[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, anon. January 31st is fast approaching, which means,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 513
Thread images: 46

File: tax_return_360_18s4kr3-18s4ksi.jpg (76KB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
tax_return_360_18s4kr3-18s4ksi.jpg
76KB, 360x270px
Alright, anon.

January 31st is fast approaching, which means, it's time to file your tax return and get back some of the money you paid to the government.

How much do you think you're getting back and what are you blowing it all on?

>New Motherboard
>Crossfiring two 6950's since I have one and was given a second for free, fuck buying a new card.
>New Couch and TV for my living room since I don't own a couch or second TV.
>Considering subscribing to LootCrate for the sake of getting a chance at a few cool vidya-related memorabilia to shove around my new condo.
>One, perhaps two new monitors and a wallmount for them.
>A desk and chair since I currently just lie in bed with my monitor leaned up against my tower next to me.
>>
I'm probably gonna get like $50 back because I don't overpay anymore like a minimum wage pleb

So I guess I'll use it for gas money
>>
>>324381974
I was thinking about blowing it on a Core i7 build so I can emulate more powerful games, but eh I dunno anymore. I was going to buy a PS4, but I don't know about that either. I thought about a new TV, but my TV is still perfect for what I use it for.

So I'll probably just stick it in my pocket until something surfaces that doesn't suck.
>>
>america
we do that in april
and get money back (if you get money back) in june
>>
I'm gonna get a new TV, 24 inches just isn't cutting it for me
I'm looking at a 40 inch Samsung with all the buzzwords: 4K, 3D, Curved
If I don't get as much as I thought I would get, I'll drop the curved part because Samsung makes the exact same tv just not curved
>>
>>324383298
>not filing as soon as you get your W-2
>not getting direct deposit so you get your refund in a week or two

That said, I'll probably get jack and shit, because I'm outside of the piss-poor income level that allows me to get some big-ass credit.
>>
You can tell how many poor people visit /v/ just from this thread because they're happy about overpaying the government

Fucking dumbasses
>>
>>324381974
>have so little savings that you can't do these purchases when you need them
>blow potential savings right away
Stop fucking up the world economy, americans
>>
>>324381974
>getting enough on your tax returns to pay for a motherboard, couch, tv, lootcrate subscription, two monitors, a desk and a chair
how much money do you fucking make
>>
I haven't had a job in over a year so I'm not doing a damn thing.
>>
Nigger tier - Multiple thousands of refund due to EIC
Normie tier - High refund due to never touching W4s and various deductions and credits
High Test Tier - As close as possible to zero balance
Balls of Steel Tier - Withholding as little as possible to ensure that you owe just enough to not be penalized for underwithholding

I file Schedule C for some minimal amounts so no balls of steel for me. I don't need the potential headache.
>>
>>324383694
t. underage
>>
>>324381974
>LootCrate
I want normies to fuck off back to Reddit
>>
>my dad does my taxes
I feel kinda bad about it, but he doesn't want me to have to deal with it until I'm done my associate's and out of the house.
How do I into the IRS, /v/
>>
>>324381974
Most likely spend everything going out with a tiny asian to finally get to bring her home an fuck her for 2 straight hours
>>
I'll use it to build a PC. The laptop I'm using now is ancient.
>>
>>324384441
Are you dating a prostitute, anon?
>>
>>324384152
Generally you either
>take a course/have someone who knows how to do it teach you
>buy software that does it for you
>pay someone to do it for you

At its core, filing your taxes is actually pretty easy, but it's also easy to make mistakes which can fuck up your return or worse.
>>
File: at last I truly see.png (33KB, 255x216px) Image search: [Google]
at last I truly see.png
33KB, 255x216px
>tfw living on my own for the first time
>tfw didnt know you got money back from your taxes until now
>tfw have no idea how to file my taxes and have no recollection of my pay since I only started working irregularly a few months ago

what do
>>
>>324384152
IRS has plenty of instructional stuff out there, and particularly given your case (not yet having a college degree), you can probably figure out what to do in a few minutes. In fact you might quality to file using 1040EZ, which is indeed really easy to fill out.

Enter W2 on a line, reduce that and other earnings by standard deduction and exemption, determine taxable income from that, determine tax from taxable income, net tax against withholding, done.

Look over the 1040 instructions and I guess Publication 17 if you have more questions, but I bet just the former would be enough.
>>
>>324384854
If worse comes to worse, make an appointment with a tax preparation service. Only do this if you suck at doing research.
>>
>>324384807
>>324385062
thanks, anons
>>
>>324383426
Drop the 3D too, its a gimmick
>>
>>324384854
Try to recreate your earnings in a journal format as best as you can and file it as Schedule C self employment income.

If that's all you have in income and you have no withholding, you will likely have a net balance to owe and no refund.
>>
>>324384854
Your employer is legally required to send you a copy of your W2 for them, which records your pay for last year. (unless you've been getting paid under the table, in which case, you won't be filing anything)

It sounds to me like you've probably made less than $5k unless it pays really good, so you'll probably get all of your tax withholdings back.
>>
>>324384676
As far as I know, no
>>
>>324385284
Then why do you have to shell out tax-return sized dosh on a date in order to fuck her?
>>
>>324385189
Nah
I'm embracing it
>>
>>324385342
Because I live alone and I have expenses. Extra money always helps. I should get a better job and rethink my life decisions
>>
>>324385221
He possibly could be a contractor and would have everything reported on a 1099 MISC, if they're being proper.
>>
I'm probably going to have to pay. I always get paranoid about this stuff.
>>
>>324385836
"Everyone" pays. The question to be answered is if you paid in advance (through withholding and accounting for credits) or not.

Having a refund is nothing to be proud of. You should want your money. You earned it.
>>
>mfw no idea how to do or pay my taxes
Never got taught how to, the fuck am I supposed to do?
>>
>>324385463
3D is a stupid fucking gimmick and everybody knows it.

>>324386228
Google it. Why do you need to be spoonfed?
>>
>>324386228
As said before, read the instructions on the Forms. Read the 1040 Instructions (to the extent that something applies to you, don't read it like a book). If you have one, read the back of your W2. It tells you what to do with each box value. Go from there.
>>
>Freelance write for a living
>Get absolutely fucked come tax day because 15% self-employment tax on top of normal state+federal taxes
>Made about 32k last year, so will probably pay about 6k in taxes since i have few deductible expenses.
Fuck this.
>>
Why does stupid shit like this even exist? How can you overpay your taxes? Why are you getting the money back?
Can't they just take a flat percentage off your wages and be done with it?
I don't want to deal with this bullshit. Just fuck off with this crap.
>>
File: 1452907440386.jpg (46KB, 417x487px) Image search: [Google]
1452907440386.jpg
46KB, 417x487px
>>324381974
>LootCrate

Fuck off.
>>
I'm getting 2200 back and I'm buying an engagement ring with it. Been with her for 5 years and no kids. Wish me luck guys!
>>
>>324386671
>Why does stupid shit like this even exist?
Because whenever tax reform is brought up professional tax services companies along with tax software companies lobby against it harder than you could even imagine.
>>
>>324381974
>Lootcrate
Kill yourself my good man.
>>
>>324381974
I've already done my taces and I am getting back $4800 with state included. My 2 kids are my credit babbies
>>
>>324386381
Yes and?
>>
>>324386671
Because there are deductibles.

My taxes are usually spot on out of my paycheck, but my college fund died because of a bad investment manager. This let's me carry over capital losses that offset the taxes I paid.
>>
>>324386787
Why would you spend over 2k for a ring? Serious question, I don't see the point. Same goes for the wedding and other random parties
>>
>>324386956
Because real life, kiddo.
>>
>>324386956
There's some arbitrary rule that you have to spend 2 months salary on the engagement ring.
>>
Thanks anon I just did it in like 20 minutes.

Got a little over 1k in federal and ~200 in state returns.

I going to save it for the downpayment on a car for when my current lease ends.
>>
>>324385656
No way, IRS really started cracking down on 1099s. A part timer like anon would not be worth the trouble.
>>
>>324386671
>How can you overpay your taxes?
By having the total of credits and withholding exceed tax liability.
>Why are you getting the money back?
Because you allowed credits and withholding to exceed your tax liability.
>Can't they just take a flat percentage off your wages and be done with it?
They could, but that would be a regressive flat tax system, and it would eliminate the various means in which the government softly endorses certain actions and lifestyles (having children, owning a house).

The income tax laws are one of the strongest ways the government has to tell people what they "should" do, as opposed to normal laws which dictate what they "may" do.
>>
File: 1361507921627.gif (258KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
1361507921627.gif
258KB, 500x380px
>LootCrate
You tried.
>>
>>324386956
Because try taking under $1500 to a jeweler and see how shitty of a ring you can get.
>>
>>324387110
True, but I just like to put the possibilities out there rather than say with full certainty that only X situation applies.

I'm an Enrolled Agent, and I'm well couched in making my language as non-specific as possible without having the actual numbers to work with. There's always unstated variables at play.
>>
Not much and it'll all be going to my paying of credit cards and paying back my brother money I borrowed.
>>
>>324386790
They can keep their shit to themselves. All I want is to earn money so I can survive. I shouldn't have to deal with some intrusive government nonsense that's too abstract to decipher.
I don't know anything about this. I don't know anything. In school I learned about fucking Hitler, useless math, physics, slavery and white guilt. No one taught me how taxes work. The government can fine me for not filling their stupid tax return paperwork, but they didn't even bother to teach me what that stuff even is.
I am really not enjoying big government. Even something as simple as going to a doctor is a paperwork nightmare. I can't even get a prescription for anti-depressants because I need to pull 20 different documents out of my ass and pee in a cup before I can even smell the fart of a GP.
>>
>>324381974
dont work but i will be using the rest of my finical aid for a cheap ass ps4
>>
File: SKU110273.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
SKU110273.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>324387245
What's wrong with regular engagement rings? Too lazy to find prices online, I know jewlery is expensive
>>
>>324387485
Because bitches want diamonds. Even if they day they dont, they do. They want something to wear around that makes other bitches jealous. That's literally it.
>>
Finally your taxes is incredibly easy, the anon above explaining it is making it sound way harder than it is.

You dont own properly, or a business. You're not married and you don't have kids.

This means all you got to do is copy the info on your W-2 l where it tells you to on the website and that's literally it. You might have to do some math like division. It's easy anons.
>>
>>324387579
Sounds like people in general
>>
>>324387579
>Implying bitches can tell real diamonds from fake ones
>>
>>324381974
Turbotax is the best videogame

It pays me for playing well
>>
>>324387363
>The government can fine me for not filling their stupid tax return paperwork, but they didn't even bother to teach me what that stuff even is.
There's an overabundance of material out there, officially from the IRS and otherwise, to tell you what to do. The government can't force you to learn something.

I do agree that there should be a straight-up tax course in schools, and have it count for a language course as much as a math course. A legitimate complaint about school in general is that they don't teach about anything that matters, and such a course would be a strong way to change that.
>>
>>324387796
They can if they get it tested. And they WILL get it tested. Trust me.
>>
>>324387796
>>324387842
Any jewelry store will do it for free.
>>
>>324387702
I don't want to shill, but turbotax just asks you very basic questions in plain english and asks you to copy the boxes from your W-2. If you're a retard and need help just go to fucking H&R block and pay em 40 dollars.
>>
>never had a job
>been NEET since 16
>turn 21 this year

What are taxes?
>>
Heres hoping for some fightsticks deals when SF5 is out.
>>
File: 192.jpg (13KB, 225x235px) Image search: [Google]
192.jpg
13KB, 225x235px
>tax return
>overpaying taxes
>not telling your place of employment to stop automatic deductions
>Not just taking your money and saving/investing it, setting aside a little bit for tax season.

Yeah, ok /v/, enjoy giving the government an interest-free 12-month loan.
>>
>>324387950
Still have to file even if you don't work, nigger. Irs gonna be looking for you.
>>
>>324387579
Don't marry a bitch then?
>>
>>324388023
not American
>>
>>324388032
If she was I wouldn't be marrying her. I was using the term bitches loosely.
>>
>>324388007
>interest-free 12-month loan
I don't even bother writing it like that, because the typical dumbass response is "whoopee I lost two dollars of interest, who fucking cares?".

Drive the point home that they are letting someone else hold their money. They have worked for their money. They have earned their money. They should want as much of their money as possible.
>>
>>324387818
>The government can't force you to learn something.
So public schooling doesn't exist? Government forces you to pay for schools and it forces you to go to school. They force you to learn about stupid shit like WW2 and you're telling me they can't force me to learn something that might be useful in my life, like how taxes work and how they will apply to my life?
If government didn't bother telling me about this shit I should not be looking it up myself and figuring it out. I don't have the patience to learn this shit because the government doesn't allow me to deal with my mental issues. I can't just see a doctor and say ''oy, I think I have ADD and depression, hook me up with drugs''. Can't fucking do that. I need paperwork that I don't have. In a capitalist society I'd simply pay a doctor to deal with it.
>>
File: 1439225983790.jpg (14KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1439225983790.jpg
14KB, 620x465px
Just, uh, hypothetically speaking, what happens if tax season rolls around and you're flat broke?
>>
>>324387936
Yeah, TurboTax is what I use. I didn't mention it because I didn't wanna get called a shill. Hell, they just introduced some new feature where you take a picture of your W-2 and it fills everything in for you.
>>
>>324388425
You are bankrupt
congratulations
>>
>>324388023
This is so wrong. You don't have to file if you're not employed. Hell, even if you are, if you make under a certain threshold you still don't have to file.
>>
>>324387363
School taught you how to read, this allows you to look up the information yourself
You're a big boy now
>>
>>324388529
This. Out of high school Ibwas sporadically employed for a few years and never had to file. I only started 2 years ago. Hell, I didn't get my first big refund till last year.
>>
>>324388539
I'd rather kill myself than learn their nonsense.
>>
>>324388539
>School taught you how to read, this allows you to look up the information yourself
How does this not apply to stuff like history and arts as well? Is it impossible to critique the curriculum of schools as long as they teach you to read since you can just read up on whatever yourself?
>>
>>324386787
Good luck anon!
>>
File: 1452410441026.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1452410441026.gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>324386787
>Getting scammed

Lol.
>>
>>324388701
Of course it does and like every educational system in the world needs an overhaul to account for the information age. That doesn't make bitching and moaning aboout how nobody is spoonfeeding you any better, though.
>>
>>324388391
What I meant in writing that is that the government cannot literally crack your head open and compel you to have something be absorbed by your brain. Again, I do agree that tax instruction should be a standardized school course, but that's an issue with the schooling standards as opposed to what laws the government has in place regarding everything in life and how we learn about them.
>If government didn't bother telling me about this shit I should not be looking it up myself and figuring it out.
Again, common forms like standardized W2s will have instructions on the back that will tell you what to do with each box. The Forms you report those W2 amounts on will also have their own instructions. The government is in fact "telling you about this shit".

>>324388425
Nothing. No income to report, no withholding to account, no requirement to file.
>>
File: Pachirishutdown.png (770KB, 1000x680px) Image search: [Google]
Pachirishutdown.png
770KB, 1000x680px
>>324387156
Why does the government have to endorse shit? We're overpopulated. They should be gunning down kids in the street, not encouraging the creation of more.
>>
>>324381974
I'm blowing it all over your mom, then use the money to buy some PC parts.
>>
>>324386787
See ya regretting that purchase in 5 years tops dumbass
>>
>>324388951
Our government already does that anon, just only in the third world.
>>
>>324388951
Yeah, because that will really help the economy. If anything, old people should be removed.
>>
If i walk into my local irs office, municipal building, and county sheriff and yell "I AM A SOVEREIGN CITIZEN" at the nearest employee did i activate the cheat code that makes me not pay taxes? Should i also tell this to amilitary gate id checker for good measure? Who should i tell at a state level?
>>
>Liquor
>More games I might never play
>>
>>324383298
>April

Nigga you can start filing for taxes starting the 19 of this month.
>>
800 to 1000 cause shitty job won't let me choose how much I withhold. I have a set of options of how much I can withhold but since I don't make squat, even with paying the lowest amount I can, I get most of it back.

Last year, I only had to pay like $30 because paying student loans, paying for school, min wage, etc. It's fucking stupid.

Don't honestly know. I don't have any big purchases I want at the moment.

Might buy a new keyboard

>>324384152
If you make minimum wage, I'd recommend doing it yourself. If you do it with your parents, there's a chance, you don't really know how much you should be getting back without already doing it yourself.

If you don't work, then you don't need to do taxes. Just let your parents claim you

If you make more than min wage and have investments and shit, pay somebody to do it.

If you work min wage, IRS lists a bunch of websites that do it for free online. You just have to input your information.
>>
>>324388951
Actually, the world as a whole isn't overpopulated, although there are certain areas that you could say are. The US could very comfortably sustain a larger than current population though.
>>
>>324389224
Dude, just yell it at your computer. The NSA is already listening and they'll pass on the message for you
>>
File: Jigglymaid.jpg (46KB, 532x360px) Image search: [Google]
Jigglymaid.jpg
46KB, 532x360px
>>324389204
Old people make money, kids drain money. Kids are worse for the economy.
>>
>>324389224
http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html
>>
>>324389438
kids are an investment, they are a drain that eventually turns into a profit
>>
>>324389331
>US isn't overpopulated
That's not what the housing market prices say
>>
File: Cat is disapointed.jpg (22KB, 247x232px) Image search: [Google]
Cat is disapointed.jpg
22KB, 247x232px
>>324389438
since when? Most of them are mooching off social security and overburdening Medicare and Medicaid with all the problems that comes with old game.

Sure you have the rich people, but they are called the 1% for a reason.
>>
>>324389591
Everyone of my peers are in huge college debt, living with their parents, and working minimum wage jobs and suicidal. Some investment.
>>
>>324389627
The housing market is an economic, supply and demand issue. It has nothing to do with overpopulation.
>>
>>324388951
The third world that doesn't affect the first world you're presumably living in is overpopulated, the first world is declining however

You best starting to that one girl you might like for the sake of your economy
>>
I break even and get nothing back. Meanwhile, people with kids get like 6 grand back and et complete nigger rich
>>
>>324388861
>The education system needs to be updated with more relevant curriculum
>Dont you complain about the education system needing to be updated with more relevant curriculum though!
>>
>>324389847
They are still making the government money unfortunately.
>>
>>324389847
Stop hanging out with emos bruh

>>324389938
Just adopt like 7 kids and let them hang out in your basement
>>
I'm moving to a SF for a job soonish. Going to use it to fund my move and my first month there. Sadly, no vidya. I already filed though. I like being on top of my taxes.
>>
>>324389895
More people = more demand and less supply.
>>
>>324389627
The US just had a housing bubble pop. Bubbles indicate an overabundance of supply, which means we're not exactly short on houses.

You're stupid.
>>
>>324389995
That's not what I said
>>
If you need to rely on a tax return in order to purchase frivolous gadgets you can't actually afford them. Find a proper use for it, or put it into the bank until the day you need it.
>>
File: korndolences.jpg (33KB, 186x250px) Image search: [Google]
korndolences.jpg
33KB, 186x250px
>>324390029
>>
>>324389396
But today is a national holiday and no federal employees are working today. Who at NSA can I call to confirm my deceleration, tomorrow?
>>
>>324390035
If only it was that simple
>>
>>324389847
>Tax money drained by military
>College? Pay for it yourself :)
USA USA USA
>>
>>324389438
Old people need to make young people so there'll be someone to pay for their benefits when they're retired
>>
>>324390145
Just call Obama, or do it tomorrow. IRS doesn't even accept taxes till then.
>>
>>324390035
More like the houses cost too much for the people to afford.
>>
>worked some on iceland a few years ago
>got loads of money in tax return
>can't transfer money from iceland online
>sill have all that money there
>>
>>324390068
Yeah, it was. You acknowledged that the problem the guy had was valid, you just dont think he should complain about it
>>
>>324390035
have you even taken a basic economics class of some type?

I mean you're implying to everyone here you don't because of all the retarded shit you're letting leak through your teeth but still
>>
>>324381974
I paid 3k last fucking year, so i will be paying a bit more this year too.

Fuck you, poor scum.
>>
Started working in october and got $117.53 back
probably gonna save it for phone payments
I already bought xcom 2 which is the only game i want but i still gotta figure out what i want in a new pc build
>>
I don't get any money back because I defaulted on my student loans. Feels bad man.
>>
>>324390354
I said that bitching about it won't help him fix the problem while he got the skillset to fix the problem
>>
>>324390326
Do they not have banks that trade with the world or something? Why not just go over, cash out, then trade it for real money?
>>
>>324390406
>phone payments
You are already making payments on
>cars
>rent/mortgage
>bills
Why add another monthy fee? Just buy your device off contract.
>>
>>324390270
>tfw old people have so much of their savings tied up in their houses because they were always told it was a safe investment
>tfw no one can even afford to buy them, so they're effectively worthless

I wonder if there's gonna be a crash like no other in another decade or two. So much property is going to simply sit unused otherwise.
>>
>>324390394
lol middle class.

>>324390472
Sorry man.

>>324390579
>>324390406
Or just pay off your phone in one go, you're wasting money by paying it monthly.
>>
>>324386581
I'm in a similar boat, I was a contractor from February through may of 2015. I worked part time at Walmart jan-Feb and started teaching part time as a substitute from around November until present. I made roughly 11k from the contracting work and much less from subbing and walmart of course. Problem is I ate up the money I earned from contracting during that period of no work may through November. I thought contracting was going to start back up in September or so but it didn't, so I am trying to make money subbing just to pay off my taxes at this point. I am probably going to owe like 2 to 2.5k and I might not have it by April so I will need to open a payment plan or something, shit sucks.
>>
>>324390748
That depends on how much you talk. If you really use your phone a lot, the contract will probably end up cheaper than prepaid in the end, with all the free minutes and shit.
>>
>he thinks the government is giving him free money

hehe good goy, good little wagecuck
>>
>>324387579
Kinda, sorta. My mom still bitches about the ring my dad got her even though she loves him. She calls it her cigar ring. She is jealous of the ring I got my wife.

Advice: try searching around at an Indian or Pakistani jewlery store. They dont sell rings under 22k gold excluding what holds the diamonds in place. And since they import the rings from their homeland, the cost is pretty much for the value of gold, diamond, import fees and little on labor. Significantly better bang for your buck. As well, if the bitch leaves you, you will get far more money back from it for being more real gold than the shit 14k or 18k western companies sell at extortion prices.
>>
>>324390961
No, you misunderstand. The phone payments are things such as att next. Where you make monthly payments on a 600+ cell phone where you can just get an off contract nexus or huawei for 400.
>>
I only worked 9 months, therefore I get around 1200 Euro back. I won't spend it on anything though. I quit my job and go to university now, I need that money to feed myself and pay the rent...maybe I'll get the DaS3 special edition. I want that map.
>>
File: download.png (9KB, 174x204px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
9KB, 174x204px
>>324391017
>>
File: 1385535719506.png (101KB, 583x268px) Image search: [Google]
1385535719506.png
101KB, 583x268px
>>324391174
>>
File: 1365315783601.jpg (52KB, 524x451px) Image search: [Google]
1365315783601.jpg
52KB, 524x451px
Probably wouldnt get a refund because I didnt have health insurance throughout all of last year. It was a cheaper option for me to pay the penalty then take one of the plans.
>>
File: 1422176578548.jpg (81KB, 680x462px) Image search: [Google]
1422176578548.jpg
81KB, 680x462px
>>324381974
>LootCrate
us gamers, huh?
>>
Might get a PC and Xbone

Xbone because W10 sounds worse than Xbone
>>
>>324391971
There are countries (one country?) where you have to pay a penalty if you have no health insurance?
>>
>>324392417
Obamacare
>>
>>324385284
Lol you tard
>>
>>324381974
ITT: poorfag general

you faggots spend money like nerd niggers and then are so broke you vote for bernie.
>>
>>324392480

Blame Republicans for that, they came up with Obamacare because they're too afraid of "communist" socialized healthcare like every other first world country
>>
Not sure how much I'm getting back this year, but I had half of my income tax taken last year erroneously so I'll be getting that for 600 at least.

Honestly debating on a DXRicer because this staples chair is uncomfortable as fuck now. Just wore down really fast.
>>
>>324392417

Murrica.

You're required to carry health insurance or pay a penalty during tax time. This would be fine if the health insurance was worth having, but a lot of my co-workers now are seeing their premiums and deductibles jump to absurd proportions that if they even had to go to the hospital, unless it was something major, they'll still be paying for everything out of pocket.
>>
>>324392619

Jokes on you, I'm 30 and not even registered to vote! Never gotten a jury summons either because of that :) also never worked a day in my life
>>
>>324392646
I am on my parents health care for like 2 or 3 more years, but I am not looking to figuring that shit out
>>
>>324386869
You're pretty fucking dumb, huh?
>>
Going to get about $1500 back

>A: Might have a $3000 emergency room bill that my insurance doesn't want to cover (I had a toothache so bad I couldn't even sit up or lay still, and my BP was 165/100, when its normally 115-120/75)
>B: If not getting a new game or two and a gourmet pizza, then putting the rest to pay off my car

#America
>>
>>324392480
Have you ever considered to move to a first world country? Living is much easier here for poor people.
>>
>>324392778
Your best option is almost always through your employeer
>>
I always pay 5% more tax every month. It's nothing to me, and it adds up. I usually get 3-3.5k back.
>>
>>324392801
What I use my TV to do is my own business anon.
>>
>>324392915
Right now I am just fucking around through part time stuff and some contracting, I'm >>324390856

I did apply to nsa though, they are processing my app but it's taking forever because of background checks etc. They hire a lot of math majors so I'm hoping I can get in
>>
I'm expecting 600 in June. Probably will buy a 970, unless NIntendo wows me at E3 with NX.
>>
>>324383298
People who aren't retarded file as soon as they get their w-2 and get their returns a couple weeks later
>>
>>324387579
>Because bitches want diamonds.
This is why my girlfriend is wife material to me.

I was talking to her about the while diamond bs, and she DOES HER OWN RESEARCH and decides that she wants an Emerald or Sapphire engagement ring, and doesn't even want a diamond.
>>
>>324392949
I know that feel. Right now I get about 25% out between all my deductions and I usually get about 2k back
>>
>>324386581
Few deductible expenses? You live and work in the same place?your home is your office......gas,electric, water, Internet bills phone bills? All the printer ink and paper,isn't that business expenses?can you run a business from yiur type of dwelling?
>>
>>324392812
>toothache
>3000
Why would that be so much? The most expensive thing I ever had to pay was 2800 Euro for a dental implant . And yes I had to pay all of it by myself because you only get the minimum in Germany when it comes to toothcare(you get treatment to get rid of pain for free too but you won't get an implant if there are cheaper solutions which exist most of the time). What could cost 3000 bucks?
>>
>>324393210
so she's a picky cunt

ok
>>
>>324388529
As someone with experience in this, it's $5k if you're a single-person household.

And even if you make under that threshold, you still DO want to file, because your employer probably withheld for taxes unless you told them not to, and you want that dosh back. For me, I made about 3.5k in a year and got about $400~500 back.
>>
File: disregard.png (184KB, 400x240px) Image search: [Google]
disregard.png
184KB, 400x240px
>have no insurance because poor
>going to receive penalty for it
>thanks obongo

I hate America
>>
>>324381974
A Rift. My returns are huge, like my gains.
>>
>>324393210
Why are you even getting married in the first place?

If anything not getting married just shows you are more mature as a couple and doesn't need an official statement saying "we luv eachother".
>>
>>324393483
Because America sucks
>Went in at 4am
>Got weights/BP tested ect
>Doctor came in and looked at my tooth
>Gave me a nerve blocker shot
>Sent me out the door

Its fucking bullshit.
>>
Was jobless most of 2015 and only got one in november so probably a few $100 at best. I will probably use it to pay for school.
>>
>>324391017
Mom sounds like an ungrateful cum dumpster
>>
>>324389730
Fucking this. Children at least have a potential to produce goods and labor in their future. All you have to look forward to from old people is for them to die.

Look at China. They're going fucking mad going back on their one-child law because their labor force is aging up fast, and they're suddenly having trouble finding young, able-bodied workers for their death factories.
>>
>>324393483

You'd be surprised how absurd American medical costs can get

I had a friend get a $1500 dollar charge on their ER visit because she had three different doctors look at something. They werent even asked, they were just passing by and looked at it.

That was ON TOP of everything else.
>>
>>324392998
So then you agree.
>>
>>324393210
lol and YOU get to pay for it. haha
>>
>made like 10k this year and i put a 1 on my thung when i got hired

Will i still get my usual 1300 or am i fucked?
>>
>>324381974

I'm gonna get a couch with the money I already have and save whatever tax money I get which is basically what I did last year minus the couch.
>>
>>324393210

She says that but trust me she will wants a diamond and will be disappointed if you don't surprise her with one. Bitches get wet to African child slave labor for a worthless material that is inflated in cost thousands of times over by greedy diamond corporations
>>
>>324381974
$3.2k. Just an estimate.

Probably more because I haven't gone through all my deductions.
>>
File: 1421173218493.jpg (45KB, 475x500px) Image search: [Google]
1421173218493.jpg
45KB, 475x500px
>usually get like 600-700 back
>am probably going to use it to get new tires and new brakes
>>
>>324390029

If by SF you mean San Fran than whatever tax money you get should cover your first day there in rent. Good luck.
>>
>please mr gubment sir, can I have some money back after you extort my income?
>>
>>324384807

i pay my dad's tax guy who's been doing his for decades $80 to get my state and federal in order, just gotta bring my W-2's.

my brother tried to do it for free from some dude, ended up getting penalized and had to pay like couple grand in fines.

I'd rather take $80 loss and play it safe, hell the guy even knows loopholes so he gets every fucking dime i'm owed from the IRS. cunts. if you don't even point it out or claim it, they won't even give it to you and you lose it in a year or two, but the fucking moment you owe one cent you're on their most wanted list. fucking cunts.
>>
>>324381974

I'm going to be getting $9,000 back. Its going straight in to the bank, I'm saving up for some land.
>>
>>324394104

That feel when I know I'll be getting around 3k back. Feelgutmayne.

No one does their taxes this early, the forms for student loan interest aren't even out yet.
>>
>>324386228
My dad just gave me turbotax when I was 16 and had my first job and was like 'here do your taxes"

>what are taxes
>>
>>324393695
Christ. And I though I had to pay out the ass last time I had a root canal and fixed like 6 holes.

>total went up to something like 2000 bucks
>live in welfare Sweden so I only had to pay 15% of that
>get around 60 bucks off that sum as well with even more welfare I had saved up

Shame about all the other things in Sweden though.
>>
>>324381974
I didn't have health insurance and, as far as the government knows, I'm below 10k earned so I don't have to file and I don't have to pay the huge ass fees. Incidentally, I'm expecting to see something in regards to that in the news here this coming month. I probably pulled in close to 50k when its all said and done, though.
>>
>>324391971
for once I'm glad that the republicans are winning, because they all hate Obamacare
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (6KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
6KB, 480x360px
I live in the UK and only work part time

So I don't pay any taxes
>>
>>324392873

>obabolcare being a country.
>>
>>324394493
The funny part is that I actually got this tooth root canal'ed and it only cost me like 1200 including the cap
>>
>>324394380
Is it really that scary to fill out taxes in America?

Last time I did it I(only done it once since I'm NEET) went to a website. Pretty much clicked a button that said "confirm that this shit is legit" and then got my money.
>>
>Obamacare means you have to pay for insurance and they'll fine you if you cant
Not American, how is this a good idea? Both for the citizen and for competitiveness in the insurance sector?
>>
>getting money back

lol min wagers are funny.
>>
>>324394561

They invented Obamacare dumbass
>>
File: snrub.png (424KB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
snrub.png
424KB, 1080x810px
>>324394638
>get into a lot of debt with student loan
>only have to pay it back if I earn over ~£21000 per year
>work part time
>pay no tax
>pay no loan

feels good
>>
>>324393525
Nah, we talked about it and we both like how they look. She's also open to other gemstones, those are just her preferences

>>324393647
Not getting married yet, but mostly for her, because she wants a wedding.
>>
>>324394827

It isn't, it is the worst idea ever implemented in American history. People defend it, though, because their guys proposed it and the other guys are bad and evil. Bipartisan politics are cancer.
>>
>>324393548
i was unemployed for 4 months between jobs, never went to the hospital and got obamer fined. screw their expensive care or paying for COBRA
>>
>>324394062
If that happens, then I save a lot of time and money because I'll break up with anyone who pays into that bullshit.
>>
>>324393857
What the fuck man

My ankle hurt a bit so I went to A&E and they took an x ray for free

Nothing wrong with my ankle either

No appointment or anything
>>
>>324394638
>>324394886
>no tax if you work part time
Is this really a thing in Bongland?

Seems like it's fairly easily exploitable.
>>
File: 1448252480057.jpg (214KB, 767x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1448252480057.jpg
214KB, 767x1024px
>>324394897
I'm sure she's open to a lot of stuff
>>
>>324391971
The penalty is doubling this year
>>
>>324394886
I dislike students because they're mostly lefty idiots
>>
>>324383778
Buying shit drives the economy
>>
>>324394782
websites are alright, but they tend to give you the bare minimum and most guys can get you 20-30% more than what the computer programs can. that's the difference between a $2,000 and $2,700 return at times.
>>
>>324394380
My dad gets Turbo Tax and does it for me for free (his logic is, I'm getting this software anyway and I can do so many returns with it, so why not) but I've also done it myself and helped my girlfriend do hers online, it's really not that hard.

It only gets difficult if you own property, have significantly diversified investments, own a business, or are a trust fund babby.
>>
File: 1451915642950.gif (1MB, 680x551px) Image search: [Google]
1451915642950.gif
1MB, 680x551px
>>324395109
In the UK, the first 10 something grand (about 20k dollars) you earn a year is tax free
>>
>filing your taxes in january

u wot

Also I'm self employed, so I'm going to get raped.
>>
>>324395138
What the fuck? How is this a thing? I though Obama was supposed to be the poor people's choice. If anything it should be the opposite. If you don't have a medical licensee you should get some benefits.
>>
>Be Brazilian
>60%+ taxes on pretty much anything you ever buy
>One of the worst tax application rates in the planet, most of the money just gets stolen by corrupt politicians
>No tax refund
JUST
>>
>>324383426
Get the 40jU6500
If you want a little bigger and better one get the 48js8500
>>
>>324395269
just say you drive cross country a lot, you'll get some throwback.

and start stealing clothes and donating a fuckload to goodwill and red cross you get ghetto tax reductions.
>>
>>324395250
I'm curious about this, is it solely the first 10 grand you make that are tax free or actually the first 10 grand of every fiscal year?
>>
>>324395269

Why do self employed people get it worse than people working a normal job tax wise? I'm honestly curious.
>>
>>324395398
Every year m8
>>
File: Pwe4z3W.gif (721KB, 455x252px) Image search: [Google]
Pwe4z3W.gif
721KB, 455x252px
>>324395130
Well, she does anal and blowjobs, so...
>>
>>324395109
oh absolutely

there's a major problem here actually with tax avoidance

my mum has a "business" where all her income goes to, and she just pays herself £10k a year and doesn't get taxed for that, and anything overly expensive she passes off as a business expense
>>
>>324395446
ya i know
>>
>>324395415
Because our government is practically owned by big business, and they're out to fuck small business owners in the ass.
>>
>>324395187
No I mean. It's the guberments official website, as an alternative to doing it snail mail. I didn't have to write or do anything. Just confirm this was how much I had worked and payed in tax and all that jazz and what I would get back.
>>
>>324395427
Damn that's some good shit, I've always been afraid I'd need to pay tax if I enrolled in a paid apprenticeship programe.
>>
>>324395250
Fucking cock that sounds so great.

I worked for only thee months and had to tax like 40% of that.
>>
>>324392417
It forces poor people to get health insurance so rich people don't have to pay for it.

Republicans
>>
>>324383137
>not claiming medical expenses
>not claiming work expenses
>not having your workplace take an extra $20 a week off your pay to pay to taxes and put you in good standing with the IRS/Canadian Revenue Agency, and then end up getting all that back anyway
>not treating your government like a savings account
Nigga, do you fucking EVEN?
>>
>>324395359
I'll look into that, the one I had my eye on was the JU7100/7500
>>
>>324395415
Don't ask me why, but there are huge taxes on self employed income.

You're supposed to offset it with deductions, but depending on how your business works out you basically can get fucked. Hard. Like 18% of income level fucked if you don't have deductions.

Which wouldn't be that bad if it was spaced out, but since you're not filing regular tax papers they come for it in a chunk.
>>
>>324381974
Reminder if you have a large tax return that means you've fucked up. It's not a good thing. It means you're paying too much in taxes to begin with.
>>
>>324395738
>>not treating your government like a savings account
>0% savings account
JUST
>>
I'm guessing I'll get back about $800. I'm still on the fence about using online returns vs. going to a professional. Last time I went to a professional I had to wait an incredibly long time, but i got more money back. If I do it online I can stay at home and do it over the weekend.
>>
>>324395727
Doesn't the hospitals(republicans) earn ridiculous amounts of money on non insurance patients?

We have all heard the horror stories of American hospital bills.
>>
>>324395738
Don't have any
Don't have any (company credit card)
Fuck that I need the money now
Banks give better returns
>>
>>324395684
>>324395591
I'm also allowed to claim the dole ;)
>>
>>324395738

>Good standing

?????
>>
>>324395738
>not treating your government like a savings account
What's the point of a savings account with 0% interest?

It's more like giving them a loan, also with 0% interest
>>
File: 1452544876548.jpg (61KB, 730x765px) Image search: [Google]
1452544876548.jpg
61KB, 730x765px
>tfw cartel boss
>tfw my job isn't taxable
>tfw have 20 billion dollars

U mad brahs?
>>
>>324395814

Wouldn't someone working from home be able to deduct things like their electric and internet bills since you use them to work? It seems like someone who is self employed would be better off spending a bit extra to get an accountant to do the filing.
>>
>>324395934
Hospitals in the US are the true jews. Their jew level is off the fucking charts. It is never enough.

There's also that most of those non-insurance patients never pay, since they just actually can't. I mean, if you can't afford health insurance, how do you afford a $500k hospital bill?
>>
>>324396067
You're a fucking idiot, dodging taxes will get you in a lot more trouble than being a cartel boss
>>
File: image.jpg (31KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
31KB, 210x240px
>>324396067
>>
>Be poorfag
>Get Medicaid
>Free ER and dentist visits
>Massive discount on drugs and doctor visits

There's no reason to try anymore when you're encourage to just earn enough to live.
>>
File: 1442473474899.webm (1MB, 450x472px) Image search: [Google]
1442473474899.webm
1MB, 450x472px
>>324396080
Yeah, that's why I said without deductions. But it's still pretty brutal even after that. Last year I ended up paying out about $2200 when taxes came around after all the deductions and whatnot.
>>
File: expert.jpg (255KB, 400x533px) Image search: [Google]
expert.jpg
255KB, 400x533px
health care marketplace fag here.

As long as your income is under a certain amount you don't have to pay the fee.

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/exemptions-from-the-fee/

https://www.healthcare.gov/health-coverage-exemptions/hardship-exemptions/

When you go to file your taxes you should get a form that lets you put down your reasons you feel you should be exempt (1095-A). There's a fairly big blanket of reasons you can claim so more than likely you can LIE and no one would be the wiser. Just make sure you have some kind of proof to back up whatever lie you come up with.

You can also download a form from the healthcare.gov

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace-appeals/appeal-forms/

>during a portion of this year I was making 14 bucks an hour for a few months.

If I'm lucky my income will be just low enough to avoid the healthcare tax... If not I'm gonna have to apply for some exemption. I'm already exempt for next year since I'm doing part time now...hopefully I can stay that way.
>>
>>324396029
I've done this for 6 years. Last year I switched jobs, and forgot to have them do this, and they gave me commission, and automatically reported it as pay for me, and it screwed me cause they didnt match CPP, EI, and fed tax on the commission, so I ended up needing to pay $50 and was late on it, they decided to look the other way because I've been so good before.

never paid that $50
>>
>it's time to file your tax return and get back some of the money you paid to the government.
>Wanting to get money back

You shouldn't owe or get anything back. A tax refund is just money the government has been holding on to that accrues no interest.
>>
>>324396129
>tfw over 30000 in debt because my fiancé had to have emergency surgery when we were both laid off during Bush JR term.
>tfw even if we had insurance we would still be 10000 in debt.
>tfw had to go into debt just to be alive
>republicans/libertarians/ancaps call this freedom.
>>
>>324396283

I wasn't sure if deducting your house bills was allowed or not, so I just threw them out there. What is it you do, might I ask, and just what kind of crazy things do you deduct?
>>
>>324396129
Yeah. They do sound pretty scummy, almost pharmaceutical evil.

>>324396045
>tfw my bank doesn't even have any interest
For some reason all the banks in my country pretty much went. "Nope, not gonna do that shit anymore".
>>
>>324396329
>As long as your income is under a certain amount you don't have to pay the fee.

In many republican states if you make under so much you no longer get the discount cause you are suppose to be on medicare that they didn't expand in those states.
>>
>>324396476
>Taking on the fiscal responsibility of a chick
You brought this on yourself
>>
>>324396476
>Have your life saved by people spending money
>Why do they want money back? They should save my life for free!
>>
File: image.png (171KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
171KB, 400x400px
>>324396652
We can't all be gay like you.
>>
File: 1452119311934.jpg (42KB, 604x604px) Image search: [Google]
1452119311934.jpg
42KB, 604x604px
>tfw £5000 tax free golden hello
>>
>>324381974
I don't get a refund. I'm self-employed. So not only do I not get a refund but I also pay extra taxes.
>>
>>324396768
This, but at the same time,
>Incur long-standing debt that eats any attempt to save money for anything ever because events happen during a downturn in economy, building interest-based debt further until you can finally get a job, but the payments are more than most people can handle and your debt spirals further until you declare bankruptcy and start over
>>
>>324396768
They do get paid when a single payer system is in place. I just don't have to worry about destroying my finances if I get sick I a small window I may be out of work.
>>
>>324396945
sole proprietor?
>>
>>324381974
>Don't have health insurance
>Worked full time for a bit over half a year
>leaving job to switch to part time because I wanna finish school already

how fucked am i
>>
>>324396476
>paying for someone else's surgery
>>
>>324396626

Yea the medicare "gap". A true bureaucratic fucking is there ever was one. You can still make a case for it though.

https://www.healthcare.gov/exemptions-tool/#/results/2015/details/secretary-hardship

16k is pretty low. I think if you make 20k or so you get the tax credit. Basically its a gimmiedat that pays for your premium.
>>
>become adult
>ready to start building credit and what not
>find I'm massively in debt despite not having bills
>when I was a child parents used my name to turn on utilities in the house
>didn't pay them
>>
>>324385463
Dumbass. Tell me anon, just how often are you actually gonna use the 3D feature?
>>
>getting a refund
>not owing money to the IRS

Nobody else owns stocks here?
>>
>>324397207
What the fuck. That is allowed?
>>
>>324396476
how much is your fiance's life worth exactly?
>>
>>324395934
If you can't pay your hospital bill since you don't have insurance, hospitals drastically lower the bill because they want at least some money from you.

Then the next year the hospitals overcharge everybody else because some fuck won't get insurance because he thinks he's immortal.

As such, the penalty for not having insurance gets put on those dumb fucks who don't have insurance so hospitals don't keep overcharging everybody else because of some cheap fucks.
>>
>>324397089
Leave it to /v/ to not understand what a couple is.
>>
>>324383893
>tfw this is the first year you're going to be high test tier
>>
Im not stupid so I'm getting 24 dollars back from the feds.
>>
>>324397267
Is Smite getting into?
I'm afraid to spend hundreds on another F2P game
>>
>>324397207
>when I was a child parents used my name to turn on utilities in the house
That cant be legal, children cant form contracts outside of a few cases
>>
>>324397083
not. you sound like you will qualify for EIC.
>>
>>324397207
You know you can sue them seven ways to Sunday for that, right?
>>
>>324397253
If I have it, I might as well take advantage of it, yeah?
>>
>>324397295
all they need is a social security number
>>
>>324397401
>not continuing to have separate accounts even as a couple

It's like you want to lose half your money when she runs off with a dindu
>>
>>324397401
You're right, you should go hang out somewhere more suitable for you like Reddit
>>
>>324397314

Quality of life is important.

If someone gets a bad infection in their foot it's a lot cheaper to lop it off but you'll find few people wanting to kiss their foot goodbye in lieu of some expensive medication to save their precious limb.
>>
>>324387950
I didn't land my first job until just a few days after turning 21, there's still time.
>>
>>324397486
>>324397295

From what I read, it is legal, at least where I live. My father has passed and my mother is unable to work so I'm more or less saddled with the debt. I can work it off, but it'll take a while to really get my life started the right way.
>>
>>324397494
Fucking this, nigga
>>
>>324397314
Anything I can give.
>>
>>324395572
ah.
>>
>>324396560
I have a small import company.

I can deduct shipping, vehicles, hotels, exhibition rents, food, mileage, vehicle repair, medical (none, since healthy), home office, "business" phone, "business" internet (Gigabyte internet), business equipment/tools and probably some other stuff I can't remember.

It almost offsets the tax. Almost.

The real downside is that it also makes your income look really low, so you get shit for credit. Not to mention that small business can't get bank loans any more.
>>
>mfw a conservacuck tries to tell me taxes are too high when i literally get all my money back in the refund because i make poverty wage at walmart like 75% of america does

thank god the conservatism meme is dying with the boomers and millenials know better #FEELTHEBERN
>>
>>324381974
Usually around $650 each year. I usually use it on getting systems I don't have, but at this point the only one I'm missing is an Xbone, and I'm not in any rush, especially since my brother-in-law has one and I can just play Rare Replay on his.

March has a good amount of games coming; maybe I'll just use it on a mini-spree.
>>
>>324397343
This

Tho you do have to tell them you can't afford it before they lower it

A lot of the people just look at the bill and don't ask about it
>>
>>324397491
Thank god I was only working for like 12.75

I don't want to pay 600 obamadollars because I've been perfectly healthy are year but didn't throw my money away for nothing.

I need this returns so I can buy a new desk and chair for my back. That's my health insurance right there nigga.
>>
>>324397779
You do know Bernie's model economy's taxes are way fucking higher than ours, right?
>>
>>324386787
You dumbass, rings are a scam. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=N5kWu1ifBGU

You can use the money for something better, like your honeymoon or paying for other this.
>>
>>324392680
Hmm, I need a new chair too.

>>324393541
That dude is clearly not a single-person household as he's unemployed and just turned 21.

Unless he has a fat-ass inheritance, he's living with his parents and they're claiming him.

>>324397083
>>324397876
Don't forget to claim student credits. It lowers how much you're supposed to pay
>>
>>324386787
Dont buy diamond, get her birthstone, it's unique and also hella cheaper

Diamonds are a racket
>>
File: carlos.png (138KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
carlos.png
138KB, 350x350px
>>324397809

It's not like they're gonna break your legs after they fixed them.
>>
>>324397903
It will balance out with all the shit it's actually paying for. Now I can make more money by going to meme colleges and since I don't have to pay for it I have more money to spend on taxes.

Literally infinite money
>>
>>324397930
>College Humor
Please never return.
>>
>>324397903
I'd rather pay slightly higher taxes than get screwed over by a shitty insurance company because republicans like how their dicks taste.
>>
>>324397779
Is that accurate? Im a high school dropout and make more than double min wage. Must be hard to find good help.
>>
>>324397674
Can't you get out of it somehow by getting the government involved. That shit has to be able to be fixed somehow. That shit is just insane.

>>324397732
I think it's because in my country every payment you do is already taxed and regulated. So they already have all of the that data. So you just need to confirm it's correct. Or something along those lines.
>>
>>324393746
She does it to tease my dad. But she never takes off the ring. She is a real good woman to him. Her sense of humor is tormenting my poor dad. But she was genuinly jealous of my wifes ring.
>>
>>324397674
Talk to a lawyer and see what you can do about that shit

The lawyer should just have to prove you were a child at the time and as such, the debt shouldn't be on you.

It might fuck over your parents but they can choke on a dick for pulling that shit
>>
>>324397472

If you like mobas, its not a bad distraction. Thankfully most of the skins are awful, so the only thing you'll really spend any real money on is voice packs and the gods themselves. Furthermore, you can spend 30 (I think) bucks to just get every god unlocked and every future god for free.

Even if you're not a fan of the traditional moba gametype, there are a lot of other game modes that may suit your interest
>>
>>324396067
>tfw sovereign citizen
>east kentucky wilderness as far as the eye can see
> beautiful blonde waifu
>0 taxes to government cockroaches
> untaxed whiskey
> preserving the white race with millita bros
>telling the law to eat dick
>taking down the federal reserve system one bank at a time
Feels good brothers
>>
File: 1452898494889.png (151KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1452898494889.png
151KB, 500x500px
>mfw gonna end up owing this year

Goddamnit
>>
>>324398114
Is what accurate?
>>
>>324398128
He could sue his mom pretty easily I imagine, but I doubt he wants to do that.
>>
>>324398417
Yeah I saw that package, I like that alot.
Gonna give it a go and see how it is
>>
>>324398417
>Thankfully most of the skins are awful, so the only thing you'll really spend any real money on is voice packs
SMITE players, everyone.
>>
>>324397903
Bernie won't get a tax increase to a precentage higher than most EU countries, anyone with a brain knows this, but he could get the loopholes closed which is where companies like Boeing get huge tax returns even though they are a multi billion Dollar company.
>>
File: white devil.jpg (245KB, 1288x908px) Image search: [Google]
white devil.jpg
245KB, 1288x908px
>>324398520
>be native
>go full holocaust on your cracker ass
>>
>>324387485
'Cause there are 3 rings, one used to propose(the expensive one) and one set worn by both partners
>>
>>324398630
Can you /feelthebern/ elsewhere. Sanders policy of free college and healthcare will only lead to a system where hospitals and achools will be overcrowded and underfunded. His tax scheme of squeezing compaines is not going to effect a globalized market as seen with the relative unprofitability of european autos compared to asian firms.
>>
>>324398946
Wait what. So you just throw away the expensive one?
>>
>>324394104
>>324394394
You know deductions this high isn't good, right?

It means you are way the fuck overpaying to begin with
>>
>>324399016
Women wear both.
>>
>>324398986
Shit son my university is ALREADY overcrowded. In my major only 1 or 2 sections of important major classes are offered
>>
>>324398986
Most Asian countries have universal healthcare As well.
>>
>>324399413
I have never seen that anon, I don't think that's true
>>
>>324399114

Not true, I get 9k back in deductions and there isn't a thing I can do to lower it. I've tried.
>>
>>324387910
Bribing someone costs less than a real diamond anon
>>
>>324398986
>free college
This is stupid.
>free healthcare
This isn't. I still can't believe that the most patriotic nation still doesn't provide it's citizens with basic healthcare for free.
>>
>>324399664
The times I've noticed they sometimes wear them. I know some women also have the engagement ring on necklaces.

There are probably also some that don't. It's a personal preference sort of thing
>>
Probably finally going to try to build my own PC. Don't even know where to start though fuck.
>>
>>324399793
Unless she goes without you to check it. Are you going to bribe every jewelery store employee in the tri-state area?

>>324399751
I think they mean you're withholding too much at your job. You've got to lower how much is withheld by like $250 dollars a month.

Your deducations are 9k and your refund is 3k. Your refund isn't getting interest by being held by the gubment.

>>324399806
Why is free college stupid? Even so, it would only be public/ state colleges
>>
>>324398873
spaniards should have killed off every one in the americas desu.
>>
>>324398986
>there'll be too many sick people in our hospitals!
You couldn't make this shit up
>>
>>324400143

Sorry, I meant I get 9k back in refund. There isn't anything I can do to change that.
>>
>>324397674
>identity fraud is legal where i'm from
no, it isn't. however, as the parents committed the crime, it's tricky for kids in this situation to clear their name without sending their parents up the creek

i would suggest talking to a lawyer and seeing if he can help you work out a story where you pin it all on your dead dad. that way there's no consequences for your mom
>>
>>324400269
Your job doesn't let you choose how much you withhold? That sucks. It's literally less money per paycheck
>>
>>324399806
Free college is ok, but i would also be ok with affordable college.

An educated population is a good investment for a country.
>>
>>324399751
How have you tried?

A 9k return is fucking insanity
>>
>>324399806
>>free college
>This is stupid.

why? you already accept the idea of pooling resources for the benefit of everybody, why not include education into it? please tell me how we don't benefit as a whole with a more educated populace? and no, not everyone goes to college for women's studies
>>
>>324400406

I can choose, but even doing so I still get 9k back in refund. I get ALL of my federal taxes back plus more, so it works out.

>>324400653
The only insane thing is the amount of deductions I get.

Having a wife and 4 little tax deductions is pretty nice.
>>
>>324397267
>2016
>owning stocks
Not going to lie, shit looks grim. At best I'd buy in when it bottoms out
>>
>>324383694
Dumb fuck poor b8
>>
>>324400797
Dude, getting 9k refund isn't "working out."

I don't think you understand that refunds are supposed to be a couple hundred or less
>>
>>324381974
I only got $160 so I'm putting it on my savings
>>
>>324400856
You gotta look at what tech is rising

Buy stock in FPGA manufacturers
Don't buy stock in VR
>>
>>324400665
Not him but
>free education
>so many applicants they need to invent bullshit reasons to keep people out
>unis can't afford to keep big campuses so everyone has to get an apartment and student loan
>end up with loans until you are 40 anyways
>>
>>324400797
If you're ok with it, sure.

But you're losing out on money you could be saving up for your kids or yourself. Start a college fund or 401k or something. Don't just let it waste away
>>
>>324400856
This, I made a lot of money last downturn I'm going to do the same again after the downturn that will happen after the election.
>>
>>324386787
Just buy a 50$ ring you mong
>>
>>324400941

"supposed to be" for who? Single people?

I am literally unable to have the government withhold less of my paycheck. I've tried. The government feels I'm poor as shit that I should get all my money back plus more, but refuses to let me withhold more of my paycheck. It doesn't make sense to me, but that's the way it is.

>>324401063
My tax returns go straight in to the bank. It is money that never gets touched except in extreme emergencies.
>>
I own a small business, so filing taxes is going to be fucking fun. Does outsourcing count too?
>>
Where's my NEET bux?
>>
>>324386787

what does her son think of it?
>>
>>324401240
>"supposed to be" for who? Single people?
Everybody.

The ideal tax return is actually none at all because you paid exactly the amount you needed to
>>
>>324401045
What the fuck are you talking about?

Why would you take a student loan to pay for an apartment? Where are you living that a loan you take for an apartment makes you stay in debt till you're in your 40s?

Are you high son?

>>324401240
It doesn't matter if it goes straight to the bank, you're losing out on it making more money.

And the government doesn't control how much you withhold. Unless you actually work for the government. Your employer controls how much you withhold.
>>
>>324401045
Apartments are way cheaper than dorms tho
>>
>>324381974
>>Crossfiring two 6950's since I have one and was given a second for free, fuck buying a new card.
That's fucking horrible
>>
>>324383813
>how much money do you pretend to make?

fixed
>>
I don't have a job so nothing
I get paid for attending college and also for putting experimental acne goo on my face
>>
>>324401559
>went to a college that made it mandatory to be in dorms the first year in college
>have to go through a lot of loops just to exempt out of it

So fucking scammy
>>
>>324401418
She doesnt have one, but her boyfriend is all for it
>>
>>324401645
What the fuck? That's fucking ridiculous

Where the hell did you go??
>>
Getting $2,500 back, using it to pay off the laptop I got in november and some vidya
>>
>>324401718
Fucking university of north fucking texas
>>
>>324386787
Good luck dude! Hope the two of you find happiness.
>>
>>324401718
MANY schools. Especially top tier schools require freshmans to be in dorms. I know NYU does this.
>>
I'm either going to buy a GTX980, or save it all. Probably going to save it all.
I need a car (and drivers training) way more then I need a new graphics card.
>>
>>324386787
Get a lab-grown diamond. They're way fucking cheaper, are real, and not overinflated scams like any you'd get from a jeweler

There's a reason "jewelry" starts with "jew"
>>
File: 1383914100839.jpg (42KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1383914100839.jpg
42KB, 1024x576px
I use to be like all of you. Being happy for that refund every year. But then I learned that in reality, the government is simply always taking money from you. And that if you actually do make money, you don't even have to pay anything as long as you're not making over a certain amount. That's how you make real money.
>>
>>324401645
That sucks. I almost signed on to the dorms at my school but a friend who went there the year before told me the dorms were shitty and way over-priced.

I ended up moving to a random apt complex down the street for about $100 less a month and so much fucking nicer.

I did go check out the dorms and everything single one fucking sucked dick.

>>324401795
lol north texas
>>
>Be poor
>Literally make profit off of going to a 4 year school with all the aid/grants

Will prob buy a new grafix card. Maybe wait for Pascall.
>>
>>324386787
>not proposing with a ring pop
Happiness and deliciousness or sadness and comfort in one moment.
>>
>>324401751
>$2,500

thats why americas economy is growing like mad

cant wait for the next bubble to burst
>>
>>324402156
There's an anon in here with a 9k fucking return
>>
>>324401949
>finance authorities hate him
>>
>>324401490
>Why would you take a student loan to pay for an apartment?
So you can go to a university? Not everyone is lucky enough to be living within communing distance to a university.

>Where are you living that a loan you take for an apartment makes you stay in debt till you're in your 40s?
Sweden. I think 30-40 years is around the norm.

>Are you high son?
Not to my knowledge.

>>324401559
Depends where. Even finding a 1 room apartment in Stockholm is a fucking chore. For non students there is an average wait time of like 7 years for a shitty 1 room apartment. Costing around 3-400 bucks a month if it's a shitty part of town.
>>
>>324401490
I actually saved a few thousand dollars by living off campus and working.
>>
>>324402293
My aunt got a $12k return

You can very easily get a lot if you just claim a lot of people as a dependent. I know people who have literally be claiming family members they see a few times a year every time taxes come around.
>>
>>324402318
>living in scandinavian europe

Well that would be why. You guys have overinflated living costs in general.

In the States apartment costs thousands fucking less than dorms do
>>
Brought a house in cash and finally started working a real job, so I have no idea what I'm getting back tax wise.
>>
>>324401045
uhh bro, none of that makes sense. liberals don't want to throw money at the bloated private school complex. they want more for the few state funded schools we do have. at the very least, they want to stop unis from fucking over so many applicants with absurd loans ala u of pheonix or milan
>>
>>324402301
Not really. There's a billion people in this country. Little ole me is the least of their worries.
>>
>>324401949

The best is making so much money under the table that you pay almost nothing.

2nd best is making the perfect amount to get nothing back and pay nothing.

3rd best is getting 10000000000 dollars in taxes taken and getting a small lump sum at the start of the year and thinking you won.

But the real winning move is to be,
1.) Black
2.)Living with mom
3.) have 15 kids
4.) work part time

Not only do you get WIC, food stamps all year you get back A HUGE amount of money for taxes.

Also applies to white trash.
>>
>>324402537
That still means it's money you could have not paid to begin with.
>>
>tfw never paid taxes in my life

I guess that happens when you're NEET
>>
>>324402564
Just saying that free education isn't always as nice as it sounds. Though I think I still prefer it over having to pay.
>>
>>324402592
The downside is

>is black
>living with mom
>have 15 kids
>work part time

That's a horrible life
>>
>>324402318
If college is free, take 3 or 4 classes at a time and have a part-time job on the side.

Apartments prices near colleges in the US are nowhere near high enough to take out a loan for 20 years.

If colleges are free, prices will go up but at the same time, more apartments will move into the area and competition will force them to not go up too much.

I even had a friend who was renting a house from another friend's parents.

There's a house on my street that's being rented for like $1200-1400 something like that with 4 bedrooms. 4 people can easily split that up and it's like 5 minutes from the local community college and 25ish minutes from the nearest state college

>>324402394
Same

>>324402537
Having a high refund isn't something to be proud of.
>>
>>324402931
>>324402640
Never said it was something to be proud of.
>>
>>324401949
>But then I learned that in reality, the government is simply always taking money from you.

are you stupid, or just from pol? of course the government will always take money from you, it's called the social contract, you know you learned this in high school. it's the cost of living in a civilized nation that lets you NEET from your mom and shitpost on 4chan 24/7. you don't want government to take anything from you? feel free to move to the middle east and barter to your heart's content
>>
>>324402931
Yeah, renting houses is actually a pretty good fuckin' deal if you split it with a bunch of other people
>>
>>324402808

Nah man I work with them, they love it. Spend thousands of dollars on gold teeth and some dude literally bought a 100 dollar belt buckle to hold up his work pants. They love it.

They all have kids and then try to fuck any woman they meet. It's really a terrible culture. Womanizing and materialistic. My fault for living in the south though I guess.

Just annoying to watch them hardly work and then when the boss says something, WHY YOU PICKING ON ME IM WORKING.
>>
>work in a bank
>gf is working in the tax office

that feel when you have a money printing machine
>>
Got just under 5k. I miss just having to fill out a W2. Gonna do what I always do. Pay off my credit card that is used throughout the year just for gaming shit. Then pay off a good amount of my car. Rest goes into savings.
>>
>>324402592
I think the best combination of those would be:
The Best mixed with 2nd Best along with RW moves 2, and 4.

Make and save a lot of money, plus you wouldn't pay little to no taxes at all.
>>
>>324401456
>>324401490

Turns out you guys are right, I haven't been claiming my dependents on my paycheck. I never bothered to add them, so I could just get all that money at the end of the year. I used to think that if I got more money per paycheck I'd just end up spending more money per paycheck, but this year I think I am just going to properly claim my dependents and put that money straight in to investments and shit so I can't spend it.

Hopefully I wont screw myself over with impulse buying.
>>
>>324403165
>you don't want government to take anything from you?

No, I don't want them to take more than they need. A high tax return indicates they're doing just that.
>>
>>324403190

Also they're all hilarious. Some of the funniest and wittiest people I met. Really good at making fun of each other and people. They're mostly lazy but goddamn they're funny.
>>
>>324403275
If you claim dependents correctly, it'll probably only be like a few hundred you get in a refund or a few hundred you owe. Just make sure to have some spare money around tax season and you'll be fine.
>>
>>324402661
lel correct you're exempt from taxes if you don't make over a meager amount, i think 3k or so. you'll be claimed as a dependent by your parents so you're good for a 4k deduction on their return!
>>
File: 1339503917809.jpg (79KB, 350x218px) Image search: [Google]
1339503917809.jpg
79KB, 350x218px
>he doesn't tax evade
>>
>>324403280
A high tax refund means your dumb ass told your job to withhold too much money. The government doesn't decide how much you withhold
>>
>>324402808
Well the kids wouldn't live with you, and your mom is either alcoholic or drug addict so you don't see much of her. As for working part time you would only work 20 hour weeks anyway.
>>
>>324396067
>>324396165

That's how they got Capone
>>
>>324402592
>1.) Black
>2.)Living with mom
>3.) have 15 kids
>4.) work part time

>any of these
>good

holy shit, pol has jaded you so bad. why in the world would you think getting a few hundred in a return would make up for these facts?
>>
>>324403507
Who caused the fuckup doesn't change the fact that the government is still getting more from you than they need. It changes nothing. It's still something you ought to avoid.
>>
>>324402931
>If college is free, take 3 or 4 classes at a time and have a part-time job on the side.
Don't think it really works like that here. You just kinda apply for a program that lasts for a few years and has a bunch of classes in them.

I mean, you can take a few courses and shit. But you won't get a degree I don't think. Which is the only reason to go there in the first place.

>Apartments prices near colleges in the US are nowhere near high enough to take out a loan for 20 years.
Well. It's just not for the apartment but living expenses and all that jazz.
I think your average loan is around 17000 usd(not counting interest and other factos). And then most people pay that off a bit each year. It's not like they will come chop your legs off it you don't pay. They are quite lenient when it come to paying back your student loans.

>more apartments will move into the area and competition will force them to not go up too much.
Sounds great. Shame it never happened over hear. And instead of giving us more apartments. It's just adding to the already ridiculous housing crisis we are in since everyone wants to study in Stockholm since that's where all the good unis are.
>>
>>324403649

>Few hundred

No no no. Few thousand. Dudes gonna make literally 5x what I get back because he has 1 kid and is working part time.

Also I'm sorry I'm telling you the truth. This is the real world.
>>
>independent freelancer
>provide about 10 websites
>made $5k
>can deduct $1.5k
>H&R Block wants to charge me $350 for filing only cause I'm a contractor
get fucked yo
>>
>>324403783
lolwhat? You are choosing to give the government more money than they want. They're just giving you back your money

>>324403805
Well, that sucks bro.

Over here, you have certain classes you have to take to get a degree.You take the classes when you want as long as they're finished in order and you don't quit for a few years and you're done.

The huge student loans stories from the US are from people who didn't finish school, finished school in some stupid ass degree plan like women's studies, or are just complaining that they have to pay for something they already claimed.
>>
>>324404278
>needing H&R for anything

Fuck them and do your own taxes. I did my own.
>>
File: 1430171639994.png (290KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1430171639994.png
290KB, 500x375px
>>324403835
>being this dumb
>In the year of our lord two thousand and sixteen
>>
>>324403805
> You just kinda apply for a program that lasts for a few years and has a bunch of classes in them.

Here you can take classes at your leisure and get a degree, usually within five years or so.

>Well. It's just not for the apartment but living expenses and all that jazz.
It's still not that bad. I lived in a city with high rent with two roommates. My shitty part time job paid for everything.

Also it sounds like your country sucks
>>
What the hell is a tax credit?
>>
>>324403835
>No no no. Few thousand. Dudes gonna make literally 5x what I get back because he has 1 kid and is working part time.

if you think a few thousand are worth being black, having 15 kids, living with your mom in the ghetto on a part time job, i just don't know what to tell you, man
>>
File: 1446291064761.gif (838KB, 478x340px) Image search: [Google]
1446291064761.gif
838KB, 478x340px
>>324381974
probably around 2k.

Going to use it to finally go to the dermatologist and ask why i am balding, and how I got herpes even though I am a KV.

Also going to a proctologist and asking why my bowel evacuations are so irregular and why theres blood residue when i whipe.

2015 was quite honestly the worst year of my life.
>>
>>324404668
sounds like you might have colon cancer, should probably get checked out asap.
>>
>>324404651

Billionaire republicans seem to be jealous of that "lifestyle" for some reason
>>
>>324404459
>Also it sounds like your country sucks
Not disagreeing with that. Sweden's bubble has burst and our country is falling hard.
>>
>>324404668

Blood is almost certainly hemorrhoids. It happens if you stay sit down most of your day.
>>
Anyone file yet? Just did mine, refund was 1247$, 900$ Less than last year. I made about 12 grand less :/
>>
>>324404668
>having to rely on a tax return to just see a doctor

good luck, my friend i'm actually doing the same thing and just finding out how much of a cluster fuck health insurance is. i just called several doctors and was told they don't take any new patients until a later date. god help me if they charge me more than my $45 copay or only have open appointments on a work day. such is the life in the land of the free
>>
>>324404668
>Going to use it to finally go to the dermatologist and ask why i am balding
What do you mean why? Male balding isn't exactly a rare thing.

>and how I got herpes even though I am a KV.
Isn't herpes in like a third of the the population on most countries?

I probably have it as well, I just don't know it.
>>
>>324405117
Can't you take a morning off to go to the doctor? I do it monthly at my job. It's a normal thing ... but I do work a white collar job
>>
>>324404989
what was your gross for both years? did you have a health insurance penalty? it adds up and is doubled from last year i believe
>>
>>324404668
male pattern baldness. your only hope is to get fit brah and keep it close shaven. pull off a sophisticated mature look.

also get more fiber in you. fixed my bloody ass pretty quick.
>>
>>324404668
>why my bowel evacuations are so irregular and why theres blood residue when i whipe
Work out more. If it doesn't work, go to a doctor. Same thing they're gonna say
>>
>>324404989
Haven't gotten my W2 yet. I got it at the end of the month last year so I'm expecting the same this year
>>
>>324393857
>Friend goes in to get foot checked at one of those walk-in clinics because it was swollen and infected
>Literally all they did was lance the infection and prescribe some cream for him.
>$400 after insurance to sit in a room for 5 minutes.
>>
>>324405295
i'm warehousing 9 hours monday through friday, sometimes saturday for $10/hour for a temp agency. temp agencies will fuck you up the ass with your attendance and will look for any excuse to keep you on longer under their contract. i just fucking wish i could walk in somewhere on a saturday to see somebody without having to deal with anthem's bullshit hoops to do so. health insurance is a goddamn racket
>>
>>324405934
It's things like this that makes me legit scared of living in America and why it's pretty far down on my hypothetical "what countries would I like to move to" list.

Just seems like such a dangerous place. Like at any time if you aren't paying attention you can get royally fucked by something.
>>
>>324381974
Maybe like $200 if I'm lucky.

Fuck I need another job soon.
>>
>>324406291
My family constantly gets fucked by medical expenses and something expensive breaks seemingly ever year, it's terribly annoying.
>>
>>324406390
Not getting a lot of tax returns isnt a sign of poverty you dingus, maybe your job pays like shit but not getting high returns is just a sign you didnt overpay
>>
>>324406437
Stop having shitty genes
>>
>>324406531
Depends?

I haven't had a job since May so I don't know how much I would be getting back
>>
>>324396614
> For some reason all the banks in my country pretty much went. "Nope, not gonna do that shit anymore".
its because of ECB wants to discourage people from saving
>>
File: darkestmemeonearth.jpg (9KB, 438x426px) Image search: [Google]
darkestmemeonearth.jpg
9KB, 438x426px
Fuck me I need to find another job for the summer. Out of money for school after this semester
>>
File: 1425139522292.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1425139522292.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
>/v/ discusses taxes

I forsee many audits on the way
>>
>>324405426
Thats what I thought, butI am still hoping its anotherillness that can be cured and cause my hair to regrow, im only 23 and its falling fast.

i also have some hardcore whites tuff on my head
>>
>>324398051
Nah. Plus, what is bad about CH? Some of their stuff is good.
>>
>>324407905
>hardcore white stuff
Dandruff? Try washing your hair sometime, anon
>>
>>324405202
Yeah it could be male pattern baldness, but i amalso only 23, I hope its something else that doesnt cause permanent hair loss

And about theherpes, thats the worst no clue how i got it
>>
>>324408814
Becoming bald around 23 is fairly common I think. I'm starting to become it as well.
>And about theherpes, thats the worst no clue how i got it

For reference, 61% of the male population in Europe have herpes.

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/releases/2015/herpes/en/

Are we talking about the dick or mouth kind though?
>>
>>324408581
I believe its Seborrheic dermatitis, but there are many illnesses like it i am not sure.

its not a sign of poor hygine, its genetic.
>>
>>324408814
Almost everyone has herpes. https://youtu.be/aU4VcOQzQm0
>>
Why the fuck do you faggot even have to send tax returns? are you all self employed or some shit?
>>
>getting a return
>giving the government an interest free loan instead of using that money to pay down debt that draws interest

Sure is babby's first W2 in here.
>>
>>324409560
>to pay down debt that draws interest
>Paying interest
Put down the credit card for 2 seconds babby and learn some fiscal responsibility ;)
>>
File: 1446620628617.gif (352KB, 499x289px) Image search: [Google]
1446620628617.gif
352KB, 499x289px
>>324409123
my hair is shedding at an insane pace though, full set of hair by summer 2015, then by November I have a huge bald spot.

>>324409123
>>324409413
It genital I suppose since it was on my butt, Hopefully its the hsv1 and not hsv2.

I know alot of people have it, but doesnt mean I should feel good for having it. I mean I wouldnt mind it if it werent contagious, but now nobody is going to want to be with me
>>
>>324381974
Na I put the correct amount when I started my job so I never have to pay anything buy I never get anything back
>>
>>324409835
You cant buy a house or a car with a credit card, kid.
>>
Guys, I'm gonna plead to you one thing.
Put it in savings and forget about it. Treat it like it's money you never had. If you can't do that, give it to your parents and let them manage it for you. That new $70video game you get? It's gonna be worth a whole $5 in two years. It's practically worthless, and you already have a lot of games to play anyways.
You'll be surprised how much 1.5k USD a year adds up in a few years.
I had 20k to spare when I lost my job because I did this, I was not miserable through that hardship and it was easy to get back on my feet.
>>
>>324384152

H&Rblock.com you fucking nigger.

Jesus Christ why is everyone on /v/ retarded neet children?
>>
>>324410180
What savings? Do I just go to my bank and say I want to open a savings account?

Stocks?

How does one get a 401k? Do they transfer between jobs?
>>
>>324384152
Just do a 1040ez and take the standard deduction, you dumb nigger.
>>
File: 1251344148715.jpg (24KB, 560x400px) Image search: [Google]
1251344148715.jpg
24KB, 560x400px
>3 year in a row i've been working now, 22
>getting paid well
>filed 2 depenants though and never fixed it
>got my electronic W2, it says I owe 4 USD ok no biggie
>thanks to obongo since I didn't have health insurance for all of 2015 I owe 329 dollars
>>
>>324410287
You can put it in savings if you want, it's what I did. Just keep it however you want. The easiest way to transfer 401k is to take it and restart it on new workplace.
>>
>>324391971

2014 was 95 dollars, when the penalty bullshit came in

2015 is 325 USD per adult

2016 is 695 USD per adult

it will get worse
>>
>>324391971
>not lying about your income and crying poor to your state to get free coverage.
>>
>>324409896
>on my butt
Hey, did you ever feel really butthurt when you were a kid, like after waking up?
>>
>>324410852
>the new penalty is over $600
I remember when I saw that shit on the news. Fucking hell.
>>
File: MOC-1394.jpg (19KB, 500x221px) Image search: [Google]
MOC-1394.jpg
19KB, 500x221px
I'm gonna buy the pieces to add this MOC lego train station to my model sets, and put the rest to pay off my college bills. I have the instructions, so now I've just got to order the rest off bricklink.
>>
>tfw Australian I don't know how taxes work.
I understand the basics of "yo can have employer take the taxes out so you don't have to worry about doing it yourself" but that's as much as I understand.
When I signed onto Centrelink last year for unemployment, the form asked how much tax I wanted to take out of each payment.
>tfw I didn't know what to do and was too scared to ask so I just put down 10% because it sounded right.
>tfw I don't know how to claim shit or get a tax return.
The ATO's got my bank details. T-they'll just put it back into my bank account at the end of the financial year, r-right guys?
>>
>>324411507
So why are there penalties? Is this because of a half arsed system trying to be implemented over another one?
>>
Waiting on my electronic W-2s. First time doing taxes, and since I'm a poorfag working a part-time job, I'll just do TurboTax's free shit. I filed for single and some witholdings, I think, and I made fuck-all this year so I should be getting a refund. I don't know, I don't own any investments or anything, so it should be relatively simple.
>>
File: T6gJxZq - Copy.jpg (33KB, 554x480px) Image search: [Google]
T6gJxZq - Copy.jpg
33KB, 554x480px
>>324395446
Does she also have a legal age sister who will also suck cock and do anal for gemstones?
>>
>>324413014
So that the idiots who don't get health insurance are at least somewhat covered when they get taken to the ER.
>>
>>324413665
>I'll just do TurboTax's free shit.
Only the federal filing is free. They'll want like $30 to do your state filing.

Just figure out how to do a 1040ez and whatever your state's basic return is. Fill out the pfd, print, and mail it in.

Paying $30 to do your taxes for a part time job is a waste of money.
>>
>>324414489
Oh, so what was the point of Obamacare if it didn't nullify the need for insurance?
>>
>>324413665
Did you make less than 14k in the last year? If so, then yeah, you should get it back.

I'd check out all those tax sites before you submit, sometimes some can get you a bit more than the others.

>>324414620
Also this, check if your state collects taxes, if not, do it with them. I live in Texas and they don't so I just have federal which is free with these sites
>>
>>324414670
>nullify the need for insurance
Nope
It's so that poor people actually get insurance and make it somewhat cheaper for them. It also stopped insurance companies from telling people to fuck off if they had pre-existing conditions because before they would just deny you if you already had cancer and shit but they can't anymore.

It doesn't nullify the need for insurance. Only a single-payer system does that.
>>
>>324381974
I'm going to Vegas with my gf and I'll be using some of that return for an engagement ring. I'll be proposing to her at the Top of the World restaurant at The Stratosphere.
>>
>>324395325
This is the "awful compromise so we can push it through congress" version, since america's system was designed to stymie any actual sociopolitical progress
>>
>>324415024
Huh, yeah, I knew about the pre existing illness thing when a friend of mine was saying rather than pay into a socialist system that if his insurance doesn't pay for a condition he'd rather die than incur debt.

I think he might be insane or trying to hard to seem classic right wing.
>>
>>324381974
I'm probably getting less than last year. I estimate 500 at most

I'm blowing it on bringing my credit card debt down. The rest goes into savings.
>>
>>324414765
TX doesnt require you to file? Thats based. I knew there was no state income tax, but i assumed you still had to file so they know how much you made in case you try to cry poor for state benefits.
>>
>>324415373
>paying rather than pay into a socialist system that if his insurance doesn't pay for a condition he'd rather die than incur debt.
Your friend is crazy

>>324415951
Nope, there's a lot of stupid shit in this state but I'm glad for that.
>>
>>324415027
> I'll be proposing to her at the Top of the World restaurant at The Stratosphere.

My buddy did the same exact thing a couple years ago. I hope you know the stratosphere is a shit hotel and stay somewhere else. I stayed at the Aria in December and it was very nice, but you get what you pay for, and it was not cheap.

Good luck with the proposal, m8.
>>
I'm a tax newfag. If I'm making just above minimum wage anyway, should I still stop automatic deductions? I'd have to put aside the money anyway to pay the taxes later, and I don't have a lot of disposable income, so it's not like I can foresee myself being able to pay the taxes when the times comes (though I don't know how much I'll owe, anyway).
>>
>>324416181
Thanks man. Don't worry I wasn't planning on staying there. Will probably be staying at the Ballagio.
>>
>>324416292
>should I still stop automatic deductions
Yes you should be claiming single 1 all year. You can do that and probably still get money back with the Earned Income Credit.

How much did you make all year? It's it's less than 1
>>
>>324416059
Cool, I thought so. He was ranting about how the introduction of pensions was when America went downhill and how illness is all due to diet anyway and cancer can be averted.
>>
>>324394827
I'm pretty sure that, after tax credits and government assistance, if monthly coverage is more than 8% of your monthly income, they won't fine you for not having health insurance.

I mean, i can understand the penalty. People who are out of touch with how being poor works wanted to make sure everybody was hooked into the system and figured the best way to convince people into signing up was to hit them with a penalty.

What they failed to realize is that even with the premium tax credit that you get for being broke, its still cheaper to take the hit from the fine than to pay for healthcare.

So basically the whole thing is fucked and all the people in charge are greedy faggots that have no idea what its like to be lower class
>>
Since we're talking about healthcare and shit, Bernie's single-payer system plan
https://berniesanders.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Medicare-for-All.pdf

Unless you're making over 250k, your taxes won't be increasing.

>>324416292
Do you know how much you withhold?

Here's this year's tax brackets
http://www.bankrate.com/finance/taxes/tax-brackets.aspx

Say you made $14,225 in the last year, you'd pay 10% of 9,225 for the first bracket and then the remaining 5,000 would be taxed at 15%

So 9,225x.1+5000x.15, would be however much you pay. Any deductions you have would be subtracted from that amount
>>
>>324416626
The Bellagio is very nice. So is the Comsopolitan. The Monte Carlo's not bad.

What month are you going? If it's still cold, you should check out the ice skating rink at the cosmo. Romantic af.
>>
>>324416670
Not that guy, but if I claim more dependents for withholding at work, does that mean they will withhold less money?

Also single and I used to claim 1 but they withhold way too much money
>>
I love it when you turn 18 in America YOU owe the IRS immediately when you file your first taxes.

I didn't even have a job back then and was in school but the school advisor told me to do it anyhow.

Didn't get no returns from Federal and State.

no $ means no $
>>
>>324417003
Probably sometime during the summer.
>>
>>324417330
Gotta love America for having a JEWISH system am I right?
>>
One of the following:
1.) Savings
2.) New components for my electronics workbench
3.) New radar detector (9500ix is getting a bit dated)
>>
>>324417330
You don't file taxes if you have no income. What are you talking about?
>>
>>324417330
What? If you didn't have a job and lived with your parents, you didn't have to file.

Your parents claimed you on their taxes, that's why you didn't get a refund.

Also, never listen to school advisers. They're always shit at their jobs.
>>
>>324381974
How fucked am I if I don't work and don't have health insurance?
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-18-14-03-46.png (88KB, 717x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-18-14-03-46.png
88KB, 717x1274px
>>324417197
You can go exempt and they wont take any money.

Let me explain what I do for you fags.

I earn decent money. see pic related. It's what a typical week is like for me.

I know that the standard deduction is $6k and the personal exemption is $4k. That means I can earn $10k and not have to pay the federal government a single cent in taxes.

So at the beginning of the year, I go to my payroll office and change my status to exempt. Uncle Sam will not take a penny out of my paycheck for taxes, though i'll still pay social security. I do this until I've earned $10k. I then go back to my payroll office and change my status to S-1. This means they will start taking taxes out. By the end of the year, I should break even with Uncle Sam within a few hundred bucks. I think this year I'll owe like $320.

The idea is when you let uncle sam take that money through out the year, you're loaning him money that he's not paying you interest on. Youre better off putting that money into savings during the year and getting SOME kind of interest, or using it to pay down any debt.
>>
>>324417820
What's the point of a radar detector? By the time you get pinged they've already got the speed gun on you and you can't possibly slow down quickly enough to make it matter.
>>
>>324417330
>Didn't get no returns

Did you even pay anything? It's called a tax return for a reason, you have to have given them money in the first place.
>>
>>324418104
Do you live with your parents?

>>324418145
How do you know how much your deductions add up to? I know I get one for paying for school but I haven't gotten that info yet. Fedloan already told me how much I paid in interest. Pretty sure I get another but not positive
>>
I'm neet so I've never had to do taxes, it sounds scary
>>
>>324418432
Y-yes. And I'm 21.
>>
>>324418432
>How do you know how much your deductions add up to

Because I have none. I dont pay a mortgage, Ive never taken a student loan. My car mileage is a joke because i drive like 10 miles round trip. Believe me, I've tried to bullshit deductions but I've never come close to the standard $6k.
>>
>>324418148
Radar waves bounce around and reflect off all sorts of shit. You can often pick up radar guns before you're within line-of-sight of the cop. In ideal situations a good radar detector can pick up a cop from up to two miles away. Half mile is a more realistic number though.

The situation you're describing only happens if cops run their radar gun in instant on or quick trigger modes or if they're running LIDAR. Even instant on is possible to detect ahead of time though, if a cop clocks a car that's ahead of you you'll pick up that brief radar transmission.
>>
>>324418587
Then your parents will claim you on their taxes and you're on their health insurance.

If they don't have health insurance, still don't worry about it.

When you get a job, you can do your own taxes.
>>
>>324418649
Oh ok, due to paying for school and student loan interest, I get about 2k in deductions.

I think I'm going to start doing what you do with this coming year. Just have to remember to change my withholding when the time comes
>>
>>324418148
>>324418706
But don't take my word for it, you can see it yourself. Cop is pulling under the overpass on the left across from the Shell station.

Now with the right webm uploaded!
>>
>>324381974
I told HMRC I have short term memory loss as verified by my doctor. Remembered to get my taxes all sorted but the local office dreads my NI number.
>>
>>324419439
>I get about 2k in deductions.

Which is $4k less than the standard deduction. So why bother sitting there and telling the government about all your school shit when you can just take the standard deduction? Do you get what I'm saying here? Even if you lie about your deductions and double that $2k, you're still below $6k.

Just so we're clear, anyone can take the standard deduction and you dont have to show proof of anything.
>>
>>324381974

I thought tax returns were due in April or some shit. I don't remember the date, but it seems like it's aways in April.
>>
File: 1441995715252.jpg (111KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1441995715252.jpg
111KB, 500x344px
Made like 6k from my min wage job this year.
1kish in taxes and take care of my mother on disability. Wonder how much I'll get back.
>>
>>324420034
Jan 31st is the deadline for employers to provide W2s, you pleb.
>>
>>324419693
Nah man, the student loan interest and tuition is subtracted from your total income and that adjusted gross income is what they used for the standard deduction and personal exemption

Say I made $13,000 last year, with 2k in deductions, it's 11,000, then with the standard deduction, it's about 5000 (more like 4800 but whatever), then with personal exemption of about 4k, it comes out to 1000.

That 100 is your taxable income, 1000x10% and they charge you $100.

The tuition and student loan interest is just another deduction that gets put with standard deduction and personal exemption
>>
>>324420039

you'll get it all back, stupid
>>
>>324420034
Earlier you do it, faster you get your refund.
>>
>>324420248

ok, as long as I have my W2 before I start doing my taxes on the last week before they're due in April I don't give a shit.
>>
>>324420274
>Nah man, the student loan interest and tuition is subtracted from your total income and that adjusted gross income is what they used for the standard deduction and personal exemption

Wrong. It's called a standard deduction because it's standard for everyone regardless of how much you made. Same with the personal exemption.

http://www.irs.com/articles/2015-federal-tax-rates-personal-exemptions-and-standard-deductions
>>
>>324420368
Oh Honestly it's my first time actually doing taxes, so I just assumed I lost half or some shit.
Thread posts: 513
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.