>>
>>127376304
Yes, I'm not sure any of my three victories were against competent oponents, I was Therodos so infer what you will.
>>
>>127376073
How do you bless them though? Their priests are too expensive.
>>
>>127376963
>>127377175

Yeah, it would add another layer of complexity to a game that's already extremely complex. However, new game mechanics give us new ways to balance the game. Abysia, for example, is underpowered right now. Since they're known for invading other nations and enslaving humans, they could have bonuses to managing non-Abysian populations that would give them an edge over other nations.
>>
>>127376695
On one hand, I like it as it opens a bunch of posibilities to differentiate sides, such as Abysian citizens not dieing due to death scales or however it's fluffed that doesn't make up for the crunch.
On the other hand, with such a complex game already, such a feature would probably bring a new shade of imbalance and bugs, as well as be another thing for peopel to have to learn when the game has an already steep learning curve.
>>
>>127377175
it would help with the whole "the second you build a fort all the humans in the province turn into Abysians/birds/bats/elves/etc" wonkyness that goes on
>>
Hey admin, are you here?
Tomorrow I'll be traveling, and I need a 24 hours extension.
>>
so uh, I just accidentally discovered something that's pretty convenient

when you're in the army setup menu, press tab to hide researchers
>>
>>127376304
>Have you won a game?
Three so far.

>How many months after you started playing MP was it before you won your first game against competent opponents?
I only play on /domg/, so I've never player against competent opponents. :^)

>Did you win because of your strengths as a player, or because you had a strong nation?
Well, my wins were with EA Agartha, Yomi, and MA Sceleria. Agartha and Sceleria are definitely top-tier nations IMO, but Yomi is fairly weak. My win with Yomi was mostly because of diplomonstering and being underrated by everyone else. I never even had to fight any serious battles all game, because nobody realised I was throne-rushing until it was too late.

I don't consider myself a great player by any measure though. I've been playing this shit for years, so sooner or later things were bound to go my way.
>>
>>127375548
N
Sauro doesn't really need the bless, and desperately wants someone with the ability to craft astral boosters. The sacreds are not good enough over Cataphracts to warrant a bless imo.

This is before going over the issue of actually blessing your units, mind.
>>
>>127377996
Here's a convenient secret:

Try pressing "?"
>>
>mounted commanders cant cast strength of gaia

And that's not mentioned ingame...the fuck?
>>
I don't think there's any such thing as a "good" Dominions player, meaning a player who can reliably win. The most that you can do is be aware of what's possible with as many of the different nation, pretender, bless and scale combos as you can, and then apply whichever strategies you think are best for dealing with your opponents. There are so many different ways to counter any given strategy, and so many ways to luck out and get way more than your opponents have (like getting a good starting position, or being lucky in site searching) that a Dominions match really is something of a gamble. It's possible to be bad at Dominions, of course, but you can't really be good at it.
>>
>>127379094
but anon, it's possible to be good at dominions.

but of course that 50-60% average win-ratio people in shooters or 1v1 games use isn't applicable here. A 20% win ratio is really really high and would mark someone as a good player, for example.
>>
What the shit?

My Black Servant turned into a Skinshifter somehow.
>>
>>127380165
Did you give him the item that specifically states that they could turn into a skinshifter potentially?
>>
>>127380293
I dunno, I guess?

I just slapped some shit on him that I got for free in events.
>>
>>127344681
High defense and prot means that they actually can survive a battle against human infantry, but more importantly you only really need them to get off one lance hit to be potentially worthwhile. I wouldn't use this spell in most situations since they often won't be worth the precious D gems, but there are definitely times when it's worth the price to get a cavalry charge.
>>
>>127380440
And now you've learned not to do that.
>>
>>127381054
At least he managed to conquer the province he was hiding in. :^)

He's going to die now though, because non-undead + bane venom charm = sadness.
>>
>>127377796
Nevermind, I took the turn right now.
>>
>>127376304
>How many months after you started playing MP was it before you won your first game against competent opponents?
How many months has it been since Dom4 came out? That many and counting.
>>
>>127376304
How many breads have you eaten in your life?
>>
>>127385359
Please, name the games you won.
>>
>>127385749
>reading comprehension
>>
>>127385881
I need to sleep. Best of luck to you, anon.
>>
File: 2016-01-04_00001.jpg (318KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-04_00001.jpg
318KB, 1680x1050px
Good idea or BEST IDEA?
>>
>>127388434
How about a mediocre idea? What's your gameplan?
>>
>>127388434
A demilich will get you the same magic for cheaper.
>>
>>127388583
It was a joke saying it was a good idea. Breaking into blood, basically
>>
>>127388764
So it does, so it does.....
>>
Okay is there a mod that actually changes ingame text to be more descriptive? Is it even possible to mod that?

I am so sick and tired of having to alt-tab out to check the manual, only to find that it doesn't have the info so i spend time trying to google it.
>>
>>127390407
I don't think so, and it'd involve editing every single thing manually at best so I doubt anybody wants to do that.
It's prolly why shillwinter isn't doing it, really. Although who knows why they didn't do it to begin with? Maybe it's so they can fiddle with shit and not have to update descriptions because the description doesn't just grab from the actual effect cause they're/he-is bad
>>
>>127388434
Not sure about how useful the blood is going to be, but just on the scales I'd go either Cold 1 and Luck 3 or Luck 1 and neutral prod. The difference between Luck 1 and Luck 2 is minute.
>>
>>127390737
The blood was the main idea behind it, as Sceleria doesn't need a bless at all and hearts of life are great for their communions.
Demilich gets extra scales, which helps, and thanks for mentioning luck 2 is not comparatively worth it.
>>
ded
>>
>>127395602
fite me irl
>>
Anyone here familiar with modding? Is this how you edit a weapon?

#selectweapon "Short Sword"
#att 1
#end
>>
>>127395602
>>127395808
you two better send your turns or i will beat you up
>>
>>127396350
>implying I have turns
SEND YOURS FAGGOT
>>
>>127396260
Yeah.
>>
>>127396260

Also you can use IDs like
#selectweapon 6
6 is the ID of the short sword (look at the inspector with advanced toggled to do this easily)

It's less obvious what you're looking up (if you want you can put like "-- short sword" after it as a comment) , but it's less likely to run into a problem, eg there are multiple "Short Sword"s, or something for whatever reason.
>>
>>127374345
Yup. No foreplay or anything. I feel let down
>>
How do I no-supaya Nazca? A4E4 bless for precision and reinvig on mummies?
>>
>>127392001
>>127392001
Sceleria fucking loves a bless.
Mages are all sacred and their sacreds are fucking murder machines.
>>
Are you still able to freeze a water nation and wait for them to die off? I did this in single player and would it work in multiplayer?
>>
What are, generically, the spells used to get good/decent bloodhunt patrollers?
Like there's Call of the Wilds for 41 Spring hawks and Horde from Hell for 25 imps, but is there anything else?
>>
>>127403232
1. Use Ro5G to summon demons.
2. Use those demons to patrol while bloodhunting to summon more demons.
3. Profit!
>>
>>127403369
>28 blood slaves to summon a few demon-units to bloodhunt with them
wut
>>
>>127403369
>>127404259

I too am curious.
>>
>>127321773
>He doesn't have scripts to generate messages from text files.
>>
>>127404259
>>127404851
It's a prank, bro.

But in all seriousness, Ro5G is a good spell that you as a blood nation will want to cast en masse. Might as well delegate them to patrol duty when you're not actively wrecking shit.

And yeah, Horde from Hell is probably your best bet, as it both gives you flying patrollers and a commander to lead the aforementioned demons.
>>
>>127401326
Not unless you can reliably get a massively higher water income than the water nation in question can get either water gems or pearls and anyone else in the game inclined to support them against you. They'll either dispel it or overcast it and then suicide their caster, depending on what they have available. Also, to actually make them die off you would need to dom push them aggressively, which most water nations are mindful of to begin with given how many nations they tend to share borders with.
>>
Does anybody happen to have either the Four Villages or the Seaside Valley maps?
These two:

http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/four-villages-522-wraparound
http://www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/seaside-valley-153-land-18-sea

Would appreciate mirrors of em both - they're both down in their respective OPs.
>>
Ohlmann made a worthy heroes 5.5
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2749
>>
>>127407442
>Ohlmann
>poorly spelled full-autism fluff and balance that is at once questionable and boring
No thank you.
>>
>>127379094
>>127379615
This is not quite right. Most /domg/ games with identified winners are won by the same 5 or so players, and there are probably 30-50 active /domg/ players.
>>
>>127408120
>by the same 5 or so players
But that's just plain wrong, anon. Look at the googledoc again.
>>
>attack a level 3 throne
>has a monolith and about 30 watchers (some super statue that can spam lightning)
>have 60 sacred equites with a E9 N9 bless
>several D4 or S3 mages with communion slaves
>communion up, try to use armor negating spells like shadow bolt
>they do jack shit against the monolith and watchers
>all the communion slaves die for some reason, even though my mages have lots of fatigue reduction
>equites get gibbed by watchers
>once the first few turns are over, all my mages go full retard and do nothing but spam skeletons even though they cant hurt the statues

So...how am i supposed to kill these things? Also +5 protection does not actually give me +5 protection on the equites, what the fuck?
>>
>>127408632
Assassinate the fucker
>>
How useful is scouting really, I mean besides using them as assassins whats the point?
>>
>>127408703
Play MP and you will understand.
>>
>>127408703
There is no point
information is overrated
>>
>>127403232
>41 spring hawks
I know you mean black hawks but other people might not
For other patrollers though
>call wolves (technically call of the wild too but "infinite" "free" wolves over 40 turns is generally a lot worse than limited and cheap wolves right now)
>generic undead if you have can get undead/demon priests for reanimation
>pale riders (longdead horsemen are exceptional patrollers, and are very cheap)
>>
>>127375548
It works pretty well if you're aimed at end-game. It gets you high-level nature magic so you can capture GoH for tarts and such and turns your sacreds into easymode expansion (they're not gamewinning against other humans, but they're good enough with that bless).

I wouldn't listen to people who say things like "your sacreds aren't good enough to warrant a bless." It's an opportunity cost problem, not an objective measure where one should not spend points.

The only question is whether a bless does more for you than those points would if spent differently. An N9 bless is incredibly cheap, meaning that going without it doesn't get you many points, and does a lot for you that scales don't. The one thing it doesn't get you is astral boosters, but those are also expensive in terms of points (Cheapest option - S7 idol - is only 60 points less) and provide less early-game potency (and a less clear endgame) in order to get a little more flexibility.
>>127376304
Dunno. 8 or so pbem wins (including 4 dom4 wins), not counting disciples or mod games. Some of both. First endgame came in my second game, where we announced a three way tie. (so 4 months in). My first srs win was probably about a year in, with MA Pangaea, I think.

Several of my wins were with nations that were not considered strong at the time I won with them, and are now considered extremely strong. (My first dom4 win was with Lanka, and people initially thought lanka was really bad due to chaospower and similar changes)

>>127375816
I believe it has 2 now.
>>
>>127408747
no he wont. he could end up using scouts his entire time playing and never understand what he is actually getting from it.
>>
>>127344681
Pale riders are high-defense albeit fragile lancers that can be summoned in vast numbers by a high-death mage. On hitting the research level, certain nations (Ctis) can convert their death gem stockpile into pale riders to unexpectedly win an early war. In fact, I think at least one of the recorded wins discusses this.
>>
>>127408806
I think that is sarcasm so I ask this, why even use scouts when you can use gods eyes?
>>
>>127409486
Have you ever played a multiplayer game in your life? Because your questions are pretty silly for anyone who did.

Read the manual. You can't see enemy armies outside of your dominion.
>>
>>127409676
He was being sarcastic too. He even explicitly mentioned the sarcasm
>>
>>127409715
>He was being sarcastic too.
Don't overestimate people. He's just being retarded.
>>
File: aa.png (347KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
aa.png
347KB, 500x500px
>>127409832
Are you being sarcastic as well now? This is p deep.
>>
>>127409676
No but I just started a multiplayer match and I tend to just never move my scout once when playing single player.
>>
>>
>>127408690
Just tried, he got paralyzed by astral sheild then the monolith casted enslave mind.
>>
>>127410810
how much astral does the monolith have. If its lower than 6, magic duel the fucker.
>>
>>127409993
You are a shitter.
>>
>>127409993
People like you tend to be the easiest to diplomance, ime. So you won't lose immediately (maybe), cause you'll be way too useful of a tool for whoever winds up winning, cause you won't be able to call them out on their bullshit.

Cause you won't see where they're bullshitting you.
>>
>>127412710
>>127413417

why are you guys being fags, it's his first multiplayer game. usually this generals pretty happy to help people out.
>>
>>127415195
The line of questions about scouting is idiotic and shouldn't even be a thing.
It's a shitter mentality of the highest order.
>>
Hey Jotunheim, please consider my offer. I don't have a lot of resources to attack skeletons as of now.
>>
>>127412051
IIRC he has 5 astral. But thats much higher than any of my mages and i still need a way to kill the watchers.
>>
>>127419340
If there are no commanders with magical leadership left, the watchers will all die.
>>
>>127413417
what are you talking about? The game lets you see all the enemy stuff next to your provinces without having a scout, it's just that the numbers aren't as accurate without one.
>>
>>127419602
Oh god, just play that MP game of yours to the end, and you'll see that all those people who are telling you that you're not a jedi yet are right.
>>
I know my immobile pretender can't break siege, but if I give one an amulet of the doppelganger and a black heart, can it assassinate?
>>
>>127419798
I'm sure that it can't, but I'd be super happy to be wrong. Post screens.
>>
>>127419798
>>127419957
The Black Heart cannot be used by inanimate beings.Are there any immobile pretenders that aren't lifeless?
>>
>>127420317
Imrinsul comes to mind.
>>
>>127420352
Ok, turns out you can't assassinate.

The amulet does let you hide, though, and this also works on lifeless beings.
>>
File: 1243235123.jpg (179KB, 882x704px) Image search: [Google]
1243235123.jpg
179KB, 882x704px
>>127420809
But if you transform...
>>
>>127421008
Yeah, but then it's not an unkillable statue
>>
>>127421241
But unkillable statues shouldn't move ever ever, to be honest with you, family member. That would break shit hard.
>>
So for MA Abysia's salamander units, what does beast master actually boost on them?
>>
>>127421463
They can already teleport. Have you never given someone the ol' Monolith Surprise?
>>
>>127408632
>So...how am i supposed to kill these things?
Don't use spells which have magic resistance negates. Monolith and Watchers have high MR so they'll ignore them most of the time.

I suggest spamming Bane Fire. It has extremely high damage so it'll mostly ignore their protection, and it isn't resistible in any way.

>Also +5 protection does not actually give me +5 protection on the equites, what the fuck?
The +5 protection from E9 is actually +5 natural protection.

Natural protection and Armor protection only partially stack, so a unit with armor will usually only see 3-4 protection increase from E9.
>>
>>127421528
Have you tried reading the description in game or the manual?
>>
>>127421575
It was never worth it (I saved a fort like that once though). Besides, I rarely play Monolith-compatible nations these days. Gotta try one in my next game, maybe. But I already have a few faggy ideas for pretenders, and my time in this world is finite.
>>
>>127421682
There's always room for a big black dildo.
>>
I like Pangaea
>>
File: 1427359530528.png (97KB, 600x519px) Image search: [Google]
1427359530528.png
97KB, 600x519px
>>127422014
I like Ur
>>
>>127419602
Scouting lets you see provinces which aren't immediately adjacent to you. This is important for a variety of things.

It lets you see how big other players are. This is important because players with much more territory tend to snowball into victory if not stopped.

It lets you see who other players are fighting. This is important because it lets you know who is an easy target and who it's safe to leave your back open to.

It lets you watch other players' battles. This lets you gather information on their research level as well as their preferred army setup.

It lets you aim long-distance rituals and flying troops so you're not attacking blindly.
>>
>>127421650
I'm retarded. It's late and I'm trying to find a way to make them viable, sue me.
>>
>>127398239
next time I'll take my time on you sweety
>>
What nation is the trible nation? I wanna play as the tribles
>>
>>127425149
MA Ulm is one of the best tri-bless nations, but only if you go for blood + nature.
>>
Fairly new player here with some questions (played ~100 hours single player, all in MA):

1. Is MA Oceania as bad as they look?

2. MA Ashdod, how do you expand the first few turns? Even with production 3, I can only produce 2-3 sacreds per turn. how do I decide between the 3 cap only slow to recruit commanders?

3. MA Jotunheim: Are the forest recruitable Vaetti good for expansion? I've had no success with them at all.
>>
>>127423597
Awww well that's sweet of you. I'll burn you last.
>>
File: UR_A_FAGET.png (39KB, 829x829px) Image search: [Google]
UR_A_FAGET.png
39KB, 829x829px
>>127422072
I actually also like Ur
>>
I'm trying to figure out how the precision formulae works.

According to the manual its Precision/2 – 2 (half the Precision, minus 2). But that means a unit with 10 precision can only shoot 2 squares without deviating. That can't be right....
>>
>>127376304

I won my first dom4 game with MA Pangaea, that was because the nation is ridiculously strong, not because of my skills. Obviously the win happened after like 4-5 months because the game had to be played until the end.

I have since then met a few good players on domg and vanheim but the average guy is a scrub definitely.
>>
>>127385579
underrated post
>>
>>127425426
>MA Ashdod
N9EX Anakites. Clear your cap circle first. Also helps if you play on map that doesn't have shit starts.
>>
>>127427013
It'd be 3 squares. 10/2 = 5, 5-2 = 3.

Why can't that be right?
>>
>>127425426
1. No, their sacreds are decent
2. Use N9E4 Anakites to clear your cap circle first. You can win early wars pretty decently with them.
3. You're supposed to use mainly giants for expansion but Vaetti are pretty PvP chaff since they fit 6 to a square. Build labs in forests so you can get uber research.
>>
This is weird, does anyone know why strength of gaia isnt showing up in my army setup spell list?
>>
>>127427491
Oh i read it as 10/2 - 2 (10/2 -2).
>>
Hey Pelagia, please don't attack the farmlands near your snake, as I am going to attack it this turn. You can go where you said in your message, or other places, i'm fine with either, but let's try to avoid collisions.

I've sent you a message in game responding to expansion plans, generally I feel your requests are reasonable.
>>
Please, send your yurns faster. I need only 2 more months to win this clusterfuck.
>>
Does anyone know how to mod a spell's effect? For example, making summon storm power give +5 shock resist as well?
>>
>>127431564
Damage types
>>
>>127431723
do you mean #damage? Protection from lightning has 199, do i just add 199 to whatever storm power's damage number is?
>>
>>127376304
I have won my very first PBEM. It was sure happy experience. Not because I was good (probably 3rd in power for that moment), just my rivals was probably underestimatng me, so I just stole in 1 harsh, short rash all necessary amount of VP and won. But I have years of SP behind my back, so I had some ground to pull that out.
Generally I am defeating scrubs, being on the equal terms with the proper players and sucking badly against good players.
>>
>playing SP
>usually do small random map, 4 normal AIs
>only use 1 PD on provinces
>AI just keeps spamming small parties of 10+ units each to take the provinces where my main armies are not

How do you counter this? The moment i move my army to re-take the provinces, the AI just moves his armies elsewhere to stop me from attacking them. If he has a large army sitting in one province, he runs away when i try to attack it. And i usually have at least two AIs spamming those small stacks to take my poorly defended provinces.

If this was a MP game, what would you do?
>>
>>127433190

Put in more PD and the AI won't be able to raid with small armies.

Also, don't play SP, it's awful.

In MP, you counter raiding with defensive movement traps (move units into provinces you think the enemy is going to move into), with remote spells that kill attackers, and with PD spikes in provinces with good PD units where you think they will move (basically a defensive movement trap).

You force fights by laying siege to a fort, and walk around armies taking provinces when you want to avoid fights.
>>
>>127433190
It'snot easy to counter, but generally just hit your research targets and then try to counter their raiding with the small forces while your main army taking their Forts.
And stop playing Normal AI. Try at least something more harsh, not Impossible yet, but something harsher. Don't go easy on yourself.
>>
>>127433190

Note that this guy>>127433576's advice builds bad habits (having a 'main army' instead of interchangeable, splittable units, treating raiding as hard to counter and serious instead of a nuisance to squash with reinforcements on their way to the front, treating higher-levels of AIs larger trash hordes as a serious opponent/training you to deal with large hordes of trash units instead of player made armies) as will SP in general. Playing SP actually makes you worse at MP in general, and is a vastly different game/experience to MP (and in most people's opinion, much worse).
>>
>>127433909
'Main army' is necessity because you always have limited recources, but you need to maximaize your 'firepower', that is why ypu can have only 1 the most durable army for the given moment. Yes, you can have as much clusters of manpower everywhere, but they will be weak without diverse magesupport and items you can craft and give it's commanders. And if you'll try to equally share your recourcess among those armies then they all will be mediocre weak. It's much more wiser to have 1 OP army and constantly building the 2nd one all the time.

I am noy treating raiding as a serious nuisiance, but you just need to re-capture all your lands back ASAP. Any means will do.

Playing good in SP is important, not only it teaches you about ALL game aspects and basically maximaizing your game knowledge, but also it makes you empirically feel how your nation, your rivals and the game in overall is functioning. SP allows you to create your own tactics and strategies. And it's not that easy to defeat several Impossible AIs. I bet you>>127433576 have never succeed in that task. All you know is MP. And in MP what is easy it's to defeat scrubs and then run with the game using their resources, or on the other hand being curbstomped by someone strong or by coalition, while you are powerless. In MP you can learn only by imitating, - that is important and fruitful, but that is not enough. You need SP to create YOUR OWN VISION OF THE GAME. Yes, AI is not smart and creative, but their Research, manpower, agressivness is always superior, so you can learn a lot from being overwhelmed by more developed but far from flawless opponent.
Basically in MP due to it's harshness you have no room to experiment and succeed after you do. There is no creativity in MP, only effectivness... and scrubs. That way will never fully understand the game and won't feel what is 'yours' in it.
So I believe that every new player have to play SP as much as he can afford to improve himself.
>>
>>127435762

Mate, your english is awful. Also, you're wrong. In MP, you play against a thinking enemy and can outmaneuver, out-think, or out-play them. In SP, you fight an enemy who has a horde of shit units in every province, and you win by having any tactic that works against large numbers of shitty units. 'Your own vision of the game' or whatever i'm sure sounds very inspiring to you, but ultimately what it boils down to is 'decide you like manticores and spam them and call that a vision of the game because nearly any tactic can be made to work against the AI'.

Playing in SP teaches you what any introduction to dominions LP video does, how to recruit units and move armies. It then teaches you how to fight the AI, which is roughly the opposite to how to fight players. Aka a bunch of stuff you then have to unlearn to play MP at all. It's about as many aspects of the game as 'how the pieces move' is in chess.

And as for your main army whatever, thinking of having a main army is sloppy, useless thinking. Thinking of what units you have where and how to combine them is strategic thought. 'Main army' is laziness.

If you think SP teaches you literally anything worth knowing, feel free to start up a 1v1 game on llamaserver. I'll join, we'll see how your SP 'vision of the game' stacks up against my MP one.
>>
>>127436441
My english is really bad to argue with you intelligibly, so I am stopping right here. But I believe that I am the one who is correct, obviously.
And about duel, it's a good idea, but I don't feel like it. Now I am hang on CoE4, so my train of thoughts is kinda far from dominions. Next time.
>>
Anybody know how commanders/units are listed on the recruitment screen?
It's not by the the order I listed them as recruitable (modding) or ID, it isn't gold-cost, it isn't alphabetical. What is it?
>>
>>127433506
>move units into provinces where you think the enemy is going to move into

But that requires at least 3 armies for every one of their raiding force, which leaves you with virtually no forces to do anything else. Also even if you catch and kill one of their raid stacks, they lose nearly no gold because its a small stack of 10+ troops.

Why would you waste gems on a spell to kill some cheap commander worth a lot less? Its not a very good trade.

Spiking PD the turn before is the only thing that works, but you always run the risk of wasting money because the PD turns out to insufficient or missing.

>laying seige to a fort

What if he uses the opportunity to take out all your provinces in the meantime, or lay seige to one of your forts instead?

Also how do you stop 2 or 3 guys spamming raid forces at you?
>>
>>127436441
SP does have one critical function. IMO, before you consider sending a pretender into a multiplayer game, go into a single player game and make absolutely 100% certain you can expand. 12 Provinces by year 1, at least.

Not like the indies are any different in MP than in SP.
>>
>>127438883
If you have 2-3 guys spamming raiding forces at you, your issue isn't the raiding forces, its the gangbang.
>>
>>127436441
>1v1 me bro

Dominions is shit as a 1v1 game though. It's just about who rushes the hardest.
>>
>>127439213
but the AI always gangs up on me. The game doesn't appear to have any diplomacy functions and the only team game option forces you to play in disciples mode which forces you to pick compatible nations.
>>
>>127430943
Cool, would you want me to take the province to the south-west of snek to be handed over?
>>
>>127435762
>It's much more wiser to have 1 OP army and constantly building the 2nd one all the time.
If you send a super army at me it'll walk into RoS/Earthquake and die. Then you have nothing to fight with until your second army finishes building (and I can just do exactly the same thing to that army)

>>127438883
>But that requires at least 3 armies for every one of their raiding force, which leaves you with virtually no forces to do anything else.
Once you kill a raiding force, those 3 armies can move onto dealing with another raiding party.

>its a small stack of 10+ troops
That's an issue you solve with PD.

>What if he uses the opportunity to take out all your provinces in the meantime, or lay seige to one of your forts instead?
You don't send all your forces to siege his fort.

>>127439572
>but the AI always gangs up on me.
It may seem like that, but I'm fairly sure the AI attacks everyone around it indiscriminately, including other AI.

Humans obviously don't do that. Usually if you're fighting 2-3 players at once, it's because they consider you a big threat.
>>
>>127439572

Playing against the AI is completely dissimilar to playing against players. It's about 'walling off' with high PD and armies so the AIs trash units can't get 'in' to your lands.

Against players you have to actually use counter-raiding and take their forts while retaking with small forces or defensive movement traps or w/ever.

>>127439392

It isn't the same as playing a proper game of dom, but if you can't counter a rush, you're shit tier. Stopping double blessed jags as EA Ermor, or Vanhere as scales Fomoria (that one was in a duel), is something you need to be good at, too. Relying on gangbangs to solve your problems simply means you lack skill as a player.
>>
>>127440608
Except that's bullshit.

Yes, stopping rushes in an important skill, but it's not the only skill that matters. In a real MP game, rushing is a highly risky strategy, because even if you don't get countered it leaves you wide-open to backstabbing. Playing 1v1 reduces the entire game down to one shallow scenario and has just as little to do with actual multiplayer prowess as playing singleplayer.
>>
>>127440608
Any advice on how to stop a Xibalba rush, cause that's the one that gets me. Vanhere and Jaguars can be dealt with much more easily it seems than suddenly bats owning 90% of your provinces.
>>
>>127440608
>scales Fomoria
what kind of PG/scales setup are we talkin' here
>>
>>127441215
If Xibalba or Caelum lands on your capital before you have a second fort up and your expansion party can't beat them, it's 100% game over.
>>
File: RIP.png (269KB, 658x618px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
269KB, 658x618px
[Enrique:]
Go ahead just leave, can't hold you, you're free
You take all these things, if they mean so much to you
I gave you your dreams, 'cause you meant the world
So did I deserve to be left here hurt
You think I don't know you're out of control
I ended up finding all of this from my boys
Girl, you're stone cold, you say it ain't so,
You already know I'm not attached to material

I'd give it all up but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, I'm takin' back my love
I've given you too much but I'm takin' back my love
I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love, my love
My love..

[Ciara:]
Yeah
What did I do but give love to you
I'm just confused as I stand here and look at you
From head to feet, all that's not me
Go 'head, keep the keys, that's not what I need from you
You think that you know (I do), you've made yourself cold (Oh yeah)
How could you believe them over me, I'm your girl
You're out of control (So what?), how could you let go (Oh yeah)
Don't you know I'm not attached to material

[Both:]

[Enrique:]
So all this love I give you, take it away, (Unh, uh huh)
You think material's the reason I came, (Unh, uh huh)
Enrique:
If I had nothing would you want me to stay (Unh, uh huh)
You keep your money, take it all away

I'm takin' back my love, my love, my love.
>>
>>127442170
You are the proof that all Ermor-players are childish.
>>
>look at EA Ur
>Sirrush costs 200 gold

How the fuck is this worth 200 gold.
>>
>>127442464
It isn't
>>
>>127442170
Post the full report. I'm curious to see the full damage.
>>
>>127442170
>Not posting losses
Did you lose all your tribless sacreds?
>>
>>127440608
Do you mean that MP strategies to counter raiding dont work against the AI?
>>
>>127442491
Well someone evidently believed it is worth 200 gold for it to make it into the game.

How much do you think it should cost?
>>
File: ayyy lmao 19 losses.png (346KB, 682x793px) Image search: [Google]
ayyy lmao 19 losses.png
346KB, 682x793px
>>127442506
>>127442504
Wicked clowns never die, anons.

90 knights were on a well deserved vacation.
>>
>>127441107

A properly executed 'rush', which is a weaker tactic in dom4 anyway, happens during expansion, when people are busy.. expanding. You put the screws to your main target quickly enough that if someone intervenes, you have already wiped the majority of the target's land and units, and are ready to put your troops into the new target while leaving the old one with a small force on his forts.

That people call failed post expansion invasions 'rushes' doesn't make them rushes.

1v1 is as intricate as FFA, sometimes moreso, you simply have to clear a certain bar, which is the bar of thinking rushes are the be-all and end-all, and the bar of being able to counter rushes. If you can't clear that bar, i'm sure it does seem shit.

>>127441612

Don't have that pretender on this computer, and it was a while ago, but awake expander of some kind, money scales. Played footsie with my god, some raider nemedians, and his various vanhere for long enough to get tstrike out, broke his siege force with it (just tstrike, no storm), had a messy fight with the rest of his vanhere, took back half the map, and then played an exhilarating game of raider chicken until it came down to a midgame lightning duel we both committed to and that I won with evo baiting and skelespam, and a last minute batch of raiding that nearly turned the tables from him. Overall a good game.
>>
Does a horror marked unit (not commander) suffer any particular negatives?
Like they can't be assassinated/attacked, can they?
Is it just "horrors will favor them if they're on the field"?
>>
>>127443652
Yes, exactly as you said.
>>
>>127443232
>A properly executed 'rush', which is a weaker tactic in dom4 anyway, happens during expansion, when people are busy.. expanding.
I never implied otherwise. Regardless, this still leaves you highly vulnerable. You can't just assume everyone will leave you alone until your rush is done, especially not in a game where diplomacy is so important.

>You put the screws to your main target quickly enough that if someone intervenes, you have already wiped the majority of the target's land and units, and are ready to put your troops into the new target while leaving the old one with a small force on his forts.
Fighting two opponents, even if one of them is crippled, is still a bad situation in many cases. Especially since you're weakened from fighting the first opponent and from having to interrupt your own expansion.

>1v1 is as intricate as FFA, sometimes moreso, you simply have to clear a certain bar, which is the bar of thinking rushes are the be-all and end-all, and the bar of being able to counter rushes. If you can't clear that bar, i'm sure it does seem shit.
That's 100% bulshit again. 1v1 is dumb as fuck because you only have one goal: Wipe out the enemy before he wipes out you. Maybe on a huge map this means you can faff about and expand at leisure, but on a map that's actually scaled for two players this means you beeline for the opponent, hamstring his expansion, and either kill him right away or make sure he can never become a threat while you build up the forces necessary to kill him. There's absolutely nothing "intricate" about this.

Rushing isn't the end-all strategy and depending on matchups and positioning may not even be viable in regular games, but in 1v1 you're either rushing, counter-rushing when the enemy fucks up his own rush, or dead.

Even considering 1v1 as a reasonable way to play suggests you don't know shit about Dominions, and telling people who disagree with you to prove themselves in 1v1 is as juvenile as it is asinine.
>>
>>127443707
Ok, cool. Follow-up question, but this is related to modding, so:
Is there any way to make a unit automatically horrormarked upon recruitment?
I can do #tainted but that's % to horrormark every turn so it eventually gets really high or like nobody will be marked. On units that isn't a big deal since well whatever it makes them susceptible to on-field horrors, but on commanders that's a much bigger problem.
>>
>>127439894

I'd like to have it, but no bones to me who takes it. If you want to use snek for other things, that's totally fine, my guys will take it fairly soon. They are pretty okay against indies.
>>
>>127444137

It leaves you 'vulnerable' in that you have some kind of rush-capable troops, in earlygame, and will abandon mauling whoever you were mauling, and maul right back at whoever invaded you during expansion. You're less vulnerable than a regular nation during that relatively magic-less phase of the game, and it takes 3-4 turns to pull your troops out of someone and put them into someone else. You basically are talking like someone who is, again, thinking rushes happen on turn 12. Or turn 18.

Fighting an opponent who has invaded you when he doesn't have mage support, and can't rely on his god (your lands = enemy dom to him), and likely doesn't have rush troops (rushing a rusher is a risky gambit, if you have rush troops it's a lot safer to just hit someone who is weaker). Given that unless this person has timed things perfectly, the person you invaded has been weakened and mauled, you're fighting two people who are both at severe disadvantages (one attacking into your sacreds inside your dominion, one who has been mauled). This is not necessarily even a bad thing for you - guy number 2 wastes a bunch of units attacking you, then you just swarm into him and leave a small siege force on guy number 1's cap to stop breakouts.

> this means you beeline for the opponent, hamstring his expansion, and either kill him right away or make sure he can never become a threat

This is what Mict tried to do, and had his shit fucking handed to him by my god + PD + javelins. I proceeded to send some hastati over to clean up his provinces, he limped on for a while, and then was killed.

A better player wouldn't have 'beelined' towards me, and would have had a better chance at winning.

Overall you clearly think you're super gud, and that if you can't deal with a rush, no-one can. Further, you resort to ad hominem and name-calling instead of presenting any sort of argument. Enjoy your mediocrity, I guess.
>>
>>127445118
You can also do what I do when I'm rushed. Accept that, even if you survive, you have very little chance of winning, and do everything in your power to make the guy who rushed you lose.
A 2nd guy attacking a rusher might not work, so bring 2-3 additional people. Entice them with promises of a death basket and the truth - that you're fucked and only want to see your attacker get fucked too before you die.

Bane Venom charms, assassins when you have them, stack summons in your capital to make it take forever to siege+threaten a break out, etc.

You won't win, but hopefully you'll fuck your attacker in the ass.
>>
>>127445118
You've got some nice double standards there. It looks like you're assuming that if someone rushes you, you'll have good enough troops to counter a rush. But if you rush someone, that means nobody can beat your rushers. You're apparently arguing from the position that everyone except you is bad and nobody has good troops. That's ridiculous. And all the while you're still treating Dominions like a singleplayer game where diplomacy doesn't exist.

And if you think Mictlan is a good rushing nation you're a moron. They're terrible at rushing unless they have a very heavy bless, and even then they're barely mediocre compared to actual rushing nations. Mictlan is good because it can get a shitload of cheap, mediocre sacreds. Not because it actually has good troops. That gives it a solid midgame advantage when it can poop out more sacreds than anyone else, but in an early-game rush they're fucking awful. Beating a nation with no shields and no armor using a nation with solid medium infantry and plenty of ranged attacks is like beating a quadriplegic at a foot race. Sure you won, but bragging about it is just really pathetic.

>Overall you clearly think you're super gud, and that if you can't deal with a rush, no-one can.
Nice strawmanning there. Just because I say rushing is all that matters in 1v1 doesn't mean I can't beat it.

>Further, you resort to ad hominem and name-calling instead of presenting any sort of argument.
Oh, so just because I called an obvious retard a retard means you're going to ignore everything I typed? Real mature of you, chump. Stop getting triggered over me calling you out on your ignorant views, you oversensitive Nancy.
>>
>>127445118
>>127446190
Can both you autists fuck off, please? If you can't make your point in less than three lines of text don't bother fucking making it at all.
>>
>>127446636
Autism is the only thing keeping this general alive more often than not.
>>
How would you make the Sirrush good? Would giving it trample and swallow help? What about lowering the gold cost to something like 100?
>>
>>127447346
Removing the recruit limit would have to be step one IMO. The recruit limit is a shit mechanic on most units anyway.
>>
>>127447346
get rid of the StR on a fucking unit as well as the recruit limit, and dropping the price to no higher than a Niefel Giant.
>>
>>127447493
>>127448032
and leave everything else the same?
>>
>>127448919
It's not like they're a terrible unit. If they were cheaper and you could actually get a decent number of them they'd at least have a use as blockers/evo-catchers.
>>
>>127449102
so how cheap are we talking about here?
>>
Remember that Sirrushes have 80 base HP, Fear, 3 attacks (one with Death Poison), decent stats, is sacred and has easy/native Regeneration access with Enkidu Shaman when discussing price drops.

StR reclimit1 on a unit is annoying and not being a comm does limit its power, but, eh
>>
>>127437952
Sorry, you're simply wrong. For example, take your section on AI being "more aggresive" and having "better research." The AI is only more aggressive in the mindless sense. It won't conduct multiple coordinated attacks deep into your lines - it just pushes mindlessly. Nor does it have better research, and it certainly does't use that research effectively.
>>
>>127442682
>illwinter makes good balance decisions
lmao.
>>
>>127449581
Doesn't have to be much cheaper desu. You don't want to allow people to mass them. Something like 160 would be reasonable IMO. It means they can be used like Niefel Giants, which is pretty much the standard for big beefy sacreds IMO.

One problem I can see here though, is that making Sirrushes useful is essentially a buff to Ur, and Ur really doesn't need a buff that badly.
>>
>>127449984
Isn't poison pretty useless? The description in the manual makes its ound like it lasts 10 turns or more, which is god awful.
>>
>>127431173

Is sceleria even still around?
>>
>>127450663
It is, especially on a bigass unit that can only poison one person at a time, but in most cases is more likely to kill that same unit with a regular attack anyway.

In general, poison is only useful if you can fullfill two conditions:
>you can spread it fast enough to affect a large portion of the enemy army
>the fight lasts long enough for the poison to do its work
For this reason, poison is pretty good for a nation like MA C'tis, which can use Foul Vapors to affect a lot of units at once and draw out fights for a long time through skellyspam. But on a Sirrus, it's entirely useless except for some edge cases where they're fighting tough enemies like regenerating giants.
>>
C'tis, 28 is in my cap ring and I'll be moving troops there this turn, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't take it.
>>
File: research.jpg (48KB, 739x208px) Image search: [Google]
research.jpg
48KB, 739x208px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHkQY7BLIk

I'm gonna call this one a research victory. Let's say I launched a squid spaceship or something.
>>
>>127451974
Unless you launched it into the past, you're going to have a good time rewatching Evangelion for eternity. Get ready.
>>
>>127446190

I've killed giant rushers, and vanhere. I've killed WC, although those were hard. Sometimes you're fucked, with certain builds with certain nations vs certain rushes. But low level magic, counter-raiding, an awake god, the right flavour of PD along with national troops in the right formation, will deal with rushes. Like anything else, it comes down to the skill of the rusher and the rushee.

>Just because I say rushing is all that matters in 1v1 doesn't mean I can't beat it.

My personal bet is that you'll take the best rush nation you can find, a big bless, swing at the other player, and have zero plan if that fails.

Under those circumstances, yes, 1v1 is certainly quite boring. Either your rush succeeds, or it fails, and the game is over. Because you're a scrub who took a big bless and hung the entire game on it.

You have no argument at all, and you've backpedaled from your initial position that rushing is all that matters in 1v1 by saying that 'you can also beat rushing'. Your ad hominem doesn't change that you have made zero points other than 'HUR RUSHING STRONK' despite that I personally, and many other players, have beaten rushes without calling in a dogpile. Proof, anecdotal, lots of it, that rushing is not unbeatable and therefore 1v1 is not decided solely by who rushes hardest (which is your sole claim).
>>
>>127453475
Repeating over and over that someone has no arguments while simply ignoring their actual arguments and replacing them with your own "personal bets" doesn't make you right.

I hope you're having fun arguing with your own strawman.

Also, "rushing is all that matters" isn't the same as "rushing can't be beaten", you incometent moron. If you get rushed and win, you counter-rush and exploit the fact that the enemy most likely just lost most of his troops. This still means that rushing is all that matters, because the entire game is still decided by rushing. The fact that rushing can be beaten doesn't change that.

And claiming how you've beaten everything without a single shred of evidence to back it up is just really, really pathetic.
>>
The fuck are you two/whatever even arguing anymore
>>
A new player here (sunk only 20hrs so far). I am really fascinated with the idea of cool coalition armies, containing all different kinds of unit groups from different races/provinces.

Is there any faction where you can actually be efficient with that approach instead of relying on a (relatively) small pool of core faction units? What things should i be looking for and focusing at?
>>
>>127454342
the game is designed to prevent you from recruiting from other nations
>>
>>127454293
He thinks playing Dominions 1v1 is "more intricate" than playing it normally.

I think anyone who thinks that has to have some kind of mental defect.

Autism won't let either of us stop replying, because someone is being wrong on the internet.
>>
>>127454445
I meant the indie sites, many of which offer their own unique units.
>>
>>127454553
Most indies are garbage, and the actually good indies tend to be quite rare. It's not for nothing that "indie tier" is used to indicate nations with really basic troops.

It might be viable in singleplayer, but in multiplayer it's a death sentence.
>>
>>127454342

Try out the cataclysm mod. Seems exactly what you're looking for in terms of cool indy sites.

Otherwise, not really. Some nations, such as EA Ur and Sauromatia get some foreign recruit stuff, so you can get some cool stuff in indy provinces.
>>
>>127452291
D-does that at least include End of Evangelion?
>>
New thread when?
>>
NEW THREAD

>>127455931
>>127455931
>>127455931

NEW THREAD
>>
>>127455974
WEW LAD
>>
>>127454520

'as intricate', fuckface.

'Can be as intricate'.

Fucking strawman harder.

>>127454206

Basically it comes down to this.

You're demanding screenshots and turn files of games I don't have, and you're denying the anecdotal (and in some cases, video recorded and uploaded to youtube, although fuck you i'm not trawling through a million lps to find where) evidence that rushes can be defeated by non-rush nations.

You're also saying that any amount of back and forth, to and fro, tactic and countertactic, is all just 'a rush' in a 1v1. So back and forth and earlygame and midgame mean literally nothing to you - you've redefined any and all strategy and tactics that occur during the game to 'rushing'.

None of this is an argument. An argument involves a point of view that isn't just a puerile attempt to win by redefining the goalposts, meaning of words, asking your opponent to produce reams of evidence to back up commonly known facts.

None of these are arguments. They're logical fallacies. They are not an idea with some kind of evidence or reasoning behind it. Your argument, the sole one you've put, that I answered fucking posts ago, is 'rushing wins 1v1'. I countered that with 'well, rushing can be defeated, so it doesn't automatically win 1v1, and most good players won't just mindlessly rush, so there's a lot actual gameplay there, of the same type as in regular dominions games', and yet to hear any kind of reply to that. Just posturing, ad hominem, straw men, goalpost shifting, word redefining, and yet more bullshit from someone with a shitty argument who doesn't want to admit it.
Thread posts: 770
Thread images: 66

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.