[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The content we've lost, the story we've lost, won&

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15

File: MGS5(7).jpg (26KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
MGS5(7).jpg
26KB, 640x360px
The content we've lost, the story we've lost, won't stop hurting. It's like they're all still there. You still feel it too, don't you?

Thread Theme : https://youtu.be/ESBXOOMi7SE?t=5m41s
>>
I don't feel anything about it anymore anon.

Just let it go.
>>
Why are we still here?
>>
>>324299657
I dont know why any one wants it to be finished.

I'm a diehard MGS fanboy and this was the shittiest of all the entrys and I had to force myself to finish it.
>>
Everything about this game was just so fucking basic. I don't even care about the cut content anymore.

Two big maps with nothing but 3 man outposts everywhere. Literally all the same. Fuck it.
>>
>>324300279
I loved the gameplay. I just wish there had been a more satisfying ending.
>>
File: 1439312430162.jpg (205KB, 800x900px) Image search: [Google]
1439312430162.jpg
205KB, 800x900px
All I hope for now is good single player dlc. Those soulless gook fucks probably wont give us shit though. All in all I'm excited for the next game.
>>
File: the future of metal gear.jpg (265KB, 1300x875px) Image search: [Google]
the future of metal gear.jpg
265KB, 1300x875px
>>324300586
>All in all I'm excited for the next game.
anon...
>>
Please explain to me exactly what content was cut, excluding mission 51, that would have made any single difference in the game whatsoever. I'll wait.
>>
>>324300462
The gameplay was shit to.
>Pop them in the head with tranqs
>They use helmets
>Use sleep nades
>they wear both a Helmet and Gas mask
>Stray bullets makes entire base go on alert for fucking ever no more timers
>Stepping closer to enemy to grab makes them turn around for moving a bit faster

Older ones were better in everyway.
>>
>>324299657

No, I don't feel it anymore because i've accepted the fate of MGSV. The only thing that can fix MGSV is a complete restructure of the entire game. The gameplay is phenomenal, but when you run out of interesting things to experience with that gameplay, it just loses all purpose.

Let it go.
>>
>>324300864
It's pretty obvious that the game was unfinished. The side ops and Chapter 2 are a clear sign. There's no way the team was satisfied with the way it shipped. You'd have to be a complete moron to deny it.
>>
>>324301120
Regardless of the state of the game when it was released, the story was there, and it was a fucking joke. There was no amount of "cut" filler that could have saved it. It was trash from day 1. You could fluff out the story all you want but in the end, it was just plain a bad story.
>>
The gameplay was "good" but it suffered from a severe lack of challenge, indoor areas, and enemy responsiveness. You shouldn't have to purposefully handicap yourself to enjoy a game's harder difficulty.

As it stands it was piss fucking easy:
- Enemies slept too long
- Couldn't see for shit
- Enemy reinforcements took forever to come and it was like 6 dudes despite you attacking a major base.
- Too easy to run away and enemies were really bad at chasing you or patrolling for you

The game was basically a series of islands, and you could disappear into the water at will without consequence because the enemy couldn't even swim or bother to look for you.

Add this to no third area, an unfinished story, and Kojima ruining Venom by making him silent, and you have a mediocre game that could have been great.
>>
File: 1447824961729.jpg (67KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1447824961729.jpg
67KB, 768x1024px
I don't know why David is still salty about not being in MGS5. He literally dodged the bullet by not being in this mediocre disappointment of a finale.

Not being in MGS5 is like calling off work at the WTC on 9/11. He should be thankful as fuck that his name isn't attached to this turd. Not that there was any real reason to have Kiefer in the first place since Venom had all of like 30 lines in the entire game.
>>
>>324301551
When Ocelot mentioned that I could hide behind my horse to avoid long range detection, I thought long range detection would be a real thing.

Instead it was me driving my jeep right up to the edge of an outpost, taking them all out with some combination of CQC and sweet robot fist punch 6 million dollar boss style
>>
The game was too easy even without markers. Or too complicated. Either make it realistic ala Arma 3 or make it less realistic and more dense and fun.
>>
>le MGS V is bad meme

Explain to me why this game is bad. Literally no one will answer this.
>>
>>324301743
I agree. I was salty since before even Ground Zeroes came out that Hayter wasn't in.

Then TPP released.
>>
>>324300915
>can't adapt to gameplay changes
You're shit
>>
>>324301965
I'll say it again: MGSV isn't a bad game, it's just a bad MGS game.
>>
>>324301743
>He literally dodged the bullet by not being in this mediocre disappointment of a finale.
But he was in MGS4
>>
>>324300586
It wont happen sorry Anon. All they have now is a small team working on the multiplayer.
All hopes of any single player mission dlc is out the window.

Dont be surprised for them to get some work experience boy to knock them up a costume or two in a couple of hours to sell for a few bucks though
>>
>>324301965
>series known for deep sprawling story
>long info dumps on character back stories
>codec conversations
>some of the best boss battles in games
>all of this is missing
>why is it bad?lol
>>
>>324301551
those could have all been improved with difficulty options
>>
>>324302339
>game is bad because is not exactly like I wanted it to be
ok, anyone else?
>>
File: 1442787828276.gif (942KB, 253x216px) Image search: [Google]
1442787828276.gif
942KB, 253x216px
>>324302339
>MGS story
>deep

Trashed.
>>
>>324302438
Nobody wanted it like this my man.
>>
>>324301965

It's not bad. MGS5 is an objectively good game. The problem is that it's just "good".

It's not memorable in any way like the previous games. It has almost zero story, and what little story it does have is inconsequential to the rest of the games (muh wolbachia, muh parasites). It is literally a forgettable experience with the MGS name and likeness attached to it. It's the Final Fantasy The Spirits Within equivalent of MGS games.
>>
>>324302463
Are you implying that the story of mgs is shallow? Because I've got news for you
>>
>>324302537
It's still an invalid reason to say the game is bad because you're judging it by the merit of the others
>>
File: 1443969685258.jpg (160KB, 499x562px) Image search: [Google]
1443969685258.jpg
160KB, 499x562px
>playing GZ
>it's perfect
>more of this will surely come with TPP
>it doesn't
>amazing gameplay but everything else is lacking

Thanks, Obama
>>
>>324302438
- Empty open world filled with copy and paste villages
- No indoor areas
- Nonsensical, unfinished story that doesn't even earn its "lel EPIC TWIST XD," even at the expense of character development
- No difficulty options
- No NG+
- Motherbase feels tacked on and unfinished
- Lack of boss battles
- Resource collection bullshit turns the game into a pseudo clash of clans
>>
>>324302664

No, I'm just implying that it's not a deep. In case you're a fucking retard, which you clearly are, then not everything is either this or that. You can fall in between extremes, you know.

But you wouldn't know that because you're a fucking mong. :^)
>>
>>324302856
>it's not because I said so
>now I'll call you names because lol

Good argument.
>>
>>324302737
>- Empty open world filled with copy and paste villages
This is a valid reason
>- No indoor areas
This isn't
>- Nonsensical, unfinished story that doesn't even earn its "lel EPIC TWIST XD," even at the expense of character development
The story makes sense, no matter how much memes you include in your sentence
>- No difficulty options
Valid reason
> No NG+
Invalid
>- Motherbase feels tacked on and unfinished
Valid but irrelevant
>- Lack of boss battles
There ARE boss battles, so that's an personal opinion
>- Resource collection bullshit turns the game into a pseudo clash of clans
The best argument, although they kinda fixed that with recent patches. I'll give you that one
>>
File: 1433205527923.jpg (82KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1433205527923.jpg
82KB, 960x960px
year one complete edition
e
a
r

o
n
e

e
d
i
t
i
o
n
>>
>>324302737
I literally have no idea how someone who has actually finished the game would refute this.
Everything you've said is correct but I can 100% guarantee someone will reply
>b-b-b-b-b-but 10/10 gameplay right!

Bollocks. Tight controls do not equal good gameplay.

Id also add that the story is lacking because after the E3 trailer we knew literally all of the characters. Literally.
There were no surprises. No moments of us wanting to know more about a character. We had seen them all in the trailer and the whole game was just waiting for them to arrive.
>>
>>324301965
It's not bad, it's just disappointing.

That said, there are plenty of things wrong with it, and I'm sure for some people these would be enough to make it a 'bad' game
>Open world is empty and full of only four or five proper encampments to infiltrate, all of which are still relatively small
>As a result, missions recycle locations
>Missions recycle missions
>Terrible story, and what little is there is sidelined entirely to tapes
>Laughable villain with an incredibly inconsistent performance
>Rushed "conclusion" to chapter 1 that feels extremely halfbaked with extremely awkward in-engine animations, slow walking, and a slow and frankly cringe worthy jeep ride. This is a big deal considering it is meant to amount to some sort of climax but is just downright trash
>Poor utilization of existing characters for the majority of the game, with the exception of Kaz and Huey (particularly in act 2)
>The only redeemable thing about act 2 are some of the cutscenes and story beats, because half of the missions are recycled and the other half are fundamentally underwhelming
>Shitty and uncreative side-ops
>Whatever they planned for the Camp Omega crossover content "which has never been seen before" will indeed never be seen because it's missing
>Core gameplay is satisfying but very easy
>Terrible 'bosses'
>>
>>324302998

Again, you are literally too fucking retarded to understand that a story can be not shallow and not deep at the same time. MGS isn't shallow by any means, but it's not deep at all. It's a goofy over the top story about how two guys misunderstood a woman's wish and fucked up the world because of it.

You're still a fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>324302250
>le MGS4 was a bad game meme
>>
>>324299657
I won't end as shitposts, you're all memes.
>>
File: 1445549153969.png (244KB, 397x448px) Image search: [Google]
1445549153969.png
244KB, 397x448px
>you will never be as handsome as Venom
>>
>>324303268
>le MGSV was a bad game meme
see? I can do it too!
>>
>>324303352
But your may may green text is wrong

:^)
>>
>>324301965
It's not bad it's just a huge disappointment and a step down from it's predecessors in nearly every way.

Anyone you see who says

>"The story is disappointing but it has the best gameplay"

Is an underage pleb who never played MGS2-4.
>>
File: bigbossvsskullface.png (295KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
bigbossvsskullface.png
295KB, 512x384px
>>324302725
>GZ was an objectively more complete and better game than TPP
>>
>>324303512
But your may may green text is wrong

:^)
>>
Here's why it's bad.

Remove the game from the series as if it had never happened ok? Got it?
Now the story line is exactly the same. Nothing changes. At all. Absolutely NOTHING HAPPENS THE ENTIRE GAME. NOTHING.
>>
>>324303524
But it does have the best gameplay, you contrarian faggot
>>
>>324303719
Explain one way it has better gameplay than MGS3.
>>
would anyone else have waited another year for it if they

>made the open world better, random animal spawns instead of preset spawns, random small temporary enemy camps
>more fleshed out MB where you can train with your men, go to the mess hall, talk to miller, ocelot and piss of eli by throwing magazines at him
>made some more fun side ops instead of copy pasta extract the whatever
>finished episode 51

theres probably some alternate universe where TPP was goty and blew everything else out of the water
>>
>>324301965
Why is it a bad game?

Well let's see.
It shipped with an unfinished story, it was supposed to have 3 chapters, instead it has one, and then another one that simple has you going through the same exact mission as as the first one but with different modifiers.

crafting gear not only requires spending ridiculous amount of time gridning memebers for your micro management base simulator, but also takes real time which, lets face it is an automatic red mark for any game, regardless of whether its possible to use the clock trick or not.

They've literally picked two most generic uninspired areas on the planet to place the gameplay.

Gameplay is extremely repetitive. Inherently all gameplay is, but generally games tend to alleviate this by giving you diversity or giving you reason to change locations or pace. MGSV doesn't have random things you can do, its one giant sneaking simulator, with assassin's creed unity level of repetitive and mundane grind.

Not to mention launch was plagued with connection/lag/gameplay problems and glitches and feature delays that made a lot of people quit before the game stabilized.

Now hit me up with flameposts because god knows we can't offend the holy divine creation that is Kojima's ejaculate.
>>
>>324303852
Why don't you play both games and see it for yourself?
>>
>>324303268

MGS4 is literally the worst video game I have ever played
>>
Is ground zero worth playing after I've been playing MGS 5?
>>
>>324300915
This was one of the good parts of the gameplay. Perhaps you're just a casual.

The gameplay was bad overall, because
>made no use of the open world, neither during missions nor side ops
>can tranq and Fulton anything and everything, removing any challenge
>side ops are repeated ad nauseam
>MB is completely shit, with nothing to do
>the two maps are possibly the most plain and boring settings to make a game in
>grinding, grinding, then some more grinding
>buddies other than DHorse trivialize the game
>there are no security cameras
>guard layout is terrible and lazy, the game assumes you are using a tranq or other weapon
>three types of guard posts
>absolutely nothing happening in the world
>>
>>324303094
>This is a valid reason
Correct
>No indoor areas
None you are able to explore. Indoor areas have always been a key staple of the MGS games and stealth games in general. An open world stealth game just does not work.

>The story makes sense
Not with the unexplained endings like Eli and Mantis just going with a massive mech and Quiet dissapearing and Venom doing literally nothing and Code Talker doing literally nothing and Kaz doing literally nothing and Ocelot etc...

>Valid reason
Yup

>No NG+
All the other mgs's let you start a new game with certain types of equipment not orignally available to you giving the games some brilliant and inventive replay value. MGSV has none of this

>Motherbase feels tacked on and unfinished
Not at all irrelevant. Its meant to be one fo the largest aspects of the game. In fact the entire story is based around your soldiers dying due to a virus. How is motherbase not one of the key aspects in all of this. Whats the point of attempting to make you care about your soldiers when all they do is walk around a big empty waste of harddrive space.

>There ARE boss battles
In a series renowned for its boss battles having a lackluster sniper fight and one mech battle where you spam bullets constantly is appaling.
This is the first thing that hit me when the game ended. They are completely forgettable and the game would not change at all without them.

>Fixed that with recent patches
The resource collection is bullshit but making it easier just further shows how hollow the game truely is.
>>
>>324304002
The game needed another 2 years to be fully finished.
>>
>>324304139
yes
>>
>>324303640
The same can be said of 3, 4, and PW, honestly.
MG1 and 2, MGS1 and 2 are the only ones relevant.
>>
>>324304210
>mgs2 is relevant

It was literally fake. The whole game.
>>
>>324303640
>Take the seventh game in a franchise and pretend the other six didn't happen
>>
>>324304025
In other words you can't.
>>
>>324304382
It set the events of 4 into motion
>>
It was a lot of fun until you got to the part where konami pulled the plug. It was blatantly obvious.
>>
>>324304180
>indoor areas have always been a key staple of the MGS games

in which ones? MGS 1 and 2? less than half the series is not a staple.
>>
>>324304206
Why? Isn't it kinda the same thing?
>>
>>324304707
So right after you rescue miller?
>>
>>324304382
and it's the most important one
>>
>>324304649
In other words you didn't play the game you're criticizing
>>
- Resource collection nonsense clash of clans shit is built into the essence of the game
- Tranquilizers and other buddies trivialize the game
- Three types of guards
- World is empty except for villages whose sole purpose is to give you resources for the stupid mini-game
- Gameplay doesn't make use of the open world at all - why aren't there more enemy patrols? why don't enemies send reinforcements that will actually challenge you? why don't enemies patrol for you in the wilderness?
- Missions recycle locations
- Alarms don't matter - best way to S rank is to just rush through as fast as possible
- No cameras
- No difficulty options, guards can't see for shit, can't chase you very far at all. The game is just too fucking easy.
- No NG+
- No memorable boss fights
- No indoor sneaking areas
- Afghanistan and Angola grow tiresome; lack of a third location
>>
>>324302725

You feel it too, dont you? The lack of content, story or crazy plots, every night I can feel them, what could had been.

Its the Phantom Pain anon, let it go.
>>
>>324303640

It's like Kojima made a game to explain how big boss was alive in mg2.

Point is nobody gave a single fuck about that
>>
>>324303640
>remove 4
>the storyline gets noticeably better

I don't see your point
>>
>>324304773
Metal Gear, Metal Gear 2, MGS1,MGS2.
Even 3 and 4 have their fair share of indoor environemnts and they pull them off perfectly while keeping the outdoors interesting as well.
Im the type of person who can explore a game world and just have fun doing whatever the world allows you to do but with V the world gives me nothing. It is completely baron and the only reason i can think that they made it open world is as a selling point. Which unfortunately worked with me.
>>
>>324300279
>I'm a diehard MGS fanboy
that's why you disliked it

MGSV is for the new players at MGS. It's everything a MGS game is not. One important thing at every MGS game is how everything you do is relevant to the story. Even in PW, every story mission was something to drive the story forwards. In MGSV, many main "story" mission are "go rescue that guy because I say so" but the impact was minimal or even non-existent.

MGS story is usually insane and/or bad, but MGSV has no relevant story at all and the trailers pretty much cover everything and actually look better than the game itself.

Sure, really hardcore fanboys will love it, but people like that are at /vg/ sucking Kojimas cock.
>>
You can assume it's probably not very good if you fire it up after a 3 month break and you can't even stomach playing for more than 5 minutes.
>>
>>324305053
>>remove 4
>>the storyline gets noticeably better
HAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>324303852
>It doesn't force you to do completely brainless menu operations to heal or hide properly
>it doesn't limit you to only crawling or running
>it doesn't force you to drag bodies slowly and imprecisely
>it didn't need a rerelease with a new camera so people wouldn't complain
>>
>>324304163
>Perhaps you're just a casual.
That's a joke right?

MGSV is casual as fuck.
Go play Snake Tales on MGS2 and then we talk.
>>
>>324304002
I'd add in the fact that there are like 4 major characters that never even utter a single word.
>>
>>324303094
>There ARE boss battles
If you call that shit "boss" battles you really need to play previous games or get your head out of kojimas ass.
>>
>>324305442
He was complaining about things that were easy to work around. He's literally too casual for a casual game.
>>
>>324305386
go ahead, anon, tell me which part of "all the intentional fuckery from 2 was literally what happened, all we can't explain is nanomachines, ocelot was just faking it, big boss is still alive so he can die and snake was just bluffing about his motivations" made the series better

MGS4 was made to pander to retards who couldn't think for themselves after 2 ended
>>
You literally don't even get to kill the big bad. What the fuck happened?
>>
>>324305432
>>It doesn't force you to do completely brainless menu operations to heal or hide properly
What are rations? Also you could just stand behind something and not be seen because enemies weren't omnipotent with a 20-20 vision in complete dark.
>>it doesn't limit you to only crawling or running
You can sneak in 3.
>>it doesn't force you to drag bodies slowly and imprecisely
You could take bodies over your shoulder in 3.
>>it didn't need a rerelease with a new camera so people wouldn't complain
V is still young, 3 camera was fine.
>>
>>324304002
Yes.

It took almost 7 years to finish that mess, so I would gladly wait another year or two to get a proper game.

But if Kojima took so many years to produce MGSV, why would 1 year make any difference? He's either slow or a procrastinator.
>>
>>324303268
MGS4 is terrible. It's time to accept it.
>>
>>324305706
my bad, sorry.
>>
Mgsv: the story of not big boss fucking around in the desert, being nice to everyone he meets.
>>
File: did nothing wrong.png (128KB, 280x350px) Image search: [Google]
did nothing wrong.png
128KB, 280x350px
>>324305770
Hey Snake, let me help!
>>
yup was super disappointed. haven't even played act 2
>>
>>324305764
You're trying too hard bro.
>>
>>324305386
The story in 4 was godawful.
>>
>>324305432
>It doesn't force you to do completely brainless menu operations to heal or hide properly

Instead you heal from sitting behind cover for 5 seconds like every other shit third person shooter to come out since Gears of War and you don't have to do anything to hide properly.

>it doesn't limit you to only crawling or running

Neither does 3.

>it doesn't force you to drag bodies slowly and imprecisely

Instead you can fulton everyone and never have to worry about hiding bodies. Obviously a better stealth mechanic.

>it didn't need a rerelease with a new camera so people wouldn't complain

Instead MGSV's problems will never be fixed.
>>
>>324305906
>He's either slow or a procrastinator.
Neither.

>make a game in reasonable time
>3/4 years development
>receive pay check for those 3 years or so
or
>make a game and extend that development time
>collect pay check for 6/7 years since you're a diva with a personality cult excusing every shit you do

I really wonder why Kojima got fired....hum.....
>>
>>324306229
;^)
>>
>People still not realizing that the reason David isn't voicing Big Boss in this game is because you're not playing as the real fucking Big Boss.

Classic.
>>
>>324305432
>i never played any MGS game beside MGSV
I could reply to you, but
>>324305791
>>324306368
already burned your stupidity so hard that gordon ramsay is yelling right now
>>
>>324305791
You could take bodies over your shoulder in 3.

really? How?
>>
>>324305770
>>324306138
I actually didn't mind that Huey killed him. Nice change of pace from that cliche of "whoops, shoulda finished me off, now I'm back from the dead to wreck things because reasons."
>>
>>324306754
Except the real boss is also voiced by 24, so there goes your explanation straight into the shitter where it belongs.

>>324306785
Castrate yourself, expose the bitch.
>>
>>324306754
That doesn't explain why he's not voicing the real BB either.
>>
>>324306829
square.
>>
I was so pumped when the flash of "coming up in chapter 2!" Scene happened and it was like choppers ripping through the air and firefights and a bunch of sweet looking tacticool action, then the menu came up and it said [REPLAY] it really took the wind out if it's sails.
>>
>>324302132
Adapting isnt the same as liking retard.

I've S'ed a good portion of the missions albeit they were all boring as aids.
>>
>>324305906
it took 7 years for both the fox engine and the game to be built, the game itself only started development around 2012

In saying that, 1/2 more years would not have fixed any of the shitty plot devices or meaningless characters in the game, Kojima fucked the game from the moment he wrote its plotline
>>
File: 75487877.jpg (139KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
75487877.jpg
139KB, 1920x1080px
>>324306942
>>
File: 1399585656631.gif (1013KB, 187x174px) Image search: [Google]
1399585656631.gif
1013KB, 187x174px
>>324302690
You're right, the others were great so it's OK for this one to be shit! What was I thinking?!
>>
>>324305791
>>324306368

Every MGS game before V allowed you to equip rations and survive pretty much anything. V's system is far from ideal, but it benefits the open ended gameplay far better than having to stop to heal, and anything is better than the cure menu.

I find it funny how one person says that there's no need to hide properly, and the other calls the enemies omniscient.

I'll rephrase what I meant with crawling and running. If you want to stay low, you're forced to crawl slowly. The crouch walking from 4 and onwards was far more elegant.

being able to grab, throw and fulton bodies is superior to being able to slowly drag them, yes, in the same way that carrying prisoners is better than taking them by the hand.

>>324306785
>here's my reply about how I'm not replying

congrats, fag
>>
>>324303116
The controls aren't even that good. People seem to mistake well animate for "smooth" or "tight". MGS4 has much better controls.
>>
File: 1450832595605.jpg (210KB, 1080x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1450832595605.jpg
210KB, 1080x1068px
>>324307960
>>
>>324304019
You can tell a reply is true when a person bitching nobody will reply doesn't acknowledge it.
>>
File: image.jpg (126KB, 1000x901px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
126KB, 1000x901px
Prologue: Awakening
0 - Awakening

Chapter 1: Revenge
1 - Phantom Limbs
2 - Diamond Dogs
3 - A Hero's Way
4 - C2W
5 - Over The Fence
6 - Where Do The Bees Sleep?
7 - Red Brass
8 - Occupation Forces
9 - Backup, Back Down
10 - Angel With Broken Wings
11 - Cloaked In Silence
12 - Hellbound

Chapter 2: Nuclear
13 - Pitch Dark
14 - Lingua Franca
15 - Footprints of Phantoms
16 - Traitor's Caravan
17 - Rescue The Intel Agents
18 - Blood Runs Deep
19 - On The Trail
20 - Retake The Platform
21 - Voices

Chapter 3: Necrosis
22 - The War Economy
23 - The White Mamba
24 - Close Contact
25 - Aim True, Ye Vengeful
26 - Hunting Down
27 - Root Cause
28 - Code Talker
29 - Metallic Archaea
30 - Skull Face
31 - Sahelanthropus

Chapter 4: Race
32 - To Know Too Much
33 - Cursed Legacy
34 - Extraordinary
35 - The Man On Fire
36 - Proxy War Without End
37 - New World Order
38 - Bound Dragons
39 - Freedom From Oppression
40 - Extinction
41 - Shining Lights, Even In Death
42 - Liberty's Child
43 - Kingdom Of The Flies

Chapter V: Peace
44 - A Nest Of Vipers
45 - Heavy Metal
46 - Spiral
47 - Coming 1984
48 - The Third Child
49 - A Quiet Exit
50 - The Man Who Sold The World

Epilogue: Severance
51 - Severance
>>
File: supernintendochalmers.jpg (31KB, 375x363px) Image search: [Google]
supernintendochalmers.jpg
31KB, 375x363px
>>324307960
>mgs4 had better controls
>>
>>324299657
>mfw I'm enjoying TPP because I'm in a strange position where I played the games in a fucked up order and don't have that strong of an attatchment to the characters
>Chief Keef > Hayter

I just wish Keef talked more
>>
>>324308231
Did you make this all by yourself?
>>
>>324306754
what about GZ then, idiot
>>
Mgo is pretty okay though.
>>
>>324307061
that allows me to either grab them by the armpits or legs and drags them, what lets me pick them up?
>>
>>324308669
Hahahahahaha.

Good one :)
>>
>>324308721
But I like it.

It's never ever going to be good as a serious multiplayer game. But it's fun to play for a few hours here and there.
>>
>>324308720
square.
>>
>>324308264
>>324308143
The only way MGSV's controls are better is that you can use a mouse so it kind of wins by default. But otherwise MGS4 controls much smoother and snake doesn't handle like a walrus on a skateboard.
>>
>>324308572
patriot propaganda from zero to make you believe venom was the real boss all along
>>
>>324308808
You were wrong, it's time to admit it.
>>
>>324308885
square.
>>
>>324308808
I'm literally in the game right now and I don't know why I'm fucking this up. I'm capturing raikov to steal his clothes. Does he have to be awake or in holdup for it to work? Or does it not work on important npcs

Is it some pressure sensitive shit?
>>
>>324304163
I seriously did not see a single security cam in the entire game with 120+ hrs.
>>
>>324309301
They're only in specific areas like the airport in Africa and FOBs.
>>
>>324309301
Some spawned outside the airport during that arms dealer misson
And there were a few in OKB-0 during it's mission.

But besides those two locations and the FOBs, there aren't any.
>>
>people forget that ground zeroes WA literally chapter 1

There are 3 chapters.
>>
>>324309113
square.
>>
>>324309301
I think I saw one in the OKB Zero base, but no others. I don't know if it was because of the way I played (ghost/no alerts), but it was pretty disappointing.
>>
>>324304382
Yes, and it basically brings closure to MGS1's post-credits ending with Ocelot and Solidus.

2 is designed to have a vague ending. It was never meant to have a sequel. The entire game is some big meta commentary paired up with "it is what you make it." It's LITERALLY what Snake says to Raiden in Arsenal Gear.

"Find something to believe in, and find it for yourself. When you do, pass it on."
"Believe in what?"
"That's your problem."
>>
>>324309301
They'll only start putting them up if you do something like twenty consecutive missions/side missions without getting seen or detected by anyone/anything.

They don't usually put them up, the system is reactive, not proactive.
>>
>>324301965
MGS5's gameplay isn't good enough to carry its weight in what little content it has.

Splinter Cell Chaos Theory is still a better game.
>>
>>324300279

I can't even do that. I played up to mission 22, taking my time to grab materials now and then and to do sidequests if they seemed interest, to find soldiers with great stats, etc. Quite a bit of work was put into it and then one day I woke up and met with some sort of error that caused my save file to be erased. I want to finish it even if I know it's shit, it's MGS and I paid for it after all, but I just can't bring myself to hunt for soldiers and remake everything I had developed all over again.
>>
>>324302223
>it's just a bad MGS game.

It's different. Go away.
>>
>>324312008
No u
>>
>>324308339
https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/removed-venom-snake-sutherland-dialogue
https://soundcloud.com/gboon/sets/youre-fired-and-more-cut-snake-dialogue
Here you have desu, senpai.
>>
Anyone still playing purely to max out their FOB's?

It's taking forever to build up my third FOB so I'm not bothering with the fourth since that's supposed to be 4-8 times more expensive to build up.

>TFW prefer lethal but keep my guards on non lethal to stop hackers.
>>
The fourth fob isn't that bad if you infiltrate people on a daily basis, my 4/4 command platform is getting done in about 2 days. It's the ridiculous requirements for the new items that matter once you're up here, like lvl 120 for several items, my maxed Base Dev is 115, so you can imagine you need several dozen S++ to reach that level.
>>
>>324312632
It's taken months just to develop all the gold weapons/items
>>
>>324303537
>bigbossvsskullface
kek
>>
>>324302725

Yeah, and that's so disappointing. I complained about it being a 30 dollar demo too, but it was fun. I, like everyone else, expected TPP to be all that and a hell of a lot more. Turns out, like you said, GZ was better in pretty much every way except for length.
>>
>>324308572
I figure GZ could be chalked up to Venom's shit memory suggestion. He remembers the mission, but not entirely what went down.

I mean, it could explain that really disjointed and nonsensical KETCHUPWAITING HUH at the start. Like it just didn't belong there.
>>
>>324313896
Oh, I guess it's not BB the one who talks in mission 46 and the Truth tapes.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.