[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, the shitposting ends here, this game was equally good

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 254
Thread images: 27

File: ds2-1418310781.jpg (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ds2-1418310781.jpg
2MB, 1920x1080px
Alright, the shitposting ends here, this game was equally good as it's predecessors or better. Let's stop jerking each other off over it being teh worst game ever, just because it gave the serious a ton of popularity.
>>
At least explain why. I even agree with you, but you need to present an argument first.
>>
>>324198204
i agree. after the disaster that was bloodborne i realize how bad miyazaki actually was for the series. too bad dark souls 3 is him. oh well.
>>
Defending Dark Souls II should be a bannable offense.
>>
What the fuck?

DKSII wasn't as bad as I initially thought.

But it is not on the same level as DeS or DkS, own BB but no PS4 yet so I can't say for that.

DkSII does have the best PvP though
>>
>>324198591
If the souls games had been released backwards everyone would be saying DaSII was the best.
>>
>>324198204
Disagree. It improved in some aspects, but took step back in others. They're both great in their own rights.
>>
>>324198204
I wouldn't go as far as saying it's the best in the series, but I had an immense amount of fun in, solo and coop.
Really the only flaw for me was the downgrade in graphics and level design for some levels.
>>
>>324198204
The DLCs were really good, but that's the best I can give you mate. Eleum Loyce might be my favorite area of the whole series. It's up there with Tower of Latria for me at least.
>>
File: yoyoyo.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
yoyoyo.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>324198486
Beautiful open world, memorable areas in that world, I will say the bosses may not have been as good, but they were still fun and interesting, (my fav being the covetous demon) because he was cute.
>>
>>324198204
Nah, you're a faggot, it sucked. It's the worst in the series.
>>
>>324198204
Shut up Yeti
>>
>>324198751
That's not true because a lot people end up liking bloodborne over DaS
>>
File: 1452392208419.jpg (69KB, 498x482px) Image search: [Google]
1452392208419.jpg
69KB, 498x482px
We have this thread ten times per day and I'm sure they are all made by the same autist, just fuck off you got no arguments except "g-git gud!!"
>>
File: yeabigsword.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
yeabigsword.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>324198895
>>324198979
>>324199118

You guys are just being contrarian, just because it garnered an unsavory fan base, doesn't mean the game was that bad.

People will scream and shout about how bad it is, but the people who just completely trash on it have no good reasons, while people who kinda of dislike aspects, usually lay out what was wrong.
>>
>>324198204
>, this game was equally good as it's predecessors or better.
Objectively false

Most areas are horrible (level design, enemy placement), most bosses are horrible, paths/progression is way more limiting, agility is shit, soul memory is shit, lore is shit, eng translation is shit, music is directly inferior, DLC added cancer rather than answer anything left unsolved from the basic game's ending, instead it opted to create yet another cliffhanger in wait for DaS3 while answering absolutely zero like it had, yet again, falsely promised to do

DaS2 is inferior to DaS1 by a long margin
>>
>>324199182
Just look at how fucking stupid your character looks. That about sums up the game.
>>
Bait thread
>>
i don't know why but i loved that it showed pictures of the areas for warping to them, like in demon's souls.

>>324199283
>translation is shit
what's wrong with the translation? it seemed exactly the same as the other games in that regard.
>>
>>324199283
Forgot to add:
>they fucked up the auto-target tracking for no reason
>hitboxes are worse, both the enemies' and the weapons
>poor enemy moveset made up by making enemies having higher turnspeed to avoid backstab-spamming, a ubisoft-tier "fix"
>>
File: mushiinquisa.jpg (16KB, 400x238px) Image search: [Google]
mushiinquisa.jpg
16KB, 400x238px
>>324199283
How come blood borne get's a pass on all these same problems?

>>324199395
idk I think he looks cool
>>
>>324198874
DUDE
HITBOXES
I MEAN SHOCKWAVES
LMAO
>>
>>324198204
It was a good game but
>worse PVP
>disappointing last boss
A lot of the Dark Souls vs. Dark Souls 2 shit is debatable and a matter of personal opinion but I think most players can agree that PVP went downhill with the sequel. PVP is a big part of the game for me so for that reason, DaS > DaS2.
>>
>>324199601
Bloodborne gets a pass on those problems mainly because it doesn't have any of those problems.
>>
>>324198204
Can you actually get that armor he's wearing in the game?
>>
No, I think it was bland and boring and finished it <20 hours
However I do see why people might enjoy it just as much as DaS1. The weapons were cool at least. It's the flat and boring level design which acted as the major turnoff for me.

It's all very subjective and there's nothing wrong with liking DaS2
>>
>>324198204
equally good as a shit game still makes it shit.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>324199283
>level design

Ugh...

*sigh* *puts down PS4 DualShock Controller*

Listen up, you stupid PKEK.

THE MAP BEING UNFINISHED REPRESENTS A PLETHORA OF THINGS. IT REPRESENTS YOUR UNDEAD BECOMING NEARLY A HOLLOW AND THE WORLD DISAPPEARS FROM HIS EYES, MAKING LESS AND LESS SENSE. IT IS ALSO A METAPHOR FOR THE ABYSS GROWING AND ABSORBING THE WORLD. These are literary tropes only masters like Miyazaki would use, of course PCucks like you, who only play Dark Shit 2, would not understand.

Got it?

*Sigh.* Ungh.

Well, have fun with your shitty Gay-me, PCuck.

I'm going to go play Bloodborne: The Old Hunters on my PlayStation 4 Life Upgrade. Toodle loo!
>>
Dark Souls 2 fails in the first second of gameplay by having the most unpleasant character control I've experienced in a long time.
>>
>>324199736
So you are saying that you understand everything at the end of blood borne and there is nothing left unsolved?
>>
>>324198204
the only valid criticism relative to DS1 i have heard about it is that too many enemies are just "dudes in armor"
>>
>>324199601
>How come blood borne get's a pass on all these same problems?
Because DaS2's are more critical, except for the amount of raw content, despite it being designed better in BB

>>324199427
Can't even post everything they fucked up in one post. Basically, they hired new translators who arbitrarily changed shit, and I mean they changed it completely, making up or removing people names or places from items and making up destriptions that make no sense compared to the JP version.
Go look it up and be ready to puke.
>>
File: image.jpg (14KB, 253x296px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
14KB, 253x296px
>>324199053
> blooborne

>half of the areas were as linear as Dark Souls 2's areas, except Bb had elevators which connected the beginning, middle and end of the level, which was not in any way on par with Dark Souls 1's intertwining paths and shorcuts.
>can't invade people who don't have summons with
>everyone using the Chicago Blade
>all armor set are either: a coat, a mess of plumes, or a tuxedo with a cape
>enemies don't drop any kind of armor since enemy variety is minimal to the point where you see first level enemies all the way through to the last areas
>bosses don't drop any type of "boss soul" so most of the time you get no lore for them
>no wrapping between lanterns
> have to return to Hunter's Dream everytime
>can't rest at lanter to respawn enemies, have to die or go back to Hunter's dream again
>Blood Vials don't refill evetrime you rest at a lantern, despite only being able to carry 20 (more with runes) at a time. You have to buy/farm them, so you can't endesly try to fight a boss without having to go get more vials every few attempts, which could have been fixed very easily by just always giving you 20 vials or less everytine you respawn
>NCP's more forgettable than the ones in Dark Soul 2
>game is supoosed to center around the health recovery mechanic but most bosses 1-2 shoot you to death
>can't look back at environment and say "wow, I remember I was there! And how I walked all the way to here! Oh look, a tower in the distance! I bet I'll eventually go there!" Since there are so much random pointy buildings and towers all around you don't even get to go inside of, you can't tell where you've been before.
>"Unseen village" is lower than regular Yharnam, anyone can see it from a balcony
>assets are reused AGAIN to the point where they put dog (same enemy which we have seen in literally every Souls game) heads on crows and crow heads on dogs and call it a new enemy
>story more obtuse than any other soul games, no real answers for main plot elements
>>
File: jump attacks.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
jump attacks.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>324199561
On the other hand
>that auto-tracking on jump attacks
>jump attacks are now PVP viable
>>
>>324199860
Pretty much. BB is more ambiguous, but everything important is told to you in some way.
On the opposite side, Dark Souls 2 lore is just cheap fanfiction, where every item description ends with "but who truly knows". It's fucking awful. Everything in Dark 2 is, and I don't use this term lightly and am kind of ashamed of myself for it, everything in Dark 2 is a meme. They looked at what people liked in the first game and tried to copy it and turn it up several degrees to please the fanbase, but they failed incredibly. It's like a Chinese knockoff of Souls.
>>
>>324199053
But that's just a product of buyers remorse, from people who got a ps4 and they realized the one game they got it for wasn't that great.
>>
>>324198204
guaranteed replies until April 16th or when the fuck ever
>>
>>324198874
>beautiful open world
>it's literally starting point branching into 4 straight directions until the end
As the creator of the original DaS2 map that the community has used for profit on the various wikis, I feel triggered by your statement.
>>
>>324198874
>fun

There's that buzzword again.
>>
>>324199929
You don't need to type a fucking essay, keep it simple.
>forever load times
>almost no build variety
There. Bloodborne vs. DaS is solved.
>>
some ACTUAL reasons why it is worse

1.) Less connected world.
2.) Soul memory was a bad system
3.)Bad final boss fight

If you played the first one the 2nd one's world's felt mostly uninspired.
>>
>>324198204
It's not the worst game ever. it's just the worst souls game.
>>
>>324198874
Dark Souls 2's world is less open than Demon's. Every area is 100% disconnected, with little caves and paths leading to them to hide how jarringly inconsistent they are with each other. Not to mention the overuse of warping ruining any sort of continuity you would feel exploring the world. It's effectively the same as Demon's level system, only shittier.
>>
File: image.jpg (699KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
699KB, 2560x1536px
>>324199806
>>324199929
Is this a "post your pasta" thread?

Here's mine, it's penne. That's spanish for penis.
>>
File: lefunisbuzzwordmeme.png (7KB, 547x277px) Image search: [Google]
lefunisbuzzwordmeme.png
7KB, 547x277px
>>324200245
Uhh fammy, you might want to get that autism checked..
>>
Easy there bud. DS2 wasn't nearly as bad as everyone here says, but saying it was equally good as DeS, Das1 and BB is straight up shit taste.
>>
>>324200324
>3.)Bad final boss fight
What broke me inside was that the culmination of the 3 DLC (three pieces of DLC), is a "real" end boss fights which manages to be worse than Nashandra, itself being one of the worst boss fights in the souls games, both in terms of lore/context and fight mechanics.

I'm so glad From will stop making souls games. Miyazaki even said that if it weren't for the fact that DaS3 was mid-development when he became president, he wouldn't have made it.
>>
>>324200086
>but everything important is told to you in some way.

If there's anything Bloodborne never answered, it was its main plot.
Why were you trapped by the hinter's dream?
Why was your journey set on slaying Mergo's wet nurse?
What happened to Mergo?

Never answered.
At least the other games gave left everything ambiguos but it's main plot and ending.
>>
>>324199929
i like bloodborne a lot but i have to agree with the level design stuff.
the level design was actually not very interesting compared to dark and especially demon's souls.
when in the dlc i got to the place people were calling the "new latria", i became very disappointed with how extremely simple it was and how quickly i got to the next part. it didn't feel like exploration but rather just systematically killing everything in an area until the next area was reached. lots of beautiful set dressing but stripped down the level design is pretty dull most of the time. combat makes up for a lot of it, and it feels that the reason the level design is that way is partially due to how the game plays compared to the souls games, being more action oriented and much less defensive and dependent on factors like equipment, items and such.
>>
>>324200245
I want this fun meme to die

dark souls is about PUNISHING YOURSELF, DIE UNTIL YOU LOVE IT, HARDCORE GAMERZ UNITE

GIT GUD GUD GITSGUITGITDITIGITDIDITFZXZCZ
>>
>>324198204
To me, it's obvious people just couldn't git good fagit, when playing ds2, so they just went on /v/ and said how shit it was. Really pathetic if you ask me. Though I do wish they would release it for xbone, so I could play it on my comfy couch with my bros.
>>
>>324200473
Interesting is also a buzzword. They're both subjective words that describe someone's opinion. They don't give an objective description of why something may be good. Posting the definition of fun does not change this.
>>
>>324199898
>Basically, they hired new translators who arbitrarily changed shit, and I mean they changed it completely, making up or removing people names or places from items and making up destriptions that make no sense compared to the JP version.
They also had 3 different groups of translators all doing their own thing.
>>
So which was worse?
>DaS DWGR pre-patch
>DaS2 monscimmy pre-patch
Debate.
>>
>>324200170
>bloodborne
>everything after Forbidden Woods becomes Dark Souls 2 levels of linear, with two elevators connecting the straight line to the boss from the beggining, middle and end.
>>
>>324200758
Mah nigger, xboners unite *fist bump* DUUUUUUUUUUDDDEEEEE
>>
>>324200794
Using your logic and deciding to have a giggle, this means that the term game is subjective as well and by my definition, this whole board is off topic.
>>
>>324200324
>the 2nd one's world's felt mostly uninspired
i actually prefer the second one, i had way more moments where i would just not do anything and stare at the environment in contemplation
>>
>>324200758
IT IS ON XBONE YOU FUCKING RATARD
>>
>>324200714
You're killing Great ones because MP wants you to.
>>
>>324200714
You're trapped by the Moon Presence, basically a patron saint of hunters.
The Moon Presence has learned that Mergo has been reborn into the world, and sends you on a quest to kill it. If Mergo is allowed to live then mankind will come to an end at the hands of the beast scourge.
You kill Mergo, and either wake up from the dream, take Gehrman's place or become a Great One and usurp the Moon Presence.
>>
>>324200917
but it's ps4 exclusive, so if people don't like it they are overcome with extreme buys remorse. They just have to pretend they made the right choice of buying a ps4.
>>
>>324200917
>DaS2
>everything from the start becomes non-linear with not a single zone-to-zone shortcut
You gotta work on your comparison skills
>>
>>324201018

I see what you mean, a few of them are good but it seems the lore and some environments are just similar copies of the first one.

That's why it can be stale.
>>
>>324200714
>Why was your journey set on slaying Mergo's wet nurse?
To stop the Mensis ritual that was creating beasts.
>What happened to Mergo?
It was used to summon the blood moon.
>>
>>324198204
>this game was equally good as it's predecessors or better
ha

no

it's like a chinese knockoff
it doesn't even belong on a tier list with the rest of the games in the series

it's not horrible, it's just not souls
>>
>>324200893
DWGR was hilariously fun and if you think otherwise go kill yourself.
>>
>>324200731
>the next latria

Is that the Research Hall? Is the least linear of the areas in the DLC so I'm guessing it's that one.
Do people really call it the Latria of Bloodborne?
>>
>>324200917
>linear
>bad

Is this a new meme?
Also,

>Nightmare of Mensis
>not godly level design
>>
>>324200680
I didn't know what you were talking about so I looked it up on the wiki. Was she added only with Scholar of the First Sin edition? I never fought her.

Sir Alonne and Fume Knight were good boss fights, but they still manage to be worse than any boss from Bloodborne's DLC.
>>
>>324200968
Not him, but there can't be contention as to whether something is a game, as it has necessary conditions outside of subjective experience. There CAN be contention on something being fun because Person A may experience "enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure", while someone else may not.

In general criticism, fun isn't good good without you being able to explain why you were led to feel "enjoyment, amusement, or lighthearted pleasure". Same as interesting. They're both conclusions, often used emptily with no premises.
>>
>>324199601
bloodborne doesn't have any of the problems dark souls 2 suffers from
>>
Dark Souls 2 is to Souls as Playstation Allstars is to Smash Bros.
>>
ITT casual 7gen babies who jumped onto the souls bandwagon when it was a meme and played DaS2 before anything else

Honestly I feel sorry for you guys, your taste has been forever raped, but you can always hope for the invention of the time machine, not everything is lost.
>>
>>324200968
Enjoyment and pleasure are emotions. A game is an actual thing. Stop being a fucking mongoloid. If you actually read reviews that say, "The game was fun and interesting." and think that's okay then you should end your life this very moment.
>>
>>324198204
>Alright, the shitposting ends here, this game was equally good as it's predecessors or better.

man being this wrong is just funny, dont even feel bad just remember you said this one day and you will chuckle about it
>>
>>324201238
It wasn't fun when it's requirement was 50% equipload and every gianthavel mom was flipping around spamming dbs in the forest having a good old time.

You're probably one of those max level shitters in the forest aren't you? It's okay, this is a safe place.
>>
>>324200758
But Dark Souls 2 Sotfs is in bothe consoles
>>
>>324201238
No you kill yourself Lucifer. There was literally no reason not to havelflip pre-patch, build variety didn't exist. Next you'll tell me washing pole was balanced.
>>
>>324201310

Nashandra is the final boss fight to Dark Souls 2 main game.

Aldia is the true final boss "fight" in Scholar of the First Sin.
>>
>>324201365
OP here, I played Demon Souls first, then dark souls, then darks souls 2, and I just recently finished blood borne. Saying we haven't played the others is a horrible argument.
>>
>>324201360
You mean it's on legitimate platforms instead of a baby machine? Gotcha
>>
>>324201251
research hall is confusing as fuck first time through and is basically a maze version of duke's
>>
>>324201484
>>324201027
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-one/games/dark-souls-ii-scholar-of-the-first-sin/118950

Oh shit boys, we're in business.
>>
>>324201048
Why?
Also, that's complete speculation.
>>
>>324201458
>max level shitters in the forest
See here's your problem. You're probably complaining because you want fair duels or some shit.
Real invaders go to Undead parish, Anor Londo, and Lost Izalith.
>>
>>324201567
I played all of them in release order as well and cannot stomach some of the mechanics of Dark Souls 2, to the point that it's just unplayable as a souls game.

It completely misses the mark. Chinese knockoff is the best description of it I've ever seen.
>>
>>324201050
Don't listen to this guy, that's 90% speculation. Nowhere in the game is it even stated that Moon Prescence is the one that wan't you to kill ither great ones.
>>
>>324201310
It goes like this
>hey there, I am here, waiting for you all along, popping out of nowhere without a logical reason
>let's not think about plot holes, hurr le dark meme xD let's fight now I want le souls :P
Basically this is Nashandra's writing

The entirety of that character is covered in plot holes, I bet you were originally intended to fight the King but then they came up with the crowns DLC bullshit so they rushed her instead. This would also explain the joke of an optional fight of the King too.
>>
>>324200758
>game is equal to or worst than predecessor in every conceivable way
>predecessor is playable natively on the same platform

why the fuck would anyone actually play the worst of the two
>>
>>324201627
It's not any more confusing than Duke's was. It's pretty much exactly Duke's. I liked it.

I'm still hoping this game gets ported to PC, it lacks the replay value and build variety of previous Souls game but it had its moments nonetheless.
>>
>>324201909
It was a lot more confusing than dukes was for me. Trying to clear and explore everything was a nightmare compared to dukes. Especially after raising the staircase.
>>
>>324201819
Moon Presence is the one who chooses and guides hunters to bring to the Dream. It uses messengers for this.
Gehrman and Moon Presence were grooming you to stop Mergo from causing another scourge disaster.
>>
>>324201823
I was asking about Aldia but sure, Nashandra was kind of a shitty villain. Too cartoony. Too keikaku. She doesn't even begin to measure up to Gwyn, who was lackluster as an actual fight but had god-tier setting and atmosphere.
>>
>>324201819
why do you think gherman is bound in the hunters dream you dumb fuck?
>>
>>324201251
yeah the research hall. and i did see people call it the latria of bloodborne. i mean i can see the comparisons in the creepy atmosphere, with the prisoners and patients and stuff, but it really made me expect some nice exploratory level design.
i was at least surprised at first when i got confused and thought the stairs were silently changing on their own when i wasn't looking, but then it became very clear to me and yeah, i got through there too quickly. still liked it, and same with most areas in bloodborne, but...
i don't know, i've just been thinking recently that bloodborne seems to base everything around its combat so much that the challenge comes only from which enemy types it makes you confront at a given time, and much less on how those enemies (and everything else) are integrated into the level design, you know?
>>
File: ohshitnigger.png (484KB, 1258x662px) Image search: [Google]
ohshitnigger.png
484KB, 1258x662px
Oh fuck, my last post had nsfw in the picture. But seriously guys, ds2 was better let's just move on and get hyped for ds3.
>>
>>324202127
Gehrman is bound to the dream because he made a pact with the Moon Presence to stop the Old Yharnam disaster. When the Moon Presence first appeared it caused a blood moon which sent the beast scourge in Old Yharnam inot overdrive. To stop this Gehrman made some sort of deal to create the Hunter's Dream, and watch over the hunters.
>>
>>324201137
>Forest of fallen giants
>Lost batille
>No man's wharf

All interconnected with intertwining paths and shorcuts.

Dark Souls 2's first areas are interconnected Dark Souls 1 style and then the level design shits the bed, just like Bloodborne.

>>324201298
>is linearity bad?
Only whn Dark Souls 2 does it, apparently.

Aslo, Nightmare of Mensis is literally one if the most linear levels in bloodborne.
>>
File: 2016-01-17_00023.jpg (319KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-17_00023.jpg
319KB, 1920x1080px
>>324198840
Just got done with the DLC. Better and more clear level design than the main game, if only for the simple fact that bonfires were used sparingly and levels looped back around themselves which made the area easier to understand remember the layout.

the Loyce DLC was my favorite, though I must admit I ragequit at the Frigid Outskirts and don't intend to go back there, we'll see, but the rest of it was pretty cool, although the giant durability loss in that area was kind of ridiculous, and as in the main game there were a few areas with too many enemies swarming you. Recruiting the knights felt fresh in a way I was hoping to get more from this game overall, the snowball shortcut and the way you backtracked later when chests were no longer frozen was also fun, I didn't mind the backtracking in that instance.

Sunken Temple was brief but okay. I appreciated not getting swarmed, taking on the drakeblood knights was fun and a clear example that simple 1v1 duels is a lot more fun than just spamming enemies for the sake of difficulty, difficulty doesn't always equate good. Sinh was a cool fight, but the Nashandra clone and the 3 dark spirits similar to the dark chasm of old encounters was lazy and they should have just not included it desu.

Iron King DLC had pretty outdoor environments and starting up the lifts was alright, but tte rest ofi t was pretty crap. Reused Smelter and the way to him must be some of the most infuriating shit I've played in a videogame ever. Those rooms where you have to drop down to a giant enemy plus 4 additional skeletons in a very small area was also just frustrating.
Fume knight was challenging but it felt satisfying beating him and not having to run so far to him helped in that respect.

Overall the DLC was a mixed bag, better level design overall, but some of the most infuriating moments of getting swarmed in the whole game. If you don't like the main game, I don't think the DLC will change everything like some have suggested.
>>
>>324202250
it wasn't

Bloodborne + TOH > Dark Souls PTDE > Dark Souls > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> dog shit > anything Dark Souls 2
>>
>>324202250
>b-but seriously guys i-im r-right so lets just drop it al-alright
>self bump x]

kill yourself
>>
>>324201343
It's hard having flaws in mechanics when you remove those mechanics completely.
>>
>>324202317
Moon Presence is the reason for the outbreak in the first place.

paleblood = mp
>>
>>324202331
Well, the main complaint i hear about DS2 is the level design, not the linearity.
>>
>the shitposting ends here
>Follows immediately with a shitpost
FUCK
>>
>>324202448
yeah, I'm glad soul memory and iframes tied to a stat doesn't exist in bb
>>
>>324202485
The original outbreak was caused by the Healing Church. The ashen blood disease had already progressed into the beast scourge before the Moon Presence first appeared to Gehrman and Laurence.
>>
>>324202418
this nigg gets it :^)
>>
File: 1452396777418.jpg (60KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
1452396777418.jpg
60KB, 600x750px
What's worse?

DS2 or Lords of the Fallen?
>>
>>324202331
>and then the level design shits the bed, just like Bloodborne.
The problem is that the level design in DaS2 starts getting linear after the very first bosses of each area, which is 5 minutes in depending on which path you go.

You can get to the bastille in 2 ways, though:
>1 of them is objectively superior, gives you an important item and opens an additional shortcut
>they are points of no return, you cannot walk backwards to the first area, they are literally warps and then it requires bonfire warp, it's not intertwined open world

In short, bonfire warping has ruined the entire map design
>>
>>324202534
there is no interconnectivity in the level design, so there's that

on top of being linear, it makes the world feel disconnected and shitty

>>324202592
I'm confused.
define the old blood
and define paleblood
>>
I just remembered a very good reason why 2 was worse than 1 (I made the 3 point list)

The music in 2 was okay-ish and the music in 1 was pretty good.
>>
>>324202356
All the infuriating moments in the DLCs you discussed were specifically designed to be done in coop. Which was a terrible idea but explains why they seem so shitty compared to the rest of each DLC.
>>
>>324202448
sometimes having too many half assed mechanics is worst then less polished mechanics

just play far cry 3 and tell me how satisfying the hunting, gathering, stealth, and crafting are

then play blood dragon and watch how removing 60% of the mechanics actually improves the game
>>
>>324202803
I agree, but i never understood why. It's the same composer.
>>
>>324202125
Here's Aldia:

>you fight nashandra then decide what to do with the throne
>aldia teleports in
>"fight me and then decide what to do with the throne!"
They didn't even bother with anything, they simply added another boss, it's basically "phase 2" of nashandra, makes zero sense.
>>
>>324202705
The most important thing is that the level design removes the fantastic and comfy feeling of exploring a new zone and finding a staircase or elevator that takes you right next to Firelink Shrine.
>>
>>324202749
Old Blood: The ancient blood found deep within the Pthumerian dungeons, used in early experiments by the Healing Church and eventually produced various kinds of blood, such as the ashen blood, the vileblood, and even the invigorating blood of blood saints.
Paleblood: I actually don't know. Some things suggest that Paleblood is actually the name of the Moon Presence. I thin Paleblood is a reference to insight, and the 'pale' blood of the kin.
>>
I recently went back to it and couldn't believe the game doesn't even have analog control. It just snaps you to cardinal directions. Controls just felt like total shit after playing so much Bloodborne recently.
>>
>>324202331
Linearity is a problem when the individual level design is also shit.

You either get a good, individually designed areas (DeS, BB) and you can give up open world, or a good focus on an intertwining world (DaS)

DaS2 is inferior in both fields, of course it gets shit on more than others.
>>
>>324202916
>Dark Souls 2's end boss is now comprised of three different encounters broken up by cutscenes
From please, you know this isn't how you make good bosses.
>>
>>324203014
is it not implied that paleblood is the cause of the outbreak though?
>>
>>324202916
I still don't get why he intervened. I mean he's been leading you to the throne all the time, just like Nashandra has. What, does he just like Nashandra attempt to take you down in a pathetic attempt to take all your lord souls and claim the throne for himeself? Then when he gets rekt he just goes "okay, didn't work"?.
Because I can only guess that his motivation is the same as Nashandra, which makes this even weirder since it's just two challengers back to back.
>>
>>324202580
Are you also glad they removed diferent upgrade paths, dual wielding, mixing two weapons in both hands, summon signs, boss weapons, enemy weapons, enemy equipment drops, 4 different spell paths (pyromancy, hexes, faith and magic) with actuall spells and diversity?
>>
>>324203154
no boss in dark souls 2 was good

not a single one
>>
>>324202356
I hated sunken temple so much, it's probably my least favourite area in any souls game, including lost izalith
>>
>>324198204
Its a really good game
But its still the worst in the series
>>
>>324203278
No, the cause of the outbreak is confirmed to be the Healing Church. They were experimenting with blood in Old Yharnam when they accidentally created a disease called ashen blood. This disease eventually mutated into the beast scourge.

Paleblood has something to do with the moon. "Paleblood sky", "Paleblood. The nameless Moon Presence beckoned by Laurence", "seek Paleblood to transcend the hunt".
>>
>>324202669
definitely lords of the fallen. they took the gameplay formula, did it much worse, and then covered it in some of the absolutely most generic art design
>>
>>324202669
LotF, duh

>DaS2 fags got blown the fuck out so they scale down their comparison to feel better about their game
>>
>>324198204
It wasn't a bad game.

but it was the weakest of the series
>>
>>324201704
No I'm complaining because everyone had the same fucking build when that prepatch, a stupid poise through everything flip dex shitter build. Just that you're defending it means that you're one of those guys who never learned how to play the game and just poised through shit for lols leveling forever backstabbing anyone who did differently.

gg idiot, good luck in ds3
>>
>>324202915
When you're forced to make yearly sequels you have to churn shit out at a faster pace, resulting in an overall drop in quality.

Oh, that's just what happened to DaS2 in a nutshell!
>>
>>324203330
He'a just challenging you to see if you're capable of choosing between throne or going beyond light and dark.

>>324203368
Alonne, fume knight, pursuer, Ivory king, etc.
>>
File: 1429258924034.png (292KB, 419x559px) Image search: [Google]
1429258924034.png
292KB, 419x559px
>Mfw fighting Mytha with the poison thinking that there must be some way to stop the poison flowing through the level so I scour the area for anything but can't find anything so I resume the fight
>Mfw I find out later that you actually could burn up the windmill...only that you do it on a METAL part
What the hell were they thinking?
>>
>>324203409
>>324203660
We should hang out
>>
>>324203331
most of that is in bb just changed to make sense for its themes, ie bosses dont just randomly drop weapons but drop badges that let you purchase weapons, there is no "magic" so there is no schools and you are always "dual wielding" if you are referring to a double dagger kind of set up there are weapons which transform into being just that

you have no ground to stand on
>>
i have a question.
is there a minimal amount of int and faith you should have for a strength build, because i want to use artorias great sword cursed for new londo, but i don't want to waste any points and also can you upgrade BKGS beyond+5 and is it better than artorias great cursed great sword fully upgraded?
>>
>>324203783
but I just wrecked Nashandra, isn't that proof enough that I got the power? I don't get it.
>>
>>324203797
I'm not kidding you, I accidentally found that out while I was fucking around, but I agree, that shit was retarded, is there ANY indication you should do that?
>>
>>324203331
upgrade paths are supplemented by gems, which can match all of the same kinds of attributes and is actually more complicated than having different upgrade paths

power stance has always been meme tier and terrible
bloodborne does pigeon hole you into a specific playstyle and doesn't let you use trick weapons in offhand, but that playstyle is extremely well done

on top of that, trick weapons are so fleshed out that they're about double that of any weapon in any other souls game in terms of moveset and they're all completely unique with the exception of cleaver and spear which share the same untricked moveset. there is no 20 kinds of straight swords that just happen to have different R2s or no 10 great hammer weapons with the exact same moveset

the summon system, especially with passwords is actually vastly superior to summon signs, what I don't really like about it is bell maidens

all the other shit I wouldn't even classify as complaints, except the last one which can be summed up as play the game the way it wants you to play it and use hunter tools as utility, there is no such thing as a pure mage in bloodborne
>>
>>324203783
I liked Pursuer but I think they overused him. Killing 4 Pursuers in every playthrough just feels like too much.

On the plus side, double-Pursuer is pretty good as far as 2-on-1 fights go, it's a lot more fun than motherfucking 2kats.
>>
>>324203783
>Alonne, fume knight, pursuer, Ivory king, etc.
3 DLC bosses

all shit anyway
>>
>>324203378
I feel like only the beginning is frustrating, once you get into the main building and start descending it feels pretty straightforward.
>>
>>324203783
>He'a just challenging you to see if you're capable of choosing between throne or going beyond light and dark.
Fighting an immobile blob of black smegma will grant you the ability to choose a binary choice?

>pursuer
Walk to the right to avoid everything: the boss. Shit design. Everything else is DLC with an insane price/content ratio compared to original, so it doesn't count.
>>
>>324203932
Killing Nashandra was proof you're ready for the throne. Beating Aldia (beating being key wird here, since he is still alive even after you defeat him) is proof that you can go beyond the scope of light and dark, or at least choos between that or the throne.
>>
I like DS2

not Scholar

that's the stupid version
>>
DaS2 has really floaty attack animations, and I don't understand why since they made the movement a lot less floaty than the preceding two games
>>
>>324203876
>you have no ground to stand on

Why does the setting requires that you only can have a gun on your left and a weapon in your right?

Why can't bosses drom some form boss soul form equivalent ("x's blood essence" or some shit with blood in the name) whith lore information?

They had a school (Byrgenwerth) so why couldn't they build actuall spells around it? Things like cast light ir body fog would make sense, be usefuo in the game, and fit the lore. But they limited themselves with basic spells.

You're actually defending Blooborne's step down in content.
>>
>>324204335
so Aldia actually succeeded in his research? He found a middle way and he wants you to pursue it? Is that what the "walk away" ending comes down to? His form with the vines and shit reminds me of something chaos like, so does he want to start an age of chaos, or something in between humanity or chaos? This is all I can think of.
>>
>>324204153
Yeah I did love the invincible enemies tied to the statues, running around finding them with 5 guys chasing you was the best moment of the DLC for me. They should have played around with that idea more.

Sneaking past the beasts in the lake is shit. The beginning with the 85 moving platforms is shit. Descending that whole area to the squalid queen wasn't exactly interesting. Venom-spitting statues are also shit. The dragon fight was very poor in my opinion.
>>
>>324203949
Notes left by other players
>>
>>324203949
I guess if someone leaves a message there, or you take the little slope and the iron there as being "oiled in" so you can set fire to it, but I dunno man, it's vague as fuck. I wonder if they actually want you to fight her in poison as the default fight, but I doubt it because for me it was a giant difficulty spike that did not come again up until maybe Looking Glass knight
>>
>>324204790
No he says he failed the experiment and cannot change the situation anymore, that's why he's guiding you.

Yet he can still fight apparently. And the fight itself is absolutely meaningless. Poorly thought-out content.
>>
>>324204317
>walk to the right, get hit by his shield, combied by his attacks and killed - Person who never played the game

ftfy
>>
File: image.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>324204470
>Dark Souls 2 softs < Dark Souls 2 vanilla
>>
>>324205068
>pursuer fight
>getting hit by the shield bash by walking to the right
Speaking about never having played the game...
>>
>>324205051
so he's hoping that the player will continue where he failed or something?
>>
>>324203331
That is the only real problem with BB but it makes up for it so much elsewhere.

The actual weapons and weapon diversity is done way better than previously. Likely why they are adding all the weapon arts and shit into Dark Souls 3 to try and get some of that BB feel.
>>
>>324204827
>invincible enemies
What
>Sneaking pasts the beasts in the lake
What
>The beginning with the 85 moving platforms
What
>Venom-spitting statues
Those weren't even common in Sunken King compared to the main game
>>
>>324204714
the game doesnt require you to have a gun in one hand and a weapon in the other it has a "main hand" and "offhand" slot and guns are bound to off hand while weapons to main, however "transforming" a weapon lets you duel wield with it, hold it with two hands etc. depends on the weapon (transforming is a big theme in bb)

bosses drop all sorts of assorted shit with lore text, every badge dropped (seriously almost all npcs drop one and a lot of bosses do as well, also they allow you to purchase weapons/armor with further lore text) has a description and some random bosses like logarious will drop his crown or thing like that

there isnt a "magic" in bloodborne like in traditional fantasy settings but its more a force pulled from the cosmos, "hunters" cant really just use that shit willy nilly so while you have certain items which replace spells there isnt an actual "mages" or anything else

and how is bb a "step down" in content from ds2? you clearly never even played bb in your life you dont even know some of its most basics mechanics and how they work
>>
>>324205182
Yes he has an agenda when he tells you love is meaningless and a lie.

>aldia was a bitter virgin
>>
>>324205212
You should actually play the game before barging into threads and reply "what" to everything like you were on gameFAQs.
>>
>>324204714
>Why can't bosses drom some form boss soul form equivalent

Because they don't need to in order for you to learn lore about them? Majority of what you learn about Gascoigne you learn from 1 npc and 2 item descriptions that can be found on items during his fight and in the area before.

Not to mention bosses that happen to drop items close to them/related to them. i.e vicar, orphan, laurence, maria

there are plenty of utility spells in the game, ranging from a roar with knock down, to slow moving seeking projectiles, to a giant aoe that fires many projectiles, to a spell that chances your roll speed and recovery, etc

bloodborne is all quality > quantity, which seems to be a working system since From is basing das3 on the same premise with just about the same number of bosses that the base game of bloodborne has
>>
>>324205304
I was pretty happy when I got the off-hand fist weapon in the DLC, but disappointed when I realized it was shit.
>>
>>324205212
saying what over and over doesn't mean anything anon, if you don't understand what he means you haven't played the DLC.
>>324204827
I was surprised that they actually dared do another area with just giant beast standing around like in Izalith. Like why would you conciously remind people of an area that no one liked.
>>
>>324204790
He wants to find a choice that's not either light age and age of darkness.
The edge of a coins in the supposed binary choice that Dark Souls 1 had.

"I lost everything, but remained here, patiently.
The throne will certainly receive you.
But the question remains…
What do you want, truly?
Light? Dark? Or something else entirely

There is no path.
Beyond the scope of light, beyond the reach of Dark…
…what could possibly await us?
And yet, we seek it, insatiably…
Such is our fate."
>>
>>324205158
SotFS just adds more enemies in ~wacky~ and ~unexpected~ places

and more npc invaders which are all shit

and a shortcut in no-man's wharf

and a dragon in Heide's for some reason ???
>>
>>324205158
>we fixed it! see, we added more enemies!
>>
>>324205452
i don't understand why it can't just parry at melee range and not consume a bullet

at least gatling gun is fucking great
>>
>>324205158
>any souls games
>10 humanity/effigies in inventory

>SotfS
>85 Effigies in inventory

Casual cushion version
>>
>>324205685
I have never really used a gun that wasn't the starter pistol. I tried a few others but quickly realized the repeating pistol was probably the best at parrying, and the idea of using my gun for damage didn't appeal to me. End result is I felt like I was playing with an empty off-hand, doing bare fist parries all game long, because that's all the off-hand slot was for: a parry button that consumes ammo.
>>
File: Dark Souls 2 Endgame Meta.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 2 Endgame Meta.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>324205158
they're both shit so it doesn't really matter
>>
>>324205432
>>324205458
But I have played the DLC and none of those things actually happened
The ghosts have higher defenses but aren't invincible and are incapable of climbing ladders, plus there's only two encounters with them and the statues don't respawn
The beasts in the lake are so slow and spread out so wide that you can easily just kill them, get the bonfire and whatever items you want, and then run past them
I still don't know what the fuck he means by 85 moving platforms, you raise a few platforms once and never again once you get the second bonfire
>>
>>324205452
only use i found is using it to cripple the legs of giant bosses that had that mechanic shit seriously causes their legs to break in almost 1 hit
>>
>>324205449
>Majority of what you learn about Gascoigne you learn from 1 npc and 2 item descriptions that can be found on items during his fight and in the area before.
only played to up that point, but man I love how the lore helped me in that fight in two ways. The music box, and knowing about fire doing more damage against beasts, so chugging molotovs at him during 2nd phase felt rewarding. Don't remember the Souls games doing anything like that except for maybe the velstadt helemt and hidden stuff that make the bosses harder rather than easier.
>>
File: blunderbully.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
blunderbully.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>324205873
if you ever decide to want gun damage/something that just fucks npcs

blunderbuss stuns the shit out of everything

with 50 blt and BMA, it can do retarded damage, especially to low defense enemies
>>

How to start a shitposting thread 101
>>
>>324205915
>The beasts in the lake are so slow and spread out so wide that you can easily just kill them
doesn't make it good or enjoyable though, now does it?
>>
>>324205449
>there are plenty of utility spells in the game, ranging from a roar with knock down, to slow moving seeking projectiles, to a giant aoe that fires many projectiles, to a spell that chances your roll speed and recovery, etc

Half of those don't scale at all with your character like spells do and are things the other games had as consumable (old hunter bone=green bossom+ that ring that meks you disappear when you roll) because they weren't that complex
>>
>>324206096
It sure as hell doesn't make it worth complaining about when it's infinitely shorter than Lost Izalith, doesn't have a DoT effect and doesn't swarm you with multiple fuckers at once
>>
Naw Dark Souls 2 original was pretty average. Scholar of the First Sin however fixed a lot of issues and added new enemy placement and content
>>
>>324206029
I really hate that a gun does as much damage as a fully charged Kirkhammer R2.
>>324205882
I stopped playing arena before Ice Rapier season, I'm glad to know I didn't miss out on anything.
>>
>>324206271
>it's good because this shitty area is shorter
No Timmy, in above-zero-standards land, you usually fix the issues of a sequel by making it better, not giving you the ability to skip the same shitty part.
>>
>>324206271
>it's not as bad as the worst level in the whole series so let's not complai nabout it
lol
>>
>>324205517
>SotFS just adds more enemies in ~wacky~ and ~unexpected~ places

Heides kinghts being in heides tower of flame

Vegarl's body being on top of the place where you find his head

Dragon in Heide's tower close to the Dragon Riders

Nimble shadows (assassins) in dark areas

All this make more sense than the Vanilla enemy placement
>>
File: ornifex.jpg (113KB, 730x1066px) Image search: [Google]
ornifex.jpg
113KB, 730x1066px
Peep Waifu > all other waifus
>>
>>324206304
99% of the enemy placement didn't fix or fundamentally change anything, it felt like a mod with different content for the sake of different content

The most grave issues still remain
>that one retarded room filled with sentinels in drangleic castle
>still "enemy swarm encounters = good design" philosophy
>shit hitboxes
>shit world/zone progression
>shit bosses

Okay they changed a spot where there are 4 undead soldiers instead of 3 undead soldiers and one dog
woah
totally different game now
>>
File: skull smash.webm (2MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
skull smash.webm
2MB, 853x480px
>>324205882
>they nerfed malformed skull
>this rapier shit is still allowed
>>
>>324203278
Paleblood was just those that had not been injected with either types of blood.
>>
>>324198204
>this game was equally good as it's predecessors or better
>objectively does things worse than it's predecessors
>equally good or better

Uh, no. The things it does worse are of a greater magnitude and quantity than the things it does better. It literally can't be "equally good or better".
>>
>>324206619
That is not an accurate representation of I-want-to-fuck-that-bird. For starters, we don't see its ass.
>>
>>324206564
A fucking dark magic horse standing on goddamn stairs inside an abandoned castle

Fuck off buddy
>>
>>324198204
As someone who has played all the Souls games + Bloodborbe

Dark Souls 2 has the worst everything:
Shields
Music
Boss design (they literally re-use bosses more than any other in the series)
Weapon variety
interesting locations
lore
DLC
>>
>>324206945
>not liking her fucked up chest

It makes her strange and that's hot
>>
>>324206251
first of all, OHB is absolutely nothing like blossom

second, majority of spells do happen to scale with arc, some of which also have another utility-driven purpose like augur which knocks enemies down, parries, can backstab and do 650+ damage with over 50 arcane

there are plenty of spells that just work like regular spells
blacksky is soul arrow
brew is like a fireball you can unlock with
tonitrus is a ranged aoe that travels in a line across the ground

there is plenty enough to satisfy an arcane build, but the point is that they're not supposed to be your primary means of damage, only to offset and supplement your weapon's elemental damage and give you extra utility
>>
>>324206986
Besides all that it just lacks that charm that spark that all the souls games seem to have.

I can't put my finger on it, but it's the feeling you get when you know you're playing a souls game.
>>
>>324206251
this is like saying dark souls 2 is shit because no guns

the "magic" in bb is shit because quiet frankly there is no "magic" in bb
>>
>>324207047
I like everything about her as long as it's her ass.
>>
>>324207187
>this is like saying dark souls 2 is shit because no guns
Except the argument wasn't that Bloodborne is shit, but that it lacks content compared to previous souls games.
Read the thread you plague ridden beast
>>
>>324207087
Miyazaki didn't develop it, it was handed over to newbies who tried their best to copy the game, but missed the point.
>>
>>324207337
I knew that anon, the spark is miyazaki
>>
>>324207330
except that bloodborne is entirely about quality > quantity

which is why almost every moveset in the game is fleshed the fuck out and completely unique

nice job ignoring >>324207078, by the way

you're not going to find 20 different kinds of soul arrow, no
>>
>>324207087
The charm of Dark Souls for me was its interconnected world, with everything connecting in some way to Firelink, everything sort of built like a beehive around that core. It felt like playing a good 3D Castlevania or Metroid, exploring the world felt good because you definitely got a sense of how everything was connected. Dark Souls 2 completely failed in that regarded, it just felt like a bunch of completely separate levels. Bloodborne's world felt a bit more interconnected but the Hunter's Dream was a shit I can only associate with the frustration of long load times.
>>
>>324207557
This so fucking much.

Been running kirkhammer since i could buy it and it just feels right.

You learn the weapons, their movesets, their speeds and what moves to use in what situations.

Plus you invest your stones into one weapon if you want the most out of it.
>>
>>324207771
you find enough bloodstones of any kind to level at least 3 weapons to +9
>>
>>324207330
that didnt come out right

my point was bb not having spells matters as much as dark souls 2 not having guns, they just dont fit in either games theme so them not being in the games dont matter

candidly overlooking how weapon transformations infinitely expanded on weapons and how they can even be used as their own projectiles is pretty smooth though
>>
File: 1425070129185.gif (131KB, 248x500px) Image search: [Google]
1425070129185.gif
131KB, 248x500px
>attempting to defend and come clean about why Dark Souls 2 was "great"

It had a more linear story/environments, the new mechanics always backfired on the player rather than helping the experience, the bosses were boring and reused up the ass, music was pretty good, but didn't add anything new, weapons aren't unique, the lore was interesting at first, but then turned to shit, and the only redeeming factor was the framerate was buttery smooth.

Bloodborne is the better sequel to Dark Souls, even if its not a direct one
>>
>>324198204
>saying the game is okay
accurate
>saying it is equal to the first dark souls
not even close
>>
>>324207771
Doesn't it frustrate you that for all the nice moves the Kirkhammer has, the objectively highest damage output it has is sword-mode R1 spam? The other moves are fancy and feel good, sure, but I often feel like there isn't much of an incentive to do anything but sword-mode R1 spam, hammermode charged R2 on bosses, or hammermode R1 spam on stunlockable enemies.

I compare this to something like a Lucerne in DaS and even though Kirkhammer has the more varied moveset, I found myself switching up and using different attacks more often with the Lucerne.
>>
>>324201909
>It's pretty much exactly Duke's.
Dukes was literally cainhurst right down to the moving bookshelf.

Research Hall is like 3 times the size of douks.
>>
>>324208074
>the objectively highest damage output it has is sword-mode R1 spam
that's not even true

because of modifiers, untricked mode does pretty poor damage, not to mention the potential damage you can get out of blunt gems

everyone pretty much ignores untricked kirk, just like they ignore untricked ludwigs
>>
>>324208074
Well it depends on what fight you're in really.
But so what if one move doesn't give you the ultimately highest amout of damage per second. It's a video game anon, have fun with it.

You can't always pull off charged r2s or r1 spam though.
>>
>>324208341
>because of modifiers, untricked mode does pretty poor damage
Per hit, but it deals more damage over time and is more stamina efficient. Hammermode is just too weak considering how slow and unwieldy it is.
>>
>>324208074
cant you just put 32% blunt gems in and do way more damage tricked?
>>
> people still think Dark Souls 1 was anything but increasingly linear levels that branched off to dead ends

Every area in Dark Souls 1 is a straight line. All the "intertwining" shortcuts are elevators or stairs that you unlock just to make getting through the zone quicker upon death.

There is no branching paths through a level after Blighttown and no alternate paths.

The only true non linear section of the game is Lost Izalith and that's just because you can open up a door to skip 90% of the level the first time around. Either way every zone is a straight line to the boss that unlocks another zone.

All souls games have the same level design as Demons Souls, people just think Dark Souls 1 doesn't because there is no true hub world.
>>
>>324208550
in hammer mode, 32.6% blunt gems will always be farm more damage efficient than 27.2%s

untricked mostly gets ignored
>>
>>324199182
How can those people be contrarian if it's a popular belief? Aren't you the one being contrarian?
>>
>>324208709
Know any good strength builds?

Running kirk atm with 30 vit 39 str and 20 end
>>
>>324206986
> they literally re-use bosses more than any other in the series.
Dude.
In DaS 1 you fight three ass demons and smough, which feels like asylum demon 2.0.
>>
File: are you sure anon.jpg (111KB, 750x592px) Image search: [Google]
are you sure anon.jpg
111KB, 750x592px
>>324201137
last time i checked you could use the bonfire as a shortcut between zones. . . .
>>
>>324208653
dark souls 1 is vertically and horizontally stacked with shortcuts branching between all kinds of different areas

the level design, as far as interconnectivity is concerned, is still the best in the series to date

>>324208792
I tend to prefer quality leaning str since there aren't that many pure str or pure skl weapons in the game.

I just ran this and it was great.
https://mugenmonkey.com/bloodborne/13293
>>
>>324208974
Might give it a go. Are arcane builds good?
>>
>>324209185
yes, if you know what gems to grab and where

http://bloodborne.wikidot.com/characterbuild:bl105-nearly-pure-arcane
>>
>>324208709
>>324208560
You're sacrificing any ability to deal damage in swordmode for a marginal increase to hammermode damage, which locks you into one restrictive moveset and defeats the argument that trick weapons have such varied movesets. With regular bloodgems, swordmode has higher DPS than hammermode. It might not feel as satisfying to land blows with it but it just has better damage output. Which fucking sucks. You pick the Kirkhammer to play with a hammer, but the game really favors faster weapons both in playstyles and stats.
>>
>>324209295
Thanks anon!
>>
>>324209320
>for a marginal increase to hammermode damage
>marginal
>15% increase

>sword mode
>relevant

:^)
>>
>>324198204
Dark Souls and 2 and both pretty much, like, nothing is really too hilariously badly different, they're both great games, if you widen your perspective a little.
>>
>>324209361
if you make an arcane build, you'll want to pick up flamesprayer, the fire gem in the bottom of abandoned workship, the nourishing gem in the forest and far chalice dungeon hooded fire resin guys for fire gems

arcane builds are ideal only with a wide range of knowledge about enemies weaknesses, loot piles and farming locations in the game

otherwise they're hardmode
>>
>>324209430
>sacrificing half the moveset for 15% damage :^)
>>
>>324209858
m8

look at the weapon you're talking about

no one, NO ONE, cares about the untricked mode on the kirk hammer

and with kirk's base AR and 50 str, it's probably at least a 100 AR increase, which is quite significant
>>
>>324210252
Solid argument there anon. I now realize that sacrificing any ability to deal quick hits with the sword mode and overall switch up my offense style is totally worth the extra hammermode AR, after all it's going to let me kill people half a hit faster. :^)
>>
>>324210506
you're kind of stupid, but okay

you'll be 3-4 shotting people with kirk's blunt damage even when they have 50 vit and %25 worth of runes

good luck with R1 mashing them to death untrick, tho!
>>
>>324210764
And you'll still be 3-4 shotting people with kirk's damage if you use 27% blood gems, except you'll also be able to use the swordmode in situations where it's advantageous to do so.

For someone who was fapping over the weapon's movesets, you are surprisingly dumb by locking yourself out of half the moveset for something that won't even guarantee you kill people in one less hit.
>>
>>324198204
Game was too long and had too little sense of purpse for the player. One full run of das2 took me 100h, I managed 3 in 130h for das1
>>
File: hutt_burt.png (17KB, 611x554px) Image search: [Google]
hutt_burt.png
17KB, 611x554px
>>324198204
>>324198719
>>324198895
>>324199283
Didn't get all of you fuckwads because I dont really give a shit. Even though most are shitpists anyway. Why does everyone get sand in their fucking pussies over this. We all have known in our hearts DS2 was the most memorable entry in the series for a while. Can you go eat shit now?

>>324199182
This anon gets it.

Using terms such as "objectively" to describe a completely subjective medium should be a banable offense
>>
>>324211581
>We all have known in our hearts DS2 was the most memorable entry in the series for a while.
You were 8 years old when you played it, of course it's going to seem more memorable to you.
>>
File: Smelter_demon_cotoik.jpg (130KB, 500x528px) Image search: [Google]
Smelter_demon_cotoik.jpg
130KB, 500x528px
>"Guys we need some new bosses for the DLC"
>"What if we take that one boss most everyone hated and made him blue?"
>"I'm listening"
>"and then we made his sword twice as long and fucked up his hitboxes"
>"Sounds good"
>"and then we will up his defenses so fucking high the only way to effectively damage him is respec into a strength character."
>"I'm really liking this."
>"And finally we will make it a long ass walk to his boss room, with enemies that prevent players from running so they have to fight everything on the way there."
>"Somene give this man a promotion!"
>>
>>324212446
I didn't mind Smelter Demon: Bluelectric Boogaloo but I'm a strength build, I hadn't really considered how annoying he might be for dex builds. Is it really that bad?
>>
>>324198204
>proceeds to post horseshit
>>
>>324198874
>opinion
>opinion
>opinion
What a fucking clown.
>>
>>324212446
Summon niggas, damn.
>>
>>324212795
>>324213113
It's not about difficulty, it's about poor quality.
>>
The FROM fanbase is the worst.
>>
>>324208653
this. das1 fanboys are so delusional and overlook every flaw of their masterpiece. the level design is one of the most overrated parts thanks to easily-impressed idiots with no spatial awareness

>omg a gate that saw earlier opens to a place i was before but for some reason i couldnt just reach through the bars and open it the first time
>omg another gate i saw earlier in a place i was before that i couldnt just reach through and open
>omg a magic elevator that takes me back to near the beginning of the game
>omg a path that leads back to a place i was before. absolute genius
>>
>>324212446
The challenge areas sucked, but they were clearly designed for co-op.
Doesn't make them good, but their absurd difficulty makes a bit more sense with that in mind.
>>
>>324198204
two words

soul memory
>>
>>324213194
I thought of him as an optional challenge boss so I didn't mind the lower quality. I mean, look at the other DLCs' challenge bosses. 2kats. 3 random NPC invaders. This is where you go for challenge, not quality design.

I'm not excusing shitty design, just saying I went to Blue Smelter with very low expectations, and he wasn't the worst of the bunch. And the other two bosses in that DLC were pretty great.
>>
>>324213357

>not liking shortcuts

Maybe they should take out bonfires too.
>>
>>324212446
>and then we made his sword twice as long and fucked up his hitboxes
is this true? Because I kept wondering why I was getting so rekt by this boss when I got the first one in only a few tries
>>
File: 1444602303439.gif (167KB, 480x450px) Image search: [Google]
1444602303439.gif
167KB, 480x450px
>>324211753
Try 19 fuccboii
>>
>>324202937
>When you first unlock the pipe gate that means you can go farm humanities and get back to firelink before bedtime
>>
>>324207714
This is probably DaS' most understated strength.

When you find the dragon shrine at the Ash Lake you really get the sense that you're somewhere old and forgotten. A deep, deep place where the dragons still have some small power

Conversely when you literally ascend to anor londo you can see the rest of the world laid out below you. Sen's fortress (which was previously huge and imposing) looks like a toy castle compared to the soaring towers and ramparts of the lords domain.
Thread posts: 254
Thread images: 27

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.