[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/emugen/ - Emulation General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 759
Thread images: 75

File: Scanlines.png (1MB, 796x737px) Image search: [Google]
Scanlines.png
1MB, 796x737px
http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/

Read the General problems FAQ before posting. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

http://emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/General_problems_FAQ

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.
>>
>>127055715
We are discussing emulators like cultured gentlemen.
>>
>>127083596
That shader looks like shit pickles.
>>
something something RetroArch something something
>>
the command for stand alone is this:
mame64.exe pc9821 -ide:0 hdd -hard roms\nightslave.chd
>>
>>127083908
If SP owned a restaurant, would you eat there?
>>
>>127084198
Everyday until you liked it
>>
>>127084169
actually you can just use 'mame64.exe pc9821', load it, press scroll lock, then tab, open file manager, select hdd slot, search for the chd, load it and then reset. Still just get dumped in the bios. I'm guessing it's probably something wrong with the chd
>>
>>127084358
you need these two bios roms for it to work with the latest mame
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/2q0Mq55Y/file.html
http://www57.zippyshare.com/v/zrTADv9P/file.html
>>
>>127084169
Command line loading in libretro (with boot from CLI core option enabled) worked for me like this
>retroarch -L ".\cores\mame_libretro.dll" "mslug -rp D:\Games\Arcade"

So just do like that except put "pc9821 -ide:0 hdd -hard roms\nightslave.chd" in the last part and it probably should work.
>>
I know the rule is not to trust Emuparadise for PSX ISOs, but what about their set of PSX-on-PSP eboots? They seem pretty convenient. And PSP games are so small, I'm shocked.
>>
the machine will run with:

>retroarch -L cores\mame_libretro.dll "pc9821 -ide:0 hdd"

but it won't load the chd even if I do it manually or through the command line. Just says file not found.
>>
>>127087272
also it won't load with just "pc9821" even though stand alone will
>>
>>127087272

Add "-rp fullpath\to\MESS_ROMs" and also pass the full path to the CHD and see if that works
>>
>>127087869
now I get:

E:\Downloads\retroarch>retroarch -L cores\mame_libretro.dll "pc9821 -ide:0 hdd -
rp e:\downloads\retroarch\roms\ e:\downloads\retroarch\roms\nightslave.chd"

"e:\downloads\retroarch\roms\nightslave.chd" approximately matches the following

supported software items (best match first):
>>
>>127087396
It does for me if I do this

>C:\RetroArch>retroarch -L ".\cores\mame_libretro.dll" "pc9821 -rp D:\Games\MESS"

I put the those bios roms in the MESS folder. I don't have any chds to load right now though.
>>
>>127088264
http://www61.zippyshare.com/v/qJOyAgyP/file.html
>>
>>127084198
You wouldn't eat. First everyone would tell you that eating anywhere else is bad. Then when you finally go you notice the restaurant looks like it was decorated by a 3rd grader trying to emulate chuckecheese. The waiter squirts lemon juice in your eye so everything is now blurry as hell but its "how the chef intended for the food to be seen". You are told you have go to the kitchen to cook your own food because the food made today has bugs in it but that's ok for some people, they don't mind the bugs. By now you just say fuck it and go through the drive through at that burger place. Yeah they only serve burgers but at least you know what your getting and not buggy shit that looks like a pretentious 3rd grader made it.
>>
>>127088906
You sure seem a little upset about something..
>>
>>127089182
If you aren't mad you aren't emulating correctly.
>>
>>127088906
fuck your closed source burger joint.
>>
>>127088906
um yeah I'll take a medium emulator plz

-eye roll- We don't have "medium emulators" we serve "grande CORES" here
>>
>>127088906
>>127083908

I don't understand why people always shit on RA. I've literally never had a problem with it, and it wasn't difficult to set up at all
>>
>>127091817
wow

WOW
>>
File: weird.png (1MB, 1096x595px) Image search: [Google]
weird.png
1MB, 1096x595px
What the fuck is this horseshit, square-enix?
>>
>>127093719
The way the developers intended.
>>
why can I not find a proper digimon world to emulate reee
>>
>>127094450
Because you're a tard.
>>
>>127088209
Couldn't get it to load either. For some reason it is not passing the path to the hard drive chd correctly or something.
>>
Who isn't 2016 yet?
>>
>>127087186
Just use POPStation to create the eboots yourself from redump rips.

That or get the official ones from the PSN thread on pspiso.

I think no-intro catalogs those too actually.
>>
>mednafen-handy doesn't support header-less ROMs

Fucking why
>>
>2016
>not using G-Sync or FreeSync for emulation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CeZ0xbtfDo
>>
>>127100384
That should be a standard feature in new monitors.
>>
>>127083810
It's a real CRT.
>>
>>127089738
you'd prefer Soylent?
>>
Happy new year you crazy kids
>>
I wish retroarch has better MAME input support in the future.

If it did and if netplay ended up being good, you could update FightCade or make another client that uses it and it would get rid of a few problems some of the games have because they are running on old FBA with some hacked netplay shit that is never updated
>>
>>127091817

Its literally just one emudev (probably a mamedev, maybe the putin dicksucker in ukraineland) having sour grapes and constantly samefagging and shitstirring here.
>>
>>127100384
Excluding Games running at 55 hz or whatever (like MK) when something is really close to 60hz (like 59.43598347hz) why not just advance a single emulation frame based on the closest vsync of the local monitor?

So if the game runs at 59.9834 hz, you'd use a 60hz frame rate... the game would run almost imperceptably faster but who cares
>>
>now now, I cannot go unpunished you know either. I after-all insult people randomly every full moon or something, whiles other moments being completely rational and sane. I am also responsible for code crimes, which are far far worse than Mooch's dealings.

muddy, you should ask mooglyguy to hook you up with his BDSM master since last time I heard he was on the M side as well
>>
>>127108762
Yeah, that actually kind of annoyed me with the video but I didn't bother saying anything. He should have been clear that rate control was a thing and that it's a perfectly fine solution for games very near your monitor's refresh rate instead of trying to sensational it like that.
>>
>>127091817
>I've literally never had a problem with it
Well its stupid to think just because you've never had a problem with it that no one else has

People have had lots of complaints and criticism in general about retroarch and I think some of the general problems and attitudes RA had much earlier on have kind of stuck with it reputation wise.

RA has always been ugly as shit and before you didn't even have any options gui wise. Even ancient emulators like ZSNES had better guis (supported mice etc) and most people have come to expect that when you double click a windows exe you're not going to get something like RGUI

RA devs (probably SP, I don't know all of their names and shit) were sort of single track zealots. They dismissed the gui criticisms and were fanatic about things like copyleft and related licensing stuff. For awhile they literally had a manifesto on the libretro website that talked a whole lot of crazy shit regarding this. It made them come off as bitter and arrogant assholes that were very difficult to work with.

If you read the libretro forums today you'll see that some of the RA people (like Radius) still tend to be dickhats but in a much less intense capacity. In my opinion the general hard line assholery of early era RA has pretty much eroded (or is no longer visible)

So why does RA get all the hate? I think its because it was an ugly and hostile project earlier on and peoples experiences with it have kind of made them cynical about it.

Also there's the community. Today if you bring up any kind of problem or criticism of RA there's always a handful of asshats that will flip out and go to war with you. They don't act like any other normal software project would respond to criticisms or problems (just look through some emug threads for examples of this)

So poor history + dickbag community is why RA gets a hate.

I hope my issues with it both from a technical standpoint community standpoint will eventually go away.
>>
If you had to choose between ONLY stand alones (any ones though) or ONLY Retroarch (meaning no PS2/GCN/Wii/etc emulation) for emulation for the rest of your life, which would you pick?
>>
>>127109225
Retroarch

It's not like those systems are impossible to do in libretro.
>>
>>127109225
I guess RA because dolphin-libretro soon™ and PCSX2 is shit anyway and that way I could still play shit on my phone which is borderline impossible without RA.
>>
>>127108829
harhar. very funny.
>>
>>127109225
Personally I'd go with standalones

Standalones:
>maximum individual device support
>all options, debug versions, proper functionality for each standalone project as intended
>probably a much nicer ui for emulator functionality

RA:
>muh latency
>support for additional target platforms including weird shit like ps3 or wii ie wherever retroarch is ported to [not entirely true because the cores have to be ported too and this only works if they don't have any non-trivially resolvable platform deps]
>shaders (personally I could care less but for the autists out there)
>netplay (all cores not supported, but still very very cool)
>>
>>127109535
What cores don't work with netplay? I never knew about this.
>>
>>127109416
Hey mudlord what IRC client do you use?
>>
>>127109592
someone told me mame doesn't work with netplay because p2 inputs get fucked

then i read this
http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1738

really it seems like mame in general is not that great on RA
>>
>>127109620
hacked copy of monochrome.
>>
Do you think it would be possible for libretro devs to port MPV player (or libMPV) to retroarch?

https://mpv.io
>>
>>127110031
Ok might try it. I was using Hexchat but it crashes on windows if you use high DPI scaling.
>>
>>127110813
you wouldnt like my copy of monochrome, its hacked to block certain channels and berate me if i ever attempt to join then. i used it when i was avoiding all emulation places for that week or more.
>>
>You're a bit more retarded for running it in mednafen instead of an emulator that can actually improve it.

Those 240p backgrounds are not going anywhere. If Square kept the assets and released a true HD version of the game, then you'd have a point. No matter how HD you make the battles, the field version is still going to have 240p backgrounds. Shaders do a nice job improving that.
>>
File: 1369393714535[2].jpg (3MB, 2326x3101px) Image search: [Google]
1369393714535[2].jpg
3MB, 2326x3101px
Can the same number of lines be replicated in a shader?
>>
>>127111215
>outlining every single pixel with a black border
>nice job
>improving
>>
File: 1445974099187[2].jpg (4MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1445974099187[2].jpg
4MB, 3456x2592px
>>127111295

desu senpai this looks better
>>
>>127108761
>just one emudev

I've seen other people than myself criticizing RA so there are definitively more than one but keep beind delusional if that makes you feel better, SP loverboy.

>probably a mamedev
Nope. Try again.
>>
Let's vote for 2016 emu-related best projects.

My #1 choice: https://github.com/MoochMcGee/romswap
>>
>>127111314

It's a nice way to scale low resolution images for higher resolution by creating an optical illusion. The black lines vanish.

I don't think any shader can match a true shadow mask though. dem lines are super fine.
>>
File: 37.jpg (10KB, 219x221px) Image search: [Google]
37.jpg
10KB, 219x221px
Maybe I'm out of the loop, but this caught me by surprise. Apparently some Jap has put together a much-improved version of Yabause.

http://www.emucr.com/2015/12/yabause-devmiyax-git-20151229.html

On my machine (2500k @ 4.0GHz, GTX 970), I was able to get 60fps in every 2D game I tried, and 40-50fps in the 3D games I tried in software mode. If I switch to OpenGL, I get 60fps in everything, but there are graphical bugs, and there's no way to increase the size of the window without increasing the internal rendering resolution.

If someone is interested, could you try this emulator out and tell us what sort of performance you're getting? This seems really promising.
>>
>>127111840

https://github.com/devmiyax/yabause

He released source! Yabause is saved!
>>
>>127111840
Damn what's with all the new sega console emulators.
Next you're gonna tell me the GGPX guy is putting in 32x support because the WiiU finally is gonna have good homebrew capability.
>>
Is PCSXR the only PS1 emu that can over clock? I remember that MGS webm that was really impressive. Can it do 60fps?
>>
>>127111969
>32x support
would it use Picodrive considering Steve Snake's Fusion is closed source?
>>
>>127111840
Gonna give it a try.
>>
>>127091817
retroarch on android is almost impossible to use

some minor fixes lately but thousands of people are paying 5 fucking dollars for a gameboy emulator, along with many more paid emulators like the 6 buck DS emulator.

>Inb4 hurrr durrr gaming on mobile hahah

the only difference is that it has a touchscreen and network card, its still a powerful computer dipshit.
>>
>>127112649
>android input lag isn't a thing
>>
>>127112649
>its still a powerful computer dipshit.
>P4 tier performance clock to clock
>powerful computer
One of these things is not like the other.
>>
>>127111840
I can't get it to load a game. It always kicks me to the BIOS screen. I'm probably missing something. Does it accept disc images in only specific formats?
>>
>>127113061

It loaded every bin/cue I threw at it, but it wouldn't load the one .iso image I had. That's all I know.
>>
>>127113093
What bios file did you load into it?
>>
>>127113163

It worked without a BIOS, actually. I loaded the US 1.00 BIOS just to see if anything would be different, and the only difference was it played the Saturn start-up animation.
>>
>>127113219
Well, with or without one it does not load for me. I even tried mounting to virtual drive and it won't change a thing.
>>
>>127113442

What file format are your games? Where did you get them from?
>>
>>127113484
Multiple formats, mainly bin/cue and mdf/mds, all from emuparadise.
They work in MAME so even if they're shit dumps at least one should boot up.
>>
>>127113585

Strange. Did you change any other settings away from default?
>>
>>127113647
OK, a few games work if I set the number of threads to 4. It's weird since I have an i7 with 4 physical 8 logical cores.
>>
>>127113734

Is there a Saturn redump set?
>>
>>127093719
It's what the marked asked for. Normies won't ever notice the backgrounds.
>>
>>127113821
Yeah, I see posts about it occasionally, but I'm not interested in Saturn emulation so I don't want to get it.

Anyway, I tried Panzer Dragoon. It runs at 20-30 FPS (as reported by Fraps), but the frameskip is very good so it's still playable like that.
Game music seemed to not loop correctly. Also I doubt the horizon is supposed to be seen through the water like that.
I have an i7 860 (first generation, so not really representative of the emulator's performance) at 2.8GHz, R9 270X 4GB and 8GB of RAM. Win 7.

I'll see what other games I can get to work.
>>
>>127100987
I think it's part of the DisplayPort 1.3 standard
>>
>>127114132

>It runs at 20-30 FPS

Your screenshot says otherwise.
>>
>>127114238
Probably VPS vs actual FPS
>>
>>127100384
That was a very informative video. Thank you senpai.
>>
>>127114132
Whoops, I was running in Software mode there.
In OGL mode I get a much better framerate, 50+, average close to 55, there's no horizon bug, but the game is covered in vertical lines. They appear even in 640x480.
>>127114238
That's with frameskip.
>>
>>127108621
There's one guy working on a lightweight netplay solution that could work for big cores that PPSSPP and MAME.
>>
>>127109182
the license bullshit was brought up by gnutards that reported retroarch away from the app stores because ra was bundling the "non-free" cores with the main program. the radevs didn't give a shit about licensing until then.
>>
>>127114334
>>127111840
Other games I tried, I'll make comparisons with MAME because that's the other Saturn emulator I've tested:
Sexy Parodius - doesn't start. On MAME it starts but an allegedly known problem with sprites make it crash after a while.
Wipeout - doesn't start on either emulator.
Pandemonium - crash shortly after hitting new game, on MAME it works well, bad framerate.
Fighting Vipers - works fine, great framerate, no sound, no faces, This had the same exact problems on MAME, so either it's a shit dump, or those issues are shared.
Yakyuken Special Konya Ha 12 Kaisen (don't judge, it was the most downloaded rom, I swear) - bad screen tearing on movies, which also skip and have audio sync problems. On MAME movies play flawlessly, some sprites are garbage.

The perfmormance on a game that's action-intensive like Panzer Dragoon is looking promising, but overall even MAME seems better than this for now when it comes to reliability.
>>
>>127114275
>>127114238
Can devs start indicating what is VPS vs actual FPS please?
>>
>>127115369
VPS is vertical interrupt per second (I think), it's pretty much always 60 for NTSC and 50 for PAL and it just means the games runs just as fast as it did on the original hardware, actual FPS is what the game internally runs at, some emulator do show you that info, some other need a 3rd party tool like fraps to tell you that, some othe won't tell you at all.
>>
>>127115679
>it just means the games runs just as fast as it did on the original hardware
*provided the emulator is somewhat accurate of course (ZSNES, PCSXR and older version of Dolphin run faster than the actual console at 60VPS)

PCSX2 has that weird thing where if the thing causing slowdown on the real hardware was the GS it won't actually cause slowdown during emulation provided the bottleneck doesn't also come fro the EE on real hardware, so it behaves kinda like a PS2 with a stock EE but a GS with unlimited power.
>>
>>127115679
Yes, but this is the problem. Too many show VPS which only shows you if your PC is shit or not.
>>
>>127116069
They technically all show VPS by default, only exception I can think of is RPCS3 that seems to just report actual FPS.
>>
>>127116149
Dolphin reports both. I once had my VPS at 60 and ingame FPS was showing as something like 11-15. I still don't believe BG: Dark Alliance runs that bad on real hardware.
>>
>>127116273
Single digit FPS dips were somewhat common on 6th gen, mostly PS2 though.
>>
>>127115131
Would be interesting to see how those games fare in vanilla Yabause. Thanks for taking time to debunk it though. Saturn emulation's new magic bullet my ass.

>Yakyuken Special
We've all been there.
>>
>>127110751
Any specific functionality from mpv that is missing in the ffmpeg libretro core?
>>
>>127111969
>WiiU
>good homebrew capability

I would not have too much hope if I were you, gbatemp guy. 3DS homebrew did not really started until ctrulib got mature enough, which was long after first exploits were released.

Maybe in 2017.
>>
Does PCSX2 have per game configs for the keybinds?
>>
>>127117906
No seriously, I don't want to have another install just for playing MGS2/3.
>>
>>127118116
Backup your lilypad .ini file.
>>
>>127116974

>debunk

The fuck are you talking about? It runs everything significantly faster than regular Yabause.
>>
>>127118671

Which isn't much.
>>
>>127119078

What the fuck is your problem? Progress was made with an emulator, and we're discussing it. Nobody "debunked" anything. Are you some sort of SSF shill or something?
>>
>>127119576

Yes, I am a Japanese open-source hating cretin in full solidarity with my Ukrainainfag open-source hating brothers who are forced to suck Putin dick.
>>
https://github.com/mudlord/doomed-rubbish-project

what is this
>>
>>127120950

The name is rather explicit.
>>
>>127117592
Motion interpolation, nice upscaling filters, better colors, debanding, more customization, etc.

But I know most users don't care about MPV in retroarch or have any need demand for a libretto port. But it would be nice to use MPV with android.
>>
>>127112649
Retroarch really needs to bring back their old android interface from 1.0.1. Glui still doesn't feel as nice to use compared to the old android menu driver.
>>
>openemu shills are so desperate they're using bots for marketing
https://twitter.com/openemu/status/682659163336511488
>>
File: dXirgPP.jpg (673KB, 604x5433px) Image search: [Google]
dXirgPP.jpg
673KB, 604x5433px
>>127122270
>>
>>127121526

Libretro ffmpeg has at least a motion interpolation core option.

Regarding 'upscaling filters', 'better colors', 'debanding', I think all of that is probably frontend shader territory, no? RA should provide more customization there than other programs.
>>
Is MGS2 and 3 playable yet
>>
>>127122270
Why doesn't retroarch have a nice gui like openemu?
>>
>>127124207
>implying squarepusher isnt quite a nice gui
>>
>>127124207
Because it's made by people who think CLIs are still a viable HI type.
>>
File: zarch.png (67KB, 1282x1012px) Image search: [Google]
zarch.png
67KB, 1282x1012px
>>127124207
zarch is great and works beautifully with both the gamepad and the mouse but it's incomplete.

When it's more stable they should make it the default menu driver.
>>
>>127124719
Did you guys ask hrydgard for permission or did you just take it since there's no law against stealing GPL software?
>>
>>127124870
Who cares
>>
>>127124870
Code wasn't stolen, it's a recreation. It even has the zsnes snowflakes.
>>
>>127120950
mudlord working on another fantastic project but puts it down with his humble "negative" attitude.
>>
>>127124719
Are there about 4 settings in that settings menu? My guess is 7 at most
>>
>>127124870

Nobody has to ask permission for shit dude when no code is even being lifted. It's not like you can patent a bunch of colors and some UI palettes and shit.

You want to patent blue, darkblue and white or some shit dude? Go fuck off and die please. You remind me of patent trolls.
>>
So, is there a way to save the system date in reicast-libretro so it doesn't ask me every single time?
>>
>>127126716

Not yet.
>>
>>127126446
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colour_trademark
>>
>>127111635
Bruh, I just made that so I could byteswap roms for cen64.
>>
>>127120950
https://github.com/mudlord/doomed-rubbish-project/issues/1
>>
File: xP5Lo.gif (1016KB, 220x220px) Image search: [Google]
xP5Lo.gif
1016KB, 220x220px
>mfw somone added snow to zarch menu
>>
>>127131283
The question is: is it usable?
>>
>>127130137
He's just making fun of how this is the only emu project of yours that works senpai
>>
>>127131456
It functional but the settings menu is empty and you can't switch core.

SP's busy with Reicast right now.
>>
>>127131946
retroarch is a one man army?
>>
>>127109182
That dickbag community thing is mainly a 4chan phenomenon, like most dickbag communities. Everyone on 4chan is obsessed with proving their superiority over others with obsessive arguments.

There's not really much of that outside of 4chan.
>>
>>127131946
>but the settings menu is empty and you can't switch core.
So basically it's worthless
>>
>>127132159
Are you kidding? Do you come from Parallel Happy Internet of Love and Fun? That's almost every website I've seen. The comments in news websites or facebook or Gamefaqs or wherever.
>>
>>>/vr/2888256

The shitposters over on /vr/ are stomping around in a blind rage over RA once again
What a terrible fucking board
>>
File: Night_Slave_(PC-98)_01.png (9KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
Night_Slave_(PC-98)_01.png
9KB, 640x400px
Is the anon that tried to help me yesterday getting this to run here?

I saw this thread http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=103415#Post103415

Apparently this dude managed to get it to run, but how? Did he boot the .hdi file directly?

also, what's a softlist?
>>
Just got a decent stick, time for some mame.
Should stick with Retroarch in order to use shaders and keep input lag to a minimum, or does standalone mame support things like hard gpu sync?
>>
>>127134582

There's a guy on there who goes around accusing RPi, Mednafen, RetroArch, higan, or anything that's newish that's not part of the "old guard" of emulation of shilling. He's a well known psychopath around there at this point. Just report and ignore, because he'll never, ever stop.

I just gave OP the solution to his problem and then just got out of there.
>>
>>127134471
I'm talking about the "RA dickbag community". They only seem to occur on 4chan threads, all other forums don't have them like that.
>>
>>127132007
He's the only full-time dev. There's other ones that are part time but they seem to be focused on things other than that.
>>
>>127135416
RetroArch and MAME are about the same latency wise. RetroArch maybe less if you use frame delay, but GroovyMAME has that as well.

RetroArch has better shaders though. MAME has the HLSL CRT thing but I find it to be too blurry. I think you can put MAME into OpenGL mode now and use SDLMAME GLSL shaders, which CRT-Lottes or CRT-Geom are ported to its format, but I don't think it has anything like CRT-Royale.
>>
>>127134660
I can try and see if I get it to work on MAME.
>>
>>127136536
I'd stick with RA for now if it wasn't for somewhat tricky input setup, thanks so much for the info though, I'll give it a go and see how it turns out, CRT-Geom wasn't too bad last time I played with it.
>>
Would you use a CRT shader on a PS3 game?
>>
>>127134660
>>127136621
I need a link to the game though. It seems PC98 games are hella hard to find.
>>
File: RetroArch-1115-163929.png (108KB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-1115-163929.png
108KB, 2880x2160px
>>127137014
CRT shaders only serve to make things like this look "good"

PS3 outputs at HD quality so everything is mostly sharp already and not blocky at all. However, a real CRT running at 720p would still look better than an LCD running at 720p (native) unless it's some kind of OLED screen
>>
>>127137014
Only on an 8K screen.
Otherwise I'd just use Jinc or Super xBR for upscaling
>>
>>127137216
Nevermind, finally a Chinese site had it. I think this is the right one.
>>
>>127137341
The game is in .hdi format. You can use chdman that comes with MAME to convert it to .chd using the createhd command.
>>
>>127137329
>>127137014

It's just a nice way to upscale. A 720p image upscaled with a crt shader to 2160p or higher would be interesting.

HD content on CRTs are pretty interesting. The image is super sharp, but there's these little black grid like a screendoor on it that is noticeable if you get close.
>>
File: Sed_vs_CRT.jpg (11KB, 325x192px) Image search: [Google]
Sed_vs_CRT.jpg
11KB, 325x192px
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surface-conduction_electron-emitter_display

Reminder that we could have had thin "CRTs"
>>
Is the X432R fork of Desmume useable? or is it one of those snake oil forks.
>>
>>127134660
I wouldn't get your hopes up too much because it sounds like it isn't emulated very well.
>>
>>127137730
What do you mean? At the cost of HD? Somehow I think HD is superior.
>>
>>127137878
I know but now I want to know how to boot this thing for the future
>>
>>127137909

I am literally using an HD CRT as I type this.
>>
>>127137873
Hires rendering is in upstream now.
>>
>>127138001
Where can I get a 1080p CRT?
>>
>>127138129

Um, craigslist? I'm not really sure what you're asking.
>>
>>127138129

You don't want it. It has 480 as lowest resolution. And they weigh a lot, and use enough power to run a whole house.
>>
>>127138001
You mean you're using one of those 1080i TVs or just that you're using PC CRT displaying 1080p or more?
>>
>>127137445
What is a hdi anyway? I inserted it into the CDROM slot and it didn't whine about it, but I don't really know how to see if it's loaded or start it up.
Load " just makes the system do nothing, but that should be reading from floppy, not CD.
>>
File: file.png (186KB, 740x555px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
186KB, 740x555px
>>127138239

1920x1200@85Hz

Supports higher resolutions, too, at the cost of refresh rate.
>>
>>127137730
What would be cheaper on a mass scale, that or LCDs?
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 500x500px
I'm lookin to buy a cheapish but good enough arcade stick to use with mame and maybe some fightan from amazon uk and I found this mayflash one for 50 pounds. Anyone have any experience with it? Amazon reviews say it's good enough. The only other arcade stick available for my budget was called a universal fighting for 30 pounds but I'm afraid of the quality.

I don't know if I should post this here or on /fgg/, anyway if I get no replies I'll post there as well.
>>
>>127138384
hdi is a Hard Disk Image. All PC98 games come in this format, I believe. MAME support compressed hard disc images (chd)
>>
>>127138657
So, since you seem to already know all that, what's the problem you're having?
>>
>>127138481
I have that thing, it's putrid garbage. Only buy it as a base for modding with a real arcade stick and buttons.
>>
>>127138947
With retroarch if I load the chd after converting retroarch simply crashes
With standlaone MAME it takes me to the PC98 bios

That guy in that forum got it to run but i have no idea how. I don't have an account and I'm waiting for the admin to make my account live so I can't ask him.
>>
>>127139071
>retroarch simply crashes
This is a very common theme with RA since it has very little in the way of diagnostic troubleshooting messages
>>
>>127139329
Even if we take retroarch out of the equation I can't get it to work on MAME either
>>
>>127139040

Then what the fuck do I buy man?
The better arcade sticks are expensive as hell.
I'm not looking to spend more than 50 pounds on it, I just want a cheap stick.
>>
>>127139329
>RA since it has very little in the way of diagnostic troubleshooting messages

retroarch --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1

That will usually catch most of the errors.
MAME outputs its errors to the log.
>>
>>127139071
Yeah, I got where you are now. Still, there's gotta be a way to run a file somehow, but finding info about this computer is almost impossible.
There's also the problem that it crashes half the times I start or reboot the machine, so it's major being a pain in the ass.
>>
File: 0001.png (1KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
0001.png
1KB, 640x400px
You can try to use the nightslv.zip which is a compilation of fdi images but I just get dumped here.
>>
>>127139849
That didn't create any log file
>>
>>127140238
>>127139849
Nevermind, I had to cd to the directory first. Anyway, it only outputs the information in the debug windows when you boot retroarch_debug, nothing more.
>>
>>127140496
>Anyway, it only outputs the information in the debug windows when you boot retroarch_debug, nothing more.

Most of the time that's all that's needed, since MAME outputs errors to log. That line also outputs stderr so it might catch some errors that don't come through stdin.
>>
>>127139421

Pls help if you're still here.
>>
>>127138384
>>127138657
Those hdi and fdi dumps are retarded, they're basically already preinstalled games with an autorun file
PC98 is easily the worst preserved platform ever because at the time nobody ever bothered just making clean untouched dumps of the floppies
>>
>>127142146
They were mostly jap hikikomori neets that had the 3 PC98 computers there were ever sold that played this. It makes sense that games are so rare/badly preserved.
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-01 21-16-56-12.png (265KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-01 21-16-56-12.png
265KB, 1388x1042px
>>127140496
Sorry man, I give up. I have no idea what the commands of NEC BASIC are and can't find them.
I've tried a bunch of stuff I know from other systems and the furthest I got was a "Bad file name" when typing
>run"C:
which leads me to believe I was on the right track. However I have no way to know the file name, I've looked at the hard drive with a hex editor and couldn't spot any in plain text. It would all be so easy if I could only figure out how to cat. Or dir. Or ls.
>>
>>127142146
Do you by any means know how to get this to run on MAME/Retroarch?
>>
>>127136710
The keyboard mapping issue can be worked around.

http://pastie.org/10664434

Though unmapping the RetroPad bindings from keyboard means that you will need to use a joypad or mouse to navigate RA's menu.
RA hotkeys can still be triggered under this setup by holding scroll lock. This will remove all conflicts with MAME's keybinds.
>>
>>127137730
That's literally just an extremely convoluted way of reproducing the look of an OLED screen.
>>
>>127109182
use cli you shitter
>>
>>127124719
.cdi
dude get the shenmue undub in .gdi format lol
there's a thread at /vr/ with links yo
>>
>>127109535
>I could care less

Troglodyte.
>>
>>127142743
I was able to get to the PC98 BIOS by using boot to CLI core option but could not load the hard disk chd, it always says file not found.
>>
>>127142743
Did you manage to get any hdi/chd to run at all? I tried another one out of curiosity and got the same problem.
I'm wondering if this isn't maybe a regression and that guy who got it to work was using an older version.
>>
>>127143426
>undub

because reading subtitles is fun, right?
>>
>>127138386
same here(+ mitsu 2070sb which is even better for emulation)
have you tried any standalone emus to get 1:1 video output? I'm particularly interested in pcsx2 SW mode and ppsspp. Do these emus even support exclusive fullscreen?

Unrelated question:
How should I emulate DC - 240p or 480p?
>>
>>127144241
how can you stand that awful dub?
>>
>>127144241
More fun than shitty dubs.
>>
>>127144012
Didn't try anything. The thing is the every .chd is accompanied by a .zip in the rom folder according to this http://wiki.mamedev.org/index.php/FAQ:Setting_Up

So it goes like this:
ROMS\
- game.zip
- game\
- - game.chd

Night Slave is just a lonely chd. Maybe there's something else that's needed to do?
>>
>>127144257

>How should I emulate DC - 240p or 480p?

Almost every DC game supported 480p natively. Only a handful of Capcom arcade ports supported 240p.
>>
>>127144570
I think that's just for games that are runnable directly through MAME, not for files that you manually load into a system.
It shouldn't need anything else.
>>
>>127144890
Oh. I have no idea how to load the file to the system
>>
>>127143667
How? I have boot to cli option enabled and retroarch just closes
>>
>>127144453
>>127144491
>le epic dub meme

Then why are they bringing the same voices back to Shenmue 3?

>We have received many requests for the original cast to return and understand how important their connection is to the Shenmue community.
>>
>>127145194

See

>>127086441
>>127088264

Obviously, replace hard paths with whatever you use.
>>
>>127134346
>worthless
did you not see that has FUCKING SNOW?!?!?
it was a late christma present
>>
>>127142743
I only ever used neko project and anex, try those first. If it doesn't boot automatically right after mounting in those, it means the image is not bootable (aka has just the game files, no DOS). You need to boot into DOS first and then run the game from the command line.
>>
>>127145328
>Then why are they bringing the same voices back to Shenmue 3?

For the same reason why people like the original English SotN dubs - Nostalgia-faggotry
>>
>>127144976
What? In the menu, with the file manager. How have you been doing it so far, with the CLI? That's the same thing.
>>
File: RetroArch-0101-210617.png (793KB, 2670x2000px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0101-210617.png
793KB, 2670x2000px
>>127145431
Ah, got it running.
>>
>>127146184
I thought you were saying I had to load the image to the PC-9821 system using the basic command line of the system
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-01 22-10-42-80.png (2MB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-01 22-10-42-80.png
2MB, 1388x1042px
>>127146452
Ah no, I meant virtually physically inserting the device.
Anyway, I tried running a floppy game and it boots up correctly. I'm really thinking that there's something preventing MAME from booting up from the HD.

Look at that amazing resolution. How did Japan go from this back to 320x240?
>>
Hey /emugen/, I got me a copy of Threat, an oldass DOS game and am running it on dosbox. It's great, but it would be so much better with a mouse for turning. In game it supports a Joystick, but can I somehow use my mouse as a joystick?
>>
>>127147061
>Look at that amazing resolution. How did Japan go from this back to 320x240?

It's a desktop computer. It can handle it.

The only reason they did 320x240 is to save on processing power. And CRTs can only do 640x480 max anyways.
>>
>>127147497
CRT's will do whatever resolution the people making it want it to. Obviously a higher res is more expensive, but newer computers that came with a CRT were often made to run at 800x600 or 1024x768
>>
>>127147841
>CRT's will do whatever resolution the people making it want it to.

Bullshit nigga. Standard SD CRTs are 640x480 machines. CRT monitors are much higher resolution. LCDs and onwards are when standard TVs got higher resolution.
>>
>>127147497
>And CRTs can only do 640x480 max anyways.
That's 640x400 though. And it's a 16-bit system running a 10 year old OS, while the PSX was 32-bit.
I can understand the PSX having 320x240 for 3D games, but couldn't they have made it so it could also output full SD for 2D games?
>>127147841
There's a huge difference between CRT TVs and CRT monitors. Consoles were made for TVs, and nobody used an expensive computer monitors as a TV.
>>
>>127148134
you never said "SD"

also SD is 640x480i, and devs that make pixelart would never ever use an interlaced mode
>>
im a somewhat okay c++ dev

what would I have to do to get netplay working with mame through retroarch?
>>
>>127148521
Implement serialization of savestates in the libretro layer.

That's probably not trivial with MAME, though I could be wrong. It will probably be driver dependent.

Also, rollback netplay needs determinism to ensure that the two instances of a core don't go out of sync because they suddenly diverged randomly. I don't know how deterministic MAME is, it might be driver dependent too.
>>
>>127149117
>Implement serialization of savestates in the libretro layer
What do save states have to do with netplay?

>Also, rollback netplay needs determinism to ensure that the two instances of a core don't go out of sync because they suddenly diverged randomly. I don't know how deterministic MAME is
Alright I'll investigate that
>>
>>127149564
Savestates need to be serialized so it can save a savestate for each frame, which allows for synchronization between two separate instances over the network or internet by rolling back when needed. It will appear less laggy than other methods, but it will need good CPU power (much like per-frame rewind).

Streaming netplay where inputs, audio, and raw framebuffer are streamed over the network might be an alternative that's more compatible, but will be more affected by network lag and bandwidth.
>>
>Legacy of Kain collection on steam for 5 bucks
>but not the fucking FIRST game of course
I want to play these games but since they're all emulatable I'm not sure if it's worth it since it's missing a game?
>>
>>127151350

Emulate the first one and if you like it maybe buy the collection during the next sale? It's not like it's going anywhere...
>>
>>127152925
Well, it's supposed to be way different than the later games, BO1 is an arpg, the rest are platformers with rpg elements.
>>
File: 0002.png (43KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
0002.png
43KB, 640x400px
I can get this working but not nightslave. Somebody use this zip with fdi images and make it work.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/rDiRIqQU/file.html
>>
>getting tired of manually downloading games for mame
>find a torrent on emuparadise which I assume has all the games in it
>it's fucking 50 gb

It's also downloading slow as fuck for some reason despite a lot of seeds. Anyway, it's worth it. It will be done by the time my arcade stick arrives. Boy I can't wait.
>>
>>127147061
What's the shader?
>>
>>127155685

Stop. That set is probably old as shit and is unlikely to work with your version of MAME. Download the most recent set from archive.org and install the appropriate version of MAME.
>>
>>127155829

a mame shader setting at non-integer resolution
>>
>>127148350
480p isn't SD?
>>
>>127155975
480p is "enhanced definition", not "standard definition"

when 480p TV's first happened, it was like HD
>>
>>127155846

It's for a few versions prior to mine.
But it has packs to update it for latest version so it's fine.
>>
I'm getting conflicting reports of MAME and netplay. Some people say it connects fine but its just the inputs that are screwed up
>>
>>127155829
HLSL
>>
>>127157896
HLSL is the name of the directx shader language...

I assume you mean mame HLSL?
>>
>>127155047
>Boot whatever game that boots
>Exit to DOS immediately
>Swap disk to the other one that doesn't boot by itself
>Run whatever exe is on the disk
>>
>>127158538
Yes
>>127158707
>Run whatever exe is on the disk
That's the problem. What's the command to run a file, or more importantly to view the contents of a drive? The system doesn't run MSDOS, it has NEC BASIC, so you can't just call an exe and run it.
After some experimenting I found that run"C: seems to be the right command, but I'm still missing whatever should come after that.
Also,
>Swap disk to the other one
the ones that work are on floppies, while the ones that don't autoboot are on hard drive images.
>>
>>127160268
Tried exiting the BASIC editor? Find a different game that boots and exits to DOS.
>>
>>127144801
And those few titles that supported 240p are better off emulated through FBA. Unless you want any console-exclusive extras, I suppose.
>>
http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=103415&page=3

> You need to install/hot-swap* DOS 6.22, then use hdinst.exe inside Night Slave disk 1. If somebody wants to do a full tutorial about how to install stuff on pc98xx be my guest.

> * Hot-swapping: run MS-DOS disk 1, wait until it prompts you to install DOS on a disk, press ESC in FULL keyboard mode then ENTER at はい for はい / いいえ (Yes/No).
(now at pc98xx prompt): change disk A into <select_your_game_running_only_on_dos> disk A, "dir *.exe" or "dir *.bat" for a list of executable commands. For Night Slave, hdinst.exe is the installer, nsg.exe is likely raw executable but it fails if not from HDD apparently.

Well this sounds extremely complicated
>>
>>127155047
Where did you find this? planetemu doesn't have it
>>
>>127161659
pleasuredome mame software list roms
>>
I read a post on reddit where some guy proclaimed MAME was better than RA and has a similar AIO thing going on.

So why didn't the libretro devs just use that instead of making their own project?
>>
>>127161856
> free emails don't work

Well, fuck my ass then...
>>
>>127150042
>but will be more affected by network lag and bandwidth.

Could you explain why? I would have thought network lag would be more noticeable if you are transfering 200 kB of savestate data on each frame rather than just one or two bytes with only input data.

I can understand why exchanging whole emulation state solves synchronization issues caused by netplay but lag?
>>
>>127160671
When I exit a game it tells me
>MAC.EXE removed
>disk wo nuite, reset shite kudasai
I don't know what "nuite" means, but the jist of it is "there's no disk, please reset".
>Tried exiting the BASIC editor
Don't know how. exit doesn't work.

I think that the system doesn't come with DOS installed.

>>127161223
Looking into this.
>>
>>127161856
Is it a software list for 0.169?

Archive.org has one for 0.161 but doesn't include nightslv

https://ia800506.us.archive.org/tarview.php?tar=/10/items/MAME_0_161_ROMs/MAME_0.161_ROMs.tar/
>>
>>127161861

LOL, because it doesnt.

Anybody with eyes to see and ears to hear can tell that.

MAMEdev doesnt, then again these are dumb village idiots that thouht at MAME 0.78 being slower than currentday MAME was an 'urban myth'.

It is simply a joke project now ran by stupid people. Stupid people in fact who keep the good stuff tp themselves apparently in closed source codebases (like Elsemi with Model 2 and Demul guy with DEmul, Makaron too). And MAMEdev just takes it up the ass apparently and accepts whatever scraps they get given by these DC emu faggots.
>>
>>127162737
I meant more like instead of starting RA, why not just use the MAME code base back then and port things to MAME instead?

It makes no difference is some devs kept their shit closed source; people are already asking about closed source RA cores.
>>
>>127162951

Hahahaahahahahahahaa.

did you ever try compiling MAME?

It is crappy amateur code that nobody should ever want to touch with a ten foot pole. Id rather set myself on fire than to suffer through that garbage.
>>
Is there a guide on how to set up retroarch paths? Like I just want everything to be in one directory and I dont want RA to create a bunch of random directories all over my computer
>>
>>127163068
Since you seem to be knowledgable and I am currently learning emu programming, could you link to something you consider to be good non-amateur code? Thanx
>>
>>127161223
Alright, the only DOS I managed to dig up is 3.3D, but that shouldn't matter too much. I managed to essentially get where he wanted me to get and have access to a proper DOS prompt. However, when I try to open the hard drive it just tells me it isn't there.
Now I'm apparently trying to install DOS on that hard drive. It won't help if I do, but at least that will tell me that MAME does see and can work on the disk.
>>
>>127164246

Not MAME, that is for sure.
Backend wise it is MAME, can't do with it, can't do without it, so it's a necessary evil. Arcade wise of course it is the only game in town.

Frontend-wise, pure garbage. It is almost offensively bad even, and it just keeps getting worse each year. I don't think you'll find anybody applauding that particular aspect of the program. Even the build system is appalingly bad. It just oozes badness from A to Z.

Game console-wise, well, rather a waste of time. A Commodore 64 requires a Core i5, SNES is still not at the level of bsnes and has heavier system requirements still, any 3D-based game console of course will be a total joke as long as there are no 3D rendering codepaths.

Maybe for certain neglected platforms like Jaguar or Saturn it might fill a niche since the alternative standalone emus are that bad, but on average, standalone console emulators are nearly always better than whatever MAME provides.
>>
>>127164247
Are you using the HDI or the FDI files?
>>
>>127164609
MAME's PSX is better than ePSXe on Windows, and Saturn is a little better than Yabause. Also, I never had any issues with the frontend. N64 is more compatible than CEN64 with the same amount of accuracy. Also, C64 needs the highest accuracy to be usable, considering all the weird-ass tricks you can pull on that hardware. Granted, MAME's C64 emulation is inaccurate, but still.
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 01-25-31-79.png (231KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 01-25-31-79.png
231KB, 1388x1042px
Something appears to have gone awry when installing.
>>127165018
For the DOS? I found them in hdm format. Can't be choosie when it's literally the only one that was around, but it certainly works well.
The game was hdi format that I converted to chd.
>>
>>127165259
>The game was hdi format that I converted to chd.
Don't.

http://forums.bannister.org/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=103415&page=3

> This won't work, chdman only supports raw hard drive images. HDI is an emulator format with headers etc. that chdman is not expecting.
>>
>>127164609
Sorry, I wasn't expecting a MAME review but just some repository links with good non-amateur code to look as reference.
>>
>>127165259
Man I really like this shader. Does it have a name?
>>
>>127164609
Basically mame is a jack of all trades master of literally nothing

Does saturn run fine on MAME compared to yabause for instance?
>>
>>127165214

PSX on MAME is still shit compared to Mednafen PSX.

And it will never be able to do hardware accelerated 3D anyway with the current codebase, so Rustation still has that field to itself.

Honestly, outside of arcade, it's rather pointless. And even for arcade, it is too slow to be usable for Naomi, Model 2, Model 3, and a bunch of other stuff. And the contributors are poisonous shills who just create closed-source' nice' arcade emulators and they never share that with MAME or turn it into something so that MAME could compete with those.

Trying to run 3D rasterizers in software is a fool's errand.
>>
>>127165660

Neither Saturn MAME or Yabause run fine compared to SSF. It is still night and day.
>>
>>127165325
Well, then what then? MAME won't accept hdis. If the file can't be converted to something it will eat, there's no way to make it work.
>>
>>127161861

Fun fact: you can only get current-day MAME on Android through RetroArch.

I bet they love that particular detail :)

Byuu with bsnes too :)
>>
>>127166119
install it manually
>>
>>127166119
MAME won't, but won't the PC98 bios?
>>
>>127166386
Install what manually?
>>127166512
Maybe, I don't know. I have no idea how I could pass it the file. It's supposed to be a HD image, so the system should see it as something physical, not a single file.
>>
>>127166964
the game
>>
>>127167201
But that's the problem. The only copy of the game I have is in a format that's not compatible. To be able to install it I should have the floppies, but if I had those I'd be able to just run the game from them anyway.
>>
>>127167406
I posted the floppies.

http://www45.zippyshare.com/v/rDiRIqQU/file.html

The game won't run from them. You have to install them
>>
>>127167520
I thought that was Macross 3.
>>
>>127167628
we're trying to get night slave working not macross
>>
>>127167790
Yeah, but look at the post with the link >>127155047
I glanced at it and thought you were posting the fdis of Macross 3.

Anyway, this would be easier if it didn't crash 4/5 times I reset the machine.
>>
>>127163237
Create folders where you want them
Then go to Settings>Directory and set the paths to point to those folder

These are the paths I use. Everything here is relative to the retroarch executable.

http://pastie.org/10664775
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 02-33-43-60.png (135KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 02-33-43-60.png
135KB, 1388x1042px
>>127167790
I've run into this error when trying to install.
I can't decode the second kanji, so I don't know what it's saying.
>>
>>127109182
I actually like the RGUI and GLUI menu drivers (I prefer glui though).

I don't like fancy animated bullshit. I like that it's just a simple list that I can bring up with my controller's home button and easily change options without dicking around
>>
>>127161861
link to this post?
>>
>>127118237
There aren't any "seamless" ways of achieving the same result?
>>
>>127173848
PCSX2 bonus.
A .bat that renames the .ini to the one you wants then launches PCSX2 then reverts everything once you're done.
>>
File: fuck.png (49KB, 220x282px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.png
49KB, 220x282px
How do I use higan for famicom? I have .nes file and I've bee looking all over the internet but there's nothing. I'm on windows btw
>>
>>127139849
>retroarch --menu --verbose >> log.txt 2>&1
Why doesn't RA automatically create something like this when it crashes?
>>
>>127174809
>How do I use higan for famicom?

Don't bother, it's shit

Use puNES if you want maximum accuhurtz
>>
Just picked up dolphin emulator cause I found out my gf's PS4 controller can be used with it. What are your top 3 GOAT gamecube games? (or wii games that can easily be played without getting cucked into using my analog stick as motion controls)
>>
>>127174884
isn't Nestopia UE the most accurate?
>>
>>127175103
http://tasvideos.org/EmulatorResources/NESAccuracyTests.html
>>
>>127175176
>Nestopia version used in tests: 1.40 overlay H.

That's the old version of Nestopia that was last updated by the original author.

Nestopia UE is a fork that's been updated.
>>
>>127175346
No it's not

https://github.com/rdanbrook/nestopia/issues/119
>>
>>127175176
>>127175346
Yea, that doesn't seem to have nestopia ue
>>
>>127175434
that's not nestopia ue, this is https://github.com/libretro/nestopia/
>>
>>127175446

see >>127175434

NestopiaUE IS the latest version of Nestopia
>>
File: 1406045927400663879.gif (903KB, 242x190px) Image search: [Google]
1406045927400663879.gif
903KB, 242x190px
>>127175565

Now you're just playing dumb
>>
>>127175590
>>127175434
Either way the current nestopia ue version avaiable, at least in retroarch, is 1.47-WIP

That page is several versions outdated
>>
>>127175176
Famtasia 5 1 0 3 1 0 10 6.3%

Now I really want to try this emulator. Does it even play any games?
>>
File: 1446412026639.png (611KB, 780x720px) Image search: [Google]
1446412026639.png
611KB, 780x720px
>>127175779
>>127175590
>>127175565
>>127175446
>>127175346
>all those libretro shills in denial

puNES is the new king of NES emulation, deal with it
>>
>>127161943
The weird thing is...what if ISPs stop giving out emails and just assume everyone will use a free one? Whole peoples are locked out from a site
>>
>>127170865
well???
>>
>>127176004

It's one of the very first emulators used for TASing.

Also, they've managed to loose the fucking source code.
>>
>>127176159
Find me DOS 6.22. I can't.
>>
>>127176504
>DOS 6.22
http://www.instructables.com/id/How-To-Install-DOS-622-Under-VirtualBox/step2/Step-2-Download-DOS-622/

?
>>
>>127176504
>>127177271
http://www.allbootdisks.com/download/iso.html

Here's an iso
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 03-47-56-73.png (505KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 03-47-56-73.png
505KB, 1388x1042px
>>127177271
That's for IBM PC. We need the PC98 version.
Also, do you speak moonspeak?
>>
>>127177429
http://www.jcec.co.uk/dos_disk.zip

Is it this?
>>
>>127177757
Possibly, yes. I'll finish figuring out what that menu is and then try it.
>>
>>127168086
Jesus why is RA such a pain to setup
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-03-48-42.png (277KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-03-48-42.png
277KB, 1388x1042px
>>127177757
I don't know what it is you found. I'm scared.
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-06-39-98.png (517KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-06-39-98.png
517KB, 1388x1042px
>>127177757
>>127178875
The good news is that I can actually start the game's installation.
The bad news is that I'm facing a flood of moonrunes.
>>
>>127178836
>>
>>127164609
>A Commodore 64 requires a Core i5
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-28-27-07.png (727KB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-28-27-07.png
727KB, 1388x1042px
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH
ITS LIKE LOSING MY VIRGINITY ALL OVER AGAIN
FUCK
>>
>>127111394
That's literally PPSSPP with xBRZ on a CRT. Whether you enable the filter or not, PPSSPP reverts to some form of xBRZ regardless. 2D games are nearly unplayable because of this.
>>
>>127166320
>current-day MAME on Android
Why would you care? I doubt any Android device can run more than a cash register on MAME.
>>
>>127175990
puNES is closed source which means it doesn't exist
>>
>>127178836
Because it was designed by an engineer rather than a normal human.
>>
>>127179215
>pull source
>compile
>install
>wants to install shit to /etc/, requires root
>let me setup the paths by opening up retroarch.cfg oh wait it doesn't exist yet
>so I have to start the application, let it create retroarch.cfg and a bunch of folders wherever the fuck it wants on my system instead of in its own directory, THEN I need to change all the paths using the config file but wait now can I move the config file holy fuck why is this so horrible
>>
>>127181579
please don't say that, I'm an engineer and I would never dev something with such a horrible user experience
>>
>>127181417
https://github.com/punesemu/puNES
>>
>>127181117
HOW!
>>
>>127181843
You would create something that has a good experience for you and an horrible experience for another group of people, there is literally no way to make a GUI that would please everyone.
>>
File: Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-34-55-06.png (1MB, 1388x1042px) Image search: [Google]
Mameui64 2016-01-02 04-34-55-06.png
1MB, 1388x1042px
>>127182236
I had to copy every file from all of the 10 floppies over to the hard drive manually.
The installation kept telling me to start it from the hard disk. I couldn't figure out what it meant and what it wanted.
Starting the game from the first floppy worked, but after a short loading time it told me to insert the disk and press a key. It didn't say which disk out of the other 9. I tried several, nothing happened.
In the end I caved and did the manual copy one by one, then started the game again with NS and this time it didn't have to ask me to switch disks.
>>
>>127181714
>create retroarch.cfg and a bunch of folders wherever the fuck it wants on my system instead of in its own directory, THEN I need to change all the paths using the config file but wait now can I move the config file holy fuck why is this so horrible

Welcome to Linux
>>
>>127182363
I was talking about the stupid config shit
Even ignoring the terrible gui, see this fucking nonsense:
>>127181714

The only way you think "hey let me require root to install my application" is if you have ZERO consideration of any users

Its fucking moronic
>>
>>127182725
So you didn't manage to get the HDI file running? Seems like an easier solution
>>
>>127182725
Man you need to create a tutorial on how to do this.

Once you get pc9821 running on mame how do you even access the files on your computer?
>>
>>127182363
>there is literally no way to make a GUI that would please everyone.
There is a way to make a GUI to please the majority of people though.
>>
>>127182867
hdi was always the solution
>>
>>127182867
Nope. Thanks for mentioning the fact that it was a hollow victory.
I managed to fix the header so that I could convert it to CHD and get it to at least load in the system, and that's where the menu at >>127177429 comes in. I couldn't figure out what that crap is. Either way, even though it did that, when trying to open the hard disk in DOS it wouldn't work, so I really don't understand it.
>>
>>127183181
But didn't you use the 10 fdi files instead of the hdi?
>>
>>127182808
>Welcome to Linux
There's no obligation for retroarch to follow XDG or whatever fucking retarded standard likes to throw random trash all over the desktop. RA could actually respect the configure prefix instead of dumping a bunch of shit in .config/retroarch but then installing retroarch.cfg in /etc/

At that point why are you even giving me the option to install RA where I want? Just install it wherever the fuck you want. Might as well install it in /usr/bin or do whatever else the fuck you want
>>
>>127183253
>I managed to fix the header so that I could convert it to CHD
That guy on the forum didn't seem to have done anything of the sort
>>
>>127183296
It's open-source, feel free to send in a pull.
>>
>>127183393
It doesn't help anyway.
>>127183125
Hit scroll lock to enable MAME UI controls, hit Tab, go to File manager, load a floppy or hard drive accordingly.
To actually write file to a hard drive you first need to create a new one with chdman, then format it with DOS. At that point you're able to write files to it. Then it's standard DOS commands (except that in Japan they use the Yen symbol instead of backslash).

Anyway, this thing of the hdi still bugs me, but I need to take a break for now. I'm starting to see scanlined moonrunes wherever I look.
>>
>>127183639
>It's open-source, feel free to send in a pull.
Maybe that's why RA devs are such open source freaks, so they can just use this as a response to anything
>>
>>127183791
Yea and it's 4am here and i'm going to bed.

So the chd you created didn't quite work? If it did please upload it somewhere (zyppyshare is usually fast)
>>
>>127152925
>Emulate the first one
Why. The load times are fucking atrocious, might as well play it on PC.
>>
>>127184084
Well given that like 3 people work on RA and most are not concerned with the main concerns of typical users, yeah that works really well for them.
>>
>>127184110
I can upload the disk with Night Slave installed, sure. It's 11MB so it's gonna take a while though.
If you meant the chd with the fixed header, I don't see much point.
>>
>>127184412
>11MB so it's gonna take a while
??? the fuck
>>
>>127184475
DSL probably.
>>
>>127183296
>>127182812

Why don't you go on IRC and tell Twinaphex how much you hate everything?

Nobody here cares about Linux, but he does.
>>
>>127184475
Upload is shit.
It will be here when it's done. https://www.dropbox.com/s/n6s2f36lnwg1hu1/nsl3.chd?dl=0
About 10 more minutes will do.
You also need to use that DOS 6.2 for it to work. Load it up in the first floppy. When it's finished press Q to exit to DOS prompt, then go to c:\nightslv and run NS.exe
>>
>>127184795
um even at 56k it would take like a half hour
>>
>>127184853
>Nobody here cares about Linux, but he does
Right, the only thing anyone here cares about is sniffing RA dev gooch
>>
>>127178836

What's painful about that? I set all those up in about 5 minutes last time I did it.
>>
>>127184904
>even at 56k it would take like a half hour
45 minutes provided you keep the maxrate stable throughout, so likely an hour or so.
>>
>>127184918

Yeah, because people who don't care about Linux, who aren't developers, are going to fix everything for you.

Seriously, go to their IRC or forum and ask for support instead of asking a bunch of Windows users on here.
>>
>>127185012
it doesn't work on linux
>no way to set where retroarch.cfg is and installs a system-wide retroarch.cfg in a write protected dir requiring root for no fucking reason
>will automatically create ANOTHER user specific retroarch.cfg including every single directory in ~/.config/retroarch
>open up retroarch.cfg, edit every single path ONE BY ONE, they aren't even all listed sequentially
>close retroarch.cfg, delete old folders
>open retroarch, ignores new paths, recreates all directories in the same location

How about simply testing something you write before committing it? For all the evangelizing these devs do about shitty code quality and going full autism with literally every detail how about fucking testing sth before pushing it
>>
>>127148521
Ask ctult, he's working on netplay.
>>
More Turtle comments.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/3yy5e8/vgturtle127_has_nda_docs/
>>
>>127187841
>didn't feel like doing my 5AM to 5PM constant research and coding stints that I do for emulation and preservation sometimes.

Does he mean the ones where he painstakingly removes all the comments saying who wrote what and then publishes the results on github?
>>
How the fuck do I set the Content directory in retroarch
>>
>>127188509
>content_directory
>just read the retroarch.cfg file
>no of course you can't set it with RGUI
>no of course the commented retroarch.cfg isn't copied anywhere when you install, you just have to magically know it fucking exists
>>
>>127188509
I'm not sure that one is used anymore. It might have been used by Lakka before playlists were implmented.

File browser dir is the one you should bother to set.
>>
>Error: attempt to free untracked memory 0xc177ac0 in (null)(0)!
>Ignoring MAME exception: Error: attempt to free untracked memory

QUALITY
U
A
L
I
T
Y
>>
>>127188787
RetroArch is a community-focused front end. To that end, it makes things unclear so that people will ask questions and a community will form around it. If the program was straightforward, no community would ever form. Be grateful that SP in his wisdom decided to make RetroArch so full of problems so that there would be questions for people to answer.
>>
>>127189023
Would be nice if they updated the commented skeleton retroarch.cfg to reflect this
>>
>>127189532

Does Final Fantasy X emulate well?

I've got the itch to play it again
>>
>>127188787
>no of course the commented retroarch.cfg isn't copied anywhere when you install, you just have to magically know it fucking exists

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/libretro/RetroArch/master/retroarch.cfg
>>
Starting the new year off right adding 40TB to my NAS for emulation stuff. Ps3 games have been taking up a ridiculous amount of space.
>>
>>127189962
Did you not read the comment? How should your typical user know to look for that file in the first place? And that its actually different from the file that retroarch copies when it installs something?

Because the one thats copied doesn't have any fucking comments. That file is also outdated and has parameters that are no longer used

Another thing
Why does RA feel the need to reconfigure everything for every core? Why does it have to use its own directories and paths that don't make any sense or aren't even created right?

Like for MAME, you usually have a system dir with cfg, nvram etc etc

None of that shit exists on RA. Who knows what the fuck it does but its just not there

What's the point of changing this like this? Who does it actually help? It does nothing but create confusion

Now I have to figure out how original MAME directories map to whatever RA has currently decided on (which will probably change the next release too)

Its all so fucking terrible. Like ruining things for no real rhyme or reason, just because you want to mark your territory and do it 'your way'
>>
>>127190536
damn dude somebody just manually copied over some shitty pc98 game in mame and your bittching about this stupid ass retorarch shit?
>>
Whats the current state of libretro reicast? Last I tried it sounds were either missing or messed up and graphics were ok but not that great.
>>
>>127191192
GL state changes need to be improved or worked on. Standalone reicast didnt have that problem since reicast standalone didnt have to render to a FBO. Might help if reicast rendered everything to a FBO in the first place, like if SMAA or FXAA is implemented. Or if the code was sane in the first place.
>>
>>127192609
Going on from there, with FBOs you need to be careful since everything in glBindFramebuffer has its own state, since OpenGL considers FBOs a separate rendering instance than the main backbuffer. Hence the need to cache states if you leave the FBO.
>>
>>127190536
>Like for MAME, you usually have a system dir with cfg, nvram etc etc

Try creating the system/mame/ directory in /retroarch. There's no docs and the forum posts are just the RA devs replying 'idunno lol'. I've gotten it working before by just making different dirs and copying cheats.7z fucking everywhere with no idea of what works and what doesn't
>>
>>127123213
No all those options already come built end with MPV.
>>
>>127193115

There was some documentation on MAME paths in the old MAME repo

https://github.com/twinaphex/libretro-mame/blob/master/README.md
>>
Is there a way to enable debug / additional output in retroarch?
>>
>>127190536
MAME having extra directories at all is an exception to the rule and not the norm. Cores are meant to be self contained and go through the frontend for all files.

You're making this out to be WAY harder than it actually is to be honest. Maybe you should go do something else if you can't figure it out. I'm almost tempted to install Arch Linux and see how hard this actually is.
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-001232.png (17KB, 512x448px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-001232.png
17KB, 512x448px
oh god

I though it was finally over but it keeps going.
>>
What is the most pleasing shader for fighting games like Street Fighter
>>
>>127200596
GTUv50 is always my go-to shader for everything. It passes the sonic waterfall test and handles interlacing.
>>
How do I know which core to use? Is there a description for them? Like there are 4 different Final Burn Alpha cores in RA
>>
>>127191052
It played well enough to play through almost 6 or 7 years ago. Should be fine man, give it a shot.
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-010027.png (115KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-010027.png
115KB, 1280x960px
>>127201071
why is it so blurry? I saw a folder called gtuv50 that had 3 shader passes, is that the one?
>>
>>127201575
You can adjust the blur. Make sure you use the recent one and composite is off because composite is terrible.

https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders/commit/4e72e77d3b5c5a80b266acd0041e2f2865afa8ad
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-031435.png (153KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-031435.png
153KB, 1440x1080px
>>127201575
Looks fine to me.
>>
I'm trying to use FBA to play roms but surprisingly only like one or two work. I used the fba_libretro core.

When I use FightCade (a client that uses an old hacked version of FBA) all of the roms work fine.

But when using libretro_fba, I get missing file errors on most of my ROMs

Anyone know why?
>>
>>127202468
what did you adjust?
>>
>>127203108
This is my config.h which should be in your \RetroArch\shaders\shaders_cg\crt\shaders\gtu-v050 folder

// #define compositeConnection
// #define noScanlines

#define signalResolution 600.0
#define signalResolutionI 83.0
#define signalResolutionQ 25.0
#define tvVerticalResolution 250.0

#define blackLevel 0.0875
#define contrast 1.0

#define FIXNUM 6
>>
>>127203660
This is the default.

https://github.com/libretro/common-shaders/blob/master/crt/shaders/gtu-v050/config.h
>>
>>127187841
It's crap. He is just trying to get some attention as usual,"non disclosure" also includes bragging in public about having received the informations so if he really had signed a NDA, he would not be allowed to talk about what he got from Nvidia.

That guy is just another useless and incompetent tool who is trying to find a meaning in his pathetic nerd existence, I can't believe anyone but himself would be taking him seriously.
>>
>>127202898
yeah you need to update the romset
>>
Why did they remove shader settings from the gui? How are you supposed to set a shader now?
>>
File: 1.png (80KB, 499x1504px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
80KB, 499x1504px
Uh, why did every core update yesterday?
>>
Does anyone know why 'force video aspect ratio' was removed in retroarch?
>>
>>127208532

They're preparing a 1.3 release I think.
>>
>>127209232
What does that even do?
>>
>>127210423
It forces the aspect ratio that you define to be used over whatever the core wants.

On FBA, the core (wrongly) sets it to 16:9 for me but the game is actually in 4:3. In an older version of retro arch Force Aspect Ratio would make it always 4:3

btw whoever wrote the Neti or Nedi filter is god like. Are there any more sprite filters like that? It looks really good on sprites that are higher res than SNES era
>>
>>127210607
That's what the aspect ratio setting is for. Just set it to 4:3
>>
>>127211085
That doesn't work
>>
>>127209624
most of them don't even have any new commits though
>>
>>127181714
I use Arch Linux and when I install retroarch on my system it sets it's default folders and config file to "home/.config/retroarch/".
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-042852.png (278KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-042852.png
278KB, 1440x1080px
>>127211287
Works fine for me.
>>
>>127211729
(tm)
>>
>>127211694
I used the ppa on the wiki to install it on Mint and it did this for me too.
>>
Is there any way to have Retroarch display the actual names of arcade games instead of the dumb MAME archive names?
>>
>>127212629
Well you could change the archive's name.
>>
>>127212775

...but then it wouldn't work with MAME.
>>
Haven't emulated in ages, can I play rogue squadron II/III on GCN without any issues?
>>
>>127211917
>>
>>127170865
It says "installation was cancelled"
>>
Whats a good controller for general emulation? (can I get it physically at a store?)

Also would you say ps2 emulation is passable for a low end pc like ps1 is?
>>
>>127214936

xbone is pretty decent IMO. And no, PS2 emulation is bad enough on high end computers.
>>
>>127213283

>can I play rogue squadron II/III on GCN without any issues?

Of course. Unless you meant to ask whether you could emulate Rogue Squadron II/III with no issues, in which case, of course not.
>>
>>127215031
Welp, there goes my chance of playing the Front mission 5 and sly cooper isos. And the rest of the hidden gems I missed.

So the Xbone controller is just plug and play into the pc right? Any programs needed? I kind of prefer play station controllers?
>>
>>127179127
Press 1 or any key to boot normally, if it won't start or you get some kind of problems press 2 to disable the MIDI driver
>>
>>127215221

On windows 7 and 8 you need to install a driver, on 10 it just works. It also works out of the box on recent linux versions (> 3.16 or something like that). It's pretty painless.
>>
>>127215221

The PS4 controller is plug-and-play as a dinput device, which is fine for emulators. If you want to play modern PC games with it, you need a third party driver, but the community has been good about developing and maintaining good ones.
>>
>>127215305
Sounds good. Thanks. Any old games you recommend for ps1? (dreamcast and gamecube work too right? Maybe I get to see what metroid prime was like)
>>
>>127214936
Doualshock 3.

>>127215031
>PS2 emulation is bad enough on high end computers.
PLEASE. PS2 emulation entirely works on a per game/per build basis. And the latest dev builds are more optimized than the latest stable.
>>
>>127190074
You're off to a good start indeed, my friend, unless those are Seagate drives
>>
>>127192609

Standalone reicast has the very same graphics glitches as the libretro version right now.

Ite simply an imperfect emulator to put it very mildly.
>>
>>127215230
>>127214869
Thanks for these. I had figured them out by seeing what happens, but it's nice to have confirmation.
>>
>>127215106
Yeah, that's what I meant. What a shame. Thanks
>>
>>127184901
>Load it up in the first floppy
I put the dos floppy in the first slot. What command do I use to load it up? I typed load " and it just froze
>>
>>127217983
Reset the system. It autoexecs.
>>
File: l7ES1aq.png (124KB, 1337x1033px) Image search: [Google]
l7ES1aq.png
124KB, 1337x1033px
>>127218075
It ran. I pressed Q and now i'm in a command line. I loaded the .chd to the HDD slot but I can't change to C:
>>
>>127213283
They are actually playable now, but you need a super computer and they still have several minor issues.
>>
If you have any experience with arcade sticks, please help me. I'm really new and trying to figure out what to buy and came across square and octagonal gates and I don't know what to choose. From what I understand from reading various forums is that it's preference but a lot of people say square is better for fighters. But I can only find most info on fighting game forums and I'm going to be playing lots of beat em ups, shmups and other arcade games. Is the square ok for them or the octagonal is better?

Ugh, this is really confusing.
>>
>>127218494
You should have inserted the HD before booting up the system. Hard drives can't be hot swapped. Sorry if I forgot to mention that.
Just restart it from there without changing files.
>>
>>127219038
Still nothing. I must be missing something obvious

1 - Load pc9821
2 - insert chd into hard drive slot
3 - reset
4 - insert dos floppy into first floppy
5 - reset, it boots to dos
6 - press Q
7 - type C:

Same message like here >>127218494
>>
File: mj_popcorn.gif (568KB, 200x136px) Image search: [Google]
mj_popcorn.gif
568KB, 200x136px
https://github.com/p1pkin/demul/issues/356#issuecomment-168394649
>>
>>127219283
Did you enable IDE BIOS in the Machine configuration?
>>
File: zKRP0rR.png (260KB, 1337x1033px) Image search: [Google]
zKRP0rR.png
260KB, 1337x1033px
>>127219735
Now it works
>>
File: HatIWJ9.png (893KB, 1337x1033px) Image search: [Google]
HatIWJ9.png
893KB, 1337x1033px
>>127219735
>>127219963
I find it odd that the HDI file can't be loaded. Shouldn't it be loadable?

Was the aspect ratio of the cutcsnes messed up too?
>>
>>127216062
No problem, I noticed a bit later you'd gotten it working by the time I replied. Feel free to hit me up here any time if there are translations needed to get shit running, I was just too busy sleeping in this instance
>>
>>127220091
The HDI is a different format, it has different contents than what MAME expects. MAME just wants raw files packed into a chd, that can be either compressed or not.
I managed to fix the header of the file by replacing it with a valid one, and that's why I was getting some response with that hdi I modified yesterday: I was reading the header that points out the drive was made with DOS 6.2. But after that it can't load into the filesystem proper.
Now, I also made other progress and I actually managed to find a way to extract the files in an hdi on my real drive. However, what I thought would be trivial, packing them back up in a chd, proved to be a big challenge because imgtool, the MAME tool for sticking files in chd, crashes when I try to use it.
I gave up at 9AM.

Yes, the cutscenes and loadout menu don't display correctly. That's probably an emulation problem. Otherwise the game seems to run fine. I got to the first boss and died.
>>
>>127219639

That little manchild from Ukraine just needs a big reality check.

Honestly, dunno why he is even so protective of his source when he lives in a shithole of a country where he could be stepping on a landmine any minute. Might want to take his precious source to the grave with him or sm'thing.
>>
>>127219639
>I am not going to start some huge project or anything to prove I am a coder or something, but I may have some stuff I want to release in the next few weeks if I find the time. Namely a N64 microcode assembler and simulator.

Can't wait.
>>
>>127220460
>Otherwise the game seems to run fine
Some sound effects cease to play as well and the game runs extremely slow at parts. Not sure if it's an emulation problem or the real hardware was just too weak for this game

> The HDI is a different format, it has different contents than what MAME expects
Then how come fdi files work? Seems like MAME just needs to start supporting hdi files too
>>
>>127220673
>he could be stepping on a landmine any minute
Aren't you confusing Ukraine with the Balkans?
>>
>there are people who play PS2 games on a broken emulator riddled with bugs instead of dropping $30 on a PS2 slim and setting up Free McBoot
Why?
>>
>>127156195
Isn't PAL "enhanced definition" running at 500-something?
>>
>>127221051
Because dealing with OPL/ESR is just another bag of dicks.
>>
>>127220876
I didn't notice sound problems but I probably wasn't paying much attention.
>Then how come fdi files work?
Fdis go in another slot.
> Seems like MAME just needs to start supporting hdi files too
I'm not sure there's any documentation about hdi files work. I suppose that reverse engineering the file format of another emulator is not their priority.
I still want to see if I can find a way to convert the hdi to another format, maybe something that can work as a middle step to end up with a chd.

If anyone has any idea of how to make raw disk image from loose files I'm taking suggestions. Supposedly with that chdman should be able to convert it to chd directly.
>>
>>127221571
Trying this on retroarch doesn't seem to work. When I press reset after inserting the floppy and the hdd, retroarch simply crashes...
>>
>>127221916
>retroarch
Sorry, I know nothing about that.
>>
File: 1451632570977.png (372KB, 545x626px) Image search: [Google]
1451632570977.png
372KB, 545x626px
>>127219639
"vgturtle127:
I am a developer even though everybody keeps telling me I am not. I try to keep versed in C as much as possible.
..."
>>
File: 7f5.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
7f5.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>127222238
>>
>>127221990
to make matters worse the option to enable IDE BIOS isn't there in the retroarch core
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-162340.png (788KB, 1344x1008px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-162340.png
788KB, 1344x1008px
>>
>>127223206
dickbutt
>>
File: 1343485127563.png (3KB, 317x265px) Image search: [Google]
1343485127563.png
3KB, 317x265px
>>127223270
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-162356.png (761KB, 1344x1008px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-162356.png
761KB, 1344x1008px
>>127223206
>>
>>127223206
Worm falling off of a beach chair.
>>
>>127223206
A toilet.

And now back to wörk simias.
>>
le bump
>>
>>127221571
>I'm not sure there's any documentation about hdi files work.
There are at least 3 good emulators for the PC98 and I think they support HDI

- Neko Project II (most user-friendly interface)
- Anex86 (widest game compatibility)
- T98-Next (decent interface, decent compatibility)

At least Neko Project II is open source
>>
>>127228090
>At least Neko Project II is open source

libretro port when?
>>
PCSX2 is what happens when you have a bunch of random hackers just banging away on things without much oversight. Things are done when needed, and a lot of the boring stuff is left off to the side for someone else to deal with.

Dolphin is what happens when you have people who are very experienced with software architecture leading and working together on things such as tools, backend stuff, debugging, automated testing, etc... Better tools = easier to figure out bugs, easier to implement new features. Also, it's a Nintendo platform, so almost by default you're going to have more people working on it than PCSX2.
>>
>>127228384
Need to ask the relevant person(s). It also plays PC88 games
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nu3_X6HcVrI
>>
>>127228090
>anex98
I wasn't looking into this, but I tried a couple of links and they were all dead
>t98-next
I know this, it was very useful. I used it to try and copy the files to a new hard drive, but it can only output vhds and I still can't work with those.
The dev also made DiskExplorer which is what I used to extract the hdi.
>neko project
I had missed this.

The thing is that HDI is Anex98's format. Other emulators adapt to it only because that's how people have been distributing the roms.
>>
>>127228847
>>neko project
>I had missed this.
http://www.yui.ne.jp/np2/
source: http://amethyst.yui.ne.jp/svn/pc98/np2/tags/

Some information: http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/pc98/neko.html
>>
>>127228847
You can download anex89 here http://www.emulation64.com/files/getdownload/680/

Apparently the source is closed
>>
File: 381.jpg (15KB, 452x588px) Image search: [Google]
381.jpg
15KB, 452x588px
>>127229002
>neko project
>can create empty .hdd images
>can't mount them
I-it probably wouldn't have worked anyway.
>>
>>127219639
>If people stopped with this unprofessional outlook that 'this is just my hobby, meh' and instead just made a serious commitment

SP wants emudevs to become no-life dedicated coding machines like him and emulation programming to be handled by professionals working 24/24 for free to save videogame history.

Also lol at
>This is getting really tiring, I see so many people in emudevland creating supposed 'issues' with me when honestly, I don't even know or have ever talked to any of you in person.

Playing the victim card then just a few lines after, dissing emulator authors about their code as if he was some kind of approval standard for code "quality" and emulation knowledge.

This guy is priceless, it's really the hero we needed for emudrama.
>>
>>127229002
The problem with np2 is that there are forks of it and nobody in the west has any idea what they add
>>
>>127231178
I don't think those forks matter. They're old. The latest np2 version was released not too long ago, last year
>>
>>127228847
I can't get the game to boot from the .hdi on NP2
>>
>>127230857

SP never claims to be a great coder.

This is just a reality check for people who want to create some bullshit about 'open source not helping anybody'. Look at the Dolphin project for how much of that is bullshit.

Stop defending closed-source faggots living in Ukraine that want to clutch to their codebase for no real reason.

'I'm too l33t for my car, too l33t for my dog, too l33t, too l33t by far'
>>
>>127230857
>https://github.com/p1pkin/demul/issues/356#issuecomment-168394649

He is right though.

Dump worthless source there without any compilation instructions and a worthless 'prank' license, then go 'oh nobody is helping, open source is a mistake'. Fuck him. He wants to prove his own worthless worldview right by not allowing for the possibility for it to be proven wrong.
>>
>>127232076
Neither can I. It doesn't recognise the drive. I also tried to open the hdi with DiskExplorer and it says it's not an Anex98 format. Probably a bad copy, mine is the one that came from that chinese site, emu999 I think.
I'm quite relieved that I've done all my work with another game's hdi that I know boots up and is formatted properly, otherwise I'd have to repeat everything, just to be disappointed again.
>>
>>127195417
>You're making this out to be WAY harder than it actually is to be honest.
There's no way he could've known that file would exist.
>>
>>127233205
>I'm quite relieved that I've done all my work with another game's hdi that I know boots up and is formatted properly

You tried another game in .hdi with NP2?
>>
>>127233439
Yep. Boots up, files are there.
http://pc98.org/splatinu.html
>>
File: FKw9btm.png (26KB, 644x449px) Image search: [Google]
FKw9btm.png
26KB, 644x449px
>>127233205
>Neither can I. It doesn't recognise the drive
Are you sure? I can browse it but the game doesn't boot
>>
>>127230857
>Playing the victim card then just a few lines after, dissing emulator authors about their code as if he was some kind of approval standard for code "quality" and emulation knowledge.
The irony is that SP has attacked Gonetz in the past, yet I don't think he has ever talked to Gonetz prior to the github incident. So it sounds hypocritical to hear him say that to someone else.
>>
>>127233542
NP2 has the option of creating .hdi files. Maybe it's possible to install the game on a new disk from the 10 fdi files?
>>
>>127233597
I used the 0.84. What is yours, a beta?
Is it the link that says お察し下さい? I think that means "please try this". I will.
>>
>>127233752

SP doesn't care about fake circlejerking, you all just circlejerk since you think it gets you something and you think you are dependent on the guys. And these faggot devs get off on that and it further blows up their ego. Putting them back in their place and bringing them back down to Earth is what makes them start acting right.
>>
File: HANDS.gif (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
HANDS.gif
2MB, 640x360px
>>127219639
The thing SP doesn't really understand is his very existence is a bane to emudevs. He acts like they should have no problem with him because he has never even talked with them or had dealings with them, but the very thing he does undermines their raison d'etre. He is assaulting them continuously by stealing the spotlight from their stand alone projects for his own.
>>
>And as for you questioning why people don't pick up Nulldc/Reicast and drastically improve it on their own, well honestly, what do you expect? The source code is a total mess and it has stayed in this mess since at least 2010 with no discernable effort to improve it or revise it.

Give it to me honestly, emugen. Is there any emu project that doesn't have its source code in a mess?
>>
>>127233597
Nope, even with NP21 the disk won't mount. Are you using the rom from that chinese site too? If not, it's very possible that my version is bad.
Anyway, since you can see the files have you tried launching autoexec?
>>127233945
Yeah, but that won't help. What I'm trying to do is break free from the formats defined by the various emulators and convert the images to a generic raw file.
>>
File: huzoHDO.png (4KB, 296x105px) Image search: [Google]
huzoHDO.png
4KB, 296x105px
>>127233957
Same.

I found the problem why it wasn't booting. The GDC clock needs to be at 2.5GHz and mine was at 5GHz by default.

When you boot the emulator, hold the END key, select the 2nd option and change GDC to 2.5

>>127234335
Are you trying SASI #0 ?
>>
>>127234335
http://www42.zippyshare.com/v/3PssnKsu/file.html

What i'm using
>>
>>127232534
>This is just a reality check for people who want to create some bullshit about 'open source not helping anybody'. Look at the Dolphin project for how much of that is bullshit.
Terrible example for two reasons. One is that Dolphin isn't that great to begin with. Sorry, but I cannot take anyone seriously when they cannot even write accurate HLE.

Two is that Gamecube / Wii is more popular than Dreamcast...
>Stop defending closed-source faggots living in Ukraine that want to clutch to their codebase for no real reason.
Sure open sourcing would be nice, but they aren't bad people just for close sourcing their own work. They have their reasons for closed sourcing and in this case, I think they are correct that nobody is really helping. I feel the same way about emulation for the console I work on emulation for..
>>
File: neko.png (37KB, 661x466px) Image search: [Google]
neko.png
37KB, 661x466px
>>127234442
>select the 2nd option and change GDC to 2.5
Yeah, about that, as you can see I've been having a few problems reading the ingame menus. It doesn't matter anyway, if that fixes it, it was the problem. I noticed on MAME it was set on 2.5 by default.
>>127234769
>20MB
That's definitelty different. Mine is 13.
>>
>>127221273
ESR patching is just drag'n'drop, no idea about OPL, but surely both are better solutions than the mess known as PCSX2. I'd even rather use ps2_netemu than that trash any day
>>
>>127235012
The last option. Set it to what starts as ",QD"
You don't seem to have the japanese fonts installed on your windows

I'm having another problem though. The game doesn't play any music and many sound effects are missing
>>
File: Retroarch's setting settings.png (40KB, 334x1016px) Image search: [Google]
Retroarch's setting settings.png
40KB, 334x1016px
>>127234245
Ok, this is hilarious.

SP: Your source code is a total mess, no one is going to bother to help you unless you clean it up.

SP wonders why so few people help out on RA. Well it's because his GUI is a total mess to the point where the only people who will use it are "just werks" individuals who open games, play them and never touch configuration. But he refuses to clean it up.
>>
>>127234245
>Is there any emu project that doesn't have its source code in a mess?

Genesis Plus GX
>>
>>127235167
>>127234769
Yeah, I confirm that the other hdi I had was bad. This one mounts correctly, and now I saw the GDC clock message.

Yup, a lot of missing sounds.
>>
>>127235056
>ESR patching is just drag'n'drop
The worst problem of ESR is mostly the burning part.

OPL is just a constant fuckery of compatibility mode and games running worse than they should.

>I'd even rather use ps2_netemu
Nigga plz it's not even as good as PCSX2.
>>
File: ociR5Xh.png (9KB, 290x316px) Image search: [Google]
ociR5Xh.png
9KB, 290x316px
>>127235442
I got the sound working. I did this and apparently it worked
>>
>>127234245
>Give it to me honestly, emugen. Is there any emu project that doesn't have its source code in a mess?
Especially considering how picky some "devs" are about "clean code", they are all a mess. I happen to think that's just the nature of the work. It's a mess because it's very complex and writing optimized code can really make it messy.

Real devs can overcome such "obstacles" and shouldn't have to worry about "messy code". Gotta love how some programmers prioritize clean code over things like functionality.

So really that's just a lousy excuse.
>>
>>127235568
I agree burning discs is a hassle and likely damages the drive over time too

ps2_netemu has lower compatibility but then again I don't need to mess back and forth with settings, and there's so little outside of the iidx series worth playing anyway I couldn't give a shit. The Dragon Quests run alright on netemu so I'm set
>>
>>127235608
Actually never mind. I just set the mode to 2 instead of midi in the game configurations
>>
>>127235241

Shitty GUI != Shitty Code
>>
>>127235628

Emudevs tend to overglamorize the work they do and try to make it out like it's one of the hardest things to do in computer science.

Not really.
>>
>>127235241

Old screenshot, it is now MaterialUI.

Get with the times.
>>
>>127234838

> I feel the same way about emulation for the console I work on emulation for..

Which would be?
>>
>>127233969
I personally don't give a rats ass if he attacks emudevs about their code "quality" or their "lack of commitment" but don't be an hypocritical sissy by pretending you don't know why those devs hold a grudge against you then, it makes you look like an idiot (or a master troll who knows).

He also feels quite immature for someone who many times said he wouldn't be stirring up drama anymore.

Then, I wouldn't dare to judge other people code when I see the mess that is Retroarch framework and odd design choices or the code "quality" of SP continuous refactoring work...

Just an example (there are literally dozen of such useless commits on libretro reicas repo):
https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/e84d5c6ba3c60c53fdbcf73cf7acc66ac852d464

If I were him, I would first look at myself in the mirror before criticizing other devs for "wasting their efforts" or "not being professional enough" LOL

Lastly, I can't wait for his own project that he would code on his own so we can judge of his code "quality". So far, it seems he only picked up existing projects to stick his nose into but he seems incapable of starting his own entire thing. "Reviewing" or fixing code style nits in an existing project is an easy thing to do, but starting his own large project with code you made yourself from scratch (even if inspirated by other projects) is another story...
>>
>>127236039
Both destroy a project.

>>127236238
>Old screenshot
It was taken today :)

>it is now MaterialUI.

I sure like a new GUI skin that doesn't actually change any of the options or the layout every 4 months.
>>
>>127236381

SP uses three space indenting, so what? You don't like it, meh, who gives a shit.

You can't really disprove what he is saying anyway. Go look at nulldc's issues section and see how many of those same issues still happen in reicast. All the same lame excuses from the devs on how they could fix this in 15 mins if they wanted to yet it's 5/6 years later and still not a fucking thing fixed. I call severe bullshit on their ability to 'fix it'.
>>
>>127083596
PS 3 Emulator when?
>>
>>127236119
Generalizing much?
So far, I've only seen byuu doing this.

Most of the time, what piss you off is that emudevs are downtalking you and making you feel miserable when you are acting like entitled childs with them so it's generally well deserved ...
>>
>>127236983
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNxGCYluxbA
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-133958.png (791KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-133958.png
791KB, 1280x720px
Does anyone know a way to force a custom window size in RetroArch? I'm trying to use pic related but I'm having issues.

I edit the .cfg file to have custom viewpoint at 1280x720, and it partially works. I activate the Custom aspect ratio option in Video settings and it switches to a proper 720p window, but then things get weird.
I load up a game and the window size changes. Everything stays where it should, likely due to the shader I'm using, but the window resizes to a multiple of the GBA's resolution instead. I then have to manually resize the window, which resets when I load another game.
Oddly enough, the custom viewport will automatically change to 1440x800 if I change the window size value. It's really bothersome since I have to edit the .cfg file to change it.
>>
>>127236718
>Go look at nulldc's issues section and see how many of those same issues still happen in reicast.

So what? Nobody owes you anything, it's not as if they signed a contract with anybody when creating a repo in github and accepted to dedicate their whole life to emulation, just because you got an obsession with it and have nothing more interesting to do in your boring life.

>All the same lame excuses from the devs on how they could fix this in 15 mins if they wanted to yet it's 5/6 years later and still not a fucking thing fixed.

Also if that's so easy to fix as you seem to know better, why don't you fix it then?

> I call severe bullshit on their ability to 'fix it'.

Man, ask for a refund or sue them then if you feel someone "lied" to you about their "ability"
>>
>>127187841

>If by "contributing" you mean taking other peoples' work, removing their copyright notices and then adding your own donate button, then sure, you've contributed to just about everything.

>3) You added a donate button to your "turtles-gba-bios" project, which, by the way, wasn't yours. All you did was rename some files, delete a ton of documentation and copyright notices, and add in your own donate button on the front page. You conventiently deleted the project, but here is the link to the cached version of that page a la google.

Turtleman Blown the fuck out.

what a fuckin' loser.
>>
>>127237592
>Also if that's so easy to fix as you seem to know better, why don't you fix it then?

I hope you realize that's what he's been doing already
>>
>>127237592

> Nobody owes you anything,

I don't owe your fragile poor little feelings anything either then, so sit your ass down, shut the fuck up and enjoy this ass beating then,.

If you can't stand the heat, get your ass out of the kitchen.
>>
>>127237592
>if that's so easy to fix as you seem to know better

He wasn't the one who said it was easy to fix, retard.
>>
>>127235442
The sound quality is a lot better on Anex86
>>
>>127237758
SP only backported stuff from other emulators, he didn't came up with "fixes" by himself, you fool.

Also I doubt that guy I was responding to is SP, he sounds more like a 14-years old brainwashed emu maniac like TheRandomizer.
>>
>>127238136

> SP only backported stuff from other emulators, he didn't came up with "fixes" by himself, you fool.

The Capcom Vs SNK 2 sprite glitching fix wasn't backported. Happened in plenty of other 2D games too.
>>
>>127237850
Yo Nigga, What's UP?

>>127237894
My bad, although I'm sure he made it all by himself and none of those devs claimed they could "fix it in 15 min if they wanted"
>>
>>127238301

https://code.google.com/p/nulldc/issues/detail?id=61&q=Windows%20CE&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Milestone%20Owner%20Summary%20emu

This one he didn't claim to fix it in 15 minutes, but "a couple of weeks". Anyway, this was said in late 2010. It's 2016 now.

"The question is, is it worth a 10-15% slowdown + a few weeks of development it requires ?"

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.................................

There are countless examples like this BTW. Don't make me have to post all of them, we'll be here all night.
>>
>>127237727
>Number 3 was taken care of, at the time I was going to change a lot, but I lost interest due to Higan and mGBA.

yeah I'm sure you would have done a lot of things
>>
>>127238226

Alleluia, he fixed a single game in an existing emulator than can run hundred of games fine, does he want a medal or some badge?

It was done with a dirty hack, by the way LOL

https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/ed7b9769359b647be158673b1c1a775c38a29eb1
https://github.com/libretro/reicast-emulator/commit/03f893c832dcffd96b5c1e82f13c22c5266cec75
>>
>>127238568

Hell, even drkRaziel/skmp's programming buddies got fed up with the constant stalling and waiting:

"MrPsyMan: I wonder if I'll be and emulation grandpa when raz will be done with MMU implementation..."
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-140222.png (316KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-140222.png
316KB, 1280x720px
>>127237523
This is what I get when I load a new game.
Surely someone knows what's happening.
>>
>>127238568
You forgot to use the word 'bitchass' like you always do, mister not-SP
>>
>>127238798

Fail, loser.

If you even bothered to inspect the source, you'd find that hack has already been taken out as a better fix was found that structurally fixed it without a hack.
>>
>>127238936
where?
>>
>>127238798

More like nearly every game using a lot of 2D sprites was glitched to high heaven.

Do keep up moving the goalposts though and belittling every single thing that gets actually fixed. Good luck with your open source projects and things being merged upstream by being so entitled and unappreciative.
>>
>>127235241
I don't see the problem. The menu entries have a pretty clear description. You have to be illiterate if you don't understand what they do.

Though I always think SP should hide most of it under "advanced settings", so retards won't get confused.
>>
>>127236119
>Emudevs tend to overglamorize the work they do and try to make it out like it's one of the hardest things to do in computer science.
Idk about hardest, but it is definitely not easy. I don't think I've seen too many instances of emudevs glamorizing their work. What I do see are end users claiming they can't help because they say it's too difficult. When really, they are just being dumb.

>>127236346
>Which would be?
N64
>>
>>127239328

> N64

Oh, that other failure of a scene where plugins fucked up everything.

Thanks for proving my point. Dreamcast shares a lot in common with that.
>>
>>127239156
>I don't see the problem.
That's because you're an engineer. It's easier to just edit a cfg file than use that interface.

>The menu entries have a pretty clear description. You have to be illiterate if you don't understand what they do.

Protip: The words aren't the problem.
>>
>>127239525
>Oh, that other failure of a scene where plugins fucked up everything.
>Thanks for proving my point. Dreamcast shares a lot in common with that.
Not sure if you're mentally challenged or just trolling. Plugins improve development. You get to test your code on multiple emulators and catch more bugs that way. Of course some ignorant end user wouldn't know about that though :) .

The real problem is the lack of dedication, not plugins...
>>
>>127240026
If it's the design that's the problem, you can alter it pretty easily. It is open source after all.
Or you could just use something else.
>>
>>127235442
How did you create a blank .chd to store the files from those 10 .fdis?

I was thinking that maybe it's possible to copy all the contents from the HDI to a chd using DiskExplorer and make it autoboot in MAME
>>
>>127240615

> Not sure if you're mentally challenged or just trolling. Plugins improve development. You get to test your code on multiple emulators and catch more bugs that way. Of course some ignorant end user wouldn't know about that though :) .

No, it encourages fucktards like you to diverge from upstream and lock your GPU/SPU code behind some kind of 'ego paywall'. Which holds everyone back, most importantly the emulators themselves.

An SPU/GPU is an integral part of an emulator, creating a plugin interface for it ensures that you have a splintered emuscene right from the beginning with lots of little pathetic fiefdoms created around 'GPU plugin #1', 'GPU plugin #2', 'SPU plugin #1', 'SPU plugin #2', instead of just 'the Dolphin project that keeps increasing in compatibility and accuracy over time'.
>>
>>127240913
Very few emulator projects are real collaborations though. Most are just 2-3 guys do everything major, a bunch of peons contribute little things. This is how PCSX2 works, how mednafen works, how Desmume worked, how bsnes worked, etc. Dolphin casts a slightly wider net but even that is not TOO much wider.
>>
File: FUNNEH JOEK.png (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
FUNNEH JOEK.png
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>127240913
>instead of just 'the Dolphin project that keeps increasing in compatibility and accuracy over time
>>
>>127240913
>No, it encourages fucktards like you to diverge from upstream and lock your GPU/SPU code behind some kind of 'ego paywall'. Which holds everyone back, most importantly the emulators themselves.
Diverging from upstream is inevitable. Whether there's a plugin system or not, won't change it. Mupen64minus diverged from Mupen64 and it's not too successful. Libregression isn't too successful either, considering they STILL have not fixed Kirby64.

>An SPU/GPU is an integral part of an emulator, creating a plugin interface for it ensures that you have a splintered emuscene right from the beginning with lots of little pathetic fiefdoms created around 'GPU plugin #1', 'GPU plugin #2', 'SPU plugin #1', 'SPU plugin #2', instead of just 'the Dolphin project that keeps increasing in compatibility and accuracy over time'.
Do you really think a 1 world government would be ideal? Different people want different things, so why should there only be one code base?

For instance, GLideN64 is useless to me. I wouldn't even want to waste time compiling it or making my project larger. I'd rather only deal with the code I'm interested in using.

Dolphin's a bad example because Ishurika is popular and if I'm not mistaken, it has diverged from upstream.
>>
>>127240748
chdman createhd -o filename.chd -c none -s x,y,z
x,y,z are the numbers of cylinders, headers and sectors the drive will have. The size will be 512*x*y*z bytes.
I think you're limited to up to 255 cylinders, 16 headers and 63 sectors.
Then you need to format the disc in DOS.
> copy all the contents from the HDI to a chd using DiskExplorer
DiskExplorer doesn't work with chd though. I tried using chdman extracthd to get a raw image of the hard drive. That way I could see the partition in DiskExplorer, but I kept getting errors about wrong sector size, despite the numbers I entered being correct.
>>
>>127242181
>Then you need to format the disc in DOS.
How did you do this?
>>
>>127240913
>'the Dolphin project that keeps increasing in compatibility and accuracy over time'.
Except it doesn't since around build 4000 or so. There are so many regressions in the new builds it is insane and no one is doing anything about them.
>>
where can I find shitty PC games from the late '90s? large compilations will do, too.

I'm looking for NHRA Drag Racing from 1998, more specifically for the DX5.2 installation that comes bundled with it.
>>
>>127242663
>There are so many regressions in the new builds it is insane and no one is doing anything about them.

Like which ones?
>>
>>127242595
Oh, that's a bit complicated because you need to chose a lot of stuff in Japanese. Give me a moment to make an image guide.
>>
>>127243386
I'm supposed to install that dos 6.2 floppy disk onto the hard drive?
>>
>>127243507
Nope.
>>
>>127242940
Random segfaulting for one

https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/9219
>>
I didn't see anything on the wiki about the Wii U Pro controller. I like the layout of the DS3 better, but the battery life of the Wii U Pro is to die for. Is there a reason I shouldn't use the Wii U Pro over the DS3?
>>
>>127242181
C:\Users\Daniel\Downloads\MAME>chdman createhd -o filename.chd -c none -s 255,16,63
chdman - MAME Compressed Hunks of Data (CHD) manager 0.169 (Dec 30 2015)
Data size is not divisible by sector size 512
Fatal error occurred: 1

What's wrong?
>>
File: ay mamy.jpg (2MB, 3067x4530px) Image search: [Google]
ay mamy.jpg
2MB, 3067x4530px
>>127243507
Done.
>>127244774
>What's wrong?
I am. Change -s with -chs.
>>
>>127235241
The code is fine, dude. That isn't even the current design.
>>
>>127230857
Oh I forgot, pointing out bad code is insulting the author.

That's just too bad.
>>
File: J9fJN3B.png (97KB, 1337x1033px) Image search: [Google]
J9fJN3B.png
97KB, 1337x1033px
>>127245061
> ver 4.60

What? Aren't you using the same DOS I posted here?
>>
>>127245285
People here really seem to confuse GUI design for purdy skins
>>
>>127245703
Ah damn, I used the older DOS. It shouldn't matter anyway, I swapped them often and all the options that matter are the same i think
>>
>>127245958
Yea, they're the same
>>
>>127245727
There's nothing wrong with the design. It's made for touch and gamepad navigation.
>>
File: zvoyvUC.png (88KB, 1337x1033px) Image search: [Google]
zvoyvUC.png
88KB, 1337x1033px
>>127245958
Doesn't seem like there's anything there and my chd went from 11MB to 364KB
>>
File: RetroArch-0102-212742.png (12KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0102-212742.png
12KB, 1280x960px
>>127223817

Looking good.
>>
>>127244774
>Daniel
Hello SP
>>
>>127246505
His name's Daniel?
>>
>>127246175
It's saying
>drive c:'s volume label isn't there
>volume serial is 2f02-1bf9 (never saw this part before)
>directory is C:\
>can't find the file
You're in a weird grey zone inbetween with a mounter hard disk that doesn't have a file system.
I'll see if I can figure this out.
>>
>>127246505
>Daniel de Matteis is the only Daniel in the world
>>
>>127246175
Mine freezes everything when applying a volume label in DOS 6, and then I get the same error. Did you actually manage to get past that? It's obvious there would be problems if the formatting didn't end.
>>
>>127248280
Mine froze there too but I'm able to copy files from the floppy to the disk though
>>
>>127248280
>>127246175
>>127248470
Damn, that isn't an error. I just figured it out.
Being that this version of DOS is a hacked up one, not an original release, it doesn't contain everything. As a result when doing the second pass of formatting, which normally is what includes the system files on the disk, it freezes and waits for the DOS floppy. It actually says so in the bottom.
However, the main formatting was still succesfull.
It said there's no volume label because it didn't finish that pass, and it said it couldn't find any files (literally it said SEE any files) because there weren't any on the disk, since it couldn't copy the system files.
>but I'm able to copy files from the floppy to the disk though
Indeed you are.
>>
>>127248757
Now in theory, If I copied the contents in the .hdi file to this new, blank, .chd file, would it autorun in MAME?

Or what about running the game installer from the floppy disks and installing it here?
>>
>>127248992
I'm not sure it would autorun since I have no idea if the hard drive is or needs to be bootable or how it works in PC-98. Maybe just the autoexec.bat being there is enough.
So yes, if you could find a way to transfer the files it would work.
>running the game installer from the floppy disks and installing it here
You can do that too. I had given up on that part with nightslave because when I was running it (hdinst) the first message told me that I should run the installer from the hard drive, and then it aborted.
I couldn't figure out what it meant. I tried both going in C: then running it from there with A:\hdinst and I tried copying the contents first to C:. In both situations it said the same thing.
>>
>>127249495
How do I copy everything? The copy command doesn't copy folders and xcopy doesn't seem to exist
>>
>>127249495
http://fullmotionvideo.free.fr/pc98/articles/articles.html

Have you seen these tutorials?
>>
>>127249645
I don't know. Since there wasn't much to copy when I did I just proceeded manually, recreating the directory trees.
>>
>>127249776
Oh, nice, that's a much better tutorial for formatting a hard disk.
>>
Hey. I figured I'd do a little research on MAME's N64 emulation for the wiki. What are some problem games for the usual emulators that I can test?
>>
>>127250486
As far as I've heard there's not much to test. The games run well, but the framerate's in the constant single digits.
>>
>>127250486
Okay, so the ever-so-problematic MGC 2011 demo fails the same way as in every other emulator.
>>
>>127250486
Donkey Kong 64 doesn't have animation issues, but in the beginning of the rap, only one character is fully there, another has a lot of missing polygons and all the others aren't even there. All you see are their shadows. Trying without dynarec now.
>>
>>127251276
Okay, without frameskip, the characters do show up, but they're flickering. The screen also shakes quite a bit, just like in the MGC 2011 demo.
>>
>>127251276
Can't be worse than this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kdbp4pLKwg
>>
File: windows95_3DS.jpg (52KB, 838x473px) Image search: [Google]
windows95_3DS.jpg
52KB, 838x473px
Kek
>>
>>127250486
World Driver Championship (doesn't even work on most emus), Top Gear Rally (bad audio), Star Wars Battle For Naboo (graphical glitches), Twisted Edge (no sound in any emu I've tested). Body Harvest (bad audio on most emulators / plugins).

See if any of these games I mentioned are good on MAME.
>>
>>127251503
>loading icon
Does the Wii really not have enough RAM to load the entire ROM into memory?
>>
>>127253996
Not the big ones

That's also the reason why RA has separate CPS1/2 and Neo-Geo cores

Every MB counts
>>
>>127251503

LOL dat terrible sound.

Might as well not emulate the shit if it's going to be like that.
>>
emug

What's the cutting edge in sprite smoothing/upscaling shaders? Where can I read about some of these methods?
>>
>>127254303
>88 MB
Wow. It's actually impressive that they could get anything running on that.
>>127251525
Neat.
>>
>>127250486
Sure, but you must sign yet another NDA to get this information.
>>
>>127251525
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2497334,00.asp
>>
>>127260751
Is libretro worthy of a Wikipedia entry now?
>>
>>127261179
Probably, but it will take someone to actually go and write one that meets their guidelines.
>>
how the fuck do I stop dolphin from crashing? every 15-20 minutes it just stops responding and I lose whatever I was doing
>>
>>127261179
Every pile of shit in The Simpsons has its own Wikipedia article. They don't exactly have high standards.
>>
>>127257495
That was mooch, not turtle, dipshit.
>>
>>127102048
looks like shit
>>
File: Yakuza-sega.jpg (125KB, 300x423px) Image search: [Google]
Yakuza-sega.jpg
125KB, 300x423px
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THE UFO CATCHER IN THIS GAME

NO MATTER WHAT I PRESS THE CRANE DOESNT MOVE ALL IT DOES IT STAY STILL
>>
>>127234020
>assaulting them continuously
he blackmails devs into opening their sources
>stealing the spotlight
I'm gonna let you post, but retroarch is the greatest emulator of all time."
>>
>>127261853
pls respond
>>
Does anybody use Dxtory? I used it all the time to record games with Mednafen and PCSX2 but now it indicates that every game FPS is 45 and it slows down every recording,any way to fix this?
>>
File: IMG_20150716_201717.jpg (298KB, 1600x905px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150716_201717.jpg
298KB, 1600x905px
>>
http://filthypants.blogspot.ca/2014/06/true-hq2x-shader-comparison-with-xbr.html
>>
File: that filter looks like shit.jpg (54KB, 1324x994px) Image search: [Google]
that filter looks like shit.jpg
54KB, 1324x994px
>>127265083
>>
File: 5478.png (1MB, 1280x939px) Image search: [Google]
5478.png
1MB, 1280x939px
>>127266052
Nevermind i just tried PCSX2 and it seemed to work at 60 FPS but every game on Mednafen records at 45 FPS or less even though it should work at perfect FPS.
>>
>>127266817
for
>>127254825
>>
Is CRT-Royale literally the only shader capable of emulating the shadow masks perefectly? Like every scanline is drawn with RGB triads.
>>
>>127265643
Never had any instability with Dolphin whatsoever, so I can't tell ya.
>>
>>127251525
Did you notice the quality /tv/ thread too?
>>
>>127270354
Link?
>>
>>127266671
nice cab inside your cab hunterk
>>
>>127251525
It's running in Retroarch DOSbox-libretro. Can't believe they ported it to the 3DS.
>>
>>127272057
Wanna see that shit running Windows 3.1 desu.
>>
>>127272557
Spoiler: Karlton is mudlord
>>
>>127245991
>It's made for touch and gamepad navigation.
That's the problem.
>>
File: metroid.jpg (963KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
metroid.jpg
963KB, 3264x2448px
>2 year old Galaxy Tab 4 10.1s are on clearance
>buy one for cheap to finally join the tablet owning big boys club
>decide to try Retroarch on it
>plug in PS4 controller just for fun
>it actually works
>can move around the Android launcher and seamlessly hop into Retroarch with the directional pad, sticks and the buttons
>everything's already perfectly configured

This thing really amazed me, literally plug and play. Had so much fun I finished Zero Mission in 1 sitting. Gonna have to try this on my phone.

The future is now.
>>
>>127273408
>Spoiler: Karlton is mudlord
Nah, he just loves seeing me self destruct.
>>
>>127275128
This is emugen now. Obsessed with the miniaturization craze that the industry has been pushing since they discovered that they can no longer, without a huge amount of work and investment into new materials beyond silicon, surpass drastically the processing power of existing CPUs. They're proud to emulate on tiny screens with inferior hardware and all kinds of ergonomic problems. Just as long as what they emulate with is a tiny little box.
>>
>>127275734
Calm your tits autismo maximo, the fact that Retroarch runs on practically anything should be cherished, not belittled.
>>
>Can't use dpad input on certain games with my ds3 >Find a new version of SCP called SCPToolkit >Install it >No input

Is this a new feature?
>>
>>127279850
SCPToolkit a shit

I'm on Windows 10 and the driver installation only lasts until I reboot the PC.
>>
>>127279945
>I'm on Windows 10

found your problem
>>
So I saw a thread on /v/ and I had to come here to ask, is there now a stable 3DS emulator even if it runs at low fps?
>>
>>127280320
Yea by 2026 we'll still be using windows 7
>>
>>127280340
Citra is the only emulator, stable or not
>>
File: 454[1].jpg (110KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
454[1].jpg
110KB, 640x640px
http://www.emucr.com/2015/12/yabause-devmiyax-git-20151229.html
https://github.com/devmiyax/yabause

Has Saturn found the hero it needs?
>>
>>127275734
>Obsessed with the miniaturization craze that the industry has been pushing since they discovered that they can no longer, without a huge amount of work and investment into new materials beyond silicon, surpass drastically the processing power of existing CPUs.
I know right? If we were doing things right computers would still take up a whole room by themselves and require constant maintenance to replace failing vacuum tubes.
>>
>>127280856
>This branch is 301 commits ahead of Yabause:master

where the hell did that guy come from
>>
>>127281108
Probably developing his own fork closed source and now decided to release it after months or even years
>>
>>127280376
If you don't want MS spying on you it's that or Linux
>>
>>127280981
emugen: always taking things to irrational extremes
>>
>>127280856
RETROARCH DYNAREC FUCKING WHEN HOLY FUCKING SHIT GAMES RUN LIKE ASS
>>
>>127282823

The commit dates don't accredit this hypothesis.
>>
I hate mobile gaming in general, but I like how it forced devs to step up their game by "forcing" them to optimize their shit in order to run on underpowered hardware.
This is specially true in emulation.
>>
3ds emulator for pokemon when?
>>
The wiki says mednafen is the best for ps1 but it says its complicated, so is it worth using?
>>
File: Hunter the Reck.png (147KB, 256x359px) Image search: [Google]
Hunter the Reck.png
147KB, 256x359px
Anyone able to emulate this on GC or Xbox?
>>
>>127285812

Dude, we can't even emulate the DS Pokemon games right at the moment
>>
>>127285998
what? why not?

and why is desmume not in the emulation wiki
>>
>>127285812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxQsn1wzNvE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=30NwGUYmIpU
>>
>>127286137
Because the devs for that emulator are assholes who for whatever reason, won't work on the problems that make the pokemon games unplayable.

As for why it's not on the wiki, I don't know.
>>
>>127286430
i can still play BW on my older version of desmume

maybe the latest version is the one thats buggy
>>
>>127285898
Use it by its libretro core on Retroarch.

Don't expect HD resolutions though.
>>
>>127286430
>>127285998
This is such a fucking meme. What's this game breaking bug you're going on about because it's missing from Pokemon White 2 which I have played from start to finish on Desmume.
>>
>>127280856
Will this be ported to retroarch?
>>
>>127286702
i knew was getting memed on

i still have to play white 2 tho because black was the first one released
>>
>>127286702
>>127286965
http://wiki.desmume.org/index.php?title=Faq

>Why can't I play Pokemon Diamond / Pearl / HeartGold / SoulSilver / Black / White ? Why aren't they supported?

>We are not going to support these games. Don't waste time asking, it will only make us angry.

epic meme developers kek
>>
>>127286702

Tried playing those many years ago.
If I recall correctly, those games needed a cheat code to go past the intro.

But I have no idea if they fixed it because I never touched those again.
>>
>>127287168
That was only stickied on the forum because the board was filled with thousands of children bitching about Pokemon. The issues were silently fixed anyway.
>>
>>127286692
Actually I found out that Blood Omen 1 was ported to psp, so I don't need it. Thanks anyways.
>>
>>127287237
The newer DS Pokemon games had unique DRM and an easy fix was to use an action replay code to skip it before the emu devs could study and understand how it worked.
>>
>>127087186

>I know the rule is to not trust emuparadise for PSX ISOs.

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING?

That's where I've been getting them EXCLUSIVELY.

Fuck..shit.

And here I was coming into this thread to ask "What the hell do I do with this Devil Dice download that's 12 bin files and a fucking cue?"

...Should I just erase 100GB worth of games? I'm trying to collect my PSX favorites because when the TPP hits, it's all over.
>>
>>127287958
black and white? i played them perfectly and i remember than action replay bug, they fixed it after months during 2013

maybe its just your version of desmume
>>
>>127288297
>because when the TPP hits, it's all over.
What happens?
>>
>>127288556
All TPP countries will have internet censorship imposed on them. US, Canada, Japan and friends will have a common continuously controlled internet with sites blocked off completely.
>>
>>127286885
More like:
>Will this be ported to retroarch?™
>>
>>127097596
Popstation wont work on split track redump bins since it does not use the cuesheet. I think you can just join the files together though.
>>
The magic PSX output resolution is 2720x1920, that will be an integer scale of all possible internal resolutions.
>>
>>127138481
Buy a mayflash, then mod the fuck out of it, way cheaper than buying a brand one right off the bat.

I used to mod sticks and resell them, never had issues and always used mayflash ones as base, it's very easy to do it yourself and there are hundred of tutorials online by now.
>>
>mfw emulators for PS4 don't exist
>Why do I live when I can't play exclusive games
>>
>>127288975
>All TPP countries will have internet censorship imposed on them.
Source?

>US, Canada, Japan and friends will have a common continuously controlled internet with sites blocked off completely.
SOURCE?
>>
>>127286702
>>127286965
>>127287168
The Desmume devs don't support 4th gen Pokemon games because they don't like the fan-base. They'd rather have people complain than find out what's causing the problems. The 5th gen games were fixed as a result of other priority games getting fixed, thus they're "supported".

>>127287691
Nope. Go try to play a 4th gen game in Desmume. There's graphical bugs ranging from black specks on the ground to no visual output after a screen transition. While less frequent, they tend to crash without warning as well.

>>127287237
Never fixed. Any improvements on their condition were results of other games being improved.
>>
>>127288297
I use their pbp images as well and nothing wrong so far, however their isos is a different story, had several games get stuck on me like xenogears due faulty images
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8okZelsZng

Yep, this is going to be an awesome year for emulation.

Let's hope Vulkan can be friendly and reliable for emudevs too.
>>
>>127299757
>No backwards compatibility with OGL
>friendly to emudevs

Not a chance
>>
Deder than ded.
>>
>>127299918
Why would Vulkan be 'backwards compatible' with OGL? Vulkan is low level enough that I'd expect vendors to implement their OpenGL APIs on *top* of Vulkan.

If you want OpenGL, use OpenGL
If you want Vulkan, use Vulkan

OpenGL will still be supported and new versions will continue to be released.
>>
Someone should implement d3d9 in vulkan for fun.
>>
>>127303893
Well WINE is probably gonna end up doing that wouldn't it?
>>
>>127279850
It sounds like your dpad is at fault to be honest. Sure it wasn't an on and off thing? Remember it's an xinput wrapper, were you having problems with dinput games?

The furry fork of SCP works just fine, did you uninstall the original service before trying to get that one going?

>>127282849
W7 got the spying "features" backported already, at this point you can't really use Windows Update without exercising extreme caution if you care about not getting rammed up your ass.
>>
Ace Combat Cross Rumble with 3ds overclocking fucking when? I heard that in some situations the game's FPS steps into single digit territory and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true.
>>
>>127288975
Where's the proofs?
>>
How can I check which ROM dump I have? I don't want to download the same ROM from different sites only to realize they all have the same dump.
>>
does anyone have that FF8 with and without crt filter comparison pic?
>>
File: rinoa looking contempted.jpg (66KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rinoa looking contempted.jpg
66KB, 1920x1080px
>>127308869
No, but I have Rinoa.
>>
>>127308490
Check the hash against a group's database.
>>
>>127309315
How do I check the ROM's hash?
>>
>>127309403
With a program. If you're on Windows, I like HashCheck as it integrates into the Properties window.
>>
>>127309510
Thanks, nice suggestion!
Sorry for being a noob, but do I need to check a specific code? MD4 or MD5? Or won't it matter?
>>
>>127309705
Whatever the group uses you're checking against - typically that's MD5, SHA-1 and CRC-32.
>>
PCSX2 is what happens when you have a bunch of random hackers just banging away on things without much oversight. Things are done when needed, and a lot of the boring stuff is left off to the side for someone else to deal with.

Dolphin is what happens when you have people who are very experienced with software architecture leading and working together on things such as tools, backend stuff, debugging, automated testing, etc... Better tools = easier to figure out bugs, easier to implement new features. Also, it's a Nintendo platform, so almost by default you're going to have more people working on it than PCSX2.
>>
>>127228502
>>127310783
Simbly ebin.
>>
>>127307547
Damn man, I'm playing that shit on PCSXR right now.
>>
>>127311124
>PCSXR
>playing 3DS games
>>
>>127311173
The 3DS one is just a remake of AC2 though.
>>
>>127311435
It's not a mere remake.
>>
>>127309985
Alright, thanks a lot dude!
>>
>>127310783
PCSX2 was doomed from the start.
The original devs designed it as a Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts emulator, not as PS2 emulator. Some of you guys know it to be true. As result, every other game that isn't weebshit run like garbage, in particular some of Sony's first-party games.
>>
>>127313204
Even the games that have reputation of running like shit such as Ace Combat run fine now.
>>
>>127313204
And yet Dolphin is now seeing to consequences of having the janitor team try to further the project while PCSX2 is actually picking up speed again after 5 years of almost nothing due top them letting the janitors in charge.
>>
>>127313204
>>127313524
Holy shit, will you cocksucking fagtards quit it with this or that emulator being doomed.
Emulators are doing goddamned fine.
>>
Did they fix the MGS3 codec screen/Thermal Goggles in Hardware mode?
What are the chances of Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank missing textures problem (in Hardware mode) ever be fixed?
>>
>>127314521
>What are the chances of Jak & Daxter/Ratchet & Clank missing textures problem (in Hardware mode) ever be fixed?
That would require a rewrite of the texture cache so low for the near future but it's gonna happen at some point
>>
>>127313481
>Ace Combat
>run fine now
bullshit
>>
>>127314989
Try it for yourself if you don't believe me.

t. just unlocked the SP Wyvern skin in AC5
>>
>>127313481
>>127314989
>>127315484
AC ran fine since some revision around 4900, HW mode is still not fixed, but there was indeed a significant speedup recently (45fps to around 58 for me)
>>
File: file.png (160KB, 500x1570px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
160KB, 500x1570px
Why does Retroarch keep updating dozens of cores each day for no reason?
>>
>>127315813
Gotta refactor, man.
>>
>>127315813
why do you care?
>>
>>127315731
>HW mode is still not fixed
The black vertical lines are completely gone with the align sprite hack and the terrain glitch is much less severe. SW mode can now run at full speed in AC04 and AC5/Zero under most circumnstances and my CPU isn't even that good.
>>
>>127315943

Because I like keeping my cores up to date, and the majority of these updates have no actual changes.
>>
>>127315813
I think it's just the bot recompiling everything nightly. You should rather try to cure your pokemon syndrom and your OCD for "up-to-date" stuff you are not even going to use.
>>
>>127314115
What do you expect from manchilds fanboys?
>>
>>127317524

That's the thing, though. It doesn't recompile everything. There are some cores that didn't update.

Also why are you here if you don't like emulators?
>>
File: RetroArch-0103-132817.png (800KB, 1344x1008px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0103-132817.png
800KB, 1344x1008px
>>127317806

> why are you here if you don't like emulators?

He's here for Picross of course.
>>
>>127318510
dragonfly
>>
File: RetroArch-0103-132830.png (786KB, 1344x1008px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0103-132830.png
786KB, 1344x1008px
>>
>>127317806
>mocking someone OCD = not liking emulators

okay
>>
>>127319795

>keeping your emulators up-to-date = OCD

okay
>>
>>127291331
Ive got a 4K screen, how do i do that exactly?
>>
>>127291331
That's not even 4:3, you baka.

What are all the possible PS1 resolutions though? I want to take a crack at this problem even though I suck at math.
>>
>>127291331
Is integer scaling actually the biggest meme?
>>
>>127320093
It is if :
1) your sole reason for updating is, "muh it's newer so it must be better"
2) you are triggered by just a zip file date change because of some bot rearchiving cores daily even when they are not modified
3) you keep re-downloading new version of stuff you don't even use
>>
>>127321295

>a zip file date change because of some bot rearchiving cores daily

You think this is normal. I'm asking why this is happening all of a sudden. If you don't know the answer, don't bother responding.
>>
>>127321295
They say that if there weren't people keeping the world internet cables warm by needlessly moving around terabytes of complete romsets, everything would freeze over and we'd be kicked back to the middle ages of computing.
These people are doing us all a favour.
>>
>>127321384
Only you care

because you're OCD
>>
>>127321384
>all of sudden
Hasn't it been always the case with nightlies?
>>
>>127322121

No. Only updated cores get put in the nightly folders.
>>
>>127083596
What games should I download on my lgg4 except for Pokemon
>>
>>127315731
Ok, I feel like an idiot because I don't know what you mean by 4900, is that the name of devbuild or something.
>>
>>127327149
I'm assuming that means r4900. That's the revision number. I don't see a revision number on mine though. It probably depends from where you're getting it.
>>
>>127326491
Throw that Korean garbage and your pokemon baby games into the trash can where they should be
>>
>>127327637
They dropped revision number when they went from SVN to Github
see
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2svn/index.php?m=fulllist
>>
>>127328126
Huh, so he was talking about a 4 year old build?
>>
>>127108762
this can be done ever better.

I have an LCD that will take in any mode from 55-75hz, so there aren't many games I can't run at nearly correct speed.
>>
File: enginedev.jpg (232KB, 863x752px) Image search: [Google]
enginedev.jpg
232KB, 863x752px
>>127291331
>>127320846
>>127321135
>>127321259
Okay, so I actually spent an hour or so solving this.

An NTSC PS1 can display horizontal resolutions of 256, 320, 368, 384, 512, and 640 and vertical resolutions of 224 and 448 (not including overscan) and can do so in any combination.

Given this, the smallest possible square-pixel, 4:3 resolution that can accommodate all the possible resolutions with integer scaling is...

1,236,480 x 927,360

ULTRA TRIPLE DOUBLE HD 1MIL TVS FUCKING WHEN???
>>
>>127114134
It is but it's optional and raises the price of the monitors
>>
>>127175934
http://www.zophar.net/nes/famtasia.html
have fun
>>
>>127332278
Is it a special monitor or are these common? I didn't know there were LCDs that accepted refresh rates below 60Hz. 75Hz, sure, but not below 60.
>>
>>127332610
It's a dell ultrasharp 1908WFP

pretty common really
>>
>>127330562
Well now that I look more closely there was a big fix for AC around r4900 but that was when every single thing in the game were broken, the hit detection thing was fixed around r5700 which is still a couple years ago.
>>
>>127321135
I think he means on a CRT where you can make the ratio whatever you want

I take it you haven't been here long enough to see people running their shit at 1280x480?
>>
>>127315731
Most of the HW mode glitches got unfucked really recently, and the SW mode optimization also was recent. As I already said the stable runs like shit compared to the nightlies.
>>
>>127310783
Unfortunately Dolphin still isnt that good
>>
>>127303893
>>127303806
>>127299918

I don't get what Vulkan is. Isn't it a replacement for OpenGL?

Why not just make it a new OpenGL update?

And why give it a gay ass name like Vulkan?
>>
>>127336274
>Why not just make it a new OpenGL update?
They think the reason why no one uses OGL is that it's too complicated as a result of its age and robustness. So they want to simplify it. And you can't do that with just an update without breaking tons of games, so you kill OGL entirely and make something new.
>>
>>127336274
>I don't get what Vulkan is. Isn't it a replacement for OpenGL?
It's a complement to OGL, OGL is meant to do complex task and isn't really meant for games to begin with, Vulkan is meant for games and is simpler and lower level (meaning less overhead to simplify greatly)

>Why not just make it a new OpenGL update?
Because that would be a bandaid-tier fix, and they've already been doing that since the start.
>>
Hey fellas, I got CFW on ps3, anyway I can play ps1 games on it? Anybody got experience with this?

>why not just play on emulator
The game tends to freeze a lot if I enable cd music and without it no point in playing
>>
>>127338437

Dump your games on disc before you emulate, that should solve your issues. Emulating straight from disc is tricky to get right.

For the PS3, aren't they backwards compatible with the PS1 by default? I remember playing CTR with my bro on his PS3, I think it was slim too.
>>
>>127334123
That still doesn't make any sense though.
>>
>>127332294
That's why it's better to not be autistic about the aspect ratio and accept a slightly off 17:12.
>>
>>127338176
>OGL is meant to do complex task and isn't really meant for games to begin with,
What would it even be made for then?
>>
>>127340948
CAD
>>
>>127339246
Thanks bruv, I ain't got cd-r's though so i am a bit fucked at the moment.
>>
>>127341106
That's it?
>>
>>127341667

I'm not sure I understand your problem then, I thought you wanted to play from a CD.

What do you mean by

> The game tends to freeze a lot if I enable cd music and without it no point in playing
>>
>>127332294
So I took the shitty program I was using for help when I first solved it and made it do the whole thing front to back, because why not?
http://pastebin.com/Uf0iU0Wy

>>127340276
That's retarded and that number isn't even correct anyway. The lowest common multiple of just the horizontal resolutions is 176,640. There's really not even any point to using 1280/3840 specifically because you can just use bilinear(which I think everyone does) and CRTs blur horizontally anyway.

The real solution is is to not be fucking retarded and just use pixellate.cg.
>>
>>127342860
It's correct according to Mednafen dev.

>There's really not even any point to using 1280/3840 specifically because you can just use bilinear(which I think everyone does) and CRTs blur horizontally anyway.

Bilinear doesn't work so well when it's only done over 256 to 640 pixels, it has visible banding since there is not enough pixels to smooth it out. Having high horizontal resolution allows more natural looking blur, as well as better hiding non-integer scales in the CRT dot mask. VGA or RGB output from PCs is very sharp and has little blur of its own.
>>
>>127343827
Where did they say that? I don't think there's a single fucking PS1 resolution that divides cleanly into 2720x1920. those numbers really makes zero sense to me. Still completely irrelevant anyway because pixellate.cg exists.

I wasn't saying 640x480, I meant any arbitrary super wide resolution would work about as well as 3840.
>>
>>127338176
>It's a complement to OGL
OpenGL is deprecated in favor of Vulkan though.
>>
>>127345384
But OGL will still have support and updates.
>>
>>127342860
>There's really not even any point to using 1280/3840 specifically because you can just use bilinear(which I think everyone does) and CRTs blur horizontally anyway.

Confirmed for never actually trying bilinear or pixellate at 640x480 on a CRT. If you had, you'd know at such a low resolution, both those options look like shit and duplicated pixels are made even more obvious than with nearest since they're blurred, unless you sit super far away or something. A superwide resolution is a far superior option, since it actually completely hides the duped pixels.
>>
>>127345646
nvm, saw you clarify in >>127344987.
>>
>>127344987
It's on the topic of video recording
http://forum.fobby.net/index.php?t=msg&&th=743&goto=2526#msg_2527

>The width is the least common multiple of the different possible horizontal resolutions on the emulated system, taking up the same physical space.

>The same idea is in place for PSX, though I admit 2720 is a bit...obscene.

So it records video in 2720x480

1920 vertical is just a scale of 480 that makes it kind of close to 4:3.
>>
>>127342375
Game is multi track, like bin and cue, not just iso format.
I can just run the game without the cd tracks, but then no music. If I mount the image (and thus make illusion of a disk for emu) the music plays, but there is constant chance of game locking up. So I thought it'd be easier to make game run on ps3, but apparently it has issues with bin/cue as well.
>>
>>127345913

Just use mednafen, no need to mount the game or anything. Of course you're also stuck with native res only but it should Just Work.
>>
>>127345873
Well that number still doesn't make any sense and I have no idea where it came from. Pick any horizontal resolution that the PS1 can do and it doesn't fit into it.

Also, jesus christ, just use 1:1 pixels and otf res switching or use black borders. That is fucking dumb man.
>>
>>127346507
>>127345913
mednafen[-libretro] and PCSXR and even ePSXe if you're into that can load bin/cue perfectly fine and there's no reason to use anything else.
>>
>>127310783
>Dolphin is what happens when you have people who are very experienced with software architecture leading and working together on things such as tools, backend stuff, debugging, automated testing, etc.
I call bs. For them to hype that JMC guy, only proves how noobish they are, to have to rely on some end user to catch their own bugs rofl.

Real devs are easily able to spot their own bugs, just by reading their code. A good reader will be able to spot more bugs than any end user ever could.

Then there's the fact that they rely on the compiler to produce faster code, rather than writing better code in the first place...
>>
So is Yabause Devmiyax on retroarch or will it be?
>>
>>127349742
Much of the work on that fork is in improving the OGL renderer. Yabause-libretro would have to be remade into a libretro GL core for it to be worthwhile.

I think they also said on IRC that fork has its own issues.
>>
>>127349920
Isn't the main yabause pretty much dead though? Or at least in purgatory since nothing big happens to it.

Could the improvements in the fork be ported to the main yabause?
>>
File: RetroArch-0103-205814.png (430KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
RetroArch-0103-205814.png
430KB, 960x720px
Just like I remember it.

No, seriously. My TV back then was exactly this shitty.
>>
>>127351234
>shitty
Oh boy.
>>
>>127349016
This.

Ishiiruka blows dolphin out of the water anyway. Dolphin devs tried to discredit it by saying that it trades accuracy for performance yet there's no proof that it's actually less accurate.
>>
>>127346507
>>127348001
I wouldn't, but the game freezes during loading if you enable the cd music. If it's not on, game works fine without freezing as far as I noticed, though sometimes game works for 2 hours straight with music as well. I am assuming this is problem with image itself rather than emulator.
>>
is there an NTSC filter for dolphin?
>>
>>127219639
>There are PLENTY of good coders, working for all sorts of Fortune 500 companies, literally dying to help you. What they are NOT going to do, though, is muck through sourcecode that is obviously so messy out of sheer neglect and/or plain indifference that it just would take an extreme time effort on their part to even try to make sense of it

Yeah, they might be able to help, but only with that irrelevant frontend and refactoring shit you are obsessed with. The actual emulation not so much, and I'm not trying to paint emulation as some greatest thing a programmer can do, being a godlike coder is not necessary to write an accurate emulator because any monkey can do it as long as they have the docs. What emulation needs are hardware people doing all sorts of boring RE work or people competent with low level stuff in general.
>>
NEW THREAD

>>127355315
>>127355315
>>127355315
>>
>>127234020
>muh e-peen
Thread posts: 759
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.