[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/edg/ - Elite Dangerous General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 759
Thread images: 106

File: hdvPIOM.jpg (197KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hdvPIOM.jpg
197KB, 1920x1080px
Waifu Creator When Edition

>Where do i buy x module/weapon for my ship?
High-tech systems have the best inventory, look there. The higher population the better.

>What's this RES you guys talk about?
Resource Extraction site. spawns pirates and space cops that shoot each other. HAZRES in best left alone until you have a Vulture or better.

>Pilots Guide:
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=34437&p=664610&viewfull=1#post664610

>Steam Group (post your commander info in the announcement so we can add you)
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/dangerousgeneral

>Change HUD color:
http://www.pcgamer.com/how-to-change-the-colour-of-your-ships-hud-in-elite-dangerous/
http://arkku.com/elite/hud_editor/

>Markets Tools:
http://eddb.io/trade/loops
http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/

>Ship & module discounts
Go to https://eddb.io/station
Set power to Li-Yon Rui
Set reference system to your current location
Set Station sells ship/module to what you need
Find Stations
Enjoy 15% discount

>Test your ships before you buy:
http://www.edshipyard.com/
http://coriolis.io/

Previous thread >>126734082
>>
vision bump
>>
>Waifu Creator When
Bald waifus only
>>
Anyone find a system with RES near Cherets for the goal?
>>
Someone in Gende? Want to make some shekel.
>>
A friend of mine is planning on starting this game. I warned him, but he's ignoring me. I quit playing about the time their "big ground breaking POWERPLAY" did fucking nothing.

Can we transfer credits yet? He just wants to explore the void and I'd like to transfer him a few million so that he can just buy an Asp without having to waste time on the grind.
>>
>>126960692
No. Only thing you can do is give him your cargo.
Or just go with him into a hazres and grind a few millions.
>>
>>126960692
This >>126960830 there's not much you can do.
>>
>>126960830
Thanks for the quick response. It is disappointing that we still need to make due with the work around that we had in the beta when we all assumed "we'll have grouping soon. Trading credits/supplies is basic 101 stuff."

Have their been any major improvements since powerplay? Or is it just worthless crap and ship padding by making new variants of old ships?

I still have a dim ember of hope for the game. It just feels like they have a good skeleton that has the potential to be fleshed out really well. I see that horizons is out, but driving around lifeless dust-balls in a dune-buggy seems really underwhelming. Especially since steam is telling me that fucking Space Engineers has planetary landings on earth-like planets now.

Fuck the Brabenvision, and fuck the Forumdads and their Cobras.
>>
god damn it takes forever to find and kill 13 pirates
haven't found any good no-ammo ship weapons yet either so I'm using the starter gear and end up having 5min long fights
>>
File: top snek.png (452KB, 1000x1102px) Image search: [Google]
top snek.png
452KB, 1000x1102px
>>126963292
What ship are you flying
>>
>>126961695
>Or is it just worthless crap and ship padding by making new variants of old ships?
Unfortunately it's this. Horizons added absolutely nothing to spice up the game play, crafting is just another grind for negligible benefits, and landing on planets offers little of interest after the wow factor of doing it wears off.
>>
>>126963662
sidewinder, starting ship
I'm still pretty new and just learning through playing
I know about that one website that would let me track down parts upgrades

I think I'm liking combat way more than the trading game, though. any recommendations on ships/weapons to aim for?
>>
>>126964414
On my Vulture I stick to beam lasers and those do good enough when I go to combat.
For ships depends on what you want but I went from sidewinder to adder then cobra 3, those work for multirole well enough, but if you want to stick to combat I would say get an Eagle, then a Viper.
>>
File: 1431312864376.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1431312864376.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>doing space trucking
>exist supercruise to my destination
>suddenly some hitman drops in claiming I failed to accomplish a mission and starts shooting at me
>station instantly return fire
>blown to bits in seconds
>>
>mfw 26km/s normal space speed and 1,000%+ heat.
>>
>>126966972
How
>>
so no one in gende for an asskicking?
>>
>>126969090
Fly above planet, flight assist on, full speed ahead, hold vertical thrust, aim negative 20-25 degrees until you see your speed rising, pic related.
>>
>>126964669
just found an eagle port right now
hopefully that will speed up my pirate hunting
>>
>>126971450
uh fuck how does this work
buying a new ship + part exchange on old shipt is

total: -172,536

does that mean I gain 172k cr or does that mean I have to pay that much to transfer my shit?
should I just store my sidewinder then?
>>
>>126972145
Negative means they're paying you the difference.
>>
>>126972145
you get 172k cred for the deal. But you're taking 10% off the sale. If you strip modules first you only pay 10% for hull. Best strip them modules boy.
>>
>>126972262
>>126972356
so there's no way to keep what I bought for the SW and put on the eagle?
>>
>>126972454
Nope, the VISION does not allow part swapping yet. Once you buy it you just get default shitty gear and you'll have to kit it out.
>>
>>126972454
If you sell the modules, then sell the ship, then go straight to outfitting, you can rebuy your modules. If the game exits after you sell modules, or launch dock then you cant buy them back.
>>
>>126972454
Unfortunately not.

Luckily selling modules off a ship gives you 100% of the cost back so you're not losing anything.

You only lose 10% of the cost of the ship itself+remaining modules when you sell the ship.
>>
>>126972556
>>126972576
>>126972597
was only able to sell some modules but it looks like the eagle default weapons were better than what I had

related note: what is the general's opinion on gimballed vs turret mounts? fixed seems like a bad idea for a variety of reasons. never tried a turret weapon out yet, I'm worry it might be too confusing to aim while flying
>>
>>126973212
Gimballed auto-aims in front of the ship, and does 70% of the fixed version's damage.

Turret can hit everything around the ship, as long as your ship isn't in the way (can't shoot through yourself), and does 20% of the fixed version's damage.
>>
>>126973212
Fixed for pvp, gimballed for pve, turrets aren't worth it unless they are large.

Gimballed burst is best imo.
>>
>>126973212
Turrets are garbage.
Gimbal are normal if you're just lazily fighting pve stuff
Fixed are for 1v1 me bro pvpers who aren't using multi-cannons and class for plasma accelerators.
>>
>>126973496
Turrets are completely automated, btw. They auto aim, and auto fire.
>>
>>126973212
Only get turrets if you have a huge ship with a lot of hardpoints to harass little nimble faggots in eagles.
>>
>>126973657
Currently turrets don't work like that in FAW mode. They behave exactly like target only mode on a Cutter/Corvette.

They won't track or fire at all unless you hold down their fire group bind and the turrets with no firing solution on anything will randomly either: fire forward as if you had them set to fixed mode, fire for 2s randomly and try to seek a target (that it can't find because it's on the other side of the ship) and they get stuck not shooting again until you release the bind, or they just don't fire at all.

I have no idea what they're doing over at ftroop.

On top of that only class 3 beam turrets do any damage at all. The rest are a total joke.
>>
>>126973572
why is gimballed burst best?

I thought beam was the best gimball
>>
>>126976268
They're not, they're literally the worst kind of laser in the game.
>>
>>126974193
come on man, this is ftroop we are talking about. they couldnt code thier way into or out of a paperbag and the unpaid intern is fed up with brabo visions constant bullshit
>>
>>126976268
Beam does high dps, but drains cap too fast and does worst damage to hull of the lasers.
Pulse does low dps, but shoots one pulse and has best effiiency. It has low penetration of armor but better than beam.
Burst shoots multiple pulses, that do more hull damage than either beam or pulse. They drain cap at just the right amount for me.

Just my experience with the different laser weapons. I prefer burst over pulse, and pulse over beam. Beams drop shields faster but are too weak against hull and drain cap too fast.
>>
File: burstvsbeamvspulse.png (15KB, 316x205px) Image search: [Google]
burstvsbeamvspulse.png
15KB, 316x205px
>>126977005
>burst is the worst
no my friend..
>>
File: 1451335098407.png (120KB, 611x1103px) Image search: [Google]
1451335098407.png
120KB, 611x1103px
>>126976268
Gimbled burst isn't bad, but it's not as good as the fixed variants.

What I use depends on the ship I'm flying. Vulture, it's either Dual Pulses, or a Beam and Cannon.

For my FAS, I put multicannons in the medium spot, and I'm experimenting with the large slots at the moment. Beam drained the capacitor really quickly, but made me overheat even quicker, but had very nice damage while they were firing. Pulses couldn't even drain the capacitor faster than it recharged, and the damage seemed very low. I'm about to try Burst.
>>
>>126979941
Why didn't they test C2 gimballed burst? Because it's too awesome they didn't want it nerfed obviously.
>>
>>126980308
Because at the time that test was done they didn't exist.
>>
>>126979241
>Burst shoots multiple pulses, that do more hull damage than either beam or pulse.
Ayyy i'm gonna need some stats on that otherwise I call bullshit.
>>
File: burstvsbeam.jpg (129KB, 912x598px) Image search: [Google]
burstvsbeam.jpg
129KB, 912x598px
>>126980831
This is old as shit but likely hasn't changed. You can shoot with beams for maybe 5-10 seconds before running out of cap because it just drains too fast. Pic related you do 23%-46% damage.
Fire burst however you can fire for 15-20 seconds easy. You end up doing 57% - 76% damage.

The amount of time on target is important. Not to mention you use less cap in wep so you have more to spare for micromanaging shields and engines.

It's just a more pleasant experience than beams, which make you overheat. Don't overheat with burst. Have you even tried it recently?
>>
pirate hunter reporting in again
how am I supposed to deal with the big packs that have envoys? just avoid engaging while solo or is there a way to recruit AI to help out?
>>
>>126981878
Get a friend
Or a ship that can melt small shits in seconds
>>
>>126982458
avoiding makes the most sense then
any tips for evading them when I pop in to an unwinnable fight like that?
>>
>>126939327
>Sometimes they're in a wing with an anaconda or at least FDL/Pythons, but there are so many shit ships that take 6s of gunfire to destroy that will interdict you.

I chain interdict bigger ships using a max boost Cobra Mk3 for shiggles. Especially if it's one of the tryhards/edgelords from the frontier forum.

I'll just comm HONK HONK while boosting away, then follow them if they go back to SC and interdict again.
>>
>>126973212
>was only able to sell some modules

You can't straight up sell vital components like the power plant, but you could have downgraded them to the cheapest model to get back your upgrade money.

Stripping a ship as much as possible before selling the hull is recommended because modules sold in outfitting return 100% of their value but if you sell the whole ship any modules onboard sell at 90%.

eg: Have class A part worth 120,000, downgrade to class E part worth 600. You get back 119,400. Sell ship, get 540 for the class E you swapped in. Total recoup: 119,940. Total loss of 60cr.
vs
Have class A part worth 120,000. Sell ship, get back 108,000 on the part. Total loss of 12,000cr.
>>
>>126984620
who cares?

>using exploits
>>
>>126984871
>implying this is an exploit
>implying it isn't a flaw in the VISION

dad please
>>
>>126981512
>Class 3 Gimballed Multicannon
This doesn't even exist
>>
>>126985127
Class 4 versions of most of those weapons don't exist either.
>>
>>126984871

Not even an exploit. Frontier was going to make modules sell for 90% at one point but then backed off after complaints that this would cripple the ability to tweak your loadout in the face of ever-changing meta.

They are fully aware that modules sell for 100% in outfitting. It's like that on purpose.
>>
>>126985045
what is the definition of an exploit?
>>
>>126985224
you are getting more money from the sale of your ship if you do an obscure thing, that is an exploit

>frontier was going to make modules sell at 90%
yes, that is what they were going to do, that is the design

that they backpedalled for forumdads doesn't change that
>>
>>126985268
its working as intented
>>
>>126985594

Exploits imply something is not working as intended. Like it or not the convoluted method of selling modules for more dosh is the way the developer intends the game to be right now.
>>
>>126985986
But they don't, they intend the 90% but are afraid of backlash.
>>
>>126986053

If they intended it to be 90% it would be 90%. You don't like that they changed their minds, tough shit.
>>
>>126986207
ok dad
>>
File: 2015-12-30_00001.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-30_00001.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
Post bounty hunting music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uedOOlI1024
>>
>>126985268
Something found within the game that allows the player to gain an advantage compared to what the developers intended, but without editing the game or using an external program to manipulate it.

Example, buy item for ten gold, it sells for 12 for some reason. Repeat until rich =exploit

Setting custom value of item to 100 gold = cheating.

Cheat codes, while able to fall under exploit, are an exception since at the end of the day they are still intended to be there.

Last I checked, the forum dads were still arguing over this one
>>
>>126986626
an exploit is just a way to gain a benefit due to a flaw in the game design, doesn't really matter whether it was intended or not, it's a design bug.

cheat codes are regular cheats

if they really intended for it to be 100% for modules then modules attached to a ship would also sell 100%, but they don't, so it's an exploit
>>
>>126986904
you need to use your vision, dad
>>
>>126987009
>ships and modules don't sell at different prices in different places like regular goods
>>
File: 1vYUzWL.png (319KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1vYUzWL.png
319KB, 640x480px
>>126986904
Yet the current functionality of selling modules is still 100%, with no way to get around that currently. We can go one further step and say that since this variable is unchanging and constant for the entire playerbase, it's not an exploit but a mechanic. A shitty one at that mind you, but still.

Or look at it this way, if Frontier really wanted to change it, they would have done so by now. The fact they backed off is irrelevant, since it still exists.

If the devs want to change that but are unable to due so because of community backlash, that only says that the devs are a bunch of pussys afriad of pissing off some old men on the internet.
>>
>>126987305
that still doesn't change that it's an exploit, exploits can be intended
>>
>>126985594
You aren't making more money, you're losing less

Selling the ship gives a flat 90%, but taking the time to refit everything gives you the outfitting costs back.

It's like selling your car to a dealer. They give you a flat number, but if you sell some of the aftermarket parts before selling the car, the lower number from the dealer is still offset by what you made back from parts.
>>
File: 1430608164844.png (46KB, 162x169px) Image search: [Google]
1430608164844.png
46KB, 162x169px
>>126987529
Not really no. Thats not how it works. Bugs can turn into mechanics since they can be cool, look at Crackdown and the ability to drive up walls.

Exploits in video games, by their very nature, are unintended side effects that can be used to gain an unfair advantage, and capitalized upon for further gain.

Selling modules gives you exactly nothing more then you put in, you gain nothing. Its a shitty design choice to act as a placeholder for module storage that's never coming, nothing more
>>
>>126987529
An exploit is literally defined as taking advantage of a flaw. If it's intended, it's not a flaw.
>>
>>126987529
>exploits can be intended
Top dad logic.

>>126985594
They redacted their idiotic change because there are modules that cost more than all but two ships in the game and one that costs more than any entire fucking ship.

>1.7b net worth
>139 billion spent on outfitting

With no storage of modules in the game their dead, contentless universe would be even more of a ghost town than it is right now.

>buy a weapon that costs 21 million credery-doos
>it's dog shit
>lose 2.1 million selling that crap back

Yes, excellent. This is the future, a land that has no simulators to try out ships or hardware for them.

Oh, and let's not forget the part where a weapon the size of a medium or small ship does 7% damage to it if it hits because it's been bugged forever.
>>
>>126987529
Exploits would be Robigo and 17 Draconis. The devs don't intend for them to be like they are, but due to systems in the game, they are. The devs have even tried breaking these several times, but they remain under even the tweaked game systems.

Modules selling for different prices depending on which button you push is an oversight on their part. They intend to sell for 100%, but under certain circumstances, they only sell for 90%. That's an oversight on their part, one that hurts the player, and therefore not an exploit.
>>
>>126986904
It's just a shitty mechanic in a poorly designed game. Next you'll be saying that turning off the power to your cargo hatch is an exploit because there's no benefit to having it on when not scooping. What difference does it make whether you call it an exploit or not? Want to shame people for not handicapping themselves in this mess of a game?
>>
>>126988490
>Want to shame people for not handicapping themselves in this mess of a game?

This right here is what the entire argument happening right now boils down to.
>>
>>126988490
Honestly at this point it shouldn't even drain power unless deployed. It's fucking dumb.
>>
>>126988086
flaws can be intended, it's a design bug

>>126987796
you are gaining money by not taking a loss on your poor decision making, you have more money than you would have

>>126988362
>simulators inside a simulation
literally autism

>>126988362
>muh storage
either way you don't want to pay for your mistakes, fuck off casual
>>
File: WCpf3ov[1].jpg (257KB, 1920x1143px) Image search: [Google]
WCpf3ov[1].jpg
257KB, 1920x1143px
image related

I used the website to try to track down a particular weapon but I'm at the station and it's not here
did I do something wrong?
>>
>>126988727

there's literally no difference, as long as you don't go over maximum it has no impact on the gameplay at all whether it's on or off

the module priorities will let you turn it off automatically if you need the extra power
>>
>>126989013
>Wanting more pointless credit sinks when there isn't even any point in having them anymore anyway

Can you honestly tell me the game wouldn't be equally as boring if everything was free, and they focused more on powerplay faction ranking shit instead of shitty 20k credit conda assassination mission flavor text.
>>
>>126989124
These sites are all updated by players, and since there was a patch not to long ago, many of these item locations have changed, and have yet to be updated by players. Just keep checking stations until you find what you need.
>>
>>126989124
what ship are you on
>>
>>126989013
>Pay for your mistakes
That implies there's any way in the game to know the object you're buying is shit.

>A rank!
>A penetration
>Massive damage pips!
>Does shit.

>in b4 the entire game is shit so you should have known better than to try at all.

Great bait. perfect dev forum poster right here.
>>
>>126989317
if everything was free the game would be more boring because progression would not exist
>>
>>126989352
>this other bug justifies using exploits to offset it

the correct answer is fix everything, not break more things to accommodate other broken things until you have nothing but a broken mess
>>
>>126989402
>and they focused more on powerplay faction ranking shit
Progression as it is currently means nothing though, except you have more credits to do nothing with.
>>
>>126989341
ship is eagle
does it limit my options for weapons or should I keep flying around trying to find a station with it?
>>
>>126989013
>flaws can be intended, it's a design bug
It's not a bug if they chose to make it that way

>you are gaining money by not taking a loss on your poor decision making, you have more money than you would have
I'm sorry, please explain how selling modules while switching ships is a poor decision?

You're logic is reversed. You aren't getting more money than you should, you are losing less by parting out the ship. This is something that happens in real life.

this is what you should think
>you are losing money by taking a loss on your poor decision making, you have less money than you would have
>>
>>126989745
>does it limit my options for weapons
Yes, hardpoint sizes determine what class of weapon you can put on it. Eagles only have small hardpoints, aka class 1
>>
>>126990005
I was fairly certain that particular weapon could be equipped on the eagle
guess the wiki doesn't show a difference between types of the same weapon
isn't the burst laser a small hardpoint?
>>
>>126990501
every equipment have a class and rating

on hardpoint, class is size
you can look for a small burst laser
>>
>>126990501
There are different classes of almost every weapon. There are class 1-3 burst lasers, increasing in size each class.
>>
Where were you when /edg/ was invaded and destroyed by dads?
>>
>>126990875
robigo
>>
>>126989776
Elite is not real life.

back to the forums with you dad
>>
>>126991246
You call me a dad, but you're the one who is too autistic to understand a simple concept
>>
>>126990713
>>126990650
Oh so I can only get weapons with 2.00 T (Class 1)?

Man I don't understand upgrades at all
The Burst Laser fixed and gimballed both have lower damage stats and higher power drain than the pulse lasers eagle came with
>>
>>126991469
weight isn't a factor, just class. The different lasers have different functions. Beam is for limited time on target, so they are geared for max damage in that small time. Pulse are just balanced lasers. Burst have a longer firing time, but aren't really that great for damage; they are meant for constant fire over time.

Gimballed weapons always do less damage than fixed, and have a higher power draw, but they auto target in front of you. Turrets are the same thing but another step further.
>>
>>126991469
get a 1 railgun and 2 multicannon or lasers, you'll rekt everything
>>
>>126991457
I'm not the one who is clamoring to
>muh real life
>muh minmaxing
>muh probits :'^(

now that is autism
>>
>>126991905
>muh exploit
fuck off dad
>>
>>126991905
I couldn't care less if they changed it. It's also far from min maxing. It's just a smarter choice when you sell your ship, why wouldn't you do it unless you're lazy?
>>
>>126992049
because you want to try and pretend the game is good
>>
>>126991457
Being a dad is not about wanting things to be simple. It's about wanting things to be difficult or obscure for arbitrary reasons that have nothing to do with making a good game. If you believe that something in the game is good because "muh realism","muh immersion","muh difficulty", or "muh old skool Elite" regardless of whether it's fun or translates to good gameplay, you are a dad.
>>
>>126992126
To make this game good, they would have to triple the content.

>>126992242
Like I said, I don't care either way, but to say it's an exploit is a fallacy.

> arbitrary reasons
If it's so arbitrary, then why do you care?

>muh old skool Elite
nobody cares about old school Elite
>>
>>126991864
anyone want to weigh in on this?
I'm using an Eagle right now and just fishing for kills until I can upgrade to Viper.
I have the default fixed pulse lasers on right now and I can probably afford the power upgrade to use a fixed rail gun as well
>>
>>126989013
>flaws can be intended, it's a design bug
This is gonna be the stupidest post I've seen in 2015
>>
>>126992576
>nobody cares about old school Elite
You should try reading the forums sometimes.
>>
>>126992664
For ease of use and longevity, go with a couple pulse lasers and a multicannon. 2 multicannons and a beam if you're feeling adventurous. Or you can go with what >>126991864 said if you want to have maximum fun with little profit margin
>>
>>126992953
Should I just stick with fixed or get some gimball?
>>
>>126993157
you're in eagle, use fixed
>>
>>126993157
My favorite setup is fixed lasers with gimballed kinetics, but it's whatever floats your boat. Since you can sell modules back at 100% cost, you can try out whatever you like until you're happy.
>>
>>126979626
They are the worst, sorry. There's more to a weapon's combat effectiveness than straight damage. Sustained fire capability is also important.
>>
>>126992576
it could be ten times as good with the content they have right now if they would balance it properly
>>
File: Abstract kind of buddy.png (614KB, 819x983px) Image search: [Google]
Abstract kind of buddy.png
614KB, 819x983px
>>126986524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80XAJKqRU9k

Yo buddy, Still alive?
>>
>>126989170

Not entirely true. All active systems generate heat. The less shit you have running, more heat tolerant your ship is.
>>
>>126989124
>>126990501
>burst laser

Isn't the burst laser right there? In your screenshot?

Fixed version 2nd on the list, gimballed 3rd.
>>
>>126993157

I ran all fixed on my old eagle. Beam in the roof mount for pulling down shields and and multicannons on the wings for tearing apart the hull.

Rails have fantastic damage output but the ammo is hideously expensive at the early stage of the game.

The eagle is the most maneuverable ship in the entire game. If you rely on gimbals in that, heavier ships are going to be very difficult to get accustomed to.
>>
>>126986524
I just started playing that again. Its fun as fuck but I feel like it could use a sequel that ups not only the cuhrazee and graphics but the scale of the battles too with absurd amounts of enemies and allies.
>>
DBS or courier? I'm bored with vulture
>>
>>126993157
Fixed beam
Gimballed multicannon

that way you can all cannons go and not worrying about leading the target. I wouldn't do what >>126998593 is suggesting because the lead on the multi means that you can't fire all weapons at once, unless they fixed that.
>>
>>126999867

Don't need both simultaneously on anything you can't fly straight up the ass of in an Eagle.
>>
>>127000112

I suppose, unless you're taking on wings solo
>>
>>126991469
>Man I don't understand upgrades at all
>The Burst Laser fixed and gimballed both have lower damage stats and higher power drain than the pulse lasers eagle came with

Burst lasers have slightly lower base damage and lower rate of fire but note how the overall damage per second is higher.

This is because the burst actually fires three shots every time it goes off.

Small gimballed pulse lasers deal 1.75 MJ of damage per shot and fire 4 times per second = 7 MJ damage per sec

Small gimballed burst lasers deal 1.66... MJ of damage per shot and fire 1.7 times per second (resulting in 5.1 actual shots per second) = 8.5 MJ damage per sec
>>
>>126991469
>Oh so I can only get weapons with 2.00 T (Class 1)?

All class 1 weapons happen to weigh 2T right now, though could change in the future.

The class is what actually determines if it'll fit in your hardpoint. Outfitting on stations won't even display weapons that don't fit. When you go to fit a class 2 hardpoint, you'll be shown all the class 2 and class 1 weapons available, but none of the class 3 or 4.
>>
In the medium weapon tier, how do Rail Guns, Particle Accelerators, and Cannons compare?

I'm toying around with the medium weapon slots on my FAS, and currently, I'm using cannons, and the amount of heat they generate per shot, and the amount of capacitor energy they use works well with my Large weapons, but the way I'm using them currently, I might as well have a Rail Gun, or a Particle Accelerator.
>>
>>127004067
Cannons are great on their own and the ammo is cheap. Rail guns and PAs are really powerful, but the ammo is obscenely expensive at first and the ammo capacity isn't really worth it for long bouts of combat. Single fights with reloading runs between is where they shine.
>>
>>127004067
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=140240

rail gun looks good on paper but that fucking ammo count
>>
>>127004379
I was more wondering about the heat generation and capacitor usage of the PA and Rail Gun. Currently using Burst lasers for my Large weapons, and my capacitor is recharging slightly lower than the energy they use, and the heat generated by them isn't too extreme. Cannons firing don't make any noticeable difference on my heat generation and capacitor usage. With this setup, I can kill anything before heat and capacitor become a problem.

I was just wondering how badly PAs and Rail guns would fuck with this setup.
>>
>>127004067

I prefer multicannons. Cannons have a very slight edge in DPS but the ammo supply on multis lasts over twice as long.

Rails are even worse for ammo and I don't like sharing my capacitor or radiators with them or plas. Both consume cap and generate heat in huge amounts.

I'd put a class 3 multi in the bottom large if they existed, and then a beam on the roof.
>>
>>127004706
depends on the ship, but they generally create fuckloads of heat if fired off in succession. If you pace the shots, you won't have any issues. If you shoot your guns like an ork desperately trying to get more dakka, you might want a heat-sink
>>
>>127005042
PA seems to generate less heat than railgun
>>
>>127005042
>>127005093
Yeah, I usually use multicannons. I was just trying out different stuff just for the hell of it. But knowing that Rail Guns and PAs will gobble up all my heat and capacitor, I'll probably not try them.

Thanks for the help, bros.
>>
>>127005378
As I said to someone earlier, try out whatever you want. Selling modules back has a 100% return rate. Try out as many different combos as possible until you find your groove.
>>
>>127005378
you kill ship faster with dual PA or railgun but you had to strip down your shield
>>
File: serpent_visionaire.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
serpent_visionaire.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
I outfitted my Python in-game exactly as I set it up in EDShipyard, but the values like power output and jump range are different, even though I double checked it to be the exact loadout. Is EDShipyard flawed?

Has anyone come across this before?
>>
>>127005572
Nah, I'm trying this stuff out on a FAS. Reactor power isn't a problem. I have more reactor power than I know what to do with. Hence why I'm just trying shit out. I could slap 4 PAs on this thing, and still not have to worry about setting energy groups.
>>
Riddle me this

Huge gimballed cannon or Huge PA on an anaconda?
>>
>>127005178

Railguns cause more heat than they draw power, and PAs vice-versa.
>>
>>127005610

You may be overlooking something after all.

Does the same thing happen at coriolis.io?
>>
>>127005784
pretty sure those thing kill internal module faster so its worth trying
>>
So is Horizons any good? I have the base game that I bought on launch but haven't played that much because I don't have a stick, and I don't particularly like PvP.

Are there any nice new ships that I can get without grinding for years? Are there any new PvE things to do? Is landing on planets fun?

Character creator when.
>>
>>127006369

I like drift racing on ice and jumping huge craters, but then I'm fucking weird.
>>
>>127006369
Making credits is incredibly easy.

Getting the Cutter/Corvette is a huge grind now for rep, so I hope you did that before 1.5/2.0.

PvE is the same, but you can play pretend with powerplay if you want and community goals pay much more than before.
>>
File: aceCombat.jpg (359KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
aceCombat.jpg
359KB, 1920x1080px
>>126995150
The land of Strangereal has many songs that can get your adrenaline pumping. To help you fly amongst aces. But that can only take you so far.

It takes something else to push you further. To become something greater. Something elemental. An avatar of war. As unstoppable as the tide.

Have you forgotten? Listen and remember.

Feel the it flowing through you. Let the feels guide your hand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35y6kw7L7Ms&list=PLB5A294C912C49005&index=33
>>
>>126995150
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVx1kq0B38U
>>
>>127007134
Is the 17 Draconis exploit still working, or did they nerf that durring the server downtime a few hours ago?
>>
>>127007887
>best soundtrack
>worst game

why
>>
>>127008002
Not sure, I had the rep before the patches went live.

AFAIK the swapping solo/private/open thing to refresh for more donations is dead.

Also people are saying that surface missions for factions give zero rep, so don't bother doing any of those if that's what you want.
>>
>>127008358
>swapping solo/private/open thing to refresh for more donations is dead

Still works fine for me. I was blasting it on Robigo earlier today no problem.
>>
>>127008454
1.5 or horizon?
>>
>>127008516
Horizon.
>>
>>127008454
Ftroop can't even fix the things they specifically say they're going to fix.

This shouldn't surprise me at all.
>>
>>127007134
I'm in an Eagle that I got for free, I've got fuck all credits, and I don't really know how to make some either. I smuggled some cargo back and forth earlier with it which was easy, but boring.

What community goals are you talking about?
>>
>>127008675
If you check the game launcher or the official forums there's always a post about current community goals.

Basically you go to a system and agree to work for the goal and then you turn in bounty vouchers or combat bonds or trade materials, whatever they want you to do.

Then they pay you at the end of the time or when it completes based on how much you did for the goal.
>>
>>127006082
http://www.edshipyard.com/#/L=705,A5e4zh4zh7u57u50_g0_g0mI0Wg,2-B69Y7_6uB6A08I,0AA7jw7UIA8c9tQ4_w5DI2UI5Bk

This is the loadout I've got. and from what I saw yesterday my Python in-game had different power values and a lesser jump range. Haven't tried it on Coriolis yet, since the IT faglords at the office somehow filtered the website as gaming related.
>>
>>127008830
Alright, thanks

Also, I bought the mercenary edition when the game first came out. Is the Art Book now available for download, or are they just going to forget about it?
>>
>>127009181
If it's not on your frontier account page under downloads then maybe email them.

I never bothered checking honestly.
>>
I just did one of those "Take a specific piece of cargo from a specific NPC" mission objectives and now the mission is completely gone from the Transactions page. Did I miss something?
>>
>>127009275
I've emailed them multiple times about it earlier, and it's always the same answer (Soonâ„¢).

I guess it's never coming out, which is a shame.
>>
>>127010723
What you missed: All the new mission types are fucked, don't do them until they fix them.
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (793KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
793KB, 1920x1080px
>>126943769
here from previous thread. I was waiting for payout to do some timed haz res runs. This was all done in 1hr 15mins with ALD 5

Using an Arated Vette with 3x large beams and the rest multi canons.

If you really want to make money join a group or get a bunch of anons grind to rank 5 ALD and grind some more. Join a group because power play pvping with a large group especially ones that are faction focused fun as shit.
>>
File: dago.jpg (36KB, 800x646px) Image search: [Google]
dago.jpg
36KB, 800x646px
>>127013593
What am I looking at here?
>>
File: 1446019103577.png (20KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1446019103577.png
20KB, 500x560px
>>127013745
>>
>>127013745
I was just continuing my post from previous thread on how bounty hunting can make you a lot of money. The drawback is getting to rank 5 which took me 3 days with a full wing. I really only wanted rank 5 because it was a nice incentive on trying to get elite combat rank. Just talk to other players or form a wing with anons/dads from /edg/ and it should be pretty easy
>>
Are there still any decent pastebins about ship guides and weapons and shit like that like we used to? Or are they all outdated to shit now?

>>127013593
>>127013882
Rank 5 what?

Would I be able to do shit like that in a Vulture?
>>
ded chan
ded game
>>127013593
lmao just run robigo it's 20 mil per hour with just an asp
>>
>>127014886
maybe about 10 mil, and that's just potential 10 mil, you're more than likely to get fucked over with the shitty station scanning
>>
>>127014886
>maybe about 10 mil
That's like 3-4 missions
I take 10-15 while switching modes
>shitty station scanning
Just kill the process
>>
File: bahahahahaha.png (18KB, 634x96px) Image search: [Google]
bahahahahaha.png
18KB, 634x96px
>>126955146
>80 dollars
I BOUGHT THE GAME FOR FUCKING 70
>>
>>127015254
>>127015071
>>
>>127015254
>Just kill the process
wat
>>
>>127015254
>>127015545

>cheating
>>
>>126961695
>fucking Space Engineers has planetary landings on earth-like planets now.
They aren't fully sized earth-likes
>>
>>127015545
As in kill it with task manager
It can be done really quickly with a script
>>127015650
>accepting the grind
>>
>>127015731
>having autism
>>
I recently upgraded from an Eagle to a Diamondback scout and I'm loving it

question is, should I keep my small beams or should I swap them out for bursts? I'm a lazy fuck who uses gimballs and I run them with two med multicannons which I think I'll be swapping out for cannons
>>
>>127016727
>beams
Best DPS worst DPE (damage per energy)
>pulse
Worst DPS by far best DPE (more damage in the long run)
>burst
Inbetween DPS and DPE. Best DPS against hull specifically.
Your choice.

>MCs vs Cannons
Keep the MCs. Cannons are way less reliable and run out of ammo way faster for the extra damage they do. Just remember to target powerplant with the MCs.
>>
>>127017357
Ment to say best DPE against hull in regards to burst lasers, not best DPS.
>>
Could someone please repost that one image with the diagram of what ships I would buy depending on my playstyle?

It went something like this
>if you want to trade, then go to this route
etc
>>
>>127014886
top kek. When I run Robigo in an Asp I reap 30-35mil. Interdicted? Submit. Scanned? Target and deploy hardpoints then boost away and spool up FSD. Rinse repeat.
>>
>>127016727
keep small fixed beam for burning enemy shield
then use medium rail/cannon
http://coriolis.io/outfit/diamondback/24A4A4A2C3A2C4C2a2a101000020n04406k2927.AwRj4yKA.Aw1sIwlxA===
>>
File: 1441507619687.jpg (33KB, 540x283px) Image search: [Google]
1441507619687.jpg
33KB, 540x283px
>killed because my x52 decided to recalibrate in the middle of a fight
Saitek not even once.
>>
PSA
One of the 17 Draconis factions went into civil war so there's less charity missions wanting money and more that need weapon and medical supplies
>>
>>127018083
http://i.4cdn.org/vg/1451089768645.png
>>
>>127020212
what about cutter and corvette?
>>
>>127017357
I think I'm gonna keep the beams then

first thing I upgraded was the power distributor to A rank and power plant to C rank so I can run them at full potential. Capacitors recharge pretty fast so when they're empty I just maneuver if the enemy still has shields, otherwise I just unload the MCs

with 3 or 4 pips to weapons, I can pretty much fire indefinitely by alternating beams and MCs

>>127018394
I'm shit at aiming m8, fixed ain't for me, at least for now
>>
>>127020335
multi purpose
>>
>>127020212
god damn, I'm going right down the combat path

I went Eagle>Dback S and I'm planning to get either a Vulture or a FDL in the future
>>
>>127020615
You can get FAS before aiming for FDL
>>
>sitting in anaconda
>farming high rez
>fight elite anaconda
>no shield 91% armor
>multicannon turret somehow hit a navy viper 300fine
>elite anaconda dies
>heading back because wanted
>4 navy viper out of nowhere
>as I heading back get attacked by these fuckers
>start FSD
>FSD broken
>motherfuckers you will bleed
>engage first viper
>cockpit canopy breaks
>7:50min left
>fuck fuck since when these fuckers shot on my modules?
>hull at 67%
>FSD works again
>jumps out
>heading to station, ask for permission
>get my permission
>500m till enter the station
>ship scan detectet
>CRIMINAL SCUM BLAHBLAH
>station opens fire
>anaconda blows up
>lost 29 mio because of 300cr fine
VISION!
>>
>>127017357
My MC's need to be gimballed in order to specifically target power plants, right?
>>
>>127021174
>not having the skills to hit modules manually
>>
www reddit com/r/EliteDangerous/comments/3yu5zg/for_the_last_time_they_are_not_toptier_ships/

Holy fuck is this maximus dadus?
>>
>>127021174
left menu
check subtarget
>>
>>127021174
If you target the power plant with fixed it'll show you where to shoot.
>>
>>127021386
>le stealth dbs meme
Now that was gay af.
>>
Can anyone run me through how they smuggle?

No matter what I keep getting pinned in the big space stations..
>>
File: human-cannonball-750x501[1].jpg (44KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
human-cannonball-750x501[1].jpg
44KB, 600x401px
>>127022690
silent running, FA off, boost
>>
>>127022690
at 7.5km request docking
at 4km align yourself with entrance
silent running then boost
>>
>>127015725
are you implying elite will have anything like that no matter how many decades the vision lasts
>>
do missions work yet
>>
>>127023879
it will be at least a week before they start fixing anything

brabens creative vision and genius has allowed him to release unstable software just in time for the holidays and then take the month off before doing anything
>>
>>127024249
it can't be as bad as warframe
at least here they're still working in between the holidays
warfarme's devs released some broken shit about 2½ weeks ago which completely ruined one of the mission modes (and could make them impossible to complete). complete radio silence on that issue in particular, but they still tweet and talk about dumb shit no one cares about like rescaling helmet size

i'm having a lot of fun with e:d from the steam sale. not enough fun to warrant spending $60 on horizons, but I can see why people like this game
>>
What's the solo/open switch mission trick? I tried it but every time I switch it just shows no missions at all.
>>
When smuggling, if you make it INSIDE the space station, are you all clear, or do you still have to land it as quick as possible?
>>
>>127026619
you're clear
>>
just so we are clear

twitch tv/rheaayase

is a trap right because it sure sounds like it
>>
>>127027147
It sorta sounds a bit like Eloise (Hearthstone "pro")

>I have a vocal cord disability, and I can't speak loud. I have to run microphone with amplification, which causes a lot of noise and stuff.
If true would explain the retarded voice, but i'm also guessing it's a dad trap or something.
>>
>spent almost an hour trying to figure out how to find and scan a fucking data link
>>
>>127021054
this shit bothered me since I first started the game

>enter country
>"hold it right there!"
>"according to my border patrol computer there are 3 pesos on your head!"
>*loads gun*

fuck this
>>
I cant buy limpets to refuel people. I do have the cargo space but the option to buy it is just grayed out.
>>
>>127028608
You need a fuel limpit controller.
>>
>>127028608
maybe the station doesn't support it?
>>
>>127028812
>>127028820
For some fucking reason it was grayed out and now works. Maybe I was just retarded.
>>
>>127014829
Arissa Lavigny-Duval, one of the power play factions. high ranks = bonus bounty dosh
>>
File: 1413547457317.jpg (23KB, 223x247px) Image search: [Google]
1413547457317.jpg
23KB, 223x247px
>>127018905
>Thrustmaster released a new hotas
>it's a ps4 compatible hotas x
Somebody has to make a mid range hotas so we don't have to settle with madcatz garbage.
>>
Lads I'm on the fence ATM.
Should I buy this or nah?
Is the player base big enough or is it /ded/
>>
>>127029881
The player base is sizable but you'll never notice it because the space is too huge and solo mode exists
>>
>>127029881
For $15 yes.

Multiplayer is pretty much solo. A lot of people play but it's just the way the game is.
>>
Why is there no ingame tutorial, how can I git gud when I'm not even told how to do the scenarios.
>>
>>127020212
thanks
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00001.jpg (314KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00001.jpg
314KB, 1920x1080px
>flying to Robigo
>about to come out of hyperspace
>get interdicked
>escape velocity has me aiming directly for the rings of the planet
>okay
>EMERGENCY STOP
>guy who was chasing me is nowhere to be seen
Welp that was a bit of waste of time.
>>
>>127032198
>2016-01-01
>he's spending the first day of the 2016 playing elite

also PSA
17 Draconis spawns almost no charity missions requiring money
>>
>>127031306
There literally is a tutorial
>>
>>127032528
>he's spending the first day of the 2016 playing elite
Like I have anything else/better to do.
>>
>>127032724
I clicked it and its just a series of missions with no instructions and links to YT.
>>
>>127016727
I ran 2 C1 Pulse and 2 C2 fixed multicannons on my DBS. Cut through pretty much anything.
>>
>>127021054
>not jumping to a different system

Brought it on yourself m8
>>
What's the first ship for someone who's going to do non-combat stuff for the time?

The Hauler looks like the next step but I'm not seeing much of a difference between it and the Sidewinder.
>>
>>127034007
don't get the hauler its shit

get an adder
>>
>>127034007
cobra
>>
>>127034007
The difference is the internal compartments let you go up to 22 t of cargo. But the Adder is more worthwhile and it only costs a bit more. >>127034569
>>
Any other Viper MkIV pilots here? Been experimenting with the Bi-weave shields and I'm really hating them. Was wondering what others are using.
>>
FUCKING GOD DAMN FUCKING CUNT OF AN ANNOYING SHIT CUNT GAME FUCK SAKE

Fucking interdiction is broken as fuck, no matter how long I have the exit in my sights reading blue, the enemy ALWAYS FUCKING MANAGES TO BEAT ME GET FUCKED

it's a stronger ship and my shields are shit so i'm no match for it in my asp, I can't manoeuvre and well so I have no hope of destroying the cunt and all I can do is outrun the guy

but it gets SO FUCKING ANNOYING HAVING TO DO THE SAME PROCESS EVERY FUCKING 30 FUCKING SECONDS WHILE I'M TRYING TO GET TO THIS STATION

JUST FUCK OFF LEAVE ME ALONE MOST FUCKED UP PIECE OF SHIT I'VE EXPEREIENCED IN THIS GAME GET FUCKED CUNT
>>
>>127036834
we use Anacondas, cuck
>>
>>127036834
>viper mkiv

Should've gone with the Diamondback Scout
>>
>>127037395
>submit to interdiction
>all power to shields and engines
>charge friendship drive
>boost boost boost in a corkscrew
>supercruise awayyy
>>
>yt video for wolfpack training mission doesn't explain wolfpacks
ty
>>
>>127038137
>Should have

The viper has gotten me 6 million credits in bounties already. But looks like no one uses it.
>>
>>127038465
Yeah, that's what I was doing, but it shits me to tears when as soon as I jump away I get interdicted 5 seconds later
>>
>>127039204
yeah that's annoying and it'll keep happening until you managed to evade the interdiction. I had htat happen to me two days ago

thankfully I was in an agile ship so I could evade with minimum effort
>>
File: 8k kek.jpg (2MB, 7680x4320px) Image search: [Google]
8k kek.jpg
2MB, 7680x4320px
>>127038659
Because its shit.

Cheap, inefficient trash.
>>
>>127037395
>Get interdiction by NPC pirate
>Wrestling with the cunt for what feels like 10 minutes
>About to get pulled out of FSD
>The blue fucking shoots up all of a sudden and I jump to safety

Did they give up? Wouldn't expect an NPC to do so.
>>
>>127018905
If you're spending 200 dollars on madcatz garbage just buy a chproducts flight stick and throttle.

Or get a CH throttle and a t16000m stick.
>>
>>127039823
>Inefficient
>Can get me 1 million plus bounties an hour
>Only had to pay 400k for it

Nah.
>>
>>127039607
>>127040364
just had two seperate npc pirates following me all the way from the star to an outpost, not taking the dummy cargo I dropped for them

every time I got to 0.25ls away from the outpost i'd get interdicted and thrown another 30ls away and have to fly the distance over and over
>>
File: 1432679409966.png (158KB, 331x285px) Image search: [Google]
1432679409966.png
158KB, 331x285px
>>127040982
>1 million an hour
>The very definition of inefficiency
>400k as if it's actually worth something
>Not makeing 7 an hour doing trade
>Not making actual dosh like >>127013593

Stop being a poorfag and buy a Vulture already, you ain't killin shit quickly with only 2 smalls and 2 meds.
>>
>>127041030
Here's a magic trick. Don't slow down when coming up on the outpost/station, the second you pass it, do a hard vertical flip and then cut throttle to 75% so you're coming at it from above or below. they can't interdict you at that angle, they have to be behind you.
>>
>>127041251
>Buy a vulture

That's my next purchase you cunt.
>>
File: 1430607971990.png (343KB, 350x509px) Image search: [Google]
1430607971990.png
343KB, 350x509px
>>127042323
Then fucking buy it instead of claiming that trash is good. You literally get what you pay for.
>>
File: I see resources.gif (429KB, 499x330px) Image search: [Google]
I see resources.gif
429KB, 499x330px
>>126955146
happy new years /edg/

how are you guys spending the new years eve?
>>
>>127042559
Spending too much money to fix my car and general related depression.
>>
>>127042559
I'm drinking rum. Happy new year to you too!.
>>
>>127042403
>You literally get what you pay for

Yeah, I got what I paid for. A cheap fighter capable of taking out most targets within seconds and has already made back my amount I spent on it 10 times over. Pretty goddamn good for a player that has only just started. Why are you acting like such a cunt immediately?
>>
File: 1434703153358.jpg (84KB, 514x405px) Image search: [Google]
1434703153358.jpg
84KB, 514x405px
>>127043250
Dads have proclaimed time and again that the Viper is the second coming of christ, and for a very long time was what Frontier balanced the rest of the ships around, that if a single viper could not take it out, then it was OP.

Viper fags are also the reason why the Python was nerfed.

Fuck that ship. Its ass, and there is plenty that does what it does far more faster, more efficiently, and allows you to stay out for far longer periods of time without murdering your jump range.
>>
>>127043501
>Viper fags are also the reason why the Python was nerfed.
lmao u wot

ur confusing viper with a cobra

doesn't meant that ur wrong about viper mk4, it's mk3's retarded lil bro
>>
>>127014886
Yeah but that shot is boring as fuck. I'm not a fan of trading and like I said I was trying to get my combat to elite

>>127014829
Yeah l, those class 3 hard points help. Rank five ALD
>>
>>127043501
Anon, that has nothing to do with me. I just want to know if a Bi-weave or standard shield generator is better with it.
>>
File: 1427922735160.jpg (83KB, 500x600px) Image search: [Google]
1427922735160.jpg
83KB, 500x600px
>>127043907
Nah brah. Back in the day, people in their vipers were bitching hard fucking core that their dedicated combat ship was getting bodied by the Python. They could not run, for they did not know how to, and their guns did exactly fuck all, the same as they are now mind you, but this still pissed them off to no end because "muh specialization"

I shit you not, dads were raving on the forums that the small little shit ship called the viper should be easily able to take on the Python, and with it the Anaconda, simply because it was marketed as a combat ship while the others were not.

Then it got nerfed. The Anaconda was next on the chopping block, but by the time those were commonplace the community finally figured out that high jumping negates everything, and most people left the viper for better things.

>>127044142
Oh I know, at this point I'm taking the piss out of another guy for saying that no one uses the Viper anymore, and it's for good reason.

Go standard, it's not like it really matters. I imagine bi-weave is nice to have if you lose shields constantly, but anything that is able to do that has a piss hard time doing more damage once you start running like a pussy.
>>
>>127043907
No, at the time 1v1 me bros were all about the viper and how dare anything compete with the premier combat ship.

Let's just forget that the game had a total of 10? ships and the majority of them were worthless garbage. The whiners couldn't afford anacondas or pythons because busy dads only have time to shitpost, not exploit credits or play the game.

So the python was unnecessarily nerfed and now it's sort of mediocre and there are no ship options in the larger medium pad format.
>>
>>127044567
Well the Viperfags were pissed that the Cobradads petitioned to have their ship nerfed early on. No more 500m/s speed boost.
>>
Is there any reason why I get a solid 60fps outside of supercruise but barely 5 when I'm in supercruise?
>>
>>127047161
If you're using the latest ATI drivers, it's that.
>>
>>127047231
Oh, that'll be it then? Anyway to make it not happen without reverting? its odd as in the training stuff the issue wasn't there
>>
>>127044567
>developers listening to any kind of whining at all

this is why the game is shit
>>
>>127047161
AMD supercruise bug if you have an AMD video card.

AMD says they finally found out what causes it and there will be a fix, but it didn't show up in the 15.12 drivers and ftroop has no fucking idea what they're doing.

It only showed up after their xbone optimization patch and ftroop knows exactly what causes it, but they won't fix it and instead passed the buck to AMD.

If you have a new card 390/fury, you're fucked.

If you have an old card you can revert drivers to ~15.4.

>>127047481
Be fair. Ftroop is excellent at fucking up their own game and delivering nothing and pretending it's unicorn semen.
>>
>>127047231
huh? I'm using the omicron one and I don't have that issue

>reusing the names of old hacked drivers
>>
File: 1451258938582.jpg (61KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
1451258938582.jpg
61KB, 634x634px
Who /DistantWorlds/ here?
i'm ready for the 14th
>>
>>127047569
Ahh thanks, I'll probably revert them back to 15.4
>>
>>127047725
>weapons worse than atom bombs are silently hidden away on earth

>but are used in space right now
>>
>>127047725
???
>>
>>127047569
Why is AMD so shit?
>>
File: XKcDewl.jpg (69KB, 300x480px) Image search: [Google]
XKcDewl.jpg
69KB, 300x480px
I havnt played in a long time, but kinda want to try to get back in. I played when it was popular to go from bast to somewhere to trade, Got a couple of millions doing that.
Got around 1mil and a Cobra.

I see that they have fixed missions, as one just netted me like 100k. Now I just want to find a decent home station so I can earn some reputation, I doubt Ill touch powerplay as of now.
I want to join the Empire, but I have no idea where they hang, I am just outside Sol as I noticed that I was really close to it.

How are exploring, mining, missioning, bounty hunting and such? Still a clear best way to gain credits?
>>
>>127048756
Because Ftroop is shit?

Ftroop admitted it's caused by the way they changed supecruise halos from other ships after their 'optimization' aka xbone graphics parity so get dumpstered pc users, but they won't do anything to fix their problem and blamed AMD.

>>127049209
I'm only answering because of your image.

Go to any empire system for rep if you don't care about grind efficiency.

exploring: boring, but you can land on planets
Mining: trash
missions: most are broken, don't bother with anything but smuggling and those are broken too
Bounty hunting pays much more than before and it's even easier because 90% of the time the AI does nothing at all now.
>>
File: planet tumblr.jpg (151KB, 778x984px) Image search: [Google]
planet tumblr.jpg
151KB, 778x984px
If the system is marked as hostile, does that mean station security is going to fuck my shit up?
>>
>>127049468
All the next gen consoles run AMD gpu's.
>>
>>127049597
Which just makes it even more amazing that ftroop fucked it up.

But then xboners get crashes too, so I suppose it's even.
>>
>>127049597
why do people still say "next gen"

they've been out for two motherfucking years
>>
>>127049715
AMD is pretty shit though, the console deals is pretty much the only reason they're still in the game

intelvidia is sitting fat on the high end and laptop markets

there are bugs dating from at least 2003 still in the drivers
>>
>>127050008
360 was "next gen" for 6 years
>>
>>127050075
Intel and Nvidia actively sabotaged AMD cards for a fair amount of time
>>
File: rockarocka.gif (3MB, 695x720px) Image search: [Google]
rockarocka.gif
3MB, 695x720px
>>127049468
Ah, that's somewhat demoalizing. What are people doing nowadays in Elite?
>>
>>127050075
There are bugs from 2003 in everyone's drivers.

If you're seriously arguing that gcn is worse hardware in the sub 6-700 dollar range then idk what to tell you because you're on coke.

It also doesn't matter what the high end is like because sub 1% of the population ever buys a 700+ dollar video card.

But I guess you can enjoy your 3.5gb card for 370 dollars instead of getting one that actually has access to all of its memory for 350 and is faster in everything not hampered with gameworks (that also cripples all old nvidia cards for no reason -looking at you 780).

>>127050451
Fly around in a comfy ship because this is the only space game out and functional, even if it's empty with no depth at all.

Exploring with planetary landing can be fun if you like screenshots and weird systems.

There are a lot of new ships to try if you haven't played in forever.

Combat and community goals pay much better than they did if you've been gone for 11~ months.

And I guess you can play pretend and do power play crap for your faction if you want.
>>
>>127050814
they are better value but they compete on performance by cranking the fuck out of the clock speeds and the power usage
>>
>>127051068
Wow, not power usage.
That's a whole $1.27 a year extra in electrons.

Who on earth gives a shit about that except the most bleeding heart hippy?

You probably already have a 750-1100 watt psu anyway because they're almost identically priced and almost all reputable ones are made by golden sunflower or seasonic regardless of brand sticker.
>>
>>127050814
>game works
You mean those features that you dont have to run on AMD cards? I mean elite runs fine on NVIDIA cards and the super cruise problem has been around for awhile.
>>
>>127052060
if you have to wait you'd usually just get denied
>>
>>127051661
No, ftroop quality code affects some nvidia cards as well.

The 960, 970 and 980 non-ti. For them they get stutters instead of permanent decreasing fps if the pc has issues.
There are plenty of posts about this problem but precompiling shaders helped quite a bit. It's still present and gets whined about, but no response from devs.

The 970 tanks on planets now too which is why the VR recommendation minimum is a 980 and honestly that has to be at low settings. Planet performance is fucking terrible on every vendor.

I think a 980ti is around 65fps. 390x/fury is around 50-57 on planets on ultra.

>>127052060
It sounds like you're in a large ship trying to dock at an outpost. You have to be a medium or small ship to land there.
>>
>>127052138
>>127052373
Thanks but I was being retarded, I was trying to request permission from the wrong menu
>>
WHAT THE FLYING FUCK
Single fucking gamemode I enjoyed, smuggling
Now it doesn't give a single fucking mission in Fehu
GREAT, fuck let's do hazres
OH GREAT AFTER A FUCKING DAY OF LOGGING ON-OFF IT STILL HASN'T PUT ME INTO A NORMAL INSTANCE
>I MAD
>>
File: graeAbullshit.gif (40KB, 470x469px) Image search: [Google]
graeAbullshit.gif
40KB, 470x469px
>bounty hunting in HIRES
>some python has 120k bounty on him
>kill warrant scan
>on hey it's actually 200k
>switch targets and kill his sidewinder wingman first
>then switch back
>fire on him
>400cr bounty gained for assault of dindunuffin
>his bounty suddenly disappeared
>same ship same name
>check info pannel
>clean
>>
File: 5616136.gif (179KB, 500x211px) Image search: [Google]
5616136.gif
179KB, 500x211px
>>126986524
"Judgement Time"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWfVfwz7rTM
>>
>>126986524
>not playing this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPrtvv014h8
>>
>>126986524
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQE1Q1NILfQ
>>
File: 1426828684391.jpg (66KB, 452x504px) Image search: [Google]
1426828684391.jpg
66KB, 452x504px
>>127055194
>deep inside feddie bubble
>go to CNB
>see a bunch of clean ships shooting a wanted Clipper
>join
>400cr bounty gained for assault of Dindunuffin
>224,000cr bounty voucher received for the destruction of Dindunuffin
>look at transactions
>bounties: 400cr from Fedcuck galactic
>claims:224,000cr from Fedcuck galactic
>look at factions
>Fedcuck galactic
>reputation: Allied [WANTED]
>>
>>127058437
V I S I O N A R Y
>>
>>127058437
this is the stupidest fucking bullshit in the entire fucking game

you shouldn't be somehow allies with the guys who put a bounty on your head
>>
>>127058906
totally

and being friednly with a faction should cause the local cops to go easy on you
>400cr fine/bounty? nah s'okay m8
>>
>>127059996
Or just make bounties the same number. Negative, you owe, and cops will fuck you up. Positive, the cops owe you. So if you accidentally shoot, but have 10 million in bounties, you now just have 9,999,600 in bounties.

This would also allow you to work off bounties by bounty hunting in system.
>>
happy new year my V I S I O N A R Y dads
>>
File: For_what_purpose.jpg (25KB, 323x454px) Image search: [Google]
For_what_purpose.jpg
25KB, 323x454px
>spend 5 minutes supercruising to only station in system to sell cargo
>all 3 docking bays available
>DOCKING REQUEST DENIED
>>
>>127061146
go suck on a shotgun
>>
>>127063874
>drop in to an outpost
>all docking pads available
>ask docking permission
>"docking persmission..." forever
>cancel docking
>ask again
>same shit
>supercruise out
>supercruise in
>ask docking permission
>"docking permission granted"

V I S I O N
>>
>>127058437
The best is that this is locally checked so you can use a trainer to set the scan time to zero or reveal all status without scanning and never have this issue.

Quality vision.
>>
File: 1397831435745.png (292KB, 546x554px) Image search: [Google]
1397831435745.png
292KB, 546x554px
>drop out at outpost
>scan detected before I'm even out of supercruise
>mission failed
>>
>>127065267
>not dropping in silent running
>>
So I set up my controls as the Keyboard & Mouse and then modified it a bit from there
for example I changed mouse X-Axis to Yaw and put A and D as roll
Roll speed is perfect
Pitch speed is a bit slower than I'd want but it's alright
Yaw speed is TERRIBLE

I'm using an Eagle right now but I noticed it on the starting SW too
is this normal or is there a way to improve this?
or is my only option to just roll and use pitch instead
>>
File: 1450908695361.png (226KB, 408x805px) Image search: [Google]
1450908695361.png
226KB, 408x805px
>>127065267
>Drop into system
>Instantly interdicted by pirate that wants cargo
>Break out of interdiction
>Instantly interdicted again by space cops
>>
>>126997791
It's the little details like this that really make this game shine. Great immersion.

God damn I just wish there was something to do.
>>
>>127065706
L M A O
>>
>>127005610
Could be the system you're in. Is the price higher or lower than expected.
I assume higher or you wouldn't be bitching.
>>
File: python fails fsd jump.jpg (131KB, 450x800px) Image search: [Google]
python fails fsd jump.jpg
131KB, 450x800px
>>127065706
>Yaw speed is TERRIBLE
This isn't Red Tails, of course it's going to be slow as fuck.
>>
>>127066742
so just rely on side thrusters + roll/pitch and never bother with yaw outside of light maneuvering? I mean it's what I've been doing but I just wanted to check if I was missing something
>>
>>127065706
>just roll and use pitch instead
That's just the way the game is designed. Yaw is for fine adjustment.
>>
>>127065706
Enjoy the vision

Combat in the game is designed for old men who want to wear a 1620 admiralty hat and randomly fire muskets at an enemy, then go home after giving them a good warning off.
>>
>>127067048
I'm playing with a Xbone gamepad and I don't even have yaw bound to anything except for landing mode

rolling+pitching is good enough for PVE and for PVP yaw is only really useful for fixed weps
>>
Is this game basically a very pretty version of Euro Truck Sim?
>>
>>127070838
Contrary to what bandwagonners say, this game is quite different from ETS.
>>
>>127070838
The difference is you get pulled over every 30 seconds by space dindus.
>>
>>127065706

All major maneuvering is done with roll+pitch.

Yaw is shit in all ships so combat doesn't consist of nothing but ships being giant space turrets.
>>
Are the deliver a confidential package assignment things broken?
>>
>>127070838
The things the two games have in common are the lack of a story and the lackluster content.
Having played ETS2 i can say without a doubt that ED is actually less repetitive since you can do a few of other things if you're not trading, such as bounty hunting, joining a faction to help them in a very basic fight for the control of systems or even some simple missions.
Although the game is very grindy and tedious when you follow the VISION, there are many exploits that can reduce the grind by a lot, giving you the opportunity to do less boring things while still having some cash to enjoy the ships.
Don't get hyped by the "whole galaxy simulated" because it lacks a lot of uniqueness, just like many other things in this game.
But if you want a somewhat realistic space simulator with cool ship to mess with when you have that desire of zero-g combat, sure go on.
Also don't bother with Horizon, it's not worth the full price, same can be said for the base game but it's currently at 15$ on Steam, which is an honest price.
>>
File: 1451427083245.jpg (285KB, 1331x624px) Image search: [Google]
1451427083245.jpg
285KB, 1331x624px
R O B I G O
O
B
I
G
O
>>
>>127072562
Are you talking about one of those ones where you have to wait an unspecified amount of time and then you have to wait for your contact to show up? They aren't out and out broken they're just dumb. It's the fetch (mission specified) cargo ones that are broken.
>>
>>127075172
Thats the one, if I just have to wait and he hasn't shown in my 40 minutes of looping round the system fighting all the pirates trying to kill me I'll just give up. Thanks.
>>
>>127075261
You might want to do something else in the meantime. As far as I know there's no need to stay in the same system until it tells you the system and the time to be there.
>>
>>127020037
If anybody is wondering what specifically to bring for this, these are what I'm seeing requested the most:
Non-Lethal Weapons
Performance Enhancers
Reactive Armor
>>
>>127054905
mate those sort of missions weren't meant to be permanent

you should go to robigo, it's still glitched where the smuggling missions give big bux, i'd say more than fehu offered, go there for your smuggling fun
>>
>in this ITT thread there are people who actually support Space Hillary
>>
I need a break from bounty hunting. I've got 1.74 mil and an Eagle to work with, can I fit a DBE for exploring with this, or what else should I go for?
>>
>>127083729
I'd grind some more and get a DBS then sell the Eagle then outfit the DBS
>>
File: 123455.gif (398KB, 300x167px) Image search: [Google]
123455.gif
398KB, 300x167px
>Bounty hunting for about an hour at an RES
>Every fucking time I scan a ship the feds swoop in and kill him in .5 seconds
>Have to put up a fight with these fags just to get one hit in on each scanned ships
>Pissing me off to no end
>Ok one more kill and then I'm going to cash in
>Kill some pisser wanted sidewinder
>SHIELDS ARE DOWN
>HULL INTEGRITY COMPROMISED
>Yo nigga you been killed by the FEDS
>>
>>127083729

The scanners alone run 1.75mil. Then a top-shelf fuel scoop can cost millions by itself for larger sizes.

A stripped down hauler can explore with good jump range, or merely decent jump range if you put an SRV hangar in it ,and will run about 3mil outfitted.
>>
File: 2015-12-20_00006.jpg (277KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2015-12-20_00006.jpg
277KB, 1920x1080px
>>127085694
Ye I've used the Hauler before. Great little explorer, almost died in it landing on a heavy world with no shields.

Eh, I guess if I want something better I'll have to strap back into the Vulture and grind.
>>
>>127086054

Explorers don't budget for a ship to go exploring. They budget for a fuel scoop and then throw in a hull to go with it.
>>
There's a solo mode in this, right? Is it crap? I don't feel like setting myself up for another UO, where I'm just getting ganked by people who have been playing for years.
>>
>>127086957
yes there's a carebear mode

but even in multiplayer 95% of who you'll see are AI ships
>>
>>127086957
Solo mode isn't significantly more crap than open since the grouping mechanics are limited. It's pretty much the same grind either way. You can even go into a private session mode with people you trust if that's what you want.
>>
>>127086957
In my on-and-off over the course of a month play I've only been hassled once. Some fag hanging out by my capital system's station picking off anyone who was traveling to it.

You'd think there would be people running around all over the place with top-tier ships just trying to shit on other players, but most of the instances you come across like that are actually with AI.
>>
>>126960830
Wrong kid.
>>
What does HiRes and HazRes mean?

What's the difference between them and normal Res?
>>
>>127094008
In order of danger lowest to highest:
Low intensity res
Res
High intensity res
Hazardous res
>>
>>127094362
Ahh makes sense, cheers!
>>
>>127094008
there are no police in hazres
>>
>>127067048
yaw is for aiming
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00001.jpg (269KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00001.jpg
269KB, 1920x1080px
Guys...

I think the Hauler might be my favorite ship in the game.
>>
>>127013593
>working on Federation rank right now

Fuck. How did you manage this? My goal of Federation Corvette seems so far.
>>
>>127050075
Nvidia's shit, too. Every game they've put their name on lately runs bad and looks bad. At least when AMD fucks up, they're doing it in their own camp instead of all over the most popular latest releases. Not only that, but AMD supported titles are the ones showing the most graphical progress, while gameworks is just adding shit, performance-hungry versions of generic visual effects regardless of what brand of hardware you run it on.
>>
A fully maxed out FDL is around 100 million, right?

One that'll decimate bounties?
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00004.jpg (513KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00004.jpg
513KB, 1920x1080px
Post your shitty stats.

>i'm pretty shitty
>>
>>127100642
Somewhere around there. Also, does anyone else get their canopy breached very easily in the FDL? It seems every time a pebble hits me, I'm on life support.
>>
How's the privateering side of things? I played last in october, running around in a Cobra, and interdicting traders. Never got much action until I got a guy to split half his cargo with me, Shame there's too many NPC's about, I joked with him about cutting him a slice of my next few scores if he would inform me of whenever any large haulers left his usual routes. He agreed, but that was probably 4 months ago.
>>
This is weird, jumped into a system and was supercruising to a station, but my heat sink launchers kept saying "low power", even though my power plant wasn't damaged and my entire system was only using about 91% of the power.

Am I missing something?
>>
File: 200_s.gif (55KB, 372x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
55KB, 372x200px
This might get asked a lot here. But fuck it i'll go for it anyway.

>Finally decided that Elite Dangerous is looking like a game i want to get.
>Find out bounty hunting is actually a thing

Is it viable to just be a bounty hunter? I've always wanted to play in an online persistent world and be a bounty hunter with an established name (as much as i can) and hunt down small fries and big fish.

It's probably not viable to live off bounties alone though right?
>>
Which galactic power should I set my allegiance to?
>>
>>127107409
I'm new to the game and that's what I'm doing
Seems to pay out better than fishing for missions you can actually complete at the start
It's not super satisfying and sometimes you're just way out of your league plus there's no organized bounty hunting system (i.e. you can't browse a system or a tv channel with a black sheriff telling you who has a bounty on their head and track them down)
it's not anywhere near a bebop level you would hope for but it's fun

>>127107578
from what i've seen in this general it doesn't matter
i picked blue hair girl because why nto
>>
>>127107409
Bounties is the only comparable activity besides trading that can make you a viable amount of Cr per Hr to bother doing it for your time. It won't be very interesting though, very couch based affair, where once you get the right ship, you'll spend your time warping in system to known Bounty points, scanning ships, and then downing them in 10 seconds or less. I wish it could be something more story based or interesting, like having to detain or interrogate a chain of pirates to get to a big name worth a huge Cr bounty, but THE VISION doesn't account for making their own stories, so you'll have to supplement everything yourself.
>>
>>127107603
I still might grab the game anyway. I'd love if they did implement a bounty board though.Very few games have that. Thanks fellow bebop fan.
>>
>>127107634
what is this known bounty points thing you speak of
>>
>>127107715
whoops, fucked the picture up. ah well

Is there anywhere I should go to sell exploration data? Any power I should align with?
>>
>>127107603
>>127107634
Do other players get bounties on their heads? I know NPCs can have bounties but how does a player get one on their head? Is it just is they do something wrong or can another player put out a bounty?
>>
>>127107763
RES sites. You basically always go there, throw out a scan, and elim the ships that pop up. That's why I say it's boring, there's little to no interaction, and you'll probably spend a lot of your time doing it tabbed out, same thing with trucking. That's why I switched to pirating so my universe feels a little bit alive. It's not profitable, and you come up empty sometimes, but it feels better to me than just spread sheeting my way through space.
>>
>>127107871
They can, but nothing gets to like astronomical levels, and it's infinitely more monetarily rewarding to hunt NPC bounties. Few people roleplay so you won't be getting much luck if you want to hunt down some big bad pirate.

And no, you can't set hits, again, VISION.
>>
File: cheeky breeky.png (14KB, 365x507px) Image search: [Google]
cheeky breeky.png
14KB, 365x507px
Nice things we won't have because Braber is a fucking hack:
Archon "Wigger" Delaine aka Literally Who gets fucked and replaced by the head of Robigo Cartel. Robigo missions become available only to Cartel supporters, quality and quantity of these missions depends on the rank.
>>
>>127108010
no because fuck you I want easy money

get fucked cunt

I hope the VISION rapes you in your sleep
>>
>>127108010
>not being part of the Kumo Crew

If you're not part of the Kumo Crew then you are nobody.
>>
>>127107871
in each system you can see the top 10 bounties there and the last known location of the player with it
>>
>>127107982
>>127108453
I dont know what VISION is but i'll buy this game anyway, sounds fun.
>>
>>127107409
Bounties are some of the best money to be made, but its not as glorious as you might think considering your inspiration of Cowboy Bebop.

You just float around in a fucking planet's ring waiting for random NPCs to show up with a wanted tag and then you shoot it. Rinse repeat.
You'd be better off playing any other flight game and just pretending you're making bounties.
>>
is there any reason to get a viper mkiii instead of viper mkiv?
>>
>>127107806
You're not even willing to try looking for information on your own are you
>>
>>127110194
Hmm?
>>
>>127110371
The game straight fucking tells you where to tell cartographic data

and as for the powers they're all listed as well, just read up and make your own damn decision
>>
>use heat sinks for the first time while 'splorin in case I fuck up while fuel scooping
>fuck up while fuel scooping
>use heat sink so I can FSD out of there
>notice little ice crystals form and grow larger on my cockpit the lower my heat grows
Fucking neat Frontier.
>>
ded
>>
>>127113639
had to take the sport to his grandma
now I am going to play elite for 3 hours straight
I think that's a new record
>>
File: 232323.jpg (450KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
232323.jpg
450KB, 1280x1280px
>>127113748
>>
Having not played them, do you think I'd have more fun with the originals?
>>
>>127113997
No.
>>
>>127114141
why not?
>>
So how long until Frontier gets desperate and adds armor and stealth bonuses to paintjobs?
>>
>>127114236
Because it's shit.
>>
File: blinding.jpg (371KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
blinding.jpg
371KB, 1920x1080px
Can't see shit captain, the vision is too bright.
>>
>>127114290
Elite and Frontier?
>>
>>127110846
so you can die from being frozen alive?
>>
>>127115991
No more than you can die in your cockpit from heat stroke.
>>
File: image.jpg (253KB, 1360x768px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
253KB, 1360x768px
>>127104541
>>
>>127109706
Because mk3 is objectively better. If you want multi role you'd get a cobra.
>>
>>127117789
how do you like the python?

have you tried the FDL as well? How do they compare?
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00002.jpg (388KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00002.jpg
388KB, 1600x900px
>>127104541
I had the bad habbit of taking on more than I could chew when I was in my Eagle
>>
Where can I find a HAZRES site? I ran into one the other day and I can't remember where. I've moved over to Barnard's Star now, so can anyone help me out?
>>
>>127118989
Look for systems that have "extraction" in their economies.
>>
>>127119046
I've been passing through a few that had extraction based economies, but I haven't seen any. Maybe I've missed some.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, though.
>>
>>127118520
the python's a monster of a ship with absurd power available, you can use prismatic shields + a shield booster + double shield cells + plasma accelerators without breaking much of a sweat
also it's quite manoeuvrable once you get good at power management & flight assist off manoeuvres
lots of people use it as their end game ship
>>
>>127119118
trying to get closer to ring, like <400ls
>>
>>127119118
They're usually in planetary rings but sometimes they don't show up until you're really close to them.
>>
>>127119172
Neat. What's the go with those prismatic shields? Are they considered superior to normal ones or is there a really bad drawback?

I used to have one but I was dumb and too eager when I bought it and though I could use it as a trading vehicle with all the lightest(also read as:cheapest) internals and found it too expensive to maintain(fuel and any little scratch would cost hundreds and thousands).

But i'm making some decent dosh now in my Asp and probably when I get around 150mil i'd like to return to either a Python or FDL, sparing no expense and having the freedom of having plenty in the kitty if i'm in trouble.
>>
File: FUCK.jpg (354KB, 1921x1075px) Image search: [Google]
FUCK.jpg
354KB, 1921x1075px
FUCK
>>
>>127119589
here's the difference prismatic shields make:

http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07E6E5E4E7E6E5C-----040404074f--------.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==
http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/07E6E5E4E7E6E5C-----0404--p1--------.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==

if you're a fan of having tough shields with boosters, then prismatics can save you a couple of utility slots. at least that's how I look at it. some ships seem to benefit more from prismatics than others, I think it's a mass related thing
>>
>>127119948
And then I got interdicted 6 times in a fucking row immediately after this screen.

Guess I'm not finishing that mission.
>>
>>127119948
>mostly harmless
its okay anon
probably just small lasers
>>
File: IMG_1040_2.jpg (112KB, 647x718px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1040_2.jpg
112KB, 647x718px
>>127119948
>mfw trying that in a cobra

at least I didn't die
>>
When will I be ready to pledge allegience to a power and how do I decide who to pick?
>>
>>126990875
HIP 35211
>>
Is there any point in getting a viper when the DBS is just as good stock and has much more upgrade potential?
>>
>>127121271
Viper has superior manoeuvrability but it's essentially just a link in the chain of ship progression. Up to you if you want that link or the next.
>>
>>127121708
the viper is more maneuverable than the DBS? doesn't feel like it

the DBS does drift more but it's nothing some thrusters can't fix
>>
>>127092998
Tell me.
>>
>>127120105
Nice, pretty good. Weight doesn't seem to be that much an issue with such an already large ship. Though I read you have to support the blue hair bitch to get those shields.
>>
I just tried CQC
the payout is pathetic right? I'm not missing anything?
>>
>>127122147
Yeah, the payout sucks. If you don't like Elite's own brand of imbalanced rank-based deathmatch, don't bother.
>>
>>127122316
whats the pay like if you get prestige?
I cant find specifics anywhere
>>
how hard is german language to learn?
>>
>>127123897
unreasonably so
>>
>>127032919
But... there are instructions. And if you enter the pause screen at any point, there's a giant "help" button.

Are you dumb anon?
>>
>>127123897
apparently the sentence structure is identical to english making it easier than most
>>
>>127098949
Dad, when are you coming back with the ice cream?
>>
>>126990875
I Bootis
>>
>>127121271
If you like a ship, just stick with it. If you're looking for a good combat ship then just get a Vulture, otherwise the DBS is pretty okay. I use one to smuggle because it can silent run for like a fucking hour.

>>127122147
There is no redeeming feature of CQC, other than I wish the floating arenas were part of the online play's conflict zones/crime sweeps/whatever.
>>
File: 1444904430509.gif (2MB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
1444904430509.gif
2MB, 250x188px
I've gone over like 40 fucking systems and there hasn't been one HAZRES anywhere. What the fuck

What is with all these extraction systems with literally nothing in them

No belts or gas giants with rings or even metal rich worlds

just nothing

what the fuck I'm 5 minutes from Sol why isn't there any map data

i hate this
>>
>>127124213
>apparently the sentence structure is identical to english making it easier than most

austrian here, if you would use german sentence structure, your sentence would read like this:

>apparently is the english sentence structure identical, what it easier makes than the most [other languages]
>>
>>127126449
There is one in LTT 2667
>>
>>127126748
go back to germania german boy
>>
>>127107634
Would be interesting if it was ever properly implemented but

>Bounty hunting now has dead or alive
>Incapacitate some pirate or gang member
>Sequence of events start that get you mixed up in a gang war

Just like my chinese cartoons
>>
>get assigned landing pad at outpost
>AI ship sat on it not moving
>try to budge it out of the way
>instagibbed by station weapons
good game
>>
File: 1419171822265.jpg (28KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1419171822265.jpg
28KB, 500x500px
>mfw I just learnt you don't have to keep flying around the sun to scoop fuel
>you can just park it right near the sweet spot and not have to worry about turning and going around in circles
>>
>>127127003
german here

but he's right.
>>
>>127126449
Wadjali
Kwauchuang
>>
fucking robigo, I just want smuggle missions to outposts, not fucking terminals where I get insta scanned no matter what I do and fail the whole thing
>>
>>127127146
>Cockpit shot to shit
>only 24 mins to get to a station and repair
>Can't see the UI so I have no idea where to land
>Station assigns me a landing pad directly below the entrance

This isn't a >good game post, it's just highlighting the shit that happens at stations.
>>
File: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.jpg (6KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.jpg
6KB, 125x125px
>bounty hunting
>suddenly viper with turrets
>somehow wipes my shields in seconds

what. the. fuck.
>>
>>127127551
Does Elite give AI some unfair advantages over players to make it more difficult?

>Can shoot you from 5km away as you're fleeing
>Repairs shields in half the time you do even with Bi-weave
>Maneuver even the largest ships incredibly well
>>
File: 1424532154362.png (108KB, 286x356px) Image search: [Google]
1424532154362.png
108KB, 286x356px
>you have to suck Hudson or Duval's dick to get FAS or Clipper.
>lawless pirate flies around in one .
>>
File: 1451097015219.png (747KB, 688x743px) Image search: [Google]
1451097015219.png
747KB, 688x743px
>>127127019
It's hard to live when you know there's nothing that lets you feel in the same way, or lets you partially reenact that chinese cartoon.
>>
File: 1450046675158.png (672KB, 926x1518px) Image search: [Google]
1450046675158.png
672KB, 926x1518px
>>127127551
>tfw turrets are shit on your ship
>tfw all enemies only have turrets capable of constantly hitting you when engaging and chipping away your shields while endlessly grinding.
>>
>>127127702
>>127127864
I am so done with this game

good thing I got it for free or I'd be pissed off
>>
>kill mostly harmless unaffiliated AI pirate
>4 dangerous affiliated pirates drop in and attack
well that was fun
>>
>>127127003
>germania

no, noricum
>>
>>127127469
Funny, I find outposts much more risky. The big stations are just a matter of getting through the slot and you're safe
>>
>>127127469
SILENT RUNNING
I
L
E
N
T

R
U
N
N
I
N
G
>>
fuck sake
>jump into system
>system authority message pops up in top left corner
>a pirate is there as well
>better high-tail it
>charge FSD aim for the next system
>suddenly getting interdicted by pirate
>keep crosshairs on my destination
>"throttle up to engage"
>IT'S ALREADY AT MAX FUCK YOU
>FSD failed lol get fucked
>FUCK SAKE
>system authority scans me and fails all 8 of my fucking smuggle missions
>was only a few jumps away from civilisation
>have to travel ALL THE FUCKING WAY BACK TO ROBIGO
>GOOD FUCKING WASTE OF AN HOUR GET FUCKED

>>127128572
I FUCKING USE SILENT RUNNING
I

F
U
C
K
I
N
G

U
S
E

S
I
L
E
N
T

R
U
N
N
I
N
G
>>
>>127129101
try being more sneak, its a sneak or be snuck galaxy and you were just outsnuck
>>
>>127128572
>be wanted
>use silent running
>ship scan detected
>"you thought we wouldn't notice commander"
>instantly fired upon
>instantly ded

what's the point, really
>>
>>127128402
all the outposts I go to have no system authority, maybe a cheeky pirate lurking to catch you out of the no-fire zone

but as soon as I try going through a terminal, boosting through the pigeon hole with silent running, launching heat sinks and chaffing, I still get fucked over

if I take a terminal mission, i'll leave it until last
>>
>>127129253
I thought the point of silent running was to not get scanned
but now you are telling me silent running still gets you scanned

what is the fucking point then
>>
>>127129915
BROKEN
R
O
K
E
N
>>
>>127129915
Silent Running just makes it so you don't show up on radar, if you're in visual range they can still manually lock on and scan you.
>>
>>127129915
Silent running doesnt make you invisible when will you lot learn this shit.
Spoon feed me and call me a baby already
>>
>>127130490
no why doesn't silent running automatically remove all risk from the game?!?!
>>
File: 36262627.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
36262627.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>exiting a hub
>bumb shields with someone by accident
>"RECKLESS FLYING, 400CR ADDED TO BOUNTY"
>added to bounty
>wat
>check my current transactions
>400Cr fine has turned into 6.700 Cr bounty on my head
>Wanted Status
>the friendly security service that I've been allied with for a while now hunts me down with the equal ferocity they would a piratelord
>every system authority vessel now interdicts me at every opportunity
>because of reckless flying
>>
>>127131717
>do everything perfect
>still get fucked over
yeah nah get fucked
>>
>>127131928
>THIS STATION HAS A ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY
>>
>>127132067
>do everything perfect
if you just didn't align yourself to the entry port from a distance and then zoom at max speed inside then you fucked up
>>
>>127131928
thats what you get for speeding
>>
>>127132067
>silent running in DBS
>43%heat
>still locked on by turrets
>bounty hunting
>deploy chaff
>still hit by turrets

NPCs are fucking unfair

small ships are EZ but big ships are just hundred meters of fuck you
>>
>>127132793
>Big ships

I hate bounty hunting big ships. I always hope that there are multiple ISS ships around to assist me with getting that sweet 100k bounty
>>
File: 1451330014626.png (427KB, 514x662px) Image search: [Google]
1451330014626.png
427KB, 514x662px
>>127132793
>shotgun pythons
>beamlaser gunshits
>railgun dropshits
JUST
>>
>>127132793
You think turrets are fucking bullshit
>go to pick on a wanted FAS in my Vulture
>stops moving the second I shoot him
>turns to face me with nothing but fixed lasers equipped
>doesn't thrust at all but manages to constantly face forward at me faster than I can fly around him

NEARLY FUCKING LOST THAT FIGHT. IT WAS FUCKING STUPID.
>>
>>127129301
>launching heat sinks and chaffing
Silent running makes you hard to spot, chaff disrupts targeting and pauses scans. Heat sinks announce your presence. You shouldn't be launching chaff unless you've seen "scan detected" on your HUD, and you should always activate silent running well before you get anywhere near the station if not immediately after dropping. You don't even need to boost, at 100% thrust then drop to 75% for the final approach and you can glide through the dock easily, and even if a scan is attempted, there shouldn't be enough time to complete it if you did everything correctly.
>>
>>127131928
that's literally italian highway police
>>
>>127133214
You do realise that chaff doesn't affect NPCs?
>>
>>127133297
bullshit

really?
>>
>>127133358
They still scan you. I've tried.
>>
I just bought the Adder, how much did I fuck up?
>>
Should I keep bounty hunting in my Vulture or buy a Type 7 and truck away?

Both are equally boring at the moment
>>
>>127133860
Space minivan is fun, and has cup holders.
>>
>>127133358
Chaff doesn't prevent Scans, it merely interrupts them for a few seconds. You remember bounty hunting, when you would try to scan a wanted dude and he would pop chaff? same thing.

it only buys you a couple of seconds, thats it once it's done the cops continue scanning you.
>>
>>127133960
>couple seconds

chaff lasts 5 seconds at least

I should know

I'm a bounty hunter
>>
File: Untitled.png (164KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
164KB, 800x600px
PLEASE LEARN HOW SILENT RUNNING WORKS, THANKS.
>>
>>127133925
>Space minivan
I think that sums up why the Adder is so fun
>>
I've never seen the whole family together before
>>
anybody know if these wedding barges are worth robbing?
>>
>>127135569
Cargo scan one and find out.
>>
>>127134385
WE KNOW

IT'S BROKEN THOUGH
>>
>>127127702
>>127127864
>>127127946
Blame the dads who complains about the npc being too easy while bragging that they can take down a harmless anaconda with their dadships so ftroop decided that instead of actually fixing the AI, they just took the SNK route.
>>
>>127135752
It's not broken, you're just being retarded and think its a magical invisibility field.

I WISH it were a magical invisibility field, because its fucking useless outside of smuggling into mail slots.
>>
>>127135951
your fucked mate
>>
>>127133153
I'm new and I fly a diamondback scout doing hires. I can actually feel the sweaty rage from the wanted NPCs when I constantly have their asses in full view in front of me, literally 2 meters away
it takes me a while to take down an anaconda/python/asp though, my fitting is literally shit, no part more expensive than 100k

is every ship with 8 points in manouverability this fun to fly? everybody always seem to talk federal ship here, asp explorer there, but what about the asp scout?
>>
I found a system with 6 different RES spots. one ring with 3 high, 1 ring with L/H/HAZ

none of them have ANY fucking ships around

what the fuck
>>
>>127136410
Asp Explorer is the new flavor of the ____ ship because of its jump range and cargo capacity. Even the dads are migrating from their Cobras.

Feddie ships are generally not as good as most public ships, but they have MORE GUN and look cooler than Empire fucking iShip white rounded apple garbage.

Haven't tried the scout desu.
>>
>>127136585
Sometimes you have to fly and wait till the VISION shows up.
>>
>>127136647
Asp has been popular since release.

It's just now the forum dads have earnt enough to afford it, since what, they only played 1hr a week?
>>
>Welcome to De Camp

oy vey
>>
>>127134385
>silent running doesn't turn you invisible to everyone
I understand this, but surely you have options to evade scans, as even one successful scan can make you fail your mission-
>no you can do nothing, get scanned, get fucked
okay, you can get scanned in silent running, you can do nothing against it when scanned after interdiction, so at least if you use silent running from far away to fly to the station and boost through, you are 2fast for scan-
>no you can still be scanned, get fucked
w-what? so skill and silent running basically has nothing to do with being scanned or not and I don't even have a retort once the scanning starts? it's all rng?
>exactly, enjoy the vision
>>
>accept hold cargo for x amount of time mission
>sit in marked system for contact scanning everything
>contact never arrives
what did I do wrong?
>>
Which ship has better handling, Viper MKIV or Cobra MKIII
>>
File: 20151230_192833.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151230_192833.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
>>127138475
You should ask your daddy.
>>
>>127137963
have you been molested by large blue text in your cockpit saying "X QUEST HAS BEEN UPDATED"?

If no keep waiting
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00002.jpg (332KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00002.jpg
332KB, 1920x1080px
>>127133153
>>127133012
>>127136410
This shit right here
unless you are behind them from the get-go, the opportunities to get into their flank are far and between and good lucky living that long like in my case just few seconds ago
>interdicted by system authority in anaconda
>submit and immediately try to boost into his rear
>his turn-rate somehow easily keeps up with me
>"hand over ur cargo m8 :^)"
>start shooting match
>I can't get into his ass no matter what I do
>keeps out-turning me
>keeps FUCKING RAMMING ME
looks like I can't handle all this VISION being shoveled into my face
>>
File: 1426389978362.png (312KB, 601x595px) Image search: [Google]
1426389978362.png
312KB, 601x595px
>>127133153
>pick on a wanted FAS in my vulture
>managed to turn around despite me being just 20m behind him.
>shoots 2 pa and boost rams me
>finally got his hull to 43%
>turns around boosts again
>couldn't evade because too close and not enough cap to boost
>got rammed again because pigfat FAS
>tried to aim back at him
>rammed again before I could squeeze the trigger
>rebuy screen
IT AIN'T FUCKING FAIR!
>>
>>127139220
It expired before I could
>>
>>127139227
>trying to stand your ground against an Anaconda
>in an asp

you should have just run senpai
>>
>>127136647
I just don't want to fall for meme ships with my tight noob income

>>127137061
whenever people talk about the asp, they mean the explorer, yes? I'm mostly interested in dogfights for now, with the endgoal to fly in the center and to the edge of the galaxy to look at new space wallpapers

guess I'll just stick to the cheaper, faster ships for now and investing a bit into the DBS
>>
People who sit in small stations for long periods of time should be banned
>>
>>127139621
Asp is a good ship though
>>
>>127139603
I have out-turned them in RES fightans, all you really need to do is drop their shields and then assfuck the powerplant

this time I realized too late that he was after my mission-related cargo according to VISION script
>>
>>127139227
Yes the Anaconda is surprisingly nimble despite its huge size

>Meanwhile the python, a ship half its size turns like a freighter

VISION
>>
>>127139621
Yes, the other Asp is a joke ship. Do not waste credits on it.

The Explorer is great, if you get 20 mil you can outfit it however you want, it'll be able to fly to the centre of the galaxy, hold its own in a fit, or at least live long enough to get away. Not good for looking for a fight unless it's PvE.

If you wanna fight before all that stuff i'd suggest looking at the Vulture.
>>
>>127139227
you are flying a big ship with medium manouverability of 6
>anaconda manouverability: 2

ah, I got nothing
>>
>>127140131
>If you wanna fight before all that stuff i'd suggest looking at the Vulture.

yeah, one of my friends already got it, looks to be the next goal
>>
File: 2016-01-02_00002.jpg (376KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_00002.jpg
376KB, 1920x1080px
>flying system to system, doing my thing while listening to music
>One - Metallica is playing, almost up to the big solos
>sitting close by the sun trying to refuel then suddenly interdicted
>have to submit, now engaged in a dogfight right near the sun
>SOLO STARTS
>ship is smoking
>battle rages on
>INTENSITY LEVELS REACHED MAX
>destroy the pirate
>fly out to cool off and resume refuelling
>song finishes
>wipe sweat off my brow
>>
File: hotas_floor.png (20KB, 869x404px) Image search: [Google]
hotas_floor.png
20KB, 869x404px
>>127140534
>dogfight gets intense
>THAT song is playing

what's its name, /dads/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDqQRuY-Voo
>>
>Have to bounty hunt for rank missions

Are the targets always going to be at Unidentified Signal Sources?
>>
File: fiendishhound.gif (20KB, 100x100px) Image search: [Google]
fiendishhound.gif
20KB, 100x100px
>>127142209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH49bFIZ5uA
>>
Is AI cockpit invincible?
>>
What determines whether a Black Market is available? I tried to bring some stolen goods to my normal smuggling black market and it wasn't available.
>>
>>127143462
Strength of your VISION.
>>
>>127143462
It says in the system view whether the station has it or not. It shouldn't change as far as I'm aware.
>>
>>127139686
im sitting in the hanger at an outpost right now. needed the toilet after handing in a mission, now im just shitposting

though its in a system where no other players seem to go
>>
>>127144414
Thats odd, I even checked a black market list and the station was on the list as having one and I'd used it before.
>>
>>127143462
Certain powers shut down black markets where they have control. There might be some minor faction conditions that do it too.
>>
>>127144816
Thats probably it, thanks
>>
>>127142209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3WcBLLMnQ4
>>
Any reason to keep my Eagle after getting Viper MKIII for bounty hunting?

Also, which ship should I be aiming for next upgrade?
>>
>Have checked 30 unidentified signal sources for a Fed bounty and still haven't found jack shit

FUCK.
>>
File: 1432732713787.jpg (100KB, 777x932px) Image search: [Google]
1432732713787.jpg
100KB, 777x932px
>asp with 30ly jump range
>somehow the AI in his eagle is able to consistently tail you for 10 jumps
>>
>>127148187
It's for balancing anon, it would be just too easy if you could run away with a faster ship
>>
>>127148187
lmao nigger it can tail all the way to Sag A*
>>
>assassination mission
>guy visible as soon as I enter system
>drops out and enters Ocellus station
how? he was wanted.
>>
>>127149548
Was it an NPC? How did you find him? I've been searching for this faggot for an hour now.
>>
>>127149736
Yes, I just got lucky and he was there when I arrived
>>
>>127150021
Then my mission must be bugged then. The last target I was after showed up immediately in the system. Fucking hell. These ranks are difficult enough to get as it is.
>>
File: shut up and take my fuck you.gif (400KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
shut up and take my fuck you.gif
400KB, 960x540px
>assassination mission
>look for the guy
>lol he's in an Eagle
>lol he's wanted
>interdict (no fine/bounty)
>interdiction success
>open fire
>400cr bounty gained for assault of dindunuffin
>>
>>127148187
It's worse. If you turn around and kill them, they respawn a few jumps later.

Though once I had two npc's in the same system with the same name.
>>
Is it possible to hire a cute space waifu to sit in my adders minivan seat?
>>
File: Shes not your waifu.jpg (360KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Shes not your waifu.jpg
360KB, 1920x1200px
>>127151231
Sorry anon, dogs only.
>>
>>127151602
thats no good, will space minivan waifus part of the Vision?
>>
>>127151915
Probably not. The forumdads campaigned that having your favorite pet/child stand next to your desk is the only copilot you'll ever need.
>>
>>127121271
>>127121876

It's not. The Viper's maneuverability is hilariously bad for a small fighter.

It has the same pitch rate as the DBE, not the DBS. That means it's nearly as slow on the turn as a Python or Dropship.
>>
>doing assassination in mediocre ship
>target mostly harmless
>target wingman competent
>struggling to kill target with wingman hammering me
>kill target just as canopy starts taking damage
>jump to supercruise just before it shatters
Feels pretty good lads, landing will be a bitch as I can barely see.
>>
>>127151915
>will space minivan waifus part of the Vision?
I'm pretty sure hireable AI crew members was one of the many billions of things on the initial list of features that the final vision will include.
>>
Thank Braben! Finally got enough to buy and kit a basic FDL/Python
Which one should I get?
It'll be a combat ship
Python
>Power plant, FSD, sensors and power distributor are all 1 class higher than the FDL's
>3x size 6, 3x size 5, 1x4, 2x3 internals
>3xL, 2xM, 4xU (weapons slots and utility)
FDL
>Smaller internals
>1x5, 2x4, 1x2 internal slots (top kek)
>1xH, 4xM, 6xU weapons and utility

If the fucking FDL had 2xL or 3xL weapons instead of the shitty 4xM and if it had one additional internal slot, it'd be a straight choice but this way that Python looks too damn good... Even if it's not primarily a combat ship.
Opinions?
>>
So the main purpose of the engine boost is to feel cool as you leave a station right.
>>
>>127153524
PYTHON
Y
T
H
O
N
>>
did they ever nerf the corvette?

IIRC it turns almost as fast as an Eagle
>>
>>127153041
Excellent, I hope I can't wait till my cute space minivan waifu
>>
>>127153041
>Final vision

Isn't that their 10 year plan or whatever?
>>
>>127156582
I wasn't aware it had a timescale other than simply being when Lord Braben permits it.
>>
>Only bounty hunt
>Constantly get interdicted with "I want what's in your hold"

The only thing that's in my hold are my guns to kill these faggots with. Goddamn this is annoying.
>>
>>127151602
good thing dads never fight, i dont like that dogs chances after a canopy breach

>>127153674
also used for smuggling and combat manoeuvres, but for PvE you wont need it. so yeah, mainly letterbox boosting
>>
>>127136410

The scoot has a C4 PD so sustained damage output is higher despite having the same weapon loadout.

Problem is that's very slow so ships may just pull into reverse and fly away from you while facing you so you can never get behind them.
>>
>>127137963

The mission timer isn't the number of minutes you have to wait. It's the actual in-game time in GMT.

So if you have to wait 12-12:15 it means the contact will show up between noon and 12:15 GMT.
>>
>followed 14 jumps by messenger in shitty eagle
>finally decide to listen in lawless system
>donation demand
>kill him instead
>2 jumps later same guy tries to give message again
what
>>
File: uuuuuuugh.jpg (366KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
uuuuuuugh.jpg
366KB, 1600x1200px
>>127157118
>be in Eagle
>literally no cargo rack because lol hull reinforcement
>interdicted
>"what's in your hold"

also don't they scan super fast? Isn't a scan supposed to take 10 seconds? I wear they scan you in less than half that
>>
>>127138475

The Viper MkIV gets out-pitched by the fucking fed Dropship. Even the MkIII has the turn rate of a Python.

The Cobra MkIII turns faster than either Viper.
>>
File: clips.png (1MB, 1021x641px) Image search: [Google]
clips.png
1MB, 1021x641px
>>127158141
>have 20LY jump range
>followed for 5 jumps by a pirate in an Eagle
>>
>>127140320

The maneuverability score is meaningless and isn't even derived from the ship's stats. The dev in charge of that just picked a number.

Case in point: The Python still has a 6 in agility despite the huge nerf to its maneuverability and translational thrusters months ago that turned it into a little space cow.
>>
File: 1443302172990.jpg (124KB, 1300x866px) Image search: [Google]
1443302172990.jpg
124KB, 1300x866px
>>127151231
>implying a fine lady would sit in your mom's space wagon
>>
>>127142214

Sometimes they'll be in Supercruise and you'll have interdict them or follow them until they drop out. Sometimes they'll interdict you instead.

Even if they show in in SC you can still find them in a USS. Literally even while you're looking right at them 10,000LS away in SC, you can drop into a USS and find them right there.

Because Frontier is amazing at consistency.
>>
File: sexy space minivan.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sexy space minivan.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>127158940
Then I'll just buy one and stick to Imperial space.

Also don't insult the Adder, its roomy!
>>
>>127142209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DkKuUGy5qM
>>
>>127153524

That's all great except for the part where the FDL glues its huge PA directly to your tailpipe forever.
>>
Is there a RES tracker anywhere for helping find bounty hunts for a given power?
apparently alliance exploited doesn't count which is a shame because I'm making millions per hour on my shitty eagle
>>
>>127159168
I had searched that system for 2 hours in between supercruise and checking every USS I could find. I ended up giving up and now I'm contemplating picking up a Type 6 to attempt the hauling missions instead.
>>
>>127160640

Since it's complete RNG it's entirely possible to never encounter them once during the entire mission window if you get sufficiently unlucky.
>>
>>127159739

That's a big mug.
>>
>>127153524
>python
>turns like a cow

>FDL
>hull made of tissue paper
>PA didn't match with my playstyle, and 4M weapon points had less damage than my Vulture
>maneuverability significantly worse than the Vulture

Just stick with a Vulture for combat, and if you REALLY want an upgrade, farm Fed Rank and buy an FAS. Almost as maneuverable as the Vulture, with a shitload more firepower, and a reactor delivering more power than you'll ever need. It's also one of the heaviest ships in the game, so you can just ram anything smaller than an >Asp for a free kill.

My FDL just sits collecting dust. I should sell it, but there's nothing else I really want to spend that money on.
>>
>>127159739
God damn I wish you could upgrade the adder to be viable at a high level. I'd never fly anything else given the option.
>>
>>127161014
For you.
>>
>>127161014
for you

>>127161176
Its just so fun to fly
>>
>>127161176
Orca is like a bigger adder
>>
>>127142209
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-Za5uBxsls
>>
>>127160878
>complete RNG

Well, that is horrible. You would think they would give a higher chance of these NPCs appearing for these missions.
>>
>>127161459
>Orca
Literally who
>>
>>127161459
>passenger liner
>not space minivan
Orca will never be as good as the adder
>>
File: 1450908149280.jpg (1MB, 1920x1178px) Image search: [Google]
1450908149280.jpg
1MB, 1920x1178px
How the fuck do i rank up to CPO to get my FAS?
>>
>unexplored, no name on it
>system map shows signs of an atmosphere
>bluish hue, might be an earthlike
>>
>>127161570
>>127160878

I took up a new bounty mission and immediately found the target in the first USS. So I'm guessing it was definitely bugged before. Now if only FD can fix that.
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00008.jpg (280KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00008.jpg
280KB, 1920x1080px
>>127162991
Maybe if I could post a fucking image.
>>
File: scr00036.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scr00036.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>127146194
>tfw no elite-like game set in the Homeworld galaxy
>you will never reach the galactic north to explore the bentusan lands and whatever they left behind
>you will never fight Turanic Raiders in the Great Wastelands
>you will never be part of the Turanic Raiders and attack Hiigaran cargo ships at the edge of their republic
>you will never fly through the massive rusting bulks of ancient starships on the karos graveyard
>you will never reach the eastern front and pilot a Hiigaran bomber, blasting thru the hull of a Taiidan Qwaar-Jet heavy cruiser
>you will never pilot a Qwaar-Jet heavy cruiser and send oppression to the enemies of the empire
>you will never raid other tribes with hundreds of ships swarming around in the Vaygr reaches
>you will never scout the anomalous areas of the galactic south and find whatever is lurking at the edge of the galaxy

why live
>>
>>127163140
I wonder how long it will be until we can land on planets that aren't just baron rock and sand.
>no ability to build your own space outposot on a distant jungle planet
>>
>>127163345
>you'll never risk your life by mining in the Garden of Kadesh
>you'll never protect the Garden in a Giant Space Needle
>>
>>127163384
>No ability to...

I wish I was that fat faggot Notch right now. I'd use one of my billions of dollars to begin development of the best of both SC and E:D with extra shit like that.
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00010.jpg (122KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00010.jpg
122KB, 1920x1080px
>>127163384
Fuck me, having a base outside the bubble would be nice.

So I get my name on this shit when I go sell the data to someone, right?
>>
>>127153041
Unfortunately Lord Braben himself confirmed that we will not be able to hire NPC's to man the multicrew seats on our ships.
>>
>>127164204
thats awful, I want my space waifu
>>
>>127163345
I would play the shit out of that.
>>
What does /edg/ do while afking in supercruise?
>>
File: 1442178607263.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1442178607263.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>127165480
I guess you'll have to stick to your chinese cartoons.
>>
>>127166252
Homegym mustard race. Smash out a few sets. If I'm done working out for the day, I put some Annie Mae on my second screen.
>>
Guys a while ago I read about a game that was like elite but turn based, I think it was ITT

I've promptly forgot what it was called, anyone have a clue what it could be?
>>
>thick german accented station announcer
I have no idea what tolerance this station has to criminal activity!!!
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00011.jpg (202KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00011.jpg
202KB, 1920x1080px
>been jumping for last night and tonight
>barely out of the Orion arm

It's gonna be a long one, isn't it?
>>
>>127166573
Do you have a standing desk or is your video output hooked up to a tv?
>>
>>127165547
Homeworld is a really cool universe both artistic and lore wise.
>>
>>127166637
Think I found it with transendence
>>
>get interdicted
>try to submit
>INTERDICTION EVADED
>>
>>127167447
guy overshot you
>>
i refitted my python to merchanting
that was a great choice
>>
>>127164204
In the near future or never ever?
>>
>>127165547
>Hiigaran empire
I thought they were a republic
>>
File: wonderous braben.png (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wonderous braben.png
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>127167882
never ever
>>
>>127167447
>I'll hit the brakes, he'll fly right by
>>
>>127166842
Are you using any of the new crafting stuff/materials?
>>
>>127167038
Neither. I just have both my gym and my computer in the only room in the house I'm allowed to myself.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+02.19.09).jpg (228KB, 1343x681px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+02.19.09).jpg
228KB, 1343x681px
I need help, new to the game. How do I get the delivery details? Theres nothing in Contacts and Corwin isnt a system nor a station
>>
>>127168781
Nope
>>
>>127169592
Corwin is the agent, he should turn up at the time that was listed when you accepted the contract
>>
>>127169804
So under Contacts? So I just wait?
>>
>>127170036
You're in supercruise space right? Not parked at a station?
>>
>>126986524

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXhuso4OTG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJTGaJbQu3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAbzlj3nf4E
>>
>>127170117
Currently yes, departing into space now
>>
>>127170036
stay at supercruise and wait, keep scanning things at supercruise as they go past to keep you occupied
>>
>>127162991

You can figure out what kind of planet it is before actually going there by listening to it on the system map.

Earthlikes will occasionally make animal noises while selected, like birds chirping.

If it's just a water world, it'll bubble.

>>127164178
>So I get my name on this shit when I go sell the data to someone, right?

Yes.
>>
>>127170324
okey cool thanks
>>
>>127170503
When (and if, they can be a bit buggy) he does show make sure not to clear targeting from his wake once he drops or you're buggered
>>
>>127167578

It's literally impossible for this to happen. During an interdiction the two ships are glued together like they were attached by really long stick. The interdictor pitches and rolls to keep your under their crosshairs but their actual movement through space is controlled by the interdictee.

You can exploit this mechanic to whip a pursuer right into a planet or ring system if you're close enough.

The AI just goes full retard sometimes and stops keeping their crosshair on your ship, so you rapidly win the minigame.
>>
>>127170685
So wait I have to get into supercruise and then just drop somewhere randomly in space? Or stay in supercruise?
>>
>>127170985
wait in super cruise, eventually the guy will show up, lock onto him and move towards him, he'll eventually say that he's dropping out and to follow him, you should auto lock onto his wake, put your throttle into the blue zone and drop out when you get the safe disengage message while locked onto the low wake, the message will then be transferred
>>
>>127170985
You find Corwin. Follow their wake and lock on to it like you're going to a station.
>>
>>127170985

You stay in supercruise. At some point within the specified window of time (it's actual hour:minute time of day in GMT) the contact will show up and communicate with you. They'll try to get near you and then drop out of supercruise, then you drop into the low energy wake they leave behind in SC to reach them.
>>
we had bounty hunting music
now post your favourite tradeing music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckVYO9oI8vc
>>
>>127171768
Robigo's system anthem
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8
>>
File: dog magnum.jpg (108KB, 640x630px) Image search: [Google]
dog magnum.jpg
108KB, 640x630px
>>127171768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY1YMua3JkI

It's what I end up hearing.
>>
>>127171768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv2x_mmSKYY&list=PL1FF48CBC2774F0D1
>>
>>127170985
Tell us when you find him lad
>>
File: hollowfeel.png (32KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
hollowfeel.png
32KB, 633x758px
>>127163345
>you will never join a crew of skilled space miners and be forced to refit your ship for combat to survive an ancient biological weapon devouring entire sectors
>>
>>127173302
still havent. Mission time is at 0D 0H and im drifting in SC since ages, no ones coming
>>
>>127173382
Sometimes the missions don't work
>>
>>127173460
oh shit is jsut got updated
>>
File: images.jpg (7KB, 266x190px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
7KB, 266x190px
>>127172056
Best there is
>>
>>127173607
Time to go slaving you heartless bastard
>>
>>127171768

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhjkJIPOGO8

I've got like 5 hours of Red Simpson trucking tunes. Cosy as fuck.
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.08.39).jpg (182KB, 1161x501px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.08.39).jpg
182KB, 1161x501px
>>127173769
Actually I messed up and my ship got destructed, but ive taken another mission like these, for weapon transport
>>
>>127173953
serves you right for being a heartless slaver. arms dealing isn't that much better though I guess
>>
>>127174151
b-but i just want reputation
>>
>>126986524
What disappointing replies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BFtvw2XlyA
>>
>>127174347
Think about what your doing anon, this is a sandbox!
>>
>>127171768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRBEveygYg
>>
>>127171768
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiTIiFxxmdA
>>
>>127174446
Finally shes here.
Yeah I know, I'll probably stop doing it. (Well, more because it fucking need ages but yeah)
>>
>>127175643
Its too late, you've already probably caused the murder of countless innocents
>>
>>127175724
Fine with me, im a bounty hunter anyway
>>
>>127175851
why anon, what did the people of Hirapa do to you?
>>
>>127175925
stop making me feel bad, I just need to put food on the table!
>>
File: ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.36.30).jpg (17KB, 568x162px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-01-02+at+03.36.30).jpg
17KB, 568x162px
>>127175925
>>127176294
ok now I actually feel bad
>>
Diamondback Fighter when

Vulture isn't cute at all
>>
>>127176294
You could've done a nice morally clear cargo mission for something like coffee or computer components.

>>127176476
so you should
>>
>>127176294
>wants to put food on the table
>trades slaves
>doesn't just eat the slaves

Bro, you don't slave to put food on the table. You slave to put the universe's finest wine in your glass, and the finest meat in your belly, while flying around in a spaceship with 3 ballrooms, a pool, a hot tub, a sauna, and a diamond encrusted chandelier every 5 feet.

If you just want food on the table, you're in the wrong business.
>>
>>127176765
best bit is those aren't nice legal voluntary Imperial slaves in nice legal imperial space
>>
>>127176294
>I just need to put food on the table
>not eating pirate meat
>>
File: 1376136877102.jpg (139KB, 1438x810px) Image search: [Google]
1376136877102.jpg
139KB, 1438x810px
>>127176942
The best part is you cook them on the spot.
>>
File: thats not enough time.jpg (45KB, 634x626px) Image search: [Google]
thats not enough time.jpg
45KB, 634x626px
>>127164204
>you will never run cargo with your space waifu
>>
File: ranmacream.png (75KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
ranmacream.png
75KB, 184x184px
>>127150361
>working as intended
>>
>>127178197
I-I can be your space waifu
>>
Are Hostage rescue missions still broken as shit?
>>
>>127178420
Can you sit in the cockpit of my ship?
>>
>>127178497
Yes

>Friend gets hostage rescue
>Guy is wanted along with holding onto the hostages
>rescues them and gets slapped with a bounty
>>
File: curiuous.jpg (138KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
curiuous.jpg
138KB, 500x300px
>>127179186
>land on planet
>find cache
>carefully scan each sentinel to make sure they're wanted
>start shooting
>100cr bounty added, assault of sentinel
>1000cr bounty awarded, destruction of criminal sentinel

I mean what the fuck
>>
File: Fuck (2).png (575KB, 534x622px) Image search: [Google]
Fuck (2).png
575KB, 534x622px
>>127179186
>>127178497
>Kill hostage taker
>pick up 4 hostages
>Weird, mission said 2
>go back to the station
>on the way there see the target name again
>Clean
>Mission Target
>look at mission
>Hostages (Mission Specific)
>look at hold
>generic hostages
>>
>>127179510
That image is accurate as fuck.
>>
>>127178501
I can do anything for you sempai
>>
>Kill Lando
>Empire makes you Prince
This happened.
>>
File: im sorry.jpg (21KB, 545x317px) Image search: [Google]
im sorry.jpg
21KB, 545x317px
>>
>>127180127
I thought he had like 1m bounty on his head
>>
Thinking of upgrading to the Cobra III, is it worth my time or should I just save for the next ship up?
>>
>>127180539
are you still in a sidewinder?
>>
>>127180649
No I'm on the Hauler
>>
>>127180539
I went from Sidewinder -> Cobra Mk3 -> Vulture when I first started. It's a good ship.
>>
is there any fucking way to make the launcher default to 64bit
>>
>>127180539
once you're making the kind of money needed for a cobra you might as well go for the mkiv
>>
>>127180791
uninstall 32-bit
>>
>>127180539
Cobra is pretty decent. Only thing I fucking hated was the hard point location.

If it bugs you enough just save a little more for a Viper MkIV
>>
>>127180749
>>127180839
>>127181320
Cheers anons your advice has helped
>>
What's the equation for figuring out how far you can go on a single tank of gas
>>
How far would I have to go to reach a planet/star that hasn't been explored by anyone else? Is it advisable to go in a direction with nothing of note to increase my chances?
>>
File: 2016-01-01_00006.jpg (271KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-01_00006.jpg
271KB, 1920x1080px
>Get interdicted by pirate.
>Shoot at pirate.
>Get bounty.

V I S I O N
I
S
I
O
N
>>
>>127181680
not too far really, the amount of stars to potentially visit increases by the square of the distance from the starting point, about 100 000 systems in the bubble and maybe another 100 000 discovered by players if you're generous
>>
>warrant scan pirate NPC
>100k
>kill him
>check transactions
>bounty in Empire Space
>nearest Empire system is 200ly~
>>
I've been playing this game for almost a month, mostly has bounty hunter and other smuggling stuff. I also try playing with the powerplay. I'm alone in general, but sometimes with a friend we try doing stuff together. And I got one or two questions.

Where the fuck is the massive multiplayer online game ? I mean sure, there's people that you'll see on your system, depending on the system you'll see more or less people, but no one talks to you. Even if you start talking, they'll respond "hi" and will not give a shit about you since they probably got more important stuff to do.

I was expecting more, like missions you could only do with friends for example, being able to participate on a race in various environments, making some battles alone or in group, participating on a championship alone and in team (sure there's the CQC, but I heard you don't participate with your ship and that it wasn't very good. I need to give it a try I guess) etc.
For me, this game lack of in game tools to make it more sociable.
I feel that they should have made the Power Play something more important with more objectives and making it more understandable (yeah there's one or two things that I still don't get, even after reading tutorials) , forcing people to participate, and going to the main system of their factions, like on many mmo. In this system you would be able to meet more people, and participate on activities, like races, battles.. and ofc PP related stuff.

Am I missing something or this game lack of some important features like those ?
To play with someone you don't know irl require you to go on forums, find people to play with and then... well I don't know what you can do with them. Probably participate in community goals ? But apart that ?
>>
>>127180203
That's a CMDR which name i have seen many times as top bounty in countless stations.
Anyway, Miku is pleb tier she won't be missed.
>>
>>127179470
all the fucking time

literally every bounty on my head is because of this
>>
>>127179510
could two stars orbit each other this close IRL? They'd have to be spinning around like mad so they don't collide
>>
>>127184835
Some do, more realistically they may have accretion disks
>>
>>127184835
binary star
>>
>>127184835
Completely depends on the stars and what the roche limit would be
>>
File: 1437192206160-3.jpg (41KB, 524x377px) Image search: [Google]
1437192206160-3.jpg
41KB, 524x377px
>>127183842

It's not an MMO. If you bought this game because you thought it would be, I'm sorry but you have been take on for a ride.

When the was being made, no one asked for an online mode. It was supposed to be singleplayer just like the old Elite and Frontier were. Then suddenly, the devs announced that there was going to be an online mode built into the game. People thought oh neat, we can play co-op with friends if we want to!

But no, it's basically always-online DRM that masquerades as a game feature. And fortunately for them, they have legions of rabid fans on the community that will never allow a feature like clans or any kind of meaningful MMO feature to make it into the game.

Also lol PowerPlay. I have no idea how long you've been in the game, but there used to be a player group around that fancied themselves a trader guild or something like that. They tried to blockade a system for one reason or another and they killed basically anyone who came in that was not part of them to try to deplete all trade from that system. Two things happened: 1) People on the forum bitched to the high heavens that a group would try to change the world like that. 2) People just went to solo to completely avoid them. The group shortly disbanded after that because nothing they did made any difference on the game.

Seriously, don't look too deeply into this. If you have a friend that was also suckered into the game, go shoot stuff in a CZ with them or do some trading while listening to an audiobook, but don't pretend like you're going to get some immersive, deep gameplay from this game.
>>
>>127185736
>meaningful mmo features

MMO's are shit, there's a reason space sims were considered dead while EVE was going strong the whole time

because it's shit
>>
>>127186084

Whether MMOs are shit or not isn't the point. They made a game and slapped the "MMO" label to lure people in while including none of the features of a basic MMO.

Hell, being able to form a clan or group isn't even a sole MMO feature and it isn't included in the game, and doing so would arguably make the game much, much better.
>>
>>127186424
a wing is a group, it was lacking at first but now it isn't
>>
>get interdicted by an Alliance Enforcer in a system without a single Alliance party in it
>kill him cause it's a fucking Eagle
>10k bounty for killing an Alliance shitter in a fucking Federation system

The fuck
>>
>>127186891

It's the most barebones way of fixing the problem, and only after a good while after the game actually came out.

I could go back and forth about how there's more they could add to make groups and other features much better and more intuitive but I get the feeling I'll get the response of "No, MMO BAD" but the problem lies with the fact that they made a shitty hybrid of a multiplayer and singleplayer game that sucks ass as both.

I'm relatively certain everyone else wishes they just made a singleplayer game but this is what we're stuck with. They could atleast try adding things to improve the game as it is instead of constantly sidestepping and adding shitty features like CQC and PowerPlay that add nothing to either the single or multiplayer aspects of the game.
>>
>>127187724
The only "problem" with the multiplayer is playing with your friends. Wings solves that.
>>
>>127187876

Playing with your friends to shoot shit in a CZ for hours on end or interdict random dads you find around Eravate.

Riveting gameplay.
>>
>>127187724
Elite Dangerous makes perfect sense in that the company making it has been making themepark games for the last few decades. That's all this is, a theme park in space. They don't know any better.
>>
>>127188208
>elite is a theme park

do you even know what that means
>>
>>127188473
>>127188208
A museum would be a better analogy. There's a bunch of neat things to look at, but can't touch and it's up to the staff to decide what paintings and statues go where.
>>
>>127188208

That's a patently ridiculous statement. Elite Dangerous is nothing like a theme park.

Theme parks are fun.
>>
>>127187724
>>127186424
>>127185736
The thing is that They sell it as some sort of mmo. Whether it was supposed to be one or not I don't care. There is an online mode and I can create a wing, but I find it pointless since I don't find anything to do with a friend. They wanted an online mode so why they didn't made something good and useful for the players ? The solo game is great but it's like they failed the mmo part.

Even if they didn't made a real mmo game, they should have made it more relevant.

But whatever. what are the next things coming to the game ? Do they communicate about it ? Not only for this year, do they have plan for the future ?
>>
>>127191568
Everyone who backed on kickstarter for Elite IV and not EVE 2.0 cares.

The type of game that it is is "mingleplayer". A singleplayer game where you can meet other people. Like Destiny, or Meme Souls.
>>
Howdy folks,

Im a lazy fuck that played E:D up to Clipper back before powerplay and getting back into it after seeing that beauty of an Imperial Cutter now exists.

Now, I only have a clipper and 10mil to my name. With the new systems in place, any progression that you would recommend to reach that obscenely priced ship?

What kind of ship progression should I expect to do or just hang in my clipper till bounty hunting drives me and my friends mad?
>>
>>127188208
>welcome to VISIONWORLD!
cool lets start with the waterslide
>sorry thats out of order, but you can still que for it!
ok, how about the rollercoaster instead
>sure! thats another £30 to enter that side of the park
that sucks but i want to ride something, here you go
>thanks! the rollercoaster que starts here
i cant see the ride
>its not built yet, but you can look at where its going to be put!
is there anything that does work here?
>sure! the quiet area is very popular, dont forget to visit the gift shop!
>>
FDS or FAS worth it for piracy antics?
>>
>>127193281
I'd say the best option for you would be to pledge to ALD and bounty hunt after reaching rating 5 with her. I'm tempted to switch powers just for the bonus. Or you could just do the Robigo smuggling missions everyone seems to be doing.
>>
>>127195289
FAS for sure.
>>
>>127197336
Realistically, how long does it take to grind out one of those if I'm starting from null. I stopped playing in September, have 400k credits to my name and 0 standing with Feds.
>>
>>127193281
Switch to Asp
Robigo
Switch to Python
Robigo
>>
>>127197556
At that point, it'll probably take you about 30-40 hours of grinding, depending on what you do. You'd probably want to step up to a Vulture if you're bounty hunting.
>>
>>127198175
Bah. Can't say I didn't see something like that coming. Guess I'll just stick to my babby Cobra Mk3 and see what fun I can scrape pirating.
>>
File: spaceshipcontrols.png (778KB, 1645x488px) Image search: [Google]
spaceshipcontrols.png
778KB, 1645x488px
>there will never be a THC peripheral for space games

>muh atmospheric hotas
>>
>>127178501
yeah i'll sit on your cockpit
>>
File: FuckThisFuckingGameReeeeeeeeee.png (982KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FuckThisFuckingGameReeeeeeeeee.png
982KB, 1280x720px
ARK finally came out for xbone. I will likely never play this shitshow of a game ever again.

And I was so close to the core...
>>
>>127158256
They probably do scan you in 10 seconds, it just fucks up and starts the scan half completed
>>
>>127197208
how do you rank up with ALD?
>>
>>127198058
why would you switch to Python?

the asp will outjump it by far

just asp it until cutter
>>
>>127200429
Not pledged to a combat power, so I'm not 100% sure of all the ways. I know you can undermine in other power's territories, fight in cordon zones, and I think you can deliver supplies. Undermining might be the best way.
>>
>>127198175
wow, 30-40 hours to grind fed missions to get a assship or dropshit ?

>>127200619
does it take long?
>>
>>127200747
It's a grind, and you lose half of your merits each week.
>>
>>127200601
>by far
The difference is like 5-6 LY at most when loaded
Python has enough slots to fit both twice the cargo of Asp and a bigger fuel scoop, I consider that to be a good trade
>>
>>127198058
>>127200601
Wait, Robigo wasn't fixed along with Sothis?
>>
>>127200805
maaan i've been out of this game too long and I'm just gonna avoid it until I gitgud, thanks for the spoonfeed
>>
>>127189832
And excessively expensive for the experience you get... Wait... Just like Elite!
>>
>>127200826
Well it can be failed and NPC spawns are really annoying when you have 15 missions stacked
>>
So uhhh, would this be considered decent for Robigo/smuggling and protecting myself if I ever get into trouble?

http://coriolis.io/outfit/python/06D5D5A4D6D6D5C15151527270002020305054i-3a--2f2i.Iw18eQ==.Aw18eQ==
>>
>>127204465
It's a start. I'd try to fit it with more cargo space. When I did Robigo runs, I always just zero'd throttle and jumped away when I got interdicted.
>>
>>127204465
point defence is a meme
>>
>>127204465
Does chaff avoids a cargo scan just like it avoids kill warrant scans?
>>
>>127204603
Can't always just jump away if they're one of those annoying cunts that keep pestering you, sometimes it's just easier to submit and then kill them.

Though sometimes annoying when it's system security or whatever and they'll straight up fail the missions if you submit..

Yeah the cargo wasn't set yet, will use the other empties for it if i'm not putting anything else in it.

>>127204676
Is it? I've had it on my Asp and it apparently shoots shit but yeah dunno if it's actually doing anything helpful or not yet.

>>127204843
It doesn't avoid scans, it just puts a temporary pause on the scan to help you get through the pigeon hole and hide.
>>
When will they buff torpedo and missile? This game is so boring
>>
>>127205652
Right after revamping the whole combat system which is "dogfight or bust" at the moment
>>
>>127205746
do you think star citizen has good combat?
>>
>>127205045
>>127204843
Chaff doesn't do shit against NPC scans
Source: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php?t=163333&p=2491610&viewfull=1#post2491610
>>
>>126955146
I just wanted EVE online where I could control my ship directly instead of point and click. Hopes destroyed.
>>
>>127205937
star conflict has good combat
>>
>>127205937
Never played it
I think freelancer and X have alright combat, since turrets can actually shoot things so big ships don't have to turnfight small ones
>>
>>127205938
Good find.

Well that's disappointing to hear.
>>
>>127205045
>Is it? I've had it on my Asp and it apparently shoots shit but yeah dunno if it's actually doing anything helpful or not yet.

It does in fact shoot down incoming missiles and does a pretty good job of it too.

Problem is, missiles have all the explosive power of a wet fart.

They do fuck-all if your shields are up and even if they're down it's not much worse than taking a single hit from a large cannon.
>>
>>127206079
They really need to fix that small fighters and big ships handle too similarly at the moment. There should be a grater difference in speed an agility.
>>
>>127207539

Big ships should turn slow and they really should have made turrets actually useful while being limited to bigger ships.

Say it fits a small hardpoint but you still need a big enough structure to bolt it to. Or just have dedicated turret mounts. idgaf, just fix that shit.
>>
>>127015301
I bought the vanilla game twice for me and a bud at 50€ and now its like 10 bucks in the sale.
I learned my lesson so ill wait a year untill whorizons is 10 bucks and the next expansion is gonna be shitfuck overpriced again
>>
>>127207807
>dedicated turret mounts

now that actually sounds like a good idea, FL did have that
>>
File: v2n2ad7[1].jpg (23KB, 600x435px) Image search: [Google]
v2n2ad7[1].jpg
23KB, 600x435px
>there will never be a huge hardpoint nuclear lance weapon
>>
File: 2016-01-02_00002.jpg (227KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02_00002.jpg
227KB, 1920x1080px
Anyone at Robigo?

I'd appreciate it if someone could hop here to gimme some fuel, all outta FSD juice. I'm just 120 LY or 15 jumps away from Robigo.
>>
File: fei5nt.jpg (73KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
fei5nt.jpg
73KB, 645x773px
I'm aware that this game gets a lot of bad rap for being a "DLC" cash cow(with Horizons and yearly releases and what not).

However, that being said. I'm still interested...

Is this a good game for someone who believes they were born too late to explore the world but also born too early to explore the stars?
>>
>>127191789
But you don't meet other players. In Dark Souls you always see Signs which you can summon and you get invaded often.
I have 25 hours in this game and Ive only seen one other player who werent my friends so far.
I saw videos etc of ED before buying it and went in excepting something a bit similiar to EVE, but with major differences in flying, exploring, systems etc. but its literally bots everywhere. Oh yeah I get it Bot XYZ wants my cargo for whatever reason again so exciting
>>
>>127207807
>Or just have dedicated turret mounts.

Turrets should never have been mountable in fixed/gimbal mounts. You can actually run into tiny AIs like Sidewinders and Eagles with pulse turrets ranked Elite because expensive gear = higher rank and they're every bit as hopelessly shit as you'd expect.

They should have their own mounts and deal actual damage.
>>
>>127208330
check your firewall, it might be fucking over matchmaking
>>
>>127208221
fuelrats.com
>>
>>127208221
>that puny jump range
just fly into the sun m8, it's not like your ship is worth anything
>>
>>127208393
Firewall is deactivated anyway, fuck windows. I dont even have an antivirus on currently.

Anyway, maybe I shouldnt expect EVE 2.0 but still, my big problem is that every MMO aspect is there, expect the players. You have the kind-of bad combat, the retarded nonsensical quests, the grindy "watch a movie while youre doing it" jobs and so on from an MMO, but not the actual players which make the game worthwhile.
>>
>>127208517
actually I only ran out of fuel after 90 consecutive jumps
>>
File: elitedangerous[1].jpg (2MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
elitedangerous[1].jpg
2MB, 2560x1440px
>>127208543
>kind-of-bad-combat

That and seeing space things is nearly the whole reason I'm even playing it desu, it's pretty good to me.

Good zero g combat is difficult as fuck to make but they did a pretty good job of avoiding turreting, endless jousting, shooting at dots and other boring as fuck shit that tends to happen in these types of games. It feels more like actual dogfighting.
>>
>>127208775
Small jumps consume less fuel, so it's nothing special
>>
>>127208881
>It feels more like actual dogfighting
Which makes no sense after you move past sidewinder
>>
>>127208775
90 jumps, has that taken you like 3 hours to do?
>>
Roughly how much dosh can a fully upgraded type 9 make? I'm talking about just trading from the commodoties market. Is it worthwhile at all?
>>
>>127208248
It's fun to Explore to an extent, but after 20 to 50 or so hours, it gets boring due to the lack of depth. I reccomend only getting the base game if it's on sale, and passing on the 60$ Mako dlc.
>>
>>127207807
>>127207939
What about all those fucking Utility slots?

I honestly can't see anybody fitting each slot with a shield booster. I'd rather put some cheap class 1 turrets there.
>>
>>127210979
Shield booster is a must for big fighter ship like FDL
>>
What happened if you turn off life support module?
>>
>>127208423
danke
>>
>>127211052
Yeah but can you actually fill up all the utility slots without blowing over your generator?

I can only fit two C ranks and a chaff on my Vulture before its maxed out.
>>
>>127211271
That's why I said big

Vulture reactor is small
>>
>>127211215
You use your emergency oxygen, E rating life support give 5 minutes.
>>
New thread >>127211612
>>
>be new
>"cool, lots of options to choose from in fitting"
>get space helicopter ship
>2 small, 2 medium hardpoints
>look around online
>"2x class1 pulse, 2x class2 multi-cannon"
>no reason to use anything else, except switch multi-cannons for regular cannons if I don'T care about hitting my target all the time
>already bored of both setups

should I just go fixed weapons for pve to learn how to aim, or is fixed only useful in pvp (beause higher range)?
also, how often do you turn flight assist off when ratting? for example boosting away then turning around to shoot while you are in reverse now?
>>
>>127211906
go all fixed pulse because fun. I turn flight assist off for handbrake turns only.
>>
>>127197556
Took me an hour of charity grinding in 17 Draconis to get from nothing to FAS.
Thread posts: 759
Thread images: 106

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.